THE LOVE SONGS

Peter Hammill The Love Songs album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy PETER HAMMILL Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1984

1. Just Good Friends (3:54)
2. My Favourite (3:00)
3. Been Alone So Long (5:01)
4. Ophelia (3:08)
5. Again (3:34)
6. If I Could (5:00)
7. Vision (3:15)
8. Don't Tell Me (4:39)
9. The Birds (3:40)
10. The Looking Glass (6:57)

Total Time : 37:13

- Stuart Gordon / violin
- John Ellis / guitar
- Manny Elias / drums
- David Lord / synthesizer

Virgin Records, CASCD 1166 (UK, 1984)

and to zowieziggy for the last updates

PETER HAMMILL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PETER HAMMILL The Love Songs Music

Import · Remastered
EMI Europe Generic 2007
Blue Plate Caroline 1990
Virgin Japan 2007
Mercury
Vinyl$15.31 (used)
The Love Songs (Vinyl)The Love Songs (Vinyl)
Charisma Records
Vinyl$16.00 (used)
PETER HAMMILL THE LOVE SONGS RARE OOP JAPAN MINI-LP CD USD $24.99 Buy It Now 12h 21m
@PETER HAMMILL/THE LOVE SONGS/JAPAN MINI LP CD USD $24.80 Buy It Now 1 day
PETER HAMMILL Love Songs LP 10 Track With Inner UK Mercury 1984 USD $11.29 Buy It Now 2 days
Peter Hammill The Love Songs Mini LP CD JAPAN VJCP-68858 Van Der Graaf Generator USD $30.00 [5 bids]
PETER HAMMILL The Love Songs (Virgin Records CASCDR 1166) CD ...Van der Graaf USD $7.67 Buy It Now 2 days
Love Songs - Peter Hammill (CD Used Very Good) USD $6.83 Buy It Now 3 days
Peter Hammill:4 CD+Love Songs Promo Box Japan Mini-LP (van der graaf generator Z USD $195.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Peter Hammill - The Love Songs NEW CD USD $7.55 Buy It Now 6 days
Love Songs - Peter Hammill (2007, CD New) USD $10.46 Buy It Now 6 days
Peter Hammill - Love Songs [CD New] USD $8.73 Buy It Now 6 days
^ PETER HAMMILL love songs VJCP-68858 JAPAN MINI LP CD USD $29.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Peter Hammill The Love Songs CD NEW SEALED Remastered Van Der Graaf Generator USD $7.67 Buy It Now 9 days
PETER HAMMILL-The Love Songs-84/2007 CD MINI LP VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR USD $20.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Peter Hammill / Love Songs VDGG UK Vinyl LP Virgin Charisma CAS 1166 Prog USD $4.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Peter Hammill Love Songs UK LP Van Der Graaf Generator  Charisma CAS 1166 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Peter Hammill: The Love Songs (mini LP) CD (Japan) USD $56.30 Buy It Now 13 days
THE LOVE SONGS [PETER HAMMILL] [5099950328628] NEW CD USD $5.72 Buy It Now 16 days
PETER HAMMILL The Love Songs ROCK LP CHARISMA UK Import USD $9.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Peter Hammill - The Love Songs CD CASCD1166 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 19 days
NEW - Love Songs by Hammill, Peter USD $57.28 Buy It Now 20 days
Peter Hammill - Love Songs / 1984 Charisma/Virgin Records CAS 1166, UK LP USD $35.95 Buy It Now 21 days
Peter Hammill Love Songs Orig Press 1984 UK Virgin CD USD $12.34 Buy It Now 22 days
Peter Hammill - Love Songs (Mini Lp Sleeve) [CD New] USD $27.79 Buy It Now 23 days
Love Songs (Mini Lp Sleeve) - Peter Hammill (2007, CD New) USD $23.39 Buy It Now 23 days
Peter Hammill - The Love Songs - RARE Israel Israeli Press LP LISTEN Art-Prog USD $22.74 Buy It Now 24 days
Peter Hammill - The Love Songs (NEW CD) USD $10.50 Buy It Now 26 days
PETER HAMMILL-the love songs '84 UK LP ORIG. V.D.G.GENERATOR. USD $15.38 Buy It Now 27 days
PETER HAMMILL "THE LOVE SONGS" CD NEW+ USD $14.96 Buy It Now 29 days
Peter Hammill -the love songs (MINI LP CD) USD $24.99 Buy It Now 29 days
PETER HAMMILL the love songs CD Van der Graaf Generator USD $11.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy PETER HAMMILL music online Buy PETER HAMMILL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PETER HAMMILL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PETER HAMMILL The Love Songs ratings distribution

PETER HAMMILL The Love Songs reviews

Review by Gatot
2 stars Guys, I would not recommend you to purchase this CD if you are not a fan of Peter Hammill. Even, you also love VAN der GRAFF GENERATOR, you still have to think twice. I love HAMMILL voice. I think his voice is so damn unique that no singer could emulate the way he sings. Especially, his voice so powerful at low tone. His timbre is excellent! You would not argue with me about this, I believe ...

HAMMILL's solo albums are consistent in terms of music style. He's still in prog arena. No exception with this record. Yes, the theme is "love" but it's not typical "love" you have imagined (in terms of music composition). I personally have a little chance to enjoy this record as it sounds too boring for me. But, don't get me wrong with my statement, because this record has a strong songwriting. I salute HAMMILL on his work.

The reason whyI rarely listen to this record is because the melody is bit weak. Ooppss ... sorry for HAMMILL's fans. What I mean is that, there is no melody that blow my mind when I listen to this record. But, I still have this record because I love his voice. That's it. What do you think? - Gatot Widayanto, Indonesia.

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
1 stars Hammill is a master of the rock ballad, all his albums contain poignant love songs with great lyrics and an emotional delivery that stay far away from cheap sentimentalism.

So why he chose to re-record some of them in this over-the-top and glossy arrangement has always mystified me. The mystery was revealed in the 90's when he often returned to this plastic sound and I suspect that Hammill simply likes this kind of approach. Unfortunately so, I would say. But that is a story for later.

Be warned. This is not a normal compilation but a rather disappointing re-recording from 1984 that has butchered all the life and feeling out of every single track. Except for The Looking Glass maybe which is still acceptable. Anyway, avoid.

5 stars This album is excellent. Forget VDGG, this is Hammill, and Hammill's records are different than VDGG records. This album contains some of his most beautiful love tracks re-arranged (some re-sung), and most of them are FAR superior than the originals (which were excellent in the first place). " ... (read more)

Report this review (#78174) | Posted by | Sunday, May 14, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This LP is a compilation containing love songs from Hammill's impressive back catalogue. The songs are basically of great quality, and Hammil's voice (as always) a great feature. But this LP is more than just a compilation, the songs are unfortunately redubbed and remixed, some take severe dam ... (read more)

Report this review (#68032) | Posted by ummagumma08 | Thursday, February 02, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PETER HAMMILL "The Love Songs"