ODDS & SODS

The Who Odds & Sods album cover

Buy THE WHO Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1974

Side one

1. Postcard (John Entwistle) (3:27)
2. Now I'm a Farmer (3:59)
3. Put the Money Down (4:14)
4. Little Billy (2:15)
5. Too Much of Anything (4:26)
6. Glow Girl (2:20)

Side two

7. Pure and Easy (5:23)
8. Faith in Something Bigger (3:03)
9. I'm the Face (Peter Meaden) (2:32)
10. Naked Eye (5:10)
11. Long Live Rock (3:54)

Search THE WHO Odds & Sods lyrics

Search THE WHO Odds & Sods tabs

- Roger Daltrey / vocals, harmonica
- John Entwistle / bass guitar, brass, vocals
- Pete Townshend / guitars, keyboards, vocals
- Keith Moon / drums, percussion

LP (1974)

CD (1998, remastered w/ bonus tracks)

Thanks to progrocker2244 for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE WHO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WHO Odds & Sods Music

Who's Better Who's BestWho's Better Who's Best
Mca 1993
The Who "Direct Hits" Vinyl US $50.00 [0 bids]
32m 20s
The Who "Live At Leeds" Vinyl With Inserts US $20.00 [0 bids]
32m 20s
OHIO PLAYERS who'd she coo / bi centennial 7" VG+ 73814 Funk USA 1976 Record US $8.00 Buy It Now 32m 43s
The Who - My Generation - 4 track - 3" CD Maxi Single - CD - US $35.00 Buy It Now 34m 24s
John Legend ?- Used To Love You 12" soul Vinyl includes Yam Who remixes US $9.68 [0 bids]
34m 52s
LOKEY - AM WHO I AM NEW CD US $14.53 Buy It Now 35m
PETE TOWNSHEND WHO CAME FIRST ULTRA RARE CASSETTE TAPE! THE WHO US $10.54 Buy It Now 40m 38s
WHO Behind Blue Eyes & My Wife Promo US $9.95 [0 bids]
40m 42s
MOUNTED PRINT OF THE WHO 12 DISCOGRAPHY 3 SIZES SUPERB GIFT ARTWORK ROCK INDIE US $9.66 Buy It Now 41m 54s
MOUNTED PRINT OF THE WHO 12 DISCOGRAPHY 3 SIZES SUPERB GIFT ARTWORK ROCK INDIE US $11.28 Buy It Now 41m 54s
MOUNTED PRINT OF THE WHO 12 DISCOGRAPHY 3 SIZES SUPERB GIFT ARTWORK ROCK INDIE US $12.89 Buy It Now 41m 54s
MOUNTED PRINT OF THE WHO 12 DISCOGRAPHY 3 SIZES SUPERB GIFT ARTWORK ROCK INDIE US $23.39 Buy It Now 41m 54s
ROGER DALTREY (THE WHO)-"McVICAR FOR THE RECORD" 1980 U.S. DJ LP-WORD US $13.00 Buy It Now 42m 56s
Bee Gees - 2 page interview - Who Magazine 25/10/93 US $1.54 Buy It Now 43m 11s
Jeff Beck Who Else! CD US $1.29 [0 bids]
43m 36s
CHARLES HACKETT Tenor Who is Sylvia? / Serenade 12" 78 COLUMBIA 7367 US $20.95 Buy It Now 43m 38s
STEVE TAYLOR - WHO PAYS THE PIPER * - NEW CD US $11.23 Buy It Now 43m 54s
Mantronix Who Is It US $4.25 Buy It Now 43m 55s
THE WHO - Posters & Promos etc - POSTCARD SET # 2 US $8.05 [0 bids]
44m 33s
DAVID BOWIE Man Who Sold The World 1972 NEAR MINT LP RCA Dynaflex POSTER US $69.99 Buy It Now 44m 38s
Beverley Knight - Who I Am (2002 CD Album) 11 Trax. Pop/R&B/Soul/Jazz US $1.60 [0 bids]
44m 56s
WHO I'm A Boy & In The City Pink Promo US $9.95 [0 bids]
45m 49s
AC / DC - WHO MADE WHO - RARE - URUGUAY (4pics) US $55.00 Buy It Now 46m 53s
ANDREW PAUL Who's Gonna Make The Dance Ram ORIGINAL FASHION 12~SLENG TENG~LISTEN US $14.95 Buy It Now 47m 14s
DAY, DAWN AND DUSK: Who Are You Kissing? (blues & r&b vinyl 45) US $25.00 Buy It Now 47m 41s
3 Blur cd singles: Stereotypes & The Man Who Left Himself + On Your Own cds 1&2 US $1.60 [0 bids]
48m 44s
Colosseum - Those who are about to die we salute you - DUNHILL # DS-50062 US $21.50 [3 bids]
49m 33s
ROCKIN 60's Ft THE WHO Jeff Beck SMALL FACES Joe Cocker JIMI HENDRIX Cream 1987 US $14.50 Buy It Now 54m 59s
(CO160) Al Al Who, The Ceramic Hobs - CD US $9.84 Buy It Now 56m 16s
The Who "My Generation"Vinyl-LP 2005-Remaster-200-Gram-England-Import US $99.99 [0 bids]
57m 15s
ROD LEE Let The Horns Go/Who Sent Chu Nigga 12" Dress 2 Sweat Music US $7.99 Buy It Now 57m 39s
Dispatch Who are We Living For CD Indie Folk Roots Rock Time Served Headlights US $5.95 Buy It Now 1h
Aretha Franklin Who's Zoomin' Who / Another Night 45 rpm Flashback AFS-9484 NM US $2.90 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Soul 45 THE SUPREMES Who Could Ever Doubt My Love on Motown US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
the WHO MY GENERATION LP GATEFOLD COVER GERMAN 60S LP US $25.49 Buy It Now 1h 4m
The Who - 30 Years Of Maximum R&B (4 CD Box Set 1994) US $38.70 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Radio Show: 1 WORD SONG TITLES! 6/11/90 M.JACKSON, DEEP PURPLE, GUESS WHO, DC5 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Rock 45 THE GUESS WHO Star Baby on RCA Victor US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Rock 45 THE GUESS WHO Laughing on RCA Victor US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
TONY TUFF ~ ALL WHO GONE ~ BLACK ROOTS JA 1981 EX CON US $56.44 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Rock 45 THE GUESS WHO Dancin' Fool on RCA Victor US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 6m
The Who "Then And Now" CD Album 20 Track 2004 US $3.21 [0 bids]
KARMAKANIC - WHO S THE BOSS IN THE FACTORY (IMPORT) NEW CD US $34.69 Buy It Now 1h 8m
BURTON CUMMINGS -- 1976 solo LP -- ( Guess Who ) US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Gospel 45 Sammy Hall - Guess Who Moved / We'Re Not Getting Older (Just Closer To US $6.99 [0 bids]
The Who - Direct Hits - Original Track Records Mono - Excellent LP US $32.25 [0 bids]
PINK INDUSTRY: Who Told You, You Were Naked? LP (sticker residue oc) rare Rock US $50.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
THE JURY-Who Dat? Mega Rare Canadian Garage Psych 2 Sider 45-PORT Label #3019 US $199.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
DEEP PURPLE-WHO DO WE THINK WE ARE!-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed F45 US $26.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Dean Martin, Vinyl LP Reprise Records, 1965, RS 6170 I'm the One Who Loves You US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Little Ray promo 45: I Who Have Nothing / I Been Trying - Atco 6355 US $20.00 [0 bids]
Ask a Woman Who Knows by Natalie Cole (CD, Sep-2002, Verve) ENGLISH IMPORT! New! US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 26m
THE LUNATICS feat. NELLY Who's The Boss/Gimmie What U Got 12" EP D2 Record promo US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
THE WHO "THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT" 2-LP MCA2-11005 1979 MCA US $12.50 Buy It Now 1h 27m
THE WHO**FACE DANCES (RM W/BONUS TRACKS)**CD US $6.50 Buy It Now 1h 27m
the WHO LP RARITIES VLO 1 66-68 CIRCLES BUCKET T MORE! US $21.24 Buy It Now 1h 28m
HEMMELIG TEMPO - WHO PUT JOHN CAGE ON T (IMPORT) NEW CD US $41.89 Buy It Now 1h 30m
The Who "30th ANNIVERSARY SAMPLER" CD (PROMO, 1993, MCA) US $1.79 [0 bids]
Guess Who Flavours SEALED 1974 1ST PRESS USA LP NO BARCODE US $21.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
ANDY "YOU KNOW WHO" AUSTRIA 1993 + EXTENDED VERSION CDS US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Rolling Stones(Have You Seen Your Mother)Who's Driving London Rec 45 LON 903 '66 US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Rolling Stones(Have You Seen Your Mother)Who's Driving London Rec 45 LON 903 '66 US $12.50 Buy It Now 1h 31m
VINYL 45 The Who - 5:15 / I'm One / promo Polydor PD 2022 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
WHO'S THAT GIRL - MADONNA - ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK US $32.25 Buy It Now 1h 31m
WHO TOMMY JAPAN DELUXE 2 SHM CD NEW UICY-15263 US $62.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
WHO Kids Are Alright JAPAN AUTHENTIC SHM CD NEW 17 TRACKS OOP UICY-20426 US $28.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
VINYL 45 The Who - Don't Let Go The Coat / stereo and mono / promo US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates by Kenny Chesney (CD, Sep-2007, RCA) US $4.75 Buy It Now 1h 34m
(361O) The Eye Jab, Who Still Believe In Love - DJ CD US $4.82 Buy It Now 1h 34m
DROW-81235Tupac 2Pac Who Do You Believe In 12" Vinyl Single OOP Rap Hip Hop Pac US $9.98 Buy It Now 1h 34m
The Who = Don't Let Go the Coat / You - Polydor WHO5 US $1.61 Buy It Now 1h 34m
The FOUR SEASONS -- Who loves you -- 1975 LP release US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 34m
(392O) Plants & Animals, Lola Who - DJ CD US $4.82 Buy It Now 1h 36m
MARISA TURNER CD 7 mixes "Who's gonna kiss that man ?" GEORGE MOREL US $3.99 [0 bids]
The Who-Who Are You LP Original Release Vinyl Record US $3.99 [0 bids]
THE UNICORNS Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone LP 2003 press HOT PINK OOP US $200.00 [0 bids]
The Guess Who, #10, 1973 RCA, Sealed 8 Track Tape US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Greatest Hits [RCA] by The Guess Who (CD, Feb-1999, RCA) (CD DISC ONLY) US $7.50 [0 bids]
ORIG 60's 45~the WHO~SUMMERTTIME BLUES/HEAVEN AND HELL~W/Sleeve~DECCA~HEAR US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
DISCONTENT Who Killed Vinyl? 7" Punk/Oi/Bonecrusher/Wretched Ones US $12.90 [0 bids]
Endless Wire by The Who (CD, Nov-2006, Universal Distribution) VERY GOOD COND. US $0.75 [0 bids]
THE GUESS WHO american woman LP VG+ LSP-4266 RCA Stereo 1970 USA Original US $22.50 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Dr.Who Theme Peter Howell & the BBC Radiophonic Orchestra 7" 45RPM 1980 US $5.00 [0 bids]
KOLETTES "Who's That Guy"/"Just How Much" Checker 1094 NM US $11.35 [0 bids]
CANADA ORIGINAL 1960s ROCK 45 RPM THE WHO : I CAN'T EXPLAIN + BALD HEADED WOMAN US $19.99 [0 bids]
THE GUESS WHO - The Greatest of The Guess Who CD 1988 US $5.22 Buy It Now 1h 51m
78 RPM-TED WEEMS-JOHNNY HAMP-VICTOR 21511-CONSTANTINOPLE-WHO WOULDN'T BE BLUE US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
K.C. & SUNSHINE BAND 45 w/ps WHO DO YA LOVE / SHO-NUFF ~ rec. & sleeve VG++ TO M US $3.51 Buy It Now 1h 51m
THE KINKS ~ VERY RARE FULLY HAND SIGNED SET OF AUTOGRAPHS 65-66 ~ WHO MOD BEAT US $637.17 Buy It Now 1h 52m
The Who 45 5:15 Polydor Records 1979 PROMO COPY #PD2022 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Loertta Lynn...........Who Says God Is Dead US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Bethnal Dangerous Times UK Vertigo LP VG+/EX 1978 Hard Rock the Who US $7.20 Buy It Now 1h 53m
McVICAR Soundtrack vinyl LP, 1980, Daltrey/The Who, VG US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Entwistle, John, So Who's the Bass Player: The Ox Anthology Audio CD US $56.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
The Who "Sell Out" 2005-Vinyl-LP-200-Gram-Track-613-002-{Out Of Print} US $89.99 [0 bids]
V/A British Gold Vinyl LP K-Tel NE511 Who Hendrix Faces T-Rex Free Move Kinks US $1.60 [0 bids]
? Mary Wells - Vintage Stock (Motown 653) ("Two Lovers", "My Guy", "1 Who) Mono US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h
tUnE-yArDs "As Yoko" NEW 10" Edition of 1,000 (yoko ono lp chimera who kill) US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h
Petula Clark LP 1967 Color my World / Who am I Stereo VG ++ US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h
The Who Odds and Sods Black 12x12 Metal Framed Album Cover US $8.99 [0 bids]
2h

More places to buy THE WHO music online Buy THE WHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WHO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WHO Odds & Sods ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(33%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(43%)

THE WHO Odds & Sods reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars 3.5 stars really!!!

As its title indicates, this is a bit of bottom-of-drawers release, one that was thrown together when Daltrey was busy playing in Tommy (the movie), when Townsend and Entwistle toyed around the studios for the group or their solo career (I seem to remember both putting out a solo albums around this year), but unfortunately where Moon was left on its own and went on lengthy binges that would eventually destroy him four years later. Presented with an ugly shot of the group sporting American Football helmets, this collection was assembled from tracks that were leftover from 68 & 69 and others remaining from their monstrous project: Lifehouse and Quadrophenia or unrelated but still written in those years.

Opening on the brass-laden (courtesy of Entwistle) Postcard, while Farmer is an outstanding track with amazing Moon drumming, both from the 60's, O&S is an entertaining album that proposes over half of its tracks from that decade. Indeed Little Billy seems like it could've been another hit (read the story in the booklet) and Glow Girl (a cousin to Glittering Girl) then Faith In Something Bigger are intermediate track from the two years of silence between Sell Out and Tommy. A real surprise is the '64 cover of I'm The Face, which could be a Stone track of the times: while it sticks out a bit, it's lovely to hear it once in a while.

The 70's track include the interesting Put The Money Down (Daltrey lays some classic yells), while Pete yells out to Moonie that Too Much Of Anything , like Pure And Easy (probably the most Lynyrd-ish Who track in its middle section) , both originally for the Lifehouse and left away from Who's Next make a big positive argument for the album. Also from the 60's, but really sounding like Tommy ('69, thus sounding much more 70's >> hence why I discuss it in this paragraph) is the excellent Naked Eye, probably the best track (and proggiest) of the present album. The closing Long Live Rock is linked to Quadrophenia, which in itself is a compliment.

After the other compilation of MBB&B (regrouping for the first time many hits that had not been available other than in singles), in some ways this recognized "unreleased track compilation" will resemble much the official following studio release the tedious By Numbers and in some ways the excellent Who Are You, by mixing songs from years gone by. Personally (and since I tend to treat this compilation as a real album) I prefer O&S to BN, because the choice of tracks is simply superior to the next release

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#239474) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars I had this album back in 1975, a friend dropped it at my house with Carly Simon´s Hotcakes and Supertramp´s Crime Of The Century. For a pennyless teenage student it was pure gold! I heard those Lps so much I must have wore tham out! The Who´s Odds & Sodds was not a compilation album as much, but really a collection of unrelased songs they recorded over the years before. And I must say I was astonished by the level of quality those otherwise "rejected" songs had. It´s ok that the track order was not one of the best since John Entwistle´s Postcard and Townshend´s Now I´m A Farmer are probably the weakest tunes here and certainly not the ones I´d choose for opening the CD. However, they are not bad songs at all. In fact, I like them both. But they are inferior to the remaining sutff.

And, boy, do they have strong ones here! Pure And Easy is the highlight of Odds & Sods: probably one of The Who´s best tracks ever, it is a crime that they had drop it from the Who´s Next LP (it seems that the new remastered edition corrected this fault by including it as a bonus track). With a beautiful melody line and lyrics, one of Townshend´s most emotional solos and a stunning perfomance by the other members, this is probably the most underrated song this legendary group has ever recorded. Little Billy is another great tune that could have been a huge hit if it was released as a single (oddly, it was said to be music for an ad against students smoking in school). The late Keith Moon did a great job on this one.

Naked Eye, Long Live Rock and Too Much Of Anything are other fine rock tracks, while Glow Girl was a song that originated the whole Tommy idea (just listen to the final lines: It´s a girl, mrs. Walker... it´s a girl...). The only real odd number here is the group´s first ever single (when they were known - or rather unkown - as The High Numbers) I´m the Face. It´s a bit out of place here and if they wanted to included it as a collector´s item, then they should have also put its flip side, Zoot Suit, as well.

Odds & Sods reflects a time when the band was at its peak. So don´t be fooled by the ugly cover. If you´re a fan of the band, this is a must have. I really wish that other bands would have such quality material among they ´rejected´ tracks!

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#458595) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 09, 2011

Post a review of THE WHO "Odds & Sods"