TAKE YOUR FINGERS FROM MY HAIR

Dream Theater Take Your Fingers From My Hair album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy DREAM THEATER Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2009

1. Take Your Fingers From My Hair (8:18)

Search DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair lyrics

Search DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair tabs

- James LaBrie / vocals
- John Petrucci / guitar
- Jordan Rudess / keyboard
- John Myung / bass
- Mike Portnoy / drums

Thanks to Ykoz for the addition

DREAM THEATER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair Music

Dream TheaterDream Theater
Roadrunner Records 2013
The Studio Albums 1992-2011The Studio Albums 1992-2011
Box set
Roadrunner 2014
Metropolis Part 2: Scenes from a MemoryMetropolis Part 2: Scenes from a Memory
Elektra 1999
A Dramatic Turn of Events (Special Edition) (CD+DVD)A Dramatic Turn of Events (Special Edition) (CD+DVD)
Roadrunner Records 2011
AwakeAwake
Atlantic 1994
Images & WordsImages & Words
Atlantic 1992
Dream Theater - Score: 20th Anniversary World Tour Live with the Octavarium OrchestraDream Theater - Score: 20th Anniversary World Tour Live with the Octavarium Orchestra
Multiple Formats
Six Degrees of Inner TurbulenceSix Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Wea/Elektra Entertainment 2002
Change of SeasonsChange of Seasons
Atlantic 1995
PERIPHERY Periphery 2: This Time It's Personal CD DREAM THEATER US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
BALANCE OF POWER: TEN MORE TALES... CD DREAM THEATER QUEENSRYCHE PROG METAL US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Dream Theater - Images & Words 180g vinyl LP NEW/SEALED US $31.54 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Dream Theater - Once In A Livetime 4x 180g vinyl NEW/SEALED Theatre US $49.85 Buy It Now 2h 32m
DREAM THEATER Metropolis PT.2 Scenes From A Memory Taiwan [2-CD] New Sealed US $78.89 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Dream Theater 5 x Original Album Series Progressive Metal Rock Music CD Set New US $24.95 Buy It Now 3h 59m
DREAM THEATER - 5CD ORIGINAL ALBUM SERIES (NEW/SEALED) Inc Awake Images US $19.96 Buy It Now 4h
Derek Sherinian - Planet X SEALED CD 1999 DREAM THEATER US $9.97 Buy It Now 4h
Dream Theater A Dramatic Turn Of Events CD + DVD Box Set Metal Music Album New US $21.62 Buy It Now 5h 7m
DREAM THEATER - SYSTEMATIC CHAOS (+DVD) (SPECIAL) NEW CD US $27.25 Buy It Now 6h 29m
THRESHOLD "Hypothetical" CD 2001 Inside Out IOMACD 2022 Dream Theater US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 42m
Dream Theater - Octavarium (2005) - Used - Compact Disc US $2.69 Buy It Now 7h 44m
Until Rain-Anthem to Creation Fates Warning,Dream Theater,Symphony X,Progressive US $14.99 Buy It Now 8h
Dream Theater [Bonus DVD] [Limited Edition] by Dream Theater (CD, Sep-2013,... US $37.13 Buy It Now 8h 16m
Dream Theater Once in a Livetime Alternative Progressive Metal Music CD New US $18.29 Buy It Now 8h 17m
DREAM THEATER - DREAM OUT LOUD - CD - VERY RARE US $38.99 [0 bids]
Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Dream Theater New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $36.99 Buy It Now 9h 5m
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos (Dlx) (2007) - Used - Compact Disc US $4.31 Buy It Now 9h 9m
Dream Theater A Dramatic Turn Of Events 2011 CD Metal Music Album Brand New US $11.64 Buy It Now 9h 22m
Dream Theater - Self Titled 180g Vinyl 2LP Record Album + FLAC NEW 2013! US $31.01 Buy It Now 9h 35m
STUDIO ALBUMS 1992-2011 BY DREAM THEATER (CD) US $69.16 Buy It Now 10h 37m
Dream Theater / Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory JAPAN ORG PROMO!!!!!!!! C US $39.99 Buy It Now 10h 39m
Everon / Paradoxes JAPAN Rush Dream Theater Prog C US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 40m
Explorers Club /Raising The Mammoth JAPAN Dream Theater C US $24.99 Buy It Now 10h 40m
Explorers Club / Age of Impact JAPAN Dream Theater Magellan NEW!!!!! #F US $34.99 Buy It Now 10h 42m
Psychotic Waltz / Into the Everflow JAPAN Fates Warning Dream Theater OOP!!! E US $24.99 Buy It Now 10h 42m
Dream Theater / Excellent - Live 93 ORG *L US $34.99 Buy It Now 10h 44m
Images and Words by Dream Theater (CD, Feb-1992, Atco Records) US $4.50 [0 bids]
A Dramatic Turn of Events by Dream Theater (CD, Sep-2011, Roadrunner Records) US $4.50 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Images And Words CD FREE P&P !! US $9.97 Buy It Now 12h 4m
Dream Theater - Awake CD ALBUM FREE UK P&P !! US $6.61 Buy It Now 12h 4m
@ CD Jordan Rudess - 4NYC DREAM THEATER / MAGNA CARTA RECORDS 2002 US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 21m
Dream Theater Black Clouds And Silver Linings 2009 CD Progressive Metal Album US $11.64 Buy It Now 12h 27m
Album Network 32 PROMO Dream Theater R.E.M. Portishead Ferry Sebadoh Pryor Foxx US $10.00 [0 bids]
A Change of Seasons [EP] by Dream Theater (CD, Sep-1995, Elektra (Label)) US $0.99 [2 bids]
DREAM THEATER a Change Of Seasons CD Japan OBI RARE ORIGINAL 1995 AMCY-885 US $9.50 [1 bids]
EXPLORERS CLUB Raising The Mammoth CD Japan OBI RARE - DREAM THEATER - KANSAS US $9.50 [0 bids]
Dream Theater Systematic Chaos 2007 Progressive Metal Music CD+DVD Box Set New US $21.62 Buy It Now 14h 16m
Dream Theater Live Scenes from New York 3 CD Japanese Import Banned 9/11 Cover US $40.00 Buy It Now 14h 35m
Dream Theater Greatest Hit & 21 Other Pretty Cool Songs Metal Music CD Brand New US $13.30 Buy It Now 15h 17m
Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons (CD 1995) US $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 26m
Dream Theater 'Illumination Theory' LP Vinyl Unplayed RSD US $14.99 Buy It Now 15h 39m
DREAM THEATER - DREAM THEATER (180GM) NEW VINYL US $43.00 Buy It Now 16h 4m
DREAM THEATER - SYSTEMATIC CHAOS: SPECIAL EDITION - NEW CD US $13.97 Buy It Now 16h 20m
JAMES LABRIE Elements of Persuasion CD, 2005, ADV PROMO RARE!!! DREAM THEATER US $15.00 Buy It Now 16h 30m
? Dream Theater - Live Scenes From New York (2001) Original Recalled NEW OOP HTF US $14.51 [3 bids]
DREAM THEATER ILLUMINATION THEORY LP RSD 2014/ FATES WARNING / QUEENSRYCHE /RUSH US $18.98 Buy It Now 17h 7m
DREAM THEATER**DREAM THEATER (DELUXE LIMITED SET)**3 VINYL+CD+DVD+USB BOX SET US $86.50 Buy It Now 17h 28m
Awake by Dream Theater (Cassette, Oct-1994, Elektra (Label) MINT US $0.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity 180g Audiophile Vinyl 2LP Record NEW 2013 US $33.35 Buy It Now 18h 4m
Systematic Chaos by Dream Theater (CD, Jun-2007, ICRecords Made In Colombia) US $7.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - 2013 Self Titled 180g DOUBLE LP BRAND NEW/SEALED! FREE SHIPPING! US $25.99 Buy It Now 19h 18m
Dream Theater Illumination Theory Picture Disc Record Store Day RSD 2014 US $15.57 Buy It Now 20h 6m
Dream Theater ?Through Her Eyes Japan CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 20h 15m
Marillion FRC 13 Live CD Brave Made Again Tour Fish Rush Yes Dream Theater US $39.99 Buy It Now 20h 48m
Pain Of Salvation Perfect Element CD Marillion Dream Theater Transatlantic Impor US $6.99 Buy It Now 20h 54m
Marillion Live At Walsall 1990 Rare Fish CD Transatlantic Genesis Dream Theater US $49.99 Buy It Now 20h 54m
DIANOYA Lidocaine CD PRoG MeTaL Riverside, Opeth, Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree US $14.99 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER ILLUMINATION THEORY 2014 RSD RECORD STORE DAY 12" Singl Vinyl FREE US $30.00 Buy It Now 22h 17m
Jacobs Dream - Theater of War US $11.99 Buy It Now 22h 23m
Dream Theater Metropolis PT 2:Scenes From A Memory Metal cd Progressive Rock US $5.99 [0 bids]
+ DREAM THEATER OCTAVARIUM CD near mint! US $6.52 Buy It Now 23h 27m
DREAM THEATER / A CHANGE OF SEASONS JAPAN CD OOP US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
FALCONER - Among Beggars And Thieves (CD) 2008 +2 (DREAM THEATER style) US $9.07 Buy It Now 1 day
Dream Theater - Images And Words 2 LP Vinyl Metallica, Rush, Megadeth, Slayer US $100.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Derek Sherinian - Inertia JAPAN CD (2001) +1 secret track promo Dream Theater US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER - Magazine Poster US $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER - LIVE AT BUDOKAN (180GM) NEW VINYL US $78.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER - ONCE IN A LIVETIME (180GM) NEW VINYL US $78.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER - FALLING INTO INFINITY (180GM) NEW VINYL US $58.81 Buy It Now 1 day
Dream Theater - Live Scenes From Ny CD US $20.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Dream Theater - Train Of Thought CD US $17.98 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER: LIVE AT LUNA PARK [DVD BOXSET] [5 DISCS] - NEW DVD BOXSET US $41.55 Buy It Now 1 day
Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity (1997) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.01 Buy It Now 1 day
Dream Theater - Images And Words Vinyl Record Imort 2013 New US $36.99 Buy It Now 1 day
WATCHTOWER-ENERGETIC DISASSEMBLY+CONTROL 1ST PRESS (METALLICA , DREAM THEATER US $150.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER "Black Clouds and Silver Linings" LP 2009 Roadrunner (Vinyl US $33.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER OFFICIAL BOOTLEG SERIES DARK SIDE OF THE MOON DIGIPAK 2 CD OBI US $17.09 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER SIX DEGREES CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $149.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Dream Theater Awake LIKE NEW 11 Track CD 1994 Hard Rock Progressive Metal US $6.98 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER WHEN DREAM AND DAY CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $149.80 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER OCTAVARIUM CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $149.80 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER SYSTEMATIC CHAOS CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $149.80 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER FALLING INTO INFIN CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $149.80 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER LIVE AT THE MARQUEE CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P US $149.80 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER ONCE IN A LIVE TIME CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P US $149.80 Buy It Now 1 day
A Change of Seasons [EP] by Dream Theater (CD) Perfect Strangers, The Rover US $14.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt 2: Scenes From A Memory 2LP Vinyl Record rare OOP US $60.00 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt 2: Scenes From A Memory 2LP Vinyl Record rare OOP US $95.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Jordan Rudess - Prime Cuts (CD 2006) NEW/SEALED (Dream Theater) US $4.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Vanden Plas / Colour Temple JAPAN+2 Dream Theater *N US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Vanden Plas / The God Thing JAPAN+1 Dream Theater OOP!!!!! *N US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Metropolis Part 2: Scenes from a Memory, Dream Theater, Very Good US $9.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Guitar god Joe Satriani - Crystal Planet Dream theater john petrucci steve vai US $3.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings KOREA CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Conflict & Dreams by Cairo (CD, Jan-1998, Magna Carta) prog rock dream theater US $3.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater Live Scenes From New York recalled burning NY Artwork cover SS new US $211.11 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER Chaos In Motion 2007/2008 World Tour T-SHIRT US $54.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER ^ 2x ISRAEL HEBREW POSTER US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Jelly Jam - feat Members of Dream Theater, King'... US $8.74 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy DREAM THEATER music online Buy DREAM THEATER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DREAM THEATER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair ratings distribution

DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Take Your Fingers From My Hair' - Dream Theater (Single)

Listening to Dream Theater's cover of 'Take Your Fingers From My Hair,' I get a very vivid recount of the 'Change Of Seasons' EP. I think it's something about the contagiously energetic chorus in this song that makes my fond memories of listening to the first batch of covers (especially the 1994 rendition of 'Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding.') Keeping that in mind, this song has a nice ability to cheer me up.

But enough of my nostalgic rambling...

This cover is good, but in the whole of the new batch of covers that Dream Theater has released (as of 2009,) it doesn't really stand out. There is some great acoustic tone here from John Petrucci, and chord changes that remind me a little bit of fellow prog legend Ayreon's quieter tracks.

The time where this track (and especially LaBrie's vocals) shine is during the aforementioned chorus. There is great energy to be heard.

This cover would have special meaning to the band, as Zebra (the ones who originally played this song, for those who didn't know) was a band that Dream Theater opened up for early on in their career, and it really helped them open up to the public.

Good cover, but it doesn't stand out too much for me.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#223244) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 26, 2009

Review by Gatot
4 stars How rockin' are you?

If the question is pointed to me, I am afraid I can answer accurately. Before I purchased this deluxe edition of Dream Theater 'Black Clouds & Silver Linings' album I thought I knew a lot about rock music. In fact I am NOT at all! I am just a rock fan for groups that I know. Man ... it's a pity that Had claimed myself as a rocker / proghead of the 70s but I had never heard that there has been a band called Zebra on planet Earth. Oh .. shame on me man! And yeah, thanks to Dream Theater who shows me the hill to see this band even though in its cover version.

As a matter of curiosity I then asked my dear friend Dr. Wiki to let me know who Zebra is. And this is his answer: Zebra is a hard rock band that came together in 1975 in New Orleans, Louisiana. It features Randy Jackson (guitar and vocals), Felix Hanemann (bass, keyboards and vocals) and Guy Gelso (drums and vocals). Their mainstream debut on Atlantic Records was in 1983, highlighted by the singles "Tell Me What You Want" and "Who's Behind The Door"

Oh my God..!!! It's the band of the 70s and I had never known it before! Lucky that I know Dream Theater so that Portnoy cs introduced me to the band through this cover of their single in 1983 (the year when a new band, out of the blue singing 'So here I am once more ...!!!').

How should I put it into perspective?

Especially with the fact that until now I have never heard any music at all from the unknown band (my case) called Zebra? Is it fair for me to write a review on this cover? If you don't think it's fair, you should stop reading it, it's gonna be a waste of time for you to continue ... I tell you!

Thanks for being with me until this sentence because you can afford to bear with me on where I should put my standpoint on a review of cover song that I had never heard before. First, learning from other covers that DT makes from songs that I already knew before, I would assume that DT has not made any significant change on the basic arrangement. If it differs, I believe it would be on guitar solo. But major riffs would be similar (I assume). Second, I can put my words on how the composition of Zebra on this song. I think you understand my standpoint now.

First off, let me tell you .. the song reminds me to 70s band called BOSTON especially when I heard the acoustic guitar version at the intro of this song. It reminds me to Boston's 'More Than a Feeling' even though the basic structure and patterns are different. But at least the nuance is similar. Even though the band is actually a hard rock band, I can see the progressive nature of this song especially when I look at the structure - it changes as the music flows from on segment to another, even though not as dynamic as symphonic prog music. I suddenly remember Triumph / Rick Emmet's song called 'Blinding Light Show' in which this 'Take Your Fingers From My Hair' shares similar structure. I am not saying plagiarism at all.

I really enjoy this song and I regret only know this song nowadays. The flow from intro part using acoustic guitar and vocal line into heavier part has been crafted smoothly by the band. What is so dominating (and it's very good) is the guitar solo by Petrucci. He plays his guitar like crazy in fast speed, it reminds me to Yngwie Malmsteen's guitar style. This song which consumes 8 minutes duration is an excellent song to enjoy. Keep on rockin' ....!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#227222) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 17, 2009

Review by jampa17
2 stars This is a very obscure song of a very obscure band. I don't have any background about Zebra but this is really a great track. There's a special soul within this song, very uplifting, that Dream Theater played with great talent. This is a cover and is included in their 3 CD special edition of the album Black Clouds & Silver Linings.

This is a promo CD, so it's nothing special if you already have that edition, but if you don't and happen this cross your way, you can really be smart and take a copy with you. It's a collectors item, which is cool and the content is 8 minutes of a wonderful song, emotional and original, and as it's a cover you can feel a complete different vibe about it.

Was nice to make the expectation of bringing out one cover per week before the release of their 10th studio album. I'm glad they do it, and I do want to hear the original version. 2 stars is fair.

Send comments to jampa17 (BETA) | Report this review (#273800) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Review by baz91
5 stars Dream Theater's cover of Zebra's 1989 song Take Your Fingers From My Hair is the fourth out of five covers the band released in the build up to their tenth album 'Black Clouds & Silver Linings'. This is definitely my favourite of the lot. This song kicks arse. At over 8 minutes in length, this is a rock number that you won't forget. The verses are based around a simple guitar melody, but the chorus is an anthemic rocker that buries itself in your head. Amazingly enough, LaBrie manages to successfully pull off the high vocals in the chorus. The best part of the track though is surely the 2 minute instrumental outro which rocks so hard, you feel like the room will collapse around you. Combined with a phenomenal Petrucci guitar solo, this is a masterpiece cover that'll leave you dazed.

Send comments to baz91 (BETA) | Report this review (#524609) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 16, 2011

Post a review of DREAM THEATER "Take Your Fingers From My Hair"