THE BEGINNERS GUIDE TO THROWING SHAPES

Good, but non-essential

Buy SAGA Music
Studio Album, released in 1989

1. How Do I Look (4:33)
2. Starting All Over (4:01)
3. Shape (5:10)
4. Odd Man Out (4:54)
5. The Nineties (4:16)
6. Scarecrow (4:20)
7. As I Am (5:15)
8. Waiting In The Wings (4:55)
9. Giant (7:10)

Search SAGA The Beginners Guide To Throwing Shapes lyrics

Search SAGA The Beginners Guide To Throwing Shapes tabs

- Micahel Sadler / vocals, keyboards
- Jim Crichton / bass, keyboards, synthaxe
- Ian Crichton / guitar, synthaxe

CD 260 367-222 Bon Aire / CD BON 0009 Bon Aire / CD BMG 210 367 BMG

SAGA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SAGA The Beginners Guide To Throwing Shapes Music

Full CircleFull Circle
Steamhammer 1999
Wildest DreamsWildest Dreams
Polygram Int'l 1997
Defining Moments: Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 ]Defining Moments: Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 ]
True North Records 2000
CollectionCollection
Imports 2013
The Human ConditionThe Human Condition
Inside Out Music 2009
SAGA XID 5164 (NIXA PLP 593) *JANOS STARKER ABBA BOGIN* BRAHMS CELLO SONATAS US $14.16 Buy It Now 47m 29s
LEAVES EYES VINLAND SAGA + BONUS TRACKS SEALED CD NEW US $8.77 Buy It Now 57m 57s
Clipse - Re-Up Gang: The Saga Cobtinues [CD New] US $10.58 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Various Artists - Twilight Saga: Eclipse Original Motion Picture [CD New] US $11.60 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Various Artists - Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 [CD New] US $11.56 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Various Artists - Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Pt.2 [CD New] US $13.34 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Wintory, Austin-Banner Saga, The CD NEW US $16.26 Buy It Now 1h 7m
SAGA 5299 - BRAHMS - Variations & Fugue On A Theme By Handel - Ex Con LP Record US $15.18 Buy It Now 1h 10m
The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Pt 1 Original Soundtrack CD Sealed ! New ! 2011 US $12.50 Buy It Now 1h 23m
SAGA - SELF TITLED - ROCK LP - WEST GERMANY US $9.99 [0 bids]
SAGA - SILENT NIGHT - ROCK LP - WEST GERMANY IMPORT US $9.99 [0 bids]
SAGA - WORLDS APART - ROCK LP - WEST GERMANY IMPORT US $9.99 [0 bids]
SAGA LP RECORD, WORLDS APART US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Four Great Sopranos Farrar, Destinn, Litvinne, Barrientos New Sealed Saga Rec. US $9.95 [0 bids]
Eileen Joyce Plays Best Loved Piano Gems..1961 Made in England Saga Records VG++ US $7.99 [0 bids]
SAGA "ON THE LOOSE" 1983 RARE SINGLE SIDED PORTRAIT RECORDS VG++ US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 29m
THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON - SOUNDTRACK - VARIOUS ARTISTS -CD US $1.49 [0 bids]
A VERY GOOD VIVALDI THE FOUR SEASONS 12" SAGA FIDELITY VINYL ALBUM (1967) US $1.67 [0 bids]
BRUNO MARS IT WILL RAIN RARE 1 TRK DJ CD [THE TWILIGHT SAGA BREAKING DAWN PT 1] US $8.42 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Hear MODERN COSMIC Jons Leifs SAGA SYMPHONY ITM ICELAND MUSIC CENTRE 76 ORIG LP US $24.99 [0 bids]
SAGA WIND HIM UP-AMNESIA 45 VG+ ROCK PORTRAIT RECORDS US $1.39 [0 bids]
GIOVANNI LINDO FERRETTI - SAGA IL CANTO DEI CANTI (IMPORT) NEW CD US $27.57 Buy It Now 3h 25m
CLIPSE - RE-UP GANG THE SAGA CONTINUES NEW CD US $18.43 Buy It Now 3h 35m
SAGA Images At Twilight ** orig. Canada 1979 in shrink w/ custom inner sleeve US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 50m
SAGA WHAT DO I KNOW PROMO 45 & PS FREE COMBINED U.S. SHIP US $2.99 Buy It Now 3h 53m
Various Artists - Twilight Saga: New Moon [CD New] US $16.99 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Poeta Magica - Saga [CD New] US $15.16 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Saga- Sagacity [LP] 180gram import Vinyl / 2014/ US SELLER/ SEALED US $40.00 Buy It Now 4h 10m
CARL NIELSEN - NIELSEN: ALADDIN SUITE; PAN AND SYRINX; SAGA DEAM; - NEW CD US $7.85 Buy It Now 4h 23m
GERRY LOCKRAN+REDD SULLIVAN"BLUES AT SUNRISE".1969SAGA+ALEXIS KORNER SLEEVE NOTE US $8.44 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Handel: Sonatas & Telemann: Trio Sonatas/Mannheim Chamber/UK Saga Stereo VG+ US $17.00 Buy It Now 4h 44m
SAGA - WORLDS APART - 1981 Canadian VINYL Lp. w/ Lyric sleeve / PROG. ROCK US $5.39 Buy It Now 4h 54m
Saga - Vol. 1-Defining Moments [CD New] US $26.99 Buy It Now 4h 58m
SAGA ON THE LOOSE FRAMED NEAR MINT ORIGINAL SINGLE FROM 1981 FROM SAGA US $1.69 Buy It Now 5h 2m
POPPA DOO - Da Saga Continues - rap hip hop CD US $3.00 Buy It Now 5h 3m
BIG MAYBELLE-SAGA OF THE GOOD LIFE & HARD TIMES CD NEW US $17.90 Buy It Now 5h 18m
SYMPHONY IN ACRIMONY-SOUL CELESTIAL SAGA SLIPCASE EDITION US $2.99 [0 bids]
THE BLACKBIRDS ~ NO DESTINATION ** 1968 UK 1st SAGA LP US $8.61 [6 bids]
1968 JAZZ Down Home With Eric Delaney SAGA EROS LABEL U.K. PRESSING % US $4.99 [0 bids]
Roots The Saga of An American Family SP - 4626 / LP / Stereo US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 17m
RALPH LUNDSTEN Summer Saga Pop Age EMI Angel S-38108 SEALED PROMO LP US $9.97 Buy It Now 6h 22m
SAGA heads or tails LP VG+ FR 38999 Vinyl 1983 Record US $9.60 Buy It Now 6h 45m
MINT SEALED !! And the Saga Begins by The Righteous (CD, Jul-2000 TKO Records) US $0.99 Buy It Now 7h 24m
The Saga Continues... by The Boys (U.S. R&B) (CD, Apr-1992, Motown (Record La... US $3.98 Buy It Now 7h 42m
The Saga Continues, P Diddy, Good Explicit Lyrics US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 3m
Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture Serenade For Strings - 1962 Saga STFID 2040 Vinyl US $16.88 Buy It Now 8h 17m
LOVERS ROCK ACOUSTIC VIBES 45 LOVE SAGA MARK WONDER rent a tile ? US $5.00 Buy It Now 8h 37m
LIKE NEW CASSETTE TAPE SAGA WILDEST DREAMS US $3.99 Buy It Now 8h 49m
SAGA STEREO 5168 *GALIMIR TRIO* PLAY *SCHUBERT TRIOS NOS.1 & 2 *NM US $5.05 Buy It Now 8h 53m
The Saga Continues [PA] by Diddy (CD, May-2005, Bad Boy US $1.99 Buy It Now 9h 3m
P Diddy, P Diddy & Bad Boy Family: Saga Continues Audio CD US $5.79 Buy It Now 9h 6m
John Bassette Saga of Emerald City In Shrink Novelty OH Private Folk Blues LP US $11.99 Buy It Now 9h 14m
SAGA-VERY BEST OF CD NEW US $17.32 Buy It Now 9h 29m
The Saga Continues [PA] by Diddy (CD, May-2005, Bad Boy Entertainment) US $1.50 Buy It Now 10h 11m
P. DIDDY & THE BAD BOY FAMILY - THE SAGA CONTINOUS (PHILIPPINES) BRAND NEW US $10.00 [0 bids]
Roger - The Saga Continues; Vinyl Record LP WB 1984 Funk SOul R&B US $2.97 Buy It Now 11h 34m
The Dark Saga by Iced Earth (CD, Jul-1996, Century (Japan)) US $10.91 Buy It Now 11h 38m
JANOS STARKER / ABBA BOGIN - BRAHMS CELLO SONATA - SAGA, ENGLAND US $45.00 Buy It Now 11h 41m
ON THE LOOSE SAGA 45 US $1.99 [0 bids]
HERBERT VON KARAJAN -SIBELIUS: FINLANDIA. EN SAGA. TAPIOLA ETC.-JAPAN CD C68 US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 28m
CITY OF PRAGUE PHILHARMONIC...-Music From The Twilight Saga CD NEW US $16.67 Buy It Now 13h 38m
The Saga Continues [PA] by Diddy (CD, May-2005, Bad Boy Entertainment) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Janos Starker, Bogin: Brahms: Cello sonatas no. 1, 2. 1964 UK Saga XID 5164 ed1 US $9.99 [0 bids]
SAGA - "What Do I Know?" 1985 1st US 12" SINGLE - PROMO ONLY ( 3 Versions) RARE! US $19.88 Buy It Now 15h 34m
SAGA - "Only Time Will Tell" 1987 1st US 12" PROMO ONLY w/PHOTO US $23.88 Buy It Now 15h 34m
Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner Vol. 1 by OriginJapan(Promo)CD W/OBI like New US $10.39 Buy It Now 16h 37m
AAA-ST 4012 LAWRENCE LEONARD tchaikovsky ballet suite LP PS EX/VG saga gatefold US $13.49 Buy It Now 16h 53m
ERIC JOHNSON ivor novello glamorous nights SOC 965 uk saga LP PS EX/EX US $15.18 Buy It Now 16h 54m
P. Diddy & The Bad Boy Family - THE SAGA CONTINUES - Japan CD - Puff Daddy US $14.99 Buy It Now 17h 4m
GEORGE LEWIS-Live Concert-Jazz Clarinet-SAGA 6921-Traditional Jazz LP US $12.94 Buy It Now 18h 47m
PROMO WHITE LABEL ROGER JAPAN OBI THE SAGA CONTINUES... US $49.99 Buy It Now 18h 50m
Sibelius,J. - Complete Tone Poems-En Saga [CD New] US $14.27 Buy It Now 18h 55m
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 Soundtrack - CD US $23.23 Buy It Now 18h 56m
ROGER-SAGA CONTINUES-JAPAN ONLY CD ttt US $37.99 Buy It Now 19h 4m
Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 4 Gewandhaus Orchestra Hermann Abendroth Saga UK US $22.00 [0 bids]
BURWELL, CARTER - MUSIC FROM THE TWILIGHT SAGA - NEW CD US $12.23 Buy It Now 19h 30m
The Saga Continues [PA] by Diddy (CD, May-2005, Bad Boy Entertainment) US $0.99 Buy It Now 19h 37m
Ireland A'GoGo The Sounds Of John Leslie, fid 2127,1968,Saga LP 12" US $11.80 Buy It Now 19h 41m
MAGNAT Saga / Continues 12" Vinyl 2000 Qube Funf D LOW US $11.99 Buy It Now 19h 52m
ALBERT AYLER La Saga Hero´que ORIGINAL 1970 FRENCH DOUBLE LP Free Jazz US $24.99 [0 bids]
* ROOTS * THE SAGA OF AN AMERICAN FAMILY * QUINCY JONES * SEALED!!! * US $9.00 Buy It Now 20h 7m
CD All Sounds of SaGa 1 2 3 (I II III) ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM GAME BOY MUSIC US $26.24 [0 bids]
CD Romancing SaGa 1 (I) - Original Soundtrack Version SUPER FAMICOM MUSIC ALBUM US $21.47 [0 bids]
CD SaGa Frontier 1 (I) - Original Soundtrack Album LIMITED FIRST PRINT EDITION US $33.39 [0 bids]
CD Romancing SaGa 1 (I) - Original Soundtrack Version SUPER FAMICOM MUSIC ALBU US $18.29 [0 bids]
CD All Sounds of SaGa 1 2 3 (I II III) ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM GAME BOY MUSIC US $22.26 [0 bids]
(Vinyl LP)Hair-UK-EROS 8116-SAGA-Ex/NM US $18.99 Buy It Now 20h 31m
Aceyalone(12" Vinyl)Lost Your Mind/The Saga Continues-Project Blowed, Decon-PB 0 US $12.99 Buy It Now 20h 33m
OST - Twiligt Saga: Eclipse - 7567894793 US $20.04 Buy It Now 20h 36m
SAGA : XID 5240 : French Harp Music : Ravel - Debussy - Faure : Stereo : NM US $11.46 Buy It Now 20h 37m
Still(Vinyl LP)Symphony No 3 in C Major-SAGA-XID5256-NM/NM US $21.99 Buy It Now 20h 38m
Bach(Vinyl LP)Brandenburg Concertos No. 2 -SAGA-STFDY2026-Ex/NM US $21.99 Buy It Now 20h 38m
Bach(Vinyl LP)Brandenburg Concertos No. 1 -SAGA-STFUID2029-Ex/NM US $21.99 Buy It Now 20h 38m
Saga(Vinyl LP)Behaviour-Polydor-825 840-1-Germany-VG/Ex US $14.99 Buy It Now 20h 43m
Colin Wilke, Shirley Hart & Katie Lucy(Vinyl LP)Songs Of Mother Ireland-Saga-SOC US $15.99 Buy It Now 20h 43m
The Countrymen(Vinyl LP)On Tour-Saga-STFID 2131-UK-VG/Ex US $13.99 Buy It Now 20h 43m
Royal Danish Orchestra(Vinyl LP)Concert Of Famous Overtures-Saga---Ex/NM US $23.99 Buy It Now 20h 43m
Various(Vinyl LP)Our Best Loved Hymns-Saga-SOC 1057-UK-VG-/VG US $20.99 Buy It Now 20h 43m
Elgar(Vinyl LP)Songs Of -Saga-XID 5304-UK-Ex/Ex US $21.99 Buy It Now 20h 43m
Stravinsky(Vinyl LP)Complete Piano Music-Saga-SAGA 5335-UK-VG/VG US $18.99 Buy It Now 20h 50m

More places to buy SAGA music online Buy SAGA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SAGA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SAGA The Beginners Guide To Throwing Shapes ratings distribution

SAGA The Beginners Guide To Throwing Shapes reviews

Review by Fishy
3 stars Three stars and a half, better album than many progfans would suggest. The beginners guide. was released after two disappointing albums. But this album shows a return to the sound the group is known for. For me, the best Saga albums are the first 5, but this one comes close. I still find myself playing the album every now and then. The album was issued in 1989, you can hear this by the use of many electronic percussion and sound effects. But once you get used to that, you really can enjoy one of Saga's finest albums. The beginners guide is a bit of a concept-album as the story in the lyrics is about a schizophrenic boy. The music is typical for Saga, only the massive keyboard-sounds of their first albums is missing. But the songs are great, maybe some tracks like "Starting all over again" tend too much to pop music but other tracks like "giant" are reminiscent to "Worlds apart". In 1989 Saga was only a trio : Michael Sadler and the two Crichton brothers. In the nineties Jim Gilmour and Steve Negus would return but this wouldn't mean, the quality of the music would always be better than on this album

Send comments to Fishy (BETA) | Report this review (#17620) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 20, 2004

Review by Gatot
3 stars I'm not a great fan of SAGA but I like their music as well. My collection of their albums is not complete because of two reasons. First, even though I like the music as it has its own musical identity, it's not the band where I am a die hard fan. Second, most of the CDs of SAGA albums are very expensive. Usually I purchase only the CD on secondary market because it's not worth it for me to buy the expensive item for band that I do not a great fan of it. This "The Beginners Guide To Throwing Shapes" CD I purchased from a secondary market with only USD 6 and I think this album is not bad at all. In fact it demonstrates SAGA's consistency in the kind (and characteristic) of music they play.

The key colors of this album (like any of Saga album) is the beautiful combination of unique Ian Crichton guitar riffs and unique keyboard style of Jim Crichton. This combination builds the strong foundation of SAGA music. The opening track "How Do I Look" (4:33) proves how this combination work in intertwining fashion. Ian brings his riffs, rhythm section followed with solo, augmented nicely with Jim's beautiful keyboard. It does continue with the following tracks "Starting All Over" (4:01), "Shape" (5:10) and even "Odd Man Out" (4:54). One of my favorite track from this album is "Scarecrow" (4:20). This song has a very beautiful opening guitar riffs followed with nice rhythm section when vocal enters the music. Well, I do really enjoy how the guitar is played during rhythm section. In fact, this is what makes this song is very powerful for me - the rhythm section by guitar! Keyboard augments the guitar very nicely. Melody-wise, this is also not bad at all. What then makes me more enjoyable is the interlude part where guitar switches its role as rhythm section into solo, augmented beautifully by keyboard. Yeah! The concluding track "Giant" (7:10) is also of interest to me especially with its varied styles and textures. The guitar sounds like mandolin at intro part.

Overall, this album has a good balance of combination in demonstrating keyboard and guitar in its unique way. It contains good songwriting and performance and it's consistent with SAGA music style and approach.

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#121061) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 07, 2007

Review by Gooner
3 stars The last great album with that Saga sound(and 1993's _Security Of Illusion_). Considering this followed the stinker _Wildest Dreams_, this album is a return to form and stands alongside other Saga greats like Heads Or Tales, Behaviour and Worlds Apart. What's most impressive on this is an aggressive Ian Crichton guitar sound. He does his usual arpeggio runs on the frets, but delivers a crunchier sound here...almost like an excited Steve Morse(Dixie Dregs). Production is really crisp comparable to the album Heads Or Tales. Highlights are Shape(excellent vocals), Waiting In The Wings(best Crichton guitar track in Saga history as far as I'm concerned)...and Giant - which is instrumentally similar to Power & The Glory-era Gentle Giant. The only throwaway track here is Nineties...but it's still not that bad a track. I've heard worse. I'd give this album a 3.5...but it gets a 4 on progarchives.com to up the rating. :-)

If you like the early Saga sound, do not overlook this album. It's worthy of any neo-proggers collection. Worthy of note - recommended to guitar players. Ian Crichton really shines here. If I could compare A Beginner's Guide To Throwing Shapes to another band's album known to other prog.rockers, let's just say this is Saga's Stationary Traveller(as per CAMEL).

Send comments to Gooner (BETA) | Report this review (#158354) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 11, 2008

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Still in bussines

Saga by the time they reached late '80's was no more that magic band from the late '70's or early 80's , albums like Images at twilight or Worlds apart are among the best they ever done with a great cominations between symphonic aproach and key orientated AOR. Well this album is good no doubt, but less intristing than the first 4-5 albums. Even here remaining only 3 musicians, Negus and Gilmour left the band in 1986, a transitional period for them anyway. The music here has Saga flavours and quite typical for the band with many electronic aproaches, but not bad, examples are : How Do I Look, As I Am and Starting All Over, the best pieces , the rest are also good. So a 3 star album for me, i like very much the Saga's music, that unique manner of interpretation, intristing textures and keyboard pop orentations. So if you like Asia or Styx this band is the right choice for you

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#182013) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 08, 2008

Review by progrules
3 stars I owe this album almost two decades now and has turned in one of those forgotten discs by now. I happened to discover it in the pile and it's time for the review now. When I bought and got to know it I didn't really know what to think of it. I didn't really like it I remember but it's predecessor was the mediocre, almost poor Wildest Dreams so it couldn't get much worse and that's how I looked at it. The original and much more symphonical Saga had gone for quite some time already (1983) and made way for a much more art rock like band. With this album it was becoming very obvious. The symphonical elements there were at least slightly to be found on Behaviour (1985) had disappeared completely and I can imagine that the majority of proggers don't even consider this true prog anymore. On the other hand, if that is a fact, what is it ? Because this is no pop music either so where do they fit ? Maybe at this point they were not to pigeonhole at all. Some years later they released Security of Illusion and Generation 13 and these 2 were much more prog again so that makes Saga a drifting ustable band in the period 1985- 1995. Last 13 years they got back to the style of this album again as if this was the omen of their final destination. Not that their last 6 or 7 albums are exactly like this one but the general style is somewhat the same in my believe. Short songs with only slight progressive elements, quite accessible.

I don't really want to go in to all the different songs in this case because besides the above stated there is not much to say about them. Back then I mainly liked Odd Man Out, Scarecrow and As I am but even these didn't really impress me. Still I think this album is more enjoyable than Wildest Dreams so I will give it 3 stars in the end but it's severely rounded up (2,6). Fortunately the next few years they delivered some nice ones again (SoI and Gen 13) which made me love Saga again. But this one almost ruined it.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#187683) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 02, 2008

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Starting all over

Saga released their self-titled debut album at a time when Prog Rock was already going out of fashion and over the course of the 80's the progressive elements were gradually abolished from the band's music culminating in poor albums like Behaviour and Wildest Dreams. On these two albums, the Saga of the 1978 debut could no longer be recognized at all. Along with these developments, the quality of the song writing also diminished significantly. With The Beginner's Guide To Throwing Shapes, however, Saga finally broke out of their downward spiral and started to make interesting and good music again.

Some key members had been lost, having reduced Saga to a trio around this time. They were still the very same trio on the present album, but they seem to be willing to expand and, dare I say, experiment with, the Saga sound. The vocals and the melodies are once again typical Saga. The use of the synthaxe brings Allan Holdsworth to mind occasionally! The drums have been wholly replaced here with electronic percussions, but it does not sound as bad as one could think. There is, on the other hand, more room for solos and instrumental breaks this time around. Overall, the sound is very electronic and slightly "robotic". Maybe even futuristic at times. The approach here is actually not that far removed from the one that fellow Canadians Rush followed in the mid to late 80's.

The songs are generally strong with only a couple of less good numbers in the middle of the album. The Nineties is the worst one, featuring some rather cheesy lyrics. How Do I Look?, Starting All Over, Shape, Waiting In The Wings, and Giant are great tracks. The latter is one of the more progressive Saga tracks, at least since the band's early days. It is almost as if they were finally allowed to release something that had been inside them for years and a newfound inspiration automatically came with it. With the next album, they would once again be a five piece and make an overall even stronger album. But this one is not bad at all.

Recommended!

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#491074) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 27, 2011

2 stars This is supposed to be the comeback album after the rather miserable Wildest Dream album. I have not really picked this album up before now after being rather wanting to buy this album for two decades or so. Now is the time. Saga is continuing down the 1980s path with a mix of English new roman ... (read more)

Report this review (#578943) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Wednesday, November 30, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars One of their best works in the eighties (or nineties for that matter), and their best work as a trio. A killer-sound, although sometimes a bit too electronic sounding, if you ask me. The drums are played here by Curt Cress, and that's the only weakpoint in the album. Especially Ian Crichton h ... (read more)

Report this review (#189063) | Posted by Kingsnake | Thursday, November 13, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Well first let me say I love a lot Saga but as they are not real prog I can't give them more than 3 stars (like most of the Asia albums). For prog AOR I would give this one 4 stars! The band is now composed of 3 guys, Sadler oviously, plus the Crichton bros. They are three but they do a great jo ... (read more)

Report this review (#41164) | Posted by | Monday, August 01, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SAGA "The Beginners Guide To Throwing Shapes"