LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light my fireLight my fire
DOORS Light My Fire /Break On Through 45 RPM Flexi Disc Hip Pocket Record HP 9DOORS Light My Fire /Break On Through 45 RPM Flexi Disc Hip Pocket Record HP 9
byfrm_me
Vinyl$59.99
Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times by DoorsLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times by Doors
Wea/Elektra Entertainment
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
Vinyl$17.99 (used)

DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
The Doors - Light My Fire, Russian pressing, NM, 1991 USD $24.30 Buy It Now 8h 49m
Doors Light My Fire / The Unknown Soldier UK 45 USD $5.10 [0 bids]
The Doors Greatest Hits LIGHT MY FIRE 1980 Vinyl Record Ex+/N/M USD $6.98 [1 bids]
The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra Vinyl Record Rock 60s USD $8.00 Buy It Now 16h 34m
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - RARE 7" 45 VINYL RECORD 1967 USD $22.25 Buy It Now 17h 2m
AMII STEWART "LIGHT MY FIRE" 7" VINYL SINGLE RECORD 1979 THE DOORS FUNK SOUL POP USD $3.49 Buy It Now 23h 41m
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Hello RARE 7" PROMO Test Pressing ELEKTRA ARCHIVE 1973 USD $199.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The DOORS Light My Fire Russian LP USD $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS: Light My Fire + 3-Mexico 7" 1968 Elektra EPE- 1486 EP First Edition ASL USD $64.98 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS MEGA RARE ISRAELI 7" LIGHT MY FIRE ISRAEL ONLY EP-IE 1022 VG+ 4 TRACKS USD $300.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Door's light my fire 12 inch import Jim Morrison USD $19.99 [0 bids]
2-The DOORS Light My Fire The Crystal Ship Elektra 45rpm Vinyl Changeling lv rm USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $8.49 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors "S/T" w/ Break On Through, Light My Fire, The End, Soul Kitchen USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 1 day
3 FOR 1 THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA 45615 1967 LIGHT FIRE GOLD LOVE HER USD $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - Doors REMASTERED LIGHT MY FIRE THE CRYSTAL SHIP USD $3.77 Buy It Now 2 days
BEST OF THE DOORS - GREATEST HITS U.S. CD 1996 LIGHT MY FIRE RIDERS ON THE STORM USD $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
BEST OF THE DOORS U.S. 2CD 1985 19 TRKS GREATEST HITS JIM MORRISON LIGHT MY FIRE USD $19.95 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - The Doors JAPAN CD Mint W/OBI 20P2-2344 Light My Fire #117-1 USD $18.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - Light My Fire Vinyl ?60 26467 007 USD $5.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Promo Epic Silver Blue Light My Fire V+/V 45 RPM The Doors USD $12.56 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship - ELEKTRA 45 RPM 7" VINYL USD $14.95 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $11.21 Buy It Now 2 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $89.52 Buy It Now 2 days
Russia LP Doors-Light My fire-/USSR,Like New,UNPLAYED!Rare!Russian Press! USD $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS Light My Fire USSR Pressing Rare LP STEREO USD $2.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 12 INCH 45 RPM EKR125 (T) RECORD USD $12.65 Buy It Now 3 days
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $5.05 Buy It Now 3 days
Elektra 45615 The Doors / "Light My Fire" / Rock & Roll / Psychedelic/ 45RPM USD $9.95 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (rare pink Elektra label) USD $7.95 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $23.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Light My Fire [7" single,1967.Elektra] Rock / Psychedelic Rock 45 USD $6.44 Buy It Now 3 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $76.73 Buy It Now 3 days
++DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE LP VINYL RARE MINT RUSSIAN PRESS COMPILATION, LP UNPLAYED USD $22.09 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $63.89 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / Cassette Album Tape / UK 1991 Single / 4308 USD $8.94 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS MOVIE SOUNDTRACK 1991 CD ELEKTRA CANADA LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH USD $1.48 [0 bids]
USD $2.97 Buy It Now
2 45's 1 Price, Doors, Light My Fire EKS 45051 / Touch Me ESK 45052, Elektra USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS S/T LIGHT MY FIRE rare ISRAELI LP USD $60.00 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS " Light My Fire Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $9.79 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 7" PIC. SL JUKEBOX ISSUE EXC USD $7.66 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors - THE DOORS 'Light My Fire', 1988 CD, DUCHESSE label. Excellent USD $3.45 [0 bids]
LOT OF 4 ' THE DOORS ' HIT 45's+1P(Copy)[Light My Fire] THE 60's! USD $6.99 [0 bids]
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Vintage Doors*13*Elektra Records 1970 Light My Fire USD $19.95 Buy It Now 5 days
NEAR MINT The DOORS 1967 self titled 1st album 1979 press Light My Fire PLAYS EX USD $39.95 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS ~ Light My Fire ~ rare Canadian garage/psych ~ ELEKTRA USD $37.05 Buy It Now 5 days
NEW CHARTBUSTERS - HAIR GALT MacDERMOT LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS - LP USD $22.19 Buy It Now 5 days
Doors - Light My Fire = ????? ?? ??? ????? /Lp vinyl records USD $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - Light My Fire 1991 RARE 4-trk CD SINGLE USD $6.38 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - Self Titled / Same CD -1988 -Inc Break On Through & Light My Fire USD $3.54 Buy It Now 6 days
JOSE FELICIANO EP MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 * LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) * USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS Set Of 3 Orig 60s Stock Psych 45s Jim Morrison Touch Me Light My Fire Rock USD $14.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record + juke box strip RARE! USD $22.33 Buy It Now 6 days
Doors Elektra 45615 "LIGHT MY FIRE" (GREAT ROCK N ROLL) USD $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Best of the Doors 1985 Electra 2-CD Set Light My Fire, Hello I Love You LA Woman USD $3.00 [0 bids]
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $10.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS / LIGHT MY FIRE + 2 / RARE MEXICO 45 PICTURE COVER USD $19.95 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 7" UK USD $11.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Light My Fire The Doors USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
TINA Tu m'as bien trop...(THE DOORS, Light my fire) CANADA 1969 FRENCH PSYCH 45 USD $18.58 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors - Light My Fire / Crystal Ship - 45 RPM Electra EK-45615 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE/LOVE ME TWO TIMES CD SINGLE - SHIPPING DISCOUNT OFFER! USD $1.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me 2 Times SPUN GOLD 45 RPM RECORD NM USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS 7" Record Store Day Promo LIGHT MY FIRE Stereo & Mono Jim Morrison RSD USD $45.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS-LOVE ME TWO TIMES/LIGHT MY FIRE-ELEKTRA 45051-xlent/xlent USD $4.95 Buy It Now 7 days
%% DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE LP VINYL RARE MINT RUSSIAN PRESS COMPILATION, LP UNPLAYED USD $49.99 Buy It Now 7 days
%% DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE LP VINYL RARE MINT RUSSIAN PRESS COMPILATION, MINT USD $49.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS 1ST ALBUM 2007 REMASTER LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $5.10 [0 bids]
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $16.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $29.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS Hello, I Love You Light My Fire 7" 45 P/S JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA SJET-1129 ^ USD $49.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Doors?- Light My Fire = ????? ?? ??? ????? LP USD $8.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Doors?- Light My Fire = ????? ?? ??? ????? LP USD $18.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors Self Titled CD 1967 Light My Fire Jim Morrison Made In Australia USD $17.08 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_J3a USD $36.48 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" 1ST DEBUT ALBUM REISSUE CASSETTE TAPE DUCHESSE 1989 USD $12.78 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 60s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire EX JIM MORRISON 45 USD $129.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Light My Fire-Classi - Classic Rock Salute to the Door / Light My Fire - Various USD $15.51 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS 1988 RUSSIA USSR IMPORT PSYCH LP NM on MELODIA ~ Light My Fire USD $29.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire (Doors) / Que Sera - Old Gold OG9855 Ex Condition USD $5.26 Buy It Now 10 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(75%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released on CD only on quite rare now 1991 promo. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"