LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light my fireLight my fire
Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
DOORS Light My Fire /Break On Through 45 RPM Flexi Disc Hip Pocket Record HP 9DOORS Light My Fire /Break On Through 45 RPM Flexi Disc Hip Pocket Record HP 9
byfrm_me
Vinyl$59.99
Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times by DoorsLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times by Doors
Wea/Elektra Entertainment
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
Vinyl$17.99 (used)

THe Doors light my fire - 45 Record Vinyl Album 7" USD $10.88 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Doors, Light My Fire, Russian Edition 33 1/3 Rpm, By Melodia, Good Vinyl USD $15.30 Buy It Now 3h 3m
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" SINGLE USD $1.60 [1 bids]
ORIG 1967 GOLD EKS ~THE DOORS ~ Dark Psych JIM MORRISON ~ THE END "Light My Fire USD $33.00 [9 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire, Russian pressing, NM, 1991 USD $25.55 Buy It Now 4h 59m
The Doors Light My Fire/Crystal Ship [Jim Morrison] 45 RPM Elektra Records VG USD $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 17m
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 57m
Wynton Kelly Trio 45 Light My Fire 1968 Soul-Jazz The Doors VG++ USD $25.00 Buy It Now 21h 55m
1967 DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" 45 rpm 7" USD $7.91 Buy It Now 22h 54m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.89 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors "Light My Fire" 24KT GOLD PLATED RECORD Framed Limited Edition Single USD $99.95 Buy It Now 1 day
CHAQUITO LP ORG 1st PRESS PHILIPS HOLLAND LIGHT MY FIRE COVER By THE DOORS LATIN USD $1.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.89 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Elektra Rec EK-45615 US 1967 VG++ B4 USD $6.49 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS CD Classic 1967 Debut Light My Fire, Soul Kitchen, Break On Through USD $2.49 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.89 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS, LOT OF 6 - 7" RECORDS, INCL LOVE ME TWO TIMES, LIGHT MY FIRE USD $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $24.52 [0 bids]
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.89 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.89 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.89 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS - Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times - CD ** Brand New ** USD $73.75 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS - Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times - CD ** Very Good condition ** USD $70.49 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE RARE ORIGINAL DUCHESSE DEBUT CASSETTE USD $5.10 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire: Mono USA 45 RPM 7" Single Vinyl Record Pink Label M- USD $50.00 Buy It Now 2 days
JOSE FELICIANO - Portrait The Best Of LP Telstar 1985 DOORS COVER light my fire USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Jose Feliciano - Feliciano! LP Light my Fire California Dreaming Beatles Doors USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS 1ST ALBUM 2007 REMASTER LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $5.10 [0 bids]
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $21.71 Buy It Now 2 days
SOUNDTRACK-THE DOORS- MUSIC CASSETTE 1991 an Oliver Stone Film - light my fire USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Jim Morrison 1991 single vintage ad Light My Fire. Primal Scream. USD $16.60 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.89 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.89 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS Light My Fire 1967 Debut LIGHT MY FIRE Crystal Ship 45 rpm Single w Sleeve USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.89 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.89 Buy It Now 2 days
The DOORS Light My Fire Russian LP USD $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SILVER BLUE Light My Fire 45 7" NM US DANCE COVER ON THE DOORS CLASSIC LISTEN USD $5.98 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS greatest HITS cd morrison HELLO I LOVE YOU the end LIGHT MY FIRE touch me USD $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Light My Fire 12 Inch Record Rare 1987 Jim Morrison USD $2.54 [0 bids]
EX THE DOORS 1967 debut Lp album w Light My Fire Jim Morrison 1970 press USD $24.95 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors First Pressing Light My Fire Elektra FLAPPER 1967 VG+ WOODY RARE USD $45.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE TEMPLETON TWINS - Light My Fire / Spinning Wheel 7" DOORS COVER Vault Record USD $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Best of The Doors & Classics Cassette Tapes Jim Morrison End Light My Fire USD $14.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $4.46 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $6.38 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $19.15 Buy It Now 4 days
The DOORS / Light My Fire - The Crystal Ship / Elektra 45rpm Vinyl USD $4.44 [0 bids]
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $6.71 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS Greatest Hits CD Hello I Love You, Light My Fire, Touch Me, Love Her Madly USD $2.49 [0 bids]
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship" 45 RPM Vinyl Elektra EK-45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Doors - Orig. 1967 Elektra Pressing - MINT - Light My Fire USD $28.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Doors_Light My Fire, incl. Special lLve CD USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Hip-Pocket Records "Light My Fire" MINT Sealed in Envelope USD $36.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 1991 UK 3-track 12" Vinyl Single EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $19.15 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $63.82 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS 7" LIGHT MY FIRE-THE CRYSTAL SHIP argentina ID# 37009 ELEKTRA 60001 au USD $20.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS ep LIGHT MY FIRE + 3 mexico ID# 37014 PICTURE SLEEVE ELEKTRA 1486 EX+ USD $39.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - THE DOORS 'Light My Fire', 1988 CD, DUCHESSE label. Excellent USD $3.45 [0 bids]
Vinyl record 45 The Doors Light My Fire & The Crystal USD $1.99 [0 bids]
The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra Vinyl Record Rock 60s USD $8.00 Buy It Now 6 days
AMII STEWART "LIGHT MY FIRE" 7" VINYL SINGLE RECORD 1979 THE DOORS FUNK SOUL POP USD $2.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Cd The Doors - Best Of Digitally Remaster Riders On The Storm Light My Fire MINT USD $2.25 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Hello RARE 7" PROMO Test Pressing ELEKTRA ARCHIVE 1973 USD $199.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light my fire/The crystal ship 7" Italian JB WL PRO 45 1967 Psych USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS: Light My Fire + 3-Mexico 7" 1968 Elektra EPE- 1486 EP First Edition ASL USD $64.98 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS MEGA RARE ISRAELI 7" LIGHT MY FIRE ISRAEL ONLY EP-IE 1022 VG+ 4 TRACKS USD $300.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors "S/T" w/ Break On Through, Light My Fire, The End, Soul Kitchen USD $4.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $8.49 Buy It Now 7 days
2-The DOORS Light My Fire The Crystal Ship Elektra 45rpm Vinyl Changeling lv rm USD $7.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship - ELEKTRA 45 RPM 7" VINYL USD $14.95 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - 2'52"/6'52" - Promo USA 7" single USD $16.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Best of The Doors Double Play Cassette Tape Jim Morrison End Light My Fire USD $4.49 Buy It Now 7 days
Promo Epic Silver Blue Light My Fire V+/V 45 RPM The Doors USD $18.75 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE LP VINYL RARE MINT RUSSIAN PRESS COMPILATION, LP UNPLAYED USD $16.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Elektra 45615 The Doors / "Light My Fire" / Rock & Roll / Psychedelic/ 45RPM USD $8.95 [0 bids]
USD $11.95 Buy It Now
The Doors - Light My Fire Vinyl ?60 26467 007 USD $5.50 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS DCC GOLD CD BRAND NEW SEALED JIM MORRISON 1967 PSYCH LIGHT MY FIRE USD $149.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $4.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 12 INCH 45 RPM EKR125 (T) RECORD USD $20.43 Buy It Now 8 days
Russia LP Doors-Light My fire-/USSR,Like New,UNPLAYED!Rare!Russian Press USD $6.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $14.95 Buy It Now 8 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $89.43 Buy It Now 8 days
MAVI ISIKLAR Light My Fire Turkish garage beat 7" Obladi THE BEATLES Doors HEAR USD $127.77 Buy It Now 8 days
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $5.05 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS EP PS Light My Fire SRAEL EP-1E 1022 ULTRA RARE ISRAELI COVER USD $127.76 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS 7'' PS Light My Fire Sweden VERY RARE KFF 715 UNIQUE Swedish COVER 45 USD $89.44 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS 7' PS Light My Fire Holland VOGUE HV 2097 VERY RARE UNIQUE COVER Dutch 45 USD $83.05 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS 7 PS Light My Fire Italy MEGA RARE Vedette VRN 34081 nice UNIQUE COVER 45 USD $108.60 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"