TAKE YOUR FINGERS FROM MY HAIR

Dream Theater Take Your Fingers From My Hair album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy DREAM THEATER Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2009

1. Take Your Fingers From My Hair (8:18)

Search DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair lyrics

Search DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair tabs

- James LaBrie / vocals
- John Petrucci / guitar
- Jordan Rudess / keyboard
- John Myung / bass
- Mike Portnoy / drums

Thanks to Ykoz for the addition

DREAM THEATER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair Music

Box set
Roadrunner 2014
Change of SeasonsChange of Seasons
Atlantic 1995
Dream Theater - Score: 20th Anniversary World Tour Live with the Octavarium OrchestraDream Theater - Score: 20th Anniversary World Tour Live with the Octavarium Orchestra
Multiple Formats
Rhino 2006
DVD$6.43
A Dramatic Turn of Events (Special Edition) (CD+DVD)A Dramatic Turn of Events (Special Edition) (CD+DVD)
Roadrunner Records 2011
Systematic ChaosSystematic Chaos
Roadrunner Records 2007
AwakeAwake
Atlantic 1994
Dream Theater - Octavarium (Mixed by , 2005) CD US $8.81 Buy It Now 35m 26s
derek sherinian - blood .. snake dream theater promo cd US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
DREAM THEATER-SCORE CD NEW US $20.04 Buy It Now 2h 15m
DREAM THEATER-SIX DEGREES OF INNER TURBULENCE CD NEW US $16.07 Buy It Now 2h 15m
DREAM THEATER-TRAIN OF THOUGHT CD NEW US $14.10 Buy It Now 2h 15m
BRAND NEW Octavarium by Dream Theater (CD, Jun-2005, Atlantic (Label)) US $13.38 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Dream Theater / Chaos in Motion 2007 - 2008 JAPAN 2DVD+3CD LIMITED OOP!!! T-A2 US $99.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Dream Theater / Once In A Live Time JAPAN 2CD ORG!!!!! D US $34.99 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Jordan Rudess / Feeding The Wheel JAPAN Dream Theater *N US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 49m
DREAM THEATER BLACK CLOUDS CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $144.45 Buy It Now 3h 28m
Dream Theater - Original Album Series: Awake / Falling Into Infin NEW CD US $18.68 Buy It Now 3h 33m
Dream Theater - Greatest Hit & 19 Other Cool Son NEW CD US $8.78 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Systematic Chaos by Dream Theater (CD, Jun-2007, Roadrunner Records) US $6.49 Buy It Now 3h 37m
DREAM THEATER LIVE SCENES NEW YORK CD GOLD DISC FREE PP US $144.45 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Awake by Dream Theater (CD, Oct-1994, Atlantic (Label)) US $7.00 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER IMAGES AND WORDS CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $144.45 Buy It Now 3h 52m
DREAM THEATER AWAKE CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $144.45 Buy It Now 3h 52m
DREAM THEATER a change of seasons US $1.76 [1 bids]
DREAM THEATER train of thought US $1.76 [0 bids]
Falling into Infinity by Dream Theater (CD, Sep-1997, Elektra (Label)) US $7.77 Buy It Now 5h 25m
Dream Theater - Once In A Lifetime - Vinyl 4-LP Import 2013 New US $65.99 Buy It Now 5h 44m
DREAM THEATER - LIVE AT THE MARQUEE ORIG 1993 LP NM US $94.05 Buy It Now 6h 15m
Dream Theater - Through Her Eyes CD Germany Import 2000 US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 29m
Images and Words by Dream Theater (CD, Feb-1992, Elektra (Label)) US $7.50 Buy It Now 6h 51m
Greatest Hit (....And 21 Other Pretty Cool Songs) by Dream Theater (CD,... US $9.00 Buy It Now 6h 51m
Dream Theater Systematic Chaos vinyl LP record prog NEW US $27.99 Buy It Now 6h 56m
Dream Theater / Score 20th Anniversary World Tour 180gm 4 x Vinyl LP MOV New US $48.08 Buy It Now 7h 12m
DREAM THEATER The Number Of The Beast Official Bootleg CD Album! Iron Maiden US $6.40 [2 bids]
SEALED PROG COLLECTIVE "Epilogue" Orig 2LP Brand NEW Yes Dream Theater PSYCH US $22.99 Buy It Now 7h 52m
Dream Theater Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory 2 LP Enjoy the RIde NEW US $69.99 Buy It Now 8h
DREAM THEATER once in a live time JAPAN 2CD AMCY-2888~9 W/OBI 1998 US $28.99 Buy It Now 8h 2m
Lance King - A Moment in Chiros +1, Japan CD +obi,Balance Of Power,Dream Theater US $22.99 Buy It Now 8h 41m
Octavarium by Dream Theater (CD, Jun-2005, Atlantic (Label)) US $3.00 [0 bids]
Jacobs Dream - Theater of War US $11.99 Buy It Now 9h 37m
"HADES" / "CENTVRION" / "DREAM THEATER" === 6 CD LOT (Progressive/Thrash Metal) US $15.99 [0 bids]
Angra CD Temple Of Shadows Brazil Ed Avantasia Helloween Dream Theater US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 11m
DREAM THEATER Through Her Eyes GERMANY CD EP live US $35.00 Buy It Now 10h 23m
JELLY JAM self titled CD Progressive Classic Rock Kings X/Dream Theater 2002 NEW US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 52m
Awake by Dream Theater (CD, Oct-1994, Elektra (Label)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
A Change of Seasons [EP] by Dream Theater (CD, Sep-1995, Elektra (Label)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
TIM DONAHUE-Madmen & Sinners CD (2004/ITALY) FRONTIERS FRCD-185 DREAM THEATER US $5.98 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER Live Scenes From New York CD 2001NEW w/ Sticker ORIGINAL WITHDRAWN US $39.99 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER - Mind Control 2CD Japan tour live bootleg OOP Rare Awake limited US $44.99 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER DEMOS/LIVE CD PERFORMING AS "MAJESTY" SUPER RARE, DIFFERENT US $19.99 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER-WHEN DREAM AND DAY UNITE / ORIGINAL 1989 MECHANIC - MCA RECORDS CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
cd-album, Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons US $7.01 Buy It Now 12h 32m
Awake by Dream Theater (CD, Oct-1994, Elektra (Label)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater Octavarium Japan CD US $13.50 Buy It Now 12h 58m
Dream Theater - Through Her Eyes (single) RARE US $19.99 [1 bids]
Dream Theater - Live Scenes From New York - Pulled Flaming Apple Cover OOP US $29.00 [0 bids]
An Evening with John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess by John Petrucci (Dream Theater) US $4.99 [0 bids]
John Petrucci - Suspended Animation (Dream Theater) US $6.50 [4 bids]
MULLMUZZLER - Keep It To Yourself MICY-1131 CD Japan +OBI Dream Theater US $12.80 Buy It Now 13h 31m
Liquid Tension Experiment Trio - When the Keyboard Breaks (Dream Theater) US $12.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Train of Thought Demos 2003 (Very Rare) US $14.99 [2 bids]
Dream Theater - When Dream and Day Unite Demos 1987 - 1989 US $19.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Images and Words Demos 1989 - 1991 US $19.99 [1 bids]
Dream Theater - The Majesty Demos 1985-1986 US $14.99 [1 bids]
DREAM THEATER SIX DEGREES OF INNER TURBULENCE JAPAN CD WITH BONUS TRACK US $31.00 Buy It Now 14h 8m
Dream Theater - Awake Demos 1994 US $14.99 [1 bids]
DREAM THEATER-S/T-JAPAN CD DVD H70 US $35.99 Buy It Now 14h 10m
Dream Theater - Falling into Infinity Demos 1996-1997 US $19.99 [1 bids]
Dream Theater - The Making of Falling into Infinity US $14.99 [1 bids]
Dream Theater - The Making of Scenes From a Memory US $19.99 [1 bids]
Octavarium by Dream Theater (CD, Jun-2005, Atlantic (Label)) US $3.05 [0 bids]
Dream Theater / Dream Theater SAME SELF TITLE S.T (STANDARD) CD New SEALED US $20.99 Buy It Now 16h 37m
DREAM THEATER - Black Clouds & Silver Linings Deluxe Collector's Edition Box Set US $84.99 Buy It Now 17h 55m
'Attack of the 50ft Ear Infection' (Kyuss,Dream Theater) Unplayed CD PROMO 1995 US $7.99 Buy It Now 19h 30m
DREAM THEATER Original Album Classics 5CD Images/Awake/Falling/Metropolis/Train US $40.11 Buy It Now 19h 34m
IGNIS FATUUS WHISPERS 2000 SELFRELEASE ARCTURUS DREAM THEATER SIEGES EVEN LETHAL US $48.99 Buy It Now 19h 57m
Dream Theater: Live at Luna Park 5034504908291, DVD REGION 2, BRAND NEW FREE P US $47.26 Buy It Now 20h 13m
Awake by Dream Theater (CD, Oct-1994, Elektra (Label)) US $7.00 Buy It Now 21h 15m
Images and Words by Dream Theater (CD, Feb-1992, Elektra (Label)) US $7.00 Buy It Now 21h 21m
DREAM THEATER live at Budokan JAPAN MINI LP 3 CD SEALED US $36.99 Buy It Now 22h 57m
DREAM THEATER-BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL-JAPAN 2 DVD N70 zd US $64.50 Buy It Now 23h 31m
DREAM THEATER-BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL-JAPAN BLU-RAY N70 US $63.50 Buy It Now 23h 34m
DREAM THEATER "FALLING INTO INFINITY" 180gr VINYL.2 LP NEW & SEALED US $38.51 Buy It Now 23h 52m
Dream Theater : Images and Words CD (1992) US $6.79 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER-METROPOLIS PART 2 : SCENES FROM A MEMORY-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed C65 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER-SIX DEGREES OF INNER TURBULENCE-JAPAN 2 CD BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed F08 US $28.50 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER-IMAGES AND WORDS-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed C65 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER-BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed C65 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER-SYSTEMATIC CHAOS-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed C65 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER-AWAKE-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed C65 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER-OCTAVARIUM-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed C65 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER-A DRAMATIC TURN OF EVENTS-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed C65 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER-FALLING INTO INFINITY-JAPAN CD Ltd/Ed C65 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER-S/T-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed C65 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER WHEN DREAM AND DAY UNITE JAPAN CD OOP US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MULLMUZLER/DREAM THEATER (KEEP IT TO YOURSELF ) SO RARE ISRAELI,ISRAEL PROMO CD US $9.95 [0 bids]
Live Metropolis, Pt. 2 by Dream Theater (CD, Nov-2001, 3 Discs, Elektra (Label)) US $75.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Queen Tribute CD Anthrax Enuff Z'Nuff Jason Mraz Grey DeLisle Kiss Dream Theater US $16.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Images and Words by Dream Theater (CD, Feb-1992, Elektra (Label)) US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Once in a LIVEtime by Dream Theater (CD, Oct-1998, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label)) US $7.50 [0 bids]
Awake by Dream Theater (CD, Oct-1994, Elektra (Label)) US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER SIX DEGREES OF INNER TURBULENCE 2 CD SET US $7.16 Buy It Now 1 day
JAMES LABRIE'S MULLMUZZLER - Keep It to Yourself & 2 JAPAN JPN CD DREAM THEATER US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER 'Falling Into Infinity' (CD) US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER 'Octavarium' (CD) US $12.50 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER FALLING INTO INFINITY SEALED CD US $5.51 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy DREAM THEATER music online Buy DREAM THEATER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DREAM THEATER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair ratings distribution

DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Take Your Fingers From My Hair' - Dream Theater (Single)

Listening to Dream Theater's cover of 'Take Your Fingers From My Hair,' I get a very vivid recount of the 'Change Of Seasons' EP. I think it's something about the contagiously energetic chorus in this song that makes my fond memories of listening to the first batch of covers (especially the 1994 rendition of 'Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding.') Keeping that in mind, this song has a nice ability to cheer me up.

But enough of my nostalgic rambling...

This cover is good, but in the whole of the new batch of covers that Dream Theater has released (as of 2009,) it doesn't really stand out. There is some great acoustic tone here from John Petrucci, and chord changes that remind me a little bit of fellow prog legend Ayreon's quieter tracks.

The time where this track (and especially LaBrie's vocals) shine is during the aforementioned chorus. There is great energy to be heard.

This cover would have special meaning to the band, as Zebra (the ones who originally played this song, for those who didn't know) was a band that Dream Theater opened up for early on in their career, and it really helped them open up to the public.

Good cover, but it doesn't stand out too much for me.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#223244) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 26, 2009

Review by Gatot
4 stars How rockin' are you?

If the question is pointed to me, I am afraid I can answer accurately. Before I purchased this deluxe edition of Dream Theater 'Black Clouds & Silver Linings' album I thought I knew a lot about rock music. In fact I am NOT at all! I am just a rock fan for groups that I know. Man ... it's a pity that Had claimed myself as a rocker / proghead of the 70s but I had never heard that there has been a band called Zebra on planet Earth. Oh .. shame on me man! And yeah, thanks to Dream Theater who shows me the hill to see this band even though in its cover version.

As a matter of curiosity I then asked my dear friend Dr. Wiki to let me know who Zebra is. And this is his answer: Zebra is a hard rock band that came together in 1975 in New Orleans, Louisiana. It features Randy Jackson (guitar and vocals), Felix Hanemann (bass, keyboards and vocals) and Guy Gelso (drums and vocals). Their mainstream debut on Atlantic Records was in 1983, highlighted by the singles "Tell Me What You Want" and "Who's Behind The Door"

Oh my God..!!! It's the band of the 70s and I had never known it before! Lucky that I know Dream Theater so that Portnoy cs introduced me to the band through this cover of their single in 1983 (the year when a new band, out of the blue singing 'So here I am once more ...!!!').

How should I put it into perspective?

Especially with the fact that until now I have never heard any music at all from the unknown band (my case) called Zebra? Is it fair for me to write a review on this cover? If you don't think it's fair, you should stop reading it, it's gonna be a waste of time for you to continue ... I tell you!

Thanks for being with me until this sentence because you can afford to bear with me on where I should put my standpoint on a review of cover song that I had never heard before. First, learning from other covers that DT makes from songs that I already knew before, I would assume that DT has not made any significant change on the basic arrangement. If it differs, I believe it would be on guitar solo. But major riffs would be similar (I assume). Second, I can put my words on how the composition of Zebra on this song. I think you understand my standpoint now.

First off, let me tell you .. the song reminds me to 70s band called BOSTON especially when I heard the acoustic guitar version at the intro of this song. It reminds me to Boston's 'More Than a Feeling' even though the basic structure and patterns are different. But at least the nuance is similar. Even though the band is actually a hard rock band, I can see the progressive nature of this song especially when I look at the structure - it changes as the music flows from on segment to another, even though not as dynamic as symphonic prog music. I suddenly remember Triumph / Rick Emmet's song called 'Blinding Light Show' in which this 'Take Your Fingers From My Hair' shares similar structure. I am not saying plagiarism at all.

I really enjoy this song and I regret only know this song nowadays. The flow from intro part using acoustic guitar and vocal line into heavier part has been crafted smoothly by the band. What is so dominating (and it's very good) is the guitar solo by Petrucci. He plays his guitar like crazy in fast speed, it reminds me to Yngwie Malmsteen's guitar style. This song which consumes 8 minutes duration is an excellent song to enjoy. Keep on rockin' ....!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#227222) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 17, 2009

Review by jampa17
2 stars This is a very obscure song of a very obscure band. I don't have any background about Zebra but this is really a great track. There's a special soul within this song, very uplifting, that Dream Theater played with great talent. This is a cover and is included in their 3 CD special edition of the album Black Clouds & Silver Linings.

This is a promo CD, so it's nothing special if you already have that edition, but if you don't and happen this cross your way, you can really be smart and take a copy with you. It's a collectors item, which is cool and the content is 8 minutes of a wonderful song, emotional and original, and as it's a cover you can feel a complete different vibe about it.

Was nice to make the expectation of bringing out one cover per week before the release of their 10th studio album. I'm glad they do it, and I do want to hear the original version. 2 stars is fair.

Send comments to jampa17 (BETA) | Report this review (#273800) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Review by baz91
5 stars Dream Theater's cover of Zebra's 1989 song Take Your Fingers From My Hair is the fourth out of five covers the band released in the build up to their tenth album 'Black Clouds & Silver Linings'. This is definitely my favourite of the lot. This song kicks arse. At over 8 minutes in length, this is a rock number that you won't forget. The verses are based around a simple guitar melody, but the chorus is an anthemic rocker that buries itself in your head. Amazingly enough, LaBrie manages to successfully pull off the high vocals in the chorus. The best part of the track though is surely the 2 minute instrumental outro which rocks so hard, you feel like the room will collapse around you. Combined with a phenomenal Petrucci guitar solo, this is a masterpiece cover that'll leave you dazed.

Send comments to baz91 (BETA) | Report this review (#524609) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 16, 2011

Post a review of DREAM THEATER "Take Your Fingers From My Hair"