LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light my fireLight my fire
Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times
Elektra Spun Gold
Vinyl$18.00
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
Vinyl$199.90
LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7"
ELEKTRA-45615
Vinyl$199.90
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)

Old 45 RPM Record - Elektra EK-45615 - Doors - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $1.49 Buy It Now 5h 57m
The Doors-Light my fire/the unknown soldier USD $1.38 [0 bids]
The Doors Jim Morrison 1991 single vintage ad Light My Fire. Primal Scream. USD $5.51 [0 bids]
VINYL 45 Terry Dan - Light My Fire ( Doors cover ) prod. by Jeff Tyzik USD $5.99 Buy It Now 13h 57m
Doors Best of the Doors Light My Fire 42143 Uk 1976 Vinyl Lp Record USD $7.95 [0 bids]
The Doors EKS-74007 Electra 1970 Reissue Stereo LP Jim Morrison Light My Fire USD $14.95 Buy It Now 15h 50m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.78 Buy It Now 18h 35m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.78 Buy It Now 18h 50m
THE DOORS Light My Fire Stereo Mono ELEKTRA rec w SLEEVE NEAR MINT USD $9.00 [0 bids]
Doors Greatest Hits CD Elektra 1996 Light My Fire L A Woman Hello I Love You USD $4.24 Buy It Now 19h
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.78 Buy It Now 19h 5m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.78 Buy It Now 19h 25m
*<* JOSE FELICIANO #3 HIT "LIGHT MY FIRE" w/SLEEVE +BONUS DOORS ORIGINAL VERSION USD $7.99 Buy It Now 20h 35m
Light My Fire -Classic Rock Salute To The Doors - CD USD $17.77 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS 1ST ALBUM 2007 REMASTER LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $5.51 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship - RSD Black Friday, Japanese Single Art USD $10.98 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS-DOORS-1988 CD/LIGHT MY FIRE/THE END/BREAK ON THROUGH/JIM MORRISON/60S USD $2.75 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - Light My Fire (1991 edit) - cassette tape single USD $7.58 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire, Russian pressing, NM, 1991 USD $20.70 [0 bids]
The Doors 13 12" 33 Vinyl LP Album Sleeve EKS-74079 Elektra Light My Fire Hello USD $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS s/t DEBUT Album Jim Morrison Elektra EKS74007 Red Label Light My Fire USD $14.44 [0 bids]
The Doors Light my Fire b/w The Crystal Ship 1967 Astor AP-1388 Australia 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS-SELF TITLED-DEBUT-8 TRACK TAPE-LIGHT MY FIRE-END classic rock album USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS Light My Fire USSR Pressing Rare LP STEREO USD $2.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS VINYL LP ALBUM 1967 ELEKTRA RECORDS BREAK ON THROUGH, LIGHT MY FIRE VG USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 - NM USD $19.99 [0 bids]
Doors, Light My Fire, Russian Edition 33 1/3 Rpm, By Melodia, Good Vinyl USD $15.30 Buy It Now 2 days
Light my fire - The Doors - 1971 (reissue) USD $6.90 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Light My Fire/Crystal Ship [Jim Morrison] 45 RPM Elektra Records VG USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - Light My Fire [New 7" Vinyl] USD $10.68 Buy It Now 2 days
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS Self-Titled 12" 33RPM LP Rock 1st Album Elektra EKS 74007 LIGHT MY FIRE USD $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - NEW SEALED 7" 45 - 50th anniversary Japanese reprodu USD $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Wynton Kelly Trio 45 Light My Fire 1968 Soul-Jazz The Doors VG++ USD $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Light My Fire by The Doors (Vinyl, Jul-2017, Elektra (Label)) USD $13.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $68.94 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship (45) USD $3.00 Buy It Now 3 days
CD The Doors Orginal Soundtrack Oliver Stone Elektra 1991 961047-2 Light My Fire USD $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS: Alive, She Cried 1983 Elektra cassette VG+ "Gloria" "Light My Fire" USD $6.99 [0 bids]
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DJ Eric Pres Les Hommes De L'Olympe - Together 12"the Doors Light my fire sample USD $13.80 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE RARE ORIGINAL DUCHESSE DEBUT CASSETTE USD $5.51 Buy It Now 4 days
The doors Light my Fire Charly Records Made in Germany Free Shipping from Japan USD $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - Hello, I Love You/Light My Fire. 1969 Japan 7" 45. SJET1129. VG+ USD $7.59 [6 bids]
DOORS people are strange / light my fire ELEKTRA ASYLUM COMPANY SLEEVE 45 USD $5.89 Buy It Now 4 days
JOSE FELICIANO - Portrait The Best Of LP Telstar 1985 DOORS COVER light my fire USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $23.45 Buy It Now 4 days
Hip Pocket The DOORS Light My Fire / Break on Through Philco NEW SEALED 45rpm USD $22.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS & 1 other.. original sheet music.....LIGHT MY FIRE USD $2.76 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire [New 7" Vinyl] USD $10.30 Buy It Now 4 days
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $9.81 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS GREATEST HITS CASSETTE "LIGHT MY FIRE, L.A. WOMAN, LOVE ME TWO" +++ USD $6.47 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Spun Gold Record E-45051-B Love Me Two Times, Light My Fire ~45 Record USD $1.00 [0 bids]
Doors LIGHT MY FIRE / CRYSTAL SHIP Rock 45 CDN 1st Issue ELEKTRA Girl Label USD $6.97 [0 bids]
USD $12.50 Buy It Now
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS people are strange / light my fire GOLD STANDARD 45 USD $7.89 Buy It Now 5 days
The DOORS : LIGHT MY FIRE & PEOPLE ARE STRANGE : ELEKTRA VINYL 45 EKR125 EXCEL. USD $5.51 [0 bids]
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE GREATEST HITS COMP. 1988 RUSSIAN PRESS JIM MORRISON USD $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Psych Rock 45 DOORS Light My Fire ELEKTRA HEAR USD $8.00 [0 bids]
ORIGINAL 1967 FIRST ELEKTRA PRESS THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL CRYSTAL SHIP USD $99.99 Buy It Now 5 days
SOUL MERCHANTS: Light My Fire / Same 45 (dj, Soul Jazz instrumental of the Door USD $8.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Light My Fire [7/28] by The Doors (Vinyl, Jul-2017, Elektra (Label)) USD $13.88 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS 7'' PS Light My Fire Sweden VERY RARE KFF 715 UNIQUE Swedish COVER 45 USD $89.72 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS EP PS Light My Fire SRAEL EP-1E 1022 ULTRA RARE ISRAELI COVER USD $124.22 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS 7 PS Light My Fire Italy MEGA RARE Vedette VRN 34081 nice UNIQUE COVER 45 USD $117.32 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS 7' PS Light My Fire Holland VOGUE HV 2097 VERY RARE UNIQUE COVER Dutch 45 USD $82.82 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Self-Titled CD NEW Remastered Light My Fire/Break On Through/The End+ USD $6.89 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS New Sealed Ltd 2018 50th ANNIVERSARY LIGHT MY FIRE VINYL RECORD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors ?- Raiders On The Storm / Light My Fire 7/45 PORTUGAL 1972 EX USD $50.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 on rare BLUE Elektra label USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS *LIGHT MY FIRE* MEXICO ONLY PS GAMMA ELEKTRA EP 45 w/Spanish Titles USD $6.99 [0 bids]
The-Doors-30th-Anniversary-Collection-DvD-L-A-Woman-Light-My-Fire-Riders USD $15.95 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Live Vol. 2 CD Very Rare Jim Morrison Touch Me Back Man Light My Fire USD $38.59 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $7.25 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE LP VINYL RARE MINT RUSSIAN PRESS COMPILATION, LP UNPLAYED ?? USD $39.99 [0 bids]
USD $51.99 Buy It Now
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE / CRYSTAL SHIP Japanese Artwork NEW VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $8.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS ? THE BEST OF ? 1973 QUADRADISC ~ QUADRAPHONIC ~ LIGHT MY FIRE USD $26.00 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors CD BackTrax Single Light My Fire Love Me Two Times SEALED Hits Series USD $24.95 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra Vinyl Record Rock 60s USD $8.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Rare Pop Rock 45 - The Templeton Twins - Light My Fire - Doors Cover USD $4.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE HELLO I LOVE YOU RARE ISRAELI 7" EP HEBREW ELECTRA ROCK USD $120.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" single - OZ AUSSIE PRESS ASTOR 1967 PSYCH AP- 1388 USD $15.91 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 8 days
SILVER BLUE Light My Fire 45 7" NM US DANCE COVER ON THE DOORS CLASSIC LISTEN USD $5.98 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA UNPLAYED USD $15.00 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 50TH ANNIVERSARY Pic Sleeve SEALED 2017 USD $16.00 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 2:52 / LIGHT MY FIRE 6:52 "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA UNPLAYED USD $14.95 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS: Light My Fire + 3-Mexico 7" 1968 Elektra EPE- 1486 EP First Edition ASL USD $64.98 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS MEGA RARE ISRAELI 7" LIGHT MY FIRE ISRAEL ONLY EP-IE 1022 VG+ 4 TRACKS USD $300.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors ?- Light My Fire Elektra ?- EK-45615 Vinyl, 7", Single, 45 RPM, Promo, USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Best of the Doors 2 x CD Inc. The End,When The Music's Over USD $4.13 [0 bids]
Doors - Light My Fire Vinyl, LP USD $6.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Doors m- pink label 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 10 days
Doors vg+ hip pocket 3 1/2" Light My Fire / Break on Through USD $24.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors - Light My Fire Rare 12" Picture Disc Promo The Best Of Maxi Single LP USD $249.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Doors ?- Light my fire ?LP USD $6.90 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS 7" LIGHT MY FIRE-THE CRYSTAL SHIP argentina ID# 37009 ELEKTRA 60001 au USD $20.00 Buy It Now 10 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"