LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Audio CD$19.95 (used)
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
The Doors Light My Fire/Break On Through 1968 45 Flexi Mono Single Rare USD $45.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire 1967 45 Single Rare Pink Label USD $4.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $5.57 Buy It Now 3h 17m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $5.57 Buy It Now 3h 17m
RECORD THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE Russian Album NM USD $29.99 Buy It Now 10h 18m
The Doors: Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship 45 with Elektra Sleeve USD $9.00 Buy It Now 15h 43m
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va (2014, CD New) USD $13.33 Buy It Now 22h 43m
The Doors "Light My FIre" 45-Single Elektra Records Flip side The Crystal Ship USD $1.99 [0 bids]
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE c/w LOVE ME TWO TIMES" MONSTER 60's SOUND LISTEN! USD $13.67 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (2-Disc CD) "Light My Fire" *COMPLETE* USD $14.47 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS: LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES rare ELEKTRA 45 clean VG+ USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $13.07 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROCK 45 - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - US ORIG ELEKTRA 45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors by The Doors Stereo Red Label LP EKS-74007 Jim Morrison Light my Fire USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - RARE SOVIET PSYCH LP USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Record Vinyl USD $106.41 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire 7" Record Store Day RSD 2010 Limited New ELEKTRA USD $17.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Record Vinyl USD $76.00 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW CHARTBUSTERS HAIR GALT MacDERMOT LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS PSYCH FUNK UK LP 69 USD $22.79 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS:Light My Fire 6:30-Take It As It Comes-Crystal Ship-France7"Elektra EP PCV USD $264.98 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS: Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 45 ('67 2nd pressing label, few light sleev USD $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
? The Doors - 13 (green Butterfly Elektra 74079) (with "Light My Fire") ('70) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS Japan 1981 NM 7"45 LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO I LOVE YOU from OST USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors 45 Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times (Psych) Listen EX USD $2.00 [0 bids]
USD $4.00 Buy It Now
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 2:52 / LIGHT MY FIRE 6:52 45 RPM RECORD STORE DAY NEW USD $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA RECORDS VG++ USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA RECORDS MINT- USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Amii Stewart "Light My Fire" by The Doors...Disco Version & 137 Disco Heaven Mix USD $5.55 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - Light My Fire - 4 track cd-single Germany - 1991 Jim Morrison live USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Light My Fire Russian LP 1990 USD $38.01 [0 bids]
THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors 1985 Elektra Canadian press LIGHT MY FIRE Jim Mo USD $4.99 [0 bids]
DOORS "LOVE ME TWO TIMES c/w LIGHT MY FIRE" MONSTER 60's PHSYC LISTEN! USD $13.67 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors-Light My Fire-45 RPM,1967,Elektra-Psychedelic Rock/Classic Rock USD $2.10 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire VG(-) 45 RPM REISSUE USD $2.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Light My Fire Music Cassette Single Elektra Label USD $4.56 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 60s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire N/MINT Jim Morrison USD $149.99 Buy It Now 3 days
A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Light My Fire Mexican Edition CD USD $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
45 RPM Vinyl The Doors Light My Fire,The Crystal Ship Elektra Records 45SM7 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Re 45 The DOORS - Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times w/ Spun Gold strip VG++ USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $6.99 Buy It Now
DOORS Light My Fire Orig AUSTRALIA Astor RARE Nice 1967 PSYCH Jim Morrison 45 USD $39.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS CD (1ST ALBUM) 11 TRACKS 1988 ELEKTRA 74007-2 LIGHT MY FIRE, THE END USD $4.00 [0 bids]
USD $6.00 Buy It Now
The Doors digitally remastered CD NEW Light My Fire Break On Through The End USD $13.92 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 7 LP LOT w LIGHT MY FIRE, MORRISON HOTEL, LIVE IN EUROPE DVD USD $28.00 [10 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire stereo and Mono Promo 7" Mint USD $18.39 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS / LIGHT MY FIRE / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE / ELEKTRA 45 PICTURE COVER USD $6.95 [0 bids]
The Doors 45 rpm Philippines 7" light my fire USD $45.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The MIKE FLOWERS POP Wonderwall oasis Light My Fire doors cd singles USD $12.95 [0 bids]
The Doors 45 RPM Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship Elektra Sleeve 45615 USD $3.99 [0 bids]
Baccara, Light my fire (Doors) 11:40, Disco, German RCA PL28330, 1978 USD $19.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Soundtrack CD NEW SEALED Riders On The Storm/Light My Fire/LA Woman+ USD $7.59 Buy It Now 4 days
Lot 2 The Doors 45s Records Hello I Love You People are Strange Light My Fire USD $4.50 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE b/w CRYSTAL SHIP "GIRL" YELLOW ELEKTRA 45 USD $17.50 [0 bids]
The Doors ?- Light My Fire 1st Press 1988 USSR LP Love Spirit Jim Morrison USD $28.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire b/w Crystal Ship" Original 1967 US 45RPM 7" Rock Single USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Riders On The Storm b/w Light My Fire 1981 45RPM Import 7" Rock Single USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS ISRAELI ONLY 7" EP HEBREW PS light my fire +3 MICRO PRESS ISRAEL psych USD $240.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire (mono & stereo) Rhino reissue promo 7" M- USD $7.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS DEBUT ALBUM 180 GRAM VINYL MONO MIX LIGHT MY FIRE ORIGINAL MIX MINT USD $38.01 Buy It Now 5 days
AMII STEWART DISCO LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS AM I LOSING YOU RED VINYL 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS S/T REMASTERED ELEKTRA GERMAN CD 1989 JIM MORRISON LIGHT MY FIRE USD $6.07 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors - Light My Fire 1967 UK 45 ELEKTRA USD $6.07 [2 bids]
VALLI Light my fire Rare Ltd 7 80s Girl Pop Synth Doors Listen USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS light my fire ( rock ) - russia - USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times NM Spun Gold 45 PROMO stamped USD $9.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Psych/Garage Original Elektra NM Beauty!! USD $22.00 Buy It Now 6 days
the doors 13 nm incl light my fire; roadhouse blues, hello I love you USD $21.47 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors In Concert Live 2 CD Jim Morrison Light My Fire Celebration of Lizard USD $1.49 [0 bids]
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE RARE ONLY RUSSIAN PRESS LP LENINGRAD MINT USD $9.00 [0 bids]
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS - NEW CD USD $11.38 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS: Light My Fire/the Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, M- PS insert, w/ company sleev USD $65.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times" Electra Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $14.36 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS- Best of 2-CD (1985 Fatbox) Greatest Hits/Jim Morrison/Light My Fire USD $9.02 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors Elektra 45 Record #45615 VG+ Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $13.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS SHEET MUSIC BOOK. LIGHT MY FIRE ETC USD $5.53 [0 bids]
DOORS GREATEST HITS~VG++/NM-~SHRINK~LYRIC INSERT~INNER~MORRISON~LIGHT MY FIRE USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $13.00 Buy It Now
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-4 TRACK CD-MADE IN GERMANY-1967/1991-JIM MORRISON USD $7.55 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS-Mint Vinyl Re-Issue 45-Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times USD $7.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Doors : Light my fire CD USD $4.31 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors - Light my fire CD single USD $2.28 [0 bids]
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors "LIGHT MY FIRE" 1967, Alternate Picture sleeve.! Beautiful MINT..! USD $24.95 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - Greatest Hits - 1980 CASSETTE VG++ CANADA (Light My Fire / LA Woman USD $4.95 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
4 THE DOORS Cassette Tapes! Hello I Love You, Light My Fire, Break On Through, + USD $12.87 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS (2 CD) IN CONCERT : LIVE ~ LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END + JIM MORRISON 60's *NEW* USD $19.87 Buy It Now 10 days
LIGHT MY FIRE 60's Sheet music VARIOUS ARTISTS, THE DOORS,BOOKER T... USD $15.20 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s1889 USD $55.00 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $25.83 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS 2xCassette TAPES Classics / The Best Of The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE Jim USD $8.88 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS: Hello, I Love You / Light My Fire 45 (Japan, PS 'backflaps' cover, Golde USD $40.00 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" b/w "Crystal Ship" ELEKTRA 45 Red Black USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors - Debut Album 180g HQ LP NEW! SEALED! Light My Fire USD $24.88 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $30.41 Buy It Now 11 days
CD THE BEST OF THE DOORS **DOUBLE CD** **LIGHT MY FIRE** 31 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Woody Herman 45 HUSH / LIGHT MY FIRE (Doors) ~ Cadet VG++ soul USD $3.28 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors 45 Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times Elektra Records #E-45051 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
LP l.a. woman (the workshop sessions) ~ USD $27.83

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(71%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(14%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Send comments to NotAProghead (BETA) | Report this review (#531691) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 24, 2011

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"