TAKE YOUR FINGERS FROM MY HAIR

Dream Theater Take Your Fingers From My Hair album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy DREAM THEATER Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2009

1. Take Your Fingers From My Hair (8:18)

Search DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair lyrics

Search DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair tabs

- James LaBrie / vocals
- John Petrucci / guitar
- Jordan Rudess / keyboard
- John Myung / bass
- Mike Portnoy / drums

Thanks to Ykoz for the addition

DREAM THEATER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair Music

Black Clouds & Silver LiningsBlack Clouds & Silver Linings
Roadrunner Records 2009
Six Degrees of Inner TurbulenceSix Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Wea/Elektra Entertainment 2002
A Dramatic Turn of Events (Special Edition) (CD+DVD)A Dramatic Turn of Events (Special Edition) (CD+DVD)
Roadrunner Records 2011
Train of ThoughtTrain of Thought
Elektra 2003
THRESHOLD "Hypothetical" CD 2001 Inside Out IOMACD 2022 Dream Theater US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
STUDIO ALBUMS 1992-2011 BY DREAM THEATER (CD) US $69.16 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Dream Theater - Dream Theater (2 CD Deluxe Edition 2013) *New & factory sealed* US $5.22 [2 bids]
FATES WARNING FWX LP New! NOTVD LTD 166/250 DREAM THEATER SHADOW GALLERY US $80.00 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Royal Hunt - The Mission cd Power Metal Prog Dream Theater US $6.52 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Dream Theater - Self Titled 180g Vinyl 2LP Record Album + FLAC NEW 2013! US $27.92 Buy It Now 3h 10m
Dream Theater / Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory JAPAN ORG PROMO!!!!!!!! C US $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Explorers Club /Raising The Mammoth JAPAN Dream Theater C US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Everon / Paradoxes JAPAN Rush Dream Theater Prog C US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Explorers Club / Age of Impact JAPAN Dream Theater Magellan NEW!!!!! #F US $34.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Psychotic Waltz / Into the Everflow JAPAN Fates Warning Dream Theater OOP!!! E US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Dream Theater / Excellent - Live 93 ORG *L US $34.99 Buy It Now 3h 15m
SILVER LAKE silver lake CD mega rare progressive metal dream theater symphony x US $6.50 [3 bids]
Record Store Day RSD 2014 Dream Theater Illumination Theory Brand New Record US $28.00 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Images And Words CD FREE P&P !! US $9.77 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Dream Theater - Awake CD ALBUM FREE UK P&P !! US $4.81 Buy It Now 3h 43m
@ CD Jordan Rudess - 4NYC DREAM THEATER / MAGNA CARTA RECORDS 2002 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h
Dream Theater - Original Album Series - 5 CD (2011) US $16.31 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER - THE STUDIO ALBUMS 1992-2011- 10 CD IMP - *NEW CD* *SEALED* US $58.51 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Dream Theater - Octavarium 2 Disc 180 Gram LP US $29.65 Buy It Now 5h 6m
Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence - 2CD (2002) US $6.52 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Train Of Thought - Enhanced CD (2003) US $4.89 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - The Silent Man - CD Single (1994) US $8.16 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER - 2 CD - BEYOND REALITY- iron maiden - metallica - LIVE CD US $10.55 [5 bids]
DREAM THEATER - 2 CD - METROPOLIS 2000 - iron maiden - metallica - LIVE CD US $21.06 [13 bids]
DREAM THEATER - TRAIN OF THOUGHT 180gr VINYL 2 LP NEW & SEALED US $39.13 Buy It Now 5h 27m
Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt.2: Scenes From A Memory - CD 1999 US $4.89 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Awake - CD (1994) US $4.89 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos - Special Edition - CD/DVD (2007) US $6.52 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Stream Of Consciousness - Fan Club CD US $32.62 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity - CD (1997) US $4.89 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Images And Words - CD (1992) US $4.89 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Live Metropolis, Pt. 2 (Live Recording, 2001) - 3CD US $6.52 [0 bids]
Dream Theater Live Scenes from New York 3 CD Japanese Import Banned 9/11 Cover US $40.00 Buy It Now 6h 14m
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos (2007) prog metal cd US $1.61 [1 bids]
Dream Theater "Once In A Livetime" CD Double US $4.40 [0 bids]
RISING POWER - POWER FOR THE PEOPLE CD · ROSS ARM 001 DREAM THEATER MIKE PORTNOY US $21.50 [6 bids]
Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons (CD 1995) US $9.79 Buy It Now 7h 5m
Dream Theater 'Illumination Theory' LP Vinyl Unplayed RSD US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 18m
DREAM THEATER - A Rite Of Passage / RAR RADIO PROMO CD (3 tracks) 2009 Marillion US $9.90 [1 bids]
Metal Cassette LOT-DREAM THEATER, FILTER-Short Bus, Judgement Night Motion Pic US $9.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater Falling Into Infinity Limited 180gram Audiophile 2LP Set US $43.63 Buy It Now 7h 49m
DREAM THEATER - SYSTEMATIC CHAOS: SPECIAL EDITION - NEW CD US $14.32 Buy It Now 7h 59m
DREAM THEATER - DREAM THEATER (180GM) NEW VINYL US $41.29 Buy It Now 8h 4m
Images and Words by Dream Theater (Cassette, Feb-1992, Elektra (Label)) US $5.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater 'Illumination Theory'12" picture disc LP Record Store Day RSD 2014 US $35.99 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER Metropolis PT 2: Scenes From A Memory 180 Gram 2LP Vinyl SEALED!!! US $79.99 Buy It Now 8h 51m
Terra Firma - Self Titled CD Dream Theater Zero Monarch Voyager US $8.95 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER**DREAM THEATER (DELUXE LIMITED SET)**3 VINYL+CD+DVD+USB BOX SET US $86.50 Buy It Now 9h 7m
Dream Theater - 2013 Self Titled 180g DOUBLE LP BRAND NEW/SEALED! FREE SHIPPING! US $25.99 Buy It Now 10h 57m
MAYADOME Paranormal Activity CD OOP PRoG MeTaL (Dream Theater, Threshold, Rush) US $9.99 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER LIVE AT THE MARQUEE-VERY GOOD 1993 JAPANESE IMPORT CD-AMCY-574 US $4.96 [0 bids]
Dream Theater Illumination Theory Picture Disc Record Store Day RSD 2014 US $15.57 Buy It Now 11h 45m
Dream Theater A Change Of Seasons 1995 Glam Hair Metal cd Progressive Rock ew US $4.99 [0 bids]
Official Bootleg: The Number of the Beast by Dream Theater (2006) Audio CD US $9.99 [1 bids]
Dream Theater Awake 1994 Metal cd Progressive Rock eastwest records US $4.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater Metropolis PT 2:Scenes From A Memory Metal cd Progressive Rock US $5.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater : Live Scenes From New York (2001) 3 Cd Digipak set US $12.00 [0 bids]
JAMES LABRIE Elements of Persuasion CD, 2005, ADV PROMO RARE!!! DREAM THEATER US $10.00 Buy It Now 12h 17m
Dream Theater 6 CD Album lot (Infinity, Awake, Images, Seasons, Thought, Unite) US $15.00 [0 bids]
Dream Theater Images and Words 1992 Glam Hair Metal cd Progressive Rock ew ATCO US $4.99 [0 bids]
Pain Of Salvation Perfect Element CD Marillion Dream Theater Transatlantic Impor US $6.99 Buy It Now 12h 33m
Marillion Live At Walsall 1990 Rare Fish CD Transatlantic Genesis Dream Theater US $49.99 Buy It Now 12h 33m
Dream Theater Images and Words Live in Tokyo VHS Video Tape US $0.85 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER - Black Clouds & Silver Linings Deluxe Collector's Edition Box Set US $78.99 Buy It Now 12h 42m
Awake by Dream Theater (CD, Oct-1994, Elektra (Label)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
A Change of Seasons [EP] by Dream Theater (CD, Sep-1995, Elektra (Label)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence by Dream Theater (CD, Jan-2002, 2 Discs,... US $2.99 [0 bids]
MIKE PORTNOY Prime Cuts Dream Theater PROG ROCK New CD US $7.00 [0 bids]
Systematic Chaos by Dream Theater (CD, Jun-2007, Roadrunner Records) US $2.00 [0 bids]
JAMES LABRIE Elements of Persuasion CD Dream Theater Vocalist Prog Rock US $9.00 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER A Dramatic Turn of Events CD Prog Rock US $9.00 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Live Scenes from New York SEALED - VERY RARE 9/11/01 US $45.00 [0 bids]
Dream Theater CD lot Hits Instrumental Awake Live Metropolis Images Words Large US $24.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater Beyond Reality 2 cd US $49.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater Take The Time Album Network Tune Up 93 cd US $24.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater The Silent Man cd single (out of print) US $24.99 [0 bids]
DREAM THEATER CD'S 3 OF THEM PLUS 1 FATES WARNING CD MINT CONDITION!!!!!! US $20.00 Buy It Now 14h 56m
+ DREAM THEATER OCTAVARIUM CD near mint! US $17.87 Buy It Now 15h 6m
DREAM THEATER / A CHANGE OF SEASONS JAPAN CD OOP US $17.99 Buy It Now 15h 44m
Systematic Chaos by Dream Theater (CD, Jun-2007, Roadrunner Records) US $2.26 [3 bids]
Black Clouds & Silver Linings (Special Edition) by Dream Theater (CD,... US $2.99 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Images And Words 2 LP Vinyl Metallica, Rush, Megadeth, Slayer US $100.00 Buy It Now 16h 31m
DREAM THEATER - DREAM OUT LOUD - CD - VERY RARE US $39.99 [0 bids]
19h
Derek Sherinian - Inertia JAPAN CD (2001) +1 secret track promo Dream Theater US $14.99 Buy It Now 19h 35m
'Attack of the 50ft Ear Infection' (Kyuss,Dream Theater) Unplayed CD PROMO 1995 US $7.99 Buy It Now 19h 49m
DREAM THEATER - Magazine Poster US $7.34 Buy It Now 21h 20m
DREAM THEATER - LIVE AT BUDOKAN (180GM) NEW VINYL US $74.90 Buy It Now 21h 48m
Dream Theater - Live Scenes From Ny CD US $20.75 Buy It Now 21h 51m
Dream Theater - Train Of Thought CD US $17.98 Buy It Now 21h 56m
DREAM THEATER - FALLING INTO INFINITY (180GM) NEW VINYL US $56.47 Buy It Now 22h
DREAM THEATER - ONCE IN A LIVETIME (180GM) NEW VINYL US $74.90 Buy It Now 22h
DREAM THEATER: LIVE AT LUNA PARK [DVD BOXSET] [5 DISCS] - NEW DVD BOXSET US $41.36 Buy It Now 22h 35m
Used Dream Theater Images And Words Music CD & Case US $2.00 [0 bids]
Dream Theater - Images And Words Vinyl Record Imort 2013 New US $36.99 Buy It Now 23h 25m
DREAM THEATER OFFICIAL BOOTLEG SERIES DARK SIDE OF THE MOON DIGIPAK 2 CD OBI US $17.09 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER SIX DEGREES CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $146.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Dream Theater Awake LIKE NEW 11 Track CD 1994 Hard Rock Progressive Metal US $6.71 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER WHEN DREAM AND DAY CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $146.78 Buy It Now 1 day
DREAM THEATER OCTAVARIUM CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $146.78 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy DREAM THEATER music online Buy DREAM THEATER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DREAM THEATER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair ratings distribution

DREAM THEATER Take Your Fingers From My Hair reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
3 stars 'Take Your Fingers From My Hair' - Dream Theater (Single)

Listening to Dream Theater's cover of 'Take Your Fingers From My Hair,' I get a very vivid recount of the 'Change Of Seasons' EP. I think it's something about the contagiously energetic chorus in this song that makes my fond memories of listening to the first batch of covers (especially the 1994 rendition of 'Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding.') Keeping that in mind, this song has a nice ability to cheer me up.

But enough of my nostalgic rambling...

This cover is good, but in the whole of the new batch of covers that Dream Theater has released (as of 2009,) it doesn't really stand out. There is some great acoustic tone here from John Petrucci, and chord changes that remind me a little bit of fellow prog legend Ayreon's quieter tracks.

The time where this track (and especially LaBrie's vocals) shine is during the aforementioned chorus. There is great energy to be heard.

This cover would have special meaning to the band, as Zebra (the ones who originally played this song, for those who didn't know) was a band that Dream Theater opened up for early on in their career, and it really helped them open up to the public.

Good cover, but it doesn't stand out too much for me.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#223244) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 26, 2009

Review by Gatot
4 stars How rockin' are you?

If the question is pointed to me, I am afraid I can answer accurately. Before I purchased this deluxe edition of Dream Theater 'Black Clouds & Silver Linings' album I thought I knew a lot about rock music. In fact I am NOT at all! I am just a rock fan for groups that I know. Man ... it's a pity that Had claimed myself as a rocker / proghead of the 70s but I had never heard that there has been a band called Zebra on planet Earth. Oh .. shame on me man! And yeah, thanks to Dream Theater who shows me the hill to see this band even though in its cover version.

As a matter of curiosity I then asked my dear friend Dr. Wiki to let me know who Zebra is. And this is his answer: Zebra is a hard rock band that came together in 1975 in New Orleans, Louisiana. It features Randy Jackson (guitar and vocals), Felix Hanemann (bass, keyboards and vocals) and Guy Gelso (drums and vocals). Their mainstream debut on Atlantic Records was in 1983, highlighted by the singles "Tell Me What You Want" and "Who's Behind The Door"

Oh my God..!!! It's the band of the 70s and I had never known it before! Lucky that I know Dream Theater so that Portnoy cs introduced me to the band through this cover of their single in 1983 (the year when a new band, out of the blue singing 'So here I am once more ...!!!').

How should I put it into perspective?

Especially with the fact that until now I have never heard any music at all from the unknown band (my case) called Zebra? Is it fair for me to write a review on this cover? If you don't think it's fair, you should stop reading it, it's gonna be a waste of time for you to continue ... I tell you!

Thanks for being with me until this sentence because you can afford to bear with me on where I should put my standpoint on a review of cover song that I had never heard before. First, learning from other covers that DT makes from songs that I already knew before, I would assume that DT has not made any significant change on the basic arrangement. If it differs, I believe it would be on guitar solo. But major riffs would be similar (I assume). Second, I can put my words on how the composition of Zebra on this song. I think you understand my standpoint now.

First off, let me tell you .. the song reminds me to 70s band called BOSTON especially when I heard the acoustic guitar version at the intro of this song. It reminds me to Boston's 'More Than a Feeling' even though the basic structure and patterns are different. But at least the nuance is similar. Even though the band is actually a hard rock band, I can see the progressive nature of this song especially when I look at the structure - it changes as the music flows from on segment to another, even though not as dynamic as symphonic prog music. I suddenly remember Triumph / Rick Emmet's song called 'Blinding Light Show' in which this 'Take Your Fingers From My Hair' shares similar structure. I am not saying plagiarism at all.

I really enjoy this song and I regret only know this song nowadays. The flow from intro part using acoustic guitar and vocal line into heavier part has been crafted smoothly by the band. What is so dominating (and it's very good) is the guitar solo by Petrucci. He plays his guitar like crazy in fast speed, it reminds me to Yngwie Malmsteen's guitar style. This song which consumes 8 minutes duration is an excellent song to enjoy. Keep on rockin' ....!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#227222) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 17, 2009

Review by jampa17
2 stars This is a very obscure song of a very obscure band. I don't have any background about Zebra but this is really a great track. There's a special soul within this song, very uplifting, that Dream Theater played with great talent. This is a cover and is included in their 3 CD special edition of the album Black Clouds & Silver Linings.

This is a promo CD, so it's nothing special if you already have that edition, but if you don't and happen this cross your way, you can really be smart and take a copy with you. It's a collectors item, which is cool and the content is 8 minutes of a wonderful song, emotional and original, and as it's a cover you can feel a complete different vibe about it.

Was nice to make the expectation of bringing out one cover per week before the release of their 10th studio album. I'm glad they do it, and I do want to hear the original version. 2 stars is fair.

Send comments to jampa17 (BETA) | Report this review (#273800) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Review by baz91
5 stars Dream Theater's cover of Zebra's 1989 song Take Your Fingers From My Hair is the fourth out of five covers the band released in the build up to their tenth album 'Black Clouds & Silver Linings'. This is definitely my favourite of the lot. This song kicks arse. At over 8 minutes in length, this is a rock number that you won't forget. The verses are based around a simple guitar melody, but the chorus is an anthemic rocker that buries itself in your head. Amazingly enough, LaBrie manages to successfully pull off the high vocals in the chorus. The best part of the track though is surely the 2 minute instrumental outro which rocks so hard, you feel like the room will collapse around you. Combined with a phenomenal Petrucci guitar solo, this is a masterpiece cover that'll leave you dazed.

Send comments to baz91 (BETA) | Report this review (#524609) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 16, 2011

Post a review of DREAM THEATER "Take Your Fingers From My Hair"