LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Audio CD$807.08 (used)
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
Vinyl$24.32 (used)
45vinylrecord Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship (745vinylrecord Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship (7"/45 rpm)
Vinyl$5.95 (used)
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE [edit] / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE VG - VG+ REPRESS USD $2.31 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire RARE PROMO LIMITED EDITION VINYL NEW!!! USD $16.99 Buy It Now 7h 53m
The Doors 45 record EUC juke box title slip Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times USD $3.50 [0 bids]
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 10h 15m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 18h 24m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 18h 24m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 18h 25m
Amii Stewart "Light My Fire" by The Doors...Disco Version & 137 Disco Heaven Mix USD $5.55 Buy It Now 18h 38m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 19h 2m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 19h 3m
THE DOORS HITS - LIGHT MY FIRE - LOVE HER MADLY - RIDERS ON THE STORM - TOUCH ME USD $17.99 Buy It Now 20h 9m
JOSE' FELICIANO "LIGHT MY FIRE" BY THE DOORS ORIGINAL 1967 SHEET MUSIC USD $11.71 [0 bids]
The Doors - Doors (1989) CD Break On Through Light My Fire Jim Morrison USD $4.60 [0 bids]
THE DOORS ISRAELI ONLY 7" EP HEBREW PS light my fire +3 MICRO PRESS ISRAEL psych USD $240.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors 45 LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ~ Elektra VG to VG+ rock USD $4.00 [0 bids]
WOODY HERMAN-HUSH & LIGHT MY FIRE Funk Jazz 45-CADET DJ #5634-DEEP PURPLE-DOORS USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS S/T REMASTERED ELEKTRA GERMAN CD 1989 JIM MORRISON LIGHT MY FIRE USD $6.13 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors , Light My Fire , 3 Cd Set Live , EEC Import USD $65.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors "Light my Fire" Single Vinyl "Crystal Ship" side B, Very Rare USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE M- $60.00 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 7" Record Store Day RSD 2010 Limited New ELEKTRA USD $17.50 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE RARE MEXICAN PRESS ENCIENDE MI FUEGO USD $0.99 [0 bids]
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS - NEW CD USD $11.57 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, M- PS insert, w/ company sle USD $60.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times" Electra Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $13.81 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS- Best of 2-CD (1985 Fatbox) Greatest Hits/Jim Morrison/Light My Fire USD $8.44 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU FRENCH 45 TEST PRESSING 7" USD $89.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Elektra 45 Record #45615 VG+ Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors 45 rpm Philippines 7" light my fire USD $45.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire VG(-) 45 RPM REISSUE USD $2.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE rare mexican single record USD $18.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-4 TRACK CD-MADE IN GERMANY-1967/1991-JIM MORRISON USD $7.44 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Light My Fire Russian LP 1990 USD $38.43 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - 7" VINYL - 1967 ORIGINAL ORANGE ELEKTRA LABEL USD $7.69 [0 bids]
RARE FRENCH EP THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE USD $49.99 [0 bids]
CD THE DOORS GREATEST HITS with LIGHT MY FIRE LIKE NEW CONDITION JIM MORRISON USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $6.99 Buy It Now
THE DOORS-Mint Vinyl Re-Issue 45-Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times USD $7.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors ?- Light My Fire 1st Press 1988 USSR LP Love Spirit Jim Morrison USD $28.95 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors 1st press Light my Fire electra 45615 USD $29.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire (mono & stereo) Rhino reissue promo 7" M- USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Doors-The Crystal Ship/Light My Fire-Elektra Records USD $2.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Teh Doors Light My Fire EK-45615 USD $7.00 [0 bids]
USD $12.00 Buy It Now
THE DOORS - Greatest Hits - 1980 CASSETTE VG++ CANADA (Light My Fire / LA Woman USD $4.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Doors - 45 - LIght My Fire & The Crystal Ship USD $2.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 7" NM US ELEKTRA ORIGINAL ROCK CLASSIC Listen USD $5.98 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light my fire/ Hello, I love you RARE french pressing USD $79.00 [0 bids]
DOORS (2 CD) IN CONCERT : LIVE ~ LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END + JIM MOR USD $19.56 Buy It Now 6 days
LIGHT MY FIRE 60's Sheet music VARIOUS ARTISTS, THE DOORS,BOOKER T... USD $15.37 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s1889 USD $55.00 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $26.12 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS (Jim Morrison) CD Classic 1967 Debut Light My Fire, Break On Through USD $2.49 [0 bids]
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, original PS insert, w/ compa USD $200.00 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $19.99 [0 bids]
DOORS: Hello, I Love You / Light My Fire 45 (Japan, PS 'backflaps' cover, Golde USD $40.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS light my fire JAPAN 3" inch CD Single MEGARARE! MINT 1991 USD $59.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" b/w "Crystal Ship" ELEKTRA 45 Red Black USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $30.74 Buy It Now 7 days
CD THE BEST OF THE DOORS **DOUBLE CD** **LIGHT MY FIRE** 31 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS- Light My Fire/People Are Strange-UK 7" Single -NM-1967- PSYCH CLASSIC USD $7.67 [1 bids]
Doors: Lot-4. 7" 45rpm. Light My Fire. Hello I Love You. And More. USD $2.69 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 2xCassette TAPES Classics / The Best Of The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE Jim USD $8.88 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors 1985 Elektra Canadian press LIGHT MY FIRE Jim Mo USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors 45 Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times Elektra Records #E-45051 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 Elektra EK-45615 1967 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL USD $9.98 Buy It Now 8 days
VALLI Light my fire Rare Ltd 7 80s Girl Pop Synth Doors Listen USD $4.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Door's - Light My Fire - Love Me Two Times - G - 45 RPM USD $2.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $299.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP SWEDEN 45 PS 7" USD $99.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE INC PEOPLE ARE STRANGE ELEKTRA 1991 USD $9.21 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors Light My Fire / The Unknown Soldier 7" Single Elektra USD $1.52 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 1988 RUSSIA USSR IMPORT PSYCH LP NM on MELODIA ~ Light My Fire USD $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS-Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship USA 7" EX Cond USD $18.43 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS Vinyl LP The Doors (incl Light My Fire (German Pressing) EX+ USD $27.65 Buy It Now 9 days
LIGHT MY FIRE CD - A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS (2014) - NEW UNOPENED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
RARE The DOORS Light My Fire elektra promo vinyl 7" USD $16.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Spun Gold 45 LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES USD $9.77 Buy It Now 9 days
OST ALTERED STATES 7" PS JAPAN THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE promo L381 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS Original Soundtrack Recording: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman++ USD $3.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS EP PS Light My Fire France VOGUE INT 180 45 + LANGUETTE (TAG) French RARE! USD $307.40 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS 7'' PS Light My Fire Holland VOGUE HV 2097 rare Dutch 45! USD $99.91 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS 7'' PS Light My Fire Italy NICE CONDITION Vedette VRN 34081 very rare 45! USD $146.02 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS : THE BEST OF THE DOORS 2 CD FAT BOX THE END LIGHT MY FIRE RIDERS USD $10.44 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS light my fire RARE CD LIVE 1968-1970 in LA,NY,Boston,Philadelphia... USD $32.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS--7'-45---(LIGHT MY FIRE)--VG++ USD $8.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $76.78 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $6.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS : THE BEST OF THE DOORS 2 CD FAT BOX THE END LIGHT MY FIRE RIDERS USD $13.55 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS- 1967 Self Titled Album Remastered CD (Light My Fire/Break on Through) USD $6.13 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire ELEKTRA 45 EK 45615 nice! USD $14.95 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors - Debut Album 180g HQ LP NEW! SEALED! Light My Fire USD $24.88 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS Classic Rock THE VERY BEST OF THE DOORS CD Light My Fire The End Madly USD $10.18 Buy It Now 11 days
Doors West Germany Target CD ST Self Titled The End Crystal Ship Light My Fire USD $24.99 Buy It Now 12 days
THE TEMPLETON TWINS - Light My Fire / Spinning Wheel 7" DOORS COVER Vault Record USD $8.99 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 12 days
LP l.a. woman (the workshop sessions)
THE DOORS
~ USD $26.81

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(40%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(20%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Send comments to NotAProghead (BETA) | Report this review (#594427) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 22, 2011

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"