II = I

Buy ANDROMEDA Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Encyclopedia (7:35)
2. Mirages (5:42)
3. Reaching Deep Within (4:50)
4. Two Is One (10:09)
5. Morphing Into Nothing (7:34)
6. Castaway (6:16)
7. Parasite (6:54)
8. One In My Head (8:02)
9. This Fragile Surface (8:04)

Search ANDROMEDA II = I lyrics

Search ANDROMEDA II = I tabs

- David Fremberg / vocals
- Johan Reinholdz / guitars and bass
- Thomas Lejon / drums
- Marin Hedin / keyboards

New Hawen Records CD 45004-2

ANDROMEDA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANDROMEDA II = I Music

II=III=I
Century Media 2003
Ii = IIi = I
Inner Wound Recordings 2014
II=I by Andromeda (2003-03-11)II=I by Andromeda (2003-03-11)
Century Media
Ii = I by Andromeda (2014-01-21)Ii = I by Andromeda (2014-01-21)
Inner Wound Recordings

MAYNARD FERGUSON Hot LP 1979 Vinyl Rocky II Disco Theme from Star Trek Gabriel USD $12.99 Buy It Now
NURSERY SCHOOL Sweepstakes x3 Part 1 II M&M mix John Morales Sergio Munzibal USD $9.99 Buy It Now
The Best Of THE GUESS WHO volume II Burton Cummings Albert Flasher Rain Dance USD $8.99 Buy It Now
Boyz II Men CD Nathan Michael Shawn Wanya - Enhanced - New, Sealed! *Free Ship USD $7.98 Buy It Now
Back II Da Basics Ginuwine CD USD $22.01 Buy It Now
John Hiatt Riding With the King Mobile Fidelity MFSL Ultradisc II 24kt Gold Disc USD $22.99 [0 bids]
DOOBIE BROTHERS Best of The Doobies Volume II 2 Vinyl LP What A Fool Believes USD $6.97 Buy It Now
LORETTA LYNN Lynn's Greatest Hits Volume II Vol. 2 MCA Hey One's On The Way USD $9.99 Buy It Now
HAROLD MELVIN & THE BLUE NOTES - BAD LUCK PT 1/PT II 45 RPM 1975 USD $1.77 Buy It Now
SKEETER DAVIS Best Of Volume 2 Vol. II LP Vinyl SEALED One Tin Soldier APL1-0190 USD $39.99 Buy It Now
CAROLS FOR CHRISTMAS II 2 David Willcocks Royal College of Music Digital 18699 USD $19.99 Buy It Now
The Music of Elliot Lawrence Mobile Fidelity MFSL Ultradisc II 24k Gold Disc Sld USD $31.49 [0 bids]
Van Halen II by Van Halen (Vinyl, Sep-2013, City Hall) USD $7.99 [0 bids]
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
Love Songs from WW II - 4 CD Set USD $10.95 Buy It Now
Coronation Music for Charles II Oltremontano Audio CD USD $21.85 Buy It Now
Film Spectacular Vol II 2 - Stanley Black (LP 1964 London SP-44031) NM/NEW USD $19.99 Buy It Now
GUINNESS beer stout RECORD ALBUM by Trinity II ~Irish music breweriana MUG COVER USD $9.99 Buy It Now
A New Life Part II [Vinyl] Saffronkeira Vinyl USD $42.11 Buy It Now
Homenaje A S.S. Juan Pablo Ii [CD New] USD $6.61 Buy It Now
K2HD Montage II New CD USD $40.17 Buy It Now
II by Boyz II Men (CD, Sep-1994, Motown (Record Label)) USD $1.00 Buy It Now
LED ZEPPELIN II 2 BLUE VINYL LP Repro Reissue MEXICO jacket art MINT MINUS sm235 USD $75.00 [0 bids]
Big Band Tribute To The Skatalites Vol. Ii Vinyl USD $29.70 Buy It Now
George Frideric Handel, Trio Sinatas for 2 Oboes & Continuo, Vol II USD $7.43 Buy It Now
Evolution by Boyz II Men (CD, Sep-1997, Motown (Record Label)) USD $1.99 Buy It Now
Kiss the Boys Goodbye: Classic Songs from World War II, Vol. 1 Audio CD New USD $8.77 Buy It Now
Black and White II Audio CD New USD $8.77 Buy It Now
Star Wars Episode II Attack Of The Clones Soundtrack CD Lot Sealed John Williams USD $55.99 Buy It Now
NEW - A Deeper Faith II by Tesh, John USD $0.99 Buy It Now
SHAGGER'S DELIGHT Vol II Sealed New LP SWALLOWS FIVE ROYALES OTIS WILLIAMS TINY USD $12.77 Buy It Now
Johann Sebastian Bach CD The Well Tempered Clavier Part II Volume one Digital USD $3.99 Buy It Now
Glen Gray Casa Loma Orchestra - Sounds of the Great Bands! 2 II (LP)(BF) VG++/ USD $3.99 Buy It Now
The Best Air Guitar Album in the World... Vol II, Various Artists, Very Good USD $1.31 Buy It Now
My Father's Place, New York 1978, Loudon Wainwright II, 5060446120460 USD $15.01 Buy It Now
Acoustic Philosophy II Audio CD USD $12.41 Buy It Now
R682 MOZART CORONATION MASS POPE JOHN PAUL II KARAJAN DG DGG DIGITAL STEREO USD $15.00 Buy It Now
Bob Marley and The Wailers - Soul Revolution Part II 2 *JACKET DAMAGED* (LP) USD $9.99 Buy It Now
THE DYLAN II-SECOND +4 -JAPAN MINI LP HQCD G09 USD $30.99 Buy It Now
Tarantino Experience Take II, Various Artists, 7798141331550 USD $11.25 Buy It Now
Live Cream Volume II [LP], New Music USD $28.90 Buy It Now
DANZIG Black Aria II LP PICTURE DISC misfits rare oop UNPLAYED USD $34.99 Buy It Now
8-Track FRANK ZAPPA Joe's Garage Act II & III USD $19.99 Buy It Now
TOLLWUT VOL II CD OI ISD [email protected] SKINHEAD ROCK O RAMA REBELLES EUROPEENS ROR SKIN 88 USD $9.99 Buy It Now
City Hunter - Dramatic Master II JAPAN 2CD 1990 ESCB-1029~30 YEN4000 USD $11.04 Buy It Now
LL COOL J Mr. Smith *Fat Joe Boyz II Men Foxy Brown Kieth MurrayEast Coast rap USD $3.00 Buy It Now
Viva Los Angeles II (2 x LP + Booklet 1990 REVI-005, Italy Press) VG/NM USD $29.99 Buy It Now
Blade II (2) Original Soundtrack CD - Like New USD $12.24 Buy It Now
Soundscapes II Rainer Stegmann Audio CD USD $20.77 Buy It Now
THE MUSIC OF WORLD WAR II 4 COMPACT DISCS (CDS) METICULOUSLY RESTORED USD $9.95 Buy It Now
SOUL II SOUL : CLUB CLASSICS VOL.ONE : (CD, 10 TRACKS, 1989) USD $3.88 Buy It Now
Isiphiwo Samadlozi Gift of the Ancestors II CD Joe Hlupheka Bayana Autographed 2 USD $20.00 Buy It Now
Donald Lawrence & Co.-The Law Of Confession Pt 1 (CD 2009)Gospel~ss~Back II Eden USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Led Zeppelin II, CD. USD $3.00 [0 bids]
HOSTEL: PART II - SOUNDTRACK CD 2007 [4005939683122] USD $5.99 Buy It Now
Executions II, , Very Good DVD-Video USD $1.31 Buy It Now
David Houston - Greatest Hits Vol. II - 1972 - NOS - SEALED - EPIC - STEREO USD $5.00 Buy It Now
Johann Strauss II: Piano Transcriptions, New Music USD $11.63 Buy It Now
ULLI BÖGERSHAUSEN - CHRISTMAS CAROLS II CD - 20 TRACKS - NEW+ USD $25.17 Buy It Now
Force One Network - Soul Network Program II Rap CD Tupac Dave Hollister - 1997 USD $8.00 Buy It Now
MEATLOAF BAT OUT OF HELL II CASSETTE, MCA USD $6.88 Buy It Now
The Gap Band / The Gap Band II / The Gap Band III The Gap Band Audio CD USD $19.78 Buy It Now
Boyz Ii Men - Motown: A Journey Through Hitsville Usa [CD New] USD $11.22 Buy It Now
Ii Transmuter, Gencab, 0775020893221 USD $14.29 Buy It Now
ED MONTANO II Tales of Eternity CD OOP 1993 Private Press 80s 90s Prog Hard Rock USD $14.99 Buy It Now
Ministry of Sound Anthems II, Various Artists, Very Good Box set USD $1.31 Buy It Now
MARIAH CAREY "CHRISTMAS II YOU" CD+DVD SPECIAL EDT NEW+ USD $24.18 Buy It Now
PUPPET MASTER I & II [SOUNDTRACK] NEW USD $14.87 Buy It Now
Estacion Eden - Guitar Works from Uruguay II, Gustavo Pazos Conde, 8712618626177 USD $18.58 Buy It Now
Horse Meat Disco II by Horse Meat Disco (CD, Jun-2010, Strut) USD $11.01 Buy It Now
CHAPTER II Dance, Dance, Dance / Do What You Want To Do 45 Morrhythm 011 FUNK USD $8.79 Buy It Now
ERIC CLAPTON ~Time Pieces II: 'Live' in the 70s *CD* ~HARD ROCK/POP GUITAR ~VGd USD $1.63 Buy It Now
Music From Renaissance Portugal II, 0794638027729 USD $14.81 Buy It Now
N-da-Game - II Much (CD NEW RARE OOP) DALLAS TX RAP 2 Much C-Nile USD $31.99 Buy It Now
THE SONGS OF WW II 4 CD DISC BOX SET USD $14.00 Buy It Now
OLDFIELD,MIKE-TUBULAR BELLS II CD NEW USD $20.67 Buy It Now
KRAUSS,VIKTOR-II CD NEW USD $15.39 Buy It Now
SEAL-SEAL II CD NEW USD $6.65 Buy It Now
BORIS-BELIEVE IN THE MUSIC II CD NEW USD $12.54 Buy It Now
SINATRA, FRANK-DUETS/DUETS II-90TH CD NEW USD $20.56 Buy It Now
HURT-VOL. II CD NEW USD $11.18 Buy It Now
SPINNERS - MIGHTY LOVE PT I/PT II 45 RPM USD $2.77 Buy It Now
SILENCE - Silence I + II CD ** BRAND NEW : STILL SEALED RARE ** USD $69.25 Buy It Now
SILENCE - Silence I + II CD ** Like New / Mint RARE ** USD $48.75 Buy It Now
THE 3 M's. II. private press STEREO LP. FOLK. ST. PAUL, MN USD $18.75 Buy It Now
LP: W W II * Willie Nelson / Waylon Jennings 1982 RCA "Mr Shuck USD $10.99 Buy It Now
II D EXTREME "You Got Me Goin" feat Cormega '96 US 12" RnB/Hip-Hop NM Vinyl USD $6.81 Buy It Now
VG Jim Gamble "Going Down the Road" Part I & Part II Kris Records RARE Blues 45! USD $9.57 [0 bids]
MARIAH CAREY "MERRY CHRISTMAS II YOU" CD NEW+ USD $26.32 Buy It Now
BOYZ II MEN END OF THE ROAD CD SINGLE AUSTRALIA 4 TRACKS USD $6.18 Buy It Now
BOYZ II MEN ON BENDED KNEE AUSTRALIAN 4 TRACK CD SINGLE CARD SLEEVE USD $6.18 Buy It Now
J.B.'S INTERNATIONALS Jam II Disco Fever POLYDOR FUNK MODERN SOUL BOOGIE Promo USD $19.99 Buy It Now
OSTROCK X-MAS II CD MIT PANKOW UVM. NEW+ USD $14.62 Buy It Now
Body Horror II [VINYL] Vinyl USD $13.30 Buy It Now
BOB DYLAN'S GREATEST HITS VOL. II KG31120 VINYL 2X LP 1971 PLAYS GREAT! VG+/VG!! USD $14.00 Buy It Now
WORLD TOUR II-CUBA LIBRE 2 CD 32 TRACKS WORLDMUSIC VICTOR MANUELLE,CLUBS LA NEW+ USD $21.09 Buy It Now
WORLD TOUR II-CELTIC MYTHS 2 CD GARY MOORE,KINNELL,P. DOWNES,KATE BUSH UVM NEW+ USD $21.09 Buy It Now
Karlheinz Stockhausen Mikrophonie I & II PROMO copy Columbia MS7355 USD $39.00 Buy It Now
CRYSTAL GAYLE/GLEN CAMPBELL/ANNE MURRAY-CONTEMPORARY COUNTRY VOL.II- 2LP RED-NM USD $8.99 Buy It Now
JUAN GABRIEL CD RECUERDOS II (NEW) USD $2.99 [0 bids]
WORLD TOUR II-REGGAE RULES 2 CD BOB MARLEY,ZIGGI,BLACK UHURU,DENNIS BROWN NEW+ USD $21.09 Buy It Now

More places to buy ANDROMEDA music online Buy ANDROMEDA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANDROMEDA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANDROMEDA II = I ratings distribution

ANDROMEDA II = I reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars This is the second album of Sweden band formed in 1999. They released their debut "Extension of The Wish" in 2001. There is a change in line-up since the debut album with new lead singer David Fremberg and the exit of previous bass player Gert Daun. The bass line is now taken care by the guitar player Johan Reinholdz. Basically it has transformed from five-piece to four-piece band. The rest of the band members are intact: Thomas Lejon looks after drum stools and Martin Herdin (keyboards).

The band has a potential future as great band in progressive metal arena. This album represents their existence in this arena demonstrating their ability to compose and deliver their music with power and energy. Using Mike Portnoy's view of sort of progressive metal elements (*), this album is heavy (70%), progressive (10%) and melodic (20%). Despite its power and energy, the album is (sometimes) lacking in structure and harmony, I would say. It's probably a mixing / production issue.

Having been opened with soft keyboard and guitar, "Encyclopedia" blasts off with heavy riffs and speed bass line followed by vocal. The music flows in full energy with soft guitar riffs at background. At tempo change, during transition, guitar takes its solo part augmented with symphonic keyboard at background. To my personal taste, the harmony between guitar riffs and drum is a bit lacking. It sounds rough to my ears. At approx min 4:50 - the part where the voice is backed with solo drum and keyboard punch - it does not sound natural to me. This track has a very good guitar solo (in the vein of classic rock music) at the ending part. Unfortunately . this guitar solo has to end not in natural way - it fades out and replaced by tape loop of percussion sound. Uughh . what a regret!

"Mirages" starts off with heavy guitar riffs / solo followed by drumming. The voice line enters the scene with the riffs at the back. There is nice keyboard work combined with guitar solo accompanying the vocal. The guitar solo during interlude is stunning.

"Reaching Deep Within" kicks off with a guitar and keyboard works followed by drum and bass. Again, it sounds to me that this part is lacking harmony and melody. It sounds rough. The riffs produced during the voice line are simple but a bit boring to me. To me, this is a straight forward metal tune. "Two Is One" is the longest track (10:09) . It starts with a nice guitar fills followed by slow tempo music to feature voice line. No guitar riffs at this part. The tempo moves faster at approx min 4:00 with higher tone voice line. The guitar riffs start to roll in the middle of the track augmented with good keyboard sound. The combination of guitar and keyboard solo during interlude / transitions is really good.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is an upbeat instrumental piece demonstrating keyboard and guitar sounds. It's a very good composition. I like the harmony of two sounds (keyboard and guitar) in the middle of the track (approx min 4:00) onward. It actually can be better if the mixing is improved as it sounds bit rough to me.

"Castaway" is a mellow track performed in ballad style. The vocal harmony is excellent, the piano fills are stunning. No riffs; guitar is played with fills. No drumming. Solo piano is wonderful. I can hear that the lead singer voice in low register is very good. It's a melodic and relaxing track.

"Parasite" blows off with heavy music and it flows in typical prog met music. The music turns quieter in the middle of the track with great keyboard and voice line. This part is really nice. I can hear sort of jazz/fusion influence in this track.

"One In My Head" starts off with a melodic piano / keyboard touch followed by upbeat music with excellent guitar and keyboard. This track has relatively long instrumental as the vocal takes off around the middle of the track. Despite good performance, this track is lacking in structure (music wise) and mixing (production wise).

"This Fragile Surface" is probably the most symphonic one compared to the other tracks. Yes, there are guitar riffs still but it only accentuates the bars during the voice line. The guitar solo and keyboard work are really wonderful and melodic. This is an excellent track well positioned to conclude the album.

Overall this album is good but not essential. However, I would still recommend this album for those of you who like progressive metal music like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Ice Age, Pain of Salvation, Evergrey, etc. Rating: 3.25/5. GW, Indonesia.

Reference: (*) Interview with Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater as it can be seen from DREAM THEATER "Live at Budokan" DVD - disc 2. It's a simple and practical definition of progressive metal genre, I think.

Review by AtLossForWords
4 stars Relatively new Prog Metal band from Sweden brings nostalgia of Dream Theater.

Andromeda is a Progressive Metal band from Sweden. I have almost nothing but comments from this great and relatively new band. II=I is there second studio release. When one listens to it, the elements of a dark emotional sound with an excellent mix hard and soft matierial will become apparent.

The album is written similar to Dream Theater. Throughout all of the album there are jazzy overtones complimenting the funk-styled rythym playing. Thomas LeJon is a Progressive Metal drummer with talents that can compare even to Mike Portnoy and Virgil Donati. Johan Reinholdz is one of the very best young progressive metal guitarists. On certain occaisions his playing can excel ahead of players like John Petrucci. The future is very bright for this young guitarist (who doubles on bass). His styled is extremely smooth and jazzy, truly a pleasure to listen to. Martin Hedin is also an apt keyboardist. Hedin has excellent skill, but lacks synth sound creativity. The only complaint I really have are the vocals from David Fremberg. He fits the band somewhat nicely, but he has trouble in some of the more delicate tracks. If his voice matures enough to sing smoother in softer parts, he also has a bright future.

The album is quite a piece of work. The opening track Encyclopedia imeadiately gets the listener thinking about the lyrics. The title track Two Is One is a Progressive art. The song has a special touch to it to keep building with emotion while staying calm musically. The track finally starts to climax at the end which was a perfect lead to the next track, the insturmental Morphing Into Nothing. The insturmental shows off the amazing insturmental talents this band has. It's even comparable to Dance of Eternity by Dream Theater, but it's longer and showcases more guitars than keyboards.

The production isn't lively, but it really fits the album. The tones are dark and subtle. Even the drums have a certain bleakness to their tone. The bass isn't noticeable, but Johan Reinholdz makes his living in this band as a guitarist, not a bassist. The keyboards are my only complaint as they are somewhat uncreative with the tone selection.

The music is definately five star quality, but the band is young and I'm sure to see better work from them in the future. A 4 star rating is adequate.

3 stars After the success of their debut "Extension Of The Wish" they follow it up with an allbum that seems to be more focused on the vocallist (and songs) and less on the instrumental work (that is their strength). Well, for whatever reason this one does not hold up well to their first one.

"Encyclopedia" features lots of tempo shifts good guitar and heavy drums. I enjoy the lighter passages a lot, especially the guitar melodies.There seems to be a dark undercurrent throughout this song. "Mirages" opens with slow, heavy riffs with some good guitar solos and keyboard flurries. "Reaching Deep Within" is a song that employs the background synths I like so much. Lots of riffs too. "Two Is One" is the longest song here and the first half is mellow with piano and soft vocals while the second half is more uptempo and heavy.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is a full speed ahead instrumental. These guys can play ! "Castaway" has some reserved vocals and beautiful piano melodies. "Parasite" is all over the place with lots of mood and tempo shifts. The aggressive vocals that come and go don't do much for me at all. "One In My Head" opens with piano and has some complex arrangments. This is an interesting,well done song. We don't get vocals until almost 4 minutes in. "This Fragile Surface" has keyboard melodies all through it and lots of tempo changes as well.

Good album but I don't think i'd recommend it when there is so much good Prog-Metal out there that is much better than this one.

Review by CCVP
4 stars Thank God the title of the album is a lie!

After a relatively successful debut, Andromeda 2 years later release a brand new studio album entitled II=I. However, they changed their vocalist and that is a major change for the better, since David Fremberg vocals are better than Lawrence Mackrory to Andromeda's music. I mean, David Fremberg's vocals fit much better in Andromeda's music than Lawrence Mackrory's vocals, what is ultimately proven when they re-release their debut with Fremberg singing. Another interesting change is that their original bass players is also gone and, because of that, their guitarist Johan Reinholdz played the bass at the recording sessions. The result was very good, but Johan Reinholdz would still be the band's guitarist, after they found the new bass player, which is Fabian Gustavsson now.

Anyway, in Two is One Andromeda present themselves in a much darker mood than the one seen in Extension of the Wish. The songs are still played on the frantic speed they were on the debut, but now they (at least most of them) sound heavier and are in minor scales, what is responsible for the darker or sadder mood here. However, they still have some nice soft songs here, like Two is One and Castaway.

About the songs, musicianship and other features, there are some things i would like to state:

Andromeda's main characteristic is most certainly their incredible instrumental work, specially the guitars and the keyboards / pianos, and this albums shows it perfectly. From the incredible opening of Encyclopedia till This Fragile Surface both the guitars and the keyboards are blasting and the drums make it very round, smooth and complete. However, the musicianship of all players is incredible, in a positive way.

The highlights are: Encyclopedia (one of their best songs ever), Mirages, Two Is One, Morphing Into Nothing, One in my Head and This Fragile Surface.

Grade and Final Thoughts

With a new vocalist, Andromeda definitely reached the next level here, making music that is worthy to be considered and respected in the progressive metal scene. This album is all good, having no bad songs in my opinion, with some considerable highlights. Because of that this album deserves 4 stars.

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Andromeda second release from 2003 was a pleasent surprise for me from the biggining 3 years ago. This swedish prog metal band did a great job here mixing Dream Theater elements with groovy and intrsting arrangemets. I like this kind of prog metal up tempo, fast , slow depends how the mood changes, everything on this second release named II=I is a winner to my ears. Ok the influences are obvious taken from DT but they have also some personality in their work here aswell. LIke very much what the keyboard player Marin Hedin done here, really, something great in full of excellent chops, not to mention the drumer who is very sure of his instrument and created a real solit shythm section with the bass player, great. The voice is a new one on this album face the previous one the debute. I don't know the first album, but the voice of David Fremberg is good and fits very well here. This album has everything to become a great release in the future, complexity, progressive metal that pleases every fan, me included. Every single piece is great, showing that Andromeda is a force in this subgenre, not only followers , but real progressive metal band with talented musicians. 3.5 rounded to 4 .Still the instrumental one Morphing Into Nothing and Encyclopedia are real killers.Looking forward for another album to listen .

4 stars If well, their first album was a good debut, although not too original. On this two is one there's much more variety, audacity and many refreshing music passages mixed in the exact moment with the right elements. This not means a musical evolution, but it's an important step on the path for gett ... (read more)

Report this review (#165080) | Posted by Epsilon | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Powerful power metal band, Andromeda was always a band sitting in my library collecting dust. Till one day I decided to give them a listen. And I'd have to say that I was impressed with what I heard for the raw metal and harsh vocals. II=I is a great album with some really good songs. Such as ... (read more)

Report this review (#142475) | Posted by Xeroth | Sunday, October 7, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars After a blazing first album, this one is really a huge step down. Extension was a very up-tempo and technical. It was a fresh sound for progressive metal. In this album, however, the band regresses into cliched themes and sounds. Even the vocalist, who was so expressive and wonderful in extensi ... (read more)

Report this review (#88932) | Posted by SolariS | Monday, September 4, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Excellent disc of the Swedish band ANDROMEDA, al to perish is another very good band that it comes from Scandinavian, that zone where this concentrating very good bands, is the new cluster of bands that are bringing forth talents worthy to turn around to see handle leaves from the earth, where ... (read more)

Report this review (#88639) | Posted by Shelket | Friday, September 1, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I select around 40 cd's to go on holiday in my black box, and like my review of ASCENSION THEORY, this goes with it. Several earlier views sum up the album, brilliant.Mixtures of fast hard rock/metals and more mellow sounds are the ingridents for a great album,unlike the 3rd album Chimera whic ... (read more)

Report this review (#82076) | Posted by | Tuesday, June 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The 2nd studio release by Sweden's Andromeda. Although there are elements of other prog-metal bands they have created their own distinctively style full of synthesizer and effects. All the musicians are on a quite high niveau if you consider they're all about 20! The music changes from heavy pas ... (read more)

Report this review (#53770) | Posted by W.Chuck | Saturday, October 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars this album commands nothing less than five stars. Not one bad song in the bunch. it is beautiful from start to finish. every song has a beautiful into. there is a nice balance of metal and mellow stuff. the keyboards are fantastic. the guitars are perfect, even reminds me of John Petrucci, who ... (read more)

Report this review (#18854) | Posted by daleplate | Thursday, April 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Dissapointing. I purchased this album after recieving several recommendations and thats the only way I can describe it. Andromeda serves up a prog metal, 9 track album that is riddled with cliches and suffers horribly from derivititus. Its hard to fault the band from a technical perspective, t ... (read more)

Report this review (#18853) | Posted by | Wednesday, February 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The first album - Extension of the Wish - is the best metal album I have ever heard... this one didn't quite live up to expectations but is a great album nontheless. First album had very little vocals and relied more on the amazing skills of Johan Reinholdz. This album the focus has been taken of ... (read more)

Report this review (#18846) | Posted by | Wednesday, December 17, 2003 | Review Permanlink

4 stars An awesome Band! Andromeda is great: heavy, progressive, technical... I haven´t heard the first album, but II=I is very, very good. Great Vocals, superb guitars, ingenious keyboards and powerful drums. Sure they best effort is yet to come. ... (read more)

Report this review (#18845) | Posted by | Friday, November 14, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANDROMEDA "II = I"