TAKE YOUR FINGERS FROM MY HAIR

Dream Theater Take Your Fingers From My Hair album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy DREAM THEATER Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2009

1. Take Your Fingers From My Hair (8:18)

Search DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair lyrics

Search DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair tabs

- James LaBrie / vocals
- John Petrucci / guitar
- Jordan Rudess / keyboard
- John Myung / bass
- Mike Portnoy / drums

Thanks to Ykoz for the addition

DREAM THEATER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair Music

Dream TheaterDream Theater
Roadrunner Records 2013
The Studio Albums 1992-2011The Studio Albums 1992-2011
Box set
Roadrunner 2014
Images & WordsImages & Words
Atlantic 1992
A Dramatic Turn of Events (Special Edition) (CD+DVD)A Dramatic Turn of Events (Special Edition) (CD+DVD)
Roadrunner Records 2011
Elektra 1999
Six Degrees of Inner TurbulenceSix Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Music on Vinyl 2013
Vinyl$23.57
DREAM THEATER - Milan 1993 Live 2CD Ultra Rare! Kevin Moore bootleg Limited US $59.99 [0 bids]
40m
WATCHTOWER-ENERGETIC DISASSEMBLY+CONTROL 1ST PRESS (METALLICA , DREAM THEATER US $150.00 Buy It Now 3h 49m
DREAM THEATER - MAGAZINE CENTRESPREAD POSTER (REF CA) US $8.34 Buy It Now 3h 50m
EU import DREAM THEATER 2-LP+Dowload 180-Gram Vinyl GATEFOLD 2013 NEW sealed US $27.88 Buy It Now 4h 15m
dream theater pull me under promo 1 track single super rare !!!!! no scratch US $194.99 Buy It Now 4h 43m
DREAM THEATER Octavarium OZ CD 2005 US $9.27 Buy It Now 4h 48m
Dream Theater- Chaos In Motion (2007-2008) - RR09249 US $25.39 Buy It Now 5h 9m
Dream Theater- Dramatic Turn of Events - RR77652 US $16.69 Buy It Now 5h 9m
DREAM THEATER SEPTIC FLESH IN FLAMES POSTER US $15.99 Buy It Now 5h 26m
Dream Theater - Images And Words - RARE 1992 USA Made CD LISTEN Prog-Rock-Metal US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 30m
Porcupine Tree - Recordings 2xLP k-scope reissue prog rock rush dream theater US $28.00 Buy It Now 5h 59m
DREAM THEATER - LIVE AT LUNA PARK (2PC) NEW DVD US $23.82 Buy It Now 6h 9m
2 CD-DREAM THEATER AND J.SATRIANI LIKE QUEENSRYCHE,SAVATAGE,FATES WARNING,MOORE US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Images and Words by Dream Theater (Cassette, Feb-1992, Elektra (Label)) US $3.99 [0 bids]
IRON MAIDEN DREAM THEATER POSTER US $16.99 Buy It Now 6h 47m
DREAM THEATER Metropolis PT.2 Scenes From A Memory Taiwan w/box 2-CD+Live New US $49.99 [0 bids]
FRAGILE VASTNESS - Excerpts... (CD 2002) Progressive Metal Dream Theater Fates US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 47m
JESTER DIGITALIA CD Dream Theater Vader Accept Blsck Sabbath US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 59m
Night Castle (2 CD), Trans-Siberian Orchestra Savatage Dream Theater Megadeth US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 59m
Iris CD Crossing The Desert Marillion Dream Theater Yes Rush Transatlantic US $15.99 Buy It Now 7h 59m
POSTMORTEM - REPULSION CD Dream Theater US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 59m
Falling into Infinity by Dream Theater (CD, Sep-1997, Elektra (Label)) US $7.77 Buy It Now 8h 3m
Vigilante / Edge Of Time JAPAN Queensryche Dream Theater E US $24.99 Buy It Now 8h 22m
Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings [CD New] US $20.44 Buy It Now 8h 39m
Octavarium - Dream Theater CD Sealed ! New ! US $4.76 Buy It Now 8h 39m
CHROMA KEY - You Go Now CD - KEVIN MOORE (ex-Dream Theater) - New but not sealed US $14.90 Buy It Now 8h 43m
James Labrie ELEMENTS OF PERSUASION 2005 CD Dream Theater US $6.39 Buy It Now 9h 21m
DREAM THEATER - LIVE AT LUNA PARK - EREDV967 US $27.25 Buy It Now 9h 22m
DREAM THEATER - DREAM THEATER - RR76042 US $20.86 Buy It Now 9h 23m
DREAM THEATER - DREAM THEATER (DELUXE) - RR76045 US $22.72 Buy It Now 9h 23m
DREAM THEATER - LIVE AT LUNA PARK - EREDV979 US $129.54 Buy It Now 9h 29m
DREAM THEATER - LIVE AT LUNA PARK - DVD+CD SET - ERDVCD082 US $46.81 Buy It Now 9h 29m
Dream Theater [Vinyl New] US $26.95 Buy It Now 9h 34m
Dream Theater - Octavarium [Vinyl New] US $33.93 Buy It Now 9h 34m
Dream Theater - Images & Words [Vinyl New] US $27.77 Buy It Now 9h 34m
Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity [Vinyl New] US $34.98 Buy It Now 9h 34m
Dream Theater - Once In A Livetime [Vinyl New] US $43.93 Buy It Now 9h 42m
DREAM THEATER - SCORE 20TH ANNIVERSARY WORLD TOUR (IMPORT) NEW VINYL US $116.52 Buy It Now 9h 46m
DOMINICI 2007 CD - 03 a Trilogy Part 2 - Dream Theater/Threshold/ US $8.50 [0 bids]
Black Clouds & Silver Linings [Special Edition] by Dream Theater (CD,... US $8.40 [4 bids]
Dream Theater - Live At Budokan (NEW 4 x 12" VINYL LP) US $55.55 Buy It Now 10h 19m
DREAM THEATER - BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS (SPECIAL) NEW CD US $33.75 Buy It Now 10h 45m
Dream Theater Black Clouds & Silver Linings Deluxe Collectors Edition CD/LP/DVD US $44.99 Buy It Now 10h 55m
Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity - Vinyl 2-LP Import 2013 New US $41.99 Buy It Now 11h 11m
Dreamscape - End of Silence CD Progressive Metal Dream Theater CD US $1.99 [0 bids]
A Change of Seasons [EP] by Dream Theater (CD, Sep-1995, Elektra (Label)) US $13.99 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Awake by Dream Theater (CD, Oct-1994, Elektra (Label)) US $13.99 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Images and Words by Dream Theater (CD, Feb-1992, Elektra (Label)) US $13.99 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Octavarium by Dream Theater (CD, Jun-2005, Atlantic (Label)) US $13.99 Buy It Now 11h 43m
A Dramatic Turn of Events by Dream Theater (CD, Sep-2011, Roadrunner Records) US $13.99 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Falling into Infinity by Dream Theater (CD, Sep-1997, Elektra (Label)) US $13.99 Buy It Now 11h 43m
When Dream & Day Unite 1989 by Dream Theater BRAND NEW CD US $13.99 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Train of Thought by Dream Theater (CD, Nov-2003, Elektra (Label)) US $13.99 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Black Clouds & Silver Linings by Dream Theater (CD, 2009, Roadrunner Records) US $13.99 Buy It Now 11h 43m
DREAM THEATER SCENES FROM A MEMORY SEALED CD NEW US $6.21 Buy It Now 11h 57m
Live At The Marquee by Dream Theater (CD, Feb-1992, Import) US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 47m
Dream Theater Systematic Chaos 2 LP 180 gram SEALED US $23.99 Buy It Now 12h 56m
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence by Dream Theater (CD, Jan-2002, 2 Discs, EastWes US $12.99 Buy It Now 13h
INNER SANCTUM 12 am 1986 private Lp US Metal pre Dream Theater US $80.00 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER ILLUMINATION THEORY 12" PICTURE DISC VINYL RECORD LTD RSD 2014 US $14.99 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER-Systematic Chaos Rare 180 G VINYL LP US $49.99 Buy It Now 13h 24m
Dream Theater - Score 20th Anniversary World Tour [Vinyl New] US $55.58 Buy It Now 13h 37m
Dream Theater Images and Words Limited 180gram Audiophile LP US $38.65 Buy It Now 13h 44m
Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity US $5.00 Buy It Now 13h 59m
Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons US $4.00 Buy It Now 14h
Dream Theater - Awake US $4.00 Buy It Now 14h 2m
Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 2 : Scenes From A Memory US $5.00 Buy It Now 14h 3m
Dream Theater - Once In A LiveTime (2CD SET) US $8.00 Buy It Now 14h 5m
Marillion Crash Course CD 15 F Fish Genesis Dream Theater Rare Fish Christmas US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 59m
DREAM THEATER METROPOLIS PT 2: SCENES FROM A MEMORY BLACK VINYL 2 LP NEW SEALED US $79.95 Buy It Now 15h 35m
Dream Theater Images And Words cd US $7.99 [0 bids]
Awake, Dream Theater, New US $11.50 Buy It Now 15h 40m
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence by Dream Theater (CD, Jan-2002, 2 Discs,... US $7.99 Buy It Now 16h 13m
DREAM THEATER - Instrumental 1 CD 1987 Very Rare +2 Limited Majesty US $44.99 [0 bids]
Taiwan CD w/OBI SEALED! DREAM THEATER S/T Album Petrucci James LaBrie John Myung US $24.99 Buy It Now 17h 26m
Dream Theater SEALED CD A Change of Seasons US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 36m
(36) DREAM THEATER ULTIMATE CD COLLECTION Fan Club / 911 / Live / Bootlegs /RARE US $500.00 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER Once In A Livetime 98 East West America Japan CD w/OBI US $13.99 Buy It Now 18h 15m
Octavarium by Dream Theater (CD, Jun-2005, Atlantic (Label)) US $5.85 Buy It Now 18h 16m
Train of Thought by Dream Theater (CD, Nov-2003, Elektra (Label)) [LIKE NEW] US $4.95 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER - SIX DEGREES OF INNER TURBULENCE (180GM) NEW VINYL US $58.87 Buy It Now 18h 44m
Lisa Bouchelle Paint Your Dreams NEW 2006 JAPAN 1st CD+2 Bonus Trx Dream Theater US $12.98 [0 bids]
JAMES LaBRIE'S MULLMUZZLER 2 Japan CD w/Obi, Sticker : MICP-10254 DREAM THEATER US $29.99 Buy It Now 19h 30m
JAMES LABRIE'S MULLMUZZLER - Keep It to Yourself & 2 JAPAN JPN CD DREAM THEATER US $7.90 [0 bids]
Conflict & Dreams by Cairo (CD, Jan-1998, Magna Carta) prog rock dream theater US $3.99 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER "5 years in a LIVE Time" SEALED VHS version NTSC, US $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 29m
Systematic Chaos by Dream Theater US $6.71 Buy It Now 20h 37m
Dream Theater - Live At Budokan (2004) - New - Digital Video Disc US $16.68 Buy It Now 21h
Liquid Tension Experiment Levin Petrucci Portnoy Rudess Dream Theater K Crimson US $23.00 Buy It Now 21h 47m
Dream Theater [180 Gram] by Dream Theater (Vinyl, Sep-2013, 2 Discs,... US $29.99 Buy It Now 22h 54m
CD Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos ROADRUNNER RECORDS 2007 US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 59m
Dream Theater Lie EU Vinyl 12 inch Single in Signed Picture Sleeve Poster US $199.99 Buy It Now 23h 12m
DREAM THEATER Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory 180-gram VINYL 2LP Numbered US $199.00 Buy It Now 23h 57m
FATAL MORGANA - In Quiet Us Queensryche, Dream Theater US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER - When Dream And Day Unite JAPAN SHM-CD LTD mini LP UICY- 75604 US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER (2013) SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Dramatic Shirt CD 001 US $5.88 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER (2013) SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Dramatic Shirt CD 001 US $8.40 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER (2013) SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Dramatic Shirt CD 001 US $25.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Liquid Tension Experiment Live Signed Cd Mike Portnoy Dream Theater King Crimson US $299.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy DREAM THEATER music online Buy DREAM THEATER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DREAM THEATER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair ratings distribution

DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Take Your Fingers From My Hair' - Dream Theater (Single)

Listening to Dream Theater's cover of 'Take Your Fingers From My Hair,' I get a very vivid recount of the 'Change Of Seasons' EP. I think it's something about the contagiously energetic chorus in this song that makes my fond memories of listening to the first batch of covers (especially the 1994 rendition of 'Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding.') Keeping that in mind, this song has a nice ability to cheer me up.

But enough of my nostalgic rambling...

This cover is good, but in the whole of the new batch of covers that Dream Theater has released (as of 2009,) it doesn't really stand out. There is some great acoustic tone here from John Petrucci, and chord changes that remind me a little bit of fellow prog legend Ayreon's quieter tracks.

The time where this track (and especially LaBrie's vocals) shine is during the aforementioned chorus. There is great energy to be heard.

This cover would have special meaning to the band, as Zebra (the ones who originally played this song, for those who didn't know) was a band that Dream Theater opened up for early on in their career, and it really helped them open up to the public.

Good cover, but it doesn't stand out too much for me.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#223244) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 26, 2009

Review by Gatot
4 stars How rockin' are you?

If the question is pointed to me, I am afraid I can answer accurately. Before I purchased this deluxe edition of Dream Theater 'Black Clouds & Silver Linings' album I thought I knew a lot about rock music. In fact I am NOT at all! I am just a rock fan for groups that I know. Man ... it's a pity that Had claimed myself as a rocker / proghead of the 70s but I had never heard that there has been a band called Zebra on planet Earth. Oh .. shame on me man! And yeah, thanks to Dream Theater who shows me the hill to see this band even though in its cover version.

As a matter of curiosity I then asked my dear friend Dr. Wiki to let me know who Zebra is. And this is his answer: Zebra is a hard rock band that came together in 1975 in New Orleans, Louisiana. It features Randy Jackson (guitar and vocals), Felix Hanemann (bass, keyboards and vocals) and Guy Gelso (drums and vocals). Their mainstream debut on Atlantic Records was in 1983, highlighted by the singles "Tell Me What You Want" and "Who's Behind The Door"

Oh my God..!!! It's the band of the 70s and I had never known it before! Lucky that I know Dream Theater so that Portnoy cs introduced me to the band through this cover of their single in 1983 (the year when a new band, out of the blue singing 'So here I am once more ...!!!').

How should I put it into perspective?

Especially with the fact that until now I have never heard any music at all from the unknown band (my case) called Zebra? Is it fair for me to write a review on this cover? If you don't think it's fair, you should stop reading it, it's gonna be a waste of time for you to continue ... I tell you!

Thanks for being with me until this sentence because you can afford to bear with me on where I should put my standpoint on a review of cover song that I had never heard before. First, learning from other covers that DT makes from songs that I already knew before, I would assume that DT has not made any significant change on the basic arrangement. If it differs, I believe it would be on guitar solo. But major riffs would be similar (I assume). Second, I can put my words on how the composition of Zebra on this song. I think you understand my standpoint now.

First off, let me tell you .. the song reminds me to 70s band called BOSTON especially when I heard the acoustic guitar version at the intro of this song. It reminds me to Boston's 'More Than a Feeling' even though the basic structure and patterns are different. But at least the nuance is similar. Even though the band is actually a hard rock band, I can see the progressive nature of this song especially when I look at the structure - it changes as the music flows from on segment to another, even though not as dynamic as symphonic prog music. I suddenly remember Triumph / Rick Emmet's song called 'Blinding Light Show' in which this 'Take Your Fingers From My Hair' shares similar structure. I am not saying plagiarism at all.

I really enjoy this song and I regret only know this song nowadays. The flow from intro part using acoustic guitar and vocal line into heavier part has been crafted smoothly by the band. What is so dominating (and it's very good) is the guitar solo by Petrucci. He plays his guitar like crazy in fast speed, it reminds me to Yngwie Malmsteen's guitar style. This song which consumes 8 minutes duration is an excellent song to enjoy. Keep on rockin' ....!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#227222) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 17, 2009

Review by jampa17
2 stars This is a very obscure song of a very obscure band. I don't have any background about Zebra but this is really a great track. There's a special soul within this song, very uplifting, that Dream Theater played with great talent. This is a cover and is included in their 3 CD special edition of the album Black Clouds & Silver Linings.

This is a promo CD, so it's nothing special if you already have that edition, but if you don't and happen this cross your way, you can really be smart and take a copy with you. It's a collectors item, which is cool and the content is 8 minutes of a wonderful song, emotional and original, and as it's a cover you can feel a complete different vibe about it.

Was nice to make the expectation of bringing out one cover per week before the release of their 10th studio album. I'm glad they do it, and I do want to hear the original version. 2 stars is fair.

Send comments to jampa17 (BETA) | Report this review (#273800) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Review by baz91
5 stars Dream Theater's cover of Zebra's 1989 song Take Your Fingers From My Hair is the fourth out of five covers the band released in the build up to their tenth album 'Black Clouds & Silver Linings'. This is definitely my favourite of the lot. This song kicks arse. At over 8 minutes in length, this is a rock number that you won't forget. The verses are based around a simple guitar melody, but the chorus is an anthemic rocker that buries itself in your head. Amazingly enough, LaBrie manages to successfully pull off the high vocals in the chorus. The best part of the track though is surely the 2 minute instrumental outro which rocks so hard, you feel like the room will collapse around you. Combined with a phenomenal Petrucci guitar solo, this is a masterpiece cover that'll leave you dazed.

Send comments to baz91 (BETA) | Report this review (#524609) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 16, 2011

Post a review of DREAM THEATER "Take Your Fingers From My Hair"