CAUGHT IN THE ACT LIVE

Buy STYX Music
Live, released in 1984

Disc 1: 40:48
1. Music Time (4:45)
2. Mr. Roboto (Live) (4:59)
3. Too Much Time On My Hands (Live) (5:01)
4. Babe (Live) (4:52)
5. Snowblind (Live) (6:00)
6. The Best Of Times (Live) (6:30)
7. Suite Madame Blue (Live) (8:51)

Disc 2: 42:42
1. Rockin' The Paradise (Live) (4:40)
2. Blue Collar Man (Long Nights) (Live) (4:47)
3. Miss America (Live) (6:15)
4. Don't Let It End (Live) (5:25)
5. Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man) (Live) (6:05)
6. Crystal Ball (Live) (6:24)
7. Come Sail Away (Live) (8:56)

- Chuck Panozzo / bass guitar, bass pedals & vocals
- Dennis DeYoung / keyboards & vocals
- James "JY" Young / electric & lead guitars, string synthesizer & vocals
- John Panozzo / drums & percussion
- Tommy Shaw / acoustic, lead & electric guitars, vocoder & vocals

A&M/RCA S253827

Buy STYX Caught In The Act Live Music

Styx - Caught in the act Live 2LP INC POSTERS AM issue AMLM 66704 1977 USD $3.85 Buy It Now 14h 52m
Styx "Caught In The Act Live" 2x LP VG+ OOP Autograph Signed Tommy Shaw USD $69.99 Buy It Now 20h 54m
EX Styx - Caught In The Act Live (1984) A&M Records - SP-6514 Vinyl LP Album USD $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Sealed Mint STYX Caught In The Act Live (2) Lp 1st Pressing USD $20.00 [0 bids]
STYX - Caught in the Act (1984) 2-LP Vinyl .PLAY-GRADED. Live, Mr. Roboto USD $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Vinyl Album Styx Caught in the Act Live 2 LP 1984 A&M SP 6514 USD $6.81 Buy It Now 3 days
STYX CAUGHT IN THE ACT LIVE 2X LP 1983 ORIGINAL PRESS GREAT COND! VG++/VG!! USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
STYX - Caught In The Act : Live Double Vinyl LP with Poster A1/B1/C2/D1 USD $3.85 [0 bids]
LP RECORD BLOWOUT: Styx Caught in the Act LIVE USD $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
STYX - Caught In The Act: Live (LP)(EX/G+) USD $16.71 Buy It Now 4 days
STYX: Caught in the Act USA 2x LP LIVE Recording CRC NM- Wax INNERS USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
STYX Caught In The Act (Live) 1984 US CASSETTE A&M Records CLM 66704 NM/NM USD $4.49 Buy It Now 4 days
STYX-CAUGHT IN THE ACT LIVE (UK) (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.47 Buy It Now 5 days
STYX-CAUGHT IN THE ACT LIVE (UK) (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.70 Buy It Now 5 days
STYX CAUGHT IN THE ACT LIVE DOUBLE LP RECORD NO RESERVE USD $0.99 [0 bids]
STYX: CAUGHT IN THE ACT - LIVE [LP vinyl A&M SP 65 14, 1984] USD $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Styx Caught In The Act Live Excellent 2 x Vinyl Record AMLM 66704 USD $9.01 Buy It Now 7 days
Styx "Caught In The Act" (Live) CANADIAN CASSETTE ALBUM EX/EX PLAY TESTED B1C USD $7.72 Buy It Now 7 days
STYX CAUGHT IN THE ACT LIVE 2 LP 1984 A&M SP-6514 EX USD $14.00 Buy It Now 7 days
STYX TAPE CAUGHT IN THE ACT LIVE FREE POST IN AUSTRALIA USD $4.12 Buy It Now 9 days
Caught in the Act (live) - Styx LP Free Shipping! USD $37.65 Buy It Now 9 days
Styx Caught in the Act Original vinyl 2 LP Live Dennis DeYoung Tommy Shaw USD $4.99 [0 bids]
STYX Caught In The Act Live SP06514 Dbl LP Vinyl VG+ near ++ Cvr Fair GF Sleeve USD $5.09 Buy It Now 9 days
Styx - CAUGHT IN THE ACT LIVE - cassette 1984 A&M California Tested USD $5.49 Buy It Now 11 days
LASERDISC Styx Caught In The Act Live SM0680015 A&M Japan OBI USD $19.99 Buy It Now 11 days
STYX caught in the act live (uk & poster) DOUBLE LP EX+/EX AMLM 66704 arena rock USD $17.02 Buy It Now 11 days
STYX caught in the act live (uk & poster) DOUBLE LP EX+/EX AMLM 66704 arena rock USD $18.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Styx - Caught In The Act Live Vinyl LP 2xRecord Album USD $12.49 Buy It Now 13 days
STYX caught in the act live 2-LP JAPAN WARNER PIONEER A&M ALFA AMP-8011/12 OBI USD $29.99 Buy It Now 14 days
STYX CAUGHT IN THE ACT LP 1984 DOUBLE LIVE ALBUM (NICE CLEAN RECORD - SOME EDGE/ USD $16.73 Buy It Now 14 days
STYX CAUGHT IN THE ACT (JAPAN) LP 1983 DOUBLE LIVE ALBUM IN G/FOLD COVER WITH OB USD $36.02 Buy It Now 14 days
Caught In The Act Live Styx Audio CD USD $18.95 Buy It Now 15 days
Styx ~ "Caught In The Act" - Live Double LP A&M (SP-6514) 1975 - 83 USD $15.68 Buy It Now 15 days
Styx - Caught In The Act Live [New CD] UK - Import USD $14.82 Buy It Now 16 days
STYX CAUGHT IN THE ACT LIVE CASSETTE USD $5.98 Buy It Now 16 days
Styx ?- Caught In The Act Live YUGOSLAVIAN LP 1984 MINT/NM PGP RTB ?- 3220141 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Styx - Caught In The Act (live) 12" Vinyl Lp USD $23.09 Buy It Now 17 days
styx - caught in the act (life) 2 lp vinyl USD $30.00 Buy It Now 17 days
LP< USD $18.00 Buy It Now 18 days
Styx - Caught In The Act Live (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.82 Buy It Now 18 days
STYX CAUGHT IN THE ACT LIVE DOUBLE 12'' VINYL 33 RPM LP RECORD ALBUM USD $15.00 Buy It Now 19 days
1984 ROCK DOUBLE LP - STYX - A&M 6514 - "CAUGHT IN THE ACT. LIVE" USD $9.00 Buy It Now 19 days
STYX Caught in the Act JAPAN Mini LP SHM 2 CD 1983 Live UICY-77890/1 2016 USD $38.50 Buy It Now 20 days
STYX CAUGHT IN THE ACT LIVE JAPAN USD $19.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Styx - Caught In The Act Live CAN 2LP 1984 FOC + Innerbag /4* USD $13.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Styx - Caught In The Act - Live Vinyl Maxi (2) Interscope NEW lp USD $21.81 Buy It Now 20 days
Styx, Caught in the Act Live, 1984, A&M Records, SP-6514, 2 LPs, Gatefold USD $15.00 Buy It Now 20 days
STYX: CAUGHT IN THE ACT LIVE 2 CD SET A&M RECORDS TOMMY SHAW DENNIS DEYOUNG USD $17.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Styx - Caught In The Act Live [CD] USD $17.92 Buy It Now 21 days
Styx Caught In The Act live cassette A&M USD $3.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Styx Caught In The Act Live 1984 UK A&M Cassette USD $5.50 Buy It Now 21 days
Styx Caught In The Act Live Vinyl Record Album 1984 A&M SP-6514 USD $6.97 Buy It Now 21 days
Styx *** caught in the act live *** gold stamped promo copy *** double vinyl Lp USD $17.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Styx - Caught in the Act Live (2018) 2CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST USD $16.15 Buy It Now 22 days
Korean Vinyl Lp Record : Styx - Caught In The Act Live USD $16.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Styx CAUGHT IN THE ACT LIVE 180g A&M RECORDS Gatefold NEW SEALED VINYL 2 LP USD $19.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Styx - Caught in the Act: Live (A&M 6514) (2 LP set) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Styx : Caught in the Act: Live CD (1999) USD $8.98 Buy It Now 25 days
Styx - Caught In The Act, Live 2xLP 1984 US Press A&M Records - SP-6514 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Styx - Caught In The Act Live Japan SHM-2CD Mini LP OBI Brand New UICY-93926/7 USD $44.49 Buy It Now 25 days
3 Styx Cassette Tapes Pieces Of Eight/ Caught In The Act Live/ Lady USD $8.95 Buy It Now 25 days
STYX Japan 1984 PROMO NM 2 LP+Obi CAUGHT IN THE ACT LIVE AMP-8011~12 USD $59.99 Buy It Now 26 days
STYX - Caught In Act [2 ] - 2 CD - Live - **Mint Condition** USD $20.75 Buy It Now 27 days
Styx Caught in the Act Live 2-record set SP06514-A 111116LLE#2 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Styx Caught In The Act Live Cassette,Used,Canada. USD $1.78 Buy It Now 28 days
STYX Caught In The Act Live SP06514 Dbl LP Vinyl VG++ Cover VG+ near ++ GF Sleev USD $8.49 Buy It Now 28 days
STYX: Caught In The Act - Live LP (2 LPs, inner sleeves, saw mark, title tag on USD $12.00 Buy It Now 29 days
Caught In The Act (Live) [2 LP], Styx,Very Good, vinyl with cover art- VG/VG-ag USD $12.99 Buy It Now 29 days
Caught In The Act (Live) [2 LP], Styx,Good, ######Vinyl with cover art - G/G-Age USD $11.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy STYX music online Buy STYX & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

STYX Caught In The Act Live ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(12%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(51%)

STYX Caught In The Act Live reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars It's been quite a long time I don't spin this CD and last night I did. My reaction whenever listening to this CD is the laser disc version of this album where I got long before I got the CD. In fact I purchased the CD because I enjoyed the LD. It's one of excellent shows that the band should consider to release the DVD version. Watching the LD version there are two things that I need to put notes. First the stage act and singing style of Tomy Shaw and James Young. I remember vividly how James Young gave good introduction just before he sung "Snowblind" and also how he provided backing with Tomy Shaw and Dennis De Young. Tomy Shaw also gave his powerful voice while playing his guitar. They are not boring on stage at all. Only Chuck Panozzo who seemed pretty quiet - as usual with his style as well Paradise Theater concert.

Second, I like the songs selection as it contains almost all excellent tracks the band has ever created through their previous albums. Actually I expected the band to play "Christopher Mr. Christopher" - a song that colored my childhood but it seems that this song is not popular to Styx. Oh yeah there is another great track by the band from Equinox album: "Born for The Adventure". It's really a cool rock song with tight basslines.

My best favorite track of this performance is "Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)" as it's really rockin' - combining excellent efforts of Tomy Shaw and James Young. It's really cool. Other interesting tracks include "Crystal Ball", "Snowblind", Suite Madame Blue" and "Mr. Roboto". "Don't Let It End" is another excellent track with ballad style.

Overall, this is an excellent rock live album. As I said that this live set comprises excellent selections of the band's previous albums.

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Review by Guillermo
3 stars I listened to this album in 1986 or in 1987, being broadcasted in Stereo by a FM Radio station in my city, now defunct and called "Rock 101". This very missed radio station was the best choice for Rock listeners here. They broadcasted in those years (between 1984 and 1995) special programmes dedicated to very different styles of music, including Progressive Rock (with series of programmes dedicated to the discographies of YES, Genesis, ELO, etc.), Heavy Metal, Rock Oldies, Christian Rock, Reggae, and even music not related to Rock, like Afro-American music! They also broadcasted, almost at midnight some days, complete live albums like this Styx album. I recorded it on a cassette because I liked some parts of it (maybe I`m going to buy the CD one day).

Despite not being a fan of Styx`s music, I think that this band has some quality in their playing and in some of their compositions. I think that Dennis DeYoung, in particular, is a very good keyboard player and singer, and he deserves to be considered as the "main force" in this band. While some of his music is mellow, some other songs like "Come Sail Away" are very good. The live version of this song included in this album, is very good, with the audience singing along with DeYoung, and with a very good guitar solo at the end of the song. Guitarists Tommy Shaw and James Young brought a balance to DeYoung`s style, playing and singing energetic Rock songs like "Miss America". "Crystal Ball" is also a very good live version, one of my favourites from this album. "Babe" is one example of DeYoung`s mellow ballads which some Styx`s Fans like. A real bad song is, IMO, "Mr. Roboto", which was also played a lot in the Radio.

This is a good live album to listen even if you are not a Fan of Styx. The recording and mixing are good too.

4 stars STYX is excellent live! Don't let anyone tell you differently. Past or present, they rock! My favorite tracks are Snowblind, Too Much Time On My Hands, Sweet Madame Blue...forget it I love them all, even Babe and Mr. Roboto. This is a great addition to any collection, along with Return to ... (read more)

Report this review (#17443) | Posted by | Saturday, March 26, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I thought "Crystal Ball" was an exceptional performance, and other Shaw numbers like "Fooling Yourself" were very energetic. Someone I read complained that the older tunes, which he liked, were handled "with kid gloves instead of with chainsaws as they should be". He wanted more heavy-metal ... (read more)

Report this review (#17442) | Posted by | Thursday, March 3, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars As far as live albums go, Styx does a fairly decent job on this one (much better than on the many live albums to follow later in their career). The near-hit "Music Time" starts the album off, but what follows ranges from either fantastic or mediocre, depending on the track. Standout live tracks in ... (read more)

Report this review (#17440) | Posted by | Friday, December 26, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of STYX "Caught In The Act Live"