WHAT , NOW?

Peter Hammill What , Now?  album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy PETER HAMMILL Music
Studio Album, released in 2001

1. Here Come The Talkies (9:41)
2. Far-flung (across The Sky) (3:21)
3. The American Girl (3:06)
4. Wendy & The Lost Boy (3:26)
5. Lunatic In Knots (8:04)
6. Edge Of The Road (10:03)
7. Fed To The Wolves (6:22)
8. Enough (4:53)

Search PETER HAMMILL What , Now? lyrics

Search PETER HAMMILL What , Now? tabs

- Peter Hammill / everything except
- Stuart Gordon / violin, viola on 1, 3, 5, 7
- David Jackson / saxophones, flute and whistles on 3, 6
- Manny Elias / drums on 1, 5, 6, 7

2001 CD Fie 29123

PETER HAMMILL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy PETER HAMMILL What , Now? Music

What NowWhat Now
Single · Import
Import [Generic] 2001
Nike KD 7 SE 'What The' 801778-944 Size 8-14 LIMITED Multi-Color SHIPPING NOW USD $289.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Kevin Hart Tickets (2) What Now Tour 7/7 - email delivery USD $134.99 Buy It Now 24 days
2 E-tickets! Kevin Hart What Now Tour 08/28/15 - Jones Beach Nikon Theater, NY USD $194.00 Buy It Now 28 days
Now That's What I Call Summer CD Brand New USD $12.58 Buy It Now 28 days
Now That's What I Call Reggae CD Brand New USD $12.58 Buy It Now 28 days
New: NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC 49 (Various Artists) CD USD $7.48 Buy It Now 22 days
Various Artist - Now 54: That's What I Call Music [CD New] USD $12.96 Buy It Now 2 days
Now That's What I Call MOTOWN USD $2.00 [2 bids]
Now That's What I Call Christmas! by Various Artists USD $3.96 Buy It Now 24 days
Nike Kevin Durant KD 7 What the KD Mens sizes SHIPPING NOW USD $309.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Now That's What I Call Music! 11 by Now That's What I Call Music USD $4.07 Buy It Now 4 days
NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC! 69 - DOUBLE CD USD $2.76 [0 bids]
'NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL A SUMMER PARTY' 3 CD SET (2015) USD $20.45 Buy It Now 26 days
Now That's What I Call Music,Vol. 90 2015 CD [2CD] New Sealed Bruno Mars Sia USD $12.19 Buy It Now 3 days
Kevin Hart "What Now? Tour" Comedy Ticket for Sale at $200.0!!!! USD $200.00 Buy It Now 5 days
NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC! 53 - NEW CD USD $12.99 Buy It Now 29 days
Now that what i call music 45 USD $1.56 [0 bids]
Now That's What I Call Music! 9 by Various Artists USD $3.96 Buy It Now 15 days
Now That's What I Call 21st Century CD Brand New USD $8.64 Buy It Now 28 days
Now That's What I Call Shrek USD $1.51 Buy It Now 13 days
Now That's What I Call Music, Vol. 54 2015 CD OneRepublic New Sealed USD $8.49 Buy It Now 5 days
Now That's What I Call Music! 17 by Various Artists USD $3.96 Buy It Now 5 days
NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC 10 USD $1.67 Buy It Now 2 days
CD..NOW THAT WHAT I CALL DISNEY PRINCESS. DBL CD..2013. USD $10.23 Buy It Now 28 days
Now That's What I Call a Country Party 2013 CD New Sealed USD $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 22m
Now That's What I Call A Song.....New/sealed USD $12.60 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE**NOW WHAT?! (GATEFOLD/BONUS TRACK)**2 VINYL SET USD $19.95 Buy It Now 25 days
LOT of THREE - NOW, THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC - #6, #9, #11 = 59 SONGS USD $2.99 [0 bids]
Now That's What I Call Rock CD Brand New USD $11.01 Buy It Now 18 days
Now That's What I Call Country 8 CD NEW LAMBERT PAISLEY ANTEBELLUM BRYAN USD $9.00 Buy It Now 24 days
What the World Needs Now: Burt Bacharach Classics by Burt Bacharach (CD,... USD $6.00 Buy It Now 24 days
WHAT YOU LEFT BEHIND by Jessica Verdi (Aug.2015, YA Softcover ARC) SHIPS NOW USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
( Soulful Rocksteady ) DON'T STAY AWAY ~Phyllis Dillon / WHAT NOW~Tommy McCook ? USD $31.47 [0 bids]
SONNY AND CHER.WHAT NOW MY LOVE.ATLANTIC.SINGLE 7" VINYL.45RPM USD $1.56 [0 bids]
Now Thats What I Call Music : Vol. 35 - Now Thats What I Call Music CD (2010) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Now 31: That's What I Call Music, Various Artists, USD $5.76 Buy It Now 28 days
7X-Now, Vol. 80--81--82--83-- 84-- 85-86 - Now That's What I Call Music CD LOT USD $31.47 [0 bids]
Now That's What I Call Music! 2 by Now That's What I Call Music USD $4.26 Buy It Now 15 days
Now That's What I Call Disney [1-CD] by Various Artists (CD, Nov-2012, Walt... USD $4.99 Buy It Now 29 days
Now What [Clean] [Edited] by Lisa Marie Presley (CD, Apr-2005, Capitol) USD $1.99 [1 bids]
NOW That's What I Call Club Hits 2014 CD Brand New USD $11.01 Buy It Now 18 days
Now That's What I Call Music Vol. 71 (2008) USD $1.56 Buy It Now 8 days
Kevin Hart What Now Tour at Barclays Center USD $240.00 Buy It Now 27 days
Weight Watchers What to Cook Now: 300 Recipes for Every Kitchen USD $1.50 Buy It Now 9 days
Now That's What I Call Music! 87 CD Brand New USD $14.15 Buy It Now 28 days
NEW (VICTORIA'S SECRET PANTINES) CHEEKINI, What's Sexy now. M /M-M*22 USD $7.88 Buy It Now 29 days
NOW That's What I Call Music! 88 CD Brand New USD $12.58 Buy It Now 28 days
Now That's What I Call Music! 88 Brand New CD Sealed USD $10.36 Buy It Now 5 days
United Center Chicago~KEVIN HART WHAT NOW~2 TICKETS 7/30~sec112 Row 19~Emailed USD $124.00 Buy It Now 28 days
Various Artists - Now That's What I Call Music Vol.41 (1998) USD $1.56 [0 bids]
Nike KD 7 SE 'What The' 801778-944 Size 8-14 LIMITED Multi-Color SHIPPING NOW USD $279.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Barclays Center~ Brooklyn NY~KEVIN HART WHAT NOW 2 TICKETS 7/9 226 Row 8~Emailed USD $100.00 Buy It Now 27 days
Now That's What I Call Music 90 [CD New] USD $20.36 Buy It Now 25 days
Heritage House Innocent Moments of Childhood Music Box What The World Needs Now USD $7.50 Buy It Now 25 days
Now That's What I Call Country - Vol. 3-Now That's What I Call Country [CD New] USD $16.07 Buy It Now 5 days
VG++ 1974 The Doobie Brothers What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits LP Album USD $3.99 [0 bids]
Now That's What I Call Country, VARIOUS ARTISTS, Good USD $4.20 Buy It Now 19 days
Now That's What I Call Country, Vol. 5 by Various Artists (CD, Jun-2012,... USD $12.21 Buy It Now 24 days
Various Artist - Now 53: That's What I Call Music [CD New] USD $13.35 Buy It Now 14 days
NOW 86 - THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC 2 x CD USD $7.70 Buy It Now 23 days
Now What?! by Deep Purple (Rock) (CD, May-2013) USD $10.62 Buy It Now 4 days
What's Working Best Now! With Richard Roop & Dan Doran - 12 Audio CD Package! USD $37.95 Buy It Now 27 days
NOW that's what I call music 12 (2CD) USD $38.57 Buy It Now 29 days
NOW 54: THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC CD - VARIOUS ARTISTS (2015) - NEW UNOPENED USD $8.90 Buy It Now 6 days
NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL MUSIC CD's-BUNDLE NOW - 16 Volumes USD $31.46 [0 bids]
Now Thats What I Call Music Volume 22 USD $2.49 Buy It Now 26 days
You've Got the Interview Now What Fortune 500 Hiring Professionals Tell....Hired USD $4.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Now That's What I Call Country - Vol. 1-Now That's What I Call Country [CD New] USD $15.95 Buy It Now 23 days
I'm an English Major Now What? USD $2.91 Buy It Now 25 days
Now That's What I Call Music 4 CD USD $5.00 Buy It Now 29 days
MARVEL: NOW WHAT?! #1 USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Now That's What I Call Music! 13 by Now That's What I Call Music USD $6.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Various Artist - Now That's What I Call Country 8 [CD New] USD $15.78 Buy It Now 9 days
Find Your Fate Super Adventure Which Way What Do I Do Now D&D Quest 13 PBs 1980s USD $20.49 [2 bids]
NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC, 75-87 : Excellent USD $40.92 Buy It Now 2 days
The Sweet Inspirations - 1968-Atlantic-LP- "What The World Needs Now Is Love" USD $5.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Now That's What I Call Country 7 [CD New] USD $13.73 Buy It Now 17 days
PRECIOUS MOMENTS WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW 112001 FIGURINE USD $69.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Now That's What I Call Music Vol. 69 (2008) USD $1.56 Buy It Now 8 days
Now That's What I Call Music 79 Cd Brand New & Factory Sealed USD $9.43 Buy It Now 10 days
10 x NOW That's what i call music cd 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 CD Rare cds USD $23.60 [0 bids]
Now that what i call music 55 disc 2 USD $0.31 [0 bids]
Now That's What I Call Music 82 Cd Brand New & Factory Sealed USD $9.43 Buy It Now 10 days
Now that what i call music 56 USD $1.56 [0 bids]
Now That's What I Call Disney Princess [CD New] USD $21.54 Buy It Now 5 days
Now That's What I Call Music,Vol. 90 (2CD 2015) Avicii Maroon 5 Brand New Sealed USD $10.99 Buy It Now 18 days
NOW That's What I Call Music! 8 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 27 days
NOW 10 CASSETTE NOW THATS WHAT I CALL MUSIC 10 1987 USD $7.86 Buy It Now 8 days
10 x NOW That's what i call music cd 50-51-52-53-54-55-56-57-58-59 CD Rare cds USD $23.60 [0 bids]
Now That's What I Call 90s Dance [CD New] USD $19.36 Buy It Now 5 days
Various Artist - Now 52: That's What I Call Music [CD New] USD $12.78 Buy It Now 24 days
(VICTORIA'S SECRET CHEEKINI) What's Hot Now, What's Sexy now. M /M- M *17 USD $7.88 Buy It Now 29 days
Now That's What I Call Country, Vol. 6 by Various Artists (CD, 2013,... USD $9.77 Buy It Now 15 days
Various Artists - Now That's What I Call Music! 26 - UK CD album 1999 USD $0.46 [1 bids]
Various Artists - Now That's What I Call A No. 1 NEW 3 x CD USD $11.81 Buy It Now 3 days
Various Artists - Now That's What I Call Disney (2011) USD $8.66 Buy It Now 6 days
"NOW THATS WHAT I CALL MUSIC 23" DOUBLE FATBOX CD EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $3.13 [0 bids]
NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL ACM AWARDS 50 YEARS Country Compilation Album 2015 Sony USD $12.00 Buy It Now 23 days
Now That's What I Call Music! 35 **BRAND NEW** NOT SEALED USD $11.02 Buy It Now 1 day
0 result found for "PETER HAMMILL"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results

More places to buy PETER HAMMILL music online Buy PETER HAMMILL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for PETER HAMMILL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

PETER HAMMILL What , Now? ratings distribution

PETER HAMMILL What , Now? reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars There is little doubt that Peter IS a major personality of progressive rock music. Still, his most reviewed album so far only reached sixty three hits (of which 44 without comment).

This album is quite a good return to a more rocking character; which is quite alright with me. The structure of the band that is supporting Peter in this effort has not the full power of the "Graaf" but part of gang (Gordon and Jackson) is there and provides a great feeling overall.

The huge and so emotional "Here Comes The Talkies" is such an exceptional return to the early roots. Peter is as brilliant as he can be. There was quite a time that he didn't provide such a great song. His whole world is here: passion, complexity yet more accessible than average (but what is average in terms of Hammill albums?).

"What, Now?" is no bigger in terms of reviews on PA (only four so far). Come on guys! Peter is one of the people who made this all possible. Only four comments for this album is rather an insult o the artist.

Even if each song is no masterpiece, most are quite decent (I admit though that the trio after the great "Here Comes The Talkies" is not really thrilling) and there are some jewels as well.

The second of these ones is by no doubt "Lunatic In Knots". This is a brilliant song, full of the Graaf grandeur and feeling. It is of course needless to stress that Peter adds so much vocal maestria to this track. A rather dark mood combined to the great violin play from Stuart are excellent ingredients: they are just holding this song to another level. It is very fine musical moment indeed and the second highlight of this record.

The epic Edge Of The Road is a song which will transport you in several atmospheres, but most of this song is quiet. Tranquil. As Hammill can get. No real surprise to be honest. It is just that one is expecting probably too much when looking at the lenght of a song. Still, this is the third outstanding track of this album which is quite frankly a very good surprise. One has to acknowledge the excellent but discreet job of Jackson on the sax to feel all the excitement of this very good number.

This album is more opened to the casual fan; it should please more people than usual. At least I feel so and I can only recommend you to listen to this album. Three stars.

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars With the turn of the millennium, Hammill finally crawled out of the creative dip that had befallen him since 1984. While he had still penned the occasional good song and even a few decent albums, nothing was as consistent and gripping as his 2001 release What Now?. At certain moments, it is almost as if this album announces the imminent VDGG reunion.

Here Come the Talkies starts off like the many other good ballad he had done in the years before, but halfway in, it gradually changes into a frenzied nerve attack like we hadn't enjoyed since his last great album Patience. Sharp processed guitars, sound effects and unsettling rhythms turn this into a great progressive piece that would not misfit on VDGG's Present. The songs ends with a short reprise of the opening ballad section.

Next on are three short and sweet songs that have more inspiration and variation then on any of the preceding Hammill albums. Especially Far-Flung is most captivating with its excellent guitar picking. It's a hint of what he would do on the ensuing masterpiece Clutch.

Lunatic In Knots is a longer piece that ends somewhere halfway between Hammill's reflective moods and the more brooding tendencies of VDGG's Still Life. By the end it picks up some speed but the rather straightforward 4/4 beat doesn't really do it justice. As on most of the preceding Hammill albums, I can't say I'm very impressed by the unimaginative drumming of Manny Elias.

The ten minute long Edge of the Road isn't a progressive track (if you would have hoped for that) but a good extended ballad with an interesting textured sound. Again, apart from the substandard percussion, it's a good piece.

With two more tracks to go, this album could still toss either to the 3 stars or to the 4 stars side. While both Fed To The Wolves and Enough are good tracks, they aren't any better then just good.

The next album Clutch was recorded without percussion. Hammill would return to the idiom of Chameleon In The Shadow of the Night and deliver one of his best albums in a long long while. What Now? can't claim similar excellence but its nevertheless a very consistent album. 3 solid stars.

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars Peter Hammill's "What, Now?" is a softer album for the visionary of Van der Graaf Generator. It contains some mesmirising beauty such as the lovely 'Far-flung (across The Sky)' with Hammill gentler than one may have heard him. There are true moments of heart felt poetic splendour such as on Wendy & The Lost Boy; "Sometimes the boy denies the man, sometimes the boy defies the man, flying in the shade of Peter Pan, Wendy, maybe you still remember this, a touch a kiss, that lasts forever, but time and tide runs in conspiracy, Wendy, I still believe the promise is the boy 's alive, the boy is in the man!"

Apart from the emphasis on tranquil ambience, there is a fair share of heavier songs such as the awesome 'Here Come The Talkies' clocking almost 10 minutes and featuring Hammill's angular guitar riff. He is more aggressive on this and it is definitely one of the better tracks of his solo career. At about 7 minutes in the song settles into a relaxing piano and serene vocals as a stark contrast.

It is nice to hear David Jackson's saxophones and flute on 'The American Girl' and 'Edge of the Road'. This latter song has a beautiful intro with the sax following along slide guitar and Hammill's thought provoking vocals. There is a dreamy atmosphere on this 10 minute track that has a calming effect. The lyrics are compelling; "someday he'll make his way home, will the man of the moment finally make himself known, and lay down his load, at the edge of the road." At 5: 40 the song becomes entrancing with a flute solo and chinking percussion, as a low drone intensifies creating an ominous atmosphere. Jackson's sax is tantalising, he is so welcome on these solo albums, adding more depth and emotion. This song is definitely one of the highlights of "What, Now?"

At times Hammill regresses to the darker textures that he seems to revel in on every solo album, in this case the darkest track is the boisterous creepy 'Fed To The Wolves'. Stuart Gordon's violins screech very eerie tones as Hammill unleashes guitar crashes to generate an ethereal soundscape. It goes on a bit too long without enough variation but still holds interest for the most part.

'Enough' is also darker with some eerie music and a low chanting male choir. Hammill lapses into his reflective mode thinking about life and death, "not that, but this, not why, but how, not if, but when, not soon, but now." The soundscape is rather abnormal, sounding dissimilar to anything Hammill has done before.

'The American Girl' also features beautiful sax tones. Hammill's storyteller vocals have more urgency as he sings of the girl who "blew in like a breath of fresh air", and "cut her teeth on the old world" that "seemed perfect". She has a major clash with the culture, and the language, and thus feels confused in this new land. A short song but with interesting content.

The songs are not as memorable as his earlier material but this solo album is still very good with some moments of brilliance and overall I was quite surprised at how consistent this relatively unknown album is.

3 stars This is another one of the "good" albums after 1986, and it is on the more rockier side than some of the dull albums he offered post-86. Maybe it was because he was going through the VDGG back-catalogue remastering the songs for the boxset cunningly entitled "The Box",that there is a ghostly s ... (read more)

Report this review (#78140) | Posted by | Sunday, May 14, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Isn't it amazing that somebody like Peter Hammill, who is rightfully hailed as one of the greatest lyricists and vocalists of Prog Rock attracts relatively poor attendances in these review pages, especially for his later efforts. Perhaps the good man is just too productive, which makes it hard ... (read more)

Report this review (#18780) | Posted by | Friday, October 01, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of PETER HAMMILL "What , Now? "