LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

45vinylrecord Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship (745vinylrecord Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship (7"/45 rpm)
Elektra Records
Vinyl$2.99 (used)
Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Audio CD$59.99 (used)
Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors by Various Artists (CD,... USD $12.38 Buy It Now 30m 38s
The Doors PSYCHEDELIC 45 (ELEKTRA 45615) Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship NM- USD $7.95 Buy It Now 4h 51m
THE DOORS light my fire EK-45615 ELEKTRA US ORIGINAL 45 psych USD $12.50 Buy It Now 6h 27m
THE DOORS light my fire EK-45615 US WHITE & RED LABEL 45 the crystal ship VG+ USD $18.00 Buy It Now 6h 27m
The Doors Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times Cd Single ELEKTRA Very Good!! USD $368.99 Buy It Now 9h 32m
THE DOORS,LIGHT MY FIRE,RARE VINYL 12 INCH SINGLE USD $1.50 [1 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA 45 USD $3.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship - ELEKTRA 1967 Original Issue USD $22.75 [0 bids]
V.A Estereofonia "The doors light my fire - Joe Reisman" Stereo Magic" 8LPs VG USD $8.86 Buy It Now 19h 52m
CLEAN 1967 GOLD Orig The DOORS ~ Dark Psych JIM MORRISON ~ THE END LIGHT MY FIRE USD $47.00 [17 bids]
DOORS:Light My Fire 2:52-Love Me Two Times-U.S. 7" 72 PRC Philips Test Pressing USD $398.98 Buy It Now 22h
JOSE FELICIANO - Portrait The Best Of LP Telstar 1985 DOORS COVER light my fire USD $11.99 Buy It Now 23h 13m
The Doors Greatest Hits Cassette 1980 Electra 5C-5515 Ex Light My Fire LA Woman USD $6.62 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" 3-DISC BOX SET W/30-TRACKS EEC IMPORT RARE ST 3606 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
n21216 CD - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CD352036 - 1988 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS 13 HITS IN SHRINK VG 1970 LIGHT MY FIRE/STICKER USD $4.99 [0 bids]
VARIOUS - LIGHT MY FIRE - ROCK SALUTE TO DOORS (CD) RUNDGREN HOWE JOHANSEN... USD $1.50 [1 bids]
LP DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-1988 MELODIA USSR RUSSIA VERY RARE!!! MINT ARCHIVE OF POP USD $25.00 [0 bids]
DOORS Hello, I Love You - Light My Fire 7" 45 P/S JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA SJET-1129 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE CASSETTE SINGLE 1991 ISSUE USD $15.17 Buy It Now 1 day
NANCY HOLLOWAY LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) 7" VINYL VG *VERY RARE BULGARIAN EP* USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Ray Manzarek & Robby Krieger 2010 Live Light My Fire USA THE DOORS 2CD USD $18.00 [0 bids]
USD $24.00 Buy It Now
The Doors - The Doors incl. "The End" & "Light My Fire" USD $2.27 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 1979 ELEKTRA REISSUE 7-inch, company sleeve USD $1.50 [1 bids]
The Doors 7" 45 rpm Record Light My Fire The Crystal Dream Elektra EK-45615-B USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $8.84 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.69 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.69 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.69 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.69 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.69 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire ELEKTRA 45 USD $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS "BEST OF" USA PRESS CD LIGHT MY FIRE L.A. WOMAN BREAK ON THROUGH USD $6.05 [0 bids]
THE DOORS " LIGHT MY FIRE " THE GREATEST HITS - EPIC 1970 - MEXICAN - EP 7´' USD $19.20 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Light My Fire + Love Me Two Times (2 classic tracks) jukebox strip USD $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Lot of 3 45rpm Singles - Light My Fire / Hello, I Love You / Touch Me USD $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Love Me Two Times Light My Fire 45 Vinyl Record Classic Rock Morrison USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS Light My Fire 7" Edit B/w People Are Strange Pic Sleeve UK ISSUE PRESSED USD $7.95 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Touch Me Hello I Love You Light My Fire Me Two Times 45 PROMO Sleeves USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - CD Single USD $6.07 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 7" Record Store Day RSD 2010 Limited New ELEKTRA USD $17.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Jim Morrison Light My Fire 45rpm FRAMED w/ photo The Doors USD $9.95 [0 bids]
THE DOORS CD ALBUM DIGITALLY REMASTERED / LIGHT MY FIRE, + 11 MINUTE 'THE END' USD $3.02 [0 bids]
The Doors debut LP 1969 pressing Light My Fire Back Door Man USD $4.00 [1 bids]
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $5.61 Buy It Now 4 days
Light My Fire A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors cd NEW Sealed DREAM THEATER USD $9.95 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire - Scarce Mint 1991 Cd Single USD $10.60 Buy It Now 4 days
Re 45 The DOORS - Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times w/ Spun Gold strip EX USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $6.99 Buy It Now
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va (2014, CD New) USD $13.72 Buy It Now 4 days
ROBBY KRIEGER ORGANIZATION - RKO Live! CD - Doors Guitarist - Light My Fire ... USD $12.71 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Jose Feliciano - Feliciano! LP Light my Fire California Dreaming Beatles Doors USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (2-Disc CD) "Light My Fire" *COMPLETE* USD $13.67 Buy It Now 4 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $15.35 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $18.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ROCK 45 - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - US ORIG ELEKTRA 45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl USD $106.14 Buy It Now 4 days
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS:Light My Fire 6:30-Take It As It Comes-Crystal Ship-France7"Elektra EP PCV USD $264.98 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Live At The Hollywood Bowl CD NEW SEALED Light My Fire/Unknown Soldier USD $15.15 Buy It Now 5 days
? The Doors - 13 (green Butterfly Elektra 74079) (with "Light My Fire") ('70) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS Japan 1981 NM 7"45 LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO I LOVE YOU from OST USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 2:52 / LIGHT MY FIRE 6:52 45 RPM RECORD STORE DAY NEW USD $24.95 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA RECORDS VG++ USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA RECORDS MINT- USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS * Light My Fire * NEAR MINT * OLD STORE STOCK COPY 45 * USD $5.00 [0 bids]
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
TWO (2) 45 RPM / THE DOORS / LIGHT MY FIRE & PEOPLE ARE STRANGE / ELEKTRA USD $7.79 [0 bids]
THE DOORS VINYL LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON HELLO I LOVE YOU USD $1.50 [1 bids]
DOORS -the 13 Greatest Hits LP Record Vinyl NEAR MINT Best Of Light My Fire 1970 USD $13.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Light My Fire Music Cassette Single Elektra Label USD $3.79 Buy It Now 6 days
BEST OF THE DOORS Light My Fire, Break On Through, LA Woman 2 CD Set USD $3.98 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 60s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire N/MINT Jim Morrison USD $149.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Light My Fire/Break On Through 1968 45 Flexi Mono Single Rare USD $45.00 [0 bids]
Light My Fire [Single] by The Doors (CD, Jun-1992, Elektra (Label)) USD $1.99 [0 bids]
45 RPM Vinyl The Doors Light My Fire,The Crystal Ship Elektra Records 45SM7 USD $13.49 Buy It Now 6 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door / Va (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.35 Buy It Now 6 days
Best of Doors, 2 CDs 1985, Light My Fire, Riders On Storm, LA Woman, Two Times USD $4.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors digitally remastered CD NEW Light My Fire Break On Through The End USD $13.69 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire stereo and Mono Promo 7" Mint USD $18.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Rare 4" HIP POCKET Mini Flexi-Disc JIM MORRISON Light My Fire BREAK ON USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS RIDERS ON THE STORM LIGHT MY FIRE OOP UK PS RE BACK TO BACK ANTHEM USD $7.57 [0 bids]
DOORS Light My Fire 7" Vinyl JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA JET-1778 ORIGINAL 1ST SLEEVE USD $159.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - On Stage - HTF 1992 CD USD $19.55 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS ISRAELI ONLY 7" EP HEBREW PS light my fire +3 MICRO PRESS ISRAEL psych USD $240.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS S/T REMASTERED ELEKTRA GERMAN CD 1989 JIM MORRISON LIGHT MY FIRE USD $6.05 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS ep LIGHT MY FIRE + 3 mexico ID# 37014 PICTURE SLEEVE ELEKTRA 1486 EX+ USD $55.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors , Light My Fire , 3 Cd Set Live , EEC Import USD $65.00 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE M- $60.00 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, M- PS insert, w/ company sle USD $60.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU FRENCH 45 TEST PRESSING 7" USD $89.00 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors Elektra 45 Record #45615 VG+ Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $13.99 Buy It Now 10 days
MAE WEST GREAT BALLS OF FIRE NM '72 LP THE DOORS Light My Fire BILL HALEY SEDAKA USD $11.24 Buy It Now 10 days
Lot 2 The Doors 45s Records Hello I Love You People are Strange Light My Fire USD $20.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times" Electra Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $11.04 Buy It Now 10 days
LP l.a. woman (the workshop sessions)
THE DOORS
~ USD $26.14

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(71%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(14%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"