LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$15.00 (used)
Light my fireLight my fire
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
Vinyl$199.90
LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7"
ELEKTRA-45615
Vinyl$199.90
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)

The Doors - Light My Fire, Russian pressing, NM, 1991 USD $24.68 Buy It Now
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.75 Buy It Now
The DOORS Light My Fire Russian LP USD $13.99 Buy It Now
The Door's light my fire 12 inch import Jim Morrison USD $15.99 [0 bids]
Doors, Light My Fire, Russian Edition 33 1/3 Rpm, By Melodia, Good Vinyl USD $15.30 Buy It Now 10m 5s
The Doors Light My Fire/Crystal Ship [Jim Morrison] 45 RPM Elektra Records VG USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 23m
The Best of the Doors - 2 CD Set - Light My Fire, Break On Through, L.A. Woman USD $3.99 Buy It Now 6h 10m
THE DOORS CD Jim Morrison Light My Fire Break on Through USD $4.00 Buy It Now 14h 7m
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 18h 3m
Wynton Kelly Trio 45 Light My Fire 1968 Soul-Jazz The Doors VG++ USD $25.00 Buy It Now 19h
THE DOORS: BEST OF Elektra 2CD set 19 trax inc.Light My Fire, Strange Days USD $9.08 Buy It Now 19h 43m
The Doors - Doors (1989) 1967 Break On Through Light My Fire USD $2.60 [0 bids]
RARE FRENCH EP THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE USD $49.99 Buy It Now 22h 3m
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 22h 40m
The Doors - Light My Fire 1991 RARE 4-trk CD SINGLE USD $6.48 [0 bids]
DOORS, LOT OF 6 - 7" RECORDS, INCL LOVE ME TWO TIMES, LIGHT MY FIRE USD $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Best of Doors, 2 CDs 1985, Light My Fire, Riders On The Storm, LA Woman, The End USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors - Light my fire (Mexico / Gamma) EP 45 7" rare picture sleeve PSYCH garage USD $19.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.75 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.75 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.75 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE RARE ORIGINAL DUCHESSE DEBUT CASSETTE USD $5.18 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $64.88 Buy It Now 1 day
JOSE FELICIANO - Portrait The Best Of LP Telstar 1985 DOORS COVER light my fire USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jose Feliciano - Feliciano! LP Light my Fire California Dreaming Beatles Doors USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $22.07 Buy It Now 2 days
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $7.36 Buy It Now 2 days
Doors - self titled debut "Light My Fire" "Break On Through" (CD) USD $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS 9 LP LOT w. LIGHT MY FIRE, STRANGE DAYS, CRITIQUE, WEIRD SCENES USD $46.00 [9 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $5.15 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $5.15 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.75 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors ?- Raiders On The Storm / Light My Fire 7/45 PORTUGAL 1972 EX USD $50.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE PROMOTIONAL POSTER LYRIC SHEET,LA WOMAN,WOODSTOCK,RIDERS USD $16.87 [0 bids]
SOUL MERCHANTS: Light My Fire / Same 45 (dj, Soul Jazz instrumental of the Door USD $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE TEMPLETON TWINS - Light My Fire / Spinning Wheel 7" DOORS COVER Vault Record USD $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SILVER BLUE Light My Fire 45 7" NM US DANCE COVER ON THE DOORS CLASSIC LISTEN USD $5.98 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $4.53 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $6.48 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $19.47 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS HIP POCKET RECORD W SLEEVE LIGHT MY FIRE/ BREAK ON THROUGH EXCELLENT USD $22.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Live Vol. 2 CD Very Rare Jim Morrison Touch Me Back Man Light My Fire USD $43.53 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS-BEST 1985 ELEKTRA 2CD BIG DOUBLE JEWEL CASE LIGHT MY FIRE L.A. WOMAN USD $3.25 Buy It Now 4 days
Doors Light My Fire / The Unknown Soldier UK 45 RARE PIRATE RADIO STOCK USD $6.48 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE ( EDIT ) / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE - 7" ELEKTRA PLAYS EX USD $5.83 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $6.82 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MUNTZ 4 Track Tape Cartridge THE DOORS Self Titled 1967 Debut "Light My Fire" USD $9.95 [0 bids]
The Doors - 'Light My Fire' 50th Anniversary Japanese Replica 7'' *28/07/2017* USD $31.16 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS 1ST ALBUM 2007 REMASTER LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $5.18 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire / Crystal Ship - 45 RPM Electra EK-45615 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS-SELF TITLED-DEBUT-1ST -TESTED 8 TRACK-LIGHT MY FIRE-THE END USD $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
1967 Trade Flyer INC' STRING BAND, DOORS Light My Fire USD $12.98 [0 bids]
The Doors "S/T" w/ Break On Through, Light My Fire, The End, Soul Kitchen USD $4.00 Buy It Now 6 days
2CD > DOORS / LIGHT MY FIRE < Free Shipping USD $20.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra Vinyl Record Rock 60s USD $8.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Best of The Doors & Classics Cassette Tapes Jim Morrison End Light My Fire USD $14.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship" 45 RPM Vinyl Elektra EK-45615 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Self-Titled CD NEW Remastered Light My Fire/Break On Through/The End+ USD $6.48 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Jim Morrison Light My Fire 45 Free U.S.Shipping but Ships Worldwide!! USD $9.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS 7" LIGHT MY FIRE-THE CRYSTAL SHIP argentina ID# 37009 ELEKTRA 60001 au USD $17.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS ep LIGHT MY FIRE + 3 mexico ID# 37014 PICTURE SLEEVE ELEKTRA 1486 EX+ USD $36.00 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS: Light My Fire + 3-Mexico 7" 1968 Elektra EPE- 1486 EP First Edition ASL USD $64.98 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS MEGA RARE ISRAELI 7" LIGHT MY FIRE ISRAEL ONLY EP-IE 1022 VG+ 4 TRACKS USD $300.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors - Light My Fire 7" single 1967 Elektra Psychedelic Rock 45 USD $7.45 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $7.49 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors m- pink label 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors vg+ hip pocket 3 1/2" Light My Fire / Break on Through USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
SOUNDTRACK-THE DOORS- MUSIC CASSETTE 1991 an Oliver Stone Film - light my fire USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $14.95 Buy It Now 8 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $90.91 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors ~ Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ~ 45 vinyl USD $15.00 Buy It Now 8 days
MAVI ISIKLAR Light My Fire Turkish garage beat 7" Obladi THE BEATLES Doors HEAR USD $116.91 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Elektra EKR125 Limited Edition UK 1991 USD $12.98 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE LP VINYL RARE MINT RUSSIAN PRESS COMPILATION, LP UNPLAYED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS people are strange / light my fire ELEKTRA ASYLUM COMPANY SLEEVE 45 USD $7.89 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $23.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $77.92 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 12 INCH 45 RPM EKR125 (T) RECORD USD $12.85 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE VINYL LP SINGLE NEW+ USD $22.27 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL USD $8.11 Buy It Now 9 days
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $5.13 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / Cassette Album Tape / UK 1991 Single / 4308 USD $9.08 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 9 days
2 45's 1 Price, Doors, Light My Fire EKS 45051 / Touch Me ESK 45052, Elektra USD $10.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS S/T LIGHT MY FIRE rare ISRAELI LP USD $60.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS~LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP 1967 ELEKTRA 2ND PRESS EK-4516 w/CO.SLV USD $3.50 Buy It Now 10 days
Elektra 45615 The Doors / "Light My Fire" / Rock & Roll / Psychedelic/ 45RPM USD $8.95 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS " Light My Fire Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $9.79 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 7" PIC. SL JUKEBOX ISSUE EXC USD $7.78 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 10 days
LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 45 RPM Vinyl Record THE DOORS Elektra Excel+ USD $5.79 Buy It Now 10 days
CHET ATKINS: Mrs. Robinson / Light My Fire THE DOORS RCA Promo 45 Hear USD $10.00 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE (VINYL SINGLE) New Preoder USD $15.99 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"