LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Electra
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
Light my fireLight my fire
Audio CD$12.56 (used)
Doors - Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 7" 45 Vinyl Single VG+ Condition EK-45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now
THE DOORS - The Doors - CD Album *Light My Fire, Break On Through* USD $3.26 Buy It Now 2h 15m
THE DOORS "ENCIENDE MI FUEGO" LIGHT MY FIRE '70 RARE MEXICAN 7" EP 45 RPM USD $20.00 [0 bids]
7" Doors - Light my fire 68 Sweden USD $12.50 [4 bids]
Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times [Single] [7 inch Vinyl Disc] by Doors The USD $3.00 [0 bids]
USD $6.00 Buy It Now
The Doors - Light My Fire Elektra Record Store Day Promo reissue 7" 45 Vinyl RSD USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 32m
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Astor Label USD $18.62 Buy It Now 11h 30m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 11h 48m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 11h 57m
The Doors "Light My Fire" Ear Bud Headphones USD $11.88 Buy It Now 15h 21m
DOORS - RIDERS ON THE STORM / LIGHT MY FIRE - 70's USD $6.53 Buy It Now 21h 39m
Doors ?- Light My Fire - ????? ?? ??? ????? LP USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors 45 ELEKTRA Light My Fire & Touch Me PROMO COPY of both USD $12.00 [0 bids]
DOORS/LIGHT MY FIRE K12227 NM ELEKTRA 45 USD $9.16 Buy It Now 1 day
The DOORS "Light my fire" RARE 1967 DUTCH Vogue 45 PS 7" single 1st Press WOW! USD $34.99 [0 bids]
the doors-light my fire/people are strange 1967 uk 7" vinyl USD $1.30 [0 bids]
THE DOORS DEBUT LP ALBUM ELEKTRA #EKS-74007 LIGHT MY FIRE USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Doors - Debut Album 180g HQ LP NEW! SEALED! Light My Fire USD $24.88 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 2 days
JIM MORRISON THE DOORS MONO 1ST S/T 1967 LIGHT MY FIRE RARE VG+ USD $115.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LIGHT MY FIRE 60's Sheet music VARIOUS ARTISTS, THE DOORS,BOOKER T... USD $10.47 Buy It Now 2 days
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $5.17 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE M- $60.00 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 2 days
1967 DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" 45 rpm 7" USD $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS, LOT OF 6 - 7" RECORDS, INCL LOVE ME TWO TIMES, LIGHT MY FIRE USD $21.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 45 LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ON ELECTRA RECORDS USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS: Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times NEAR MINT Stock ELEKTRA 45 Psych USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 45 record 7" rare Light My Fire CRYSTAL SHIP Elektra girl logo PSYCH USD $4.55 [0 bids]
THE DOORS by The Doors - CD (Light My Fire, Break on Through) USD $1.50 [0 bids]
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Light My Fire The Doors~RARE 1988 USSR Import Comp~NM Vinyl~FAST SHIPPING!!! USD $19.95 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors/ Light My Fire b/w The Crystal Ship/ Elektra/ 1967/ Canada/ Psych USD $15.19 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - 1967 7" VG - 1000'S MORE 7"S IN MY SHOP COMBINE POSTAGE USD $10.47 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU FRENCH 45 TEST PRESSING 7" USD $89.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 13 LP * 1970 Elektra Records 'Butterfly Label' Light My Fire, Touch Me USD $22.95 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors light my fire/crystal ship 45 rpm record USD $2.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.99 Buy It Now
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER. (UK, 1979 R/I , ELEKTRA, K12227 USD $3.91 [0 bids]
The Doors, 45 rpm, Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $7.50 [0 bids]
The Doors CD OST Oliver Stone Soundtrack Riders On Storm LA Woman Light My Fire USD $3.99 [1 bids]
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-4 TRACK CD-MADE IN GERMANY-1967/1991-JIM MORRISON USD $5.21 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Rare Israel Only 7" Light My Fire EP-IE 1022 VG/VG USD $250.00 Buy It Now 4 days
NEW CHARTBUSTERS - HAIR GALT MacDERMOT LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS - LP USD $22.19 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS THE BEST OF RIDERS ON THE STORM/LIGHT MY FIRE/BACKDOOR MAN EX CD USD $9.81 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire RARE PROMO Record Store Day RSD LIMITED EDITION VINYL USD $13.99 Buy It Now 5 days
VINYL 45 Terry Dan - Light My Fire ( Doors cover ) prod. by Jeff Tyzik USD $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The DOORS Vinyl LP 13 (Incl Light My Fire, People Are Strange) USD $15.69 Buy It Now 5 days
THE TEMPLETON TWINS - Light My Fire / Spinning Wheel 7" DOORS COVER Vault Record USD $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors SPA 7" w pic/slv "Light My Fire" USD $5.00 [0 bids]
The Doors CD. Light My Fire [Single] (CD, Jun-1992, Elektra) RARE JIM MORISSON USD $11.38 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
MAVI ISIKLAR Light My Fire Turkish garage beat 7" Obladi THE BEATLES Doors HEAR USD $163.54 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors IRAN 45 EP Light My Fire 3 Tracks Iranian Top4 Persian 7" Rare RAR USD $16.36 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS ORIG.ELEKTRA 45*LIGHT MY FIRE/IHE CRYSTAL SHIP*RARE UNPLAYED USD $18.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - Light My Fire + People Are Strange + Touch Me 45 | LOT OF 4 | EX USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors-13-Elektra EKS-74079-Nice-Light My Fire-Check Out My Lp's USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - Light My Fire FREE Shipping ?60 26467 007 USD $23.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $6.87 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS [USED CD] USD $14.16 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $26.17 Buy It Now 7 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors New CD USD $14.90 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors ~ light my fire - the crystal ship ~ juke box 45 ek-45615 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.99 Buy It Now
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors Rare Israel Only 7" Light My Fire EP-IE 1022 VG/VG sleeve only USD $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL USD $8.49 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors - Light My Fire UK 1991 Elektra 7" Single P/S USD $13.07 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS 1988 RUSSIA USSR IMPORT PSYCH LP NM on MELODIA ~ Light My Fire USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors Light My Fire LP Very Rare USSR (CCCP) Import C60 26467007 EX/EX USD $19.50 Buy It Now 9 days
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $4.28 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Hip-Pocket Records "Light My Fire" MINT Sealed in Envelope USD $38.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $91.57 Buy It Now 10 days
LIGHT MY FIRE - TRIBUTE TO THE DOORS CD NEW+ IAN GILLAN/ROBERT GORDON/+ USD $23.37 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $14.95 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 Near Mint Elektra reissue USD $5.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER USD $6.53 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD 45051 STEREO VG+/EX USD $3.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD - 1970'S USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $78.49 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors , remastered cd album- debut 1968 release ft Light My Fire USD $8.18 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors - Light My Fire LP Melodiya USSR Psychedelic Rock EX USD $18.00 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 11 days
RARE FRENCH EP THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE USD $49.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Amii Stewart "Light My Fire" by The Doors...Disco Version & 137 Disco Heaven Mix USD $2.99 Buy It Now 12 days
ODD Vintage Ford Philco Hip Pocket 4" The Doors Record Light My Fire Break On USD $17.00 Buy It Now 12 days
NANCY HOLLOWAY LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS COVER) 7" VINYL *VERY RARE BULGARIAN EP* USD $12.00 Buy It Now 12 days
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $30.37 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 13 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP USD $5.00 Buy It Now 13 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"

Other sites in the MAC network: JazzMusicArchives.com — jazz music reviews and archives | MetalMusicArchives.com — metal music revuew and archives