LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Audio CD$19.95 (used)
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
The Doors - Light My Fire (Promo 7") Stereo & Mono (Rare & OOP) Awesome USD $5.99 [0 bids]
JOSE FELICIANO, LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) ,7" VINYL ALSO IDEAL FOR JUKEBOX USD $1.13 [0 bids]
THE DOORS light my fire JAPAN 3" inch CD Single MEGARARE! MINT 1991 USD $99.99 Buy It Now 5h 5m
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / CRYSTAL SHIP (45) - ELEKTRA RECORDS - EK45615 - 1967 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 42m
The Doors - Light my fire CD single USD $2.26 [0 bids]
THE DOORS-S/T 1967 ELEKTRA RECORDS LP EKS-74007 VG++ LIGHT MY FIRE, THE END USD $19.99 Buy It Now 22h 31m
THE DOORS " LIGHT MY FIRE " THE GREATEST HITS - EPIC 1970 - MEXICAN - EP 7´' USD $19.20 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS 45 Elektra-45615 "Light My Fire" & "The Crystal Ship" VG++ USD $2.95 Buy It Now 1 day
WOODY HERMAN-HUSH & LIGHT MY FIRE Funk Jazz 45-CADET DJ #5634-DEEP PURPLE-DOORS USD $9.99 [0 bids]
45 record Original Elektra #45615 the DOORS The Crystal Ship / Light My Fire USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $5.55 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $5.55 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $5.55 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors Light My Fire/Break On Through 1968 45 Flexi Mono Single Rare USD $45.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire 1967 45 Single Rare Pink Label USD $4.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $5.55 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $5.55 Buy It Now 1 day
RECORD THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE Russian Album NM USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors: Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship 45 with Elektra Sleeve USD $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va (2014, CD New) USD $13.29 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors "Light My FIre" 45-Single Elektra Records Flip side The Crystal Ship USD $1.99 [0 bids]
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE c/w LOVE ME TWO TIMES" MONSTER 60's SOUND LISTEN! USD $13.53 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (2-Disc CD) "Light My Fire" *COMPLETE* USD $14.47 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS: LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES rare ELEKTRA 45 clean VG+ USD $6.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $13.39 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ROCK 45 - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - US ORIG ELEKTRA 45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors by The Doors Stereo Red Label LP EKS-74007 Jim Morrison Light my Fire USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - RARE SOVIET PSYCH LP USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl USD $105.34 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 7" Record Store Day RSD 2010 Limited New ELEKTRA USD $17.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Record Vinyl USD $75.24 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW CHARTBUSTERS HAIR GALT MacDERMOT LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS PSYCH FUNK UK LP 69 USD $22.56 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS:Light My Fire 6:30-Take It As It Comes-Crystal Ship-France7"Elektra EP PCV USD $264.98 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 45 ('67 2nd pressing label, few light sleev USD $18.00 Buy It Now 3 days
? The Doors - 13 (green Butterfly Elektra 74079) (with "Light My Fire") ('70) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS Japan 1981 NM 7"45 LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO I LOVE YOU from OST USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Doors 45 Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times (Psych) Listen EX USD $3.00 [0 bids]
USD $5.00 Buy It Now
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 2:52 / LIGHT MY FIRE 6:52 45 RPM RECORD STORE DAY NEW USD $24.95 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA RECORDS VG++ USD $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA RECORDS MINT- USD $15.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Amii Stewart "Light My Fire" by The Doors...Disco Version & 137 Disco Heaven Mix USD $5.55 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - Light My Fire - 4 track cd-single Germany - 1991 Jim Morrison live USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Light My Fire Russian LP 1990 USD $37.63 [0 bids]
THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors 1985 Elektra Canadian press LIGHT MY FIRE Jim Mo USD $4.99 [0 bids]
DOORS "LOVE ME TWO TIMES c/w LIGHT MY FIRE" MONSTER 60's PHSYC LISTEN! USD $13.53 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors-Light My Fire-45 RPM,1967,Elektra-Psychedelic Rock/Classic Rock USD $3.50 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire VG(-) 45 RPM REISSUE USD $2.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Light My Fire Music Cassette Single Elektra Label USD $4.52 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 60s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire N/MINT Jim Morrison USD $149.99 Buy It Now 4 days
A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Light My Fire Mexican Edition CD USD $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
45 RPM Vinyl The Doors Light My Fire,The Crystal Ship Elektra Records 45SM7 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Re 45 The DOORS - Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times w/ Spun Gold strip VG++ USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $6.99 Buy It Now
DOORS Light My Fire Orig AUSTRALIA Astor RARE Nice 1967 PSYCH Jim Morrison 45 USD $39.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS CD (1ST ALBUM) 11 TRACKS 1988 ELEKTRA 74007-2 LIGHT MY FIRE, THE END USD $4.00 [0 bids]
USD $6.00 Buy It Now
The Doors digitally remastered CD NEW Light My Fire Break On Through The End USD $13.87 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS 7 LP LOT w LIGHT MY FIRE, MORRISON HOTEL, LIVE IN EUROPE DVD USD $22.50 [5 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire stereo and Mono Promo 7" Mint USD $18.39 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS / LIGHT MY FIRE / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE / ELEKTRA 45 PICTURE COVER USD $6.95 [0 bids]
The Doors 45 rpm Philippines 7" light my fire USD $45.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The MIKE FLOWERS POP Wonderwall oasis Light My Fire doors cd singles USD $12.95 [0 bids]
The Doors 45 RPM Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship Elektra Sleeve 45615 USD $3.99 [0 bids]
Baccara, Light my fire (Doors) 11:40, Disco, German RCA PL28330, 1978 USD $19.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Soundtrack CD NEW SEALED Riders On The Storm/Light My Fire/LA Woman+ USD $7.51 Buy It Now 6 days
Lot 2 The Doors 45s Records Hello I Love You People are Strange Light My Fire USD $4.50 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE b/w CRYSTAL SHIP "GIRL" YELLOW ELEKTRA 45 USD $17.50 [0 bids]
The Doors ?- Light My Fire 1st Press 1988 USSR LP Love Spirit Jim Morrison USD $28.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire b/w Crystal Ship" Original 1967 US 45RPM 7" Rock Single USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Riders On The Storm b/w Light My Fire 1981 45RPM Import 7" Rock Single USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS ISRAELI ONLY 7" EP HEBREW PS light my fire +3 MICRO PRESS ISRAEL psych USD $240.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire (mono & stereo) Rhino reissue promo 7" M- USD $7.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS DEBUT ALBUM 180 GRAM VINYL MONO MIX LIGHT MY FIRE ORIGINAL MIX MINT USD $37.63 Buy It Now 7 days
AMII STEWART DISCO LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS AM I LOSING YOU RED VINYL 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS S/T REMASTERED ELEKTRA GERMAN CD 1989 JIM MORRISON LIGHT MY FIRE USD $6.01 Buy It Now 7 days
VALLI Light my fire Rare Ltd 7 80s Girl Pop Synth Doors Listen USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS light my fire ( rock ) - russia - USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times NM Spun Gold 45 PROMO stamped USD $9.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Psych/Garage Original Elektra NM Beauty!! USD $22.00 Buy It Now 7 days
the doors 13 nm incl light my fire; roadhouse blues, hello I love you USD $21.39 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors In Concert Live 2 CD Jim Morrison Light My Fire Celebration of Lizard USD $1.47 [0 bids]
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE RARE ONLY RUSSIAN PRESS LP LENINGRAD MINT USD $9.00 [0 bids]
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS - NEW CD USD $10.41 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS: Light My Fire/the Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, M- PS insert, w/ company sleev USD $65.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times" Electra Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $14.36 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS- Best of 2-CD (1985 Fatbox) Greatest Hits/Jim Morrison/Light My Fire USD $8.93 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors Elektra 45 Record #45615 VG+ Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $13.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS SHEET MUSIC BOOK. LIGHT MY FIRE ETC USD $5.51 [0 bids]
DOORS GREATEST HITS~VG++/NM-~SHRINK~LYRIC INSERT~INNER~MORRISON~LIGHT MY FIRE USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $13.00 Buy It Now
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-4 TRACK CD-MADE IN GERMANY-1967/1991-JIM MORRISON USD $7.53 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS-Mint Vinyl Re-Issue 45-Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times USD $7.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Doors : Light my fire CD USD $4.31 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors "LIGHT MY FIRE" 1967, Alternate Picture sleeve.! Beautiful MINT..! USD $24.95 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS - Greatest Hits - 1980 CASSETTE VG++ CANADA (Light My Fire / LA Woman USD $4.95 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 11 days
4 THE DOORS Cassette Tapes! Hello I Love You, Light My Fire, Break On Through, + USD $12.87 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS (2 CD) IN CONCERT : LIVE ~ LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END + JIM MORRISON 60's *NEW* USD $19.79 Buy It Now 11 days
LP l.a. woman (the workshop sessions) ~ USD $27.83

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(40%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(20%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Send comments to NotAProghead (BETA) | Report this review (#594427) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 22, 2011

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"