LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Audio CD$57.98 (used)
Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $29.99 Buy It Now 51m 57s
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va (2014, CD New) USD $14.37 Buy It Now 8h 38m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.62 Buy It Now 12h
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.62 Buy It Now 12h
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.62 Buy It Now 12h 17m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.62 Buy It Now 12h 17m
Jose Feliciano - Feliciano! LP Light my Fire California Dreaming Beatles Doors USD $19.99 Buy It Now 18h 26m
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (2-Disc CD) "Light My Fire" *COMPLETE* USD $12.86 Buy It Now 19h 17m
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $15.67 Buy It Now 21h 37m
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $18.99 Buy It Now 21h 46m
Doors, The - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship - Elektra EK-45615 45 RPM USD $5.29 Buy It Now 21h 56m
ROCK 45 - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - US ORIG ELEKTRA 45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 35m
DOORS:Light My Fire 6:30-Take It As It Comes-Crystal Ship-France7"Elektra EP PCV USD $264.98 Buy It Now 1 day
? The Doors - 13 (green Butterfly Elektra 74079) (with "Light My Fire") ('70) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire JIM MORRISON PUNK GROUP ROCK 45 RPM RECORD VG++ USD $16.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.26 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.26 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.26 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.26 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.26 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS 45 " Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship " ELEKTRA Canada 1967' USD $9.95 [1 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE EXTRA RARE RUSSIAN PRESSING 1989 VG+/EX- USD $24.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me 2 Times SPUN GOLD 45 RPM RECORD NM- USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE " ELEKTRA 45014 1967 USD $4.66 [0 bids]
45-Light My Fire-3 record Lot-*Doors*Feliciano*Watts 103rd St.*-VG+ USD $11.99 [0 bids]
Rock 45 The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra USD $7.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $11.05 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Seld-Titled CD NEW SEALED Remastered Light My Fire/Break On Through+ USD $7.75 Buy It Now 2 days
THE BEST OF THE DOORS CASSETTE TAPE ELECTRA/ASYLUM RECORDS 1985 LIGHT MY FIRE USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Amii Stewart "Light My Fire" by The Doors...Disco Version & 137 Disco Heaven Mix USD $3.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES. RARE U.S. ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD SINGLE USD $1.54 [1 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ROCK 45 VG+ Elektra 45615 PINK LABEL USD $18.95 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ROCK 45 Elektra 45615 USD $8.95 Buy It Now 2 days
45 RPM Vinyl The Doors Light My Fire,The Crystal Ship Elektra Records 45SM7 USD $13.49 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS The Doors (CD 1988) BREAK ON THROUGH Light My Fire THE END USD $2.33 [0 bids]
RARE 45 - THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE /THE CRYSTAL SHIP Pyshc Rock Listen USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door / Va (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.19 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS: Light My Fire ~ RARE 1968 FRENCH VOGUE PS ~ psych USD $10.50 [9 bids]
DOORS FIRST ALBUM MONO GOLD LABEL light my fire 1ST PRESS USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times" Electra Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $13.81 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors digitally remastered CD NEW Light My Fire Break On Through The End USD $12.43 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire stereo and Mono Promo 7" Mint USD $18.59 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS-2 LP'S-S/T (LIGHT MY FIRE)-WAITING FOR THE SUN-EARLY PRESSINGS-GOLD USD $19.99 [0 bids]
3 FOR 1 THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA 45615 1967 LIGHT FIRE GOLD LOVE HER USD $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Light My Fire Vinyl USD $15.53 [0 bids]
The Doors Vinyl LP Record. Elektra EKS-74007. Break on Through, Light my Fire USD $14.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP EK-45615 ORIGINAL ELECTRA LABEL. VG+ USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Love Me Two Times & Light My Fire On Elektra Spun Gold 45 Record USD $16.19 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors S/T LP, Light My Fire USD $6.00 [0 bids]
USD $11.00 Buy It Now
DOORS Light My Fire 7" Vinyl JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA JET-1778 ORIGINAL 1ST SLEEVE USD $159.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS : THE BEST OF THE DOORS 2 CD FAT BOX THE END LIGHT MY FIRE RIDERS USD $9.93 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE CASSETTE SINGLE 1991 ISSUE USD $15.53 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS light my fire RARE CD LIVE 1968-1970 in LA,NY,Boston,Philadelphia... USD $32.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS S/T REMASTERED ELEKTRA GERMAN CD 1989 JIM MORRISON LIGHT MY FIRE USD $6.20 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE 12" VINYL *RARE* LTD EDITION w/POSTER USD $29.90 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS self-titled s/t album 8 track tape Elektra ET-84007 End Light My Fire USD $14.50 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire/Break On Through 1968 45 Flexi Mono Single Rare USD $45.00 [0 bids]
LIGHT MY FIRE 60's Sheet music VARIOUS ARTISTS, THE DOORS,BOOKER T... USD $12.43 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE M- $60.00 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times [Single] [7 inch Vinyl Disc] by Doors (The)... USD $2.50 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors debut LP 1980s pressing Light My Fire Back Door Man USD $4.00 [0 bids]
USD $8.00 Buy It Now
THE DOORS : LIGHT MY FIRE /PEOPLE ARE STRANGE RARE CANADA GOLD LABEL 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors 7" 45 , Light My Fire, OLD ELEKTRA LABEL, The Crystal Ship,love street USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors 45 records lot 1,Classic Rock,8 total,Light My Fire and more! USD $9.95 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE/ CRYSTAL SHIP (DUTCH ELEKTRA HV 2097) 7"PS'67 N/MINT USD $29.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS- Light my Fire/People are Strange- 7" - 45RPM - EKR125- 1967 USD $1.54 [1 bids]
THE DOORS - RIDERS ON THE STORM / LIGHT MY FIRE 7" OLD GOLD VINYL USD $13.19 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU FRENCH 45 TEST PRESSING 7" USD $89.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire RARE PROMO Record Store Day RSD LIMITED EDITION VINYL USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors by The Doors 1970 Vinyl Elektra Records Lizard King Light My Fire USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-4 TRACK CD-MADE IN GERMANY-1967/1991-JIM MORRISON USD $6.75 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES 7" 45 EX USD $5.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" / "LOVE ME TWO TIMES" 7" 45rpm USD $8.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Rock 45 The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra USD $5.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS: self-titled (1st) cassette VG+ Morrison "Light My Fire" USD $5.40 Buy It Now 8 days
Doors - Light My Fire, Russian Melodiya press USD $5.00 Buy It Now 8 days
45 RECORD 7" SINGLE - THE DOORS- LIGHT MY FIRE USD $5.39 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS, "Light My Fire"/"Love Me Two Times" NEW 45rpm USD $9.98 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS (2 CD) IN CONCERT : LIVE ~ LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END + JIM MORRISON 60's *NEW* USD $14.91 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $26.39 Buy It Now 9 days
The DOORS, German 45 w/Picture Sleeve, LIGHT MY FIRE / The Crystal Ship, hit-ton USD $130.00 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Sweden w/ PS close to M-, centre in USD $75.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS 2xCassette TAPES Classics / The Best Of The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE Jim USD $8.88 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors s/t DCC Gold Disc Steve Hoffman Light My Fire USD $75.00 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $31.07 Buy It Now 10 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors by Various Artists (CD,... USD $12.95 Buy It Now 11 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 11 days
Doors-The Crystal Ship/Light My Fire-Elektra Records USD $2.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL USD $10.08 Buy It Now 11 days
Best of Doors, 2 CDs 1985, Light My Fire, Riders On Storm, LA Woman, Two Times USD $4.00 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP SWEDEN 45 PS 7" USD $99.00 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(40%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(20%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"