FOR LIES I SIRE

Lena Abé - Bass
Dan "Storm" Mullins - Drums

Peaceville Records
March 23, 2009

Thanks to J-Man for the addition

MY DYING BRIDE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MY DYING BRIDE For Lies I Sire Music

Map of All Our FailuresMap of All Our Failures
Peaceville UK 2012
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 46m 50s
My Dying Bride - Evinta CD US $20.32 Buy It Now 46m 59s
Virgin Black-Requiem-Mezzo Forte(promo cd)My Dying Bride Moonspell US $0.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun 2 LP Vinyl Record LP US $37.73 Buy It Now 4h 51m
MY DYING BRIDE - Like Gods Of The Sun - 1996 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.46 Buy It Now 5h 57m
MY DYING BRIDE,SYMPHONAIRE INFERNUS ET SPERA EMPYRIUM.EUROPE 1991 CD.EP. US $9.12 [4 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER/DARKEST EYES [CD/DVD] - NEW CD BOXSET US $11.22 Buy It Now 9h 46m
DECEMBRE NOIR A Discouraged Believer OPETH KATATONIA OCTOBER TIDE MY DYING BRIDE US $15.00 Buy It Now 10h 5m
NECARE-RUIN-CD-doom-death-anathema-my dying bride-mourning beloveth US $12.99 Buy It Now 10h 30m
My Dying Bride - Angel & the Dark River (1996) CD US $13.08 Buy It Now 11h 47m
MY DYING BRIDE - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF K) US $7.46 Buy It Now 11h 51m
Edenbridge Arcana Cassette Nightwish My Dying Bride Katatonia Paradise Lost CD US $7.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER + 4 BONUS TRACKS SEALED CD NEW 2014 US $5.99 Buy It Now 13h 24m
My Dying Bride - A Line Of Deathless Kings Limited UK Edition Paradise Lost US $8.06 [8 bids]
Like Gods of the Sun by My Dying Bride (CD, Jan-2001, Mfn) US $4.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride: As The Flower Withers CD 2004 Bonus Track Super Jewel Box NEW US $12.95 Buy It Now 16h 50m
My Dying Bride: Turn Loose The Swans CD 2003 Reissue Bonus Tracks CDVILED39 NEW US $12.95 Buy It Now 16h 56m
Shape of Despair cd new Thergothon Amorphis Daylight Dies My Dying Bride doom US $10.00 Buy It Now 17h 18m
MY DYING BRIDE - TURN LOOSE THE SWANS (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.74 Buy It Now 17h 53m
An Ode To Woe: Live (CD/DVD), My Dying Bride, Very Good Live US $27.11 Buy It Now 17h 59m
My Dying Bride: Introducing 2 CD Set 2012 Best Of Greatest Hits Compilation NEW US $11.95 Buy It Now 19h 39m
MARCHE FUNEBRE-TO DROWN-CD-dark-anathema-my dying bride-katatonia-doom-death US $11.99 Buy It Now 22h 29m
MY DYING BRIDE FOR LIES I SIRE SPECIAL UKR. EDITION MOON RECORDS US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE A LANE OF DEATHLESS KINGS SPECIAL UKR. EDITION MOON RECORDS US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride-A line of deathless kings-CD BOX-2006-Peaceville-used US $14.66 Buy It Now 1 day
UNSILENCE Under A Torn Sky LP MY DYING BRIDE OPETH PENTAGRAM SAINT VITUS US $11.00 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Songs Of Darkness Words Of Light CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Trinity - Polish Release US $11.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES BEANIE SKI HAT US $19.88 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE - FOR DARKEST EYES - *NEW DVD* *SEALED* US $7.57 Buy It Now 1 day
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans [CD New] US $12.23 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE-TURN LOOSE THE SWANS-CD 2003-DIGIPAK+3 BONUS TRACKS-REMASTERED US $16.57 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE-THE ANGEL AND THE DARK RIVER-CD 2003-DIGIPAK+4 BONUS TRACKS US $16.57 Buy It Now 1 day
3 BOX SET FROM:MY DYING BRIDE PARADISE LOST KATATONIA US $89.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE-THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE WORLD-CD 2004-DIGIPAK-MINT US $16.57 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE-DREADFUL HOURS-CD 2001-DIGIPAK-UK 1ST ISSUE+BOOKLET US $16.57 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE-LIKE GODS OF THE SUN-CD 2001+SLIPCASE US $11.59 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE LOT OF 3 CD'S .METAL Turn Loose The Swans/Songs Of Darkness... US $10.23 [0 bids]
And Here I Lie "Regrets" RARE/OOP Doom,Thorns of the Carrion,My Dying Bride US $28.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MY DYING BRIDE Like gods of the sun US $3.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans CD US $15.46 Buy It Now 2 days
KATATONIA FOR FUNERALS TO COME CD 1995 AV009 anathema my dying bride opeth US $26.99 Buy It Now 2 days
HEDON CRIES - Affliction's Fiction (CD 2007) Anathema My Dying Bride Saturnus US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PARADISE LOST just say words ORIG VINYL LP (1997) my dying bride katatonia US $19.99 [0 bids]
KATATONIA Dead End Kings double LP my dying bride anathema paradise lost tiamat US $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium 12" 1st Press 2 Track EP US $8.28 [1 bids]
My Dying Bride - As The Flower Withers 12" Vinyl LP - 1st Press US $9.45 [2 bids]
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans Double 12" Vinyl Gatefold LP - 1st Press US $77.93 [11 bids]
CRADLE OF FILTH Embroidered Logo PATCH MY DYING BRIDE AT THE GATES DIMMU BORGIR US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE GARDNERZ Embroidered Logo PATCH My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Anathema US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE "A Map of All Our Failures" 2LP 2012 Peaceville Records (Vinyl) US $33.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE Embroidered Logo PATCH ANATHEMA SOLSTICE BAL SAGOTH US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Paradise Lost-S/T Self Titled RARE CD 2005 BMG Anathema My Dying Bride style US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KUOLEMANLAAKSO- Tulijoutsen cd NEW Swallow The Sun Barren Earth My Dying Bride US $6.14 [3 bids]
My Dying Bride For Lies I Sire CD 2009 Peaceville Records US $8.28 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride Turn Loose The Swans Digipack CD 2003 Peaceville Records US $8.28 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Trinity CD 2004 doom collection Peaceville US $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - Evinta 2CD 2011 digibook symphonic doom Peaceville US $13.95 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride - A Map of All Our Failures CD 2012 doom Peaceville US $13.95 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE PATCH 2 US $4.96 Buy It Now 2 days
AVERNUS-Of the fallen cd OOP Novembers Doom Somnus My Dying Bride US $14.99 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE CASSETTE, Turn Loose The Swans, Futurist, Peaceville US $7.88 Buy It Now 2 days
My Dying Bride TURN LOOSE THE SWANS LPx2 UK 801056803917 Peaceville new US $62.57 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - MEISTERWERK 2 [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $10.44 Buy It Now 2 days
Meisterwerk V.2 by My Dying Bride (Digipak, Mar-2004, Peaceville Records (USA)) US $24.99 [0 bids]
MOURNING BELOVETH-THE SULLEN SULCUS-CD-my dying bride-paradise lost-melodic-doom US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - LINE OF DEATHLESS KINGS - NEW CD US $19.29 Buy It Now 2 days
MY DYING BRIDE - FOR LIES I SIRE NEW CD US $24.26 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - 34.788% COMPLETE - BONUS TRACK (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $17.74 Buy It Now 3 days
MOURNING BELOVETH-THE SULLEN SULCUS-CD-OOP-melodic-doom-anathema-my dying bride US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE I Am The Bloody Earth RARE 1994 OOP UK CD Single Ex/Ex Vile44TCD US $26.52 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE Turn Loose The Swans 3 Bonus Tracks CD (New) US $18.67 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE - EVINTA - CDVILEF324 US $12.97 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - 34.788 Complete [CD New] US $12.23 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - For Lies I Sire [CD New] US $14.16 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride - Like Gods Of The Sun (Japan+2) / 11 Track US $9.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Trinity (Japan+1) / 10 Track US $9.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans (Japan+1) / 8 Track US $9.99 [0 bids]
THERGOTHON Fhtagn-nagh Yog-Sothoth LP unholy demilich beherit my dying bride von US $45.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MY DYING BRIDE Like Gods of the Sun, Import, doom, lost, anathema, opeth, slayer US $2.99 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride The Dreadful Hours Digipack CD 2001 Peaceville US $8.28 [0 bids]
My Dying Bride The Angel and the Dark River cd sealed US $21.24 Buy It Now 3 days
Ashes you leave - The inheritance of sin CD 1st Press My dying bride Ophis US $30.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE - TURN LOOSE THE SWANS (180GM) NEW VINYL US $55.55 Buy It Now 3 days
THE ORGAN FANZINE ISSUE 148 JAN 2006 - NINA HAGEN - LIARS - MY DYING BRIDE US $14.91 Buy It Now 3 days
My Dying Bride: Turn Loose The Swans Special Edition 2 CD Set 2013 Digibook NEW US $15.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Like Gods of the Sun - My Dying Bride New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $37.65 Buy It Now 3 days
THE KNELL - Harm (CD 2007) Doom Death Metal Esoteric Draconian My Dying Bride US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
NEX-ZERO-CD-doom-my dying bride-anathema-watain-nominon US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MY DYING BRIDE the thrash of naked limbs CD (shipping are not 3 $ !!!) US $23.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE i am the bloody earth CD (shipping are not 3 $ !!!) US $23.00 [0 bids]
MY DYING BRIDE symphonaire infernus et spera... CD (shipping are not 3 $ !!!) US $23.00 [0 bids]
My dying bride - like gods of the sun LP first press VILE 65 US $125.00 Buy It Now 4 days
COLD COLOURS-COLD COLOURS (2013) US DARK METAL ROTTING CHRIST MY DYING BRIDE US $2.99 [0 bids]
MORGAIN Abandoned In The Forest... CD My Dying Bride Paradise Lost Kathatonia US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MY DYING BRIDE - Turn Loose the Swans US $12.62 Buy It Now 4 days
MY DYING BRIDE - A Map of All Our Failures US $12.85 Buy It Now 4 days
MY DYING BRIDE - A MAP OF ALL OUR FAILURES - CDVILEF407 US $19.12 Buy It Now 4 days
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans [Vinyl New] US $43.39 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy MY DYING BRIDE music online Buy MY DYING BRIDE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MY DYING BRIDE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MY DYING BRIDE For Lies I Sire ratings distribution

MY DYING BRIDE For Lies I Sire reviews

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars Not knowing anything about this band other than what vagueness genre labels offer, I acquired this album not long after buying Between the Buried and Me's 2009 album The Great Misdirect on a whim (again, knowing nothing about the band), and I was really pleased with the record. Either my taste in music is expanding, or I've just been incredibly lucky on two recent occasions. But unlike the maniacal fury of Between the Buried and Me, this is slow, brooding, methodic doom metal- it's like a corpse being dragged through a field of black eyeliner brushes. The tone of the guitars is nearly perfect for me- not thickened by copious and sloppy overdrive, but rather using tasteful distortion and more than one instrument. Normally, Aaron Stainthorpe's vocal style would not please me, but his grave, almost spoken manner is dark and appealing because it blends so well with the atmosphere. Finally, there is the icing on this funeral cake- Katie Stone's violin is bittersweet and not overused, such that it is the perfect addition.

"My Body, a Funeral" Somber guitar and a deep male vocal begin the album in a sleepy fashion. The contrast of a warm violin and tasteful electric guitar is simply stunning- I was in awe the first time I heard it, and my reaction is similar even now. The heavier part of the piece still lumbers on, making effective use of disharmonic low string bends contrasted with dual guitar harmonies.

"Fall with Me" The bass drum flaps at a fast rate, lending haste to the rhythm, but the other instruments remain sludgy and unhurried. A barrage of drums and guitar underlies some restrained and melodic rhythms.

"The Lies I Sire" Following a deep, almost clean introduction, the band kicks in with all the heaviness that they will muster on this album- not fury, but density, which is a testament to how this band can create intensity using thickness instead of a charging rhythm (the opposite is no less an achievement).

"Bring Me Victory" The violin and drumming are simultaneous highlights. There's growling on this track, but it's understandable and works perfectly well with the sound of the band.

"Echoes from a Hollow Soul" Using those multiple guitar layers to create their heavy sound proves effective once more, but this time it all gives way to a somber piano and dual lead. It intersperses pleasant music with those dark, discordant bass note bends.

"ShadowHaunt" Although not a bad track, this piece is admittedly drearier than the others, and despite the agreeable clean guitar and noteworthy drumming, the music takes awhile to go somewhere. It arrives with razor-sharp guitars and a soaring violin, however.

"Santuario di Sangue" Following almost three minutes of music that is almost more of the same, the band jettisons the usual tricks, allowing for a cold, lonely violin to cry through for a spell, soon bringing the powerful guitars back in a steady rhythm. That melancholic violin returns for the conclusion.

"A Chapter in Loathing" Here the band flexes their extreme metal muscle, with deep vocal growls, overbearing guitars, and powerful drumming despite a moderate tempo. The violin is yet again an asset to the music. This time, however, the vocals almost ruin an otherwise competent composition.

"Death Triumphant" In the beginning of the album's final and lengthiest track, My Dying Bride sounds closer to typical progressive metal. When the distortion is eased out of the picture, what remains are a Tool-like riff and a chilling violin. The length is hardly noticeable since much of the piece is quite similar to the overall flavor of this album- all in all, a great work, but not their best from this excellent example of progressive doom metal.

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#272517) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars With the passing of time, Aaron's sombre baritone starts sounding closer and closer to David Sylvian's morose mumblings. The music not just yet though...

For Lies I Sire is a rather unusual album in MDB's discography. The only other album it bears any resemblance to is The Angel And The Dark River, an album that has its loyal supporters but that lacks the depth and agony I find in my usual MDB fix. Also For Lies I Sire is a slowly plodding doom metal beast but it manages to sound more exciting and moving then The Angel And The Dark River does.

A point of note for MDB fans is they they have a violin player again. While not as chilling as Martin Powell's violins on the first 4 albums, the harmonic interplay with the melodic guitar is very similar and restores the classic MDB touch again. Aaron only rarely uses his gruff vocals and when he does they are nowhere near as frightening as they used to do, so they will not be off-putting if you're not into that sort of thing. His clean voice is limited but in fine form and suits the slow and pensive music very well. The three closing tracks are even excellent!

I have a preference for the more progressive and dynamic albums they released around the millennium turn, with Songs of Darkness, Words of Light as their career highlight, but For Lies I Sire is sure another good MDB album, worth checking out for fans of The Angel And The Dark River and lovers of solemn melodious doom metal.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#288055) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 24, 2010

Review by UMUR
4 stars "For Lies I Sire" is the 10th full-length studio album by UK doom metal act My Dying Bride. The album was released in March 2009 through Peaceville Records. There have been quite a few lineup changes since the release of "A Line of Deathless Kings (2006)" as long time bassist Adrian "Ade" Jackson has retired and has been replaced by Lena Abé, session drummer John Bennett has been replaced by Dan "Storm" Mullins and keyboard player Sarah Stanton has been replaced by Katie Stone. In addition to playing keyboards the latter also brings back an instrument that has been absent from My Dying Bride´s music since "Like Gods of the Sun (1996)": The violin.

...probably much to the joy of older fans of the band. To be honest (and I know I´m probably in the minority here) I actually haven´t missed the violin much. I think My Dying Bride have managed to evolve their sound and create interesting music without the use of violin just as they successfully did on the early albums which featured the instrument. With that said the violin is a great asset to the sound on "For Lies I Sire". It´s played with finesse, used tastefully in the soundscape and it doesn´t dominate the album. With or without the violin the music on "For Lies I Sire" is unmistakably the sound of My Dying Bride. Aaron Stainthorpe´s melancholic clean vocals (and some pretty convincing growling/raspy ones too), the heavy guitar riffs and harmonies and the usual flair for details and intriguing songwriting. "For Lies I Sire" is yet another testament to why My Dying Bride are widely considered one of the most important acts in doom metal.

The quality of the material is generally very high and tracks like the opening "My Body, a Funeral", "Echoes From a Hollow Soul", and the closing trio of tracks "Santuario di sangue", "A Chapter in Loathing" (a most convincing blackened death metal track) and "Death Triumphant" are among the highlights to me. The goth tinged and rather Paradise Lost sounding "Bring Me Victory" took me a while to warm up to, but in the context of the full album it makes great sense to include a goth tinged track like that. The track brings variation but doesn´t ruin cohesion.

The musicianship is as always on a high level. New drummer Dan "Storm" Mullins has a great organic style and I enjoy the fact that he is a pretty active drummer considering the fact that he plays in a doom metal band. But then again My Dying Bride always had pretty busy drummers for their style.

Time and time again these guys amaze me with how consistent they are but never to a point where they don´t make little tweaks to their sound to keep it fresh and interesting for their fans. They´ve done it again with "For Lies I Sire" and a 4 star (80%) rating is fully deserved.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#599954) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 30, 2011

Post a review of MY DYING BRIDE "For Lies I Sire"