II = I

Buy ANDROMEDA Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Encyclopedia (7:35)
2. Mirages (5:42)
3. Reaching Deep Within (4:50)
4. Two Is One (10:09)
5. Morphing Into Nothing (7:34)
6. Castaway (6:16)
7. Parasite (6:54)
8. One In My Head (8:02)
9. This Fragile Surface (8:04)

Search ANDROMEDA II = I lyrics

Search ANDROMEDA II = I tabs

- David Fremberg / vocals
- Johan Reinholdz / guitars and bass
- Thomas Lejon / drums
- Marin Hedin / keyboards

New Hawen Records CD 45004-2

ANDROMEDA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANDROMEDA II = I Music

Ii = IIi = I
Inner Wound Recordings 2014
II=III=I
Century Media 2003
Ii = I by Andromeda (2014)Ii = I by Andromeda (2014)
Inner Wound Recordings
II=I by Andromeda (2003-03-11)II=I by Andromeda (2003-03-11)
Century Media
MAXWELL II CLASSICAL SAMPLER -(LP)- STILL SEALED - LIMITED EDITION STEREO - 1980 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
(AP1) Still Flyin', Runaway Train II - DJ CD USD $4.32 Buy It Now 1h 31m
HALLOWEEN II Soundtrack LP '81 Orig Varese Sarabande RARE HORROR John Carpenter USD $31.67 [9 bids]
CIRCLE II CIRCLE - EVERY LAST THING (IMPORT) NEW CD USD $24.47 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Willie Colon The Best II CD New Nuevo Sealed USD $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m
MEAT LOAF - BAT OUT OF HELL II: BACK INTO HELL... NEW CD USD $6.12 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Frank Sinatra 4 LP lot: Christmas Album, Greatest Hits I & II, Cycles USD $32.36 Buy It Now 1h 36m
BARRY MANILOW II - "SEALED" VINYL LP USD $7.91 Buy It Now 1h 36m
IN-HOUSE II 1988 US AMERICA SEALED 12"Single ship from Japan USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Furtwangler Conducts Beethoven Symphonies 4, 5, 6, & 7 from World War II Concert USD $20.45 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Soul II Soul Keep on Movin' 1989 Cassette VG USD $8.39 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Future Sound Of London Environments II LP Vinyl Record Breakbeat Reissue USD $24.95 Buy It Now 1h 40m
CD ~ SENSUAL CLASSICS II ~ 1993 IMPORT USD $20.75 Buy It Now 1h 41m
This is Benny Goodman Vol. II 2 LP SET RCA VICTOR VPM-6063 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Paul McCartney - McCartney II Vinyl -LP - NM/ NM USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $7.99 Buy It Now
Piano Rags by Scott Joplin 1972 Volume II USD $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Bachman Turner Overdrive II 1973 Rock Vinyl Record USD $4.00 [0 bids]
INSTRUMENTAL 45 RPM - COZY COLE - LOVE 5003 - "TOPSY" Parts I/II USD $7.50 Buy It Now 1h 47m
^ GERRY MULLIGAN Pleyel concerts 1954 Volume II- CD excellent condition USD $5.54 Buy It Now 1h 48m
MEGA-MIX DANCE HITS VOL II RAIMUNDA NAVARRO DIGITAL EMOTION SAVAGE ITALO CD USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
MIDGARD PRO PATRIA II CD OI ISD R@C SKINHEAD ROCK O RAMA REBELLES EUROPEENS ROR USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Elvis Presley. A Fool Such as I - I Need your Love Tonight. C1959. 45 -RCA-1113 USD $41.93 [0 bids]
LED ZEPPELIN II 2 Mfsl Nm Mobile Fidelity Vinyl Pressing original Lp Record USD $249.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
CIRCLE II CIRCLE-FULL CIRCLE -2CD- CIRCLE II CIRCLE-FULL CIRCLE -2CD- USD $16.52 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Neil Diamond 12 Greatest Hits Vol II Cassette USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Stars On 45 Medley II Good Day Sunshine / inst. ~ Radio 428 VG++Canadian USD $2.39 Buy It Now 1h 57m
AMON DUUL II Dance of the Lemmings 2LP G/F EX United Artists UAS-9954 Prog Psych USD $44.44 Buy It Now 2h
ACOUSTIC II, GREG HARRIS (NEW CD) INSTRAMENTAL USD $1.00 Buy It Now 2h
Schattenvald ?- II (CD, 2013, Digipak) German Experimental Folk/Black Metal, NEW USD $4.79 Buy It Now 2h 5m
CLASSICAL BEETHOBEN-BEST OF THE GREAT COMPOSERS II (CD) USD $1.95 Buy It Now 2h 5m
DREAM THEATER "INSTRUMENTAL II YOUR BRAIN ON DRUGS" CD RARE/OOP PROG ROCK USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
Led Zeppelin II - LP Vinyl Record - Atlantic SD 8236 Label USD $19.98 Buy It Now 2h 6m
ITÁLIA ROMÂNTICA VOL. II ALBUM CD USD $6.49 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Metalocalypse Dethklok RARE! DETHALBUM II LP 220 gram Audiophile vinyl record NM USD $75.00 Buy It Now 2h 9m
TIGER ARMY II POWER OF MOONLITE 2001 LP Record Limited Ed. MOON YELLOW VINYL ex USD $19.99 [3 bids]
BEST IF THE BIG BANDS VOL II (NEW SEALED CD) USD $2.50 Buy It Now 2h 15m
WILLIE COLON y HECTOR LAVOE y YOMO TORO Asalto Navideno Vol. II LP Shrink FANIA USD $9.99 [1 bids]
MARCO V COMBI: NATIONS II [2CD Set] Dance Electronic, Central Station **NEW CD* USD $9.91 Buy It Now 2h 17m
GUNS & ROSES 4-CD Lot: Appetite for Destruction; Use Your Illusion I & II +1 USD $19.15 Buy It Now 2h 17m
GUNS N´ROSES USE YOUR ILUSION II 1991 GERMANY ALBUM CD USD $7.56 Buy It Now 2h 19m
Grammy's Greatest Country Moments Volume II CD1994 LOVETT, JUDDS, STRAIT, WAYLON USD $2.00 Buy It Now 2h 19m
The Shadow Vol.II Original Radio Broadcasts No Bar Code Sealed USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Sweet Relief II: Gravity, Vic Chesnutt, CD 1996 GARBAGE, JOE HENRY, INDIGO GIRLS USD $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 20m
YOUNG GUNS II OST JON BON JOVI ALBUM CD USD $6.88 Buy It Now 2h 24m
(ROCK LP) COLOSSEUM II - ELECTRIC SAVAGE (GERMAN PRESS / GARY MOORE) USD $13.75 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Guns N' Roses 'Selections From Use Your Illusion I and II' RARE US SEALED 8-trks USD $14.29 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Meat Loaf Bat Out of Hell II Cassette MCA Records 1993 Excellent USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Various Artists : The Love Album II (2CDs) (1995) Good Used condition 39 Tracks USD $7.27 Buy It Now 2h 32m
BEVERLY HILLS COP II-NM Vinyl LP In Shrink W/ Hype Sticker(1987) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Crystal Castles [II] Crystal Castles Audio CD USD $10.18 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Use Your Illusion II [PA] by Guns N' Roses (CD, Sep-1991, Geffen) USD $3.95 Buy It Now 2h 33m
ALQUIMIA, LA SONORA DEL XXI - LEYENDA II - FACTORY SEALED USD $16.59 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Vox VBX 412 (3LPs) mono Nm-/Vg+ MENDELSSOHN Piano Music Vol. II - RENA KYRIAKOU USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Vox SVBX 5417 (3LPs) stereo Nm BEETHOVEN Piano Music Vol. II - ALFRED BRENDEL USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Vox SVBX 5119 (3LPs) stereo Nm MOZART Early Sym V.II - GUNTER KEHR/MAINZ CHAMBER USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Hogan's Heroes 60s TV LP Sing the Best of World War II STEREO USA ISSUE Sunset USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 36m
The Best of Gabby Volume II CD USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 36m
MACHINE HEAD / II / PATCH HEAVY METAL ,, USD $3.98 Buy It Now 2h 38m
IN FLAMES / ii / PATCH HEAVY METAL ,, USD $3.98 Buy It Now 2h 38m
LED ZEPPELIN II ATLANTIC SD-8236 "1969 GATEFOLD w/STICKER" USD $20.00 [0 bids]
VINTAGE VINYL RECORD THE POLICE SYNCHRONICITY II USD $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 38m
ZAPPA LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA II CASSETTE VG 1987 Barking Pumpkin USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 39m
NEIL DIAMOND : 12 GREATEST HITS VOL. II(LP, VINYL RECORD)12", 33RPM, VG++,1982 USD $4.29 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Bachman-Turner Overdrive Vinyl LP Mercury Records, 1974 issue SRM1-696, BTO II USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Led Zeppelin II LP NM SD19127 1977 SRC USD $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
JOSE LARRALDE - TRAYENDO AYERES II NEW CD USD $17.82 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Products of World Gone Mad 3 Man Riot II Record Blackwiz USD $7.50 Buy It Now 2h 43m
BERLINER BAROCK SOLISTEN - C.P.E. BACH: CONCERTOS & SYMPHONIES II NEW CD USD $22.17 Buy It Now 2h 44m
UB40 Labour Of Love II CD *SEALED* Kingston Town USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Dimension Latina - Sus Grandes Exitos Vol. II USD $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 46m
ORLEANS (John Hall) LP "II" (ABC) 1973 Holland import w/ "Dance With Me" .. EX! USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 48m
NEIL DIAMOND - HOT AUGUST NIGHT II (CD, Nov-1987, Columbia (USA)) USD $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 48m
The UA Years: 1969-1974 - Amon Duul II - Audio CD USD $24.33 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Raymond Lewis Miss Lolly / Ruthless Lover 7" 45RPM Record Single II-590 Piranha USD $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Bob Dylan Greatest Hits Volume I & II Vinyl Record LP USD $19.98 Buy It Now 2h 52m
(CD420) Akron, S/T II: The Cosmic Birth And Journey Of Shinju TNT - DJ CD USD $8.31 Buy It Now 2h 53m
CHICAGO - CHICAGO II (KGP24) Awsome gatefold album, 2 rec.set! USD $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 54m
RUSH/'RETROSPECTIVE II: 1981-1987' *2009 JAPAN NEW/SEALED/REMASTER/1ST ED.* USD $3.29 [7 bids]
CHICAGO II 4 track tape 3 3/4 ips COLUMBIA reel to reel H2C 31 stereo 1969 vgc+ USD $14.99 [0 bids]
USD $24.99 Buy It Now
BOHANNON ~ BOHANNON II~ MERCURY SRM-1-1159 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Bad Boys II 2 Martin Lawrence Will Smith SEALED Rapl Hip Hop RECORD lp USD $16.00 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Pink Floyd, Another Brick in the Wall Part II/One of My Turns, p/s, Aust press USD $28.32 Buy It Now 3h
SCREAMING AT THE MIRROR II V/A LP - OZ AUSSIE MELB PUNK ALT COMP. PRAY TV SLUB USD $28.29 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Music of Barbara Harbach, V.4: Chamber Music II - String Orchestra, Ensemble USD $11.47 Buy It Now 3h 9m
El Trabuco Venezolano - Trabuco Venezolano Vol.II Velezuela Vinyl Salsa RARE USD $25.00 Buy It Now 3h 9m
PAUL McCARTNEY McCartney II 1980 VG++ w/ 7" insert USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Barbara Cook, Oscar Winners: The Lyrics Of Oscar Hammerstein II Audio CD USD $5.55 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Glenn Danzig - Black Aria II [PA] (Slipcase) Evilive Records rare CD USD $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
The Kingsmen VOLUME II 1964 USD $10.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
X True Love Part II MINT WLP PROMO DJ 12 INCH SINGLE 33 RPM 1983 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
CD SOUNDTRACK Star Trek II (2) The Wrath Of Khan JAMES HORNER NEAR MINT USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $15.00 Buy It Now
Down - Down II: A Bustle in Your Hedgerow... / TH Cassette USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 17m
Fontegara - Sonatas Novohispanas Ii-Mexican Baroque Music [CD New] USD $12.90 Buy It Now 3h 17m
RICK DEES AND HIS CAST OF IDIOTS-b-(45)-DISCO DUCK(PART 1)/PART II(INSTRUMENTAL) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Bob Dylan Vinyl Record LP Lot Greatest Hits + Greatest Hits Vol II USD $23.98 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Bat Out of Hell II: Back into Hell by Meat Loaf (CD, Sep-2008, Geffen) USD $0.99 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Tobrud - Rungholt II - 1984 LP - vinyl record - Denmark - XENLP 14 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 21m
JOEY DEE & THE STARLITERS-a-(45)-PEPPERMINT TWIST-PART I/PART II-ROULETTE - 1962 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 23m
Embryo 1985 Africa Album CD NEW 1992 Krautrock Dissidenten Can Amon Duul II Guru USD $69.00 Buy It Now 3h 24m
ROCK-O-RAMA - VOLUME II (AB4223) VG+/VG++ cond. 2rec. set, awsome early rock! USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 24m

More places to buy ANDROMEDA music online Buy ANDROMEDA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANDROMEDA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANDROMEDA II = I ratings distribution

ANDROMEDA II = I reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars This is the second album of Sweden band formed in 1999. They released their debut "Extension of The Wish" in 2001. There is a change in line-up since the debut album with new lead singer David Fremberg and the exit of previous bass player Gert Daun. The bass line is now taken care by the guitar player Johan Reinholdz. Basically it has transformed from five-piece to four-piece band. The rest of the band members are intact: Thomas Lejon looks after drum stools and Martin Herdin (keyboards).

The band has a potential future as great band in progressive metal arena. This album represents their existence in this arena demonstrating their ability to compose and deliver their music with power and energy. Using Mike Portnoy's view of sort of progressive metal elements (*), this album is heavy (70%), progressive (10%) and melodic (20%). Despite its power and energy, the album is (sometimes) lacking in structure and harmony, I would say. It's probably a mixing / production issue.

Having been opened with soft keyboard and guitar, "Encyclopedia" blasts off with heavy riffs and speed bass line followed by vocal. The music flows in full energy with soft guitar riffs at background. At tempo change, during transition, guitar takes its solo part augmented with symphonic keyboard at background. To my personal taste, the harmony between guitar riffs and drum is a bit lacking. It sounds rough to my ears. At approx min 4:50 - the part where the voice is backed with solo drum and keyboard punch - it does not sound natural to me. This track has a very good guitar solo (in the vein of classic rock music) at the ending part. Unfortunately . this guitar solo has to end not in natural way - it fades out and replaced by tape loop of percussion sound. Uughh . what a regret!

"Mirages" starts off with heavy guitar riffs / solo followed by drumming. The voice line enters the scene with the riffs at the back. There is nice keyboard work combined with guitar solo accompanying the vocal. The guitar solo during interlude is stunning.

"Reaching Deep Within" kicks off with a guitar and keyboard works followed by drum and bass. Again, it sounds to me that this part is lacking harmony and melody. It sounds rough. The riffs produced during the voice line are simple but a bit boring to me. To me, this is a straight forward metal tune. "Two Is One" is the longest track (10:09) . It starts with a nice guitar fills followed by slow tempo music to feature voice line. No guitar riffs at this part. The tempo moves faster at approx min 4:00 with higher tone voice line. The guitar riffs start to roll in the middle of the track augmented with good keyboard sound. The combination of guitar and keyboard solo during interlude / transitions is really good.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is an upbeat instrumental piece demonstrating keyboard and guitar sounds. It's a very good composition. I like the harmony of two sounds (keyboard and guitar) in the middle of the track (approx min 4:00) onward. It actually can be better if the mixing is improved as it sounds bit rough to me.

"Castaway" is a mellow track performed in ballad style. The vocal harmony is excellent, the piano fills are stunning. No riffs; guitar is played with fills. No drumming. Solo piano is wonderful. I can hear that the lead singer voice in low register is very good. It's a melodic and relaxing track.

"Parasite" blows off with heavy music and it flows in typical prog met music. The music turns quieter in the middle of the track with great keyboard and voice line. This part is really nice. I can hear sort of jazz/fusion influence in this track.

"One In My Head" starts off with a melodic piano / keyboard touch followed by upbeat music with excellent guitar and keyboard. This track has relatively long instrumental as the vocal takes off around the middle of the track. Despite good performance, this track is lacking in structure (music wise) and mixing (production wise).

"This Fragile Surface" is probably the most symphonic one compared to the other tracks. Yes, there are guitar riffs still but it only accentuates the bars during the voice line. The guitar solo and keyboard work are really wonderful and melodic. This is an excellent track well positioned to conclude the album.

Overall this album is good but not essential. However, I would still recommend this album for those of you who like progressive metal music like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Ice Age, Pain of Salvation, Evergrey, etc. Rating: 3.25/5. GW, Indonesia.

Reference: (*) Interview with Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater as it can be seen from DREAM THEATER "Live at Budokan" DVD - disc 2. It's a simple and practical definition of progressive metal genre, I think.

Review by AtLossForWords
4 stars Relatively new Prog Metal band from Sweden brings nostalgia of Dream Theater.

Andromeda is a Progressive Metal band from Sweden. I have almost nothing but comments from this great and relatively new band. II=I is there second studio release. When one listens to it, the elements of a dark emotional sound with an excellent mix hard and soft matierial will become apparent.

The album is written similar to Dream Theater. Throughout all of the album there are jazzy overtones complimenting the funk-styled rythym playing. Thomas LeJon is a Progressive Metal drummer with talents that can compare even to Mike Portnoy and Virgil Donati. Johan Reinholdz is one of the very best young progressive metal guitarists. On certain occaisions his playing can excel ahead of players like John Petrucci. The future is very bright for this young guitarist (who doubles on bass). His styled is extremely smooth and jazzy, truly a pleasure to listen to. Martin Hedin is also an apt keyboardist. Hedin has excellent skill, but lacks synth sound creativity. The only complaint I really have are the vocals from David Fremberg. He fits the band somewhat nicely, but he has trouble in some of the more delicate tracks. If his voice matures enough to sing smoother in softer parts, he also has a bright future.

The album is quite a piece of work. The opening track Encyclopedia imeadiately gets the listener thinking about the lyrics. The title track Two Is One is a Progressive art. The song has a special touch to it to keep building with emotion while staying calm musically. The track finally starts to climax at the end which was a perfect lead to the next track, the insturmental Morphing Into Nothing. The insturmental shows off the amazing insturmental talents this band has. It's even comparable to Dance of Eternity by Dream Theater, but it's longer and showcases more guitars than keyboards.

The production isn't lively, but it really fits the album. The tones are dark and subtle. Even the drums have a certain bleakness to their tone. The bass isn't noticeable, but Johan Reinholdz makes his living in this band as a guitarist, not a bassist. The keyboards are my only complaint as they are somewhat uncreative with the tone selection.

The music is definately five star quality, but the band is young and I'm sure to see better work from them in the future. A 4 star rating is adequate.

3 stars After the success of their debut "Extension Of The Wish" they follow it up with an allbum that seems to be more focused on the vocallist (and songs) and less on the instrumental work (that is their strength). Well, for whatever reason this one does not hold up well to their first one.

"Encyclopedia" features lots of tempo shifts good guitar and heavy drums. I enjoy the lighter passages a lot, especially the guitar melodies.There seems to be a dark undercurrent throughout this song. "Mirages" opens with slow, heavy riffs with some good guitar solos and keyboard flurries. "Reaching Deep Within" is a song that employs the background synths I like so much. Lots of riffs too. "Two Is One" is the longest song here and the first half is mellow with piano and soft vocals while the second half is more uptempo and heavy.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is a full speed ahead instrumental. These guys can play ! "Castaway" has some reserved vocals and beautiful piano melodies. "Parasite" is all over the place with lots of mood and tempo shifts. The aggressive vocals that come and go don't do much for me at all. "One In My Head" opens with piano and has some complex arrangments. This is an interesting,well done song. We don't get vocals until almost 4 minutes in. "This Fragile Surface" has keyboard melodies all through it and lots of tempo changes as well.

Good album but I don't think i'd recommend it when there is so much good Prog-Metal out there that is much better than this one.

Review by CCVP
4 stars Thank God the title of the album is a lie!

After a relatively successful debut, Andromeda 2 years later release a brand new studio album entitled II=I. However, they changed their vocalist and that is a major change for the better, since David Fremberg vocals are better than Lawrence Mackrory to Andromeda's music. I mean, David Fremberg's vocals fit much better in Andromeda's music than Lawrence Mackrory's vocals, what is ultimately proven when they re-release their debut with Fremberg singing. Another interesting change is that their original bass players is also gone and, because of that, their guitarist Johan Reinholdz played the bass at the recording sessions. The result was very good, but Johan Reinholdz would still be the band's guitarist, after they found the new bass player, which is Fabian Gustavsson now.

Anyway, in Two is One Andromeda present themselves in a much darker mood than the one seen in Extension of the Wish. The songs are still played on the frantic speed they were on the debut, but now they (at least most of them) sound heavier and are in minor scales, what is responsible for the darker or sadder mood here. However, they still have some nice soft songs here, like Two is One and Castaway.

About the songs, musicianship and other features, there are some things i would like to state:

Andromeda's main characteristic is most certainly their incredible instrumental work, specially the guitars and the keyboards / pianos, and this albums shows it perfectly. From the incredible opening of Encyclopedia till This Fragile Surface both the guitars and the keyboards are blasting and the drums make it very round, smooth and complete. However, the musicianship of all players is incredible, in a positive way.

The highlights are: Encyclopedia (one of their best songs ever), Mirages, Two Is One, Morphing Into Nothing, One in my Head and This Fragile Surface.

Grade and Final Thoughts

With a new vocalist, Andromeda definitely reached the next level here, making music that is worthy to be considered and respected in the progressive metal scene. This album is all good, having no bad songs in my opinion, with some considerable highlights. Because of that this album deserves 4 stars.

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Andromeda second release from 2003 was a pleasent surprise for me from the biggining 3 years ago. This swedish prog metal band did a great job here mixing Dream Theater elements with groovy and intrsting arrangemets. I like this kind of prog metal up tempo, fast , slow depends how the mood changes, everything on this second release named II=I is a winner to my ears. Ok the influences are obvious taken from DT but they have also some personality in their work here aswell. LIke very much what the keyboard player Marin Hedin done here, really, something great in full of excellent chops, not to mention the drumer who is very sure of his instrument and created a real solit shythm section with the bass player, great. The voice is a new one on this album face the previous one the debute. I don't know the first album, but the voice of David Fremberg is good and fits very well here. This album has everything to become a great release in the future, complexity, progressive metal that pleases every fan, me included. Every single piece is great, showing that Andromeda is a force in this subgenre, not only followers , but real progressive metal band with talented musicians. 3.5 rounded to 4 .Still the instrumental one Morphing Into Nothing and Encyclopedia are real killers.Looking forward for another album to listen .

4 stars If well, their first album was a good debut, although not too original. On this two is one there's much more variety, audacity and many refreshing music passages mixed in the exact moment with the right elements. This not means a musical evolution, but it's an important step on the path for gett ... (read more)

Report this review (#165080) | Posted by Epsilon | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Powerful power metal band, Andromeda was always a band sitting in my library collecting dust. Till one day I decided to give them a listen. And I'd have to say that I was impressed with what I heard for the raw metal and harsh vocals. II=I is a great album with some really good songs. Such as ... (read more)

Report this review (#142475) | Posted by Xeroth | Sunday, October 07, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars After a blazing first album, this one is really a huge step down. Extension was a very up-tempo and technical. It was a fresh sound for progressive metal. In this album, however, the band regresses into cliched themes and sounds. Even the vocalist, who was so expressive and wonderful in extensi ... (read more)

Report this review (#88932) | Posted by SolariS | Monday, September 04, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Excellent disc of the Swedish band ANDROMEDA, al to perish is another very good band that it comes from Scandinavian, that zone where this concentrating very good bands, is the new cluster of bands that are bringing forth talents worthy to turn around to see handle leaves from the earth, where ... (read more)

Report this review (#88639) | Posted by Shelket | Friday, September 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I select around 40 cd's to go on holiday in my black box, and like my review of ASCENSION THEORY, this goes with it. Several earlier views sum up the album, brilliant.Mixtures of fast hard rock/metals and more mellow sounds are the ingridents for a great album,unlike the 3rd album Chimera whic ... (read more)

Report this review (#82076) | Posted by | Tuesday, June 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The 2nd studio release by Sweden's Andromeda. Although there are elements of other prog-metal bands they have created their own distinctively style full of synthesizer and effects. All the musicians are on a quite high niveau if you consider they're all about 20! The music changes from heavy pas ... (read more)

Report this review (#53770) | Posted by W.Chuck | Saturday, October 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars this album commands nothing less than five stars. Not one bad song in the bunch. it is beautiful from start to finish. every song has a beautiful into. there is a nice balance of metal and mellow stuff. the keyboards are fantastic. the guitars are perfect, even reminds me of John Petrucci, who ... (read more)

Report this review (#18854) | Posted by daleplate | Thursday, April 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Dissapointing. I purchased this album after recieving several recommendations and thats the only way I can describe it. Andromeda serves up a prog metal, 9 track album that is riddled with cliches and suffers horribly from derivititus. Its hard to fault the band from a technical perspective, t ... (read more)

Report this review (#18853) | Posted by | Wednesday, February 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The first album - Extension of the Wish - is the best metal album I have ever heard... this one didn't quite live up to expectations but is a great album nontheless. First album had very little vocals and relied more on the amazing skills of Johan Reinholdz. This album the focus has been taken of ... (read more)

Report this review (#18846) | Posted by | Wednesday, December 17, 2003 | Review Permanlink

4 stars An awesome Band! Andromeda is great: heavy, progressive, technical... I haven´t heard the first album, but II=I is very, very good. Great Vocals, superb guitars, ingenious keyboards and powerful drums. Sure they best effort is yet to come. ... (read more)

Report this review (#18845) | Posted by | Friday, November 14, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANDROMEDA "II = I"