ODDS & SODS

The Who Odds & Sods album cover

Buy THE WHO Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1974

Side one

1. Postcard (John Entwistle) (3:27)
2. Now I'm a Farmer (3:59)
3. Put the Money Down (4:14)
4. Little Billy (2:15)
5. Too Much of Anything (4:26)
6. Glow Girl (2:20)

Side two

7. Pure and Easy (5:23)
8. Faith in Something Bigger (3:03)
9. I'm the Face (Peter Meaden) (2:32)
10. Naked Eye (5:10)
11. Long Live Rock (3:54)

Search THE WHO Odds & Sods lyrics

Search THE WHO Odds & Sods tabs

- Roger Daltrey / vocals, harmonica
- John Entwistle / bass guitar, brass, vocals
- Pete Townshend / guitars, keyboards, vocals
- Keith Moon / drums, percussion

LP (1974)

CD (1998, remastered w/ bonus tracks)

Thanks to progrocker2244 for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE WHO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WHO Odds & Sods Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Live at LeedsLive at Leeds
Remastered · Extra tracks
Mca 1995
The Who / The Kids are Alright, MCA2-11005 1979 2lp's US $14.99 [0 bids]
30m 20s
UB40 - WHO YOU FIGHTING FOR? [CD] [1 DISC] [094633100824] - NEW CD US $15.98 Buy It Now 30m 41s
THE WHO - WHO ARE YOU - MCA 3050 US $6.99 [0 bids]
31m 27s
THE WHO - LIVE AT LEEDS - DECCA DL 79175 US $6.99 [0 bids]
31m 27s
Dionne Warwick : Presenting../Anyone Who Had a Heart CD (2000) US $7.41 Buy It Now 31m 28s
error ROGER DALTRY * DALTREY 45 Walking In My Sleep * UNPLAYED * DJ PROMO * WHO US $8.00 Buy It Now 31m 39s
THE WHO - Meaty Beauty Big and Bouncy - 1985 - CD - MCABD-37001 - Made in Canada US $9.89 [0 bids]
31m 40s
ROGER DALTREY Best Bits LP OOP early-80's rock The Who US $2.99 Buy It Now 32m 19s
The Who - Who's Next (Vintage vinyl LP/MCA 3024) Sealed/New/NOS US $25.00 [0 bids]
33m 7s
TEXAS IS THE REASON "DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE COMPLETE COLLECTION" 2 x LP, ORANGE US $19.99 [0 bids]
33m 21s
The Guess Who-These Eyes w/jukebox strip(Scarce reissue red label RCA)orig strip US $3.00 [0 bids]
34m 34s
Deep Purple - Who Do We Think We Are (24K Gold/ Audio Fidelity/Steve Hoffman)OOP US $25.00 [0 bids]
34m 42s
STAY TUNED VARIOUS ARTISTS *** CD *** zoe badwi freefallin . ke$ha we r who we r US $12.18 Buy It Now 35m 4s
BIG A - WHO THAT BE? [PA] * - NEW CD US $10.19 Buy It Now 35m 29s
THE WILBURN BROTHERS -WHO COULD ASK FOR MORE / SIGNS ARE EVERYWHER - EXC + SLV US $3.80 [0 bids]
36m 13s
Instant Funk - Who Took Away the Funk 45 Salsoul promo - Tom Moulton mix US $4.00 Buy It Now 36m 34s
Kaufman's Serenaders - VICT 19638 - Who Takes Care Of The Caretaker's Daughter US $20.00 Buy It Now 36m 47s
Who's Greatest Hits by The Who (CD, Apr-1988, MCA (USA)) - VG US $4.00 Buy It Now 36m 56s
The Four Seasons Who Loves You? Nice Vinyl I combine for .50 additional US $3.95 Buy It Now 37m 27s
THE WHO "HOOLIGANS" PROMO LP VINYL MCA2-12001 US $0.99 [0 bids]
38m 54s
BUSTED - Who's David (UK 2 Track CD Single Part 1) US $4.14 Buy It Now 39m 12s
(AV730) The Kinison, You'll Never Guess Who Died- DJ CD US $4.57 Buy It Now 39m 41s
FUSION JAZZ Promo LP JOHN SCOFIELD WHO'S WHO US $24.99 Buy It Now 40m 58s
BAHA MEN WHO LET THE DOGS OUT CD BRAND NEW ITEM FACTORY SEALED US $7.95 Buy It Now 41m 8s
*RARE* Frankie Lymon & Teenagers - Who Can Explain?/I Promise To Remember (1956) US $4.99 [0 bids]
42m
REJECTS, THE - Love Songs For People Who Hate - New Glam CD US $19.99 [0 bids]
42m 10s
MEGADETH - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? +4 BONUS CD US $16.18 [0 bids]
42m 10s
WHITNEY HOUSTON-b-(45)-I'M EVERY WOMAN / WHO DO YOU LOVE -ARISTA - 12519 - 1990 US $9.99 Buy It Now 42m 15s
THE WHO "FACE DANCES" MUSIC CASSETTE TAPE ROCK EX! US $3.69 Buy It Now 42m 32s
ARETHA FRANKLIN WHO'S ZOOMIN' WHO? SEALED LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 42m 44s
HANK SNOW - MAN WHO ROBBED THE BANK AT SANTA FE - UNPLAYED + ORIGINAL SLV US $3.80 [0 bids]
43m 21s
Marvin Hamlisch - James Bond The Spy Who Loved Me Soundtrack Carly Simon NEW US $5.99 [1 bids]
43m 28s
Kitty Wells-It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels New Reissue 45 w/jukebox US $5.00 [0 bids]
46m 7s
The Who-Pinball Wizard +Dog pt 2 Jukebox strip for Oldies but Goodies MCA 60174 US $3.00 [0 bids]
46m 8s
Prof Gooseberry's Who Wants Arthur Amanda Graham CD-ROM US $7.99 Buy It Now 47m 49s
DEEP PURPLE - Who Do We Think We Are - 24 kt Gold CD - AFZ027 - AUDIO FIDELITY US $47.51 [0 bids]
49m 39s
MARY WELLS - THE ONE WHO REALLY LOVES YOU /I'M GONNA STAY - MOTOWN H-1148 1962 US $14.99 [0 bids]
49m 49s
DIONNE WARWICK - ANYONE WHO HAD A HEART / THE LOVE OF A BOY - SCEPTER 1262 1963 US $14.99 [0 bids]
49m 49s
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL WHO'LL STOP THE RAIN/TRAVELIN' BAND 45 VINYL US $0.90 [0 bids]
50m 1s
MADONNA Who's That Girl White Heat UK 45 W/PICTURE SLEEVE NR! US $1.99 [0 bids]
50m 3s
The Who It's Hard '82 Vinyl,Lp,12" record,Album *Townshend,Fairweather, US $2.00 [0 bids]
50m 33s
JERRY DAYTON - LOVING YOU // WHO'S WRONG - MINT- ASCOT PROMO US $3.80 [0 bids]
50m 43s
Pioneers Who Got Scalped: The Anthology by Devo (CD, May-2000, 2 Discs, Rhino... US $10.99 [1 bids]
51m 1s
Ye Olde English TOMMY A Rock Steady Opera CD VERY RARE SKA MOGOLD PROMO THE WHO US $9.99 [1 bids]
51m 49s
DEEP PURPLE - Who Do We Think We Are - 24k Gold CD - AFZ 027 - AUDIO FIDELITY US $55.26 [0 bids]
52m 15s
Who Needs Pictures by Brad Paisley (CD, Jun-1999, Arista) US $3.00 Buy It Now 52m 19s
Pete Townshend cassette tape "The Iron Man", sealed, NEW, mint, The Who US $3.25 [0 bids]
52m 43s
Johnnie Ray "Who's Sorry Now!" US $3.00 [0 bids]
53m
THE MIRACLES - SHOP AROUND / WHO'S LOVIN YOU - TAMLA T 54034 1960 45 RPM US $9.99 [0 bids]
56m 39s
HOWLIN' WOLF - "Who Will Be Next" - "I have A Little Girl" - Chess 1593 45 US $47.00 Buy It Now 57m 37s
THE WHO - Greatest Hits Live (2 CD Set) US $16.00 [0 bids]
58m 33s
THE WHO LP LIVE AT LEEDS US $9.99 Buy It Now 59m 28s
THOSE WHO LIE BENEAT - AN AWAKENING [THOSE WHO LIE BENEATH] - NEW CD US $11.31 Buy It Now 59m 41s
Who Framed Roger Rabbit-1998-Orig Movie Soundtrack- CD US $27.98 Buy It Now 1h
Scorpion [PA] by Eve (CD, Mar-2001, Interscope (USA)) "Who's That Girl" "Cowboy" US $7.99 [0 bids]
1h
THE FOUR SEASONS - WHO LOVES YOU LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
1h
DION, Lovers Who Wander SIGNED MONO [Laurie] USA 1st pressing LP US $4.99 [1 bids]
Who's Next by The Who (CD, Dec-1984, MCA (USA)) US $5.50 [0 bids]
Amnesty "Everybody Who Wants To Be Free" Indianapolis Funk Soul NEAR MINT '72 RE US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
The Pooh Sticks "Who Loves You"/"The World is Turning On" -90s indie pop pink vi US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Madonna Who's That Girl CD Album in Very Good Condition US $7.43 [0 bids]
ROCKABILLY REPRO: COMMONWEALTH JONES (RONNIE DAWSON) - Do Do Do/Who's Been Here US $10.95 Buy It Now 1h 9m
This Is Who I Am - Kelly Price New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $13.26 Buy It Now 1h 9m
The Who - Who By Numbers (MCA) Classic Records 150G audiophile US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Johnny Casino & The Secrets CD I Am Who I Am Asteroid B-612 US $18.68 Buy It Now 1h 12m
ORIOLE 1038-FRED RICH /BILLY JAMES -TOGETHER WE TWO /WHO'S GOT THE BLUES - E US $7.99 [0 bids]
Barbara Anne SELLMAN:Wasted Time/Who'll Stop the Rain.Sunshine Records Winnipeg US $5.75 [0 bids]
MEN AT WORK / WHO CAN IT BE NOW! JAPAN 7"single 075P-196 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
THE GUESS WHO-THE BEST OF-LP/Vinyl/Record US $0.99 [1 bids]
Who We Are by Lifehouse (CD, Jun-2007, Geffen) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Club Royal Orchestra -- VICTOR 18919 - Who'll Take My Place & Georgette US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
10 CD lot classic rock The Who Rush Huey Lewis Ozzy, brand new Lynyrd Skynyrd + US $20.20 [17 bids]
UNTOUCHABLE - WHO'S HOT - NEW CD US $13.56 Buy It Now 1h 25m
DAVID BOWIE "THE MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD" ~ MERCURY ~ NEW SEALED US $60.00 [1 bids]
ROCKABILLY REPRO: BARBARA PITMAN-I Need A Man/No Matter Who SUN - MEMPHIS ROCKER US $10.95 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Cecil Brooks III cd For Those Who Love to Groove US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Lot 20+ Vinyl Records, The Rods Eat Metal Who Ratt Cellar Kiss Kick Axe, 45's US $29.95 [0 bids]
Alice DeeJay--Who Need Guitars Anyway -- CD w/14 Trks US $2.99 [0 bids]
THE GUESS WHO 7" vinyl single SOUR SUITE b/w LIFE IN THE BLOODSTREAM US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Quadrophenia The Who Film Soundtrack Sealed Cassette Original Polydor 1979 US $19.99 [0 bids]
THE SENTI-MENTALS - WHO KNOWS, WHO CARES? - NEW CD US $13.23 Buy It Now 1h 35m
45 EL DEBARGE "WHO' JOHNNY - SHORT CIRCUIT THEME" GORDY 1842 US $4.04 Buy It Now 1h 36m
45 EL DeBARGE "WHO'S JOHNNY (SHORT CIRCUIT THEME)" GORDY 1842 GF US $4.49 Buy It Now 1h 36m
"MUSIC FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T SLEEP" RICHARD HAYMAN MERCURY CHEESCAKE LP US $4.99 [0 bids]
JOHN ENTWISTLE WHISTLE RYMES 1972 NM VINYL LP TRACK THE WHO SOLO LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
45 ELTON JOHN "WHO WEARS THESE SHOES" W/ PICTURE SLEEVE US $3.60 Buy It Now 1h 37m
45 ARETHA FRANKLIN "WHO'S ZOOMIN WHO" W/ PICTURE SLEEVE US $3.60 Buy It Now 1h 37m
45 ELTON JOHN "WRAP HER UP / THE MAN WHO NEVER DIED" W/ PS US $3.60 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Maurice Weiss 45 Finer Arts 2018 Blow The Shofar Blow/He Who Knows E+ Condition US $14.50 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Vinyl LP The WHO It's Hard single album WB Records 23731-1 1982 VG+ US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 41m
INTEGRITY 'THOSE WHO FEAR TOMORROW' LP , BLUE VINYL US $25.99 [0 bids]
TERRY GANZIE -GIRLS ROCK /DONT POSE /COOLING OUT /WHO DAT / TEAM UP /HOLD ME /90 US $2.98 [0 bids]
A DAY TO REMEMBER FOR THOSE WHO HAVE HEART WHITE VINYL US $64.99 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Madonna "Who's That Girl" OST LP OOP Sealed Scritti Politti US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
RENEE GEYER I'm The Woman Who Loves You OZ CD single 1 Track PROMO US $9.29 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Californian Ramblers - VOCALION 14329 - My Honey's Lovin' Arms & Who US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 47m
The Greatest of the Guess Who by The Guess Who (CD, Oct-1990, RCA) US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 48m
ELTON JOHN The Who ROD STEWART Joe Cocker PETER FRAMPTON Squeeze PROMO US $1.95 [0 bids]
WHO (THE) : ENDLESS WIRE ( 2 CD, 2006)rock US $3.25 Buy It Now 1h 50m
KEVON EDMONDS - WHO KNEW NEW CD US $24.27 Buy It Now 1h 50m

More places to buy THE WHO music online Buy THE WHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WHO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WHO Odds & Sods ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(30%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(45%)

THE WHO Odds & Sods reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars 3.5 stars really!!!

As its title indicates, this is a bit of bottom-of-drawers release, one that was thrown together when Daltrey was busy playing in Tommy (the movie), when Townsend and Entwistle toyed around the studios for the group or their solo career (I seem to remember both putting out a solo albums around this year), but unfortunately where Moon was left on its own and went on lengthy binges that would eventually destroy him four years later. Presented with an ugly shot of the group sporting American Football helmets, this collection was assembled from tracks that were leftover from 68 & 69 and others remaining from their monstrous project: Lifehouse and Quadrophenia or unrelated but still written in those years.

Opening on the brass-laden (courtesy of Entwistle) Postcard, while Farmer is an outstanding track with amazing Moon drumming, both from the 60's, O&S is an entertaining album that proposes over half of its tracks from that decade. Indeed Little Billy seems like it could've been another hit (read the story in the booklet) and Glow Girl (a cousin to Glittering Girl) then Faith In Something Bigger are intermediate track from the two years of silence between Sell Out and Tommy. A real surprise is the '64 cover of I'm The Face, which could be a Stone track of the times: while it sticks out a bit, it's lovely to hear it once in a while.

The 70's track include the interesting Put The Money Down (Daltrey lays some classic yells), while Pete yells out to Moonie that Too Much Of Anything , like Pure And Easy (probably the most Lynyrd-ish Who track in its middle section) , both originally for the Lifehouse and left away from Who's Next make a big positive argument for the album. Also from the 60's, but really sounding like Tommy ('69, thus sounding much more 70's >> hence why I discuss it in this paragraph) is the excellent Naked Eye, probably the best track (and proggiest) of the present album. The closing Long Live Rock is linked to Quadrophenia, which in itself is a compliment.

After the other compilation of MBB&B (regrouping for the first time many hits that had not been available other than in singles), in some ways this recognized "unreleased track compilation" will resemble much the official following studio release the tedious By Numbers and in some ways the excellent Who Are You, by mixing songs from years gone by. Personally (and since I tend to treat this compilation as a real album) I prefer O&S to BN, because the choice of tracks is simply superior to the next release

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#239474) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars I had this album back in 1975, a friend dropped it at my house with Carly Simon´s Hotcakes and Supertramp´s Crime Of The Century. For a pennyless teenage student it was pure gold! I heard those Lps so much I must have wore tham out! The Who´s Odds & Sodds was not a compilation album as much, but really a collection of unrelased songs they recorded over the years before. And I must say I was astonished by the level of quality those otherwise "rejected" songs had. It´s ok that the track order was not one of the best since John Entwistle´s Postcard and Townshend´s Now I´m A Farmer are probably the weakest tunes here and certainly not the ones I´d choose for opening the CD. However, they are not bad songs at all. In fact, I like them both. But they are inferior to the remaining sutff.

And, boy, do they have strong ones here! Pure And Easy is the highlight of Odds & Sods: probably one of The Who´s best tracks ever, it is a crime that they had drop it from the Who´s Next LP (it seems that the new remastered edition corrected this fault by including it as a bonus track). With a beautiful melody line and lyrics, one of Townshend´s most emotional solos and a stunning perfomance by the other members, this is probably the most underrated song this legendary group has ever recorded. Little Billy is another great tune that could have been a huge hit if it was released as a single (oddly, it was said to be music for an ad against students smoking in school). The late Keith Moon did a great job on this one.

Naked Eye, Long Live Rock and Too Much Of Anything are other fine rock tracks, while Glow Girl was a song that originated the whole Tommy idea (just listen to the final lines: It´s a girl, mrs. Walker... it´s a girl...). The only real odd number here is the group´s first ever single (when they were known - or rather unkown - as The High Numbers) I´m the Face. It´s a bit out of place here and if they wanted to included it as a collector´s item, then they should have also put its flip side, Zoot Suit, as well.

Odds & Sods reflects a time when the band was at its peak. So don´t be fooled by the ugly cover. If you´re a fan of the band, this is a must have. I really wish that other bands would have such quality material among they ´rejected´ tracks!

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#458595) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 09, 2011

Post a review of THE WHO "Odds & Sods"