LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Audio CD$57.98 (used)
Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $11.05 Buy It Now 8h 37m
The Doors Seld-Titled CD NEW SEALED Remastered Light My Fire/Break On Through+ USD $7.66 Buy It Now 17h 41m
THE BEST OF THE DOORS CASSETTE TAPE ELECTRA/ASYLUM RECORDS 1985 LIGHT MY FIRE USD $7.99 Buy It Now 18h 14m
Amii Stewart "Light My Fire" by The Doors...Disco Version & 137 Disco Heaven Mix USD $3.00 Buy It Now 18h 48m
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES. RARE U.S. ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD SINGLE USD $1.52 [1 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ROCK 45 VG+ Elektra 45615 PINK LABEL USD $18.95 Buy It Now 21h 4m
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ROCK 45 Elektra 45615 USD $8.95 Buy It Now 21h 16m
45 RPM Vinyl The Doors Light My Fire,The Crystal Ship Elektra Records 45SM7 USD $13.49 Buy It Now 21h 17m
THE DOORS The Doors (CD 1988) BREAK ON THROUGH Light My Fire THE END USD $2.30 [0 bids]
RARE 45 - THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE /THE CRYSTAL SHIP Pyshc Rock Listen USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door / Va (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.19 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS: Light My Fire ~ RARE 1968 FRENCH VOGUE PS ~ psych USD $10.50 [9 bids]
DOORS FIRST ALBUM MONO GOLD LABEL light my fire 1ST PRESS USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times" Electra Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $13.81 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors digitally remastered CD NEW Light My Fire Break On Through The End USD $12.52 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire stereo and Mono Promo 7" Mint USD $18.59 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS-2 LP'S-S/T (LIGHT MY FIRE)-WAITING FOR THE SUN-EARLY PRESSINGS-GOLD USD $19.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.65 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.65 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.65 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.65 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.65 Buy It Now 1 day
3 FOR 1 THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA 45615 1967 LIGHT FIRE GOLD LOVE HER USD $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors Light My Fire Vinyl USD $15.35 [0 bids]
The Doors Vinyl LP Record. Elektra EKS-74007. Break on Through, Light my Fire USD $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP EK-45615 ORIGINAL ELECTRA LABEL. VG+ USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Love Me Two Times & Light My Fire On Elektra Spun Gold 45 Record USD $16.19 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors S/T LP, Light My Fire USD $6.00 [0 bids]
USD $11.00 Buy It Now
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.29 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.29 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.29 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.29 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.29 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS Light My Fire 7" Vinyl JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA JET-1778 ORIGINAL 1ST SLEEVE USD $159.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS : THE BEST OF THE DOORS 2 CD FAT BOX THE END LIGHT MY FIRE RIDERS USD $9.67 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE CASSETTE SINGLE 1991 ISSUE USD $15.35 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS light my fire RARE CD LIVE 1968-1970 in LA,NY,Boston,Philadelphia... USD $32.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS S/T REMASTERED ELEKTRA GERMAN CD 1989 JIM MORRISON LIGHT MY FIRE USD $6.13 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE 12" VINYL *RARE* LTD EDITION w/POSTER USD $29.90 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS self-titled s/t album 8 track tape Elektra ET-84007 End Light My Fire USD $14.50 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire/Break On Through 1968 45 Flexi Mono Single Rare USD $45.00 [0 bids]
LIGHT MY FIRE 60's Sheet music VARIOUS ARTISTS, THE DOORS,BOOKER T... USD $12.28 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE M- $60.00 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times [Single] [7 inch Vinyl Disc] by Doors (The)... USD $2.50 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors debut LP 1980s pressing Light My Fire Back Door Man USD $4.00 [1 bids]
The Doors 7" 45 , Light My Fire, OLD ELEKTRA LABEL, The Crystal Ship,love street USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors 45 records lot 1,Classic Rock,8 total,Light My Fire and more! USD $9.95 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE/ CRYSTAL SHIP (DUTCH ELEKTRA HV 2097) 7"PS'67 N/MINT USD $29.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS- Light my Fire/People are Strange- 7" - 45RPM - EKR125- 1967 USD $1.52 [1 bids]
THE DOORS - RIDERS ON THE STORM / LIGHT MY FIRE 7" OLD GOLD VINYL USD $13.04 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU FRENCH 45 TEST PRESSING 7" USD $89.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire RARE PROMO Record Store Day RSD LIMITED EDITION VINYL USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors by The Doors 1970 Vinyl Elektra Records Lizard King Light My Fire USD $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-4 TRACK CD-MADE IN GERMANY-1967/1991-JIM MORRISON USD $6.79 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES 7" 45 EX USD $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" / "LOVE ME TWO TIMES" 7" 45rpm USD $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors The Crystal Ship b/w Light My Fire Elektra EK-45615 45 Girl Lbl TESTED USD $19.99 [0 bids]
USD $30.00 Buy It Now
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" 1971 ELEKTRA Records 7" vinyl single USD $3.84 [0 bids]
THE DOORS lot L.A. Women - 1971 13 - 1970 Jim Morrison Light my Fire USD $0.72 [0 bids]
Rock 45 The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS: self-titled (1st) cassette VG+ Morrison "Light My Fire" USD $5.40 Buy It Now 6 days
Doors - Light My Fire, Russian Melodiya press USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
45 RECORD 7" SINGLE - THE DOORS- LIGHT MY FIRE USD $5.39 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS, "Light My Fire"/"Love Me Two Times" NEW 45rpm USD $9.98 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS (2 CD) IN CONCERT : LIVE ~ LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END + JIM MORRISON 60's *NEW* USD $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $26.09 Buy It Now 7 days
The DOORS, German 45 w/Picture Sleeve, LIGHT MY FIRE / The Crystal Ship, hit-ton USD $125.00 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Sweden w/ PS close to M-, centre in USD $75.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS 2xCassette TAPES Classics / The Best Of The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE Jim USD $8.88 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors s/t DCC Gold Disc Steve Hoffman Light My Fire USD $75.00 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $30.71 Buy It Now 8 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors by Various Artists (CD,... USD $12.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 9 days
Doors-The Crystal Ship/Light My Fire-Elektra Records USD $2.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL USD $9.96 Buy It Now 9 days
Best of Doors, 2 CDs 1985, Light My Fire, Riders On Storm, LA Woman, Two Times USD $4.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP SWEDEN 45 PS 7" USD $99.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE INC PEOPLE ARE STRANGE ELEKTRA 1991 USD $6.13 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS 1988 RUSSIA USSR IMPORT PSYCH LP NM on MELODIA ~ Light My Fire USD $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - UK 1967 Elektra 7" vinyl single USD $19.94 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors Light My Fire 7" Single Big A - EX USD $15.34 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire M- 45 RPM REISSUE USD $5.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Lot 2 The Doors 45s Records Hello I Love You People are Strange Light My Fire USD $10.00 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS ep LIGHT MY FIRE + 3 mexico ID# 37014 PICTURE SLEEVE ELEKTRA 1486 EX+ USD $55.00 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Scarce Mint 1991 Cd Single USD $9.20 Buy It Now 11 days
n21216 CD - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CD352036 - 1988 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $25.00 Buy It Now 11 days
OST ALTERED STATES 7" PS JAPAN THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE promo L381 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS Original Soundtrack Recording: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman++ USD $3.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS CD Jim Morrison Light My Fire Break on Through USD $4.00 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire ELEKTRA 45 USD $9.00 Buy It Now 12 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(71%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(14%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"