ODDS & SODS

The Who Odds & Sods album cover

Buy THE WHO Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1974

Side one

1. Postcard (John Entwistle) (3:27)
2. Now I'm a Farmer (3:59)
3. Put the Money Down (4:14)
4. Little Billy (2:15)
5. Too Much of Anything (4:26)
6. Glow Girl (2:20)

Side two

7. Pure and Easy (5:23)
8. Faith in Something Bigger (3:03)
9. I'm the Face (Peter Meaden) (2:32)
10. Naked Eye (5:10)
11. Long Live Rock (3:54)

Search THE WHO Odds & Sods lyrics

Search THE WHO Odds & Sods tabs

- Roger Daltrey / vocals, harmonica
- John Entwistle / bass guitar, brass, vocals
- Pete Townshend / guitars, keyboards, vocals
- Keith Moon / drums, percussion

LP (1974)

CD (1998, remastered w/ bonus tracks)

Thanks to progrocker2244 for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE WHO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WHO Odds & Sods Music

Who Are YouWho Are You
Extra tracks · Remastered
Mca 1996
Who - Tommy CD UMGD/MCA US $14.46 Buy It Now 29m 41s
MIKA - BOY WHO KNEW TOO MUCH NEW CD US $15.57 Buy It Now 30m 22s
Korn - Korn Iii-Remember Who You Are CD 016861775735 US $20.52 Buy It Now 30m 34s
Korn - Korn Iii-Remember Who You Are CD US $21.20 Buy It Now 30m 38s
Keke Wyatt - Who Knew CD US $19.85 Buy It Now 30m 38s
Korn - Korn Iii-Remember Who You Are CD WEA/ROADRUNNER US $14.69 Buy It Now 30m 49s
Who's next NAUTILUS SUPERIMPORT JAPAN MINT US $44.99 [0 bids]
34m 41s
Jill Scott - Who Is Jill Scott? CD US $16.18 Buy It Now 35m 19s
Tony Bennett - Who Can I Iturn To CD US $10.44 Buy It Now 35m 24s
Various Artists - Man Who Cried CD US $13.59 Buy It Now 35m 25s
THE WHO TOMMY / GRAMMOPHON 2LP WITH OBI US $99.99 Buy It Now 35m 32s
THE WHO BY NUMBERS / WITH OBI AND POSTER US $99.99 Buy It Now 36m 5s
Those Who Bring The Torture - Tank Gasmask Ammo CD MEGA FORCE US $13.28 Buy It Now 36m 18s
Cold World - Dedicated To Babies Who Came Feet First CD US $13.19 Buy It Now 36m 20s
Who - Sings My Generation CD US $12.59 Buy It Now 37m 48s
Fireflight - For Those Who Wait CD US $13.03 Buy It Now 38m 14s
Replacements - DonT You Know Who I Think I Was?: Best CD US $14.20 Buy It Now 38m 22s
Red - Who We Are: The Red Anthology CD US $18.59 Buy It Now 38m 28s
Tony Bennett - Who Can I Turn To CD US $10.01 Buy It Now 38m 29s
Guess Who - Greatest Hits CD RCA US $11.81 Buy It Now 38m 31s
Classical Music - For People Who Hate Classical CD US $12.02 Buy It Now 38m 34s
Dennis & 4th Street Orchestra Bovell - Ah Who Seh Go Deh?/Leggo! Ah-Fi-We-Dis CD US $13.85 Buy It Now 40m
XTC - I'm The Man Who Murdered Love TVT USA 3262-2P US $8.00 [0 bids]
40m 32s
PROMO WHITE LABEL / THE WHO IT'S HARD US $59.99 Buy It Now 41m 32s
Madonna - 'Who's That Girl' soundtrack Sire LP. Ex! US $8.47 Buy It Now 44m 5s
The Who - My Generation - Super Audio CD SACD 30 Tracks US $44.99 Buy It Now 44m 44s
Roger Daltrey - McVICAR LP OST The Who Israeli press US $18.00 Buy It Now 44m 44s
Barney Google & Who's Sorry now by Kelly West. Grey Gull Records . 10". 78RPM US $7.77 Buy It Now 45m 4s
Who, The - Who Are You LP US $14.00 Buy It Now 46m 13s
Who Killed the Zutons CD - Free Postage & Packaging! US $3.31 Buy It Now 47m 46s
GENE KELLY "The King Who Couldn't Dance" (from "Anchors Aweigh") 78rpm 10" VG+ US $12.14 Buy It Now 48m 27s
Stranglers Who wants the world 7" BPX355 VG/EX UK US $12.12 Buy It Now 50m 38s
DR. WHO: Collector's Edition 2 Record Set (BBC 2LP-22001) (BBC-1979) VG/VG US $25.00 Buy It Now 53m 47s
John Entwistle WHO "Too Late/Hero" vinyl LP NEW/SEALED US $18.95 Buy It Now 55m 37s
WOODSTOCK 5 LP BOX SET AUDIOPHILE 180 GRAM SANTANA THE WHO HENDRIX COCKER BAEZ US $94.99 Buy It Now 58m 8s
U2 RARE BRAZILIAN CD SINGLE WHO'S GONA RIDE (...) - FREE STANDARD SHIPPING US $75.00 [0 bids]
58m 18s
Jeffrey Lewis - It S The Ones Who Ve Cracked That T CD US $24.46 Buy It Now 59m 36s
Impulse Manslaughter - Logical End/He Who Laughs Last Laughs Alone CD US $18.18 Buy It Now 1h
Meaty, Beaty, Big & Bouncy -The Who (Cassette 1987) US $3.50 Buy It Now 1h
Nikki Sudden - Boy From Nowhere Who Fell Out Of The Sky CD US $58.52 Buy It Now 1h
BARRY MANN - WHO PUT THE BOMP 7" VINYL US $10.17 Buy It Now 1h
Dark Dark Dark - Who Needs Who CD MELODIC US $21.82 Buy It Now 1h
Jessica Andrews - Who I Am CD US $14.46 Buy It Now 1h
THE WHO Meaty Beaty Big And Bouncy gatefold DECCA Lp US $10.56 Buy It Now 1h
Who - Who Sell Out CD US $32.05 Buy It Now 1h
TOMMY The Movie - THE WHO - Rare 1975 UK 28-page Official Movie Programme US $59.39 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Dispatch - Who Are We Living For? CD US $14.74 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Lifehouse - Who We Are CD US $14.46 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Dala - Who Do You Think You Are CD UNIVERSAL US $25.63 Buy It Now 1h 2m
WHO Live at Leeds Japan Early Press LP BLUE OBI INNER-BAG EX+ US $24.00 [0 bids]
Jessie J - Who You Are CD UMGD/POLYDOR US $14.46 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Who's Better, Who's Best by The Who (CD) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Stephen Ng - Diary Of One Who Vanished CD US $20.19 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Bo Diddley - Who Do You Love CD SNAPPER (UK) US $13.28 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Who - Live At Hull CD US $31.00 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Of Montreal - Bird Who Continues To Eat The Rabbits Flower CD US $13.06 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Jessie J - Who You Are: Platinum Edition CD ISLAND US $19.11 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Lucky Bastardz - Hated For Who We Are CD SWEDMETAL RECORDS US $16.37 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Portastatic - Who Loves The Sun CD US $15.02 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Baha Men-Who Let The Dogs Out (CD) US $6.25 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Karen Sokolof Javitch - Who Knows One? (Fun Songs For Jewish Kids US $13.42 Buy It Now 1h 7m
HORSLIPS The Man Who Built America Lp US $5.26 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Who Join together 7" 2094 102 /EX UK US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Who My generation 7" 5944 /VG UK US $25.19 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Who Squeeze box 7" 2121 275 /EX UK US $10.25 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Who Who are you / Had enough 7" WHO1 VG/EX UK US $12.12 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Who You better you bet 7" WHO004 EX/EX UK US $12.12 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Dark Dark Dark - Who Needs Who CD SUPPLY & DEMAND MUSIC US $18.20 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Khan - Who Never Rests CD US $18.12 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Vollmar - 13 Or So People Who Need Chances CD US $16.88 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Robby Moncrieff - Who Do You Think You ArnT CD US $13.31 Buy It Now 1h 9m
These Are They - Who Linger CD US $13.06 Buy It Now 1h 10m
World (Of Dreams) - Who Is Yahdoosh CD US $16.68 Buy It Now 1h 10m
SPENCER DICKINSON / JON SPENCER - MAN WHO LIVES FOR LOVE NEW CD US $20.20 Buy It Now 1h 10m
BO DIDDLEY - WHO DO YOU LOVE NEW CD US $15.20 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Hooligans by The Who (Cassette) US $4.25 Buy It Now 1h 11m
THE WHO Sell Out CD BRAND NEW Bonus Tracks US $11.76 Buy It Now 1h 12m
David Bowie - Man Who Sold The World CD US $16.30 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Various Artists - Spy Who Loved Me CD US $14.97 Buy It Now 1h 12m
My Generation - The Very Best of The Who US $7.91 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Doctor Who: Series 3 US $10.80 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Doctor Who: Series 3 US $15.45 Buy It Now 1h 13m
PETE TOWNSEND Who Came First LP - 1972 Orig. U.S. Pressing TRACK US $16.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Low Frequency In Stereo - Travelling Ants Who Got Eaten By Moskus CD US $17.41 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Arnold Dreyblatt - Whos Who In Central Europe 1933 CD US $18.20 Buy It Now 1h 13m
FIREFLIGHT - For Those Who Wait - Christian Music CCM - Rock Metal CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
SKY HARBOR - Who Would Have Guessed - Christian Music CCM - Rock Punk CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Dr. John - Who Was Mac Rebennack? CD US $14.61 Buy It Now 1h 14m

More places to buy THE WHO music online Buy THE WHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WHO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WHO Odds & Sods ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(30%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(45%)

THE WHO Odds & Sods reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars 3.5 stars really!!!

As its title indicates, this is a bit of bottom-of-drawers release, one that was thrown together when Daltrey was busy playing in Tommy (the movie), when Townsend and Entwistle toyed around the studios for the group or their solo career (I seem to remember both putting out a solo albums around this year), but unfortunately where Moon was left on its own and went on lengthy binges that would eventually destroy him four years later. Presented with an ugly shot of the group sporting American Football helmets, this collection was assembled from tracks that were leftover from 68 & 69 and others remaining from their monstrous project: Lifehouse and Quadrophenia or unrelated but still written in those years.

Opening on the brass-laden (courtesy of Entwistle) Postcard, while Farmer is an outstanding track with amazing Moon drumming, both from the 60's, O&S is an entertaining album that proposes over half of its tracks from that decade. Indeed Little Billy seems like it could've been another hit (read the story in the booklet) and Glow Girl (a cousin to Glittering Girl) then Faith In Something Bigger are intermediate track from the two years of silence between Sell Out and Tommy. A real surprise is the '64 cover of I'm The Face, which could be a Stone track of the times: while it sticks out a bit, it's lovely to hear it once in a while.

The 70's track include the interesting Put The Money Down (Daltrey lays some classic yells), while Pete yells out to Moonie that Too Much Of Anything , like Pure And Easy (probably the most Lynyrd-ish Who track in its middle section) , both originally for the Lifehouse and left away from Who's Next make a big positive argument for the album. Also from the 60's, but really sounding like Tommy ('69, thus sounding much more 70's >> hence why I discuss it in this paragraph) is the excellent Naked Eye, probably the best track (and proggiest) of the present album. The closing Long Live Rock is linked to Quadrophenia, which in itself is a compliment.

After the other compilation of MBB&B (regrouping for the first time many hits that had not been available other than in singles), in some ways this recognized "unreleased track compilation" will resemble much the official following studio release the tedious By Numbers and in some ways the excellent Who Are You, by mixing songs from years gone by. Personally (and since I tend to treat this compilation as a real album) I prefer O&S to BN, because the choice of tracks is simply superior to the next release

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#239474) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars I had this album back in 1975, a friend dropped it at my house with Carly Simon´s Hotcakes and Supertramp´s Crime Of The Century. For a pennyless teenage student it was pure gold! I heard those Lps so much I must have wore tham out! The Who´s Odds & Sodds was not a compilation album as much, but really a collection of unrelased songs they recorded over the years before. And I must say I was astonished by the level of quality those otherwise "rejected" songs had. It´s ok that the track order was not one of the best since John Entwistle´s Postcard and Townshend´s Now I´m A Farmer are probably the weakest tunes here and certainly not the ones I´d choose for opening the CD. However, they are not bad songs at all. In fact, I like them both. But they are inferior to the remaining sutff.

And, boy, do they have strong ones here! Pure And Easy is the highlight of Odds & Sods: probably one of The Who´s best tracks ever, it is a crime that they had drop it from the Who´s Next LP (it seems that the new remastered edition corrected this fault by including it as a bonus track). With a beautiful melody line and lyrics, one of Townshend´s most emotional solos and a stunning perfomance by the other members, this is probably the most underrated song this legendary group has ever recorded. Little Billy is another great tune that could have been a huge hit if it was released as a single (oddly, it was said to be music for an ad against students smoking in school). The late Keith Moon did a great job on this one.

Naked Eye, Long Live Rock and Too Much Of Anything are other fine rock tracks, while Glow Girl was a song that originated the whole Tommy idea (just listen to the final lines: It´s a girl, mrs. Walker... it´s a girl...). The only real odd number here is the group´s first ever single (when they were known - or rather unkown - as The High Numbers) I´m the Face. It´s a bit out of place here and if they wanted to included it as a collector´s item, then they should have also put its flip side, Zoot Suit, as well.

Odds & Sods reflects a time when the band was at its peak. So don´t be fooled by the ugly cover. If you´re a fan of the band, this is a must have. I really wish that other bands would have such quality material among they ´rejected´ tracks!

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#458595) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 09, 2011

Post a review of THE WHO "Odds & Sods"