II = I

Buy ANDROMEDA Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Encyclopedia (7:35)
2. Mirages (5:42)
3. Reaching Deep Within (4:50)
4. Two Is One (10:09)
5. Morphing Into Nothing (7:34)
6. Castaway (6:16)
7. Parasite (6:54)
8. One In My Head (8:02)
9. This Fragile Surface (8:04)

Search ANDROMEDA II = I lyrics

Search ANDROMEDA II = I tabs

- David Fremberg / vocals
- Johan Reinholdz / guitars and bass
- Thomas Lejon / drums
- Marin Hedin / keyboards

New Hawen Records CD 45004-2

ANDROMEDA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANDROMEDA II = I Music

II=III=I
Century Media 2003
Ii = IIi = I
Inner Wound Recordings 2014
Ii = I by Andromeda (2014)Ii = I by Andromeda (2014)
Inner Wound Recordings
II=I by Andromeda (2003-03-11)II=I by Andromeda (2003-03-11)
Century Media
MARKEVITCH IN MOSCOW II Kodaly Brahms french philips 835734LY HI-FI STEREO LP USD $39.00 Buy It Now 31m
@ CD CIRCLE II CIRCLE - EVERY LAST THING SS / AFM RECORDS 2008 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 31m 1s
All Wood And Stones, Vol. II [Digipak] by James Stanley/John Batdorf (CD, 201... USD $8.45 Buy It Now 31m 25s
GARY GLITTER 45 " Rock And Roll Part I & II " BELL Canada 1972' Succes USD $5.00 Buy It Now 31m 45s
Take Time To Listen Vol. II - 5 Minute Walk Fall Sampler '96 (CD, 1996)Christian USD $5.99 Buy It Now 32m 25s
French Songs for Kids-Let`s Sing & Dance in French! Vol. II (Classic FrencCD NEW USD $12.79 Buy It Now 33m 59s
MOVIOLA II: ACTION AND ADVENTURE (John Barry) OOP 1995 Score Soundtrack OST CD USD $10.89 Buy It Now 34m 32s
GEORGE WASHINGTON II (Broughton) OOP Intrada Ltd Score OST Soundtrack CD SEALED USD $37.47 Buy It Now 34m 33s
Ii - Magrudergrind LP USD $24.20 Buy It Now 34m 55s
Love Can Do II USD $1.70 Buy It Now 35m
Queen - Video - "Greatest Flix II". USD $8.18 [0 bids]
36m 28s
LED ZEPPELIN Led Zeppelin II - UK LP on Atlantic - Jimmy Page Robert Plant Two 2 USD $15.67 [4 bids]
37m 21s
DOOBIE BROTHERS - Best of the Doobies Vol.2 (CD 1995) USA Import EXC-NM Vol II USD $6.79 Buy It Now 38m 13s
The Hits 2 Vinyl Record LP album 12" II two records 1985 double 80's compilation USD $10.22 Buy It Now 38m 54s
Maurice Andre Joyride II 1A/1B RCA mint Audiophile PROMO 1st 1977 ULTRASONIC CLN USD $32.00 Buy It Now 39m 26s
Led Zeppelin II Re-Issue SRC 1975 Analog Press Ultrasonic CLEAN, VG++ USD $50.00 Buy It Now 39m 27s
Led Zeppelin II SD 19127 EXC Analog 1977 Press ULTRASONIC CLEAN USD $38.00 Buy It Now 39m 28s
Led Zeppelin II SD 19127 VG+ Analog 1977 Press ULTRASONIC CLEAN USD $20.00 Buy It Now 39m 28s
LAKE II 1978 A1 Holland Press,EXCELLENT, CLEAN, AMAZING SOUND QUALITY! USD $13.00 Buy It Now 40m 5s
Elvis Presley Hits from his Movies II ARCHIVE MASTER, STEAM CLEANED, A+ SOUND! USD $35.00 Buy It Now 40m 7s
STARS ON LONG PLAY II LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 40m 53s
Buddha Sounds Ii:arabic Dream 7798082986147 by Various Artists, CD, BRAND NEW USD $9.47 Buy It Now 41m 30s
Aska - SCENE II - Japan CD - NEW J-POP - 10Tracks USD $49.99 Buy It Now 41m 34s
DESCARGA LATINA II LOOKING FOR HAPPINESS JAPAN CD OBI H1687 USD $1.99 [0 bids]
42m 40s
Dan Greer 45 HELL PASO pt I / pt II ~ MGM M- soul USD $6.79 Buy It Now 43m 27s
Local H A Rock n Roll Christmas II CD USD $3.98 Buy It Now 44m 14s
Boyz II Men Legacy The Greatest Hits Collection Enhanced CD Classic Seoul Japan USD $46.33 Buy It Now 44m 50s
SUPER DANCE REMIX II HAMMER JAPAN CD OBI H1214 USD $1.99 [0 bids]
47m 12s
BEND IT FAB GEAR II VARIOUS ARTISTS JAPAN CD OBI H760 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
47m 13s
PERIOD'S JAZZ DIGEST VOLUME II JAPAN CD OBI H1461 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
47m 13s
LED ZEPPELIN - Led Zeppelin II [Remastered](CD 1994) USA Import EXC-NM USD $6.79 Buy It Now 47m 57s
Chapter II Ashanti Audio CD USD $3.89 Buy It Now 48m 7s
MARCHAL, Julien - Insight II - CD USD $16.41 Buy It Now 48m 15s
Led Zapplelin II 2 LP plum atlantic label 1st press USD $245.27 Buy It Now 48m 30s
METALLICA - THE UNFORGIVEN II - CD SINGLE - PART 2 OF A 3 CD SET USD $6.80 [0 bids]
49m 40s
DJ SPINNA PRESENTS BEYOND REAL EXPERIENCE VOLUME II JAPAN CD OBI H2457 USD $3.99 [0 bids]
49m 57s
HOSTEL PART II MUSIC BY NATHAN BARR JAPAN CD OBI H2547 USD $3.99 [0 bids]
49m 57s
CULT OF LUNA - Vertikal & II (Record Store Day 2016) - Vinyl (3xLP) USD $48.92 Buy It Now 51m 55s
KAMCHATKA: VOLUME II CD (KILLER RETRO-70s HEAVY GUITAR POWER TRIO ROCKER) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 53m 8s
TOMBSTONED - II - Vinyl (gatefold LP + insert + MP3 download code) USD $31.64 Buy It Now 54m 31s
Les Visiteurs II (Les Couloirs Du Temps) Soundtrack RARE Israel Israeli 1993 CD USD $42.49 Buy It Now 54m 33s
Various Artists - Siesta II Sunset at Mambo Cafe: E... - Various Artists CD FFVG USD $5.00 Buy It Now 55m 12s
LED ZEPPELIN II - REEL TO REEL - 4T - 3.75 ips - PLAY TESTED USD $275.00 Buy It Now 59m 52s
Step II by Sylvester [LP,1978,Fantasy Records] Electronic/Funk/Soul/Disco USD $5.75 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Christmas Interpretations by Boyz II Men (CD, Oct-1993, Motown (Record Label)) USD $3.59 Buy It Now 1h 2m
LEON RUSSELL & MARC BENNO - Asylum Choir II - Original UK LP on A&M USD $8.16 [0 bids]
MAKTHAVERSKAN-II CD NEW USD $10.71 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits VOL.II 8 Track Tape, Tested Watching The River Flow USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
II DOGG - TOO DOGG - Japan CD - NEW J-POP USD $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Desert City Six Dixieland Jazz Band "That's a Plenty" Vol.II Still Sealed Mint USD $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 9m
BERNEY,BOBBY G-SONGWRITER II (CDRP) CD NEW USD $10.18 Buy It Now 1h 9m
OLD LARGE HISTORIC PHOTO OF JAMES BROWN WITH OBA ORKAN ii OF NIGERIA c1970 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
BILLY TALENT - Billy Talent II CD JAPAN WPCR-12426 2006 USD $20.55 Buy It Now 1h 14m
ALBUM II BY KEM (CD) USD $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 14m
CHICAGO II - 4 TRACK 3 3/4 IPS REEL TO REEL TAPE - PLAYS Good USD $22.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
POPE JOHN PAUL II Mass In English SEALED 1979 Vox Christiana LP USD $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Japan Johnny's official file Akanishi Jin (Kat-tun) USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
GUCCI CREW II-G4 (digitally Remastered) CD NEW USD $15.10 Buy It Now 1h 20m
GUCCI CREW II-So Def, So Fresh, So Stupid (digitally Remastered) CD NEW USD $15.10 Buy It Now 1h 20m
GUCCI CREW II-Everybody Wants Some (digitally Remastered) CD NEW USD $15.10 Buy It Now 1h 20m
HOW II HOUSE-The Best Of - Time 2 Feel The Rhythm CD NEW USD $15.10 Buy It Now 1h 20m
STAPLE SINGERS-Gospel Music Anthology: The Staple Singers Vol. Ii (digita CD NEW USD $15.10 Buy It Now 1h 20m
LANCHESTER,ELSA-More Bawdy Cockney Songs, Vol. Ii (digitally Remastered) CD NEW USD $15.10 Buy It Now 1h 20m
GUCCI CREW II-What Time Is It? It`s Gucci Time (digitally Remastered) CD NEW USD $15.10 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Alive II Kiss USD $28.55 Buy It Now 1h 23m
World War II Songs In Hi-Fi The Four Sergeants LP Vinyl Record USD $1.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Rod Stewart As Time Goes By The Great American Songbook II CD USD $1.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
NEW SOUL PATROL VOL.2 / II ~ 12 SOUTHERN SOUL CLASSICS ~ CASSETTE TAPE USD $17.65 Buy It Now 1h 24m
ROGER WILLIAMS~Golden Hits Volume II~Factory Sealed Vinyl LP Record USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
THE COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME VOLUME II * Starday SLP190 * double album USD $16.00 [0 bids]
*RARE* JOHNNY RIVERS - VOLUME II SUPERPAK 1972 UNITED ARTISTS CASSETTE USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Chapter II USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Greatest Hits: I II & III: The Platinum Collection [Box] by Queen (CD Sep-2002) USD $24.95 [0 bids]
CASSETTES - WORLD WAR II - STAGE DOOR CANTEEN USD $3.00 [0 bids]
SPAVEN, Richard - Side II Side - Vinyl (12") USD $14.63 Buy It Now 1h 31m
People's Choice TSOP 4773 Nursery Rhymes Part I and Part II Mint- USD $4.50 Buy It Now 1h 34m
EX Northern Soul 45 : Holly Maxwell 100 ~ Philly Barracuda ~ I & II ~Star 20085 USD $40.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Various Classical Artists - Massive Classics II (CD Album) Used very good USD $3.07 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Shinee World Ii 2CD Brand new, unopened USD $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
NERO Between II Worlds PHOTO Print POSTER Band Welcome Reality Skrillex 001 USD $4.05 Buy It Now 1h 37m
NERO Between II Worlds PHOTO Print POSTER Band Welcome Reality Skrillex 001 USD $5.78 Buy It Now 1h 37m
NERO Between II Worlds PHOTO Print POSTER Band Welcome Reality Skrillex 001 USD $17.36 Buy It Now 1h 37m
U2 Pride In The Name Of Love Japan 12" EP Boomerang I & II 11 O`Clock Tick Tock USD $40.49 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Evil Farm Children - Evil Farm Children Ii: The Evilling [CD New] USD $15.79 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Daniel Gottlob Turk - Keyboard Sonatas/Collections I & Ii [CD New] USD $21.27 Buy It Now 1h 39m
LEAD WITH THE BASS II 2 Hardcore Dub Sound System Style Jah Free LP Ex Listen USD $27.25 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Street Fighter II The Definitive Soundtrack Vinyl Record Boxset 4 LP Brave Wave USD $269.99 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Pra Gente Miuda - Pra Gente Miuda Ii [CD New] USD $6.16 Buy It Now 1h 44m
JONI JAMES Award Winning Album No. II MGM VG++ USD $7.15 Buy It Now 1h 45m
DEATH WISH II SOUNDTRACK LP EX+ VINYL Rare Jimmy Page Led Zeppelin OST 2 USD $13.63 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Colosseum II - Electric Savage LP 1977 MCA Gary Moore, Don Airey, MINT USD $20.44 Buy It Now 1h 46m
BOOKER T. SCRUGGS II "Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled" CD 2000 Chattanooga Gospel USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
DORO.MACHINE II MACHINE.LP FIRST PRESS ORIGINAL.w INNERSLEEVE. USD $269.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Jeff Wayne - War of the Worlds: ULLAdubULLA II (NEW CD) USD $9.18 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Bachman-Turner Overdrive II - LP USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Alan Jackson - Greatest Hits Volume II (NEW CD) USD $9.18 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Fear Of God II - T. Pusha New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $12.53 Buy It Now 1h 56m
HughMontenegro"Theme from TheGodfather,Part II/Shoo-Bee-Doo-Bee-Doo-Da-Day"45PRO USD $2.47 Buy It Now 1h 58m
HOT COUNTRY FOR THE 90S II - ALAN JACKSON, TERRI CLARK, KATHY MATTEA, SAMMY KERS USD $1.48 Buy It Now 1h 59m
LP andromeda (+7' single & inserts)
ANDROMEDA
~ USD $28.39
More places to buy ANDROMEDA music online Buy ANDROMEDA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANDROMEDA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANDROMEDA II = I ratings distribution

ANDROMEDA II = I reviews

Review by Gatot
3 stars This is the second album of Sweden band formed in 1999. They released their debut "Extension of The Wish" in 2001. There is a change in line-up since the debut album with new lead singer David Fremberg and the exit of previous bass player Gert Daun. The bass line is now taken care by the guitar player Johan Reinholdz. Basically it has transformed from five-piece to four-piece band. The rest of the band members are intact: Thomas Lejon looks after drum stools and Martin Herdin (keyboards).

The band has a potential future as great band in progressive metal arena. This album represents their existence in this arena demonstrating their ability to compose and deliver their music with power and energy. Using Mike Portnoy's view of sort of progressive metal elements (*), this album is heavy (70%), progressive (10%) and melodic (20%). Despite its power and energy, the album is (sometimes) lacking in structure and harmony, I would say. It's probably a mixing / production issue.

Having been opened with soft keyboard and guitar, "Encyclopedia" blasts off with heavy riffs and speed bass line followed by vocal. The music flows in full energy with soft guitar riffs at background. At tempo change, during transition, guitar takes its solo part augmented with symphonic keyboard at background. To my personal taste, the harmony between guitar riffs and drum is a bit lacking. It sounds rough to my ears. At approx min 4:50 - the part where the voice is backed with solo drum and keyboard punch - it does not sound natural to me. This track has a very good guitar solo (in the vein of classic rock music) at the ending part. Unfortunately . this guitar solo has to end not in natural way - it fades out and replaced by tape loop of percussion sound. Uughh . what a regret!

"Mirages" starts off with heavy guitar riffs / solo followed by drumming. The voice line enters the scene with the riffs at the back. There is nice keyboard work combined with guitar solo accompanying the vocal. The guitar solo during interlude is stunning.

"Reaching Deep Within" kicks off with a guitar and keyboard works followed by drum and bass. Again, it sounds to me that this part is lacking harmony and melody. It sounds rough. The riffs produced during the voice line are simple but a bit boring to me. To me, this is a straight forward metal tune. "Two Is One" is the longest track (10:09) . It starts with a nice guitar fills followed by slow tempo music to feature voice line. No guitar riffs at this part. The tempo moves faster at approx min 4:00 with higher tone voice line. The guitar riffs start to roll in the middle of the track augmented with good keyboard sound. The combination of guitar and keyboard solo during interlude / transitions is really good.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is an upbeat instrumental piece demonstrating keyboard and guitar sounds. It's a very good composition. I like the harmony of two sounds (keyboard and guitar) in the middle of the track (approx min 4:00) onward. It actually can be better if the mixing is improved as it sounds bit rough to me.

"Castaway" is a mellow track performed in ballad style. The vocal harmony is excellent, the piano fills are stunning. No riffs; guitar is played with fills. No drumming. Solo piano is wonderful. I can hear that the lead singer voice in low register is very good. It's a melodic and relaxing track.

"Parasite" blows off with heavy music and it flows in typical prog met music. The music turns quieter in the middle of the track with great keyboard and voice line. This part is really nice. I can hear sort of jazz/fusion influence in this track.

"One In My Head" starts off with a melodic piano / keyboard touch followed by upbeat music with excellent guitar and keyboard. This track has relatively long instrumental as the vocal takes off around the middle of the track. Despite good performance, this track is lacking in structure (music wise) and mixing (production wise).

"This Fragile Surface" is probably the most symphonic one compared to the other tracks. Yes, there are guitar riffs still but it only accentuates the bars during the voice line. The guitar solo and keyboard work are really wonderful and melodic. This is an excellent track well positioned to conclude the album.

Overall this album is good but not essential. However, I would still recommend this album for those of you who like progressive metal music like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Ice Age, Pain of Salvation, Evergrey, etc. Rating: 3.25/5. GW, Indonesia.

Reference: (*) Interview with Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater as it can be seen from DREAM THEATER "Live at Budokan" DVD - disc 2. It's a simple and practical definition of progressive metal genre, I think.

Review by AtLossForWords
4 stars Relatively new Prog Metal band from Sweden brings nostalgia of Dream Theater.

Andromeda is a Progressive Metal band from Sweden. I have almost nothing but comments from this great and relatively new band. II=I is there second studio release. When one listens to it, the elements of a dark emotional sound with an excellent mix hard and soft matierial will become apparent.

The album is written similar to Dream Theater. Throughout all of the album there are jazzy overtones complimenting the funk-styled rythym playing. Thomas LeJon is a Progressive Metal drummer with talents that can compare even to Mike Portnoy and Virgil Donati. Johan Reinholdz is one of the very best young progressive metal guitarists. On certain occaisions his playing can excel ahead of players like John Petrucci. The future is very bright for this young guitarist (who doubles on bass). His styled is extremely smooth and jazzy, truly a pleasure to listen to. Martin Hedin is also an apt keyboardist. Hedin has excellent skill, but lacks synth sound creativity. The only complaint I really have are the vocals from David Fremberg. He fits the band somewhat nicely, but he has trouble in some of the more delicate tracks. If his voice matures enough to sing smoother in softer parts, he also has a bright future.

The album is quite a piece of work. The opening track Encyclopedia imeadiately gets the listener thinking about the lyrics. The title track Two Is One is a Progressive art. The song has a special touch to it to keep building with emotion while staying calm musically. The track finally starts to climax at the end which was a perfect lead to the next track, the insturmental Morphing Into Nothing. The insturmental shows off the amazing insturmental talents this band has. It's even comparable to Dance of Eternity by Dream Theater, but it's longer and showcases more guitars than keyboards.

The production isn't lively, but it really fits the album. The tones are dark and subtle. Even the drums have a certain bleakness to their tone. The bass isn't noticeable, but Johan Reinholdz makes his living in this band as a guitarist, not a bassist. The keyboards are my only complaint as they are somewhat uncreative with the tone selection.

The music is definately five star quality, but the band is young and I'm sure to see better work from them in the future. A 4 star rating is adequate.

3 stars After the success of their debut "Extension Of The Wish" they follow it up with an allbum that seems to be more focused on the vocallist (and songs) and less on the instrumental work (that is their strength). Well, for whatever reason this one does not hold up well to their first one.

"Encyclopedia" features lots of tempo shifts good guitar and heavy drums. I enjoy the lighter passages a lot, especially the guitar melodies.There seems to be a dark undercurrent throughout this song. "Mirages" opens with slow, heavy riffs with some good guitar solos and keyboard flurries. "Reaching Deep Within" is a song that employs the background synths I like so much. Lots of riffs too. "Two Is One" is the longest song here and the first half is mellow with piano and soft vocals while the second half is more uptempo and heavy.

"Morphing Into Nothing" is a full speed ahead instrumental. These guys can play ! "Castaway" has some reserved vocals and beautiful piano melodies. "Parasite" is all over the place with lots of mood and tempo shifts. The aggressive vocals that come and go don't do much for me at all. "One In My Head" opens with piano and has some complex arrangments. This is an interesting,well done song. We don't get vocals until almost 4 minutes in. "This Fragile Surface" has keyboard melodies all through it and lots of tempo changes as well.

Good album but I don't think i'd recommend it when there is so much good Prog-Metal out there that is much better than this one.

Review by CCVP
4 stars Thank God the title of the album is a lie!

After a relatively successful debut, Andromeda 2 years later release a brand new studio album entitled II=I. However, they changed their vocalist and that is a major change for the better, since David Fremberg vocals are better than Lawrence Mackrory to Andromeda's music. I mean, David Fremberg's vocals fit much better in Andromeda's music than Lawrence Mackrory's vocals, what is ultimately proven when they re-release their debut with Fremberg singing. Another interesting change is that their original bass players is also gone and, because of that, their guitarist Johan Reinholdz played the bass at the recording sessions. The result was very good, but Johan Reinholdz would still be the band's guitarist, after they found the new bass player, which is Fabian Gustavsson now.

Anyway, in Two is One Andromeda present themselves in a much darker mood than the one seen in Extension of the Wish. The songs are still played on the frantic speed they were on the debut, but now they (at least most of them) sound heavier and are in minor scales, what is responsible for the darker or sadder mood here. However, they still have some nice soft songs here, like Two is One and Castaway.

About the songs, musicianship and other features, there are some things i would like to state:

Andromeda's main characteristic is most certainly their incredible instrumental work, specially the guitars and the keyboards / pianos, and this albums shows it perfectly. From the incredible opening of Encyclopedia till This Fragile Surface both the guitars and the keyboards are blasting and the drums make it very round, smooth and complete. However, the musicianship of all players is incredible, in a positive way.

The highlights are: Encyclopedia (one of their best songs ever), Mirages, Two Is One, Morphing Into Nothing, One in my Head and This Fragile Surface.

Grade and Final Thoughts

With a new vocalist, Andromeda definitely reached the next level here, making music that is worthy to be considered and respected in the progressive metal scene. This album is all good, having no bad songs in my opinion, with some considerable highlights. Because of that this album deserves 4 stars.

Review by b_olariu
4 stars Andromeda second release from 2003 was a pleasent surprise for me from the biggining 3 years ago. This swedish prog metal band did a great job here mixing Dream Theater elements with groovy and intrsting arrangemets. I like this kind of prog metal up tempo, fast , slow depends how the mood changes, everything on this second release named II=I is a winner to my ears. Ok the influences are obvious taken from DT but they have also some personality in their work here aswell. LIke very much what the keyboard player Marin Hedin done here, really, something great in full of excellent chops, not to mention the drumer who is very sure of his instrument and created a real solit shythm section with the bass player, great. The voice is a new one on this album face the previous one the debute. I don't know the first album, but the voice of David Fremberg is good and fits very well here. This album has everything to become a great release in the future, complexity, progressive metal that pleases every fan, me included. Every single piece is great, showing that Andromeda is a force in this subgenre, not only followers , but real progressive metal band with talented musicians. 3.5 rounded to 4 .Still the instrumental one Morphing Into Nothing and Encyclopedia are real killers.Looking forward for another album to listen .

4 stars If well, their first album was a good debut, although not too original. On this two is one there's much more variety, audacity and many refreshing music passages mixed in the exact moment with the right elements. This not means a musical evolution, but it's an important step on the path for gett ... (read more)

Report this review (#165080) | Posted by Epsilon | Wednesday, March 26, 2008 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Powerful power metal band, Andromeda was always a band sitting in my library collecting dust. Till one day I decided to give them a listen. And I'd have to say that I was impressed with what I heard for the raw metal and harsh vocals. II=I is a great album with some really good songs. Such as ... (read more)

Report this review (#142475) | Posted by Xeroth | Sunday, October 07, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars After a blazing first album, this one is really a huge step down. Extension was a very up-tempo and technical. It was a fresh sound for progressive metal. In this album, however, the band regresses into cliched themes and sounds. Even the vocalist, who was so expressive and wonderful in extensi ... (read more)

Report this review (#88932) | Posted by SolariS | Monday, September 04, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Excellent disc of the Swedish band ANDROMEDA, al to perish is another very good band that it comes from Scandinavian, that zone where this concentrating very good bands, is the new cluster of bands that are bringing forth talents worthy to turn around to see handle leaves from the earth, where ... (read more)

Report this review (#88639) | Posted by Shelket | Friday, September 01, 2006 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I select around 40 cd's to go on holiday in my black box, and like my review of ASCENSION THEORY, this goes with it. Several earlier views sum up the album, brilliant.Mixtures of fast hard rock/metals and more mellow sounds are the ingridents for a great album,unlike the 3rd album Chimera whic ... (read more)

Report this review (#82076) | Posted by | Tuesday, June 27, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The 2nd studio release by Sweden's Andromeda. Although there are elements of other prog-metal bands they have created their own distinctively style full of synthesizer and effects. All the musicians are on a quite high niveau if you consider they're all about 20! The music changes from heavy pas ... (read more)

Report this review (#53770) | Posted by W.Chuck | Saturday, October 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars this album commands nothing less than five stars. Not one bad song in the bunch. it is beautiful from start to finish. every song has a beautiful into. there is a nice balance of metal and mellow stuff. the keyboards are fantastic. the guitars are perfect, even reminds me of John Petrucci, who ... (read more)

Report this review (#18854) | Posted by daleplate | Thursday, April 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Dissapointing. I purchased this album after recieving several recommendations and thats the only way I can describe it. Andromeda serves up a prog metal, 9 track album that is riddled with cliches and suffers horribly from derivititus. Its hard to fault the band from a technical perspective, t ... (read more)

Report this review (#18853) | Posted by | Wednesday, February 23, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The first album - Extension of the Wish - is the best metal album I have ever heard... this one didn't quite live up to expectations but is a great album nontheless. First album had very little vocals and relied more on the amazing skills of Johan Reinholdz. This album the focus has been taken of ... (read more)

Report this review (#18846) | Posted by | Wednesday, December 17, 2003 | Review Permanlink

4 stars An awesome Band! Andromeda is great: heavy, progressive, technical... I havenīt heard the first album, but II=I is very, very good. Great Vocals, superb guitars, ingenious keyboards and powerful drums. Sure they best effort is yet to come. ... (read more)

Report this review (#18845) | Posted by | Friday, November 14, 2003 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANDROMEDA "II = I"