PLANET EARTH?

The Watch

The Watch Planet Earth? album cover

Buy THE WATCH Music
Studio Album, released in 2010

1. Welcome to your Life (6:11)
2. Something Wrong (7:41)
3. Earth (5:52)
4. All the Lights in Town (8:15)
5. The World Inside (5:58)
6. New Normal (3:41)

- Guglielmo Mariotti / bass
- Valerio De Vittorio / keyboards
- Marco Fabbri / drums

Lizard

Thanks to crazyprog for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE WATCH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WATCH Planet Earth? Music

TimelessTimeless
Imports 2011
Watch Out! by Lovex (CD, May-2011) US $12.99 Buy It Now 34m 12s
(BR962) Mockingbird, Wish Me Luck, Let's Watch The Sunrise - DJ CD US $4.57 Buy It Now 34m 49s
Watch Tower Singing & Accompanying Yourselves Set of 10 LP's US $39.99 Buy It Now 41m 19s
ELVIS COSTELLO Interview Promo-Only/Watch Your Step 12" Tom Snyder 1981 NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 45m 13s
Someone to Watch Over Me by Susan Boyle (Vocals) (CD, Nov-2011, Columbia (USA)) US $3.99 Buy It Now 52m 6s
JOHN CONTE - Cargo Watch/Your Lips Are Tender | RARE popcorn storyteller 45 US $7.99 Buy It Now 52m 38s
J.B. LENORE Man Watch Your Woman/Mamma Talk To Your Daughter 45 PARROT 809 BLUES US $170.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Vtg 1966 BOB CREWE GENERATION Music To Watch Girls 45 RPM DynoVoice Record 229 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Kevin Clay : Watch Me Fall CD (1996) US $4.02 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Watch TV After School Version CD US $5.28 Buy It Now 1h 50m
POLY-6117 TRAX Watch Out! OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record Pop US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Chris Bruni Watch Me Burn CD US $13.63 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Unknown Artist Watch What Happens CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Vtg 1956 THE TURBANS Sister Sookey & Ill Always Watch 45 RPM Herald Record 469 US $9.99 [0 bids]
Various Artists Watch Your Back CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Sweet Love b/w Watch Your Step Anita Baker 45 Elektra 7-69557 NM US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Jules Shear Watch Dog / The Eternal Return Lot Of 2 New Wave Synth-Pop Promo LPs US $9.79 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Jules Shear Watch Dog / Steady Lot Of 2 New Wave Synth-Pop Promo Records EMI US $11.19 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Watch It Burn : Radio Pollution CD (2008) US $4.94 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Watch The Rising Day - Matthew Smith CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Unknown Artist Keeping the High Watch CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Johnny Adams - I Believe I'll Find Happiness/I Brought It All On Myself Watch NM US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 30m
JAY Z KANYE WEST WATCH THE THRONE JAPAN CD OBI NEW SS K103 US $5.99 [0 bids]
45 RECORD CARLOS SANTANA WATCH YOUR STEP WLP PROMO 38-03925 US $3.74 Buy It Now 3h 42m
1956 Artie Wayne Cargo Watch VIP 4 Song EP 6060 45 rpm VG++ Vinyl US $8.80 Buy It Now 3h 42m
BIG FOOT I Apologize Watch Your Step Soul 12" SUE INTERNATIONAL INC NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 55m
GG ALLIN AND THE MURDER JUNKIES WATCH ME KILL 7" 45 EP + PS RED VINYL PUNK US $35.00 Buy It Now 4h 3m
THE SUNTONES Watch What Happens barbershop quartet Jackie Gleason vinyl Lp NM! US $18.88 Buy It Now 4h 12m
WATCH TOWER: Energetic Disassembly LP (Texas metal classic, inner sleeve, sm to US $75.00 Buy It Now 4h 29m
SHEENA EASTON cd NO STRINGS Someone to Watch Over Me How Deep is the Ocean JAZZ US $9.99 [0 bids]
JOE TEX watch the one/skinny legs and all - 7" - US $0.99 [0 bids]
LINDA RONSTADT CD the NELSON RIDDLE orchestra WHATS NEW someone to watch over me US $9.99 [0 bids]
New Sealed CD Colorado Mass Choir Watch God Move US $9.34 Buy It Now 5h
Dilated Peoples SEALED CD Neighborhood Watch US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 11m
Jay Z Kanye West Watch The Throne Deluxe 2 LP VG++++ US $49.99 [0 bids]
Manford Mann's Earth Band LP Watch 1978 VG+ US $6.95 [0 bids]
BUFFALO CHIPS BAND Watch Your Step LP Guitar Cowboy Rockabily US $18.00 Buy It Now 5h 44m
Various Artists : Someone to Watch Over Me : The Songs of George US $8.55 Buy It Now 6h 32m
Bennett, Arlon Watch Man CD US $5.61 Buy It Now 6h 32m
VARIOUS ARTISTS : WATCH THE SKIES CD (2010) US $4.03 Buy It Now 6h 46m
Bob Marley and The Wailers Rastaman Vibrations ILPS 9383 (EX) WATCH VIDEO SAMPLE US $17.99 Buy It Now 7h 11m
Magnant, Jim Watchers Watch CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 39m
The Accents - Tell Me / Better watch Out Boy on Challenge US $0.99 [1 bids]
Ted Hawkins -Watch Your Step(sealed new Cassette Tape,1987)Contemporary Blues US $0.99 [0 bids]
SUSAN BOYLE-SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 8h 2m
Watch Me by Lorrie Morgan CD ~ NEW SEALED ~ US $4.99 [0 bids]
HOOKER CHEAP WATCH US $2.49 [0 bids]
Black Watch - Dark Island [CD New] US $12.12 Buy It Now 8h 49m
Gen-14 Not on My Watch CD US $8.52 Buy It Now 8h 52m
Watch the Fireworks by Emma Pollock (CD, Sep-2007, 4... US $8.10 Buy It Now 9h 17m
Black Watch : Hypnotizing Sea CD (2005) US $7.68 Buy It Now 9h 29m
1967 JOE TEX 45 RPM WATCH THE ONE / SKINNY LEGS AND ALL US $3.25 Buy It Now 9h 51m
Ted Hawkins - Watch Your Step CD US $18.40 Buy It Now 9h 56m
Michael Parks - Watch The World [CD New] US $14.34 Buy It Now 10h
Mesh - Music To Watch Cranes By [CD New] US $14.98 Buy It Now 10h 3m
Descendents Watch Black Flag Circle Jerks Punk US $15.00 [0 bids]
Roots With Ruark - Plant A Song & Watch It Grow [CD New] US $18.10 Buy It Now 10h 8m
Goodnight Tonight-Watch the Rain CD NEW US $10.34 Buy It Now 10h 33m
Someone to Watch Over Me by Susan Boyle (Vocals) like New US $1.99 Buy It Now 10h 39m
UNREST - Watch Out (CD) 1997 +3 (OLD SCHOOL JUDAS PRIEST/ACCEPT/STEELER style) US $15.89 Buy It Now 10h 47m
RANDOM RAP* Owtlawz - I Gots 2 Go 4 Mine/Watch *SCARCE* US $293.24 Buy It Now 10h 51m
BURN PRESENTS - WATCH THIS SPACE - 2006 CD NEW [5024545431926] US $4.99 Buy It Now 11h 41m
DISCS 5 - 8 WATCH TOWER BIBLE SING PRAISES TO JEHOVA 4 cd set US $16.59 Buy It Now 12h 7m
BLASTER BATES, WATCH OUT FOR THE BITS VOL 4 LP-Big Ben BB0007-UK 1971-EX US $5.30 Buy It Now 12h 15m
Soul/funk 45 - G. L. Crockett - Watch my 32 - Mint- US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 41m
The Band Of The Black Watch - Scotch On The Rocks 1975 7" Ex Quality 2154X US $6.63 Buy It Now 12h 51m
Dilated Peoples - Neighborhood Watch (Clean) (2004) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.43 Buy It Now 13h 8m
Black Watch of Canada - Decca - LK4650 (LP) US $6.63 Buy It Now 13h 15m
Blaster Bates - Watch Out For The Bits - Big Ben - BB0007 (LP) US $8.29 Buy It Now 13h 16m
THE VERY BEST OF MUSIC TO WATCH GIRLS BY DISCs 1 & 3 ONLY - VERY GOOD - 24H P!!! US $4.97 Buy It Now 13h 21m
BENNIE WALLACE-SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK Ltd/Ed B63 US $14.99 Buy It Now 13h 36m
Unrest - Watch Out CD US $17.99 Buy It Now 13h 46m
WATCH YOUR STEP - Josie Allen (RD4115) US $6.63 Buy It Now 13h 52m
Band Of The Black Watch, The- Scotch On The Rocks 7" US $6.64 Buy It Now 13h 54m
TED HAWKINS Watch Your Step WINDOWS ON THE WORLD 1986 EXCELLENT US $3.30 [0 bids]
SEATRAIN Watch Warner Records Near Mint album vinyl lp US $21.24 Buy It Now 14h 24m
CHOCOLATE WATCH BAND 180 GRAM AUDIOPHILE VINYL LP GARAGE PUNK US $59.99 Buy It Now 14h 31m
THE BOB CREWE GENERATION 'MUSIC TO WATCH GIRLS BY' US IMPORT LP US $16.59 Buy It Now 14h 39m
Eric McKinney-Watch Your Step CD NEW US $11.39 Buy It Now 14h 44m
ROUGH SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN barnes WATCH THEM DOGS rare 21 hit 2 cassette tape s US $5.99 [0 bids]
Coldstream Guards, 1st Bn Black Watch - Sounds Ceremonial - Pye - PYC3021 (LP) US $6.63 Buy It Now 15h
Bob Crewe Generation 45 RPM Record- Music To Watch Girls By US $1.00 [0 bids]
GUARDIAN - FIRST WATCH - ROADRUNNER RECORDS 1989 VG US $4.97 [0 bids]
BLACK GOSPEL watch them dogs by Rev. B W Smith NU cassette TAPE US $3.88 [0 bids]
ROYAL HIGHLAND REGIMENT-THE BLACK WATCH AND OTHER PIPE AND DR... CD NEW US $19.35 Buy It Now 15h 24m
PATRICE RUSHEN rare JAPAN WATCH OUT CD CLIVE DAVIS US $18.99 Buy It Now 15h 43m
HEAR PRIVATE MODERN SOUL BOOGIE GOSPEL Kay Slade Smart's 13901 Faith and Watch US $22.49 Buy It Now 15h 44m
Black Watch : Icing the Snow Queen CD (2008) US $5.97 Buy It Now 16h 4m
CLASSIC ROCK " UNLEASHED ONES TO WATCH IN 2008 " - CD ALBUM EXCELLENT CONDITION US $3.30 Buy It Now 16h 5m
JOEY HEATHERTON soul 45 I'M SORRY / SOMEONE TO WATCH ~ MGM VG+ US $3.12 Buy It Now 16h 54m
THE STARGAZERS Watch This Space UK vinyl LP Epic Records Rockabilly US $33.20 Buy It Now 16h 56m
45 Record BOB CREWE GENERATION - MUSIC TO WATCH GIRLS BY - VG+ US $2.99 Buy It Now 16h 57m
Someone To Watch Over Me NEW US $11.11 Buy It Now 16h 58m
BABE Tick-A-Thumps My Heart 7" Ps, B/W Watch For The Big Jump, Wean 18.811 (Vin US $6.63 Buy It Now 16h 59m
Watch Your Step - music cd album US $8.22 Buy It Now 17h 2m
Plot In You - Could You Watch Your Children Burn (NEW CD) US $18.67 Buy It Now 17h 10m
PAUL ROBINSON PLAYERS: Music To Watch Girls By US $20.00 Buy It Now 17h 31m
MANFRED MANN'S EARTH BAND "WATCH" 8 Track! Brand New!! Sealed US $5.00 Buy It Now 17h 31m
TURBANS*SISTER SOOKEY / I'LL ALWAYS WATCH OVER YOU.MINT 7"45 RPM* DOO WOP ,R US $12.00 Buy It Now 17h 33m
Hear - Rare R&B 45 - Bull Moose Jackson - Watch My Signals - Encino # 1004 - M- US $19.99 [1 bids]

More places to buy THE WATCH music online Buy THE WATCH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WATCH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WATCH Planet Earth? ratings distribution

THE WATCH Planet Earth? reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Well, I know The Watch (and Night Watch) but Inever bother to write a review, not even for the so called īclassicī Vaccum (which, by the way, I bought after reading the glowing reviews when I joined PA). Itīs not that I donīt like them or similar minded outfits.The main problem with all the bands that try to emulate (or simply cloning) Gabriel era Genesis is the fact that they are all good to reproduce that groupīs timbres, arrangements, voices and even manneirisms, but rarely their real soul that is their stunning songwriting skill. Worse, they tend to concentrade their interpretation on the more dense, obscure and complex side of Genesis (like most parts of The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway) instead of their great melodic and creative approach of their best known numbers (Citizen Cane is a good exemple of how unfathomable and plain complex they can get by this route).

The Watch does not exactly fall in that trap. Their use of acoustic guitars, Banks sounding keyboards and Hackett-like electric guitar solos are very well done and reminds me of Genesis best in many ways. Unfortunatly they did not come up with a convincing bunch of songs to match their good intentions. Planet Earth? However shows an obvious improvemnt over their previous effords. Not only the production here is much superior to all theyīve had before but the first two tracks are probably the best I ever heard written by this italian outfit. It was almost like facing what would be if Peter Gabriel stayed on around the time of A Trick Of The Tail. The remaining songs are not so good and listenging to them soon made my initial enthusiasm fade. Each one a little weaker than the previous. Not bad, really, but a little let down after the electrifying start.

Obviously all the musicians involved are very skillful and all. Simone Rossetti sounds A LOT like Peter Gabriel. And I guess they are on the way to write better and more convincing tunes in near future. At least this is what I hope. They had developed and deserve consideration. So a 3 star rating seems just about right. Good, sometimes very good, but (still) non-essential.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#268922) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 28, 2010

Review by Prog-jester
4 stars With every new THE WATCH release it becomes more difficult to write something new; I mean for us both, for me as a reviewer and for them as a band ;) Simone and the guys have been floating in Gabriel's GENESIS waters almost for 15 years (beginning from THE NIGHT WATCH's debut), and it's simply unbelievable how they manage to create something new within such narrow borders of their self-proclaimed style. Some modern arrangements, some unexpected hints, some fresh vocal overtones thrown here and there, but to be fairly honest "Planet Earth?" is the first THE WATCH album that I didn't put on repeat after the first listen; I've returned to it few weeks later, and now I feel like it's really good and solid work. 3.5 stars rounded to 4!

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#272479) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 17, 2010

4 stars I think this is the best thing they've done since "Vacuum". Now it's not as good as that particular album, but I do think it's worth 4 stars unlike their other two studio albums "Ghost" and "Primitive" both of which I gave 3 stars to respectively. The thing with "Vacuum" was the mellotron and the emotion that came with it.This new album doesn't have quite as much mellotron or emotion but enough to get me excited about this band again. And they use real mellotron unlike many modern bands.

"Welcome To Your Life" settles quickly with vocals then starts to pick up again after 1 1/2 minutes. I like the chorus.Mellotron before 5 1//2 minutes to end it. Nice. "Something Wrong" opens with acoustic guitar and reserved vocals. Electric guitar and a fuller sound before 2 minutes as these contrasts continue. Love when that electric guitar comes in. Flute after 4 minutes. This is a beautiful track. "Earth" has a powerful intro before vocals and an uptempo melody take over. Lots of keyboards and the tempo shifts often. Electric guitar after 4 minutes followed by mellotron.

"All The Lights In Town" opens with piano as pulsating organ, bass, drums and vocals take over. Guitar before 2 minutes then it calms right down. Not for long though. The mellotron, keys and vocals sound amazing 6 1/2 minutes in. "The World Inside" sounds so good with the vocals, keys and drums. It does get fuller as contrasts continue. Gorgeous track. "New Normal" is pastoral with flute. Reserved vocals join in. Mellotron too. "Tourist Trap" kicks in quickly with vocals. Nice bass too. It settles again as mellotron rolls in. The tempo continues to change. Lots of mellotron 5 1/2 minutes in.

My faith in this band has been rewarded. Sure this is GENESIS-101 but it's so good.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#280834) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 07, 2010

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Is it a curse or blessing that one sounds like Peter Gabriel ? I don't mind it, I quite like this style, so this isn't a problem. I listened it album few weeks ago and after this listen, I was disappointed. So I concentrated on other work and left this album be while I returned recently to hear if I was wrong. Yeah, I was, I like it now.

For those who was disappointed that golden era of Genesis lasted just few albums (even regarded as masterpiece by Prog community), there is solution. There are bands that are considered by some as Gen-clone bands, that play (and sing) in "vein" of G. et cetera.

Why not I say, if it's influence, then it is OK. What is also important is to give "heart" to album making process, especially when it's Symphonic / Neo genre. I feel it here, it's present and it works. It's funny because when I was listening acoustic guitar solo in Something Wrong, I realized that I hear one part of "Supper's Ready", only polished, enhanced, upgraded. So I tried to find out if anyone feels the same way in previous reviews. Torodd's review shows that it's easy to guess which Gen album it may be. I wished it's Foxtrot and yeah, we are two. At least.

Earth on the other hand really reminds "Dance on a Volcano. We can continue like that for a long period of time, but it's not really that important.

As long as you don't mind it, you'll be OK. Because songs, tracks here, music in general is very good. With this strange feeling that you have heard it before. And you know even why.

4(-) should be balanced enough.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#280946) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 08, 2010

Review by Nightfly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars It's very difficult to say anything about The Watch that hasn't already been said in reviews of this album or previous ones for that matter. Understandably most people are going to immediately seize upon their uncanny resemblance to Genesis. This can't be denied and whether it's a good or bad thing is down to your own individual feelings about bands blatantly ripping off others to the point of being totally derivative. My own feelings on this is that we don't have Genesis anymore, never have in a prog sense for almost thirty years now and if we can't have them then this damn fine band will fill the spot nicely.

Whether The Watch sounded like Genesis or not there would be no getting away from the fact that vocalist Simone Rossetti is totally in the Peter Gabriel School of singers. Partly for this reason parallels are often drawn with the Gabriel Genesis era and quite rightly too. The instrumentation is very much of the early Genesis era too with Tony Banks styled piano, Mellotron and Hammond and guitars picked and strummed ala Steve Hackett and Mike Rutherford. Even the rhythm section borrows though in a more simplified form. Musically though I would stretch the influences as far as early Collins fronted Genesis with parts here and there, particularly on Something Wrong having a Trick Of The Tail vibe. Entangled and Ripples anyone?

How The Watch get away with all this is simple. They write great songs and have produced an album with subtle melodies that admittedly take a few plays to get under the skin, but when they do you're hooked. They produce a lovely sound, low on the bombastic front steering a largely mellower course, but that's fine with me. It's a very consistent album, not a weak moment in sight, the seven compositions full of interest with plenty of subtle changes and pleasing authentic seventies sounding instrumental moments.

Whether you like this album or not is going to depend on how much you like Genesis. If you don't then it's not for you but if you're a fan and don't mind something derivative then Planet Earth? Is well worth a listen.

Send comments to Nightfly (BETA) | Report this review (#282492) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Review by Warthur
3 stars I'm usually quite favourably disposed towards The Watch, because whilst they are an unabashed Genesis clone band they are at least able to present a skillful blend of the modern and the nostalgic, with their music resembling the classic Genesis sound with a sprinkling of more current touches. On Planet Earth, however, The Watch seem to have brushed those sprinkes aside in favour of more direct and (to my ears) unoriginal Genesis worship. It's all a pleasant enough listen, of course, but this time around the band seem to be low on inspiration - and that's never something I like to hear happening to a band I like, because who knows when they'll get it back?

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#744714) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 26, 2012

Review by Gatot
3 stars Greetings from Jakarta! Happy Eid Mubarak for those muslims who are progheads as well ..!

Hi there! How are you? Sorry for missing from this lovely prog site such a long long time even though I keep visiting this site at least once in a week....but I have not written anything prog at all so far even though I am still proggin' till now and forever till the end of the world, probably ... My BIG apologies for many of you who emailed me and sent me PM asking me to comeback revieing prog albums. Yeah .. I wanted to but I had other demanding commitments on other things that I had to manage. Trust me .. I always keep on proggin' ....and have been enjoying many new prog albums such as Spock's Beard, Steven Wilson, The Tangent, The Flower Kings, Pain of Salvation and many more. Some of them I realize that I have not written any word about it including this album by The Watch. Let me try again to write another prog album review and hope that I still remember how to write good review as I really busy with other things including something related to music, ie the rebirth of cassette tape as an excellent analog medium for vintage prog and rock music. In my country, cassette tape is now regaining its competitive edge as many music lovers are getting bored with the clean (too damn clean) of digital music while vinyl is too damn expensive to acquire to most people.

Let's now talk about this "Planet Earth?"...

First off, you may recall that I am a great fan of symphonic prog - so no wonder that I love Genesis, Yes, ELP and the like. Talking about Genesis, most of you might refer to the charismatic figure of Peter Gabriel with his powerful voice. I missed Gabriel voice after he left Genesis that's why when I had a CD of Citizen Cain where the voice of Cyrus was clearly emulating Gabriel's I was so happy. Later, I found the Italian band named as The Night Watch whom its vocalist sounded like Gabriel as well - I was very happy also. I don't mind people call this band as copy cat of Genesis Gabriel era. So what? That's what I want, so ... I kept listening the band which later changed the name to The Watch. The fact that the vocalist sounds like Gabriel is a plus point for me even though musically is not as complex as Genesis. Never mind, I still enjoy it.

This album came to me long time ago and by the time I'm writing this review I have spun the album for more than eight times in its entirety already - so it's about time to write a fair review about this. Overall, I still think this album represents what I expected from this band who has been in fact consistent with its music direction: emulating Gabriel voice and Genesis kind of music. So, I am very happy about it. As I keep spinning it I find that as far as music flow this album makes a tendency for the listeners to get bored with the music which is not quite enthusiastic or less energetic, I would say, after the first impressive track. Sometimes I could not stand to listen the album until the end because of there was not so much variations in terms of nuances and musical dynamics. It's too soft probably...and less melodious.

The first track "Welcome to your Life" (6:11) is really impressive and very energetic as a symphonic prog music. It's not as energetic as "Back in NYC" but it makes me smile and happy enjoying the music especially with the repeating riffs that form an excellent rhythm section. It's so wonderful and I don't hesitate to give this track as an excellent one with fice star rating! In fact, this track has become my prime motive to spin this album. It's really my favourite track from this album and probably one of the finest from The Watch.

Unfortunately the great dynamic created by the opening track is not maintained beautifully at the following track 2. "Something Wrong" (7:41) which seems like being positioned like Genesis' "Entangled" with similar segments sounding alike. Great guitar work actually. It's like a dream comes true: Gabriel sings at A trick of The Tail album. fabulous idea, right? Unfortunately this track lacks its soul and nuance so that it creates a drawback. Don't get me wrong, this is a good track - but not having enough soul, in my opinion.

The third track "Earth" (5:52) is more energetic and in the same vein as the opening track. I would imagine if this one should have been positioned right after the first track ends or it flows seamlessly. The reason is because they both are in the same vein. Even tjough it's not as energetic as the opening track but this one is energetic and has its soul. It has some mellotron breaks as well. "All the Lights in Town" (8:15) starts nicely with piano work followed with energetic music like Watcher of The Skies style, combined with Get tHem Out By Friday - listen to how the bass guitar is played. The closing track "Tourist Trap" (7:23) is another good track from this album. The composition is balanced combining the energetic as well as mellow part with very good guitar fills very specific like Genesis.

In summary, this is a very good album from The Watch and I want them continue with this kind of music they play. I think this one deserves a 3.5 star rating. Never mind being called as Genesis copy cat. It's an excellent copy cat band. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

*) Oh I forgot how to make Bold and Italic ....

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#1015876) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 10, 2013

5 stars Fourth time's a charm for Gabriel-era Genesis influenced The Watch (not counting the debut as The Night Watch), and on this one the melodies are a bit stronger, the chords a bit more instriguing, and the band a bit tighter than on their previous releases. For me personally, each cd is progress ... (read more)

Report this review (#275993) | Posted by snelling | Friday, April 02, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I believe I am an admirer of this band. So a review of their new album is in order. It is impossible to listen to a The Watch album without even trying to guess which Genesis album this album is trying to copy. I can fully understand why half of their career is devoted to touring as a Genesis ... (read more)

Report this review (#269143) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Monday, March 01, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I have always been a big fan of Genesis and, usually, I am also very indulgent in judging the work of the so-called Genesis's "clones". Nonetheless I think that this last effort from THE WATCH is a typical example of good packaging without content. Yes, a first superficial listen to the new album ... (read more)

Report this review (#266459) | Posted by Poldo65 | Monday, February 15, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Let me be the first to review this cd. I can't remain objective when I review an album from The Watch simply because when I hear them, they tickle hidden memories from my youth. I grownt with the music of Genesis since "Nursery Crime" era, The Watch play that way but not simply cloning that ki ... (read more)

Report this review (#265106) | Posted by crazyprog | Tuesday, February 09, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE WATCH "Planet Earth?"