INFINI

Studio Album, released in 2009

1. God Phones (05:07)
2. From The Cave (02:55)
3. Earthache (03:21)
4. Global Warning (04:40)
5. A Room With A V.U. (04:50)
6. Destroy After Reading (04:27)
7. Treasure Chase (03:37)
8. Krap Radio (03:45)

- Denis d'Amour / guitar
- Michel Langevin / drums
- Jason Newsted / bass

Relapse Records, June 2009

Thanks to riversdancing for the addition

VOIVOD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy VOIVOD Infini Music

Explicit Lyrics
Pet Rock Records 1995
VoivodVoivod
Surfdog Records Ada 2003
Doomsday News 'Compilation Pic LP' Metal Thrash Voivod Kreator Helloween Tankard US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Voivod Infini CD 2009 new & sealed Nuclear Blast US $7.20 Buy It Now 3h 13m
VOIVOD KATORZ SPECIAL UKR. EDITION JASON NEWSTED METALLICA SEALED US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 13m
VOIVOD - TARGET EARTH, 2013 GERMAN 180G BLUE vinyl 2LP, 200 COPIES! SEALED! US $59.99 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Voivod - War & Pain CD METAL BLADE US $14.83 Buy It Now 5h
Wolf Spider Drifting in the Sullen Sea Mekong Delta Coroner Xentrix Toxik Voivod US $3.99 [0 bids]
Voivod - Lives CD US $14.83 Buy It Now 8h 32m
Voivod - Katorz CD US $11.73 Buy It Now 9h 6m
Voivod - Target Earth CD US $17.62 Buy It Now 9h 15m
Voivod - Dimension Hatross CD US $14.46 Buy It Now 9h 20m
Voivod - Killing Technology CD US $14.46 Buy It Now 9h 20m
Voivod - Target Earth Vinyl Record LP US $21.70 Buy It Now 9h 46m
KREATOR Renewal SEALED ORIGINAL Futurist 1992 sodom THRASH METAL voivod slayer US $8.00 [0 bids]
Voivod - Thrashing Rage - Graphic Vinyl US $40.00 [0 bids]
VERSE AND RADIATION Along The Celestial Ruins CD mutant thrash voivod microwaves US $9.98 Buy It Now 11h 15m
VOIVOD TARGED EARTH 2LP BLUE VINYL + KLUSKAP O'KOM BLACK&WHITE SWIRLED 7" US $149.99 Buy It Now 12h 27m
Voivod - Katorz [CD New] US $7.02 Buy It Now 13h 57m
VOIVOD dimension hatross N 0106-3 85-4467 SPV-GMBH CD 1st press no IFPI US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 57m
~Rare~ Voivod Dimension Hatross LP Noise International Label 1988 US $19.99 [0 bids]
VOIVOD Spectrum Live 09 1987 CD new metal US $1.00 [1 bids]
Generation Kill - Red White And Blood CD w/ E-Force CD bundle Exodus Voivod US $14.00 Buy It Now 14h 27m
~Rare~ Voivod Killing Technology LP - Noise International Label 1987 US $19.99 [0 bids]
VOIVOD CLEAR VINYL THE LOST MACHINE 12'' RECORD US $19.99 Buy It Now 15h 23m
~Rare~ Voivod Rrroooaaarrr LP - Noise International Label 1986 German Pressing US $19.99 [0 bids]
~Rare~ Voivod Nothingface LP - Mechanic/MCA Label 1989 US Pressing US $29.99 [0 bids]
Voivod "fix my heart" US $8.50 Buy It Now 16h 45m
VOIVOD - D-V-O-D-1 DVD 2005 Thrash Rare OOP Sacrifice Razor US $15.00 [0 bids]
TERROR SQUAD Lot of 2 CDs - see pics... Rare OOP Japan Artillery Voivod US $19.99 [0 bids]
VOIVOD-KATORZ - SEALED!! US $11.99 Buy It Now 18h 9m
Voivod: Kronik CD 2004 Hypnotic / Candlelight USA Records CDL0143CD NEW US $7.95 Buy It Now 18h 11m
Katorz by Voivod CD 2006 heavy metal album Canadian rock X-Stream NEW! US $4.19 Buy It Now 18h 41m
DIE KREUZEN Cows And Beer 7" Black Flag Zero Boys VoiVod Husker Du / Barbar '07 US $5.63 [0 bids]
VOIVOD - PHOBOS NEW CD US $22.86 Buy It Now 19h 21m
VOIVOD / ANGEL RAT / CASSETTE TAPE / MCA (1991) US $12.05 Buy It Now 19h 28m
SLAUGHTER CANADA SURRENDER OR DIE CD DEMO VOIVOD RAZOR SACRIFICE DEATH AUTOPSY US $19.00 Buy It Now 19h 35m
Voivod Katorz by Voivod CD Used US $4.43 Buy It Now 19h 46m
EXCITER Violence And Force 1984/1990 Globus Int'l / Music For Nations MFN VOIVOD US $29.00 [0 bids]
Angel Rat by Voivod (CD, Oct-1991, Mechanic) ORIGINAL RELEASE - OUT OF PRINT US $14.95 [1 bids]
NOTHINGFACE BY VOIVOD - ORIGINAL MCA/MECHANIC - OUT OF PRINT - UBBER RARE ! US $39.95 [0 bids]
RARE ADVANCE PROMO OOP Pure Noise CD METAL Kreator VOIVOD Coroner CELTIC FROST US $7.00 Buy It Now 21h
Voivod Astronomy Domine The Unknown Knows Promo CD Single US $14.99 Buy It Now 21h 27m
VOIVOD - KATORZ [LTD.DIGIPACK] (CD, 2006, Nuclear Blast) *Sealed* US $5.99 [0 bids]
VOIVOD - VOIVOD LIVES [LTD.DIGIPACK] (CD, 2000, Century Media) *Sealed* US $4.99 [1 bids]
VOIVOD - KATORZ NEW CD US $12.04 Buy It Now 1 day
Whitesnake on Kerrang Cover The Quireboys LA Guns VoiVod Enuff Z'Nuff US $12.06 Buy It Now 1 day
Yngwie Malmsteen & Joe Lynn Turner Kerrang No: 186 1988 Bathory Voivod US $12.06 Buy It Now 1 day
VOIVOD - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF T26) US $16.00 Buy It Now 1 day
VOIVOD - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF T27) US $16.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Voivod thrashing rages 1986 1st press pic disc Ltd Edtn US $48.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Voivod Lives SEALED 2000 USA CD Aut'Chose EtOu Kosmos Metallica US $11.95 Buy It Now 1 day
watain xl shirt black metal lay down your soul emperor mayhem immortal voivod US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Converge - Petitioning The Empty Sky voivod confessor madball gaza birds in row US $3.00 [0 bids]
Voivod - Phobos [CD New] US $13.19 Buy It Now 1 day
VOIVOD: s/t. full album PROMOTIONAL CD - NO COVER!! VERY RARE! US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
VOIVOD - Katorz CD metallica megadeth razor vektor coroner sepultura sadus shirt US $5.00 [0 bids]
Voivod Angel Rat USA Cassette Tape Sealed NEW US $9.90 Buy It Now 1 day
VOIVOD - WARRIORS OF ICE [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $14.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Voivod We Carry On RARE promo VHS video '03 US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Into the Blizzard...Canadian Assault CD 2001 [Gorguts, Voivod, Neuraxis, Razor] US $4.45 [0 bids]
VOIVOD - KATORZ CD / RARE PROMO / DIFFERENT COVER ARTWORK US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Metallica - Metallica (CD 1991) FLOTSAM AND & JETSAM EXCITER VOIVOD NEWSTED US $9.47 Buy It Now 2 days
VOIVOD - NEGATRON [803341161221] - NEW CD US $19.53 Buy It Now 2 days
FOUNDATIONS FORUM '91- 3 CD SET / SOUNDGARDEN / FATES WARNING / VOIVOD US $19.99 [0 bids]
VOIVOD Target Earth 2LP Gatefold Black Vinyl quebecois prog-thrash NEW limited US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
DIE KREUZEN GONE AWAY EP ORIG 1989 HC Alt Voivod Accused Necros Mecht Mensch Vig US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
WINTERBLUT Leichenstandard LP REISSUE German black metal voivod Nuclear War Now! US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DIE KREUZEN PINK FLAG LAND OF TREASON 7" ORIG HC Voivod Accused Necros Wire Vig US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
VOIVOD KATORZ 2006 SEALED NEW CD Jason Newsted Old Metalla Bass Player US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best Of Voivod Cassette Tape New Sealed metal US $7.95 Buy It Now 2 days
VOIVOD - THE BEST OF VOIVOD / SEALED 1992 FUTURIST RECORDS CD / ASTRONOMY DOMINE US $12.99 [0 bids]
NECRONOMITRON s/t CD prog-metal flying luttenbachers voivod dazzling killmen NEW US $11.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Annihilator - Never Neverland CD ORG ROADRACER voivod sacrifice megadeth anthrax US $12.99 [0 bids]
Katorz by Voivod (CD, Jul-2006, The End) US $5.00 [0 bids]
WINTERBLUT Von Den Pflichten Schönes Zu Vernichten 2LP german black metal voivod US $23.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Voivod, Rrroooaaarrr RARE! FIRST PRESSING WITH INSERT 1986 LP COMBAT RECS OOP US $50.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Voivod, WAR & PAIN RARE! FIRST PRESSING WITH INSERT 1986 LP COMBAT RECS OOP US $75.00 Buy It Now 2 days
VOIVOD Target Earth SEALED 2LP 180g PURPLE VINYL gatefold limited edition US $18.74 Buy It Now 2 days
VOIVOD THE LOST MACHINE 12" LP 1993 PROMO ONLY CLEAR VINYL NM US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Voivod Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + FREE BONUSES US $8.46 Buy It Now 2 days
Voivod Cassette Lot of 2 Tapes Nothingface Angel Rat Astronomy Domine Pink Floyd US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Voivod: Target Earth CD 2013 Century Media Records 8961-2 Jewel Case NEW US $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Coroner-Death Cult CD Celtic Frost,VoiVod,Metallica,Slayer,Kreator,Private Metal US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Voivod-Katorz CD Jewel box version! Katorz is a remarkable record US $4.49 [0 bids]
VOIVOD - KATORZ [ ] - NEW CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DEATHRONER Death CD Slaughter Voivod Possessed Sodom Mutilator Sarcofago Bathory US $8.46 Buy It Now 2 days
SLAUGHTER:One foot in the grave VOIVOD,RAZOR,SACRIFICE,DEATH,POSSESSED US $3.50 [0 bids]
VOIVOD NOTHINGFACE CASSETTE TAPE ORIGINAL 1989 PURPLE LABEL NOISE INTL. US $14.46 Buy It Now 3 days
Voivod Nothingface 1989 Mechanic MCA 1st Pressing U.S.A. w/Poster Foldout Insert US $24.99 [0 bids]
Voivod Angel Rat Japan 1st Pressing 1991 MVCM-106 MCA - Mechanic Records / Razor US $9.99 [0 bids]
Voivod The Outer Limits Japan 1st Pressing 1993 + 3-D Glasses / Sacrifice US $9.99 [1 bids]
ALTERNATE ENDINGS CD 06 Voivod Impaled Nazarene Sadus Dissection Green Carnation US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
TARGET MASTER PROJECT GENESIS MEGA RARE CD!!! mekong delta realm voivod toxik US $1.75 [3 bids]
TARGET MISSION EXECUTED MEGA RARE CD!!! mekong delta realm voivod toxik US $1.75 [3 bids]
RAZOR CUSTOM KILLING MEGA RARE CD!!! exciter voivod artillery hallows eve US $2.29 [4 bids]
VISITOR SAME MEGA RARE CD!!! exciter voivod artillery hallows eve thrash US $0.99 [1 bids]
Voivod- RARE The Lost Machine/Jack Luminous 12" Clear Vinyl EP Promo Voi Vod US $20.99 [0 bids]
Voivod - Killing Technology / ORG 86 Noise US $11.50 [4 bids]
Voivod - Nothingface / ORG 89 MCA US $7.00 [1 bids]
Coroner "R.I.P" Original Rare French Edition NM Metallica Voivod US $82.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Mekong Delta "The Gnome" Signed Picture EP Voivod Metallica Slayer US $63.99 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy VOIVOD music online Buy VOIVOD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for VOIVOD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

VOIVOD Infini ratings distribution

VOIVOD Infini reviews

Review by debrewguy
4 stars I've been tormenting myself ever since I got this album through a Flac download from the SonicUnyon store

I want to rave about it. I want to rev up the band's fan base. I want tech metal fans to pick up on it.

That's the easy part. The hard part is how I'm going to put that in a review.

SO here goes - the guitar tracks are more aggressive than most of the band's output except for War & Pain and Roaaarrgghh. Almost gone is the streamlined metal that pervaded the earlier Jasonic albums. I even had to double check the credits because I thought Blacky was back !

The band are back to the Nothingface / Dimension Hatross attitude but with a certain rawness that wasn't present back then. Piggy's dissonant jazz chords are back. Snake shows that you don't need to growl like a cookie monster to sound menacing.

And as much as I would love to present a piece by piece review, I can't . Simply put, whenever I put it on to write about it, I find myself getting lost in the music .

Run, don't walk to your computer. WHOOPS, you're already there! If you're a hard core fan, and now realize you can't wait, SonicUnyon has a Flac download that includes everything that comes with the actual CD. And for $12CAD.

If you're a tech metal fan who's curious, check out the streaming songs on their site - you'll want to get it ! www.voivod.com

This is definitely a must hear for tech metal fans this year. Support the underdog, support the ''Vod, and pray that they come to my town

Send comments to debrewguy (BETA) | Report this review (#246133) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 24, 2009

Review by UMUR
3 stars Infini is the twelfth full-length studio album by Canadian progressive heavy metal act Voivod. After guitarist Denis D'Amour´s ( Piggy´s) untimely death from colon cancer in August 2005, the three remaining members of Voivod opted to continue and finish the album they had started to write at the time using the demo guitar tracks that Denis D'Amour´s had been recording for the album. The result was Katorz (2006) which I personally felt was a very weak album and an unsuitable testimony for one of the most influential guitarists in progressive metal. Therefore I was not especially happy when I heard that Voivod had dug up even more demo guitar tracks recorded by Denis D'Amour´s before his death. Using the same studio technique as when they recorded Katorz, I anticipated another weak album and I really wasn´t expecting much from Infini. Infini fortunately proves me wrong. At least partially.

Voivod´s sound on Infini is very close to the sound they had on Voivod (2003) and Katorz. The sound is closest to the former though. A mix of heavy metal, old school thrash metal, alternative rock and progressive rock. Denis D'Amour´s distinct guitar style is as present as ever on the album and Denis Belanger´s vocals also give away the fact that we´re listening to a Voivod album. The biggest difference from Katorz is that the songs are simply better and more memorable and in addition to that the production is warm. The album is a bit too long and towards the end I begin to find the music a bit trivial allthough never bad. The songs are a bit to close in sound for comfort though and a few more experiments would have suited the music well. With pre-recorded guitar tracks that probably wasn´t possible though.

There´s no doubt that Infini is a much better testimony to Denis D'Amour than Katorz, and if you enjoyed the selftitled album from 2003 this should be a sure purchase. They don´t come near the heights of earlier releases though so don´t expect something revalutionary. It´s a good album but nothing more IMO. 3 stars are deserved. RIP Piggy. You´re my hero.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#246322) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 26, 2009

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars Infini is the second album Voivod recorded after guitar player Piggy's death. The band surpassed my expectations again. I would have imagined they had already used up the best available stuff on Katorz, but Piggy's bag of riffs must have been bottomless.

With God Phones we start with a true highlight, containing a slightly more progressive Voivod with more tempo changes and riff development then what we had gotten used to on the preceding albums. In the quicker parts they almost sound like Motorhead. It's Snake's merit really. He seems to have found his gruff Lemmy-bite back from Dimension Hatross and he really shines again. The Motorhead reference returns on the closing Volcano that has a very Ace of Spades type bass riff.

A string of short and snappy Voivod tracks follows. I can't grasp how they managed to craft such accomplished tracks from a couple of guitar riffs recorded on a PC, but somehow they did it. The songs are a lot more memorable and distinguishable from one another then on Katorz. The material is also more thrashy and dirty. A real improvement over the fairly tame rocking sound of the preceding albums.

This is a fairly long album for this kind of dense chromatic metal, so there are a couple of tracks I tend to skip in order to obtain a more manageable 45 minutes of Voivod. Treasure Chase, Krap, In Orbit and Deathproof tend to be sacrificed for that purpose. With Pyramidome they launch into an impressive final attack with Morpheus and Volcano as absolute album highlights.

A bit too long but a really good Voivod album that finds them in a tasty thrash metal mood. Some of the songs are downright excellent and the overall result averages out to a nice 3 stars.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#287296) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 19, 2010

Review by JJLehto
2 stars Although a huge fan of their early material, I must admit I have not listened to any Voivod post Nothingface. So maybe it was a bit of a risk picking up their latest, and most likely last, album. Though I was looking forward to it, I must say I was correct in my original anxiety. This is not a very good album.

It is known that guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'Amour died from cancer several years before this release. It is of course a shame when anyone leaves us, especially a unique musician like Piggy. Truly one of the more unique and unknown guitarists out there. This album was largely a tribute to Piggy, and it was made using riffs he previously recorded and had stored on his computer. That is evident.

While you can hear Piggy's unique sound, this is frankly a poor album. There is not much progressive about this album at all. It is largely thrashy, though as fans of Voivod know even when it is thrashy it is different. Just like on their classic "Nothingface" this album almost never uses tremolo picking or shredding, but instead often chords and jazz tinged guitaring. While some of that great unique sound is here, a lot of these songs are bland.

Global Warning is a standout track. Pretty thrashy, but different sections and some great guitar work, even a solo in there! If someone wants a prime example of Piggy's work this is the song.

Sadly, the next song "A Room with a V.U." is the opposite. It is boring. Though it starts off pretty cool I have a difficult time keeping my attention through the song. This is the case with a lot of the album. Cool moments, but overall songs are weak and frankly it is difficult to really get into a lot of them.

While the music is bit bland, the vocals are awful! Sometimes Denis has a Lemmy type style going on, and that's actually when I like it best! Besides that, the vocals just sound shot. Strained, grinding, shot is really the best way to put it. Also sounds a bit uninspired and forced at times. These things happen with age and abuse, but no way around it, the vocals on this album are bad.

It is a shame because "Destroy After Reading" is another of the better songs musically, but the vocals kill it. I can barely listen.

Morpheus, is another of the stand out songs, and maybe the best on the album. Some actual variation, this song reminds me of classic Voivod. That Piggy guitar work that we love with disjointed, ominous sounding riffs and different sections. You get some slow and heavy, some thrash, and some creepy parts, especially the ending. Great song!

I have mentioned Piggy a lot, and their is a reason for this. His guitar really is the highlight of this album. The drumming is average, the bass work, (though pretty damn good at times) overall is average, the vocals are awful, and while the music may be solid many of the songs are poorly constructed. Oh, and there is nothing really progressive about this album. Unique perhaps, but progressive? I wouldn't say so.

Maybe this is a bit forgivable because hey, they were working with pre made riffs from a computer. Must be difficult to really make much with that. This album serves its purpose well, a tribute to their late bandmate and awesome guitarist, Denis D'Amour. That I appreciate, but unfortunately this is not a very good album. Even if this is partly due to the restraint they chose to work with to make this tribute, the fact stands that is a poor album still. If you listen to it, stomach the bad vocals, and can tolerate the lack of prog, you WILL hear some unique guitar work, and glimpses of really really good music.

Two Stars

R.I.P. Piggy

Send comments to JJLehto (BETA) | Report this review (#291939) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 26, 2010

3 stars I'm on a Voivod kick lately, so I'm writing this review, and the review for the successor,"Target Earth," back to back. As others have noted, this is the 2nd Voivod album to be released after the untimely death of veteran guitar genius Denis D'Amour AKA Piggy. But nonetheless, his guitar work is ... (read more)

Report this review (#902324) | Posted by Failcore | Tuesday, January 29, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This very last album with Piggy on the guitar is one of the most diversified albums of the band and though there are some interesting science-fiction conceptual sound samples which connect the songs, this albums has somehow the mood of a compilation album. It is a very good compilation album with ... (read more)

Report this review (#383283) | Posted by kluseba | Wednesday, January 19, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of VOIVOD "Infini"