LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Audio CD$12.52 (used)
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.84 Buy It Now
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.84 Buy It Now
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.84 Buy It Now
The Doors Light My Fire/Break On Through 1968 45 Flexi Mono Single Rare USD $45.00 [0 bids]
13m 53s
The Doors Light My Fire 45 Single 1967 Mono 1st Pressing NM To M USD $25.00 [0 bids]
19m 3s
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE EXTRA RARE RUSSIAN PRESSING 1989 VG+/EX- USD $17.00 Buy It Now 28m 54s
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times" Electra Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 55m
DOORS Light My Fire JAPAN 7" NM WAX P-1523E Altered States USD $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 33m
DOORS 45 - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP USD $3.95 Buy It Now 4h 34m
Doors - Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 7" 45 Vinyl Single VG+ Condition EK-45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 53m
THE DOORS - The Doors - CD Album *Light My Fire, Break On Through* USD $3.26 Buy It Now 10h 26m
THE DOORS "ENCIENDE MI FUEGO" LIGHT MY FIRE '70 RARE MEXICAN 7" EP 45 RPM USD $20.00 [0 bids]
7" Doors - Light my fire 68 Sweden USD $12.50 [4 bids]
Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times [Single] [7 inch Vinyl Disc] by Doors The USD $3.00 [0 bids]
USD $6.00 Buy It Now
The Doors - Light My Fire Elektra Record Store Day Promo reissue 7" 45 Vinyl RSD USD $10.00 Buy It Now 13h 43m
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Astor Label USD $18.62 Buy It Now 19h 41m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 19h 59m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 20h 8m
The Doors "Light My Fire" Ear Bud Headphones USD $11.88 Buy It Now 23h 27m
DOORS - RIDERS ON THE STORM / LIGHT MY FIRE - 70's USD $6.53 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors ?- Light My Fire - ????? ?? ??? ????? LP USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors 45 ELEKTRA Light My Fire & Touch Me PROMO COPY of both USD $12.00 [0 bids]
DOORS/LIGHT MY FIRE K12227 NM ELEKTRA 45 USD $9.16 Buy It Now 1 day
The DOORS "Light my fire" RARE 1967 DUTCH Vogue 45 PS 7" single 1st Press WOW! USD $34.99 [0 bids]
the doors-light my fire/people are strange 1967 uk 7" vinyl USD $1.30 [0 bids]
THE DOORS DEBUT LP ALBUM ELEKTRA #EKS-74007 LIGHT MY FIRE USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Doors - Debut Album 180g HQ LP NEW! SEALED! Light My Fire USD $24.88 Buy It Now 2 days
JIM MORRISON THE DOORS MONO 1ST S/T 1967 LIGHT MY FIRE RARE VG+ USD $115.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Rare Israel Only 7" Light My Fire EP-IE 1022 VG/VG USD $200.00 Buy It Now 2 days
LIGHT MY FIRE 60's Sheet music VARIOUS ARTISTS, THE DOORS,BOOKER T... USD $10.47 Buy It Now 3 days
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $5.17 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE M- $60.00 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 3 days
1967 DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" 45 rpm 7" USD $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS, LOT OF 6 - 7" RECORDS, INCL LOVE ME TWO TIMES, LIGHT MY FIRE USD $21.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 45 LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ON ELECTRA RECORDS USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS: Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times NEAR MINT Stock ELEKTRA 45 Psych USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 45 record 7" rare Light My Fire CRYSTAL SHIP Elektra girl logo PSYCH USD $4.55 [0 bids]
THE DOORS by The Doors - CD (Light My Fire, Break on Through) USD $1.50 [0 bids]
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Light My Fire The Doors~RARE 1988 USSR Import Comp~NM Vinyl~FAST SHIPPING!!! USD $19.95 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors/ Light My Fire b/w The Crystal Ship/ Elektra/ 1967/ Canada/ Psych USD $15.19 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - 1967 7" VG - 1000'S MORE 7"S IN MY SHOP COMBINE POSTAGE USD $10.47 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU FRENCH 45 TEST PRESSING 7" USD $89.00 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS 13 LP * 1970 Elektra Records 'Butterfly Label' Light My Fire, Touch Me USD $22.95 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors light my fire/crystal ship 45 rpm record USD $2.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.99 Buy It Now
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER. (UK, 1979 R/I , ELEKTRA, K12227 USD $3.91 [0 bids]
The Doors, 45 rpm, Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $7.50 [0 bids]
The Doors CD OST Oliver Stone Soundtrack Riders On Storm LA Woman Light My Fire USD $3.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-4 TRACK CD-MADE IN GERMANY-1967/1991-JIM MORRISON USD $5.21 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Rare Israel Only 7" Light My Fire EP-IE 1022 VG/VG USD $250.00 Buy It Now 4 days
NEW CHARTBUSTERS - HAIR GALT MacDERMOT LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS - LP USD $22.19 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire RARE PROMO Record Store Day RSD LIMITED EDITION VINYL USD $13.99 Buy It Now 5 days
VINYL 45 Terry Dan - Light My Fire ( Doors cover ) prod. by Jeff Tyzik USD $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The DOORS Vinyl LP 13 (Incl Light My Fire, People Are Strange) USD $15.69 Buy It Now 6 days
THE TEMPLETON TWINS - Light My Fire / Spinning Wheel 7" DOORS COVER Vault Record USD $3.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors SPA 7" w pic/slv "Light My Fire" USD $5.00 [0 bids]
The Doors CD. Light My Fire [Single] (CD, Jun-1992, Elektra) RARE JIM MORISSON USD $11.38 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
MAVI ISIKLAR Light My Fire Turkish garage beat 7" Obladi THE BEATLES Doors HEAR USD $163.54 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors IRAN 45 EP Light My Fire 3 Tracks Iranian Top4 Persian 7" Rare RAR USD $16.36 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS ORIG.ELEKTRA 45*LIGHT MY FIRE/IHE CRYSTAL SHIP*RARE UNPLAYED USD $18.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - Light My Fire + People Are Strange + Touch Me 45 | LOT OF 4 | EX USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors-13-Elektra EKS-74079-Nice-Light My Fire-Check Out My Lp's USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - Light My Fire FREE Shipping ?60 26467 007 USD $23.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $6.87 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 7 days
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS [USED CD] USD $14.22 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $26.17 Buy It Now 8 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors New CD USD $14.90 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors ~ light my fire - the crystal ship ~ juke box 45 ek-45615 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.99 Buy It Now
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors Rare Israel Only 7" Light My Fire EP-IE 1022 VG/VG sleeve only USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL USD $8.49 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors - Light My Fire UK 1991 Elektra 7" Single P/S USD $13.07 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS 1988 RUSSIA USSR IMPORT PSYCH LP NM on MELODIA ~ Light My Fire USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors Light My Fire LP Very Rare USSR (CCCP) Import C60 26467007 EX/EX USD $19.50 Buy It Now 10 days
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $4.28 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Hip-Pocket Records "Light My Fire" MINT Sealed in Envelope USD $38.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $91.57 Buy It Now 10 days
LIGHT MY FIRE - TRIBUTE TO THE DOORS CD NEW+ IAN GILLAN/ROBERT GORDON/+ USD $23.37 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $14.95 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 Near Mint Elektra reissue USD $5.00 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER USD $6.53 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD 45051 STEREO VG+/EX USD $3.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD - 1970'S USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $78.49 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors , remastered cd album- debut 1968 release ft Light My Fire USD $8.18 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors - Light My Fire LP Melodiya USSR Psychedelic Rock EX USD $18.00 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 12 days
RARE FRENCH EP THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE USD $49.99 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 12 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(75%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"

Other sites in the MAC network: JazzMusicArchives.com — jazz music reviews and archives | MetalMusicArchives.com — metal music revuew and archives