PLANET EARTH?

The Watch

The Watch Planet Earth? album cover

Buy THE WATCH Music
Studio Album, released in 2010

1. Welcome to your Life (6:11)
2. Something Wrong (7:41)
3. Earth (5:52)
4. All the Lights in Town (8:15)
5. The World Inside (5:58)
6. New Normal (3:41)

- Guglielmo Mariotti / bass
- Valerio De Vittorio / keyboards
- Marco Fabbri / drums

Lizard

Thanks to crazyprog for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

THE WATCH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE WATCH Planet Earth? Music

Johnny Adams I Brought It On Myself Watch 6330 Promo Deep Soul New Orleans US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h
IRONHORSE (RANDY BACHMAN) - Sweet Lui-Louise / Watch Me Fly - PROMOTIONAL COPY US $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Al Hirt "MUSIC TO WATCH GIRLS BY" 33 1/3 record US $0.99 [0 bids]
Patty Larkin - Watch The Sky [CD New] US $14.98 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Uneaq - Watch Out EP - Nightshift - 2006 #200332 US $6.47 Buy It Now 1h 32m
The Sheryl Cro(w) Mags #1 Hit/Watch For Repetition 7" CROW-01 US $7.96 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Patrice Rushen, Watch Out, LP Vinyl Record VG++ US $7.00 [0 bids]
Gerry Mulligan Bob Brookmeyer Night Watch 1960 United Artists Mono LP Vinyl US $7.00 [0 bids]
UNIT BREED Death Watch CD Punk HC Emo modest mouse big black US $1.99 [0 bids]
2h
12 Inch Patrice Rushen Watch Out 4 Mix promo Near Mint US $2.95 Buy It Now 2h
ZINC - WATCH THE RIDE NEW CD US $40.09 Buy It Now 2h 8m
JOE TEX~Skinny Legs And All b/w Watch The One .DIAL 45-4063 1968 OCS US $4.95 [0 bids]
BLACK WATCH - DARK ISLAND NEW CD US $23.81 Buy It Now 2h 11m
BRANDI WELLS - WATCH OUT NEW CD US $19.37 Buy It Now 2h 11m
SWEDISH JAZZ HISTORY 10: WATCH OUT / VARIOUS NEW CD US $67.11 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Watch the Throne Cheer Bow US $41.82 Buy It Now 2h 18m
BLASTER BATES - WATCH OUT FOR THE BITS (UK) NEW CD US $23.07 Buy It Now 2h 19m
Stylistics,You'll Never Get To Heaven / If You Don't Watch Out US $2.99 [0 bids]
Armand & The Banana Spliffs - Watch It Now Star #296429 US $6.47 Buy It Now 2h 23m
El Bruto - Watch Me Dance (Remix) - Happy Trax #286685 US $6.47 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Leon Klein - Watch Tv (Ian Carey Remix) - 2006 #197022 US $6.47 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Watch Me Dance - Royal Flush - 2006 #205823 US $6.47 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Bates 45 - Watch U Dance - Big & Dirty - 2008 #275241 US $6.47 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Paper Dolls Plus One WATCH WHAT YOU TOUCH (VOCAL/INSTRUMENTAL) 12" USA 84295314 US $19.99 [0 bids]
DENNIS WARREN - WATCH OUT NEW CD US $20.11 Buy It Now 2h 27m
MANFRED MANN'S EARTH BAND - WATCH NEW VINYL US $30.54 Buy It Now 2h 28m
"SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME" J P MORGAN WITH HUGO WINTERHALTER AND HIS ORCHESTRA US $2.50 [0 bids]
DEBORA SEFFER - SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME (IMPORT) NEW CD US $32.69 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Example - Watch The Sun Come Up (Blame Remix) #322673 US $6.47 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Lee Cabrera Feat. Mim - I Watch You - Data #166064 US $6.47 Buy It Now 2h 46m
CD - LORRIE MORGAN- Watch Me (1992) Includes; I Guess You Had To Be There US $3.99 [0 bids]
SEAN PAUL - WATCH THEM ROLL NEW VINYL US $9.40 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Bobby Mercer with Roadshow Watch What Happens LP NM SIGNED US $6.99 [0 bids]
JILL JACK - WATCH OVER ME NEW CD US $22.33 Buy It Now 3h 9m
ABBA Waterloo & Watch Out PICTURE SLEEVE 7" 45 rpm BRAND NEW US $23.46 Buy It Now 3h 13m
High Rankin - Cerebellum - Suicide Watch - 2007 #216385 US $6.47 Buy It Now 3h 15m
J Majik, Wickaman & Terra Diva - Watch You #242690 US $6.47 Buy It Now 3h 15m
No Way Out, Chocolate Watch Band, Good US $20.24 Buy It Now 3h 31m
Vibration One - Watch Out 12" US $10.14 Buy It Now 3h 31m
Inner Mystique, Chocolate Watch Band, Good US $15.46 Buy It Now 3h 41m
EmmyLou Harris - So Sad To Watch Good Love Go Bad / Amarillo 45 1982 VG+ US $0.99 Buy It Now 4h 10m
The Black Watch War Pipe And Plaid LP SW-99407 VG US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
RIGAMORTIZ-DAYDREAMIN' EP [1999 NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH] CHICAGO RANDOM RAP CD NEW US $40.00 [0 bids]
DISKONTO - watch us burn CD anticimex discharge crude ss wolfpack skitsystem US $16.99 Buy It Now 5h 28m
Ted Hawkins - Watch Your Step vinyl LP Rounder 1982 VG Folk/R&B US $2.00 [0 bids]
BAJA MARIMBA BAND - WATCH OUT - 12 INCH LP RECORD - WORLD RECORD CLUB - VERY GOO US $10.48 Buy It Now 5h 58m
Music to Watch Girls By by Various Artists (DOUBLE CD, Jun-1999, Sony) US $4.51 [0 bids]
MAJOR LAZER**WATCH OUT FOR THIS**VINYL US $13.95 Buy It Now 6h 26m
AIR - KELLY WATCH THE STARS CD Single 4 tracks vgc US $2.42 [0 bids]
DILATED PEOPLES - NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH CD ALBUM US $9.02 Buy It Now 7h 2m
LAFAYETTE TAMSIN WATCH IT! 4 TRACK 12" VINYL 33 RPM THE ALL BLACKS BV 1992 HOUSE US $11.35 Buy It Now 7h 17m
SYDNEY COLTHAM & PETER DAWSON Larboard Watch / All's Well 78 HMV B1453 US $21.07 Buy It Now 7h 27m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - DANCE OF THE CUCKOOS - THE BAND OF THE BLACK WATCH - SRL1135 US $11.34 Buy It Now 8h 37m
Watch Me Dance: Agitated By Ross Orton & - T. Toddla New & Sealed Compact Disc F US $17.97 Buy It Now 8h 38m
The Band Of The Black Watch - Scotch On The Rocks 1975 7" Ex Spark SRL1128 US $6.47 Buy It Now 10h 18m
Bob Crewe Generation 45 RPM Record- Music To Watch Girls By US $1.00 [0 bids]
Someone to Watch over Me [Digipak] by Bennie Wallace (CD, Jun-1999, Enja (USA)) US $11.00 Buy It Now 10h 44m
SHEENA EASTON cd NO STRINGS Someone to Watch Over Me How Deep is the Ocean JAZZ US $9.99 [0 bids]
LINDA RONSTADT CD the NELSON RIDDLE orchestra WHATS NEW someone to watch over me US $9.99 [0 bids]
FALLENROCK watch for fallenrock 2429 122 A1/B1 1st pressing uk LP PS EX/VG US $14.58 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Cut Shallow - Watch It Cave In CD US $16.02 Buy It Now 11h 57m
John Handy 45 WATCH YOUR MONEY GO / MAKE HER MINE voc. ~ M- to VG++ jazz US $3.35 Buy It Now 12h 5m
WATCH OUT STAMPEDE - REACHER - NGR75041CD US $19.61 Buy It Now 12h 23m
GRAHAM PARKER Hey Lord Don'T Ask Me Questions 12" Ps, B/W Watch The Moon Come D US $14.58 Buy It Now 12h 30m
Someone To Watch Over Me Susannah McCorkle CD Concord CCD 4798-2 1998 US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 38m
Adam Faith-Lonesome/Watch Your Step UK 7" EX Cond US $9.71 Buy It Now 12h 53m
PAULINE HENRY Watch The Miracle Start 12" Ps, 4 Tracks Inc X Ray Dub/C US $14.58 Buy It Now 13h 8m
Alexisonfire - Watch Out [CD New] US $11.41 Buy It Now 13h 8m
Simpleton - Nuh Watch Nuh Clock + Prezident Brown, Brutus, Fabby Dolly 12 US $5.11 [0 bids]
Headliner Dance Record - Someone To Watch Over Me & The Doll Dance - TS-136 US $11.00 Buy It Now 13h 25m
De La Soul - Baby Phat/Watch Out US 12 + press sheet US $8.11 [0 bids]
IRONHORSE-SWEET LUI-LOUISE/WATCH ME FLY-ORIGINAL ITALIAN 45rpm 7" 1979-HARD ROCK US $13.00 Buy It Now 13h 40m
Susan Boyle Someone To Watch Over Me CD her third #1 album US $15.98 Buy It Now 13h 57m
BLACK GOSPEL watch them dogs by Rev. B W Smith NU cassette TAPE US $3.88 [0 bids]
JAY Z & KANYE WEST - WATCH THE THRONE (PURPLE CD) SCREWED & CHOPPED BY CHOPSTARS US $6.00 Buy It Now 14h 5m
Various(CD Album)Ones To Watch 2013-Classic Rock-New US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 7m
Various(CD Album)One To Watch Volume 5-Clash-New US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 8m
The Knight Watch Singers(CD Album)40 Christmas Crackers-Very Good US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 8m
Various(CD Album)Ones To Watch 2010-Classic Rock-New US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 8m
BAND OF THE BLACK WATCH - DANCE OF THE CUCKOOS - 7" VINYL 1975 SPARK US $7.61 Buy It Now 14h 11m
N.O.T.S. Click OC - Watch Ya Step - 12" Single Vinyl - DITC Prod by Lord Finesse US $7.99 [0 bids]
SEATRAIN watch LP VG WL Promo WLP BS 2692 Vinyl 1973 Record 1A/1A US $12.00 Buy It Now 14h 20m
ESSENCE OF MIND - WATCH OUT [EP] - NEW CD US $12.15 Buy It Now 14h 23m
Black Watch : Seven Rollercoasters CD (1997) US $4.96 Buy It Now 14h 28m
Denim And Leather ?Watch Out!!! cd Kill Again nwobhm saxon maiden priest manowar US $3.70 [3 bids]
GOB SQUAD - WATCH THE CRIPPLE DANCE - 2008 CD NEW US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 51m
Garage TYRANNIES on Watch Class Of 66 Moody LA Haunter LISTEN US $79.99 Buy It Now 15h 29m
Chocolate Watch Band In the Midnight Hour 7" RSD Record Store Day US $6.99 Buy It Now 15h 35m
Scotch On The Rocks, The Band Of The Black Watch US $5.99 [0 bids]
SUSAN BOYLE- SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME CD & DVD (DELUXE NEW) + The Best of Videos US $6.47 Buy It Now 15h 57m
TATA VEGA - YOU BETTER WATCH OUT - TAMLA RECORDS - TAMLA MOTOWN US $2.16 [0 bids]
Elvis Presley 'Bangle Watch' US $72.98 Buy It Now 16h 13m
the Black Watch and other pipe and drum tunes Folkways 8810 with insert US $25.00 Buy It Now 16h 14m
Ralph Lauren 'Fine Watch Making' Brochure Faux Snakeskin US $1.61 [0 bids]
Boneshaker - Watch The Skies / On The Air 12" US $10.14 Buy It Now 16h 23m
BAND OF THE BLACK WATCH " SCOTCH ON THE ROCKS / LET'S GO TO JERSEY " SPARK 45 US $0.81 [0 bids]
JOE BECK watch the time LP VG+ Promo WLP PD-1-6092 Vinyl 1977 Record US $14.40 Buy It Now 16h 46m
Stylistics 45 You'll Never Get to Heaven /If You Don't Watch Ou record 7" vinyl US $2.50 Buy It Now 17h 2m
First Highland Watch - Drunken Piper [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 17h 11m
CAMORRA- WATCH US START A TREND (CD) US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 14m

More places to buy THE WATCH music online Buy THE WATCH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE WATCH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE WATCH Planet Earth? ratings distribution

THE WATCH Planet Earth? reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Well, I know The Watch (and Night Watch) but Inever bother to write a review, not even for the so called ´classic´ Vaccum (which, by the way, I bought after reading the glowing reviews when I joined PA). It´s not that I don´t like them or similar minded outfits.The main problem with all the bands that try to emulate (or simply cloning) Gabriel era Genesis is the fact that they are all good to reproduce that group´s timbres, arrangements, voices and even manneirisms, but rarely their real soul that is their stunning songwriting skill. Worse, they tend to concentrade their interpretation on the more dense, obscure and complex side of Genesis (like most parts of The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway) instead of their great melodic and creative approach of their best known numbers (Citizen Cane is a good exemple of how unfathomable and plain complex they can get by this route).

The Watch does not exactly fall in that trap. Their use of acoustic guitars, Banks sounding keyboards and Hackett-like electric guitar solos are very well done and reminds me of Genesis best in many ways. Unfortunatly they did not come up with a convincing bunch of songs to match their good intentions. Planet Earth? However shows an obvious improvemnt over their previous effords. Not only the production here is much superior to all they´ve had before but the first two tracks are probably the best I ever heard written by this italian outfit. It was almost like facing what would be if Peter Gabriel stayed on around the time of A Trick Of The Tail. The remaining songs are not so good and listenging to them soon made my initial enthusiasm fade. Each one a little weaker than the previous. Not bad, really, but a little let down after the electrifying start.

Obviously all the musicians involved are very skillful and all. Simone Rossetti sounds A LOT like Peter Gabriel. And I guess they are on the way to write better and more convincing tunes in near future. At least this is what I hope. They had developed and deserve consideration. So a 3 star rating seems just about right. Good, sometimes very good, but (still) non-essential.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#268922) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 28, 2010

Review by Prog-jester
4 stars With every new THE WATCH release it becomes more difficult to write something new; I mean for us both, for me as a reviewer and for them as a band ;) Simone and the guys have been floating in Gabriel's GENESIS waters almost for 15 years (beginning from THE NIGHT WATCH's debut), and it's simply unbelievable how they manage to create something new within such narrow borders of their self-proclaimed style. Some modern arrangements, some unexpected hints, some fresh vocal overtones thrown here and there, but to be fairly honest "Planet Earth?" is the first THE WATCH album that I didn't put on repeat after the first listen; I've returned to it few weeks later, and now I feel like it's really good and solid work. 3.5 stars rounded to 4!

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#272479) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 17, 2010

4 stars I think this is the best thing they've done since "Vacuum". Now it's not as good as that particular album, but I do think it's worth 4 stars unlike their other two studio albums "Ghost" and "Primitive" both of which I gave 3 stars to respectively. The thing with "Vacuum" was the mellotron and the emotion that came with it.This new album doesn't have quite as much mellotron or emotion but enough to get me excited about this band again. And they use real mellotron unlike many modern bands.

"Welcome To Your Life" settles quickly with vocals then starts to pick up again after 1 1/2 minutes. I like the chorus.Mellotron before 5 1//2 minutes to end it. Nice. "Something Wrong" opens with acoustic guitar and reserved vocals. Electric guitar and a fuller sound before 2 minutes as these contrasts continue. Love when that electric guitar comes in. Flute after 4 minutes. This is a beautiful track. "Earth" has a powerful intro before vocals and an uptempo melody take over. Lots of keyboards and the tempo shifts often. Electric guitar after 4 minutes followed by mellotron.

"All The Lights In Town" opens with piano as pulsating organ, bass, drums and vocals take over. Guitar before 2 minutes then it calms right down. Not for long though. The mellotron, keys and vocals sound amazing 6 1/2 minutes in. "The World Inside" sounds so good with the vocals, keys and drums. It does get fuller as contrasts continue. Gorgeous track. "New Normal" is pastoral with flute. Reserved vocals join in. Mellotron too. "Tourist Trap" kicks in quickly with vocals. Nice bass too. It settles again as mellotron rolls in. The tempo continues to change. Lots of mellotron 5 1/2 minutes in.

My faith in this band has been rewarded. Sure this is GENESIS-101 but it's so good.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#280834) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 07, 2010

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Is it a curse or blessing that one sounds like Peter Gabriel ? I don't mind it, I quite like this style, so this isn't a problem. I listened it album few weeks ago and after this listen, I was disappointed. So I concentrated on other work and left this album be while I returned recently to hear if I was wrong. Yeah, I was, I like it now.

For those who was disappointed that golden era of Genesis lasted just few albums (even regarded as masterpiece by Prog community), there is solution. There are bands that are considered by some as Gen-clone bands, that play (and sing) in "vein" of G. et cetera.

Why not I say, if it's influence, then it is OK. What is also important is to give "heart" to album making process, especially when it's Symphonic / Neo genre. I feel it here, it's present and it works. It's funny because when I was listening acoustic guitar solo in Something Wrong, I realized that I hear one part of "Supper's Ready", only polished, enhanced, upgraded. So I tried to find out if anyone feels the same way in previous reviews. Torodd's review shows that it's easy to guess which Gen album it may be. I wished it's Foxtrot and yeah, we are two. At least.

Earth on the other hand really reminds "Dance on a Volcano. We can continue like that for a long period of time, but it's not really that important.

As long as you don't mind it, you'll be OK. Because songs, tracks here, music in general is very good. With this strange feeling that you have heard it before. And you know even why.

4(-) should be balanced enough.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#280946) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 08, 2010

Review by Nightfly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Rock Progressivo Italiano Team
4 stars It's very difficult to say anything about The Watch that hasn't already been said in reviews of this album or previous ones for that matter. Understandably most people are going to immediately seize upon their uncanny resemblance to Genesis. This can't be denied and whether it's a good or bad thing is down to your own individual feelings about bands blatantly ripping off others to the point of being totally derivative. My own feelings on this is that we don't have Genesis anymore, never have in a prog sense for almost thirty years now and if we can't have them then this damn fine band will fill the spot nicely.

Whether The Watch sounded like Genesis or not there would be no getting away from the fact that vocalist Simone Rossetti is totally in the Peter Gabriel School of singers. Partly for this reason parallels are often drawn with the Gabriel Genesis era and quite rightly too. The instrumentation is very much of the early Genesis era too with Tony Banks styled piano, Mellotron and Hammond and guitars picked and strummed ala Steve Hackett and Mike Rutherford. Even the rhythm section borrows though in a more simplified form. Musically though I would stretch the influences as far as early Collins fronted Genesis with parts here and there, particularly on Something Wrong having a Trick Of The Tail vibe. Entangled and Ripples anyone?

How The Watch get away with all this is simple. They write great songs and have produced an album with subtle melodies that admittedly take a few plays to get under the skin, but when they do you're hooked. They produce a lovely sound, low on the bombastic front steering a largely mellower course, but that's fine with me. It's a very consistent album, not a weak moment in sight, the seven compositions full of interest with plenty of subtle changes and pleasing authentic seventies sounding instrumental moments.

Whether you like this album or not is going to depend on how much you like Genesis. If you don't then it's not for you but if you're a fan and don't mind something derivative then Planet Earth? Is well worth a listen.

Send comments to Nightfly (BETA) | Report this review (#282492) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Review by Warthur
3 stars I'm usually quite favourably disposed towards The Watch, because whilst they are an unabashed Genesis clone band they are at least able to present a skillful blend of the modern and the nostalgic, with their music resembling the classic Genesis sound with a sprinkling of more current touches. On Planet Earth, however, The Watch seem to have brushed those sprinkes aside in favour of more direct and (to my ears) unoriginal Genesis worship. It's all a pleasant enough listen, of course, but this time around the band seem to be low on inspiration - and that's never something I like to hear happening to a band I like, because who knows when they'll get it back?

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#744714) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 26, 2012

Review by Gatot
3 stars Greetings from Jakarta! Happy Eid Mubarak for those muslims who are progheads as well ..!

Hi there! How are you? Sorry for missing from this lovely prog site such a long long time even though I keep visiting this site at least once in a week....but I have not written anything prog at all so far even though I am still proggin' till now and forever till the end of the world, probably ... My BIG apologies for many of you who emailed me and sent me PM asking me to comeback revieing prog albums. Yeah .. I wanted to but I had other demanding commitments on other things that I had to manage. Trust me .. I always keep on proggin' ....and have been enjoying many new prog albums such as Spock's Beard, Steven Wilson, The Tangent, The Flower Kings, Pain of Salvation and many more. Some of them I realize that I have not written any word about it including this album by The Watch. Let me try again to write another prog album review and hope that I still remember how to write good review as I really busy with other things including something related to music, ie the rebirth of cassette tape as an excellent analog medium for vintage prog and rock music. In my country, cassette tape is now regaining its competitive edge as many music lovers are getting bored with the clean (too damn clean) of digital music while vinyl is too damn expensive to acquire to most people.

Let's now talk about this "Planet Earth?"...

First off, you may recall that I am a great fan of symphonic prog - so no wonder that I love Genesis, Yes, ELP and the like. Talking about Genesis, most of you might refer to the charismatic figure of Peter Gabriel with his powerful voice. I missed Gabriel voice after he left Genesis that's why when I had a CD of Citizen Cain where the voice of Cyrus was clearly emulating Gabriel's I was so happy. Later, I found the Italian band named as The Night Watch whom its vocalist sounded like Gabriel as well - I was very happy also. I don't mind people call this band as copy cat of Genesis Gabriel era. So what? That's what I want, so ... I kept listening the band which later changed the name to The Watch. The fact that the vocalist sounds like Gabriel is a plus point for me even though musically is not as complex as Genesis. Never mind, I still enjoy it.

This album came to me long time ago and by the time I'm writing this review I have spun the album for more than eight times in its entirety already - so it's about time to write a fair review about this. Overall, I still think this album represents what I expected from this band who has been in fact consistent with its music direction: emulating Gabriel voice and Genesis kind of music. So, I am very happy about it. As I keep spinning it I find that as far as music flow this album makes a tendency for the listeners to get bored with the music which is not quite enthusiastic or less energetic, I would say, after the first impressive track. Sometimes I could not stand to listen the album until the end because of there was not so much variations in terms of nuances and musical dynamics. It's too soft probably...and less melodious.

The first track "Welcome to your Life" (6:11) is really impressive and very energetic as a symphonic prog music. It's not as energetic as "Back in NYC" but it makes me smile and happy enjoying the music especially with the repeating riffs that form an excellent rhythm section. It's so wonderful and I don't hesitate to give this track as an excellent one with fice star rating! In fact, this track has become my prime motive to spin this album. It's really my favourite track from this album and probably one of the finest from The Watch.

Unfortunately the great dynamic created by the opening track is not maintained beautifully at the following track 2. "Something Wrong" (7:41) which seems like being positioned like Genesis' "Entangled" with similar segments sounding alike. Great guitar work actually. It's like a dream comes true: Gabriel sings at A trick of The Tail album. fabulous idea, right? Unfortunately this track lacks its soul and nuance so that it creates a drawback. Don't get me wrong, this is a good track - but not having enough soul, in my opinion.

The third track "Earth" (5:52) is more energetic and in the same vein as the opening track. I would imagine if this one should have been positioned right after the first track ends or it flows seamlessly. The reason is because they both are in the same vein. Even tjough it's not as energetic as the opening track but this one is energetic and has its soul. It has some mellotron breaks as well. "All the Lights in Town" (8:15) starts nicely with piano work followed with energetic music like Watcher of The Skies style, combined with Get tHem Out By Friday - listen to how the bass guitar is played. The closing track "Tourist Trap" (7:23) is another good track from this album. The composition is balanced combining the energetic as well as mellow part with very good guitar fills very specific like Genesis.

In summary, this is a very good album from The Watch and I want them continue with this kind of music they play. I think this one deserves a 3.5 star rating. Never mind being called as Genesis copy cat. It's an excellent copy cat band. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

*) Oh I forgot how to make Bold and Italic ....

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#1015876) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 10, 2013

5 stars Fourth time's a charm for Gabriel-era Genesis influenced The Watch (not counting the debut as The Night Watch), and on this one the melodies are a bit stronger, the chords a bit more instriguing, and the band a bit tighter than on their previous releases. For me personally, each cd is progress ... (read more)

Report this review (#275993) | Posted by snelling | Friday, April 02, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I believe I am an admirer of this band. So a review of their new album is in order. It is impossible to listen to a The Watch album without even trying to guess which Genesis album this album is trying to copy. I can fully understand why half of their career is devoted to touring as a Genesis ... (read more)

Report this review (#269143) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Monday, March 01, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I have always been a big fan of Genesis and, usually, I am also very indulgent in judging the work of the so-called Genesis's "clones". Nonetheless I think that this last effort from THE WATCH is a typical example of good packaging without content. Yes, a first superficial listen to the new album ... (read more)

Report this review (#266459) | Posted by Poldo65 | Monday, February 15, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Let me be the first to review this cd. I can't remain objective when I review an album from The Watch simply because when I hear them, they tickle hidden memories from my youth. I grownt with the music of Genesis since "Nursery Crime" era, The Watch play that way but not simply cloning that ki ... (read more)

Report this review (#265106) | Posted by crazyprog | Tuesday, February 09, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE WATCH "Planet Earth?"