II = I

Buy ANDROMEDA Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Encyclopedia (7:35)
2. Mirages (5:42)
3. Reaching Deep Within (4:50)
4. Two Is One (10:09)
5. Morphing Into Nothing (7:34)
6. Castaway (6:16)
7. Parasite (6:54)
8. One In My Head (8:02)
9. This Fragile Surface (8:04)

Search ANDROMEDA II = I lyrics

Search ANDROMEDA II = I tabs

- David Fremberg / vocals
- Johan Reinholdz / guitars and bass
- Thomas Lejon / drums
- Marin Hedin / keyboards

New Hawen Records CD 45004-2

ANDROMEDA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANDROMEDA II = I Music

II = I by Andromeda [Music CD]II = I by Andromeda [Music CD]
Inner Wound/MBM
Enigma Mea Culpa Part II (Various Mixes) USD $3.00 [0 bids]
29m 59s
The Ecleftic: 2 Sides II a Book by Wyclef Jean (CD, Aug-2000, Columbia (USA)) USD $1.40 Buy It Now 31m 38s
CREAM Live Cream Volume II ULTRA RARE WHITE LABEL PROMO CLEAN USD $39.99 Buy It Now 31m 45s
BOB DYLAN Greatest Hits Vol II ROCK 2XLP COLUMBIA Gatefold ORIG INNERS USD $6.00 Buy It Now 32m 42s
ELO Electric Lifgt Orchestra II ROCK LP UA Orig Inner GATEFOLD USD $6.00 Buy It Now 32m 43s
Shake It Up: Break It Down by Disney , iCarly iSoundtrack II. Excellent cond. USD $6.99 [0 bids]
USD $9.99 Buy It Now
32m 48s
Christmas with John Fahey Volumme II USD $3.00 [0 bids]
33m 47s
B T EXPRESS FUNK DO IT PART I & II 12395 USD $4.99 [0 bids]
34m 11s
DJ SPIDER/FRANKLIN DE COSTA - Genetically Modified Tracks Pt II - 12" USD $16.14 Buy It Now 34m 23s
KISS Alive II 1977 2LPS EXC.CON!! Rec.LP Album Vinyl (251)W/Booklet USD $24.99 Buy It Now 34m 25s
GONE II "BUT NEVER TOO GONE" SST 086 (1986) 12" LP NM PUNK * i combine shipping USD $15.97 Buy It Now 35m 2s
ELTON JOHN - Greatest Hits Volume II - 1977 UK 10-track LP USD $22.30 Buy It Now 36m 16s
Cooleyhighharmony by Boyz II Men (CD, Nov-1993, Motown (Record Label)) USD $1.39 Buy It Now 36m 31s
CIANI Preludes, Vol. II DEBUSSYLP Import SHRINK DG 2535 261 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 37m 37s
Boyz II Men : Cooleyhighharmony CD (1997) USD $3.25 Buy It Now 38m 22s
THE HUNGARIAN QUARTET beethoven quartets vol II 3 LP Mint- ANGEL 3513 C Mono UK USD $87.50 Buy It Now 38m 36s
? Fleshtones -Speed Connection II Live in Paris (Peter Zaremba) REM's Peter Buck USD $19.99 Buy It Now 39m 47s
Cockney Rejects Greatest Hits Vol.II orig. 1980 UK EMI punk Oi Oi Oi! lp KBD USD $15.00 [1 bids]
41m 59s
BOYZ II MEN - COOLEYHIGHHARMONY - CASSETTE TAPE - MOTOWN (1992) USD $11.89 Buy It Now 42m 21s
DRAGONQUEST II - Soundtrack-Import USD $18.99 Buy It Now 42m 39s
LINDA RONSTADT GREATEST HITS I & II 2CDS BIN FREE SHIPPING USD $7.99 Buy It Now 42m 57s
V/A - Maxell Rock II Sampler LP Airplay Triumph Outlaws Styx RCA 1980 USD $2.02 Buy It Now 43m 35s
Midnight Movers Unltd.: Follow The Wind Parts I & II 1972 Funk 45 USD $16.16 Buy It Now 45m 14s
MONTCLAIRS - Baby (You Know I'm Gonna Miss You Pt I / II - FUNK SOUL 45 - Paula USD $10.49 Buy It Now 47m 38s
LIVE CREAM VOLUME II - 1977 - RSO RECORD - IN SHRINK USD $19.99 Buy It Now 48m 7s
Renegade Soundwave RSW Thunder II 6 Track CD USD $3.00 [0 bids]
48m 50s
PERSONALITIES, THE - 12" lp - CAUGHT IN THE ACT VOL. II USD $5.49 Buy It Now 48m 54s
Country Funk II 1967-1974 2xLP sealed vinyl Light in the Attic LITA 116 USD $29.98 Buy It Now 48m 55s
SEALED KISS ORIGINAL 1ST PRESS SPECIAL 2-TAPE SET ALIVE II DOUBLE 8-TRACK RARE USD $84.95 Buy It Now 49m
NITTY GRITTY DIRT BAND 3 CD Lot Collection Albums BEST OF/CIRCLE II/MORE GREAT USD $13.99 Buy It Now 51m 13s
Musica Esmi Vida (Boriqua Anthem Part II) Latin Promo 12" USD $19.99 [0 bids]
51m 36s
Led Zeppelin 3 LP lot "ZoHo/Led Zeppelin/Led Zeppelin II" Excellent Condition!!! USD $27.88 [7 bids]
53m 30s
KISS - Alive II 2CD JUMBO BOX ORIGINAL 822781-2 M-2 POLYGRAM USD $12.99 Buy It Now 53m 46s
NASHVILLE'S GREATEST CHRISTMAS HIT VOLUME II RECORD ALBUM LP USD $1.99 Buy It Now 54m 28s
Soul 45 INDEPENDENTS Just As Long As You Need Me, Part II on Wand USD $5.00 Buy It Now 54m 42s
KISS "ALIVE II" LP USD $19.99 Buy It Now 55m 20s
POPE JOHN PAUL II SINGS AT THE FESTIVAL OF SACROSONG RECORD ALBUM LP USD $2.99 [0 bids]
USD $3.99 Buy It Now
56m 10s
Chet Baker-Live In Europe 1956 Vol II-French Press- JA 5246 Jazz anthology USD $35.00 Buy It Now 56m 25s
Vinyl Record Album, CHICAGO at Carnegie Hall Vol. I II III IV all inserts, 1971 USD $24.95 Buy It Now 56m 27s
Vol. II USD $7.06 Buy It Now 57m 28s
Soul 45 WILSON PICKETT Don't Knock My Love-Pt. II on Atlantic USD $5.00 Buy It Now 58m 18s
Soul NM! 45 PEOPLE'S CHOICE Nursery Rhymes (Part II) on Tsop USD $5.00 Buy It Now 58m 18s
MATAN S.A. PARTE II EL SILENCIO ES SALUD SEALED CD 2013 METAL ARGENTINA USD $6.90 Buy It Now 58m 20s
BASF Chrome cassette - SuperQuality II - NEW - UNopened old stock USD $1.55 [2 bids]
1h
Greatest Hits Volume Ii, , Good USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1h
NEIL DIAMOND * HOT AUGUST NIGHT II * CD ALBUM USD $2.23 [0 bids]
1h
Liszt - Symphonic Poems Vol II Kurt Masur, Leipzig Gewandhaus Orch; MINT 2-CDs USD $6.46 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Linda Ronstadt-Greatest Hits I and Ii CD NEW USD $14.75 Buy It Now 1h 2m
SATAN'S REVENGE part II Lp Test Pressing!!! NECROVORE!!! MORBID ANGEL Darkness USD $31.99 [14 bids]
Watters, Lu Yerba Buena Jaz...-Live At Hambone Kelly`S: 1950 Vol. Ii CD NEW USD $10.02 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Adiemus II CD NEW USD $18.73 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Well Tempered Clavier Ii (Schepkin) CD NEW USD $29.45 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Dodd, Dr. Billy & His Swing...-At The Grand Opera House, Vol. Ii CD NEW USD $14.10 Buy It Now 1h 4m
SCANDINAVIAN METAL ATTACK II 1984 Lp BATHORY Biscaya Oz USD $11.50 [6 bids]
LORDS OF MYSTERY "Ancient Romance - PART II" 3 CD-Box Edel 2007 NEU USD $17.04 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Forest Grave/Ostots "II" Tape Ltd100 Vetala Black Cilice Moonblood Goatmoon MGLA USD $9.99 [0 bids]
HANDEL Sonatas for Violin & Bass Vol. II 10" vinyl LP USD $25.95 Buy It Now 1h 9m
VARIOUS ARTISTS "Big Band Era" Volume II (SE) (MINT CONDITION) USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Cassette Single - Boyz II Men - End Of The Road 1992 Motown USD $2.50 [0 bids]
USD $5.00 Buy It Now
OTTI ALBIETZ - BUBBY TONE II 12 TRK CD ALBUM PROMO USD $4.45 Buy It Now 1h 11m
The Buddy Holly Story Vol. II, Coral Records, CRL 57326, Maroon Label, 1959 USD $22.00 Buy It Now 1h 11m
SOUL II SOUL - VOL II 1990 A NEW DECADE!! NR USD $3.75 Buy It Now 1h 12m
** PETER GABRIEL ~ SCRATCH II SECOND SOLO ALBUM ~ CASSETTE TAPE~ GENESIS ** USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Led Zeppelin "II" #2 UK 1st press 1969 with original label credits: RARE! USD $52.06 [2 bids]
Led Zeppelin "II" #1 UK 1st press 1969 with re-titled label credits: bang tidy! USD $29.74 [0 bids]
Soul 45 DISCO TEX & THE SEX-O-LETTES Hot Lava, Part II on Chelsea USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Soul NM! 45 REVELATION You To Me Are Everything, Part II on RSO USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Soul 45 BEN E. KING Supernatural Thing - Part II on Atlantic 7" USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
STONEFIELD - Mystic Force I & II CD - progressive metal from Switzerland USD $10.95 Buy It Now 1h 14m
TERENCE JUDD - Homage II [CD] USD $4.45 [0 bids]
Micmac Dance Party Volume II CD USD $6.99 [0 bids]
KISS ALIVE II USD $500.00 [0 bids]
A Full Day of Adventure Vol. II Personalized Music CD USD $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Barry Manilow - Greatest Hits Vol. II LP - AL8-8102 - NM USD $6.50 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Duets/Duets II 90th Birthday Limited Collector's Edition by Frank Sinatra USD $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Fresh Aire II [13 Tracks] by Mannheim Steamroller (CD, American Gramaphone Re... USD $6.25 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Bobby McClure: Peak Of Love Pt. I / Same Pt. II 45 USD $5.29 [0 bids]
USD $8.00 Buy It Now
THE VARIATIONS II 1979 LP SOUL FUNK RARE AMOUR USD $50.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Rush Retrospective Volume II 1981-1987 Cd 1997 USD $2.00 [0 bids]
USD $3.50 Buy It Now
GRANDMASTER MELLE MEL & THE FURIOUS 5 - WHITE LINES II, NEW, OLD SCHOOL RAP FUNK USD $5.60 Buy It Now 1h 20m
KUBELIK/ KREISLER/ THIBAUD/ HALL/ DRDLA/ VON VECSY Vol. II LP IMPORT PEARL USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
George Harrison, Songbook II, CD, Compilation, Outtakes, Demos, Unreleased, Rare USD $9.00 [1 bids]
COLDPLAY life in technicolor II video UK PROMO DVD acetate abbey road NTSC no cd USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
"Beverly Hills Cop II" 1987 Soundtrack E.Murphy C.Hart G.Michael B.Seger MINT USD $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
MOLOTOV hit me gimme tha power II 2-TRK MEXICO PROMO CD p/s RARE latin pop USD $6.39 Buy It Now 1h 23m
YA YA II cd MEGA RARE AOR yaya OUTSIDE EDGE lava USD $73.00 [12 bids]
PRETENDERS II LP Record JAPAN 1981 RARE USD $67.50 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Led Zeppelin II [Deluxe Edition] [Remastered] [LP] by Led Zeppelin (Vinyl,2014) USD $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
DONNA SUMMER GREATEST HITS ON THE RADIO VOLUMES I & II 2 LP SET 111 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
JORG DEMUS Lieder und Balladen, Vol. II LOEWE LP SEALED DG 2530 052 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Three Suns - Stereo Highlight Vol.II Japan EP USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Donna Summer Greatest Hits On The Radio Volumes I & II The One Only Mexican CD USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
American Man: Greatest Hits, Vol. II by Trace Adkins (CD, Dec-2007, Liberty... USD $1.50 [1 bids]
SPEED KILLS II 1985 Lp Bathory Sodom Whiplash Iron Angel Helloween Destructor USD $5.00 [1 bids]
Butterscotch 45 SOMETHING HAS GOT TO CHANGE pt I/ pt II ~ Renee VG USD $3.12 Buy It Now 1h 29m
r, Dionne Warwick, Placido Domingo, Christmas in Vienna II, CD JAPAN, SRCR 9659 USD $28.50 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Rock 45 RICK DEES AND HIS CAST OF IDIOTS Disco Duck (Part II) Instrumental on RS USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Josh White - Josh White Sings (Volume II) USD $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 31m
SALSOUL ORCHESTRA Christmas Jollies II SOUL LP Shrink SALSOUL USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
GHOSTBUSTERS 2 II SOUNDTRACK CASSETTE TAPE USD $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
CD andromeda
ANDROMEDA
~ USD $13.84
LP andromeda (+7' single & inserts)
ANDROMEDA
~ USD $27.12

More places to buy ANDROMEDA music online Buy ANDROMEDA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANDROMEDA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANDROMEDA II = I ratings distribution

ANDROMEDA II = I reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars This is the second album of Sweden band formed in 1999. They released their debut "Extension of The Wish" in 2001. There is a change in line-up since the debut album with new lead singer David Fremberg and the exit of previous bass player Gert Daun. The bass line is now taken care by the guitar player Johan Reinholdz. Basically it has transformed from five-piece to four-piece band. The rest of the band members are intact: Thomas Lejon looks after drum stools and Martin Herdin (keyboards).

The band has a potential future as great band in progressive metal arena. This album represents their existence in this arena demonstrating their ability to compose and deliver their music with power and energy. Using Mike Portnoy's view of sort of progressive metal elements (*), this album is heavy (70%), progressive (10%) and melodic (20%). Despite its power and energy, the album is (sometimes) lacking in structure and harmony, I would say. It's probably a mixing / production issue.

Having been opened with soft keyboard and guitar, "Encyclopedia" blasts off with heavy riffs and speed bass line followed by vocal. The music flows in full energy with soft guitar riffs at background. At tempo change, during transition, guitar takes its solo part augmented with symphonic keyboard at background. To my personal taste, the harmony between guitar riffs and drum is a bit lacking. It sounds rough to my ears. At approx min 4:50 - the part where the voice is backed with solo drum and keyboard punch - it does not sound natural to me. This track has a very good guitar solo (in the vein of classic rock music) at the ending part. Unfortunately . this guitar solo has to end not in natural way - it fades out and replaced by tape loop of percussion sound. Uughh . what a regret!

"Mirages" starts off with heavy guitar riffs / solo followed by drumming. The voice line enters the scene with the riffs at the back. There is nice keyboard work combined with guitar solo accompanying the vocal. The guitar solo during interlude is stunning.

"Reaching Deep Within" kicks off with a guitar and keyboard works followed by drum and bass. Again, it sounds to me that this part is lacking harmony and melody. It sounds rough. The riffs produced during the voice line are simple but a bit boring to me. To me, this is a straight forward metal tune. "Two Is One" is the longest track (10:09) . It starts with a nice guitar fills followed by slow tempo music to feature voice line. No guitar riffs at this part. The tempo moves faster at approx min 4:00 with higher tone voice line. The guitar riffs start to roll in the middle of the track augmented with good keyboard sound. The combination of guitar and keyboard solo during interlude / transitions is really good.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is an upbeat instrumental piece demonstrating keyboard and guitar sounds. It's a very good composition. I like the harmony of two sounds (keyboard and guitar) in the middle of the track (approx min 4:00) onward. It actually can be better if the mixing is improved as it sounds bit rough to me.

"Castaway" is a mellow track performed in ballad style. The vocal harmony is excellent, the piano fills are stunning. No riffs; guitar is played with fills. No drumming. Solo piano is wonderful. I can hear that the lead singer voice in low register is very good. It's a melodic and relaxing track.

"Parasite" blows off with heavy music and it flows in typical prog met music. The music turns quieter in the middle of the track with great keyboard and voice line. This part is really nice. I can hear sort of jazz/fusion influence in this track.

"One In My Head" starts off with a melodic piano / keyboard touch followed by upbeat music with excellent guitar and keyboard. This track has relatively long instrumental as the vocal takes off around the middle of the track. Despite good performance, this track is lacking in structure (music wise) and mixing (production wise).

"This Fragile Surface" is probably the most symphonic one compared to the other tracks. Yes, there are guitar riffs still but it only accentuates the bars during the voice line. The guitar solo and keyboard work are really wonderful and melodic. This is an excellent track well positioned to conclude the album.

Overall this album is good but not essential. However, I would still recommend this album for those of you who like progressive metal music like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Ice Age, Pain of Salvation, Evergrey, etc. Rating: 3.25/5. GW, Indonesia.

Reference: (*) Interview with Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater as it can be seen from DREAM THEATER "Live at Budokan" DVD - disc 2. It's a simple and practical definition of progressive metal genre, I think.

Review by AtLossForWords
4 stars Relatively new Prog Metal band from Sweden brings nostalgia of Dream Theater.

Andromeda is a Progressive Metal band from Sweden. I have almost nothing but comments from this great and relatively new band. II=I is there second studio release. When one listens to it, the elements of a dark emotional sound with an excellent mix hard and soft matierial will become apparent.

The album is written similar to Dream Theater. Throughout all of the album there are jazzy overtones complimenting the funk-styled rythym playing. Thomas LeJon is a Progressive Metal drummer with talents that can compare even to Mike Portnoy and Virgil Donati. Johan Reinholdz is one of the very best young progressive metal guitarists. On certain occaisions his playing can excel ahead of players like John Petrucci. The future is very bright for this young guitarist (who doubles on bass). His styled is extremely smooth and jazzy, truly a pleasure to listen to. Martin Hedin is also an apt keyboardist. Hedin has excellent skill, but lacks synth sound creativity. The only complaint I really have are the vocals from David Fremberg. He fits the band somewhat nicely, but he has trouble in some of the more delicate tracks. If his voice matures enough to sing smoother in softer parts, he also has a bright future.

The album is quite a piece of work. The opening track Encyclopedia imeadiately gets the listener thinking about the lyrics. The title track Two Is One is a Progressive art. The song has a special touch to it to keep building with emotion while staying calm musically. The track finally starts to climax at the end which was a perfect lead to the next track, the insturmental Morphing Into Nothing. The insturmental shows off the amazing insturmental talents this band has. It's even comparable to Dance of Eternity by Dream Theater, but it's longer and showcases more guitars than keyboards.

The production isn't lively, but it really fits the album. The tones are dark and subtle. Even the drums have a certain bleakness to their tone. The bass isn't noticeable, but Johan Reinholdz makes his living in this band as a guitarist, not a bassist. The keyboards are my only complaint as they are somewhat uncreative with the tone selection.

The music is definately five star quality, but the band is young and I'm sure to see better work from them in the future. A 4 star rating is adequate.

3 stars After the success of their debut "Extension Of The Wish" they follow it up with an allbum that seems to be more focused on the vocallist (and songs) and less on the instrumental work (that is their strength). Well, for whatever reason this one does not hold up well to their first one.

"Encyclopedia" features lots of tempo shifts good guitar and heavy drums. I enjoy the lighter passages a lot, especially the guitar melodies.There seems to be a dark undercurrent throughout this song. "Mirages" opens with slow, heavy riffs with some good guitar solos and keyboard flurries. "Reaching Deep Within" is a song that employs the background synths I like so much. Lots of riffs too. "Two Is One" is the longest song here and the first half is mellow with piano and soft vocals while the second half is more uptempo and heavy.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is a full speed ahead instrumental. These guys can play ! "Castaway" has some reserved vocals and beautiful piano melodies. "Parasite" is all over the place with lots of mood and tempo shifts. The aggressive vocals that come and go don't do much for me at all. "One In My Head" opens with piano and has some complex arrangments. This is an interesting,well done song. We don't get vocals until almost 4 minutes in. "This Fragile Surface" has keyboard melodies all through it and lots of tempo changes as well.

Good album but I don't think i'd recommend it when there is so much good Prog-Metal out there that is much better than this one.

Review by CCVP
4 stars Thank God the title of the album is a lie!

After a relatively successful debut, Andromeda 2 years later release a brand new studio album entitled II=I. However, they changed their vocalist and that is a major change for the better, since David Fremberg vocals are better than Lawrence Mackrory to Andromeda's music. I mean, David Fremberg's vocals fit much better in Andromeda's music than Lawrence Mackrory's vocals, what is ultimately proven when they re-release their debut with Fremberg singing. Another interesting change is that their original bass players is also gone and, because of that, their guitarist Johan Reinholdz played the bass at the recording sessions. The result was very good, but Johan Reinholdz would still be the band's guitarist, after they found the new bass player, which is Fabian Gustavsson now.

Anyway, in Two is One Andromeda present themselves in a much darker mood than the one seen in Extension of the Wish. The songs are still played on the frantic speed they were on the debut, but now they (at least most of them) sound heavier and are in minor scales, what is responsible for the darker or sadder mood here. However, they still have some nice soft songs here, like Two is One and Castaway.

About the songs, musicianship and other features, there are some things i would like to state:

Andromeda's main characteristic is most certainly their incredible instrumental work, specially the guitars and the keyboards / pianos, and this albums shows it perfectly. From the incredible opening of Encyclopedia till This Fragile Surface both the guitars and the keyboards are blasting and the drums make it very round, smooth and complete. However, the musicianship of all players is incredible, in a positive way.

The highlights are: Encyclopedia (one of their best songs ever), Mirages, Two Is One, Morphing Into Nothing, One in my Head and This Fragile Surface.

Grade and Final Thoughts

With a new vocalist, Andromeda definitely reached the next level here, making music that is worthy to be considered and respected in the progressive metal scene. This album is all good, having no bad songs in my opinion, with some considerable highlights. Because of that this album deserves 4 stars.

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Andromeda second release from 2003 was a pleasent surprise for me from the biggining 3 years ago. This swedish prog metal band did a great job here mixing Dream Theater elements with groovy and intrsting arrangemets. I like this kind of prog metal up tempo, fast , slow depends how the mood changes, everything on this second release named II=I is a winner to my ears. Ok the influences are obvious taken from DT but they have also some personality in their work here aswell. LIke very much what the keyboard player Marin Hedin done here, really, something great in full of excellent chops, not to mention the drumer who is very sure of his instrument and created a real solit shythm section with the bass player, great. The voice is a new one on this album face the previous one the debute. I don't know the first album, but the voice of David Fremberg is good and fits very well here. This album has everything to become a great release in the future, complexity, progressive metal that pleases every fan, me included. Every single piece is great, showing that Andromeda is a force in this subgenre, not only followers , but real progressive metal band with talented musicians. 3.5 rounded to 4 .Still the instrumental one Morphing Into Nothing and Encyclopedia are real killers.Looking forward for another album to listen .

4 stars 'Extension of the Wish', Andromeda's debut, happens to be one of my favourite albums of all time, so it's pretty obvious that these guys sure have a lot of hard work in store for them if they wish to top it. Sadly, I don't think 'II = I' quite lives up to the standards set by 'Extension...', but thi ... (read more)

Report this review (#220265) | Posted by Valarius | Monday, June 08, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If well, their first album was a good debut, although not too original. On this two is one there's much more variety, audacity and many refreshing music passages mixed in the exact moment with the right elements. This not means a musical evolution, but it's an important step on the path for gett ... (read more)

Report this review (#165080) | Posted by Epsilon | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Powerful power metal band, Andromeda was always a band sitting in my library collecting dust. Till one day I decided to give them a listen. And I'd have to say that I was impressed with what I heard for the raw metal and harsh vocals. II=I is a great album with some really good songs. Such as ... (read more)

Report this review (#142475) | Posted by Xeroth | Sunday, October 07, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars After a blazing first album, this one is really a huge step down. Extension was a very up-tempo and technical. It was a fresh sound for progressive metal. In this album, however, the band regresses into cliched themes and sounds. Even the vocalist, who was so expressive and wonderful in extensi ... (read more)

Report this review (#88932) | Posted by SolariS | Monday, September 04, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Excellent disc of the Swedish band ANDROMEDA, al to perish is another very good band that it comes from Scandinavian, that zone where this concentrating very good bands, is the new cluster of bands that are bringing forth talents worthy to turn around to see handle leaves from the earth, where ... (read more)

Report this review (#88639) | Posted by Shelket | Friday, September 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I select around 40 cd's to go on holiday in my black box, and like my review of ASCENSION THEORY, this goes with it. Several earlier views sum up the album, brilliant.Mixtures of fast hard rock/metals and more mellow sounds are the ingridents for a great album,unlike the 3rd album Chimera whic ... (read more)

Report this review (#82076) | Posted by | Tuesday, June 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The 2nd studio release by Sweden's Andromeda. Although there are elements of other prog-metal bands they have created their own distinctively style full of synthesizer and effects. All the musicians are on a quite high niveau if you consider they're all about 20! The music changes from heavy pas ... (read more)

Report this review (#53770) | Posted by W.Chuck | Saturday, October 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars this album commands nothing less than five stars. Not one bad song in the bunch. it is beautiful from start to finish. every song has a beautiful into. there is a nice balance of metal and mellow stuff. the keyboards are fantastic. the guitars are perfect, even reminds me of John Petrucci, who ... (read more)

Report this review (#18854) | Posted by daleplate | Thursday, April 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Dissapointing. I purchased this album after recieving several recommendations and thats the only way I can describe it. Andromeda serves up a prog metal, 9 track album that is riddled with cliches and suffers horribly from derivititus. Its hard to fault the band from a technical perspective, t ... (read more)

Report this review (#18853) | Posted by | Wednesday, February 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The first album - Extension of the Wish - is the best metal album I have ever heard... this one didn't quite live up to expectations but is a great album nontheless. First album had very little vocals and relied more on the amazing skills of Johan Reinholdz. This album the focus has been taken of ... (read more)

Report this review (#18846) | Posted by | Wednesday, December 17, 2003 | Review Permanlink

4 stars An awesome Band! Andromeda is great: heavy, progressive, technical... I haven´t heard the first album, but II=I is very, very good. Great Vocals, superb guitars, ingenious keyboards and powerful drums. Sure they best effort is yet to come. ... (read more)

Report this review (#18845) | Posted by | Friday, November 14, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANDROMEDA "II = I"