LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Light my fire by DoorsLight my fire by Doors
Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times by DoorsLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times by Doors
Elektra / Wea
Wea/Elektra Entertainment

DOORS : LIGHT MY FIRE 7" Vinyl Single 45rpm Excellent USD $7.92 Buy It Now
The Doors debut LP 1967 pressing Light My Fire Back Door Man USD $7.50 [3 bids]
THE DOORS People Are Strange +3 JAPAN 33rpm EP SJET-489 Light My Fire USD $28.99 [1 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.98 Buy It Now 5h 56m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.98 Buy It Now 6h 23m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.98 Buy It Now 6h 27m
Lot Of (13) 45 Records/ 60s-70s/Elektra Doors Light My Fire/Elvis/Beatles/others USD $6.99 [0 bids]
The DOORS Vinyl LP 13 (Incl Light My Fire, People Are Strange) USD $15.83 Buy It Now 13h 28m
THE TEMPLETON TWINS - Light My Fire / Spinning Wheel 7" DOORS COVER Vault Record USD $3.99 Buy It Now 14h 11m
The Doors / Jim Morrison - Wall Art Poster - Light My Fire - 90's RARE 23 x 35 USD $13.19 [0 bids]
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 19h 13m
The Doors CD. Light My Fire [Single] (CD, Jun-1992, Elektra) RARE JIM MORISSON USD $11.63 Buy It Now 21h 40m
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE B/W CRYSTAL SHIP RARE ELEKTRA MAIDEN LABEL VG+ USD $22.50 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors - Light My Fire - Song Lyric Art Poster - A4 Size USD $6.93 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS~APOCALYPSE NOW~TUNA RECORDS~LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END~RARE~~ ROCK LP USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS - 13 (Elektra 1970) - UNKNOWN SOLDIER / Light My Fire / BACK DOOR MAN USD $5.47 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS ORIG.ELEKTRA 45*LIGHT MY FIRE/IHE CRYSTAL SHIP*RARE UNPLAYED*NEW*WOW USD $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS [USED CD] USD $13.52 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS VINYL 13 LP Vg+Vg+ hits 1970 ELEKTRA butterfly Early Copy LIGHT MY FIRE USD $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times [Single] [7 inch Vinyl Disc] by Doors The USD $4.25 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors, 45 rpm, Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $7.50 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Self-Titled LP NM vinyl Jim Morrison Elektra Light My Fire 1st LP USD $6.99 [1 bids]
The Doors light my fire/crystal ship 45 rpm record USD $2.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.99 Buy It Now
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $26.41 Buy It Now 2 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors New CD USD $15.08 Buy It Now 2 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s8435 USD $59.80 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL USD $8.57 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors - Light My Fire UK 1991 Elektra 7" Single P/S USD $13.19 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Greatest Hits CD Hello I Love You, Light My Fire, Touch Me, LA Woman USD $2.49 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Light My Fire LP Very Rare USSR (CCCP) Import C60 26467007 EX/EX USD $12.50 Buy It Now 4 days
V.A Estereofonia STEREO MAGIC 8LPs ? THE DOORS light my fire (orchestra cover) USD $9.52 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE VINYL EX/CON USD $1.31 [1 bids]
LIGHT MY FIRE - TRIBUTE TO THE DOORS CD NEW+ IAN GILLAN/ROBERT GORDON/+ USD $25.13 Buy It Now 5 days
Doors Light My Fire Framed Gold Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $92.41 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS, LIGHT MY FIRE b/w HELLO I LOVE YOU, Japanese re-issue, Altered States USD $14.95 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS-"Light My Fire" Original 1967 45 - Excellent USD $2.75 [0 bids]
DOORS " Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times " Vinyl 7" E-45051 45rpm "Sleeve" Icon USD $14.79 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER USD $6.59 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD - 1970'S USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors - Light My Fire, Russian pressing, NM, 1991 USD $15.84 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP 45 RECORD USD $2.50 [0 bids]
Doors Light My Fire Framed Silver Disc Display Vinyl (C1) USD $79.21 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors; Light my fire/The Crystal ship 45 rpm Elektra 45615 VG USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.49 Buy It Now
The Doors; Light My Fire on 45 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors , remastered cd album- debut 1968 release ft Light My Fire USD $8.41 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship" Elektra JET-1778 Rare Japan 7" Single USD $54.00 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $9.98 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE ELEKTRA SPUN GOLD 45051 STEREO VG+/EX USD $3.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 7 days
LESTER WILSON Light My Fire SOULISH Version RARE SOUTHAMERICA 7" 1970 The Doors USD $31.04 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP USD $4.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Astor Label USD $19.14 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_from AUS!_OH8d USD $9.19 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Hip-Pocket Records "Light My Fire" MINT Sealed in Envelope USD $38.99 Buy It Now 8 days
NEW CHARTBUSTERS - HAIR GALT MacDERMOT LIGHT MY FIRE THE DOORS - LP USD $22.82 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS/LIGHT MY FIRE K12227 NM ELEKTRA 45 USD $9.24 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
VALLI Light my fire Ltd 45 80s Pop Synth Doors Hear USD $4.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS Set Of 3 Orig 60s Stock Psych 45s Jim Morrison Touch Me Light My Fire Rock USD $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record + juke box strip RARE! USD $22.96 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS CD.LIGHT MY FIRE.JIM MORRISON..RARE USD $7.75 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - RIDERS ON THE STORM / LIGHT MY FIRE - 7"45 VINYL RECORD PIC SLV 1981 USD $38.20 Buy It Now 9 days
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $10.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Light My Fire The Doors USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Elektra 45615 The Doors / "Light My Fire" / Rock & Roll / Psychedelic/ 45RPM USD $9.95 Buy It Now 9 days
TINA Tu m'as bien trop...(THE DOORS, Light my fire) CANADA 1969 FRENCH PSYCH 45 USD $19.39 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE RARE 12" PICTURE DISC PROMO JAPAN (THE BEST OF LP) NM USD $169.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors ~ light my fire - the crystal ship ~ juke box 45 ek-45615 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 9 days
RARE FRENCH EP THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE USD $49.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - RARE 7" 45 VINYL RECORD - 1967 USD $12.24 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 1967 PSYCH 7" Jim Morrison ELEKTRA USD $2.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors "Light My Fire" 2010 Record Store Day Limited Ed. 45rpm NM USD $18.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS Hello, I Love You - Light My Fire 7" 45 P/S JAPAN VICTOR ELEKTRA SJET-1129 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS Light My Fire JAPAN 7" JET-1778 USD $44.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS_Light My Fire_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS!_J3a USD $37.52 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship rare 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times 45 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Helmut Zacharias "Light My Fire" NM LP Doors~Beatles~Rolling Stones Covers Sexy USD $6.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire (Doors) / Que Sera - Old Gold OG9855 E USD $5.56 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE c/w LOVE ME TWO TIMES" CLASSIC 60's SOUND LISTEN! USD $11.87 Buy It Now 12 days
ROCK ! 45 RECORD -THE DOORS EX - SPUN GOLD - LOVE ME TWO TIMES/LIGHT MY FIRE USD $6.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door/Va [CD New] USD $13.87 Buy It Now 13 days
Light My Fire: A Classic Rock Salute to the Doors by Various Artists (CD,... USD $10.93 Buy It Now 13 days
Light My Fire-Classic Rock Salute To The Door / Va (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.87 Buy It Now 13 days
THE DOORS Waiting For The Sun EP 60s AUSTRALIA Light My Fire JIM MORRISON VG+/EX USD $99.99 Buy It Now 13 days
The DOORS SONGBOOK, 'THE BEST OF THE DOORS' WORDS & MUSIC,INCL LIGHT MY FIRE USD $13.20 Buy It Now 13 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship ROCK 45 VG+ Elektra 45615 PINK LABEL USD $16.95 Buy It Now 13 days
AMII STEWART "LIGHT MY FIRE" 7" VINYL SINGLE RECORD 1979 THE DOORS FUNK SOUL POP USD $3.49 Buy It Now 13 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(75%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(12%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"