LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Audio CD$14.20 (used)
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Doors: Light My fire / The crystal ship. Swedish issue USD $15.50 [3 bids]
5h
THE DOORS DEBUT ALBUM CD BREAK ON THROUGH THE END LIGHT MY FIRE ALABAMA CRYSTAL USD $5.78 Buy It Now 6h 8m
3 FOR 1 THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA 45615 1967 LIGHT FIRE GOLD LOVE HER USD $16.99 Buy It Now 6h 34m
THE DOORS light my fire JAPAN 45 PS USD $9.99 [1 bids]
9h
The Doors ~45~ Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ~ Elektra 45615 ~ M- USD $8.95 Buy It Now 10h 15m
THE DOORS 1988 RUSSIA USSR IMPORT PSYCH LP NM on MELODIA ~ Light My Fire USD $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 41m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.86 Buy It Now 18h 27m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.86 Buy It Now 18h 39m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.86 Buy It Now 19h 18m
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $3.59 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS 7" SINGLE PROMO LIGHT MY FIRE / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE 1991 ELECTRA LABEL USD $5.78 [0 bids]
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 1 day
n21216 CD - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CD352036 - 1988 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors/Light My Fire+ 1 (Japan 3" CD/SEALED) USD $159.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD - 1970'S USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CD SINGLE - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE USD $1.45 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 2xCassette TAPES Classics / The Best Of The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE Jim USD $8.88 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS CD Jim Morrison Light My Fire Break on Through USD $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors , remastered cd album- debut 1968 release ft Light My Fire USD $8.21 Buy It Now 2 days
VALLI Light my fire Rare Ltd 7 80s Girl Pop Synth Doors Listen USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" 1991 WEA RECORDS 7" single PSYCH / GARAGE- ROCK USD $1.43 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 1991 UK PRESS 3 TRACK 12" VINYL RECORD EP EX/EX USD $5.21 [4 bids]
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 1967 ELEKTRA EKS-74007 Stereo Light My Fire w/Gold Label Record Album USD $21.95 [0 bids]
ODD Vintage Ford Philco Hip Pocket 4" The Doors Record Light My Fire Break On USD $17.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times USA 7" Elektra Spun Gold jukebox USD $9.11 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE Elektra UK later pr 45 EX USD $7.23 Buy It Now 3 days
JOSE FELICIANO LIGHT MY FIRE ( doors) / QUE SERA old gold 9855 EX+........ 45rpm USD $9.41 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS: Light My Fire (Rare Japanese issue) USD $1.43 [1 bids]
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS 45615 G/-VG USD $2.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS The Doors HQ 180g US Vinyl LP Sealed Light My Fire Morrison Hotel USD $28.76 [0 bids]
THE DOORS CD.LIGHT MY FIRE.JIM MORRISON..RARE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Soundtrack CD NEW SEALED Riders On The Storm/Light My Fire/LA Woman+ USD $7.23 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Greatest Hits CD Hello I Love You, Light My Fire, Touch Me, LA Woman USD $2.49 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE CASSETTE SINGLE 1991 ISSUE USD $14.48 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors Self-Titled CD NEW SEALED Remastered Light My Fire/Break On Through+ USD $7.23 Buy It Now 5 days
JOSE' FELICIANO LIGHT MY FIRE CD DOORS BEATLES LENNON COVERS ETC. 18 SONGS USD $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors - Light My Fire 7" single EX USD $6.52 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors Riders On The Storm/Light My Fire w/picture sleeve-RARE UK 7" Old Gold USD $20.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record + juke box strip RARE! USD $22.40 Buy It Now 5 days
VINYL 45 Terry Dan - Light My Fire ( Doors cover ) prod. by Jeff Tyzik USD $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE EXTRA RARE RUSSIAN PRESSING. USD $1.00 [0 bids]
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
THE BEST OF THE DOORS ORIG LP 1973 QUAD.A3/B3. EX WAX.EX COVER."LIGHT MY FIRE" USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CASSETTE SINGLE 1991 - ELEKTRA EKR125C - 7559648774 USD $7.23 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE RARE 12" PICTURE DISC PROMO JAPAN (THE BEST OF LP) NM USD $169.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Light My Fire The Doors USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
TINA Tu m'as bien trop...(THE DOORS, Light my fire) CANADA 1969 FRENCH PSYCH 45 USD $19.43 Buy It Now 6 days
45 RECORD 7"- THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE & THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $0.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire The Crystal Ship 45 Record VG+ USD $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS - RIDERS ON THE STORM / LIGHT MY FIRE 7" OLD GOLD VINYL PS USD $18.08 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" Ear Bud Headphones USD $13.63 Buy It Now 6 days
1967 THE DOORS 45 VINYL RECORD EK-45615 LIGHT MY FIRE CRYSTAL SHIP RED LABLE USD $12.74 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Light My Fire/Break On Through 1968 45 Flexi Mono Single Rare USD $45.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire 45 Single 1967 Mono 1st Pressing NM To M USD $25.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ROCK 45 VG+ Elektra 45615 PINK LABEL USD $18.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors ~ light my fire - the crystal ship ~ juke box 45 ek-45615 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS Hello, I Love You - Light My Fire 7" 45 P/S JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA SJET-1129 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_J3a USD $25.62 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS ALIVE SHE CRIED~NM/NM- RARE RECORD CLUB ISSUE~SHRINK~INNER~LIGHT MY FIRE USD $18.50 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS : THE BEST OF THE DOORS 2 CD FAT BOX THE END LIGHT MY FIRE RIDERS USD $6.94 Buy It Now 8 days
Doors, Light My Fire, Russian Edition 33 1/3 Rpm, By Melodia, Good Vinyl USD $15.30 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE c/w LOVE ME TWO TIMES" MONSTER 60's SOUND LISTEN! USD $13.02 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Astor Label USD $18.68 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 60s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire JIM MORRISON VG+/EX USD $99.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The DOORS SONGBOOK, 'THE BEST OF THE DOORS' WORDS & MUSIC,INCL LIGHT MY FIRE USD $14.48 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Live...LP the end, light my fire, five to one, break on through.. TUNA USD $12.00 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, M- PS insert, w/ company sle USD $60.00 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS "LOVE ME TWO TIMES c/w LIGHT MY FIRE" MONSTER 60's PHSYC LISTEN! USD $13.02 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS ep LIGHT MY FIRE + 3 mexico ID# 37014 PICTURE SLEEVE ELEKTRA 1486 EX+ USD $59.00 Buy It Now 11 days
45RPM The Doors The Crystal Ship/Light my Fire 032912EL USD $14.98 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS Light my fire /Love me two times CANADA MEGA RARE '70s Reissue 45 USD $13.21 Buy It Now 11 days
JIM MORRISON THE DOORS MONO 1ST S/T 1967 LIGHT MY FIRE RARE VG+ USD $115.00 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors 45 Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times Elektra Records #E-45051 MINT USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors Light My Fire Music Typography Lyrics Word Art Poster Print Gift A4 USD $10.12 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $72.32 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS 'LIGHT MY FIRE" 7 INCH 45 1972 USD $11.21 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS - Light my fire / Unknown soldier - EX 7" single USD $6.52 Buy It Now 12 days
UB40 - Light My Fire (Doors) - RARE Israeli Israel Hebrew Promo / Reggae USD $10.00 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 7" ELEKTRA (1991) EX- UK PEOPLE ARE STRANGE PSYCH USD $4.33 Buy It Now 13 days
The Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45' USD $19.00 Buy It Now 13 days
JOSE FELICIANO EP MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 * LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) * USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
DOORS: Hello, I Love You / Light My Fire 45 (Japan, PS 'backflaps' cover, Golde USD $40.00 Buy It Now 14 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times 45 rpm Elektra Records EX USD $8.95 Buy It Now 14 days
*RARE* 1970'S THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME 2 TIMES 45 RPM RECORD +SLEEVE USD $13.99 Buy It Now 14 days
THE DOORS 7" Record Store Day Promo LIGHT MY FIRE Stereo & Mono Jim Morrison RSD USD $45.00 Buy It Now 14 days
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 60s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire EX JIM MORRISON 45 USD $129.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Doors Hits Ep Love Her Madly/Riders/Touch Me/Light My Fire w/PS Australia USD $39.99 Buy It Now 14 days
ROCK ! 45 RECORD -THE DOORS EX - SPUN GOLD - LOVE ME TWO TIMES/LIGHT MY FIRE USD $4.00 Buy It Now 15 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE (FROM RADIO STOCK) LP USD $30.00 Buy It Now 15 days
DOORS Light My Fire/Crystal Ship 45 RPM Record Elektra Label USD $5.50 Buy It Now 15 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE OOP UK RE BACK TO BACK CLASSICS! USD $6.86 Buy It Now 15 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(75%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"