LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]
DoorsDoors
Strange DaysStrange Days
Rhino 2007
The Better Life by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2000, Universal Distribution) US $1.99 [0 bids]
38m 31s
THE DOORS/BEST OF 2 CD 19 TRACKS JIM MORRISON/Ray Manzarek/LIGHT MY FIRE/THE END US $5.95 [0 bids]
41m 36s
Away from the Sun by 3 Doors Down (CD, Nov-2002, Universal Distribution) US $0.99 [0 bids]
43m 17s
Doors - Essential Rarities (Jim Morrison, Soft Parade Live) CD FAST SHIPPING! US $7.11 Buy It Now 44m 21s
The Doors "The Best of The Doors" (2 CD set) OOP US $9.99 Buy It Now 45m 44s
THE DOORS "13" LP 1970 NO BAR CODE PSYCHEDELIC ROCK NEAR MINT US $14.99 Buy It Now 55m 45s
2000 THE DOORS MUSIC THE BEST OF THE DOORS CD FULL ALBUM HARD ROCK PROGRESSIVE US $14.95 [0 bids]
57m 24s
The Doors OTHER VOICES VINYL LP 71 Elektra EKS-75017 RAY MANZAREK ROBBIE KRIEGER US $7.95 [0 bids]
58m 59s
Doors and Windows by The Cranberries (CD, May-1995, Island (Label)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
CLASSIC ROCK 45S-LOT OF 8-CLAPTON PIC SLEEVE, NEIL YOUNG, DOORS-SEE LIST [0304] US $13.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Gloria b/w Gloria (Clean Edit) [Rare Radio DJ Version] 12" 33 RPM NM+ US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Best of The Doors - 2 Discs US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Doors - Soft Parade (OOP CD, Elektra / Asylum Records) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 11m
THE DOORS "ABSOLUTELY LIVE" Reissued and Remastered 180GRAM DOUBLE VINYL MINT!!! US $22.95 [0 bids]
A PSYCH TRIBUTE TO THE DOORS - LP (Jim Morrison L.A. Woman Soft Parade Light my) US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
THE DOORS 8 TRACK TAPE, 12 - No.342, Very Rare! Wild Child, Light My Fire! US $3.00 [1 bids]
THE DOORS "THE DOORS"1967 ELEKTRA EKS-74007 EX- VINYL 1st PRESS - 1A!!! Rare!! US $10.50 [2 bids]
The Doors LP Self Titled ESK 74007 Butterfly Label US $3.00 [0 bids]
CHARLIE RICH BEHIND CLOSED DOORS DEMO 1973 EPIC 32247 EXMT/VG US $5.99 [0 bids]
DOORS 13 LP In Shrink! 1970 Hits EKS-74079 Butterfly PSYCH LP EXCELLENT Vinyl US $13.33 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Lot 6 Vintage Rock Cassette Tapes. Pink Floyd-2, Rush-2, Doors, Genesis US $12.95 [0 bids]
THE DOORS: FULL DOORS CIRCLE, FUNK ROCK, JAZZ FUSION, COLLECTIBLE. GREAT! US $24.99 [0 bids]
DOORS Riders on the Storm/Changeling 45 RPM 7" Elektra Records Rock 'n' Roll US $7.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - GREATEST HITS tape Cassette RARE BULGARIA US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 35m
THE DOORS "NM WAX" The Doors P-10334E OBI LP Ac1881 US $21.50 [4 bids]
JIM MORRISON "NM WAX" An American Prayer P-6417E The Doors LP AE0262 US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Doors - In Concert (CD, Elektra / Asylum Records) US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
THE DOORS Morrison Hotel RARE GERMANY GOLD CD issue US $126.65 Buy It Now 1h 39m
THE DOORS "NM WAX" The Doors P-10334E OBI LP Ac1851 US $19.50 [7 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire/ Crystal Ship 7" vinyl 45rpm Elektra 1st Press rock US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
The Doors Riders On The Storm White Label Promo 7" vinyl 45rpm Elektra rock US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Blinker the Star - Below the Siding Doors - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! 072414 US $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Doors Box Set by Doors US $14.54 Buy It Now 1h 47m
EUROPE seven doors hotel / rock the night EPIC 45 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Dave Matthews, REM, AC/DC, Joe Perry, Doors, Oasis, Naked - U.S. PROMO 2 cd US $19.98 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Locked Doors - Entity New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $20.41 Buy It Now 1h 57m
PHANTOM'S DIVINE COMEDY PART 1 DOORS PSYCH AKARMA 180G LP DELUXE LIM300 US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h
Doors - Alive She Cried LP - VG+ US $1.99 [0 bids]
Doors Ships w/ Sails promo 45 US $6.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Morrison Hotel 180g Vinyl LP AudiophileUSA US $100.00 Buy It Now 2h 10m
THE DOORS Night On Fire LIVE in FRANKFURT 1968 GERMANY Nr MINT PSYCH LP no TMOQ US $39.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS The unknown Soldier Rare Dutch unique PS 7" 45 RPM SINGLE PSYCH PROG US $15.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Concerto Nigel Kennedy Audio CD US $26.26 Buy It Now 2h 27m
THE DOORS Love Death Travel Box set Limited NEW!!!!! US $110.00 Buy It Now 2h 30m
THE DOORS VERY BEST SEALED CD GREATEST HITS 20 SONGS US $5.34 Buy It Now 2h 33m
THE DOORS LOVE ME TWO TIMES & MOONLIGHT DRIVE PROMO 12" NEAR MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 38m
The Better Life 3 Doors Down Audio CD US $14.47 Buy It Now 2h 43m
THE DOORS 'THE BEST OF THE DOORS' 16-TRACK CD US $13.24 Buy It Now 2h 43m
THE DOORS Full Circle LP 1972 Elektra Records USA VG/GD+ Gatefold No Cutout US $12.55 Buy It Now 2h 46m
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-2000, 2 Discs, Elektra (La... US $1.00 [0 bids]
Seventeen Days [UK Bonus Edition] 3 Doors Down Audio CD US $14.47 Buy It Now 2h 48m
SOUNDGARDEN 'Before The Doors' Limited Edition Colour Vinyl 10" NEW US $26.03 Buy It Now 2h 48m
THE DOORS AN OLIVER STONE FILM LP BRAZIL EDITION 1st PRESS 1991 NM RARE US $33.00 Buy It Now 2h 48m
DOORS The Soft Parade 8 Track tape US $18.88 Buy It Now 2h 54m
L.A. Woman by The Doors (CD, Jun-2013, Analogue Productions) US $18.99 [0 bids]
Recording on 45 THE DOORS PEOPLE ARE STRANGE B/W NOT TO TOUCH the Earth US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 3m
THE DOORS LP RECORD *THE BEST OF...* ELEKTRA EQ 5035 QUADRADISC US $4.99 [1 bids]
The Doors Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine 2xLP new amber vinyl RSD #1475/5500 US $69.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Waiting for the Sun by The Doors (CD, May-1988, Elektra (Label)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
PROTAGONISTS search the world 12" 3 trk b/w recoil and closed doors (pro101) pic US $8.27 Buy It Now 3h 10m
The Doors The Soft Parade US $6.00 [0 bids]
The Better Life by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2000, Universal Distribution) US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 18m
10 Classic Rock CD's Hendrix Fleetwood Mac Clapton Doors Doobie Bros Skynyrd US $40.00 Buy It Now 3h 24m
LOT OF CLASSIC ROCK CASSETTES ~ PINK FLOYD, DOORS, BEATLES TAPES US $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 25m
The Doors-"Waiting for the Sun" Japan mini lp cd US $28.50 [0 bids]
THE DOORS OTHER VOICES LP GATEFOLD COVER CLEAN 1971 US $11.04 Buy It Now 3h 31m
The Doors " The Very Best Of Doors " 40th ann (Like New 2 CD Set) Bonus DVD US $31.00 Buy It Now 3h 38m
The Doors " Morrison Hotel " ( Like New CD ) US $8.00 Buy It Now 3h 40m
LOT OF 4 ' THE DOORS ' HIT 45's THE 60's! US $6.99 [1 bids]
(EB499) Portishead, Magic Doors - 2008 DJ CD US $4.95 Buy It Now 3h 41m
NEW SEALED - THE DOORS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK CASSETTE (OLIVER STONE FILM) 1991 USA US $10.99 Buy It Now 3h 42m
The Doors Greatest Hits USA Cassette Tape Elektra 5C-5515 US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 53m
MINT 45~With SLEEVE~THE DOORS~UNKNOWN SOLDIER/WE COULD BE SO GOOD TOGETHER~HEAR US $34.99 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Waiting for the Sun by The Doors (CD, Jul-2012, Elektra (Label)) US $12.98 Buy It Now 4h 9m
3 Doors Down " 3 Doors Down " (Brand New CD) US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 9m
U2 PINK FLOYD THE BEATLES THE DOORS TANGO TRIBUTE CD US $4.48 Buy It Now 4h 10m
(DC591) Leni Ward, Opening Doors - 2010 DJ CD US $4.95 Buy It Now 4h 16m
3 Doors Down " Time of My Life " (Brand New CD) US $17.00 Buy It Now 4h 18m
The Better Life by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2000, Universal) CD ONLY, NO CASE US $1.00 [0 bids]
The Doors "Hello,I Love You" on Elektra #45635 record is Near Mint - US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 29m
The Doors "Touch Me" / "Wild Child"on Elektra #45646 record is Near Mint US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 33m
The Doors - The Soft Parade LP Album EKS-75005 VG+++! NICE US $5.99 [2 bids]
Away from the Sun by 3 Doors Down (CD, Nov-2002, Universal Distribution) US $3.50 Buy It Now 4h 46m
3 Doors Down " Away from the Sun " (Brand New CD) Hidden Bonus Track US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 48m
3 Doors Down " 3 Doors Down " (Like New CD) US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 48m
7 Doors Down 7 Doors Down CD US $4.93 Buy It Now 5h 4m
THE DOORS - L.A. WOMAN [40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION] [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD BOXSET US $11.17 Buy It Now 5h 6m
Joe Thomas 45 Two Doors Down LRC Promo 904 Funk Jazz NM- US $1.70 Buy It Now 5h 9m
Vintage record albums - Lot of 4 DOORS albums, older with wear, good collectible US $34.99 [0 bids]
3 DOORS DOWN "SEVENTEEN DAYS" DUALDISC (DVD/CD) Hybird NEW / SS / MINT let me go US $15.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Interview Picture Disc UK Import US $9.99 [1 bids]
45 POP John Fred & His Playboy Band/Open Doors/3 Deep in a Feeling/UNI/NM HEAR US $4.00 Buy It Now 5h 14m
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-2000, 2 Discs, Elektra... US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 20m
Katy Southern Two Doors Down Promo on Epic Records #8-50484 in 1977 45rpm Record US $8.99 Buy It Now 5h 24m
3 Doors Down " Seventeen Days " (Brand New CD) US $11.00 Buy It Now 5h 25m
Greatest Hits [#1] [ECD] by The Doors Elektra (Label)) BMG Version Nr MINT US $11.11 Buy It Now 5h 30m
HUGE lot of (52) Classic Rock LPs - Zeppelin Hendrix Doors Floyd Bowie Neil Who+ US $157.50 [25 bids]
The Doors - Waiting for the Sun (1989) US $8.62 Buy It Now 5h 32m
CHARLIE RICH BEHIND CLOSED DOORS EPIC 1973 US $2.99 Buy It Now 5h 33m
3 DOORS DOWN-DUCK AND RUN 1-TRACK U.S. PROMO DJ CD CS399 US $12.99 Buy It Now 5h 35m

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(71%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(14%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Send comments to NotAProghead (BETA) | Report this review (#531691) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 24, 2011

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"