II = I

Buy ANDROMEDA Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Encyclopedia (7:35)
2. Mirages (5:42)
3. Reaching Deep Within (4:50)
4. Two Is One (10:09)
5. Morphing Into Nothing (7:34)
6. Castaway (6:16)
7. Parasite (6:54)
8. One In My Head (8:02)
9. This Fragile Surface (8:04)

Search ANDROMEDA II = I lyrics

Search ANDROMEDA II = I tabs

- David Fremberg / vocals
- Johan Reinholdz / guitars and bass
- Thomas Lejon / drums
- Marin Hedin / keyboards

New Hawen Records CD 45004-2

ANDROMEDA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANDROMEDA II = I Music

II=III=I
Century Media 2003
Ii = IIi = I
Inner Wound Recordings 2014
II = I by AndromedaII = I by Andromeda
Inner Wound/MBM

VARIOUS ARTISTS - Le Groove Eclectique II - CD ** Brand New ** USD $35.75 Buy It Now 1h 29m
VARIOUS ARTISTS - Le Groove Eclectique II - CD ** Very Good condition ** USD $18.95 Buy It Now 1h 29m
DANZIG II-LUCIFUGE CD 1990 DEF AMERICAN 244281-2 1ST ISSUE USD $15.99 [0 bids]
DANZIG II-LUCIFUGE CD 1990 DEF AMERICAN 244281-2 1ST ISSUE USD $9.99 [0 bids]
MANNHEIM STEAMROLLER FRESH AIRE II & VI Lot of 2 LP Records New Age Chill USD $0.99 [1 bids]
CHOCOLATE PUMA - Cream Live Vol II - CD ** Like New - Mint ** USD $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 34m
CHOCOLATE PUMA - Cream Live Vol II - CD ** Brand New ** USD $18.95 Buy It Now 1h 34m
POLKA LP-EDDY WASILEWSKI'S POLKA BAND- POLISH PARTY VOLUME II.NEW SEALED. USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 35m
No Greater Love - Pastor Rod Ii & Treasures Of Worship Lumpk (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.73 Buy It Now 1h 35m
1974 - Various Artists- 20 Super Hits Vol. II - Philips Records (Germany) -VG++ USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
3 Sealed Maxell XL II High Bias CrO2 100 Minute Cassette Tapes New Never Opened USD $12.99 [0 bids]
LIL WAYNE THA CARTER II 12" 2x LP VINYL LENTICULAR CVR RECORD STORE DAY RSD 2016 USD $79.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
PAUL MCCARTNEY MCCARTNEY II EPS81324 OBI LP GG5434 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
LED ZEPPELIN Led Zeppelin II MT1091 LP GG3394 USD $10.50 [3 bids]
QUEEN QUEEN II P10119E OBI LP GG5383 USD $8.99 [2 bids]
V.A. TREASURES FROM IMMORTAL RECORDS (POPULAR), VOL. II AP30012 LP GG5480 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
LED ZEPPELIN "POSTER" Led Zeppelin II P8042 LP GG5371 USD $8.50 [2 bids]
Dio Della Love - Greatest Hits II (2007 CD) New USD $3.68 Buy It Now 1h 42m
ALBERT COLEMANS ATLANTA POPS " JUST HOOKED ON COUNTRY PT I & II " 45 7" SINGLE USD $3.05 Buy It Now 1h 43m
VINYL LP Duke Ellington - Vol. II The Early Years Everest Records FS 249 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Greatest Hits Volume II, Eddie Rabbitt,Very Good, vinyl with cover art- VG/VG-a USD $10.98 Buy It Now 1h 45m
M\'S-M\'S BEST ALBUM BEST LIVE! COLLECTION II-JAPAN 3 CD Bonus Track I71 USD $52.39 Buy It Now 1h 46m
(897I) I Am Finn, I Love You EP - DJ CD USD $3.73 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Kurt Redel/Munchen "Friedrich II & 3 Flotenkonzerte" 1980 LP, Nice NM!, Philips USD $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 50m
The Neverending Story II - Original Soundtrack JAPAN CD 1990 18trk WMC5-251 USD $16.74 Buy It Now 1h 51m
USED (GD) Miami Vice II: New Music From The Television Series Miami Vice (1986) USD $16.17 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Don Francisco 5 CD Lot Collection Vol. 1 2 3 I II III Let It Ride Grace On Grace USD $60.00 Buy It Now 1h 55m
VINYL LP LeRoi Brothers - Check This Action Jungle Records JR1006 Queix II vinyl USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Whitney Houston 5 CD Lot - Best Of, Bodyguard Soundtrack, Greastest Hits I USD $4.99 [0 bids]
VOL II - WORDS UNSPOKEN USD $8.77 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Best Of The Band, Vol. II, The 1999 by The Band . EXLIBRARY USD $4.42 Buy It Now 2h
ORIGINAL PRESS KIT Jazzie B,Soul II Soul BIO PHOTO,1992 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h
Rock Lp Olivia Newton-John Greatest Hits, Vol. Ii On Mca USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2h
Rock Lp The Guess Who Best Of Vol. Ii On Rca USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2h
BOB DYLAN Greatest Hits Volume II '71 vol. nm lp's stereo 2 lp vinyls rare set! USD $19.00 Buy It Now 2h
ELTON JOHN'S GREATEAST HITS VOLUME II CD USD $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 3m
P.S.D. Messy Marv & Keak Da Sneak - Da Bidness II [PA] (CD) RARE - LIKE NEW Disc USD $17.89 Buy It Now 2h 4m
SURVIVOR-EYE OF THE TIGER-ORIGINAL 1982 CBS 38062 NICE!! Rocky II theme song USD $3.59 [0 bids]
THE COMMON LINNETS - II CD NEW+ USD $15.92 Buy It Now 2h 6m
DEMO CD ~ THE KING BISCUIT FLOWER HOUR / DAVID BOWIE PART II ~ AIR DATE 5/1/1988 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Zoku Zenseki Shikei LIVE BLACK MASS CD Seikima II Japanese New USD $50.75 Buy It Now 2h 7m
TEMPLES Earrings II 12" NEW VINYL 100% Silk Polonaise Octo Octa Pharaohs USD $17.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
SCOTT MCKENZIE LIKE AN OLD TIME MOVIE/WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE CHAPTER II ODE 105 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Mike Bickerton 45 The Godfather Part II - 70's Italian Euro Groove - HEAR USD $24.95 [0 bids]
Yoshida Brothers 4 CD Lot - Yoshida Brothers I, II, III and Hishou USD $30.00 Buy It Now 2h 12m
RARE J.L. THOMPSON I'll Be Over You SIGNED RECORD 45 G 2048 GALLERY II USD $17.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
LINDA RONSTADT GREATEST HITS VOL.II 1980 JAPAN CD 18P2 USD $16.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
LP: THEE OH SEES - Putrifiers II EP SEALED NEW USD $17.95 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Ii: Crush The Insects - Reverend Bizarre (CD Used Very Good) USD $7.35 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Magnum Ii - Magnum (CD Used Very Good) USD $7.11 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Legacy: CD-The Greatest Hits Collection-Boyz II Men AND A FREE CHRISTMAS CD USD $4.00 [0 bids]
Live! - Eric D. Ii Wortham (2004, CD New) USD $9.56 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Colosseum II War Dance VIM-5630 Japan Lp Insert Obi NEAR MINT USD $23.00 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Switch - Switch II  (Gordy 988) (Bobby & Thomas DeBarge) (Jermaine Jackson) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
20th Century Masters: Millennium Collection: Best of Boyz II Men (CD, BMG) USD $3.98 Buy It Now 2h 22m
MAXWELL CLASSICAL II SAMPLER & LIMITED EDITION 1978 STEREO LP 33RPM USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Various Artists Shout To The Lord Platinum II CD USD $5.90 Buy It Now 2h 24m
CD NEW! Queen Hygiene II/Rough Day at the Orifice by Arab on Radar CD Nov-2003 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
MAXELL ROCK II SAMPLER Record LP Stereo DPL 1-0466 SEALED & MINT USD $2.99 [0 bids]
KGB Homegrown II San Diego 1974 Charity Album Local Musicians Record NM USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Lawrence Welk Rememb'ring The Sweet & Swing Band Era Volume II Ranwood R8192 USD $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Cusco - Apurimac II Return To Ancient America (1994 Higher Octave) Used Cassette USD $5.50 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Survivors Ii - Tony Booth (2012, CD New) USD $16.78 Buy It Now 2h 30m
Queen II [Bonus Tracks] by Queen (CD, Oct-1991, Hollywood) USD $5.00 [0 bids]
AMON DUUL II - The UA Years: 1969-1974 - CD ** Like New - Mint ** USD $35.75 Buy It Now 2h 33m
VAN MORRIS It's Too Late To Stop Now Volumes II, III, IV JAPAN DIGIPAK CD + DVD USD $78.00 Buy It Now 2h 34m
KING JOHN From Down Home - Don't Trust A Snake / Part II (Funk Soul 45) Kris USD $30.00 Buy It Now 2h 35m
SCREWING AROUND II *Jay-Z,Three 6 Mafia Juicy J,UGK,Big Tymers,Trick Daddy USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Led Zeppelin - II [Remaster] (CD, 1994, Atlantic Records, USA) USD $10.99 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Billy Wade And The 3RD Degrees 45 record Tear It Up Part 1 and Part II USD $0.99 [1 bids]
MAGGIE TEYTE: Volume II (Great Recordings of the Century)-NM1965LP w/BOOKLET USD $10.50 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Pins of Light II White Vinyl Lp USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
EUC The Christmas Songs Volume II USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
MAMA QUILLA II - KKK/ANGRY YOUNG WOMAN - 12" SINGLE USD $22.00 Buy It Now 2h 49m
NEIL DIAMOND: The Christmas Album-Volume II: Hallelujah:& AN EXTRA FREE X-MAS CD USD $4.00 [0 bids]
Christmas at St. Olaf College -Born A Child & Yet A King SEALED double LP vol II USD $21.00 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Tony Bennett - Duets II plus DVD USD $26.99 Buy It Now 2h 57m
BEST OF NEW YEAR'S CONCERT WIENER PHILHARMONIKER VOL. II (2CD's) USD $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 58m
JAMES BROWN "SUPER BAD" I,II,III ORIGINAL SINGLE USD $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 3m
USED (VG) Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde (2006) (Audio CD) USD $10.77 Buy It Now 3h 4m
VINTAGE R&B CASSETTE TAPE LOT x 6 BOYZ II MEN, BELL BIV DeVOE, WHITNEY HOUSTON USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Ein Straussfest II Cincinnati Pops Orchestra Erich Kunzel 24K Gold CD Telarc New USD $22.00 Buy It Now 3h 7m
?? Labour of Love II by UB40 1989 Music CD Here I Am The Way U Do Things U MINT USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Mosaico Ii-Duos Para Viola E Violino - Mariana Salles (CD Used Very Good) USD $19.29 Buy It Now 3h 10m
Mastercraft Collection Lockheed MC-130H Combat Talon II Model Scale:1/100 USD $160.52 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Doyle Ii Bramhall - Rich Man [Vinyl New] USD $21.73 Buy It Now 3h 14m
TIM & DEBBIE LP BRAINSPACE VOL II 1983 MADE IN AUSTRALIA USD $4.63 Buy It Now 3h 16m
GROUND HOG Bumpin/Bumpin Part II 7" 1974 Gemigo GMA 100 EX+ USD $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Jon Stemkoski~Give Him Praise II~Celebrant Singers~SEALED/NEW~FAST SHIPPING USD $13.56 Buy It Now 3h 16m
NEW Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde: Singles Collection (Vinyl) USD $96.42 Buy It Now 3h 17m
THE PHARCYDE - Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde - CD ** Brand New ** USD $33.95 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Unknown Artist New Age Loon II CD USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 19m
Neon Future II [Digipak] by Steve Aoki CD USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3h 19m
NEW Under Construction Part II (Audio CD) USD $14.62 Buy It Now 3h 19m
BEATLES PAUL MCCARTNEY WINGS 6 LP LOT+insert poster OVER AMERICA/II/VENUS USD $75.07 Buy It Now 3h 21m
THE PHARCYDE - Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde - CD ** Like New - Mint ** USD $9.75 Buy It Now 3h 23m
NEW A Mi M'xico Vol. II (Audio CD) USD $14.62 Buy It Now 3h 23m
SHEER MAG - I/II CD NEW+ USD $24.69 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Classical Book/CD *Choral Harmony* Vivaldi Wagner Orff Mozart Strauss II +10 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Chicago - Greatest Hits Vol. II (2) Factory Sealed LP Record Shrink Wrap Split USD $15.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy ANDROMEDA music online Buy ANDROMEDA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ANDROMEDA II = I ratings distribution

ANDROMEDA II = I reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars This is the second album of Sweden band formed in 1999. They released their debut "Extension of The Wish" in 2001. There is a change in line-up since the debut album with new lead singer David Fremberg and the exit of previous bass player Gert Daun. The bass line is now taken care by the guitar player Johan Reinholdz. Basically it has transformed from five-piece to four-piece band. The rest of the band members are intact: Thomas Lejon looks after drum stools and Martin Herdin (keyboards).

The band has a potential future as great band in progressive metal arena. This album represents their existence in this arena demonstrating their ability to compose and deliver their music with power and energy. Using Mike Portnoy's view of sort of progressive metal elements (*), this album is heavy (70%), progressive (10%) and melodic (20%). Despite its power and energy, the album is (sometimes) lacking in structure and harmony, I would say. It's probably a mixing / production issue.

Having been opened with soft keyboard and guitar, "Encyclopedia" blasts off with heavy riffs and speed bass line followed by vocal. The music flows in full energy with soft guitar riffs at background. At tempo change, during transition, guitar takes its solo part augmented with symphonic keyboard at background. To my personal taste, the harmony between guitar riffs and drum is a bit lacking. It sounds rough to my ears. At approx min 4:50 - the part where the voice is backed with solo drum and keyboard punch - it does not sound natural to me. This track has a very good guitar solo (in the vein of classic rock music) at the ending part. Unfortunately . this guitar solo has to end not in natural way - it fades out and replaced by tape loop of percussion sound. Uughh . what a regret!

"Mirages" starts off with heavy guitar riffs / solo followed by drumming. The voice line enters the scene with the riffs at the back. There is nice keyboard work combined with guitar solo accompanying the vocal. The guitar solo during interlude is stunning.

"Reaching Deep Within" kicks off with a guitar and keyboard works followed by drum and bass. Again, it sounds to me that this part is lacking harmony and melody. It sounds rough. The riffs produced during the voice line are simple but a bit boring to me. To me, this is a straight forward metal tune. "Two Is One" is the longest track (10:09) . It starts with a nice guitar fills followed by slow tempo music to feature voice line. No guitar riffs at this part. The tempo moves faster at approx min 4:00 with higher tone voice line. The guitar riffs start to roll in the middle of the track augmented with good keyboard sound. The combination of guitar and keyboard solo during interlude / transitions is really good.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is an upbeat instrumental piece demonstrating keyboard and guitar sounds. It's a very good composition. I like the harmony of two sounds (keyboard and guitar) in the middle of the track (approx min 4:00) onward. It actually can be better if the mixing is improved as it sounds bit rough to me.

"Castaway" is a mellow track performed in ballad style. The vocal harmony is excellent, the piano fills are stunning. No riffs; guitar is played with fills. No drumming. Solo piano is wonderful. I can hear that the lead singer voice in low register is very good. It's a melodic and relaxing track.

"Parasite" blows off with heavy music and it flows in typical prog met music. The music turns quieter in the middle of the track with great keyboard and voice line. This part is really nice. I can hear sort of jazz/fusion influence in this track.

"One In My Head" starts off with a melodic piano / keyboard touch followed by upbeat music with excellent guitar and keyboard. This track has relatively long instrumental as the vocal takes off around the middle of the track. Despite good performance, this track is lacking in structure (music wise) and mixing (production wise).

"This Fragile Surface" is probably the most symphonic one compared to the other tracks. Yes, there are guitar riffs still but it only accentuates the bars during the voice line. The guitar solo and keyboard work are really wonderful and melodic. This is an excellent track well positioned to conclude the album.

Overall this album is good but not essential. However, I would still recommend this album for those of you who like progressive metal music like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Ice Age, Pain of Salvation, Evergrey, etc. Rating: 3.25/5. GW, Indonesia.

Reference: (*) Interview with Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater as it can be seen from DREAM THEATER "Live at Budokan" DVD - disc 2. It's a simple and practical definition of progressive metal genre, I think.

Review by AtLossForWords
4 stars Relatively new Prog Metal band from Sweden brings nostalgia of Dream Theater.

Andromeda is a Progressive Metal band from Sweden. I have almost nothing but comments from this great and relatively new band. II=I is there second studio release. When one listens to it, the elements of a dark emotional sound with an excellent mix hard and soft matierial will become apparent.

The album is written similar to Dream Theater. Throughout all of the album there are jazzy overtones complimenting the funk-styled rythym playing. Thomas LeJon is a Progressive Metal drummer with talents that can compare even to Mike Portnoy and Virgil Donati. Johan Reinholdz is one of the very best young progressive metal guitarists. On certain occaisions his playing can excel ahead of players like John Petrucci. The future is very bright for this young guitarist (who doubles on bass). His styled is extremely smooth and jazzy, truly a pleasure to listen to. Martin Hedin is also an apt keyboardist. Hedin has excellent skill, but lacks synth sound creativity. The only complaint I really have are the vocals from David Fremberg. He fits the band somewhat nicely, but he has trouble in some of the more delicate tracks. If his voice matures enough to sing smoother in softer parts, he also has a bright future.

The album is quite a piece of work. The opening track Encyclopedia imeadiately gets the listener thinking about the lyrics. The title track Two Is One is a Progressive art. The song has a special touch to it to keep building with emotion while staying calm musically. The track finally starts to climax at the end which was a perfect lead to the next track, the insturmental Morphing Into Nothing. The insturmental shows off the amazing insturmental talents this band has. It's even comparable to Dance of Eternity by Dream Theater, but it's longer and showcases more guitars than keyboards.

The production isn't lively, but it really fits the album. The tones are dark and subtle. Even the drums have a certain bleakness to their tone. The bass isn't noticeable, but Johan Reinholdz makes his living in this band as a guitarist, not a bassist. The keyboards are my only complaint as they are somewhat uncreative with the tone selection.

The music is definately five star quality, but the band is young and I'm sure to see better work from them in the future. A 4 star rating is adequate.

3 stars After the success of their debut "Extension Of The Wish" they follow it up with an allbum that seems to be more focused on the vocallist (and songs) and less on the instrumental work (that is their strength). Well, for whatever reason this one does not hold up well to their first one.

"Encyclopedia" features lots of tempo shifts good guitar and heavy drums. I enjoy the lighter passages a lot, especially the guitar melodies.There seems to be a dark undercurrent throughout this song. "Mirages" opens with slow, heavy riffs with some good guitar solos and keyboard flurries. "Reaching Deep Within" is a song that employs the background synths I like so much. Lots of riffs too. "Two Is One" is the longest song here and the first half is mellow with piano and soft vocals while the second half is more uptempo and heavy.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is a full speed ahead instrumental. These guys can play ! "Castaway" has some reserved vocals and beautiful piano melodies. "Parasite" is all over the place with lots of mood and tempo shifts. The aggressive vocals that come and go don't do much for me at all. "One In My Head" opens with piano and has some complex arrangments. This is an interesting,well done song. We don't get vocals until almost 4 minutes in. "This Fragile Surface" has keyboard melodies all through it and lots of tempo changes as well.

Good album but I don't think i'd recommend it when there is so much good Prog-Metal out there that is much better than this one.

Review by CCVP
4 stars Thank God the title of the album is a lie!

After a relatively successful debut, Andromeda 2 years later release a brand new studio album entitled II=I. However, they changed their vocalist and that is a major change for the better, since David Fremberg vocals are better than Lawrence Mackrory to Andromeda's music. I mean, David Fremberg's vocals fit much better in Andromeda's music than Lawrence Mackrory's vocals, what is ultimately proven when they re-release their debut with Fremberg singing. Another interesting change is that their original bass players is also gone and, because of that, their guitarist Johan Reinholdz played the bass at the recording sessions. The result was very good, but Johan Reinholdz would still be the band's guitarist, after they found the new bass player, which is Fabian Gustavsson now.

Anyway, in Two is One Andromeda present themselves in a much darker mood than the one seen in Extension of the Wish. The songs are still played on the frantic speed they were on the debut, but now they (at least most of them) sound heavier and are in minor scales, what is responsible for the darker or sadder mood here. However, they still have some nice soft songs here, like Two is One and Castaway.

About the songs, musicianship and other features, there are some things i would like to state:

Andromeda's main characteristic is most certainly their incredible instrumental work, specially the guitars and the keyboards / pianos, and this albums shows it perfectly. From the incredible opening of Encyclopedia till This Fragile Surface both the guitars and the keyboards are blasting and the drums make it very round, smooth and complete. However, the musicianship of all players is incredible, in a positive way.

The highlights are: Encyclopedia (one of their best songs ever), Mirages, Two Is One, Morphing Into Nothing, One in my Head and This Fragile Surface.

Grade and Final Thoughts

With a new vocalist, Andromeda definitely reached the next level here, making music that is worthy to be considered and respected in the progressive metal scene. This album is all good, having no bad songs in my opinion, with some considerable highlights. Because of that this album deserves 4 stars.

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Andromeda second release from 2003 was a pleasent surprise for me from the biggining 3 years ago. This swedish prog metal band did a great job here mixing Dream Theater elements with groovy and intrsting arrangemets. I like this kind of prog metal up tempo, fast , slow depends how the mood changes, everything on this second release named II=I is a winner to my ears. Ok the influences are obvious taken from DT but they have also some personality in their work here aswell. LIke very much what the keyboard player Marin Hedin done here, really, something great in full of excellent chops, not to mention the drumer who is very sure of his instrument and created a real solit shythm section with the bass player, great. The voice is a new one on this album face the previous one the debute. I don't know the first album, but the voice of David Fremberg is good and fits very well here. This album has everything to become a great release in the future, complexity, progressive metal that pleases every fan, me included. Every single piece is great, showing that Andromeda is a force in this subgenre, not only followers , but real progressive metal band with talented musicians. 3.5 rounded to 4 .Still the instrumental one Morphing Into Nothing and Encyclopedia are real killers.Looking forward for another album to listen .

4 stars If well, their first album was a good debut, although not too original. On this two is one there's much more variety, audacity and many refreshing music passages mixed in the exact moment with the right elements. This not means a musical evolution, but it's an important step on the path for gett ... (read more)

Report this review (#165080) | Posted by Epsilon | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Powerful power metal band, Andromeda was always a band sitting in my library collecting dust. Till one day I decided to give them a listen. And I'd have to say that I was impressed with what I heard for the raw metal and harsh vocals. II=I is a great album with some really good songs. Such as ... (read more)

Report this review (#142475) | Posted by Xeroth | Sunday, October 7, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars After a blazing first album, this one is really a huge step down. Extension was a very up-tempo and technical. It was a fresh sound for progressive metal. In this album, however, the band regresses into cliched themes and sounds. Even the vocalist, who was so expressive and wonderful in extensi ... (read more)

Report this review (#88932) | Posted by SolariS | Monday, September 4, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Excellent disc of the Swedish band ANDROMEDA, al to perish is another very good band that it comes from Scandinavian, that zone where this concentrating very good bands, is the new cluster of bands that are bringing forth talents worthy to turn around to see handle leaves from the earth, where ... (read more)

Report this review (#88639) | Posted by Shelket | Friday, September 1, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I select around 40 cd's to go on holiday in my black box, and like my review of ASCENSION THEORY, this goes with it. Several earlier views sum up the album, brilliant.Mixtures of fast hard rock/metals and more mellow sounds are the ingridents for a great album,unlike the 3rd album Chimera whic ... (read more)

Report this review (#82076) | Posted by | Tuesday, June 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The 2nd studio release by Sweden's Andromeda. Although there are elements of other prog-metal bands they have created their own distinctively style full of synthesizer and effects. All the musicians are on a quite high niveau if you consider they're all about 20! The music changes from heavy pas ... (read more)

Report this review (#53770) | Posted by W.Chuck | Saturday, October 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars this album commands nothing less than five stars. Not one bad song in the bunch. it is beautiful from start to finish. every song has a beautiful into. there is a nice balance of metal and mellow stuff. the keyboards are fantastic. the guitars are perfect, even reminds me of John Petrucci, who ... (read more)

Report this review (#18854) | Posted by daleplate | Thursday, April 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Dissapointing. I purchased this album after recieving several recommendations and thats the only way I can describe it. Andromeda serves up a prog metal, 9 track album that is riddled with cliches and suffers horribly from derivititus. Its hard to fault the band from a technical perspective, t ... (read more)

Report this review (#18853) | Posted by | Wednesday, February 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The first album - Extension of the Wish - is the best metal album I have ever heard... this one didn't quite live up to expectations but is a great album nontheless. First album had very little vocals and relied more on the amazing skills of Johan Reinholdz. This album the focus has been taken of ... (read more)

Report this review (#18846) | Posted by | Wednesday, December 17, 2003 | Review Permanlink

4 stars An awesome Band! Andromeda is great: heavy, progressive, technical... I havenīt heard the first album, but II=I is very, very good. Great Vocals, superb guitars, ingenious keyboards and powerful drums. Sure they best effort is yet to come. ... (read more)

Report this review (#18845) | Posted by | Friday, November 14, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANDROMEDA "II = I"