IDENTITY

4. Steal My Soul (8:02)
5. Feeling Less (5:05)
6. Colours (8:07)
7. How I Wanna Be (7:04)
8. Sounds That I Hear (7:26)

Search AIRBAG Identity lyrics

Search AIRBAG Identity tabs

- Asle Tostrup / vocals
- Bjørn Riis / guitars, vocals
- Jørgen Hagen / keyboards
- Anders Hovdan / bass
- Joachim Slikker / drums

Thanks to windhawk for the addition

AIRBAG MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy AIRBAG Identity Music

IdentityIdentity
Karisma Records 2009
IDENTITY by AIRBAG [Music CD]IDENTITY by AIRBAG [Music CD]
Plastic Head Music Distribution Ltd

More places to buy AIRBAG music online Buy AIRBAG & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for AIRBAG DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

AIRBAG Identity ratings distribution

AIRBAG Identity reviews

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars Identity is a fine album for everybody that can't get enough of NoMan's recent albums or Nosound's LightDark. Also people that are tired of waiting for the new Anathema might be kept at peace for a little while with this.

Airbag come from Norway and are compared to Gazpacho. I haven't listened a lot to that band yet but I'd say there is indeed a similarity. Both bands cite the same obvious references: the laidback sound of Pink Floyd mixed with strong indie influences from Radiohead.

Generally this is run of the mill indie pop-prog that has little or no elements that make it stand out above anything else in the field. It's an ok album, but to give if it anything above 3 stars, I miss a bit of 'Identity'. (Damn, I had so sworn not to make a joke of the album title!)

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#250111) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 12, 2009

Review by Prog-jester
4 stars One of the most pleasant surprises for me from 2009, Norwegian AIRBAG. At first I pigeonholed them as "just another PORCUPINE TREE wannabes", but the further I listened the more unfair this verdict seemed to me. OK, they're heavily influenced by BLACKFIELD, 80s-90s PINK FLOYD, nowadays ANATHEMA and Hogarth's MARILLION, but geez, you can't write such brilliant songs like "Colours" or "The Sounds that I hear" with JUST BEING INFLUENCED alone! They're talented, they know their music very well, they have a feeling of taste and measure. I'm highly recommending AIRBAG's debut album to anyone who's into Atmospheric Rock/Prog (fans of the bands mentioned above should bother first), take a listen, you won't regret!

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#252012) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 21, 2009

Review by Windhawk
3 stars A somewhat underwhelming effort first time out by this Norwegian band.

The 8 compositions on this album all follow more or less the same set-up: The songs are slowly paced, with few or none alterations throughout. Fluctuating, lush synths flesh out the compositions, while the guitars add either wandering mellow layers or fragmented licks or themes. Slow, steady rhythms underscore, and a clean, light lead vocal soars on top for the vocal passages.

Light, lush and dreamy soundscapes is the end result. A bit too lush and dreamy actually. It's light, fluffy material perfect for daydreaming, but even guitar soloing in the spirit of David Gilmour doesn't manage to add any real substance to these proceedings.

Identity is an album blending the most atmospheric parts of later day Pink Floyd with similar efforts from later day Hogarth-era Marillion, at least as I regard it, and those that find that description tantalizing should be at the heart of the buying audience for this effort.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#275605) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 30, 2010

4 stars I'm thinking this Norwegian band named themselves after the RADIOHEAD song because they play in that same dreamy, atmospheric style. Other bands I thought of were BAUER, NOSOUND, ANATHEMA (latest one) and FRAKTAL. I do like this style of music and these guys do it very well for the most part. AIRBAG are (were?) a PINK FLOYD tribute band called THE PINK FLOYD EXPERIENCE. I heard the song "Steal My Soul" last fall and was so impressed I knew I had to check this album out.

"Prelude" opens with the sound of a ticking clock as synths wash in. The guitar before 2 minutes replaces the clock as synths continue. The soundscape is soaked with atmosphere. So good. "No Escape" is my least favourite only because it's less atmospheric and poppier. It settles with vocals quickly but the contrasts between the laid back and fuller sections continue. "Safe Like You" is similar to the previous song but a little better. A beat to start as synths roll in then vocals. Another dreamy track. "Steal My Soul" is a top three for me. Very spacey as keys come in then vocals. Great sound before 3 minutes as we get a thick atmospheric haze briefly. Strummed guitar and organ follow.The guitar simply soars 5 minutes in. Nice.

"Feeling Less" has a good intro especially the guitar. It settles in with vocals followed by guitar and drums. Organ before 3 1/2 minutes. Excellent tune. "Colours" is another top three. Strummed guitar and vocals early. I'm thinking of the new ANATHEMA here. It turns dreamy after a minute. Organ after 4 1/2 minutes as it settles. Guitar follows. Incredible track. "How I Wanna Be" opens with spacey winds and the sounds of people talking in the background. Keys then reserved vocals follow. A fuller sound before 1 1/2 minutes. More powerful 3 1/2 minutes in. "Sounds That I Hear" is the other top three. Atmosphere and piano to start. Vocals follow then strummed guitar before the floating organ arrives. Gorgeous track.

This album has a couple of so-so songs but the rest of this record is quite amazing.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#289751) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 09, 2010

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Interesting debut album by this band from Norway. I had this album for a long time but I didn´t exactly hear it propoerly until much recently. I guess the obvious indie pop tendencies of some tracks did not encourage me much to fully appreciated it at the time I got identity. However, at close escrutinity, there´s more than meets the eye: the instrumental of the album have a strong Pink Floyd influence that makes it much more listenable than most releases from groups like Radiohead or Coldplay for instance.

The music is really laid back, tranquil, sometimes reminding me of that swiss band Metamorphosis, specially their early stuff. The CD quite pleasant most of the time and I found it to be quite promising. Not anything to write home about it, but good anyway. There are no fillers and the songwriting in general shows they can go pretty far if they develop their formula. Asle Tostrup is a good singer, with a fine voice and a convincing delivering of the message. I just loved the keyboards parts (lots of quiet Hammond runs, much in the vein of the late Rick Wright). The guitar parts are also of notice (yes, you guessed it right: very Gilmour-like too), but they could be a little more on the forefront and if Bjørn Riis could be allowed to play more solos, it would be very nice!

All in all I see identity as a valid debut of a talented band. I´m really looking forqard to hear their next works. if they develop their progressive side a little more, they surely will come up with something remarkable. Not enought o warrant a 4 star rating this time, but Identity is a nice start. Promising!

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#463048) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 16, 2011

4 stars This is an excellent album. The first work by the Norwegian band AIRBAG (which name is inspired in a Radiohead song) delivers music with a lot of insight and thoughtful moments, no Radiohead alike nor many neoprog bands (as they are categorized in here), but more like Nosound, No Man or even A ... (read more)

Report this review (#1022387) | Posted by Memo_anathemo | Friday, August 23, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The Identity Crisis There are always going to be those modern prog bands that will never quite lose the "this is nice, but it sounds way too much like Pink Floyd" tag. It's a plague on these sorts of bands, and no matter how much they try and define their own sound, it will always be on them. The ... (read more)

Report this review (#804867) | Posted by Gallifrey | Wednesday, August 15, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Bjørn Riis is an almost world known expert on Gilmours (Pink Floyd) guitar playing and have the famous gilmourish.com site where all guitarists can go to learn how to sound like Gilmour. He started out with playing in Pink Floyd tribute bands. But then he made Airbag. Airbag themselves claim ... (read more)

Report this review (#397218) | Posted by Jarvig | Thursday, February 10, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars What a nice surprise! While some reviewers are displeased at the sameness of this collection of songs, I am pleased by this consistency. Aside from, IMO, one throw-away song ("How I Wanna Be"), the engaging quality of these songs is of a very high and consistent level. Again, IMHO, there are three p ... (read more)

Report this review (#288058) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Thursday, June 24, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Where is their identity ? This new Norwegian band has created a stirr with their gigs and touring with Gazpacho. So I was looking forward to hear this, their debut album. This album comes across as a mix of laid back Pink Floyd, Radiohead and A-ha and Morten Harket solo. Add some dozens ... (read more)

Report this review (#259904) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, January 08, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of AIRBAG "Identity"