DEPARTURE

1. God is Dead (3:25)
2. Departure (4:19)
3. Killing Me (3:44)
4. Car Crash (4:41)
5. Fighting For Freedom (6:12)
6. Burn Part 1 (3:39)
7. Burn Part 2 (3:16)
8. Safe (5:07)
9. Standback Part 1 (3:54)
10.Standback Part 2 (2:26)
11.Disappear (5:59)

DISC 2 - DVD

1. Killing Me Video (3:44)
2. Live At Algoma University (27:59)
3. ITStory Documentary (26:21)
4. Bonus Tracks: Trauma EP

Rob Archibald - Keyboards
James Dunn - Bass Guitar
Alex Inglis - Drums

Guest Musicians:

Craig West - Bass on "God Is Dead", end guitar solo on "Fighting For Freedom"
Andy Jackson - Guitar solo on "God Is Dead" and "Disappear"
Matt Connors - Preacher on "God Is Dead"
Ben Piner - Drums on "Departure", "Burn", "Safe"
Gavin Lambert - Bass on "Fighting For Freedom"
Al Wood - Harmonica on "Fighting For Freedom"
Lindsay Pugh - Pedal Stell on "Burn"
Rupert Greenall - Banjo on "Burn"
Ed Young - Percussion on "Standback"

Backing Vocals by: Reyhan Yusuf, Shernette May, Craig West, Ed Young, Ryan Brunton, Desmond Lambert, Rupert and William Greenall, and Cy Curnin.

Trauma EP Musicians:

Nick Jackson - Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards
Craig West - Bass, Guitar, Lead Vocals on "Time and Place" and "Taking On Sand"
Rupert Greenall - Keyboards
Andy Jackson - Bass and Guitar
Ed Young - Drums
Andy Rowberry - Guitars
Rob Archibald - Keyboards
Bryan Belleau - Guitar on "Underfire"

Sonic Vista Music
SVRCD010

Thanks to The Doctor for the addition
and to The Doctor for the last updates

IT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IT Departure Music

BAMBU - I DON'T WANNA LOSE IT / JORGES THEME - 12" DISCO SINGLE US $9.99 [0 bids]
29m 45s
45 RPM RECORD / BARRY MANILOW / COULD IT BE MAGIC / NM / 1975 / NICE COPY US $2.50 Buy It Now 29m 46s
Angelica Time is All it Takes CD  US $8.99 Buy It Now 30m 3s
MASH Believe It CD 2 Tracks Inc All I Want US $5.52 Buy It Now 30m 7s
MASH Wish This World CD 2 Tracks Inc Feel It US $5.52 Buy It Now 30m 11s
DAVY JONES it ani't me baby MEXICO 4-trk 7" EP GAMMA mexican unique P/S rare US $12.74 Buy It Now 30m 28s
Johnny Mathis Mint Vinyl 45w/Pic. slv.(1962)-That's The Way It Is/I'll Never Be US $6.00 Buy It Now 30m 34s
BY ALL MEANS - Let's Get It On - 45rpm record US $2.00 Buy It Now 30m 47s
MCALMONT & BUTLER Bring It Back CD 3 Tracks, Orig/Extended Version/Zoom, Cd2 US $5.52 Buy It Now 31m 8s
The Morning Of - World As We Know It CD New US $23.75 Buy It Now 31m 9s
ERIC CARMEN - I Wanna Hear It From Your Lips- 45rpm record US $2.00 Buy It Now 31m 25s
The Imperials Believe It With Warranty US $0.99 [0 bids]
31m 28s
It's a Crazy World by Steve Wariner (CD, MCA (USA)) With Warranty US $0.99 [0 bids]
31m 29s
7" Single P/S 45 - JIMMY BUFFETT - Itīs My Job - 1981 - Brazil US $9.99 Buy It Now 31m 41s
DINSMORE PAYNE SELF TITLED 1973 VG++ HEAR IT US $16.00 Buy It Now 31m 51s
ERIC CARMEN - She Did It - 45rpm record US $2.00 Buy It Now 32m 5s
BOB DYLAN NASHVILLE SKYLINE QUADRAPHONIC STILL IN SHRINK VG++ HEAR IT US $55.00 Buy It Now 32m 29s
DJ Screw Chapter 128: It's Gonna Get Better Texas Rap 2 CD Set Piranha Records US $15.00 Buy It Now 32m 32s
It Won't Be Soon Before Long by Maroon 5 (CD, May-2007, Octone Records) US $5.00 [0 bids]
32m 49s
BOB DYLAN SLOW TRAIN COMING RARE DEMO VG++ HEAR IT US $14.00 Buy It Now 32m 53s
FATBACK Take It Any Way You Want It b/w Lady Groove STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 32m 56s
Draco - If You Want To: Mek It 7 Inch US $1.99 [0 bids]
33m 10s
The National Trust - Make It Happen 7 Inch US $1.99 [0 bids]
33m 11s
Tompaulin - It's A Girls World 7 Inch US $1.99 [0 bids]
33m 11s
HEAR IT - POP - SANDY WILLIAMS - CALIFORNIA - WHEN'S MY BABY COMIN HOME US $10.00 Buy It Now 33m 31s
LISTEN - MOD POPCORN - TEEN GIRL - CAROL STEVENS - GIVE IT TO ME STRAIGHT - BE P US $45.00 Buy It Now 33m 31s
HEAR IT - SOUL - BABY WASHINGTON - THE CLOCK - STANDING ON THE PIER US $5.00 Buy It Now 33m 31s
HEAR IT - SOUL - FLOYD MORRIS & COMPANY - YOU MADE ME SO VERY HAPPY - MENDOCINO US $8.00 Buy It Now 33m 31s
HEAR IT - RNB - ROOSEVELT GRIER - MOONLIGHT IN VERMONT - SMOKY MORNING US $8.00 Buy It Now 33m 31s
HEAR IT - RNB - JERRY MCCAIN - HONKY TONK - SUGAR BABY US $8.00 Buy It Now 33m 31s
HEAR IT - SOUL FUNK - THE FAMILY - DO THE ROBOT PART 1 + PART 2 US $8.00 Buy It Now 33m 31s
HEAR IT - MODERN SOUL - SWEETIES - QUIZAS QUIZAS QUIZAS - STREAKING US $10.00 Buy It Now 33m 31s
HEAR IT - POP SOUL - DANNY & JERRY - MO'REEN - I CAN'T SEE NOBODY US $8.00 Buy It Now 33m 31s
12" vinyl - HOLLAND PRESS - THELMA HOUSTON (IF YOU FEEL IT / HOLLYWOOD) - RCA US $15.00 Buy It Now 33m 31s
LIONEL CARTWRIGHT - Say It's Not True - 45rpm record US $2.00 Buy It Now 33m 42s
DMZ EP#1 Coki ?- Don't Get It Twisted 2x12" US $18.84 Buy It Now 33m 58s
MERCURY REV Opus 40 CD 3 Tracks, Opus 40 Edit/Silver Street-Live/Tonite It Show US $6.36 Buy It Now 34m 16s
Kenny Marks - Make It Right (RARE 1987 CD) US $29.99 Buy It Now 34m 22s
THE EURYTHMICS & ARETHA FRANKLIN "SISTERS ARE DOING IT" 7" PICTURE SLEEVE 45 US $2.99 Buy It Now 34m 45s
MIAMI ALLSTARS I Like It Like That 98 CD 3 Tracks, Pump Friction Vs Precious Pa US $6.36 Buy It Now 35m 6s
Ronan Keating - Turn It On (Digipak) 24HR POST!! US $6.77 Buy It Now 35m 15s
HEAR IT - RNB - LENORE KINSEY - I WANNA LOVE LOVE LOVE - WHO AM I WITHOUT YOUR US $15.00 Buy It Now 35m 18s
HEAR IT - RNB POPCORN - ERNIE JOHNSON - YOU NEED LOVE - TELL HER FOR ME US $15.00 Buy It Now 35m 18s
LISTEN - POPCORN - CHUCK CARBO - IT'S YOU - BLACK VELVET US $45.00 Buy It Now 35m 18s
12" vinyl - USA PRESS - POCKETS (CATCH ME / HOW DO YOU THINK IT FEELS) - 1979 US $15.00 Buy It Now 35m 18s
12" vinyl - UK PRESS - THE DAZZ BAND (SHAKE IT UP / ONLY LOVE) -1980- MOTOWN US $15.00 Buy It Now 35m 18s
HEAR IT - SOUL - DAN BRANTLEY - PLEASE ACCEPT MY LOVE - GET IT TOGETHER AND DO US $5.00 Buy It Now 35m 18s
HEAR IT - RNB POPCORN - JIMMY RICKS - LEANING ON YOUR LOVE - HERE COME THE TEARS US $8.00 Buy It Now 35m 18s
HEAR IT - SOUL -LEON HAYWOOD - BLUES GET OFF MY SHOULDER - EVERYDAY WILL BE LIKE US $5.00 Buy It Now 35m 18s
ANIME / BAVI STOCK JAPAN LP OBI it 25PL-3 US $13.49 Buy It Now 35m 32s
BEASTIE BOYS ch check it out 2-TRK MEXICO promo cd EX top card p/s rare US $2.54 Buy It Now 35m 39s
EVE'S PLUMB - CD Single - I Want It All US $5.92 Buy It Now 35m 42s
45 RPM - John Denver "Back Home Again" & "It's Up To You" US $3.00 Buy It Now 36m 5s
Ripple "I don't know what it is but it sure is funky" Soul Funk GRC Records 45 US $7.50 Buy It Now 36m 15s
Linda Scott 45 RPM 1961 I don't know why / It's all because VG ++ US $5.00 Buy It Now 36m 40s
78 RPM.HILLTOPPERS.ONLY YOU / IT WILL HAVE TO DO ECT.UK ORIG US $33.86 Buy It Now 37m 9s
One Million Strong Is It A Dream. Runnin US $8.00 Buy It Now 37m 16s
HEAR IT - RNB JAZZ - FREDDIE MITCHELL - EASTER PARADE - IDAHO BOOGIE US $10.00 Buy It Now 37m 32s
HEAR IT - RNB - JOE TEX - I WANT TO HAVE A TALK WITH YOU - COME IN THIS HOUSE US $10.00 Buy It Now 37m 33s
HEAR IT - TEEN POPCORN - JUNIOR & FRIENDS - A.B.C.LOVE - WHO'S OUR PET ANNETTE US $8.00 Buy It Now 37m 33s
HEAR IT - REX VANDYNE - LOVE WILL COME BACK TO YOU - ROD BARTON - AELOUS US $25.00 Buy It Now 37m 33s
HEAR IT - POPCORN - DON RALKE CHORUS - STAR LIGHT IN HER HAIR - TAKE ALL MY LOVE US $25.00 Buy It Now 37m 33s
HEAR IT - ROCK GARAGE - SANDS OF TIME - LONELINESS - I'VE GOT A FEELING US $5.00 Buy It Now 37m 33s
HEAR IT - TEEN GIRL ROCK - THE TRACEY TWINS - KISSIN DIPLOMA - BECAUSE WE ARE US $5.00 Buy It Now 37m 33s
HEAR IT - 70's SOUL - TOMMY TATE - HARDTIMES - ALWAYS US $5.00 Buy It Now 37m 33s
HEAR IT - POPCORN - JOHNNY NASH - I'VE GOT A LOT TO OFFER DARLING - HELPLESS US $8.00 Buy It Now 37m 33s
HEAR IT - KID BURBANK - 77 SUNSET STRIP - OPEN THE DOOR RICHARD US $15.00 Buy It Now 37m 33s
HEAR IT -GIRLS GROUP - THE DACRONS - THEN HE KISSED ME -THE JALOPY FIVE - SURFER US $5.00 Buy It Now 37m 33s
HEAR IT - DISCO MODERN SOUL - GERALDINE HUNT - CAN'T FAKE THE FEELING - LOOK ALL US $5.00 Buy It Now 37m 33s
BONNIE TYLER it's a heartache RARE 1978 MEXICO 7" NM top mexican vinyl US $8.49 Buy It Now 37m 51s
QUINT it's much better now COLOMBIA 7" unique p/s rare SOUTH AMERICA US $16.99 Buy It Now 37m 51s
78 Decca 18479 Glen Gray Don't Do It Darling 1942 US $2.24 Buy It Now 37m 58s
MINT ROYALE Take It Easy CD 3 Tracks, Edit/Alpinestars Ski Mix/Loca US $6.36 Buy It Now 38m 37s
John Denver "It's About Time" (RCA - 1983) New Sealed - Bx1057 US $22.95 Buy It Now 39m 4s
MIS-TEEQ Can'T Get It Back CD 4 Tracks, Ignorants Radio Edit/Deliquent Remix/Vi US $5.52 Buy It Now 39m 6s
ARCTIC MONKEYS SUCK IT AND SEE SEALED CD NEW 2011 US $9.67 Buy It Now 39m 7s
MISSY ELLIOTT Work It CD 3 Tracks Inc P***Ycat+4 My People-Basement Jaxx Remix US $5.52 Buy It Now 39m 52s
Zap Mama Push It to the Max CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 40m 30s
MODEST MOUSE "FLOAT ON/I'VE GOT IT ALL(MOST)" CD SINGLE SEALED US $10.99 Buy It Now 40m 55s
LISTEN - POPCORN GIRL - DELLA RAE - HURRY UP SUMMER - IT'S MY FACE US $25.00 Buy It Now 41m 12s
LISTEN - SOUL - DIANA ROSS - YOUR LOVE IS SO GOOD FOR ME / BABY IT'S ME US $5.00 Buy It Now 41m 13s
BEYONCE - CD Single - Work It Out - Austin Powers Goldmember US $5.92 Buy It Now 42m 20s
MOLLY HALF HEAD Shine CD 4 Tracks Inc Stay As You Are/1 Dy/Pump It Up US $5.52 Buy It Now 42m 36s
SEAL get it together 1-TRK MEXICO PROMO CD jewel slimcase p/s rare US $4.24 Buy It Now 42m 48s
THE REMBRANDTS just the way it is COLOMBIA 12" VINYL south america rarity US $8.49 Buy It Now 42m 48s
GEYSTER it's about you 1-trk UK PROMO CD ACETATE very rare US $4.24 Buy It Now 42m 48s
MR.BIG (LEAN INTO IT ) SO RARE ISRAELI,ISRAEL PROMO CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
42m 49s
Barbara Acklin NORTHERN 45 (Brunswick 55440) I Did It/I'm Living With... VG++/M- US $5.95 Buy It Now 43m 14s
THE TEENAGERS - PAINT YOURSELF IN A CORNER / IT MUST BE LOVE - OUTTA SIGHT US $11.86 Buy It Now 43m 28s
NM 12"~M-DOC~Are You Wid It~[x6 Mixes/Remixes]~White Label Promo~Hear!~ US $4.49 [0 bids]
43m 58s
EXC 12"~NASTY HABITS~Round She Goes~[x3 Mixes]~Do It For Me~[x3 Mix]~OG UJAM US $4.49 [0 bids]
43m 58s
NM 12"~KEYSHIA COLE~(I Just Want It) To Be Over~[Main~Instrumental Mix]~[2005]~ US $4.49 [0 bids]
43m 58s
EXC 12"~KNOCK THEM DOWN~Raise Yuh Hand~Anita~We Jammin It~My Competition Sounds~ US $4.49 [0 bids]
43m 58s
NM 2 DOUBLE 12"~LIA~Tell Me It's Not Too Late~[Extended~12" Radio~Club~Dub]~1988 US $4.49 [0 bids]
43m 58s
EXC LP~The C.Y. WALKIN' BAND~Love The Way It Feels~[1979 PARACHUTE Issue]~Promo US $4.49 [0 bids]
43m 58s
NM 12"~EP~BROKEN HOMES~Steeltown~Painless Saturday~Yes, It's All Over~{1986 WLP} US $4.49 [0 bids]
43m 58s
VG+ 12"~STEREO~(THE BIG MAN)~What Is It~[x4 Mixes]~[OG 1998 ROCKBOY~Random Rap] US $4.49 [0 bids]
43m 58s
EXC 12"~NICOLE WRAY~MISSY ELLIOT~TIMBALAND~Make It Hot~[x4 Mixes]~[OG 1998 ~Iss] US $4.49 [0 bids]
43m 58s
NM LP~BOBBY BROWN~Dance...Ya Know It!~[Original 1989 MCA Issue]~[Full Album]~ US $4.49 [0 bids]
THE STYLE COUNCIL, IT DIDN'T MATTER (PAUL WELLER) ,7" VINYL US $1.68 [0 bids]
44m 7s

More places to buy IT music online Buy IT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IT Departure ratings distribution

IT Departure reviews

Review by Windhawk
4 stars Departure is the fourth production from this UK-based outfit, following 15 years after their debut.

And it's quite an interesting venture too. The compositions all have strong mainstream-oriented tinges to them - soulful energetic female backing vocals as on opener God Is Dead, catchy sing-along choruses on many tracks and a variety in sound too: From laid-back mellow Pink Floyd inspired passages to raunchy hard rocking explorations with organ adding that vintage dimension that has such a strong appeal amongst many fans of rock.

The songs are also somewhat quirky, especially in structure. The longest track on the album, Fighting for Freedom, is a good example of that. For the first four minutes we're served a blend of country and blues with some gospel elements thrown in for good measure, while the closing two minutes takes us on a hard rock romp much more straight forward in nature - completely contrastig the opening passages and themes.

Still: The mainstream-oriented are pushed to the forefront on this album, while the art rock dimensions are more subtle; more often than not a case of them being found only if someone is looking for them.

It's a well made album, and one that deserves to get a fair deal of attention. Opening number God I Dead and third track Killing Me are my picks on this production, if you like those tunes this is an album that you'd probably want to get.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#238671) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, September 11, 2009

Review by The Doctor
4 stars This is an album I've been enjoying quite a lot lately. The album presents a rather dark and spacey atmosphere, at times mellow, at times much more aggressive. In fact, there are lots of different styles present on the album, but the album's coherence does not suffer for its diversity of styles. One can detect a bit of Floyd in places, a bit of Porcupine Tree here and there, some alternative influences and maybe the occasional Crimson. But the influences do not dominate most of the album.

"God Is Dead" and "Killing Me" are both good pop songs. Tight and catchy, but without losing any intelligence for it. Both songs have been stuck in my head since I started listening to the album, but I haven't grown tired of hearing the songs after several listens. The title track, sandwiched between the two pop songs, is a more spacey affair, starting off with some very nice guitar and keyboard work, followed by a mellow vocal passage and then some heavy rhythm guitar to end the song. While not epic in length, it is one of the more epic sounding tracks on the album and could have easily been the middle part of a much more lengthy track. A very enjoyable 4 and a half minutes. "Car Crash" has some good acoustic rhythm guitar and spacey lead guitar and keyboard work.

"Fighting for Freedom" is my favorite song off the album and seems to be a fusion of country and metal. That may seem an unlikely combination but it works. "Burn", a song in two parts, shows Jackson at his most cynical. The first part of the song also has a bit of a country flavor thanks to a banjo and pedal steel guitar. The second part is a "photoshopped" Bush speech over some rather interesting instrumental work. It's really too bad they put the Bush speech over the top, because the instrumental work is quite nice and Bush's speaking over it is a bit distracting. Next up is "Safe", the only song on the album I consider truly derivative as it sounds like it could easily have been an outtake from In Absentia or Deadwing. However, what it lacks in originality, it makes up for in execution.

Next up is the two-part "Standback", a love song that in parts, especially the vocal parts during the verses, reminds me of the early 80's. Some more very good acoustic and lead guitar work here, especially the guitar solo in part 2 of the song. The final song on the album proper is "Disappear" another laid-back song that is a bit reminiscent of Floyd in parts.

My version comes with a bonus DVD which includes a video for "Killing Me" and a documentary/interview with the band. Also included is a rather short (under 30 minutes) but highly enjoyable live document. Would really like to see a full-length DVD in the future. Finally, the DVD contains three bonus tracks. The bonus tracks have a bit of a different feel than the album proper, possibly because the band's bassist in Canada (Craig West) wrote and sang two of the songs. On these three songs the Floyd influence is much more readily apparent, although I still wouldn't classify them as derivative. All three songs have a very spacey, sort of floating quality to them with the keyboards seeming more up-front in the mix and some very Gilmour-esque lead guitar in parts. Although for some reason West's voice reminds me a bit of Michael Stipe, which gives his songs a bit of an REM feel vocally. Of the three bonus tracks my favorite track is probably the final one "Taking on Sand".

This album gets a solid four stars from me. They may not always have the prog quotient cranked up to 10 here and sometimes the speeches over the instrumental parts can be distracting, but it's intelligent and enjoyable music that stands up to repeated listenings and has enough progginess to sink your teeth into. And many of the songs will be stuck in your head in no time. This comes highly recommended.

Send comments to The Doctor (BETA) | Report this review (#238844) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 12, 2009

4 stars Sneaking in under the radar are accomplished neo prog rockers IT. Here's the thing though, Prog rock was always incredibly interesting and intelligent but a little self indulgent if not pretentious. IT seem to have taken this onboard because their gritty and satirical themes don't leave any room f ... (read more)

Report this review (#237744) | Posted by tribeca | Sunday, September 06, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IT "Departure"