DOWN TO EARTH

1. Down to Earth

Search PETER GABRIEL Down to Earth lyrics

Search PETER GABRIEL Down to Earth tabs

downloadable digital file

Thanks to mogorva for the addition

PETER GABRIEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PETER GABRIEL Down to Earth Music

So (25th Anniversary Remaster)So (25th Anniversary Remaster)
Real World Productions 2012
HitHit
Geffen Records 2003
Peter Gabriel 2: ScratchPeter Gabriel 2: Scratch
Real World Prod. Ltd 2010
Passion: Music for the Last Temptation of ChristPassion: Music for the Last Temptation of Christ
And I'll Scratch YoursAnd I'll Scratch Yours
Real World Productions 2014
Shaking the Tree: Sixteen Golden Greats by Peter Gabriel (CD, Dec-1990, Geffen) US $4.99 Buy It Now 37m 56s
Peter Gabriel/Security/1982 Geffen records/GHS2011/original press/ US $8.19 Buy It Now 50m 40s
Peter Gabriel - Long Walk Home - Music From `The Rabbit-Proof Fence` - PGCD10 US $19.11 Buy It Now 53m 49s
Peter Gabriel - Live in Athens 1987 (Live Recording/+2DVD, 2013) US $24.66 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Peter Gabriel 7" No Self Control/Lead a Normal Life Charisma 360 UK Import PS US $3.45 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Peter Gabriel m- stock 7 I Don't Remember / Shoshloza US $5.49 Buy It Now 1h 22m
PETER GABRIEL - SHAKING THE TREE (16 GOLDEN GREATS) CD. US $1.66 [0 bids]
PETER GABRIEL GAMES WITHOUT FRONTIERS ON UK CHRISMA LABEL NM US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h
PETER GABRIEL GERMAN 1987 12" Single BIG TIME DiscNEW US $5.03 Buy It Now 2h 24m
PETER GABRIEL Plays Live 2xLP ROCK GEFFEN US $9.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS with Peter Gabriel vinyl LP Decca Records EX german import US $55.00 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Lp-GENESIS-Trespass-1970-Peter Gabriel, Anthony Phillips US $12.50 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Genesis PETER GABRIEL Barry Williams Show w/ RARE EDIT PROMO DJ CD Single 2002 US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 51m
GENESIS We Can't Dance SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Peter Gabriel 002 US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 18m
GENESIS We Can't Dance SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Peter Gabriel 002 US $7.13 Buy It Now 4h 18m
GENESIS We Can't Dance SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Peter Gabriel 002 US $21.41 Buy It Now 4h 18m
PROMO CD ELTON JOHN Peter Gabriel GUNS N ROSES IZZY 92 US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
PETER GABRIEL SECURITY VINYL LP GD+/GD* GHS 2011 GEFFEN 1982 US $3.49 Buy It Now 4h 32m
Peter Gabriel No Self Control/Lead A Normal 45 RPM 1980 US $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Peter Gabriel Biko/Shosholoza 45 RPM 1980 p/s US $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 45m
Peter Gabriel - Shaking the Tree (Sixteen Golden Greats) (CD 1990) US $5.87 Buy It Now 4h 57m
Shaking the Tree: Sixteen Golden Greats [Remaster] by Peter Gabriel (CD,... US $1.50 [0 bids]
PETER GABRIEL Security (1982) Vinyl LP VG++ (EX) LYRICS US $0.99 [0 bids]
6h
Digging in the Dirt (US CD Maxi Single) PETER GABRIEL Steam Us Big Time Prog Pop US $2.99 [0 bids]
Five (5) from Peter Gabriel - Studio and Live - LPs and Audio Cassettes US $45.00 Buy It Now 6h 36m
soundtrack, Against All Odds Original Soundtrack CD, 12 tracks ft. Peter Gabriel US $8.36 Buy It Now 6h 48m
So by Peter Gabriel (CD, May-1986, Geffen) US $3.00 [0 bids]
7h
Peter GABRIEL UK Interview Picture PICTURE DISC LP US $17.99 Buy It Now 7h 13m
PETER GABRIEL CD PASSION, MUSIC FOR THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST US $2.75 Buy It Now 7h 28m
Peter Gabriel - Family Snapshot 2LP NM RED VINYL US $49.99 Buy It Now 7h 30m
Genesis Wind & Wuthering LP VG++/NM 1976 No Barcode Peter Gabriel US $10.20 Buy It Now 7h 31m
PETER GABRIEL(GENESIS)Japan 1982 NM LP PETER GABRIEL US $17.99 Buy It Now 7h 34m
Peter Gabriel - Passion [Remaster] CD US $10.95 Buy It Now 7h 36m
PETER GABRIEL Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + BACKING TRACKS + FREE BONUSES US $8.16 Buy It Now 7h 38m
PETER GABRIEL LIMITED EDITION PROMO-ONLY DVD SAMPLER US $33.60 Buy It Now 8h 16m
PETER GABRIEL - UP UK 11-TRK PROMO CD DIGIPAK UNPLAYED US $25.20 Buy It Now 8h 16m
Peter Gabriel : Shaking the Tree: 16 Golden Greatest Hits CD (1990) US $4.00 [0 bids]
Peter Gabriel PASSION MUSIC FOR THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST CD original US $5.99 Buy It Now 8h 53m
Shaking the Tree: Sixteen Golden Greats by Peter Gabriel (CD, Dec-1990, Geffen) US $0.99 [0 bids]
PHENOMENON OST CD BONNIE RAITT PETER GABRIEL ERIC CLAPTON MARVIN GAYE JEWEL US $3.99 [0 bids]
Peter Gabriel - SLEDGE HAMMER (Remixes) 1986 US $5.99 Buy It Now 9h 40m
Afro Celt Sound System - Volume 2 | Peter Gabriel World Music US $8.97 Buy It Now 9h 41m
PETER GABRIEL & KATE BUSH "DON'T GIVE UP" 45 RPM US $3.99 Buy It Now 9h 48m
Peter Gabriel 45 Record & Sleeve Sledgehammer Geffen 7-28718 EX US $0.99 [0 bids]
Peter Gabriel?- Peter Gabriel CD 1980 Geffen Records ?- 2035-2 US $5.00 [0 bids]
THE JUPITER MENACE soundtrack LP SYNERGY Larry Fast PETER GABRIEL sco-fi SEALED US $15.70 Buy It Now 9h 56m
Shaking the Tree: Sixteen Golden Greats by Peter Gabriel (CD, Dec-1990, Geffen) US $1.99 Buy It Now 9h 59m
SOMETIMES A GREAT NOTION V/A Elvis Costello ROBERT FRIPP Peter Gabriel UK LP Exc US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 12m
Peter Gabriel : Shaking the Tree: 16 Golden Greatest Hits CD (1990) US $1.59 [4 bids]
Peter Gabriel Classic Rock promo RECORD LP VG++ US $16.00 Buy It Now 10h 45m
PETER GABRIEL early Atlantic solo DJ 7" 45 DO IT YOURSELF (D.I.Y.) progressive US $9.90 Buy It Now 10h 45m
PETER GABRIEL Interview Picture Disc Vinyl Lp MINT US $15.00 Buy It Now 10h 55m
PETER GABRIEL - US CD US $5.60 Buy It Now 10h 56m
LOT OF 9 45rpm ALL /PS 80's Peter Gabriel, Wang Chung, Human League, Madness US $4.99 [0 bids]
Peter Gabriel - Self Titled Lp US ATCO SD36147 US $11.21 Buy It Now 11h 16m
PETER GABRIEL & KATE BUSH * 45 * Don't Give Up * 1987 #72 * USA w/ GEFFEN Sleeve US $2.80 Buy It Now 11h 41m
Peter Gabriel - Don't Give Up 7" Single US $3.74 Buy It Now 12h 8m
PETER GABRIEL - SCRATCH MY BACK & I'LL SCRATCH YOURS (LTD) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $23.88 Buy It Now 12h 13m
Three 45 RPM records lot by Peter Gabriel Sledgehammer Big Time In Your Eyes US $4.49 Buy It Now 12h 38m
Peter Gabriel - So album artwork US 12 x 12" promo poster 2 sided US $7.99 Buy It Now 12h 53m
So by Peter Gabriel (JAPAN IMPORT CD CHARISMA - VIRGIN ) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Cassette Peter Gabriel 5 1980s Rock lot tapes Security Shaking Tree Secret Live US $19.99 Buy It Now 14h 6m
Emmanuel Jal Peter Gabriel - We Want Peace Reloaded - U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $5.97 Buy It Now 14h 48m
Peter Gabriel - Shaking the Tree - Us - 2 CD - Rock US $1.99 [1 bids]
PETER GABRIEL "D.I.Y." RARE 7"ITALY P/S - UNPLAYED - GENESIS US $24.99 Buy It Now 15h 23m
PETER GABRIEL US C.D.NEW US $9.78 Buy It Now 16h 8m
PETER GABRIEL CASSETTE TAPE - SHAKING THE TREE (BEST OF/GREATEST HITS) US $10.07 Buy It Now 16h 24m
PETER GABRIEL: PETER GABRIEL (1) - AUSTRALIAN RELEASE US $12.14 [0 bids]
PETER GABRIEL - Shaking The Tree - 1990 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.56 Buy It Now 18h 25m
PETER GABRIEL New Blood SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Genesis CD 004 US $5.87 Buy It Now 18h 30m
PETER GABRIEL New Blood SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Genesis CD 004 US $8.39 Buy It Now 18h 30m
PETER GABRIEL New Blood SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER Genesis CD 004 US $25.20 Buy It Now 18h 30m
PETER GABRIEL - LIVE BLOOD [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $13.32 Buy It Now 18h 51m
PETER GABRIEL "BIRDY - SOUNDTRACK" UK VIRGIN 12 TRACK TAPE 1985 ex US $8.61 Buy It Now 19h 15m
Peter Gabriel Interview Picture Disc Uk 12" US $19.99 Buy It Now 19h 56m
GENESIS - LIVE - CD, PETER GABRIEL, MIKE RUTHERFORD, PHIL COLLINS, US $9.33 Buy It Now 20h 22m
Peter Gabriel So 25th Anniversary 2 CD Deluxe Box Set Pop Rock Music Album New US $171.43 Buy It Now 20h 30m
Peter Gabriel - Up (NEW CD) US $21.41 Buy It Now 20h 34m
CD: Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel (self-titled/1982 - Mask cover) US $11.77 Buy It Now 21h 3m
PETER GABRIEL GAMES WITHOUT FRONTIERS / THE START AND I DON`T REMEMBER CHARISMA US $2.50 Buy It Now 21h 18m
PETER GABRIEL NO SELF CONTROL / LEAD A NORMAL LIFE CHARISMA LABEL CB 360 US $2.50 Buy It Now 21h 18m
Peter Gabriel I Dont Remember Canada 12" US $22.99 Buy It Now 21h 25m
Peter Gabriel Walk Through The Fire UK 12" US $15.99 Buy It Now 21h 25m
Peter Gabriel - Up CD US $22.47 Buy It Now 21h 35m
PETER GABRIEL "In Your Eyes" 45 RPM Maxi-Singe REMIX + Bonus Tracks-BIKO! US $7.00 Buy It Now 21h 36m
JUNGLE 2 JUNGLE (SEALED) Maxi Priest, Peter Gabriel, Dana Hutson, Jam Nation US $10.25 Buy It Now 21h 50m
Peter Gabriel - New Blood / Live in London [2011] US $46.88 Buy It Now 21h 54m
Peter Gabriel I Dont Remember Uk 12" US $17.99 Buy It Now 21h 57m
Peter Gabriel I Go Swimming, DIY,No Self Control Dj 12" US $17.99 Buy It Now 21h 57m
Peter Gabriel - Shaking The Tree 16 Greatest R (2002) - Used - Compact Disc US $20.33 Buy It Now 22h 6m
Peter Gabriel - Us (1992) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 22h 8m
Peter gabriel-Birdy=sealed soundtrack US $15.00 Buy It Now 22h 9m
City of Angels [Original Soundtrack] (CD, ) U2 PETER GABRIEL PAULA COLE US $1.99 Buy It Now 22h 11m
BARNYARD - PETER GABRIEL, REDNEX, SHAGGY, SAM ELLIOTT, NORTH MISSISSIPPI ALL US $0.15 [0 bids]
peter Gabriel-shock the nonkey 12'' charisma US $5.00 Buy It Now 22h 15m
Peter Gabriel-Plays live-rca Music service-no bar code US $35.00 Buy It Now 22h 20m
PETER GABRIEL-DIGGING IN THE DIRT/QUIET STEAM UK 45+PS US $12.98 Buy It Now 22h 34m
So by Peter Gabriel (CD, May-1986, Geffen) US $4.05 Buy It Now 22h 43m
PETER GABRIEL HIT RARE ORIGINAL OFFICIAL UK RECORD COMPANY POSTER US $13.43 Buy It Now 22h 53m
Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer / Don't Break This Rhythm - 45 US $1.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy PETER GABRIEL music online Buy PETER GABRIEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PETER GABRIEL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PETER GABRIEL Down to Earth ratings distribution

PETER GABRIEL Down to Earth reviews

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars As soon as I started playing 'Down to Earth' and watching a film clip put to it from the "Wall-e" movie I was suddenly surrounded by my three children who were wide eyed and delighted. "Dad, I know this song!" Of course they did. It was the one we hear at the end of "Wall-e" and I must have had my head in the sand as I had no idea at the time it was Peter Gabriel. It is in fact a very recognisable song, kids adore it, and it is so well written with a beautiful melody, it is a tragedy it failed to bring in the Oscar for best song. However, this is one of Gabriel's best compositions, full of meaning and spirit and a theme that takes up the type of themes explored on "Ovo"; save the planet or face extinction.

The film explored these themes so well and it was a very moving expose of how we treat the planet and I guess Gabriel was equally moved to write such potent lyrics; "We're coming down to the ground, There's no better place to go, We've got snow up on the mountains, We've got rivers down below, We're coming down to the ground, We hear the birds sing in the trees, And the land will be looked after, We send the seeds out in the breeze..." The music is very uplifting rising to a crescendo and bringing up the sound to tap into the emotions. The nuances created are typical of Gabriel, majestic, soaring and intricate.

The song was played at the end of "Wall-e" and has ingrained itself upon children's hearts and their families who have been mesmirised by this beautiful, heartwarming movie. It is a shame there is no B side to this but the song stands the test of time as being one of the best Pixar/ Disney songs in history.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#284797) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 04, 2010

4 stars 7/10 This is a beautiful song that deserved to have won the Oscar. For me it was a great surprise to learn that Peter Gabriel had contributed to Wall - E, which is a beautiful but strange movie. When the credits began, I was aware of the music that started there and then ... bam! He started ... (read more)

Report this review (#518442) | Posted by voliveira | Friday, September 09, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PETER GABRIEL "Down to Earth"