LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1991

1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. People Are Strange (2:10)

Total time 5:05

Tracks on CD single:
1. Light My Fire (Edit) (2:55)
2. Light My Fire (7:06)
3. People Are Strange (2:10)
4. Soul Kitchen (3:30)

Total time 15:41

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

7'' single Elektra EKR125 (1991)

5'' CD single Elektra EKR125 CD (1991)

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
DOORS Light My Fire 45rpm 7DOORS Light My Fire 45rpm 7" EK 45615 Vinyl VG+ Quite Early
byfrm_me
Vinyl$23.99 (used)
Light my fire by DoorsLight my fire by Doors
Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times by DoorsLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times by Doors
Wea/Elektra Entertainment

THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.90 Buy It Now
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.90 Buy It Now
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.90 Buy It Now
LIGHT MY FIRE. The Doors. 7" vinyl. 45rpm. U.K. Pressing USD $7.39 [0 bids]
THE DOORS MEXICAN EP STEREO! LIGHT MY FIRE (FULL 6:55 VERSION) +2 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (2-Disc CD) "Light My Fire" *COMPLETE* USD $12.08 Buy It Now 9h 25m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.90 Buy It Now 10h 41m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.90 Buy It Now 10h 51m
Light My Fire-classic Rock Salute to the Door / Va - V/A New & Sealed CD-JEWEL C USD $17.95 Buy It Now 11h 58m
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - ELEKTRA, RARE 12" LIMITED EDITION USD $8.66 Buy It Now 12h 50m
ROCK DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES EX VINYL USD $2.99 [0 bids]
DOORS:Light My Fire 6:30-Take It As It Comes-Crystal Ship-France7"Elektra EP PCV USD $274.98 Buy It Now 15h 7m
? The Doors - 13 (green Butterfly Elektra 74079) (with "Light My Fire") ('70) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 17h 17m
THE DOORS Light My Fire JIM MORRISON PUNK GROUP ROCK 45 RPM RECORD VG++ USD $16.00 Buy It Now 17h 18m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.90 Buy It Now 20h 50m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.90 Buy It Now 21h 19m
2 Doors Promo 45's Love Me Two Times/Moonlight Drive Light My Fire/ Crystal Ship USD $8.99 [0 bids]
MFD IN CANADA 1972 PSYCH ROCK 45 RPM THE DOORS : LIGHT MY FIRE + LOVE ME TWO TIM USD $5.35 [0 bids]
USD $7.65 Buy It Now
The Doors Lp First Album w Light My Fire USD $6.50 [1 bids]
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE LP VINYL RARE MINT RUSSIAN PRESS COMPILATION, LP UNPLAYED USD $16.99 [0 bids]
THREE DOORS ELECTRA 45rpms: Riders on the storm/Hello I love you/Light my fire USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rare JIMM MORRISON THE DOORS Light My Fire PHILIPPINES Elektra EK-101 VG USD $12.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light my Fire LP Vinyl EKS 74007 Stereo electra USD $10.50 [11 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.90 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Doors - Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 7" 45 Vinyl Single VG+ Condition EK-45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.90 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - THE DOORS 'Light My Fire', 1988 CD, DUCHESSE label. Excellent USD $3.34 [0 bids]
THE DOORS: Light My Fire/ Love Me Two Times RARE CANADA GOLD ELEKTRA 45 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
VINYL 45 Terry Dan - Light My Fire ( Doors cover ) prod. by Jeff Tyzik USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LOT of 2 60's ROCK 45 RPM - THE DOORS - ELEKTRA 45615 & 45635 - "LIGHT MY FIRE" USD $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The DOORS / Light My Fire - The Crystal Ship / Elektra 45rpm Vinyl USD $1.99 [0 bids]
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors by Various Artists. USD $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
* * SCARCE 1st pressing ELEKTRA GIRL DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP" 45!! USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
* * JOSE FELICIANO #3 HIT "LIGHT MY FIRE" w/SLEEVE +BONUS DOORS ORIGINAL VERSION USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS Light My Fire 7" VINYL UK Elektra 1967 4 Prong Red Label Design USD $26.63 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Greatest Hits 8 Track...Tested..L.A. Woman...Touch Me..Light My Fire USD $13.45 Buy It Now 3 days
Doors in Concert 2CD. Light My Fire. The End... USD $1.23 [0 bids]
1/6/91 Pgn54 Advert: The Doors light My Fire B/w People Are Strange 15x5 USD $8.66 Buy It Now 3 days
1987 THE DOORS: Live at the Hollywood Bowl PROMO LP 60741-1 Light My Fire NM USA USD $25.00 [0 bids]
DOORS VINYL 13 LP Vg+Vg+ hits 1970 ELEKTRA butterfly Early Copy LIGHT MY FIRE USD $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Doors, Light My Fire, Russian Edition 33 1/3 Rpm, By Melodia, Good Vinyl USD $15.30 Buy It Now 4 days
* * UNPLAYED MINT GEM DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" RHINO MONO/STEREO PROMO 45/SLEEVE! USD $17.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS-12inch single-EKR125(T)-light my fire USD $6.19 [0 bids]
The Doors Hip Pocket Record Sealed Vinyl Philco "Light My Fire" USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Doors ?- Light My Fire / ????? ?? ??? ????? LP USD $6.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The DOORS / Light My Fire - The Crystal Ship / Elektra 45 rpm Vinyl Record USD $1.99 [0 bids]
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Wynton Kelly Trio 45 Light My Fire 1968 Soul-Jazz The Doors VG++ USD $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 1991 UK 3-track 12" Vinyl Single INCLUDING FREE POSTER USD $37.15 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE M- $60.00 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 5 days
1967 DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" 45 rpm 7" USD $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
7" Single - Light My Fire, The Doors USD $1.24 [0 bids]
BEST OF THE DOORS - GREATEST HITS U.S. CD 1996 LIGHT MY FIRE RIDERS ON THE STORM USD $10.95 Buy It Now 5 days
BEST OF THE DOORS U.S. 2CD 1985 19 TRKS GREATEST HITS JIM MORRISON LIGHT MY FIRE USD $19.95 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS : LIGHT MY FIRE /PEOPLE ARE STRANGE RARE CANADA GOLD LABEL 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Light My Fire The Doors~RARE 1988 USSR Import Comp~NM Vinyl~FAST SHIPPING!!! USD $17.95 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - RARE COSTA RICA INDICA 45 7" USD $21.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light my fire/The crystal ship 7" Italian JB WL PRO 45 1967 Psych USD $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS 7'' PS Light My Fire Sweden VERY RARE KFF 715 UNIQUE Swedish COVER 45 USD $86.70 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS 7' PS Light My Fire Holland VOGUE HV 2097 VERY RARE UNIQUE COVER Dutch 45 USD $80.51 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS 7 PS Light My Fire Italy MEGA RARE Vedette VRN 34081 nice UNIQUE COVER 45 USD $117.67 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $61.87 Buy It Now 6 days
JOSE FELICIANO - Portrait The Best Of LP Telstar 1985 DOORS COVER light my fire USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Jose Feliciano - Feliciano! LP Light my Fire California Dreaming Beatles Doors USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
SILVER BLUE Light My Fire 45 7" NM US DANCE COVER ON THE DOORS CLASSIC LISTEN USD $5.98 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS DCC GOLD CD BRAND NEW SEALED JIM MORRISON 1967 PSYCH LIGHT MY FIRE USD $149.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS : LIGHT MY FIRE /PEOPLE ARE STRANGE RARE CANADA GOLD LABEL 45 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS-"Light My Fire" Original 1967 45 - VG+ USD $2.00 [1 bids]
The Doors Rare Israel Only 7" Light My Fire EP-IE 1022 VG/VG USD $250.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Garage Doors ELEKTRA 45615 Light my fire / The crystal ship ? USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 7 days
AMII STEWART "LIGHT MY FIRE" 7" VINYL SINGLE RECORD 1979 THE DOORS FUNK SOUL POP USD $3.49 Buy It Now 7 days
THE TEMPLETON TWINS - Light My Fire / Spinning Wheel 7" DOORS COVER Vault Record USD $3.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $4.32 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $6.18 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $18.57 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS Light My Fire 45rpm 7" EK 45615 Vinyl VG+ Quite Early USD $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship - ELEKTRA 45 RPM 7" VINYL USD $14.95 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / 7INCH USD $99.99 Buy It Now 8 days
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $4.89 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $6.50 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 12 INCH 45 RPM EKR125 (T) RECORD USD $19.81 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors "S/T" w/ Break On Through, Light My Fire, The End, Soul Kitchen USD $4.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS 1ST ALBUM 2007 REMASTER LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $4.94 [0 bids]
RAY MANZAREK - MY LIFE WITH THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - 1989 HARDBACK MINT USD $9.90 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire RARE PROMO Record Store Day RSD LIMITED EDITION VINYL USD $11.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 1991 UK 3-track 12" Vinyl Single EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $18.57 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS ep LIGHT MY FIRE + 3 mexico ID# 37014 PICTURE SLEEVE ELEKTRA 1486 EX+ USD $47.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Hip-Pocket Records "Light My Fire" MINT Sealed in Envelope USD $36.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE RARE LIVE PICTURE DISC USD $89.00 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $8.49 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(50%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(17%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
4 stars I've read in some Russian book (to save author from disgrace, I don't want to name him): "After the release of the Doors first album Jim Morrison woke up famous". Funny. Definitely he woke up and probably got himself a beer, but that's all - fame found him and other Doors some months later, when single version of ''Light My Fire'' appeared on air.

You probably know that back then, in the beginning of 1967, US radio stations refused to play 7-minute album version of ''Light My Fire'' and demanded a 3-minute single. Paul Rothchild made edits and covinced the band that the single has to be a huge hit. He was right - if in March 1967 THE DOORS played at half-empty Matrix club in San Francisco (''Live at the Matrix '67'' album and memories of surviving Doors prove this), in July ''Light My Fire'' was at the top of US charts.

Strangely, this short version of THE DOORS most popular song changed the band's life but was never published on CD until 1991. I can only guess why it never appeared as a bonus track on numerous reissues of THE DOORS debut album. Even without solos it's a great song. You can also hear (on CD single, which contains both single and the album versions of the song) that besides edits single version of "Light My Fire" is in mono.

Other songs are taken from the band's first 2 albums and I think you've heard them countless times.

As far as I can tell, even now it's the only CD containing single version of "Light My Fire". In general it's a record for fans/collectors, but songs are indisputable classics and rating them low would be a crime.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"