LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light my fireLight my fire
Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times
Elektra Spun Gold
Vinyl$18.00
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
Vinyl$199.90
LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7"
ELEKTRA-45615
Vinyl$199.90
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)

DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 42m
Wynton Kelly Trio 45 Light My Fire 1968 Soul-Jazz The Doors VG++ USD $24.00 Buy It Now 5h 40m
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 1st UK 45 SINGLE - 1967 - ELEKTRA - POP PSYCH ROCK USD $9.83 [14 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $70.13 Buy It Now 8h 2m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA 45 USD $6.00 [0 bids]
10h
The Doors Light my Fire b/w The Crystal Ship 1967 Astor AP-1388 Australia 45 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 12h 13m
*STILL-SEALED* THE DOORS - Light My Fire [50th Anv] (2017 RI) 7in Single USD $6.00 [0 bids]
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 19h 26m
Light My Fire by The Doors (Vinyl, Jul-2017, Elektra (Label)) USD $13.99 Buy It Now 20h 13m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.75 Buy It Now 22h
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.75 Buy It Now 22h 19m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.75 Buy It Now 22h 38m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.75 Buy It Now 22h 55m
Doors Light My Fire - Mono/Stereo 7" vinyl single record USA promo EK-45615 USD $25.20 Buy It Now 23h 32m
THE DOORS MOVIE SOUNDTRACK 1991 CD ELEKTRA CANADA LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH USD $2.70 Buy It Now 23h 36m
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE RARE ORIGINAL DUCHESSE DEBUT CASSETTE USD $5.60 Buy It Now 1 day
The doors Light my Fire Charly Records Made in Germany Free Shipping from Japan USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS CD Classic 1967 Debut Album Light My Fire, The End, Break On Through USD $2.49 [0 bids]
USD $3.99 Buy It Now
JOSE FELICIANO - Portrait The Best Of LP Telstar 1985 DOORS COVER light my fire USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $23.86 Buy It Now 1 day
Hip Pocket The DOORS Light My Fire / Break on Through Philco NEW SEALED 45rpm USD $22.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire [New 7" Vinyl] USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $14.71 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS GREATEST HITS CASSETTE "LIGHT MY FIRE, L.A. WOMAN, LOVE ME TWO" +++ USD $4.85 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $6.34 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $6.34 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $6.34 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $6.34 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $6.34 Buy It Now 1 day
ORIGINAL 1967 FIRST ELEKTRA PRESS THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL CRYSTAL SHIP USD $99.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE B/W CRYSTAL SHIP ORIG 1st PRESS "MAIDEN" LABEL VG+ RARE USD $22.50 [0 bids]
SOUL MERCHANTS: Light My Fire / Same 45 (dj, Soul Jazz instrumental of the Door USD $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS Self-Titled 12" 33RPM LP Rock 1st Album Elektra EKS 74007 LIGHT MY FIRE USD $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Light My Fire [7/28] by The Doors (Vinyl, Jul-2017, Elektra (Label)) USD $10.63 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS EP PS Light My Fire SRAEL EP-1E 1022 ULTRA RARE ISRAELI COVER USD $126.37 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS 7'' PS Light My Fire Sweden VERY RARE KFF 715 UNIQUE Swedish COVER 45 USD $91.27 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS 7' PS Light My Fire Holland VOGUE HV 2097 VERY RARE UNIQUE COVER Dutch 45 USD $84.25 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS 7 PS Light My Fire Italy MEGA RARE Vedette VRN 34081 nice UNIQUE COVER 45 USD $119.35 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Self-Titled CD NEW Remastered Light My Fire/Break On Through/The End+ USD $7.01 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS & 1 other.. original sheet music.....LIGHT MY FIRE USD $2.81 [0 bids]
THE DOORS New Sealed Ltd 2018 50th ANNIVERSARY LIGHT MY FIRE VINYL RECORD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 on rare BLUE Elektra label USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors ?- Raiders On The Storm / Light My Fire 7/45 PORTUGAL 1972 EX USD $50.00 Buy It Now 3 days
** The DOORS ** Light My Fire / Break on Through Philco NEW SEALED 45rpm ** USD $29.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The-Doors-30th-Anniversary-Collection-DvD-L-A-Woman-Light-My-Fire-Riders USD $15.85 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Hello RARE 7" PROMO Test Pressing ELEKTRA ARCHIVE 1973 USD $249.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - 45 RPM - Light My Fire - The Crystal Ship USD $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Live Vol. 2 CD Very Rare Jim Morrison Touch Me Back Man Light My Fire USD $43.58 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $7.37 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Best Of 2-CD Fatbox Greatest Hits Light My Fire, Riders On The Storm USD $2.49 [0 bids]
USD $3.99 Buy It Now
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Doors 45 Light My Fire / Chrystal Ship - Elektra VG USD $3.50 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship used 7" SINGLE MONO ORIG. Elektra USD $18.98 [0 bids]
Doors - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 Astor Australia AP-1388 Oz 1967 EX USD $5.00 [0 bids]
The Doors 13 12" 33 Vinyl LP Album Sleeve EKS-74079 Elektra Light My Fire Hello USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS greatest HITS cd morrison HELLO I LOVE YOU the end LIGHT MY FIRE touch me USD $11.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Door's light my fire 12 inch import Jim Morrison USD $10.99 [0 bids]
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE / CRYSTAL SHIP Japanese Artwork NEW VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS Light My Fire 7" JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA JET-1778 RARE Original Press P/S USD $149.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS ? THE BEST OF ? 1973 QUADRADISC ~ QUADRAPHONIC ~ LIGHT MY FIRE USD $26.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors CD BackTrax Single Light My Fire Love Me Two Times SEALED Hits Series USD $24.95 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra Vinyl Record Rock 60s USD $8.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Rare Pop Rock 45 - The Templeton Twins - Light My Fire - Doors Cover USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
45 RPM RECORD LIGHT MY FIRE BY THE DOORS USD $3.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE HELLO I LOVE YOU RARE ISRAELI 7" EP HEBREW ELECTRA ROCK USD $105.60 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" single - OZ AUSSIE PRESS ASTOR 1967 PSYCH AP- 1388 USD $15.81 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 6 days
SILVER BLUE Light My Fire 45 7" NM US DANCE COVER ON THE DOORS CLASSIC LISTEN USD $5.98 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA UNPLAYED USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 50TH ANNIVERSARY Pic Sleeve SEALED 2017 USD $16.00 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 2:52 / LIGHT MY FIRE 6:52 "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA UNPLAYED USD $14.95 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS: Light My Fire + 3-Mexico 7" 1968 Elektra EPE- 1486 EP First Edition ASL USD $64.98 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS MEGA RARE ISRAELI 7" LIGHT MY FIRE ISRAEL ONLY EP-IE 1022 VG+ 4 TRACKS USD $300.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - Philco Flexi Disc - Light My Fire / Break On Through USD $6.00 [0 bids]
USD $10.00 Buy It Now
The Doors ?- Light My Fire Elektra ?- EK-45615 Vinyl, 7", Single, 45 RPM, Promo, USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS-DOORS-1988 CD/LIGHT MY FIRE/THE END/BREAK ON THROUGH/JIM MORRISON/60S USD $2.79 [0 bids]
The Doors Vinyl LP Lot 13 Classics Greatest Hits Jim Morrison Light My Fire USD $0.99 [0 bids]
The Best Of the Doors - Vinyl record LP - 6E-5035 Light My Fire and more! VG+/VG USD $3.33 [0 bids]
Doors m- pink label 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors vg+ hip pocket 3 1/2" Light My Fire / Break on Through USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors - Light My Fire (Mint!!! 1979) USD $1.39 [0 bids]
The Best of the Doors 2 x CD Inc. The End,When The Music's Over USD $4.20 [0 bids]
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $9.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $98.27 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS -light my fire/break on through LEBANESE PRESSING 7" single 45 rpm USD $99.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS 1ST ALBUM 2007 REMASTER LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $5.60 [0 bids]
THE DOORS- Very Best of/Greatest Hits 2-CD (1985 USA) Jim Morrison Light My Fire USD $7.19 Buy It Now 8 days
LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7", DOORS,Good, #### 45 RPM , 7" Vinyl, NO Pic USD $18.98 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors Light My Fire 7" Single EK-45615 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE GREATEST HITS COMP. 1988 RUSSIAN PRESS JIM MORRISON USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $84.23 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $16.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS - GREATEST HITS - 5E-515 ELEKTRA - Light My Fire - People Are Strange USD $9.79 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / Cassette Album Tape / UK 1991 Single / 4308 USD $9.81 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $6.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEST OF THE DOORS 1973 LP SUPERB SOUND LIGHT MY FIRE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE USD $9.95 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors "S/T" w/ Break On Through, Light My Fire, The End, Soul Kitchen USD $4.00 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(75%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released on CD only on quite rare now 1991 promo. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"