GENESIS LIVE 1973 - 2007

2. Carpet Crawlers
3. Robbery, Assault & Battery
4. Afterglow
5. Firth of Fifth
6. I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)
7. The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
8. The Musical Box (closing)
9. Supper's Ready
10. The Cinema Show
11. Dance on a Volcano
12. Los Endos

"Three Sides Live" (Stereo only)

1. Turn It On Again
2. Dodo
3. Abacab
4. Behind the Lines
5. Duchess
6. Me and Sarah Jane
7. Follow You Follow Me
8. Misunderstanding
9. In the Cage (Medley: Cinema Show/Slippermen)
10. Afterglow
11. One for the Vine
12. Fountain of Salmacis
13. It/Watcher of the Skies

"The Way We Walk" (Stereo only)

1. Land of Confusion
2. No Son of Mine
3. Driving the Last Spike
4. Old Medley (Dance on a Volcano/The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway/The 5. Musical Box/Firth of Fifth/I Know What I Like)
6. Throwing It All Away
7. Fading Lights
8. Jesus He Knows Me
9. Home by the Sea/Second Home by the Sea
10. Hold On My Heart
11. Domino (In the Glow of the Night/The Last Domino)
12. The Drum Thing
13. I Can't Dance
14. Tonight, Tonight, Tonight
15. Invisible Touch
16. Turn It On Again
17. Mama
18. That's All
19. In Too Deep

(Space in the box set for "Live Over Europe")

"Live At The Rainbow 1973" (Stereo/5.1)

1. Watcher of the Skies (5.1 version only)
2. Dancing with the Moonlit Knight
3. The Cinema Show
4. I Know What I Like(In Your Wardrobe)
5. Firth of Fifth
6. The Musical Box (5.1 version only)
7. More Fool Me

- Mike Rutherford / guitar, bass
- Chester Thompson / drums
- Darryl Strummer / guitar, bass
- Bill Bruford / drums

Thanks to Ykoz for the addition
and to proglucky for the last updates

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS Genesis Live 1973 - 2007 Music

Turn It on Again: The HitsTurn It on Again: The Hits
Atlantic 2007
Lamb Lies Down on BroadwayLamb Lies Down on Broadway
EMI Europe Generic 2009
Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)
Rhino 2007
Seconds OutSeconds Out
Atlantic 1994
GENESIS - FORWARDS BACKWARDS - RARE - CD US $39.99 [1 bids]
41m 35s
STEVE HACKETT - UK CONCERT FLYER 2013 - GENESIS REVISITED WORLD TOUR !!!!!!!!!!! US $1.64 [0 bids]
RCA We Know What We Like from Genesis 1st Press Japan 6242-2 RC GREAT SHAPE US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
GENESIS - THE WAY WE WALK - VOLUME ONE: THE SHORTS - CD - LIKE NEW CONDITION US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
GENESIS - NO SON OF MINE 12" + LTD. EDITION PRINT UNPLAYED US $9.95 [0 bids]
GENESIS - THE WAY WE WALK - VOLUME TWO: THE LONGS - CD - LIKE NEW CONDITION US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Genesis - And Then There Were Three CD WARNER US $15.29 Buy It Now 1h 41m
GENESIS Rock Roots (From Genesis to Revelation) LP - 1978 UK Vinyl Album EX+/EX+ US $12.77 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Genesis - Misunderstanding - 7" 1980 - Ex US $1.15 [0 bids]
GENESIS - FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME 7" RARE UK PIC SLEEVE ORIGINAL US $9.95 [0 bids]
GENESIS - WE CAN'T DANCE - CD - LIKE NEW CONDITION US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Genesis Phil Collins 1986_STILL SEALED_RARE PROMO POSTER_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $93.52 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Genesis - Tonight, Tonight, Tonight - 7" Single - Vinyl US $1.64 [0 bids]
Genesis - In Too Deep - 7" Single - Vinyl US $1.64 [0 bids]
Genesis - Mama - 7" Single - Vinyl US $1.64 [0 bids]
GENESIS - INVISIBLE TOUCH - CD - LIKE NEW CONDITION US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 53m
J. Genesis - Victory CD US $13.78 Buy It Now 3h
GENESIS-FOXTROT-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 3h 14m
NONESSENCE GENESIS - Genesis of the Fall CD US $6.90 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Genesis - Duke - Record LP US $11.78 Buy It Now 3h 22m
GENESIS ABACAB, 1981 ATLANTIC SD-19313, PROG ROCK LP Record US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Talisman -Genesis (Deluxe Edition) US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
GENESIS 'KEEP IT DARK' UK 12" SINGLE US $13.27 Buy It Now 3h 53m
GENESIS 'MAMA' UK 12" SINGLE US $13.27 Buy It Now 3h 53m
Psychic TV,CD,Descending,Genesis P-Orrige from Throbbing Gristle,Descending US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 59m
CASSETTE: MIKE & THE MECHANICS Beggar ROCK POP Genesis US $4.97 Buy It Now 4h
CASSETTE: PETER GABRIEL Security POP USA ROCK GENESIS US $4.97 Buy It Now 4h
CASSETTE: PETER GABRIEL Us POP USA ROCK GENESIS US $3.30 Buy It Now 4h
CASSETTE: GENESIS Foxtrot ROCK POP US $9.95 Buy It Now 4h
Genesis The Mail On Sunday Newspaper, Promo CD US $3.30 Buy It Now 4h 5m
GENESIS Invisible Touch TOUR PROGRAMME + 2 TICKETS US $24.91 [0 bids]
Genesis - Nursery Cryme (1994) CD DEFINITIVE EDITION REMASTER US $3.16 [5 bids]
Peter Gabriel - 1977 self titled LP genesis Israeli cvr US $29.99 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Abacab by Genesis (Cassette, Oct-1994, Atco (USA)) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Invisible Touch by Genesis (Cassette, Oct-1990, Atlantic (Label)) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Genesis From Genesis To Revelation CD Album US $21.59 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Genesis by Chieli Minnucci & Special EFX US $8.00 [0 bids]
BUSTA RHYMES-GENESIS,Artist - , in Good condition US $3.95 Buy It Now 4h 59m
MIKE RUTHERFORD Hideaway 7" ITALY POP GENESIS US $8.29 Buy It Now 5h 9m
Phil Collins Dance Into The Light LIKE NEW 13 Track CD 1996 Genesis US $7.01 Buy It Now 5h 16m
Genesis S/T 1983 Record Club Press, NEAR MINT, Ultrasonic Cleaned, A+ SOUND! US $6.99 [0 bids]
Genesis Three Sides Live 1982 1st Atlantic Master, CLEAN, EXC, A+ SOUND! US $5.99 [0 bids]
Genesis Abacab 1981 Record Club Press, Near Mint, Ultrasonic Cleaned! US $6.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS - Framed CD Presentation Disc Display US $24.89 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Genesis(7" Vinyl)Follow You Follow Me-Charisma-CB 309-UK-Ex/VG+ US $9.95 Buy It Now 5h 19m
Genesis A Trick of the Tail 1976 A-1 1st 1976 Atco Press ULTRASONIC Cleaned US $32.00 Buy It Now 5h 20m
Genesis - Way We Walk Vol.2 ( Live/The Longs) The (1993) US $3.30 [0 bids]
GENESIS A Trick Of The Tail GATEFOLD +inner sleeve CHARISMA 1976 FREE UK POST US $19.26 Buy It Now 5h 36m
genesis lp duke US $8.30 [0 bids]
Genesis, Invisible Touch 1986 Phil Collins. US $5.00 [0 bids]
Genesis LP " Nursery Cryme " Charisma " Mad Hatter " label UK 70s pressing US $14.03 Buy It Now 5h 45m
GENESIS-DUKE LP CHEAP US $9.95 Buy It Now 5h 45m
...AND OCEANS - A.M.G.O.D. ALLOTROPIC/METAMORPHIC - GENESIS OF DIMORPHISM Tape US $5.90 Buy It Now 5h 48m
Genesis 7" Single Abacab US $1.64 [0 bids]
Genesis: And Then There Were Three... [Vinyl] As Is US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 50m
Abacab, Genesis, Good Original recording US $6.00 Buy It Now 5h 51m
Genesis 7" Single Invisible Touch US $1.64 [0 bids]
Genesis - Three Sides Live LP. G/F 2x12" Vinyl Re-Issue 1982. Rock/Prog US $6.63 [0 bids]
Genesis(2x12" Vinyl LP Gatefold)Seconds Out-Atlantic-2SD 9002-Canada-VG/VG US $21.57 Buy It Now 6h
Genesis(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Duke-Charisma-9124 053-UK-VG+/Ex US $11.61 Buy It Now 6h 2m
GENESIS INVISIBLE TOUR PROGRAMME US $16.61 Buy It Now 6h 4m
Genesis- Mama 7" US $6.64 Buy It Now 6h 10m
GENESIS AND THEN THERE WERE THREE 1978 ATLANTIC RECORDS SD-19173 US $8.49 Buy It Now 6h 13m
GENESIS 'SECONDS OUT' WEST GERMAN IMPORT DOUBLE LP US $16.59 Buy It Now 6h 14m
GENESIS 'DUKE' UK LP US $11.61 Buy It Now 6h 14m
GENESIS 'A TRICK OF THE TAIL' US IMPORT LP US $21.57 Buy It Now 6h 14m
GENESIS 'AND THEN THERE WERE THREE' UK LP US $13.27 Buy It Now 6h 14m
GENESIS 'FOXTROT' PORTUGUESE IMPORT LP US $16.59 Buy It Now 6h 14m
GENESIS 'ABACAB' UK LP (GREY/YELLOW/BLUE/PINK SLEEVE) US $13.27 Buy It Now 6h 14m
GENESIS 'ABACAB' UK LP (BLUE/PINK/GREEN/RED SLEEVE) US $13.27 Buy It Now 6h 14m
GENESIS 'TRESPASS' UK LP US $14.93 Buy It Now 6h 14m
GENESIS 'SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND' UK LP US $21.57 Buy It Now 6h 14m
GENESIS 'INVISIBLE TOUCH' UK LP US $13.27 Buy It Now 6h 14m
GENESIS 'THE LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY' ITALIAN IMPORT LP US $13.27 Buy It Now 6h 14m
GENESIS 'ABACAB' UK LP (YELLOW/RED/GREEN/GREY SLEEVE) US $13.27 Buy It Now 6h 14m
GENESIS 'NURSERY CRYME' UK LP US $16.59 Buy It Now 6h 14m
GENESIS 'GENESIS' SELF-TITLED UK LP US $13.27 Buy It Now 6h 14m
Genesis- That's All 7" US $6.64 Buy It Now 6h 19m
Genesis Nursery Cryme A2/B2 Charisma Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED, VG+, Shrink US $17.60 Buy It Now 6h 24m
GENESIS INVISIBLE TOUCH**1986 CASSETTE TAPE** VERY GOOD TO EXCELLENT US $2.75 [0 bids]
VARIOUS 'THE OLD GREY WHISTLE TEST TAKE TWO' UK DOUBLE LP GENESIS CAMEL HENDRIX US $18.25 Buy It Now 6h 27m
GAUTHIER MARY - GENESIS (THE EARLY YEARS) - PRPCD035 US $21.42 Buy It Now 6h 34m
Mike Rutherford Small Creep's Day 2007 CD Smallcreeps Genesis & The Mechanics US $24.89 Buy It Now 6h 36m
GENESIS MAMA 12" EP 1983 & 3 X 3 7" EP 1982 BOTH EX WITH CD BACKUP US $9.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS LIVE CD P1997 ULTRA RARE TRAX BRAZIL ONLY 13 TRACKS US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 40m
STEVE HACKETT-Genesis-BLUES WITH A FEELING-UK ENHANCED CD-CAMINA RECORDS PRESS US $5.99 [0 bids]
Genesis Mama 7" Vinyl P/S Single US $4.15 [0 bids]
ANTHONY PHILLIPS - Private Parts & Pieces (Genesis) US $14.00 Buy It Now 6h 52m
GENESIS JAPAN OBI AND THEN THERE WERE THREE NM MINT- US $59.99 Buy It Now 7h 3m
LOT OF 2 GENESIS CDs GENESIS & INVISIBLE TOUCH EUC US $8.88 [0 bids]
GENESIS-SECONDS OUT 1977 ATLANTIC RECORDS GATEFOLD 2 LP'S SD 2-9002 EXC. VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 6m

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS Genesis Live 1973 - 2007 ratings distribution

GENESIS Genesis Live 1973 - 2007 reviews

Review by Nightfly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
3 stars After releasing all their studio albums in three luxurious box sets, not surprisingly Genesis have now turned their attention to the live albums. The 1970 - 75 box set in particular was a masterclass in how to repackage your back catalogue with the albums sounding better than ever in both stereo and 5.1 mixes and wonderful DVD footage capturing the band at their artistic peak and interesting interview footage giving an insight into the making of the albums. Sadly the same can't be said for the Live box. Oh sure, there's some excellent music here, but the overall package short changes the Genesis fan.

I'm not going to get into in depth reviews of individual albums here, there's plenty already under each albums own heading. This review is intended to address the worthiness of the box set as a whole. Most fans of the band will no doubt own most of the material here already, so with the lack of unreleased incentives to entice the buyer it's a tough call on if it's worth shelling out around 80 for or not. There have been a few poor decisions made here about what and what not to include, more of this later.

Genesis Live, their excellent 1973 release and only live album released whilst Peter Gabriel was in the band has been polished a bit and sounds fine, though there's not the noticeable sonic improvements clearly audible on the studio albums of this era. An opportunity has been missed to expand on the original album. For example I'm sure most fans would have welcomed the addition of Suppers Ready from these shows which in known to be in the vaults. The reason for its non appearance is apparently because as a version by the Gabriel era line up appears on the Live At The Rainbow disc which is supposedly better it was not deemed worthy of inclusion. I'm sure I'm not the only fan who would have liked to have been given the opportunity to have made my own mind up and welcomed both versions. Instead the album is padded out with five tracks from The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway 1975 tour and whilst they're very welcome and are very good versions they do seem a little out of place. A bonus disc would have been a better option. This disc also appears as a 5.1 mix which I can't really give a valid judgement on due to my ancient TV's 5'1 system not being up to the job.

Of most interest to classic era fans here will no doubt be the Live At the Rainbow 1973 disc. For me this is the ultimate Genesis live recording, the band putting on a particularly stunning and powerful performance brimming with energy and it sounds fantastic too. You will of course already have some of this show if you own the Archive Volume 1 box set. However it now includes very worthy extra material but again poor decisions have been made. The extras are The Cinema Show, The Battle Of Epping Forest, Watcher Of The Skies and The Musical Box, all brilliant versions by the way. The only problem is the latter two frustratingly only appear on the 5.1 disc. The reason for this decision is apparently because of running times and it would have been required to make it a double cd. So what! I can handle that and wouldn't have minded paying a little more.

Moving onto the Phil Collins on vocals era Seconds Out is rightly regarded as a classic album, many fans of the band citing this as their favourite live release by the band. With the exception of the revamped Live At The Rainbow I'd probably agree with this and its been nicely packaged in a book style cover and also appears as a 5.1 mix. I'm very happy with the remastered sound of the stereo version but again I'll reserve judgement on the 5.1 mix until I have the opportunity to hear it on a decent 5.1 system.

Three Sides Live appears as a stereo mix only as the 5.1 mix will appear on the DVD version to be released in the final box set of the series later this month. Hmm, would have been nice to have that included here. I can't put hand on heart and say it sounds any better than my original album vinyl version to be honest. In fact my initial impression as Turn It On Again comes from the speakers is that it sounded a little flat compared to my vinyl copy.

The Way We Walk for the same reasons as Three Sides Live also only appears as a stereo mix. It's the weakest of the bands live albums here relying heavily on the bands more lightweight and commercial eighties output. The older material that does appear sounds far inferior to earlier versions, to a large extent down to Tony Banks keyboard sounds. Ironically his more up to date eighties synths just don't cut it. A decision I do agree with is that the track listing has been reversed to the original running order where originally the album was released as two separate Cd's divided between the long and short tracks.

Another wise decision was not to include the 2007 release Live Over Europe. Being so recent understandably no audio improvements were deemed possible. However, space has been left to insert your copy if you already own it. I didn't and have been enticed to buy it just to complete my box set so maybe they're boxing clever there after all.

I'm sure most people's biggest gripe is going to be the exclusion of live video footage here. Okay, they've already released a fair bit on previous box sets but I'm sure they could have dug up something and it would have been a nice gesture to have included the Three Sides Live and The Way We Walk DVD versions as part of this package instead of in another box set.

The Live At The Rainbow is an essential Genesis live album and my biggest incentive for buying this even though I already own the Archive box set version. Also prior to owning this I only had the Live albums as vinyl versions. If you already own them on cd you will have to think long and hard as to whether it's worth such a hefty expense for them all again, particularly with the lack of bonus material.

Send comments to Nightfly (BETA) | Report this review (#248420) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 06, 2009

Review by lor68
3 stars As usual their live recordings- regarding the most famous symphonic prog band (afterwards most popular poppy/pop rock band of the Collins Era)- are not up to the task linked to their fame.

Moreover (even though most of "Selling England By The Pound"- at the time of its release- is present here!), there's not a good job concerning the re-master of "Second's Out" and- in particular- between track 1 and 2, where unfortunately you can listen to some evident defects inside and random noise within, probably due to an unperfect cleaning of the original tape...so at this point it's better listening to the remastered version of their double album "Second's Out", rather than the present one, but nevermind...the concert performed at Rainbow Theatre (dated 1973) was an important gig and in general, the new re-master has improved all their recordings within the box set (taken from various concerts, including one of their most celebrated ones, which was performed in Paris), also regarding of a simple 2 channel version in the place of a multi-channel method in 5.1. Talking about "Three Sides Live" I don't want to add anything else.. I don't like neither that period nor the approach emerging from their modern live gigs, which is too much easy in my opinion...but probably each fan of their old Era- obviously- keep on prefering the theatrical approach of the most important romantic prog band ever (not necessarily the best one..).

Make your own choice as usual, even though in my opinion Genesis (except on the original Second's Out) don't show the best side of themselves in their "normal" live performances!!

Good, but non- essential...

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#276069) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 03, 2010

3 stars I am thrilled with this set. In fact, I feel these discs, especially the oldest album (Live 1973) benefits the most sonically. However, having been cleaned up I am a bit surprised at how sloppy that first live album is, at least as far as Rutherford's bass work and, to a lesser degree, Hacket ... (read more)

Report this review (#904110) | Posted by wehpanzer | Friday, February 01, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars CD utterly destroyed 'Seconds out', turning what was arguably one of the best live albums ever into nothing more than 'easy listening.' I kid you not. When I used to hear the original vinyl album the drums were absolutely fantastic on 'Firth of fifth', 'Cinema show' and 'Los endos.' Okay, it ... (read more)

Report this review (#627458) | Posted by sussexbowler | Monday, February 06, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GENESIS "Genesis Live 1973 - 2007"