LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire + PosterLight My Fire + Poster
Elektra
Vinyl$16.76 (used)
1967 THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" 45rpm 7" USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
THE DOORS: Light My Fire/ Love Me Two Times RARE CANADA GOLD ELEKTRA 45 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 2m
THE DOORS 9 LP LOT w. LIGHT MY FIRE, STRANGE DAYS, WAITING FOR THE SUN, SONGBOOK USD $79.00 [31 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.67 Buy It Now 14h 45m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.67 Buy It Now 15h 4m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.67 Buy It Now 15h 29m
The Doors - Light My Fire USD $0.74 [0 bids]
45 RPM The Doors ELEKTRA 45615 Light My Fire USD $3.00 [0 bids]
The DOORS - Light My Fire / Crystal Ship - # EK-45615 Elektra 7" EX Condition USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROCK ! 45 RECORD -THE DOORS EX - SPUN GOLD - LOVE ME TWO TIMES/LIGHT MY FIRE USD $5.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS ORIG LIGHT MY FIRE 45 VG++ SMALL 10 STICKER ON LABEL NICE USD $1.95 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire/Break On Through 1968 45 Flexi Mono Single Rare USD $45.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Rare Israel Only 7" Light My Fire EP-IE 1022 VG/VG USD $300.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors Light My Fire 45 Single 1967 Mono 1st Pressing NM To M USD $25.00 [0 bids]
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $5.81 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors debut LP 1967 pressing Light My Fire Back Door Man brown label USD $5.00 [1 bids]
The Best Of Doors 2 Cd 60's Riders In The Storm Light My Fire Love Me Two Times USD $0.72 [1 bids]
THE DOORS Live "Light My Fire" NEW Original 1987 US Promo Rock 12" Record NM USD $4.99 [0 bids]
The Doors - Debut Album 180g HQ LP NEW! SEALED! Light My Fire USD $24.88 Buy It Now 2 days
LIGHT MY FIRE 60's Sheet music VARIOUS ARTISTS, THE DOORS,BOOKER T... USD $11.77 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE M- $60.00 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Rhythm 165 Companion Cd Bon Jovi Wanted Dead Or Alive The Doors Light My Fire USD $4.40 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" Elektra 45615 USD $0.99 [1 bids]
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" Elektra Spun Gold 45051 USD $0.99 [1 bids]
THE DOORS "LOVE ME TWO TIMES W/ LIGHT MY FIRE" ELEKTRA ROCK STORE STOCK COPY 45 USD $5.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE W/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP" ELEKTRA STORE STOCK COPY 45 USD $5.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" 1991 WEA RECORDS 7" single PSYCH / GARAGE- ROCK USD $1.46 [0 bids]
DOORS Light My Fire 7" 4 Prong Original Dark Orange Label Design B/w Crystal Shi USD $16.19 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - 7" Vinyl Single USD $5.81 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS, LOT OF 6 - 7" RECORDS, INCL LOVE ME TWO TIMES, LIGHT MY FIRE USD $21.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 1967 ELEKTRA EKS-74007 Stereo Light My Fire w/Gold Label Record Album USD $21.95 [0 bids]
THE DOORS : LIGHT MY FIRE /PEOPLE ARE STRANGE RARE CANADA GOLD LABEL 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" 45 RPM Vinyl Record THE CRYSTAL SHIP" ELEKTRA USD $2.59 [0 bids]
The Doors CD. Light My Fire [Single] (CD, Jun-1992, Elektra) RARE JIM MORISSON USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors/ Light My Fire b/w The Crystal Ship/ Elektra/ 1967/ Canada/ Psych USD $15.29 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - 1967 7" VG - 1000'S MORE 7"S IN MY SHOP COMBINE POSTAGE USD $11.77 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU FRENCH 45 TEST PRESSING 7" USD $89.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS : LIGHT MY FIRE /PEOPLE ARE STRANGE RARE CANADA GOLD LABEL 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS: Light My Fire/ The Crystal Ship - Elektra 45 RPM w/ Elektra Sleeve VG++ USD $9.99 [1 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 1967 1ST RELEASE ELEKTRA FLAPPER RARE Strong VG USD $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-4 TRACK CD-MADE IN GERMANY-1967/1991-JIM MORRISON USD $5.02 Buy It Now 4 days
AMII STEWART "LIGHT MY FIRE" 7" VINYL SINGLE RECORD 1979 THE DOORS FUNK SOUL POP USD $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS THE BEST OF RIDERS ON THE STORM/LIGHT MY FIRE/BACKDOOR MAN EX CD USD $11.04 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS 7" SINGLE PROMO LIGHT MY FIRE / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE 1991 ELECTRA LABEL USD $5.87 [0 bids]
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors by Various Artists (CD,... USD $10.93 Buy It Now 4 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $13.85 Buy It Now 4 days
2 The DOORS 45s - LIGHT MY FIRE Crystal Ship, LOVE ME TWO TIMES Moonlight Drive USD $7.95 Buy It Now 5 days
The DOORS Self-Titled Debut LP, Elektra EKS-74007 Light My Fire Break On Through USD $14.95 Buy It Now 5 days
The DOORS Vinyl LP 13 (Incl Light My Fire, People Are Strange) USD $17.65 Buy It Now 5 days
THE TEMPLETON TWINS - Light My Fire / Spinning Wheel 7" DOORS COVER Vault Record USD $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 Near Mint Elektra reissue USD $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - German Press CD Boot USD $3.66 Buy It Now 5 days
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Lot of 2 The Doors Spun Gold 45 Records w/Sleeves Light My Fire Hello I Love You USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $15.50 Buy It Now
The Doors - Light My Fire + People Are Strange + Touch Me 45 | LOT OF 4 | EX USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS ENCIENDE MI FUEGO / EL BARCO DE CRISTAL Light my fire ARGENTINA 7" USD $37.22 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $7.73 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Amii Stewart "Light My Fire" by The Doors...Disco Version & 137 Disco Heaven Mix USD $3.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Greatest Hits CD Hello I Love You, Light My Fire, Touch Me, LA Woman USD $2.49 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 45 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 7 days
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $13.58 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CD (FREE UK POST) USD $2.93 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors s/t DCC Gold Disc Steve Hoffman Light My Fire USD $50.00 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $29.43 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times" Electra Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $9.72 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $6.48 Buy It Now 7 days
45 RECORD 7"- THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE & LOVE ME TWO TIMES - ELEKTRA Spun Gold USD $10.99 Buy It Now 8 days
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS NEW CD USD $13.84 Buy It Now 8 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Astor Label USD $17.97 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL USD $9.55 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS:LIGHT MY FIRE / LIGHT MY FIRE - PROMO - VERY RARE - UNPLAYED USD $7.60 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS - Light my fire / Germany PS 7" Very rare USD $165.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Hip-Pocket Records "Light My Fire" MINT Sealed in Envelope USD $39.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" & "The Crystal Ship" 1967 Rocker NM Jim Morrison USD $12.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors ~45~ Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ~ Elektra 45615 ~ M- USD $8.95 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS 1988 RUSSIA USSR IMPORT PSYCH LP NM on MELODIA ~ Light My Fire USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS 1st First VTG Cassette Jim Morrison Light My Fire Break Through 316 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 9 days
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $9.52 Buy It Now 9 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $103.00 Buy It Now 10 days
LIGHT MY FIRE - TRIBUTE TO THE DOORS CD NEW+ IAN GILLAN/ROBERT GORDON/+ USD $23.37 Buy It Now 10 days
n21216 CD - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CD352036 - 1988 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $14.95 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors 7" 45 rpm Record Light My Fire The Crystal Dream Elektra EK-45615-B USD $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD - 1970'S USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors , remastered cd album- debut 1968 release ft Light My Fire USD $7.90 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 12 days
7" france america (record store day 2016 exclusive, limited)
THE DOORS
~ USD $11.17
CD live new york, pbs critique, apr 28/29 1969
THE DOORS
~ USD $7.81

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"