34.788%...COMPLETE

Andrew Craighan - guitar
Calvin Robertshaw - guitar
Adrian Jackson - bass
Bill Law - drums
Michelle Richfield - female vocals on "Heroin Chic"

Keyboards by Keith Appleton and 'Mags'

October 6, 1998
Peaceville Records

Thanks to J-Man for the addition

Buy MY DYING BRIDE 34.788%...Complete Music

34.788% Complete34.788% Complete
Extra tracks · Remastered
PEACEVILLE 2017
$8.56
34.788% Complete ( 2 Lp Gatefold + Bonus Track )34.788% Complete ( 2 Lp Gatefold + Bonus Track )
PEACEVILLE 2017
$18.86
34.788% Complete by MY DYING BRIDE (2004-08-02)34.788% Complete by MY DYING BRIDE (2004-08-02)
Peaceville
$145.47

Virgin Black / Sombre Romantic (Massacre Records) VG+ My Dying Bride USD $4.03 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Line Of Deathless Kings (Vinyl Used Like New) USD $21.85 Buy It Now 2h 19m
My Dying Bride: Like Gods Of The Sun Double LP 2 Vinyl Records 2012 Germany NEW USD $24.95 Buy It Now 2h 53m
SILENT STREAM OF GODLESS ELEGY "Relic Dances" LP my dying bride the gathering USD $18.86 Buy It Now 3h 4m
SORROWFUL "In the Rainfall" CD my dying bride candlemass USD $14.15 Buy It Now 3h 7m
AUTUMNIA "Two Faces of Autumn" DCD katatonia my dying bride USD $21.56 Buy It Now 3h 7m
DOOMED "Our Ruin Silhouettes" CD winter my dying bride USD $13.47 Buy It Now 3h 7m
PARADISE LOST - SYMBOL OF LIFE DOOM UK DEATH METAL MY DYING BRIDE USD $4.99 [0 bids]
CD ~ MY DYING BRIDE ~ THE ANGEL & THE DARK RIVER, 10 TRACKS (3 OF THEM LIVE) USD $2.63 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE-SONGS OF DARKNESS WORDS OF LIGHT (UK IMPORT) VINYL LP NEW USD $26.45 Buy It Now 7h 3m
My Dying Bride - Light at the End of the World [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $11.20 Buy It Now 8h 22m
My Dying Bride Dreadful Hours vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $53.37 Buy It Now 9h 56m
MY DYING BRIDE 'Feel The Misery' Gatefold 180g Vinyl 2LP + Download NEW SEALED USD $22.54 Buy It Now 12h 42m
MY DYING BRIDE-MEISTERWERK 1 (SEALED CD) (ENHANCED WITH VIDEO TRACK) USD $4.00 Buy It Now 13h 23m
My Dying Bride-Line Of Deathless Kings CD NEW USD $16.89 Buy It Now 15h 6m
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 2 - DIGIPAK CD 2001 BRAND NEW USD $42.00 Buy It Now 17h
MY DYING BRIDE - Feel The Misery - BOX 2CD+2x10" USD $79.99 Buy It Now 23h 39m
My Dying Bride - An Ode to Woe (2008) CD+DVD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST USD $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Doom Metal 4 CD Lot (2 new). My Dying Bride. Bongzilla. Wooden Stake USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - The Dreadful Hours - 2001 Magazine Advertisment Poster USD $6.06 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers (CD) extra tracks USD $5.12 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans [CD] USD $12.28 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Like Gods of the Sun [Digipak] [CD] USD $12.28 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk III [CD] USD $17.65 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - For Darkest Eyes VHS Tape (PAL) Peaceville RARE USD $32.90 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES SEALED CD NEW 2013 USD $6.29 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride Official Tour Hoodie XL God's Of The Sun USD $40.42 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride-Introducing My Dying Bride (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $5.57 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Light at the End of the World [New CD] Digipack Packaging USD $15.29 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $39.84 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - 34.788 Complete [New Vinyl] USD $30.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Decibel Magazine Flexi Disc # DB058 My Dying Bride Hollow Cathedra Doom Metal 7" USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - My Body is a Funeral DOG TAG - NEW in AUSTRALIA USD $10.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Anathema "The Silent Enigma" +Doom/Gothic Metal+ My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost USD $7.52 [0 bids]
USD $11.28 Buy It Now
My Dying Bride Feel The Misery vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $53.37 Buy It Now 1 day
MYSTIC CHARM Shadows Of The Unknown PARADISE LOST CELTIC FROST MY DYING BRIDE USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride As The Flower Withers vinyl LP NEW sealed USD $47.35 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride ?- As The Flower Withers Reissue LP 180gm heavyweight vinyl USD $23.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE CD - FEEL THE MISERY (2015) - NEW UNOPENED - ROCK METAL USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CD MY DYING BRIDE "34788% COMPLETE". New and sealed USD $17.34 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - For Lies I Sire [New Vinyl LP] UK - Import USD $22.88 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - For Lies I Sire [New Vinyl LP] UK - Import USD $33.29 Buy It Now 2 days
LOT 5 CD&DVD DOOM BLACK METAL Deep-pression Astrofaes Kara Cephe My Dying Bride USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANATHEMA The Silent Enigma LIKE NEW CD PARADISE LOST MY DYING BRIDE DOOM METAL USD $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride A Map Of All Our Failures CD 2012 Peaceville Germany Slipcase NEW USD $10.95 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride: The Vaulted Shadows CD 2014 Peaceville Germany CDVILEDH509 NEW USD $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - A Line Of Deathless Kings 2LP Gatefold OOP ORG 2006 VILELP150 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE Turn Loose The Swans CD UK Peaceville 1993 7 Track (Vile39Cd) USD $17.64 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE Feel The Misery CD European Peaceville 2015 8 Track CD In USD $9.15 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - The Manuscript-EP (Limited Edition) [Vinyl Maxi-Single] /0* USD $26.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers [Vinyl LP] /0* USD $32.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Light At The End Of The World (Limited Edition) [Vinyl LP] /0* USD $36.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - I Am The Bloody Earth [Vinyl Single] /0* USD $27.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - The Angel and the Dark River (CD, 1995, Fierce) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - The Thrash Of Naked Limbs [Vinyl Single] /0* USD $32.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Feel The Misery [Vinyl LP] /0* USD $36.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - 34.788% Complete (Limited Edition) [Vinyl LP] /0* USD $36.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - A Map Of All Our Failures [Vinyl LP] /0* USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
4 My Dying Bride CDS Like Gods of the Sun Trinity 34.788 Complete The Angel and USD $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun [Vinyl LP] /0* USD $36.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Angel & The Dark River [Vinyl LP] /0* USD $36.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Feel the Misery [New Vinyl] USD $25.39 Buy It Now 2 days
CELESTIAL SEASON-SOLAR LOVERS-OOP-CD-my dying bride-the gathering-melodic-doom USD $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE "34.788%...COMPLETE" CD japan edition USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Peaceville Records - Vile Vibes Cass Comp / Darkthrone, Autopsy, My Dying Bride USD $5.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride Towards the Sinister BOOTLEG CD VERSION 1990 Doom Metal PARADISE USD $30.99 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride: The Angel And Dark River + For Darkest Eyes CD DVD Set 2010 NEW USD $12.95 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride-Turn Loose the Swans CD NEW USD $16.48 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride-The Light at the End of the World CD NEW USD $13.63 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride: A Map Of All Our Failures CD 2012 Peaceville Records Germany NEW USD $9.95 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride: The Manuscript EP CD 2013 Peaceville Recs Germany CDVILES428 NEW USD $10.95 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride The Manuscript EP CD 2013 Peaceville Records Germany Slipcase NEW USD $11.95 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride An Ode To Woe CD + DVD 2 Disc Set 2008 Peaceville CDVILEF207X NEW USD $9.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Grave Flowers - Solace Me - '00 RARE cd Saturnus My Dying Bride Lake Tears OOP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - THE ANGEL & THE DARK RIVER CD + FOR DARKEST EYES DVD Anathema USD $13.00 Buy It Now 3 days
BARREN EARTH On Lonely Towers + 2 JAPAN CD Amorphis Opeth My Dying Bride Tiamat USD $25.40 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride ?- The Stories 3CD 1994 single EP Box Peaceville USD $120.43 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE: FOR LIES I SIRE | ORIGINAL [Audio CD] ?????? BRAND NEW USD $24.50 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Like Gods of the Sun (1996) cd digipack doom metal USD $8.76 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Introducing... 2xCD 2013 NEW SEALED USD $4.03 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride / As the Flower Withers JAPAN+1 PCCY-00928 Rare!!!!! D4 USD $59.99 Buy It Now 4 days
As The Flower Withers [VINYL - BRAND NEW] by My Dying Bride USD $24.91 Buy It Now 4 days
A Line Of Deathless Kings [VINYL - BRAND NEW] by My Dying Bride USD $57.25 Buy It Now 4 days
Feel The Misery [VINYL - BRAND NEW] by My Dying Bride USD $28.69 Buy It Now 4 days
Like Gods Of The Sun [VINYL - BRAND NEW] by My Dying Bride USD $27.88 Buy It Now 4 days
Map Of All Our Failures [VINYL - BRAND NEW] by My Dying Bride USD $39.06 Buy It Now 4 days
The Manuscript (EP) [VINYL - BRAND NEW] by My Dying Bride USD $17.23 Buy It Now 4 days
Songs Of Darkness [VINYL - BRAND NEW] by My Dying Bride USD $27.21 Buy It Now 4 days
The Angel & The Dark River [VINYL - BRAND NEW] by My Dying Bride USD $27.88 Buy It Now 4 days
MOURNFUL GUST - If We Were Alive digi CD '14 - MINT Doom My Dying Bride USD $6.74 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Light at the End of the World (1999) USD $6.05 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE THE DREADFUL HOURS SEALED CD NEW USD $6.29 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride: Feel The Misery Double 180G 2 LP Vinyl Record Set 2015 NEW USD $28.95 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride: Trinity CD 2004 Bonus Tracks Peaceville UK CDVILED46 Digipak NEW USD $14.95 Buy It Now 4 days
MY DYING BRIDE: EVINTA |2CD| ORIGINAL [Audio CD] ?????? BRAND NEW USD $19.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Audio CD: Anti-Diluvian Chronicles, My Dying Bride. New Cond. Box set. 801056013 USD $66.52 Buy It Now 4 days
MY DYING BRIDE-A Map Of All Our Failures VINYL LP NEW USD $39.39 Buy It Now 4 days
KARI RUESLATTEN demo recordings PARADISE LOST MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA 3rd MORTAL USD $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride-An Ode To Woe CD NEW USD $13.56 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride ?- The Light at the End of the World LP- Anathema - Paradise Lost USD $15.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MY DYING BRIDE 34.788%...Complete ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE 34.788%...Complete reviews

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars After the tepid reception of Like Gods Of The Sun, MDB changed the grunge oriented sound of that album to a more experimental direction. 34.788 %...Complete is an industrial and Goth-tinged alternative metal album where MDB tried to catch up with the genre defying music that The Gathering and Tiamat had released in the preceding years. It was very much a hit and miss again. 34.788 %...Complete has the potential of a good album but suffers from a number of shortcomings.

This becomes evident right from the start. The Whore, The Cook and The Mother has nice quiet atmospherics and great heavy Goth symphonic metal parts. But the problem is Aaron's vocal capabilities, or lack thereof. This is the third MDB album in a row where he only uses his singing voice, be it with a bit distortion on some tracks. His clean vocals are inexpressive and dreary, and since he can't convey any dynamics through them, the sinister power of his gruff vocals are surely missed.

A second problem is that each of the tracks is a least 3 minutes too long. There are simply not enough ideas or development in the music to keep them going for more then 5 minutes. Songs like Herion Chic and Apocalypse Woman would have been excellent had they been reduced to appropriate lengths. Now they're merely average. Only Under Your Wings manages to find the balance between length and substance.

Not the best MDB, but probably not as bad as advertised. 2.5 stars

Review by UMUR
4 stars 34.788%... Complete is the 5th full-length studio album by British doom metal act My Dying Bride. The album was released in October 1998 through Peaceville Records. There have been a few lineup changes since Like Gods of the Sun (1996) as drummer Rick Miah had been forced to leave the band because of health issues and violin/ keyboard player Martin Powell left because of musical differences. Apparently Martin Powell had stopped showing up at rehearsals and at some point resigned. The latter is replaced here by session keyboard player Jonny Maudling while the former ( Rick Miah) is replaced by Bill Law.

The music style on 34.788%... Complete is in many ways very different from the bandĀ“s earlier output, but at the end of the day still sounds unmistakably like My Dying Bride. One of the main reasons for the different sound is of course the lack of violin on the album. The violin parts had become one of the trademarks of the bandĀ“s sound and had been a dominant part of every album release up until 34.788%... Complete. Instead My Dying Bride opted to incorporate a lot more keyboards on this album compared to the earlier releases. Lead vocalist Aaron Stainthorpe had left the death metal growls behind a couple of albums ago and on this album he also exclusively sings using his clean voice. ThereĀ“s an experimental aura surrounding this album, and youĀ“ll find some of the most adventurous and ( dare I say) progressive ideas ever recorded by My Dying Bride on 34.788%... Complete. The track Heroin Chic is probably the most obvious example of a track that sounds very different from earlier material. ThereĀ“s an electronic edge to the song, and reciting type vocals in the vein of Nick Cave. The lyrics are also unusually brutal and vulgar with the use of multible swear words. Pretty far from the more usual romantic albeit depressive lyric style. Most songs feature unusual experiments though, so itĀ“s not exclusively Heroin Chic thatĀ“s different. One of my favorite moments on the album is the atmospheric section in the opening track The Whore, the Cook and the Mother, which features only clean guitar, keyboards and samples. That section really moves me, like very little music possess the power to do.

The production is professional and powerful, suiting the music perfectly.

34.788%... Complete is probably the most unconventional album yet released by My Dying Bride, and there are very different opinions about the album among fans and critics alike. IĀ“m one of those that really appreciate that the band had the guts to do something a bit different and I think they fully succeeded in their quest. 34.788%... Complete is among my favorites by My Dying Bride and IĀ“d say a 4 - 4.5 star rating is deserved.

Review by Warthur
2 stars Ew, guys, no, come on. 34.788%...Complete finds My Dying Bride radically experimenting with their sound, and whilst I can respect them for not simply settling into the mode established by The Angel and the Dark River and Like Gods of the Sun, it seems to me like they would have been better off saving these rough experiments for demos and practice sessions, and wait until their experiments had come up with some really solid results before recording an album.

The basic problem of the release is that it's trying to combine a more accessible and commercial sound with a deeply inaccessible compositional approach, with the band pivoting towards gothy-industrial rock in a sort of Marilyn Manson or Stabbing Westward vein in terms of their musical style but still basing their approach around long compositions. Unfortunately, unlike their superior doom and death-doom releases of the past, that length doesn't quite work this time around - more or less all the compositions end up somewhat flabby and could do with being extensively trimmed back. The overall impression is that the band really didn't seem to have much of a firm plan for this one and ended up meandering in all sorts of different directions which don't come together to form a pleasing whole.

2 stars My Dying Bride lost the plot in a major way on this album. Following Paradise Lost's way to oblivion, My Dying Bride came up with an album full of goth rock and triphop, electronica and plain rock. Gone was the mournful doom metal My Dying Bride had made their trademark. Well, most of it, an ... (read more)

Report this review (#297622) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Monday, September 6, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "34.788%...Complete"