II = I

Buy ANDROMEDA Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Encyclopedia (7:35)
2. Mirages (5:42)
3. Reaching Deep Within (4:50)
4. Two Is One (10:09)
5. Morphing Into Nothing (7:34)
6. Castaway (6:16)
7. Parasite (6:54)
8. One In My Head (8:02)
9. This Fragile Surface (8:04)

Search ANDROMEDA II = I lyrics

Search ANDROMEDA II = I tabs

- David Fremberg / vocals
- Johan Reinholdz / guitars and bass
- Thomas Lejon / drums
- Marin Hedin / keyboards

New Hawen Records CD 45004-2

ANDROMEDA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANDROMEDA II = I Music

II=III=I
Century Media 2003
Ii = IIi = I
Inner Wound Recordings 2014
II = I by Andromeda [Music CD]II = I by Andromeda [Music CD]
Inner Wound/MBM
Best Audiophile Voices II (180 Gram Vinyl) Various Artists Vinyl USD $121.74 Buy It Now 1h 29m
JazzLP:PIERRE MOERLEN'S GONG -EXPRESSO II Arista Records 1978 Canada USD $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Hell on Earth: A Rough Ni**a'z Bible II [PA] - BAM CD USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
The Bells of Stone Mountain Vol II Herbie Koch LP USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
René CLEMENCIC Oeuvres Originales MARAVIGLIA CHRONOS II SESOSTRIS I SCORPIOS LP USD $27.30 Buy It Now 1h 32m
ARCHIV ED.1 BACH KARL RICHTER CANTATAS SUNDAY AFTER TRINITY II 6LP 2722030 MI USD $15.60 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Blue Montreux II -Jazz LP USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
DAVID HOUSTON - GREATEST HITS VOLUME II - NEAR MINT COLUMBIA LE RECORD 1971 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
I'll Be Seeing You: Love Songs of World War II by Marcovicci, Andrea USD $4.07 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Christmas Interpretations, Boyz II Men, Very Good CD USD $2.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Americana II by ROCH VOISINE (CD, 2011, RV International/Sélect Canada) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Brand New!! Ohio State OSU Marching Band - Pride of the Buckeyes, Vol. II CD... USD $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 37m
LEFT BEHIND CONTEMPORARY CHRISTIAN TRIBULATION FORCE II USED CD USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Hell on Earth: A Rough Ni**a'z Bible II (Screwed)-BAM USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
DYNOOO/CUPP CAVE - Mick Vackey Ii - limited 12" USD $17.41 Buy It Now 1h 40m
ZENDER dir. ZENDER shir hashirim I & II - CPO CD STILL SEALED USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
NEIL DIAMOND "HOT AUGUST NIGHT II" 2 LP's (SEALED) 1987 w/UPC USD $21.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Barry Manilow- Greatest Hits Vol.II- LP SEALED USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
VERY RARE KISS LP ALIVE II, OBI, EVOLUTION OF KISS BOOKLET & INSERT, TRANSFERS USD $90.44 Buy It Now 1h 42m
The Classical Collection - J.Strauss II - Album Cassette Tape, Used very good USD $3.77 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Precious Memories Volume II - Alan Jackson - CD USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
VAN HALEN - VAN HALEN II LP USD $9.03 Buy It Now 1h 43m
45 RECORD PS THE POLICE: SYNCHRONICITY II, ONCE UPON A DAYDREAM USD $3.73 Buy It Now 1h 45m
CD DOUBLE ALBUM Classic Experience II USD $1.51 [0 bids]
The Bolshoi/A Way II/1987 7" Single/EX USD $7.52 Buy It Now 1h 47m
CD SMOOTH ULTIMATE LATE NIGHT GROOVES R&B TONI BRAXTON BOYZ II MEN 2 K-CI JOJO USD $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
KILL II THIS "TRINITY" *GREAT CONDITION* USD $2.26 [0 bids]
DEBUSSY PIANO MUSIC VOL II FRANKL 3 LP ZBOX SET VOX SVBX 5433 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
OBDUKTION: II CD Death Metal Greece Bolt Thrower Deicide Obituary Six Feet Under USD $3.99 [0 bids]
Oscar Solis y Su Banda Magi...-Corridos Finos II CD NEW USD $13.40 Buy It Now 1h 50m
ESKORBUTO -KANZIONES MALDITAS I Y II -RARE 2 TAPES 1997 - PUNK USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Elvis' 1957 Soundtrack EP**LOVING YOU-VOL-II** EPA-2-1515 / w/picture sleeve USD $12.00 [1 bids]
Nutty Professor II: The Klumps [PA] CD EE05 USD $0.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Various Artists : 20 Rock N Roll Greats Vol II CD. Chuck Berry. Haley. Shannon. USD $2.26 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion II (1991) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST USD $8.40 Buy It Now 1h 56m
ERNESTINE ANDERSON **PROMO** I CAN DREAM CAN'T I/I HEARD YOU CRIED LAST NIGHT USD $4.37 Buy It Now 1h 56m
2 Piano Rags Scott Joplin JOSHUA RIFKIN LPs VOL I & II two Vintage Vinyl Albums USD $6.67 Buy It Now 1h 57m
VIRGIN STEELE II guardians of the flame LP Record 1983 USD $42.50 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Artur Rubinstein Chopin I Love Volume II LP 1972 EX RCA Records Stereo USD $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Vertikal Ii [VINYL] Cult Of Luna Vinyl USD $34.37 Buy It Now 1h 58m
Murphey, Michael Martin - Campfire On The Road - Lone Cowboy II - Western USD $25.58 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Paul McCartney - McCartney II Japan LP USD $7.00 [0 bids]
2h
Frank Sinatra - Duets II Mega Rare Promo Reference CD USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 3m
THE CHA.CY. - MINICD 3-99 - SCARCE GERMAN CD (FAUST/ AMON DUULL II) USD $4.46 [3 bids]
PAUL McCARTNEY McCARTNEY II WITH BONUS 7-INCH SINGLE STILL IN SHRINK W/STICKER USD $275.00 Buy It Now 2h 5m
DJ QUIK Best of Rare ADVNCE TST PRESS PROMO DJ CD w/ 2nd II NONE USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Bob Dylan - Greatest Hits Vol. II - Columbia - 2LP - VG++ USD $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Pretenders-II-LP-Real-K 56.924-Vinyl Record-NM-Portugal USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Used Neil Diamond 12 Greatest Hits Vol. II CD USD $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Monty Alexander/Ray Brown/Herb Ellis-Triple Treat II -Concord 193 rare cassette USD $5.53 [0 bids]
USD $8.99 Buy It Now
PRODIGY Fire / Jericho GENASIDE II REMIX SEALED LTD CD LIAM HOWLETT earthbound USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
PURPURA lp II argentina ID# 30481 1983 HARD ROCK FEMALE VOCALS-1984 VERTIGO 2416 USD $50.00 Buy It Now 2h 13m
"CLASSICS LIVE II" AEROSMITH CASSETTE VG+ USD $2.54 Buy It Now 2h 15m
VERNON GARRETT - I'M AT THE CROSSROADS PART I/ I'M AT THE CROSSROADS PART II USD $1.37 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Stars On Longplay Record I & II Two Lot LP Vinyl Music Hit Sampler NM Radio 1981 USD $7.98 Buy It Now 2h 15m
ATAXIA AW II~NEW & SEALED LP RECORD~JOHN FRUSCIANTE~FIRST PRESSING 43235-1(#1) USD $19.95 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Set of 3 Madonna Cds Ray of Light True Blue & Greatest Hits Volume II (R1)(MC) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Led Zeppelin 12 Lp Vinyl Album Lot Zepplin I II 3 IV Physical Graffiti /1st-Coda USD $325.00 Buy It Now 2h 17m
The Beta Band - Hot Shots II (2) (CD 2001) USD $6.02 Buy It Now 2h 17m
TERMANOLOGY-CAMEO KING II CD NEW USD $15.82 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Mozart: String Quartets, Vol.II by David Geber (CD, MusicMasters) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Moonlight Serenaders "El Parang Vol. II" Islands Latin Calypso LP Tropico USD $15.50 [6 bids]
Justin Bieber - Under The Mistletoe (2011 CD) Feat. Mariah Carey/Boyz II Men USD $5.50 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Use Your Illusion II [PA] by Guns N' Roses (CD, Sep-1991, Geffen) USD $0.99 [1 bids]
Back II da Basics by Ginuwine (CD, Nov-2005, Epic (USA)) USD $9.02 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Vcd x 2 MICHAEL JACKSON History On Film Vol.II VIDEO 1995 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
1 CENT CD Tales of 1001 Nights Volume II - Renaissance SEALED USD $1.42 [4 bids]
Ray Conniff "Concert in Rhythm II" 33LP Record Columbia CS-1415 VG USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 27m
CD* Fiddle Tunes From Orsa II - VA ** GULIS ERIK ANDERSSON * IMPORT ** USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 29m
The Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary Pope John Paul II Catholic Prayers Dana New USD $9.03 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Kyozo Nishioka Dylan II JAPAN MINI LP SLEEVE CD OBI 5 CD + Promo Box ???? USD $26.00 [6 bids]
Various Artists - Natural Blues II (2001 29 TRACKS NEW AFRICAN AND US BLUES USD $2.64 [0 bids]
ALMA Y VIDA lp II argentina ID# 01312 1971 RCA 1222 EX EX+ automat77 rare hard t USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2h 33m
ALMENDRA lp EN OBRAS I Y II argentina ID# 46249 1980- 2 SINGLE LPS ALMENDRA 713 USD $150.00 Buy It Now 2h 33m
ALMENDRA lp II argentina ID# 01341 2LP-MONO RCA 6001 VG+ EX automat77 rare hard USD $250.00 Buy It Now 2h 33m
ALMENDRA lp II argentina ID# 01343 2LP-STEREO RCA 6001 EX- EX automat77 rare har USD $235.00 Buy It Now 2h 34m
ANACRUSA lp II argentina ID# 01525 1973-FIRST PRESSING REDONDEL 808 EX EX+ autom USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Themes from Masterpiece Theatre Volume II vinyl LP SEALED USD $7.99 [0 bids]
BILLY BOND-LA PESADA lp VOLUMEN II ROCKS + BLUES argentina ID# 04426 1972 MH 130 USD $300.00 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Nine Below Zero by Sonny Boy Williamson II (CD 2004, Indigo) Trumpet Records USD $14.00 Buy It Now 2h 37m
David Murray SOLO VOL.II -solo tenor saxohone- Italy 1980 Cecma 1002lp USD $30.00 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Boyz II men-Can't let her go-1997 12" Promo single USD $7.52 Buy It Now 2h 38m
TANTUM ERGO II: THE ULTIMATE LATIN COLLECTION - NEW CD USD $10.02 Buy It Now 2h 38m
VG+ Led Zeppelin 2 II SD 8236 VPI Cleaned LP George Piros Side 2 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 39m
EL RELOJ lp II argentina ID# 11154 1976 RCA 4401 EX+ EX+ automat77 rare hard to USD $175.00 Buy It Now 2h 39m
SCOTT BROTHERS: I Don't Wanna Lose You / Part Ii 45 (few sm label flakes) Funk USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Drone-Bleak II CDr Very obscure and limited drone release!!!! USD $2.99 [1 bids]
PENDRAGON ONCE UPON A TIME CD VOLUME II COLLECTION RARITIES 1978 ONWARDS NEW MT USD $8.00 [0 bids]
AMON DUUL II Phallus Dei Mantra 012 France 5 Tracks 1989 CD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
AMON DUUL II Wolf City Mantra 013 France 7 Tracks CD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Joshua Rifkin LP Piano Rags By Scott Joplin Vol II Nonesuch 71264 stereo USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 42m
"LUCKY THOMPSON & OSCAR PETTIFORD VOL. II" mono 1st. ABC/Paramount (1957) USD $16.00 [0 bids]
Bad Boys II [PA] by Various Artists (Cassette, May-2005, Bad Boy Entertainment) USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Paul McCartney II Two Audio Cassette 1980 Dolby USD $4.51 [0 bids]
LOS GATOS lp II argentina ID# 22537 STEREO RCA 50391 NM NM automat77 rare hard t USD $45.00 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Kill II This - Another Cross II Bare - Visible Noise Heavy Metal Import NEW CD USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
LOS GATOS lp II argentina ID# 22543 ORIGINAL RCA 1141 EX- EX- automat77 rare har USD $60.00 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Street Fighter II Import Soundtrack. S-28 USD $9.02 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Cooleyhighharmony (Spanish) - Boyz II Men (CD 1993) USD $1.99 Buy It Now 2h 45m
CD/Japan- QUEEN II JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW SEALED USD $12.99 [0 bids]
CD andromeda ~ USD $14.74

More places to buy ANDROMEDA music online Buy ANDROMEDA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANDROMEDA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANDROMEDA II = I ratings distribution

ANDROMEDA II = I reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars This is the second album of Sweden band formed in 1999. They released their debut "Extension of The Wish" in 2001. There is a change in line-up since the debut album with new lead singer David Fremberg and the exit of previous bass player Gert Daun. The bass line is now taken care by the guitar player Johan Reinholdz. Basically it has transformed from five-piece to four-piece band. The rest of the band members are intact: Thomas Lejon looks after drum stools and Martin Herdin (keyboards).

The band has a potential future as great band in progressive metal arena. This album represents their existence in this arena demonstrating their ability to compose and deliver their music with power and energy. Using Mike Portnoy's view of sort of progressive metal elements (*), this album is heavy (70%), progressive (10%) and melodic (20%). Despite its power and energy, the album is (sometimes) lacking in structure and harmony, I would say. It's probably a mixing / production issue.

Having been opened with soft keyboard and guitar, "Encyclopedia" blasts off with heavy riffs and speed bass line followed by vocal. The music flows in full energy with soft guitar riffs at background. At tempo change, during transition, guitar takes its solo part augmented with symphonic keyboard at background. To my personal taste, the harmony between guitar riffs and drum is a bit lacking. It sounds rough to my ears. At approx min 4:50 - the part where the voice is backed with solo drum and keyboard punch - it does not sound natural to me. This track has a very good guitar solo (in the vein of classic rock music) at the ending part. Unfortunately . this guitar solo has to end not in natural way - it fades out and replaced by tape loop of percussion sound. Uughh . what a regret!

"Mirages" starts off with heavy guitar riffs / solo followed by drumming. The voice line enters the scene with the riffs at the back. There is nice keyboard work combined with guitar solo accompanying the vocal. The guitar solo during interlude is stunning.

"Reaching Deep Within" kicks off with a guitar and keyboard works followed by drum and bass. Again, it sounds to me that this part is lacking harmony and melody. It sounds rough. The riffs produced during the voice line are simple but a bit boring to me. To me, this is a straight forward metal tune. "Two Is One" is the longest track (10:09) . It starts with a nice guitar fills followed by slow tempo music to feature voice line. No guitar riffs at this part. The tempo moves faster at approx min 4:00 with higher tone voice line. The guitar riffs start to roll in the middle of the track augmented with good keyboard sound. The combination of guitar and keyboard solo during interlude / transitions is really good.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is an upbeat instrumental piece demonstrating keyboard and guitar sounds. It's a very good composition. I like the harmony of two sounds (keyboard and guitar) in the middle of the track (approx min 4:00) onward. It actually can be better if the mixing is improved as it sounds bit rough to me.

"Castaway" is a mellow track performed in ballad style. The vocal harmony is excellent, the piano fills are stunning. No riffs; guitar is played with fills. No drumming. Solo piano is wonderful. I can hear that the lead singer voice in low register is very good. It's a melodic and relaxing track.

"Parasite" blows off with heavy music and it flows in typical prog met music. The music turns quieter in the middle of the track with great keyboard and voice line. This part is really nice. I can hear sort of jazz/fusion influence in this track.

"One In My Head" starts off with a melodic piano / keyboard touch followed by upbeat music with excellent guitar and keyboard. This track has relatively long instrumental as the vocal takes off around the middle of the track. Despite good performance, this track is lacking in structure (music wise) and mixing (production wise).

"This Fragile Surface" is probably the most symphonic one compared to the other tracks. Yes, there are guitar riffs still but it only accentuates the bars during the voice line. The guitar solo and keyboard work are really wonderful and melodic. This is an excellent track well positioned to conclude the album.

Overall this album is good but not essential. However, I would still recommend this album for those of you who like progressive metal music like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Ice Age, Pain of Salvation, Evergrey, etc. Rating: 3.25/5. GW, Indonesia.

Reference: (*) Interview with Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater as it can be seen from DREAM THEATER "Live at Budokan" DVD - disc 2. It's a simple and practical definition of progressive metal genre, I think.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#18850) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 16, 2004

Review by AtLossForWords
4 stars Relatively new Prog Metal band from Sweden brings nostalgia of Dream Theater.

Andromeda is a Progressive Metal band from Sweden. I have almost nothing but comments from this great and relatively new band. II=I is there second studio release. When one listens to it, the elements of a dark emotional sound with an excellent mix hard and soft matierial will become apparent.

The album is written similar to Dream Theater. Throughout all of the album there are jazzy overtones complimenting the funk-styled rythym playing. Thomas LeJon is a Progressive Metal drummer with talents that can compare even to Mike Portnoy and Virgil Donati. Johan Reinholdz is one of the very best young progressive metal guitarists. On certain occaisions his playing can excel ahead of players like John Petrucci. The future is very bright for this young guitarist (who doubles on bass). His styled is extremely smooth and jazzy, truly a pleasure to listen to. Martin Hedin is also an apt keyboardist. Hedin has excellent skill, but lacks synth sound creativity. The only complaint I really have are the vocals from David Fremberg. He fits the band somewhat nicely, but he has trouble in some of the more delicate tracks. If his voice matures enough to sing smoother in softer parts, he also has a bright future.

The album is quite a piece of work. The opening track Encyclopedia imeadiately gets the listener thinking about the lyrics. The title track Two Is One is a Progressive art. The song has a special touch to it to keep building with emotion while staying calm musically. The track finally starts to climax at the end which was a perfect lead to the next track, the insturmental Morphing Into Nothing. The insturmental shows off the amazing insturmental talents this band has. It's even comparable to Dance of Eternity by Dream Theater, but it's longer and showcases more guitars than keyboards.

The production isn't lively, but it really fits the album. The tones are dark and subtle. Even the drums have a certain bleakness to their tone. The bass isn't noticeable, but Johan Reinholdz makes his living in this band as a guitarist, not a bassist. The keyboards are my only complaint as they are somewhat uncreative with the tone selection.

The music is definately five star quality, but the band is young and I'm sure to see better work from them in the future. A 4 star rating is adequate.

Send comments to AtLossForWords (BETA) | Report this review (#62482) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 30, 2005

3 stars After the success of their debut "Extension Of The Wish" they follow it up with an allbum that seems to be more focused on the vocallist (and songs) and less on the instrumental work (that is their strength). Well, for whatever reason this one does not hold up well to their first one.

"Encyclopedia" features lots of tempo shifts good guitar and heavy drums. I enjoy the lighter passages a lot, especially the guitar melodies.There seems to be a dark undercurrent throughout this song. "Mirages" opens with slow, heavy riffs with some good guitar solos and keyboard flurries. "Reaching Deep Within" is a song that employs the background synths I like so much. Lots of riffs too. "Two Is One" is the longest song here and the first half is mellow with piano and soft vocals while the second half is more uptempo and heavy.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is a full speed ahead instrumental. These guys can play ! "Castaway" has some reserved vocals and beautiful piano melodies. "Parasite" is all over the place with lots of mood and tempo shifts. The aggressive vocals that come and go don't do much for me at all. "One In My Head" opens with piano and has some complex arrangments. This is an interesting,well done song. We don't get vocals until almost 4 minutes in. "This Fragile Surface" has keyboard melodies all through it and lots of tempo changes as well.

Good album but I don't think i'd recommend it when there is so much good Prog-Metal out there that is much better than this one.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#112228) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 15, 2007

Review by CCVP
4 stars Thank God the title of the album is a lie!

After a relatively successful debut, Andromeda 2 years later release a brand new studio album entitled II=I. However, they changed their vocalist and that is a major change for the better, since David Fremberg vocals are better than Lawrence Mackrory to Andromeda's music. I mean, David Fremberg's vocals fit much better in Andromeda's music than Lawrence Mackrory's vocals, what is ultimately proven when they re-release their debut with Fremberg singing. Another interesting change is that their original bass players is also gone and, because of that, their guitarist Johan Reinholdz played the bass at the recording sessions. The result was very good, but Johan Reinholdz would still be the band's guitarist, after they found the new bass player, which is Fabian Gustavsson now.

Anyway, in Two is One Andromeda present themselves in a much darker mood than the one seen in Extension of the Wish. The songs are still played on the frantic speed they were on the debut, but now they (at least most of them) sound heavier and are in minor scales, what is responsible for the darker or sadder mood here. However, they still have some nice soft songs here, like Two is One and Castaway.

About the songs, musicianship and other features, there are some things i would like to state:

Andromeda's main characteristic is most certainly their incredible instrumental work, specially the guitars and the keyboards / pianos, and this albums shows it perfectly. From the incredible opening of Encyclopedia till This Fragile Surface both the guitars and the keyboards are blasting and the drums make it very round, smooth and complete. However, the musicianship of all players is incredible, in a positive way.

The highlights are: Encyclopedia (one of their best songs ever), Mirages, Two Is One, Morphing Into Nothing, One in my Head and This Fragile Surface.

Grade and Final Thoughts

With a new vocalist, Andromeda definitely reached the next level here, making music that is worthy to be considered and respected in the progressive metal scene. This album is all good, having no bad songs in my opinion, with some considerable highlights. Because of that this album deserves 4 stars.

Send comments to CCVP (BETA) | Report this review (#183898) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 27, 2008

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Andromeda second release from 2003 was a pleasent surprise for me from the biggining 3 years ago. This swedish prog metal band did a great job here mixing Dream Theater elements with groovy and intrsting arrangemets. I like this kind of prog metal up tempo, fast , slow depends how the mood changes, everything on this second release named II=I is a winner to my ears. Ok the influences are obvious taken from DT but they have also some personality in their work here aswell. LIke very much what the keyboard player Marin Hedin done here, really, something great in full of excellent chops, not to mention the drumer who is very sure of his instrument and created a real solit shythm section with the bass player, great. The voice is a new one on this album face the previous one the debute. I don't know the first album, but the voice of David Fremberg is good and fits very well here. This album has everything to become a great release in the future, complexity, progressive metal that pleases every fan, me included. Every single piece is great, showing that Andromeda is a force in this subgenre, not only followers , but real progressive metal band with talented musicians. 3.5 rounded to 4 .Still the instrumental one Morphing Into Nothing and Encyclopedia are real killers.Looking forward for another album to listen .

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#218716) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 28, 2009

4 stars 'Extension of the Wish', Andromeda's debut, happens to be one of my favourite albums of all time, so it's pretty obvious that these guys sure have a lot of hard work in store for them if they wish to top it. Sadly, I don't think 'II = I' quite lives up to the standards set by 'Extension...', but thi ... (read more)

Report this review (#220265) | Posted by Valarius | Monday, June 08, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If well, their first album was a good debut, although not too original. On this two is one there's much more variety, audacity and many refreshing music passages mixed in the exact moment with the right elements. This not means a musical evolution, but it's an important step on the path for gett ... (read more)

Report this review (#165080) | Posted by Epsilon | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Powerful power metal band, Andromeda was always a band sitting in my library collecting dust. Till one day I decided to give them a listen. And I'd have to say that I was impressed with what I heard for the raw metal and harsh vocals. II=I is a great album with some really good songs. Such as ... (read more)

Report this review (#142475) | Posted by Xeroth | Sunday, October 07, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars After a blazing first album, this one is really a huge step down. Extension was a very up-tempo and technical. It was a fresh sound for progressive metal. In this album, however, the band regresses into cliched themes and sounds. Even the vocalist, who was so expressive and wonderful in extensi ... (read more)

Report this review (#88932) | Posted by SolariS | Monday, September 04, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Excellent disc of the Swedish band ANDROMEDA, al to perish is another very good band that it comes from Scandinavian, that zone where this concentrating very good bands, is the new cluster of bands that are bringing forth talents worthy to turn around to see handle leaves from the earth, where ... (read more)

Report this review (#88639) | Posted by Shelket | Friday, September 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I select around 40 cd's to go on holiday in my black box, and like my review of ASCENSION THEORY, this goes with it. Several earlier views sum up the album, brilliant.Mixtures of fast hard rock/metals and more mellow sounds are the ingridents for a great album,unlike the 3rd album Chimera whic ... (read more)

Report this review (#82076) | Posted by | Tuesday, June 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The 2nd studio release by Sweden's Andromeda. Although there are elements of other prog-metal bands they have created their own distinctively style full of synthesizer and effects. All the musicians are on a quite high niveau if you consider they're all about 20! The music changes from heavy pas ... (read more)

Report this review (#53770) | Posted by W.Chuck | Saturday, October 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars this album commands nothing less than five stars. Not one bad song in the bunch. it is beautiful from start to finish. every song has a beautiful into. there is a nice balance of metal and mellow stuff. the keyboards are fantastic. the guitars are perfect, even reminds me of John Petrucci, who ... (read more)

Report this review (#18854) | Posted by daleplate | Thursday, April 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Dissapointing. I purchased this album after recieving several recommendations and thats the only way I can describe it. Andromeda serves up a prog metal, 9 track album that is riddled with cliches and suffers horribly from derivititus. Its hard to fault the band from a technical perspective, t ... (read more)

Report this review (#18853) | Posted by | Wednesday, February 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The first album - Extension of the Wish - is the best metal album I have ever heard... this one didn't quite live up to expectations but is a great album nontheless. First album had very little vocals and relied more on the amazing skills of Johan Reinholdz. This album the focus has been taken of ... (read more)

Report this review (#18846) | Posted by | Wednesday, December 17, 2003 | Review Permanlink

4 stars An awesome Band! Andromeda is great: heavy, progressive, technical... I haven´t heard the first album, but II=I is very, very good. Great Vocals, superb guitars, ingenious keyboards and powerful drums. Sure they best effort is yet to come. ... (read more)

Report this review (#18845) | Posted by | Friday, November 14, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANDROMEDA "II = I"