LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]
Elektra / Wea 1991
CollectionCollection
Box set · Import
WARNER BROS UK 2011
V.A Estereofonia "The doors light my fire - Joe Reisman" Stereo Magic" 8LPs VG USD $7.38 Buy It Now 40m 47s
THE DOORS Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times NM Spun Gold 45 PROMO stamped USD $5.00 Buy It Now 58m 59s
NANCY HOLLOWAY LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) 7" VINYL VG *VERY RARE BULGARIAN EP* USD $27.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
THE DOORS Light My Fire 7" Record Store Day RSD 2010 Limited New ELEKTRA USD $17.50 Buy It Now 2h 19m
DOORS:Light My Fire 2:52-Love Me Two Times-U.S. 7" 72 PRC Philips Test Pressing USD $398.98 Buy It Now 2h 48m
JOSE FELICIANO - Portrait The Best Of LP Telstar 1985 DOORS COVER light my fire USD $11.99 Buy It Now 4h 2m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE RARE MEXICAN PRESS ENCIENDE MI FUEGO JIM MORRISON ROCK USD $19.99 [0 bids]
n21216 CD - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CD352036 - 1988 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 9h 29m
DOORS Hello, I Love You - Light My Fire 7" 45 P/S JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA SJET-1129 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 19h 31m
The Doors Light My Fire Russian LP 1990 USD $37.10 [0 bids]
The Doors (Light My Fire) Vinyl LP Elektra EKS-74007 Stereo VG+ USD $5.00 [1 bids]
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $11.05 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors 45 record EUC juke box title slip Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times USD $3.25 [2 bids]
TWO (2) 45 RPM / THE DOORS / LIGHT MY FIRE & PEOPLE ARE STRANGE / ELEKTRA USD $7.79 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 45rpm record LIGHT MY FIRE USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 1 day
JOSE' FELICIANO "LIGHT MY FIRE" BY THE DOORS ORIGINAL 1967 SHEET MUSIC USD $11.71 [0 bids]
THE DOORS " LIGHT MY FIRE " THE GREATEST HITS - EPIC 1970 - MEXICAN - EP 7´' USD $19.20 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS - Light my fire - 3 trk Vinyl 12" Single USD $7.41 [2 bids]
The Doors 45 RPM Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship Elektra Sleeve 45615 USD $1.99 [0 bids]
The Doors-Light My Fire-Electra Spun Gold STEREO issue-NICE! USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Greatest hits Record Hello I Love You, Light My Fire, USD $2.24 [2 bids]
THE DOORS CD (1ST ALBUM) 11 TRACKS 1988 ELEKTRA 74007-2 LIGHT MY FIRE, THE END USD $4.00 [0 bids]
USD $6.00 Buy It Now
Doors 45 Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times (Psych) Listen EX USD $3.00 [0 bids]
Re 45 The DOORS - Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times w/ Spun Gold strip EX USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $6.99 Buy It Now
The Doors - Light My Fire - CD Single USD $5.94 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Very Best Of CD Hello I Love You, Light My Fire, Touch Me, L.A. Woman USD $2.49 [0 bids]
The Doors 1st press Light my Fire electra 45615 USD $24.99 [0 bids]
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $6.28 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Scarce Mint 1991 Cd Single USD $10.37 Buy It Now 3 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va (2014, CD New) USD $13.25 Buy It Now 3 days
ROBBY KRIEGER ORGANIZATION - RKO Live! CD - Doors Guitarist - Light My Fire ... USD $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
LP DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-1988 MELODIA USSR RUSSIA VERY RARE!!! MINT ARCHIVE OF POP USD $21.00 [0 bids]
Jose Feliciano - Feliciano! LP Light my Fire California Dreaming Beatles Doors USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (2-Disc CD) "Light My Fire" *COMPLETE* USD $12.06 Buy It Now 3 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $13.83 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $18.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ROCK 45 - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - US ORIG ELEKTRA 45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl USD $103.88 Buy It Now 4 days
The DOORS - Light My Fire *Rare* JAPAN 3" CD single WMD5-4068 1991 USD $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Doors: Lot-4. 7" 45rpm. Light My Fire. Hello I Love You. And More. USD $6.69 [0 bids]
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Record Vinyl USD $74.19 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS:Light My Fire 6:30-Take It As It Comes-Crystal Ship-France7"Elektra EP PCV USD $264.98 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $9.99 [0 bids]
DOORS: Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 45 ('67 2nd pressing label, few light sleev USD $18.00 Buy It Now 4 days
? The Doors - 13 (green Butterfly Elektra 74079) (with "Light My Fire") ('70) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS Japan 1981 NM 7"45 LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO I LOVE YOU from OST USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 2:52 / LIGHT MY FIRE 6:52 45 RPM RECORD STORE DAY NEW USD $24.95 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA RECORDS VG++ USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA RECORDS MINT- USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors "Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship" Elektra 45 USD $1.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS. LIGHT MY FIRE/CRYSTAL SHIP SINGLE. RARE ELEKTRA LABEL. 1st PRESS. USD $20.00 [0 bids]
DOORS Light My Fire 7" Edit B/w People Are Strange Pic Sleeve UK ISSUE PRESSED USD $7.78 Buy It Now 4 days
CANADA 1980 GOLD STANDARD REC 45 RPM THE DOORS : LIGHT MY FIRE + PEOPLE ARE STRA USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light my fire CD single USD $2.23 [0 bids]
Best of Doors, 2 CDs 1985, Light My Fire, Riders On Storm, LA Woman, Two Times USD $4.50 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors Light My Fire Music Cassette Single Elektra Label USD $3.71 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 60s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire N/MINT Jim Morrison USD $149.99 Buy It Now 5 days
45 RPM Vinyl The Doors Light My Fire,The Crystal Ship Elektra Records 45SM7 USD $12.59 Buy It Now 5 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door / Va (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.83 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS Light My Fire 7" Vinyl JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA JET-1778 ORIGINAL 1ST SLEEVE USD $159.99 [0 bids]
The Doors digitally remastered CD NEW Light My Fire Break On Through The End USD $13.71 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire stereo and Mono Promo 7" Mint USD $18.59 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS 4X7" 45s LIGHT MY FIRE LOVE ME TWO TIMES PEOPLE ARE STRANGE TOUCH ME EX!! USD $24.99 [0 bids]
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS ISRAELI ONLY 7" EP HEBREW PS light my fire +3 MICRO PRESS ISRAEL psych USD $240.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS S/T REMASTERED ELEKTRA GERMAN CD 1989 JIM MORRISON LIGHT MY FIRE USD $5.92 Buy It Now 8 days
A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Light My Fire Mexican Edition CD USD $13.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors , Light My Fire , 3 Cd Set Live , EEC Import USD $65.00 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE M- $60.00 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times 1972 ELEKTRA Spun Gold 45051 NM w/ Slv USD $8.00 Buy It Now 9 days
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS - NEW CD USD $10.85 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, M- PS insert, w/ company sle USD $60.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Amii Stewart "Light My Fire" by The Doors...Disco Version & 137 Disco Heaven Mix USD $5.55 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU FRENCH 45 TEST PRESSING 7" USD $89.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors Elektra 45 Record #45615 VG+ Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $13.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times" Electra Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $13.81 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-4 TRACK CD-MADE IN GERMANY-1967/1991-JIM MORRISON USD $7.44 Buy It Now 10 days
NANCY HOLLOWAY LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) 7" VINYL VG+ *VERY RARE BULGARIAN EP* USD $35.00 Buy It Now 10 days
MAE WEST GREAT BALLS OF FIRE NM '72 LP THE DOORS Light My Fire BILL HALEY SEDAKA USD $11.24 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS-Mint Vinyl Re-Issue 45-Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times USD $7.00 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors Light My Fire CD CD352036 USD $18.00 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire VG(-) 45 RPM REISSUE USD $2.00 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS (2 CD) IN CONCERT : LIVE ~ LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END + JIM MORRISON 60's *NEW* USD $19.57 Buy It Now 12 days
LIGHT MY FIRE 60's Sheet music VARIOUS ARTISTS, THE DOORS,BOOKER T... USD $14.84 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s1889 USD $55.00 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $25.22 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, original PS insert, w/ compa USD $200.00 Buy It Now 13 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times Spun Gold 45 Excellent !!! USD $4.00 Buy It Now 13 days
DOORS: Hello, I Love You / Light My Fire 45 (Japan, PS 'backflaps' cover, Golde USD $40.00 Buy It Now 13 days
LP l.a. woman (the workshop sessions)
THE DOORS
~ USD $25.95

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(40%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(20%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"