PLANET EARTH?

The Watch

The Watch Planet Earth? album cover

Buy THE WATCH Music
Studio Album, released in 2010

1. Welcome to your Life (6:11)
2. Something Wrong (7:41)
3. Earth (5:52)
4. All the Lights in Town (8:15)
5. The World Inside (5:58)
6. New Normal (3:41)

- Guglielmo Mariotti / bass
- Valerio De Vittorio / keyboards
- Marco Fabbri / drums

Lizard

Thanks to crazyprog for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE WATCH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WATCH Planet Earth? Music

45 - ERIC CLAPTON - Promises b/w Watch out For Lucy w/ RSO title strip VG+ audio US $2.99 [0 bids]
29m 36s
VARIOUS ARTISTS**WATCH TV: V2 AFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL**CD US $6.90 Buy It Now 36m 20s
VARIOUS ARTISTS**WATCH TV: AFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL**CD US $6.90 Buy It Now 48m 19s
Space Chaser - Watch The Skies NEW LP US $31.59 Buy It Now 51m 26s
B3 KINGS**YOU BETTER WATCH OUT!**CD US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 3m
4 Seasons on Philips promo - Watch the flowers grow/Raven - Doowop/Vocal Group US $3.00 [0 bids]
AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR**ALL HAIL BRIGHT FUTURES**CD US $14.46 Buy It Now 1h 19m
UNCUT Watch That Band CD Album US $5.08 Buy It Now 1h 26m
TODDLA T**WATCH ME DANCE: AGITATED (LIMITED EDITION/DOWNLOAD)**2 VINYL SET US $29.70 Buy It Now 1h 42m
TC**WATCH THE RIDE**CD US $25.19 Buy It Now 1h 54m
TODDLA-T**WATCH ME DANCE (LIMITED EDITION/DOWNLOAD CODE INSIDE!)**2-LP SET US $26.49 Buy It Now 2h 6m
From Here You'll Watch the World Go By by Legendary Pink Dots CD Ka-Spel C93 NWW US $6.99 [0 bids]
Doobie Bros., The - What A Fool Believes/Don't Stop To Watch The Wheels(45,1978) US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 9m
TODDLA T**WATCH ME DANCE**CD US $19.17 Buy It Now 2h 17m
(BQ3) The Auteur, Hey! Watch This ... - 2009 DJ CD US $4.67 Buy It Now 2h 26m
VG++ OLETA ADAMS WATCH WHAT HAPPENS/GET HERE 1990 45 RPM MERCURY 878 467-7 US $3.98 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Alexisonfire - Watch Out NEW CD US $9.64 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Traffixx "Watch Me Now" cd SEALED [PA] US $2.24 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Geoffrey Stoner Watch Out! RARE In Shrink-Wrap Vinyl LP OVQD 1431 Funk 1973 EX US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 39m
TODDLA T Watch Me Dance: Agitated UK vinyl 2-LP + MP3 SEALED Ninja Tune US $15.26 Buy It Now 2h 41m
(DL400) Simon Johnson, How I Love To Watch You Laugh - 2013 DJ CD US $3.38 Buy It Now 2h 46m
The Chocolate Watch Band In the Midnight Hour RARE LIMITED MONO 7" Vinyl NEW RSD US $11.00 Buy It Now 2h 54m
(DY436) Axwell ft Steve Edwards, Watch The Sunrise - 2006 DJ CD US $5.08 Buy It Now 3h 2m
(DW88) Zinc, Watch The Ride - 24 tracks various artists - DJ CD US $10.35 Buy It Now 3h 4m
(DW89) Toast. Volume III: Ones To Watch 2010 - 2 DJ CDs US $10.35 Buy It Now 3h 4m
(503V) The Dials, Watch Her Walk Away - DJ CD US $5.08 Buy It Now 3h 9m
You Better Watch Out! by Rendezvous String Band (CD, 1997) US $3.99 [0 bids]
MUSIC TO WATCH GIRLS BY | RARE Diet Pepsi PROMO pressing defect VG 45 US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Lena Horne, Gabor Szabo ~ Watch What Happens! View BOTH images; NEW CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 34m
KING CRIMSON The Night Watch ATLANTIC US DJ Promotional 45 Stereo/Mono 1974 US $19.99 [0 bids]
Vacuum * by Watch (CD, Dec-2004, Lizard) US $13.60 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Watch the Throne [Clean Version] by Jay-Z/Kanye West (CD, Aug-2011,... US $10.92 Buy It Now 4h 7m
(DK367) Simon Johnson, How I Love To Watch You Laugh - 2012 DJ CD US $4.16 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Watch Me Disappear ...In The Biblical Sense CD US $9.39 Buy It Now 4h 31m
Boltz, Ray Watch the Lamb CD US $6.04 Buy It Now 4h 31m
Watch God Work by Rev. Jasper Williams (CD, Sep-2008, Atlanta International... US $6.33 Buy It Now 4h 37m
New Orleans Soul '60s: Watch Records by Various Artists (CD, Apr-2000, Mardis... US $11.51 Buy It Now 4h 37m
STREET WATCH Volume 3 mixtape CD Young Mase & Synbeatz Detroit Str8 Cain US $21.00 Buy It Now 5h 11m
THE 4 SEASONS-Watch The Flowers Grow (1967) DJ/Promo PHILIPS 45 US $5.70 Buy It Now 5h 29m
Watch Where You Walk, Dan P & The Bricks, Good US $18.29 Buy It Now 5h 30m
3 DEEP "WATCH MY SHOES" 2007 *MINT* 12" US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Hot Shots - Wise Up-Watch Out [CD New] US $11.21 Buy It Now 5h 38m
THE DOOBIE BROTHERS SINGING WHAT A FOOL BELIEVES & DON'T STOP TO WATCH THE WHEEL US $0.99 [0 bids]
Music To Watch Girls By - Featuring The Brass Breed - Wyncote W-9191 (1967, LP) US $1.97 Buy It Now 5h 47m
Lorrie Morgan Watch Me CD 10 Songs Steve Gibson Mitch Humphries Jerome Kimbrough US $4.98 Buy It Now 5h 53m
COUSINS: Kili-watch 45 (Euro, no center) Oldies US $15.00 Buy It Now 5h 59m
DOCTOR'S CAT watch out! 12" VG+ DAN 1606 Vinyl 1983 Record US $14.00 Buy It Now 6h
JOE TEX - SKINNY LEGS AND ALL / WATCH THE ONE - 1967 UK IMPORT 45 EX+ MINT- US $5.50 [0 bids]
David Bowie -Watch That Moonage Daydream MiniLP cd US $9.99 [0 bids]
Chris Bruni Watch Me Burn CD US $3.25 Buy It Now 6h 25m
Fourth Watch - Odd (1998 Fourth Watch) US $22.99 Buy It Now 6h 59m
ROLLING STONES SINGLES COLLECTION THE LONDON YEARS JAPAN 3 CD OBI BOX + 2 WATCH US $199.99 Buy It Now 7h 19m
1967 JOE TEX 45 RPM WATCH THE ONE / SKINNY LEGS AND ALL US $3.00 [0 bids]
Watch The Sun Ep [Vinyl 12 [VINYL], Zentz Bryan, Good US $35.04 Buy It Now 7h 42m
PATSY RUTH ELSHIRE ,SUGAR LUMP,WATCH DOG,ABT V++ ,PLAYS BETTER ,ROCKABILLY US $43.99 Buy It Now 7h 59m
Billy Always Watch Out Extremely Rare R&B Cd 1988 US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE ANGELS- ANGEL CITY IN US- DARK ROOM & WATCH THE RED- 2 CDS IN DOUBLE JEWEL!! US $129.99 Buy It Now 8h 13m
Marble Index - Watch Your Candles Watch Your Knives CD US $5.49 [0 bids]
HOLLY NEAR watch out! LP Mint- RR406 Vinyl 1984 Record US $6.40 Buy It Now 9h 12m
Baja Marimba Band "Watch Out" LP A&M 1966 Mono Hal Blaine US $0.99 [0 bids]
Augie March Watch Me Disappear CD - Like New US $7.99 Buy It Now 9h 34m
Music to Watch Girls By (Box Set 2 CDs, May-1999, MSI Music Distribution) US $9.95 Buy It Now 9h 57m
Watch Me by Lorrie Morgan CD ~ NEW SEALED ~ US $4.99 [0 bids]
BLACK WATCH PATROL s/t dear john LP VG UAS 7967 Vinyl Record US $6.40 Buy It Now 10h 43m
MAE MOORE "I'LL WATCH OVER YOU" PROMO CD US $0.99 Buy It Now 11h 40m
Watch My Lips [DVD] by Sophie Ellis-Bextor US $4.71 [1 bids]
THE LOST G'S - WATCH THEM BOYZ 3-2 BIG POKEY RARE TEXAS US $79.98 Buy It Now 13h 28m
Sugar Boy - Watch Her Whip Her / You Call Everybody Sweetheart - Checker 541 tes US $16.97 Buy It Now 13h 40m
Thornton Sisters - Watch Your Step - Bobsan US $50.92 Buy It Now 13h 40m
Music to Watch Girls Go By Al Hirt CD Brand New US $9.95 Buy It Now 13h 44m
FRANK SINATRA SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME LP HARMONY LABEL US $7.99 Buy It Now 14h 26m
MAJOR LAZER - Watch Out For This (Bumaye) - 12" US $19.67 Buy It Now 14h 38m
Toddla T - Watch Me Dance - Agitated - 11 Track US $6.77 Buy It Now 14h 40m
Crewe,Bob Generatio - Music To Watch Girls [CD New] US $11.28 Buy It Now 14h 42m
JAH WOBBLE AND PJ HIGGINS watch how you walk 12" 4 track, inc. dennis bovell rem US $13.56 Buy It Now 15h 23m
NEW Someone To Watch Over Me Susan Boyle CD US $8.00 Buy It Now 15h 32m
Watch Me Disappear by Augie March US $8.04 Buy It Now 15h 46m
CHRIS RICE (COMPOSER - RUN THE EARTH, WATCH THE SKY - NEW CD US $6.98 Buy It Now 16h
Today Watch Me Shine / Put Your Lights on, Santana, Everlast, Very Good Single US $3.92 Buy It Now 16h 8m
JAY Z Kanye West - Watch The Throne - 2765057 US $12.82 Buy It Now 16h 28m
Steve Hackett - To Watch the Storms - 506388 US $20.25 Buy It Now 16h 34m
Lorrie Morgan 45 Watch Me / She's Taking Him Back w/ts US $3.00 Buy It Now 16h 43m
LORRIE MORGAN * WATCH ME & SHE'S TAKIN' HIM BACK AGAIN * 45RPM US $6.00 Buy It Now 16h 46m
The Holidays Watch Out Girl No Greater Love Golden World label Detroit R US $10.00 Buy It Now 16h 52m
Watch Out (New-Sealed) - Barrabas - Atco SD 36-136 US $19.99 Buy It Now 17h
29TH STREET SAXOPHONE QUARTET watch your step LP VG- NN 1002 Vinyl 1986 Record US $15.00 Buy It Now 17h 3m
JOHN BARRY/ADAM FAITH Lonesome c/w Watch Your Step UK 7" 45 Parlophone US $3.99 Buy It Now 17h 8m
SUICIDE WATCH-FIGURE HEAD OF PAIN + 5 BNS TCK-CD-thrash-metal-crossover US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 29m
BARRABAS - Watch out (1976) Latin Funk Disco Rock US $7.99 Buy It Now 17h 35m
Labi Siffre - Watch Me US $39.99 Buy It Now 17h 45m
Band of the Black Watch SEALED LP The Sands of Time US $7.00 Buy It Now 18h 8m
Watch Tv And The Primetimes - Discolexia (CD) US $9.62 Buy It Now 18h 35m
JAY Z KANYE WEST WATCH THE THRONE JAPAN CD OBI SS F9529 US $5.99 [0 bids]
JAY Z KANYE WEST WATCH THE THRONE JAPAN CD OBI NEW SS K103 US $5.99 [0 bids]
PAUL WHITE - Watch The Ants. UK 10 track CD (Homeboy Sandman, Buy 3 = Free P US $1.68 [1 bids]
45 RECORD THE 4 SEASONS- WATCH THE FLOWERS GROW US $0.99 [0 bids]
WAKING EYES**WATCH YOUR MONEY**CD SINGLE US $3.10 Buy It Now 18h 46m
ANT & DEC - BETTER WATCH OUT - CD SINGLE US $1.68 [0 bids]
Watch for the Hook [CD/Vinyl Single] [Single] by Coo... US $0.49 [0 bids]
Barrabas - Watch Out LP - Atco VG+ US $6.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE WATCH music online Buy THE WATCH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WATCH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WATCH Planet Earth? ratings distribution

THE WATCH Planet Earth? reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Well, I know The Watch (and Night Watch) but Inever bother to write a review, not even for the so called īclassicī Vaccum (which, by the way, I bought after reading the glowing reviews when I joined PA). Itīs not that I donīt like them or similar minded outfits.The main problem with all the bands that try to emulate (or simply cloning) Gabriel era Genesis is the fact that they are all good to reproduce that groupīs timbres, arrangements, voices and even manneirisms, but rarely their real soul that is their stunning songwriting skill. Worse, they tend to concentrade their interpretation on the more dense, obscure and complex side of Genesis (like most parts of The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway) instead of their great melodic and creative approach of their best known numbers (Citizen Cane is a good exemple of how unfathomable and plain complex they can get by this route).

The Watch does not exactly fall in that trap. Their use of acoustic guitars, Banks sounding keyboards and Hackett-like electric guitar solos are very well done and reminds me of Genesis best in many ways. Unfortunatly they did not come up with a convincing bunch of songs to match their good intentions. Planet Earth? However shows an obvious improvemnt over their previous effords. Not only the production here is much superior to all theyīve had before but the first two tracks are probably the best I ever heard written by this italian outfit. It was almost like facing what would be if Peter Gabriel stayed on around the time of A Trick Of The Tail. The remaining songs are not so good and listenging to them soon made my initial enthusiasm fade. Each one a little weaker than the previous. Not bad, really, but a little let down after the electrifying start.

Obviously all the musicians involved are very skillful and all. Simone Rossetti sounds A LOT like Peter Gabriel. And I guess they are on the way to write better and more convincing tunes in near future. At least this is what I hope. They had developed and deserve consideration. So a 3 star rating seems just about right. Good, sometimes very good, but (still) non-essential.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#268922) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 28, 2010

Review by Prog-jester
4 stars With every new THE WATCH release it becomes more difficult to write something new; I mean for us both, for me as a reviewer and for them as a band ;) Simone and the guys have been floating in Gabriel's GENESIS waters almost for 15 years (beginning from THE NIGHT WATCH's debut), and it's simply unbelievable how they manage to create something new within such narrow borders of their self-proclaimed style. Some modern arrangements, some unexpected hints, some fresh vocal overtones thrown here and there, but to be fairly honest "Planet Earth?" is the first THE WATCH album that I didn't put on repeat after the first listen; I've returned to it few weeks later, and now I feel like it's really good and solid work. 3.5 stars rounded to 4!

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#272479) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 17, 2010

4 stars I think this is the best thing they've done since "Vacuum". Now it's not as good as that particular album, but I do think it's worth 4 stars unlike their other two studio albums "Ghost" and "Primitive" both of which I gave 3 stars to respectively. The thing with "Vacuum" was the mellotron and the emotion that came with it.This new album doesn't have quite as much mellotron or emotion but enough to get me excited about this band again. And they use real mellotron unlike many modern bands.

"Welcome To Your Life" settles quickly with vocals then starts to pick up again after 1 1/2 minutes. I like the chorus.Mellotron before 5 1//2 minutes to end it. Nice. "Something Wrong" opens with acoustic guitar and reserved vocals. Electric guitar and a fuller sound before 2 minutes as these contrasts continue. Love when that electric guitar comes in. Flute after 4 minutes. This is a beautiful track. "Earth" has a powerful intro before vocals and an uptempo melody take over. Lots of keyboards and the tempo shifts often. Electric guitar after 4 minutes followed by mellotron.

"All The Lights In Town" opens with piano as pulsating organ, bass, drums and vocals take over. Guitar before 2 minutes then it calms right down. Not for long though. The mellotron, keys and vocals sound amazing 6 1/2 minutes in. "The World Inside" sounds so good with the vocals, keys and drums. It does get fuller as contrasts continue. Gorgeous track. "New Normal" is pastoral with flute. Reserved vocals join in. Mellotron too. "Tourist Trap" kicks in quickly with vocals. Nice bass too. It settles again as mellotron rolls in. The tempo continues to change. Lots of mellotron 5 1/2 minutes in.

My faith in this band has been rewarded. Sure this is GENESIS-101 but it's so good.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#280834) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 07, 2010

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Is it a curse or blessing that one sounds like Peter Gabriel ? I don't mind it, I quite like this style, so this isn't a problem. I listened it album few weeks ago and after this listen, I was disappointed. So I concentrated on other work and left this album be while I returned recently to hear if I was wrong. Yeah, I was, I like it now.

For those who was disappointed that golden era of Genesis lasted just few albums (even regarded as masterpiece by Prog community), there is solution. There are bands that are considered by some as Gen-clone bands, that play (and sing) in "vein" of G. et cetera.

Why not I say, if it's influence, then it is OK. What is also important is to give "heart" to album making process, especially when it's Symphonic / Neo genre. I feel it here, it's present and it works. It's funny because when I was listening acoustic guitar solo in Something Wrong, I realized that I hear one part of "Supper's Ready", only polished, enhanced, upgraded. So I tried to find out if anyone feels the same way in previous reviews. Torodd's review shows that it's easy to guess which Gen album it may be. I wished it's Foxtrot and yeah, we are two. At least.

Earth on the other hand really reminds "Dance on a Volcano. We can continue like that for a long period of time, but it's not really that important.

As long as you don't mind it, you'll be OK. Because songs, tracks here, music in general is very good. With this strange feeling that you have heard it before. And you know even why.

4(-) should be balanced enough.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#280946) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 08, 2010

Review by Nightfly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars It's very difficult to say anything about The Watch that hasn't already been said in reviews of this album or previous ones for that matter. Understandably most people are going to immediately seize upon their uncanny resemblance to Genesis. This can't be denied and whether it's a good or bad thing is down to your own individual feelings about bands blatantly ripping off others to the point of being totally derivative. My own feelings on this is that we don't have Genesis anymore, never have in a prog sense for almost thirty years now and if we can't have them then this damn fine band will fill the spot nicely.

Whether The Watch sounded like Genesis or not there would be no getting away from the fact that vocalist Simone Rossetti is totally in the Peter Gabriel School of singers. Partly for this reason parallels are often drawn with the Gabriel Genesis era and quite rightly too. The instrumentation is very much of the early Genesis era too with Tony Banks styled piano, Mellotron and Hammond and guitars picked and strummed ala Steve Hackett and Mike Rutherford. Even the rhythm section borrows though in a more simplified form. Musically though I would stretch the influences as far as early Collins fronted Genesis with parts here and there, particularly on Something Wrong having a Trick Of The Tail vibe. Entangled and Ripples anyone?

How The Watch get away with all this is simple. They write great songs and have produced an album with subtle melodies that admittedly take a few plays to get under the skin, but when they do you're hooked. They produce a lovely sound, low on the bombastic front steering a largely mellower course, but that's fine with me. It's a very consistent album, not a weak moment in sight, the seven compositions full of interest with plenty of subtle changes and pleasing authentic seventies sounding instrumental moments.

Whether you like this album or not is going to depend on how much you like Genesis. If you don't then it's not for you but if you're a fan and don't mind something derivative then Planet Earth? Is well worth a listen.

Send comments to Nightfly (BETA) | Report this review (#282492) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Review by Warthur
3 stars I'm usually quite favourably disposed towards The Watch, because whilst they are an unabashed Genesis clone band they are at least able to present a skillful blend of the modern and the nostalgic, with their music resembling the classic Genesis sound with a sprinkling of more current touches. On Planet Earth, however, The Watch seem to have brushed those sprinkes aside in favour of more direct and (to my ears) unoriginal Genesis worship. It's all a pleasant enough listen, of course, but this time around the band seem to be low on inspiration - and that's never something I like to hear happening to a band I like, because who knows when they'll get it back?

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#744714) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 26, 2012

Review by Gatot
3 stars Greetings from Jakarta! Happy Eid Mubarak for those muslims who are progheads as well ..!

Hi there! How are you? Sorry for missing from this lovely prog site such a long long time even though I keep visiting this site at least once in a week....but I have not written anything prog at all so far even though I am still proggin' till now and forever till the end of the world, probably ... My BIG apologies for many of you who emailed me and sent me PM asking me to comeback revieing prog albums. Yeah .. I wanted to but I had other demanding commitments on other things that I had to manage. Trust me .. I always keep on proggin' ....and have been enjoying many new prog albums such as Spock's Beard, Steven Wilson, The Tangent, The Flower Kings, Pain of Salvation and many more. Some of them I realize that I have not written any word about it including this album by The Watch. Let me try again to write another prog album review and hope that I still remember how to write good review as I really busy with other things including something related to music, ie the rebirth of cassette tape as an excellent analog medium for vintage prog and rock music. In my country, cassette tape is now regaining its competitive edge as many music lovers are getting bored with the clean (too damn clean) of digital music while vinyl is too damn expensive to acquire to most people.

Let's now talk about this "Planet Earth?"...

First off, you may recall that I am a great fan of symphonic prog - so no wonder that I love Genesis, Yes, ELP and the like. Talking about Genesis, most of you might refer to the charismatic figure of Peter Gabriel with his powerful voice. I missed Gabriel voice after he left Genesis that's why when I had a CD of Citizen Cain where the voice of Cyrus was clearly emulating Gabriel's I was so happy. Later, I found the Italian band named as The Night Watch whom its vocalist sounded like Gabriel as well - I was very happy also. I don't mind people call this band as copy cat of Genesis Gabriel era. So what? That's what I want, so ... I kept listening the band which later changed the name to The Watch. The fact that the vocalist sounds like Gabriel is a plus point for me even though musically is not as complex as Genesis. Never mind, I still enjoy it.

This album came to me long time ago and by the time I'm writing this review I have spun the album for more than eight times in its entirety already - so it's about time to write a fair review about this. Overall, I still think this album represents what I expected from this band who has been in fact consistent with its music direction: emulating Gabriel voice and Genesis kind of music. So, I am very happy about it. As I keep spinning it I find that as far as music flow this album makes a tendency for the listeners to get bored with the music which is not quite enthusiastic or less energetic, I would say, after the first impressive track. Sometimes I could not stand to listen the album until the end because of there was not so much variations in terms of nuances and musical dynamics. It's too soft probably...and less melodious.

The first track "Welcome to your Life" (6:11) is really impressive and very energetic as a symphonic prog music. It's not as energetic as "Back in NYC" but it makes me smile and happy enjoying the music especially with the repeating riffs that form an excellent rhythm section. It's so wonderful and I don't hesitate to give this track as an excellent one with fice star rating! In fact, this track has become my prime motive to spin this album. It's really my favourite track from this album and probably one of the finest from The Watch.

Unfortunately the great dynamic created by the opening track is not maintained beautifully at the following track 2. "Something Wrong" (7:41) which seems like being positioned like Genesis' "Entangled" with similar segments sounding alike. Great guitar work actually. It's like a dream comes true: Gabriel sings at A trick of The Tail album. fabulous idea, right? Unfortunately this track lacks its soul and nuance so that it creates a drawback. Don't get me wrong, this is a good track - but not having enough soul, in my opinion.

The third track "Earth" (5:52) is more energetic and in the same vein as the opening track. I would imagine if this one should have been positioned right after the first track ends or it flows seamlessly. The reason is because they both are in the same vein. Even tjough it's not as energetic as the opening track but this one is energetic and has its soul. It has some mellotron breaks as well. "All the Lights in Town" (8:15) starts nicely with piano work followed with energetic music like Watcher of The Skies style, combined with Get tHem Out By Friday - listen to how the bass guitar is played. The closing track "Tourist Trap" (7:23) is another good track from this album. The composition is balanced combining the energetic as well as mellow part with very good guitar fills very specific like Genesis.

In summary, this is a very good album from The Watch and I want them continue with this kind of music they play. I think this one deserves a 3.5 star rating. Never mind being called as Genesis copy cat. It's an excellent copy cat band. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

*) Oh I forgot how to make Bold and Italic ....

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#1015876) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 10, 2013

5 stars Fourth time's a charm for Gabriel-era Genesis influenced The Watch (not counting the debut as The Night Watch), and on this one the melodies are a bit stronger, the chords a bit more instriguing, and the band a bit tighter than on their previous releases. For me personally, each cd is progress ... (read more)

Report this review (#275993) | Posted by snelling | Friday, April 02, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I believe I am an admirer of this band. So a review of their new album is in order. It is impossible to listen to a The Watch album without even trying to guess which Genesis album this album is trying to copy. I can fully understand why half of their career is devoted to touring as a Genesis ... (read more)

Report this review (#269143) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Monday, March 01, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I have always been a big fan of Genesis and, usually, I am also very indulgent in judging the work of the so-called Genesis's "clones". Nonetheless I think that this last effort from THE WATCH is a typical example of good packaging without content. Yes, a first superficial listen to the new album ... (read more)

Report this review (#266459) | Posted by Poldo65 | Monday, February 15, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Let me be the first to review this cd. I can't remain objective when I review an album from The Watch simply because when I hear them, they tickle hidden memories from my youth. I grownt with the music of Genesis since "Nursery Crime" era, The Watch play that way but not simply cloning that ki ... (read more)

Report this review (#265106) | Posted by crazyprog | Tuesday, February 09, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE WATCH "Planet Earth?"