II = I

Buy ANDROMEDA Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Encyclopedia (7:35)
2. Mirages (5:42)
3. Reaching Deep Within (4:50)
4. Two Is One (10:09)
5. Morphing Into Nothing (7:34)
6. Castaway (6:16)
7. Parasite (6:54)
8. One In My Head (8:02)
9. This Fragile Surface (8:04)

Search ANDROMEDA II = I lyrics

Search ANDROMEDA II = I tabs

- David Fremberg / vocals
- Johan Reinholdz / guitars and bass
- Thomas Lejon / drums
- Marin Hedin / keyboards

New Hawen Records CD 45004-2

ANDROMEDA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANDROMEDA II = I Music

II=III=I
Century Media 2003
Ii = IIi = I
Inner Wound Recordings 2014
II = I by Andromeda [Music CD]II = I by Andromeda [Music CD]
Inner Wound/MBM
TOMAN - Postrockhits Volume II - limited coloured vinyl LP USD $25.18 Buy It Now 30m 9s
Storm - Storm Ii S.E [CD New] USD $20.85 Buy It Now 31m 11s
Oriz - Ii [CD New] USD $23.38 Buy It Now 31m 12s
Gnod/White Hills - Gnod Drop Outwith White Hills Ii [CD New] USD $15.90 Buy It Now 31m 27s
Chicago Chicago II 1970 Gatefold Double LP Record Vinyl Vintage Columbia CS 9977 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 33m 49s
LED ZEPPELIN-II TWO CAT#SD8236 ORIGINAL PRESSING IN SHRINK NM-/NM-GEORGE PIROS USD $89.99 [0 bids]
USD $189.00 Buy It Now
33m 58s
BILLY WALKER Greatest Hits Vol. 2 II LP Colymbia 2-Eye Stereo VG+ Vinyl USD $4.88 Buy It Now 35m 1s
Kiss Alive II 1977 Sterling PRC 1-1 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER, ULTRASONIC CLEANED USD $36.90 Buy It Now 37m 28s
Johnny Cash Golden Hits Vol II SUN WL Promo 1st Press, RARE! STEAM CLEANED USD $13.95 Buy It Now 37m 28s
? Reverend Roy Easley, Jr. - The New Man (Parts I & II) (ABC Songbird 232) (PS) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 37m 59s
1962 Joey Dee Shout Part I & II (2) Roulette R-4416 7" 45 rpm VG+ Vinyl USD $4.88 Buy It Now 37m 59s
Caldara: II Gioco Del Quadriglio - Edwin Loehrer; Rizzeri; Retchitzka; Ferraci.. USD $32.99 Buy It Now 37m 59s
LP Alice Cooper - Amon Duul II - Yes - etc PR-229 PROMO ATLANTIC/ATCO EB163 USD $39.99 Buy It Now 40m 18s
Glory Revealed II: The Word of God in Worship CD USD $14.29 Buy It Now 42m 31s
Bellydance Superstars Ii - Bellydance Superstars New & Sealed Compact Disc Free USD $18.40 Buy It Now 42m 54s
Sing Along in Italian Chorus with Valtaro Musette - Vol. II Col - LP - 231 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 43m 44s
Dionne Warwick's Golden Hits Part 2 II Scepter LP SPS-577 NM- Vinyl USD $3.90 Buy It Now 43m 51s
IMMEDIATE ETERNITY II by COPERNICUS (CD,2014, Nevermore/MoonInJune label) USD $12.25 Buy It Now 44m 20s
JUST PASSING THROUGH by BREITHAUPT BROS./Songbook Vol.II (CD, 2014, Alma label) USD $7.00 Buy It Now 44m 20s
GORDON LIGHTFOOT 18-Track Gord's Gold II CD Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald USD $2.49 [1 bids]
44m 36s
THE GAP BAND- NM Vinyl PROMO LP(1979)-The Gap Band II USD $10.00 Buy It Now 45m 4s
Billy Walker's Greatest Hits Volume II Columbia Limited LE-10116 VG+ Vinyl USD $3.90 Buy It Now 46m 55s
Menace II Society - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - cassette USD $5.47 Buy It Now 47m 13s
Collection II by Misfits (U.S.) (CD, Oct-1995, Caroline Distribution) New/Sealed USD $10.99 Buy It Now 51m 8s
Fragments of Unbecoming - Skywards Chapter II A Sylphe's Ascension (2004) CD NEW USD $4.60 Buy It Now 51m 23s
2 Live Crew Sports Weekend As Nasty As They Wanna Be Part II USA Cassette Tape USD $5.09 Buy It Now 52m 32s
The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride Ii The Pharcyde NEW CD USD $7.61 Buy It Now 54m 47s
Vol. Ii 0828765305921, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $13.05 Buy It Now 55m 24s
Bat Out Of Hell Ii:back Into Hell 0602517806481, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P USD $17.83 Buy It Now 56m 13s
Bat Out of Hell II: Back into Hell by Meat Loaf (CD, Sep-1993, 2 Discs, MCA (USA USD $3.99 Buy It Now 57m 33s
U2 "Pride (In the Name of Love)" Island UK 45 EP -4th of July / Boomerang I USD $10.00 Buy It Now 57m 40s
Time Capsules Ii 0892038002442, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $20.79 Buy It Now 58m 4s
Desde La Cantina Vol Ii 0801472155522, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $19.19 Buy It Now 58m 35s
Chrome Dreams Ii [cd + Dvd] 0093624990642, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $24.85 Buy It Now 58m 47s
Live Cream Volume II 0731453181724, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $15.69 Buy It Now 59m 45s
Piano Trios Ii - Franck/Klaviertrio (2014, CD New) USD $16.25 Buy It Now 1h
Ii - Oriz (2011, CD New) USD $9.59 Buy It Now 1h
Audiophile Harmonia Mundi HMC 1172 Jacques Leguerney 'Melodies: II" NM+ Shrink USD $25.00 Buy It Now 1h
Boyz Ii Men - Collide [CD New] USD $11.41 Buy It Now 1h 2m
English Steel II Lucky Streak CD Iron Maiden Fastway Motorhead USD $12.74 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Bach,J.S. - Bach: Clavier-Uebung Part Ii [SACD New] USD $16.65 Buy It Now 1h 3m
ANTON HEILLER bach organ works vol II LP Mint- LC 3261 Epic Mono US Ellen Raskin USD $50.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Circle Ii Circle - Consequence Of Power [CD New] USD $12.67 Buy It Now 1h 3m
J.S./Otto Bach - Well-Tempered Clavier Book Ii [CD New] USD $22.16 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Amalia Rodrigues - Queen Of Fado Ii [CD New] USD $9.45 Buy It Now 1h 3m
DOUG E. FRESH & THE GET FRESH CREW SPIRIT 12" SINGLE GHOSTBUSTERS II 1989 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Killer Lixo Vol. II Compilation CD Hardcore Punk Crossover from Spain USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
SCHIZOPHASIA II 7" EP insane noise-punk Germ Attak disclose framtid confuse NEW USD $6.98 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Stone Axe - Stone Axe Ii [CD New] USD $17.14 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Brass Construction - "Brass Construction II" FUNK LP United Artisits USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones Original Motion Picture Soundtrack USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
SEALED LP Americana Volume II Leonard Bernstein Candide Utah Symphony Orchestra USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Boyz II Men / Cooley High Harmony USD $22.98 Buy It Now 1h 15m
THE 2 LIVE CREW - AS CLEAN AS THEY WANNA BE: SPORTS WEEKEND PART II CD (CLEAN) USD $5.40 Buy It Now 1h 16m
LORETTA LYNNS GREATEST HITS VOL II W/BONUS BOOK LP RECORD N-MINT MCA-2353 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
DYNAMIX II FEEL THE GROOVE RARE GREEN COLORED LIMITED PRESSING VINYL DVL 1997-1 USD $45.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
DUANE ALLMAN / Anthology Vol. II 2 LP Capricorn Records 1974 ALLMAN BROTHERS USD $22.95 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Hank Williams - On Stage Volume II Lp SE-4109 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
MOXY "Moxy II" Original PROMO LP from 1976 (MERCURY SRM-1-1115). USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Peter Paul Mary Oh Rock My Soul pt I & II 45 RPM promo USD $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 24m
GNOD & WHITE HILLS - GNOD DROP OUT WITH WHITE HILLS II NEW CD USD $20.64 Buy It Now 1h 24m
GREGG ALLMAN Low Country Blues ADVNCE PROMO DJ CD Brothers Doyle Bramhall II USD $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
SOUL II SOUL Represent 3 MIXES & EDIT CD single 5 TRX USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
DANZIG II LUCIFUGE Orig Def American U.S. Stamped PROMO CD 1990 Samhain Misfits USD $74.99 [0 bids]
Poster Size Advert 12 Amon Doul ii Album/Tour USD $15.49 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Figueras,Montserrat - Harmonie Universelle Ii [CD New] USD $11.31 Buy It Now 1h 30m
C. Gesualdo - Sacrae Cantiones-Book Ii [CD New] USD $19.17 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Led Zeppelin II LP Record Vinyl Atlantic SD19127 1977 Robert Plant Jimmy Page USD $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 31m
1982 BLUE RIBBON COUNTRY Volume II LP Various Artists SJA-7911 NEW STILL SEALED USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Jack De Mello Emma Veary Volume II Hawaiian LP MOP-18000 VG to VG+ Vinyl USD $2.25 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Richard Rogers Victory At Sea Vol II LP RCA Red Seal LSC-2226 NM- Vinyl USD $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Budos Band - Budos Band Ii [CD New] USD $13.81 Buy It Now 1h 32m
BACHMAN TURNER OVERDRIVE II 1974 VINYL LP IN NEAR MINT CONDITION USD $23.24 Buy It Now 1h 34m
ORIZ - II NEW CD USD $24.49 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Soul II Soul : Soul II Soul Vol.3 - Just Right CD (1992) USD $3.96 Buy It Now 1h 35m
AEROSMITH Classics Live II CASSETTE Tape 1987 CANADA Press USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 38m
AEROSMITH Classics Live II CASSETTE Tape 1987 US Press USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Art Blakey 3 Blind Mice Part I/Part II 45 RPM United Artists Records VG+ USD $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 40m
1974 & 1977 Elton John "Greatest Hits" Volume I & II Cassette Tapes MCA Records USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Various Artists : Back To The Old School 2: Sugarhill Club Classics II (2CDs) USD $8.19 Buy It Now 1h 40m
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY / WORLD WIDE ii / HEAVY METAL PATCH ,,, BLS B L S MC M C USD $4.64 Buy It Now 1h 43m
rare FANIA EDDIE PALMIERI la Perfecta II EL MOLESTOSO Ismael Quintana GUAGUANCO USD $30.59 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Music CD/Tulips Together/Vol. II/2001/MCA Records USD $3.50 Buy It Now 1h 47m
FRANK DE WULF - B-Sides Vol II - TECHNO, HOUSE 12" USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
COLOSSEUM II GARY MOORE THIN LIZZY MINI LP 5 SHM CD JAPAN BOX New USD $229.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
BOYZ II MEN "SYMPIN REMIX RADIO EDIT)" / 'ITS SO HARD TO SAY GOODBYE" 7" 45 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Johnny Cash & the Tennessee Two - Original Golden Hits Vol. II (Sun 101) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
II CLOSE-MORE TO A MAN CD-1993 Tabu Records 19 songs USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 50m
PHENOMENA - II Dream Runner CD JAPAN '93 ALCB-806 +1 USD $125.00 Buy It Now 1h 51m
COLOSSEUM II - Electric Savage CD JAPAN 18P2-2756 Don Airey Gary Moore USD $79.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Back II da Basics by Ginuwine (CD, Nov-2005, Epic (USA)) New #CZ98 USD $5.58 Buy It Now 1h 53m
(3) DEATH METAL COLLECTION CD'S (DEATH IS JUST THE BEGINNING: II, III, IV) USD $1.99 [0 bids]
USD $4.99 Buy It Now
WILHELM KEMPFF chopin piano music of vol ii LP Mint- STS.15039 UK ffrr Stereo USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Private Prayers Of Pope John Paul II Words Of Inspiration Cd 2 Disc Set Used USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
BARBRA STREISAND The Concert Act II CASSETTE Tape 1994 US Press TAPE #2 ONLY USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 57m
CD/Japan- MAX BENNETT Vol.II + Plays 2in1 w/OBI MINI-LP RARE OOP TOCJ-9613 24bit USD $24.95 Buy It Now 1h 57m
ROBERTO VALENTINO Recuerda Usted Vol II GAMMA DUCRETET THOMSON LP easy listening USD $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Tibet Tibet: Buddhist Chant II CD USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Sweet Soul 45 LOST GENERATION Your Mission INNOVATION II VG++ HEAR USD $8.00 [1 bids]
MUSIC OF THOMAS BEVERSDORF II Oris MINT! Stereo SHRINK USD $5.20 Buy It Now 1h 59m
CD andromeda
ANDROMEDA
~ USD $13.85
LP andromeda (+7' single & inserts)
ANDROMEDA
~ USD $27.13

More places to buy ANDROMEDA music online Buy ANDROMEDA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANDROMEDA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANDROMEDA II = I ratings distribution

ANDROMEDA II = I reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars This is the second album of Sweden band formed in 1999. They released their debut "Extension of The Wish" in 2001. There is a change in line-up since the debut album with new lead singer David Fremberg and the exit of previous bass player Gert Daun. The bass line is now taken care by the guitar player Johan Reinholdz. Basically it has transformed from five-piece to four-piece band. The rest of the band members are intact: Thomas Lejon looks after drum stools and Martin Herdin (keyboards).

The band has a potential future as great band in progressive metal arena. This album represents their existence in this arena demonstrating their ability to compose and deliver their music with power and energy. Using Mike Portnoy's view of sort of progressive metal elements (*), this album is heavy (70%), progressive (10%) and melodic (20%). Despite its power and energy, the album is (sometimes) lacking in structure and harmony, I would say. It's probably a mixing / production issue.

Having been opened with soft keyboard and guitar, "Encyclopedia" blasts off with heavy riffs and speed bass line followed by vocal. The music flows in full energy with soft guitar riffs at background. At tempo change, during transition, guitar takes its solo part augmented with symphonic keyboard at background. To my personal taste, the harmony between guitar riffs and drum is a bit lacking. It sounds rough to my ears. At approx min 4:50 - the part where the voice is backed with solo drum and keyboard punch - it does not sound natural to me. This track has a very good guitar solo (in the vein of classic rock music) at the ending part. Unfortunately . this guitar solo has to end not in natural way - it fades out and replaced by tape loop of percussion sound. Uughh . what a regret!

"Mirages" starts off with heavy guitar riffs / solo followed by drumming. The voice line enters the scene with the riffs at the back. There is nice keyboard work combined with guitar solo accompanying the vocal. The guitar solo during interlude is stunning.

"Reaching Deep Within" kicks off with a guitar and keyboard works followed by drum and bass. Again, it sounds to me that this part is lacking harmony and melody. It sounds rough. The riffs produced during the voice line are simple but a bit boring to me. To me, this is a straight forward metal tune. "Two Is One" is the longest track (10:09) . It starts with a nice guitar fills followed by slow tempo music to feature voice line. No guitar riffs at this part. The tempo moves faster at approx min 4:00 with higher tone voice line. The guitar riffs start to roll in the middle of the track augmented with good keyboard sound. The combination of guitar and keyboard solo during interlude / transitions is really good.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is an upbeat instrumental piece demonstrating keyboard and guitar sounds. It's a very good composition. I like the harmony of two sounds (keyboard and guitar) in the middle of the track (approx min 4:00) onward. It actually can be better if the mixing is improved as it sounds bit rough to me.

"Castaway" is a mellow track performed in ballad style. The vocal harmony is excellent, the piano fills are stunning. No riffs; guitar is played with fills. No drumming. Solo piano is wonderful. I can hear that the lead singer voice in low register is very good. It's a melodic and relaxing track.

"Parasite" blows off with heavy music and it flows in typical prog met music. The music turns quieter in the middle of the track with great keyboard and voice line. This part is really nice. I can hear sort of jazz/fusion influence in this track.

"One In My Head" starts off with a melodic piano / keyboard touch followed by upbeat music with excellent guitar and keyboard. This track has relatively long instrumental as the vocal takes off around the middle of the track. Despite good performance, this track is lacking in structure (music wise) and mixing (production wise).

"This Fragile Surface" is probably the most symphonic one compared to the other tracks. Yes, there are guitar riffs still but it only accentuates the bars during the voice line. The guitar solo and keyboard work are really wonderful and melodic. This is an excellent track well positioned to conclude the album.

Overall this album is good but not essential. However, I would still recommend this album for those of you who like progressive metal music like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Ice Age, Pain of Salvation, Evergrey, etc. Rating: 3.25/5. GW, Indonesia.

Reference: (*) Interview with Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater as it can be seen from DREAM THEATER "Live at Budokan" DVD - disc 2. It's a simple and practical definition of progressive metal genre, I think.

Review by AtLossForWords
4 stars Relatively new Prog Metal band from Sweden brings nostalgia of Dream Theater.

Andromeda is a Progressive Metal band from Sweden. I have almost nothing but comments from this great and relatively new band. II=I is there second studio release. When one listens to it, the elements of a dark emotional sound with an excellent mix hard and soft matierial will become apparent.

The album is written similar to Dream Theater. Throughout all of the album there are jazzy overtones complimenting the funk-styled rythym playing. Thomas LeJon is a Progressive Metal drummer with talents that can compare even to Mike Portnoy and Virgil Donati. Johan Reinholdz is one of the very best young progressive metal guitarists. On certain occaisions his playing can excel ahead of players like John Petrucci. The future is very bright for this young guitarist (who doubles on bass). His styled is extremely smooth and jazzy, truly a pleasure to listen to. Martin Hedin is also an apt keyboardist. Hedin has excellent skill, but lacks synth sound creativity. The only complaint I really have are the vocals from David Fremberg. He fits the band somewhat nicely, but he has trouble in some of the more delicate tracks. If his voice matures enough to sing smoother in softer parts, he also has a bright future.

The album is quite a piece of work. The opening track Encyclopedia imeadiately gets the listener thinking about the lyrics. The title track Two Is One is a Progressive art. The song has a special touch to it to keep building with emotion while staying calm musically. The track finally starts to climax at the end which was a perfect lead to the next track, the insturmental Morphing Into Nothing. The insturmental shows off the amazing insturmental talents this band has. It's even comparable to Dance of Eternity by Dream Theater, but it's longer and showcases more guitars than keyboards.

The production isn't lively, but it really fits the album. The tones are dark and subtle. Even the drums have a certain bleakness to their tone. The bass isn't noticeable, but Johan Reinholdz makes his living in this band as a guitarist, not a bassist. The keyboards are my only complaint as they are somewhat uncreative with the tone selection.

The music is definately five star quality, but the band is young and I'm sure to see better work from them in the future. A 4 star rating is adequate.

3 stars After the success of their debut "Extension Of The Wish" they follow it up with an allbum that seems to be more focused on the vocallist (and songs) and less on the instrumental work (that is their strength). Well, for whatever reason this one does not hold up well to their first one.

"Encyclopedia" features lots of tempo shifts good guitar and heavy drums. I enjoy the lighter passages a lot, especially the guitar melodies.There seems to be a dark undercurrent throughout this song. "Mirages" opens with slow, heavy riffs with some good guitar solos and keyboard flurries. "Reaching Deep Within" is a song that employs the background synths I like so much. Lots of riffs too. "Two Is One" is the longest song here and the first half is mellow with piano and soft vocals while the second half is more uptempo and heavy.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is a full speed ahead instrumental. These guys can play ! "Castaway" has some reserved vocals and beautiful piano melodies. "Parasite" is all over the place with lots of mood and tempo shifts. The aggressive vocals that come and go don't do much for me at all. "One In My Head" opens with piano and has some complex arrangments. This is an interesting,well done song. We don't get vocals until almost 4 minutes in. "This Fragile Surface" has keyboard melodies all through it and lots of tempo changes as well.

Good album but I don't think i'd recommend it when there is so much good Prog-Metal out there that is much better than this one.

Review by CCVP
4 stars Thank God the title of the album is a lie!

After a relatively successful debut, Andromeda 2 years later release a brand new studio album entitled II=I. However, they changed their vocalist and that is a major change for the better, since David Fremberg vocals are better than Lawrence Mackrory to Andromeda's music. I mean, David Fremberg's vocals fit much better in Andromeda's music than Lawrence Mackrory's vocals, what is ultimately proven when they re-release their debut with Fremberg singing. Another interesting change is that their original bass players is also gone and, because of that, their guitarist Johan Reinholdz played the bass at the recording sessions. The result was very good, but Johan Reinholdz would still be the band's guitarist, after they found the new bass player, which is Fabian Gustavsson now.

Anyway, in Two is One Andromeda present themselves in a much darker mood than the one seen in Extension of the Wish. The songs are still played on the frantic speed they were on the debut, but now they (at least most of them) sound heavier and are in minor scales, what is responsible for the darker or sadder mood here. However, they still have some nice soft songs here, like Two is One and Castaway.

About the songs, musicianship and other features, there are some things i would like to state:

Andromeda's main characteristic is most certainly their incredible instrumental work, specially the guitars and the keyboards / pianos, and this albums shows it perfectly. From the incredible opening of Encyclopedia till This Fragile Surface both the guitars and the keyboards are blasting and the drums make it very round, smooth and complete. However, the musicianship of all players is incredible, in a positive way.

The highlights are: Encyclopedia (one of their best songs ever), Mirages, Two Is One, Morphing Into Nothing, One in my Head and This Fragile Surface.

Grade and Final Thoughts

With a new vocalist, Andromeda definitely reached the next level here, making music that is worthy to be considered and respected in the progressive metal scene. This album is all good, having no bad songs in my opinion, with some considerable highlights. Because of that this album deserves 4 stars.

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Andromeda second release from 2003 was a pleasent surprise for me from the biggining 3 years ago. This swedish prog metal band did a great job here mixing Dream Theater elements with groovy and intrsting arrangemets. I like this kind of prog metal up tempo, fast , slow depends how the mood changes, everything on this second release named II=I is a winner to my ears. Ok the influences are obvious taken from DT but they have also some personality in their work here aswell. LIke very much what the keyboard player Marin Hedin done here, really, something great in full of excellent chops, not to mention the drumer who is very sure of his instrument and created a real solit shythm section with the bass player, great. The voice is a new one on this album face the previous one the debute. I don't know the first album, but the voice of David Fremberg is good and fits very well here. This album has everything to become a great release in the future, complexity, progressive metal that pleases every fan, me included. Every single piece is great, showing that Andromeda is a force in this subgenre, not only followers , but real progressive metal band with talented musicians. 3.5 rounded to 4 .Still the instrumental one Morphing Into Nothing and Encyclopedia are real killers.Looking forward for another album to listen .

4 stars 'Extension of the Wish', Andromeda's debut, happens to be one of my favourite albums of all time, so it's pretty obvious that these guys sure have a lot of hard work in store for them if they wish to top it. Sadly, I don't think 'II = I' quite lives up to the standards set by 'Extension...', but thi ... (read more)

Report this review (#220265) | Posted by Valarius | Monday, June 08, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If well, their first album was a good debut, although not too original. On this two is one there's much more variety, audacity and many refreshing music passages mixed in the exact moment with the right elements. This not means a musical evolution, but it's an important step on the path for gett ... (read more)

Report this review (#165080) | Posted by Epsilon | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Powerful power metal band, Andromeda was always a band sitting in my library collecting dust. Till one day I decided to give them a listen. And I'd have to say that I was impressed with what I heard for the raw metal and harsh vocals. II=I is a great album with some really good songs. Such as ... (read more)

Report this review (#142475) | Posted by Xeroth | Sunday, October 07, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars After a blazing first album, this one is really a huge step down. Extension was a very up-tempo and technical. It was a fresh sound for progressive metal. In this album, however, the band regresses into cliched themes and sounds. Even the vocalist, who was so expressive and wonderful in extensi ... (read more)

Report this review (#88932) | Posted by SolariS | Monday, September 04, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Excellent disc of the Swedish band ANDROMEDA, al to perish is another very good band that it comes from Scandinavian, that zone where this concentrating very good bands, is the new cluster of bands that are bringing forth talents worthy to turn around to see handle leaves from the earth, where ... (read more)

Report this review (#88639) | Posted by Shelket | Friday, September 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I select around 40 cd's to go on holiday in my black box, and like my review of ASCENSION THEORY, this goes with it. Several earlier views sum up the album, brilliant.Mixtures of fast hard rock/metals and more mellow sounds are the ingridents for a great album,unlike the 3rd album Chimera whic ... (read more)

Report this review (#82076) | Posted by | Tuesday, June 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The 2nd studio release by Sweden's Andromeda. Although there are elements of other prog-metal bands they have created their own distinctively style full of synthesizer and effects. All the musicians are on a quite high niveau if you consider they're all about 20! The music changes from heavy pas ... (read more)

Report this review (#53770) | Posted by W.Chuck | Saturday, October 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars this album commands nothing less than five stars. Not one bad song in the bunch. it is beautiful from start to finish. every song has a beautiful into. there is a nice balance of metal and mellow stuff. the keyboards are fantastic. the guitars are perfect, even reminds me of John Petrucci, who ... (read more)

Report this review (#18854) | Posted by daleplate | Thursday, April 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Dissapointing. I purchased this album after recieving several recommendations and thats the only way I can describe it. Andromeda serves up a prog metal, 9 track album that is riddled with cliches and suffers horribly from derivititus. Its hard to fault the band from a technical perspective, t ... (read more)

Report this review (#18853) | Posted by | Wednesday, February 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The first album - Extension of the Wish - is the best metal album I have ever heard... this one didn't quite live up to expectations but is a great album nontheless. First album had very little vocals and relied more on the amazing skills of Johan Reinholdz. This album the focus has been taken of ... (read more)

Report this review (#18846) | Posted by | Wednesday, December 17, 2003 | Review Permanlink

4 stars An awesome Band! Andromeda is great: heavy, progressive, technical... I havenīt heard the first album, but II=I is very, very good. Great Vocals, superb guitars, ingenious keyboards and powerful drums. Sure they best effort is yet to come. ... (read more)

Report this review (#18845) | Posted by | Friday, November 14, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANDROMEDA "II = I"