LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$5.49 (used)
45vinylrecord Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship (745vinylrecord Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship (7"/45 rpm)
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$7.00 (used)
Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Light my fireLight my fire
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
CD SINGLE - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE USD $1.45 [0 bids]
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 16m
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record + juke box strip RARE! USD $21.23 Buy It Now 6h 7m
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS NEW CD USD $12.98 Buy It Now 10h 46m
DOORS 7'' PS Light My Fire Holland VOGUE HV 2097 VERY RARE Dutch 45!! USD $94.15 Buy It Now 22h 51m
DOORS 7'' PS Light My Fire Italy NICE CONDITION Vedette VRN 34081 very rare 45!! USD $137.61 Buy It Now 22h 51m
THE DOORS 1ST Elektra Records LP LIGHT MY FIRE, BREAK ON THRU, THE END USD $11.89 Buy It Now 23h 34m
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Light My Fire The Doors USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE ++ very rare SWEDEN 45 ++ psych monster w/SLEEVE USD $14.99 [0 bids]
JOSE FELICIANO EP MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 * LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) * USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS - RIDERS ON THE STORM / LIGHT MY FIRE 7" OLD GOLD VINYL PS USD $18.09 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors "Light My Fire" Ear Bud Headphones USD $13.63 Buy It Now 1 day
1967 THE DOORS 45 VINYL RECORD EK-45615 LIGHT MY FIRE CRYSTAL SHIP RED LABLE USD $12.74 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.60 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.60 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.60 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS - HEAR IT - 1967 - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - IN ORIG SLEEVE USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.25 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.25 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.25 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.25 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.25 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_J3a USD $34.68 Buy It Now 2 days
the doors light my fire first press rocker 45 rpm 7" USD $14.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE(EDIT)/PEOPLE ARE STRANGE 45 USD $2.17 [5 bids]
THE DOORS S/T MONO EKL-4007 1967 RARE MORRISON - LIGHT MY FIRE USD $19.99 [0 bids]
The Doors, 45 rpm, Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $7.50 [0 bids]
USD $12.00 Buy It Now
The Doors - Light My Fire - 7" Elektra K 122227 USD $5.78 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS The Doors HQ 180g Vinyl LP Sealed Jim Morrison Light My Fire USD $27.96 [0 bids]
DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-JAPAN ISSUE 7" USD $44.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-JAPAN ISSUE 7" JET-1778 USD $74.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Doors, Light My Fire, Russian Edition 33 1/3 Rpm, By Melodia, Good Vinyl USD $15.30 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE c/w LOVE ME TWO TIMES" MONSTER 60's SOUND LISTEN! USD $13.02 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS light my fire RARE CD LIVE 1968-1970 in LA,NY,Boston,Philadelphia... USD $15.99 [0 bids]
DOORS-Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship-/UK '67 ELEKTRA (EKSN 45014) Original 7" USD $10.94 [3 bids]
Original The Doors - Light My Fire & People Are Strange 7 inch record single USD $3.62 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Live...LP the end, light my fire, five to one, break on through.. TUNA USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
6 DOORS 45:Riders on the Storm,Hello I Love You,Her Madly,Light My Fire,Touch Me USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 vg Elektra 1967 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 60s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire JIM MORRISON VG+/EX USD $99.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Greatest Hits CD. Riders On The Storm/Light My Fire/The End+. USD $4.33 Buy It Now 4 days
The DOORS SONGBOOK, 'THE BEST OF THE DOORS' WORDS & MUSIC,INCL LIGHT MY FIRE USD $14.49 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, original PS insert, w/ compa USD $200.00 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS light my fire JAPAN 45 PS USD $9.99 [0 bids]
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, M- PS insert, w/ company sle USD $60.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The DOORS "Light My Fire" Sealed 1967 US 45RPM 4" Philco Flexi Pop Rock Single USD $14.99 [0 bids]
The DOORS "Light My Fire" Rare 1967 US 45RPM 4" Philco Flexi Pop Rock Single NM USD $9.99 [1 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire/Break On Through 1968 45 Flexi Mono Single Rare USD $45.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $72.35 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors. 2x 7" singles - Riders on the Storm 1971 VG. Light my Fire 1991 EX. USD $3.62 [0 bids]
The Doors Self-Titled CD NEW SEALED Remastered Light My Fire/Break On Through+ USD $7.23 Buy It Now 5 days
G++ The Doors The Crystal Ship / Light My Fire 7" 45RPM w/orig ppr slv USD $1.99 [0 bids]
DOORS "LOVE ME TWO TIMES c/w LIGHT MY FIRE" MONSTER 60's PHSYC LISTEN! USD $13.02 Buy It Now 5 days
45RPM The Doors The Crystal Ship/Light my Fire 032912EL USD $19.98 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light my fire /Love me two times CANADA MEGA RARE '70s Reissue 45 USD $12.29 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times (classic rock w/jukebox strip USD $8.24 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors 45 Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times Elektra Records #E-45051 MINT USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE(EDIT)/PEOPLE ARE STRANGE PS 45 USD $2.90 [6 bids]
THE DOORS DCC GOLD CD BRAND NEW SEALED JIM MORRISON 1967 PSYCH LIGHT MY FIRE USD $149.99 Buy It Now 7 days
MAVI ISIKLAR Light My Fire Turkish garage beat 7" Obladi THE BEATLES Doors HEAR USD $181.05 Buy It Now 7 days
45RPM record Classic Rock The Doors Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship. Elektra. USD $5.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire RARE PROMO Record Store Day RSD LIMITED EDITION VINYL USD $13.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE/PEOPLE ARE STRANGE - GERMAN PS 7" FREE SHIPPING USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - RIDERS ON THE STORM / LIGHT MY FIRE 7" OLD GOLD VINYL EX.COND. USD $14.47 [0 bids]
USD $21.71 Buy It Now
VINYL 45 Terry Dan - Light My Fire ( Doors cover ) prod. by Jeff Tyzik USD $11.99 Buy It Now 7 days
ROCK ! 45 RECORD -THE DOORS EX - SPUN GOLD - LOVE ME TWO TIMES/LIGHT MY FIRE USD $4.00 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45' USD $19.00 Buy It Now 8 days
JOSE FELICIANO LIGHT MY FIRE ( doors) / QUE SERA old gold 9855 EX+........ 45rpm USD $9.42 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE (FROM RADIO STOCK) LP USD $30.00 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS: Hello, I Love You / Light My Fire 45 (Japan, PS 'backflaps' cover, Golde USD $40.00 Buy It Now 9 days
*RARE* 1970'S THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME 2 TIMES 45 RPM RECORD +SLEEVE USD $13.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS light my fire EK-45615 ELEKTRA US ORIGINAL 45 psych USD $7.20 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS 7" Record Store Day Promo LIGHT MY FIRE Stereo & Mono Jim Morrison RSD USD $45.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 60s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire EX JIM MORRISON 45 USD $129.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS "Light My Fire" LP Rare Russian Compilation EX+ USD $12.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE/ LOVE ME TWO TIMES 7 INCHVINYL 45 RPM 1984 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Doors Hits Ep Love Her Madly/Riders/Touch Me/Light My Fire w/PS Australia USD $39.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 1967 1ST RELEASE ELEKTRA FLAPPER RARE EXCELLENT MONO ? USD $75.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors- Light My Fire - Elektra Record Store Day Promo re-issue 7" 45 Vinyl USD $12.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS:Light My Fire 2:52-Love Me Two Times-U.S. 7" 72 PRC Philips Test Pressing USD $398.98 Buy It Now 10 days
JOSE FELICIANO - Portrait The Best Of LP Telstar 1985 DOORS COVER light my fire USD $11.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire - The Unknown Soldier 7" K 12227 UK Reissue 1979 N/MINT USD $7.99 Buy It Now 10 days
OOP DOORS CD LIGHT MY FIRE ON STAGE EEC IMPORT LIVE JIM MORRISON Rock USD $22.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS Hello, I Love You - Light My Fire 7" 45 P/S JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA SJET-1129 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - German Press CD Boot USD $14.47 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors ?- Light My Fire 1st Press 1988 USSR LP Love Spirit Jim Morrison USD $25.88 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS self titled debut LP Vinyl Jim Morrison Break On Through Light My Fire USD $39.99 Buy It Now 11 days
1/6/91Pgn54 Advert: The Doors 'light My Fire B/w People Are Strange 15x5 USD $5.79 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times 45 RPM Record Used Rock USD $6.95 Buy It Now 11 days
Doors/Light My Fire+ 1 (Japan 3" CD/SEALED) USD $159.99 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS ALIVE SHE CRIED~NM ORIG 1983~MORRISON~LIGHT MY FIRE~GLORIA LIVE! USD $12.00 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE RARE ONLY RUSSIAN PRESS LP LENINGRAD MINT USD $7.00 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS - Light my Fire RUSSIAN Press LP RARE UNPLAYED !!! USD $18.00 Buy It Now 13 days
The Doors-Light My Fire-Electra Spun Gold STEREO issue-NICE! USD $4.99 Buy It Now 13 days
The Doors Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 Near Mint Elektra reissue USD $8.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Light My Fire Doors.=Tribute= Audio CD USD $24.12 Buy It Now 13 days
Jose Feliciano - Feliciano! LP Light my Fire California Dreaming Beatles Doors USD $19.99 Buy It Now 13 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (2-Disc CD) "Light My Fire" *COMPLETE* USD $16.08 Buy It Now 13 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $12.99 Buy It Now 13 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"