GENESIS LIVE 1973 - 2007

2. Carpet Crawlers
3. Robbery, Assault & Battery
4. Afterglow
5. Firth of Fifth
6. I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)
7. The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
8. The Musical Box (closing)
9. Supper's Ready
10. The Cinema Show
11. Dance on a Volcano
12. Los Endos

"Three Sides Live" (Stereo only)

1. Turn It On Again
2. Dodo
3. Abacab
4. Behind the Lines
5. Duchess
6. Me and Sarah Jane
7. Follow You Follow Me
8. Misunderstanding
9. In the Cage (Medley: Cinema Show/Slippermen)
10. Afterglow
11. One for the Vine
12. Fountain of Salmacis
13. It/Watcher of the Skies

"The Way We Walk" (Stereo only)

1. Land of Confusion
2. No Son of Mine
3. Driving the Last Spike
4. Old Medley (Dance on a Volcano/The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway/The 5. Musical Box/Firth of Fifth/I Know What I Like)
6. Throwing It All Away
7. Fading Lights
8. Jesus He Knows Me
9. Home by the Sea/Second Home by the Sea
10. Hold On My Heart
11. Domino (In the Glow of the Night/The Last Domino)
12. The Drum Thing
13. I Can't Dance
14. Tonight, Tonight, Tonight
15. Invisible Touch
16. Turn It On Again
17. Mama
18. That's All
19. In Too Deep

(Space in the box set for "Live Over Europe")

"Live At The Rainbow 1973" (Stereo/5.1)

1. Watcher of the Skies (5.1 version only)
2. Dancing with the Moonlit Knight
3. The Cinema Show
4. I Know What I Like(In Your Wardrobe)
5. Firth of Fifth
6. The Musical Box (5.1 version only)
7. More Fool Me

- Mike Rutherford / guitar, bass
- Chester Thompson / drums
- Darryl Strummer / guitar, bass
- Bill Bruford / drums

Thanks to Ykoz for the addition
and to proglucky for the last updates

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS Genesis Live 1973 - 2007 Music

Atlantic 1994
Wind & WutheringWind & Wuthering
And Then There Were ThreeAnd Then There Were Three
Wea Int'l 1994
Genesis Live: The Way We Walk, Vol. 2 (The Longs) by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD,... US $2.19 Buy It Now 31m 19s
GENESIS Wind & Wuthering ATCO SD 36-144 VINYL LP In Shrink w Hype Sticker M- US $7.00 Buy It Now 33m 38s
GENESIS LP-DUKE/ATLANTIC RECORDS, 1980 SD-16014 VG++ NICE 'N' GLOSSY US $9.98 Buy It Now 41m 4s
Genesis "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight" 45rpm Vinyl Record w/ Sleeve Phil Collins 86 US $2.99 [0 bids]
44m 46s
Don McLean - Crying / Genesis (In The Beginning) 7" 45 - Millenium - Pop Rock US $2.84 Buy It Now 48m 49s
Anthony Phillips A Catch At The Tables UK CD NEW '91 Virgin Genesis Camel X-Cess US $49.00 Buy It Now 49m 10s
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION ADDITION - SOUND TRACK / Japan CD / OBI / 1996 / Anime US $14.99 Buy It Now 49m 33s
GENESIS Classical Tribute LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA 1987 vinyl LP Steve Hackett US $9.99 [0 bids]
52m 1s
GENESIS, The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway PORKY USA 1st pressing EXCELLENT- 2LP US $42.99 Buy It Now 55m 14s
GENESIS, Trespass [Charisma] UK A2U matrix LP Peter Gabriel US $42.99 Buy It Now 55m 14s
Calling All Stations by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Sep-1997, Atlantic (Label)) US $7.50 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Genesis - Peter Gabriel - Foxtrot - Japan Mini LP SHM CD New US $38.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
GENESIS (PETER GABRIEL) "Live" LP 1973 ORIG GERMAN PRESS Charisma - No UPC US $23.88 Buy It Now 1h 5m
GENESIS (PETER GABRIEL) "Trespass" LP 1970 ORIG EARLY ABC No UPC Gatefold Cover US $24.88 Buy It Now 1h 5m
GENESIS, Foxtrot [Charisma] UK A2 matrix EXCELLENT- LP Peter Gabriel US $32.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
GENESIS, Foxtrot [Charisma] USA 2nd pressing EXCELLENT- LP Peter Gabriel US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
GENESIS PHIL COLLINS / I DON'T CARE ANYMORE LIVE IN HOLLAND 1982 LP US $69.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Genesis - That's All 7" 45 - Atlantic - Oldies US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h 14m
CD - Genesis - The Way We Walk, Vol. 2 Live - 50 S/H For Each Additional CD US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Genesis "Abacab" (SD 19313) - Vinyl / LP / VG+ US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 20m
CD - Genesis - Invisible Touch - 50 S/H For Each Extra CD US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
MIKE & THE MECHANICS, Nobody's Perfect PROMO SPANISH PS 45 GENESIS US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
GENESIS, Land of Confusion MISPRESS NO LABEL UK 1st pressing A4 matrix PS 45 US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
PETER GABRIEL, Solsbury Hill (Live) FLEXI-DISC UK 45 GENESIS US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
GENESIS ~ I Cant Dance ~ 12" Single US $12.76 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Genesis - Duke - Virgin Charisma UK CD CBRCD 101 - German Blue Face West Germany US $9.99 [0 bids]
Genesis - Duke - Virgin Charisma UK CD CBRCD 101 - Made in France by MPO US $9.99 [0 bids]
Live Genesis vinyl LP album record Japanese RJ-7225 CHARISMA 1977 US $74.90 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Genesis No Son of Mine US Promo CD Atlantic PRCD 4296-2 Radio Edit Phil Collins US $8.99 [0 bids]
CHRIS THOMAS KING THE LEGEND OF TOMMY JOHNSON BLUES CD ACT : GENESIS 1900's-90's US $3.95 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Genesis Live: The Way We Walk, Vol. 1 (The Shorts) by Genesis (U.K. Band)... US $1.00 [0 bids]
2h
Phil Collins - No Jacket Required - Atlantic West German Target CD - Genesis US $8.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS Seconds Out FIRST PRESS JAPAN 2 CD CP32-5126 Phil Collins US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 13m
GENESIS SELF TITLED ORIGINAL INNER SLEEVE LP 505 US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 13m
+ GENESIS - No Son Of Mine - Single CD 3trk VGC US $3.62 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Life in European Japan Promo Vinyl LP Jam Weller Clash Genesis Madness Specials US $99.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
PHIL COLLINS "NM WAX" No Jacket Required Japan Press Genesis LP g3796 US $59.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
STEVE HACKETT~"Cell 151"~UK Charisma 12" 1982~Genesis US $13.62 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Genesis(7" Vinyl)In Too Deep-Virgin/Charisma-GEN 2-UK-VG+/VG+ US $5.10 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Genesis, Busta Rhymes, Very Good Explicit Lyrics US $3.50 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Genesis Invisible Touch UK Vinyl LP Signed Copy Mike & Mechanics Tony Banks US $99.99 Buy It Now 3h 25m
GENESIS - PLATINUM COLLECTIION - 3 CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 29m
GENESIS ...AND THEN THERE WERE THREE GATE FOLD COVER LP 740 US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 45m
Genesis(Vinyl LP Gatefold)& Then There Were Three-CDS 4010-Charisma-VG/Ex US $13.62 Buy It Now 3h 46m
GENESIS-DUKE-ORIGINAL 1st YUGOSLAV PRESS LP '80-RTB 2220261-PROGRESSIVE ART ROCK US $24.00 Buy It Now 4h 2m
GENESIS LIVE ITALY IMPORT LP 740 US $10.99 Buy It Now 4h 9m
GENESIS 7" PS JAPAN INVISIBLE TOUCH r3646 US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 14m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - ILLEGAL ALIEN - GENESIS - AL1 US $11.91 Buy It Now 4h 22m
GENESIS_red printing on cassette version_used Cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $11.33 Buy It Now 4h 33m
Genesis Invisible Touch CD Album US $2.95 Buy It Now 4h 40m
TONY BANKS~"A Curious Feeling"~UK Charisma LP 1979~CAS1148~GENESIS+WICKED LADY!! US $13.62 Buy It Now 4h 43m
PHIL COLLINS - HITS CD ~ ONE MORE NIGHT ( GENESIS ) GREATEST~BEST OF 80's *NEW* US $12.74 Buy It Now 4h 46m
GENESIS GENESIS LP Vinyl Album NEW US $35.77 Buy It Now 5h 25m
GENESIS - BBC SESSIONS 1970/1972 - VERY RARE - CD US $34.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS 1976-1982 LP Vinyl Album NEW US $146.54 Buy It Now 5h 41m
Genesis - Trespass [CD New] US $5.23 Buy It Now 5h 55m
2 LP Lot Genesis "abacab" Gold stamped serial # & Yes "Classic" US $13.99 Buy It Now 6h 26m
Genesis - We Can't Dance (1991) lot002 US $4.26 Buy It Now 6h 33m
GENESIS ATLANTIC 12" INVISIBLE TOUCH b/w THE LAST DOMINO MINT MINUS US $3.95 Buy It Now 6h 38m
GENESIS LIVE THE WAY WE WALK -VOL 1 SHORTS (CASSETTE) US $3.39 Buy It Now 6h 39m
Genesis - A Trick Of The Tail Light Blue Face CD No barcode CDSCD 4001 01 MATRIX US $17.02 Buy It Now 7h
genesis foxtrot Pink Charisma First Pressing Vg+ Nice! US $5.99 [0 bids]
2PM - GENESIS OF 2PM (IMPORT) NEW CD US $62.04 Buy It Now 7h 27m
GENESIS - FOXTROT / NM MINT- SUPERB PERFECT CONDITION / US $89.99 Buy It Now 7h 29m
Turn It on Again: The Hits by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Oct-1999, Atlantic... US $6.75 Buy It Now 7h 30m
We Can't Dance by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Nov-1991, Atlantic (Label)) US $7.25 Buy It Now 7h 30m
The Charisma Poser UK CD NEW 93 Genesis Bell+Arc String Driven Thing Bert Jansch US $35.00 Buy It Now 7h 31m
JON ANDERSON Song Of Seven LP Yes Mystery Asia ELP Genesis Floyd / Atlantic 1980 US $8.52 Buy It Now 7h 36m
GENESIS Live/The Way We Walk CD 11 Track Album US $7.24 Buy It Now 7h 44m
GENESIS Invisible Touch/Invisible Touch(extended Touch)/The Last Domino 12" US $15.32 Buy It Now 7h 48m
Genesis "Mama/It's Gonna Get Better" 12" Extended Single US $4.95 Buy It Now 7h 52m
GENESIS Trespass UK vinyl LP in gatefold sleeve Charisma CAS 1020 US $34.07 Buy It Now 7h 52m
Genesis - And Then There Were Three [CD New] US $9.21 Buy It Now 7h 55m
GENESIS RIDDIM - V/A Inc Luciano Mikey General (NEW & SEALED) CD Roots Reggae US $5.10 Buy It Now 8h 6m
Genesis / Queen / Oldfield / 10 CC / Roxy Music / Kate Bush / OMD / RARE 2xCD US $21.74 Buy It Now 8h 23m
FAIRPORT CONVENTION SI TU DOIS PARTIR/GENESIS HALL 1969 EX COPY US $15.32 Buy It Now 8h 26m
GENESIS In Too Deep(from MONA LISA /Do The Neurotic-prev.UNRELEASED Unedited 12" US $15.32 Buy It Now 8h 27m
Genesis (45605) 8x10 Photo US $5.96 Buy It Now 8h 33m
GENESIS Rock Roots DECCA 1969 UK press US $15.32 Buy It Now 8h 41m
GENESIS---THE LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY US $8.00 Buy It Now 8h 42m
Genesis Original London LP 1974 1st US Release US $14.00 Buy It Now 8h 54m
Genesis(2x12" Vinyl LP Gatefold)Seconds Out-Atlantic-2SD 9002-Canada-VG/VG US $25.99 Buy It Now 8h 55m
We Can't Dance - Genesis (CD 1991) XCLNT Cond Fast FREE Ship US $5.29 Buy It Now 8h 55m
GENESIS - GENESIS LIVE,12" ALBUM ON VINYL US $1.69 [1 bids]
GENESIS genesis TOP 1983 MEXICO LP SEALED latin america collectible mexican US $16.99 Buy It Now 9h 6m
GENESIS sigueme y te sigo follow you MEXICO 7" mexican latin america rare US $33.99 Buy It Now 9h 6m
GENESIS-Lot of 2 magazine adverts US $5.10 Buy It Now 9h 12m
NM 12"~GENESIS~Land Of Confusion~[Extended Mix~6:35]~Short~Feeding The Fire~ US $4.57 [0 bids]
Genesis - And Then There Were Three... + Rare Insert * EX * Vinyl - A4/B5 Matrix US $10.14 Buy It Now 9h 26m
GENESIS Foxtrot LP Reissue Lovely copy. US $11.93 Buy It Now 9h 35m
B.Howard - Genesis [Limited Japan Edition] +2 Bonus Tracks New w/OBI RARE CD US $6.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS Cassettes (Qty 4) US $3.50 [0 bids]
GENESIS - KEEP IT DARK - 7" VINYL 1981 PICTURE SLEEVE CHARISMA US $5.10 Buy It Now 9h 44m
GENESIS - No Son Of Mine - 45rpm record US $2.00 Buy It Now 9h 46m
Genesis(7" Vinyl)In Too Deep-Charisma-GENS 2-UK-Ex-/VG+ US $5.10 Buy It Now 9h 48m
We Can't Dance by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Nov-1991, Atlantic (Label)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS The LAMB Lies DOWN On BROADWAY 1974 - C/5 D/5 LP Stereo US $9.46 Buy It Now 10h 8m
STEVE HACKETT / GENESIS TWO CLASSIC VINYL LP'S INCLUDING HIGHLY STRUNG * EX / EX US $15.25 Buy It Now 10h 16m
Genesis(7" Vinyl P/S)In Too Deep-Virgin-GENS 2-UK-Ex/VG US $8.99 Buy It Now 10h 22m
GENESIS Invisible Touch Japan CD 1986 Version Rare 80s US $17.99 Buy It Now 10h 23m

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS Genesis Live 1973 - 2007 ratings distribution

GENESIS Genesis Live 1973 - 2007 reviews

Review by Nightfly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
3 stars After releasing all their studio albums in three luxurious box sets, not surprisingly Genesis have now turned their attention to the live albums. The 1970 - 75 box set in particular was a masterclass in how to repackage your back catalogue with the albums sounding better than ever in both stereo and 5.1 mixes and wonderful DVD footage capturing the band at their artistic peak and interesting interview footage giving an insight into the making of the albums. Sadly the same can't be said for the Live box. Oh sure, there's some excellent music here, but the overall package short changes the Genesis fan.

I'm not going to get into in depth reviews of individual albums here, there's plenty already under each albums own heading. This review is intended to address the worthiness of the box set as a whole. Most fans of the band will no doubt own most of the material here already, so with the lack of unreleased incentives to entice the buyer it's a tough call on if it's worth shelling out around 80 for or not. There have been a few poor decisions made here about what and what not to include, more of this later.

Genesis Live, their excellent 1973 release and only live album released whilst Peter Gabriel was in the band has been polished a bit and sounds fine, though there's not the noticeable sonic improvements clearly audible on the studio albums of this era. An opportunity has been missed to expand on the original album. For example I'm sure most fans would have welcomed the addition of Suppers Ready from these shows which in known to be in the vaults. The reason for its non appearance is apparently because as a version by the Gabriel era line up appears on the Live At The Rainbow disc which is supposedly better it was not deemed worthy of inclusion. I'm sure I'm not the only fan who would have liked to have been given the opportunity to have made my own mind up and welcomed both versions. Instead the album is padded out with five tracks from The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway 1975 tour and whilst they're very welcome and are very good versions they do seem a little out of place. A bonus disc would have been a better option. This disc also appears as a 5.1 mix which I can't really give a valid judgement on due to my ancient TV's 5'1 system not being up to the job.

Of most interest to classic era fans here will no doubt be the Live At the Rainbow 1973 disc. For me this is the ultimate Genesis live recording, the band putting on a particularly stunning and powerful performance brimming with energy and it sounds fantastic too. You will of course already have some of this show if you own the Archive Volume 1 box set. However it now includes very worthy extra material but again poor decisions have been made. The extras are The Cinema Show, The Battle Of Epping Forest, Watcher Of The Skies and The Musical Box, all brilliant versions by the way. The only problem is the latter two frustratingly only appear on the 5.1 disc. The reason for this decision is apparently because of running times and it would have been required to make it a double cd. So what! I can handle that and wouldn't have minded paying a little more.

Moving onto the Phil Collins on vocals era Seconds Out is rightly regarded as a classic album, many fans of the band citing this as their favourite live release by the band. With the exception of the revamped Live At The Rainbow I'd probably agree with this and its been nicely packaged in a book style cover and also appears as a 5.1 mix. I'm very happy with the remastered sound of the stereo version but again I'll reserve judgement on the 5.1 mix until I have the opportunity to hear it on a decent 5.1 system.

Three Sides Live appears as a stereo mix only as the 5.1 mix will appear on the DVD version to be released in the final box set of the series later this month. Hmm, would have been nice to have that included here. I can't put hand on heart and say it sounds any better than my original album vinyl version to be honest. In fact my initial impression as Turn It On Again comes from the speakers is that it sounded a little flat compared to my vinyl copy.

The Way We Walk for the same reasons as Three Sides Live also only appears as a stereo mix. It's the weakest of the bands live albums here relying heavily on the bands more lightweight and commercial eighties output. The older material that does appear sounds far inferior to earlier versions, to a large extent down to Tony Banks keyboard sounds. Ironically his more up to date eighties synths just don't cut it. A decision I do agree with is that the track listing has been reversed to the original running order where originally the album was released as two separate Cd's divided between the long and short tracks.

Another wise decision was not to include the 2007 release Live Over Europe. Being so recent understandably no audio improvements were deemed possible. However, space has been left to insert your copy if you already own it. I didn't and have been enticed to buy it just to complete my box set so maybe they're boxing clever there after all.

I'm sure most people's biggest gripe is going to be the exclusion of live video footage here. Okay, they've already released a fair bit on previous box sets but I'm sure they could have dug up something and it would have been a nice gesture to have included the Three Sides Live and The Way We Walk DVD versions as part of this package instead of in another box set.

The Live At The Rainbow is an essential Genesis live album and my biggest incentive for buying this even though I already own the Archive box set version. Also prior to owning this I only had the Live albums as vinyl versions. If you already own them on cd you will have to think long and hard as to whether it's worth such a hefty expense for them all again, particularly with the lack of bonus material.

Send comments to Nightfly (BETA) | Report this review (#248420) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 06, 2009

Review by lor68
3 stars As usual their live recordings- regarding the most famous symphonic prog band (afterwards most popular poppy/pop rock band of the Collins Era)- are not up to the task linked to their fame.

Moreover (even though most of "Selling England By The Pound"- at the time of its release- is present here!), there's not a good job concerning the re-master of "Second's Out" and- in particular- between track 1 and 2, where unfortunately you can listen to some evident defects inside and random noise within, probably due to an unperfect cleaning of the original tape...so at this point it's better listening to the remastered version of their double album "Second's Out", rather than the present one, but nevermind...the concert performed at Rainbow Theatre (dated 1973) was an important gig and in general, the new re-master has improved all their recordings within the box set (taken from various concerts, including one of their most celebrated ones, which was performed in Paris), also regarding of a simple 2 channel version in the place of a multi-channel method in 5.1. Talking about "Three Sides Live" I don't want to add anything else.. I don't like neither that period nor the approach emerging from their modern live gigs, which is too much easy in my opinion...but probably each fan of their old Era- obviously- keep on prefering the theatrical approach of the most important romantic prog band ever (not necessarily the best one..).

Make your own choice as usual, even though in my opinion Genesis (except on the original Second's Out) don't show the best side of themselves in their "normal" live performances!!

Good, but non- essential...

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#276069) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 03, 2010

3 stars I am thrilled with this set. In fact, I feel these discs, especially the oldest album (Live 1973) benefits the most sonically. However, having been cleaned up I am a bit surprised at how sloppy that first live album is, at least as far as Rutherford's bass work and, to a lesser degree, Hacket ... (read more)

Report this review (#904110) | Posted by wehpanzer | Friday, February 01, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars CD utterly destroyed 'Seconds out', turning what was arguably one of the best live albums ever into nothing more than 'easy listening.' I kid you not. When I used to hear the original vinyl album the drums were absolutely fantastic on 'Firth of fifth', 'Cinema show' and 'Los endos.' Okay, it ... (read more)

Report this review (#627458) | Posted by sussexbowler | Monday, February 06, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GENESIS "Genesis Live 1973 - 2007"