FORTY SIX MINUTES, TWELVE SECONDS OF MUSIC

Jolly

Jolly Forty Six Minutes, Twelve Seconds of Music album cover

Buy JOLLY Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Escape From DS-3 (6:07)
2. Renfaire (5:32)
3. Peril (4:48)
4. Red Sky Locomotive (4:47)
5. We Had an Agreement (0:58)
6. Downstream (5:48)
7. Carousel of Whale (4:50)
8. Solstice (4:08)
9. Inside the Womb (9:14)

Search JOLLY Forty Six Minutes, Twelve Seconds of Music lyrics

Search JOLLY Forty Six Minutes, Twelve Seconds of Music tabs

- Anadale / guitars, vocals
- Anthony Rondione / bass, vocals
- Joe Reilly / keyboards, samples
- Louis Abramson / drums

Galileo Records / Progrock Records

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

JOLLY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JOLLY Forty Six Minutes, Twelve Seconds of Music Music

Forty Six Minutes, Twelve Seconds of MusicForty Six Minutes, Twelve Seconds of Music
PROGROCK 2009

More places to buy JOLLY music online Buy JOLLY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

JOLLY Forty Six Minutes, Twelve Seconds of Music ratings distribution

JOLLY Forty Six Minutes, Twelve Seconds of Music reviews

Review by Windhawk
3 stars It is a promising debut album we have here, courtesy of US outfit Jolly.

Their speciality seems to be to combine segments with rather different stylistic expressions, and they are most fond of blending ethereal, mellow passages with slow, heavy guitar-driven sequences. The latter more often than not sprinkled with synths on top of the guitars or supplying gentler details in the back of the mix.

Another aspect of this contrast which is also used in slightly different settings throughout is to mix passages with sparse instrumentation with themes that are distinctly rich and energetic.

Still, I found the band most interesting when they had a more subtle approach, the second to last effort Solstice a clear highlight and a brilliant track as far as I'm concerned. The lighter, almost ethereal and slightly space-tinged sound of that composition works beautifully with the driving bass, and the addition of heavy, staccato guitar riffs at the very end a brilliant use of this sound as an effect.

A promising band with a good debut album, worth seeking out for those who enjoy sophisticated art rock with an emphasis in exploring contrasts as described.

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Prog Team
2 stars Bear with me a second. Here is a band that want us to be happy, and consequently, within this album they have embedded various forms of brain wave stimulation known as Binaural Tones. These tones are scientifically proven to enrich feelings of relaxation, focus, creativity, and happiness through inaudible changes in audio frequencies. Apparently. I don't know about feeling happy while playing this, but I found it to be quite a choppy mixed-up album that is somewhat confusing to listen to. They can go from Meshuggah style polymetric passages into Muse soundscapes without warning and the result is that I came away thinking that they were very clever at what they are doing, and that they are good musicians. Didn't like it a lot though...

For me this is too all over the place, and that there is no real rationale behind it. Now, I can listen to "unusual" music more than most, and in many ways, this is actually mainstream, but I found myself getting frustrated and unsettled as opposed to being put into some sort of artificial nirvana. Some of the tricks such as the sound of a needle on vinyl at the beginning of "Peril" I found annoying, and as for the sounds at the end of "Inside The Womb" they just went on for way too long. I listened right to the very end just in case something interesting happened, but it didn't.

I am sure that there are many out there who will hail this as a masterpiece, and I have seen a few reviews comparing them to Riverside, but while there are some musical similarities at times, the Polish band is so far removed in terms of material to be on another planet. Not one to which I can see myself returning.

Post a review of JOLLY "Forty Six Minutes, Twelve Seconds of Music"