LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Electra
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
Light my fireLight my fire
Audio CD$13.06 (used)
THE DOORS ORIG.ELEKTRA 45*LIGHT MY FIRE/IHE CRYSTAL SHIP*RARE UNPLAYED USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $18.00 Buy It Now
30m 38s
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 7m
The Doors - Light My Fire + People Are Strange + Touch Me 45 | LOT OF 4 | EX USD $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 34m
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 55m
VELVET GUITARS BRASS PLAY FOR PLEASURE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 8 TRACK TAPE USD $1.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 18h 31m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 18h 57m
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 19h 50m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.84 Buy It Now 19h 57m
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $7.02 Buy It Now 19h 57m
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 23h 10m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE & CRYSTAL SHIP HT 300112 GERMAN PRESSING VG MUST SEE!! USD $29.99 [0 bids]
USD $59.99 Buy It Now
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS [USED CD] USD $13.08 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Hello I Love You ~ Two 45 rpm Records USD $3.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire/Break On Through 1968 45 Flexi Mono Single Rare USD $45.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire 45 Single 1967 Mono 1st Pressing NM To M USD $25.00 [0 bids]
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $26.74 Buy It Now 1 day
M- 1967 SHRINK Gold THE DOORS ~ Dark Psych JIM MORRISON ~ THE END "Light My Fire USD $36.00 [10 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire / The Unknown Soldier - Elektra K-12227 Ex Condition USD $6.67 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS 13 LP Record EKS 74079 VG+ Jim Morrison LIGHT MY FIRE Back Door Man USD $3.99 [1 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - JAPAN IMPORT 7" 45RPM VG+ USD $15.99 [0 bids]
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors New CD USD $13.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS greatest HITS cd morrison HELLO I LOVE YOU the end LIGHT MY FIRE touch me USD $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL USD $8.68 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 Near Mint Elektra reissue USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS ENCIENDE MI FUEGO / EL BARCO DE CRISTAL Light my fire ARGENTINA 7" USD $37.22 Buy It Now 3 days
Greatest Hits The Doors CD 1996 Elektra enhanced best of 12 songs Light My Fire- USD $1.91 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Light my Fire - LP Brazil - 1968 USD $30.00 [0 bids]
The Doors debut LP 1967 pressing Light My Fire Back Door Man USD $12.50 [4 bids]
The Doors "Light My Fire" & "The Crystal Ship" 1967 Rocker NM Jim Morrison USD $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 1988 RUSSIA USSR IMPORT PSYCH LP NM on MELODIA ~ Light My Fire USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times [Single] [7 inch Vinyl Disc] by Doors The USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $10.00 Buy It Now
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $9.52 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Greatest Hits CD Hello I Love You, Light My Fire, Touch Me, LA Woman USD $2.49 [0 bids]
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $93.56 Buy It Now 4 days
LIGHT MY FIRE - TRIBUTE TO THE DOORS CD NEW+ IAN GILLAN/ROBERT GORDON/+ USD $23.37 Buy It Now 4 days
n21216 CD - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CD352036 - 1988 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $14.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS 1st First VTG Cassette Jim Morrison Light My Fire Break Through 316 USD $7.49 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Astor Label USD $18.62 Buy It Now 4 days
Freakbeat 45 Julie Driscoll Brian Auger Trinity Light My Fire (Doors) Atco Demo USD $9.95 [0 bids]
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER USD $6.67 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD - 1970'S USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors - Light My Fire (CD 1988) USD $2.66 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE OOP UK RE BACK TO BACK CLASSICS! USD $6.34 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors , remastered cd album- debut 1968 release ft Light My Fire USD $8.18 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS Light My Fire JAPAN 7" JET-1778 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - LTD EDITION 3 TRK UK 12" WITH POSTER - EXCELLENT USD $13.35 Buy It Now 5 days
Amii Stewart "Light My Fire" by The Doors...Disco Version & 137 Disco Heaven Mix USD $2.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 6 days
ODD Vintage Ford Philco Hip Pocket 4" The Doors Record Light My Fire Break On USD $17.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE Elektra UK later pr 45 EX USD $6.67 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Hip-Pocket Records "Light My Fire" MINT Sealed in Envelope USD $38.99 Buy It Now 6 days
VALLI Light my fire Ltd 45 80s Pop Synth Doors Hear USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 1991 UK 4 TRACK CD SINGLE EKR125CD JIM MORRISON USD $9.34 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_from AUS!_OH8d USD $8.94 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $7.62 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS DEBUT ALBUM CD BREAK ON THROUGH THE END LIGHT MY FIRE ALABAMA CRYSTAL USD $5.33 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS CD.LIGHT MY FIRE.JIM MORRISON..RARE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record + juke box strip RARE! USD $22.33 Buy It Now 8 days
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
CD The Doors - Same Remastered MINT (Alabama Song Light My Fire The End) USD $2.23 [0 bids]
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors (LIKE NW CD) LA Woman, The End USD $8.69 Buy It Now 8 days
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Light My Fire The Doors USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors - Light My Fire /Love me Two Time Elektra Gold Classic Rock 45rpm USD $6.02 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE RARE 12" PICTURE DISC PROMO JAPAN (THE BEST OF LP) NM USD $169.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors Light My Fire The Crystal Ship 45 Record VG+ USD $7.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" Ear Bud Headphones USD $13.63 Buy It Now 9 days
1967 THE DOORS 45 VINYL RECORD EK-45615 LIGHT MY FIRE CRYSTAL SHIP RED LABLE USD $12.74 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS: GREATEST HITS ENHANCED CD! W/LIGHT MY FIRE ~ TOUCH ME! EX+/NEAR MINT USD $6.49 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $18.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Doors Riders On The Storm UK 45 7" single +Picture Sleeve +Light My Fire USD $6.67 Buy It Now 10 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS Hello, I Love You - Light My Fire 7" 45 P/S JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA SJET-1129 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_J3a USD $36.49 Buy It Now 10 days
45 Record - THE DOORS - Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times - Elektra Asylum VG++ USD $14.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Helmut Zacharias "Light My Fire" NM LP Doors~Beatles~Rolling Stones Covers Sexy USD $4.50 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS RIDERS ON THE STORM / LIGHT MY FIRE AUSTRALIA 7" SINGLE USD $15.50 Buy It Now 11 days
Doors ? "Light My Fire" LP Melodia USSR 1988 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 11 days
ROCK ! 45 RECORD -THE DOORS EX - SPUN GOLD - LOVE ME TWO TIMES/LIGHT MY FIRE USD $6.00 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE c/w LOVE ME TWO TIMES" CLASSIC 60's SOUND LISTEN! USD $12.02 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ROCK 45 VG+ Elektra 45615 PINK LABEL USD $16.95 Buy It Now 12 days
45 RECORD 7"- THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE & LOVE ME TWO TIMES - ELEKTRA Spun Gold USD $8.99 Buy It Now 12 days
The DOORS SONGBOOK, 'THE BEST OF THE DOORS' WORDS & MUSIC,INCL LIGHT MY FIRE USD $13.37 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, M- PS insert, w/ company sle USD $60.00 Buy It Now 13 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $22.71 Buy It Now 13 days
DOORS "LOVE ME TWO TIMES c/w LIGHT MY FIRE" MONSTER 60's PHSYC LISTEN! USD $12.02 Buy It Now 14 days
45RPM The Doors The Crystal Ship/Light my Fire 032912EL USD $19.98 Buy It Now 14 days
The Doors 45 Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times Elektra Records #E-45051 MINT USD $9.99 Buy It Now 14 days
7" france america (record store day 2016 exclusive, limited)
THE DOORS
~ USD $11.40
CD live new york, pbs critique, apr 28/29 1969
THE DOORS
~ USD $7.97
More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(75%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"