LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]
DoorsDoors
Strange DaysStrange Days
Soft ParadeSoft Parade
Rhino 2007
Future Starts Here: The Essential Doors HitsFuture Starts Here: The Essential Doors Hits
Rhino 2008
Behind closed doors, Charlie Rich, Good Vinyl US $7.90 Buy It Now 29m 40s
3 DOORS DOWN-WHEN I'M GONE 1-TRACK U.S. PROMO DJ CD CS398 US $8.49 Buy It Now 33m 15s
Away from the Sun by 3 Doors Down (CD, Nov-2002, Universal Distribution) US $0.99 [0 bids]
41m 34s
RSD 2011 The Doors LA Woman singles vinyl box set + poster LOW # US $49.99 Buy It Now 55m 14s
The Doors: Jim Morrison An American Prayer Cassette US $3.99 Buy It Now 55m 33s
(BE699) Opening Doors, Leni Ward - 2010 DJ CD US $4.60 Buy It Now 56m 49s
THE DOORS"GREATEST HITS" 1980 ELEKTRA SE-515 ORIG S/W US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Soft Parade by The Doors (CD, May-1988, Elektra (Label)) US $3.75 [0 bids]
JOHN FRED & PB BAND 'Open Doors/3 Deep' unplayed 1969 Promo 45 HEAR! US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
~~ The Doors ~ Greastest Hits ~ record ~ US $5.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 7" People Are Strange b/w Unhappy Girl VG+ with picture sleeve ps US $18.95 Buy It Now 1h 27m
SOUNDGARDEN before the doors live on 1-5 NEW Sealed 10" #'4207 RSD 2011 US $15.99 [0 bids]
The Light Under Closed Doors by The Swellers (Vinyl, Oct-2013, No Sleep Records) US $15.06 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Live at the Matrix '67 by The Doors (CD, Nov-2008, 2 Discs, Rhino (Label)) US $13.44 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Keeping the Doors Open (CD, Nov-2010, Sony Classical) US $6.46 Buy It Now 1h 37m
JIM MORRISON THE DOORS SIGNED A4 MOUNTED PHOTO ROCK LEGEND AUTOGRAPH US $10.86 Buy It Now 1h 38m
1983 The Doors - L.A. Woman LP Reissue Elektra ?- EKS 75011 EX/VG+ Jim Morrison US $15.25 [0 bids]
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-2000, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label US $9.36 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Waiting for the Sun~The Doors (CD)~Elektra 2012 Remaster~SEALED US $4.99 [0 bids]
3 doors down Away from the Sun [Australia CD] [Single] (CD, Apr-2004,... US $11.00 Buy It Now 2h 6m
The Doors Light My Fire/Crystal Ship 45rpm US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
The Doors Self Title 8-Track Tape US $3.00 [1 bids]
THE DOORS - THE SOFT PARADE / ELEKTRA CDN LP NM US $21.95 Buy It Now 2h 25m
THE DOORS - ALIVE, SHE CRIES - VINYL LP ALBUM RECORD - JIM MORRISON US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Morrison Hotel CD Latin America Edition NEW, NEVER OPEN US $3.24 [3 bids]
1960'S ROCK VINYL LP LOT DOORS YES IRON BUTTERFLY MOODY BLUES VG+ RECORDS US $5.99 [1 bids]
THE DOORS - THE SOFT PARADE - VINYL LP ALBUM RECORD - JIM MORRISON US $10.00 [7 bids]
THE DOORS - THE BEST OF - VINYL DOUBLE LP ALBUM RECORD - JIM MORRISON VG++ US $26.00 [5 bids]
THE Doors ?- 13 Vinyl Record US $2.99 [0 bids]
DOORS Alive She Cried LP Elektra 1983 60269 NICE VINYL! Psych Rock Acid US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
THE DOORS - L.A. WOMAN - VINYL LP ALBUM RECORD - ORIGINAL COVER! US $4.99 [5 bids]
THE DOORS - WAITING FOR THE SUN - VINYL LP ALBUM RECORD ORIGINAL GOLD LABEL! US $3.75 [2 bids]
The Doors Box Set by The Doors (USED) US $20.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Live at the Aquarius Theater First Performance NEW SEALED OOP RARE! US $40.00 [6 bids]
The Doors Backstage and Dangerous: The Private Rehearsal NEW SEALED OOP RARE! US $41.00 [6 bids]
Doors - CD [USG] US $5.17 Buy It Now 3h 22m
The Doors Concerto US $21.78 Buy It Now 3h 23m
LP, The Doors, Waiting For the Sun, EKS-74024 SP, Butterfly Label, NM US $22.00 Buy It Now 3h 28m
DOORS**DOORS **VINYL US $23.95 Buy It Now 3h 29m
Doors, LA Woman (Elektra EKS-75011) US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 34m
LOT OF 2 45'S RECORDS VINYL THE DOORS TOUCH ME AND DEREK AND THE DOMINOS LAYLA US $9.97 Buy It Now 3h 37m
the doors vinyl LP "the soft parade" US $25.00 [0 bids]
The Doors 45 Hello, I Love You Limited Edition K12215 US $9.97 Buy It Now 3h 48m
ERIC KLOSS - Doors ~ MUSE 5291 {nm} w/NEAL CREQUE, RON KRASINSKI, GENE TAYLOR US $17.99 Buy It Now 4h 2m
Doors 45 Hello, I Love You / Love Street (Rock) Listen EX US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Charlie Rich 'Behind Closed Doors' & 'Very Special Love Songs' Records #116 US $3.99 [0 bids]
The Doors AUTOGRAPHED LTD Signed 45RPM Infinite Vinyl LP Box Set- Jim Morrison US $459.00 Buy It Now 4h 21m
THE DOORS BEST OF THE DOORS Audiophile Promo 2-LP NEVER PLAYED US $75.00 [0 bids]
Sliding Doors (CD, Apr-1998, MCA (USA)) US $4.49 Buy It Now 4h 36m
Edie Adams / Behind Those Swingin Doors, Decca promo US $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 40m
45 RPM RECORD / CHARLIE RICH / I TAKE IT ON HOME & BEHIND CLOSED DOORS / NM NICE US $5.00 [0 bids]
Doors m- white label 7 Love Her Madly / Don't Go no Further US $24.99 [0 bids]
ROCK LP THE DOORS "ABSOLUTELY" 2lp Gatefold ELEKTRA (1970) US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 52m
lp THE DOORS "WAITING FOR THE SUN" EKS-74024 Stereo (1968) US $29.99 Buy It Now 4h 52m
3 Doors Down / Loser / Promo / Single / 2000 / USA / LN US $18.87 Buy It Now 4h 53m
THE DOORS LP " OTHER VOICES" ELK 42 104" ELEKTRA Stereo GERMAN PRESS (1971) NM US $21.99 Buy It Now 4h 53m
Radio Show: FLASHBACK! 10/16/00 ZZ TOP, BTO,TALKING HEADS, EAGLES, THE DOORS US $15.99 Buy It Now 4h 56m
New 3 DOORS DOWN Tour Dates 2014 No.002 Black Tee Shirt S M L XL 2XL US $20.88 Buy It Now 5h 2m
Essential Rarities [Remaster] by The Doors/new cd US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 3m
1 CENT CD: 'Buzzcuts DISC ONE' 16 songs 3 Doors Down + Sum 41 + Papa Roach ++ US $0.01 [1 bids]
1972 The DOORS Lp album FULL CIRCLE with ZOETROPE INSERT Ray Manzarek PLAYS EX US $29.95 Buy It Now 5h 19m
The Doors Debut Album Or Self Titled, MONO EKL-4007 Elektra 1967 US $7.49 [2 bids]
rare the doors live vol 2 cd australian US $18.70 Buy It Now 5h 25m
THE DOORS VINTAGE SATIN WALL TAPESTRY..22"x72"....NEVER DISPLAYED..MINT US $22.85 [0 bids]
ALBUM 1967 The Doors STRANGE DAYS Elektra Records EKS-74014B-2A US $22.99 Buy It Now 5h 31m
The Doors, 2 Classic Rock Albums US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Box Set and The Doors Movie US $15.00 [0 bids]
3 Doors Down by 3 Doors Down (CD, May-2008, Universal Republic) US $5.95 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Charlie Rich Behind Closed Doors LP (0024) US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 55m
THE DOORS The Soft Parade ELEKTRA LP US $12.95 Buy It Now 6h 14m
HEAR 70s pop rock KAREN KIRSCHENBAUM Closing My Doors BELL NM US $9.95 Buy It Now 6h 29m
Behind Closed Doors, Charlie Rich, Good Vinyl US $9.57 Buy It Now 6h 31m
Behind Closed Doors, Charlie Rich, Good Vinyl US $9.57 Buy It Now 6h 32m
THE DOORS debut self s/t EKL4007 Gold LP 1st '67 vinyl rare MONO first WOW rare! US $169.00 Buy It Now 6h 33m
3 DOORS DOWN Wings & Stars Logo Sticker NEW OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE Rock US $4.21 Buy It Now 6h 55m
THE DOORS Light My Fire RARE promo only 7 inch. Mono/Stereo Sides, Lizard King US $2.46 [0 bids]
The Better Life, 3 Doors Down, Good US $2.49 Buy It Now 7h 19m
The Doors, , Good US $2.00 Buy It Now 7h 28m
THE DOORS 2 CD ALBUM US $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 32m
The Doors/Captain Beefheart/Lothar & Hand People 1967 Family Dog Denver Postcard US $41.83 Buy It Now 7h 41m
"WHEN YOU'RE STRANGE" DOORS Soundtrack (CD 2010) Jim Morrison ***EXCELLENT*** US $3.88 Buy It Now 7h 44m
The Doors, Doors (The) (CD, May-1988, Elektra) US $8.00 Buy It Now 8h
Behind Closed Doors, Charlie Rich, Good Vinyl US $9.17 Buy It Now 8h 13m
THE DOORS Absolutely Live LIMITED ED 180G VINYL LP US $41.81 Buy It Now 8h 56m
THE DOORS " TOUCH ME " ELEKTRA 1969 - VERY RARE - GGOD - MEXICAN EP 7 " US $42.80 Buy It Now 8h 58m
Paul Anka Happier / Closing Doors 7" / UA 36 185 Germany PIC SLEEVE US $10.02 Buy It Now 8h 59m
The Doors - An Oliver Stone Film Doors German vinyl LP album record US $56.80 Buy It Now 9h 6m
Goldies Of 1968 Various Artists 8 TRACK Beatles The Doors Otis Redding US $3.95 [0 bids]
THE DOORS hello i love you won't you tell me . ELECTRA LABEL from NEW ZEALAND NZ US $19.99 [0 bids]
Doors self titled DCC 24kt Gold disc GZS 1023 US $38.99 Buy It Now 9h 40m
The Doors wraparound pictures Mug US $6.68 Buy It Now 9h 44m
THE DOORS LA WOMAN ISRAELI ISRAEL Lp unique PURPLE cover HEBREW PRINT N/MINT US $40.00 [0 bids]
Kid Acne - Sliding Doors - Lex Records - 2007 #258976 US $8.35 Buy It Now 10h 17m
The DOORS Apocalypse Now 'The End/Delta' Limited Edition 30 cm-45 rpm 12' Single US $12.75 Buy It Now 10h 28m
3 DOORS DOWN - SELF TITLED CD ~ IT'S NOT MY TIME +++ ( THREE ) *NEW* US $16.45 Buy It Now 10h 37m
THE DOORS - "SHIP W/SAILS" 1972 ORIG GERMAN PS 45 EX/EX US $21.99 Buy It Now 10h 43m
A Psych Tribute to the Doors [Digipak] by Various Artists (CD, Mar-2014,... US $10.72 Buy It Now 11h 34m
Morrison Hotel by The Doors (Vinyl, Oct-2012, Analogue Productions) US $53.06 Buy It Now 11h 34m
Opening Doors by Doug LaBrecque (CD, Apr-2005, Jay Records) US $11.34 Buy It Now 11h 35m
Classic Rock - VOL. 4 Cassette The Doors Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple US $12.99 Buy It Now 11h 42m

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(71%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(14%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Send comments to NotAProghead (BETA) | Report this review (#531691) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 24, 2011

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"