THE LOVE SONGS

Peter Hammill The Love Songs album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy PETER HAMMILL Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1984

1. Just Good Friends (3:54)
2. My Favourite (3:00)
3. Been Alone So Long (5:01)
4. Ophelia (3:08)
5. Again (3:34)
6. If I Could (5:00)
7. Vision (3:15)
8. Don't Tell Me (4:39)
9. The Birds (3:40)
10. The Looking Glass (6:57)

Total Time : 37:13

- Stuart Gordon / violin
- John Ellis / guitar
- Manny Elias / drums
- David Lord / synthesizer

Virgin Records, CASCD 1166 (UK, 1984)

and to zowieziggy for the last updates

PETER HAMMILL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PETER HAMMILL The Love Songs Music

Vinyl$14.58 (used)
Virgin Japan 2007
Mercury
Vinyl$22.24 (used)
The Love Songs (Vinyl)The Love Songs (Vinyl)
Charisma Records
Vinyl$12.00 (used)
Peter Hammill - The Love Songs - RARE Israel Israeli Press LP LISTEN Art-Prog USD $26.24 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Peter Hammill - The Love Songs (NEW CD) USD $10.60 Buy It Now 2 days
PETER HAMMILL THE LOVE SONGS UK IMPORT PROG ROCK EX+ USD $4.24 Buy It Now 2 days
PETER HAMMILL the love songs CD Van der Graaf Generator USD $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Peter Hammill / Love Songs VDGG UK Vinyl LP Virgin Charisma CAS 1166 Prog USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Peter Hammill Love Songs UK LP Van Der Graaf Generator  Charisma CAS 1166 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Peter Hammill - The Love Songs - CASCDR1166 USD $11.70 Buy It Now 4 days
PETER HAMMILL THE LOVE SONGS U.K. CHARISMA VIRGIN 1984 EX- VANDER GRAF GENERATOR USD $5.99 [0 bids]
USD $11.97 Buy It Now
PETER HAMMILL The Love Songs Remastered CD NEW USD $9.36 Buy It Now 5 days
PETER HAMMILL Love Songs LP 10 Track With Inner (8224491) UK Mercury 1984 USD $18.21 Buy It Now 5 days
PETER HAMMILL THE LOVE SONGS RARE OOP JAPAN MINI-LP CD USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
PETER HAMMILL Love Songs LP 10 Track But Sleeve Has Ringwear And Is Discoloured USD $10.77 Buy It Now 6 days
Love Songs - Peter Hammill (2007, CD New) USD $11.90 Buy It Now 6 days
PETER HAMMILL - LOVE SONGS NEW CD USD $15.52 Buy It Now 6 days
@PETER HAMMILL/THE LOVE SONGS/JAPAN MINI LP CD USD $29.80 Buy It Now 6 days
Peter Hammill m- uK The Love Songs USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Peter Hammill - Love Songs [CD New] USD $9.36 Buy It Now 7 days
Peter Hammill - The Love Songs NEW CD USD $7.72 Buy It Now 9 days
The Love Songs Peter Hammill Audio CD USD $13.73 Buy It Now 13 days
The Love Songs by Peter Hammill *New CD* USD $6.64 Buy It Now 14 days
PETER HAMMILL - THE LOVE SONGS [PETER HAMMILL] - NEW CD USD $6.61 Buy It Now 19 days
Peter Hammill : The Love Songs CD (1988) USD $6.07 Buy It Now 23 days
Peter Hammill-The Love Songs CD NEW USD $10.02 Buy It Now 25 days
PETER HAMMILL - THE LOVE SONGS- 1984 - UK IMPORT-LP/Vinyl/Record USD $6.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Peter Hammill - Love Songs / 1984 Charisma/Virgin Records CAS 1166, UK LP USD $35.95 Buy It Now 26 days
Peter Hammill Love Songs Orig Press 1984 UK Virgin CD USD $14.24 Buy It Now 28 days
Peter Hammill-The Love Songs CD NEW USD $14.88 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy PETER HAMMILL music online Buy PETER HAMMILL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PETER HAMMILL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PETER HAMMILL The Love Songs ratings distribution

PETER HAMMILL The Love Songs reviews

Review by Gatot
2 stars Guys, I would not recommend you to purchase this CD if you are not a fan of Peter Hammill. Even, you also love VAN der GRAFF GENERATOR, you still have to think twice. I love HAMMILL voice. I think his voice is so damn unique that no singer could emulate the way he sings. Especially, his voice so powerful at low tone. His timbre is excellent! You would not argue with me about this, I believe ...

HAMMILL's solo albums are consistent in terms of music style. He's still in prog arena. No exception with this record. Yes, the theme is "love" but it's not typical "love" you have imagined (in terms of music composition). I personally have a little chance to enjoy this record as it sounds too boring for me. But, don't get me wrong with my statement, because this record has a strong songwriting. I salute HAMMILL on his work.

The reason whyI rarely listen to this record is because the melody is bit weak. Ooppss ... sorry for HAMMILL's fans. What I mean is that, there is no melody that blow my mind when I listen to this record. But, I still have this record because I love his voice. That's it. What do you think? - Gatot Widayanto, Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#18081) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
1 stars Hammill is a master of the rock ballad, all his albums contain poignant love songs with great lyrics and an emotional delivery that stay far away from cheap sentimentalism.

So why he chose to re-record some of them in this over-the-top and glossy arrangement has always mystified me. The mystery was revealed in the 90's when he often returned to this plastic sound and I suspect that Hammill simply likes this kind of approach. Unfortunately so, I would say. But that is a story for later.

Be warned. This is not a normal compilation but a rather disappointing re-recording from 1984 that has butchered all the life and feeling out of every single track. Except for The Looking Glass maybe which is still acceptable. Anyway, avoid.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#253145) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 27, 2009

5 stars This album is excellent. Forget VDGG, this is Hammill, and Hammill's records are different than VDGG records. This album contains some of his most beautiful love tracks re-arranged (some re-sung), and most of them are FAR superior than the originals (which were excellent in the first place). " ... (read more)

Report this review (#78174) | Posted by | Sunday, May 14, 2006 | Review Permanlink

2 stars This LP is a compilation containing love songs from Hammill's impressive back catalogue. The songs are basically of great quality, and Hammil's voice (as always) a great feature. But this LP is more than just a compilation, the songs are unfortunately redubbed and remixed, some take severe dam ... (read more)

Report this review (#68032) | Posted by ummagumma08 | Thursday, February 02, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PETER HAMMILL "The Love Songs"