II = I

Buy ANDROMEDA Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Encyclopedia (7:35)
2. Mirages (5:42)
3. Reaching Deep Within (4:50)
4. Two Is One (10:09)
5. Morphing Into Nothing (7:34)
6. Castaway (6:16)
7. Parasite (6:54)
8. One In My Head (8:02)
9. This Fragile Surface (8:04)

Search ANDROMEDA II = I lyrics

Search ANDROMEDA II = I tabs

- David Fremberg / vocals
- Johan Reinholdz / guitars and bass
- Thomas Lejon / drums
- Marin Hedin / keyboards

New Hawen Records CD 45004-2

ANDROMEDA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANDROMEDA II = I Music

II=III=I
Century Media 2003
Ii = IIi = I
Inner Wound Recordings 2014
II = I by Andromeda [Music CD]II = I by Andromeda [Music CD]
Inner Wound/MBM
The Royal Arch Blaspheme: II CD 2012 Hells Headbangers Records HELLS 088 NEW USD $8.95 Buy It Now 29m 4s
Bachman-Turner-Ovedrive II, Album, 1973 Mercury Records, Let It Ride, Blown LP USD $13.99 Buy It Now 31m 32s
Rock MAX'S KANSAS CITY Vol II The Brats - Grand Slam etc UK 82858 EB160 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 31m 50s
ARPEGGIO: Love And Desire Part I & II [Polydor Records, 45] Ships WORLDWIDE! USD $1.95 Buy It Now 32m 50s
Lets Start Ii Dance Again - Bohannon (2006, Vinyl New) USD $13.26 Buy It Now 33m 15s
Jack Rose - Untitled Parts I & II 7" US 2006 M/M sealed Ltd numbered USD $31.45 Buy It Now 33m 52s
COLOSSEUM II ELECTRIC SAVAGE ORIGINAL 1977 LP GARY MOORE JON HISEMAN NEAR MINT USD $13.99 Buy It Now 34m 11s
TONY BENNETT new cd DUETS II USD $7.99 Buy It Now 36m 19s
Pra Gente Miuda Ii - Pra Gente Miuda (2001, CD New) USD $19.35 Buy It Now 38m 4s
Cherryholmes II: Black and White by Cherryholmes (CD... USD $9.99 Buy It Now 40m 43s
I&I Vs. Ray Keith - Don't Get Me Wrong 12" Handwritten W/Lbl USD $3.15 Buy It Now 40m 55s
VARIOS " 25 TAMBORAZOS ZACATECANOS VOL. II USD $8.99 Buy It Now 41m 5s
45's on CD/Volume 1(56-59)/Volume II(60-66)/Volume III(66-69)/LOT USD $5.00 [0 bids]
41m 27s
Jumping in the House of God II by Various Artists (CD, Forefront Records) USD $12.59 Buy It Now 42m 14s
SUPERMAN II ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK VINYL LP LASER ETCHED 1981 WARNER BROS HS 3505 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 42m 32s
Cage - Sonata Xiii / Song Books I-Ii [CD New] USD $25.17 Buy It Now 43m 43s
Saxon - Warriors Of The Road: The Saxon Chronicles Part Ii [CD New] USD $16.07 Buy It Now 43m 59s
Revival in Belfast II (2) -- NEW CD Christian USD $20.00 Buy It Now 44m 42s
DEATH WISH II SOUNDTRACK JIMMY PAGE LED ZEPPELIN NEAR MINT VINYL USD $15.99 Buy It Now 45m 15s
Japanese 78 rpm record WW II era USD $6.99 [0 bids]
45m 47s
Phil's Spectre Ii-Another Wall Of Soundalikes [CD New] USD $13.69 Buy It Now 46m 55s
Delegation - Delegation Ii [CD New] USD $17.95 Buy It Now 46m 56s
Mirage (12) - Jack Mix II 12", P/Mixed USD $3.15 Buy It Now 48m 45s
Emerald Classics Vol II 16 Irish Favourites : Double Vinyl LP WM 100 FREE P USD $11.80 Buy It Now 48m 58s
Ub40 - Labour Of Love Volume I/II/III (platinum Collection) NEW 3 x CD USD $14.14 Buy It Now 49m 6s
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band m- 2LP Will the Circle be Unbroken Volume II USD $24.99 Buy It Now 49m 37s
Ray Anthony CD Dream Dancing II Aero Space Records RACD 1038 Deep Purple etc. USD $2.49 Buy It Now 51m 43s
PAUL HORN INSIDE Taj Mahal LP + INSIDE II / set of 2 LP's = Both vinyl look NM! USD $14.99 Buy It Now 52m 10s
Wishbone Ash-Live Dates II CD NEW USD $15.35 Buy It Now 54m 3s
Johann Strauss II: Die Gotten Der Vernunft CD NEW USD $21.24 Buy It Now 54m 14s
Johann Strauss II: Furstin Ninetta CD NEW USD $21.24 Buy It Now 54m 29s
Duets II by Frank Sinatra (CD, Nov-1994, Capitol) USD $4.99 [0 bids]
54m 55s
MIAMI VICE 2 II- TV Soundtrack Score CD JAPAN (1986-Jan Hammer/Damned) 80s USD $7.85 Buy It Now 55m 31s
Kiss Alive II LP VG+/ VG+ VIP/Casablanca - Japanese Pressing- w/Booklet USD $49.99 Buy It Now 55m 45s
Soul II Soul - 2 tapes USD $10.00 Buy It Now 55m 50s
CATHERINE McKINNON Voice Of An Angel Vol.II LP SEALED! Canada orig~country folk USD $7.50 Buy It Now 55m 58s
Billy Idol - White Wedding Parts I & II (Shot Gun Mix) 12", P/Mixed USD $3.15 Buy It Now 56m 13s
Led Zeppelin II RARE German Vinyl LP K40 037 Green/Orange Atlantic Label USD $23.59 Buy It Now 56m 19s
Misfits Collection II (CD, Oct-1995, Caroline Distribution) Punk New USD $11.86 Buy It Now 57m 20s
BOHANNON - Let's Start II Dance Again - 12" USD $13.98 Buy It Now 58m 54s
ELSA LANCHESTER More Bawdy Cockney Songs Vol. II LP Everest 2091 VG+ Vol. 2 USD $7.19 Buy It Now 1h
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells II / Two / 2 - New 180g Vinyl LP USD $32.95 Buy It Now 1h
Benny Goodman, The Famous 1938 Carnegie Hall Jazz Concert Volume II USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Bing Crosby "Crosby Classics Volume II" SM-11739 12" Record Vinyl LP RS14 USD $8.49 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Gong - Expresso II (1990)(Feat. Mick Taylor) USD $6.28 [0 bids]
CD/Japan- CHICK COREA ELEKTRIC BAND II Paint The World +1 bonus trk w/OBI RARE USD $16.95 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Louis Clark / Hooked On Classics II / Vinyl LP / 1982 USD $10.50 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Atticus: Dragging the Lake II USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
CD All Sounds of SaGa 1 2 3 (I II III) ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM GAME BOY MUSIC USD $13.07 Buy It Now 1h 5m
70's LP Elton John's Greatest Hits Volume II DJH20520 1977 Vinyl VG+ + INNER USD $12.57 Buy It Now 1h 5m
II Generation - Second Impression (Rebel SLP 1564) USD $9.99 [0 bids]
45 RPM Vinyl The Beginning Of The End Funky Nassau Part I&II Alston Record 45SM6 USD $13.49 Buy It Now 1h 6m
CD Romancing SaGa 2 (II) - Eternal Romance SUPER FAMICOM GAME MUSIC ARRANG ALBUM USD $16.14 Buy It Now 1h 6m
CD Romancing SaGa 2 (II) - Original Sound Version SQUARESOFT GAME MUSIC ALBUM USD $19.22 Buy It Now 1h 6m
CD Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Masoukishin II (2) Original Soundtrack GAME MUSIC USD $11.53 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Patrick Moraz m- promo LP Future Memories II USD $8.49 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Helloween / Keeper of the Seven Keys Part II JAPAN VDP-1380 1ST PRESS!!!!! *E USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
TITO SCHIPA - Tito Schipa II - Ex Con LP Record Lebendige Vergangenheit LV 219 USD $12.57 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Doyle Bramhall II Rare Promo Cassette Tape Roger Waters Eric Clapton SRV USD $19.00 [0 bids]
BRAIN ENO II: Vocal RARE UK 1993 Box 3CDs Super-bit ReM NM CDs USD $99.95 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Bee Gees Trafalgar 24k Gold CD MFSL Mobile Fidelity Ultradisc II USD $56.99 [3 bids]
Traffic Self Titled 24k Gold CD MFSL Mobile Fidelity Ultradisc II USD $31.01 [8 bids]
NEW - Prince Royce CD NEW Phase II BRAND NEW USD $9.59 Buy It Now 1h 12m
HISSTONEND II CD experimental pagan Russian black metal ved buens ende NEW virus USD $11.98 Buy It Now 1h 12m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - SOFT CELL - WHAT - BZS II USD $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Surreal & Parameter II - Adrenalin Junkies / Serial Killa 12", W/Lbl, Promo USD $3.15 Buy It Now 1h 13m
BBC Music CD Vol. II No. 12 Mahler Symphony No. 10 1994 Live recording USD $1.97 Buy It Now 1h 13m
BBC Music CD 1994 Volume II No 5 Schubert Symphony No. 9 in C (Great) USD $1.97 Buy It Now 1h 13m
BACK TO THE FUTURE PART II-DVD USD $0.99 [0 bids]
The Lost American Songwriter (Bare Bones II) USD $17.02 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Queen - Greatest Hits II (1991) USD $5.50 Buy It Now 1h 14m
The Vines CD - Winning Days (Ride, Animal Machine, Sun Child, Autumn Shade II) USD $0.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
DOYLE BRAMHALL II Green Light Girl USA RARE PROMO Radio DJ CD Single 2001 MINT USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
BBC Music CD 1994 Volume II No. 8 Choral Classical Brahms/Spohr/Mayerbeer USD $1.97 Buy It Now 1h 16m
THE MISSION 'II - Garden Of Delight' 1986 UK 7"/45 rpm vinyl single USD $6.28 [0 bids]
VNTG. 12" LP " ELVIS A LEGENDARY PERFORMER" VOL.II CPL1-1349-A USD $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Centinex: Subconscious Lobotomy CD 2012 Bonus Tracks Memento Mori MEMENTO-II USD $24.95 Buy It Now 1h 20m
RUSH Archives Vol I & II (2 Cassette Tapes) Caress of Steel Fly By Night Self USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Bad Boys II [PA] by Various Artists (CD, May-2005, Bad Boy Entertainment) USD $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Coalition Of Sound - Check II 12" W/Lbl USD $3.15 Buy It Now 1h 22m
THE KINLEYS"II"ADVANCE CD PROMO USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Sound Ideas Series 6000 Extension II Sound Effects Library on 10 CDs USD $70.00 Buy It Now 1h 24m
The Best of Gucci Crew II by Gucci Crew II (CD, Aug-1994,Miami Bass USD $12.43 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Dek Collectors - The Dek Collectors Vol.II 12" Hanwritten W/Lbl USD $3.15 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Greatest Hits Ii - Chesney,Kenny USD $7.70 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Peter Gabriel m- Japan LP II Scratch USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Captain Beaky Volume II - 1980 Cassette USD $20.37 Buy It Now 1h 25m
DAVIE ALLAN & THE ARROWS The Wild Angels Vol. 2 LP NEW COLOR VINYL SOUNDTRACK II USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Bat Out of Hell II: Back into Hell by Meat Loaf (CD, Sep-1993, 2 Discs, MCA... USD $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Pusha T - Fear Of God II - Let Us Pray [CD] - DCN120 USD $10.18 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Ivor Cutler - Life In A Scotch Sitting-Room Vol. II - CRREV1 USD $12.72 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Camper Van Beethoven - II & III - COOKCD288 USD $13.37 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Bern Dan - My Country II - COOKCD330 USD $8.85 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Bohannon - Lets Start Ii Dance Again [Vinyl New] USD $16.19 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Ashanti - Chapter II CD USD $7.95 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Amon Duul Ii - Phallus Dei [CD New] USD $14.26 Buy It Now 1h 30m
The Pretenders II LP Record USD $3.93 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Katrina & The Waves - Katrina and the Waves II: Remastered - KYBO004 USD $15.32 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Markus Schulz Presents Dakota - Thoughts Become Things II - ARMA300 USD $21.47 Buy It Now 1h 31m
VARIOUS ARTISTS - Rambo: First Blood Part II (Expanded Score) - FILMCD307 USD $22.21 Buy It Now 1h 31m
CD andromeda
ANDROMEDA
~ USD $14.12
LP andromeda (+7' single & inserts)
ANDROMEDA
~ USD $27.66

More places to buy ANDROMEDA music online Buy ANDROMEDA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANDROMEDA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANDROMEDA II = I ratings distribution

ANDROMEDA II = I reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars This is the second album of Sweden band formed in 1999. They released their debut "Extension of The Wish" in 2001. There is a change in line-up since the debut album with new lead singer David Fremberg and the exit of previous bass player Gert Daun. The bass line is now taken care by the guitar player Johan Reinholdz. Basically it has transformed from five-piece to four-piece band. The rest of the band members are intact: Thomas Lejon looks after drum stools and Martin Herdin (keyboards).

The band has a potential future as great band in progressive metal arena. This album represents their existence in this arena demonstrating their ability to compose and deliver their music with power and energy. Using Mike Portnoy's view of sort of progressive metal elements (*), this album is heavy (70%), progressive (10%) and melodic (20%). Despite its power and energy, the album is (sometimes) lacking in structure and harmony, I would say. It's probably a mixing / production issue.

Having been opened with soft keyboard and guitar, "Encyclopedia" blasts off with heavy riffs and speed bass line followed by vocal. The music flows in full energy with soft guitar riffs at background. At tempo change, during transition, guitar takes its solo part augmented with symphonic keyboard at background. To my personal taste, the harmony between guitar riffs and drum is a bit lacking. It sounds rough to my ears. At approx min 4:50 - the part where the voice is backed with solo drum and keyboard punch - it does not sound natural to me. This track has a very good guitar solo (in the vein of classic rock music) at the ending part. Unfortunately . this guitar solo has to end not in natural way - it fades out and replaced by tape loop of percussion sound. Uughh . what a regret!

"Mirages" starts off with heavy guitar riffs / solo followed by drumming. The voice line enters the scene with the riffs at the back. There is nice keyboard work combined with guitar solo accompanying the vocal. The guitar solo during interlude is stunning.

"Reaching Deep Within" kicks off with a guitar and keyboard works followed by drum and bass. Again, it sounds to me that this part is lacking harmony and melody. It sounds rough. The riffs produced during the voice line are simple but a bit boring to me. To me, this is a straight forward metal tune. "Two Is One" is the longest track (10:09) . It starts with a nice guitar fills followed by slow tempo music to feature voice line. No guitar riffs at this part. The tempo moves faster at approx min 4:00 with higher tone voice line. The guitar riffs start to roll in the middle of the track augmented with good keyboard sound. The combination of guitar and keyboard solo during interlude / transitions is really good.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is an upbeat instrumental piece demonstrating keyboard and guitar sounds. It's a very good composition. I like the harmony of two sounds (keyboard and guitar) in the middle of the track (approx min 4:00) onward. It actually can be better if the mixing is improved as it sounds bit rough to me.

"Castaway" is a mellow track performed in ballad style. The vocal harmony is excellent, the piano fills are stunning. No riffs; guitar is played with fills. No drumming. Solo piano is wonderful. I can hear that the lead singer voice in low register is very good. It's a melodic and relaxing track.

"Parasite" blows off with heavy music and it flows in typical prog met music. The music turns quieter in the middle of the track with great keyboard and voice line. This part is really nice. I can hear sort of jazz/fusion influence in this track.

"One In My Head" starts off with a melodic piano / keyboard touch followed by upbeat music with excellent guitar and keyboard. This track has relatively long instrumental as the vocal takes off around the middle of the track. Despite good performance, this track is lacking in structure (music wise) and mixing (production wise).

"This Fragile Surface" is probably the most symphonic one compared to the other tracks. Yes, there are guitar riffs still but it only accentuates the bars during the voice line. The guitar solo and keyboard work are really wonderful and melodic. This is an excellent track well positioned to conclude the album.

Overall this album is good but not essential. However, I would still recommend this album for those of you who like progressive metal music like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Ice Age, Pain of Salvation, Evergrey, etc. Rating: 3.25/5. GW, Indonesia.

Reference: (*) Interview with Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater as it can be seen from DREAM THEATER "Live at Budokan" DVD - disc 2. It's a simple and practical definition of progressive metal genre, I think.

Review by AtLossForWords
4 stars Relatively new Prog Metal band from Sweden brings nostalgia of Dream Theater.

Andromeda is a Progressive Metal band from Sweden. I have almost nothing but comments from this great and relatively new band. II=I is there second studio release. When one listens to it, the elements of a dark emotional sound with an excellent mix hard and soft matierial will become apparent.

The album is written similar to Dream Theater. Throughout all of the album there are jazzy overtones complimenting the funk-styled rythym playing. Thomas LeJon is a Progressive Metal drummer with talents that can compare even to Mike Portnoy and Virgil Donati. Johan Reinholdz is one of the very best young progressive metal guitarists. On certain occaisions his playing can excel ahead of players like John Petrucci. The future is very bright for this young guitarist (who doubles on bass). His styled is extremely smooth and jazzy, truly a pleasure to listen to. Martin Hedin is also an apt keyboardist. Hedin has excellent skill, but lacks synth sound creativity. The only complaint I really have are the vocals from David Fremberg. He fits the band somewhat nicely, but he has trouble in some of the more delicate tracks. If his voice matures enough to sing smoother in softer parts, he also has a bright future.

The album is quite a piece of work. The opening track Encyclopedia imeadiately gets the listener thinking about the lyrics. The title track Two Is One is a Progressive art. The song has a special touch to it to keep building with emotion while staying calm musically. The track finally starts to climax at the end which was a perfect lead to the next track, the insturmental Morphing Into Nothing. The insturmental shows off the amazing insturmental talents this band has. It's even comparable to Dance of Eternity by Dream Theater, but it's longer and showcases more guitars than keyboards.

The production isn't lively, but it really fits the album. The tones are dark and subtle. Even the drums have a certain bleakness to their tone. The bass isn't noticeable, but Johan Reinholdz makes his living in this band as a guitarist, not a bassist. The keyboards are my only complaint as they are somewhat uncreative with the tone selection.

The music is definately five star quality, but the band is young and I'm sure to see better work from them in the future. A 4 star rating is adequate.

3 stars After the success of their debut "Extension Of The Wish" they follow it up with an allbum that seems to be more focused on the vocallist (and songs) and less on the instrumental work (that is their strength). Well, for whatever reason this one does not hold up well to their first one.

"Encyclopedia" features lots of tempo shifts good guitar and heavy drums. I enjoy the lighter passages a lot, especially the guitar melodies.There seems to be a dark undercurrent throughout this song. "Mirages" opens with slow, heavy riffs with some good guitar solos and keyboard flurries. "Reaching Deep Within" is a song that employs the background synths I like so much. Lots of riffs too. "Two Is One" is the longest song here and the first half is mellow with piano and soft vocals while the second half is more uptempo and heavy.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is a full speed ahead instrumental. These guys can play ! "Castaway" has some reserved vocals and beautiful piano melodies. "Parasite" is all over the place with lots of mood and tempo shifts. The aggressive vocals that come and go don't do much for me at all. "One In My Head" opens with piano and has some complex arrangments. This is an interesting,well done song. We don't get vocals until almost 4 minutes in. "This Fragile Surface" has keyboard melodies all through it and lots of tempo changes as well.

Good album but I don't think i'd recommend it when there is so much good Prog-Metal out there that is much better than this one.

Review by CCVP
4 stars Thank God the title of the album is a lie!

After a relatively successful debut, Andromeda 2 years later release a brand new studio album entitled II=I. However, they changed their vocalist and that is a major change for the better, since David Fremberg vocals are better than Lawrence Mackrory to Andromeda's music. I mean, David Fremberg's vocals fit much better in Andromeda's music than Lawrence Mackrory's vocals, what is ultimately proven when they re-release their debut with Fremberg singing. Another interesting change is that their original bass players is also gone and, because of that, their guitarist Johan Reinholdz played the bass at the recording sessions. The result was very good, but Johan Reinholdz would still be the band's guitarist, after they found the new bass player, which is Fabian Gustavsson now.

Anyway, in Two is One Andromeda present themselves in a much darker mood than the one seen in Extension of the Wish. The songs are still played on the frantic speed they were on the debut, but now they (at least most of them) sound heavier and are in minor scales, what is responsible for the darker or sadder mood here. However, they still have some nice soft songs here, like Two is One and Castaway.

About the songs, musicianship and other features, there are some things i would like to state:

Andromeda's main characteristic is most certainly their incredible instrumental work, specially the guitars and the keyboards / pianos, and this albums shows it perfectly. From the incredible opening of Encyclopedia till This Fragile Surface both the guitars and the keyboards are blasting and the drums make it very round, smooth and complete. However, the musicianship of all players is incredible, in a positive way.

The highlights are: Encyclopedia (one of their best songs ever), Mirages, Two Is One, Morphing Into Nothing, One in my Head and This Fragile Surface.

Grade and Final Thoughts

With a new vocalist, Andromeda definitely reached the next level here, making music that is worthy to be considered and respected in the progressive metal scene. This album is all good, having no bad songs in my opinion, with some considerable highlights. Because of that this album deserves 4 stars.

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Andromeda second release from 2003 was a pleasent surprise for me from the biggining 3 years ago. This swedish prog metal band did a great job here mixing Dream Theater elements with groovy and intrsting arrangemets. I like this kind of prog metal up tempo, fast , slow depends how the mood changes, everything on this second release named II=I is a winner to my ears. Ok the influences are obvious taken from DT but they have also some personality in their work here aswell. LIke very much what the keyboard player Marin Hedin done here, really, something great in full of excellent chops, not to mention the drumer who is very sure of his instrument and created a real solit shythm section with the bass player, great. The voice is a new one on this album face the previous one the debute. I don't know the first album, but the voice of David Fremberg is good and fits very well here. This album has everything to become a great release in the future, complexity, progressive metal that pleases every fan, me included. Every single piece is great, showing that Andromeda is a force in this subgenre, not only followers , but real progressive metal band with talented musicians. 3.5 rounded to 4 .Still the instrumental one Morphing Into Nothing and Encyclopedia are real killers.Looking forward for another album to listen .

4 stars 'Extension of the Wish', Andromeda's debut, happens to be one of my favourite albums of all time, so it's pretty obvious that these guys sure have a lot of hard work in store for them if they wish to top it. Sadly, I don't think 'II = I' quite lives up to the standards set by 'Extension...', but thi ... (read more)

Report this review (#220265) | Posted by Valarius | Monday, June 08, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If well, their first album was a good debut, although not too original. On this two is one there's much more variety, audacity and many refreshing music passages mixed in the exact moment with the right elements. This not means a musical evolution, but it's an important step on the path for gett ... (read more)

Report this review (#165080) | Posted by Epsilon | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Powerful power metal band, Andromeda was always a band sitting in my library collecting dust. Till one day I decided to give them a listen. And I'd have to say that I was impressed with what I heard for the raw metal and harsh vocals. II=I is a great album with some really good songs. Such as ... (read more)

Report this review (#142475) | Posted by Xeroth | Sunday, October 07, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars After a blazing first album, this one is really a huge step down. Extension was a very up-tempo and technical. It was a fresh sound for progressive metal. In this album, however, the band regresses into cliched themes and sounds. Even the vocalist, who was so expressive and wonderful in extensi ... (read more)

Report this review (#88932) | Posted by SolariS | Monday, September 04, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Excellent disc of the Swedish band ANDROMEDA, al to perish is another very good band that it comes from Scandinavian, that zone where this concentrating very good bands, is the new cluster of bands that are bringing forth talents worthy to turn around to see handle leaves from the earth, where ... (read more)

Report this review (#88639) | Posted by Shelket | Friday, September 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I select around 40 cd's to go on holiday in my black box, and like my review of ASCENSION THEORY, this goes with it. Several earlier views sum up the album, brilliant.Mixtures of fast hard rock/metals and more mellow sounds are the ingridents for a great album,unlike the 3rd album Chimera whic ... (read more)

Report this review (#82076) | Posted by | Tuesday, June 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The 2nd studio release by Sweden's Andromeda. Although there are elements of other prog-metal bands they have created their own distinctively style full of synthesizer and effects. All the musicians are on a quite high niveau if you consider they're all about 20! The music changes from heavy pas ... (read more)

Report this review (#53770) | Posted by W.Chuck | Saturday, October 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars this album commands nothing less than five stars. Not one bad song in the bunch. it is beautiful from start to finish. every song has a beautiful into. there is a nice balance of metal and mellow stuff. the keyboards are fantastic. the guitars are perfect, even reminds me of John Petrucci, who ... (read more)

Report this review (#18854) | Posted by daleplate | Thursday, April 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Dissapointing. I purchased this album after recieving several recommendations and thats the only way I can describe it. Andromeda serves up a prog metal, 9 track album that is riddled with cliches and suffers horribly from derivititus. Its hard to fault the band from a technical perspective, t ... (read more)

Report this review (#18853) | Posted by | Wednesday, February 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The first album - Extension of the Wish - is the best metal album I have ever heard... this one didn't quite live up to expectations but is a great album nontheless. First album had very little vocals and relied more on the amazing skills of Johan Reinholdz. This album the focus has been taken of ... (read more)

Report this review (#18846) | Posted by | Wednesday, December 17, 2003 | Review Permanlink

4 stars An awesome Band! Andromeda is great: heavy, progressive, technical... I havenīt heard the first album, but II=I is very, very good. Great Vocals, superb guitars, ingenious keyboards and powerful drums. Sure they best effort is yet to come. ... (read more)

Report this review (#18845) | Posted by | Friday, November 14, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANDROMEDA "II = I"