II = I

Buy ANDROMEDA Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Encyclopedia (7:35)
2. Mirages (5:42)
3. Reaching Deep Within (4:50)
4. Two Is One (10:09)
5. Morphing Into Nothing (7:34)
6. Castaway (6:16)
7. Parasite (6:54)
8. One In My Head (8:02)
9. This Fragile Surface (8:04)

- David Fremberg / vocals

Inner Wound Recordings 2014
$7.96
II=III=I
Century Media 2003
Ii = I by Andromeda (2014-05-04)Ii = I by Andromeda (2014-05-04)
Inner Wound Recordings
$23.80

Van Halen - Van Halen II (Remastered) [CD] USD $11.13 Buy It Now 1h 29m
RAMBO FIRST BLOOD PART II original soundtrack ost, jerry goldsmith LP VG/VG, uk USD $35.46 Buy It Now 1h 30m
DJ Lelewel - Magic Atto II - 12" Vinyl Record USD $9.10 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Mirage - Jack Mix II - 12" Vinyl Record USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Alyson Avenue-Omega II (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $12.41 Buy It Now 1h 30m
MEAT PUPPETS - Meat Puppets Ii - CD - Original Recording Reissued Original Mint USD $37.95 Buy It Now 1h 30m
POLTERGEIST II: THE OTHER SIDE original soundtrack ost jerry goldsmith LP EX-/VG USD $35.46 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Wytch Hazel ?- II: Sojourn LP WHITE VINYL 80 COPIES Bad Omen Records OMEN017 USD $54.99 [0 bids]
Saviour Machine ?- Legend Part II 2×CD 300 hand-numbered signed copy MEGA RARE USD $31.99 [0 bids]
ELKIE BROOKS - Pearls Ii - CD - Import - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** - RARE USD $55.49 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Kernschmelze Ii:cantata for Improvise - Penny Rimbaud Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $16.66 Buy It Now 1h 32m
The Songs Of World War II - CD Album - 2000 - 24 Great Tracks - HMV Easy USD $3.79 Buy It Now 1h 32m
BOYZ II MEN II MOTOWN 731453032323 CD A5904 USD $6.50 Buy It Now 1h 34m
David Bowie 1978 ISOLAR II Tour Guest Pass USD $29.39 [2 bids]
David Bowie 1978 ISOLAR II Tour Guest Pass USD $27.85 [0 bids]
David Bowie Isolar II 1978 tour programme Australia USD $43.04 [0 bids]
Definitive Collection Lp (eps I & Ii) - Yumi Zouma LP Free Shipping! USD $25.42 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Cooleyhighharmony [1993 Reissue] by Boyz II Men (CD, Nov-1993, Motown) USD $3.75 Buy It Now 1h 36m
All This And World War II -12"vinyl 2xLP Gatefold RVLP2 film soundtrack UK1976 USD $6.33 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Sleep Of Monsters - Ii: Poison Garden [CD] USD $17.08 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Evolution by Boyz II Men (CD, Sep-1997, Motown) USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Soul II Soul A Dream A Dream 12" Vinyl Record 0-96469 NM Condition 1990 USD $9.09 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Blodulv - II CD 2006 digi black metal Sweden USD $11.95 Buy It Now 1h 40m
CD Guns N' Roses - Use your Illusion II (Geffen 1991) USD $4.85 Buy It Now 1h 42m
BARRY MANILOW II 1974 Record Arista AL 4016 original with Picture Sterling USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
MARIAH CAREY & BOYZ II MEN - One Sweet Day - 1995 UK Original Issue 5-track CD USD $8.85 Buy It Now 1h 43m
BOYZ II MEN The Remix Collection JAPAN CD POCT-1073 1995 NEW USD $33.94 Buy It Now 1h 44m
LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA - BEST OF BROADWAY II (CD ALBUM) - EXCELLENT USD $2.52 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Celtic Christmas II Kevin Burke; Michael O Domhnaill, Maighread Ni Dhomhnaill A USD $4.34 Buy It Now 1h 45m
AMON DUUL II live in london LP EX/VG+ USP 102, vinyl, album, uk, 1973, p USD $69.48 Buy It Now 1h 45m
LOUIS ARMSTRONG Lo Mejor De Vol II LP Album 12" 33rpm Vinyl VG Spanish 2 USD $6.33 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Tarja-Act Ii-3Lp (UK IMPORT) VINYL NEW USD $29.74 Buy It Now 1h 46m
COLOSSEUM II war dance (1st uk press) LP EX+/EX- MCF 2817 vinyl, jazz-rock, 1977 USD $43.97 Buy It Now 1h 47m
The Presidents of the United States of America: II by The Presidents of the Unit USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Boyz II Men - Nathan Michael Shawn Wanya (2000) USD $1.90 [0 bids]
Capone - Menace II Society (CD) *NEW* USD $10.11 Buy It Now 1h 58m
LP Charlie Parker - Memorial vol. II 2, NM USD $23.50 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Alan Silvestri Young Guns Ii / O.S.T. Vinyl 2 LP NEW sealed USD $49.50 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Vinyl LP Barry Manilow II 1974 Arista records. USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Mirella Trio Marino ?Vinyl 7" 45 rpm Santa Maria Goretti (Parte I USD $33.29 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Magnum - II (CD 1987) - RARE CD USD $9.48 Buy It Now 2h 6m
PETER GABRIEL Peter Gabriel II 1984 issue VINYL LP EXCELLENT CONDITION GENESIS USD $12.65 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Carnival Ii: Memoirs of an Immigrant CD (2007) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Mary Martin Sings Richard Rogers Plays Vol. II (EPA 2-1539 RCA Victor) USD $4.49 Buy It Now 2h 10m
AMON DUUL II - Amon Duul 2: Greatest Hits - CD - **Excellent Condition** USD $24.75 Buy It Now 2h 11m
COLLIN,JON-WATER & ROCK MUSIC VOLUME II VINYL LP NEW USD $26.88 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Barbra Streisand's - Greatest Hits Volume II - LP Vinyl Record (I9) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
MEAT LOAF Bat Out Of Hell II Back Into Hell Cassette 1993 WORKS MCA MCAC-10699 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Record Album LP 1970's Noches de Pena Volume II Peruano IEMPSA Records USD $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Paul Mc Cartney II Vinyl Record Album Vintage Orginal McCartney Music 33Lp USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 18m
N1-76 WALTERCARLOS Switched-On Bach II .... 1973 ... KM 32659 USD $22.95 Buy It Now 2h 18m
TONY ORLANDO AND DAWN II LP Canadian Great copy !! USD $7.60 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Live Cream Volume II SD7005 1978 Atlantic Records Vintage Record Album USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 19m
BEST OF MOTOWN I I (2)(2CDs) USD $7.60 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Samantha Mumba ?- Body II Body Vinyl, 12", Single, Promo UK V:NM SLV:EX USD $19.00 Buy It Now 2h 20m
PINK FLOYD Another Brick In Te Wall Part II 1979 RARE! P/S 7" Single 45 BRAZIL USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Motown: A Journey Through Hitsville USA by Boyz II Men (CD, 2007) New Sealed! USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 21m
DAWSON'S CREEK (TELEVISION - Songs From Dawson's Creek - Vol. Ii - CD - NEW USD $27.95 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Little Sister: You're Still The One - Part I / Part II 45 - Funk USD $6.38 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Elkie Brooks - "Pearls II" - Vinyl Record 12" LP 33RPM - 1982 - ELK1982 NM USD $3.16 [0 bids]
Steven Page - Discipline: Heal Thyself Pt II [New CD] Canada - Import USD $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Pure Moods, Vol. II USD $5.59 Buy It Now 2h 23m
II [Bonus Track] by Boyz II Men (CD, Sep-1994, Island (Label)) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 24m
The Chart Show Rock The Nation Vol II LP Album Vinyl ADD4 Rock 80's USD $12.63 Buy It Now 2h 24m
NEW SEALED Barry Manilow II 1974 Arista LP 4016 With Hype Sticker Mandy USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Unknown Mortal Orchestra Multi-Love Vinyl LP Record & MP3 II follow up NEW SALE! USD $36.82 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Culture II Explicit Lyrics 2 CD by Migos (Pop Rap) [Audio CD] NEW USD $31.00 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Ace Hood Trust The Process II: Undefeated 2018 (Mixtape) CD Rap PA Trap Hip Hop USD $16.37 Buy It Now 2h 27m
CRYSTAL CASTLES (II) 2010 14-track CD album BRAND NEW ii 2 two USD $7.50 Buy It Now 2h 28m
WU HAN LIVE II FROM [email protected] CD ((C11)) USD $14.95 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Ii:final Option - Krupps Die Free Shipping! USD $40.88 Buy It Now 2h 29m
CD PREISER Lebendige Vergangenheit MONO 89122 "Elisabeth Schumann II 1885-1952" USD $15.18 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Frank Zappa Joes Garage Acts I, II & III CD 1987 Collectible VG Not a Music Club USD $32.69 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Ray Conniff - Concert In Rhythm Volume II - Orig Columbia DG Heavy LP - NMINT USD $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Art Popular : Samba Pop Brasil II CD USD $3.89 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Greatest Hits Volume II by Alan Jackson (CD, 2003, Arista) USD $7.45 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Boyz II Men Cd, Christmas Interpretations USD $5.49 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Mozart .Karl Böhm Berliner Philharmoniker ?-The Symphonies Vol.II Cassettes 7-12 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Barry Manilow - Greatest Hits Vol II (Cassette, Tape) Working Great Tested USD $2.83 Buy It Now 2h 38m
ZOO RAVE II Volume 2 (CD 1993) Vol. Two Dance EDM 10 Songs USD $7.95 Buy It Now 2h 40m
WINDHAM HILL Guitar Sampler Volume 2 Vol. II (CD 1991) 10 Songs USD $23.99 Buy It Now 2h 40m
SOUL II SOUL - I Care (soul Ii Soul) - CD - **Mint Condition** USD $20.95 Buy It Now 2h 41m
PRETENDERS II LP Portugal Import NM 1981 REAL RECORDS original inner sleeve USD $55.55 Buy It Now 2h 42m
The SALSOUL ORCHESTRA Christmas Jollies II LP 1981 VG/VG+ USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Lost Themes Ii - Carpenter,John LP Free Shipping! USD $30.81 Buy It Now 2h 42m
25 Maxell CD-R Audio Blank CDR XL-II 80 Free P&P* Audio Music CD's NEW 80 MINS USD $12.65 Buy It Now 2h 42m
PECOS KANVAS;MIGUEL - Tropichanga Vol.ii By Unknown (1994-01-01) - CD - *NEW* USD $27.95 Buy It Now 2h 44m
II transMuter 2008 by genCAB USD $6.20 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Last In Line-Ii CD NEW USD $16.05 Buy It Now 2h 49m
The Forty Four Territories - Detroit, Michigan II - Americanafest Sampler (CD) USD $7.95 Buy It Now 2h 51m
Megaherz - Herzwerk II (Cassette) BMG Russia SEALED USD $9.50 Buy It Now 2h 51m
Diplomatic Immunity II USD $7.98 Buy It Now 2h 52m
CHARLEY PRIDE THE BEST OF VOL. II 1972 RECORD RCA LSP-4682 USD $6.29 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Gym Class Heroes - Papercut Chronicles II (2011) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST USD $11.33 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Load Ovu Vermillion II Original Soundtrack USD $36.75 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Romantic Harp Ii - CD - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** USD $35.49 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Satan's Host - Pre-dating God Part II CD 2015 dark traditional metal Moribund USD $12.95 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Ii - Monolithe Compact Disc Free Shipping! USD $19.10 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Women of the World: Celtic II CD.......D47 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Chicago Greatest Hits, Vol II Cassette Tape 1981 USD $4.97 Buy It Now 2h 55m

More places to buy ANDROMEDA music online Buy ANDROMEDA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ANDROMEDA II = I ratings distribution

ANDROMEDA II = I reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars This is the second album of Sweden band formed in 1999. They released their debut "Extension of The Wish" in 2001. There is a change in line-up since the debut album with new lead singer David Fremberg and the exit of previous bass player Gert Daun. The bass line is now taken care by the guitar player Johan Reinholdz. Basically it has transformed from five-piece to four-piece band. The rest of the band members are intact: Thomas Lejon looks after drum stools and Martin Herdin (keyboards).

The band has a potential future as great band in progressive metal arena. This album represents their existence in this arena demonstrating their ability to compose and deliver their music with power and energy. Using Mike Portnoy's view of sort of progressive metal elements (*), this album is heavy (70%), progressive (10%) and melodic (20%). Despite its power and energy, the album is (sometimes) lacking in structure and harmony, I would say. It's probably a mixing / production issue.

Having been opened with soft keyboard and guitar, "Encyclopedia" blasts off with heavy riffs and speed bass line followed by vocal. The music flows in full energy with soft guitar riffs at background. At tempo change, during transition, guitar takes its solo part augmented with symphonic keyboard at background. To my personal taste, the harmony between guitar riffs and drum is a bit lacking. It sounds rough to my ears. At approx min 4:50 - the part where the voice is backed with solo drum and keyboard punch - it does not sound natural to me. This track has a very good guitar solo (in the vein of classic rock music) at the ending part. Unfortunately . this guitar solo has to end not in natural way - it fades out and replaced by tape loop of percussion sound. Uughh . what a regret!

"Mirages" starts off with heavy guitar riffs / solo followed by drumming. The voice line enters the scene with the riffs at the back. There is nice keyboard work combined with guitar solo accompanying the vocal. The guitar solo during interlude is stunning.

"Reaching Deep Within" kicks off with a guitar and keyboard works followed by drum and bass. Again, it sounds to me that this part is lacking harmony and melody. It sounds rough. The riffs produced during the voice line are simple but a bit boring to me. To me, this is a straight forward metal tune. "Two Is One" is the longest track (10:09) . It starts with a nice guitar fills followed by slow tempo music to feature voice line. No guitar riffs at this part. The tempo moves faster at approx min 4:00 with higher tone voice line. The guitar riffs start to roll in the middle of the track augmented with good keyboard sound. The combination of guitar and keyboard solo during interlude / transitions is really good.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is an upbeat instrumental piece demonstrating keyboard and guitar sounds. It's a very good composition. I like the harmony of two sounds (keyboard and guitar) in the middle of the track (approx min 4:00) onward. It actually can be better if the mixing is improved as it sounds bit rough to me.

"Castaway" is a mellow track performed in ballad style. The vocal harmony is excellent, the piano fills are stunning. No riffs; guitar is played with fills. No drumming. Solo piano is wonderful. I can hear that the lead singer voice in low register is very good. It's a melodic and relaxing track.

"Parasite" blows off with heavy music and it flows in typical prog met music. The music turns quieter in the middle of the track with great keyboard and voice line. This part is really nice. I can hear sort of jazz/fusion influence in this track.

"One In My Head" starts off with a melodic piano / keyboard touch followed by upbeat music with excellent guitar and keyboard. This track has relatively long instrumental as the vocal takes off around the middle of the track. Despite good performance, this track is lacking in structure (music wise) and mixing (production wise).

"This Fragile Surface" is probably the most symphonic one compared to the other tracks. Yes, there are guitar riffs still but it only accentuates the bars during the voice line. The guitar solo and keyboard work are really wonderful and melodic. This is an excellent track well positioned to conclude the album.

Overall this album is good but not essential. However, I would still recommend this album for those of you who like progressive metal music like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Ice Age, Pain of Salvation, Evergrey, etc. Rating: 3.25/5. GW, Indonesia.

Reference: (*) Interview with Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater as it can be seen from DREAM THEATER "Live at Budokan" DVD - disc 2. It's a simple and practical definition of progressive metal genre, I think.

Review by AtLossForWords
4 stars Relatively new Prog Metal band from Sweden brings nostalgia of Dream Theater.

Andromeda is a Progressive Metal band from Sweden. I have almost nothing but comments from this great and relatively new band. II=I is there second studio release. When one listens to it, the elements of a dark emotional sound with an excellent mix hard and soft matierial will become apparent.

The album is written similar to Dream Theater. Throughout all of the album there are jazzy overtones complimenting the funk-styled rythym playing. Thomas LeJon is a Progressive Metal drummer with talents that can compare even to Mike Portnoy and Virgil Donati. Johan Reinholdz is one of the very best young progressive metal guitarists. On certain occaisions his playing can excel ahead of players like John Petrucci. The future is very bright for this young guitarist (who doubles on bass). His styled is extremely smooth and jazzy, truly a pleasure to listen to. Martin Hedin is also an apt keyboardist. Hedin has excellent skill, but lacks synth sound creativity. The only complaint I really have are the vocals from David Fremberg. He fits the band somewhat nicely, but he has trouble in some of the more delicate tracks. If his voice matures enough to sing smoother in softer parts, he also has a bright future.

The album is quite a piece of work. The opening track Encyclopedia imeadiately gets the listener thinking about the lyrics. The title track Two Is One is a Progressive art. The song has a special touch to it to keep building with emotion while staying calm musically. The track finally starts to climax at the end which was a perfect lead to the next track, the insturmental Morphing Into Nothing. The insturmental shows off the amazing insturmental talents this band has. It's even comparable to Dance of Eternity by Dream Theater, but it's longer and showcases more guitars than keyboards.

The production isn't lively, but it really fits the album. The tones are dark and subtle. Even the drums have a certain bleakness to their tone. The bass isn't noticeable, but Johan Reinholdz makes his living in this band as a guitarist, not a bassist. The keyboards are my only complaint as they are somewhat uncreative with the tone selection.

The music is definately five star quality, but the band is young and I'm sure to see better work from them in the future. A 4 star rating is adequate.

3 stars After the success of their debut "Extension Of The Wish" they follow it up with an allbum that seems to be more focused on the vocallist (and songs) and less on the instrumental work (that is their strength). Well, for whatever reason this one does not hold up well to their first one.

"Encyclopedia" features lots of tempo shifts good guitar and heavy drums. I enjoy the lighter passages a lot, especially the guitar melodies.There seems to be a dark undercurrent throughout this song. "Mirages" opens with slow, heavy riffs with some good guitar solos and keyboard flurries. "Reaching Deep Within" is a song that employs the background synths I like so much. Lots of riffs too. "Two Is One" is the longest song here and the first half is mellow with piano and soft vocals while the second half is more uptempo and heavy.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is a full speed ahead instrumental. These guys can play ! "Castaway" has some reserved vocals and beautiful piano melodies. "Parasite" is all over the place with lots of mood and tempo shifts. The aggressive vocals that come and go don't do much for me at all. "One In My Head" opens with piano and has some complex arrangments. This is an interesting,well done song. We don't get vocals until almost 4 minutes in. "This Fragile Surface" has keyboard melodies all through it and lots of tempo changes as well.

Good album but I don't think i'd recommend it when there is so much good Prog-Metal out there that is much better than this one.

Review by CCVP
4 stars Thank God the title of the album is a lie!

After a relatively successful debut, Andromeda 2 years later release a brand new studio album entitled II=I. However, they changed their vocalist and that is a major change for the better, since David Fremberg vocals are better than Lawrence Mackrory to Andromeda's music. I mean, David Fremberg's vocals fit much better in Andromeda's music than Lawrence Mackrory's vocals, what is ultimately proven when they re-release their debut with Fremberg singing. Another interesting change is that their original bass players is also gone and, because of that, their guitarist Johan Reinholdz played the bass at the recording sessions. The result was very good, but Johan Reinholdz would still be the band's guitarist, after they found the new bass player, which is Fabian Gustavsson now.

Anyway, in Two is One Andromeda present themselves in a much darker mood than the one seen in Extension of the Wish. The songs are still played on the frantic speed they were on the debut, but now they (at least most of them) sound heavier and are in minor scales, what is responsible for the darker or sadder mood here. However, they still have some nice soft songs here, like Two is One and Castaway.

About the songs, musicianship and other features, there are some things i would like to state:

Andromeda's main characteristic is most certainly their incredible instrumental work, specially the guitars and the keyboards / pianos, and this albums shows it perfectly. From the incredible opening of Encyclopedia till This Fragile Surface both the guitars and the keyboards are blasting and the drums make it very round, smooth and complete. However, the musicianship of all players is incredible, in a positive way.

The highlights are: Encyclopedia (one of their best songs ever), Mirages, Two Is One, Morphing Into Nothing, One in my Head and This Fragile Surface.

Grade and Final Thoughts

With a new vocalist, Andromeda definitely reached the next level here, making music that is worthy to be considered and respected in the progressive metal scene. This album is all good, having no bad songs in my opinion, with some considerable highlights. Because of that this album deserves 4 stars.

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Andromeda second release from 2003 was a pleasent surprise for me from the biggining 3 years ago. This swedish prog metal band did a great job here mixing Dream Theater elements with groovy and intrsting arrangemets. I like this kind of prog metal up tempo, fast , slow depends how the mood changes, everything on this second release named II=I is a winner to my ears. Ok the influences are obvious taken from DT but they have also some personality in their work here aswell. LIke very much what the keyboard player Marin Hedin done here, really, something great in full of excellent chops, not to mention the drumer who is very sure of his instrument and created a real solit shythm section with the bass player, great. The voice is a new one on this album face the previous one the debute. I don't know the first album, but the voice of David Fremberg is good and fits very well here. This album has everything to become a great release in the future, complexity, progressive metal that pleases every fan, me included. Every single piece is great, showing that Andromeda is a force in this subgenre, not only followers , but real progressive metal band with talented musicians. 3.5 rounded to 4 .Still the instrumental one Morphing Into Nothing and Encyclopedia are real killers.Looking forward for another album to listen .

4 stars You know a band has its work cut out for them when their first album is considered a masterpiece (in my eyes, anyway). With their debut, 'Extension of the Wish' being one of my all-time favourite records, Andromeda sure have their backs against the wall. And while 'II = I' (that's, "two is one") ... (read more)

Report this review (#1777770) | Posted by martindavey87 | Saturday, September 2, 2017 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If well, their first album was a good debut, although not too original. On this two is one there's much more variety, audacity and many refreshing music passages mixed in the exact moment with the right elements. This not means a musical evolution, but it's an important step on the path for gett ... (read more)

Report this review (#165080) | Posted by Epsilon | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Powerful power metal band, Andromeda was always a band sitting in my library collecting dust. Till one day I decided to give them a listen. And I'd have to say that I was impressed with what I heard for the raw metal and harsh vocals. II=I is a great album with some really good songs. Such as ... (read more)

Report this review (#142475) | Posted by Xeroth | Sunday, October 7, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars After a blazing first album, this one is really a huge step down. Extension was a very up-tempo and technical. It was a fresh sound for progressive metal. In this album, however, the band regresses into cliched themes and sounds. Even the vocalist, who was so expressive and wonderful in extensi ... (read more)

Report this review (#88932) | Posted by SolariS | Monday, September 4, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Excellent disc of the Swedish band ANDROMEDA, al to perish is another very good band that it comes from Scandinavian, that zone where this concentrating very good bands, is the new cluster of bands that are bringing forth talents worthy to turn around to see handle leaves from the earth, where ... (read more)

Report this review (#88639) | Posted by Shelket | Friday, September 1, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I select around 40 cd's to go on holiday in my black box, and like my review of ASCENSION THEORY, this goes with it. Several earlier views sum up the album, brilliant.Mixtures of fast hard rock/metals and more mellow sounds are the ingridents for a great album,unlike the 3rd album Chimera whic ... (read more)

Report this review (#82076) | Posted by | Tuesday, June 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The 2nd studio release by Sweden's Andromeda. Although there are elements of other prog-metal bands they have created their own distinctively style full of synthesizer and effects. All the musicians are on a quite high niveau if you consider they're all about 20! The music changes from heavy pas ... (read more)

Report this review (#53770) | Posted by W.Chuck | Saturday, October 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars this album commands nothing less than five stars. Not one bad song in the bunch. it is beautiful from start to finish. every song has a beautiful into. there is a nice balance of metal and mellow stuff. the keyboards are fantastic. the guitars are perfect, even reminds me of John Petrucci, who ... (read more)

Report this review (#18854) | Posted by daleplate | Thursday, April 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Dissapointing. I purchased this album after recieving several recommendations and thats the only way I can describe it. Andromeda serves up a prog metal, 9 track album that is riddled with cliches and suffers horribly from derivititus. Its hard to fault the band from a technical perspective, t ... (read more)

Report this review (#18853) | Posted by | Wednesday, February 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The first album - Extension of the Wish - is the best metal album I have ever heard... this one didn't quite live up to expectations but is a great album nontheless. First album had very little vocals and relied more on the amazing skills of Johan Reinholdz. This album the focus has been taken of ... (read more)

Report this review (#18846) | Posted by | Wednesday, December 17, 2003 | Review Permanlink

4 stars An awesome Band! Andromeda is great: heavy, progressive, technical... I haven´t heard the first album, but II=I is very, very good. Great Vocals, superb guitars, ingenious keyboards and powerful drums. Sure they best effort is yet to come. ... (read more)

Report this review (#18845) | Posted by | Friday, November 14, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANDROMEDA "II = I"