THE PLEASURE & THE PAIN

Saga The Pleasure & The Pain  album cover

Collectors/fans only

Buy SAGA Music
Studio Album, released in 1997

1. Heaven Can Wait (6:13)
2. How Do You Feel (4:05)
3. Welcome To The Zoo (4:28)
4. Where's My Money (5:17)
5. You're Not Alone '97 (4:17)
6. Tax Man (3:35)
7. You Were Made For Me (3:44)
8. Gonna Give It To Ya (3:56)
9. Fantastically Wrong (5:47)
10. Pleasure And The Pain (2:35)

Search SAGA The Pleasure & The Pain lyrics

- Michael Sadler / vocals
- Thomas Korge / vocals
- Glen Sobel / drums

CD Bonaire 16

SAGA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SAGA The Pleasure & The Pain Music

CollectionCollection
Imports 2013
Spin It Again - Live in MunichSpin It Again - Live in Munich
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2013
Roger - The Saga Continues; Vinyl Record LP WB 1984 Funk SOul R&B US $2.97 Buy It Now 1h 12m
The Dark Saga by Iced Earth (CD, Jul-1996, Century (Japan)) US $10.92 Buy It Now 1h 17m
JANOS STARKER / ABBA BOGIN - BRAHMS CELLO SONATA - SAGA, ENGLAND US $45.00 Buy It Now 1h 19m
ON THE LOOSE SAGA 45 US $1.99 [0 bids]
HERBERT VON KARAJAN -SIBELIUS: FINLANDIA. EN SAGA. TAPIOLA ETC.-JAPAN CD C68 US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
CITY OF PRAGUE PHILHARMONIC...-Music From The Twilight Saga CD NEW US $15.78 Buy It Now 3h 17m
The Saga Continues [PA] by Diddy (CD, May-2005, Bad Boy Entertainment) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Janos Starker, Bogin: Brahms: Cello sonatas no. 1, 2. 1964 UK Saga XID 5164 ed1 US $9.99 [0 bids]
SAGA - "What Do I Know?" 1985 1st US 12" SINGLE - PROMO ONLY ( 3 Versions) RARE! US $19.88 Buy It Now 5h 13m
SAGA - "Only Time Will Tell" 1987 1st US 12" PROMO ONLY w/PHOTO US $23.88 Buy It Now 5h 13m
Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner Vol. 1 by OriginJapan(Promo)CD W/OBI like New US $10.39 Buy It Now 6h 15m
AAA-ST 4012 LAWRENCE LEONARD tchaikovsky ballet suite LP PS EX/VG saga gatefold US $13.49 Buy It Now 6h 31m
ERIC JOHNSON ivor novello glamorous nights SOC 965 uk saga LP PS EX/EX US $15.18 Buy It Now 6h 33m
P. Diddy & The Bad Boy Family - THE SAGA CONTINUES - Japan CD - Puff Daddy US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 43m
GEORGE LEWIS-Live Concert-Jazz Clarinet-SAGA 6921-Traditional Jazz LP US $12.94 Buy It Now 8h 26m
PROMO WHITE LABEL ROGER JAPAN OBI THE SAGA CONTINUES... US $49.99 Buy It Now 8h 29m
Sibelius,J. - Complete Tone Poems-En Saga [CD New] US $14.27 Buy It Now 8h 34m
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 Soundtrack - CD US $23.23 Buy It Now 8h 35m
ROGER-SAGA CONTINUES-JAPAN ONLY CD ttt US $37.99 Buy It Now 8h 42m
Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 4 Gewandhaus Orchestra Hermann Abendroth Saga UK US $22.00 [0 bids]
BURWELL, CARTER - MUSIC FROM THE TWILIGHT SAGA - NEW CD US $10.65 Buy It Now 9h 9m
The Saga Continues [PA] by Diddy (CD, May-2005, Bad Boy Entertainment) US $0.99 Buy It Now 9h 16m
Ireland A'GoGo The Sounds Of John Leslie, fid 2127,1968,Saga LP 12" US $11.80 Buy It Now 9h 19m
MAGNAT Saga / Continues 12" Vinyl 2000 Qube Funf D LOW US $11.99 Buy It Now 9h 31m
ALBERT AYLER La Saga Hero´que ORIGINAL 1970 FRENCH DOUBLE LP Free Jazz US $24.99 [0 bids]
* ROOTS * THE SAGA OF AN AMERICAN FAMILY * QUINCY JONES * SEALED!!! * US $9.00 Buy It Now 9h 45m
CD All Sounds of SaGa 1 2 3 (I II III) ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM GAME BOY MUSIC US $26.24 [0 bids]
CD Romancing SaGa 1 (I) - Original Soundtrack Version SUPER FAMICOM MUSIC ALBUM US $21.47 [0 bids]
CD SaGa Frontier 1 (I) - Original Soundtrack Album LIMITED FIRST PRINT EDITION US $33.39 [0 bids]
CD Romancing SaGa 1 (I) - Original Soundtrack Version SUPER FAMICOM MUSIC ALBUM US $18.29 [0 bids]
CD All Sounds of SaGa 1 2 3 (I II III) ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM GAME BOY MUSIC US $22.26 [0 bids]
(Vinyl LP)Hair-UK-EROS 8116-SAGA-Ex/NM US $18.99 Buy It Now 10h 10m
Aceyalone(12" Vinyl)Lost Your Mind/The Saga Continues-Project Blowed, Decon-PB 0 US $12.99 Buy It Now 10h 11m
OST - Twiligt Saga: Eclipse - 7567894793 US $20.04 Buy It Now 10h 14m
SAGA : XID 5240 : French Harp Music : Ravel - Debussy - Faure : Stereo : NM US $11.46 Buy It Now 10h 16m
Still(Vinyl LP)Symphony No 3 in C Major-SAGA-XID5256-NM/NM US $21.99 Buy It Now 10h 17m
Bach(Vinyl LP)Brandenburg Concertos No. 2 -SAGA-STFDY2026-Ex/NM US $21.99 Buy It Now 10h 17m
Bach(Vinyl LP)Brandenburg Concertos No. 1 -SAGA-STFUID2029-Ex/NM US $21.99 Buy It Now 10h 17m
Saga(Vinyl LP)Behaviour-Polydor-825 840-1-Germany-VG/Ex US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 22m
Colin Wilke, Shirley Hart & Katie Lucy(Vinyl LP)Songs Of Mother Ireland-Saga-SOC US $15.99 Buy It Now 10h 22m
The Countrymen(Vinyl LP)On Tour-Saga-STFID 2131-UK-VG/Ex US $13.99 Buy It Now 10h 22m
Royal Danish Orchestra(Vinyl LP)Concert Of Famous Overtures-Saga---Ex/NM US $23.99 Buy It Now 10h 22m
Various(Vinyl LP)Our Best Loved Hymns-Saga-SOC 1057-UK-VG-/VG US $20.99 Buy It Now 10h 22m
Elgar(Vinyl LP)Songs Of -Saga-XID 5304-UK-Ex/Ex US $21.99 Buy It Now 10h 22m
Stravinsky(Vinyl LP)Complete Piano Music-Saga-SAGA 5335-UK-VG/VG US $18.99 Buy It Now 10h 28m
97-Key Mortier Organ(Vinyl LP)The Mammoth Sound Of The-Saga-EROS 8065-UK-VG/VG US $18.99 Buy It Now 10h 28m
Handel(Vinyl LP)Water Music-Saga-STXID 5218-UK-Ex-/Ex US $20.99 Buy It Now 10h 28m
Bach (Vinyl LP)Das Wohltemperirte Klavier Book I-Saga-SAGA 5132-UK-Ex/Ex US $20.99 Buy It Now 10h 28m
Haydn(Vinyl LP)The Seven Last Words Of Our Saviour On The Cross-Saga-XID 5245-UK US $20.99 Buy It Now 10h 28m
Mozart(Vinyl LP)Don Giovanni-Saga-STFID 2140-UK-VG+/Ex US $20.99 Buy It Now 10h 28m
Various(Vinyl LP)Masterpieces Of Music-Saga-FID 2070-UK-Ex/Ex US $20.99 Buy It Now 10h 28m
Orchestra Of The Vienna Volksoper(Vinyl LP)Dances Of Old Vienna-Saga-SAGA 5411-U US $18.99 Buy It Now 10h 28m
Liszt(Vinyl LP)Via Crucis-Saga-STXID 5079-UK-VG+/Ex US $20.99 Buy It Now 10h 28m
Verdi(Vinyl LP)La Traviata-Saga-SAGA 5175-UK-VG/Ex US $23.99 Buy It Now 10h 28m
Sibelius(Vinyl LP)Symphony No.3 & 7-Saga-STXID 5284-UK-VG/VG US $18.99 Buy It Now 10h 28m
Bach (Vinyl LP)Das Wohltemperirte Klavier Book II-Saga-SAGA 5134-UK-Ex/Ex US $20.99 Buy It Now 10h 28m
Various Choirs(Vinyl LP)Our Best Loved Hymns-Saga Records/SOC-SOC 1057-UK-VG+/VG US $18.99 Buy It Now 10h 28m
Pouishoff(Vinyl LP)Plays Chopin & Liszt-Saga-STXID 5013-UK-VG+/VG US $18.99 Buy It Now 10h 29m
The Choiristers & Soloists Of Salisbury Catherdal(Vinyl LP)Holy Holy Holy-Saga-X US $18.99 Buy It Now 10h 29m
Strauss(Vinyl LP)Dances Of Old Vienna-Saga-SAGA 5411-UK-Ex/NM US $20.99 Buy It Now 10h 37m
Strauss(Vinyl LP)Die Fledermaus-Saga-SAGA 5363-UK-Ex/NM US $20.99 Buy It Now 10h 37m
Eric Coates(Vinyl LP)Music Of-Saga-XID 5000-UK-Ex/Ex US $17.99 Buy It Now 10h 37m
Suppe(Vinyl LP)Beautiful Garden-Saga-SAGA 5418-UK-Ex-/NM US $20.99 Buy It Now 10h 37m
The Saga Continues [PA] by Diddy (CD, May-2005, Bad Boy Entertainment) US $4.00 [0 bids]
D-VAMPIRE SAGA-JAPAN CD DVD I50 US $42.50 Buy It Now 11h 34m
THE TWILIGHT SAGA: New Moon Soundtrack CD (2009 Mint) Bon Iver & St Vincent/Muse US $9.89 Buy It Now 11h 40m
Sibelius: Symphony no 5, En saga / Vladimir Ashkenazy (CD, London/Decca) US $0.01 [0 bids]
SAGA 6908 CHARLIE PARKER BE BOP JOE HARRIS MILES DAVIS MAX ROACH US $19.99 [0 bids]
DECCA LXT 2776 GOLD *VAN BEINUM* SIBELIUS EN SAGA TAPIOLA *1A/1A* US $36.42 Buy It Now 12h 5m
Sibelius(Vinyl LP)En Saga-HMV-ESD 7159-UK-Ex/NM US $18.99 Buy It Now 12h 11m
Grieg(Vinyl LP)Piano Concerto -Saga--UK-VG/VG+ US $11.99 Buy It Now 12h 11m
Jill Gomez(Vinyl LP)A Recital Of French Songs-Saga--Germany-Ex/Ex US $13.99 Buy It Now 12h 11m
Trauerklosse(Vinyl LP)Durfen Auch Mitsingen-Saga--Germany-VG/NM US $15.99 Buy It Now 12h 11m
SaGa - madoka - Japan CD+DVD NEW Initial D Fourth Stage US $13.99 Buy It Now 12h 13m
KISS SAGA - Kiss Saga - 12" US $14.50 Buy It Now 12h 39m
The Best Of Joan Baez, Saga Eros, EROS 8075, Saga LP 12" US $11.80 Buy It Now 13h 14m
NEW - Contact: Live In Munich (2CD) by Saga US $7.00 Buy It Now 13h 23m
Nina Simone Saga of the Good Life and Hard Times (CD 1997, RCA) HTF ReMasteredd US $9.99 [0 bids]
Lindo Ferretti,Giovanni - Saga Il Canto Dei Canti [CD New] US $22.99 Buy It Now 13h 39m
JIMI HENDRIX - AT HIS BEST (vol. 1) (LP) 1972 EX SAGA US $16.99 [0 bids]
KISS THE EVOLUTION OF THE SAGA CONTINUES LP LIMITED DEMOS US $39.99 [0 bids]
CARTER BURWELL - THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DA - 7567882483 US $20.92 Buy It Now 14h 11m
The Very Best of Saga [Phantom] by Saga (CD, Jul-2003, Polydor) US $5.25 Buy It Now 14h 15m
RHAPSODY - TALES FROM EMERALD SWORD SAGA - BONUS TRACK (IMPORT) NEW CD US $51.20 Buy It Now 14h 16m
ROGER LP-THE SAGA CONTINUES.../WARNER BROS. REC 1984 W1-23975 IN SHRINKWRAP VG++ US $7.98 Buy It Now 14h 31m
Saga - Very Best Of Saga [CD New] US $8.22 Buy It Now 14h 36m
Janet Baker SCHUMANN Frauenliebe und Leben SCHUBERT/BRAHMS - Saga 5277 SEALED US $15.00 Buy It Now 14h 55m
EX-/EX + Insert !! Katch 22/It's Soft Rock & All Sorts/1968 Saga Stereo LP US $55.71 Buy It Now 15h 43m
SAGA - SPIN IT AGAIN-LIVE IN MUNICH (UK) NEW CD US $36.71 Buy It Now 15h 46m
SAGA WORLDS APART IMPORT LP FREE COMBINED U.S. SHIPPING US $2.99 [0 bids]
PAUL PROCOPOLIS Bach Preludes & Fugues SAGA STEREO ENGLAND 1964 US $9.99 [0 bids]
MALCOLM SARGENT Sibelius En Saga, Swan of Tuonela HMV STEREO ASD 541 US $14.99 [0 bids]
Quincy Jones Roots The Saga of An American Family Soundtrack Plus Poster Wolper US $1.99 [0 bids]
Rob Gordon: I Love Scotland LP VG++ UK Saga EROS 8059 US $24.99 Buy It Now 16h 27m
SAGA - VERY BEST OF NEW CD US $21.48 Buy It Now 16h 30m
MORATTI - DESOLATION (SAGA) (LONG ISLAND RECORDS) US $5.50 [0 bids]
SAGA heads or tales 1983 UK PORTRAIT LP + INNER US $20.26 Buy It Now 17h 27m
Saga - Worlds Apart - LP Record NM NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 17h 42m
ALEX CAMPBELL live 1968 UK SAGA EROS STEREO LP US $16.88 Buy It Now 17h 43m
SAGA STEREO STXID 5203 UK THE FINE ARTS QUARTET BARTOK STRING QUARTETS QUARTUORS US $12.99 Buy It Now 18h 36m

More places to buy SAGA music online Buy SAGA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SAGA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SAGA The Pleasure & The Pain ratings distribution

SAGA The Pleasure & The Pain reviews

Review by Marc Baum
1 stars This is all in all more pain than pleasure for old Saga fans. They experimate with cheap techno/keyboard sounds . Some songs are not bad, like "Heaven Can Wait" or You're not Alone", but that's too less for a band who made a symphonic prog/rock classic like "Silent Knight" or a album with a lot of evergreens, for example "Worlds Apart"!

Send comments to Marc Baum (BETA) | Report this review (#17481) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Review by progrules
3 stars Well, this must be one of the must controversial albums of all on progarchives ! What enormous contrast between the likers and the haters here. Count me in for the likers although this isn't really a great album.

But I do think this is an original issue by Saga, almost funny even which is apparent in tracks such as Where's the money, Tax man and Fantastically wrong. Where is the money is actually meant as a sort of joke. For those who know Saga's early work: On their debut there was a track called Give 'em the money and with Where is the money they probably lost the money and wondered what happened with it. I think it shows they have sense of humour and there are more tracks that refer to past tracks such as the re- issue of You're not alone.

No really, I can't hate this album even if I wanted that but I won't get carried away by it either. This is just nice stuff, no more. So 3 stars is what I give it.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#153197) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 30, 2007

Review by debrewguy
3 stars Picked up the CD used at Spin-It out of curiosity from the interesting reviews already posted. Even gave it a listen at the store just to make sure there was something there that I'd like. So here goes my impression.

First, Ian Crichton's guitar is out in the open on a lot of tracks. Not just solos, but riffs and as the main instrument carrying the songs. This is a pattern on most Saga albums since the late 80s. Some are balanced between the keyboards and guitar (usually the best ones) , and some tilt towards one or the other.

However, as with many releases in their history, the Pleasure & the Pain lacks in consistency. If you prefer getting your music via MP3 services like ITunes or Amazon, then this album does have some mighty fine songs.

And here they are (mine at least, and all comparisons for description purposes only, no outright copying or mimicking implied) - "How Do You Feel" comes across as Pendragon having Alex Lifeson as a guest on Pure. Heavy Neo. Neo Heavy Prog. Great song.

" Where's My Money" ... yes, it may be a joke song. Yes, apart from the heavy metal guitar that barges in regularly, the bass & drum parts here could easily fit the song into a techno dance club playlist. The synth line is reminiscent of On The Loose. BUT ... somehow Saga makes this one work for me. Who says loud guitars don't make everything better

"You Were Made Me For Me" is another hard rocker. Micheal Sadler singing is given sound treatment to recall some or Roger Waters' vocals. But the song itself is almost "aerosmith-esque" in the riff department. Not quite as sexed up. But then prog rockers aren't known for rocking the house. This one does. Kudos to Ian Crichton once more.

"Gonna Give It To Ya" brings back the dance club drum parts, but the rest of the song, brings to mind a combination of classic period ELO instrumentation (Eldorado, Third Day) and Styx hard rock & pop perfection (Cornerstone, Pieces of Eight). At first, I must admit that the disco rhythm was distracting. But as a whole, this tune carries me. It does make me wish that Negus had played drums , though.

"Fantastically Wrong". O.K., this says it all - Rush does their own "Subterranean Homesick Blues" . No really. And Saga pulls it off. 'Nuff said.

Then the album closer - "Pleasure and the Pain". This one is unlike just about everything I've heard from Saga. In a way, the song is one surprise after another. Sadler starts off with a few words from Sinatra's My Way - "We've lived a life that's full, We've traveled each and every highway, but more , much more than this, we did it ..." and then into this medieval acoustic guitar playing that completely took me in. I've read how Gentle Giant was one of their influences. But this song is the first time I've seen that acoustic side. The melody does recall Rush's Rivendell, from Fly By Night. But not quite. In a way, in stripping away the electric, they show the true prog side that too often many miss.

There are a number of decent tunes, a cut above filler, but that won't make my Saga compilation. Heaven Can Wait matches previous AOR leaning songs that this group has put out over the years. Welcome to the Zoo is a mocking commentary of some ill-behaviour that humans indulge in. You could call it a Hard Prog version of Devo's Planet Earth, but with a chorus melody that sounds as if it was taken from the Cars' Heartbeat City."

Now let's finish with the spoilers - I never liked "You're Not Alone", never saw why it kept a regular place in the group's concert setlist, and this '97 version does nothing to change that. Note to Saga - please never ever ever redo this song. or play it live again. Please. And never cover a song unless you either pay homage to it or make it your own. Saga makes SRV's version sound great. They make their own sound poorly thought out. And I say this as a fan of Ian Crichton's guitar playing, but they just don't pull this one off.

So, here's my score -3.5. Very consistent songwriting, marred by two songs that don't even qualify as filler. 2 that, if I was playing the LP, I wouldn't be bothered to get up and move the needle. And 6 that I've saved to my PC's hard drive as I build up enough songs for a CD compilation from Saga albums.

I'd round up. But the rehash of a non-classic of theirs, and a mashmess of a classic from the classic group make it a cop-out. If you can get it cheap , do so.

Send comments to debrewguy (BETA) | Report this review (#222569) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 22, 2009

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars Fantastically wrong!

Saga's 90's output was severely uneven both in terms of quality and in terms of style. At the time of writing, the four studio albums the band released in the 90's include both two of the band's most highly rated albums and two of their lowest rated albums! While I have yet to hear 1994's Steel Umbrellas - if the average rating on this site is anything to go by - it seems to be an anomaly in between the solid The Security Of Illusion and the excellent Generation 13. The Pain & The Pleasure is again a much weaker album than its immediate predecessor and it seems that the band operated on the every-second-album-good, every- second-album-bad- principle throughout the 90's. As mentioned above, it was not only in terms of quality that the band's 90's output was something of a roller-coaster ride but also in terms of sound and style. While 1993's The Security Of illusion was a rather typical (but untypically strong!) Saga album and 1995's Generation 13 was a conceptual and very progressive effort, 1997's The Pain & The Pleasure is more of an Alternative Rock album! It is indeed hard to recognize Saga here; the clean production that has been a Saga trademark since the band's very inception is abandoned here in favour of an altogether more contemporary (90's) production, the keyboards that always have dominated the Saga sound have been relegated to the background to the extent that they can hardly be heard at all and the guitars that are more prominent here than ever have been given a much more "dirty" sound than ever before (or since) or a Saga album. The highly progressive approach of the previous album is nowhere to be found on this album. Fellow Canadians Rush did something similar to their sound with their Counterparts album, but for Saga the change is more sudden and radical.

The album opens with its strongest track in Heaven Can Wait, one of the few memorable tracks on this album. The heavy and almost Grunge-like How Do You Feel and Welcome To The Zoo are also not bad, but after that the quality of the compositions seem to diminish very rapidly. The tedious Where's My Money stands out from the rest in being a Dance/Techno-like number whose only lyric "where's my money?" is being screamed by an angry crowd! What's next? Well, among other things, a cover of The Beatles' Taxman and a re-make of the band's own You're Not Alone (here called You're Not Alone '97), originally from the Images At Twilight album from 1980. This is just lame and neither improves upon or adds much of interest to the original versions. The inclusion of such tracks makes this album feel rushed. Gonna Give It To Ya is a more conventional Saga song (though a pretty awful one, I must say!) with a clear 80's flavour, and as such it sticks out like a sore thumb on this album. Fantastically Wrong is indeed a good example of what is wrong with this album and the very nice acoustic closing title-track simply arrives too late to save this album from utter mediocrity. It started out good enough and closes on a high note, but what is found in between is mostly filler.

The Pain & The Pleasure is a very disappointing follow-up to the brilliant Generation 13. Thankfully, the band would regain their senses and return to their roots with the next album, the appropriately titled Full Circle.

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#491460) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 28, 2011

5 stars The majority of Saga fans would probably agree this is one of the worst albums they has ever released. I always heard this album was rushed to meet contract obligations and based on the quality I would have to assume this was indeed a matter of fact. For me this is the 3rd worst Saga album, w ... (read more)

Report this review (#209792) | Posted by Walter Kovacs | Thursday, April 02, 2009 | Review Permanlink

1 stars The Members of Saga have a strange sense of humor: after producing one of their most original and creative album in Generation 13, the band then decided to celebrate its twentieth anniversary with the worst album of its career! With the "Pleasure & The Pain", they're trying to sound like an alternat ... (read more)

Report this review (#125583) | Posted by fusaka | Tuesday, June 12, 2007 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Pain but no pleasure, that's what I feel when listening to this very poor release. Now that the band has returned to what they are good for with Trust, I know that in the future they won't do something like this piece of crap again. The 90s were very hard times for Saga, at least until the final ... (read more)

Report this review (#105009) | Posted by fairyliar | Sunday, December 31, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Full credit for being a little diverse. And come on, any true Saga fan couldn't play some of the "twinky" songs off the first few albums without cringing a little - let's face it, World's Apart was the first album that really hung together. I could go into a monologue about how "4th" albums de ... (read more)

Report this review (#64272) | Posted by | Wednesday, January 11, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars There are two losers on the album (where's my money & gonna give it to ya) but how often does the "perfect" album come along ? Ian Crichton kills on this as does Glen Sobel never heard them better !! Just go get it any real SAGA fan would. This is a GREAT album. ... (read more)

Report this review (#45310) | Posted by | Friday, September 02, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Ignore the poor reviews!! People (even many prog fans) don't like something just because it's different. Yes, folks, this is a very different Saga album. On to the review . . . . I was listening to this album on the way to work this morning and words cannot express the amount of energy it ... (read more)

Report this review (#39232) | Posted by fractalman | Tuesday, July 12, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars I could not give 2 stars here.I am a major SAGA fan and although I did buy it,it is not good. It really hurts me to admit that ,as I love these guys but it is bad . Any other SAGA albums stand up better.Do not buy as a 1st as I think it will put you off. All bands should be allowed to experiment ... (read more)

Report this review (#17477) | Posted by adrian coleman | Friday, February 04, 2005 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Don┤t let the title fool you... this album should have been named "The Pain". Although I knew Saga were capable of producing less than enjoyable music, this is by far the worst they ever mananged to come up with. Before this one I thought "Steel Umbrellas" and "Wildest Dreams" were really bad, ... (read more)

Report this review (#17480) | Posted by | Tuesday, August 24, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SAGA "The Pleasure & The Pain "