NINE SONGS OF JOHN LENNON

Collage Nine Songs Of John Lennon album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy COLLAGE Music
Studio Album, released in 1993

1. Power To The People (3:15)
2. Tomorrow Never Knows (4:11)
3. Woman (5:38)
4. God (7:22)
5. Well Well Well (1:43)
6. Imagine (6:05)
7. Give Peace A Chance (6:58)
8. There's A Place (3:48)
9. Cold Turkey (5:44)

- Krzysztof Palczewski / keyboards, backing vocals
- Mirek Gil / electric and acoustic guitars, backing vocals
- Wojtek Szadkowski / drums, percussion, backing vocals

CD Ars Mundi AMS 004R (1993) Poland

and to easy livin for the last updates

COLLAGE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy COLLAGE Nine Songs Of John Lennon Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Changes/Moonshine: Special EditionChanges/Moonshine: Special Edition
Metropolitan 1996
SafeSafe
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Metal Mind Poland 2003
The Best of Collage - I'll Be Loving You (Digitally Remastered)The Best of Collage - I'll Be Loving You (Digitally Remastered)
Essential Media Group 2010

More places to buy COLLAGE music online Buy COLLAGE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for COLLAGE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

COLLAGE Nine Songs Of John Lennon ratings distribution

COLLAGE Nine Songs Of John Lennon reviews

Review by Prog-jester
3 stars COLLAGE is always COLLAGE. Even when they play Lennon's songs! My favourite Mirek Gil's soloing , Krysz' keyboards and awesome Woitek drumming - all is here!!! Recorded as a test for Robert, new COLLAGE's singer, Songs fall to become a collector's rare item as they are not usual COLLAGE-type recording (despite what I said in the beginning). Anyway there are some nice versions like God (a blues?), Imagine and Give Peace a Chance. CD also has video to SAFE ballad from 1996 album, and it's pleasant bonus! Recommended mostly for collectors , but it's a good record = 3 stars as a whole

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#106441) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 07, 2007

Review by silvertree
3 stars Album made up of John Lennon covers. No original material... at least that's what you may think. John Lennon's songs are nearly unrecognisable. They are drenched in Collage's typical sound. I read in another review that this album was made as a test for their new singer. As far as I'm concerned, he failed. Everything is great except the voice unfortunately. They really should've stuck with their first singer. Anyway, I didn't know John Lennon's songs could sound progressive !!! Collage may be the best neo-progressive band after Marillion. Definitely recommended. 3 stars and a half if they hadn't changed the singer.

Send comments to silvertree (BETA) | Report this review (#112349) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 16, 2007

Review by UMUR
2 stars Nine Songs Of John Lennon is Polish band Collageīs second album. As the title suggests itīs made up of 9 interpretations of John Lennon songs. With albums that solely consists of cover songs two things have to be in place to fully enjoy the experience. First and most importantly you have to like the band who is playing the songs which means in this case Collage. To this I can say Yes. The second thing that has to be in place is that you have to like the original artist at least to some degree. To this I can only say partly and therefore this is a mixed experience for me.

The music is a strange mix of the original vocal lines from John Lennon songs like Imagine, Give Peace a Chance, Cold Turkey and The Beatles tune Tomorrow Never Knows and neo progressive arrangements with lots of melodic guitar leads and solos. I think the neo progressive style is great when itīs played by Collage. They really understand how to play this style but the John Lennon sections are not especially to my liking and that is because I never really liked the originals. Yes they are pop/ rock evergreens and some of them are beautiful, but this is just not my prefered style. Another thing Iīm not too impressed with the voice of Robert Amirian which I think is a bit weak.

The instrumental musicianship and the arrangements of the songs are the two reasons for getting this album because as always Wojtek Szadkowski plays his strange anarcistic drumming style, Krzysztof Palczewski lays everything to waste ( this is a positive remark) with his monumental keyboard work and Mirek Gil plays his beautiful guitar leads inspired by such greats as Alex Lifeson, Steve Rothery and David Gilmour.

The production is a bit thin but itīs not useless though.

Iīm gonna have to give this 2 stars because there are too many things I donīt like about the album to really call it good. There are parts in every song that deserves at least a 3 star rating but overall the album gets 2.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#167843) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 18, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars "Well Well Well" is the title of the fifth track from this homage to John Lennon. That's exactly the comment I made to myself while listening to this cover album.

The art of covering needs a lot of skills, of which the most important is to improve the quality of an original like "America" by Yes, "With A Little Help" from Joe Cocker etc.

I can't say that I find these qualities here even if the band tries to add a prog angle to these "Nine Songs". One of the most achieved is the psychedelic version for "Tomorrow Never Knows". Really good and innovative. If only all of this album would have been of this caliber!

"Woman" is also pleasantly revisited. As poignant as the original, I particularly like the excellent guitar work from Mirek Gil. In this respect, a special mention as well for his sublime intro on "God". A great piece of music indeed. The combination with the spacey keyboards are another fine moment of this album. The best one of the whole.

Most of the songs are introduced with an instrumental part which does not belong to the original, this is an approach similar to "Vanilla Fudge". But more rationale, less crazy. Confirmation of this aspect? "Give Peace A Chance". Weak.

The worse though was the opening "Power to the People" which is unbearable. If ever there was one good reason to record such an album, here is the answer from Wojtek Szadkowski (drummer).

"The reason why we recorded the cover album Nine Songs From John Lennon was to save the band from splitting! If we hadn't entered the studio then, Collage would no longer exist, so thank God that we did it".

Maybe for their upcoming album, because this one is of no interest to prog fans nor to Lennon's ones. Two stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#169598) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 02, 2008

Post a review of COLLAGE "Nine Songs Of John Lennon"