LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
DOORS Light My Fire 45rpm 7DOORS Light My Fire 45rpm 7" EK 45615 Vinyl VG+ Quite Early
byfrm_me
Vinyl$19.19 (used)
Light my fire by DoorsLight my fire by Doors
Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times by DoorsLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times by Doors
Wea/Elektra Entertainment
Wea/Elektra Entertainment

VALLI Light my fire Ltd 45 80s Pop Synth Doors Hear USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 46m
THE DOORS Light my fire/The crystal ship 7" Italian JB WL PRO 45 1967 Psych USD $49.99 [0 bids]
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $13.53 Buy It Now 10h 30m
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors by Various Artists (CD,... USD $10.93 Buy It Now 11h 26m
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door / Va (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.53 Buy It Now 11h 31m
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 60s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire JIM MORRISON VG+/EX USD $99.99 Buy It Now 14h 30m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 20h 19m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 20h 51m
The DOORS SONGBOOK, 'THE BEST OF THE DOORS' WORDS & MUSIC,INCL LIGHT MY FIRE USD $12.57 Buy It Now 21h 28m
the doors Light my Fire Electra 45615 7" 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $21.36 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, M- PS insert, w/ company sle USD $60.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors- rare UK "Light My Fire"/"The Unknown Soldier" 1968 45 VG+ USD $2.50 [0 bids]
The Doors "Light My Fire" Ear Bud Headphones New USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS "LOVE ME TWO TIMES c/w LIGHT MY FIRE" MONSTER 60's PHSYC LISTEN! USD $11.30 Buy It Now 2 days
45RPM The Doors The Crystal Ship/Light my Fire 032912EL USD $19.98 Buy It Now 2 days
ROCK ! 45 RECORD -THE DOORS EX - SPUN GOLD - LOVE ME TWO TIMES/LIGHT MY FIRE USD $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors "Light My Fire"/ "Love Me Two Times" Vinyl Record 45 USD $8.98 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of the Doors - 2 CD Set - Light My Fire, Break On Through, L.A. Woman USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors 45 Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times Elektra Records #E-45051 MINT USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $62.78 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me 2 Times SPUN GOLD 45 RPM RECORD VG++ USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Light My Fire Doors.=Tribute= Audio CD USD $21.39 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS VINYL 13 LP Vg+Vg+ hits 1970 ELEKTRA butterfly Early Copy LIGHT MY FIRE USD $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 'LIGHT MY FIRE" 7 INCH 45 1972 USD $11.18 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Hello I Love You ~ Two 45 rpm Records USD $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - ELEKTRA, RARE 12" LIMITED EDITION USD $10.04 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45' USD $19.00 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS 45s Lot (3) Light My Fire /Love Me Two Times/Wishful Sinful ELEKTRA USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $10.99 Buy It Now
THE DOORS - Light my fire - 45 usa 60s Psych Rock Jim Morrison OOP L@@K USD $9.87 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS The Crystal Ship/ Light My Fire ELEKTRA 45615 USD $1.99 [0 bids]
Doors-Light My fire-LP/USSR,New,UNPLAYED!Rare!Russian Press! USD $19.00 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - 1991 7" P/S - BUY 3 7"S & PAY POSTAGE FOR 1 ANY COUNTRY USD $6.28 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS: Hello, I Love You / Light My Fire 45 (Japan, PS 'backflaps' cover, Golde USD $40.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Doors Record - The Crystal Ship/Light My Fire - Elektra Records EK-45615-B USD $1.99 [0 bids]
5 VTG The Doors 45 Records Light My Fire Touch Me Hello I Love You Love Me 2X ++ USD $36.00 Buy It Now 5 days
*RARE* 1970'S THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME 2 TIMES 45 RPM RECORD +SLEEVE USD $13.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE Stereo & Mono PROMO 7" 45 RPM promotional USD $13.64 Buy It Now 5 days
Various Artists - Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors CD USD $15.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Vintage Spun Gold Elektra Doors Light My Fire Love Me Two Time 45 Record Vinyl USD $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 60s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire EX JIM MORRISON 45 USD $129.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - RARE 1967 AUSSIE 7'' SINGLE - PSYCH USD $22.32 Buy It Now 5 days
"THE DOORS" HELLO! LIGHT MY FIRE EP 45RPM ISRAEL PRESS PICTURE SLEEVE 4 TRACKS USD $39.90 [0 bids]
DOORS:Light My Fire 2:52-Love Me Two Times-U.S. 7" 72 PRC Philips Test Pressing USD $398.98 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS: BEST OF Elektra 2CD set 19 trax inc.Light My Fire, Strange Days USD $8.79 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / People Are Strange .. 1991 Elektra 45rpm USD $1.26 [1 bids]
AMII STEWART "LIGHT MY FIRE" 7" VINYL SINGLE RECORD 1979 THE DOORS FUNK SOUL POP USD $2.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS / Light My Fire Mono/Stereo / Promo 45 & Elektra Sleeve / Mint USD $22.50 Buy It Now 6 days
Doors Hits Ep Love Her Madly/Riders/Touch Me/Light My Fire w/PS Australia USD $31.49 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS - The Doors - CD Album *Light My Fire, Break On Through* USD $2.82 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors - THE DOORS 'Light My Fire', 1988 CD, DUCHESSE label. Excellent USD $3.39 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 7" Record Store Day Promo LIGHT MY FIRE Stereo & Mono Jim Morrison RSD USD $45.00 Buy It Now 7 days
3 FOR 1 THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA 45615 1967 LIGHT FIRE GOLD LOVE HER USD $16.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times 45 RPM Record Used Rock USD $6.95 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - WAITING FOR SUN & SELF TITLED 2 CD 's Light My Fire Hello I Love You USD $8.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors Light my fire 45 collectors USD $100.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (rare pink Elektra label) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Greatest Hits VINYL LP Robby Krieger Light My Fire LA Autograph SIGNED USD $159.99 Buy It Now 8 days
1987 THE DOORS: Live at the Hollywood Bowl PROMO LP 60741-1 Light My Fire NM USA USD $25.00 [0 bids]
8 TRACK TAPES / THE DOOR'S .L.A.WOMAN.AND LIGHT MY FIRE AND MUCH MORE HITS USD $1.00 [0 bids]
USD $3.00 Buy It Now
Doors - Light my fire (compilation, 11 tracks, #352036d) - Doors CD NYVG USD $8.08 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors ?- Light My Fire On Stage 1968+1970 CD - EX/EX CD 120 USD $8.79 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" ORIGINAL & DELETED CD ***JIM MORRISON USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS / LIGHT MY FIRE (M-) OR (NM) TWO SIDED PROMO "MONO AND STEREO" USD $18.00 [0 bids]
The Doors ?- Raiders On The Storm / Light My Fire 7/45 PORTUGAL 1972 EX USD $60.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Doors: Greatest Hits, CD 1996 Light My Fire, Riders On Storm, Touch Me, ENHANCED USD $3.00 Buy It Now 9 days
NANCY HOLLOWAY LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS COVER) 7" VINYL EX *RARE BULGARIAN EP* USD $18.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (2-Disc CD) "Light My Fire" *COMPLETE* USD $12.08 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS Light My Fire /Break On Through 45 RPM Flexi Disc Hip Pocket Record HP 9 USD $22.49 Buy It Now 9 days
Light My Fire-classic Rock Salute to the Door / Va - V/A New & Sealed CD-JEWEL C USD $17.95 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS:Light My Fire 6:30-Take It As It Comes-Crystal Ship-France7"Elektra EP PCV USD $274.98 Buy It Now 10 days
? The Doors - 13 (green Butterfly Elektra 74079) (with "Light My Fire") ('70) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire JIM MORRISON PUNK GROUP ROCK 45 RPM RECORD VG++ USD $16.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship" Elektra JET-1778 Rare Japan 7" Single USD $50.00 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors "S/T" w/ Break On Through, Light My Fire, The End, Soul Kitchen USD $4.00 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS 13 Greatest Hits Jim Morrison 8-Track tape Classic Rock LIGHT MY FIRE USD $14.95 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS Hip-Pocket Records "Light My Fire" MINT Sealed in Envelope USD $36.99 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP SINGLE VINYL RECORD 7" USD $9.68 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE EXTRA RARE RUSSIAN PRESSING 1989 VG+/EX- USD $17.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Doors - Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 7" 45 Vinyl Single VG+ Condition EK-45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS: Light My Fire/ Love Me Two Times RARE CANADA GOLD ELEKTRA 45 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 12 days
VINYL 45 Terry Dan - Light My Fire ( Doors cover ) prod. by Jeff Tyzik USD $5.99 Buy It Now 12 days
LOT of 2 60's ROCK 45 RPM - THE DOORS - ELEKTRA 45615 & 45635 - "LIGHT MY FIRE" USD $12.00 Buy It Now 12 days
* * SCARCE 1st pressing ELEKTRA GIRL DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP" 45!! USD $12.99 Buy It Now 12 days
* * SCARCE 1967 pressing DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP" VG/VG+ 45/sleeve USD $6.99 Buy It Now 12 days
* * JOSE FELICIANO #3 HIT "LIGHT MY FIRE" w/SLEEVE +BONUS DOORS ORIGINAL VERSION USD $7.99 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 12 days
The Best of The Doors Double Play Cassette Tape Jim Morrison End Light My Fire USD $4.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Doors, Light My Fire, Russian Edition 33 1/3 Rpm, By Melodia, Good Vinyl USD $15.30 Buy It Now 14 days
* * UNPLAYED MINT GEM DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" RHINO MONO/STEREO PROMO 45/SLEEVE! USD $17.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Doors ?- Light My Fire / ????? ?? ??? ????? LP USD $7.90 Buy It Now 14 days
The Doors - Debut Album 180g HQ LP NEW! SEALED! Light My Fire USD $21.15 Buy It Now 14 days
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Wynton Kelly Trio 45 Light My Fire 1968 Soul-Jazz The Doors VG++ USD $25.00 Buy It Now 14 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE M- $60.00 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 14 days
1967 DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" 45 rpm 7" USD $8.99 Buy It Now 14 days
SILVER BLUE Light My Fire 45 7" NM US DANCE COVER ON THE DOORS CLASSIC LISTEN USD $5.98 Buy It Now 15 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"