LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]
Strange DaysStrange Days
Soft ParadeSoft Parade
Waiting for the SunWaiting for the Sun
THE DOORS - 45 RPM 7" SINGLE - LOVE HER MADLY & YOU NEED MEAT US $4.99 [0 bids]
31m 39s
THE DOORS - 45 RPM 7" SINGLE - RIDERS ON THE STORM & CHANGELING US $4.99 [0 bids]
32m 12s
SOFT PARADE BY DOORS (CD) US $17.60 Buy It Now 43m 10s
LA WOMAN (40TH ANNIVERSARY) BY DOORS (CD) US $23.58 Buy It Now 44m 40s
DOORS 45 Wishful Sinful/Who Scared You - NM US $7.00 Buy It Now 48m 37s
7"-Single THE DOORS - The Mosquito / It Slipped My Mind (1972) GERMANY PS US $14.99 Buy It Now 52m 18s
CD THE DOORS Complete Studio Recordings 7 CD BOX SET MINT US $99.99 Buy It Now 54m 10s
The Doors Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine RSD 2014 Numbered Vinyl Record LP US $74.27 [9 bids]
1h
Jim Morrison [LP] An American Prayer *VG+* [5E-502] *Promo* (1978) The Doors US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
The Doors - Live In Vancouver 1970 NEW 2CD US $11.00 Buy It Now 1h 12m
MUSICVOICE 60s rocker 45 BOBBY & BLUE JAYS - It's Comin' Through The Doors US $4.00 [0 bids]
The Doors - Soundstage Performances DVD US $11.73 Buy It Now 1h 13m
THE DOORS...." WEIRD SCENES INSIDE A GOLD MINE "....DOUBLE ALBUM US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Doors [Original Soundtrack] Oliver Stone Film (CD, Mar-1991, Elektra) US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Doors Strange Days 33rpm LP M M- US $13.99 [0 bids]
Away from the Sun by 3 Doors Down (CD, Nov-2002, Universal Distribution) US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
RAY MANZAREK/ THE DOORS/ THE WHOLE THING STARTED WITH ROCK N ROLL US $18.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Live in Pittsburgh 1970 Psychedelic Rock Acid Music CD Album Brand New US $21.79 Buy It Now 1h 29m
The Doors RSD 2014 Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine 2650 Only 2x LP Rhino US $78.00 [11 bids]
FUTURE STARTS HERE:ESSENTIAL DOOR HIT BY DOORS (CD) US $17.60 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Doors - An American Prayer vinyl LP record NEW sealed RARE Jim Morrison US $154.00 Buy It Now 1h 46m
The Doors: WAITING FOR THE SUN (Cassette, 1982, Elektra) Near Mint US $19.99 [0 bids]
The Doors - Strange Days 1967 USA Stereo Orig. Brown Label VG/VG US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS-MORRISON HOTEL-11 TRACK CD-PRESSED IN GERMANY-JIM MORRISON-RAY MAZAREK US $10.68 Buy It Now 1h 53m
CHARLIE RICH - BEHIND CLOSED DOORS / EPIC LP (1973) NM US $9.87 Buy It Now 1h 53m
The DOORS - Waiting For the Sun ORIGINAL 1968 LP US $119.99 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Alice Cooper muscle of love vinyl LP record VG- who beatles rolling stones doors US $7.99 [0 bids]
3 Doors Down, Seventeen Days Audio CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 59m
JACKIE deSHANNON IMPERIAL 60's WINDOWS & DOORS US $0.59 [0 bids]
2h
PRIVATE Signed JIM RUMLEY The Drifter CANADIAN Closing Doors Autographed US $22.22 [0 bids]
2h
The Doors "Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine", 1972 Double LP, VG+ Condition US $15.55 [0 bids]
The Doors 45 Changeling/Riders On The Storm Elektra Records #EKS-45738 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Rare THE DOORS Absolutely Live Elecktra C29002 CASSETTE TAPE,NM- Tested no B/C US $9.99 [0 bids]
Doors: A Look Back in Time - 40th Anniversary Review - Digital Versatile Disc (D US $26.66 Buy It Now 2h 22m
The Better Life by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2000, BMG Direct) US $2.39 [0 bids]
Re 45 The DOORS - Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times w/ Spun Gold strip VG++ US $4.99 [0 bids]
DOORS / SOFT PARADE / SEALED RECORD LP + INCLUDES HITS STICKER US $39.99 [0 bids]
Away from the Sun by 3 Doors Down (CD, Nov-2002, BMG Direct) US $2.59 [0 bids]
The Doors in Concert Live Psychedelic Rock Music CD Brand New US $11.73 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Away from the Sun by 3 Doors Down (CD, Nov-2002, Universal Distribution) US $0.99 [0 bids]
CHARLIE RICH 8 Track Cassette Tape Behind Closed Doors US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 39m
AMAZING (29) LP RECORD LOT KRAFTWERK JOHN LENNON QUEEN PINK FLOYD DOORS CASH US $50.00 [9 bids]
The Better Life by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2000, Universal Distribution) US $4.00 [0 bids]
Live in New York [3/16] * [LP] by Doors (The) (Vinyl, Mar-2010, 2 Discs, Rhino) US $42.00 [0 bids]
Dolly Parton Record Side A Two Doors Down Side B Its all Wrong but its all right US $4.00 [0 bids]
DOORS - GREATEST HITS - ELEKTRA-SE-515 - "SEALED" US $35.00 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Doors 45 Records US $2.50 [0 bids]
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-2000, 2 Discs, Elektra... US $1.49 [0 bids]
The Doors: Morrison Hotel - CD (NEW) US $5.79 [0 bids]
EILIFF LA TRIBU THE GURUS PALK SALAD MEXICN LP The Doors in Mexico MOD KRAUTROCK US $25.00 [0 bids]
CHARLIE RICH Behind Closed Doors KE32247 LP y6264 US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 9m
The Doors Light My Fire 7" Record Store Day 2014 RSD Jim Morrison RARE US $14.99 [0 bids]
"The Doors" Original Soundtrack Recording US $0.99 [0 bids]
3 Doors Down It's Not My Time USDJ US DJ Radio Promo CD Single US $6.99 [0 bids]
Greatest Hits [#1] by The Doors (CD, Oct-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 27m
CHARLIE RICH - Vintage 8 Track Tape - BEHIND CLOSED DOORS US $4.99 [0 bids]
3(three)DOORS DOWN-The Better Life-HARD ROCk-Escatawpa/MS.guitar/MALE VOCAL ROCK US $8.29 Buy It Now 3h 55m
The BEST of THE DOORS sealed 8 track Excellent US $12.95 [0 bids]
The Best Of The Doors CD VG+ Condition US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS "L.A. WOMAN" 1ST PRESS ELEKTRA Die-Cut-Clear Window-Crucifixion NM US $15.50 [2 bids]
THE DOORS WAITING FOR THE SUN CASSETTE TAPE US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 12m
CD Lot 16 CDs Pink Floyd 3 Doors Down Fuel Alice in Chains Van Morrison US $9.95 [1 bids]
WYMOND MILES - EARTH HAS DOORS (EP) NEW VINYL US $23.31 Buy It Now 4h 13m
THE RED CHORD "Fused Together In Revolving Doors" CD bonus tracks NEW/sealed US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 13m
VINYL 45 Terry Dan - Light My Fire ( Doors cover ) prod. by Jeff Tyzik US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 14m
Doors L.A. Woman EKS-75011 LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - ABSOLUTELY LIVE LP ORIGINAL 1st PRESS CANADA ELEKTRA EKS-9002 US $98.95 [0 bids]
The Better Life by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2000, Universal Distribution) US $1.90 [0 bids]
LOT OF CLASSIC ROCK VINYL RECORDS THE DOORS LP ALBUMS US $11.99 [0 bids]
Radio Show: TOM KENT SHOW 9/15/03 5 HOURS! SUPREMES, THE DOORS, MONKEES, US $29.99 Buy It Now 4h 33m
THE DOORS SOFT PARADE 24k GOLD CD MINT #1682 AFZ-038 +2 BONUS HDCD OUT OF PRINT US $44.99 Buy It Now 4h 34m
The Doors Original Soundtrack CD Mar1991 Elektra Oliver Stone Velvet Underground US $6.99 [0 bids]
Doors (The) - Strange Days (CD 1985) Import JAPAN CD US $18.99 Buy It Now 4h 44m
*THE DOORS*PEOPLE ARE STRANGE-45 RECORD- US $0.01 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Soft Parade 1st Pressing Includes Original Dust Sleeve Jim Morrison US $14.99 [0 bids]
The Better Life by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2000, Universal Distribution) US $3.00 Buy It Now 5h 4m
THE DOORS Morrison Hotel ELEKTRA LP US $13.95 Buy It Now 5h 7m
JAZ COLEMAN - RIDERS ON THE STORM: THE DOORS CONCERTO - US $2.50 [0 bids]
J.O.B. ORQUESTRA OPEN THE DOORS TO YOUR HEART LP GOVINDA KRISHNA DISCO FUNK US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 31m
Fred Ones ?- Phobia Of Doors (12" Vinyl) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED US $3.00 Buy It Now 5h 31m
The Doors Morrison Hotel Cassette Tape US $7.99 [0 bids]
Soundgarden sealed 10" Before The Doors Live I-5 Record Store Day Chris Cornell US $17.99 Buy It Now 5h 42m
CD L.A. Woman by The Doors (CD, May-1988, Elektra (Label)) US $9.95 [0 bids]
ZZ CD ALBUM....3 DOORS DOWN....THE BETTER LIFE US $11.61 Buy It Now 5h 53m
KAREL FIALKA ( STILL LIFE ) 1980 synth pop U.K. vinyl LP NM w/ DOORS cover song US $15.95 Buy It Now 6h 2m
The Doors?OST?7"?APOCALYPSE NOW?japan?EX?!! US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 7m
The Doors, Infinite. 200 Gram Vinyl (12) LP Box Set. Numbered, Limited Edition US $399.99 [1 bids]
THE DOORS Music Sticker STRANGE DAYS US $4.63 Buy It Now 6h 20m
3 Doors Down The Better Life CD US $9.91 Buy It Now 6h 29m
3 Doors Down Time Of My Life CD US $10.81 Buy It Now 6h 29m
Country Promo 45 KATY SOUTHERN Two Doors Down on Epic ( US $5.00 Buy It Now 6h 34m
the doors - RARE IMPORT - "CELEBRATION" Live 1967-1968 - TMOQ/TSP - JIM MORRISON US $69.99 Buy It Now 6h 39m
The Doors - Original Soundtrack Tape US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 42m
THE DOORS LA WOMAN ULTRA RARE OZ CASSETTE TAPE! JIM MORRISON MANZAREK KREIGER US $13.00 Buy It Now 7h 11m
Judson Claiborne - We Have Not Doors You Need Not Keys (2013) US $17.10 Buy It Now 7h 19m
Night Divides the Day: The Music of the Doors, George Winston, Good Enhanced, Li US $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 29m
LASZLO GARDONY - BEHIND OPEN DOORS NEW CD US $22.98 Buy It Now 7h 44m
THE DOORS Alive She Cried A1/B1 US $17.99 Buy It Now 7h 52m
Seventeen Days by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2005, Universal Distribution) US $6.85 Buy It Now 8h 7m
The Doors Jim Morrison1 Samuel Eliot Hot hoodie sweatshirt (longsleve available) US $59.99 Buy It Now 8h 18m

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(71%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(14%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Send comments to NotAProghead (BETA) | Report this review (#531691) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 24, 2011

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"