LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light my fireLight my fire
$24.98
Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times
Elektra Spun Gold
$18.00
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7"
ELEKTRA-45615
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA

THE DOORS-DOORS-1988 CD/LIGHT MY FIRE/THE END/BREAK ON THROUGH/JIM MORRISON/60S USD $1.32 [0 bids]
DOORS 45 RPM 7" - Light My Fire 2017 RE-ISSUE USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 3m
The Doors CD BackTrax Single Light My Fire Love Me Two Times SEALED Hits Series USD $24.95 Buy It Now 5h 29m
The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra Vinyl Record Rock 60s USD $8.00 Buy It Now 6h 40m
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" single - OZ AUSSIE PRESS ASTOR 1967 PSYCH AP- 1388 USD $15.06 Buy It Now 10h 11m
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 14h 42m
The Doors - Light My Fire 7" vinyl rock 45rpm E-45051 USD $6.67 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS: Light My Fire + 3-Mexico 7" 1968 Elektra EPE- 1486 EP First Edition ASL USD $64.98 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS MEGA RARE ISRAELI 7" LIGHT MY FIRE ISRAEL ONLY EP-IE 1022 VG+ 4 TRACKS USD $300.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors ?- Light My Fire Elektra ?- EK-45615 Vinyl, 7", Single, 45 RPM, Promo, USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SILVER BLUE Light My Fire 45 7" NM US DANCE COVER ON THE DOORS CLASSIC LISTEN USD $5.98 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS love me two times / light my fire JUKEBOX STRIP SPUN GOLD 45 USD $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS: Riders On The Storm (Misspelled Raiders)-Light My Fire-Portugal 7" 72 PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS THE BEST OF THE DOORS GREATEST HITS CASSETTE WITH "LIGHT MY FIRE" USD $4.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors m- pink label 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 2 days
Doors vg+ hip pocket 3 1/2" Light My Fire / Break on Through USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LP The Doors Light My Fire Russia 1988 USD $35.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Rare THE DOORS 'Light My Fire' LIVE / Studio 12" EDITS DJ LP Radio 1987 PROMO USD $59.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $6.04 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $6.04 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $6.04 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $6.04 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors 30th Anniversary Collection DvD L A Woman Light-My Fire Riders USD $11.33 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $6.04 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - Light My Fire (LIVE 1970) Rare 12" Picture Disc Single Promo LP NM USD $255.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors 13 Elektra 1970 EKS-74079 Original Vinyl LP Record Light my Fire HITS USD $32.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7", DOORS,Good, #### 45 RPM , 7" Vinyl, NO Pic USD $17.03 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 1ST ALBUM 2007 REMASTER LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $5.32 [0 bids]
VG+ The Doors EK-45615 ELEKTRA - Light My Fire 1967 RARE FLAPPER WOODY MORRISON USD $32.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Light My Fire 7" Single EK-45615 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
45 RPM The Doors ELEKTRA 45615 Light My Fire / Crystal Ship VG USD $3.00 [0 bids]
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Vintage 45 rpm The Doors ?Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times Elektra Spun Gold USD $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS-3 7" SINGLES-VINYL-LIGHT MY FIRE-TOUCH ME-HELLO I LOVE YOU, WON'T YOU USD $19.99 [0 bids]
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM Mono / Ster USD $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 45 7" single 1968 Sweden USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
*<* COOL DOORS "ELEKTRA GIRL" LIGHT MY FIRE: RARE CANADIAN LABEL 1967 CLEAN 45!! USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.53 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.53 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.53 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.53 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / Cassette Album Tape / UK 1991 Single / 4308 USD $9.33 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors the Doors LP Original Press 1967 Elektra EKS-74007 G+ Light My Fire USD $15.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - ENCIENDE MI FUEGO / light my fire +3 EP MEXICO epic 1970 EC55044 USD $29.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - GREATEST HITS - 5E-515 ELEKTRA - Light My Fire - People Are Strange USD $9.79 Buy It Now 4 days
The DOORS Light My Fire - Latvian Lp MELODIYA Riga SOVIET LATVIA / USSR USD $29.90 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors/Jim Morrison/Light My Fire A3 size typography art print/poster USD $17.33 Buy It Now 4 days
the doors 1968 strange days piano arrangements book plus light my fire lp USD $26.68 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - Greatest Hits -Contains Break On Through And Light My Fire -VG+ USD $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
RARE FRENCH EP THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE USD $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $66.64 Buy It Now 4 days
LOU REED - VICIOUS / WALK ON THE WILD SIDE + THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE USD $6.66 Buy It Now 4 days
the doors the crystal ship light my fire 7" 45rpm USD $14.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $26.98 Buy It Now 4 days
RARE OOP Amii Stewart CASSETTE TAPE Knock On Wood DISCO 1979 Light My Fire DOORS USD $7.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS / LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU / FRENCH 45 PICTURE COVER USD $9.95 [0 bids]
Vintage The Doors Featuring "Light My Fire" Stereo Cassette # EKX-5407 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors - The Best Of 2 CD [CD 1985] Elektra - Light My Fire - Jim Morrison USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Light My Fire B/w The Crystal Ship, The Doors,Good, #### 45 RPM , 7" Vinyl, NO P USD $11.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Soul Merchants (Jazz Soul Instrumental) Cover Of The Door's "Light My Fire" 45 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
NEW CHARTBUSTERS - HAIR GALT MacDERMOT LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS - LP USD $15.10 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Greatest Hits FROM 80-C'MON BABY LIGHT MY FIRE-WITH LYRIC INSERT USD $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - RARE 1967 AUSSIE 7'' SINGLE - PSYCH USD $30.16 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS, The - Light My Fire (50th Anniversary) - Vinyl (limited 7") USD $14.62 Buy It Now 5 days
THE SOUL MERCHANTS-Light My Fire & For Wes-Jazz Soul 45-WEIS #3436-The Doors USD $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Light My Fire from doors music used USD $5.10 Buy It Now 6 days
Light My Fire (compilation, 11 TRACKS FROM Doors Music Used USD $6.37 Buy It Now 6 days
Classic Rock Salute To The Doors : Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To CD USD $10.38 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record + juke box strip RARE! USD $17.36 Buy It Now 6 days
45- The Doors - Light my fire USD $7.49 [0 bids]
The Doors 2x CD BEST OF 19 songs JIM MORRISON Light My Fire RIDERS ON THE STORM USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Light My Fire/Crystal Ship by The Doors 1967 Vinyl Elektra Records 7" Single 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Doors - Light My Fire (Vinyl Used Like New) USD $8.76 Buy It Now 6 days
Light My Fire by The Doors (Vinyl, Jul-2017, Elektra (Label)) USD $13.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Single Light My Fire The Doors Stll Sealed! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
JOSE FELICIANO EP MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 * LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) * USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS:"FIRST LP"-DEBUT-LIGHT MY FIRE-NEW -180g VINYL LP:RHINO UK STEREO MIX USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Best of the Doors 2 x CD Inc. The End,When The Music's Over USD $3.99 [0 bids]
DOORS-1988 ELEKTRA CD LIGHT MY FIRE BACK DOOR MAN SOUL KITCHEN CRYSTAL SHIP USD $1.25 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS Light My Fire 12" VINYL LP Wall Clock USD $8.34 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS 45 - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship  Elektra - 1967 - Hear Both! USD $3.50 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors ?- Raiders On The Storm / Light My Fire 7/45 PORTUGAL 1972 EX USD $50.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors Light My Fire Australian Live CD Super Rare Jim Morrison Summertime USD $35.29 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS -light my fire/break on through LEBANESE PRESSING 7" single 45 rpm USD $99.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 7" SINGLE + LTD.ED. RINGER T- SHIRT USD $38.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Hip-Pocket Records "Light My Fire" MINT Sealed in Envelope USD $36.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS love me two times / light my fire ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD 45 USD $3.49 Buy It Now 8 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS people are strange / light my fire GOLD STANDARD 45 USD $5.89 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS Hello, I Love You Light My Fire 7" 45 P/S JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA SJET-1129 ^ USD $49.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS 7 PS Light My Fire Italy MEGA RARE Vedette VRN 34081 nice UNIQUE COVER 45 USD $113.40 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS EP PS Light My Fire SRAEL EP-1E 1022 ULTRA RARE ISRAELI COVER USD $113.40 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS 7' PS Light My Fire Holland VOGUE HV 2097 VERY RARE UNIQUE COVER Dutch 45 USD $80.05 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS 7'' PS Light My Fire Sweden VERY RARE KFF 715 UNIQUE Swedish COVER 45 USD $86.72 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_J3a USD $37.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Light My Fire - USD $10.39 Buy It Now 8 days
1/6/91 Pgn54 Advert: The Doors light My Fire B/w People Are Strange 15x5 USD $10.01 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"