LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light my fireLight my fire
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
Light my fireLight my fire
Audio CD$14.24 (used)
The Doors Light My Fire 45 RPM USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 11m
The DOORS Vinyl LP 13 (Incl Light My Fire, People Are Strange) USD $17.56 Buy It Now 5h 24m
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times" Electra Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $9.72 Buy It Now 5h 51m
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $6.48 Buy It Now 5h 51m
THE DOORS Greatest Hits CD Hello I Love You, Light My Fire, Touch Me, LA Woman USD $2.49 [1 bids]
THE TEMPLETON TWINS - Light My Fire / Spinning Wheel 7" DOORS COVER Vault Record USD $3.99 Buy It Now 6h 7m
The Doors - Light My Fire - German Press CD Boot USD $4.39 Buy It Now 7h 22m
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 11h 9m
45 rpm Record The Doors Light My Fire and The Crystal Ship Good Cond. USD $4.95 Buy It Now 11h 41m
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 17h 3m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $7.69 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $24.89 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 45 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS light my fire RARE CD LIVE 1968-1970 in LA,NY,Boston,Philadelphia... USD $28.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors s/t DCC Gold Disc Steve Hoffman Light My Fire USD $50.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Light My Fire/Break On Through 1968 45 Flexi Mono Single Rare USD $45.00 [0 bids]
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $29.30 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS=LIGHT MY FIRE P/C EX- USD $1.45 [1 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 vg Elektra 1967 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS The Doors HQ 180g US Vinyl LP Sealed Light My Fire Morrison Hotel USD $29.38 [0 bids]
The Doors 7" 45 rpm Record Light My Fire The Crystal Dream Elektra EK-45615-B USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Light My Fire 45 Single 1967 Mono 1st Pressing NM To M USD $25.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Astor Label USD $19.08 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS/LIGHT MY FIRE K12227 NM ELEKTRA 45 USD $10.25 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS/LIGHT MY FIRE K12227 NM ELEKTRA 45 USD $11.72 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL USD $9.51 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Doors: Light My fire / The crystal ship. Swedish issue USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS DEBUT ALBUM CD BREAK ON THROUGH THE END LIGHT MY FIRE ALABAMA CRYSTAL USD $5.84 Buy It Now 3 days
3 FOR 1 THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA 45615 1967 LIGHT FIRE GOLD LOVE HER USD $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS light my fire JAPAN 45 PS USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Doors ~45~ Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ~ Elektra 45615 ~ M- USD $8.95 Buy It Now 3 days
45 RECORD 7"- THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE & THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 1988 RUSSIA USSR IMPORT PSYCH LP NM on MELODIA ~ Light My Fire USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $5.52 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS 7" SINGLE PROMO LIGHT MY FIRE / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE 1991 ELECTRA LABEL USD $5.84 [0 bids]
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 4 days
n21216 CD - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CD352036 - 1988 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $14.95 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors-Light My Fire-Electra Spun Gold STEREO issue-NICE! USD $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $13.14 Buy It Now 5 days
Doors/Light My Fire+ 1 (Japan 3" CD/SEALED) USD $159.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD - 1970'S USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
CD SINGLE - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE USD $1.46 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 2xCassette TAPES Classics / The Best Of The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE Jim USD $8.88 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS CD Jim Morrison Light My Fire Break on Through USD $4.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors , remastered cd album- debut 1968 release ft Light My Fire USD $8.39 Buy It Now 6 days
VALLI Light my fire Rare Ltd 7 80s Girl Pop Synth Doors Listen USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" 1991 WEA RECORDS 7" single PSYCH / GARAGE- ROCK USD $1.45 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 1991 UK PRESS 3 TRACK 12" VINYL RECORD EP EX/EX USD $4.69 [3 bids]
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS 1967 ELEKTRA EKS-74007 Stereo Light My Fire w/Gold Label Record Album USD $21.95 [0 bids]
ODD Vintage Ford Philco Hip Pocket 4" The Doors Record Light My Fire Break On USD $17.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times USA 7" Elektra Spun Gold jukebox USD $9.21 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE Elektra UK later pr 45 EX USD $7.31 Buy It Now 7 days
JOSE FELICIANO LIGHT MY FIRE ( doors) / QUE SERA old gold 9855 EX+........ 45rpm USD $9.52 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS: Light My Fire (Rare Japanese issue) USD $1.45 [0 bids]
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS 45615 G/-VG USD $2.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS CD.LIGHT MY FIRE.JIM MORRISON..RARE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors Soundtrack CD NEW SEALED Riders On The Storm/Light My Fire/LA Woman+ USD $7.31 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE CASSETTE SINGLE 1991 ISSUE USD $14.65 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors Self-Titled CD NEW SEALED Remastered Light My Fire/Break On Through+ USD $7.31 Buy It Now 8 days
JOSE' FELICIANO LIGHT MY FIRE CD DOORS BEATLES LENNON COVERS ETC. 18 SONGS USD $6.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors - Light My Fire 7" single EX USD $6.59 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record + juke box strip RARE! USD $22.89 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 USD $4.95 Buy It Now 8 days
VINYL 45 Terry Dan - Light My Fire ( Doors cover ) prod. by Jeff Tyzik USD $7.99 Buy It Now 8 days
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS NEW CD USD $14.94 Buy It Now 8 days
THE BEST OF THE DOORS ORIG LP 1973 QUAD.A3/B3. EX WAX.EX COVER."LIGHT MY FIRE" USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CASSETTE SINGLE 1991 - ELEKTRA EKR125C - 7559648774 USD $7.31 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE RARE 12" PICTURE DISC PROMO JAPAN (THE BEST OF LP) NM USD $169.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Light My Fire The Doors USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
TINA Tu m'as bien trop...(THE DOORS, Light my fire) CANADA 1969 FRENCH PSYCH 45 USD $19.95 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors Light My Fire The Crystal Ship 45 Record VG+ USD $7.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - RIDERS ON THE STORM / LIGHT MY FIRE 7" OLD GOLD VINYL PS USD $18.30 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" Ear Bud Headphones USD $13.63 Buy It Now 9 days
1967 THE DOORS 45 VINYL RECORD EK-45615 LIGHT MY FIRE CRYSTAL SHIP RED LABLE USD $12.74 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ROCK 45 VG+ Elektra 45615 PINK LABEL USD $18.95 Buy It Now 10 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors ~ light my fire - the crystal ship ~ juke box 45 ek-45615 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS Hello, I Love You - Light My Fire 7" 45 P/S JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA SJET-1129 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_J3a USD $37.39 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS ALIVE SHE CRIED~NM/NM- RARE RECORD CLUB ISSUE~SHRINK~INNER~LIGHT MY FIRE USD $18.50 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS : THE BEST OF THE DOORS 2 CD FAT BOX THE END LIGHT MY FIRE RIDERS USD $7.02 Buy It Now 12 days
Doors, Light My Fire, Russian Edition 33 1/3 Rpm, By Melodia, Good Vinyl USD $15.30 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE c/w LOVE ME TWO TIMES" MONSTER 60's SOUND LISTEN! USD $13.17 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 60s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire JIM MORRISON VG+/EX USD $99.99 Buy It Now 12 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"