LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Electra
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
Light my fireLight my fire
Audio CD$13.15 (used)
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Light My Fire [45 Record] Elektra EK-45615 NM RSD USD $13.95 Buy It Now 6h 33m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE EXTRA RARE RUSSIAN PRESSING 1989 VG+/EX- USD $17.00 Buy It Now 12h 32m
DOORS 45 - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP USD $3.95 Buy It Now 16h 2m
DOORS Light My Fire JAPAN 7" NM WAX P-1523E Altered States USD $24.99 Buy It Now 16h 52m
Doors - Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 7" 45 Vinyl Single VG+ Condition EK-45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 12m
THE DOORS - The Doors - CD Album *Light My Fire, Break On Through* USD $4.06 Buy It Now 22h 37m
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door / Va (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.75 Buy It Now 22h 50m
Light My Fire Doors.=Tribute= Audio CD USD $22.57 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS: Light My Fire/ Love Me Two Times RARE CANADA GOLD ELEKTRA 45 USD $12.49 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors Light My Fire/Break On Through 1968 45 Flexi Mono Single Rare USD $45.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire 45 Single 1967 Mono 1st Pressing NM To M USD $25.00 [0 bids]
The Doors "Light My Fire" Ear Bud Headphones USD $13.63 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors Rare Israel Only 7" Light My Fire EP-IE 1022 VG/VG sleeve only USD $49.96 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS greatest HITS cd morrison HELLO I LOVE YOU the end LIGHT MY FIRE touch me USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.93 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.93 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.93 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire RARE PROMO Record Store Day RSD LIMITED EDITION VINYL USD $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS SAME TITLE DEBUT CD 1967 DEFINITIVE REMASTER + EXPANDED LIGHT MY FIRE USD $1.47 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - JAPAN IMPORT 7" 45RPM VG+ USD $15.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS light my fire RARE CD LIVE 1968-1970 in LA,NY,Boston,Philadelphia... USD $7.99 [1 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire LP Melodiya USSR NM USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - Debut Album 180g HQ LP NEW! SEALED! Light My Fire USD $24.88 Buy It Now 3 days
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $5.85 Buy It Now 3 days
LIGHT MY FIRE 60's Sheet music VARIOUS ARTISTS, THE DOORS,BOOKER T... USD $11.85 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD 45051 STEREO VG+/EX USD $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE M- $60.00 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ON ELECTRA RECORDS USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors debut LP 1967 MONO pressing Light My Fire Back Door Man USD $5.00 [1 bids]
THE DOORS Greatest Hits CD Hello I Love You, Light My Fire, Touch Me, LA Woman USD $2.49 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 7" SINGLE PROMO LIGHT MY FIRE / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE 1991 ELECTRA LABEL USD $4.43 [0 bids]
1SU ELEKTRA 6E 5035 YEAR 1973 THE BEST OF THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE SOUL KITCHEN USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS, LOT OF 6 - 7" RECORDS, INCL LOVE ME TWO TIMES, LIGHT MY FIRE USD $21.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS : LIGHT MY FIRE /PEOPLE ARE STRANGE RARE CANADA GOLD LABEL 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS: Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times NEAR MINT Stock ELEKTRA 45 Psych USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS ep LIGHT MY FIRE + 3 mexico ID# 37014 PICTURE SLEEVE ELEKTRA 1486 EX+ USD $59.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors CD. Light My Fire [Single] (CD, Jun-1992, Elektra) RARE JIM MORISSON USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Light My Fire The Doors~RARE 1988 USSR Import Comp~NM Vinyl~FAST SHIPPING!!! USD $17.95 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors/ Light My Fire b/w The Crystal Ship/ Elektra/ 1967/ Canada/ Psych USD $15.68 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - 1967 7" VG - 1000'S MORE 7"S IN MY SHOP COMBINE POSTAGE USD $11.85 Buy It Now 4 days
Freakbeat 45 Julie Driscoll Brian Auger Trinity Light My Fire (Doors) Atco Demo USD $9.95 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU FRENCH 45 TEST PRESSING 7" USD $89.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS 13 LP * 1970 Elektra Records 'Butterfly Label' Light My Fire, Touch Me USD $22.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS- "LIGHT MY FIRE"/ "BREAK ON THROUGH"- PHILCO HIP POCKET- SEALED USD $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS : LIGHT MY FIRE /PEOPLE ARE STRANGE RARE CANADA GOLD LABEL 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 1967 1ST RELEASE ELEKTRA FLAPPER RARE Strong VG USD $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-4 TRACK CD-MADE IN GERMANY-1967/1991-JIM MORRISON USD $5.30 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors Rare Israel Only 7" Light My Fire EP-IE 1022 VG/VG USD $250.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS THE BEST OF RIDERS ON THE STORM/LIGHT MY FIRE/BACKDOOR MAN EX CD USD $11.11 Buy It Now 5 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors by Various Artists (CD,... USD $10.93 Buy It Now 5 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $13.73 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS 3" CD Single Light My Fire / People Are Strange 1991 Japan WMD5-4068 USD $17.01 [0 bids]
VINYL 45 Terry Dan - Light My Fire ( Doors cover ) prod. by Jeff Tyzik USD $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The DOORS Vinyl LP 13 (Incl Light My Fire, People Are Strange) USD $17.75 Buy It Now 6 days
THE TEMPLETON TWINS - Light My Fire / Spinning Wheel 7" DOORS COVER Vault Record USD $3.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE (FROM RADIO STOCK) LP USD $30.00 Buy It Now 6 days
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $29.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS ORIG.ELEKTRA 45*LIGHT MY FIRE/IHE CRYSTAL SHIP*RARE UNPLAYED USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $18.00 Buy It Now
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - Light My Fire + People Are Strange + Touch Me 45 | LOT OF 4 | EX USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $7.77 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 7 days
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS [USED CD] USD $13.13 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $29.61 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors - Light My Fire / The Unknown Soldier - Elektra K-12227 Ex Condition USD $7.39 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS 13 LP Record EKS 74079 VG+ Jim Morrison LIGHT MY FIRE Back Door Man USD $3.99 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors New CD USD $13.74 Buy It Now 9 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL USD $9.61 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 Near Mint Elektra reissue USD $5.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS ENCIENDE MI FUEGO / EL BARCO DE CRISTAL Light my fire ARGENTINA 7" USD $37.22 Buy It Now 9 days
Greatest Hits The Doors CD 1996 Elektra enhanced best of 12 songs Light My Fire- USD $1.91 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" & "The Crystal Ship" 1967 Rocker NM Jim Morrison USD $12.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS 1988 RUSSIA USSR IMPORT PSYCH LP NM on MELODIA ~ Light My Fire USD $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $4.76 Buy It Now 10 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $103.63 Buy It Now 11 days
LIGHT MY FIRE - TRIBUTE TO THE DOORS CD NEW+ IAN GILLAN/ROBERT GORDON/+ USD $23.37 Buy It Now 11 days
n21216 CD - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CD352036 - 1988 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $14.95 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS 1st First VTG Cassette Jim Morrison Light My Fire Break Through 316 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS "People Are Strange / Light My Fire" Elektra SJET-489 Rare Japan 7" EP USD $100.00 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER USD $7.39 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD - 1970'S USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE OOP UK RE BACK TO BACK CLASSICS! USD $7.02 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 12 days
Doors/Light My Fire+ 1 (Japan 3" CD/SEALED) USD $159.99 Buy It Now 12 days
The Doors , remastered cd album- debut 1968 release ft Light My Fire USD $8.33 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS Light My Fire JAPAN 7" JET-1778 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - LTD EDITION 3 TRK UK 12" WITH POSTER - EXCELLENT USD $14.79 Buy It Now 12 days
Amii Stewart "Light My Fire" by The Doors...Disco Version & 137 Disco Heaven Mix USD $2.99 Buy It Now 13 days
7" france america (record store day 2016 exclusive, limited)
THE DOORS
~ USD $11.40
CD live new york, pbs critique, apr 28/29 1969
THE DOORS
~ USD $7.97
More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"