LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

45vinylrecord Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship (745vinylrecord Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship (7"/45 rpm)
Elektra Records
Vinyl$2.75 (used)
Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Audio CD$1,665.50 (used)
Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
The Doors - Light My Fire - Scarce Mint 1991 Cd Single USD $10.40 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va (2014, CD New) USD $13.13 Buy It Now 3h 45m
ROBBY KRIEGER ORGANIZATION - RKO Live! CD - Doors Guitarist - Light My Fire ... USD $14.95 Buy It Now 13h 17m
LP DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-1988 MELODIA USSR RUSSIA VERY RARE!!! MINT ARCHIVE OF POP USD $21.00 [0 bids]
Jose Feliciano - Feliciano! LP Light my Fire California Dreaming Beatles Doors USD $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 33m
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (2-Disc CD) "Light My Fire" *COMPLETE* USD $12.06 Buy It Now 14h 24m
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $13.83 Buy It Now 16h 44m
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $18.99 Buy It Now 16h 54m
ROCK 45 - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - US ORIG ELEKTRA 45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 42m
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl USD $104.13 Buy It Now 18h 27m
The DOORS - Light My Fire *Rare* JAPAN 3" CD single WMD5-4068 1991 USD $34.99 Buy It Now 18h 29m
Doors: Lot-4. 7" 45rpm. Light My Fire. Hello I Love You. And More. USD $6.69 [0 bids]
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Record Vinyl USD $74.38 Buy It Now 19h 9m
DOORS:Light My Fire 6:30-Take It As It Comes-Crystal Ship-France7"Elektra EP PCV USD $264.98 Buy It Now 20h 6m
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $9.99 [0 bids]
DOORS: Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 45 ('67 2nd pressing label, few light sleev USD $18.00 Buy It Now 21h 23m
? The Doors - 13 (green Butterfly Elektra 74079) (with "Light My Fire") ('70) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 22h 16m
DOORS Japan 1981 NM 7"45 LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO I LOVE YOU from OST USD $19.99 Buy It Now 23h 24m
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 2:52 / LIGHT MY FIRE 6:52 45 RPM RECORD STORE DAY NEW USD $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA RECORDS VG++ USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA RECORDS MINT- USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.65 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.65 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.65 Buy It Now 1 day
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.65 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.65 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors "Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship" Elektra 45 USD $1.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS. LIGHT MY FIRE/CRYSTAL SHIP SINGLE. RARE ELEKTRA LABEL. 1st PRESS. USD $20.00 [0 bids]
DOORS Light My Fire 7" Edit B/w People Are Strange Pic Sleeve UK ISSUE PRESSED USD $7.80 Buy It Now 1 day
CANADA 1980 GOLD STANDARD REC 45 RPM THE DOORS : LIGHT MY FIRE + PEOPLE ARE STRA USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light my fire CD single USD $2.23 [0 bids]
Best of Doors, 2 CDs 1985, Light My Fire, Riders On Storm, LA Woman, Two Times USD $4.50 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Light My Fire Music Cassette Single Elektra Label USD $3.72 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 60s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire N/MINT Jim Morrison USD $149.99 Buy It Now 2 days
45 RPM Vinyl The Doors Light My Fire,The Crystal Ship Elektra Records 45SM7 USD $12.59 Buy It Now 2 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door / Va (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.83 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS Light My Fire 7" Vinyl JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA JET-1778 ORIGINAL 1ST SLEEVE USD $159.99 [0 bids]
The Doors digitally remastered CD NEW Light My Fire Break On Through The End USD $13.57 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire stereo and Mono Promo 7" Mint USD $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS 4X7" 45s LIGHT MY FIRE LOVE ME TWO TIMES PEOPLE ARE STRANGE TOUCH ME EX!! USD $24.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire 7" Record Store Day RSD 2010 Limited New ELEKTRA USD $17.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE RARE MEXICAN PRESS ENCIENDE MI FUEGO JIM MORRISON ROCK USD $9.99 [0 bids]
BEST OF THE DOORS - 1973 QUADRAPHONIC LP - NM/NM in Shrinkwrap - Light My Fire! USD $10.00 [1 bids]
THE DOORS ISRAELI ONLY 7" EP HEBREW PS light my fire +3 MICRO PRESS ISRAEL psych USD $240.00 Buy It Now 4 days
WOODY HERMAN-HUSH & LIGHT MY FIRE Funk Jazz 45-CADET DJ #5634-DEEP PURPLE-DOORS USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS S/T REMASTERED ELEKTRA GERMAN CD 1989 JIM MORRISON LIGHT MY FIRE USD $5.94 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors , Light My Fire , 3 Cd Set Live , EEC Import USD $65.00 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE M- $60.00 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times 1972 ELEKTRA Spun Gold 45051 NM w/ Slv USD $8.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors-Light My Fire-Electra Spun Gold STEREO issue-NICE! USD $9.99 [0 bids]
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS - NEW CD USD $10.85 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, M- PS insert, w/ company sle USD $60.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Amii Stewart "Light My Fire" by The Doors...Disco Version & 137 Disco Heaven Mix USD $5.55 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU FRENCH 45 TEST PRESSING 7" USD $89.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Elektra 45 Record #45615 VG+ Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $13.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times" Electra Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $13.81 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS Light my fire Iranian press 7"Free shipping USD $75.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-4 TRACK CD-MADE IN GERMANY-1967/1991-JIM MORRISON USD $7.36 Buy It Now 7 days
NANCY HOLLOWAY LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) 7" VINYL VG+ *VERY RARE BULGARIAN EP* USD $35.00 Buy It Now 7 days
MAE WEST GREAT BALLS OF FIRE NM '72 LP THE DOORS Light My Fire BILL HALEY SEDAKA USD $11.24 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS-Mint Vinyl Re-Issue 45-Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times USD $7.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors Light My Fire CD CD352036 USD $18.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire VG(-) 45 RPM REISSUE USD $2.00 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS (2 CD) IN CONCERT : LIVE ~ LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END + JIM MORRISON 60's *NEW* USD $19.36 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" Vinyl. MINT CONDITION. LOW START PRICE USD $0.45 [0 bids]
LIGHT MY FIRE 60's Sheet music VARIOUS ARTISTS, THE DOORS,BOOKER T... USD $14.88 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s1889 USD $55.00 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $25.28 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, original PS insert, w/ compa USD $200.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times Spun Gold 45 Excellent !!! USD $4.00 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS: Hello, I Love You / Light My Fire 45 (Japan, PS 'backflaps' cover, Golde USD $40.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors 45 rpm Philippines 7" light my fire USD $45.00 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors - Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 7" VG+ condition USD $4.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" b/w "Crystal Ship" ELEKTRA 45 Red Black USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS light my fire JAPAN 3" inch CD Single MEGARARE! MINT 1991 USD $59.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $29.76 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire RARE PROMO LIMITED EDITION VINYL NEW!!! USD $16.99 Buy It Now 10 days
CD THE BEST OF THE DOORS **DOUBLE CD** **LIGHT MY FIRE** 31 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors 45 Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times Elektra Records #E-45051 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 Elektra EK-45615 1967 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL USD $9.66 Buy It Now 11 days
Door's - Light My Fire - Love Me Two Times - G - 45 RPM USD $2.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP SWEDEN 45 PS 7" USD $99.00 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE INC PEOPLE ARE STRANGE ELEKTRA 1991 USD $8.91 Buy It Now 11 days
Doors Greatest Hits w/ Light My Fire / Touch Me / LA Woman Vinyl LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS 1988 RUSSIA USSR IMPORT PSYCH LP NM on MELODIA ~ Light My Fire USD $19.99 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS Vinyl LP The Doors (incl Light My Fire (German Pressing) EX+ USD $26.77 Buy It Now 12 days
The Doors - Light my fire/ Hello, I love you RARE french pressing USD $64.00 Buy It Now 12 days
LIGHT MY FIRE CD - A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS (2014) - NEW UNOPENED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 12 days
RARE The DOORS Light My Fire elektra promo vinyl 7" USD $12.00 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS Spun Gold 45 LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES USD $9.77 Buy It Now 13 days
THE DOORS - Light my fire / people are strange - 7" single - EX USD $5.49 Buy It Now 13 days
LP l.a. woman (the workshop sessions)
THE DOORS
~ USD $26.03

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(71%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(14%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"