LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$15.00 (used)
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
Vinyl$199.90
LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7"
ELEKTRA-45615
Vinyl$199.90
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)

The Doors-THE BEST OF 2-CD Greatest Hits Jim Morrison Light My Fire USD $8.00 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Best of Doors, 2 CDs 1985, Light My Fire, Riders On The Storm, LA Woman, The End USD $4.00 Buy It Now 4h 35m
THE DOORS 9 LP LOT LIGHT MY FIRE, WAITING FOR THE SUN, STRANGE DAYS, LIVE USD $73.00 [12 bids]
45 RPM THE DOORS Light My Fire ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $0.98 [2 bids]
THE DOORS LP w Light My Fire Vintage Record USD $59.98 Buy It Now 7h 6m
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 7h 46m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 16h 16m
The Doors Light My Fire ????? ?? ??? ????? Lp Sing In English USD $4.06 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 17h 28m
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE RARE ORIGINAL DUCHESSE DEBUT CASSETTE USD $5.41 Buy It Now 18h 40m
The doors Light my Fire Charly Records Made in Germany Free Shipping from Japan USD $33.00 Buy It Now 19h 52m
JOSE FELICIANO - Portrait The Best Of LP Telstar 1985 DOORS COVER light my fire USD $14.99 Buy It Now 21h 58m
Jose Feliciano - Feliciano! LP Light my Fire California Dreaming Beatles Doors USD $19.99 Buy It Now 21h 58m
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $23.05 Buy It Now 23h 5m
Doors - Light My Fire [Vinyl New] USD $10.75 Buy It Now 23h 34m
The Doors - Live in Pittsburgh 1970 CD JIM MORRISON Rock n Roll LIGHT MY FIRE USD $6.77 [0 bids]
The DOORS Greatest Hits Light My Fire LP 1980 Vinyl Record N/Mint USD $15.18 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS VINTAGE HIP POCKET 4" RECORDS 45 LIGHT MY FIRE/BREAK ON THROUGH SEALED USD $29.99 [0 bids]
The Best of the Doors - 2 CD Set - Light My Fire, Break On Through, L.A. Woman USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $5.24 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $5.24 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire, Russian pressing, NM, 1991 USD $25.77 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS: BEST OF Elektra 2CD set 19 trax inc.Light My Fire, Strange Days USD $9.48 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors ?- Raiders On The Storm / Light My Fire 7/45 PORTUGAL 1972 EX USD $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS 1ST ALBUM 2007 REMASTER LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $5.41 [0 bids]
DOORS Light My Fire 7" VINYL European Elektra 2017 B/W The Crystal Ship, In USD $16.94 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS 13 album lp 1970 vinyl Electra light my fire strange vintage excellent USD $5.95 [0 bids]
SOUL MERCHANTS: Light My Fire / Same 45 (dj, Soul Jazz instrumental of the Door USD $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors ?- Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times US 7" USD $1.29 [0 bids]
Light My Fire [7/28] by The Doors (Vinyl, Jul-2017, Elektra (Label)) USD $10.74 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS New Sealed Ltd 2017 50th ANNIVERSARY LIGHT MY FIRE VINYL RECORD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE TEMPLETON TWINS - Light My Fire / Spinning Wheel 7" DOORS COVER Vault Record USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison†L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $4.73 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison†L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $6.77 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire PHOTO Print POTER Box Set Jim Morrison†L.A Woman Shirt 1 USD $20.33 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 7" SINGLE.ORIGINAL 1967 US PROMO. USD $10.17 [7 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 on rare BLUE Elektra label USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS - Light my fire unique cover Russia issue LP Melodiya USSR 1988 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SILVER BLUE Light My Fire 45 7" NM US DANCE COVER ON THE DOORS CLASSIC LISTEN USD $5.98 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship (Elektra EK-45615) USD $12.95 [0 bids]
*STILL-SEALED* DOORS - Light My Fire b/w The Crystal Ship (2017 RI) 7in Single USD $0.99 [0 bids]
6H VG Rare Elektra label with Girl on label The Doors light my fire USD $1.50 [1 bids]
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Live Vol. 2 CD Very Rare Jim Morrison Touch Me Back Man Light My Fire USD $37.71 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $7.12 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $67.75 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Doors The-Light My Fire VINYL NEW USD $13.26 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Self-Titled CD NEW Remastered Light My Fire/Break On Through/The End+ USD $6.77 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS ... "LIGHT MY FIRE" ... DIGITALLY REMASTERED ... CD USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS Light My Fire 45 45615 on RARE FIRST ELECTRA LABEL! USD $19.99 [0 bids]
The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE / CRYSTAL SHIP Japanese Artwork NEW VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Best of Quadra Disc Light my Fire 1973 LP Vinyl Record Ex+/N/M USD $8.88 [0 bids]
DOORS Light my Fire Gold 1st EKS 74007 1967 gold sleeve Vinyl Lp Record USD $31.18 Buy It Now 5 days
TWO RARE 45'S 1967-68 THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" "UNKNOWN SOLDIER" 7" RECORDS USD $61.21 [0 bids]
The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra Vinyl Record Rock 60s USD $8.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Rare Pop Rock 45 - The Templeton Twins - Light My Fire - Doors Cover USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE HELLO I LOVE YOU RARE ISRAELI 7" EP HEBREW ELECTRA ROCK USD $120.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship" 45 RPM Vinyl Elektra EK-45615 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 50TH ANNIVERSARY Pic Sleeve SEALED 2017 USD $14.95 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 2:52 / LIGHT MY FIRE 6:52 "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA UNPLAYED USD $12.50 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS: Light My Fire + 3-Mexico 7" 1968 Elektra EPE- 1486 EP First Edition ASL USD $64.98 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors- Light My Fire b/w The Crystal Ship [7''] (50th Anniversary, replica J USD $13.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS MEGA RARE ISRAELI 7" LIGHT MY FIRE ISRAEL ONLY EP-IE 1022 VG+ 4 TRACKS USD $300.00 Buy It Now 6 days
OTHE DOORS / Light My Fire & The Crystal Ship / Elektra 45 VG++ Monarch Press USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $7.49 Buy It Now 6 days
Doors m- pink label 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 6 days
Doors vg+ hip pocket 3 1/2" Light My Fire / Break on Through USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
JIM MORRISON & THE DOORS -LIGHT MY FIRE+CRYSTAL SHIP 45RPM (LOVE=FUNERAL PYRE) USD $15.01 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - Best of the Doors [2000] inc Light My Fire, Riders on the Storm USD $5.43 Buy It Now 6 days
Doors ?- Light my fire ?LP USD $9.90 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $9.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $94.94 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors "S/T" w/ Break On Through, Light My Fire, The End, Soul Kitchen USD $4.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors ~ Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ~ 45 vinyl USD $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors S/T Light My Fire Reel Tape Fully Tested 7-1/2ips Near Mint USD $139.50 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS 1988 CD ELEKTRA CRC CANADA LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $3.26 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS MOVIE SOUNDTRACK 1991 CD ELEKTRA CANADA LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH USD $3.26 Buy It Now 8 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $81.37 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 45 7" single 1968 Sweden USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE VINYL LP SINGLE NEW+ USD $22.27 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / Cassette Album Tape / UK 1991 Single / 4308 USD $9.48 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS, The - Light My Fire (50th Anniversary) - Vinyl (limited 7") USD $15.23 Buy It Now 8 days
2 45's 1 Price, Doors, Light My Fire EKS 45051 / Touch Me ESK 45052, Elektra USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE/CRYSTAL SHIP Japanese Artwork NEW VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $15.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS S/T LIGHT MY FIRE rare ISRAELI LP USD $60.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS :LIGHT MY FIRE + 2 TRACKS 12" 1981 ELEKTRA EKT125 . VG/VG+EX USD $9.50 Buy It Now 9 days
Jim Morrison/The Doors/Light My Fire A3 size typography art print/poster USD $16.96 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors 13 12" 33 Vinyl LP Album Sleeve EKS-74079 Elektra Light My Fire Hello USD $9.95 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Elektra EKR125 Limited Edition UK 1991 USD $10.84 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 7" SINGLE + T- SHIRT LimitedEdition USD $38.00 Buy It Now 9 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(75%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released on CD only on quite rare now 1991 promo. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"