MARATHON

Buy SAGA Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Marathon (4:59)
2. How Are You? (5:22)
3. Breathing Lessons (4:25)
4. Hands Up (3:44)
5. Streets Of Gold (Chapter 14) (5:11)
6. Blind Side Of The Heart (4:35)
7. Return To Forever (4:26)
8. You Know I Know (Chapter 12) (4:36)
9. Too Deep (4:21)
10. Rise & Shine (3:32)
11. Worlds Apart (Chapter 16) (6:10)

Search SAGA Marathon lyrics

Search SAGA Marathon tabs

- Michael Sadler / vocals, keyboards
- Steve Negus / drums
- Jim Crichton / bass, keyboards
- Jim Gilmour / keyboards, vocals
- Ian Crichton / guitars

TND302

SAGA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SAGA Marathon Music

SagacitySagacity
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Very Best ofVery Best of
Polygram Int'l 2003
10,000 Days10,000 Days
Inside Out 2007
Defining Moments: Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 ]Defining Moments: Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 ]
True North Records 2000
Spin It Again - Live in MunichSpin It Again - Live in Munich
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2013
20/2020/20
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2012
Four Great Sopranos Farrar, Destinn, Litvinne, Barrientos New Sealed Saga Rec. US $9.95 [0 bids]
37m 20s
Tchaikovsky(Vinyl LP)Romeo And Juliet-Saga--UK-VG/VG US $10.99 Buy It Now 47m 8s
SAGA Behaviour LP EX+ GER 1985 Polydor w/ Inner Sleeve US $14.58 Buy It Now 52m 47s
Twilight Saga Eclipse Original Soundtrack CD - Complete Orig Case/Artwork US $4.95 [0 bids]
59m 52s
Defining Moments: Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 by Saga (CD, Nov-1994, Bonaire) US $9.99 [1 bids]
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Mugen no Frontier Special Drama & Soundtrack Disk NEW US $9.99 [0 bids]
ASD 2486 SIBELIUS: LUONNOTAR / EN SAGA / OCEANIDES JONES/LSO/DORATI TAS NM US $64.87 Buy It Now 1h 17m
The Countrymen(Vinyl LP)On Tour-Saga-STFID 2131-UK-VG/Ex US $8.90 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Saga - 'In Transit' Dutch Polydor LP w/inner. Ex! US $8.09 Buy It Now 1h 51m
THE LOUIS ARMSTRONG SAGA - SEALED LP - 1972 CBS ORIGINAL - P 13294 US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h
Saga The Flyer NM/The Flyer Demo Copy 1983 Rock 45 & PS US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Saga - Worlds Apart Revisited (Limited Edition) (NEW 2DVD+2CD) US $32.42 Buy It Now 2h 12m
DAVID SANGER - BOELLMANN, MULET, JONGEN, GIGOUT - SAGA LP NM US $14.00 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Leaves' Eyes / Vinland Saga JAPAN+3 Theatre of Tragedy Atrocity *M US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 33m
BETTY REILLY Caught In The Act LP RARE US FEAT THE SAGA OF ELVIS PRESLEY US $9.98 Buy It Now 2h 34m
BERNARD HERRMANNS WESTERN SAGA LP CERBERUS, Excellent (EX), Film Score US $10.00 [0 bids]
The Saga Continues [PA] by Diddy (CD 2001, Bad Boy Entertainment) US $0.89 [0 bids]
The Countrymen On Tour LP Saga FID 2131 US $4.38 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Hugh Porter & his gospel singers Spirituals Saga STFDY 2089 NM LP B US $4.99 [0 bids]
SAGA-IN TRANSIT-YUGO LP 1982+INNER-UNIQUE BLACK LABEL US $21.00 Buy It Now 3h 16m
BENJAMIN HAWTHORNE'S Olde Tyme Music Hall LP Saga 1967 British Vaudeville Comedy US $6.00 Buy It Now 3h 18m
LEAVES' EYES vinland saga cd US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 23m
the SAGA OF BATTLESTAR GALACTICA LP RECORD MINT SEALED LP VINYL 78 US $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 41m
BEAN, HUGH Beethoven Sonatas #8&9 SAGA STXID 5232 MINT US $60.00 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Box Saga - Blackfly - Filter - 1996 #28794 US $6.47 Buy It Now 4h 9m
ICED EARTH THE DARK SAGA + 2 BONUS TRACKS CD NEW 2010 US $5.26 Buy It Now 4h 11m
The Saga Continues [PA] by P Diddy & Bad Boy Family  Minty CD  New Case US $6.00 Buy It Now 4h 50m
BERNARD HERRMANN: Western Saga LP (wobc) rare Soundtrack & Cast US $40.00 Buy It Now 6h 17m
PD Waxx FAMILY SAGA Drop Em 12" Rare SEALED GANGSTA RAP 12" St. Louis HIP HOP US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 21m
The Saga Continues ...P.Diddy & The Bad Boy Family 2 LPs (VG) 12" PROMO US $13.96 Buy It Now 6h 25m
THE GOOD EARTH It's Hard Rock And All That SAGA LP psych lo-fi 1968 Mungo Jerry US $32.42 [0 bids]
Beach Boys - A California Saga - An Adult Contemp. Special ABC Radio 1980 2 LP US $49.99 Buy It Now 6h 32m
BEAT PARTY TO THE CLASSICS Bing & The Birds SAGA LP groovy pop instrumentals '68 US $9.71 [0 bids]
The Twilight Saga: New Moon - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD+DVD) (2009) US $10.99 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Saga WORLDS APART 1981 Portrait vinyl LP US $9.71 Buy It Now 6h 41m
SAGA the flyer TA 3870 uk portrait 1983 12" PS EX/EX US $36.88 Buy It Now 6h 42m
JELLY ROLL MORTON - The Saga Of Mr Jelly Lord Vol 3 - vinyl LPJoker Italian EX++ US $1.62 [0 bids]
LOUIS ARMSTRONG Saga 8 Track Tape in partial Shrink Wrap NM US $5.00 Buy It Now 7h 10m
The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn pt. 2 Soundtrack 2012 [used CD] A Thousand Years US $4.65 [0 bids]
SAGA heads or tales LP Record 1983 RARE US $17.40 Buy It Now 7h 22m
TWILIGHT SAGA MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE SONG BOOK PIANO SOLOS US $22.55 Buy It Now 7h 32m
SAGA BEHAVIOUR Germany 1985 Polydor 8258401 US $49.99 Buy It Now 7h 49m
SAGA-5330 UK Organ Works of Pachelbel Walther & Buxtehude MAARTEN KOOY US $10.00 Buy It Now 9h 10m
TOO SHORT FREAKY TALES:THE SAGA CONTINUES PART II 1988 ZOMBA 1127-1 EXMT/EX US $9.99 [0 bids]
GYPSY BARON-J.Strauss II-Vienna L.Opera- Lp- ERO 8004, Saga, ex+ US $8.09 [0 bids]
THE SCORE TWILIGHT SAGA ECLIPSE SONG BOOK PIANO SOLOS SLASHED US $22.55 Buy It Now 9h 27m
Da Saga Continues by Poppa Doo (CD, Jun-1994, Critique Records) US $2.69 [0 bids]
SAGA ~ MIKE RAVEN ~ JOAN MILLS ~ JOLLY MACHINE ~ FOLK HERITAGE UK LP ~ NEAR MINT US $243.26 Buy It Now 10h
London P.M.S. Norman Meyer "GRIEG" piano conc.- Lp- 1961 Saga STFD 2012 / EX US $1.61 [0 bids]
TWILIGHT SAGA NEW MOON SONG BOOK EASY PIANO SONGBOOK US $20.71 Buy It Now 10h 41m
Trancesetters - The Saga (Disc 2) (Remixes) #74235 US $6.47 Buy It Now 11h 14m
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse - Original Soundtrack CD - 2010, Summit/Chop Shop US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 21m
Saga Images At Twilight 8 Track Vinyl LP US $16.61 Buy It Now 11h 42m
Screw Theory, Screw Theory: The Saga Continues Audio CD US $5.09 Buy It Now 11h 44m
Panorama Saga - Panorama Saga-Tribute To Jit Samaroo [CD New] US $13.92 Buy It Now 11h 54m
Lord Tariq - Lock In - Team Saga - 2004 #271239 US $6.47 Buy It Now 11h 58m
SAGA - TRUST (+DVD) (SPECIAL) NEW CD US $26.41 Buy It Now 12h 31m
Boise Piano Trio/Beethoven Archduke Trio/Saga STXID 5226/MINT-* US $10.00 Buy It Now 12h 32m
Gosta Berlings Saga GLUE WORKS CD USA 045775031927 Cuneiform Records new US $8.98 [0 bids]
TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN PT 2 (SCORE) / SOUNDTRACK NEW CD US $23.45 Buy It Now 12h 58m
Vladimir Saskenazy The Philharmonic Orch LP Siblius En Saga EX Holland import US $6.00 Buy It Now 13h 11m
Art Tatum HIS RAREST SOLOS Saga 6915 British import Near Mint US $12.95 Buy It Now 14h 4m
Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Pt. 1 (OST) - Various US $14.51 Buy It Now 16h 34m
The Saga Continues [Clean] [Edited] by Diddy (CD) US $2.50 [0 bids]
SEGOVIA & DOHLING Play Bach WOOD Plays Handel 1967 SAGA US $14.58 Buy It Now 19h 27m
ANDRE NAVARRA, JEANNE-MARIE DARRE - CHOPIN piano & cello duos SAGA LP US $54.00 Buy It Now 19h 58m
Leaves Eyes - We Came With The Northern Winds/En Saga I Belgia CD US $15.58 Buy It Now 20h 31m
ASD 541 SEMI CIRCLE UK-63 SARGENT SIBELIUS EN SAGA FINLANDIA KARELIA NM- US $9.99 [0 bids]
Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn [Part 1] [Official Soundtrack] * NEW US $18.97 Buy It Now 20h 47m
The Twilight Saga: New Moon by Original Soundtrack (CD, Oct-2009, Summit... US $18.97 Buy It Now 20h 47m
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse - Original Soundtrack * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $18.97 Buy It Now 20h 47m
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrac US $18.97 Buy It Now 20h 47m
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (Deluxe Edition) * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $21.09 Buy It Now 20h 47m
Kaoru Kurihara's "Giun Saga" Image album 32CC-1004 1986 Japan Used CD No Obi OOP US $10.00 Buy It Now 21h 17m
SAGA worlds apart ML 8004 canadian maze records 1981 LP PS VG+/EX with inner US $14.51 Buy It Now 22h 4m
BILLY ECKSTINE have a song on me LP PS EX/EX uk saga EROS 8099 US $14.58 Buy It Now 22h 5m
SAGA 5473 SHIRLEY QUIRK a recital of english songs NEAR MINT DISC LP PS EX/EX US $14.58 Buy It Now 22h 7m
JUAN MONTEZ AND HIS FLAMENCO TROUPE espana FID 2108 uk saga LP PS EX/VG US $14.58 Buy It Now 22h 7m
TRIOS LOS GRANADOS paraguayan festival EROS 8025 uk saga LP PS VG/EX US $14.58 Buy It Now 22h 7m
RUSS SAINTY ~"The Genius Of LENNON & McCARTNEY"~UK Saga Mono LP 1966~SOC1035 US $24.31 Buy It Now 22h 29m
Sibelius: Symphonies Nos. 5 & 7; En Saga Super Audio Hybrid CD (CD, Apr-2008,... US $11.28 Buy It Now 23h 5m
SAGA Silent Knight LP Dutch Issue Vinyl Album US $16.20 Buy It Now 23h 47m
Saga On the Loose US $5.00 [0 bids]
Saga(Vinyl LP)World's Apart-Polydor-2374 179-UK-Ex/Ex US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SAGA 5311 - HAYDN - Piano Trios 16 & 27 GILELS ROSTROPOVITCH KOGAN -Ex LP Record US $14.58 Buy It Now 1 day
SAGA 5391 - DEBUSSY - Preludes - Book 1 LIVIA REV - Excellent Con LP Record US $14.58 Buy It Now 1 day
SAGA 5475 - DEBUSSY - Piano Music Volume IV LIVIA REV - Excellent Con LP Record US $14.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Purcell/Humfrey/Butterworh(Vinyl LP)A Recital Of English Songs-Saga-Ex/VG US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rossini(Vinyl LP)Quartets For Flute/Clarinet/Basson And Horn-Saga-Ex/VG US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Offenbach(Vinyl LP)Tales Of Hoffemann-Saga-VG/Ex US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
William Byrd(Vinyl LP)Mass In Five Parts-Saga-VG/VG US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mozart(Vinyl LP)Horn/Oboe/Flute Quartets-Saga-VG/VG US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Schubert(Vinyl LP)Best Loved Songs-Saga-Ex/VG US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Detours Live by Saga (CD, Jun-2004, 2 Discs, Steamhammer) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Various OST(Vinyl LP)The Maid Of The Mountains-Saga-ERO 8115-UK-Ex/Ex US $14.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Saga/Behaviour/1985 Portrait LP/EX:EX- US $9.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Saga - 20:20 (NEW 12" VINYL) US $29.18 Buy It Now 1 day
SAGA New Sealed Ltd Ed 2014 HOUSE OF CARDS VINYL RECORD US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROGER TROUTMAN the saga continues LP Sealed 1-23975 Vinyl 1984 Record US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Saga 'My Tribute to ISD' Volume 3 CD Skins / ISD US $14.58 [0 bids]

More places to buy SAGA music online Buy SAGA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SAGA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SAGA Marathon ratings distribution

SAGA Marathon reviews

Review by Hibou
3 stars Like many prolific artists, SAGA let go a few musical farts in their time. And after hearing "Marathon" only once, I thought it all sounded way too familiar - the guys are cruising on automatic pilot once more, thought I. After hearing it a couple of more times, however, something unexpected happened: none of the tunes sounded the same anymore. I finally got on with my life but found myself humming some weird musical tidbits in the oddest places - at work, in a crowded restaurant, in my sleep. Huhh??? As if some chords or catchy passages were constantly/subconsciously simmering in the back of my mind. It was maddening, driving me nuts. So I went and picked up the album once more...

I've concluded that alongwith the inimitable "Generation 13", "Marathon" is one of the better SAGA albums I own. It does not contain any 'hit' songs per se (if you exclude the opener "Marathon" and the ballad "Blind Side of Your Heart"); but its depth and the solid penmanship that went into its making is obvious and the results highly pleasurable. The production is impeccable, the guys have perfected their drum and guitar licks to a 'T', and Michael Sadler is as charismatic as ever. As is the case with most SAGA material, however, the material on "Marathon" is non too complicated (it does not feature many themes or tempo changes). But what IS there is professionally done and sounds crisp and pleasant enough to my ears. A nice piece of light entertainment if you're in the mood for some solid Art Rocking (or polished pop, if you prefer).

Send comments to Hibou (BETA) | Report this review (#17458) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Review by Muzikman
3 stars Saga is "worlds apart" from the sound that made them internationally recognized music stars with their new album Marathon. In some obvious ways they sound very much like that keyboard dominated band from the '80s and often times they sound heavier, with more upfront guitars. The mixture is one that may attract an audience that was previously unavailable while also satisfying some of their longtime fans.

I was disappointed with the consistency and lack of variety on this album. This kind of music does not allow too much variance, and it is because of a formula the band refuses to change. Perhaps if they try some new instruments like adding some horns or doing a ballad with acoustic guitar their sound would have a chance to develop into something more than it always has been, just for the sake of doing something different. I think the potential is there for growth in a definite fusion direction if they choose, a darker heavier sound like popular neo-prog groups have, but I somehow doubt that will ever happen. The genre they fall into certainly is no longer progressive rock -- art rock or hard rock with elements of pop it most certainly is. I hear a group that could be so much more. Regardless, there has to be something working in order to maintain their longevity.

I think longtime fans would find some value in this release and first time listeners could appreciate this album. I never heard any albums in between Worlds Apart and Marathon so I really do not know if they went through any major changes with their sound. As far as I can tell, there is not very much difference in their overall sound more than twenty years later. I honestly did not enjoy this album as much after listening to it for a second time and that is not a good sign, which points to boredom and disinterest the third time I give it a spin. Well, I know I have the one album by Saga that means the most in my collection, and it is not this one.

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#17460) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Review by progrules
3 stars Maybe I was a bit too much of a die hard fan when I decided yet to go for Marathon in 2003. The two predecessors left me cold and were almost disappointing to me but probably I kept hoping for a recovery.

But I wasn't rewarded with this purchase. Fortunately this particular edition was a sale but I almost would like to say it's not worth the full price if you're planning the purchase. The only reason to buy the three albums in the period 1999-2003 is to complete the chapters. An idea that was already launched in the late seventies with Images as Chapter One and Worlds Apart as Chapter 16 on this very release. The chapters run like a thread through all the decades of their career.

At least that's a very nice achievement but to say it lifts the mentioned latter albums to an extremely high level I'd say: no. An album like Security of Illusion really moved me and made me realize why I'm a Saga fan. But the mentioned three around the millenium change made me wonder and that's too bad. Barely three stars once again as well for Marathon.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#158881) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 18, 2008

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Saga's second album from this decade and also from this millenium entitled Marathon from 2003. Well to tell you the truth this album is less convinceing than Full circle for ex, or anything they released between 1979-1984. The music is well plays, typical for a Saga album, but sometimes is more popish in places. Anyway Marathon is another ex of good perseverence in Saga's catalogue with good tunes like:How Are You?, Breathing Lessons, Blind Side Of The Heart , the rest are also good, but not entirely a well rounded and very convinceing album. Marathon desearves a full 3 stars for sure, is another good album in Saga's career. Sadler's voice is agin excellent, great voice and unique aswell. Great interplays between popish elemets with prog arrangements. So if you want to discover some Saga's album don't missed this one, but don't biggin with Marathon aswell, try some early stuff. Good but non essential.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#192265) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 08, 2008

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars The final chapter in the original Saga

2003's Marathon was the third in a trio of interconnected Saga albums that begun with Full Circle in 1999 and continued with House Of Cards in 2001. These three albums all harked back to the band's earliest days and all featured (an updated version of) the paradigmatic insect on the sleeve. The latter is here portrayed as a kind of modern-day comic book superhero which suits the band's image perfectly. These three albums also featured chapters 9 through 16 of "the chapters" song cycle (that was originally started with the band's debut album in 1978 and continued on the next three albums to then be laid to rest for nearly 20 years before it was resurrected on the Full Circle album). Like the previous House Of Cards, Marathon is a very typical Saga album. All of the band's trademarks are here: the distinctive vocals of Michael Sadler, the characteristic "pompous" guitar and keyboard sound, the usual clean production, the archetypal catchy melodies, the reoccuring cheesy lyrics, the habitual progressive touches, the aforementioned emblematic insect on the sleeve, further "chapters", and so on. Marathon is another good Saga album, but after House Of Cards it does sound like more of the same. It is not like they sound uninspired here, not at all. It is just that this album adds very little of value to what they already gave us on the previous album. These are both good albums, but this "marathon" of good albums was bound to start sounding formulaic and samey at some point. Thankfully, the band would continue to make good and even great albums until the present day.

Every Saga fan probably needed to hear the 16th and final chapter in the Saga that begun all the way back in 1978. Interestingly the final chapter is named after one of the band's most well-known classic albums - Worlds Apart. The song is a worthy album closer as well as a worthy closing song of the long song cycle, but like the album as a whole, it sounds a bit like more of the same. In 2005 a live album was released featuring all 16 chapters (old and new) in their numerical order.

Marathon is a good, but formulaic Saga album. Fans of albums like House Of Cards, Heads Or Tales and Worlds Apart will most certainly enjoy it (as I do), but I doubt that it will take anybody by storm. Still, this album is better than most things Saga did in the 80's and 90's.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#492761) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 30, 2011

Review by Gooner
4 stars I am of the opinion that Michael Sadler is one of the premier vocalists in progressive rock in the vein of Jon Anderson and John Wetton as much of an acquired taste is he. However, from 1993's "The Security Of illusion" all the way up to 2001's "House Of Cards", Michael Sadler developed an irritating vocal delivery that was drawn out and breathy which made it extremely difficult for this listener to get through those Saga albums from that time period. Call it the "Bono-syndrome" or whatever. Saga was slowly losing me as a fan and creeping me out at the same time.

Enter the album "Marathon" in 2003 and it's as though Sadler sowed his wild oats with that past experiment. Michael Sadler sounds assertive and in charge of the vocal duties here. Gone is the drawn out and irritating breathy vocals. His vocal style harkens back to "World's Apart/Heads Or Tales", although a tad more aggressive. Ian Crichton on guitar is at the top of his game and Steve Negus has never been more impressive on the drum kit. This is an album that is not quite immediate as others, but over repeated listens is quite rewarding. The big highlight is the 2nd track "How Are You?" and track #7 "Return To Forever" where Saga show off their chops(not unlike the jam in Humble Stance of yesteryears).

This whole "Marathon" album is solid and a great new chapter in Saga history. It would appeal to listeners curious of Progressive Metal without many of its cliches. A great hybrid of symphonic, eclectic/quirky melodies(slight Gentle Giant-isms) and hard progressive rock in a Steve Morse/Dream Theater style. Bands like Queensryche and Rush should take note of what Saga is doing here. Saga earns the title of progressive rock in the 2000s, whereas the 'ryche and Rush might make a modern prog.rock album if we quit calling them progressive rock.

Recommended for Saga fans that had lost touch with them around the "Behaviour/Wildest Dreams" albums. Keyboards-a-plenty too! No hits. Just SAGA!

Send comments to Gooner (BETA) | Report this review (#571854) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 20, 2011

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
3 stars There aren't too many prog bands from Canada, certainly not with the history behind them like Saga who released their debut album some twenty-five years ago. Three of the current line-up played on that album, with lead keyboard player Jim Gilmour joining in 1981. While it is his links in with guitarist Ian Crichton and bassist/keys Jim Crichton that provide the musical heart of the band it is also singer/keyboard player Michael Sadler that gives the band their most distinctive sound. There are not many rock bands that utilise as many keyboard players as these guys, but strangely the focus is on providing good strong rock with melodic hooks as opposed to an out and out keyboard blast.

They can probably also lay claim to producing the longest ever concept album, in that 'chapters' are still appearing as they did on the first album, although of course they are never in sequence. This album sees the appearance of chapters 14, 12 and 16. The opening title cut is a blast from start to finish, and it is only the tongue in cheek lyrics that let it down (pronouncing "Marathon" to rhyme with "Avalon"). They may drift a little on the slower numbers but on songs such as "Hands Up" it sounds as if the Eighties have never been away as they mix pomp and prog in a way that is undoubtedly their very own.

They may appeal to keyboard oriented for melodic rockers, or possibly too AOR for progheads but for those who can work their way past the labels and just enjoy the music there is plenty of strong stuff here to be heard.

Originally appeared in Feedback #73, Jun 03

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#978694) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 15, 2013

4 stars In my opinion this is still a very good album. Maybe I don't like so much the "new style" they're looking for, but I must admit they're still makin' good music. Let's see... 'Marathon', 'Breathing Lessons', 'Streets of Gold' and overall 'Return To Forever' and 'Worlds Apart' are beatuiful mast ... (read more)

Report this review (#17461) | Posted by porcupine_boy | Wednesday, December 22, 2004 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If you are a SAGA fan and don't have this one get it. It will grow on you. Also if you own all of their albums with songs that have the chapters (ex. "World's Apart Chapter16") you can make one hell of a greatest hits CD. Just put them on in order Chapter1, 2 etc. Have fun & enjoy SAGA always. ... (read more)

Report this review (#17455) | Posted by | Thursday, December 11, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SAGA "Marathon"