THE DARKENED ROOM

Izz

Izz The Darkened Room album cover

Buy IZZ Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Swallow Our Pride (5:16)
2. Day Of Innocence (2:56)
3. Regret (4:32)
4. Can't Feel The Earth, Part I (4:39)
5. Ticking Away (2:47)
6. Can't Feel The Earth, Part II (10:36)
7. Stumbling (5:23)
8. The Message (3:07)
9. 23 Minutes Of Tragedy (7:00)
10. Can't Feel The Earth, Part III (5:07)

Search IZZ The Darkened Room lyrics

Search IZZ The Darkened Room tabs

- Tom Galgano / keyboards, vocals
- Paul Bremner / electric & acoustic guitars
- Brian Coralian / electronic & acoustic drums, percussion
- Greg DiMiceli / acoustic drums, percussion
- John Galgano / bass guitar, acoustic guitar, vocals
- Anmarie Byrnes / vocals

CD Doone Records (2009 USA)

Thanks to rivertree for the addition

IZZ MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IZZ The Darkened Room Music

Doone Records 2011
IZZ Live at NEARfestIZZ Live at NEARfest
Doone Records 2007
MoKenStef Azz Izz Cassette Seal OOP US $7.99 Buy It Now 21h 57m
Gene Harris Trio - Live At Otter Crest LP Vinyl PRIVATE John Heard Jazz Izz US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MoKenStef - Azz Izz JAPAN CD Rhythm & Blues #A05 US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MONKENSTEF - azz izz *1995 OUTBURST LP US release US $1.69 [0 bids]
CAIRO CD OOP PRoG ELP, Rush, Kansas, Yes, Triumvirat, Enchant, Trace, Saga, IZZ US $14.99 [0 bids]
Indie Rap 12" ~ Az Izz ~ Y'all Can't ~ Slang Doe ~ sealed! US $7.99 [0 bids]
Azz Izz by MoKenStef (CD, Jun-1995, Def Jam (USA)) US $0.25 [0 bids]
IZZ - I MOVE NEW CD US $26.31 Buy It Now 6 days
REN WOOD - AZZ IZZ - ELEKTRA RECORDS - E1-60006 - 1982 - PROMO - VG+ US $16.99 Buy It Now 6 days
MoKenStef - Azz Izz 24HR POST!! US $10.22 Buy It Now 6 days
Izz - I Move [CD New] US $18.10 Buy It Now 6 days
IZZ - MY RIVER FLOWS NEW CD US $27.85 Buy It Now 7 days
Azz Izz by MoKenStef (CD, Jun-1995, Def Jam (USA)) US $16.49 Buy It Now 9 days
Ren Woods Azz Izz w/ Hire Love / Lovin Power / Never In My Life Vinyl LP US $24.75 Buy It Now 10 days
Izz - My River Flows [CD New] US $19.33 Buy It Now 11 days
Azz Izz by MoKenStef (CD, Jun-1995, Def Jam (USA)) US $5.00 Buy It Now 12 days
MoKenStef - Azz Izz LP US $11.51 Buy It Now 12 days
Azz Izz Band - Based on a True Story CD NEW! Azzizz Band US $14.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Izzy Stradlin and & The Ju Ju Hounds - Izz (NEW CD) US $11.07 Buy It Now 14 days
Mokenstef - Azz Izz (1995) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 14 days
Azz Izz by MoKenStef (CD, Jun-1995, Def Jam (USA))BMG US $2.95 Buy It Now 15 days
Izz - My River Flows CD Pop Rock US $22.86 Buy It Now 15 days
Izz - I Move CD Pop Rock US $21.59 Buy It Now 15 days
IZZ - CRUSH OF NIGHT NEW CD US $27.85 Buy It Now 16 days
IZZ - IZZ LIVE NEW DVD US $39.39 Buy It Now 17 days
Izz - Crush Of Night [CD New] US $19.26 Buy It Now 17 days
Azz Izz by MoKenStef (CD, Jun-1995, Def Jam (USA)) US $2.40 Buy It Now 18 days
IZZ - AMPERSAND 1 NEW CD US $28.62 Buy It Now 18 days
Izz - Vol. 1-Ampersand [CD New] US $19.98 Buy It Now 18 days
Mokenstef Azz Izz 11 track PROMOTIONAL CASSETTE TAPE US $6.74 Buy It Now 20 days
Azz Izz by MoKenStef (CD, Jun-1995, Def Jam (USA)) Free Ship #EP61 US $14.83 Buy It Now 22 days
I Move - Izz New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $25.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Azz Izz Band - based On A True Story RARE OOP Original US CD (Brand New!) US $10.99 Buy It Now 24 days
My River Flows - Izz New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $27.29 Buy It Now 25 days
Vol. 1-ampersand - Izz New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $27.94 Buy It Now 25 days
IZZ-My River Flows CD NEW US $19.86 Buy It Now 26 days
IZZ-I Move CD NEW US $18.82 Buy It Now 26 days
Izz-Crush of Night CD NEW US $19.84 Buy It Now 26 days
IZZ Crush Of Night 180gm Double Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $34.10 Buy It Now 26 days
Crush of Night - Izz New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $27.29 Buy It Now 26 days
MOKENSTEF-Azz Izz/AS IS/Soul/URBAN/Rap/R&B/Vocal/HIP HOP/Dance/MO KEN STEF-Cd US $8.49 Buy It Now 27 days

More places to buy IZZ music online Buy IZZ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IZZ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IZZ The Darkened Room ratings distribution

IZZ The Darkened Room reviews

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars After the brilliant My River Flows, The Darkened Room rose toward the top of my must-have list for 2009. The production is crisp and clear but not inhuman, and the band is probably at their tightest-sounding. I especially love how this group uses an array of creative tones and sounds and yet maintains their unique identity as a band. Fans of acts like IQ will find much to love about this release. There's approximately fifteen minutes of this album I'm consistently disappointed with, but the rest of it is fantastic.

"Swallow Our Pride" Atmospheric, low guitar, gentle percussion, and soft vocals begin the record. The easing in of the harmonic feminine singing is a welcome moment. The listener is then treated to a warbling synthesizer solo and some heavy guitar.

"Day of Innocence" I was not expecting an acoustic guitar and bass duet here, but that's what ensues- a very pleasant piece of music that picks up with some drums and electric guitar later on.

"Regret" A great progressive pop song with a prominent bass and a few light instrumental passages, this is a catchy little song that really offers the best of IZZ in a stripped-down manner.

"Can't Feel the Earth, Part I" I don't particularly care for this track. There's a disharmony throughout, with a lot of "falling-down-the-stairs" piano moments. The electric guitar work here is a compensation.

"Ticking Away" That strange rhythm and bass work is brilliant, and the vocals are magnificent. This is for me the best track on the album- a real treat with some remarkable vocal harmonies and gorgeous, uplifting melodies.

"Can't Feel the Earth, Part II" After a fast-paced bit of guitar and synthesizer, ghostly female vocals and searing electric guitar create impassioned melodies over a musical bed that demonstrates pure sonic craftsmanship. The male vocals during the piano-led, almost ELP-like section aren't quite as convincing, and neither is the composition during this time, since it admittedly sounds like a jazzy mess.

"Stumbling" Exhibiting their fine dynamics once again, this song features floating vocals over a jazz-infused rock backing. While not their best moment, it's still quite good.

"The Message" Thudding bass and delicate piano create a foundation for soft vocals and lead guitar interruptions. Like the previous track, this one is decent but substandard for IZZ.

"23 Minutes of Tragedy" One of the most immediately gripping tracks for me the first time I heard this album- ethereal guitar and wraithlike vocals craft memorable melodies and powerful moments. The lead guitar solo rips through the music, as the whole atmosphere adopts a Pink Floyd-like visage. Finally, the new synthesizer-led theme is pure magic, drawing the piece to a mighty conclusion.

"Can't Feel the Earth, Part III" The final, contemplative track has a progressive country flavor initially, but soon becomes more like typical IZZ, once again boasting great dual vocals, intriguing bass, rocking lead guitar, and some fine keyboard wizardry- as I said, typical IZZ.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#279844) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 29, 2010

3 stars It is difficult to discuss these boys instrumentalist expertise. The during Darkened Room it is seen clearly. The music takes hold in the excellent parts of piano, keyboards and guitar contributions. The album shows a more mature that 'My River Flows', but I like more the one published in 2005 ... (read more)

Report this review (#988852) | Posted by sinslice | Saturday, June 29, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars IZZ is a very good neo/heavy prog group much in the vein of PORCUPINE TREE and RIVERSIDE whose discography is just below that threshold of "top tier." Often very catchy (sometimes syrupy) melodies, tagged onto dark, heavy music performed buy very accomplished musicians. The guitarist and keyboardist ... (read more)

Report this review (#419314) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Monday, March 21, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Definitelly IZZ is one of the most pleasant and valuable American bands in today;s progressive world!Thay have already some beautiful albums released,and I am sure a solid base of fans,because their live activity,even not too intense,is at least regular! The albums are self released at their ow ... (read more)

Report this review (#256599) | Posted by Ovidiu | Thursday, December 17, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IZZ "The Darkened Room"