LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]
DoorsDoors
Strange DaysStrange Days
Rhino 2007
The Doors "The Doors"Vinyl First Edition Unopened Collectors Item US $400.00 [0 bids]
29m 51s
The Doors "Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine" Collectors First Edition UnOpened US $200.00 [0 bids]
40m 25s
NICO - The End... 1974 UK PRESS John Cale Eno VELVET UNDERGROUND The Doors US $39.99 Buy It Now 49m 28s
CD - The Best of the Doors, Jim Morrison - 2 Discs US $1.25 [1 bids]
52m 17s
The Doors "13" First edition unopened Collectors Item US $200.00 [0 bids]
53m 6s
CHARLIE RICH: Behind Closed Doors - QUAD US $8.50 Buy It Now 57m 40s
THE DOORS SHIPS W/SAILS ..GERMANY 1972..EX-/NM- US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h
THE DOORS GREATEST HITS-1980 ELEKTRA LP SE 515-ORIG. SLEEVE-VINYL NM US $10.95 Buy It Now 1h 6m
CD Album: Thunder : Behind Closed Doors US $9.57 [0 bids]
The Doors, Best of the Doors; Elektra 1973 EQ5035B US $14.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS-SELF TITLED-1971 U. K.IMPORT BUTTERFLY ELEKTRA LP K42012-NM US $29.95 Buy It Now 1h 8m
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD - 1970'S US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
The Doors - Waiting For The Sun - 200g 45rpm - 2 LP - Vinyl - Still Sealed US $55.00 [0 bids]
The Doors - Strange Days - Analogue Productions -2 LP - 200g 45rpm Vinyl -SEALED US $50.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - "WAITING FOR THE SUN", ORIGINAL LABEL, EXCELLENT US $22.50 [5 bids]
The Doors "Alive She Cried" Vinyl First Edition Collectors UnOpened US $200.00 [0 bids]
The Doors 45 Record Do It/ Runnin' Blue 7" Elektra 45675 Jim Morrison US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
ROCK/ The Doors - Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine (2LP) US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
ROCK/ The Doors - 13 (LP) US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
ROCK/ The Doors - Classics (LP) WL Promo US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
George Winston Night Divides The Day: The Music Of The Doors CD US $4.88 [0 bids]
ROCK/ The Doors - Other Voices (LP) US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
The Doors - Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine 2 x CD Best of Greatest Hits US $10.17 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Original Soundtrack : Sliding Doors CD (1998) US $3.69 Buy It Now 1h 26m
THE ESCAPE CLUB Twentieth Century Fox THE DOORS remake Cover PROMO DJ CD Single US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
THE DOORS 45 Love Her Madly ELEKTRA VG+ US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 28m
ROCK/ The Doors - Absolutely Live (2LP) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 29m
ROCK/ The Doors - Alive, She Cried (LP) Promo US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
7"-Single THE BEAT - Doors Of Your Heart (1981) MINT GERMANY PS / SKA US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
THE DOORS - OTHER VOICES - ORIGINAL VINYL LP ALBUM - JIM MORRISON VG+ US $1.99 [0 bids]
Lot of 2 Doors LP's - The Doors, Morrison Hotel LP Record Album US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, 2 Discs, Elektra) US $1.99 [0 bids]
The Doors LP Self Titled ESK 74007 Butterfly Label US $10.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 8 TRACK TAPE, 12 - No.342, Very Rare! Wild Child, Light My Fire! US $6.00 [0 bids]
The Doors LP Waiting For The Sun 1968 US $10.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS "THE DOORS"1967 ELEKTRA EKS-74007 EX- VINYL 1st PRESS - 1A!!! Rare!! US $50.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Classics USA Cassette Tape Columbia House US $2.99 [0 bids]
STONED IMMACULATE - MUSIC OF THE DOORS 17TRK U.S. PROMO DJ CD CS341 # CULT CREED US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Doors - Live in Hollywood - SEALED U.S. cd - RARE! US $35.97 Buy It Now 1h 42m
DOORS - WAITING FOR THE SUN - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $17.11 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Doors "Light My Fire " LP EX Rare Russian Press US $14.00 [0 bids]
45RPM The Doors The Crystal Ship/Light my Fire 032912EL US $14.98 Buy It Now 1h 47m
4 CD LOT EAGLES HITS VOLUMES 1 & 2 TOM PETTY GREATEST HITS DOORS BEST OF DISC 2 US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
45RPM The Doors Easy Ride/Tell all the People 032912EL US $13.48 Buy It Now 1h 56m
DOORS**SOFT PARADE **VINYL US $23.95 Buy It Now 2h 11m
CD 3 DOORS DOWN AWAY FROM THE SUN VG/EX US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 24m
The Doors Lp Strange Days w Sleeve Nr Mint US $15.51 [4 bids]
* 3 DOORS DOWN - The Better Life US $1.89 Buy It Now 2h 33m
3 DOORS DOWN**BETTER LIFE**CD US $6.50 Buy It Now 2h 35m
The Doors "13" Collection of Classics Vinyl Record Still in Shrink! Near Mint! US $49.95 Buy It Now 2h 39m
The Doors OTHER VOICES VINYL LP 71 Elektra EKS-75017 RAY MANZAREK ROBBIE KRIEGER US $7.95 [0 bids]
DOORS WLP RECORD GREATEST HITS ELEKTRA 5E-515 W/ INSERT MINT- CONDITION ORIGINAL US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 49m
The Soft Parade by The Doors ** Sealed CD US $6.14 Buy It Now 2h 50m
JIMI HENDRIX JOHNNY WINTER JIM MORRISON (The Doors) Sky Dog LP orange vinyl NM US $32.55 [5 bids]
THE DOORS // WEIRD SCENES INSIDE THE GOLD MINE // BRAND NEW RECORD VINYL LP US $39.96 Buy It Now 3h
The Best Of The Doors CD VG+ Condition US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS**ABSOLUTELY LIVE**2VINYL US $31.95 Buy It Now 3h 8m
The Doors Special Edition DVD Movie An Oliver Stone Film US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Doors, The - Live In Pittsburgh - May 2, 1970 (part Two) NEW LP US $36.77 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Omarion Jagged Edge - "Behind Closed Doors 5" 2014 (Mix CD) Rap Hip Hop Mixtape US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 23m
The Doors - L.A. Woman~Rare~West Germany~Target~CD US $19.99 [0 bids]
DOORS**L.A. WOMAN (40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)**2-CD SET US $17.95 Buy It Now 3h 28m
Doors, The - Live In Pittsburgh - May 2, 1970 (part One) NEW LP US $36.77 Buy It Now 3h 30m
The Doors LP Other Voices Elektra 75017 Stereo US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 31m
THE DOORS Self Titled S/T LP Elektra 74007 Red Label 80's pressing EX US $9.50 [3 bids]
CHARLIE RICH "BEHIND CLOSED DOORS" 8-TRACK 1973 epic US $4.25 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Away from the Sun by 3 Doors Down CD Complete with Cover Art US $1.99 [0 bids]
The Doors - People Are Strange/ Unhappy Girl-45rpm - Elektra -EK-45621-Vinyl VG+ US $45.00 [0 bids]
The Doors, Doors, Good Original recording remastered, L US $31.49 Buy It Now 3h 55m
"Seventeen Days" by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2005, Universal Distribution) ..MINT.. US $1.99 [0 bids]
4h
The Doors/The Soft Parade US $11.24 Buy It Now 4h
Doors self titled LP NM EKS-74007 1969 US $59.99 Buy It Now 4h
This is "Another 700 Miles" [EP] by 3 Doors Down (CD, Nov-2003, Republic) MINT.. US $1.99 [0 bids]
DOORS**L.A. WOMAN: WORKSHOP SESSIONS (180 GRAM)**2 VINYL SET US $31.95 Buy It Now 4h 7m
This is "The Better Life" by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2000, Universal Distribution) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Classic Rock Cassette Lot Zeppelin, Beatles, Stones, Doors, Pink Floyd US $49.99 [0 bids]
Miles,Wymond - Earth Has Doors [Vinyl New] US $17.49 Buy It Now 4h 10m
3 DOORS DOWN**SEVENTEEN DAYS**CD US $6.50 Buy It Now 4h 11m
THE DOORS ABSOLUTELY LIVE SEALED CD NEW LIVE 1969-1970 US $9.55 Buy It Now 4h 12m
DOORS: Hello, I Love You 45 Rock & Pop US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 12m
3 Doors Down "Seventeen Days" CD LIKE NEW US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 20m
3 Doors Down - When I'm Gone 4 Track CD Single US $6.54 Buy It Now 4h 20m
the doors waiting for the sun Eks 74024 Tan Label First Print US $0.99 [0 bids]
JIM MORRISON doors Jim's Alive CD Ultimate Seattle Tapes 6/5/70 radio broadcast US $74.95 Buy It Now 4h 34m
DOORS**AN AMERICAN PRAYER**CD US $14.95 Buy It Now 4h 37m
The Doors - The Best Of - 2 CD Ltd Edtn US $2.95 [0 bids]
The Doors "Absolutely Live" '70 Orig Elektra Dbl LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
Morrison Hotel - Doors The CD Remastered Bonus Tracks US $6.65 Buy It Now 4h 46m
THE DOORS:RIDERS ON THE STORM/L.A.WOMAN:ELEKTRA 1971 DISK EX/VG+ US $23.75 Buy It Now 4h 46m
THE DOORS STRANGE DAYS + 2 BONUS TRACKS CD REMASTERED US $8.22 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Light My Fire - A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD (2014) Brand New US $32.99 Buy It Now 4h 49m
3 DOORS DOWN**BETTER LIFE (RARITIES EDITION)**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Strange Days - Doors The CD Bonus Tracks Remastered US $6.65 Buy It Now 4h 50m
THE DOORS FIRST ALBUM + 3 BONUS TRACKS CD REMASTERED US $8.22 Buy It Now 4h 52m
The Doors First Album CD Sealed Bonus Tracks Remastered US $9.50 Buy It Now 4h 53m
Waiting For The Sun The Doors US $16.00 Buy It Now 4h 54m

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(71%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(14%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Send comments to NotAProghead (BETA) | Report this review (#531691) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 24, 2011

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"