LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
THE DOORS The Doors (CD 1988) BREAK ON THROUGH Light My Fire THE END USD $2.34 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE EXTRA RARE RUSSIAN PRESSING 1989 VG+/EX- USD $24.00 Buy It Now 4h 59m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE 12" VINYL *RARE* LTD EDITION w/POSTER USD $29.90 Buy It Now 14h 23m
The Doors Best Of CD NEW SEALED Riders On The Storm/Light My Fire/L.A. Woman+ USD $7.77 Buy It Now 14h 53m
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Unknown Soldier 7" K 12227 USD $7.71 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times - USA 7" single USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
45 RPM Vinyl The Doors Light My Fire,The Crystal Ship Elektra Records 45SM7 USD $13.49 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors s/t Original Elektra Company Inner Sleeve Psych Light My Fire USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Seld-Titled CD NEW SEALED Remastered Light My Fire/Break On Through+ USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BEST OF THE DOORS CD 2 CD Set Jim Morrison Light My Fire Riders On The Storm USD $1.54 [1 bids]
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door / Va (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.88 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors digitally remastered CD NEW Light My Fire Break On Through The End USD $12.77 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire stereo and Mono Promo 7" Mint USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors. Light My Fire. Archive Of Pop-Music No 1. Melodiya 1988. Russia, USSR USD $6.00 [0 bids]
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Light My Fire b/w The Crystal Ship Elektra EK-45615 VG USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire NEAR MINT 1967 ELEKTRA 45 & MINT ORIGINAL SLEEVE USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 3 CD BOX SET LIGHT MY FIRE EEC IMPORT ST 3606 USD $15.99 [0 bids]
USD $25.00 Buy It Now
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.38 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.38 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.38 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.38 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.38 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS Light My Fire 7" Vinyl JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA JET-1778 ORIGINAL 1ST SLEEVE USD $159.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS : THE BEST OF THE DOORS 2 CD FAT BOX THE END LIGHT MY FIRE RIDERS USD $9.71 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS light my fire RARE CD LIVE 1968-1970 in LA,NY,Boston,Philadelphia... USD $32.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - 7" 45 rpm vinyl record USD $9.34 [0 bids]
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" / "LOVE ME TWO TIMES" 7" 45rpm USD $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS S/T REMASTERED ELEKTRA GERMAN CD 1989 JIM MORRISON LIGHT MY FIRE USD $6.21 Buy It Now 3 days
7" THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Elektra EKSN 45014 UK 1967 USD $7.77 [0 bids]
THE THE DOORS-2 x 7" SINGLES-LIGHT MY FIRE, RIDERS ON THE STORM-PIC SLEEVES USD $4.66 [1 bids]
The Doors- Light My Fire- 1967 Sheet Music USD $1.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LP "S/T w LIGHT MY FIRE" ORIGINAL ELEKTRA STEREO VG++NM- USD $9.00 [1 bids]
LIGHT MY FIRE 60's Sheet music VARIOUS ARTISTS, THE DOORS,BOOKER T... USD $12.46 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE M- $60.00 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times [Single] [7 inch Vinyl Disc] by Doors (The)... USD $2.50 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS : LIGHT MY FIRE /PEOPLE ARE STRANGE RARE CANADA GOLD LABEL 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Light My Fire + Love Me Two Times (2 classic tracks) jukebox strip USD $2.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS - RIDERS ON THE STORM / LIGHT MY FIRE 7" OLD GOLD VINYL USD $13.22 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU FRENCH 45 TEST PRESSING 7" USD $89.00 Buy It Now 5 days
SNUKY TATE-Babylon Under Pressure-OR.REGGAE NM- LP! DOORS+"LIGHT MY FIRE" COVER! USD $0.99 [0 bids]
The Doors by The Doors 1970 Vinyl Elektra Records Lizard King Light My Fire USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
7" Single - Light My Fire, The Doors USD $1.56 [1 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire/Crystal Ship 45 (Elektra) VG++ Classic Psych HEAR USD $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times (classic rock w/jukebox strip USD $8.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS 2xCassette TAPES Classics / The Best Of The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE Jim USD $8.88 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-4 TRACK CD-MADE IN GERMANY-1967/1991-JIM MORRISON USD $6.93 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire b/w The Crystal Ship Original 1967 CANADIAN Pressing USD $10.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times" Electra Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $11.04 Buy It Now 6 days
Rock 45 The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire M- 45 RPM REISSUE USD $5.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors - Light My Fire, Russian Melodiya press USD $5.00 Buy It Now 7 days
45 RECORD 7" SINGLE - THE DOORS- LIGHT MY FIRE USD $5.39 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors 7" 45 rpm Record Light My Fire The Crystal Dream Elektra EK-45615-B USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors PSYCHEDELIC 45 (ELEKTRA 45615) Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship NM- USD $7.95 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS (2 CD) IN CONCERT : LIVE ~ LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END + JIM MORRISON 60's *NEW* USD $15.31 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $26.46 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS CD (1ST ALBUM) 11 TRACKS 1988 ELEKTRA 74007-2 LIGHT MY FIRE, THE END USD $5.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS self titled debut LP Vinyl Jim Morrison Break On Through Light My Fire USD $39.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $31.15 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Live Recording CD USD $15.56 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE CASSETTE SINGLE 1991 ISSUE USD $15.57 Buy It Now 9 days
Best of Doors, 2 CDs 1985, Light My Fire, Riders On Storm, LA Woman, Two Times USD $4.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors 45 Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times Elektra Records #E-45051 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 Elektra EK-45615 1967 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Doors-The Crystal Ship/Light My Fire-Elektra Records USD $2.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Best of the Doors 2 x CD Inc. Light My Fire,The End,L.A. Woman,Alabama Song USD $1.54 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL USD $10.11 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP SWEDEN 45 PS 7" USD $99.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE INC PEOPLE ARE STRANGE ELEKTRA 1991 USD $6.21 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS: self-titled (1st) cassette VG+ Morrison "Light My Fire" USD $5.40 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS 1988 RUSSIA USSR IMPORT PSYCH LP NM on MELODIA ~ Light My Fire USD $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
RARE FRENCH EP THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE USD $49.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Doors - Light My Fire MINT PS M- 1967 PROMO!!! USD $20.99 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Scarce Mint 1991 Cd Single USD $9.33 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" b/w "Crystal Ship" ELEKTRA 45 Red Black USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
? THE DOORS ? Greatest Hits 1980 Elektra 5E-515 Jim Morrison Light My Fire Vinyl USD $19.99 Buy It Now 11 days
OST ALTERED STATES 7" PS JAPAN THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE promo L381 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS Original Soundtrack Recording: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman++ USD $3.99 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 12 days
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $10.00 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS CD.LIGHT MY FIRE.JIM MORRISON..RARE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS Light My Fire 3CD Box Set inc. rare Live EEC Import Starlife not TMOQ USD $30.00 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $6.99 Buy It Now 13 days
The Doors CD. Light My Fire [Single] (CD, Jun-1992, Elektra) RARE JIM MORISSON USD $39.99 Buy It Now 13 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 13 days
The Doors - Debut Album 180g HQ LP NEW! SEALED! Light My Fire USD $24.88 Buy It Now 13 days
THE DOORS Classic Rock THE VERY BEST OF THE DOORS CD Light My Fire The End Madly USD $9.49 Buy It Now 13 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" 45rpm 1967 Elektra Records 45615 (Vinyl single) USED USD $7.95 Buy It Now 14 days
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $6.15 Buy It Now 14 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 14 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(40%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(20%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"