LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

45vinylrecord Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship (745vinylrecord Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship (7"/45 rpm)
Elektra Records
Vinyl$2.99 (used)
Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Audio CD$59.99 (used)
Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
The Doors Light My Fire 45 Elektra First Pressing Jim Morrison The Crystal Ship USD $4.99 [2 bids]
VINYL 45 Terry Dan - Light My Fire ( Doors cover ) prod. by Jeff Tyzik USD $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 59m
THE DOORS 13 HITS IN SHRINK VG 1970 LIGHT MY FIRE/STICKER USD $4.99 [0 bids]
The Doors-Light My Fire-Electra Spun Gold STEREO issue-NICE! USD $7.99 [0 bids]
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE c/w LOVE ME TWO TIMES" MONSTER 60's SOUND LISTEN! USD $13.45 Buy It Now 19h 13m
The Doors - The Doors incl. "The End" & "Light My Fire" USD $2.24 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s3449 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors People are strange Light my fire 1968 Japan USD $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Greatest Hits Cassette ELEKTRA - Jim Morrison LIGHT MY FIRE LA WOMAN USD $7.76 Buy It Now 1 day
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $5.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Jim Morrison Light My Fire 45rpm FRAMED w/ photo The Doors USD $9.95 [0 bids]
AMI STEWART RED VINYL 12" SINGLE LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS B/W AM I LOSING YOU USD $0.99 [0 bids]
The Doors CD's Lot 2 Morrison Hotels light my fire Jim Morrison Classic Rock USD $5.39 Buy It Now 1 day
VALLI Light my fire Rare Ltd 7 80s Girl Pop Synth Doors Listen USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
45 Single 7" The Doors The Crystal Ship/Light My Fire by Elektra #EK-45615 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA 45615 1967 USD $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.66 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.66 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.66 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.66 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.66 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors, Light My Fire Cd Single Classic American Rock Ep cdsingle USD $5.97 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Soundtrack CD NEW SEALED Riders On The Storm/Light My Fire/LA Woman+ USD $7.46 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS s/t vintage '67 Elektra LP (jim morrison/light my fire) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Russian Press EX USD $20.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ROCK 45 VG+ Elektra 45615 PINK LABEL USD $22.95 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ROCK 45 Elektra 45615 USD $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 7" Record Store Day RSD 2010 Limited New ELEKTRA USD $17.50 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS "LOVE ME TWO TIMES c/w LIGHT MY FIRE" MONSTER 60's PHSYC LISTEN! USD $13.45 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD - 1970'S USD $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
45RPM The Doors The Crystal Ship/Light my Fire 032912EL USD $19.98 Buy It Now 2 days
1/6/91Pgn54 Advert: The Doors 'light My Fire B/w People Are Strange 15x5" USD $10.46 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS Light My Fire 7" Edit B/w People Are Strange Pic Sleeve UK ISSUE PRESSED USD $7.84 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Doors 1st press Light my Fire electra 45615 USD $24.99 [0 bids]
The Doors ?- Light My Fire Iran Press Vinyl 7" Rare 45 M & NM Free Shipping USD $387.67 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS (Jim Morrison) CD Classic 1967 Debut Light My Fire, Break On Through USD $2.49 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / CRYSTAL SHIP 7" VINYL 1967 ORIGINAL RARE USD $33.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS - THE CRYSTAL SHIP // LIGHT MY FIRE - ORIGINAL VG+VG++ USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors 45 RPM Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship Elektra Sleeve 45615 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
The Doors / Light My Fire both sides / Promo 7" 45 USD $22.00 Buy It Now 4 days
1967 THE DOORS 45 LIGHT MY FIRE / CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA # EK-45615 PINK LABEL USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" / "LOVE ME TWO TIMES" 7" 45rpm USD $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS CD Jim Morrison Light My Fire Break on Through USD $4.00 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS -the 13 Greatest Hits LP Record Vinyl NEAR MINT Best Of Light My Fire 1970 USD $14.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEST OF THE DOORS 1973 ORIG SEALED LP 6E 5035 LIGHT MY FIRE +OTHERS USD $39.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45' USD $19.00 Buy It Now 4 days
OOP DOORS CD LIGHT MY FIRE ON STAGE EEC IMPORT LIVE JIM MORRISON Rock USD $22.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS - The Doors featuring "Light My Fire" - Cassette - Elektra - M 54007 USD $15.89 Buy It Now 5 days
Doors-2 records-45 RPM-Light My Fire and Hello, I Love You-Electra-1967/1968 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
2 Doors Promo 45's Love Me Two Times/Moonlight Drive Light My Fire/ Crystal Ship USD $8.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire/Break On Through 1968 45 Flexi Mono Single Rare USD $45.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Self Titled inc Light My Fire & The Crystal Ship + CD USD $5.61 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS-13 1970 ELEKTRA RECORDS LP EKS-74079 IN SHRINK VG++ LIGHT MY FIRE!! USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors Light My Fire b/w The Crystal Ship Elektra EK-45615 VG USD $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS 45 & Co Sleeve Light My Fire / Crystal Ship On Elektra USD $1.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS light my fire / love me two times JUKEBOX TITLE STRIP SPUN GOLD 45 USD $3.49 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Riders On The Storm / Light My Fire UK 7" in company sleeve Old Gold USD $7.46 Buy It Now 5 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors by Various Artists (CD,... USD $9.45 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors PSYCHEDELIC 45 (ELEKTRA 45615) Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship NM- USD $7.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS light my fire EK-45615 ELEKTRA US ORIGINAL 45 psych USD $12.50 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS light my fire EK-45615 US WHITE & RED LABEL 45 the crystal ship VG+ USD $18.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times Cd Single ELEKTRA Very Good!! USD $368.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS,LIGHT MY FIRE,RARE VINYL 12 INCH SINGLE USD $1.48 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA 45 USD $3.00 [0 bids]
Doors Hits Ep Love Her Madly/Riders/Touch Me/Light My Fire w/PS Australia USD $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship - ELEKTRA 1967 Original Issue USD $22.44 [0 bids]
V.A Estereofonia "The doors light my fire - Joe Reisman" Stereo Magic" 8LPs VG USD $8.86 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS:Light My Fire 2:52-Love Me Two Times-U.S. 7" 72 PRC Philips Test Pressing USD $398.98 Buy It Now 6 days
JOSE FELICIANO - Portrait The Best Of LP Telstar 1985 DOORS COVER light my fire USD $11.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Greatest Hits Cassette 1980 Electra 5C-5515 Ex Light My Fire LA Woman USD $6.70 Buy It Now 7 days
n21216 CD - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CD352036 - 1988 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 7 days
VARIOUS - LIGHT MY FIRE - ROCK SALUTE TO DOORS (CD) RUNDGREN HOWE JOHANSEN... USD $1.48 [1 bids]
DOORS Hello, I Love You - Light My Fire 7" 45 P/S JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA SJET-1129 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE CASSETTE SINGLE 1991 ISSUE USD $14.96 Buy It Now 7 days
NANCY HOLLOWAY LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) 7" VINYL VG *VERY RARE BULGARIAN EP* USD $25.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 1979 ELEKTRA REISSUE 7-inch, company sleeve USD $1.48 [0 bids]
The Doors 7" 45 rpm Record Light My Fire The Crystal Dream Elektra EK-45615-B USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $8.84 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire ELEKTRA 45 USD $9.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS "BEST OF" USA PRESS CD LIGHT MY FIRE L.A. WOMAN BREAK ON THROUGH USD $5.97 [0 bids]
THE DOORS " LIGHT MY FIRE " THE GREATEST HITS - EPIC 1970 - MEXICAN - EP 7' USD $19.20 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Lot of 3 45rpm Singles - Light My Fire / Hello, I Love You / Touch Me USD $12.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors Love Me Two Times Light My Fire 45 Vinyl Record Classic Rock Morrison USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors Touch Me Hello I Love You Light My Fire Me Two Times 45 PROMO Sleeves USD $12.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - CD Single USD $5.98 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS CD ALBUM DIGITALLY REMASTERED / LIGHT MY FIRE, + 11 MINUTE 'THE END' USD $2.98 [0 bids]
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $7.91 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Scarce Mint 1991 Cd Single USD $10.46 Buy It Now 10 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va (2014, CD New) USD $13.67 Buy It Now 10 days
ROBBY KRIEGER ORGANIZATION - RKO Live! CD - Doors Guitarist - Light My Fire ... USD $12.71 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Jose Feliciano - Feliciano! LP Light my Fire California Dreaming Beatles Doors USD $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (2-Disc CD) "Light My Fire" *COMPLETE* USD $13.67 Buy It Now 10 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $12.29 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $18.99 Buy It Now 10 days
ROCK 45 - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - US ORIG ELEKTRA 45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl USD $104.69 Buy It Now 10 days
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $49.99 Buy It Now 10 days
LP l.a. woman (the workshop sessions)
THE DOORS
~ USD $26.14

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(40%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(20%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"