GENESIS LIVE 1973 - 2007

2. Carpet Crawlers
3. Robbery, Assault & Battery
4. Afterglow
5. Firth of Fifth
6. I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)
7. The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
8. The Musical Box (closing)
9. Supper's Ready
10. The Cinema Show
11. Dance on a Volcano
12. Los Endos

"Three Sides Live" (Stereo only)

1. Turn It On Again
2. Dodo
3. Abacab
4. Behind the Lines
5. Duchess
6. Me and Sarah Jane
7. Follow You Follow Me
8. Misunderstanding
9. In the Cage (Medley: Cinema Show/Slippermen)
10. Afterglow
11. One for the Vine
12. Fountain of Salmacis
13. It/Watcher of the Skies

"The Way We Walk" (Stereo only)

1. Land of Confusion
2. No Son of Mine
3. Driving the Last Spike
4. Old Medley (Dance on a Volcano/The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway/The 5. Musical Box/Firth of Fifth/I Know What I Like)
6. Throwing It All Away
7. Fading Lights
8. Jesus He Knows Me
9. Home by the Sea/Second Home by the Sea
10. Hold On My Heart
11. Domino (In the Glow of the Night/The Last Domino)
12. The Drum Thing
13. I Can't Dance
14. Tonight, Tonight, Tonight
15. Invisible Touch
16. Turn It On Again
17. Mama
18. That's All
19. In Too Deep

(Space in the box set for "Live Over Europe")

"Live At The Rainbow 1973" (Stereo/5.1)

1. Watcher of the Skies (5.1 version only)
2. Dancing with the Moonlit Knight
3. The Cinema Show
4. I Know What I Like(In Your Wardrobe)
5. Firth of Fifth
6. The Musical Box (5.1 version only)
7. More Fool Me

- Mike Rutherford / guitar, bass
- Chester Thompson / drums
- Darryl Strummer / guitar, bass
- Bill Bruford / drums

Thanks to Ykoz for the addition
and to proglucky for the last updates

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS Genesis Live 1973 - 2007 Music

Turn It on Again: The HitsTurn It on Again: The Hits
Atlantic 2007
R-KiveR-Kive
Box set
Rhino 2014
Lamb Lies Down on BroadwayLamb Lies Down on Broadway
EMI Europe Generic 2009
Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)
Rhino 2007
TrespassTrespass
Fontana Mca 1993
GENESIS FOXTROT JAPAN MINI LP SACD + DVD HYBRID US $49.99 [0 bids]
29m 53s
GENESIS THE LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY JAPAN MINI LP SACD + DVD HYBRID US $92.00 [3 bids]
31m 53s
BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST-Live Tapes JAPAN 1st.Press w/OBI 2LP Pink Floyd Genesis US $99.99 [0 bids]
32m 16s
GENESIS - BBC SESSIONS 1970 -1972 - CD - RARE US $39.99 Buy It Now 33m 37s
PETER GABRIEL (GENESIS) - 1980 - "Peter Gabriel" W.Games Without Frontiers" US $5.29 [0 bids]
34m
MIKE + MECHANICS (GENESIS) -1985 - "S/T" W/Insert US $3.29 [0 bids]
34m 32s
GENESIS - 1972 - "Foxtrot" US $6.29 [0 bids]
34m 34s
Lot Of 4 OTHER GUYS CDs Garfunkel Banks Summers Welch POLICE GENESIS SIMON US $8.00 [0 bids]
39m 41s
GENESIS TRESPASS JAPAN AUTHENTIC SHM MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT RARE VJCP-98015 US $89.99 Buy It Now 49m 14s
Tales From Yesterday - Supper's Ready [Yes & Genesis Tribute Albums - 2 CD Pack] US $19.99 [0 bids]
49m 52s
GENESIS Yakta Mama LP NEW PSYCH ROCK SS VINYL US $27.99 Buy It Now 51m 27s
GENESIS - GENESIS ( MAMMA ) VINYL LP US $4.88 [0 bids]
56m 29s
Journey To The Moon BDS5045 12" Vinyl LP Buddah Records Sound of Genesis US $8.79 Buy It Now 1h
GENESIS TRICK OF THE TAIL SUPER RARE MINI LP WITH OBI JAPAN--USA SELLER US $56.00 [0 bids]
1h
We Can't Dance - Genesis (CD 1991) Near Mint Cond Fast FREE Ship I Can't Dance US $5.29 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Genesis - Wind & Wuthering - Orig 1976 Rel - Big Hatter Label - Exc Condition US $16.31 [0 bids]
GENESIS SELF TITLED MAMA 1983 ATLANTIC LP / RECORD US $7.99 [0 bids]
Genesis - Live - 1984 Repress - Blue Hatter Label - Exc Condition US $13.05 [0 bids]
Genesis-" And Then There Were Three"- vintage cassette US $2.00 [0 bids]
Genesis - A trick in the tail - Orig First Press 1976 Rel - Ex Condition US $8.16 [0 bids]
GENESIS Limited SACD(Hybrid)+DVD Duke Remastered 2007 Japan TOGP-15014 Mint US $44.93 [0 bids]
Genesis - Invisible Touch - 1st Press - Excellent Condition US $6.52 [0 bids]
GENESIS AND THEN THERE WERE THREE CD NEW 2007 REMASTER US $4.42 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Genesis ?- Genesis - Charisma ?- GEN LP 1 - 1st Press - With Inner - Exc Cond US $4.89 [0 bids]
Audio Cassette Tapes Wholesale LOT OF 61 - The Police Cyndi Lauper Genesis +MORE US $19.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS Private Press 1960's Psych Folk Christian MN Three Dog Night LP VG US $100.00 Buy It Now 1h 21m
GENESIS 1970~1975 JAPAN EMPTY BOX FOR MINI LP CD US $34.99 [1 bids]
Genesis ?- Abacab - Blue/Orange/Red/Green Cover - Orig 1981 - Exc Condition US $3.26 [0 bids]
Security - Peter Gabriel (Genesis) Early U.S. Press DADC Fast FREE SHIP EXCLNT US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
GENESIS NURSERY CRYME SEALED CD NEW REMASTERED US $5.57 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway NEW 2 x CD US $23.27 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Genesis~Selling England By The Pound LP~1980 reissue~Atlantic SD 19277 US $4.49 [0 bids]
GENESIS Lamb Lies Down on Broadway 1977 JAPAN 2 LP US $49.97 Buy It Now 1h 38m
GENESIS - A Trick of the Tail RARE SEALED MFSL 1/2 SPEED GATEFOLD RARE LP () US $349.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS Follow You Follow Me UK 7" Vinyl Single. Charisma CB 309 *Ballad Of Big US $1.61 [0 bids]
Mike & The Mechanics - Self Titled early JAPAN pressing made for US Genesis US $4.99 [0 bids]
LOT OF 10 GREAT ROCK CASSETTES GENESIS--AEROSMITH--POISON--BAD COMPANY LOT 44 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 55m
GENESIS Turn It On Again: The Hits AUDIO CASSETTE TAPE Atlantic 1999 Original US $3.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS LP FOXTROT RECORD ORIGINAL CHARISMA LABEL USA RELEASE 1058 US $9.77 [0 bids]
And Then There Were Three - Genesis CD Remaster Sealed US $5.70 Buy It Now 2h
GENESIS LP NURSERY CRYME RECORD ORIGINAL CHARISMA LABEL US $9.77 [0 bids]
2h
Charles Sullivan Genesis LP EXC Cond! Stanley Cowell spiritual jazz not strata US $14.97 [0 bids]
Nursery Cryme by Genesis CD Sealed Remastered US $6.18 Buy It Now 2h 5m
GENESIS LIVE VINYL, 1974 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Ania Rusowicz - Genesis (CD) 2013 NEW US $33.00 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Like New! GENESIS and then there were three CD 1978 West German TARGET Version US $12.99 [0 bids]
So by Peter Gabriel (CD, May-1986, Geffen) Genesis US $2.99 [0 bids]
Us by Peter Gabriel (CD, Sep-1992, Geffen) Genesis US $2.99 [0 bids]
Up by Peter Gabriel (CD, Sep-2002, Geffen) Genesis US $4.99 [0 bids]
Genesis Live Way We Walk Vol 1 CD 1992 Mama, Tonight, Invisible Touch, Thats All US $2.99 [0 bids]
MIKE RUTHERFORD (Genesis) Acting Very Strange VINYL LP 1982 Atlantic 80015 US $0.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS "Trespass" GERMAN 1st PRESS *CHARISMA* 1Y/2Y MATRIX~EXCELLENT COPY! US $9.99 [0 bids]
Genesis 2 lp lot - Three Sides Live & ... and then there were three Phil Collins US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Genesis 45 Taking It All Too Hard PROMO COPY Atlantic Records 1983 #7-89656 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
GENESIS DUKE VINYL LP RECORD ALBUM (1980) US $2.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS 7" REEL TO REEL TAPE 'SWELLED AND SPENT' lamb live US $24.99 [0 bids]
Genesis Live: The Way We Walk, Vol. 1 (The Shorts), CD, 1992 US $2.24 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Genesis Lot of 4 Records (LP) US $6.99 [1 bids]
Genesis Live: The Way We Walk, Vol. 2 (The Longs), CD, 1993, Limited Edition,VG+ US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
GENESIS SELF TITLED VINYL LP RECORD ALBUM (1983) UK PRESS CHARISMA RECORDS US $2.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS A TRICK OF THE TAIL VINYL LP RECORD ALBUM (1976) A/A STAMPS US $1.99 [1 bids]
SEALED PROG JAZZ 2 LP - GENESIS PROJECT - CRAIG HUXLEY - SONIC ATMOSPHERES 101 US $19.99 [0 bids]
We Can't Dance Genesis CD US $1.99 [0 bids]
Madonna on Magazine Cover 1987 Genesis Timothy Dalton Sam Fox Whitesnake US $32.62 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Madonna on Magazine Cover 1991 Genesis The Pixies US $12.23 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Genesis - Follow You Follow Me/Inside & Out, Atlantic 3474 45 rpm single US $5.75 [0 bids]
"Reinecke Piano Concertos No. 1 & 2" Gerald Robbins Genesis GS 1034 US $3.00 Buy It Now 3h 7m
GENESIS - WIND & WUTHERING- VG+ 1976 US $2.89 [0 bids]
GENESIS The Way We Walk, Vol. 2: The Longs CD (UK) PROG Phil Collins, Tony Banks US $2.29 [0 bids]
GENESIS - We Can't Dance (CD 1991) A2 82344 ATLANTIC CLASSIC US $0.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS «SELf-TITLED» CASSETTE VG (Made in Canada) ATLANTIC US $0.99 [0 bids]
Genesis - Three Sides Live LP Vinyl Record Atlantic VG+ US $4.99 [0 bids]
Genesis Live: The Way We Walk, Vol. 1 (The Shorts) by Genesis (U.K. Band)... US $3.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS USA DJ 7" 45 MAMA w/picture sleeve, 1983, promo copy US $9.00 Buy It Now 3h 20m
GENESIS - WE CAN'T DANCE US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 22m
K-TEL FULL TILT LP BLONDIE, DEVO, GENESIS, PAT BENATAR, PETE TOWNSHEND US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 28m
GENESIS "Invisible Touch" ... Phil Collins US $3.99 [0 bids]
Genesis /And Then There Were Three/Phil Collins US $8.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS LIVE GERMANY 74 & 75 - 7" REEL TO REEL TAPE US $24.99 [0 bids]
Seriously Orchestral Hits of Phil Collins Japan CD Sealed New Promo Copy Genesis US $59.99 Buy It Now 3h 35m
GENESIS - No Son Of Mine - 45rpm record US $2.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS - Throwing It All Away - 7" UK - PICTURE SLEEVE US $1.49 [0 bids]
Genesis tribute CD SUPPER'S READY 1995 Annie Haslam Kevin Gilbert Enchant Cairo US $9.59 [0 bids]
Genesis by Joy Williams (CD, May-2005, Reunion) US $0.99 Buy It Now 3h 42m
Genesis: Three Sides Live Lp US $2.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS - Throwing It All Away - 1986 Atlantic PRO 45 + Picture Sleeve US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 47m
The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway Genesis 2 CD Set US $8.99 [0 bids]
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - THE BALLAD OF GENESIS AND LADY JAYE - NEW CD US $15.34 Buy It Now 3h 49m
GENESIS VINYL three sides live dble LP gabriel collins ExVG+ SHIPS US FREE ExEx US $16.99 Buy It Now 3h 51m
GENESIS A TRICK OF THE TAIL LP SD 38-101 GATEFOLD US $1.99 [0 bids]
4h
35 X 7"Picture Covers Singles:McCartney,Boston,Journey,Genesis,Springsteen,Asia US $49.98 [0 bids]
99 Cent CD Auction - Trespass by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, May-2005, MCA (USA)) US $0.99 [1 bids]
GENESIS NURSERY CRYME 1971 WEST GERMANY CD 1ST PRESS US $159.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Marillion Between You And Me CD Single Rare Mint Genesis Yes Fish Pendragon US $59.99 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Wishing Tree CD Marillion Fish Genesis Carnival Of Souls Steve Rothery Original US $30.99 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Crash Course Rare CD New Marillion Fish Genesis Pendragon Pallas Porcupine Tree US $99.99 Buy It Now 4h 18m
GENESIS FOXTROT 1972 JAPAN CD OBI 3200yen 32VD 1ST PR US $139.99 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Genesis - Turn It On Again US $2.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS Genesis Live 1973 - 2007 ratings distribution

GENESIS Genesis Live 1973 - 2007 reviews

Review by Nightfly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
3 stars After releasing all their studio albums in three luxurious box sets, not surprisingly Genesis have now turned their attention to the live albums. The 1970 - 75 box set in particular was a masterclass in how to repackage your back catalogue with the albums sounding better than ever in both stereo and 5.1 mixes and wonderful DVD footage capturing the band at their artistic peak and interesting interview footage giving an insight into the making of the albums. Sadly the same can't be said for the Live box. Oh sure, there's some excellent music here, but the overall package short changes the Genesis fan.

I'm not going to get into in depth reviews of individual albums here, there's plenty already under each albums own heading. This review is intended to address the worthiness of the box set as a whole. Most fans of the band will no doubt own most of the material here already, so with the lack of unreleased incentives to entice the buyer it's a tough call on if it's worth shelling out around £80 for or not. There have been a few poor decisions made here about what and what not to include, more of this later.

Genesis Live, their excellent 1973 release and only live album released whilst Peter Gabriel was in the band has been polished a bit and sounds fine, though there's not the noticeable sonic improvements clearly audible on the studio albums of this era. An opportunity has been missed to expand on the original album. For example I'm sure most fans would have welcomed the addition of Suppers Ready from these shows which in known to be in the vaults. The reason for its non appearance is apparently because as a version by the Gabriel era line up appears on the Live At The Rainbow disc which is supposedly better it was not deemed worthy of inclusion. I'm sure I'm not the only fan who would have liked to have been given the opportunity to have made my own mind up and welcomed both versions. Instead the album is padded out with five tracks from The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway 1975 tour and whilst they're very welcome and are very good versions they do seem a little out of place. A bonus disc would have been a better option. This disc also appears as a 5.1 mix which I can't really give a valid judgement on due to my ancient TV's 5'1 system not being up to the job.

Of most interest to classic era fans here will no doubt be the Live At the Rainbow 1973 disc. For me this is the ultimate Genesis live recording, the band putting on a particularly stunning and powerful performance brimming with energy and it sounds fantastic too. You will of course already have some of this show if you own the Archive Volume 1 box set. However it now includes very worthy extra material but again poor decisions have been made. The extras are The Cinema Show, The Battle Of Epping Forest, Watcher Of The Skies and The Musical Box, all brilliant versions by the way. The only problem is the latter two frustratingly only appear on the 5.1 disc. The reason for this decision is apparently because of running times and it would have been required to make it a double cd. So what! I can handle that and wouldn't have minded paying a little more.

Moving onto the Phil Collins on vocals era Seconds Out is rightly regarded as a classic album, many fans of the band citing this as their favourite live release by the band. With the exception of the revamped Live At The Rainbow I'd probably agree with this and its been nicely packaged in a book style cover and also appears as a 5.1 mix. I'm very happy with the remastered sound of the stereo version but again I'll reserve judgement on the 5.1 mix until I have the opportunity to hear it on a decent 5.1 system.

Three Sides Live appears as a stereo mix only as the 5.1 mix will appear on the DVD version to be released in the final box set of the series later this month. Hmm, would have been nice to have that included here. I can't put hand on heart and say it sounds any better than my original album vinyl version to be honest. In fact my initial impression as Turn It On Again comes from the speakers is that it sounded a little flat compared to my vinyl copy.

The Way We Walk for the same reasons as Three Sides Live also only appears as a stereo mix. It's the weakest of the bands live albums here relying heavily on the bands more lightweight and commercial eighties output. The older material that does appear sounds far inferior to earlier versions, to a large extent down to Tony Banks keyboard sounds. Ironically his more up to date eighties synths just don't cut it. A decision I do agree with is that the track listing has been reversed to the original running order where originally the album was released as two separate Cd's divided between the long and short tracks.

Another wise decision was not to include the 2007 release Live Over Europe. Being so recent understandably no audio improvements were deemed possible. However, space has been left to insert your copy if you already own it. I didn't and have been enticed to buy it just to complete my box set so maybe they're boxing clever there after all.

I'm sure most people's biggest gripe is going to be the exclusion of live video footage here. Okay, they've already released a fair bit on previous box sets but I'm sure they could have dug up something and it would have been a nice gesture to have included the Three Sides Live and The Way We Walk DVD versions as part of this package instead of in another box set.

The Live At The Rainbow is an essential Genesis live album and my biggest incentive for buying this even though I already own the Archive box set version. Also prior to owning this I only had the Live albums as vinyl versions. If you already own them on cd you will have to think long and hard as to whether it's worth such a hefty expense for them all again, particularly with the lack of bonus material.

Send comments to Nightfly (BETA) | Report this review (#248420) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 06, 2009

Review by lor68
3 stars As usual their live recordings- regarding the most famous symphonic prog band (afterwards most popular poppy/pop rock band of the Collins Era)- are not up to the task linked to their fame.

Moreover (even though most of "Selling England By The Pound"- at the time of its release- is present here!), there's not a good job concerning the re-master of "Second's Out" and- in particular- between track 1 and 2, where unfortunately you can listen to some evident defects inside and random noise within, probably due to an unperfect cleaning of the original tape...so at this point it's better listening to the remastered version of their double album "Second's Out", rather than the present one, but nevermind...the concert performed at Rainbow Theatre (dated 1973) was an important gig and in general, the new re-master has improved all their recordings within the box set (taken from various concerts, including one of their most celebrated ones, which was performed in Paris), also regarding of a simple 2 channel version in the place of a multi-channel method in 5.1. Talking about "Three Sides Live" I don't want to add anything else.. I don't like neither that period nor the approach emerging from their modern live gigs, which is too much easy in my opinion...but probably each fan of their old Era- obviously- keep on prefering the theatrical approach of the most important romantic prog band ever (not necessarily the best one..).

Make your own choice as usual, even though in my opinion Genesis (except on the original Second's Out) don't show the best side of themselves in their "normal" live performances!!

Good, but non- essential...

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#276069) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 03, 2010

3 stars I am thrilled with this set. In fact, I feel these discs, especially the oldest album (Live 1973) benefits the most sonically. However, having been cleaned up I am a bit surprised at how sloppy that first live album is, at least as far as Rutherford's bass work and, to a lesser degree, Hacket ... (read more)

Report this review (#904110) | Posted by wehpanzer | Friday, February 01, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars CD utterly destroyed 'Seconds out', turning what was arguably one of the best live albums ever into nothing more than 'easy listening.' I kid you not. When I used to hear the original vinyl album the drums were absolutely fantastic on 'Firth of fifth', 'Cinema show' and 'Los endos.' Okay, it ... (read more)

Report this review (#627458) | Posted by sussexbowler | Monday, February 06, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GENESIS "Genesis Live 1973 - 2007"