LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

45vinylrecord Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship (745vinylrecord Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship (7"/45 rpm)
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$7.00 (used)
Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.25 Buy It Now 3h 20m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.25 Buy It Now 4h 9m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.25 Buy It Now 4h 13m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.25 Buy It Now 4h 39m
45RPM record Classic Rock The Doors Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship. Elektra. USD $6.25 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 'LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP' 7" VINYL SINGLE US RELEASE USD $5.78 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire (CD 1988) USD $2.88 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire USD $2.88 [1 bids]
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 25m
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $12.40 Buy It Now 17h 20m
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD - 1970'S USD $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 55m
the doors light my fire single vgc 1st press USD $0.72 [0 bids]
Original The Doors - Light My Fire & People Are Strange 7 inch record single USD $4.33 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - 7" vinyl jukebox single - German release - excellent USD $5.72 [0 bids]
2 Doors Promo 45's Love Me Two Times/Moonlight Drive Light My Fire/ Crystal Ship USD $8.99 [0 bids]
The Doors - Debut Album 180g HQ LP NEW! SEALED! Light My Fire USD $24.88 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS 7" RARE 1967 FRENCH EP 45 +PS LIGHT MY FIRE FRANCE VOGUE INT 18145 USD $61.00 [15 bids]
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors , remastered cd album- debut 1968 release ft Light My Fire USD $7.79 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors Light My Fire/Break On Through 1968 45 Flexi Mono Single Rare USD $45.00 [0 bids]
OST ALTERD STATES 7" PS Japan THE DOORS Light my fire X6409 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire 7" single EX USD $5.79 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.61 Buy It Now 2 days
ODD Vintage Ford Philco Hip Pocket 4" The Doors Record Light My Fire Break On USD $17.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.61 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.61 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.61 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times USA 7" Elektra Spun Gold jukebox USD $10.12 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE Elektra UK later pr 45 EX USD $7.23 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Soundtrack CD NEW SEALED Riders On The Storm/Light My Fire/LA Woman+ USD $7.23 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS CD.LIGHT MY FIRE.JIM MORRISON..RARE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors ~ light my fire - the crystal ship ~ juke box 45 ek-45615 USD $5.49 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire RARE PROMO Record Store Day RSD LIMITED EDITION VINYL USD $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors by The Doors (CD, May-1988, Elektra) W. Germany Target Light My Fire USD $6.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 7" Vinyl Record G+ Condition 45 Vinyl USD $2.99 [0 bids]
USD $7.99 Buy It Now
DOORS/LIGHT MY FIRE K12227 NM ELEKTRA 45 USD $11.59 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS/LIGHT MY FIRE K12227 NM ELEKTRA 45 USD $10.14 Buy It Now 3 days
CD SINGLE - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE USD $1.45 [0 bids]
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record + juke box strip RARE! USD $21.25 Buy It Now 3 days
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS NEW CD USD $13.14 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS 1ST Elektra Records LP LIGHT MY FIRE, BREAK ON THRU, THE END USD $11.89 Buy It Now 4 days
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Light My Fire The Doors USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE ++ very rare SWEDEN 45 ++ psych monster w/SLEEVE USD $14.99 [0 bids]
JOSE FELICIANO EP MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 * LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) * USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS - RIDERS ON THE STORM / LIGHT MY FIRE 7" OLD GOLD VINYL PS USD $18.09 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" Ear Bud Headphones USD $13.63 Buy It Now 5 days
1967 THE DOORS 45 VINYL RECORD EK-45615 LIGHT MY FIRE CRYSTAL SHIP RED LABLE USD $12.74 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS - HEAR IT - 1967 - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - IN ORIG SLEEVE USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_J3a USD $24.30 Buy It Now 6 days
the doors light my fire first press rocker 45 rpm 7" USD $14.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE(EDIT)/PEOPLE ARE STRANGE 45 USD $1.09 [3 bids]
THE DOORS S/T MONO EKL-4007 1967 RARE MORRISON - LIGHT MY FIRE USD $19.99 [0 bids]
The Doors, 45 rpm, Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $7.50 [0 bids]
USD $12.00 Buy It Now
The Doors - Light My Fire - 7" Elektra K 122227 USD $5.78 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-JAPAN ISSUE 7" USD $44.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-JAPAN ISSUE 7" JET-1778 USD $74.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors, Light My Fire, Russian Edition 33 1/3 Rpm, By Melodia, Good Vinyl USD $15.30 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE c/w LOVE ME TWO TIMES" MONSTER 60's SOUND LISTEN! USD $13.02 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Live...LP the end, light my fire, five to one, break on through.. TUNA USD $15.00 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 vg Elektra 1967 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 60s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire JIM MORRISON VG+/EX USD $99.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors Greatest Hits CD. Riders On The Storm/Light My Fire/The End+. USD $4.33 Buy It Now 8 days
The DOORS SONGBOOK, 'THE BEST OF THE DOORS' WORDS & MUSIC,INCL LIGHT MY FIRE USD $14.48 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, original PS insert, w/ compa USD $200.00 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, M- PS insert, w/ company sle USD $60.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The DOORS "Light My Fire" Sealed 1967 US 45RPM 4" Philco Flexi Pop Rock Single USD $14.99 [0 bids]
The DOORS "Light My Fire" Rare 1967 US 45RPM 4" Philco Flexi Pop Rock Single NM USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $72.35 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors Self-Titled CD NEW SEALED Remastered Light My Fire/Break On Through+ USD $7.23 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS "LOVE ME TWO TIMES c/w LIGHT MY FIRE" MONSTER 60's PHSYC LISTEN! USD $13.02 Buy It Now 9 days
45RPM The Doors The Crystal Ship/Light my Fire 032912EL USD $19.98 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Light my fire /Love me two times CANADA MEGA RARE '70s Reissue 45 USD $12.27 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors 45 Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times Elektra Records #E-45051 MINT USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS DCC GOLD CD BRAND NEW SEALED JIM MORRISON 1967 PSYCH LIGHT MY FIRE USD $149.99 Buy It Now 10 days
MAVI ISIKLAR Light My Fire Turkish garage beat 7" Obladi THE BEATLES Doors HEAR USD $181.04 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire RARE PROMO Record Store Day RSD LIMITED EDITION VINYL USD $13.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE/PEOPLE ARE STRANGE - GERMAN PS 7" FREE SHIPPING USD $19.99 Buy It Now 11 days
VINYL 45 Terry Dan - Light My Fire ( Doors cover ) prod. by Jeff Tyzik USD $11.99 Buy It Now 11 days
ROCK ! 45 RECORD -THE DOORS EX - SPUN GOLD - LOVE ME TWO TIMES/LIGHT MY FIRE USD $4.00 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45' USD $19.00 Buy It Now 11 days
JOSE FELICIANO LIGHT MY FIRE ( doors) / QUE SERA old gold 9855 EX+........ 45rpm USD $9.41 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE (FROM RADIO STOCK) LP USD $30.00 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS: Hello, I Love You / Light My Fire 45 (Japan, PS 'backflaps' cover, Golde USD $40.00 Buy It Now 12 days
*RARE* 1970'S THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME 2 TIMES 45 RPM RECORD +SLEEVE USD $13.99 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS light my fire EK-45615 ELEKTRA US ORIGINAL 45 psych USD $8.00 Buy It Now 13 days
THE DOORS 7" Record Store Day Promo LIGHT MY FIRE Stereo & Mono Jim Morrison RSD USD $45.00 Buy It Now 13 days
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 60s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire EX JIM MORRISON 45 USD $129.99 Buy It Now 13 days
DOORS "Light My Fire" LP Rare Russian Compilation EX+ USD $12.00 Buy It Now 13 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE/ LOVE ME TWO TIMES 7 INCHVINYL 45 RPM 1984 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Doors Hits Ep Love Her Madly/Riders/Touch Me/Light My Fire w/PS Australia USD $39.99 Buy It Now 13 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 1967 1ST RELEASE ELEKTRA FLAPPER RARE EXCELLENT MONO ? USD $75.00 Buy It Now 13 days
The Doors- Light My Fire - Elektra Record Store Day Promo re-issue 7" 45 Vinyl USD $12.99 Buy It Now 13 days
DOORS:Light My Fire 2:52-Love Me Two Times-U.S. 7" 72 PRC Philips Test Pressing USD $398.98 Buy It Now 13 days
JOSE FELICIANO - Portrait The Best Of LP Telstar 1985 DOORS COVER light my fire USD $11.99 Buy It Now 13 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(71%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(14%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"