LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$15.00 (used)
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
Vinyl$199.90
LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7"
ELEKTRA-45615
Vinyl$199.90
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)

THE DOORS New Sealed Ltd 2017 50th ANNIVERSARY LIGHT MY FIRE VINYL RECORD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
THE TEMPLETON TWINS - Light My Fire / Spinning Wheel 7" DOORS COVER Vault Record USD $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 16m
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $4.72 Buy It Now 5h 41m
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $6.75 Buy It Now 5h 41m
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $20.28 Buy It Now 5h 41m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 7" SINGLE.ORIGINAL 1967 US PROMO. USD $10.15 [7 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 on rare BLUE Elektra label USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7h 3m
DOORS - Light my fire unique cover Russia issue LP Melodiya USSR 1988 USD $19.92 Buy It Now 9h 42m
SILVER BLUE Light My Fire 45 7" NM US DANCE COVER ON THE DOORS CLASSIC LISTEN USD $5.98 Buy It Now 10h 17m
The Doors - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship (Elektra EK-45615) USD $12.95 [0 bids]
*STILL-SEALED* DOORS - Light My Fire b/w The Crystal Ship (2017 RI) 7in Single USD $3.00 [0 bids]
6H VG Rare Elektra label with Girl on label The Doors light my fire USD $2.29 [3 bids]
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $10.00 Buy It Now 15h 18m
The Doors Live Vol. 2 CD Very Rare Jim Morrison Touch Me Back Man Light My Fire USD $37.29 Buy It Now 18h 29m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.79 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.79 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $7.10 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $67.57 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors The-Light My Fire VINYL NEW USD $13.26 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $5.19 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $5.19 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors Self-Titled CD NEW Remastered Light My Fire/Break On Through/The End+ USD $6.75 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.79 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.79 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS ... "LIGHT MY FIRE" ... DIGITALLY REMASTERED ... CD USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS Light My Fire 45 45615 on RARE FIRST ELECTRA LABEL! USD $19.99 [0 bids]
The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE / CRYSTAL SHIP Japanese Artwork NEW VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Best of Quadra Disc Light my Fire 1973 LP Vinyl Record Ex+/N/M USD $8.88 [0 bids]
DOORS Light my Fire Gold 1st EKS 74007 1967 gold sleeve Vinyl Lp Record USD $31.18 Buy It Now 2 days
TWO RARE 45'S 1967-68 THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" "UNKNOWN SOLDIER" 7" RECORDS USD $60.96 [0 bids]
The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra Vinyl Record Rock 60s USD $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Rare Pop Rock 45 - The Templeton Twins - Light My Fire - Doors Cover USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE HELLO I LOVE YOU RARE ISRAELI 7" EP HEBREW ELECTRA ROCK USD $120.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship" 45 RPM Vinyl Elektra EK-45615 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 50TH ANNIVERSARY Pic Sleeve SEALED 2017 USD $16.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS: Light My Fire + 3-Mexico 7" 1968 Elektra EPE- 1486 EP First Edition ASL USD $64.98 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors- Light My Fire b/w The Crystal Ship [7''] (50th Anniversary, replica J USD $13.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS MEGA RARE ISRAELI 7" LIGHT MY FIRE ISRAEL ONLY EP-IE 1022 VG+ 4 TRACKS USD $300.00 Buy It Now 3 days
OTHE DOORS / Light My Fire & The Crystal Ship / Elektra 45 VG++ Monarch Press USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $7.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Doors m- pink label 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 3 days
Doors vg+ hip pocket 3 1/2" Light My Fire / Break on Through USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
JIM MORRISON & THE DOORS -LIGHT MY FIRE+CRYSTAL SHIP 45RPM (LOVE=FUNERAL PYRE) USD $15.01 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Best of the Doors [2000] inc Light My Fire, Riders on the Storm USD $5.41 Buy It Now 4 days
Doors ?- Light my fire ?LP USD $9.90 Buy It Now 4 days
The DOORS Light My Fire Russian LP USD $13.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS Light My Fire 7" VINYL European Elektra 2017 B/W The Crystal Ship, In USD $16.90 Buy It Now 4 days
The Door's light my fire 12 inch import Jim Morrison USD $15.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $9.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $94.69 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors "S/T" w/ Break On Through, Light My Fire, The End, Soul Kitchen USD $4.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors ~ Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ~ 45 vinyl USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS-DOORS-1988 CD/LIGHT MY FIRE/THE END/BREAK ON THROUGH/JIM MORRISON/60S USD $2.69 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire 7" single 1967 Elektra Psychedelic Rock 45 USD $3.00 [0 bids]
USD $5.00 Buy It Now
THE DOORS Light My Fire RARE 3LP RADIO SHOW Live Tracks+Interviews w/CUE SHEETS USD $239.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS 1988 CD ELEKTRA CRC CANADA LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $3.24 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS MOVIE SOUNDTRACK 1991 CD ELEKTRA CANADA LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH USD $3.24 Buy It Now 5 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $81.16 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS VINTAGE HIP POCKET 4" RECORDS 45 LIGHT MY FIRE/BREAK ON THROUGH SEALED USD $27.99 [0 bids]
DOORS Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 45 7" single 1968 Sweden USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE VINYL LP SINGLE NEW+ USD $22.27 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / Cassette Album Tape / UK 1991 Single / 4308 USD $9.46 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - 'Light My Fire' 50th Anniversary Japanese Replica 7'' *28/07/2017* USD $20.29 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire, Russian pressing, NM, 1991 USD $25.70 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS, The - Light My Fire (50th Anniversary) - Vinyl (limited 7") USD $15.19 Buy It Now 6 days
2 45's 1 Price, Doors, Light My Fire EKS 45051 / Touch Me ESK 45052, Elektra USD $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE/CRYSTAL SHIP Japanese Artwork NEW VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS S/T LIGHT MY FIRE rare ISRAELI LP USD $60.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS :LIGHT MY FIRE + 2 TRACKS 12" 1981 ELEKTRA EKT125 . VG/VG+EX USD $9.47 Buy It Now 6 days
Jim Morrison/The Doors/Light My Fire A3 size typography art print/poster USD $16.91 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors 13 12" 33 Vinyl LP Album Sleeve EKS-74079 Elektra Light My Fire Hello USD $9.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Light My Fire, Love Me Two Times Backtrax CD Single Elektra New USD $40.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Elektra EKR125 Limited Edition UK 1991 USD $10.81 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 7" SINGLE + T- SHIRT LimitedEdition USD $38.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 12 INCH 45 RPM EKR125 (T) RECORD USD $13.38 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS -light my fire/break on through LEBANESE PRESSING 7" single 45 rpm USD $99.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS~LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP 1967 ELEKTRA 2ND PRESS EK-4516 w/CO.SLV USD $2.94 Buy It Now 7 days
CHET ATKINS: Mrs. Robinson / Light My Fire THE DOORS RCA Promo 45 Hear USD $10.00 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE LP VINYL RARE MINT RUSSIAN PRESS COMPILATION, LP UNPLAYED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
SOUNDTRACK-THE DOORS- MUSIC CASSETTE 1991 an Oliver Stone Film - light my fire USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Vintage Doors*13*Elektra Records 1970 Light My Fire USD $19.95 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire (comp.) LP Russian press USD $8.98 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS ~ Light My Fire ~ rare Canadian garage/psych ~ ELEKTRA USD $30.18 Buy It Now 7 days
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $5.34 Buy It Now 7 days
NEW CHARTBUSTERS - HAIR GALT MacDERMOT LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS - LP USD $23.78 Buy It Now 7 days
JOSE FELICIANO EP MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 * LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) * USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record + juke box strip RARE! USD $18.34 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS people are strange / light my fire GOLD STANDARD 45 USD $7.89 Buy It Now 9 days
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Single Light My Fire The Doors Stll Sealed! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Best of The Doors & Classics Cassette Tapes Jim Morrison End Light My Fire USD $14.95 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"