LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light my fireLight my fire
$24.98
Light My Fire b/w Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire b/w Love Me Two Times
Elektra Spun Gold
$18.00
Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal ShipDoors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship
Electra
LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7"
ELEKTRA-45615
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA

LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $29.99 Buy It Now
THE DOORS- LIGHT MY FIRE -FRENCH 7" SINGLE-1967-EX USD $21.45 [0 bids]
Wynton Kelly Trio 45 Light My Fire 1968 Soul-Jazz The Doors VG++ USD $22.00 Buy It Now
DOORS Light My Fire USSR Pressing Rare LP STEREO USD $2.99 [2 bids]
3 FOR 1 THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA 45615 1967 LIGHT FIRE GOLD LOVE HER USD $16.99 Buy It Now 3h 20m
The Doors Light my Fire Russian unique LP - rare black label ! laminated cover ! USD $69.99 Buy It Now 3h 28m
THE DOORS VINYL LP ALBUM 1967 ELEKTRA RECORDS BREAK ON THROUGH, LIGHT MY FIRE VG USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE edit. ELEKTRA RECORDS UK 7" VINYL SINGLE - JIM MORRISON USD $4.99 [0 bids]
*STILL-SEALED* THE DOORS - Light My Fire [50th Anv] (2017 RI) 7in Single USD $3.00 [0 bids]
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 11h 18m
JOSE FELICIANO - Portrait The Best Of LP Telstar 1985 DOORS COVER light my fire USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $24.31 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire [New 7" Vinyl] USD $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $15.94 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 from 1967 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ERMA FRANKLIN "Light My Fire / Hold On" 45 (7", SOUL, BREAKS, CLASSIC, THE DOORS USD $69.50 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ek 45615 USD $35.77 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS GREATEST HITS LIGHT MY FIRE, L.A. WOMAN, LOVE ME 2 TIMES CASSETTE USD $4.85 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times - 45 RPM - MINT USD $9.89 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors Greatest Hits LP 1980 Jim Morrison Light My Fire Elektra 5E-515 USD $8.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS?-THE DOORS?-UK LP-NM-1967-DEBUT LP-BUTTERFLY- Light My Fire USD $12.86 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 1ST ALBUM 2007 REMASTER LIGHT MY FIRE BREAK ON THROUGH JIM MORRISON USD $5.71 [0 bids]
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-UK 12" SINGLE-NM-1991- 3 TRACKS USD $11.43 [0 bids]
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA UNPLAYED USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 50TH ANNIVERSARY Pic Sleeve SEALED 2017 USD $16.00 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 2:52 / LIGHT MY FIRE 6:52 "JUKEBOX" 45 ELEKTRA UNPLAYED USD $14.95 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS-DOORS-1988 CD/LIGHT MY FIRE/THE END/BREAK ON THROUGH/JIM MORRISON/60S USD $2.85 [0 bids]
The Doors DOORS Light My Fire 1967 Gold Orig 74007 Vinyl Lp FACTORY SEALED!!! USD $99.99 [0 bids]
DOORS ALIVE, SHE CRIED CASSETTE "LIGHT MY FIRE" USD $7.48 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 2 days
ORIGINAL 1967 FIRST ELEKTRA PRESS THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL CRYSTAL SHIP USD $99.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - 1990 Unofficial USSR LP Compilation VG++ Morrison USD $19.98 [0 bids]
Light My Fire by The Doors (Vinyl, Jul-2017, Elektra (Label)) USD $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Light my Fire b/w The Crystal Ship 1967 Astor AP-1388 Australia 45 USD $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 45 7" ORIG 1ST PRESSING EX USD $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
SOUL MERCHANTS: Light My Fire / Same 45 (dj, Soul Jazz instrumental of the Door USD $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW - THE DOORS __1st LP (Light My Fire) / Strange Days__ CD ROCK STILL SEALED USD $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $6.22 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $6.22 Buy It Now 2 days
Light My Fire [7/28] by The Doors (Vinyl, Jul-2017, Elektra (Label)) USD $13.80 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $6.22 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $6.22 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $6.22 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS / JOSE FELICIANO - 60's Sheet Music - LIGHT MY FIRE USD $17.17 Buy It Now 2 days
1967 US first Elektra girl label 7" DOORS Light My Fire / Crystal Ship EK 45615 USD $6.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 on rare BLUE Elektra label USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
LOU REED - VICIOUS / WALK ON THE WILD SIDE + THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE USD $7.14 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Light My Fire Vinyl 45 Single Jim Morrison USD $3.55 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Hello RARE 7" PROMO Test Pressing ELEKTRA ARCHIVE 1973 USD $349.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Live Vol. 2 CD Very Rare Jim Morrison Touch Me Back Man Light My Fire USD $37.61 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.66 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.66 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.66 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.66 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $7.51 Buy It Now 3 days
Light My Fire 7 : The Doors USD $7.87 Buy It Now 3 days
DOORS - "RIDERS ON THE STORM/LIGHT MY FIRE" 7" 45 FROM AUSTRALIA. NM CONDITION USD $2.99 [0 bids]
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
The Doors 45 rpm record - Light My Fire USD $1.99 [1 bids]
The Doors 45 rpm record - Light My Fire USD $2.99 [1 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record NEW + juke box strip USD $25.64 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - Light My Fire / Break On Through - Hip Pocket Record! - H.P. 9 USD $0.99 [1 bids]
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door / Va (CD Used Like New) USD $14.35 Buy It Now 4 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors by Various Artists (CD,... USD $13.65 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS:Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship.RARE Aussie/OZ 7"/45 -1967- USD $23.31 [0 bids]
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 4 days
the doors 1968 strange days piano arrangements book plus light my fire lp USD $42.92 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE / CRYSTAL SHIP Japanese Artwork NEW VINYL 7" SINGLE USD $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors CD BackTrax Single Light My Fire Love Me Two Times SEALED Hits Series USD $24.95 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra Vinyl Record Rock 60s USD $8.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Rare Pop Rock 45 - The Templeton Twins - Light My Fire - Doors Cover USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" single - OZ AUSSIE PRESS ASTOR 1967 PSYCH AP- 1388 USD $15.50 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS - 45 RPM (1967) "LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP" ELEKTRA EK-45615 (VG) USD $1.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire CD Single 1991 OST movie film Contains rare edit version USD $4.29 [0 bids]
DOORS love me two times / light my fire JUKEBOX STRIP SPUN GOLD 45 USD $4.49 Buy It Now 6 days
SILVER BLUE Light My Fire 45 7" NM US DANCE COVER ON THE DOORS CLASSIC LISTEN USD $5.98 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors,1st Press UK 45RPM 7", Light My Fire USD $42.92 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS: Light My Fire + 3-Mexico 7" 1968 Elektra EPE- 1486 EP First Edition ASL USD $64.98 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS MEGA RARE ISRAELI 7" LIGHT MY FIRE ISRAEL ONLY EP-IE 1022 VG+ 4 TRACKS USD $300.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors ?- Light My Fire Elektra ?- EK-45615 Vinyl, 7", Single, 45 RPM, Promo, USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Mono 2'52"/Stereo 6'52" - US Promo 7" USD $9.99 [0 bids]
DOORS: Riders On The Storm (Misspelled Raiders)-Light My Fire-Portugal 7" 72 PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 6 days
Doors m- pink label 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors vg+ hip pocket 3 1/2" Light My Fire / Break on Through USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - 1st S/T 1967 Elektra LP Break On Through, Light My Fire, The End USD $1.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Self Titled CD original Elektra 74007-2 Jim Morrison, Light My Fire USD $6.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $100.13 Buy It Now 7 days
"The Doors" Cassette (TC-54007) Jim Morrison Break On Through Light My Fire USD $11.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Doors - Light My Fire MINT!! 1967 USD $22.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $71.46 Buy It Now 7 days
LIGHT MY FIRE/THE CRYSTAL SHIP/45/7", DOORS,Good, #### 45 RPM , 7" Vinyl, NO Pic USD $18.98 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors Light My Fire 7" Single EK-45615 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Best of the Doors 2 x CD Inc. The End,When The Music's Over USD $4.28 [0 bids]
The Doors - The Best Of 2 CD [CD 1985] Elektra - Light My Fire - Jim Morrison USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $85.83 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM Mono / Ster USD $16.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS Light My Fire / Crystal Ship 45 7" single 1968 Sweden USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(75%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released on CD only on quite rare now 1991 promo. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"