LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
The Doors - Light My Fire (Edit) - Cassette Single - Audio Cassette Tape USD $7.74 Buy It Now 8h 56m
The Doors-"Light My Fire" 1st Press Classic Rock Old Electra label 1967 USD $3.99 [0 bids]
USD $5.19 Buy It Now
RARE FRENCH EP THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE USD $49.99 [0 bids]
Re 45 The DOORS - Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times w/ Spun Gold strip VG++ USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $6.99 Buy It Now
DOORS - Light My Fire/Crystal Ship - 45 rpm - Elektra EK-45615 - 1967 - VG USD $10.97 [0 bids]
VINYL 45 Terry Dan - Light My Fire ( Doors cover ) prod. by Jeff Tyzik USD $6.99 Buy It Now 18h 45m
"Classic Rock" "The Doors" "Light My Fire" "Rare 45" USD $8.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire Russian LP 1990 USD $39.09 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire/Break On Through 1968 45 Flexi Mono Single Rare USD $45.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire 1967 45 Single Rare Pink Label USD $4.00 [0 bids]
1P ELEKTRA 45615 THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE THE CRYSTAL SHIP SEE Dead Wax Matrix USD $15.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - RARE SOVIET PSYCH LP USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" / "LOVE ME TWO TIMES" 7" 45rpm USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lot of 2 The Doors CD's-Preowned Morrison Hotels light my fire USD $6.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $5.70 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $5.70 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS-JIM MORRISON-3 LP'S-S/T (LIGHT MY FIRE)-13-AN AMERICAN PRAYER-GF USD $15.99 [1 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $5.70 Buy It Now 1 day
Doors People are strange Light my fire 1968 Japan USD $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $5.70 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $5.70 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors-Light My Fire-45 RPM,1967,Elektra-Psychedelic Rock/Classic Rock USD $1.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.50 Buy It Now
THE DOORS Greatest Hits Cassette ELEKTRA - Jim Morrison LIGHT MY FIRE LA WOMAN USD $8.14 Buy It Now 1 day
The MIKE FLOWERS POP Wonderwall oasis Light My Fire doors cd singles USD $16.95 [0 bids]
45 RPM / THE DOORS / LIGHT MY FIRE / ELEKTRA USD $7.99 [0 bids]
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $7.50 [0 bids]
USD $10.00 Buy It Now
RARE The Doors Light My Fire- Break On Through- Flexi Disk-Hip Pocket Records 45 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
OZZIE Light My Fire-5 Track CD-The Doors Music Company-Radio/Long Duk Dong+more! USD $25.74 [0 bids]
DOORS "Light My Fire/ Crystal Ship" 1st Press "HIPPIE LABEL" ELEKTRA 45615 VG USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Amii Stewart "Light My Fire" by The Doors...Disco Version & 137 Disco Heaven Mix USD $5.55 [0 bids]
THE DOORS "Light My Fire b/w Crystal Ship" Original 1967 US 45RPM 7" Rock Single USD $4.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Riders On The Storm b/w Light My Fire 1981 45RPM Import 7" Rock Single USD $6.99 [0 bids]
The Doors, Light My Fire Cd Single Classic American Rock Ep cdsingle USD $6.24 Buy It Now 3 days
RARE The Doors Light My Fire- Break On Through Flexi Disk Hip Pocket Records 45 USD $50.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Russian Press EX USD $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD - 1970'S USD $10.99 Buy It Now 3 days
45RPM The Doors The Crystal Ship/Light my Fire 032912EL USD $14.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Light My Fire by The Doors Rare Elektra Label 7" 45rpm NM!! USD $30.00 Buy It Now 3 days
VG+ The Doors Light My Fire / Crystal Ship Elektra EK 45615 7" 45 w/ Co. Sleeve USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
45RPM The Doors - The Crystal Ship/Light my Fire ORIGINAL JACKET!!! USD $5.00 [0 bids]
the doors "light my fire" 45 single vinyl USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors ?- Light My Fire Iran Press Vinyl 7" Rare 45 M & NM Free Shipping USD $406.66 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE", LP, 1989, DUCHESSE, RARE! USD $45.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Best of NM 2 CD Light My Fire Crystal Ship L.A. Woman Riders on Storm USD $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Doors Greatest Hits CD The End Hello I Love You Break On Through Light My Fire USD $2.79 Buy It Now 4 days
CD #2 ONLY: DOORS "IN CONCERT" LIGHT MY FIRE, THE END, UNKNOWN SOLDIER GLORIA+ USD $3.99 Buy It Now 4 days
OOP DOORS CD LIGHT MY FIRE ON STAGE EEC IMPORT LIVE JIM MORRISON Rock USD $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Doors "Light My Fire " LP EX Rare Russian Press USD $14.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / CRYSTAL SHIP 7" VINYL 1967 ORIGINAL RARE USD $33.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Elektra Records THE DOORS - 13 - Album LP Greatest Hits 1970 Light My Fire USD $11.95 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Light My Fire/ Crystal Ship 7" vinyl 45rpm Elektra 1st Press rock USD $16.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Doors - s/t 1967 Elektra 70's Butterfly Ed. LP Jim Morrison Light My Fire USD $20.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors / Light My Fire both sides / Promo 7" 45 USD $22.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors 13 VG+ 1970 Elektra RARE Orig Jim Morrison Light My Fire Touch Me USD $5.99 [0 bids]
USD $9.00 Buy It Now
The Doors CDBACKTRAX Series CD Single Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times Like New USD $7.29 [0 bids]
USD $9.74 Buy It Now
DOORS"LIGHT MY FIRE"(ARCHIV OF POP MUSIC vol.1)MELODIYA LP WHITE LABEL USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
JOSE' FELICIANO "LIGHT MY FIRE" BY THE DOORS ORIGINAL 1967 SHEET MUSIC USD $12.18 [0 bids]
VINYL 45 RPM THE DOORS The Crystal Ship/Light My Fire ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS, "LIGHT MY FIRE", 1ST PRESS, EX USD $0.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire 7 Inch Vinyl Record USD $45.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45' USD $19.00 Buy It Now 5 days
JOSE FELICIANO EP MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 RCA * (THE DOORS) LIGHT MY FIRE * USD $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEST OF THE DOORS - The Doors - 2-DISCS w/Light My Fire, People Are Strange USD $6.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS SHEET MUSIC BOOK. LIGHT MY FIRE ETC USD $5.66 [0 bids]
The Doors-7" Vinyl-Light My Fire-Elektra-ESKN 45014-65-1967-Ex/Ex- USD $28.14 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 7" Record Store Day RSD 2010 Limited New ELEKTRA USD $17.50 Buy It Now 6 days
LIGHT MY FIRE & THE CRYSTAL SHIP - THE DOORS - ELEKTRA - 45 RPM WITH SLEEVE USD $3.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS - 13 LP EX!!! UK ELEKTRA K42062 LIGHT MY FIRE USD $20.31 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Greatest Hits Cassette 1980 Electra 5C-5515 Ex Light My Fire LA Woman USD $14.59 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS light my fire EK-45615 ELEKTRA US ORIGINAL 45 psych USD $10.62 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS light my fire EK-45615 US WHITE & RED LABEL 45 the crystal ship VG+ USD $15.30 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors Hits Ep Love Her Madly/Riders/Touch Me/Light My Fire w/PS Australia USD $35.99 Buy It Now 7 days
V.A Estereofonia "The doors light my fire - Joe Reisman" Stereo Magic" 8LPs VG USD $9.15 Buy It Now 7 days
Baccara, Light my fire (Doors) 11:40, Disco, German RCA PL28330, 1978 USD $19.00 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS:Light My Fire 2:52-Love Me Two Times-U.S. 7" 72 PRC Philips Test Pressing USD $398.98 Buy It Now 7 days
JOSE FELICIANO - Portrait The Best Of LP Telstar 1985 DOORS COVER light my fire USD $11.99 Buy It Now 7 days
1967 Philco Ford Hip Pocket Record THE DOORS Light My Fire HP-9 SEALED USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
CD THE DOORS GREATEST HITS with LIGHT MY FIRE and HELLO I LOVE YOU and more USD $7.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / CRYSTAL SHIP (45) - ELEKTRA RECORDS - EK45615 - 1967 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
n21216 CD - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CD352036 - 1988 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - THEIR DEBUT LP-FEATURING THE 6:50 MINUTE LONG "LIGHT MY FIRE"-1967" USD $18.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS " LIGHT MY FIRE " THE GREATEST HITS - EPIC 1970 - MEXICAN - EP 7' USD $19.20 Buy It Now 9 days
A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors Light My Fire Mexican Edition CD USD $10.99 Buy It Now 9 days
RECORD THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE Russian Album NM USD $29.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors: Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship 45 with Elektra Sleeve USD $9.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va (2014, CD New) USD $13.80 Buy It Now 10 days
ROBBY KRIEGER ORGANIZATION - RKO Live! CD - Doors Guitarist - Light My Fire ... USD $12.71 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE c/w LOVE ME TWO TIMES" MONSTER 60's SOUND LISTEN! USD $14.06 Buy It Now 11 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (2-Disc CD) "Light My Fire" *COMPLETE* USD $14.47 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS: LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES rare ELEKTRA 45 clean VG+ USD $6.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $14.38 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $18.99 Buy It Now 11 days
ROCK 45 - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - US ORIG ELEKTRA 45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire - 4 track cd-single Germany - 1991 Jim Morrison live USD $9.00 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS:Light My Fire 6:30-Take It As It Comes-Crystal Ship-France7"Elektra EP PCV USD $264.98 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 45 ('67 2nd pressing label, few light sleev USD $18.00 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS 2xCassette TAPES Classics / The Best Of The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE Jim USD $8.88 Buy It Now 11 days
? The Doors - 13 (green Butterfly Elektra 74079) (with "Light My Fire") ('70) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(71%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(14%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Send comments to NotAProghead (BETA) | Report this review (#531691) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 24, 2011

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"