HOME & MINOR

- Mark Heron / drums
- Steven Hodson / bass, guitar and keyboards
- Gambler / guitar and keyboards
- Steve Durose / guitar and vocals

Thanks to progshine for the addition

OCEANSIZE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy OCEANSIZE Home & Minor Music

Home MinorHome Minor
101 DISTRIBUTION 2009

More places to buy OCEANSIZE music online Buy OCEANSIZE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for OCEANSIZE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

OCEANSIZE Home & Minor ratings distribution

OCEANSIZE Home & Minor reviews

Review by jampa17
2 stars A little disappointment... Just a Little one...

Well, Oceansize kept my attention a year ago and I get very excited by their very well balanced concept, having a mellow soft side (very emotional) mixed with more heavy alternative rock phrases, aggressive and dynamic with long instrumental arrangements full of meaning and sense. Well, in this album, the intensity of other albums is gone, and what we have is pure depressive soft rock with some nice atmospheric approaches that lacks of variations, twists and turns. The result is a good album for rainy and gray days but nothing more.

This is alternative rock with long arrangements, really, nothing more. I kind of like, occasionally, the soft mood of the songs and likes how they really set that soft atmosphere and the instruments really work for the songs and matches well with one another. The vocals are great for the mood as well, very soft with a brit-pop vibe in the middle. After a while, I keep wondering if they are going to do something different and suddenly the songs ends. I think the best way to describe this particular EP is: lame. It lacks of variations and maybe their goal was to bring you down and make you feel depress and empty, they succeed on it, and I do find cool some moods here and there, but the songs need to grow in some points but it never reaches some special place. The songs are like cool introductions but then they never get into the climax and just fade away.

Besides that, I want to say that you don't have to worry too much about this. At the end, is just an EP, so we can expect a new album coming any time soon. This is just a middle step in between and at the end, their mellow and lighter side is something good, the inconvenience is that there's no intensity at all, so we get a one sided effort. I really expect more intensity for their next album. We always can go back and try their three other albums, which are really cool and great.

If you don't know Oceansize yet, go to another of their albums, this one is maybe only for already converted fans, but I'm not sure if even they will care too much about this EP. 2 stars is fair. I really look forward to their next main album. I really hope to be in the level of their previous albums. Only time will tell.

Send comments to jampa17 (BETA) | Report this review (#280866) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 07, 2010

4 stars I really enjoyed Home and Minor. I feel reviewers of this album are failing to recognize that this is an EP - not a full sized project, but rather an experiment in Oceansize's softer side. Of course it lacks the variety of the masterpiece Frames. This EP's objective was to create soft, pretty s ... (read more)

Report this review (#291142) | Posted by The SaidRemark | Tuesday, July 20, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars At last, 2009 saw the new release from this cunning band. Well, at first I'd like to mention it is not the Oceansize we used to know before. IMHO Oceansize is a great modern Heavy Prog band (famous for its neverending energy). This EP demostrates a lighter and mellower side of this band - but ... (read more)

Report this review (#247475) | Posted by Paper Champion | Saturday, October 31, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of OCEANSIZE "Home & Minor"