II = I

Buy ANDROMEDA Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Encyclopedia (7:35)
2. Mirages (5:42)
3. Reaching Deep Within (4:50)
4. Two Is One (10:09)
5. Morphing Into Nothing (7:34)
6. Castaway (6:16)
7. Parasite (6:54)
8. One In My Head (8:02)
9. This Fragile Surface (8:04)

Search ANDROMEDA II = I lyrics

Search ANDROMEDA II = I tabs

- David Fremberg / vocals
- Johan Reinholdz / guitars and bass
- Thomas Lejon / drums
- Marin Hedin / keyboards

New Hawen Records CD 45004-2

ANDROMEDA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANDROMEDA II = I Music

II=III=I
Century Media 2003
Ii = IIi = I
Inner Wound Recordings 2014
Ii=i by Andromeda (2003-03-24)Ii=i by Andromeda (2003-03-24)
Century Media
II = I by AndromedaII = I by Andromeda
Inner Wound/MBM

led zeppelin II SD 19127 in near mint condition USD $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Love Live School Idol Project Solo Live II from ?'s Hoshizora Rin CD Japan USD $47.63 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Louder Than the World: Burn II by USD $12.98 Buy It Now 2h 40m
B.B King(1st Issue 7" Vinyl)Don't Answer The Door Pt I & II-HMV-POP 156-Ex/VG+ USD $15.14 Buy It Now 2h 41m
LP THE BEST OF A GREAT YEAR VOL. II **NM VINYL** **DOUBLE ALBUM** 120 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
COLOSSEUM II Wardance CD MINI LP USD $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Soul II Soul-Classic Albums CD NEW USD $14.24 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Glory to His Name, Great Quartet Songs of the Last Century, Volume II - Signatur USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Learning Basic Skills Through Music Volume II Hap Palmer Vinyl Children's Record USD $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 48m
MEAT LOAF_Bat Out Of Hell II_USED cassette_ships from AUS!_N4 USD $9.06 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Johnny Cash & The Tennessee Two - Original Golden Hits Volume II Vinyl LP Sun USD $8.61 Buy It Now 2h 55m
The Mark II - Confusion & Night Theme - 1960 - Wye 1001 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 3h
Blowhole By II Defiants On Audio CD Album 2011 Brand New USD $15.08 Buy It Now 3h 2m
FIERCE ANGEL - A LITTLE FIERCE II - 2008 CD NEW [5037128071020] USD $3.00 Buy It Now 3h 5m
NEW London Symphony Orchestra I & Ii CD (CD) Free P&H USD $17.04 Buy It Now 3h 9m
RONNIE JAMES DIO II-EXOTIC TALK-WL PROMO ONLY 12"-BLACK SABBATH-2004 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Magnum - Magnum II - Expanded Edition - CD Album USD $3.47 [5 bids]
FM - Rockville II (NEW CD) USD $15.08 Buy It Now 3h 13m
HK CD As One As One Vol. II 10340-3 USD $19.00 Buy It Now 3h 15m
EASTSIDE II DANGEROUS SOUNDTRACK CD. NEW CD ALBUM. USD $6.15 Buy It Now 3h 16m
the Soviet/Russian Songs of the World War II Box 5 LPs Unique Set with Book USD $40.00 Buy It Now 3h 18m
CHICAGO CHICAGO II VERY GOOD PLUS ORIG 1970 DOUBLE LP NO #2 ON SPINE RARE! USD $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Ludwig II, 2 - 2000 Musical German Cast CD USD $37.70 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Wagner: Piano Works (Complete) Volume II - 1963 - Classical LP Mint USD $14.25 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Ultimate Broadway II: The Very Best of Broadway Now Various Artists Audio CD USD $3.89 Buy It Now 3h 26m
NEW Meditative Music for Prepared Electric Organ II (Audio CD) USD $22.61 Buy It Now 3h 26m
BONEY M BABY DO YOU WANNA BUMP PT1/PT II 7" VINYL SINGLE EX USD $2.46 Buy It Now 3h 27m
New Sealed UNopened GREATEST HITS VOLUME II Eddie Rabbitt CASSETTE TAPE USD $8.00 Buy It Now 3h 31m
THEME OF STAR TREK II THE WRATH OF KHAN 7" MADE IN BRAZIL 1982 UNIQUE ON EBAY USD $42.50 Buy It Now 3h 36m
Soul II Soul 1990 A New Decade vol.2 LP MADE IN BRAZIL USD $12.46 Buy It Now 3h 36m
Barry Manilow II 2 8 Track~8301 USD $5.95 Buy It Now 3h 37m
IMMORTAL SOUNDS OF THE BIG BANDS, VOLUME II 8- Track USD $7.95 Buy It Now 3h 37m
Barry Manilow II 2 8 Track Tape USD $5.95 Buy It Now 3h 37m
STEVIE WONDER " LOOKING BACK " VOL.II 8 TRACK TAPE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
BARBRA STEISAND GREATEST HITS VOLUME II 8 Track~FCA 35679 USD $4.95 Buy It Now 3h 39m
RAY PRICE Greatest Hits Vol. II 8 TRACK Tape USD $7.95 Buy It Now 3h 39m
TOM T. HALL The Greatest Hits Volume II 8-Track Tape USD $7.95 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Cd MOVE M.O.V.E. Hyper Techno Mix Revolution II ~NEW~ USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
~Barry Manilow II 2 ~8 Track Tape~ USD $5.95 Buy It Now 3h 40m
Boyz II Men - Evolution (1997) USD $2.21 Buy It Now 3h 41m
PRETENDERS II (2) LP RARE OOP NEAR MINT ORIG '81 WARNER BROS.TALK OF THE TOWN USD $22.99 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Led Zeppelin II RCA RARE Limited Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED, VG++ USD $33.60 Buy It Now 3h 49m
OTA MOTOHIRO LUV SLAZY II PLAY BUTTON Live Japan CD 2015 USD $54.03 Buy It Now 3h 52m
SOUL II SOUL - JUST RIGHT - DIGIPAK CD SINGLE USD $2.45 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Seiko Matsuda Seiko Matsuda - Windy Shadow [Japan LTD Blu-spec CD II] MHCL-30116 USD $27.33 Buy It Now 3h 54m
Bohannon - Make Your Body Move (1983 Compleat/Phase II Records) Used Vinyl LP USD $18.00 Buy It Now 3h 56m
Queen - Greatest Hits II (2) - UK Double 12" Vinyl LP - PMTV 21 USD $41.83 Buy It Now 3h 57m
Sensual Classics II (1993) USD $2.09 Buy It Now 3h 58m
DK Murder Was The Bass (The Remixes Part II) 12" ELP Medien ELP11 2004 USD $13.54 Buy It Now 3h 59m
VAN HALEN - Van Halen II Vinyl LP (HS 3312) WARNER BROS - 1979 Record USD $16.00 Buy It Now 3h 59m
SOUL II SOUL ~ Get A Life ~ 12" Single PS - SEALED USD $15.76 Buy It Now 4h
RARE ROCKABILLY Volume II, VA, UK, LP NM/NM, 1977, MCA Records Terry Noland more USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4h
All This And World War II - RVLP2 - 2-LP Vinyl Record USD $8.37 Buy It Now 4h
PRETENDERS II ( 1981 VINYL LP REAL SRK3572 EX / VG ) USD $6.15 Buy It Now 4h 2m
Greek Party Vol II Recorded Live 33RPM TS58 011517LLE USD $9.99 [0 bids]
LEAD-BELLY PLAYS PARTY SONGS VOL I & II 1962 RED VINYL VG+ TO VG++ HEAR IT   USD $25.00 Buy It Now 4h 5m
PAUL BARBARIN last journey of a jazzman vol.II - SIGNED USD $22.80 Buy It Now 4h 5m
The Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I II & III USD $18.02 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Use Your Illusion II [PA] by Guns N' Roses (Rock), Guns N' Roses (CD, Sep-1991) USD $7.49 Buy It Now 4h 9m
Boyz II Men, Christmas Interpretations, Excellent USD $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 10m
Caesar Vive!: Prague 1609 - Music for Emperor Rudolf II (2007) USD $15.39 Buy It Now 4h 10m
Johann Sebastian Bach - : Clavier Übung II (2011) USD $16.03 Buy It Now 4h 11m
RAEKWON - ONLY BUILT 4 CUBAN LINX... PT II - DOUBLE 12" PURPLE VINYL LP - SEALED USD $21.49 Buy It Now 4h 11m
Steamhammer - MK II (2006) USD $11.26 Buy It Now 4h 11m
Johann II Strauss - Strauss: Waltzes; Polkas; Overtures (2012) USD $9.88 Buy It Now 4h 11m
David Williams - Prophecy II (Original Motion Picture Score, Original... USD $12.79 Buy It Now 4h 11m
THE KINGSMEN LP - VOLUME II - NEAR MINT on ORIGINAL WAND LABEL USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 13m
The 98 ROCK ALBUM WIYY Vol II Crank It up RARE Baltimore Md PRIVATE LABEL PRESS USD $25.00 Buy It Now 4h 13m
SOUL II SOUL-ORIGINS (LIVE) (180G 2LP+CD+USB/DELUXE BOXSET) 2 VINYL LP+CD NEW+ USD $122.80 Buy It Now 4h 14m
NEIL YOUNG - CHROME DREAMS II CD & DVD - NEIL YOUNG - CHROME DREAMS 2 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 22m
The Globe by Big Audio Dynamite II  HITS  Minty CD  New Case USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 24m
The Stylistics The Best Of The Stylistics Volume II H&L 1st Vinyl Record not cd USD $4.30 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Boyz II Men, Evolution, Excellent USD $4.00 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Songcatcher Ii:tradition That Ins - Various Artists Compact Disc USD $19.44 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Corn On Macabre - Chapters I & Ii With Deleted Scene [CD New] USD $6.72 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Miroslav Vitous - Universal Syncopations Ii [CD New] USD $11.27 Buy It Now 4h 27m
QUEENSRYCHE / OPERATION:MINDCRIME II JAPAN CD OOP W/OBI USD $21.99 Buy It Now 4h 27m
VAN HALEN / VAN HALEN II JAPAN CD OOP W/OBI USD $21.99 Buy It Now 4h 31m
Beverly Hills Cop II 12" Vinyl Record Album MCA-6207 1987 EX Condition USD $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 36m
MICHAEL BOLTON UK 1999 12 TRACK PROMO CD Timeless (The Classics) Vol II Nearmint USD $4.92 Buy It Now 4h 36m
Johann Sebastian Bach - Bach: The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book II (2012) USD $23.34 Buy It Now 4h 36m
Clementi: The Complete Sonatas, Vol. 4 - The London Sonatas II (2011) USD $12.16 Buy It Now 4h 36m
Franz Liszt - Liszt: Années de Pèlerinage II (2011) USD $16.03 Buy It Now 4h 37m
BOYZ II MEN - END OF THE ROAD 7" 92 VG USD $1.22 [0 bids]
Wyclef Jean, The Ecleftic: 2 Sides II a Book, Excellent USD $4.27 Buy It Now 4h 37m
LED ZEPPELIN II JAPAN MINI LP CD JIMMY PAGE ROBERT PLANT SEALED USD $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 40m
The Second Coming - Roger Troutman II (CD 2000)Still Sealed USD $0.95 [0 bids]
Wrap It Up Rap CD - 2nd II None Tha Dogg Pound Inglewood Monster West Coast Wynn USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4h 43m
MONTREAL BAND - MUSIC! / MUSIC PT II 12" 1977 CLASSIC DISCO/FUNK VG/VG USD $8.61 Buy It Now 4h 43m
Eddie Rabbitt Greatest Hits Volume II NM/NM USD $14.00 Buy It Now 4h 43m
Ken Hirai: Ken's Bar II 2 (2009) Japan / CD & DVD TAIWAN USD $20.98 Buy It Now 4h 48m
FESTA MODE - FESTA MODE II - Japan CD - J-POP - 10Tracks OBI USD $13.95 Buy It Now 4h 48m
CRISTAL SILENCE II, ROBERT HAIG COXON JR COMPACT CASSETTE USED TAPE, CS4-330 USD $7.49 Buy It Now 4h 48m
Boyz II Men, Cooleyhighharmony, Excellent USD $4.27 Buy It Now 4h 48m
45 rpm record Columbia Hawaiian Magic Ken Griffin Vol. II USD $2.95 Buy It Now 4h 49m
33 RPM Vinyl Little Red Hen Narrated Part I&II By Al Javelon Lionel Record 45SM3 USD $17.99 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Meat Loaf, Bat Out of Hell II: Back into Hell, Excellent USD $4.27 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Bas - Quarter Water Raised Me Vol II MIXTAPE new cd volume 2 j cole USD $7.98 Buy It Now 4h 51m
ONE II 3 Whole New Head Compact Disc (CD) VG USD $11.00 Buy It Now 4h 51m
A History of Hitchcock II : To Catch a Thief (CD-1995 Silva) SEALED! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 52m

More places to buy ANDROMEDA music online Buy ANDROMEDA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ANDROMEDA II = I ratings distribution

ANDROMEDA II = I reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars This is the second album of Sweden band formed in 1999. They released their debut "Extension of The Wish" in 2001. There is a change in line-up since the debut album with new lead singer David Fremberg and the exit of previous bass player Gert Daun. The bass line is now taken care by the guitar player Johan Reinholdz. Basically it has transformed from five-piece to four-piece band. The rest of the band members are intact: Thomas Lejon looks after drum stools and Martin Herdin (keyboards).

The band has a potential future as great band in progressive metal arena. This album represents their existence in this arena demonstrating their ability to compose and deliver their music with power and energy. Using Mike Portnoy's view of sort of progressive metal elements (*), this album is heavy (70%), progressive (10%) and melodic (20%). Despite its power and energy, the album is (sometimes) lacking in structure and harmony, I would say. It's probably a mixing / production issue.

Having been opened with soft keyboard and guitar, "Encyclopedia" blasts off with heavy riffs and speed bass line followed by vocal. The music flows in full energy with soft guitar riffs at background. At tempo change, during transition, guitar takes its solo part augmented with symphonic keyboard at background. To my personal taste, the harmony between guitar riffs and drum is a bit lacking. It sounds rough to my ears. At approx min 4:50 - the part where the voice is backed with solo drum and keyboard punch - it does not sound natural to me. This track has a very good guitar solo (in the vein of classic rock music) at the ending part. Unfortunately . this guitar solo has to end not in natural way - it fades out and replaced by tape loop of percussion sound. Uughh . what a regret!

"Mirages" starts off with heavy guitar riffs / solo followed by drumming. The voice line enters the scene with the riffs at the back. There is nice keyboard work combined with guitar solo accompanying the vocal. The guitar solo during interlude is stunning.

"Reaching Deep Within" kicks off with a guitar and keyboard works followed by drum and bass. Again, it sounds to me that this part is lacking harmony and melody. It sounds rough. The riffs produced during the voice line are simple but a bit boring to me. To me, this is a straight forward metal tune. "Two Is One" is the longest track (10:09) . It starts with a nice guitar fills followed by slow tempo music to feature voice line. No guitar riffs at this part. The tempo moves faster at approx min 4:00 with higher tone voice line. The guitar riffs start to roll in the middle of the track augmented with good keyboard sound. The combination of guitar and keyboard solo during interlude / transitions is really good.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is an upbeat instrumental piece demonstrating keyboard and guitar sounds. It's a very good composition. I like the harmony of two sounds (keyboard and guitar) in the middle of the track (approx min 4:00) onward. It actually can be better if the mixing is improved as it sounds bit rough to me.

"Castaway" is a mellow track performed in ballad style. The vocal harmony is excellent, the piano fills are stunning. No riffs; guitar is played with fills. No drumming. Solo piano is wonderful. I can hear that the lead singer voice in low register is very good. It's a melodic and relaxing track.

"Parasite" blows off with heavy music and it flows in typical prog met music. The music turns quieter in the middle of the track with great keyboard and voice line. This part is really nice. I can hear sort of jazz/fusion influence in this track.

"One In My Head" starts off with a melodic piano / keyboard touch followed by upbeat music with excellent guitar and keyboard. This track has relatively long instrumental as the vocal takes off around the middle of the track. Despite good performance, this track is lacking in structure (music wise) and mixing (production wise).

"This Fragile Surface" is probably the most symphonic one compared to the other tracks. Yes, there are guitar riffs still but it only accentuates the bars during the voice line. The guitar solo and keyboard work are really wonderful and melodic. This is an excellent track well positioned to conclude the album.

Overall this album is good but not essential. However, I would still recommend this album for those of you who like progressive metal music like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Ice Age, Pain of Salvation, Evergrey, etc. Rating: 3.25/5. GW, Indonesia.

Reference: (*) Interview with Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater as it can be seen from DREAM THEATER "Live at Budokan" DVD - disc 2. It's a simple and practical definition of progressive metal genre, I think.

Review by AtLossForWords
4 stars Relatively new Prog Metal band from Sweden brings nostalgia of Dream Theater.

Andromeda is a Progressive Metal band from Sweden. I have almost nothing but comments from this great and relatively new band. II=I is there second studio release. When one listens to it, the elements of a dark emotional sound with an excellent mix hard and soft matierial will become apparent.

The album is written similar to Dream Theater. Throughout all of the album there are jazzy overtones complimenting the funk-styled rythym playing. Thomas LeJon is a Progressive Metal drummer with talents that can compare even to Mike Portnoy and Virgil Donati. Johan Reinholdz is one of the very best young progressive metal guitarists. On certain occaisions his playing can excel ahead of players like John Petrucci. The future is very bright for this young guitarist (who doubles on bass). His styled is extremely smooth and jazzy, truly a pleasure to listen to. Martin Hedin is also an apt keyboardist. Hedin has excellent skill, but lacks synth sound creativity. The only complaint I really have are the vocals from David Fremberg. He fits the band somewhat nicely, but he has trouble in some of the more delicate tracks. If his voice matures enough to sing smoother in softer parts, he also has a bright future.

The album is quite a piece of work. The opening track Encyclopedia imeadiately gets the listener thinking about the lyrics. The title track Two Is One is a Progressive art. The song has a special touch to it to keep building with emotion while staying calm musically. The track finally starts to climax at the end which was a perfect lead to the next track, the insturmental Morphing Into Nothing. The insturmental shows off the amazing insturmental talents this band has. It's even comparable to Dance of Eternity by Dream Theater, but it's longer and showcases more guitars than keyboards.

The production isn't lively, but it really fits the album. The tones are dark and subtle. Even the drums have a certain bleakness to their tone. The bass isn't noticeable, but Johan Reinholdz makes his living in this band as a guitarist, not a bassist. The keyboards are my only complaint as they are somewhat uncreative with the tone selection.

The music is definately five star quality, but the band is young and I'm sure to see better work from them in the future. A 4 star rating is adequate.

3 stars After the success of their debut "Extension Of The Wish" they follow it up with an allbum that seems to be more focused on the vocallist (and songs) and less on the instrumental work (that is their strength). Well, for whatever reason this one does not hold up well to their first one.

"Encyclopedia" features lots of tempo shifts good guitar and heavy drums. I enjoy the lighter passages a lot, especially the guitar melodies.There seems to be a dark undercurrent throughout this song. "Mirages" opens with slow, heavy riffs with some good guitar solos and keyboard flurries. "Reaching Deep Within" is a song that employs the background synths I like so much. Lots of riffs too. "Two Is One" is the longest song here and the first half is mellow with piano and soft vocals while the second half is more uptempo and heavy.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is a full speed ahead instrumental. These guys can play ! "Castaway" has some reserved vocals and beautiful piano melodies. "Parasite" is all over the place with lots of mood and tempo shifts. The aggressive vocals that come and go don't do much for me at all. "One In My Head" opens with piano and has some complex arrangments. This is an interesting,well done song. We don't get vocals until almost 4 minutes in. "This Fragile Surface" has keyboard melodies all through it and lots of tempo changes as well.

Good album but I don't think i'd recommend it when there is so much good Prog-Metal out there that is much better than this one.

Review by CCVP
4 stars Thank God the title of the album is a lie!

After a relatively successful debut, Andromeda 2 years later release a brand new studio album entitled II=I. However, they changed their vocalist and that is a major change for the better, since David Fremberg vocals are better than Lawrence Mackrory to Andromeda's music. I mean, David Fremberg's vocals fit much better in Andromeda's music than Lawrence Mackrory's vocals, what is ultimately proven when they re-release their debut with Fremberg singing. Another interesting change is that their original bass players is also gone and, because of that, their guitarist Johan Reinholdz played the bass at the recording sessions. The result was very good, but Johan Reinholdz would still be the band's guitarist, after they found the new bass player, which is Fabian Gustavsson now.

Anyway, in Two is One Andromeda present themselves in a much darker mood than the one seen in Extension of the Wish. The songs are still played on the frantic speed they were on the debut, but now they (at least most of them) sound heavier and are in minor scales, what is responsible for the darker or sadder mood here. However, they still have some nice soft songs here, like Two is One and Castaway.

About the songs, musicianship and other features, there are some things i would like to state:

Andromeda's main characteristic is most certainly their incredible instrumental work, specially the guitars and the keyboards / pianos, and this albums shows it perfectly. From the incredible opening of Encyclopedia till This Fragile Surface both the guitars and the keyboards are blasting and the drums make it very round, smooth and complete. However, the musicianship of all players is incredible, in a positive way.

The highlights are: Encyclopedia (one of their best songs ever), Mirages, Two Is One, Morphing Into Nothing, One in my Head and This Fragile Surface.

Grade and Final Thoughts

With a new vocalist, Andromeda definitely reached the next level here, making music that is worthy to be considered and respected in the progressive metal scene. This album is all good, having no bad songs in my opinion, with some considerable highlights. Because of that this album deserves 4 stars.

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Andromeda second release from 2003 was a pleasent surprise for me from the biggining 3 years ago. This swedish prog metal band did a great job here mixing Dream Theater elements with groovy and intrsting arrangemets. I like this kind of prog metal up tempo, fast , slow depends how the mood changes, everything on this second release named II=I is a winner to my ears. Ok the influences are obvious taken from DT but they have also some personality in their work here aswell. LIke very much what the keyboard player Marin Hedin done here, really, something great in full of excellent chops, not to mention the drumer who is very sure of his instrument and created a real solit shythm section with the bass player, great. The voice is a new one on this album face the previous one the debute. I don't know the first album, but the voice of David Fremberg is good and fits very well here. This album has everything to become a great release in the future, complexity, progressive metal that pleases every fan, me included. Every single piece is great, showing that Andromeda is a force in this subgenre, not only followers , but real progressive metal band with talented musicians. 3.5 rounded to 4 .Still the instrumental one Morphing Into Nothing and Encyclopedia are real killers.Looking forward for another album to listen .

4 stars If well, their first album was a good debut, although not too original. On this two is one there's much more variety, audacity and many refreshing music passages mixed in the exact moment with the right elements. This not means a musical evolution, but it's an important step on the path for gett ... (read more)

Report this review (#165080) | Posted by Epsilon | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Powerful power metal band, Andromeda was always a band sitting in my library collecting dust. Till one day I decided to give them a listen. And I'd have to say that I was impressed with what I heard for the raw metal and harsh vocals. II=I is a great album with some really good songs. Such as ... (read more)

Report this review (#142475) | Posted by Xeroth | Sunday, October 7, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars After a blazing first album, this one is really a huge step down. Extension was a very up-tempo and technical. It was a fresh sound for progressive metal. In this album, however, the band regresses into cliched themes and sounds. Even the vocalist, who was so expressive and wonderful in extensi ... (read more)

Report this review (#88932) | Posted by SolariS | Monday, September 4, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Excellent disc of the Swedish band ANDROMEDA, al to perish is another very good band that it comes from Scandinavian, that zone where this concentrating very good bands, is the new cluster of bands that are bringing forth talents worthy to turn around to see handle leaves from the earth, where ... (read more)

Report this review (#88639) | Posted by Shelket | Friday, September 1, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I select around 40 cd's to go on holiday in my black box, and like my review of ASCENSION THEORY, this goes with it. Several earlier views sum up the album, brilliant.Mixtures of fast hard rock/metals and more mellow sounds are the ingridents for a great album,unlike the 3rd album Chimera whic ... (read more)

Report this review (#82076) | Posted by | Tuesday, June 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The 2nd studio release by Sweden's Andromeda. Although there are elements of other prog-metal bands they have created their own distinctively style full of synthesizer and effects. All the musicians are on a quite high niveau if you consider they're all about 20! The music changes from heavy pas ... (read more)

Report this review (#53770) | Posted by W.Chuck | Saturday, October 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars this album commands nothing less than five stars. Not one bad song in the bunch. it is beautiful from start to finish. every song has a beautiful into. there is a nice balance of metal and mellow stuff. the keyboards are fantastic. the guitars are perfect, even reminds me of John Petrucci, who ... (read more)

Report this review (#18854) | Posted by daleplate | Thursday, April 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Dissapointing. I purchased this album after recieving several recommendations and thats the only way I can describe it. Andromeda serves up a prog metal, 9 track album that is riddled with cliches and suffers horribly from derivititus. Its hard to fault the band from a technical perspective, t ... (read more)

Report this review (#18853) | Posted by | Wednesday, February 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The first album - Extension of the Wish - is the best metal album I have ever heard... this one didn't quite live up to expectations but is a great album nontheless. First album had very little vocals and relied more on the amazing skills of Johan Reinholdz. This album the focus has been taken of ... (read more)

Report this review (#18846) | Posted by | Wednesday, December 17, 2003 | Review Permanlink

4 stars An awesome Band! Andromeda is great: heavy, progressive, technical... I haven´t heard the first album, but II=I is very, very good. Great Vocals, superb guitars, ingenious keyboards and powerful drums. Sure they best effort is yet to come. ... (read more)

Report this review (#18845) | Posted by | Friday, November 14, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANDROMEDA "II = I"