LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Audio CD$67.98 (used)
Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.33 (used)
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
Doors Hits Ep Love Her Madly/Riders/Touch Me/Light My Fire w/PS Australia USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 24m
THE DOORS- "LIGHT MY FIRE"/ "THE CRYSTAL SHIP"- ELEKTRA 45615 USD $2.99 [0 bids]
V.A Estereofonia "The doors light my fire - Joe Reisman" Stereo Magic" 8LPs VG USD $8.86 Buy It Now 5h 33m
DOORS:Light My Fire 2:52-Love Me Two Times-U.S. 7" 72 PRC Philips Test Pressing USD $398.98 Buy It Now 7h 41m
JOSE FELICIANO - Portrait The Best Of LP Telstar 1985 DOORS COVER light my fire USD $11.99 Buy It Now 8h 55m
THE DOORS 2xCassette TAPES Classics / The Best Of The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE Jim USD $8.88 Buy It Now 9h 56m
THE DOORS - THE CRYSTAL SHIP // LIGHT MY FIRE - ORIGINAL VG+VG++ USD $15.00 Buy It Now 10h 31m
n21216 CD - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CD352036 - 1988 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 14h 22m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 15h 12m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 15h 28m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 15h 31m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 15h 35m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 15h 54m
The Doors Light My Fire/Break On Through 1968 45 Flexi Mono Single Rare USD $45.00 [0 bids]
DOORS Hello, I Love You - Light My Fire 7" 45 P/S JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA SJET-1129 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors debut LP 1967 MONO pressing Light My Fire Back Door Man USD $7.00 [3 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire 7" Record Store Day RSD 2010 Limited New ELEKTRA USD $17.50 Buy It Now 1 day
(2) THE DOORS 45 RPM RECORD Touch Me/Wild Child & The Crystal Ship/Light My Fire USD $9.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Greatest Hits Cassette 1980 Electra 5C-5515 Ex Light My Fire LA Woman USD $7.44 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS Light My Fire 7" Edit B/w People Are Strange Pic Sleeve UK ISSUE PRESSED USD $8.12 Buy It Now 1 day
NANCY HOLLOWAY LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) 7" VINYL VG *VERY RARE BULGARIAN EP* USD $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $11.05 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire ELEKTRA 45 USD $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS " LIGHT MY FIRE " THE GREATEST HITS - EPIC 1970 - MEXICAN - EP 7´' USD $19.20 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" Live Recordings Btw 1968-70's CD USD $5.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Lot of 3 45rpm Singles - Light My Fire / Hello, I Love You / Touch Me USD $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Chet Atkins Lp Solid Gold 1968 Plays The Doors Light My Fire Also Lady Madonna USD $3.99 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light My Fire - Debut - Original Brown Label Blues Rock Vinyl LP USD $3.99 [1 bids]
Doors-2 records-45 RPM-Light My Fire and Hello, I Love You-Electra-1967/1968 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 3 days
VINTAGE HIP POCKET/FORD PHILCO/45 RECORD/HP-9,DOORS,LIGHT MY FIRE USD $3.99 [1 bids]
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va (2014, CD New) USD $13.59 Buy It Now 3 days
Jose Feliciano - Feliciano! LP Light my Fire California Dreaming Beatles Doors USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Live At The Hollywood Bowl CD NEW SEALED Light My Fire/Unknown Soldier USD $15.49 Buy It Now 4 days
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (2-Disc CD) "Light My Fire" *COMPLETE* USD $13.67 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Light My Fire b/w The Crystal Ship Elektra EK-45615 VG USD $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $15.29 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $18.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ROCK 45 - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - US ORIG ELEKTRA 45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS:Light My Fire 6:30-Take It As It Comes-Crystal Ship-France7"Elektra EP PCV USD $264.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Light My Fire [Single] by The Doors (CD, Jun-1992, Elektra (Label)) USD $1.99 [0 bids]
? The Doors - 13 (green Butterfly Elektra 74079) (with "Light My Fire") ('70) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE BEST OF THE DOORS 1973 ORIG SEALED LP 6E 5035 LIGHT MY FIRE +OTHERS USD $24.50 [0 bids]
DOORS Japan 1981 NM 7"45 LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO I LOVE YOU from OST USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Scarce Mint 1991 Cd Single USD $9.29 Buy It Now 4 days
4 THE DOORS JIM MORRISON 45 RPM RECORDS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES USD $5.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Love Me Two Times Light My Fire 45 Vinyl Record Classic R USD $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE EXTRA RARE RUSSIAN PRESSING 1989 VG+/EX- USD $24.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors VINYL LP album Uk original Elektra Mono Stereo Light My Fire rare! USD $43.41 [2 bids]
Rock 45 The Doors - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship On Elektra USD $3.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE, ORIGINAL 1ST PRESS 1967 SINGLE, RARE 1ST LABEL ! USD $9.95 [0 bids]
45 RPM Vinyl The Doors Light My Fire,The Crystal Ship Elektra Records 45SM7 USD $13.49 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - CD Single USD $6.20 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - The Doors incl. "The End" & "Light My Fire" USD $2.33 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire People Are Strange vinyl single RECORD VG to exc USD $6.65 Buy It Now 6 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door / Va (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.29 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors debut LP 1970s pressing Light My Fire Back Door Man USD $4.00 [0 bids]
USD $9.50 Buy It Now
JIM MORRISON "BEST OF THE DOORS" 2-CD SET - LIGHT MY FIRE / FIVE TO ONE + USD $9.95 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors digitally remastered CD NEW Light My Fire Break On Through The End USD $13.69 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire stereo and Mono Promo 7" Mint USD $16.99 Buy It Now 6 days
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS light my fire RARE CD LIVE 1968-1970 in LA,NY,Boston,Philadelphia... USD $32.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS light my fire JAPAN 3" inch CD Single MEGARARE! MINT 1991 USD $59.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire M- 45 RPM REISSUE USD $5.00 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS Light My Fire 7" Vinyl JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA JET-1778 ORIGINAL 1ST SLEEVE USD $159.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS ISRAELI ONLY 7" EP HEBREW PS light my fire +3 MICRO PRESS ISRAEL psych USD $240.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS S/T REMASTERED ELEKTRA GERMAN CD 1989 JIM MORRISON LIGHT MY FIRE USD $6.19 Buy It Now 8 days
Best of Doors, 2 CDs 1985, Light My Fire, Riders On Storm, LA Woman, Two Times USD $4.00 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors , Light My Fire , 3 Cd Set Live , EEC Import USD $65.00 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE M- $60.00 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors 7" 45 rpm Record Light My Fire The Crystal Dream Elektra EK-45615-B USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS- LIGHT MY FIRE VINYL 7" 45RPM P/S USD $3.49 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, M- PS insert, w/ company sle USD $60.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU FRENCH 45 TEST PRESSING 7" USD $89.00 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER elektra 12227 ......... 45 rpm USD $10.08 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times" Electra Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $13.81 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / SAME MONO 2:52 / STEREO 6:52 PROMO NEAR USD $12.98 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors - Light My Fire plus R.E.M Nightswimming picture disc 12" Single Vinyl USD $9.30 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-4 TRACK CD-MADE IN GERMANY-1967/1991-JIM MORRISON USD $7.43 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire b/w The Crystal Ship Original 1967 CANADIAN Pressing USD $10.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Rock 45 The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra USD $5.00 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
2 LOT "THE DOORS" LIGHT MY FIRE & UNKNOWN SOLDIER YELLOW ELEKTRA CANADIAN 45'S USD $14.49 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 12 days
The Doors Best Of 2-CD NEW SEALED Riders On The Storm/Light My Fire/L.A. Woman+ USD $9.29 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Doors-The Crystal Ship/Light My Fire-Elektra Records USD $2.99 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS (2 CD) IN CONCERT : LIVE ~ LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END + JIM MORRISON 60's *NEW* USD $16.42 Buy It Now 13 days
LIGHT MY FIRE 60's Sheet music VARIOUS ARTISTS, THE DOORS,BOOKER T... USD $15.50 Buy It Now 13 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s1889 USD $55.00 Buy It Now 13 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $26.34 Buy It Now 13 days
The Doors Light My Fire + Love Me Two Times (2 classic tracks) jukebox strip USD $3.36 Buy It Now 13 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, original PS insert, w/ compa USD $200.00 Buy It Now 13 days
DOORS: Hello, I Love You / Light My Fire 45 (Japan, PS 'backflaps' cover, Golde USD $40.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 13 days
THE DOORS CD (1ST ALBUM) 11 TRACKS 1988 ELEKTRA 74007-2 LIGHT MY FIRE, THE END USD $6.00 Buy It Now 13 days
The Doors "Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship" Elektra Records 45 EK-45615 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
LP l.a. woman (the workshop sessions)
THE DOORS
~ USD $26.14

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(71%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(14%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"