TAKE YOUR FINGERS FROM MY HAIR

Dream Theater Take Your Fingers From My Hair album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy DREAM THEATER Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2009

1. Take Your Fingers From My Hair (8:18)

Search DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair lyrics

Search DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair tabs

- James LaBrie / vocals
- John Petrucci / guitar
- Jordan Rudess / keyboard
- John Myung / bass
- Mike Portnoy / drums

Thanks to Ykoz for the addition

DREAM THEATER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair Music

AwakeAwake
Atlantic 1994
Black Clouds & Silver LiningsBlack Clouds & Silver Linings
Roadrunner Records 2009
Scenes From A Memory - Dream Theater CD Sealed ! New ! US $7.56 Buy It Now 44m 32s
Dream Theater by Dream Theater Deluxe Box set 180 Gram Vinyl w CD US $79.16 Buy It Now 45m 27s
Dream Theater - Dramatic Turn Of Events [CD New] US $11.17 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Dream Theater - Score: 20th Anniversary World Tour Live With The O [CD New] US $16.65 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Jacobs Dream Theater of War PROMO CD NO JEWEL CASE, HOUSED IN SLIP COVER RARE US $12.00 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER SYSTEMATIC CHAOS CD MADE IN BRAZIL 1stPRESS 2007 MERCYFUL FATE US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 53m
Dream Theater - Images and Words Live in Tokyo / 5 Years in a Live Time, Accepta US $9.10 Buy It Now 3h 56m
ayeron - day eleven love james labrie dream theater clapton US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 6m
james labrie-elements of persuasion dream theater promo cd US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Awake by Dream Theater (CD, Oct-1994, Elektra (Label)) US $8.00 [0 bids]
RUSH NEW WORLD MAN 7" SINGLE OOP GEDDY LEE PORCUPINE TREE OPETH DREAM THEATER US $10.00 [0 bids]
STRATOVARIUS FOURTH DIMENSION CD 1ST PRESSING VERY RARE HTF OOP DREAM THEATER US $15.00 [0 bids]
JAMES LABRIE Elements of Persuasion CD, 2005, ADV PROMO RARE!!! DREAM THEATER US $15.00 [0 bids]
An Evening With John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess CD 2000 MEGA RARE Dream Theater US $62.49 Buy It Now 5h 47m
Dream Theater Awake Cd East West Japan Import with OBI US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 29m
Awake by Dream Theater (CD, Oct-1994, Elektra (Label)) [LIKE NEW] US $3.95 [0 bids]
Live Metropolis, Pt. 2 by Dream Theater (CD, Sep-2001, 3 Discs, EastWest) US $7.95 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER Octavarium Hard Rock Heavy Metal Prog CD US $5.00 [0 bids]
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence by Dream Theater (CD, Jan-2002, 2 Discs,... US $9.25 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER Japan 1994 AMCY-750 NM CD+Obi AWAKE US $29.99 Buy It Now 7h 34m
Dramatic Turn of Events [Special Edition] [Digipak] by Dream Theater cd + DVD US $7.95 Buy It Now 7h 36m
DREAM THEATER Japan 1992 AMCY-438 NM CD+Obi IMAGES AND WORDS US $29.99 Buy It Now 7h 39m
DREAM THEATER Japan 1992 MVCM-21059 NM CD+Obi WHEN DREAM DAY UNITE US $29.99 Buy It Now 7h 44m
DREAM THEATER - IMAGES & WORDS (180GM) NEW VINYL US $50.20 Buy It Now 8h 11m
Six Dream Theater CD's From 1989 to 1999 US $11.50 [0 bids]
Dream Theater Black Clouds & Silver Linings 2xLP sealed 180 gm vinyl US $32.98 Buy It Now 9h 21m
Train of Thought [ECD] by Dream Theater (CD, Nov-2003, Elektra) US $9.99 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER When Dream and Day LP cultic prog metal LP RARE ORIG 1st pr NMint- US $99.99 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER System Chaos 2LP LimEd Colored Booklet UNPLAYED SEALED US $17.99 [0 bids]
Progressive Rock Music,Hard Rock Yes,Rush,Dream Theater,Gentle Giant 4 CD lot. US $20.00 [0 bids]
Images and Words by Dream Theater (CD,1992, Atlantic Recordings) US $0.99 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER - Uncovered 2CD Rare! Metallica Hogath Derek Sherinian US $69.99 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER - A CHANGE OF SEASONS US $4.69 Buy It Now 10h 58m
DREAM THEATER OFFICIAL BOOTLEG THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST IRON MAIDEN CD NICE US $14.99 [1 bids]
Dream Theater Black Clouds & Silver Linings 1686-178832 CD Box79-1ICD US $7.99 [0 bids]
When Dream & Day Unite by Dream Theater (CD, 1989 MCA US $4.50 [0 bids]
Dream Theater -A Dramatic Turn of Events(CD,2011)Prog-Metal_Mike Mangini drums US $4.00 [0 bids]
FATES WARNING No Exit '88 RARE prog. power DREAM THEATER MINT- !! US $24.99 [0 bids]
FATES WARNING Night On Brocken '84 RARE DEBUT prog. power DREAM THEATER NMint- ! US $49.99 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER-LISTEN TO THIS LARZ! RARE METALLICA.PORTNOY.METAL. LIVE CONCERT! US $46.99 Buy It Now 19h 6m
DREAM THEATER A Change Of Season OZ CD 1995 US $9.33 Buy It Now 19h 54m
DREAM THEATER - Infinite Dream Live CD. Limited. Ultra Rare! Derek Sherinian US $49.99 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER Awake OZ CD New 1994 US $9.33 Buy It Now 20h 16m
DREAM THEATER HOLLOW YEARS ISRAELI PROMO CD VERY RARE US $49.99 Buy It Now 20h 28m
DREAM THEATER awake CD 11 track (7567901262) german east west 1994 US $15.37 Buy It Now 20h 49m
LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT - S/T (VOL 1) (MAXX-9023-2) DREAM THEATER. CD US $25.00 Buy It Now 21h 51m
DREAM THEATER Images & Words CD NEW US $11.54 Buy It Now 21h 52m
Transatlantic Smpte LTD 2 CD Dream Theater Marillion Spock's Beard Neal Morse IQ US $80.00 [0 bids]
Symphony X Official Fan Club Key Ring NEW Dream Theater Ayreon US $9.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Images and Words 180g Audiophile Vinyl LP Record Music on Vinyl US $31.67 Buy It Now 22h 39m
DREAM THEATER - THE MAKING OF SCENES FROM A MEMORY (OFFICIAL BOOTLEG) US $23.99 Buy It Now 22h 46m
Dream Theater / When Dream And Day Unite JAPAN MVCM-21059 *B US $24.99 Buy It Now 23h 17m
Dream Theater / Another Uncovered ORG Rare!!!!! E US $79.99 Buy It Now 23h 17m
Enchant / A Blueprint of the World JAPAN+1 Dream Theater OOP!!! D US $34.99 Buy It Now 23h 22m
Black Clouds & Silver Linings Dream Theater CD New 2009 US $9.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Dream Theater - Six Degrees Of Inner Turbullence / TH Cassette US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity / TH Cassette US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos (2007) New 2 Disc Special Edition New US $11.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Dream Theater The Triple Album Collection 3 CD A Change of Seasons Octavarium US $20.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Avant Garden MAELSTROM CD Rare PROG MONSTER Dream Theater Porcupine Tree US $29.99 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER GREATEST HIT AND 21 OTHER PRETTY COOL THAI PROMO DOUBLE CD RARE US $9.99 [0 bids]
LEVIATHAN- Beholden to Nothing, Braver Since Then 2014 Dream Theater US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
When Dream & Day Unite by Dream Theater US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER - ULTRA RARE LIVE 2 CD - WAKE UP - recorded live in Japan 1995 US $25.77 [19 bids]
IRON MAIDEN - ULTRA RARE CD - Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter Dream Theater US $7.50 [3 bids]
IRON MAIDEN - ULTRA RARE CD - Can i Play With Madness - Dream Theater US $6.50 [2 bids]
Explorers Club "Age Of Impact" CD Dream Theater Magellan Niacin Terry Bozzio US $2.50 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER TRAIN OF THOUGHT JAPAN PRESS OBI 2003 US $20.00 [0 bids]
Chaos in Motion: 2007-2008 [Box] [CD & DVD] by Dream Theater (CD, Sep-2008, 5... US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Falling into Infinity by Dream Theater (CD, Sep-1997, Elektra (Label)) US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Octavarium by Dream Theater (CD, Jun-2005, Atlantic (Label)) US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A Dramatic Turn of Events by Dream Theater (CD, Sep-2011, Roadrunner Records) US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Train of Thought by Dream Theater (CD, Nov-2003, Elektra (Label)) US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Black Clouds & Silver Linings by Dream Theater (CD, 2009, Roadrunner Records) US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
When Dream & Day Unite 1989 by Dream Theater BRAND NEW CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A Change of Seasons [EP] by Dream Theater (CD, Sep-1995, Elektra (Label)) US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Images and Words by Dream Theater (CD, Feb-1992, Elektra (Label)) US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Awake by Dream Theater (CD, Oct-1994, Elektra (Label)) US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL CD 1988 · MUSIC FOR NATIONS CD MFN 89 · DREAM THEATER US $11.50 [4 bids]
A Change of Seasons [EP] by Dream Theater (Cassette, Sep-1995, Elektra (Label)) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater Illumination Theory RSD Exclusive 12" Picture Disc Vinyl NEW US $34.95 Buy It Now 1 day
A Dramatic Turn of Events by Dream Theater (CD, Sep-2011, Roadrunner Records) US $8.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Dream Theater [Deluxe Edition] [Digipak] by Dream Theater (CD, Sep-2013, 2... US $13.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Dream Theater Score: XOX - 20th Anniversary World Tour Live SEALED 3 CD Very HTF US $14.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity (CD 1997) US $10.26 Buy It Now 1 day
Dream Theater Through her eyes JAPAN CDS sealed US $55.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Dream Theater - Images And Words CD US $8.95 Buy It Now 1 day
GIGANTOUR[LIVE-2CD]: Dream Theater,Anthrax,Megadeth,Fear Factory,Dry Kill Logic+ US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
"Live in Europe" FLYING COLORS Live Dream Theater Brand New album - Metal Prog US $7.99 [0 bids]
ALMAH EDU FALASCHI SEALED CD Angra Sepultura Dream Theater Avantasia US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ALL STAR TRIBUTE TO SUPERTRAMP CD Members of:Dream Theater,Yes,King Crimson,XTC US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dream Theater "Illumination Theory" picture disc US $13.00 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER a Change Of Seasons CD Japan OBI RARE ORIGINAL 1995 AMCY-885 US $12.50 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (CD, Jan-2002, 2 Discs, EastWes US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAYADOME Paranormal Activity CD OOP PRoG MeTaL (Dream Theater, Threshold, Rush) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater-When Dream & James Unite Original Silver 2 CD Live not TMOQ US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW SEALED - Images and Words - Dream Theater (IMPORT BRAZIL CD) US $24.99 [0 bids]
Systematic Chaos by Dream Theater (CD, Jun-2007, Roadrunner Records) [LIKE NEW] US $3.95 [0 bids]
Train of Thought by Dream Theater (CD, Nov-2003, Elektra (Label)) [LIKE NEW] US $4.95 [0 bids]
NEW SEALED - Awake - Dream Theater (IMPORT BRAZIL CD) US $24.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy DREAM THEATER music online Buy DREAM THEATER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DREAM THEATER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair ratings distribution

DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Take Your Fingers From My Hair' - Dream Theater (Single)

Listening to Dream Theater's cover of 'Take Your Fingers From My Hair,' I get a very vivid recount of the 'Change Of Seasons' EP. I think it's something about the contagiously energetic chorus in this song that makes my fond memories of listening to the first batch of covers (especially the 1994 rendition of 'Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding.') Keeping that in mind, this song has a nice ability to cheer me up.

But enough of my nostalgic rambling...

This cover is good, but in the whole of the new batch of covers that Dream Theater has released (as of 2009,) it doesn't really stand out. There is some great acoustic tone here from John Petrucci, and chord changes that remind me a little bit of fellow prog legend Ayreon's quieter tracks.

The time where this track (and especially LaBrie's vocals) shine is during the aforementioned chorus. There is great energy to be heard.

This cover would have special meaning to the band, as Zebra (the ones who originally played this song, for those who didn't know) was a band that Dream Theater opened up for early on in their career, and it really helped them open up to the public.

Good cover, but it doesn't stand out too much for me.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#223244) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 26, 2009

Review by Gatot
4 stars How rockin' are you?

If the question is pointed to me, I am afraid I can answer accurately. Before I purchased this deluxe edition of Dream Theater 'Black Clouds & Silver Linings' album I thought I knew a lot about rock music. In fact I am NOT at all! I am just a rock fan for groups that I know. Man ... it's a pity that Had claimed myself as a rocker / proghead of the 70s but I had never heard that there has been a band called Zebra on planet Earth. Oh .. shame on me man! And yeah, thanks to Dream Theater who shows me the hill to see this band even though in its cover version.

As a matter of curiosity I then asked my dear friend Dr. Wiki to let me know who Zebra is. And this is his answer: Zebra is a hard rock band that came together in 1975 in New Orleans, Louisiana. It features Randy Jackson (guitar and vocals), Felix Hanemann (bass, keyboards and vocals) and Guy Gelso (drums and vocals). Their mainstream debut on Atlantic Records was in 1983, highlighted by the singles "Tell Me What You Want" and "Who's Behind The Door"

Oh my God..!!! It's the band of the 70s and I had never known it before! Lucky that I know Dream Theater so that Portnoy cs introduced me to the band through this cover of their single in 1983 (the year when a new band, out of the blue singing 'So here I am once more ...!!!').

How should I put it into perspective?

Especially with the fact that until now I have never heard any music at all from the unknown band (my case) called Zebra? Is it fair for me to write a review on this cover? If you don't think it's fair, you should stop reading it, it's gonna be a waste of time for you to continue ... I tell you!

Thanks for being with me until this sentence because you can afford to bear with me on where I should put my standpoint on a review of cover song that I had never heard before. First, learning from other covers that DT makes from songs that I already knew before, I would assume that DT has not made any significant change on the basic arrangement. If it differs, I believe it would be on guitar solo. But major riffs would be similar (I assume). Second, I can put my words on how the composition of Zebra on this song. I think you understand my standpoint now.

First off, let me tell you .. the song reminds me to 70s band called BOSTON especially when I heard the acoustic guitar version at the intro of this song. It reminds me to Boston's 'More Than a Feeling' even though the basic structure and patterns are different. But at least the nuance is similar. Even though the band is actually a hard rock band, I can see the progressive nature of this song especially when I look at the structure - it changes as the music flows from on segment to another, even though not as dynamic as symphonic prog music. I suddenly remember Triumph / Rick Emmet's song called 'Blinding Light Show' in which this 'Take Your Fingers From My Hair' shares similar structure. I am not saying plagiarism at all.

I really enjoy this song and I regret only know this song nowadays. The flow from intro part using acoustic guitar and vocal line into heavier part has been crafted smoothly by the band. What is so dominating (and it's very good) is the guitar solo by Petrucci. He plays his guitar like crazy in fast speed, it reminds me to Yngwie Malmsteen's guitar style. This song which consumes 8 minutes duration is an excellent song to enjoy. Keep on rockin' ....!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#227222) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 17, 2009

Review by jampa17
2 stars This is a very obscure song of a very obscure band. I don't have any background about Zebra but this is really a great track. There's a special soul within this song, very uplifting, that Dream Theater played with great talent. This is a cover and is included in their 3 CD special edition of the album Black Clouds & Silver Linings.

This is a promo CD, so it's nothing special if you already have that edition, but if you don't and happen this cross your way, you can really be smart and take a copy with you. It's a collectors item, which is cool and the content is 8 minutes of a wonderful song, emotional and original, and as it's a cover you can feel a complete different vibe about it.

Was nice to make the expectation of bringing out one cover per week before the release of their 10th studio album. I'm glad they do it, and I do want to hear the original version. 2 stars is fair.

Send comments to jampa17 (BETA) | Report this review (#273800) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Review by baz91
5 stars Dream Theater's cover of Zebra's 1989 song Take Your Fingers From My Hair is the fourth out of five covers the band released in the build up to their tenth album 'Black Clouds & Silver Linings'. This is definitely my favourite of the lot. This song kicks arse. At over 8 minutes in length, this is a rock number that you won't forget. The verses are based around a simple guitar melody, but the chorus is an anthemic rocker that buries itself in your head. Amazingly enough, LaBrie manages to successfully pull off the high vocals in the chorus. The best part of the track though is surely the 2 minute instrumental outro which rocks so hard, you feel like the room will collapse around you. Combined with a phenomenal Petrucci guitar solo, this is a masterpiece cover that'll leave you dazed.

Send comments to baz91 (BETA) | Report this review (#524609) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 16, 2011

Post a review of DREAM THEATER "Take Your Fingers From My Hair"