STEP IN 2 MY WORLD

Buy SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR Music
Studio Album, released in 2008

1. New Rising (5:55)
2. Stay Beside (6:01)
3. Step into my world (5:44)
4. Melissa (3:58)
5. My lovely Mr. Singong Club (2:53)
6. Attract Me (5:31)
7. Paid for Flance (7:26)
8. Moon Talks to Me (7:53)
9. Rishing Shore (6:04)

- Heiko Rehm / bass
- Lars Koehler / vocals
- Ronny Gruber / vocals
- Anne Trautmann / vocals

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR Step In 2 My World Music

More places to buy SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR music online Buy SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR Step In 2 My World ratings distribution

SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR Step In 2 My World reviews

Review by Windhawk
5 stars This sophomore release by German outfit Seven Steps to the Green Door is an odd one, very well made, well performed, but still an odd one.

In the 10 tracks on the CD, 12 if you have the US version with bonus tracks, the band steers it's listener through an erratic - or perhaps rather eclectic - menu of all sorts from the world of music.

The compositions themselves have a high degree of variation, the first bonus track the most stellar example with segments exploring funk, laidback jazz and prog metal in one and the same song, but most other tracks have style variations with a minimum of two different styles explored.

Lighter neo-progressive touches and heavy progressive rock leaning towards prog metal at times are the most dominant features, closely followed by jazz and fusion. Spirited and energetic in general, and even the hip hop or nu-metal inspired vocal segments come across rather well.

The mix and production are high class, but seems to be directed at a mainstream audience though. The guitars are tuned down, contrasts are dampened rather than highlighted; and for such an adventurous creation the overall sound is very slick. Perhaps too slick to cater for a progressive audience; while the music may be too weird for a more mainstream oriented public. Personally I found this to be a great record; but can understand those who doesn't manage to get enthralled by this one.

Still - a highly worth investigating tag for this production from me.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#225972) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 11, 2009

4 stars Another hidden melodic gem from Germany. That country has recently replaced Sweden as a place for pleasant discoveries. But what an unwieldy name (its a religious reference). Almost as unwieldy as Someone in Missouri Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin. Anyway, a truly eclectic band this. Combining ele ... (read more)

Report this review (#1118406) | Posted by Progrussia | Thursday, January 23, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SEVEN STEPS TO THE GREEN DOOR "Step In 2 My World"