LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$15.00 (used)
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
Vinyl$199.90
LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7"
ELEKTRA-45615
Vinyl$199.90
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)

Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors USD $5.27 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE (1967 MEGA-RARE JAPAN 1st Press 7") F/S record USD $310.00 Buy It Now 12h 33m
The Doors "Light My Fire" w/ "The Crystal Ship" 45 (1967 - 2nd Press) #EK-45615 USD $1.00 [1 bids]
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $29.99 Buy It Now 21h 48m
LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 45 RPM Vinyl Record THE DOORS Elektra Excel+ USD $3.90 Buy It Now 22h 38m
The Door's light my fire 12 inch import Jim Morrison USD $11.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS-DOORS-1988 CD/LIGHT MY FIRE/THE END/BREAK ON THROUGH/JIM MORRISON/60S USD $2.63 [0 bids]
Light My Fire by The Doors (Vinyl, Jul-2017, Elektra (Label)) USD $7.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors, Light My Fire, Russian Edition 33 1/3 Rpm, By Melodia, Good Vinyl USD $15.30 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS / JOSE FELICIANO - 60's Sheet Music - LIGHT MY FIRE USD $10.55 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times E 45051 7" 45rpm Vinyl VG+ USD $7.19 Buy It Now 1 day
VALLI Light my fire Ltd 45 80s Pop Synth Doors USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jim Morrison / The Doors 'light My Fire' SiNging Teddy - Original Automata USD $39.61 [0 bids]
The Doors 13 Vinyl Record Album LP Light My Fire. Back Door Man Touch Me Nice USD $11.88 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors Light My Fire/Crystal Ship [Jim Morrison] 45 RPM Elektra Records VG USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire [New 7" Vinyl] USD $13.52 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors EKS-74007 1967 in Shrink VG+ Light My Fire Break On Through USD $6.50 [7 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire - NEW SEALED 7" 45 - 50th anniversary Japanese reprodu USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS MOVIE SOUNDTRACK 1991 CD ELEKTRA CANADA LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH USD $0.77 [1 bids]
THE DOORS 1988 CD ELEKTRA CRC CANADA LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $0.77 [1 bids]
Vintage Spun Gold Elektra Doors Light My Fire Love Me Two Time 45 Record Vinyl USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Wynton Kelly Trio 45 Light My Fire 1968 Soul-Jazz The Doors VG++ USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
45 RECORD 7"- THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE USD $3.75 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS, LOT OF 6 - 7" RECORDS, INCL LOVE ME TWO TIMES, LIGHT MY FIRE USD $21.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS ~ LIGHT MY FIRE ** Re-issue ELEKTRA 45 USD $2.64 [3 bids]
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.53 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.53 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.53 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.53 Buy It Now 2 days
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
'67 Classic Psych Rock DOORS Light My Fire/Crystal Ship ELEKTRA VG++ DJ USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE RARE ORIGINAL DUCHESSE DEBUT CASSETTE USD $5.27 Buy It Now 2 days
The doors Light my Fire Charly Records Made in Germany Free Shipping from Japan USD $33.00 Buy It Now 2 days
JOSE FELICIANO - Portrait The Best Of LP Telstar 1985 DOORS COVER light my fire USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS: Alive, She Cried 1983 Elektra cassette VG+ "Gloria" "Light My Fire" USD $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $22.43 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $65.95 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Light My Fire [New 7" Vinyl] USD $10.07 Buy It Now 3 days
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $9.81 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS people are strange / light my fire GOLD STANDARD 45 USD $7.89 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 1ST ALBUM 2007 REMASTER LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $5.27 [0 bids]
DOORS people are strange / light my fire ELEKTRA ASYLUM COMPANY SLEEVE 45 USD $5.89 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 45 7" single 1967 Sweden first press USD $39.90 [0 bids]
Light My Fire Sealed 45 P/S by The Doors (Vinyl, Jul-2017, Elektra (Label)) USD $5.75 Buy It Now 4 days
SOUL MERCHANTS: Light My Fire / Same 45 (dj, Soul Jazz instrumental of the Door USD $8.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Light My Fire [7/28] by The Doors (Vinyl, Jul-2017, Elektra (Label)) USD $10.98 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors ?- Raiders On The Storm / Light My Fire 7/45 PORTUGAL 1972 EX USD $50.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS New Sealed Ltd 2017 50th ANNIVERSARY LIGHT MY FIRE VINYL RECORD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $3.92 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $5.60 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $16.82 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 on rare BLUE Elektra label USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors Live Vol. 2 CD Very Rare Jim Morrison Touch Me Back Man Light My Fire USD $41.52 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors Self-Titled CD NEW Remastered Light My Fire/Break On Through/The End+ USD $6.59 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $6.93 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS Light My Fire USSR Pressing Rare LP STEREO USD $2.99 [0 bids]
SILVER BLUE Light My Fire 45 7" NM US DANCE COVER ON THE DOORS CLASSIC LISTEN USD $5.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 7" vinyl single record UK R7560944 USD $23.69 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS **Light My Fire** CD Single - Elektra **OOP/RARE** USD $22.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Doors The-Light My Fire VINYL NEW USD $13.10 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS 45 - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Jim Morrison 1991 single vintage ad Light My Fire. Primal Scream. USD $5.27 [0 bids]
DOORS - 45 RPM (1967) "LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP" ELEKTRA EK-45615 (VG) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / 7INCH USD $99.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Greatest Hits CD Light My Fire, Touch Me, Riders On The Storm USD $2.49 [0 bids]
USD $3.99 Buy It Now
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE / CRYSTAL SHIP Japanese Artwork NEW VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $8.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors by Various Artists (CD,... USD $19.25 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra Vinyl Record Rock 60s USD $8.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Rare Pop Rock 45 - The Templeton Twins - Light My Fire - Doors Cover USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE HELLO I LOVE YOU RARE ISRAELI 7" EP HEBREW ELECTRA ROCK USD $120.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" single - OZ AUSSIE PRESS ASTOR 1967 PSYCH AP- 1388 USD $15.06 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 7 days
.The Doors ?- Light My Fire 7559-64877-7 VG++ USD $3.95 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS Light my Fire Gold 1st EKS 74007 1967 gold sleeve Vinyl Lp Record USD $19.98 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 50TH ANNIVERSARY Pic Sleeve SEALED 2017 USD $16.00 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS: Light My Fire + 3-Mexico 7" 1968 Elektra EPE- 1486 EP First Edition ASL USD $64.98 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA UNPLAYED USD $16.00 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 2:52 / LIGHT MY FIRE 6:52 "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA UNPLAYED USD $14.95 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS MEGA RARE ISRAELI 7" LIGHT MY FIRE ISRAEL ONLY EP-IE 1022 VG+ 4 TRACKS USD $300.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Doors m- pink label 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 8 days
Doors vg+ hip pocket 3 1/2" Light My Fire / Break on Through USD $24.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors - Best of the Doors [2000] inc Light My Fire, Riders on the Storm USD $5.28 Buy It Now 8 days
Doors ?- Light my fire ?LP USD $8.90 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS- Very Best of/Greatest Hits 2-CD (1985 USA) Jim Morrison Light My Fire USD $8.54 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $9.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $92.40 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS love me two times / light my fire ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD 45 USD $5.49 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors "S/T" w/ Break On Through, Light My Fire, The End, Soul Kitchen USD $4.00 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 VG USD $5.50 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $79.20 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 45 7" single 1968 Sweden USD $10.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE VINYL LP SINGLE NEW+ USD $22.27 Buy It Now 10 days
1/6/91 Pgn54 Advert: The Doors light My Fire B/w People Are Strange 15x5 USD $9.90 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / Cassette Album Tape / UK 1991 Single / 4308 USD $9.23 Buy It Now 10 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"