LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Audio CD$67.98 (used)
Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.33 (used)
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
DOORS Light My Fire 7" Edit B/w People Are Strange Pic Sleeve UK ISSUE PRESSED USD $8.06 Buy It Now 2h 9m
NANCY HOLLOWAY LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) 7" VINYL VG *VERY RARE BULGARIAN EP* USD $20.00 Buy It Now 4h 10m
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $11.05 Buy It Now 5h 32m
THE DOORS Light My Fire ELEKTRA 45 USD $9.00 Buy It Now 9h 31m
THE DOORS " LIGHT MY FIRE " THE GREATEST HITS - EPIC 1970 - MEXICAN - EP 7´' USD $19.20 Buy It Now 12h 28m
The Doors "Light My Fire" Live Recordings Btw 1968-70's CD USD $5.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Lot of 3 45rpm Singles - Light My Fire / Hello, I Love You / Touch Me USD $12.00 Buy It Now 18h 28m
Chet Atkins Lp Solid Gold 1968 Plays The Doors Light My Fire Also Lady Madonna USD $3.99 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire - Debut - Original Brown Label Blues Rock Vinyl LP USD $3.99 [1 bids]
Doors-2 records-45 RPM-Light My Fire and Hello, I Love You-Electra-1967/1968 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 1 day
VINTAGE HIP POCKET/FORD PHILCO/45 RECORD/HP-9,DOORS,LIGHT MY FIRE USD $3.99 [1 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.64 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.64 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.64 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va (2014, CD New) USD $13.45 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Jose Feliciano - Feliciano! LP Light my Fire California Dreaming Beatles Doors USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Live At The Hollywood Bowl CD NEW SEALED Light My Fire/Unknown Soldier USD $15.37 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (2-Disc CD) "Light My Fire" *COMPLETE* USD $13.67 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Light My Fire b/w The Crystal Ship Elektra EK-45615 VG USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $15.05 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ROCK 45 - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - US ORIG ELEKTRA 45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS:Light My Fire 6:30-Take It As It Comes-Crystal Ship-France7"Elektra EP PCV USD $264.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Light My Fire [Single] by The Doors (CD, Jun-1992, Elektra (Label)) USD $1.99 [0 bids]
? The Doors - 13 (green Butterfly Elektra 74079) (with "Light My Fire") ('70) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEST OF THE DOORS 1973 ORIG SEALED LP 6E 5035 LIGHT MY FIRE +OTHERS USD $24.50 [0 bids]
DOORS Japan 1981 NM 7"45 LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO I LOVE YOU from OST USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Scarce Mint 1991 Cd Single USD $9.21 Buy It Now 2 days
4 THE DOORS JIM MORRISON 45 RPM RECORDS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES USD $5.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Love Me Two Times Light My Fire 45 Vinyl Record Classic Rock Morrison USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE EXTRA RARE RUSSIAN PRESSING 1989 VG+/EX- USD $24.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors VINYL LP album Uk original Elektra Mono Stereo Light My Fire rare! USD $43.07 [2 bids]
Rock 45 The Doors - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship On Elektra USD $3.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE, ORIGINAL 1ST PRESS 1967 SINGLE, RARE 1ST LABEL ! USD $9.95 [0 bids]
45 RPM Vinyl The Doors Light My Fire,The Crystal Ship Elektra Records 45SM7 USD $13.49 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - CD Single USD $6.15 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - The Doors incl. "The End" & "Light My Fire" USD $2.31 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire People Are Strange vinyl single RECORD VG to exc USD $6.60 Buy It Now 4 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door / Va (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.05 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors debut LP 1970s pressing Light My Fire Back Door Man USD $4.00 [0 bids]
USD $9.50 Buy It Now
JIM MORRISON "BEST OF THE DOORS" 2-CD SET - LIGHT MY FIRE / FIVE TO ONE + USD $9.95 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors digitally remastered CD NEW Light My Fire Break On Through The End USD $13.55 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire stereo and Mono Promo 7" Mint USD $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS light my fire RARE CD LIVE 1968-1970 in LA,NY,Boston,Philadelphia... USD $32.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire M- 45 RPM REISSUE USD $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS Light My Fire 7" Vinyl JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA JET-1778 ORIGINAL 1ST SLEEVE USD $159.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Light My Fire/Break On Through 1968 45 Flexi Mono Single Rare USD $45.00 [0 bids]
DOORS Light My Fire ULTRA RARE first issue Sweden 45 KARUSELL psych garage HEAR! USD $14.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS ISRAELI ONLY 7" EP HEBREW PS light my fire +3 MICRO PRESS ISRAEL psych USD $240.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 7" Record Store Day RSD 2010 Limited New ELEKTRA USD $17.50 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS S/T REMASTERED ELEKTRA GERMAN CD 1989 JIM MORRISON LIGHT MY FIRE USD $6.14 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS ~ LIGHT MY FIRE ** 1967 ELEKTRA 45 USD $1.52 [0 bids]
ROCK ! 45 RECORD -THE DOORS EX - SPUN GOLD - LOVE ME TWO TIMES/LIGHT MY FIRE USD $5.99 [0 bids]
Best of Doors, 2 CDs 1985, Light My Fire, Riders On Storm, LA Woman, Two Times USD $4.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors , Light My Fire , 3 Cd Set Live , EEC Import USD $65.00 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE M- $60.00 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors 7" 45 rpm Record Light My Fire The Crystal Dream Elektra EK-45615-B USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS- LIGHT MY FIRE VINYL 7" 45RPM P/S USD $3.46 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, M- PS insert, w/ company sle USD $60.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU FRENCH 45 TEST PRESSING 7" USD $89.00 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors: Light My Fire / The Unknown Soldier,1976,ELEKTRA,EX USD $1.52 [0 bids]
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER elektra 12227 ......... 45 rpm USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times" Electra Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $13.81 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / SAME MONO 2:52 / STEREO 6:52 PROMO NEAR MINT USD $12.98 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors - Light My Fire plus R.E.M Nightswimming picture disc 12" Single Vinyl USD $9.23 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-4 TRACK CD-MADE IN GERMANY-1967/1991-JIM MORRISON USD $7.35 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire b/w The Crystal Ship Original 1967 CANADIAN Pressing USD $10.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Rock 45 The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra USD $5.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
2 LOT "THE DOORS" LIGHT MY FIRE & UNKNOWN SOLDIER YELLOW ELEKTRA CANADIAN 45'S USD $14.49 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors Best Of 2-CD NEW SEALED Riders On The Storm/Light My Fire/L.A. Woman+ USD $9.21 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Doors-The Crystal Ship/Light My Fire-Elektra Records USD $2.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS (2 CD) IN CONCERT : LIVE ~ LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END + JIM MORRISON 60's *NEW* USD $16.24 Buy It Now 11 days
LIGHT MY FIRE 60's Sheet music VARIOUS ARTISTS, THE DOORS,BOOKER T... USD $15.38 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s1889 USD $55.00 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $26.14 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors Light My Fire + Love Me Two Times (2 classic tracks) jukebox strip USD $3.36 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, original PS insert, w/ compa USD $200.00 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS: Hello, I Love You / Light My Fire 45 (Japan, PS 'backflaps' cover, Golde USD $40.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS CD (1ST ALBUM) 11 TRACKS 1988 ELEKTRA 74007-2 LIGHT MY FIRE, THE END USD $6.00 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors "Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship" Elektra Records 45 EK-45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 12 days
VALLI Light my fire Rare Ltd 7 80s Girl Pop Synth Doors Listen USD $2.99 Buy It Now 12 days
The Doors PSYCHEDELIC 45 (ELEKTRA 45615) Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship NM- USD $7.95 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $30.77 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE CASSETTE SINGLE 1991 ISSUE USD $15.38 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS: self-titled (1st) cassette VG+ Morrison "Light My Fire" USD $5.90 Buy It Now 12 days
The Doors 45 Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times Elektra Records #E-45051 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12 days
The Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 Elektra EK-45615 1967 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times 1972 ELEKTRA Spun Gold USD $8.00 Buy It Now 13 days
LP l.a. woman (the workshop sessions)
THE DOORS
~ USD $26.14

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(40%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(20%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"