PLANET EARTH?

The Watch

The Watch Planet Earth? album cover

Buy THE WATCH Music
Studio Album, released in 2010

1. Welcome to your Life (6:11)
2. Something Wrong (7:41)
3. Earth (5:52)
4. All the Lights in Town (8:15)
5. The World Inside (5:58)
6. New Normal (3:41)

- Guglielmo Mariotti / bass
- Valerio De Vittorio / keyboards
- Marco Fabbri / drums

Lizard

Thanks to crazyprog for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE WATCH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WATCH Planet Earth? Music

Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2007, 5-Disc Set) USD $7.00 [8 bids]
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (HD-DVD, 2007, 4-Disc Set) USD $15.95 Buy It Now 29 days
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray Disc, 2007, 4-Disc Set) USD $3.50 [1 bids]
BBC Planet Dinosaur (DVD, 2012) w/ Slipcover / Planet Earth USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2007, 5-Disc Set) USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $25.00 Buy It Now
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2007, 5-Disc Set) ( B5 ) USD $4.95 Buy It Now 30 days
KIDS MOVIE 3D DVD Blu Ray Disney ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH Kids Movie AWESOME USD $3.99 [1 bids]
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray Disc, 2007, 4-Disc Set) USD $8.50 [3 bids]
BBC PLANET EARTH LIMITED EDITION 6 DISC BLU-RAY GLOBE SET USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (HD-DVD, 2007, 4-Disc Set) USD $10.50 Buy It Now 29 days
Planet Earth Six-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray Set (BBC Earth) USD $5.50 [6 bids]
BBC Natural History Collection (DVD, 2008 17-Disc Set) Planet Earth NEW USD $16.50 [8 bids]
Planet Earth Dvd Set USD $2.25 [4 bids]
Planet Earth (Se) (2011) - Used - Blu-ray USD $16.94 Buy It Now 16 days
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2007, 5-Disc Set) USD $1.29 [2 bids]
PLANET EARTH: THE COMPLETE SERIES (HD-DVD) - BBC VIDEO USD $3.99 [0 bids]
Planet Earth DVD BBC Video The Complete Series(4-DVD) USD $4.99 [1 bids]
Planet Earth (DVD, 2009) USD $12.72 Buy It Now 11 days
Planet Earth Six-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray Set (BBC Earth) USD $5.02 [6 bids]
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (HD-DVD, 2007, 4-Disc Set) USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Escape From Planet Earth (Blu-ray/DVD, 2013, 4-Disc Set, Includes Digital Copy; USD $6.00 [0 bids]
Planet Earth [Blu-ray] (2007) [Blu-ray] (2008) David Attenborough; Mike Madd USD $21.98 Buy It Now 8 days
Planet Earth DVD, Discovery Channel, Pole to Pole, Mountains, and Deep Ocean USD $1.00 [0 bids]
BBC Natural History Collection (DVD, 2008 17-Disc Set) Planet Earth NEW USD $11.27 [2 bids]
Planet Earth ~ BBC Video ~ The Complete Series ~ 4 Disc Set USD $6.95 [1 bids]
NEW - Escape From Planet Earth (DVD 2013) Free Shipping & SEALED USD $6.25 Buy It Now 12 days
Planet Earth from Discovery Channel - set of 5 DVDs USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray Disc, 2007, 4-Disc Set) USD $0.01 [0 bids]
Welcome to Planet Earth (DVD, 2006) USD $1.99 [0 bids]
Planet Earth Complete Collection BBC (Blu-ray, 2011, 6-Disc Special Edition) New USD $39.95 Buy It Now 27 days
Inside Planet Earth (DVD, 2009) USD $1.99 [0 bids]
FINAL DAYS OF PLANET EARTH - DARYL HANNAH GIL BELOWS 2006 SCI-FI HORROR DVD WS USD $0.99 [1 bids]
BBC VIDEO PLANET EARTH COMPLETE SERIES DVDs. R562 USD $5.95 [0 bids]
Planet Earth: Complete BBC Series DVD Blu-ray David Attenborough USD $18.79 Buy It Now 29 days
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray Disc, 2007, 4-Disc Set) USD $10.50 [10 bids]
BBC Natural History Collection (DVD, 2008 17-Disc Set) Planet Earth NEW USD $12.00 [5 bids]
Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series [Blu-ray] USD $5.50 [5 bids]
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2007, 5-Disc Set) Brand New Sealed USD $21.99 Buy It Now 29 days
BBC VIDEO PLANET EARTH The Complete Collection DVD 5-Disc Set USD $6.50 [1 bids]
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2007, 5-Disc Set) Brand New Sealed USD $2.28 [3 bids]
Planet Earth Six-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray Set (BBC Earth) USD $3.50 [6 bids]
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2007, 5-Disc Set) USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BBC Natural History Collection w/Planet Earth (Blu-ray Disc, 2008, 10-Disc Set) USD $10.00 [0 bids]
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray Disc, 4-Disc Set) USD $0.01 [1 bids]
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2007, 5-Disc Set) USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $9.99 Buy It Now
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray Disc, 2011, 6-Disc Set,... USD $34.75 Buy It Now 9 days
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray Disc, 2007, 4-Disc Set) USD $0.99 [0 bids]
BBC Planet Earth: The Complete Collection DVD, 5 Disc Set. New. USD $72.80 [0 bids]
Final Days of Planet Earth (New Blu-ray Disc, 2008) USD $8.03 [0 bids]
USD $10.45 Buy It Now
PLANET EARTH (DVD, 2009) USD $11.25 Buy It Now 26 days
Planet Earth - Great Plains/Jungles/Shallow Seas (DVD, 2009) NEW USD $3.99 [0 bids]
USD $5.20 Buy It Now
Planet Earth The Complete Series 5 DVD Disc Set in Original Case BBC USD $15.00 Buy It Now 29 days
Planet Earth: Seasonal Forests/Ocean Deep (DVD, 2009) USD $2.25 [0 bids]
USD $2.95 Buy It Now
PLANET EARTH BBC VIDEO THE COMPLETE SERIES 5 DISC BOX SET USD $24.99 [0 bids]
Planet Earth/The Blue Planet: Seas of Life (DVD, 2007, 10-Disc Set) USD $14.99 [0 bids]
USD $19.49 Buy It Now
LIFE/PLANET EARTH COLLECTION [DVD BOXSET] - NEW DVD BOXSET USD $78.78 Buy It Now 29 days
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (DVD Disc, 2007, 4-Disc Set) USD $5.00 [0 bids]
Planet Earth The Complete Series BBC REG 2 UK edition new David Attenborough USD $4.99 [0 bids]
USD $7.99 Buy It Now
Planet Earth: The Complete Series [HD DVD] David Attenborough USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $13.99 Buy It Now
Life/Planet Earth Collection [9 Discs] DVD Region 1 USD $78.77 Buy It Now 29 days
PLANET EARTH BBC VIDEO DISC #2 REPLACEMENT DVD DISC FREE SHIPPING! USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Escape From Planet Earth (DVD, 2013) USD $1.50 [0 bids]
DISCOVERY CHANNEL PLANET EARTH 5 DVD SET 2009 USD $10.00 [0 bids]
PLANET EARTH VOL 5 GIFTS FROM THE EARTH DVD NEW & SEALED NEW USD $4.71 Buy It Now 29 days
Escape From Planet Earth (DVD, 2013) USD $3.00 [0 bids]
USD $19.99 Buy It Now
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray Disc, 2007, 4-Disc Set) USD $16.00 [0 bids]
Planet Earth 5 DVD Collector's Edition Discovery Channel BBC NIB Sealed 2007 USD $12.89 Buy It Now 29 days
Final Days of Planet Earth (Blu-ray Disc, 2008) USD $2.99 [0 bids]
New Planet Earth Blu-Ray USD $20.00 [0 bids]
USD $30.00 Buy It Now
Coral Sea Dreaming-DVD 1999 Special Edition + Planet Earth: Vol 1-DVD 2008 USD $9.49 [0 bids]
USD $12.49 Buy It Now
BBC Planet Earth HD The Complete Series Region 2 USD $20.00 Buy It Now 29 days
Supernova / Final Days of Planet Earth (DVD) - Luke Perry (BRAND NEW IN PLASTIC USD $2.99 [0 bids]
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2007, 5-Disc Set) USD $19.99 [0 bids]
Supernova/Final Days of Planet Earth (DVD, 2008) USD $1.99 [0 bids]
USD $2.99 Buy It Now
Planet Earth - (Blu-ray Disc, 1-Disc) EPISODES 1-3 NEW IN CASE (NO SHRINKWRAP) USD $5.98 Buy It Now 23 days
Escape From Planet Earth 3D Blu Ray (Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy) 4-Disc Set USD $6.00 [0 bids]
Blu-Ray Double Feature: The Last Sentinal and Final Days of Planet Earth NEW USD $3.00 [0 bids]
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2007, 5-Disc Set) USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2007, 5-Disc Set) USD $17.99 Buy It Now 25 days
(o.o) ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH - DIG. COPY DVD (AS-IS.Please Read) USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Final Days of Planet Earth (DVD, 2006) USD $1.00 [0 bids]
Planet Earth Documentary Complete Series on DVD USD $9.50 [0 bids]
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2012, 4-Disc Set) USD $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Escape From Planet Earth (DVD 2013) Great Condition USD $2.50 [0 bids]
USD $4.50 Buy It Now
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection DVD 5-Disc Set USD $9.99 [0 bids]
USD $14.99 Buy It Now
Final Days of Planet Earth (DVD, 2006) USD $3.00 [0 bids]
PLANET EARTH 5 DVD COLLECTORS EDITION DISCOVERY CHANNEL USD $10.00 Buy It Now 29 days
Escape From Planet Earth (DVD, 2013) USD $8.00 [0 bids]
Planet Earth - 5 DVD Discovery Channel Collectors Edition USD $24.99 [0 bids]
Planet Earth The Complete Series 5 Disc Blu-ray Collection by David Attenborough USD $21.99 [0 bids]
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2007, 5-Disc Set) USD $10.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Explore the World and Our Planet Earth Collector's Edition DVD Box Sets USD $18.00 [0 bids]
Escape From Planet Earth (DVD, 2013) Disc ONLY See Picture & Read Description! USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Blu-Ray 4-Disc Set Planet Earth The Complete Series BBC Video David Attenborough USD $17.95 [0 bids]
Planet Earth - The Complete Collection (DVD, 2007, 5-Disc Set) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 25 days
DVD, BBC Planet Earth, preowned, in great condition the complete series USD $19.99 [0 bids]
DVDs Movie DVD s Blu-ray 3D disc ( Escape from Planet Earth) PG,3D+Br+DVD USD $10.00 [0 bids]
Our Planet Earth (DVD, 2009, 5-Disc Set) USD $10.00 [0 bids]
USD $20.00 Buy It Now
Planet Earth Cmplt Series (Rpk (2012) - Used - Dvd USD $6.29 Buy It Now 12 days
0 result found for "THE WATCH"
Visit LPCDressisues.com for more results

More places to buy THE WATCH music online Buy THE WATCH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WATCH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WATCH Planet Earth? ratings distribution

THE WATCH Planet Earth? reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Well, I know The Watch (and Night Watch) but Inever bother to write a review, not even for the so called ´classic´ Vaccum (which, by the way, I bought after reading the glowing reviews when I joined PA). It´s not that I don´t like them or similar minded outfits.The main problem with all the bands that try to emulate (or simply cloning) Gabriel era Genesis is the fact that they are all good to reproduce that group´s timbres, arrangements, voices and even manneirisms, but rarely their real soul that is their stunning songwriting skill. Worse, they tend to concentrade their interpretation on the more dense, obscure and complex side of Genesis (like most parts of The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway) instead of their great melodic and creative approach of their best known numbers (Citizen Cane is a good exemple of how unfathomable and plain complex they can get by this route).

The Watch does not exactly fall in that trap. Their use of acoustic guitars, Banks sounding keyboards and Hackett-like electric guitar solos are very well done and reminds me of Genesis best in many ways. Unfortunatly they did not come up with a convincing bunch of songs to match their good intentions. Planet Earth? However shows an obvious improvemnt over their previous effords. Not only the production here is much superior to all they´ve had before but the first two tracks are probably the best I ever heard written by this italian outfit. It was almost like facing what would be if Peter Gabriel stayed on around the time of A Trick Of The Tail. The remaining songs are not so good and listenging to them soon made my initial enthusiasm fade. Each one a little weaker than the previous. Not bad, really, but a little let down after the electrifying start.

Obviously all the musicians involved are very skillful and all. Simone Rossetti sounds A LOT like Peter Gabriel. And I guess they are on the way to write better and more convincing tunes in near future. At least this is what I hope. They had developed and deserve consideration. So a 3 star rating seems just about right. Good, sometimes very good, but (still) non-essential.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#268922) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 28, 2010

Review by Prog-jester
4 stars With every new THE WATCH release it becomes more difficult to write something new; I mean for us both, for me as a reviewer and for them as a band ;) Simone and the guys have been floating in Gabriel's GENESIS waters almost for 15 years (beginning from THE NIGHT WATCH's debut), and it's simply unbelievable how they manage to create something new within such narrow borders of their self-proclaimed style. Some modern arrangements, some unexpected hints, some fresh vocal overtones thrown here and there, but to be fairly honest "Planet Earth?" is the first THE WATCH album that I didn't put on repeat after the first listen; I've returned to it few weeks later, and now I feel like it's really good and solid work. 3.5 stars rounded to 4!

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#272479) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 17, 2010

4 stars I think this is the best thing they've done since "Vacuum". Now it's not as good as that particular album, but I do think it's worth 4 stars unlike their other two studio albums "Ghost" and "Primitive" both of which I gave 3 stars to respectively. The thing with "Vacuum" was the mellotron and the emotion that came with it.This new album doesn't have quite as much mellotron or emotion but enough to get me excited about this band again. And they use real mellotron unlike many modern bands.

"Welcome To Your Life" settles quickly with vocals then starts to pick up again after 1 1/2 minutes. I like the chorus.Mellotron before 5 1//2 minutes to end it. Nice. "Something Wrong" opens with acoustic guitar and reserved vocals. Electric guitar and a fuller sound before 2 minutes as these contrasts continue. Love when that electric guitar comes in. Flute after 4 minutes. This is a beautiful track. "Earth" has a powerful intro before vocals and an uptempo melody take over. Lots of keyboards and the tempo shifts often. Electric guitar after 4 minutes followed by mellotron.

"All The Lights In Town" opens with piano as pulsating organ, bass, drums and vocals take over. Guitar before 2 minutes then it calms right down. Not for long though. The mellotron, keys and vocals sound amazing 6 1/2 minutes in. "The World Inside" sounds so good with the vocals, keys and drums. It does get fuller as contrasts continue. Gorgeous track. "New Normal" is pastoral with flute. Reserved vocals join in. Mellotron too. "Tourist Trap" kicks in quickly with vocals. Nice bass too. It settles again as mellotron rolls in. The tempo continues to change. Lots of mellotron 5 1/2 minutes in.

My faith in this band has been rewarded. Sure this is GENESIS-101 but it's so good.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#280834) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 07, 2010

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Is it a curse or blessing that one sounds like Peter Gabriel ? I don't mind it, I quite like this style, so this isn't a problem. I listened it album few weeks ago and after this listen, I was disappointed. So I concentrated on other work and left this album be while I returned recently to hear if I was wrong. Yeah, I was, I like it now.

For those who was disappointed that golden era of Genesis lasted just few albums (even regarded as masterpiece by Prog community), there is solution. There are bands that are considered by some as Gen-clone bands, that play (and sing) in "vein" of G. et cetera.

Why not I say, if it's influence, then it is OK. What is also important is to give "heart" to album making process, especially when it's Symphonic / Neo genre. I feel it here, it's present and it works. It's funny because when I was listening acoustic guitar solo in Something Wrong, I realized that I hear one part of "Supper's Ready", only polished, enhanced, upgraded. So I tried to find out if anyone feels the same way in previous reviews. Torodd's review shows that it's easy to guess which Gen album it may be. I wished it's Foxtrot and yeah, we are two. At least.

Earth on the other hand really reminds "Dance on a Volcano. We can continue like that for a long period of time, but it's not really that important.

As long as you don't mind it, you'll be OK. Because songs, tracks here, music in general is very good. With this strange feeling that you have heard it before. And you know even why.

4(-) should be balanced enough.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#280946) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 08, 2010

Review by Nightfly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars It's very difficult to say anything about The Watch that hasn't already been said in reviews of this album or previous ones for that matter. Understandably most people are going to immediately seize upon their uncanny resemblance to Genesis. This can't be denied and whether it's a good or bad thing is down to your own individual feelings about bands blatantly ripping off others to the point of being totally derivative. My own feelings on this is that we don't have Genesis anymore, never have in a prog sense for almost thirty years now and if we can't have them then this damn fine band will fill the spot nicely.

Whether The Watch sounded like Genesis or not there would be no getting away from the fact that vocalist Simone Rossetti is totally in the Peter Gabriel School of singers. Partly for this reason parallels are often drawn with the Gabriel Genesis era and quite rightly too. The instrumentation is very much of the early Genesis era too with Tony Banks styled piano, Mellotron and Hammond and guitars picked and strummed ala Steve Hackett and Mike Rutherford. Even the rhythm section borrows though in a more simplified form. Musically though I would stretch the influences as far as early Collins fronted Genesis with parts here and there, particularly on Something Wrong having a Trick Of The Tail vibe. Entangled and Ripples anyone?

How The Watch get away with all this is simple. They write great songs and have produced an album with subtle melodies that admittedly take a few plays to get under the skin, but when they do you're hooked. They produce a lovely sound, low on the bombastic front steering a largely mellower course, but that's fine with me. It's a very consistent album, not a weak moment in sight, the seven compositions full of interest with plenty of subtle changes and pleasing authentic seventies sounding instrumental moments.

Whether you like this album or not is going to depend on how much you like Genesis. If you don't then it's not for you but if you're a fan and don't mind something derivative then Planet Earth? Is well worth a listen.

Send comments to Nightfly (BETA) | Report this review (#282492) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Review by Warthur
3 stars I'm usually quite favourably disposed towards The Watch, because whilst they are an unabashed Genesis clone band they are at least able to present a skillful blend of the modern and the nostalgic, with their music resembling the classic Genesis sound with a sprinkling of more current touches. On Planet Earth, however, The Watch seem to have brushed those sprinkes aside in favour of more direct and (to my ears) unoriginal Genesis worship. It's all a pleasant enough listen, of course, but this time around the band seem to be low on inspiration - and that's never something I like to hear happening to a band I like, because who knows when they'll get it back?

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#744714) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 26, 2012

Review by Gatot
3 stars Greetings from Jakarta! Happy Eid Mubarak for those muslims who are progheads as well ..!

Hi there! How are you? Sorry for missing from this lovely prog site such a long long time even though I keep visiting this site at least once in a week....but I have not written anything prog at all so far even though I am still proggin' till now and forever till the end of the world, probably ... My BIG apologies for many of you who emailed me and sent me PM asking me to comeback revieing prog albums. Yeah .. I wanted to but I had other demanding commitments on other things that I had to manage. Trust me .. I always keep on proggin' ....and have been enjoying many new prog albums such as Spock's Beard, Steven Wilson, The Tangent, The Flower Kings, Pain of Salvation and many more. Some of them I realize that I have not written any word about it including this album by The Watch. Let me try again to write another prog album review and hope that I still remember how to write good review as I really busy with other things including something related to music, ie the rebirth of cassette tape as an excellent analog medium for vintage prog and rock music. In my country, cassette tape is now regaining its competitive edge as many music lovers are getting bored with the clean (too damn clean) of digital music while vinyl is too damn expensive to acquire to most people.

Let's now talk about this "Planet Earth?"...

First off, you may recall that I am a great fan of symphonic prog - so no wonder that I love Genesis, Yes, ELP and the like. Talking about Genesis, most of you might refer to the charismatic figure of Peter Gabriel with his powerful voice. I missed Gabriel voice after he left Genesis that's why when I had a CD of Citizen Cain where the voice of Cyrus was clearly emulating Gabriel's I was so happy. Later, I found the Italian band named as The Night Watch whom its vocalist sounded like Gabriel as well - I was very happy also. I don't mind people call this band as copy cat of Genesis Gabriel era. So what? That's what I want, so ... I kept listening the band which later changed the name to The Watch. The fact that the vocalist sounds like Gabriel is a plus point for me even though musically is not as complex as Genesis. Never mind, I still enjoy it.

This album came to me long time ago and by the time I'm writing this review I have spun the album for more than eight times in its entirety already - so it's about time to write a fair review about this. Overall, I still think this album represents what I expected from this band who has been in fact consistent with its music direction: emulating Gabriel voice and Genesis kind of music. So, I am very happy about it. As I keep spinning it I find that as far as music flow this album makes a tendency for the listeners to get bored with the music which is not quite enthusiastic or less energetic, I would say, after the first impressive track. Sometimes I could not stand to listen the album until the end because of there was not so much variations in terms of nuances and musical dynamics. It's too soft probably...and less melodious.

The first track "Welcome to your Life" (6:11) is really impressive and very energetic as a symphonic prog music. It's not as energetic as "Back in NYC" but it makes me smile and happy enjoying the music especially with the repeating riffs that form an excellent rhythm section. It's so wonderful and I don't hesitate to give this track as an excellent one with fice star rating! In fact, this track has become my prime motive to spin this album. It's really my favourite track from this album and probably one of the finest from The Watch.

Unfortunately the great dynamic created by the opening track is not maintained beautifully at the following track 2. "Something Wrong" (7:41) which seems like being positioned like Genesis' "Entangled" with similar segments sounding alike. Great guitar work actually. It's like a dream comes true: Gabriel sings at A trick of The Tail album. fabulous idea, right? Unfortunately this track lacks its soul and nuance so that it creates a drawback. Don't get me wrong, this is a good track - but not having enough soul, in my opinion.

The third track "Earth" (5:52) is more energetic and in the same vein as the opening track. I would imagine if this one should have been positioned right after the first track ends or it flows seamlessly. The reason is because they both are in the same vein. Even tjough it's not as energetic as the opening track but this one is energetic and has its soul. It has some mellotron breaks as well. "All the Lights in Town" (8:15) starts nicely with piano work followed with energetic music like Watcher of The Skies style, combined with Get tHem Out By Friday - listen to how the bass guitar is played. The closing track "Tourist Trap" (7:23) is another good track from this album. The composition is balanced combining the energetic as well as mellow part with very good guitar fills very specific like Genesis.

In summary, this is a very good album from The Watch and I want them continue with this kind of music they play. I think this one deserves a 3.5 star rating. Never mind being called as Genesis copy cat. It's an excellent copy cat band. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

*) Oh I forgot how to make Bold and Italic ....

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#1015876) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 10, 2013

5 stars Fourth time's a charm for Gabriel-era Genesis influenced The Watch (not counting the debut as The Night Watch), and on this one the melodies are a bit stronger, the chords a bit more instriguing, and the band a bit tighter than on their previous releases. For me personally, each cd is progress ... (read more)

Report this review (#275993) | Posted by snelling | Friday, April 02, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I believe I am an admirer of this band. So a review of their new album is in order. It is impossible to listen to a The Watch album without even trying to guess which Genesis album this album is trying to copy. I can fully understand why half of their career is devoted to touring as a Genesis ... (read more)

Report this review (#269143) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Monday, March 01, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I have always been a big fan of Genesis and, usually, I am also very indulgent in judging the work of the so-called Genesis's "clones". Nonetheless I think that this last effort from THE WATCH is a typical example of good packaging without content. Yes, a first superficial listen to the new album ... (read more)

Report this review (#266459) | Posted by Poldo65 | Monday, February 15, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Let me be the first to review this cd. I can't remain objective when I review an album from The Watch simply because when I hear them, they tickle hidden memories from my youth. I grownt with the music of Genesis since "Nursery Crime" era, The Watch play that way but not simply cloning that ki ... (read more)

Report this review (#265106) | Posted by crazyprog | Tuesday, February 09, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE WATCH "Planet Earth?"