ROCKS, PEBBLES, AND SAND

Stanley Clarke Rocks, Pebbles, and Sand album cover

Buy STANLEY CLARKE Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. Danger Street (4:51)
2. All Hell Broke Loose (5:03)
3. Rocks, Pebbles And Sand (4:13)
4. Underestimation (3:43)
5. You/Me Together (4:05)
6. We Supply (4:21)
7. The Story Of A Man And A Woman - (11:13)
Part 1: She Thought I Was Stanley Clarke
Part 2: A Fool Again
Part 3: - I Nearly Went Crazy (Until I Realized What Had Occurred)

Search STANLEY CLARKE Rocks, Pebbles, and Sand lyrics

Search STANLEY CLARKE Rocks, Pebbles, and Sand tabs

* Stanley Clarke - Bass, Guitar, Percussion, Guitar (Bass), Guitar (Electric), Keyboards, Vocals, Vocals (bckgr)
* Steve Bach - Keyboards
* Josie James - Vocals
* Charles "Icarus" Johnson - Guitar
* Louis Johnson - Guitar, Bass (Electric), Vocals
* Valerie Johnson - Vocals
* Marcy Levy - Vocals, Vocals (bckgr)
* Dennis MacKay -
* Ron Strauss - Cello
* Charles Veal - Violin
* John Wittenberg - Violin

released on Epic Records

Thanks to Stooge for the addition

STANLEY CLARKE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STANLEY CLARKE Rocks, Pebbles, and Sand Music

UpUp
Mack Avenue 2014
School DaysSchool Days
Sbme Special Mkts. 2008
Stanley Clarke BandStanley Clarke Band
Heads Up 2010
Stanley Clarke- The Complete 1970s Epic Albums Collection (Box Set)Stanley Clarke- The Complete 1970s Epic Albums Collection (Box Set)
Box set · Limited Edition
Legacy 2012
Rite of StringsRite of Strings
Capitol 1995
Stanley ClarkeStanley Clarke
Epic Europe 1991
1978 - Stanley Clarke - MODERN MAN - Excellent Condition US $4.25 Buy It Now 51m 16s
STANLEY CLARKE Modern Man LP NEMPEROR RECORDS JZ35303 US 1978 NM US $10.79 Buy It Now 1h 51m
McCoy Tyner with Stanley Clarke & Al Foster by McCoy... US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h
Animal Logic s/t CD Police Stanley Clarke Steve Howe Climax Blues Band US $1.50 [0 bids]
Animal Logic II CD Police Stanley Clarke Stewart Copeland Deborah Holland US $1.50 [0 bids]
THE STANLEY CLARKE BAND: FUTURE & SPACERUNNER, 12" SINGLE, NM VINYL US $1.00 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE - BASS-IC COLLECTION NEW CD US $10.95 Buy It Now 3h 4m
STANLEY CLARKE-MODERN MAN-LP-NM-JAZZ FUSION-EPIC US $7.99 [0 bids]
7"-Single STANLEY CLARKE & GEORGE DUKE Heroes / Atlanta (1983) MINT- HOLLAND PS US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 22m
Stanley Clarke LP Rocks, Pebbles and Sand PROMO US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 2m
Eddie Soundtrack CD Coolio Jodeci Dru Hill Darcus Stanley Clarke Kimberly Blake US $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 18m
STANLEY CLARKE LET ME KNOW YOU (1982) ORIGINAL JAPAN CD 35.8P-9 US $34.99 Buy It Now 6h 6m
With Stanley Clarke & Al Foste - Mccoy Tyner US $8.74 Buy It Now 6h 23m
STANLEY CLARKE - SCHOOL DAYS - NEMPEROR RECORDS LP US $6.50 Buy It Now 6h 39m
Stanley Clarke Journey to love RCA NEMPEROR records lp US $11.63 Buy It Now 7h 25m
School Days by Stanley Clarke LP Record 33 RPM 1976 Bass Legend US $1.99 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE Original Album Classics 5CD Journey/School/Modern/Duke Project US $27.27 Buy It Now 11h 15m
STANLEY CLARKE SCHOOL DAYS VINYL LP US $5.00 Buy It Now 13h 54m
STANLEY CLARKE Future b/w Spacerunner STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 52m
STANLEY CLARKE Born In The U.S.A. b/w Campo Americano STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 55m
STANLEY CLARKE IF THIS BASS COULD ONLY TALK PORTRAIT JAZZ LP US $8.00 [0 bids]
Stanley Clarke (of Return to Forever) solo album from 1974 Nemperor records US $4.29 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE GEORGE DUKE SWEET BABY EPIC 45 1981 US $1.99 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Stanley Clarke/George Duke HEROES 12" US $6.99 Buy It Now 17h 27m
STANLEY CLARKE HIDEAWAY EPIC JAZZ LP US $8.00 Buy It Now 17h 51m
THE STANLEY CLARKE BAND FIND OUT EPIC JAZZ LP US $8.00 Buy It Now 17h 51m
STANLEY CLARKE / MODERN MAN / with Picture Sleeve / EXCELLENT CONDITION US $4.49 Buy It Now 19h
Stanley Clarke - Modern Man/I Wanna Play For You [CD New] US $17.97 Buy It Now 19h 46m
45 RPM Vinyl, Stanley Clarke,Hot Fun, Nemperor, NE-009 PROMO 062413ame US $14.99 Buy It Now 21h 15m
RETURN TO FOREVER-NO MYSTERY 1975 POLYDOR RECORDS LP PD-6512 STANLEY CLARKE US $7.99 Buy It Now 21h 25m
Stanley Clarke School Days 1976 Jazz LP Nemporer NE 439 HEAR IT! US $10.00 Buy It Now 21h 32m
Stanley Clarke - Live At The Greek [CD New] US $10.94 Buy It Now 21h 46m
Fuse ~ Fuse One/ Japan LP/ Sheet Gatefold Stanley Clarke, Larry Coryell US $10.49 Buy It Now 21h 54m
Forever by Chick Corea/Lenny White/Return to Forever/Stanley Clarke (Double... US $11.65 Buy It Now 21h 59m
CHICK COREA/STANLEY CLARKE/LENNY WHITE**FOREVER**2 CD'S US $13.63 Buy It Now 22h 19m
Vintage Record Album Stanley Clarke Larry Graham I'm Here To Stay Demo US $7.99 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE TIME EXPOSURE LP GUITAR JAZZ US $7.99 Buy It Now 23h 28m
STANLEY CLARKE FEAT. LARRY GRAHAM i'm here to stay 12" VG+ EAS 2528 Vinyl 1986 US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
(2) STANLEY CLARKE - WANNA PLAY FOR YOU & ROCK PEBBLES US $9.99 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE TRIO**JAZZ IN THE GARDEN**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
I Wanna Play For You, STANLEY CLARKE (Vinyl) 2 LP US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke-Journey To Love US $2.00 [0 bids]
BRENDA RUSSELL - GRAVITY (REMIX) - US 12" - SOUL - 1988 STANLEY CLARKE PRODUCED US $3.19 Buy It Now 1 day
RODNEY SAULSBERRY - I WONDER - UK 12" - SOUL - PETER BROWN STANLEY CLARKE 1984 US $3.19 Buy It Now 1 day
VINTAGE STANLEY CLARKE LP SELF TITLED RECORD ALBUM 1974 Nemperor Records US $1.25 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE - MODERN MAN / I WANNA PLAY FOR YOU NEW CD US $23.59 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE & GEORGE DUKE mothership connection 12" Mint- 49 73553 Vinyl US $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
NEAR MINT Return to Forever Chick Corea Stanley Clarke Al DiMeola FREE US SHIPPI US $26.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Deodato - Prelude 1972 CTI vinyl Billy Cobham Stanley Clarke US $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke NEAR MINT I Wanna Play For You TWO LPs Jeff Beck Stan Getz G Duke US $25.98 Buy It Now 1 day
LP Journey To Love Stanley Clarke (33 RPM M) 12" US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Stanley Clarke Band : FIND OUT ! " [ Factory Sealed ] US $10.00 [0 bids]
Tap soundtrack LP album with Etta James and Stanley Clarke Tap vinyl! US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE: I Wanna Play For You LP NEMPEROR RECORDS US 1979 PROMO 2XLP NM+ US $26.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE self-titled LP 1974 Nemporer US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke - Modern Man - PROMO - 33 RPM, 12", Jazz, Soul, Funk, R US $0.99 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE self-titled LP Epic EX US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE & GEORGE DUKE Clarke Duke Project LP VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CASSETTE TAPE,STANLEY CLARKE,CBS PROMO,INSERT: IF THIS BASS COULD ONLY TALK: NM- US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE~Heaven Sent You bw Speedball EPIC UK promo w OCS 1984 EX US $2.95 [0 bids]
Stanley Clarke "School Days" Jazz/Fusion/Funk 1976 Nemperor VG++ Nice US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
UNDER FIRE-gato barbieri-mtume-airto-stanley clarke-GF FRANCE-EX US $7.73 [0 bids]
MCCOY TYNER - MCCOY TYNER WITH STANLEY CLARKE & AL FOSTER - NEW CD US $7.63 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke, LPs "I Wanna Play For You", white labels Promo, 2 LPs, Jeff Beck US $8.99 [0 bids]
The Best Man CD For Your Consideration Best Original Song Score Stanley Clarke US $125.00 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE HIDEAWAY On Epic Records Label 1986 Used Good Stan 12" 33RPM US $2.25 [0 bids]
Stanley Clarke & Friends - Live at the Greek - CD US $16.38 Buy It Now 1 day
The Bass-ic Collection by Stanley Clarke (Double Bass) (CD, Epic (USA)) US $4.16 Buy It Now 1 day
Shieldstone, Stanley Clarke & Bill Shields, RSVP 9001, Vinyl, LP VG+ US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
McCoy Tyner with Stanley Clarke & Al Foster, New Music US $16.63 Buy It Now 1 day
7" 45 rpm - STANLEY CLARKE/GEORGE DUKE - I JUST WANT TO LOVE YOU/FINDING MY WAY US $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke - Time Exposure (Cassette, 1984, Epic USA) FUNK SOUL VG US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Modern Man/I Wanna Play for You by Stanley Clarke *New CD* US $15.05 Buy It Now 1 day
Alphonse Mouzon - Distant Lover 1982 modern soul jazz LP EX+ Stanley Clarke US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE STANLEY CLARKE BAND MINT What If I Should Fall In Love WLP PROMO 45 Stereo US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE MINT 4 SONG EP WLP PROMO DJ COPY 33 STEREO ORIGINAL SLEEVE US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke - I Wanna Play For You CD SONY US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke - Bass-Ic Collection CD US $10.27 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE Hideaway Vintage CASSETTE TAPE Jazz Pop US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE s/t LP VG+ NE 431 Vinyl 1979 Record US $8.25 Buy It Now 1 day
The Stanley Clarke Band, Born In The U.S.A. (Springsteen); White Label PROMO 7" US $3.99 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE (DOUB - SCHOOL DAYS [STANLEY CLARKE (DOUBLE BASS)] - NEW CD US $4.94 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke - We Supply - XPR 1206 - Rare 1-sided 12-Inch Promo US $16.04 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke - If This Bass Could Only Talk 1988 AUSTRIA CD Mint Jazz #AN02 US $4.89 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE East River Drive US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE (DOUB - JOURNEY TO LOVE [STANLEY CLARKE (DOUBLE BASS)] - NEW CD US $4.88 Buy It Now 1 day
CHICK COREA-STANLEY CLARKE-LENNY WHITE-AL DIMEOLA-RETURN TO FOREVER-LP-VG+ US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke- Journey To Love (1975) Nemperor NE-433 Vinyl Record LP US $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE LP - Modern Man (1978) US $14.75 Buy It Now 1 day
DEODATO "Prelude" orig '72 CTI LP (stanley clarke/gatefold/RVG) US $7.59 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE "School Days" '76 Epic LP (john mclaughlin/ray gomez) US $8.54 Buy It Now 1 day
Jazz Promo 45 STANLEY CLARKE / GEORGE DUKE Heroes on Epic (promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke - Children Of Forever [CD New] US $9.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke - Toys Of Men [CD New] US $11.98 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE / GEORGE DUKE - The Clarke/Duke Project (Cassette 1981) FUNK JAZZ US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1979 Stanley Clarke-I Wanna Play For You Cassette Tape US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
If This Bass Could Only Talk by Stanley Clarke (Double Bass) (CD, Jun-1988,... US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Stanley Clarke-School Days CD Import Excellent US $8.36 Buy It Now 1 day
STANLEY CLARKE SCHOOL DAYS LP US $4.99 [0 bids]
STANLEY CLARKE, VULCAN PRINCESS, white label PROMO 7" 33 1/3, NEAR MINT! US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy STANLEY CLARKE music online Buy STANLEY CLARKE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STANLEY CLARKE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STANLEY CLARKE Rocks, Pebbles, and Sand ratings distribution

STANLEY CLARKE Rocks, Pebbles, and Sand reviews

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Stanley Clarke is one of the major bass players in jazz rock and jazz fusion world in last almost 40 years. Almost everywhere he played over the years , on his solo albums, in some projects, he has so many, he always bring the listner something intristing and above all not boring, at least for me. So far I've reviewed one of his famous albums School daysand I was not very impressed, ok was a good album for sure, but nothing that make me listen over and over like for ex Return to Forever - Romantic warrior (whre he does a fabulos job). Now I will review his seventh studio album from 1980 named Rock, pebbles and sand released at Epic records. If the music is ok to my ears, here is the same jazz rock like on previous works but with some changes of course, is the turn of a new decade, the '80's and the progressive rock and jazz rock musicians and bands didn't have suny days on the market. Each musician tries to come with something new, sometimes they succeded sometimes they don't. In this case Stanley Clarke incorporates in his jazz rock-fusion arrangemnts some soul elements, some funky chops and even on couple of tracks we can hear some hard rock arrangements like on opening track called Danger Street, is ok but a little strange knowing Clark as a fusio player, anyway this piese sounds like Whitesnake with out same complex bass arrangements, ok tune after all. For some listners this is a deseppointing album, but to me has the same level with School days, even the voice of Stanly is not something great, but not really bad either, some of the critics already jump at him when he was release the album because he pulls the album ina total diffrent direction then his usual style. Anyway I like the album I will give easy 3 stars, not a bad one as many complained. A good jazz rock album with some more rougher edge in places but also combined with his traditional elemenst from previous albums, jazz rock, some soul moments with female -male vocal duets and some funky jazz arrangemenst that worth to be heard from time to time. Pleasent album and great cover art aswell.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#273398) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 22, 2010

Review by Nightfly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
3 stars I dare say that Stanley Clarke's solo work is always going live in the shadow created by his former band, the highly regarded fusion giants Return To Forever. That's not surprising really as although I only have a handful of his solo albums in my collection, the ones I have heard rarely, if ever scale the heights of excellence that RTF achieved. That's not to say he hasn't produced anything worthwhile and Rocks, Pebbles and Sand does have some fine moments.

Naturally he's assembled an excellent cast of high calibre players including the superb drummer Simon Phillips. Musically the material incorporates elements of jazz, funk, rock and soul and of course Clarke's trademark bass sound, often hitting more than one note at a time and part slap and pull funk, is all over the place. Overall, side one (of the original vinyl version) is the better, side two being marred by the drippy soul ballad You/Me Together and the novelty funk of We Supply. A bit better is the three part The Story Of A Man And A Woman which moves disappointingly from a high octane fusion start, She Thought I Was Stanley Clarke into the soul-lite A Fool Again. Fortunately for the third part, I Nearly Went Crazy (Until I Realized What Had Occurred), things improve as it moves back into jazz rock territory.

Getting back to the more consistent side one, Danger Street is heavy rock and All Hell Broke Loose incorporates a more funky and fusion vibe. The title track is a showcase for Clarke's bass work as he weaves around a simple soulful keyboard line aided by some soaring lead guitar. Underestimation is a good side closer and is an upbeat blend soul and funk with rock overtones.

Not Clarke's greatest solo outing then but the consistent side one lifts things enough to warrant a 3 star rating.

Send comments to Nightfly (BETA) | Report this review (#275833) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 01, 2010

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
3 stars This is a completely schizo album. Side 1 of the LP showcases Stanley Clarke's rock side. The songs are similar to some of Jeff Beck's rock songs (but with fantastic bass solos).

Side 2 is more like what we are used to with Stanley Clarke's fusion albums. The first song You/Me Together is the sappy soul vocal piece. We Supply is a more funky vocal piece. And then there's the three part The Story Of A Man And A Woman. It starts out very promising, with high speed quotes from some of his earlier albums, in a section titled She Thought I Was Stanley Clarke. The second section is much more low key, another vocal piece. And part three, I Nearly Went Crazy (Until I Realized What Had Occurred) brings back the quotes. Unfortunately, parts 1 and 3 are way too short, and part 2 is way too long.

4 Stars for side 1, 2.5 stars for side 2. Average = 3.25 stars.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#297616) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 06, 2010

Review by snobb
3 stars Stanley Clarke made his name playing with RTF,between others. Some his solo albums from 70-s are really great, and he is with no doubt one of the best bass player around for some decades.

Unhappily, this album was released in 1980, and the music there is product of that's time. Side A are often almost heavy rock (!), what is very unusual for Clarke, but it is hard rock of early 80-s - simplistic,melodic and very commercial. Side B is more soul-disco-funk, but again - doesn't matter what the genre is, all sound is pure 80-s.

Album in all is very eclectic and sounds more as collection of unrelated compositions ,played in different styles, but always with touch of the time. Possibly, the idea was just to try to record something for every possible listener (vinyl buyer), and in some sense it works - there is wide musical range on this album. The problem is almost all compositions are recorded for pop- market, so even if there are plenty of nice moments, all release sounds as not very successful sell-out.

From positive side, I can notice high level of musicianship of Clarke himself and some collaborators (especially drummer Simon Phillips, Chick Corea played some tunes there as well). In that sense this album is much higher over standard of just pop music. Another attractive moment - album often is openly pop-oriented, but compositions all are different, so music isn't boring.

Hardly an attractive album for progressive fusion lovers, but still have some nice moments.

My rating is 2,5,rounded to 3.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#317948) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 13, 2010

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars Surprisingly enough after the no-specific line-up of Play For You, this album has Stan sharing the spotlight with three white boys who appear to be rockers, and indeed Rock, Pebbles & Sand is Stan's hardest album (to my knowledge anyway), but it doesn't stop it from sounding very AOR, post the few opening tracks. Nevermind the hope-inducing rock motorcycle artwork, this album stinks.

Despite the rather hard-rocking start of Danger Street and the Motor-driven intro All Hell Broke Loose, a fast-driving instrumental that rocks and overruns the engine and transmission and leads into the soft-starting synth-layered title track, another instrumental, where Stan's bass rules. Things go awry when the overestimated Underestimation enters and we get Stan's now acceptable vocals, but the songwriting is uninspired or simply it sounds like [&*!#]. Things go really wrong with the awful dreck track of You/Me Together, a soppy, sugared horrible love song sounding like a pre-Whitney track recorded in Houston. It gets even worse with the atrocious electro-funky We Supply (yup, they do?. loads of crap), but the following three-part 11-mins+ Story Of A Man And Woman is simply laughable, despite a semblance of prog stance, it is ruined by a disco beat and over-soulish vocals and backing vocals. This is still a remnant of the Modern Man-type of songwriting, but it loses its credibility, despite some good instrumentation passages. Shitty late 70's synth sounds just kill this semi-ambitious and proggy piece. This track is cheese enough to prepare a fondue for a whole barmy, but it's clearly the best on the flipside and the finale is rather correct.

It's rather hard to believe that this album was once released as a Contemporary Masters Columbia Jazz series (with the red frame around the artwork), because not only does it suck big bones (well the second half aqnyway), but it's absolutely nothing to do with Jazz. Just a piece of early 80's funk-disco crap, and probably one album that Stan The Man would rather forget he ever made. Best avoided, despite a correct start, but much worse is to come.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#321675) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Post a review of STANLEY CLARKE "Rocks, Pebbles, and Sand"