II = I

Buy ANDROMEDA Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Encyclopedia (7:35)
2. Mirages (5:42)
3. Reaching Deep Within (4:50)
4. Two Is One (10:09)
5. Morphing Into Nothing (7:34)
6. Castaway (6:16)
7. Parasite (6:54)
8. One In My Head (8:02)
9. This Fragile Surface (8:04)

Search ANDROMEDA II = I lyrics

Search ANDROMEDA II = I tabs

- David Fremberg / vocals
- Johan Reinholdz / guitars and bass
- Thomas Lejon / drums
- Marin Hedin / keyboards

New Hawen Records CD 45004-2

ANDROMEDA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANDROMEDA II = I Music

II=III=I
Century Media 2003
Ii = IIi = I
Inner Wound Recordings 2014
Ii=i by Andromeda (2003-03-24)Ii=i by Andromeda (2003-03-24)
Century Media
II = I by AndromedaII = I by Andromeda
Inner Wound/MBM

AEROSMITH CASSETTE TAPE - CLASSICS LIVE II USD $7.48 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Taiwan Mayday Wu Yue Tian Impossible II 2000 Rock Taiwan CD with OBI FCB543 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Hong Kong Movie The Shaolin Temple II Jet Li Ding Lan 2xVCD FCS6770 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Sealed Hong Kong Movie Fong Sai Yuk II Jet Li Siu Fong Fong 2xVCD FCB972 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 31m
OTIS JACKSON-THE LIFE STORY OF MADAME BETHUNE I&II ON PEACOCK BLACK GOSPEL 7 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Soul II Soul 1990 A New Decade vol.2 LP OOP Virgin USD $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Top Dance : Non stop mix:Snap, Soul II Soul, Tony Toni Tone, Was CD USD $4.56 Buy It Now 2h 31m
I.I.J. Metalstar Garocktica CD USD $5.49 Buy It Now 2h 32m
The White Cliffs Of Dover  42 World War II HITS  2 Minty CDs  Original Artists USD $22.41 Buy It Now 2h 32m
THE SMITHS BEST II LP 1992 BRAZIL NEAR MINT CONDITION USD $62.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
BEST OF BLUEGRASS II by Various Artists (Cassette, May-1995, K-Tel. IN EXCELLENT USD $2.99 [0 bids]
VOLUMES 1 & 2 THE FAMOUS HITS OF WORLD WAR II CDs USD $0.99 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Unknown Artist Juan Pablo II CD USD $5.43 Buy It Now 2h 33m
UB 40 : Labour of love II CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Queen - Greatest Hits II Double LP Original 1991 USD $10.62 [2 bids]
Colorphase Phase II CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Sixteen/Harry Christophers - Eton Choirbook Ii: Crown Of (CD New) USD $13.51 Buy It Now 2h 36m
II BY UNKNOWN MORTAL ORCHE (CD) USD $20.41 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Songcatcher II: The Tradition That Inspired the Movie USD $8.93 Buy It Now 2h 37m
RICK DEES & His Cast of Idiots: Disco Duck, PART I & II (1976, RSO 45rpm) USD $2.97 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Placido Domingo Amore Infinito Songs Inspired by the Poems of John Paul II USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Various - Dreaming Vol.II LP, Comp USD $2.50 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Unknown Artist Sing Along Country Classics Vol II CD USD $4.40 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Sound of Classics : Digital Classics II CD (1990) USD $4.22 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Brothers Like Outlaw - The Oneness Of II Minds In Unison LP, Album USD $2.50 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Russ Ballard Fly Away UK 45 7" single +Danger Zone - Part II USD $3.74 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Band Aid II Do They Know It's Christmas? UK 45 7" single +Picture Sleeve USD $3.74 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Labour of Love II by UB40 (CD, Dec-1989, Virgin) USD $3.25 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Switch - Switch II LP VG+ G7-988 R1 Gordy 1979 USA Vinyl Record USD $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Leon Russell & Marc Benno Asylum Choir II 12" LP Shelter SRL 52010 Vinyl N/Mint USD $4.95 Buy It Now 2h 42m
FARID EL ATRACHE Saalni Ellil (I & II) MIDDLE EAST ARAB Cairophon FRANCE PS 45 USD $22.14 [0 bids]
Status Quo ?- 12 Gold Bars Volume I+I 1984 UK 2 x LP EX/EX USD $12.98 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Neil Diamond's 12 Greatest Hits Vol. II 12" LP 1982 Columbia TC 38068 Vinyl N/M USD $4.95 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Holy Sons Decline of the West Vol. I & II 2xLP vinyl record sealed grails USD $22.95 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Strauss, J. Classical Masters Johann Strauss II CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Barry Manilow II 1974 NM Record Stereo Vinyl LP Arista Records Shrink on Cover USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Various Artist - Faux Real Ii [Vinyl New] USD $19.46 Buy It Now 2h 46m
BOYZ II MEN END OF THE ROAD CASSETTE SINGLE USD $1.24 [0 bids]
Vintage Record Vinyl LP Led Zeppelin II USD $9.95 [1 bids]
Jean-pierre Rampal - The Complete Erato Recordings II 1963 - 1969 NEW CD USD $56.89 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Eddy Arnold "Best Of Eddy Arnold" Volume II (S) USD $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 48m
II [USED CD] USD $10.32 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Free*Postage New Earth Angels Of Darkness, Demons of Light II Aqua 2x LP Carlson USD $98.40 Buy It Now 2h 50m
J.II Strauss,J.II Strauss,Lenard,J.II Strauss,J.II Strauss,Lenard,Bratislava Rad USD $4.49 Buy It Now 2h 51m
Mega Rare Michael Jackson Live 1984 Vol. II Singapore Cassette CS1152 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Hong Kong Movie A Chinese Ghost Story II Leslie Cheung ??? ??? ?? 2xVCD FCS3936 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Hong Kong Movie A Chinese Ghost Story II Leslie Cheung ??? ??? ?? 2xVCD FCS3919 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Singapore Jimmy Chan Chinese Favourites II Piano Instrumental Music 12" CLP4134 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Picture Disc Pictures of Elvis II lp USD $21.12 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Various : Best Dance Album II (2CDs) (1993) USD $4.49 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Tribulation Force : Left Behind II Southern.. CD (2008) USD $3.88 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Funk, Inc. - Dirty Red / Part II 7" Vinyl 45 VG+ 1973 USA Prestige PRT-759 USD $18.00 Buy It Now 2h 54m
George McCrae - Rock Your Baby / Part II 7" Vinyl 45 VG+ 1974 USA T.K. 1004 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 56m
HOLIDAY FAVOURITES (COLES) - Volume II - ASSORTED ARTISTS - GRADES EXCELLENT USD $3.02 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Phil Snedecor The Lyrical Trumpet II CD USD $5.49 Buy It Now 2h 58m
NICOLAS JAAR Nymphs Vol II 12" NEW VINYL Other People Darkside Downtempo USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 58m
Queen : Queen II CD (1991) USD $9.74 Buy It Now 2h 58m
CLAUDIA ASHLEY-C'EST LA VIE (PART I&II)-ORIGINAL GERMAN 7" 45rpm 1977-DISCO USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Soul II Soul Vol. II (1990 A New Decade) - Music Cassette USD $4.00 Buy It Now 3h
ANDREAS KISSER HUBRIS I & II SEALED 2 CD SET NEW USD $7.07 Buy It Now 3h
QUEEN Greatest Hits II - UK CD album 1991 USD $3.74 [0 bids]
3h
Statik Sound System Tempesta II CD USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 2m
Godfather Part Ii [Vinyl New] USD $14.67 Buy It Now 3h 2m
Little Royal: Down On The Sand / Down On The Sand Part II 45 - Beach Soul USD $9.00 Buy It Now 3h 3m
HOOKED ON CLASSICS II louis clark LP Record - sealed USD $9.95 [0 bids]
Faux Real Ii - Various Artist (2015, Vinyl New) USD $25.91 Buy It Now 3h 5m
MUSIC FROM VIENNA II CD USD $4.94 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Led Zeppelin II Mexico Import Vinyl LP (Sealed & Mint) USD $11.24 [1 bids]
THE BEST OF LENNY DEE Vol. II Set of 2 Vintage Records 33Lp 1975 USD $2.49 [0 bids]
USD $5.00 Buy It Now
T.G. SHEPPARD: Greatest Hits, Vol. Ii LP (co) Country USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Unknown Artist Strauss Music frome vienna II CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 10m
BACHMAN TURNER OVERDRIVE II '73 Mercury with song hype sticker in shrink NM- USD $25.00 Buy It Now 3h 10m
SLEEP OF MONSTERS - II: POISON GARDEN VINYL LP NEW+ USD $34.11 Buy It Now 3h 11m
LED ZEPPELIN II A2/B2 UK ATLANTIC 'Lemon Song' Credit LP Red/plum EX+ AUDIO! USD $91.20 [25 bids]
GEMINI II LP ASTROMUSICAL HOUSE ASTRO 1003 MINT- NM+ LP 1969 RARE USD $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
BAT OUT OF HELL II: BACK INTO HELL... [Limited] by MEAT LOAF (CD, Sep-1993 MCA) USD $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
LARRY GATLIN BROTHERS BAND-GREATEST HITS VOL. II COLUMBIA FC 38923 VG+/NM LP USD $8.98 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Steven C. : Natural Piano II CD (1998) USD $3.29 Buy It Now 3h 13m
More Dancing Dirty - Vol. II (UK Import) CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Stylistics, The - The Best Of The Stylistics Volume II LP, Comp USD $3.75 Buy It Now 3h 14m
BOBBY BROWN On Our Own (Ghostbusters II) MCA 7" 1350 C/w Same With Rap PS USD $2.50 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Turdy Point Buck II: Da Sequel USD $6.42 Buy It Now 3h 15m
The Doo Wop Box II 101 More Vocal Group Gems 4 CD Boxed Set + Book USD $23.74 [3 bids]
Bless 'me All Music and Songs From World War II Music Cassette USD $1.24 Buy It Now 3h 15m
Led Zeppelin II Atlantic Cassette CS413 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 15m
The Evolution II by Larry Callahan/Selected of God (CD, 2012, Sing2Praise) USD $14.33 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Jon Bon Jovi 1990 Young Guns II OST Mega Rare Polygram Malaysia Cassette CS112 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 17m
Blackfield - Blackfield II LP - Kscope 2013 - Nr. Mint USD $18.74 [1 bids]
Bassic Instinct II Stereo Deluxe 1999 Mega Rare Singapore 2xCD FCS5298 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 19m
DUKE ELLINGTON Antibes Concert Vol II LP Verve Rec 2304-065 FR 1966 M SEALED 5B USD $20.78 Buy It Now 3h 19m
Louie Devito : Trance Sessions II CD (2005) USD $4.90 Buy It Now 3h 19m
GLENN MILLER W.W.II BROADCASTS (new) USD $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 19m
101 Dalmatians II Patch's London Adventure Cartoon Singapore Only VCD FCS6536 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Hong Kong Movie Prison On Fire II Chow Yun-fat Yu Li 2xVCD FCS6524 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Alice Cooper Original Album Series Volume 2 5 CD set new Vol. II USD $22.49 Buy It Now 3h 21m
NEW Masse Remixes II (Vinyl) USD $31.45 Buy It Now 3h 21m
ETERNITY EXPRESS II LP KGEA 201 PRIVATE POP ROCK PSYCH RELIGIOUS CHRISTIAN OHIO USD $54.99 Buy It Now 3h 22m
Soul II Soul Get A Life 12" Vinyl. USD $1.87 [0 bids]
Best Audiophile Voices II Woman Vocals 2003 24bit Premium Singapore CD FCS6226 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 23m
THE BEATLES The Get Back Journals II LIMITED # Edition VIGOTONE 8CD Filmbox RARE USD $599.50 [0 bids]
USD $899.90 Buy It Now

More places to buy ANDROMEDA music online Buy ANDROMEDA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ANDROMEDA II = I ratings distribution

ANDROMEDA II = I reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars This is the second album of Sweden band formed in 1999. They released their debut "Extension of The Wish" in 2001. There is a change in line-up since the debut album with new lead singer David Fremberg and the exit of previous bass player Gert Daun. The bass line is now taken care by the guitar player Johan Reinholdz. Basically it has transformed from five-piece to four-piece band. The rest of the band members are intact: Thomas Lejon looks after drum stools and Martin Herdin (keyboards).

The band has a potential future as great band in progressive metal arena. This album represents their existence in this arena demonstrating their ability to compose and deliver their music with power and energy. Using Mike Portnoy's view of sort of progressive metal elements (*), this album is heavy (70%), progressive (10%) and melodic (20%). Despite its power and energy, the album is (sometimes) lacking in structure and harmony, I would say. It's probably a mixing / production issue.

Having been opened with soft keyboard and guitar, "Encyclopedia" blasts off with heavy riffs and speed bass line followed by vocal. The music flows in full energy with soft guitar riffs at background. At tempo change, during transition, guitar takes its solo part augmented with symphonic keyboard at background. To my personal taste, the harmony between guitar riffs and drum is a bit lacking. It sounds rough to my ears. At approx min 4:50 - the part where the voice is backed with solo drum and keyboard punch - it does not sound natural to me. This track has a very good guitar solo (in the vein of classic rock music) at the ending part. Unfortunately . this guitar solo has to end not in natural way - it fades out and replaced by tape loop of percussion sound. Uughh . what a regret!

"Mirages" starts off with heavy guitar riffs / solo followed by drumming. The voice line enters the scene with the riffs at the back. There is nice keyboard work combined with guitar solo accompanying the vocal. The guitar solo during interlude is stunning.

"Reaching Deep Within" kicks off with a guitar and keyboard works followed by drum and bass. Again, it sounds to me that this part is lacking harmony and melody. It sounds rough. The riffs produced during the voice line are simple but a bit boring to me. To me, this is a straight forward metal tune. "Two Is One" is the longest track (10:09) . It starts with a nice guitar fills followed by slow tempo music to feature voice line. No guitar riffs at this part. The tempo moves faster at approx min 4:00 with higher tone voice line. The guitar riffs start to roll in the middle of the track augmented with good keyboard sound. The combination of guitar and keyboard solo during interlude / transitions is really good.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is an upbeat instrumental piece demonstrating keyboard and guitar sounds. It's a very good composition. I like the harmony of two sounds (keyboard and guitar) in the middle of the track (approx min 4:00) onward. It actually can be better if the mixing is improved as it sounds bit rough to me.

"Castaway" is a mellow track performed in ballad style. The vocal harmony is excellent, the piano fills are stunning. No riffs; guitar is played with fills. No drumming. Solo piano is wonderful. I can hear that the lead singer voice in low register is very good. It's a melodic and relaxing track.

"Parasite" blows off with heavy music and it flows in typical prog met music. The music turns quieter in the middle of the track with great keyboard and voice line. This part is really nice. I can hear sort of jazz/fusion influence in this track.

"One In My Head" starts off with a melodic piano / keyboard touch followed by upbeat music with excellent guitar and keyboard. This track has relatively long instrumental as the vocal takes off around the middle of the track. Despite good performance, this track is lacking in structure (music wise) and mixing (production wise).

"This Fragile Surface" is probably the most symphonic one compared to the other tracks. Yes, there are guitar riffs still but it only accentuates the bars during the voice line. The guitar solo and keyboard work are really wonderful and melodic. This is an excellent track well positioned to conclude the album.

Overall this album is good but not essential. However, I would still recommend this album for those of you who like progressive metal music like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Ice Age, Pain of Salvation, Evergrey, etc. Rating: 3.25/5. GW, Indonesia.

Reference: (*) Interview with Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater as it can be seen from DREAM THEATER "Live at Budokan" DVD - disc 2. It's a simple and practical definition of progressive metal genre, I think.

Review by AtLossForWords
4 stars Relatively new Prog Metal band from Sweden brings nostalgia of Dream Theater.

Andromeda is a Progressive Metal band from Sweden. I have almost nothing but comments from this great and relatively new band. II=I is there second studio release. When one listens to it, the elements of a dark emotional sound with an excellent mix hard and soft matierial will become apparent.

The album is written similar to Dream Theater. Throughout all of the album there are jazzy overtones complimenting the funk-styled rythym playing. Thomas LeJon is a Progressive Metal drummer with talents that can compare even to Mike Portnoy and Virgil Donati. Johan Reinholdz is one of the very best young progressive metal guitarists. On certain occaisions his playing can excel ahead of players like John Petrucci. The future is very bright for this young guitarist (who doubles on bass). His styled is extremely smooth and jazzy, truly a pleasure to listen to. Martin Hedin is also an apt keyboardist. Hedin has excellent skill, but lacks synth sound creativity. The only complaint I really have are the vocals from David Fremberg. He fits the band somewhat nicely, but he has trouble in some of the more delicate tracks. If his voice matures enough to sing smoother in softer parts, he also has a bright future.

The album is quite a piece of work. The opening track Encyclopedia imeadiately gets the listener thinking about the lyrics. The title track Two Is One is a Progressive art. The song has a special touch to it to keep building with emotion while staying calm musically. The track finally starts to climax at the end which was a perfect lead to the next track, the insturmental Morphing Into Nothing. The insturmental shows off the amazing insturmental talents this band has. It's even comparable to Dance of Eternity by Dream Theater, but it's longer and showcases more guitars than keyboards.

The production isn't lively, but it really fits the album. The tones are dark and subtle. Even the drums have a certain bleakness to their tone. The bass isn't noticeable, but Johan Reinholdz makes his living in this band as a guitarist, not a bassist. The keyboards are my only complaint as they are somewhat uncreative with the tone selection.

The music is definately five star quality, but the band is young and I'm sure to see better work from them in the future. A 4 star rating is adequate.

3 stars After the success of their debut "Extension Of The Wish" they follow it up with an allbum that seems to be more focused on the vocallist (and songs) and less on the instrumental work (that is their strength). Well, for whatever reason this one does not hold up well to their first one.

"Encyclopedia" features lots of tempo shifts good guitar and heavy drums. I enjoy the lighter passages a lot, especially the guitar melodies.There seems to be a dark undercurrent throughout this song. "Mirages" opens with slow, heavy riffs with some good guitar solos and keyboard flurries. "Reaching Deep Within" is a song that employs the background synths I like so much. Lots of riffs too. "Two Is One" is the longest song here and the first half is mellow with piano and soft vocals while the second half is more uptempo and heavy.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is a full speed ahead instrumental. These guys can play ! "Castaway" has some reserved vocals and beautiful piano melodies. "Parasite" is all over the place with lots of mood and tempo shifts. The aggressive vocals that come and go don't do much for me at all. "One In My Head" opens with piano and has some complex arrangments. This is an interesting,well done song. We don't get vocals until almost 4 minutes in. "This Fragile Surface" has keyboard melodies all through it and lots of tempo changes as well.

Good album but I don't think i'd recommend it when there is so much good Prog-Metal out there that is much better than this one.

Review by CCVP
4 stars Thank God the title of the album is a lie!

After a relatively successful debut, Andromeda 2 years later release a brand new studio album entitled II=I. However, they changed their vocalist and that is a major change for the better, since David Fremberg vocals are better than Lawrence Mackrory to Andromeda's music. I mean, David Fremberg's vocals fit much better in Andromeda's music than Lawrence Mackrory's vocals, what is ultimately proven when they re-release their debut with Fremberg singing. Another interesting change is that their original bass players is also gone and, because of that, their guitarist Johan Reinholdz played the bass at the recording sessions. The result was very good, but Johan Reinholdz would still be the band's guitarist, after they found the new bass player, which is Fabian Gustavsson now.

Anyway, in Two is One Andromeda present themselves in a much darker mood than the one seen in Extension of the Wish. The songs are still played on the frantic speed they were on the debut, but now they (at least most of them) sound heavier and are in minor scales, what is responsible for the darker or sadder mood here. However, they still have some nice soft songs here, like Two is One and Castaway.

About the songs, musicianship and other features, there are some things i would like to state:

Andromeda's main characteristic is most certainly their incredible instrumental work, specially the guitars and the keyboards / pianos, and this albums shows it perfectly. From the incredible opening of Encyclopedia till This Fragile Surface both the guitars and the keyboards are blasting and the drums make it very round, smooth and complete. However, the musicianship of all players is incredible, in a positive way.

The highlights are: Encyclopedia (one of their best songs ever), Mirages, Two Is One, Morphing Into Nothing, One in my Head and This Fragile Surface.

Grade and Final Thoughts

With a new vocalist, Andromeda definitely reached the next level here, making music that is worthy to be considered and respected in the progressive metal scene. This album is all good, having no bad songs in my opinion, with some considerable highlights. Because of that this album deserves 4 stars.

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Andromeda second release from 2003 was a pleasent surprise for me from the biggining 3 years ago. This swedish prog metal band did a great job here mixing Dream Theater elements with groovy and intrsting arrangemets. I like this kind of prog metal up tempo, fast , slow depends how the mood changes, everything on this second release named II=I is a winner to my ears. Ok the influences are obvious taken from DT but they have also some personality in their work here aswell. LIke very much what the keyboard player Marin Hedin done here, really, something great in full of excellent chops, not to mention the drumer who is very sure of his instrument and created a real solit shythm section with the bass player, great. The voice is a new one on this album face the previous one the debute. I don't know the first album, but the voice of David Fremberg is good and fits very well here. This album has everything to become a great release in the future, complexity, progressive metal that pleases every fan, me included. Every single piece is great, showing that Andromeda is a force in this subgenre, not only followers , but real progressive metal band with talented musicians. 3.5 rounded to 4 .Still the instrumental one Morphing Into Nothing and Encyclopedia are real killers.Looking forward for another album to listen .

4 stars If well, their first album was a good debut, although not too original. On this two is one there's much more variety, audacity and many refreshing music passages mixed in the exact moment with the right elements. This not means a musical evolution, but it's an important step on the path for gett ... (read more)

Report this review (#165080) | Posted by Epsilon | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Powerful power metal band, Andromeda was always a band sitting in my library collecting dust. Till one day I decided to give them a listen. And I'd have to say that I was impressed with what I heard for the raw metal and harsh vocals. II=I is a great album with some really good songs. Such as ... (read more)

Report this review (#142475) | Posted by Xeroth | Sunday, October 7, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars After a blazing first album, this one is really a huge step down. Extension was a very up-tempo and technical. It was a fresh sound for progressive metal. In this album, however, the band regresses into cliched themes and sounds. Even the vocalist, who was so expressive and wonderful in extensi ... (read more)

Report this review (#88932) | Posted by SolariS | Monday, September 4, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Excellent disc of the Swedish band ANDROMEDA, al to perish is another very good band that it comes from Scandinavian, that zone where this concentrating very good bands, is the new cluster of bands that are bringing forth talents worthy to turn around to see handle leaves from the earth, where ... (read more)

Report this review (#88639) | Posted by Shelket | Friday, September 1, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I select around 40 cd's to go on holiday in my black box, and like my review of ASCENSION THEORY, this goes with it. Several earlier views sum up the album, brilliant.Mixtures of fast hard rock/metals and more mellow sounds are the ingridents for a great album,unlike the 3rd album Chimera whic ... (read more)

Report this review (#82076) | Posted by | Tuesday, June 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The 2nd studio release by Sweden's Andromeda. Although there are elements of other prog-metal bands they have created their own distinctively style full of synthesizer and effects. All the musicians are on a quite high niveau if you consider they're all about 20! The music changes from heavy pas ... (read more)

Report this review (#53770) | Posted by W.Chuck | Saturday, October 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars this album commands nothing less than five stars. Not one bad song in the bunch. it is beautiful from start to finish. every song has a beautiful into. there is a nice balance of metal and mellow stuff. the keyboards are fantastic. the guitars are perfect, even reminds me of John Petrucci, who ... (read more)

Report this review (#18854) | Posted by daleplate | Thursday, April 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Dissapointing. I purchased this album after recieving several recommendations and thats the only way I can describe it. Andromeda serves up a prog metal, 9 track album that is riddled with cliches and suffers horribly from derivititus. Its hard to fault the band from a technical perspective, t ... (read more)

Report this review (#18853) | Posted by | Wednesday, February 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The first album - Extension of the Wish - is the best metal album I have ever heard... this one didn't quite live up to expectations but is a great album nontheless. First album had very little vocals and relied more on the amazing skills of Johan Reinholdz. This album the focus has been taken of ... (read more)

Report this review (#18846) | Posted by | Wednesday, December 17, 2003 | Review Permanlink

4 stars An awesome Band! Andromeda is great: heavy, progressive, technical... I haven´t heard the first album, but II=I is very, very good. Great Vocals, superb guitars, ingenious keyboards and powerful drums. Sure they best effort is yet to come. ... (read more)

Report this review (#18845) | Posted by | Friday, November 14, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANDROMEDA "II = I"