LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Audio CD$13.41 (used)
Light My Fire + PosterLight My Fire + Poster
Elektra
Vinyl$16.76 (used)
THE DOORS 7" SINGLE PROMO LIGHT MY FIRE / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE 1991 ELECTRA LABEL USD $5.83 [0 bids]
48m 48s
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors by Various Artists (CD,... USD $10.93 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $13.67 Buy It Now 2h 28m
2 The DOORS 45s - LIGHT MY FIRE Crystal Ship, LOVE ME TWO TIMES Moonlight Drive USD $7.95 Buy It Now 4h 35m
The DOORS Self-Titled Debut LP, Elektra EKS-74007 Light My Fire Break On Through USD $14.95 Buy It Now 4h 35m
THE DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE" ORIGINAL VINYL SINGLE EKSN 45014 USD $28.52 Buy It Now 5h 26m
The DOORS Vinyl LP 13 (Incl Light My Fire, People Are Strange) USD $17.53 Buy It Now 22h 32m
THE TEMPLETON TWINS - Light My Fire / Spinning Wheel 7" DOORS COVER Vault Record USD $3.99 Buy It Now 23h 15m
The Doors Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 Near Mint Elektra reissue USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire - German Press CD Boot USD $3.64 Buy It Now 1 day
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Lot of 2 The Doors Spun Gold 45 Records w/Sleeves Light My Fire Hello I Love You USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $15.50 Buy It Now
The Doors - Light My Fire + People Are Strange + Touch Me 45 | LOT OF 4 | EX USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS ENCIENDE MI FUEGO / EL BARCO DE CRISTAL Light my fire ARGENTINA 7" USD $37.22 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.67 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.67 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.67 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $7.68 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Amii Stewart "Light My Fire" by The Doors...Disco Version & 137 Disco Heaven Mix USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS Light My Fire 7" 4 Prong Original Dark Orange Label Design B/w Crystal Shi USD $16.09 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Greatest Hits CD Hello I Love You, Light My Fire, Touch Me, LA Woman USD $2.49 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 45 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Live In Europe 1968 VHS Video PAL Warner Light My Fire Jim Morrison USD $12.17 Buy It Now 2 days
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS - USED - LIKE NEW CD USD $13.58 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CD (FREE UK POST) USD $2.91 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Riders On The Storm/Light My Fire w/picture sleeve-RARE UK 7" Old Gold USD $12.50 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Light My Fire LP Melodiya USSR NM USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors s/t DCC Gold Disc Steve Hoffman Light My Fire USD $50.00 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $29.25 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times" Electra Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $9.72 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $6.48 Buy It Now 3 days
~~THE DOORS~~LIGHT MY FIRE~~CRYSTAL SHIP~~VG+~~ USD $5.99 [0 bids]
45 RECORD 7"- THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE & LOVE ME TWO TIMES - ELEKTRA Spun Gold USD $10.99 Buy It Now 3 days
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS NEW CD USD $13.66 Buy It Now 3 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Astor Label USD $17.96 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS ORIG LIGHT MY FIRE 45 VG++ SMALL 10 STICKER ON LABEL NICE USD $1.95 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS:LIGHT MY FIRE / LIGHT MY FIRE - PROMO - VERY RARE - UNPLAYED USD $7.60 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS - Light my fire / Germany PS 7" Very rare USD $165.00 Buy It Now 4 days
ROCK ! 45 RECORD -THE DOORS EX - SPUN GOLD - LOVE ME TWO TIMES/LIGHT MY FIRE USD $5.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Hip-Pocket Records "Light My Fire" MINT Sealed in Envelope USD $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" & "The Crystal Ship" 1967 Rocker NM Jim Morrison USD $12.00 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS greatest HITS cd morrison HELLO I LOVE YOU the end LIGHT MY FIRE touch me USD $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors ~45~ Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ~ Elektra 45615 ~ M- USD $8.95 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS 1988 RUSSIA USSR IMPORT PSYCH LP NM on MELODIA ~ Light My Fire USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS 1st First VTG Cassette Jim Morrison Light My Fire Break Through 316 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $9.52 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE PEOPLE ARE STRANGE OOP UK RE BACK TO BACK CLASSICS! USD $4.37 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - Light my fire / People are strange USD $1.46 [0 bids]
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" 1991 WEA RECORDS 7" single PSYCH / GARAGE- ROCK USD $1.45 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire, Break on Through, Pocket Records Philco HP- 9 This is S USD $19.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 1967 ELEKTRA EKS-74007 Stereo Light My Fire w/Gold Label Record Album USD $21.95 [0 bids]
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $102.35 Buy It Now 5 days
LIGHT MY FIRE - TRIBUTE TO THE DOORS CD NEW+ IAN GILLAN/ROBERT GORDON/+ USD $23.37 Buy It Now 5 days
n21216 CD - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CD352036 - 1988 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $14.95 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors 7" 45 rpm Record Light My Fire The Crystal Dream Elektra EK-45615-B USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors Rare Israel Only 7" Light My Fire EP-IE 1022 VG/VG USD $150.00 [0 bids]
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD - 1970'S USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE & CRYSTAL SHIP HT 300112 GERMAN PRESSING VG MUST SEE!! USD $29.99 [0 bids]
USD $59.99 Buy It Now
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors , remastered cd album- debut 1968 release ft Light My Fire USD $7.89 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 7 days
ODD Vintage Ford Philco Hip Pocket 4" The Doors Record Light My Fir USD $17.00 Buy It Now 7 days
VALLI Light my fire Rare Ltd 7 80s Girl Pop Synth Doors Listen USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE Elektra UK later pr 45 EX USD $7.30 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 1991 UK 4 TRACK CD SINGLE EKR125CD JIM MORRISON USD $10.22 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_OH8d USD $8.62 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS CD.LIGHT MY FIRE.JIM MORRISON..RARE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_from AUS!_OH8d USD $8.62 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS DEBUT ALBUM CD BREAK ON THROUGH THE END LIGHT MY FIRE ALABAMA CRYSTAL USD $5.83 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - 7" VINYL 45 USD $4.37 [0 bids]
DOORS ORIG 1967 self-titled LP w Light My Fire (brown labels) VG++ USD $35.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record + juke box strip RARE! USD $21.54 Buy It Now 9 days
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $10.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Light My Fire The Doors USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE RARE 12" PICTURE DISC PROMO JAPAN (THE BEST OF LP) NM USD $169.99 Buy It Now 10 days
TINA Tu m'as bien trop...(THE DOORS, Light my fire) CANADA 1969 FRENCH PSYCH 45 USD $19.12 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors Light My Fire The Crystal Ship 45 Record VG+ USD $7.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" Ear Bud Headphones USD $12.70 Buy It Now 10 days
1967 THE DOORS 45 VINYL RECORD EK-45615 LIGHT MY FIRE CRYSTAL SHIP RED LABLE USD $12.74 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $18.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS Hello, I Love You - Light My Fire 7" 45 P/S JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA SJET-1129 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CASSETTE SINGLE 1991 - ELEKTRA EKR125C - 7559648774 USD $7.30 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_J3a USD $35.19 Buy It Now 11 days
Light My Fire-classic Rock Salute to the Door / Va - V/A New & Sealed CD-JEWEL C USD $18.00 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS RIDERS ON THE STORM / LIGHT MY FIRE AUSTRALIA 7" SINGLE USD $17.59 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS : THE BEST OF THE DOORS 2 CD FAT BOX THE END LIGHT MY FIRE RIDERS USD $7.00 Buy It Now 12 days
7" france america (record store day 2016 exclusive, limited)
THE DOORS
~ USD $11.13
CD live new york, pbs critique, apr 28/29 1969
THE DOORS
~ USD $7.78

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(75%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"