LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light my fireLight my fire
Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
DOORS Light My Fire /Break On Through 45 RPM Flexi Disc Hip Pocket Record HP 9DOORS Light My Fire /Break On Through 45 RPM Flexi Disc Hip Pocket Record HP 9
byfrm_me
Vinyl$59.99
Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times by DoorsLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times by Doors
Wea/Elektra Entertainment
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
Vinyl$199.90

THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.84 Buy It Now
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 34m 1s
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 1h 30m
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $6.72 Buy It Now 6h 53m
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 10h 6m
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship" 45 RPM Vinyl Elektra EK-45615 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 16h 48m
Best of the Doors 1985 Electra 2-CD Set Light My Fire, Hello I Love You LA Woman USD $3.50 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 17h 30m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 17h 58m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire 1991 UK 3-track 12" Vinyl Single EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $19.17 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire, Russian pressing, NM, 1991 USD $24.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors Light My Fire / The Unknown Soldier UK 45 USD $5.10 [0 bids]
The Doors Greatest Hits LIGHT MY FIRE 1980 Vinyl Record Ex+/N/M USD $6.98 [0 bids]
The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra Vinyl Record Rock 60s USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - RARE 7" 45 VINYL RECORD 1967 USD $22.25 Buy It Now 1 day
AMII STEWART "LIGHT MY FIRE" 7" VINYL SINGLE RECORD 1979 THE DOORS FUNK SOUL POP USD $3.49 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Hello RARE 7" PROMO Test Pressing ELEKTRA USD $199.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The DOORS Light My Fire Russian LP USD $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS: Light My Fire + 3-Mexico 7" 1968 Elektra EPE- 1486 EP First Edition ASL USD $64.98 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS MEGA RARE ISRAELI 7" LIGHT MY FIRE ISRAEL ONLY EP-IE 1022 VG+ 4 TRACKS USD $300.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Door's light my fire 12 inch import Jim Morrison USD $19.99 [0 bids]
2-The DOORS Light My Fire The Crystal Ship Elektra 45rpm Vinyl Changeling lv rm USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 2 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $8.49 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors "S/T" w/ Break On Through, Light My Fire, The End, Soul Kitchen USD $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
3 FOR 1 THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA 45615 1967 LIGHT FIRE GOLD LOVE HER USD $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Doors REMASTERED LIGHT MY FIRE THE CRYSTAL SHIP USD $3.77 Buy It Now 3 days
BEST OF THE DOORS - GREATEST HITS U.S. CD 1996 LIGHT MY FIRE RIDERS ON THE STORM USD $12.95 Buy It Now 3 days
BEST OF THE DOORS U.S. 2CD 1985 19 TRKS GREATEST HITS JIM MORRISON LIGHT MY FIRE USD $19.95 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - The Doors JAPAN CD Mint W/OBI 20P2-2344 Light My Fire #117-1 USD $18.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Light My Fire Vinyl ?60 26467 007 USD $5.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Promo Epic Silver Blue Light My Fire V+/V 45 RPM The Doors USD $12.56 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship - ELEKTRA 45 RPM 7" VINYL USD $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
1967- The Doors, 1st LP, Light My Fire, Jim Morrison USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $9.99 Buy It Now
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $11.21 Buy It Now 3 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $89.52 Buy It Now 3 days
Russia LP Doors-Light My fire-/USSR,Like New,UNPLAYED!Rare!Russian Press! USD $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS Light My Fire USSR Pressing Rare LP STEREO USD $2.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 12 INCH 45 RPM EKR125 (T) RECORD USD $12.65 Buy It Now 4 days
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $5.05 Buy It Now 4 days
Elektra 45615 The Doors / "Light My Fire" / Rock & Roll / Psychedelic/ 45RPM USD $8.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (rare pink Elektra label) USD $7.95 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $23.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - Light My Fire [7" single,1967.Elektra] Rock / Psychedelic Rock 45 USD $6.44 Buy It Now 4 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $76.73 Buy It Now 4 days
++DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE LP VINYL RARE MINT RUSSIAN PRESS COMPILATION, LP UNPLAYED USD $22.09 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $63.89 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / Cassette Album Tape / UK 1991 Single / 4308 USD $8.94 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS MOVIE SOUNDTRACK 1991 CD ELEKTRA CANADA LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH USD $1.48 [0 bids]
USD $2.97 Buy It Now
2 45's 1 Price, Doors, Light My Fire EKS 45051 / Touch Me ESK 45052, Elektra USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS S/T LIGHT MY FIRE rare ISRAELI LP USD $60.00 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS " Light My Fire Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $9.79 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 7" PIC. SL JUKEBOX ISSUE EXC USD $7.66 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - THE DOORS 'Light My Fire', 1988 CD, DUCHESSE label. Excellent USD $3.45 [0 bids]
LOT OF 4 ' THE DOORS ' HIT 45's+1P(Copy)[Light My Fire] THE 60's! USD $6.99 [0 bids]
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 6 days
Vintage Doors*13*Elektra Records 1970 Light My Fire USD $19.95 Buy It Now 6 days
NEAR MINT The DOORS 1967 self titled 1st album 1979 press Light My Fire PLAYS EX USD $39.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS ~ Light My Fire ~ rare Canadian garage/psych ~ ELEKTRA USD $37.05 Buy It Now 6 days
NEW CHARTBUSTERS - HAIR GALT MacDERMOT LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS - LP USD $22.19 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors - Light My Fire = ????? ?? ??? ????? /Lp vinyl records USD $10.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - Self Titled / Same CD -1988 -Inc Break On Through & Light My Fire USD $3.54 Buy It Now 7 days
JOSE FELICIANO EP MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 * LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) * USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS Set Of 3 Orig 60s Stock Psych 45s Jim Morrison Touch Me Light My Fire Rock USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record + juke box strip RARE! USD $22.33 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors Elektra 45615 "LIGHT MY FIRE" (GREAT ROCK N ROLL) USD $39.99 Buy It Now 7 days
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $10.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 7" UK USD $11.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Light My Fire The Doors USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
TINA Tu m'as bien trop...(THE DOORS, Light my fire) CANADA 1969 FRENCH PSYCH 45 USD $18.58 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors - Light My Fire / Crystal Ship - 45 RPM Electra EK-45615 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE/LOVE ME TWO TIMES CD SINGLE - SHIPPING DISCOUNT OFFER! USD $1.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me 2 Times SPUN GOLD 45 RPM RECORD NM USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS 7" Record Store Day Promo LIGHT MY FIRE Stereo & Mono Jim Morrison RSD USD $45.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS-LOVE ME TWO TIMES/LIGHT MY FIRE-ELEKTRA 45051-xlent/xlent USD $4.95 Buy It Now 8 days
%% DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE LP VINYL RARE MINT RUSSIAN PRESS COMPILATION, LP UNPLAYED USD $49.99 Buy It Now 8 days
%% DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE LP VINYL RARE MINT RUSSIAN PRESS COMPILATION, MINT USD $49.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS 1ST ALBUM 2007 REMASTER LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $5.10 [0 bids]
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $16.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 9 days
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $29.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS Hello, I Love You Light My Fire 7" 45 P/S JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA SJET-1129 ^ USD $49.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Doors?- Light My Fire = ????? ?? ??? ????? LP USD $8.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Doors?- Light My Fire = ????? ?? ??? ????? LP USD $18.00 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors Self Titled CD 1967 Light My Fire Jim Morrison Made In Australia USD $17.08 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_J3a USD $36.48 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" 1ST DEBUT ALBUM REISSUE CASSETTE TAPE DUCHESSE 1989 USD $12.78 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 60s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire EX JIM MORRISON 45 USD $129.99 Buy It Now 10 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"