ACCORDING TO LIFE...

The Carpet Knights According to Life... album cover

Buy THE CARPET KNIGHTS Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Headcase (6:06)
2. Gaze through the days I'll hide (3:56)
3. Without a past (3.36)
4. Eternal sleep (7.17)
5. Cosmical mind (5.43)
6. Lost (6.54)
7. If soon I will be you (5.48)
8. Magical space-style (5.19)
9. Why am I (5.25)
10. Forever is a long time (10.28)

Total Time approx: 60 min

Search THE CARPET KNIGHTS According to Life... lyrics

Search THE CARPET KNIGHTS According to Life... tabs

- Jocke Jönsson / guitar and vocalss
- Tobbe Wulff / guitar and guitar sounds
- Pär Hallgren / bass
- Pelle Engwall / drums
- Manne Nilsson / vocals and flute

Released on October 14th 2009 by Transubstans Record (Trans049)

Thanks to motorman for the addition

THE CARPET KNIGHTS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE CARPET KNIGHTS According to Life... Music

Lost & So Strange Is My MindLost & So Strange Is My Mind
Sound Pollution 2005
According to LifeAccording to Life
Sound Pollution 2014

More places to buy THE CARPET KNIGHTS music online Buy THE CARPET KNIGHTS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE CARPET KNIGHTS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE CARPET KNIGHTS According to Life... ratings distribution

THE CARPET KNIGHTS According to Life... reviews

Review by Windhawk
4 stars This sophomore effort from Swedish outfit The Carpet Knights is a pretty curious affair, where the expression neither fish nor fowl most certainly applies.

Blending light stoner rock with slightly pretentious folk rock akin to Jethro Tull is a curious state of affairs in itself, but when more or less liberally adding psychedelic trait to the compositions as well we're dealing with a fairly eclectic end result, and one that balances on a very thin dividing border between the successful and the ones that aren't really up to scratch. Eclectic music can be that way, that the variety of the the styles used leads to an end result where the different expressions balance each other out rather than enhance the overall experience.

Personally I found the opening number on this CD to be the least eclectic and most successful, a brilliant number with quite a lot of Jethro Tull spirit. And the entire second half of the album works pretty well too, on these tracks the psychedelic embellishments are given more space and for me at leas this lead to generally more intriguing listening too. The compositions in between those left me lukewarm though, smelling fowl and tasting fish - or vice versa.

Still, a good album overall, with close to 40 minutes of strong material and a brilliant album opener amongst them.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#284233) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 30, 2010

Review by seventhsojourn
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RPI
3 stars According To Life (2009) is the second studio album by Swedish psychedelic rockers The Carpet Knights. Out of interest it might be worth mentioning that one or two members of the group occasionally perform with Oresund Space Collective, a space rock band that can also be found here on ProgArchives. Anyway back to The Carpet Knights and the pseudo-American vocals make them sound like a Californian stoner rock outfit, with the emphasis being firmly on the rock part. All lyrics are in English by the way. Musically, the twin guitars of Jocke Jonsson and Tobbe Wulff dominate and most of the 10 riff-laden songs are medium paced with a bass-heavy sound. Yep, it's a bit of a sludge-fest.

Flute is used to good effect on half the songs and this compensates for the apparent absence of any keyboards. I think that guitars produce what sound effects there are on the album. My main criticism is that the album lacks variety; there's little respite from the heavy, one-paced rockers. LOST is the first song where the pace varies and that's already halfway through the album. Actually, things pick up during the second half with some of the best tracks, notably IF SOON I WILL BE YOU and MAGICAL SPACE-STYLE. There's really not a lot wrong with According To Life - fab riffs, tasty flute, several great tracks - it just suffers a bit due to its sameness.

Send comments to seventhsojourn (BETA) | Report this review (#286236) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 12, 2010

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars First thing that I like about this album is its cover. It's beautiful connection of nature and, ahem, nature. That's nature multiplied by two. And believe me, Sweden has beautiful nature (as the rest of Scandinavian Peninsula has).

Music on the verge of Psychedelic and Heavy (more Heavy for me in average, even though some parts are pure Psychedelic), together with certain Retro elements. Quite reminiscent of Motorpsycho (almost like its Norway's counterpart), sharing a lot of same motifs.

Thank you Olav for the word, Stoner Rock (I always forget this one), seems possible that this is the case. However, I don't have proofs. Sometimes it would be good to be stoner, but most of the times, put me out of drugs. I can enjoy it anyway. Very 'eavy (and very 'umble) sound with killing riffs. But never abandoning Psychedelic traces, they're still present no matter what.

Music like this is also good material to make longer tracks and so we get 60 minutes of these delights. However, this music can be boring, because there's quite low amount of eclecticity (variety), you simply have to take it or leave it as it is.

4(-), seemed like good rating at the time. Before I got drunk.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#287046) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 18, 2010

5 stars Swedish Progmasters are back in town, with another masterpiece, and a huge one! Back in town, yes, but with 2 new members, replacing the great drummer they had on ''Lost And So Strange Is My Mind'' and the interesting bassist. Is this good news? It had lots of chances of being a bad thing, to make t ... (read more)

Report this review (#312654) | Posted by Ogilla | Wednesday, November 10, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE CARPET KNIGHTS "According to Life..."