LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times by DoorsLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times by Doors
Wea/Elektra Entertainment
Wea/Elektra Entertainment

THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.99 Buy It Now
THE DOORS 1ST ALBUM 2007 REMASTER LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $4.98 [0 bids]
RAY MANZAREK - MY LIFE WITH THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - 1989 HARDBACK MINT USD $9.98 Buy It Now 3h 40m
The Doors "S/T" w/ Break On Through, Light My Fire, The End, Soul Kitchen USD $4.00 Buy It Now 5h 42m
The DOORS Light My Fire Russian LP USD $13.99 Buy It Now 6h 50m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 11m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 9h 31m
THE DOORS Light My Fire 1991 UK 3-track 12" Vinyl Single EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $18.73 Buy It Now 14h 2m
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 16h 18m
LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES--THE DOORS 1972 ELEKTRA *SPUN GOLD* 45 REISSUE USD $5.00 Buy It Now 18h 9m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 12 INCH 45 RPM EKR125 (T) RECORD USD $19.98 Buy It Now 18h 53m
AMII STEWART "LIGHT MY FIRE" 7" VINYL SINGLE RECORD 1979 THE DOORS FUNK SOUL POP USD $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors-Light My Fire CD Single USD $1.61 [1 bids]
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD - 7" USD $3.00 [0 bids]
USD $12.00 Buy It Now
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 NEAR MINT 1960's ELEKTRA * HEAR IT USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Hello RARE 7" PROMO Test Pressing ELEKTRA ARCHIVE 1973 USD $349.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship - ELEKTRA 45 RPM 7" VINYL USD $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $8.49 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS MEGA RARE ISRAELI 7" LIGHT MY FIRE ISRAEL ONLY EP-IE 1022 VG+ 4 TRACKS USD $300.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 45 1967. Original UK Release. Elektra Label USD $7.48 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light my fire/The crystal ship 7" Italian JB WL PRO 45 1967 Psych USD $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS 7 PS Light My Fire Italy MEGA RARE Vedette VRN 34081 nice UNIQUE COVER 45 USD $118.68 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS 7' PS Light My Fire Holland VOGUE HV 2097 VERY RARE UNIQUE COVER Dutch 45 USD $81.20 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS 7'' PS Light My Fire Sweden VERY RARE KFF 715 UNIQUE Swedish COVER 45 USD $87.45 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $62.40 Buy It Now 2 days
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $4.93 Buy It Now 2 days
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $24.52 Buy It Now 2 days
ELEKTRA 45 RECORD/THE DOORS/LIGHT MY FIRE/CRYSTAL SHIP/ VG+ USD $6.99 [0 bids]
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $87.44 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS Light My Fire USSR Pressing Rare LP STEREO USD $2.99 [0 bids]
RARE FRENCH EP THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE USD $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Doors/Light My Fire+ 1 (Japan 3" CD/SEALED) USD $159.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $23.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $74.95 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Alive She Cried CD Germany Elektra OOP live Light My Fire 7559-60269-2 USD $2.00 [1 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire 1991 UK 3-track 12" Vinyl Single INCLUDING FREE POSTER USD $22.47 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors , remastered cd album- debut 1968 release ft Light My Fire USD $8.44 Buy It Now 4 days
Elektra 45615 The Doors / "Light My Fire" / Rock & Roll / Psychedelic/ 45RPM USD $9.49 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / Cassette Album Tape / UK 1991 Single / 4308 USD $8.73 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $9.79 Buy It Now 4 days
LOT OF 4 ' THE DOORS ' HIT 45's+1P(Copy)[Light My Fire] THE 60's USD $6.99 [0 bids]
The Doors 7" 45 rpm Record Light My Fire /The Crystal Dream Elektra EK-45615-B USD $12.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE (FROM RADIO STOCK) LP USD $20.00 Buy It Now 5 days
MFD IN CANADA 1980 GOLD STANDARD ROCK 45 RPM THE DOORS : LIGHT MY FIRE + PEOPL USD $7.63 [0 bids]
USD $15.26 Buy It Now
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 5 days
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $30.53 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS 13 LP * 1970 Elektra Records 'Butterfly Label' Light My Fire, Touch Me USD $22.95 Buy It Now 5 days
VTG Set of 2 The Doors 45 rpms Vinyl Records, Light My Fire ~ Hello I Love You USD $2.50 [1 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire 1991 RARE 4-trk CD SINGLE USD $8.73 [1 bids]
DOORS - Light my fire unique cover Russia issue LP Melodiya USSR 1988 USD $18.71 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 6 days
"Light My Fire" & "The Crystal Ship" by The Doors 45 RPM Electra Records USD $2.50 [0 bids]
Vintage Doors*13*Elektra Records 1970 Light My Fire USD $19.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me 2 Times SPUN GOLD 45 RPM RECORD NM USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
NEW CHARTBUSTERS - HAIR GALT MacDERMOT LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS - LP USD $22.89 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ROCK 45 Vinyl Record PINK LABEL USD $8.95 Buy It Now 6 days
JOSE FELICIANO EP MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 * LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) * USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS Set Of 3 Orig 60s Stock Psych 45s Jim Morrison Touch Me Light My Fire Rock USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $10.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 7" UK USD $11.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / 7INCH USD $99.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Light My Fire The Doors USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors - THE DOORS 'Light My Fire', 1988 CD, DUCHESSE label. Excellent USD $3.37 [0 bids]
TINA Tu m'as bien trop...(THE DOORS, Light my fire) CANADA 1969 FRENCH PSYCH 45 USD $19.08 Buy It Now 8 days
3 Doors 45 RPM Records - Light My Fire, Touch Me & Hello, I Love You USD $7.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $16.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS. #1 HIT - LIGHT MY FIRE - CASSETTE SINGLE. NEAR MINT USD $1.29 Buy It Now 9 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" single - OZ AUSSIE PRESS ASTOR 1967 PSYCH AP- 1388 USD $15.32 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS Hello, I Love You Light My Fire 7" 45 P/S JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA SJET-1129 ^ USD $49.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors Self Titled CD 1967 Light My Fire Jim Morrison Made In Australia USD $19.69 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_J3a USD $37.64 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" 1ST DEBUT ALBUM REISSUE CASSETTE TAPE DUCHESSE 1989 USD $12.48 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE RARE 12" PICTURE DISC PROMO JAPAN (THE BEST OF LP) NM USD $169.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 7" JIM MORRISON Psych Blues Rock USD $2.49 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS 1988 RUSSIA USSR IMPORT PSYCH LP NM on MELODIA ~ Light My Fire USD $29.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire (Doors) / Que Sera - Old Gold OG9855 Ex Condition USD $6.18 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times - Vinyl 45 rpm - Elektra Oldies VG++ USD $11.88 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS s/t DEBUT album RED E Elektra EKS74007 LIGHT MY FIRE (No Barcode) USD $15.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS people are strange / light my fire GOLD STANDARD 45 USD $7.89 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-Crystal Ship-Sweden 7" 68 MO Metronome Records J45- 788 PSL USD $124.98 Buy It Now 10 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $15.02 Buy It Now 11 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va (2014, CD New) USD $15.25 Buy It Now 11 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door / Va (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.02 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, M- PS insert, w/ company sle USD $60.00 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU FRENCH 45 PS 7" USD $49.00 Buy It Now 12 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"