LIGHT MY FIRE

Proto-Prog

The Doors Light My Fire album cover

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1967

1. Light My Fire [Single Edit] (2:52)
2. The Crystal Ship (2:30)

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire lyrics

Search THE DOORS Light My Fire tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

Elektra EK-45615, US
Elektra EKSN 45014, UK

Thanks to mogorva for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Light My Fire Music

Light My Fire / Love Me Two TimesLight My Fire / Love Me Two Times
Single
Elektra / Wea 1992
Light my fireLight my fire
light my fire / love me two times 45 rpm singlelight my fire / love me two times 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$24.32 (used)
light my fire 45 rpm singlelight my fire 45 rpm single
ELEKTRA
Vinyl$8.00 (used)
THE DOORS S/T REMASTERED ELEKTRA GERMAN CD 1989 JIM MORRISON LIGHT MY FIRE USD $6.23 Buy It Now 39m 40s
7" THE DOORS Light My Fire 45 Elektra EKSN 45014 UK 1967 USD $7.79 [0 bids]
THE THE DOORS-2 x 7" SINGLES-LIGHT MY FIRE, RIDERS ON THE STORM-PIC SLEEVES USD $4.98 [2 bids]
The Doors- Light My Fire- 1967 Sheet Music USD $1.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LP "S/T w LIGHT MY FIRE" ORIGINAL ELEKTRA STEREO VG++NM- USD $9.50 [2 bids]
LIGHT MY FIRE 60's Sheet music VARIOUS ARTISTS, THE DOORS,BOOKER T... USD $12.48 Buy It Now 15h 55m
DOORS:BEST [LIGHT MY FIRE,PEOPLE ARE STRANGE,L.A. WOMAN,LOVE HER MADLY,THR END+] USD $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 48m
Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times [Single] [7 inch Vinyl Disc] by Doors (The)... USD $2.50 Buy It Now 18h 24m
The Doors Light My Fire + Love Me Two Times (2 classic tracks) jukebox strip USD $2.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Disco 45 Amii Stewart - Light My Fire ( Doors remake) Ariola Records NM 1979 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / HELLO, I LOVE YOU FRENCH 45 TEST PRESSING 7" USD $89.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SNUKY TATE-Babylon Under Pressure-OR.REGGAE NM- LP! DOORS+"LIGHT MY FIRE" COVER! USD $0.99 [0 bids]
The Doors by The Doors 1970 Vinyl Elektra Records Lizard King Light My Fire USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
7" Single - Light My Fire, The Doors USD $1.56 [1 bids]
The Doors Light My Fire / Love Me Two Times (classic rock w/jukebox strip USD $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS -(45)- LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP - ELEKTRA -45615 - 1967 USD $34.50 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS 2xCassette TAPES Classics / The Best Of The Doors LIGHT MY FIRE Jim USD $8.88 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #1 USD $4.41 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #3 USD $4.41 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #4 USD $4.41 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #5 USD $4.41 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-4 TRACK CD-MADE IN GERMANY-1967/1991-JIM MORRISON USD $6.98 Buy It Now 2 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS #2 USD $4.41 Buy It Now 2 days
Rock 45 The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire M- 45 RPM REISSUE USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Doors - Light My Fire, Russian Melodiya press USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS The Doors (CD 1988) BREAK ON THROUGH Light My Fire THE END USD $2.34 [0 bids]
45 RECORD 7" SINGLE - THE DOORS- LIGHT MY FIRE USD $5.39 Buy It Now 3 days
THE DOORS "13" LP '70 ELEKTRA EX/VG+ 33 RPM LIGHT MY FIRE + INSERT USD $1.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS--LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP--ELEKTRA (1967) PINK LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors Light my Fire electra 45615 45 rpm 7" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SUPER RARE! The Doors "Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship" 45 FIRST PRESS LABEL! VG+ USD $29.99 [0 bids]
The Doors 7" 45 rpm Record Light My Fire The Crystal Dream Elektra EK-45615-B USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - '67 ELECTRA CLASSIC 45/SLEEVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors PSYCHEDELIC 45 (ELEKTRA 45615) Light My Fire/The Crystal Ship NM- USD $7.95 Buy It Now 4 days
DOORS (2 CD) IN CONCERT : LIVE ~ LIGHT MY FIRE~THE END + JIM MORRISON 60's *NEW* USD $15.41 Buy It Now 4 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - UK 1967 Elektra 7" vinyl single USD $9.35 [0 bids]
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE - MONO & STEREO MIXES" DEMO MONSTER 60's LISTEN! USD $26.51 Buy It Now 4 days
THE DOORS CD (1ST ALBUM) 11 TRACKS 1988 ELEKTRA 74007-2 LIGHT MY FIRE, THE END USD $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
THE DOORS self titled debut LP Vinyl Jim Morrison Break On Through Light My Fire USD $39.99 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors Light My Fire Russian LP 1990 USD $45.25 [0 bids]
DOORS~ LIGHT MY FIRE/ THE CRYSTAL SHIP~ ELEKTRA EK 45615 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
DOORS-12 inch LP THE DOORS,GERMAN PRESSING,RED ELEKTRA (Incl Light My Fire) EX+ USD $31.21 Buy It Now 5 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Live Recording CD USD $15.59 Buy It Now 5 days
Best of Doors, 2 CDs 1985, Light My Fire, Riders On Storm, LA Woman, Two Times USD $4.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Doors ex original 7 Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship USD $9.75 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors 45 Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times Elektra Records #E-45051 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Doors Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship 45 Elektra EK-45615 1967 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Doors-The Crystal Ship/Light My Fire-Elektra Records USD $2.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Best of the Doors 2 x CD Inc. Light My Fire,The End,L.A. Woman,Alabama Song USD $1.54 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE FRENCH ORIG EP 45 PS 7" USD $269.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP SWEDEN 45 PS 7" USD $99.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE CASSETTE TAPE SINGLE INC PEOPLE ARE STRANGE ELEKTRA 1991 USD $6.23 Buy It Now 6 days
Rock 45 The Doors - Love Me Two Times / Light My Fire On Elektra USD $7.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS: self-titled (1st) cassette VG+ Morrison "Light My Fire" USD $5.40 Buy It Now 7 days
THE DOORS 1988 RUSSIA USSR IMPORT PSYCH LP NM on MELODIA ~ Light My Fire USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
NICE COPY OF THE DOORS 1st LP SEALED MONO COPY, LIGHT MY FIRE... USD $1,750.00 Buy It Now 7 days
RARE FRENCH EP THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE USD $49.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors - Light My Fire - Scarce Mint 1991 Cd Single USD $9.35 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" b/w "Crystal Ship" ELEKTRA 45 Red Black USD $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
? THE DOORS ? Greatest Hits 1980 Elektra 5E-515 Jim Morrison Light My Fire Vinyl USD $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
OST ALTERED STATES 7" PS JAPAN THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE promo L381 USD $8.00 Buy It Now 8 days
The Doors. Light My Fire. Archive Of Pop-Music No 1. Melodiya 1988. Russia, USSR USD $5.00 [0 bids]
DOORS Original Soundtrack Recording: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman++ USD $3.99 Buy It Now 8 days
THE DOORS Star-Collection Germany Import Midi 1972 Light My Fire various hits LP USD $19.00 Buy It Now 9 days
45 RPM RECORD THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE / THE CRYSTAL SHIP ELEKTRA RECORDS USD $10.00 Buy It Now 9 days
THE DOORS CD.LIGHT MY FIRE.JIM MORRISON..RARE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS Light My Fire 3CD Box Set inc. rare Live EEC Import Starlife not TMOQ USD $24.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors , remastered cd album- debut 1968 release ft Light My Fire USD $8.07 Buy It Now 9 days
DOORS: Original Soundtrack: Light My Fire,Roadhouse Blues,L.A. Woman, The End++ USD $6.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Doors CD. Light My Fire [Single] (CD, Jun-1992, Elektra) RARE JIM MORISSON USD $39.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE USD $129.99 Buy It Now 10 days
The Doors - Debut Album 180g HQ LP NEW! SEALED! Light My Fire USD $24.88 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS Classic Rock THE VERY BEST OF THE DOORS CD Light My Fire The End Madly USD $9.55 Buy It Now 10 days
THE DOORS "Light My Fire" 45rpm 1967 Elektra Records 45615 (Vinyl single) USED USD $7.95 Buy It Now 10 days
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE, B&W N.M.E. ADVERT PICTURE 15" X 5.5" USD $6.16 Buy It Now 10 days
DOORS: Light My Fire-The Crystal Ship-Germany 7" 1967 Hit-ton Schallplatten PSL USD $148.98 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-JAPAN ISSUE 7" JET-1778 USD $74.99 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS 7'' PS Light My Fire Italy NICE CONDITION Vedette VRN 34081 very rare 45! USD $148.25 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS 7'' PS Light My Fire Holland VOGUE HV 2097 rare Dutch 45! USD $101.43 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-JAPAN ISSUE 7" USD $44.99 Buy It Now 11 days
DOORS--7'-45---(LIGHT MY FIRE)--VG++ USD $8.99 Buy It Now 12 days
JOSE FELICIANO EP MADE IN PORTUGAL 45 PS 7 * LIGHT MY FIRE (THE DOORS) * USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12 days
DOORS, THE Light My Fire & Love Me Two Times 7" 45 record + juke box strip RARE! USD $22.02 Buy It Now 12 days
ROCK ! 45 RECORD -THE DOORS EX - SPUN GOLD - LOVE ME TWO TIMES/LIGHT MY FIRE USD $5.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Supergroups Presents "Light My Fire" Doors 20th Anniv. ABC Radio Show 3-LP Promo USD $325.00 Buy It Now 12 days
LIGHT MY FIRE: A CLASSIC ROCK SALUTE TO THE DOORS NEW CD USD $10.60 Buy It Now 12 days
THE DOORS BOOK - LIGHT MY FIRE - 352 PAGES - RAY MANZAREK USD $4.68 Buy It Now 12 days
The Doors ?- Light My Fire 1st Press 1988 USSR LP Love Spirit Jim Morrison USD $28.95 Buy It Now 12 days
Carol Douglas Dancing Queen 12" Light My Fire The Doors USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12 days
OST ALTERED STATES 7" PS JAPAN THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE promo s2919 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 13 days
1967 THE DOORS 45 VINYL RECORD EK-45615 LIGHT MY FIRE CRYSTAL SHIP RED LABLE USD $12.74 Buy It Now 14 days
Doors, Light My Fire, Russian Edition 33 1/3 Rpm, By Melodia, Good Vinyl USD $15.30 Buy It Now 14 days
THE DOORS Light My Fire LTD Nod CD MUSIC FRAMED DISPLAY+EXPRESS GLOBAL SHIPPING! USD $77.95 Buy It Now 14 days
The Doors Light My Fire CD CD352036 USD $14.00 Buy It Now 14 days
VALLI Light my fire Rare Ltd 7 80s Girl Pop Synth Doors Listen USD $3.99 Buy It Now 15 days
DOORS "LIGHT MY FIRE c/w LOVE ME TWO TIMES" MONSTER 60's SOUND LISTEN! USD $14.03 Buy It Now 15 days
The Doors -Greatest Hits LP Vinyl Album Record 1980 Elektra 5E-515 Light My Fire USD $22.95 Buy It Now 16 days
The Doors-Light My Fire-Electra Spun Gold STEREO issue-NICE! USD $6.99 Buy It Now 16 days
THE DOORS 7" PS Japan LIGHT MY FIRE s3449 USD $60.00 Buy It Now 16 days

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Light My Fire ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(71%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(14%)

THE DOORS Light My Fire reviews

Review by NotAProghead
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors & Omissions Team
5 stars Way to the top

THE DOORS released their debut album in January 1967, its first single, ''Break On Through'', released 3 days earlier, reached number 106 in national charts and failed to appear in Billboard Top-100. The band played gigs, but to make a real breakthru they needed a hit single. And it was going to be ''Light My Fire''. Radio stations demanded a 3-minute single because the album version was too long by their standards (''You are not so famous as Bob Dylan to play 7-minute songs on the radio'').

And then Paul Rothchild made it and called the band to listen to edited version.

In his book ''Light My Fire. My Life with The Doors'' Ray Manzarek recalled:

''Now I want all of you to sit down and pretend you're listening to the radio'', Paul said. ''You've never heard a song called ''Light My Fire''. You're just digging the radio and the groovy tunes that keep coming. You don't know anything about the Doors, never heard of them. You're seventeen and you're in Cleveland.''

And he pointed at Bruce, who hit the play button... And out it came on those Sunset Sound speakers. Big and full and very crisp on the top end. ... So the organ intro hits and then Jim starts to sing and the entire first verse and chorus go by and there are no cuts! Into the second verse and still no cuts. ... Where are the edits? The second chorus, no cuts. Now the beginning of the solos. We vamp a bit and just before I begin my solo - BAM! - we're at the end of the solos and the cartwheel organ intro repeats itself and Jim begins to sing the third verse. The solos were gone! The best part of the song ... was gone! ... And the rest of the song played itself out as we recorded it.

Robby was the first to speak. ''I hate it'', he said.

''I hate it, too,'' I joined. ''You've cut the solos. That's the whole point of the song.''

John said, ''It's not that bad. I can live with it.''

Jim was mute, in shock, I suppose.''

In the end Paul convinced the band that it sounds like a real hit single (Robby grinned. "Man, it sounded like a hit single the day I wrote it". ''It's gonna be a famous radio song,'' Jim said. ''I predict a monster hit.'').

Released in April 1967, with ''The Crystal Ship'' (the same as the album version) on B-side, the single stormed national charts and in July ''Ligh My Fire'' became the number-one song in America.

This little record changed THE DOORS life. Almost 2 years of writing, rehersals, frustrations, when record labels, one after another, rejected ''this potheads' sh*t'', were at last rewarded. The band became famous.

As far as I can tell, single version of ''Light My Fire'' was released only on quite rare now 1991 promo-CD. Though its proper place was on 40th Anniversary edition of THE DOORS first album, but it's not present there. Mayby next time, on the next jubilee edition or on some compilation.

No doubt, album version is better, but great song is a great song and Paul Rothchild made a jeweler's work. I highly recommend to find this edited version somewhere and listen to it.

Post a review of THE DOORS "Light My Fire"