II = I

Buy ANDROMEDA Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Encyclopedia (7:35)
2. Mirages (5:42)
3. Reaching Deep Within (4:50)
4. Two Is One (10:09)
5. Morphing Into Nothing (7:34)
6. Castaway (6:16)
7. Parasite (6:54)
8. One In My Head (8:02)
9. This Fragile Surface (8:04)

Search ANDROMEDA II = I lyrics

Search ANDROMEDA II = I tabs

- David Fremberg / vocals
- Johan Reinholdz / guitars and bass
- Thomas Lejon / drums
- Marin Hedin / keyboards

New Hawen Records CD 45004-2

ANDROMEDA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANDROMEDA II = I Music

OriginalsOriginals
Import · Remastered
ANGEL AIR 2009
CD: Farewell Andromeda - John Denver - Sealed US $10.45 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Live on Planet Earth - Mega Expre Andromeda New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $23.39 Buy It Now 6h 59m
John Denver, Farewell Andromeda, LP Record Album US $4.93 Buy It Now 8h 23m
OF GRAVES AND GODS - Slit Throat Andromeda (CD) SEALED US $5.59 [0 bids]
John Denver Farewell Andromeda vintage vinyl/record/LP~gatefold~FREE US SHIP US $5.51 Buy It Now 23h 29m
EARTH / KK NULL Dexamyl Andromeda LP noise drone pink new US $7.00 [1 bids]
DEATH MACHINE S/T Cd Org03 Sensory Dark Promo Zero Hour Cynthesis Andromeda US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Ralph Lundsten & Andromeda All Stars Rendezvous With A Washing Machine 12" Maxi US $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
va LOVIN' FIRE 2xLP/Rare UK/European Psych/Early Prog/Pacific Sound/Andromeda/ao US $38.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Andromeda - S/T+ 8 btrck (J.Du Cann Atomic Rooster) Very, very rare CD ! US $25.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Of Graves & Gods,NEW CD,Slit Throat Andromeda US $5.49 Buy It Now 1 day
compilation, The Film Themes, 20 tracks, Andromeda Project US $4.43 Buy It Now 1 day
ANDROMEDA .. SEVEN LONELY STREET.. J. DU CANN SIGNED .. REFLECTION. FIRST press US $79.00 [0 bids]
ANDROMEDA SELF TITLED BRITISH PROGRESSIVE ROCK VOL. 1 CD JEWEL CASE SLIPCOVER US $10.79 Buy It Now 1 day
II = I by Andromeda (CD, Mar-2003, Century Media (USA)) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Andromeda / Pray Silent Split 7" 45 Genet Vinyl US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda LP Includes I'd Rather be a Cowboy US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
OF GRAVES AND GODS - Slit Throat Andromeda CD (Metalcore) US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANDROMEDA MEGA EXPRESS ORCHESTRA - TAKE OFF NEW CD US $24.57 Buy It Now 2 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda, and John Denver's Greatest Hits. US $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANDROMEDA "Gazza" UK 1991 US $4.97 Buy It Now 3 days
ANDROMEDA**CHIMERA**CD US $12.95 Buy It Now 3 days
ANDROMEDA STRAIN idol 12" 3 trks (kill1215) pic sleeve uk kill your television 1 US $8.29 Buy It Now 3 days
ANDROMEDA STRAIN hope 12" 4 trk in signed pic sleeve b/w cut teeth,soul flower a US $8.29 Buy It Now 3 days
JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda '73 RCA ORIG GATEFOLD ROCK POP LP NMint US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Richard Wagner: Der fliegende Holl„nder (CD, Jun-2014, 2 Discs, Andromeda) US $10.04 Buy It Now 3 days
JOHN DENVER farewell andromeda LP PS EX/EX german NL 85195 US $14.94 Buy It Now 3 days
Of Graves and Gods - Slit Throat Andromeda CD US $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
JOHN DENVER - FAREWELL ANDROMEDA US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Hopesfall - The Satellite Years (CD with Slipcase,Trustkill) Andromeda, Waitress US $1.13 Buy It Now 3 days
THREE 0'CLOCK - AQUARIUS ANDROMEDA - BLUE VINYL - LIMITED - BURGER RECORDS US $46.52 Buy It Now 3 days
JOHN DENVER FAREWELL ANDROMEDA RECORD ALBUM US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
+Hear '81 DARK COSMIC ELECTRONIC Eugen Thomass Sound Music 29 like ANDROMEDA-OST US $69.99 Buy It Now 3 days
+mp3 77 DARK COSMIC ELECTRONIC Eugen Thomas Sound Music 12 ANDROMEDA-STRAIN-like US $99.99 Buy It Now 3 days
john denver farewell andromeda US $5.00 [0 bids]
John Denver - Farewell Andromeda LP RCA APL1-0101 Vinyl Record Album Gatefold EX US $4.00 Buy It Now 4 days
John Denver- Farewell Andromeda- gatefold - free UK post US $13.28 Buy It Now 4 days
Earth and Fire ANDROMEDA GIRL LP NL Vertigo VG+/VG+ US $9.99 [0 bids]
ANDROMEDA - BEGINNINGS NEW CD US $22.28 Buy It Now 4 days
Hard Stuff LP Bolox Dementia uk hard psych us pressing atomic rooster andromeda US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
GROOVE ZONE FREQ SENSIENT OMB ANDROMEDA STELLA NUTELLA PROGRESSIVE TRANCE JP OBI US $15.99 Buy It Now 4 days
2003 METAL ~ ANDROMEDA ~ II=I ~ RARE PROMO ~ PROMOTIONAL CD US $17.99 [0 bids]
JOHN DENVER FAREWELL ANDROMEDA 1973 US $0.99 [0 bids]
8 POINT ROSE-PRIMIGENIA 2010 CD ESCAPE\ANDROMEDA\AVATAR US $5.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ANDROMEDA**II=I**CD US $12.95 Buy It Now 4 days
LOVE OUTSIDE ANDROMEDA - SELF TITLED CD US $16.29 Buy It Now 4 days
Andromeda - Beginnings 1967-68 [CD New] US $13.83 Buy It Now 4 days
THE HAPPIES ANDROMEDA EXPRESS SEALED JAPAN CD MIDI Inc. US $5.97 Buy It Now 4 days
ANDROMEDA - BEGINNINGS - SJPCD243 US $19.23 Buy It Now 4 days
JANICE PAYSON Jealous Love b/w Andromeda STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda 12" Record **UNTESTED** US $9.95 Buy It Now 4 days
PREFAB SPROUT / ANDROMEDA HEIGHTS JAPAN CD OOP W/OBI +1B/T US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
ANDROMEDA Sounds Of Melody 12" US $13.79 Buy It Now 4 days
ANDROMEDA STRAIN Idol E.P 4 Track CD US $9.14 Buy It Now 4 days
JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda vinyl LP Sound Clip in Listing US $12.46 Buy It Now 4 days
ANDROMEDA SWEET SWEET BABY/ HEART OF DARKNESS AIR US $0.90 [0 bids]
ANDROMEDA The Immunity Zone JAPAN CD New US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL rare polish ANDROMEDA issue,double CCR US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY Andromeda LTD 12" 2003 EX VINYL 1 OF ONLY 500 RARE PROGRESSIVE HOUSE US $14.94 Buy It Now 4 days
OF GRAVES AND GODS - Slit Throat Andromeda (CD) SEALED US $5.59 Buy It Now 4 days
THREE O CLOCK**AQUARIUS ANDROMEDA**VINYL US $21.50 Buy It Now 4 days
VINTAGE LP ALBUM JOHN DENVER FAREWELL ANDROMEDA US $1.99 Buy It Now 4 days
JOHN DENVER: Farewell Andromeda LP (reissue, slight corner bend) Rock US $10.00 Buy It Now 5 days
ANDROMEDA: Say It Again, I Love You / Winter Song (rock & pop vinyl 45) US $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
ANDROMEDA - ORIGINALS NEW CD US $22.28 Buy It Now 5 days
The Music of Brian Fennelly: A Sprig Of Andromeda/Tesserae II... ~ NEW CD (1997) US $4.17 Buy It Now 5 days
LOVE OUTSIDE ANDROMEDA - LONGING WAS A SAFE PLACE TO HIDE CD ALBUM US $19.55 Buy It Now 5 days
ANDROMEDA - THE IMMUNITY ZONE, ORG 2008 JAPAN CD + OBI, PROGRESSIVE METAL US $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Vera SPINAROVA - Andromeda Czech LP / Funk Psych Prog Beat US $8.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Three O'Clock - Aquarius Andromeda [Vinyl New] US $21.95 Buy It Now 5 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda US $5.99 Buy It Now 5 days
JOHN DENVER - FAREWELL ANDROMEDA - NEW CD US $6.30 Buy It Now 5 days
JOHN DENVER ~ Farewell Andromeda ~ 33rpm 12" LP ~ RCA # APL1 0101 NM/VG US $8.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra - Take Off! [CD New] US $15.93 Buy It Now 5 days
Atomic Rooster Rarities SEALED 2001 UK CD Crazy World Of Arthur Brown Andromeda US $10.95 Buy It Now 5 days
EXTENSION OF THE WISH - FINAL EXTENSION by ANDROMEDA {2004, CD, NEW HAWEN} US $24.99 [0 bids]
ANDROMEDA - ORIGINALS [ANDROMEDA] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $12.94 Buy It Now 5 days
Vladimir Horowitz - The Romantic Era Andromeda: ANDRCD5002 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Andromeda - Originals [CD New] US $15.92 Buy It Now 5 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda 33 1/3 Album RCA Records 1973 US $7.19 Buy It Now 5 days
ANDROMEDA - CHIMERA NEW CD US $19.22 Buy It Now 6 days
Andromeda - Shock [CD New] US $30.93 Buy It Now 6 days
THE HAPPIES - Andromeda express - Japan CD - NEW J-POP US $14.90 Buy It Now 6 days
Andromeda - Control - Intrigue - 1990 #122067 US $11.62 Buy It Now 6 days
M. Haydn - Andromeda Und Perseus CD US $39.59 Buy It Now 6 days
Nucleus Torn - Andromeda Waiting CD US $24.54 Buy It Now 6 days
Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra - Take Off! CD US $20.75 Buy It Now 6 days
John Denver - Farewell Andromeda CD US $9.94 Buy It Now 6 days
Denver, John - Farewell Andromeda / RCA AFL1-0101 ~ EX+/EX US $9.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Andromeda - Chimera [CD New] US $12.03 Buy It Now 6 days
ANDROMEDA: Andromeda LP (Germany, laminated gatefold cover reissue, w/ Peter Sc US $40.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Pop Promo NM! 45 JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda (Welcome To My Morning) on RCA ( US $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda NM LP w/Insert Dynaflex Orange RCA US $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
John Denver Farewell Andromeda Vinyl Record 12" Lp US $4.00 [0 bids]
Original 1973 JOHN DENVER Farewell Andromeda LP ALBUM 12" SF-8369 US $1.58 [0 bids]
4 John Denver Cassettes - Christmas Like Lullaby, Andromeda, Windsong, Diamonds US $8.00 [0 bids]
Terry Adams, Love Letter To Andromeda Audio CD US $9.55 Buy It Now 6 days
ANDROMEDA: Seven Lonely Street LP (UK, '90 issue w/ booklet insert, nearly new! US $60.00 Buy It Now 7 days
CALIFORNIA GUITAR TRIO - ANDROMEDA (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $21.90 Buy It Now 7 days
Andromeda - Gazza TECHNO 12" Single Vinyl 1991 Sonic US $5.99 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy ANDROMEDA music online Buy ANDROMEDA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANDROMEDA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANDROMEDA II = I ratings distribution

ANDROMEDA II = I reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars This is the second album of Sweden band formed in 1999. They released their debut "Extension of The Wish" in 2001. There is a change in line-up since the debut album with new lead singer David Fremberg and the exit of previous bass player Gert Daun. The bass line is now taken care by the guitar player Johan Reinholdz. Basically it has transformed from five-piece to four-piece band. The rest of the band members are intact: Thomas Lejon looks after drum stools and Martin Herdin (keyboards).

The band has a potential future as great band in progressive metal arena. This album represents their existence in this arena demonstrating their ability to compose and deliver their music with power and energy. Using Mike Portnoy's view of sort of progressive metal elements (*), this album is heavy (70%), progressive (10%) and melodic (20%). Despite its power and energy, the album is (sometimes) lacking in structure and harmony, I would say. It's probably a mixing / production issue.

Having been opened with soft keyboard and guitar, "Encyclopedia" blasts off with heavy riffs and speed bass line followed by vocal. The music flows in full energy with soft guitar riffs at background. At tempo change, during transition, guitar takes its solo part augmented with symphonic keyboard at background. To my personal taste, the harmony between guitar riffs and drum is a bit lacking. It sounds rough to my ears. At approx min 4:50 - the part where the voice is backed with solo drum and keyboard punch - it does not sound natural to me. This track has a very good guitar solo (in the vein of classic rock music) at the ending part. Unfortunately . this guitar solo has to end not in natural way - it fades out and replaced by tape loop of percussion sound. Uughh . what a regret!

"Mirages" starts off with heavy guitar riffs / solo followed by drumming. The voice line enters the scene with the riffs at the back. There is nice keyboard work combined with guitar solo accompanying the vocal. The guitar solo during interlude is stunning.

"Reaching Deep Within" kicks off with a guitar and keyboard works followed by drum and bass. Again, it sounds to me that this part is lacking harmony and melody. It sounds rough. The riffs produced during the voice line are simple but a bit boring to me. To me, this is a straight forward metal tune. "Two Is One" is the longest track (10:09) . It starts with a nice guitar fills followed by slow tempo music to feature voice line. No guitar riffs at this part. The tempo moves faster at approx min 4:00 with higher tone voice line. The guitar riffs start to roll in the middle of the track augmented with good keyboard sound. The combination of guitar and keyboard solo during interlude / transitions is really good.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is an upbeat instrumental piece demonstrating keyboard and guitar sounds. It's a very good composition. I like the harmony of two sounds (keyboard and guitar) in the middle of the track (approx min 4:00) onward. It actually can be better if the mixing is improved as it sounds bit rough to me.

"Castaway" is a mellow track performed in ballad style. The vocal harmony is excellent, the piano fills are stunning. No riffs; guitar is played with fills. No drumming. Solo piano is wonderful. I can hear that the lead singer voice in low register is very good. It's a melodic and relaxing track.

"Parasite" blows off with heavy music and it flows in typical prog met music. The music turns quieter in the middle of the track with great keyboard and voice line. This part is really nice. I can hear sort of jazz/fusion influence in this track.

"One In My Head" starts off with a melodic piano / keyboard touch followed by upbeat music with excellent guitar and keyboard. This track has relatively long instrumental as the vocal takes off around the middle of the track. Despite good performance, this track is lacking in structure (music wise) and mixing (production wise).

"This Fragile Surface" is probably the most symphonic one compared to the other tracks. Yes, there are guitar riffs still but it only accentuates the bars during the voice line. The guitar solo and keyboard work are really wonderful and melodic. This is an excellent track well positioned to conclude the album.

Overall this album is good but not essential. However, I would still recommend this album for those of you who like progressive metal music like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Ice Age, Pain of Salvation, Evergrey, etc. Rating: 3.25/5. GW, Indonesia.

Reference: (*) Interview with Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater as it can be seen from DREAM THEATER "Live at Budokan" DVD - disc 2. It's a simple and practical definition of progressive metal genre, I think.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#18850) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 16, 2004

Review by AtLossForWords
4 stars Relatively new Prog Metal band from Sweden brings nostalgia of Dream Theater.

Andromeda is a Progressive Metal band from Sweden. I have almost nothing but comments from this great and relatively new band. II=I is there second studio release. When one listens to it, the elements of a dark emotional sound with an excellent mix hard and soft matierial will become apparent.

The album is written similar to Dream Theater. Throughout all of the album there are jazzy overtones complimenting the funk-styled rythym playing. Thomas LeJon is a Progressive Metal drummer with talents that can compare even to Mike Portnoy and Virgil Donati. Johan Reinholdz is one of the very best young progressive metal guitarists. On certain occaisions his playing can excel ahead of players like John Petrucci. The future is very bright for this young guitarist (who doubles on bass). His styled is extremely smooth and jazzy, truly a pleasure to listen to. Martin Hedin is also an apt keyboardist. Hedin has excellent skill, but lacks synth sound creativity. The only complaint I really have are the vocals from David Fremberg. He fits the band somewhat nicely, but he has trouble in some of the more delicate tracks. If his voice matures enough to sing smoother in softer parts, he also has a bright future.

The album is quite a piece of work. The opening track Encyclopedia imeadiately gets the listener thinking about the lyrics. The title track Two Is One is a Progressive art. The song has a special touch to it to keep building with emotion while staying calm musically. The track finally starts to climax at the end which was a perfect lead to the next track, the insturmental Morphing Into Nothing. The insturmental shows off the amazing insturmental talents this band has. It's even comparable to Dance of Eternity by Dream Theater, but it's longer and showcases more guitars than keyboards.

The production isn't lively, but it really fits the album. The tones are dark and subtle. Even the drums have a certain bleakness to their tone. The bass isn't noticeable, but Johan Reinholdz makes his living in this band as a guitarist, not a bassist. The keyboards are my only complaint as they are somewhat uncreative with the tone selection.

The music is definately five star quality, but the band is young and I'm sure to see better work from them in the future. A 4 star rating is adequate.

Send comments to AtLossForWords (BETA) | Report this review (#62482) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 30, 2005

3 stars After the success of their debut "Extension Of The Wish" they follow it up with an allbum that seems to be more focused on the vocallist (and songs) and less on the instrumental work (that is their strength). Well, for whatever reason this one does not hold up well to their first one.

"Encyclopedia" features lots of tempo shifts good guitar and heavy drums. I enjoy the lighter passages a lot, especially the guitar melodies.There seems to be a dark undercurrent throughout this song. "Mirages" opens with slow, heavy riffs with some good guitar solos and keyboard flurries. "Reaching Deep Within" is a song that employs the background synths I like so much. Lots of riffs too. "Two Is One" is the longest song here and the first half is mellow with piano and soft vocals while the second half is more uptempo and heavy.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is a full speed ahead instrumental. These guys can play ! "Castaway" has some reserved vocals and beautiful piano melodies. "Parasite" is all over the place with lots of mood and tempo shifts. The aggressive vocals that come and go don't do much for me at all. "One In My Head" opens with piano and has some complex arrangments. This is an interesting,well done song. We don't get vocals until almost 4 minutes in. "This Fragile Surface" has keyboard melodies all through it and lots of tempo changes as well.

Good album but I don't think i'd recommend it when there is so much good Prog-Metal out there that is much better than this one.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#112228) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 15, 2007

Review by CCVP
4 stars Thank God the title of the album is a lie!

After a relatively successful debut, Andromeda 2 years later release a brand new studio album entitled II=I. However, they changed their vocalist and that is a major change for the better, since David Fremberg vocals are better than Lawrence Mackrory to Andromeda's music. I mean, David Fremberg's vocals fit much better in Andromeda's music than Lawrence Mackrory's vocals, what is ultimately proven when they re-release their debut with Fremberg singing. Another interesting change is that their original bass players is also gone and, because of that, their guitarist Johan Reinholdz played the bass at the recording sessions. The result was very good, but Johan Reinholdz would still be the band's guitarist, after they found the new bass player, which is Fabian Gustavsson now.

Anyway, in Two is One Andromeda present themselves in a much darker mood than the one seen in Extension of the Wish. The songs are still played on the frantic speed they were on the debut, but now they (at least most of them) sound heavier and are in minor scales, what is responsible for the darker or sadder mood here. However, they still have some nice soft songs here, like Two is One and Castaway.

About the songs, musicianship and other features, there are some things i would like to state:

Andromeda's main characteristic is most certainly their incredible instrumental work, specially the guitars and the keyboards / pianos, and this albums shows it perfectly. From the incredible opening of Encyclopedia till This Fragile Surface both the guitars and the keyboards are blasting and the drums make it very round, smooth and complete. However, the musicianship of all players is incredible, in a positive way.

The highlights are: Encyclopedia (one of their best songs ever), Mirages, Two Is One, Morphing Into Nothing, One in my Head and This Fragile Surface.

Grade and Final Thoughts

With a new vocalist, Andromeda definitely reached the next level here, making music that is worthy to be considered and respected in the progressive metal scene. This album is all good, having no bad songs in my opinion, with some considerable highlights. Because of that this album deserves 4 stars.

Send comments to CCVP (BETA) | Report this review (#183898) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 27, 2008

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Andromeda second release from 2003 was a pleasent surprise for me from the biggining 3 years ago. This swedish prog metal band did a great job here mixing Dream Theater elements with groovy and intrsting arrangemets. I like this kind of prog metal up tempo, fast , slow depends how the mood changes, everything on this second release named II=I is a winner to my ears. Ok the influences are obvious taken from DT but they have also some personality in their work here aswell. LIke very much what the keyboard player Marin Hedin done here, really, something great in full of excellent chops, not to mention the drumer who is very sure of his instrument and created a real solit shythm section with the bass player, great. The voice is a new one on this album face the previous one the debute. I don't know the first album, but the voice of David Fremberg is good and fits very well here. This album has everything to become a great release in the future, complexity, progressive metal that pleases every fan, me included. Every single piece is great, showing that Andromeda is a force in this subgenre, not only followers , but real progressive metal band with talented musicians. 3.5 rounded to 4 .Still the instrumental one Morphing Into Nothing and Encyclopedia are real killers.Looking forward for another album to listen .

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#218716) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 28, 2009

4 stars 'Extension of the Wish', Andromeda's debut, happens to be one of my favourite albums of all time, so it's pretty obvious that these guys sure have a lot of hard work in store for them if they wish to top it. Sadly, I don't think 'II = I' quite lives up to the standards set by 'Extension...', but thi ... (read more)

Report this review (#220265) | Posted by Valarius | Monday, June 08, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If well, their first album was a good debut, although not too original. On this two is one there's much more variety, audacity and many refreshing music passages mixed in the exact moment with the right elements. This not means a musical evolution, but it's an important step on the path for gett ... (read more)

Report this review (#165080) | Posted by Epsilon | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Powerful power metal band, Andromeda was always a band sitting in my library collecting dust. Till one day I decided to give them a listen. And I'd have to say that I was impressed with what I heard for the raw metal and harsh vocals. II=I is a great album with some really good songs. Such as ... (read more)

Report this review (#142475) | Posted by Xeroth | Sunday, October 07, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars After a blazing first album, this one is really a huge step down. Extension was a very up-tempo and technical. It was a fresh sound for progressive metal. In this album, however, the band regresses into cliched themes and sounds. Even the vocalist, who was so expressive and wonderful in extensi ... (read more)

Report this review (#88932) | Posted by SolariS | Monday, September 04, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Excellent disc of the Swedish band ANDROMEDA, al to perish is another very good band that it comes from Scandinavian, that zone where this concentrating very good bands, is the new cluster of bands that are bringing forth talents worthy to turn around to see handle leaves from the earth, where ... (read more)

Report this review (#88639) | Posted by Shelket | Friday, September 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I select around 40 cd's to go on holiday in my black box, and like my review of ASCENSION THEORY, this goes with it. Several earlier views sum up the album, brilliant.Mixtures of fast hard rock/metals and more mellow sounds are the ingridents for a great album,unlike the 3rd album Chimera whic ... (read more)

Report this review (#82076) | Posted by | Tuesday, June 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The 2nd studio release by Sweden's Andromeda. Although there are elements of other prog-metal bands they have created their own distinctively style full of synthesizer and effects. All the musicians are on a quite high niveau if you consider they're all about 20! The music changes from heavy pas ... (read more)

Report this review (#53770) | Posted by W.Chuck | Saturday, October 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars this album commands nothing less than five stars. Not one bad song in the bunch. it is beautiful from start to finish. every song has a beautiful into. there is a nice balance of metal and mellow stuff. the keyboards are fantastic. the guitars are perfect, even reminds me of John Petrucci, who ... (read more)

Report this review (#18854) | Posted by daleplate | Thursday, April 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Dissapointing. I purchased this album after recieving several recommendations and thats the only way I can describe it. Andromeda serves up a prog metal, 9 track album that is riddled with cliches and suffers horribly from derivititus. Its hard to fault the band from a technical perspective, t ... (read more)

Report this review (#18853) | Posted by | Wednesday, February 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The first album - Extension of the Wish - is the best metal album I have ever heard... this one didn't quite live up to expectations but is a great album nontheless. First album had very little vocals and relied more on the amazing skills of Johan Reinholdz. This album the focus has been taken of ... (read more)

Report this review (#18846) | Posted by | Wednesday, December 17, 2003 | Review Permanlink

4 stars An awesome Band! Andromeda is great: heavy, progressive, technical... I havenīt heard the first album, but II=I is very, very good. Great Vocals, superb guitars, ingenious keyboards and powerful drums. Sure they best effort is yet to come. ... (read more)

Report this review (#18845) | Posted by | Friday, November 14, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANDROMEDA "II = I"