GROWING SMALLER

- Matti Ylilauri /vocals
- Marko "Oikku" Oikarinen / guitar
- Ville Veijalainen / bass

.Released in June 1997
.All the instruments appearing on the 13 songs are acoustic, including electric basses
.Includes a 10-page full-color folded thingamagic containing all lyrics

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

TRUSTIES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TRUSTIES Growing Smaller Music

We Just Want To Rule The WorldWe Just Want To Rule The World
Sound Of Wood Oy

More places to buy TRUSTIES music online Buy TRUSTIES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TRUSTIES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TRUSTIES Growing Smaller ratings distribution

TRUSTIES Growing Smaller reviews

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars Prog Metal (or Metal / Heavy in general) is not my cup of coffee, but every now and then I like to try something from that area too. This debut album by the Finnish trio TRUSTIES - which is differing a lot from their later output if I understood - turns out to be a pleasant acquaintance for me, extremely far from typical Metal. In fact I don't think one can call this Metal at all. This is acoustic, delicate and earthly art/folk rock. The singing has just a hint of Metal style. Guitar is naturally the leading instrument, accompanied by bass and various percussives, and occasionally also more unusual things in a rock environment, e.g. clarinet, pump organ, djembe and cowbell. How would I say... a cross between ROY HARPER and an intelligent Metal band such as OPETH gone acoustic?

There may not be very much stylistic variation in the songs, at least in the progressive sense (13 of them, all approximately 3-5 minutes), but they are always harmonic and full of open-minded atmosphere and honesty. I probably sound stupid trying desperately to choose words... The final track 'Further Away' is a slow instrumental. Interesting, moody, strong and original album that demands to be heard several times. This quick review only captured my first impressions, but I can improve it later if my reception gets different.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#1160123) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 11, 2014

Post a review of TRUSTIES "Growing Smaller"