LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire [VHS]Light My Fire [VHS]
Atlantic / Wea 1991
VHS Tape$5.50
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 25m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 37m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 42m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 45m
n21216 CD - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CD352036 - 1988 USD $7.49 Buy It Now 3h 5m
THE DOORS Classic 1967 Début CD Self Titled 1988 reissue LIGHT MY FIRE THE END USD $9.38 Buy It Now 3h 46m
The Doors - Light My Fire / People Are Strange 1991 Japan 3" Single CD WMD5-4068 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 6h 32m
Meeting On Elbe. The Dead Head. 1993 SNC. Russia. Post-Punk. Doors Light My Fire USD $27.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - THEIR DEBUT LP-FEATURING THE 6:50 MINUTE LONG "LIGHT MY FIRE"-1967" USD $18.99 Buy It Now 16h 36m
OZZIE Light My Fire-5 Track CD-The Doors Music Company-Radio/Long Duk Dong+more! USD $2.99 [0 bids]
Doors CD The Very Best Of Light My Fire Riders on the Storm L.A. Woman The End USD $3.49 Buy It Now 17h 37m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE b/w CRYSTAL SHIP "GIRL" YELLOW ELEKTRA 45 USD $17.50 [0 bids]
The Doors "Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times" 45 RPM w/ Juke Strip USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
6 Lot The Doors 45's 1 Picture Sleeve Touch Me Light My Fire Hello I Love You USD $4.88 [1 bids]
THE DOORS: THE DOORS SELF TITLED CD! W/LIGHT MY FIRE, BREAK ON THROUGH! VG/VG+ USD $6.48 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors "Light My Fire" Hip Pocket Record & Picture Sleeve #9 - Pic PS USD $7.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS " LIGHT MY FIRE " THE GREATEST HITS - EPIC 1970 - MEXICAN - EP 7´' USD $19.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Re 45 The DOORS - Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times w/ Spun Gold strip VG++ USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $6.99 Buy It Now
THE DOORS 2xCassette TAPES Classics / The Best Of The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE Jim USD $8.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors - Light My Fire . Duchesse - MC 352036. Cassette Tape USD $9.46 Buy It Now 2 days
1P ELEKTRA 45615 THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE THE CRYSTAL SHIP SEE Dead Wax Matrix USD $15.99 [0 bids]
The Doors-Light My Fire-45 RPM,1967,Elektra-Psychedelic Rock/Classic Rock USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $4.50 Buy It Now
The Doors Light My Fire/Break On Through 1968 45 Flexi Mono Single Rare USD $45.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire 1967 45 Single Rare Pink Label USD $4.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS.LIGHT MY FIRE.US IMPORT ELEKTRA.7" VINYL SINGLE.45RPM USD $3.95 [0 bids]
1967 VINTAGE THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ALBUM ADVERTISEMENT USD $59.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RECORD THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE Russian Album NM USD $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors 45 record Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship 1967 USD $3.02 [4 bids]
The Doors s/t Red Label Light My Fire Elektra EKS-74007 Stereo USD $8.99 [0 bids]
USD $14.99 Buy It Now
The Doors-"Light My Fire" 1st Press Classic Rock Old Electra label 1967 USD $3.99 [0 bids]
USD $5.19 Buy It Now
Lot 2 The Doors 45s Records Hello I Love You People are Strange Light My Fire USD $6.00 [0 bids]
The Doors - same (West German Target CD) (Self Titled / First 1st Light My Fire) USD $7.88 [1 bids]
RARE FRENCH EP THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE USD $49.99 [0 bids]
The Doors: Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship 45 with Elektra Sleeve USD $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Doors 45 Light My Fire 1967 USD $2.00 [0 bids]
Doors Hello, I Love You, Light My Fire Elektra USD $1.00 [0 bids]
AMII STEWART KNOCK ON WOOD/LIGHT MY FIRE (DOORS) NEW RE USD $1.18 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire 1st PRESS OLD ELEKTRA LABEL 45 WITH ORIGINAL SLEEVE NM USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va (2014, CD New) USD $14.25 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE CASSETTE SINGLE 1991 ISSUE USD $15.79 Buy It Now 3 days
ROBBY KRIEGER ORGANIZATION - RKO Live! CD - Doors Guitarist - Light My Fire ... USD $12.71 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE c/w LOVE ME TWO TIMES" MONSTER 60's SOUND LISTEN! USD $14.20 Buy It Now 3 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (2-Disc CD) "Light My Fire" *COMPLETE* USD $16.08 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS: LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES rare ELEKTRA 45 clean VG+ USD $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $13.50 Buy It Now 3 days
ROCK 45 - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - US ORIG ELEKTRA 45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl USD $110.54 Buy It Now 3 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Record Vinyl USD $78.95 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS:Light My Fire 6:30-Take It As It Comes-Crystal Ship-France7"Elektra EP PCV USD $264.98 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS CD Jim Morrison Light My Fire Break on Through USD $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
? The Doors - 13 (green Butterfly Elektra 74079) (with "Light My Fire") ('70) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS Japan 1981 NM 7"45 LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO I LOVE YOU from OST USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
45RPM The Doors - The Crystal Ship/Light my Fire ORIGINAL JACKET!!! USD $5.00 [0 bids]
45 RPM Doors ELEKTRA 45615 Light My Fire HIPPY CHICK LABEL USD $3.00 [0 bids]
The Doors-Light My Fire+Love Me 2 Times jukebox strip for Elektra Spun Gold 4505 USD $3.00 [0 bids]
USD $4.00 Buy It Now
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 2:52 / LIGHT MY FIRE 6:52 45 RPM RECORD STORE DAY NEW USD $24.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS SHEET MUSIC BOOK. FOR GUITAR. LIGHT MY FIRE ETC USD $5.93 [0 bids]
UB40 - Light My Fire - RARE Israel Israeli Promo / The Doors USD $18.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Doors "Light My Fire " LP EX Rare Russian Press USD $14.00 [0 bids]
DOORS "LOVE ME TWO TIMES c/w LIGHT MY FIRE" MONSTER 60's PHSYC LISTEN! USD $14.20 Buy It Now 4 days
60s Rock 45 THE DOORS Crystal Ship - Light My Fire 45615 EB4514 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Doors 45 Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times (Psych) Listen EX USD $4.50 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors Light My Fire Music Cassette Single Elektra Label USD $4.74 Buy It Now 5 days
45 RPM Vinyl The Doors Light My Fire,The Crystal Ship Elektra Records 45SM7 USD $12.99 [0 bids]
The Doors 45 rpm Philippines 7" light my fire USD $45.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors - Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 7" VG+ condition USD $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors PSYCHEDELIC 45 (ELEKTRA 45615) Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship NM- USD $7.95 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors ?- Light My Fire 1st Press 1988 USSR LP Love Spirit Jim Morrison USD $28.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS - S/T 1st ELEKTRA "Light My Fire" "The End" Psych Acid Blues NearMint- USD $6.44 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire stereo and Mono Promo 7" Mint USD $17.59 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors 45 RPM Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship Elektra Sleeve 45615 USD $3.99 [0 bids]
The Doors CDBACKTRAX Series CD Single Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times Like New USD $7.64 [0 bids]
USD $10.20 Buy It Now
DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 1960s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire N/MINT Jim Morrison USD $149.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS 45 RPM 7" USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The MIKE FLOWERS POP Wonderwall oasis Light My Fire doors cd singles USD $16.95 [0 bids]
VALLI Light my fire Rare Ltd 7 80s Girl Pop Synth Doors Listen USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Doors - s/t 1967 Elektra 70's Butterfly Ed. LP Jim Morrison Light My Fire USD $20.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors - self titled 1974 vinyl w/ Light My Fire AND Break on Through NM/VG USD $12.99 [0 bids]
DOORS light my fire ( rock ) - russia - USD $14.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS ISRAELI ONLY 7" EP HEBREW PS light my fire +3 MICRO PRESS ISRAEL psych USD $240.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times NM Spun Gold 45 PROMO stamped USD $9.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS- Best of 2-CD (1985 Fatbox) Greatest Hits/Jim Morrison/Light My Fire USD $10.94 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES - NM on ELEKTRA USD $1.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Cool Disco 45 AMII STEWART "Light My Fire /Am I Losing You" ARIOLA The Doors USD $0.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors-S/T Self titled RARE 1st Press CD w/Break on Through Light My Fire Jim USD $6.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE & THE CRYSTAL SHIP 7" 45615 USD $11.43 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES-1967-7"-USA-WorldShip$6.00-EU$5.00 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS / Jim Morrison THIRTEEN 13 Vinyl LP w Light My Fire Roadhouse Blues USD $15.16 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE M- $60.00 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 8 days
45 RPM - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE USD $0.99 [0 bids]
The Doors light my fire/love me two times 7" vinyl original outer sleeve Ekeltra USD $4.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times" Electra Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS - NEW CD USD $10.52 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS: Light My Fire/the Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, M- PS insert, w/ company sleev USD $65.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors Debut Album Cassette Elektra Break On Through Light My Fire The End USD $12.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(40%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(20%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Send comments to NotAProghead (BETA) | Report this review (#594427) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 22, 2011

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"