LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" / "LOVE ME TWO TIMES" 7" 45rpm USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 26m
Lot of 2 The Doors CD's-Preowned Morrison Hotels light my fire USD $6.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $5.70 Buy It Now 10h 12m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $5.70 Buy It Now 10h 29m
THE DOORS-JIM MORRISON-3 LP'S-S/T (LIGHT MY FIRE)-13-AN AMERICAN PRAYER-GF USD $15.99 [1 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $5.70 Buy It Now 10h 59m
Doors People are strange Light my fire 1968 Japan USD $79.99 Buy It Now 11h 9m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $5.70 Buy It Now 11h 16m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $5.70 Buy It Now 11h 35m
The Doors-Light My Fire-45 RPM,1967,Elektra-Psychedelic Rock/Classic Rock USD $1.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.50 Buy It Now
THE DOORS Greatest Hits Cassette ELEKTRA - Jim Morrison LIGHT MY FIRE LA WOMAN USD $8.14 Buy It Now 14h 4m
The MIKE FLOWERS POP Wonderwall oasis Light My Fire doors cd singles USD $16.95 [0 bids]
45 RPM / THE DOORS / LIGHT MY FIRE / ELEKTRA USD $7.99 [0 bids]
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $7.50 [0 bids]
USD $10.00 Buy It Now
RARE The Doors Light My Fire- Break On Through- Flexi Disk-Hip Pocket Records 45 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
OZZIE Light My Fire-5 Track CD-The Doors Music Company-Radio/Long Duk Dong+more! USD $25.74 [0 bids]
DOORS "Light My Fire/ Crystal Ship" 1st Press "HIPPIE LABEL" ELEKTRA 45615 VG USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Amii Stewart "Light My Fire" by The Doors...Disco Version & 137 Disco Heaven Mix USD $5.55 [0 bids]
THE DOORS "Light My Fire b/w Crystal Ship" Original 1967 US 45RPM 7" Rock Single USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Riders On The Storm b/w Light My Fire 1981 45RPM Import 7" Rock Single USD $6.99 [0 bids]
The Doors, Light My Fire Cd Single Classic American Rock Ep cdsingle USD $6.24 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE The Doors Light My Fire- Break On Through Flexi Disk Hip Pocket Records 45 USD $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire - Russian Press EX USD $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD - 1970'S USD $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
45RPM The Doors The Crystal Ship/Light my Fire 032912EL USD $14.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Light My Fire by The Doors Rare Elektra Label 7" 45rpm NM!! USD $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
VG+ The Doors Light My Fire / Crystal Ship Elektra EK 45615 7" 45 w/ Co. Sleeve USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
45RPM The Doors - The Crystal Ship/Light my Fire ORIGINAL JACKET!!! USD $5.00 [0 bids]
the doors "light my fire" 45 single vinyl USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors ?- Light My Fire Iran Press Vinyl 7" Rare 45 M & NM Free Shipping USD $406.66 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE", LP, 1989, DUCHESSE, RARE! USD $45.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Best of NM 2 CD Light My Fire Crystal Ship L.A. Woman Riders on Storm USD $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Doors Greatest Hits CD The End Hello I Love You Break On Through Light My Fire USD $2.79 Buy It Now 2 days
CD #2 ONLY: DOORS "IN CONCERT" LIGHT MY FIRE, THE END, UNKNOWN SOLDIER GLORIA+ USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
OOP DOORS CD LIGHT MY FIRE ON STAGE EEC IMPORT LIVE JIM MORRISON Rock USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Doors "Light My Fire " LP EX Rare Russian Press USD $14.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / CRYSTAL SHIP 7" VINYL 1967 ORIGINAL RARE USD $33.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Elektra Records THE DOORS - 13 - Album LP Greatest Hits 1970 Light My Fire USD $11.95 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Light My Fire/ Crystal Ship 7" vinyl 45rpm Elektra 1st Press rock USD $16.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Doors - s/t 1967 Elektra 70's Butterfly Ed. LP Jim Morrison Light My Fire USD $20.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors / Light My Fire both sides / Promo 7" 45 USD $22.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors 13 VG+ 1970 Elektra RARE Orig Jim Morrison Light My Fire Touch Me USD $5.99 [0 bids]
USD $9.00 Buy It Now
The Doors CDBACKTRAX Series CD Single Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times Like New USD $7.29 [0 bids]
USD $9.74 Buy It Now
DOORS"LIGHT MY FIRE"(ARCHIV OF POP MUSIC vol.1)MELODIYA LP WHITE LABEL USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
JOSE' FELICIANO "LIGHT MY FIRE" BY THE DOORS ORIGINAL 1967 SHEET MUSIC USD $12.18 [0 bids]
VINYL 45 RPM THE DOORS The Crystal Ship/Light My Fire ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS, "LIGHT MY FIRE", 1ST PRESS, EX USD $0.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire 7 Inch Vinyl Record USD $45.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45' USD $19.00 Buy It Now 4 days
JOSE FELICIANO EP MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 RCA * (THE DOORS) LIGHT MY FIRE * USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEST OF THE DOORS - The Doors - 2-DISCS w/Light My Fire, People Are Strange USD $6.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS SHEET MUSIC BOOK. LIGHT MY FIRE ETC USD $5.66 [0 bids]
The Doors-7" Vinyl-Light My Fire-Elektra-ESKN 45014-65-1967-Ex/Ex- USD $28.14 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 7" Record Store Day RSD 2010 Limited New ELEKTRA USD $17.50 Buy It Now 5 days
LIGHT MY FIRE & THE CRYSTAL SHIP - THE DOORS - ELEKTRA - 45 RPM WITH SLEEVE USD $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS - 13 LP EX!!! UK ELEKTRA K42062 LIGHT MY FIRE USD $20.31 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors Greatest Hits Cassette 1980 Electra 5C-5515 Ex Light My Fire LA Woman USD $14.59 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS light my fire EK-45615 ELEKTRA US ORIGINAL 45 psych USD $10.62 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS light my fire EK-45615 US WHITE & RED LABEL 45 the crystal ship VG+ USD $15.30 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Doors Hits Ep Love Her Madly/Riders/Touch Me/Light My Fire w/PS Australia USD $35.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors s/t Red Label Light My Fire Elektra EKS-74007 Stereo USD $8.99 [0 bids]
USD $14.99 Buy It Now
The Doors-"Light My Fire" 1st Press Classic Rock Old Electra label 1967 USD $3.99 [0 bids]
USD $5.19 Buy It Now
V.A Estereofonia "The doors light my fire - Joe Reisman" Stereo Magic" 8LPs VG USD $9.15 Buy It Now 6 days
Baccara, Light my fire (Doors) 11:40, Disco, German RCA PL28330, 1978 USD $19.00 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS:Light My Fire 2:52-Love Me Two Times-U.S. 7" 72 PRC Philips Test Pressing USD $398.98 Buy It Now 6 days
JOSE FELICIANO - Portrait The Best Of LP Telstar 1985 DOORS COVER light my fire USD $11.99 Buy It Now 6 days
1967 Philco Ford Hip Pocket Record THE DOORS Light My Fire HP-9 SEALED USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
CD THE DOORS GREATEST HITS with LIGHT MY FIRE and HELLO I LOVE YOU and more USD $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / CRYSTAL SHIP (45) - ELEKTRA RECORDS - EK45615 - 1967 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Re 45 The DOORS - Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times w/ Spun Gold strip VG++ USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $6.99 Buy It Now
DOORS - Light My Fire/Crystal Ship - 45 rpm - Elektra EK-45615 - 1967 - VG USD $10.97 [0 bids]
n21216 CD - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CD352036 - 1988 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS - THEIR DEBUT LP-FEATURING THE 6:50 MINUTE LONG "LIGHT MY FIRE"-1967" USD $18.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS " LIGHT MY FIRE " THE GREATEST HITS - EPIC 1970 - MEXICAN - EP 7' USD $19.20 Buy It Now 8 days
A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Light My Fire Mexican Edition CD USD $10.99 Buy It Now 8 days
RECORD THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE Russian Album NM USD $29.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors: Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship 45 with Elektra Sleeve USD $9.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va (2014, CD New) USD $13.80 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE c/w LOVE ME TWO TIMES" MONSTER 60's SOUND LISTEN! USD $14.06 Buy It Now 9 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (2-Disc CD) "Light My Fire" *COMPLETE* USD $16.08 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS: LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES rare ELEKTRA 45 clean VG+ USD $6.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $14.32 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $18.99 Buy It Now 10 days
ROCK 45 - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - US ORIG ELEKTRA 45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire - 4 track cd-single Germany - 1991 Jim Morrison live USD $9.00 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS:Light My Fire 6:30-Take It As It Comes-Crystal Ship-France7"Elektra EP PCV USD $264.98 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 45 ('67 2nd pressing label, few light sleev USD $18.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS 2xCassette TAPES Classics / The Best Of The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE Jim USD $8.88 Buy It Now 10 days
? The Doors - 13 (green Butterfly Elektra 74079) (with "Light My Fire") ('70) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS Japan 1981 NM 7"45 LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO I LOVE YOU from OST USD $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors "Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times" 45 RPM w/ Juke Strip USD $8.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 2:52 / LIGHT MY FIRE 6:52 45 RPM RECORD STORE DAY NEW USD $24.95 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA RECORDS VG++ USD $8.00 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA RECORDS MINT- USD $15.00 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors - Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 7" VG+ condition USD $7.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS ENCIENDE MI FUEGO / EL BARCO DE CRISTAL Light my fire ARGENTINA 7" USD $41.17 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS "LOVE ME TWO TIMES c/w LIGHT MY FIRE" MONSTER 60's PHSYC LISTEN! USD $14.06 Buy It Now 11 days
Doors 45 Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times (Psych) Listen EX USD $6.00 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(40%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(20%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Send comments to NotAProghead (BETA) | Report this review (#594427) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 22, 2011

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"