FOR LIES I SIRE

Lena Abé - Bass
Dan "Storm" Mullins - Drums

Peaceville Records
March 23, 2009

Thanks to J-Man for the addition

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE For Lies I Sire Music

Like Gods Of The SunLike Gods Of The Sun
Extra tracks
MY DYING BRIDE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE WORLD US $11.00 Buy It Now 1h 21m
MY DYING BRIDE THE DREADFUL HOURS DIGIPACK CD US $11.00 Buy It Now 1h 21m
@ CD My Dying Bride - The Dreadful Hours NEW SS DIGI PACK / PEACEVILLE 2001 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 52m
THE HISTORY OF PEACEVILLE PARADISE LOST AT THE GATES ANATHEMA MY DYING BRIDE US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 37m
MY DYING BRIDE - THE VAULTED SHADOWS: CD ALBUM (May 26th 2014) US $16.73 Buy It Now 6h 37m
My Dying Bride - Dreadful Hour [CD New] US $11.01 Buy It Now 9h 23m
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun [CD New] US $12.12 Buy It Now 10h 34m
For Lies I Sire by My Dying Bride (CD, Mar-2009, Pea... US $11.54 Buy It Now 10h 39m
WEDDING IN HADES 2012 Misbehaviour CD Gothic Doom Death My Dying Bride Anathema US $13.99 Buy It Now 12h 18m
GRAVEFLOWER 2012 Returning To The Primary Source CD Doom Death My Dying Bride US $13.99 Buy It Now 14h 4m
My Dying Bride, Turn Loose the Swans Audio CD US $11.09 Buy It Now 14h 22m
Vaulted Shadows - My Dying Bride US $12.49 Buy It Now 14h 43m
My Dying Bride, Meisterwerk 1 Audio CD US $8.99 Buy It Now 15h 25m
Virgin Black-Requiem-Mezzo Forte(promo cd)My Dying Bride Moonspell US $0.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride, Angel & The Dark River Audio CD US $8.39 Buy It Now 18h 33m
MY DYING BRIDE EMBROIDERED PATCH DOOM DEATH ANATHEMA PARADISE LOST Metal Negro US $4.99 Buy It Now 20h 39m
MY DYING BRIDE FOR LIES I SIRE SPECIAL UKR. EDITION MOON RECORDS US $19.99 Buy It Now 21h 45m
MY DYING BRIDE A LANE OF DEATHLESS KINGS SPECIAL UKR. EDITION MOON RECORDS US $19.99 Buy It Now 21h 45m
NOVEMBERS DOOM-APHOTIC-CD-doom-death-goth-ghost brigade-my dying bride US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 5m
INNER MISSING-ESCAPISM-CD-doom-death-my dying bride-mourning beloveth US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 46m
My Dying Bride - Angel & The Dark River/Darkest Eyes CD US $18.70 Buy It Now 1 day
SHATTERED HOPE 2014 Waters Of Lethe CD Doom Death Ophis My Dying Bride Evoken US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - The angel and the dark river (SIGNED/Autographed!!) US $29.99 [0 bids]
ART IN EXILE- S/T CD NEW PROGRESSIVE DARK/GOTHIC METAL OPETH MY DYING BRIDE 2008 US $3.25 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Dreadful Hour CD US $20.75 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - FOR LIES I SIRE - CDVILEF245 US $18.04 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride : Meisterwerk 1 CD (2008) US $10.14 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride : The Light at the End of the World CD (2008) US $10.51 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES (CD+DVD) - CDVILEF406X US $27.38 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - AN ODE TO WOE /CD+DVD/ NEW 2008 US $14.38 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA 2CD NEW 2011 ???????????????????????????????????? US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride 34.788% Complete SEALED (CD) '98 Original 1st Press Mayhem metal US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 2 [CD New] US $10.39 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE the thrash of naked limbs CD (shipping are not 3 $ !!!) US $22.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE symphonaire infernus et spera... CD (shipping are not 3 $ !!!) US $23.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE i am the bloody earth CD (shipping are not 3 $ !!!) US $22.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans (CD, Feb-1994, Futurist/Mayhem Records) US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MOONSPELL The Great Silver Eye CD My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Anathema / Cm'07 US $3.51 [2 bids]
SILENTIUM "Infinita plango vulnera"cd Spikefarm 1999,My dying bride,Yearning US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE DELUXE LTD ED SONGS OF DARKNESS WORDS OF LIGHT CD BOX SET W/POSTE US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SILENTIUM "Altum"cd Spikefarm 2001,My dying bride,Yearning US $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 1 [CD New] US $12.23 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Angel & The Dark River/Darkest Eyes [CD New] US $12.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Paradise Lost - Tragic Idol [LP, Peaceville Records, NEW] Carcass My Dying Bride US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 1 (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.19 Buy It Now 1 day
SWALLOW THE SUN - THE MORNING NEVER CAME CD MY DYING BRIDE OPETH US $2.99 [2 bids]
My Dying Bride big cd collection inc rare 3 cd Evinta Doom Metal US $60.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE a map of all our failures VINYL LP RECORD NEW! US $29.98 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 2 (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.19 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - Albion (20th Ann Tour) Longsleeve T-shirt - NEW - MEDIUM ONLY US $24.24 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE Introducing Best Of Greatest Hits Double CD NEW & SEALED US $12.65 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - DREADFUL HOUR NEW CD US $23.87 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - ANGEL & THE DARK RIVER / DARKEST EYES (+DVD) NEW CD US $21.28 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Meisterwerk 2 CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE A Map Of All Our Failures Official Sew On PATCH New US $7.23 Buy It Now 2 days
SILENT STREAM OF GODLESS ELEGY "Relic Dances" LP my dying bride the gathering US $22.85 Buy It Now 2 days
DOOMED "Our Ruin Silhouettes" CD winter my dying bride US $16.32 Buy It Now 2 days
PARADISE LOST In Requiem LP Sealed! MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA TIAMAT THERION OPETH US $30.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Line of Deathless Kings (CD,'06,Peaceville) Cardboard Sleeve! US $5.00 [0 bids]
(METAL CD) MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK I (SEALED DOOM) US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Official Boxed Mug - MDBMUG01 - My Dying Bride US $11.41 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - A Map Of All Our Failures (NEW CD & DVD) US $24.06 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride As the flower withers cd US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride 34.788% Complete Digipack CD 2004 Peaceville Records US $8.15 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride The Light At The End Of The World Digipack CD 2004 Peaceville US $8.15 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride The Dreadful Hours Digipack CD 2001 Peaceville US $8.15 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE THE VOICE OF THE WRETCHED SEALED CD NEW US $5.26 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride Songs of Darkness Words of Light Digipack CD 2004 Peaceville US $8.15 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA NEW CD US $30.92 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE The Barghest O' Whitby (Red LP) Opeth, Katatonia, Death, slayer US $100.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - Like Gods Of The Sun - 1996 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.35 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - TURN LOOSE THE SWANS NEW CD US $18.67 Buy It Now 3 days
ALBEZ DUZ DIGI-CD PARADISE LOST MY DYING BRIDE TIAMAT BLACK WIDOW GHOST HUATA US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SATURNUS Martyre 1stPress Euphonious Rec. 2000 (katatonia my dying bride) US $39.00 Buy It Now 3 days
ALEXANDER GLAVNIY Without Waste Words AUTUMNIA OFFICIUM TRISTE MY DYING BRIDE US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Onirophagus - Defiler of hope (pro cdr) MY DYING BRIDE AUTOPSY KATATONIA ASPHYX US $5.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Evinta I & Ii [CD New] US $24.93 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE "THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER" LIMITED EDITION 2 CD UNRELEASED US $40.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride : Evinta CD (2011) US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + FREE BONUSES US $8.06 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE TURN LOOSE THE SWANS + 3 BONUS TRACKS SEALED CD NEW 2014 US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE 34.788 % COMPLETE + BONUS TRACK SEALED CD NEW 2014 US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride GOD IS ALONE 7 1991 VERY RARE LISTENABLE!!!307 of 1000 US $170.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 1 - NEW CD US $12.13 Buy It Now 3 days
Tiamat CD Prey opeth my dying bride type o negative paradise lost amorphis US $3.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE Official LICENSED Sew-on WOVEN PATCH US $4.88 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE Official LICENSED Sew-on WOVEN PATCH US $4.88 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE-An Ode To Woe CD + DVD-BRAND NEW-Still Sealed-Black Metal US $18.05 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE-Like Gods Of The Sun CD-BRAND NEW-Still Sealed-Black Metal US $11.72 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE-Meisterwerk 1 CD-BRAND NEW-Still Sealed-Black Metal US $10.81 Buy It Now 3 days
Ashes You Leave - The Passage Back of Life CD 1999 SEALED My Dying Bride US $3.00 [0 bids]
HAMFERD Vilst Er Sidsta Fet CD EP NEW/SEALED My Dying Bride Tyr Katatonia Opeth US $17.49 Buy It Now 3 days
WHISPERING GALLERY - Shades of Sorrow DIGI CD OPETH, MY DYING BRIDE ANATHEMA US $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
FIRST PRESS OPETH Still Life CD ORG Peaceville 2000 KATATONIA MY DYING BRIDE US $20.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LYCUS Tempest DIGIPAK MOURNFUL CONGREGATION PALLBEARER MY DYING BRIDE ASUNDER US $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
AMORPHIS Tuonela G/F LP 2013 anathema my dying bride in flames opeth nightwish US $31.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - The Light At The End Of The World (digipack) (CD, Jan-2004) US $9.49 Buy It Now 4 days
ANATHEMA"Pentecost III"cd Peaceville 95,Paradise Lost,My dying bride US $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride - Songs Of Darkness Words Of Light [CD New] US $9.94 Buy It Now 4 days
Onirophagus - Defiler Of Hope (CD new)(Evoken, Funeral, My Dying Bride, Frailty) US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MY DYING BRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MY DYING BRIDE For Lies I Sire ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE For Lies I Sire reviews

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars Not knowing anything about this band other than what vagueness genre labels offer, I acquired this album not long after buying Between the Buried and Me's 2009 album The Great Misdirect on a whim (again, knowing nothing about the band), and I was really pleased with the record. Either my taste in music is expanding, or I've just been incredibly lucky on two recent occasions. But unlike the maniacal fury of Between the Buried and Me, this is slow, brooding, methodic doom metal- it's like a corpse being dragged through a field of black eyeliner brushes. The tone of the guitars is nearly perfect for me- not thickened by copious and sloppy overdrive, but rather using tasteful distortion and more than one instrument. Normally, Aaron Stainthorpe's vocal style would not please me, but his grave, almost spoken manner is dark and appealing because it blends so well with the atmosphere. Finally, there is the icing on this funeral cake- Katie Stone's violin is bittersweet and not overused, such that it is the perfect addition.

"My Body, a Funeral" Somber guitar and a deep male vocal begin the album in a sleepy fashion. The contrast of a warm violin and tasteful electric guitar is simply stunning- I was in awe the first time I heard it, and my reaction is similar even now. The heavier part of the piece still lumbers on, making effective use of disharmonic low string bends contrasted with dual guitar harmonies.

"Fall with Me" The bass drum flaps at a fast rate, lending haste to the rhythm, but the other instruments remain sludgy and unhurried. A barrage of drums and guitar underlies some restrained and melodic rhythms.

"The Lies I Sire" Following a deep, almost clean introduction, the band kicks in with all the heaviness that they will muster on this album- not fury, but density, which is a testament to how this band can create intensity using thickness instead of a charging rhythm (the opposite is no less an achievement).

"Bring Me Victory" The violin and drumming are simultaneous highlights. There's growling on this track, but it's understandable and works perfectly well with the sound of the band.

"Echoes from a Hollow Soul" Using those multiple guitar layers to create their heavy sound proves effective once more, but this time it all gives way to a somber piano and dual lead. It intersperses pleasant music with those dark, discordant bass note bends.

"ShadowHaunt" Although not a bad track, this piece is admittedly drearier than the others, and despite the agreeable clean guitar and noteworthy drumming, the music takes awhile to go somewhere. It arrives with razor-sharp guitars and a soaring violin, however.

"Santuario di Sangue" Following almost three minutes of music that is almost more of the same, the band jettisons the usual tricks, allowing for a cold, lonely violin to cry through for a spell, soon bringing the powerful guitars back in a steady rhythm. That melancholic violin returns for the conclusion.

"A Chapter in Loathing" Here the band flexes their extreme metal muscle, with deep vocal growls, overbearing guitars, and powerful drumming despite a moderate tempo. The violin is yet again an asset to the music. This time, however, the vocals almost ruin an otherwise competent composition.

"Death Triumphant" In the beginning of the album's final and lengthiest track, My Dying Bride sounds closer to typical progressive metal. When the distortion is eased out of the picture, what remains are a Tool-like riff and a chilling violin. The length is hardly noticeable since much of the piece is quite similar to the overall flavor of this album- all in all, a great work, but not their best from this excellent example of progressive doom metal.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#272517) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars With the passing of time, Aaron's sombre baritone starts sounding closer and closer to David Sylvian's morose mumblings. The music not just yet though...

For Lies I Sire is a rather unusual album in MDB's discography. The only other album it bears any resemblance to is The Angel And The Dark River, an album that has its loyal supporters but that lacks the depth and agony I find in my usual MDB fix. Also For Lies I Sire is a slowly plodding doom metal beast but it manages to sound more exciting and moving then The Angel And The Dark River does.

A point of note for MDB fans is they they have a violin player again. While not as chilling as Martin Powell's violins on the first 4 albums, the harmonic interplay with the melodic guitar is very similar and restores the classic MDB touch again. Aaron only rarely uses his gruff vocals and when he does they are nowhere near as frightening as they used to do, so they will not be off-putting if you're not into that sort of thing. His clean voice is limited but in fine form and suits the slow and pensive music very well. The three closing tracks are even excellent!

I have a preference for the more progressive and dynamic albums they released around the millennium turn, with Songs of Darkness, Words of Light as their career highlight, but For Lies I Sire is sure another good MDB album, worth checking out for fans of The Angel And The Dark River and lovers of solemn melodious doom metal.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#288055) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 24, 2010

Review by UMUR
4 stars "For Lies I Sire" is the 10th full-length studio album by UK doom metal act My Dying Bride. The album was released in March 2009 through Peaceville Records. There have been quite a few lineup changes since the release of "A Line of Deathless Kings (2006)" as long time bassist Adrian "Ade" Jackson has retired and has been replaced by Lena Abé, session drummer John Bennett has been replaced by Dan "Storm" Mullins and keyboard player Sarah Stanton has been replaced by Katie Stone. In addition to playing keyboards the latter also brings back an instrument that has been absent from My Dying Bride´s music since "Like Gods of the Sun (1996)": The violin.

...probably much to the joy of older fans of the band. To be honest (and I know I´m probably in the minority here) I actually haven´t missed the violin much. I think My Dying Bride have managed to evolve their sound and create interesting music without the use of violin just as they successfully did on the early albums which featured the instrument. With that said the violin is a great asset to the sound on "For Lies I Sire". It´s played with finesse, used tastefully in the soundscape and it doesn´t dominate the album. With or without the violin the music on "For Lies I Sire" is unmistakably the sound of My Dying Bride. Aaron Stainthorpe´s melancholic clean vocals (and some pretty convincing growling/raspy ones too), the heavy guitar riffs and harmonies and the usual flair for details and intriguing songwriting. "For Lies I Sire" is yet another testament to why My Dying Bride are widely considered one of the most important acts in doom metal.

The quality of the material is generally very high and tracks like the opening "My Body, a Funeral", "Echoes From a Hollow Soul", and the closing trio of tracks "Santuario di sangue", "A Chapter in Loathing" (a most convincing blackened death metal track) and "Death Triumphant" are among the highlights to me. The goth tinged and rather Paradise Lost sounding "Bring Me Victory" took me a while to warm up to, but in the context of the full album it makes great sense to include a goth tinged track like that. The track brings variation but doesn´t ruin cohesion.

The musicianship is as always on a high level. New drummer Dan "Storm" Mullins has a great organic style and I enjoy the fact that he is a pretty active drummer considering the fact that he plays in a doom metal band. But then again My Dying Bride always had pretty busy drummers for their style.

Time and time again these guys amaze me with how consistent they are but never to a point where they don´t make little tweaks to their sound to keep it fresh and interesting for their fans. They´ve done it again with "For Lies I Sire" and a 4 star (80%) rating is fully deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#599954) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 30, 2011

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "For Lies I Sire"