LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Light my fire by DoorsLight my fire by Doors
Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times by DoorsLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times by Doors
Wea/Elektra Entertainment
Wea/Elektra Entertainment

Doors ?- Light My Fire / ????? ?? ??? ????? LP USD $7.90 Buy It Now
Doors 45 Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times reissue w/ts USD $2.69 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light my Fire / People are Strange - Re-issue vinyl 45 USD $2.59 [0 bids]
Doors, Light My Fire, Russian Edition 33 1/3 Rpm, By Melodia, Good Vinyl USD $15.30 Buy It Now 11h 12m
DOORS VINYL 13 LP Vg+Vg+ hits 1970 ELEKTRA butterfly Early Copy LIGHT MY FIRE USD $20.99 Buy It Now 18h 37m
The Doors Greatest Hits 1980 in shrink Light My Fire Vinyl Record Ex+ USD $9.98 [0 bids]
The Doors - Debut Album 180g HQ LP NEW! SEALED! Light My Fire USD $24.88 Buy It Now 20h
The Doors 45 Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship ELEKTRA promo wlp USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
LIGHT MY FIRE 60's Sheet music VARIOUS ARTISTS, THE DOORS,BOOKER T... USD $10.37 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Wynton Kelly Trio 45 Light My Fire 1968 Soul-Jazz The Doors VG++ USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE M- $60.00 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 1 day
1967 DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" 45 rpm 7" USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors, 45 rpm, Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $7.50 [0 bids]
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $4.57 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times" Electra Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $6.86 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS, LOT OF 6 - 7" RECORDS, INCL LOVE ME TWO TIMES, LIGHT MY FIRE USD $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS 45 LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ON ELECTRA RECORDS USD $9.29 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Astor Label USD $19.07 Buy It Now 1 day
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Light My Fire The Doors~RARE 1988 USSR Import Comp~NM Vinyl~FAST SHIPPING!!! USD $17.95 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors/ Light My Fire b/w The Crystal Ship/ Elektra/ 1967/ Canada/ Psych USD $15.23 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - 1967 7" VG - 1000'S MORE 7"S IN MY SHOP COMBINE POSTAGE USD $10.37 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS DCC GOLD CD BRAND NEW SEALED JIM MORRISON 1967 PSYCH LIGHT MY FIRE USD $149.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU FRENCH 45 TEST PRESSING 7" USD $89.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of the Doors 2x CD Break On Through Light My Fire Strange Days VG USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS 13 LP * 1970 Elektra Records 'Butterfly Label' Light My Fire, Touch Me USD $22.95 Buy It Now 2 days
VELVET GUITARS BRASS PLAY FOR PLEASURE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 8 TRACK TAPE USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-4 TRACK CD-MADE IN GERMANY-1967/1991-JIM MORRISON USD $5.33 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Rare Israel Only 7" Light My Fire EP-IE 1022 VG/VG USD $250.00 Buy It Now 3 days
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $5.12 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors / Jim Morrison - Wall Art Poster - Light My Fire - 90's RARE 23 x 35 USD $10.36 [0 bids]
DOORS greatest HITS cd morrison HELLO I LOVE YOU the end LIGHT MY FIRE touch me USD $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Light My Fire -Rare Russian Press EX/EX Looks New! Jim Morrison Jimi USD $0.99 [0 bids]
NANCY HOLLOWAY LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS COVER) 7" VINYL *VERY RARE BULGARIAN EP* USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The DOORS Vinyl LP 13 (Incl Light My Fire, People Are Strange) USD $15.54 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS : LIGHT MY FIRE 7" Vinyl Single 45rpm Excellent USD $7.78 Buy It Now 4 days
THE TEMPLETON TWINS - Light My Fire / Spinning Wheel 7" DOORS COVER Vault Record USD $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS light my fire / people are strange ELKTRA GOLD STANDARD CANADA 45 USD $9.49 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors CD. Light My Fire [Single] (CD, Jun-1992, Elektra) RARE JIM MORISSON USD $11.42 Buy It Now 4 days
** THE DOORS ~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ CRYSTAL SHIP ~ 1967 ELEKTRA RADIO ~ VG+/EX- LP ** USD $8.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $6.80 Buy It Now 5 days
3 FOR 1 THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA 45615 1967 LIGHT FIRE GOLD LOVE HER USD $16.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors 13 EKS 74079 Stereo Record Album Lp Jim Morrison 1970 Light My Fire USD $4.95 [0 bids]
The Doors debut LP 1967 pressing Light My Fire Back Door Man USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $12.00 Buy It Now
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 12 inch single Ltd Edition NO POSTER USD $2.58 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Greatest Hits CD Hello I Love You, Light My Fire, Touch Me, LA Woman USD $2.49 [0 bids]
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS [USED CD] USD $13.42 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors - Light My Fire FREE Shipping ?60 26467 007 USD $23.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 1991 UK 3-track 12" Vinyl Single EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $19.43 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $25.92 Buy It Now 6 days
Light My Fire B/w The Crystal Ship, The Doors,Very Good, #### 45 RPM , 7" Vinyl, USD $19.11 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $64.74 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS CD Album THE DOORS Orig 11 trax Remastered 1999 Good LIGHT MY FIRE USD $3.24 Buy It Now 6 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors New CD USD $13.90 Buy It Now 6 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors (LIKE NW CD) LA Woman, The End USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $8.29 Buy It Now
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE USD $3.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - ELEKTRA, RARE 12" LIMITED EDITION USD $10.36 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $8.49 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors - Light My Fire UK 1991 Elektra 7" Single P/S USD $12.95 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS ep LIGHT MY FIRE + 3 mexico ID# 37014 PICTURE SLEEVE ELEKTRA 1486 EX+ USD $49.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS THE BEST OF RIDERS ON THE STORM/LIGHT MY FIRE/BACKDOOR MAN EX CD USD $9.72 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors Light My Fire LP Very Rare USSR (CCCP) Import C60 26467007 EX/EX USD $12.50 Buy It Now 8 days
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $4.76 Buy It Now 8 days
LIGHT MY FIRE - TRIBUTE TO THE DOORS CD NEW+ IAN GILLAN/ROBERT GORDON/+ USD $25.13 Buy It Now 8 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $90.71 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $14.95 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS: Light My Fire / Crystal Ship USA Elektra Psych Jim Morrison 45† USD $7.77 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors - THE DOORS 'Light My Fire', 1988 CD, DUCHESSE label. Excellent USD $3.76 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER USD $6.47 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD - 1970'S USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $77.75 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors , remastered cd album- debut 1968 release ft Light My Fire USD $8.38 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 12" VINYL EX Rare 1991 UK Original People Are Strange USD $16.84 Buy It Now 11 days
THE BEST OF THE DOORS-TESTED 8 TRACK-HELLO, I LOVE YOU-LIGHT MY FIRE-TOUCH ME USD $14.99 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 11 days
Vintage Doors*13*Elektra Records 1970 Light My Fire USD $19.95 Buy It Now 11 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors by Various Artists USD $20.96 Buy It Now 12 days
NEW CHARTBUSTERS - HAIR GALT MacDERMOT LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS - LP USD $22.73 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 12 days
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $30.46 Buy It Now 12 days
JOSE FELICIANO EP MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 * LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) * USD $14.99 Buy It Now 12 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $7.99 Buy It Now 12 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"