LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light my fireLight my fire
Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
DOORS Light My Fire /Break On Through 45 RPM Flexi Disc Hip Pocket Record HP 9DOORS Light My Fire /Break On Through 45 RPM Flexi Disc Hip Pocket Record HP 9
byfrm_me
Vinyl$59.99
Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times by DoorsLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times by Doors
Wea/Elektra Entertainment

The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $6.58 Buy It Now 2h 39m
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 5h 52m
DOORS Greatest Hits CD Hello I Love You, Light My Fire, Touch Me, Love Her Madly USD $2.49 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $62.61 Buy It Now 7h 54m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 10h 9m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 10h 11m
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $8.99 Buy It Now 10h 49m
The Doors - THE DOORS 'Light My Fire', 1988 CD, DUCHESSE label. Excellent USD $3.38 [0 bids]
The Doors 45 Light My Fire NM USD $3.25 [2 bids]
Promo Epic Silver Blue Light My Fire V+/V 45 RPM The Doors USD $20.00 Buy It Now 12h 49m
2 Doors Promo 45's Love Me Two Times/Moonlight Drive Light My Fire/ Crystal Ship USD $8.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 18h 14m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 19h 39m
THE DOORS Light My Fire 1991 UK 3-track 12" Vinyl Single EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $18.79 Buy It Now 22h 50m
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light my fire/The crystal ship 7" Italian JB WL PRO 45 1967 Psych USD $27.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors "Light My Fire" 1967 Elektra Records EK-45615 Rare Psych Rock 45 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
AMII STEWART "LIGHT MY FIRE" 7" VINYL SINGLE RECORD 1979 THE DOORS FUNK SOUL POP USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best of The Doors Double Play Cassette Tape Jim Morrison End Light My Fire USD $4.74 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors "S/T" w/ Break On Through, Light My Fire, The End, Soul Kitchen USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire Vinyl ?60 26467 007 USD $5.50 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Hello RARE 7" PROMO Test Pressing ELEKTRA ARCHIVE 1973 USD $199.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS: Light My Fire + 3-Mexico 7" 1968 Elektra EPE- 1486 EP First Edition ASL USD $64.98 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship - ELEKTRA 45 RPM 7" VINYL USD $14.95 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS MEGA RARE ISRAELI 7" LIGHT MY FIRE ISRAEL ONLY EP-IE 1022 VG+ 4 TRACKS USD $300.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $8.49 Buy It Now 2 days
1/6/91 Pgn54 Advert: The Doors light My Fire B/w People Are Strange 15x5 USD $8.76 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE LP VINYL RARE MINT RUSSIAN PRESS COMPILATION, LP UNPLAYED USD $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (rare pink Elektra label) USD $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 12 INCH 45 RPM EKR125 (T) RECORD USD $20.04 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - Light My Fire, Russian pressing, NM, 1991 USD $25.07 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of the Doors - 2 CD Set - Light My Fire, Break On Through, L.A. Woman USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 1991 UK 3-track 12" Vinyl Single INCLUDING FREE POSTER USD $15.03 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS DCC GOLD CD BRAND NEW SEALED JIM MORRISON 1967 PSYCH LIGHT MY FIRE USD $149.99 Buy It Now 3 days
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $9.81 Buy It Now 3 days
Jim Morrison Light My Fire LARGE Black T Shirt BNWOT The Doors USD $12.52 [0 bids]
Russia LP Doors-Light My fire-/USSR,Like New,UNPLAYED!Rare!Russian Press! USD $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $4.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $87.73 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $11.96 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 9 LP LOT w LIGHT MY FIRE, WAITING FOR THE SUN, L.A. WOMAN, SOFT PARADE USD $65.99 [15 bids]
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS Light My Fire MEXICAN EP Enciende Mi Fuego BACK DOOR MAN Hello I Love You USD $19.00 [0 bids]
CHAQUITO LP ORG 1st PRESS PHILIPS HOLLAND LIGHT MY FIRE COVER By THE DOORS LATIN USD $1.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" THAI RECORDS 7" EP ++RARE++ USD $9.99 [0 bids]
ELEKTRA 45 RECORD/THE DOORS/LIGHT MY FIRE/CRYSTAL SHIP/ VG+ USD $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
RARE FRENCH EP THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE USD $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors LiGHT MY FiRE / The Crystal Dream 7" single 45 rpm Elektra EK-45615 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $75.20 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / Cassette Album Tape / UK 1991 Single / 4308 USD $8.76 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS 1ST ALBUM 2007 REMASTER LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $5.00 [0 bids]
2 45's 1 Price, Doors, Light My Fire EKS 45051 / Touch Me ESK 45052, Elektra USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $9.79 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS CD Classic 1967 Debut Light My Fire, Soul Kitchen, Break On Through USD $2.49 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 7" PIC. SL JUKEBOX ISSUE EXC USD $7.51 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Jim Morrison 1991 single vintage ad Light My Fire. Primal Scream. USD $16.28 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS - Light my fire unique cover Russia issue LP Melodiya USSR 1988 USD $18.31 Buy It Now 6 days
The DOORS Light My Fire Russian LP USD $13.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Vintage Doors*13*Elektra Records 1970 Light My Fire USD $19.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS-LOVE ME TWO TIMES/LIGHT MY FIRE-ELEKTRA 45051-xlent/xlent USD $4.95 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire ~ Vintage Hip Pocket Records Mini 45 rpm USD $2.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS ~ Light My Fire ~ rare Canadian garage/psych ~ ELEKTRA USD $39.00 Buy It Now 6 days
NEW CHARTBUSTERS - HAIR GALT MacDERMOT LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS - LP USD $22.76 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ROCK 45 Vinyl Record PINK LABEL USD $8.95 Buy It Now 7 days
JOSE FELICIANO EP MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 * LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) * USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS Set Of 3 Orig 60s Stock Psych 45s Jim Morrison Touch Me Light My Fire Rock USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $10.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 7" UK USD $11.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors ?- Light My Fire = ????? ?? ??? ????? LP vinyl USD $22.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Light My Fire The Doors USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
TINA Tu m'as bien trop...(THE DOORS, Light my fire) CANADA 1969 FRENCH PSYCH 45 USD $18.67 Buy It Now 8 days
JOSE FELICIANO LIGHT MY FIRE ( doors) / QUE SERA old gold 9855 EX+........ 45rpm USD $8.15 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $16.99 Buy It Now 9 days
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $29.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS Hello, I Love You Light My Fire 7" 45 P/S JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA SJET-1129 ^ USD $49.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors Self Titled CD 1967 Light My Fire Jim Morrison Made In Australia USD $17.52 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_J3a USD $37.42 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" 1ST DEBUT ALBUM REISSUE CASSETTE TAPE DUCHESSE 1989 USD $25.06 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE RARE 12" PICTURE DISC PROMO JAPAN (THE BEST OF LP) NM USD $169.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors, Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times ~ NM Spun Gold 45 +sleeve USD $3.77 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS 1988 RUSSIA USSR IMPORT PSYCH LP NM on MELODIA ~ Light My Fire USD $29.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire (Doors) / Que Sera - Old Gold OG9855 Ex Condition USD $5.47 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times - Vinyl 45 rpm - Elektra Oldies VG++ USD $11.88 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-Crystal Ship-Sweden 7" 68 MO Metronome Records J45- 788 PSL USD $124.98 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(75%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released on CD only on quite rare now 1991 promo. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"