LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Audio CD$807.08 (used)
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
Vinyl$24.32 (used)
45vinylrecord Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship (745vinylrecord Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship (7"/45 rpm)
Vinyl$5.95 (used)
Light My Fire-A Classic Rock Salute To The Doors CD L.A.Woman Riders on The USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 29m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 10h 38m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 10h 38m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 10h 39m
Amii Stewart "Light My Fire" by The Doors...Disco Version & 137 Disco Heaven Mix USD $5.55 Buy It Now 10h 52m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 11h 16m
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.70 Buy It Now 11h 18m
THE DOORS HITS - LIGHT MY FIRE - LOVE HER MADLY - RIDERS ON THE STORM - TOUCH ME USD $17.99 Buy It Now 12h 23m
JOSE' FELICIANO "LIGHT MY FIRE" BY THE DOORS ORIGINAL 1967 SHEET MUSIC USD $11.71 [0 bids]
The Doors - Doors (1989) CD Break On Through Light My Fire Jim Morrison USD $4.60 [0 bids]
THE DOORS ISRAELI ONLY 7" EP HEBREW PS light my fire +3 MICRO PRESS ISRAEL psych USD $240.00 Buy It Now 22h 35m
The Doors 45 LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ~ Elektra VG to VG+ rock USD $4.00 [0 bids]
WOODY HERMAN-HUSH & LIGHT MY FIRE Funk Jazz 45-CADET DJ #5634-DEEP PURPLE-DOORS USD $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS S/T REMASTERED ELEKTRA GERMAN CD 1989 JIM MORRISON LIGHT MY FIRE USD $6.13 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors , Light My Fire , 3 Cd Set Live , EEC Import USD $65.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Doors "Light my Fire" Single Vinyl "Crystal Ship" side B, Very Rare USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE M- $60.00 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS Light My Fire 7" Record Store Day RSD 2010 Limited New ELEKTRA USD $17.50 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE RARE MEXICAN PRESS ENCIENDE MI FUEGO USD $0.99 [0 bids]
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS - NEW CD USD $11.54 Buy It Now 2 days
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, M- PS insert, w/ company sle USD $60.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times" Electra Records 45Rpm Free S/H USA USD $13.81 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS- Best of 2-CD (1985 Fatbox) Greatest Hits/Jim Morrison/Light My Fire USD $8.44 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU FRENCH 45 TEST PRESSING 7" USD $89.00 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors Elektra 45 Record #45615 VG+ Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Doors 45 rpm Philippines 7" light my fire USD $45.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire VG(-) 45 RPM REISSUE USD $2.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE rare mexican single record USD $18.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-4 TRACK CD-MADE IN GERMANY-1967/1991-JIM MORRISON USD $7.44 Buy It Now 3 days
The Doors Light My Fire Russian LP 1990 USD $38.43 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - 7" VINYL - 1967 ORIGINAL ORANGE ELEKTRA LABEL USD $7.69 [0 bids]
RARE FRENCH EP THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE USD $49.99 [0 bids]
CD THE DOORS GREATEST HITS with LIGHT MY FIRE LIKE NEW CONDITION JIM MORRISON USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $6.99 Buy It Now
THE DOORS-Mint Vinyl Re-Issue 45-Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times USD $7.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors ?- Light My Fire 1st Press 1988 USSR LP Love Spirit Jim Morrison USD $28.95 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors 1st press Light my Fire electra 45615 USD $29.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire (mono & stereo) Rhino reissue promo 7" M- USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Doors-The Crystal Ship/Light My Fire-Elektra Records USD $2.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Teh Doors Light My Fire EK-45615 USD $7.00 [0 bids]
USD $12.00 Buy It Now
THE DOORS - Greatest Hits - 1980 CASSETTE VG++ CANADA (Light My Fire / LA Woman USD $4.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Doors - 45 - LIght My Fire & The Crystal Ship USD $2.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 7" NM US ELEKTRA ORIGINAL ROCK CLASSIC Listen USD $5.98 [0 bids]
The Doors - Light my fire/ Hello, I love you RARE french pressing USD $79.00 [0 bids]
DOORS (2 CD) IN CONCERT : LIVE ~ LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END + JIM MORRISON 60's *NEW* USD $19.56 Buy It Now 5 days
LIGHT MY FIRE 60's Sheet music VARIOUS ARTISTS, THE DOORS,BOOKER T... USD $15.37 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s1889 USD $55.00 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $26.12 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS (Jim Morrison) CD Classic 1967 Debut Light My Fire, Break On Through USD $2.49 [0 bids]
DOORS: Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 (Japan, original PS insert, w/ compa USD $200.00 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $19.99 [0 bids]
DOORS: Hello, I Love You / Light My Fire 45 (Japan, PS 'backflaps' cover, Golde USD $40.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS light my fire JAPAN 3" inch CD Single MEGARARE! MINT 1991 USD $59.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" b/w "Crystal Ship" ELEKTRA 45 Red Black USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS Light My Fire 7" Edit B/w People Are Strange Pic Sleeve UK ISSUE PRESSED USD $8.05 Buy It Now 6 days
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $30.74 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE [edit] / PEOPLE ARE STRANGE VG - VG+ REPRESS USD $2.31 [0 bids]
CD THE BEST OF THE DOORS **DOUBLE CD** **LIGHT MY FIRE** 31 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS- Light My Fire/People Are Strange-UK 7" Single -NM-1967- PSYCH CLASSIC USD $7.67 [1 bids]
Doors: Lot-4. 7" 45rpm. Light My Fire. Hello I Love You. And More. USD $2.69 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 2xCassette TAPES Classics / The Best Of The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE Jim USD $8.88 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS The Best Of The Doors 1985 Elektra Canadian press LIGHT MY FIRE Jim Mo USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors 45 Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times Elektra Records #E-45051 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
The Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 Elektra EK-45615 1967 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE 7" VINYL USD $9.98 Buy It Now 7 days
VALLI Light my fire Rare Ltd 7 80s Girl Pop Synth Doors Listen USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Door's - Light My Fire - Love Me Two Times - G - 45 RPM USD $2.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $299.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP SWEDEN 45 PS 7" USD $99.00 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE INC PEOPLE ARE STRANGE ELEKTRA 1991 USD $9.21 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors Light My Fire / The Unknown Soldier 7" Single Elektra USD $1.52 [0 bids]
THE DOORS 1988 RUSSIA USSR IMPORT PSYCH LP NM on MELODIA ~ Light My Fire USD $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS-Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship USA 7" EX Cond USD $18.43 Buy It Now 8 days
DOORS Vinyl LP The Doors (incl Light My Fire (German Pressing) EX+ USD $27.65 Buy It Now 8 days
LIGHT MY FIRE CD - A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS (2014) - NEW UNOPENED USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
RARE The DOORS Light My Fire elektra promo vinyl 7" USD $16.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS Spun Gold 45 LIGHT MY FIRE / LOVE ME TWO TIMES USD $9.77 Buy It Now 9 days
OST ALTERED STATES 7" PS JAPAN THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE promo L381 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS Original Soundtrack Recording: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman++ USD $3.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS EP PS Light My Fire France VOGUE INT 180 45 + LANGUETTE (TAG) French RARE! USD $307.40 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS 7'' PS Light My Fire Holland VOGUE HV 2097 rare Dutch 45! USD $99.91 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS 7'' PS Light My Fire Italy NICE CONDITION Vedette VRN 34081 very rare 45! USD $146.02 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS : THE BEST OF THE DOORS 2 CD FAT BOX THE END LIGHT MY FIRE RIDERS USD $10.44 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS light my fire RARE CD LIVE 1968-1970 in LA,NY,Boston,Philadelphia... USD $32.99 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS--7'-45---(LIGHT MY FIRE)--VG++ USD $8.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $76.78 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $6.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS : THE BEST OF THE DOORS 2 CD FAT BOX THE END LIGHT MY FIRE RIDERS USD $13.55 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS- 1967 Self Titled Album Remastered CD (Light My Fire/Break on Through) USD $6.13 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire ELEKTRA 45 EK 45615 nice! USD $14.95 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 11 days
The Doors - Debut Album 180g HQ LP NEW! SEALED! Light My Fire USD $24.88 Buy It Now 11 days
THE DOORS Classic Rock THE VERY BEST OF THE DOORS CD Light My Fire The End Madly USD $10.18 Buy It Now 11 days
Doors West Germany Target CD ST Self Titled The End Crystal Ship Light My Fire USD $24.99 Buy It Now 11 days
THE TEMPLETON TWINS - Light My Fire / Spinning Wheel 7" DOORS COVER Vault Record USD $8.99 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE HELLO I LOVE YOU RARE ISRAELI 7" EP HEBREW ELECTRA ROCK USD $120.00 Buy It Now 12 days
LP l.a. woman (the workshop sessions)
THE DOORS
~ USD $26.69

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(71%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(14%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Send comments to NotAProghead (BETA) | Report this review (#531691) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 24, 2011

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"