LIVE ON EARTH (CD/DVD)

Buy STAR ONE Music
Live, released in 2003

Disc 1 (53:50):
1. Lift Off (1:34)
2. Set Your Controls (6:19)
3. High Moon (5:28)
4. Dreamtime (2:55)
5. Eyes Of Time (3:50)
6. Songs Of The Ocean (5:59)
7. Dawn Of A Million Souls (5:17)
8. The Dream Sequencer (6:03)
9. Into The Black Hole (11:28)
10. Actual Fantasy (1:26)
11. Valley Of The Queens (3:23)

Disc 2 (60:16):
1. Isis And Osiris (8:48)
2. Amazing Flight In Space (8:00)
3. Intergalactic Space Crusaders (5:15)
4. Castle Hall (4:58)
5. The Eye Of Ra (9:16)
6. Starchild (9:22)
7. The Two Gates (14:35)

DVD (150 approx.):
Lift Off, Set Your Controls, High Moon, Dreamtime, Eyes Of Time, Songs Of The Ocean, Dawn Of A Million Souls, The Dream Sequencer, Keyboard solo, Into The Black Hole, Actual Fantasy, Valley Of The Queens, Isis And Osiris, Amazing Flight In Space, Bass Solo, Intergalactic Space Crusaders, Castle Hall, The Eye Of Ra, Starchild, The Two Gates

DVD Extras: Photo Gallery, Behind The Scenes, Space Truckin', Intergalactic Laxative, Dreamtime (vocals by Edward Reekers)

Search STAR ONE Live On Earth (CD/DVD) lyrics

- Floor and Irene Jansen / vocals
- Robert Soeterboek / vocals

CD/DVD Inside Out IOMCD 121

and to Rune2000 for the last updates

STAR ONE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STAR ONE Live On Earth (CD/DVD) Music

Live on EarthLive on Earth
Inside Out U.S. 2004
Victims of the Modern AgeVictims of the Modern Age
Inside Out U.S. 2010
STAR ONE VICTIMS OF THE MODERN AGE SEALED 2 CD SET 2011 US $6.83 Buy It Now 1 day
STAR ONE feat. SARAH LILLIE - Respect. rare UK 7 track CD (Buy 3 = Free P US $3.34 Buy It Now 1 day
(CZ79) Respect, Star One ft Sarah Lillie - DJ CD US $3.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Space Metal Arjen Anthony Lucassen's Star One CD US $12.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Wishing on a Star, One Direction, JLS, The X Factor, Good Single US $4.57 Buy It Now 4 days
STAR ONE / ARJEN ( LUCASSEN - VICTIMS OF THE MODERN AGE NEW CD US $21.97 Buy It Now 5 days
Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age US $11.75 Buy It Now 6 days
Richard Andersson's SPACE ODYSSEY - EMBRACE THE GALAXY CD LUCA TURILLI STAR ONE US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
MAXINE STARR THE WISHING STAR ONE SIDED WHITE LABEL PROMO NEW HITS NH 3010 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Big Star - One Record (Remastered) (Music CD) US $17.41 Buy It Now 7 days
Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age [CD New] US $14.60 Buy It Now 8 days
STAR ONE / ARJEN ( LUCASSEN - LIVE ON EARTH NEW CD US $27.33 Buy It Now 8 days
STAR ONE**VICTIMS OF THE MODERN AGE**CD US $15.18 Buy It Now 8 days
Star One - Live On Earth [CD New] US $19.35 Buy It Now 8 days
Fighter Star One CD Ultra Rare radio single US $12.49 Buy It Now 8 days
Arjen Anthony Star One Lucassen - Space Metal CD US $17.88 Buy It Now 9 days
Arjen Anthony Lucassen Star One Space Metal Thai 2 Cassette OOP 3 USD SHIPPING US $39.99 Buy It Now 10 days
1987 Atlantic Star One Lover At A Time 12" US $2.00 Buy It Now 10 days
1958 NICK NOBLE Lonely Star / One Track Mind Fraternity F-825 45 rpm NM- / VG+ US $2.75 Buy It Now 10 days
Wishing on a Star, One Direction, JLS, The X Factor, Very Good Single US $4.57 Buy It Now 10 days
Live On Earth - 2 DISC SET - Star One (2003, CD New) US $12.43 Buy It Now 10 days
STAR ONE - SPACE METAL [STAR ONE] - NEW CD US $12.92 Buy It Now 10 days
STAR ONE -Live On Earth (2CD 2003) AYREON IMPORT MINT US $18.99 Buy It Now 10 days
RUSSELL ALLEN Atomic Soul CD: SYMPHONY X, ADRENALINE MOB, STAR ONE, AYREON US $14.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Arjen Anthony Lucassen's Star One - Live On Earth (2 CD Set, 2003, Russia w/OBI) US $14.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Arjen Anthony Lucassen's Star One - Space Metal (CD, 2002, InsideOut, Germany) US $14.99 Buy It Now 10 days
ARJEN LUCASSEN'S: STAR ONE - VICTIMS OF THE MODERN AGE (IMPORT) NEW CD US $33.83 Buy It Now 11 days
Rare Metal CD STAR ONE Space Metal ORG FIRST EDITION Inside Out Music 2002 US $20.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Victims Of The Modern Age Arjen Lucassen'S: Star One CD US $27.99 Buy It Now 12 days
After Forever - Decipher (CD 2001) EPICA STAR ONE REVAMP NEMESEA NIGHTWISH US $25.20 Buy It Now 12 days
Space Metal by Arjen Anthony Lucassen/Star One (CD, Apr-2002, 2 Discs, Inside... US $13.79 Buy It Now 13 days
CITY WIDE RECORDS, SEALED, MIDNIGHT STAR, ONE WAY, PARLIAMENT, EDWIN BIRDSONG US $20.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Billboard Hot R&B Hits 1980 CD "Shining Star"/"One In A Million You" Hole-Punch US $14.24 Buy It Now 14 days
STAR ONE - VICTIMS OF THE MODERN AGE [STAR ONE] - NEW CD US $11.62 Buy It Now 15 days
LUCASSEN, ARJEN ANTHONYS STAR ONE: SPACE METAL NM CD Inside Out Germany US $11.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Victims of the Modern Age by Star One Like New US $7.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Space Metal - Arjen Anthony Star One Lucassen (2002, CD New) US $11.13 Buy It Now 16 days
ARJEN ANTHONY LUCASSEN'S STAR ONE live on Russian 2CD US $12.90 Buy It Now 17 days
STAR ONE / ARJEN ( LUCASSEN - SPACE METAL NEW CD US $22.74 Buy It Now 17 days
Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age (CD New) US $11.37 Buy It Now 17 days
Lucassen,Arjen Anthony Star One - Space Metal [CD New] US $15.90 Buy It Now 18 days
ARJEN LUCASSEN'S STAR ONE - SPACE METAL (UK) NEW CD US $27.71 Buy It Now 18 days
CHARLES and CARL 10" 78 Lucky Star/One More Chance US $14.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Arjen Anthony Lucassen: Lost In The New Real [2 CD] Ayreon/Star One PROG NM US $14.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Star One Live On Earth CD US $16.36 Buy It Now 18 days
Star One CD US $11.61 Buy It Now 18 days
Arjen Lucassen's Star One - Space Metal [CD New] US $10.70 Buy It Now 19 days
Space Metal Arjen Lucassen's Star One CD US $19.47 Buy It Now 19 days
Arjen Lucassens Star One - Space Metal CD US $22.47 Buy It Now 19 days
Threshold / Wounded Land JAPAN Star One Ayreon Dream Theater E US $34.99 Buy It Now 21 days
STAR ONE - LIVE ON EARTH - NEW CD BOXSET US $16.37 Buy It Now 21 days
Arjen Anthony Lucassen's Star One - Live on Earth (Live Recording) (CD 2003) US $11.75 Buy It Now 22 days
Mask / Bigger Star One People / Raid 12" Dope Dragon 1996 US $16.79 Buy It Now 26 days
Arjen Anthony Lucassen's Star One: Live on Earth ~ NEW 2CD + Bonus DVD [Limited] US $59.95 Buy It Now 27 days
STAR ONE - Space Metal CD 2002 IMPORT Arjen Lucassen NEW SEALED US $15.19 Buy It Now 28 days
Berri Shine Like A Star One Sided Promo 12"Vinyl Single US $15.95 Buy It Now 28 days
SPACE ODYSSEY - EMBRACE THE GALAXY 2003 1.PR. SEALED! LUCA TURILLI STAR ONE US $5.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Arjen Anthony Lucassen's Star One - Space Metal / TH 2 Cassette US $19.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy STAR ONE music online Buy STAR ONE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STAR ONE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STAR ONE Live On Earth (CD/DVD) ratings distribution

STAR ONE Live On Earth (CD/DVD) reviews

Review by loserboy
PROG REVIEWER Honorary Reviewer
4 stars STAR ONE is Arjen Anthony LUCASSEN aka AYREON and friends caught live on a double CD package blending perhaps the best prog metal and symphonic prog rock I have ever heard. I have been a big fan of Ayreon and really picked this CD up on a recommendation from a pal and I must agree that it is quite solid. On lots of the songs we get to hear the clairvoyant vox of THRESHOLD's Damian Wilson. There are a couple of real heavy tracks but I actually find them quite awesome and have finally found some ears for a bit of prog metal. A good chunk of the album is also from AYREON's "Into the Electric Castle" and "Universal Migrator" work which sounds great live. Highlight for me is "The Dream Sequencer" and "Isis and Osiris" which leave me simply amazed at the power and creativity. Overall an excllent live concert with some high energy and pompous keyboard driven heavy prog rock.

Send comments to loserboy (BETA) | Report this review (#17704) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 25, 2004

Review by Muzikman
5 stars Last summer I said that Arjen Anthony Lucassen and STAR ONE had created one of the best albums in the past five years, well I have another one to add to the list. ''Live On Earth'' was recorded during the tour's last gig in Rijssen, The Netherlands. The recording and sonics are superbly rendered and brilliantly representative of the studio recording.

Get ready for another warp drive rock 'n' roll ride as Lucassen and his cast of characters perform this passion play of sound and story. They play to a receptive audience ready to sing back all the words to each song when beckoned by the band.

I noticed something this time around that I obviously did not hear clearly enough on the studio album, the resemblance of DEEP PURPLE and ELP in their sound. I was too excited about the music to mention it I guess, in any event, I hear it loud and clear now. That is not a bad combination at all and a flattering comparison to make if I do say so myself. Everything is here on these live tracks... the stories, the spoken word narrations, the whirling dervish keyboards, kick ass guitars, and standout vocals from many talented people.

This will be one of the best, if not the best, live rock albums that you will hear in 2003. Yes, it is that good. There I go again; I cannot seem to help myself. Lucassen has put together an impressive team of talent and it shows when they step on stage to play this music. ''Live On Earth'' is out of this world.

Send comments to Muzikman (BETA) | Report this review (#17705) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Review by Menswear
4 stars You pay to hear, not to see.

When Ayreon rented the material to record his performance, he probably didn't had a lot to invest in visualistic departement, and we understand that creating a DVD costs a lot of dineros (Glass Hammer knows it too well). The concert hall is quite tiny, the stage is pretty puny too, I feared sometimes the singers could almost bump into the musicians and then fall off the stage. Could've been pretty funny thought! There's not many camera angles (I counted 4) so you see pretty much the stage in the same ways throughout the concert. Also it's done in a rather old way. Ayreon being a fan of metal, you will ecounter many metal clichés, like the Kiss headbanging of Luccassen, silly dancing of Russell and the cheesy outfits out of an episode of Cosmos 1999. No kidding, it really spreaded good humor and funny cracks in the living room just as watching with no sound.

Like Glass Hammer, Luccassen invested some crazy money in the audio departement. Trust me, this guy's a gearhead! Althought the visuals are not super (the image is kinda blurry, or is it my cataracts?) , the sound will blow you away. The audio mix is satisfying and like I said first, this is an hearing experience.

The singers totally support the show by themselves. Russell is the best singer to me, closely followed by Damian Wilson. Boy, those two are simply unstoppable on stage. They move, they dance and their voice doesn't flinge at all! Talk about professionalism from the Jansen sisters, giving superb vocals in every song. Nice move by Ayreon by putting the emphasis on the singing. I mean, I could've been satisfied by average singing considering the crazy effort by the band at reproducing almost perfectly the music; but on top of everything the singing is totally over the edge.

It's such a high level of quality, it's really hard not to forgive the bits, misses and cheesyness of the approach, and talk about the high price of the package...up to 80$!

W-O-W.

Send comments to Menswear (BETA) | Report this review (#60211) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, December 12, 2005

Review by evenless
4 stars Star One is a straightforward and hard-edge metal side-project which Arjen Lucassen created as a reaction to the soft and atmospheric Ambeon release a year earlier. Although Star One was initially intended to be a single-singer project, it quickly transformed into a multi-singer project featuring singers Russell Allen, Dan Swanö, Damian Wilson and Floor Jansen, and later that year Arjen toured with most of this stellar cast during the Intergalactic Space Crusader Tour 2002.

Nearly all the songs are based on science fiction movies situated in space. The name Star One come comes from a 70s cult British television series named Blakes 7 in which an artificial planet called Star One is featured. The song Intergalactic Space Crusaders is also based on this series.

My personal favourites of this album are "High Moon" and "Intergalactic Space Crusaders". Let me quote what the songs are about:

"High Moon" is Based on the movie 'Outland'. The song tells the story of a new sheriff that has arrived at a mining colony on the third moon of Jupiter where strange things are happening. Miners suffer from hallucinations and some end up killing themselves. Their behaviour appears to be linked to a drug they take to make life more bearable on the moon. In reality the company gives the miners the drug to increase the miner's productivity. The sheriff hopes to uncover the scandal, but his wife, unable to handle the new life-style, leaves for earth with their child. The sheriff vows to join them, but first must stop the mining company from killing more people.

"Intergalactic Space Crusaders" is based on the television series 'Blakes 7'. The song tells the story of a rebel leader, Blake and his battle against the Federation, the government led by a dictator. The Federation has captured Blake and to ensure he is useless to the rebels they erase his memory. But when Blake's memory slowly returns he is sent to a prison colony. During his trip to prison Blake meets other prisoners, among them a grumpy computer genius, Avon, who was caught during a 'bank credit' heist. When the prisoner ship encounters an alien ship, the Liberator, Blake, Avon, and some other prisoners escape and then use the hi-tech vessel to overthrow the Federation. After a major battle to destroy the artificial planet Star One, Blake disappears, and when the crew finds him again, they are led to believe Blake is a traitor. As Federation soldiers enter the building to arrest the crew, Avon, unable to understand the reasons for this betrayal, kills Blake.

What I really like in "Intergalactic Space Crusaders" is the duality / fight between sir Russell Allen as the dictator and Damian Wilson as Blake, the rebel leader. Watch those guys sing and watch each other as if their lives depended on it. Great stuff!

The DVD is quite a performance, however the only remark I could make is that it should have been mixed in DD 5.1 or dts as supposed to the 2.0 channel PCM track.

Send comments to evenless (BETA) | Report this review (#110874) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars Back in #67 I raved about the new project that had been put together by Arjen Anthony Lucassen, Star One. That concept album has since been taken on the road and he has brought with him many of the musicians that were initially involved. This means that there are five singers involved, all with a part to play, and on songs such as "Set Your Controls" when they are vying for position it is a sight to be heard. (!, yeah, I know, but you get the idea). Of course, one of the singers is Damian Wilson and I have never hidden my admiration for his vocal prowess, yet here he is fine company and fits in well instead of dominating the proceedings.

This is technical hard rock, with just enough prog influences to keep fans of that genre interested but in many ways this is more complex than even Damian's old outfit Threshold, although not quite as heavy. This is a concept album being played live, although with some added songs that aren't on the studio, but there are some spoken pieces I an attempt to set the scene. It can be played as separate songs, although if possible it is best to sit and listen intently to the double CD in one sitting. This is the version that I have been sent, but I believe that it is also available as a double CD with a DVD, which must be worth seeing. If you want complicated hard rock with more than a touch of prog metal than this is it.

Originally appeared in Feedback #73, Jun 03

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#978698) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 15, 2013

5 stars One of the best DVD's in my collection so far. Really. When I first heard Star One's Space Metal (Limited Edition) at my dad's, we sort of immediately went off to buy the DVD. I don't remember clearly how it went, but I'm sure glad it happened. 'Tis a rare chance nowadays seeing Arjen live ... (read more)

Report this review (#89435) | Posted by Tailscent | Monday, September 11, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Arjen goes Metal!!! That's the sentence I read on the catalogue from InsideOut music and I thought I should have it soon. Actually, the songs from Ayreon is far better than Star One, although I liked their songs such as "Starchild", "Songs Of The Ocean", and "Intergalactic Space Crusaders" (m ... (read more)

Report this review (#89226) | Posted by Fernandi | Friday, September 08, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I was one of the lucky people who was present at one of the few performances of star one. It was a unique experience. while you are taken on a journey to space you will forget everything around you. The vocals of Russel Allen are the best. a bit dissapointing is the singing of robert soetenbroek but ... (read more)

Report this review (#17702) | Posted by | Tuesday, February 10, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of STAR ONE "Live On Earth (CD/DVD)"