LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Light my fire by DoorsLight my fire by Doors
Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times by DoorsLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times by Doors
Wea/Elektra Entertainment
Wea/Elektra Entertainment

Light My Fire The Doors~RARE 1988 USSR Import Comp~NM Vinyl~FAST SHIPPING!!! USD $17.95 Buy It Now
The Doors/ Light My Fire b/w The Crystal Ship/ Elektra/ 1967/ Canada/ Psych USD $15.23 Buy It Now
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.96 Buy It Now
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.96 Buy It Now
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - 1967 7" VG - 1000'S MORE 7"S IN MY SHOP COMBINE POSTAGE USD $10.37 Buy It Now
THE DOORS DCC GOLD CD BRAND NEW SEALED JIM MORRISON 1967 PSYCH LIGHT MY FIRE USD $149.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU FRENCH 45 TEST PRESSING 7" USD $89.00 Buy It Now 3h 51m
The Best of the Doors 2x CD Break On Through Light My Fire Strange Days VG USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 52m
THE DOORS 13 LP * 1970 Elektra Records 'Butterfly Label' Light My Fire, Touch Me USD $22.95 Buy It Now 6h 30m
VELVET GUITARS BRASS PLAY FOR PLEASURE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 8 TRACK TAPE USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-4 TRACK CD-MADE IN GERMANY-1967/1991-JIM MORRISON USD $5.33 Buy It Now 19h 40m
The Doors Rare Israel Only 7" Light My Fire EP-IE 1022 VG/VG USD $250.00 Buy It Now 20h 54m
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $5.12 Buy It Now 23h 40m
The Doors / Jim Morrison - Wall Art Poster - Light My Fire - 90's RARE 23 x 35 USD $10.36 [0 bids]
DOORS greatest HITS cd morrison HELLO I LOVE YOU the end LIGHT MY FIRE touch me USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire -Rare Russian Press EX/EX Looks New! Jim Morrison Jimi USD $0.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.96 Buy It Now 1 day
NANCY HOLLOWAY LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS COVER) 7" VINYL *VERY RARE BULGARIAN EP* USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The DOORS Vinyl LP 13 (Incl Light My Fire, People Are Strange) USD $15.54 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS : LIGHT MY FIRE 7" Vinyl Single 45rpm Excellent USD $7.78 Buy It Now 2 days
THE TEMPLETON TWINS - Light My Fire / Spinning Wheel 7" DOORS COVER Vault Record USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS light my fire / people are strange ELKTRA GOLD STANDARD CANADA 45 USD $9.49 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors CD. Light My Fire [Single] (CD, Jun-1992, Elektra) RARE JIM MORISSON USD $11.42 Buy It Now 2 days
** THE DOORS ~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ CRYSTAL SHIP ~ 1967 ELEKTRA RADIO ~ VG+/EX- LP ** USD $8.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $6.80 Buy It Now 3 days
3 FOR 1 THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA 45615 1967 LIGHT FIRE GOLD LOVE HER USD $16.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors 13 EKS 74079 Stereo Record Album Lp Jim Morrison 1970 Light My Fire USD $4.95 [0 bids]
The Doors debut LP 1967 pressing Light My Fire Back Door Man USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $12.00 Buy It Now
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 12 inch single Ltd Edition NO POSTER USD $2.58 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Greatest Hits CD Hello I Love You, Light My Fire, Touch Me, LA Woman USD $2.49 [0 bids]
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS [USED CD] USD $13.42 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS VINYL 13 LP Vg+Vg+ hits 1970 ELEKTRA butterfly Early Copy LIGHT MY FIRE USD $20.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Light My Fire FREE Shipping ?60 26467 007 USD $23.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 1991 UK 3-track 12" Vinyl Single EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $19.43 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $25.92 Buy It Now 4 days
Light My Fire B/w The Crystal Ship, The Doors,Very Good, #### 45 RPM , 7" Vinyl, USD $19.11 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $64.74 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS CD Album THE DOORS Orig 11 trax Remastered 1999 Good LIGHT MY FIRE USD $3.24 Buy It Now 4 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors New CD USD $13.90 Buy It Now 4 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors (LIKE NW CD) LA Woman, The End USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $8.29 Buy It Now
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE USD $3.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - ELEKTRA, RARE 12" LIMITED EDITION USD $10.36 Buy It Now 4 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $8.49 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - Light My Fire UK 1991 Elektra 7" Single P/S USD $12.95 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors SPA 7" w pic/slv "Light My Fire" USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Jack Jones Where Is Love? DOORS LIGHT my FiRE Leonard Cohen Suzanne LP covers USD $7.00 [0 bids]
"Light My Fire" & "The Crystal Ship" by The Doors 45 RPM Electra Records USD $4.00 [0 bids]
4x DOORS 45's:Touch Me/Wild Child,Hello I Love You,Light My Fire,Love Her Madly USD $5.99 [0 bids]
Karaoke CD + G DOORS Break on Through Light My Fire TOUCH ME STRANGE DAYS + USD $7.99 [0 bids]
USD $10.99 Buy It Now
THE DOORS ep LIGHT MY FIRE + 3 mexico ID# 37014 PICTURE SLEEVE ELEKTRA 1486 EX+ USD $49.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS THE BEST OF RIDERS ON THE STORM/LIGHT MY FIRE/BACKDOOR MAN EX CD USD $9.72 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Light My Fire LP Very Rare USSR (CCCP) Import C60 26467007 EX/EX USD $12.50 Buy It Now 6 days
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $4.76 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS - HELLO, I LOVE YOU / LIGHT MY FIRE - JAPAN 7" SINGLE 45 - SJET-1129 USD $19.44 [0 bids]
Rock 45 The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Spun Gold USD $3.00 [0 bids]
LIGHT MY FIRE - TRIBUTE TO THE DOORS CD NEW+ IAN GILLAN/ROBERT GORDON/+ USD $25.13 Buy It Now 6 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $90.71 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $14.95 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS: Light My Fire / Crystal Ship USA Elektra Psych Jim Morrison 45  USD $7.77 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors - THE DOORS 'Light My Fire', 1988 CD, DUCHESSE label. Excellent USD $3.76 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER USD $6.47 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD - 1970'S USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $77.75 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors , remastered cd album- debut 1968 release ft Light My Fire USD $8.38 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors ~ light my fire - the crystal ship ~ juke box 45 ek-45615 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.99 Buy It Now
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 12" VINYL EX Rare 1991 UK Original People Are Strange USD $16.84 Buy It Now 9 days
THE BEST OF THE DOORS-TESTED 8 TRACK-HELLO, I LOVE YOU-LIGHT MY FIRE-TOUCH ME USD $14.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 9 days
Vintage Doors*13*Elektra Records 1970 Light My Fire USD $19.95 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Astor Label USD $19.07 Buy It Now 9 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors by Various Artists USD $20.96 Buy It Now 9 days
NEW CHARTBUSTERS - HAIR GALT MacDERMOT LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS - LP USD $22.73 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 10 days
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $30.46 Buy It Now 10 days
JOSE FELICIANO EP MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 * LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) * USD $14.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $7.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS Set Of 3 Orig 60s Stock Psych 45s Jim Morrison Touch Me Light My Fire Rock USD $14.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Hip-Pocket Records "Light My Fire" MINT Sealed in Envelope USD $37.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS - RIDERS ON THE STORM / LIGHT MY FIRE - 7"45 VINYL RECORD PIC SLV 1981 USD $38.05 Buy It Now 10 days
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Light My Fire The Doors USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS CD.LIGHT MY FIRE.JIM MORRISON..RARE USD $7.61 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire RARE PROMO Record Store Day RSD LIMITED EDITION VINYL USD $13.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE RARE 12" PICTURE DISC PROMO JAPAN (THE BEST OF LP) NM USD $169.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Elektra 45615 The Doors / "Light My Fire" / Rock & Roll / Psychedelic/ 45RPM USD $8.95 Buy It Now 11 days
VALLI Light my fire Ltd 45 80s Pop Synth Doors Hear USD $4.99 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship" Elektra JET-1778 Rare Japan 7" Single USD $50.00 Buy It Now 12 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(75%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"