LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Light my fire by DoorsLight my fire by Doors
Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times by DoorsLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times by Doors
Elektra / Wea
Wea/Elektra Entertainment

THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE B/W CRYSTAL SHIP RARE ELEKTRA MAIDEN LABEL VG+ USD $22.50 [0 bids]
26m 38s
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.92 Buy It Now 4h 54m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.92 Buy It Now 5h 44m
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $6.86 Buy It Now 11h 42m
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 12h 4m
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 14h 55m
THE DOORS - 13 (Elektra 1970) - UNKNOWN SOLDIER / Light My Fire / BACK DOOR MAN USD $5.47 Buy It Now 15h 7m
THE DOORS ORIG.ELEKTRA 45*LIGHT MY FIRE/IHE CRYSTAL SHIP*RARE UNPLAYED*NEW*WOW USD $10.00 Buy It Now 15h 36m
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS [USED CD] USD $13.52 Buy It Now 20h 38m
DOORS VINYL 13 LP Vg+Vg+ hits 1970 ELEKTRA butterfly Early Copy LIGHT MY FIRE USD $22.99 Buy It Now 22h 6m
Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times [Single] [7 inch Vinyl Disc] by Doors The USD $4.25 Buy It Now 22h 13m
The Doors, 45 rpm, Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $7.50 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Self-Titled LP NM vinyl Jim Morrison Elektra Light My Fire 1st LP USD $6.99 [1 bids]
The Doors light my fire/crystal ship 45 rpm record USD $2.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.99 Buy It Now
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $26.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors New CD USD $15.08 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.92 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.92 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.92 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL USD $8.49 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - Light My Fire UK 1991 Elektra 7" Single P/S USD $13.06 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Greatest Hits CD Hello I Love You, Light My Fire, Touch Me, LA Woman USD $2.49 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Light My Fire LP Very Rare USSR (CCCP) Import C60 26467007 EX/EX USD $12.50 Buy It Now 3 days
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $9.52 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE VINYL EX/CON USD $1.29 [1 bids]
the doors Light my Fire Electra 45615 7" 45 USD $19.99 [0 bids]
LIGHT MY FIRE - TRIBUTE TO THE DOORS CD NEW+ IAN GILLAN/ROBERT GORDON/+ USD $25.13 Buy It Now 3 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $91.51 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $14.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS-"Light My Fire" Original 1967 45 - Excellent USD $2.50 [0 bids]
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER USD $6.52 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD - 1970'S USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - Light My Fire, Russian pressing, NM, 1991 USD $15.69 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 45 RECORD USD $2.50 [0 bids]
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $78.44 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors; Light my fire/The Crystal ship 45 rpm Elektra 45615 VG USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.49 Buy It Now
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors , remastered cd album- debut 1968 release ft Light My Fire USD $8.32 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship" Elektra JET-1778 Rare Japan 7" Single USD $54.00 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors debut LP 1980s pressing Light My Fire Back Door Man USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $12.00 Buy It Now
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD 45051 STEREO VG+/EX USD $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors 45 Light My Fire / Elektra USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS CD Jim Morrison Light My Fire Break on Through USD $3.50 [0 bids]
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 6 days
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $30.69 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP USD $4.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Astor Label USD $18.92 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_from AUS!_OH8d USD $9.08 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Hip-Pocket Records "Light My Fire" MINT Sealed in Envelope USD $38.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors by Various Artists USD $21.32 Buy It Now 7 days
NEW CHARTBUSTERS - HAIR GALT MacDERMOT LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS - LP USD $22.55 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS/LIGHT MY FIRE K12227 NM ELEKTRA 45 USD $9.15 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
VALLI Light my fire Ltd 45 80s Pop Synth Doors Hear USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS Set Of 3 Orig 60s Stock Psych 45s Jim Morrison Touch Me Light My Fire Rock USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record + juke box strip RARE! USD $22.69 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS CD.LIGHT MY FIRE.JIM MORRISON..RARE USD $7.67 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - RIDERS ON THE STORM / LIGHT MY FIRE - 7"45 VINYL RECORD PIC SLV 1981 USD $37.75 Buy It Now 8 days
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Light My Fire The Doors USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Elektra 45615 The Doors / "Light My Fire" / Rock & Roll / Psychedelic/ 45RPM USD $9.95 Buy It Now 8 days
TINA Tu m'as bien trop...(THE DOORS, Light my fire) CANADA 1969 FRENCH PSYCH 45 USD $19.18 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE RARE 12" PICTURE DISC PROMO JAPAN (THE BEST OF LP) NM USD $169.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors ~ light my fire - the crystal ship ~ juke box 45 ek-45615 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 8 days
RARE FRENCH EP THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE USD $49.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - RARE 7" 45 VINYL RECORD - 1967 USD $12.10 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 1967 PSYCH 7" Jim Morrison ELEKTRA USD $2.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $18.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS Hello, I Love You - Light My Fire 7" 45 P/S JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA SJET-1129 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS Light My Fire JAPAN 7" JET-1778 USD $44.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_J3a USD $37.08 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship rare 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Helmut Zacharias "Light My Fire" NM LP Doors~Beatles~Rolling Stones Covers Sexy USD $6.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire (Doors) / Que Sera - Old Gold OG9855 Ex Condition USD $6.47 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE c/w LOVE ME TWO TIMES" CLASSIC 60's SOUND LISTEN! USD $11.75 Buy It Now 11 days
ROCK ! 45 RECORD -THE DOORS EX - SPUN GOLD - LOVE ME TWO TIMES/LIGHT MY FIRE USD $6.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $13.87 Buy It Now 12 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors by Various Artists (CD,... USD $10.93 Buy It Now 12 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door / Va (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.87 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 60s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire JIM MORRISON VG+/EX USD $99.99 Buy It Now 12 days
The DOORS SONGBOOK, 'THE BEST OF THE DOORS' WORDS & MUSIC,INCL LIGHT MY FIRE USD $13.08 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ROCK 45 VG+ Elektra 45615 PINK LABEL USD $16.95 Buy It Now 12 days
AMII STEWART "LIGHT MY FIRE" 7" VINYL SINGLE RECORD 1979 THE DOORS FUNK SOUL POP USD $3.49 Buy It Now 12 days
The Doors, 45 rpm, Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $10.00 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, M- PS insert, w/ company sle USD $60.00 Buy It Now 12 days
JOSE' FELICIANO LIGHT MY FIRE CD DOORS BEATLES LENNON COVERS ETC. 18 SONGS USD $6.99 Buy It Now 13 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $22.21 Buy It Now 13 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"