I'M A BOY

- Pete Townshend / guitars
- Keith Moon / drums
- Roger Daltrey / vocals
- John Entwistle / bass

Released by: International Polydor Production (Germany), Reaction (UK), and Decca (USA) on August 26, 1966

Thanks to Epignosis for the addition

Buy THE WHO I'm a Boy Music

I'm a BoyI'm a Boy
Limited Edition
Universal Japan 2006
$44.99

THE WHO - I'm A Boy - 1966 UK 2-track 7" vinyl single USD $19.74 Buy It Now 9h 48m
THE WHO - I'm A Boy - Original 1966 German 2-track 7" vinyl single in pic.sleeve USD $21.06 Buy It Now 11h 10m
THE WHO - - I'M A BOY - - 1966 Australian POLYDOR 7" - - Mod Rock USD $7.51 Buy It Now 21h 49m
2017 THE WHO I'M A BOY 7INCH EP SIZE SPECIAL SLEEVE JAPAN 2 TRACKS SHM CD USD $21.00 Buy It Now 22h 19m
Punk TOWERS of LONDON 7" I'm A Rat / The Boy Who Found A Girl PICTURE DISC NEW USD $5.25 Buy It Now 1 day
The Who Promotional 4 Track Collector's Bonus Disc Magic Bus I'm A Boy Substitut USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Who ?- I'm A Boy Reaction ?- 591004 UK Vinyl 7inch Single USD $16.71 [0 bids]
THE WHO Substitute I'm a boy Pictures of Lilly German USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE WHO 'I'M A BOY' 1966 7" SINGLE VG- USD $3.94 [0 bids]
Who I'm a boy Reaction 591004 VG USD $1.30 [0 bids]
THE WHO I'M A BOY c/w IN THE CITY 1966 REACTION RECORDS USD $10.26 Buy It Now 2 days
THE WHO - I'M A BOY / IN THE CITY - 7" SINGLE - REACTION - ROGER DALTREY USD $6.57 [0 bids]
THE WHO - I'M A BOY - RARE 7" 45 VINYL RECORD - 1966 USD $9.57 Buy It Now 3 days
The Who CD Single I'm A Boy Card Sleeve USD $9.22 Buy It Now 4 days
Who I'm A Boy Japanese SHM CD UICY-78495 POLYDOR Audiophile 2017 USD $43.38 Buy It Now 4 days
Who I'm A Boy - Solid 7" vinyl single record UK 591004 REACTION 1966 USD $36.81 Buy It Now 4 days
I'm a boy - The Who - 1966 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 5 days
Victor 18709 Victor Roberts - I'm A Lonesome Little Raindrop / For Every Boy Who USD $35.97 Buy It Now 5 days
Who I'm a boy Reaction 591004 VG+ USD $1.30 [1 bids]
The Who - I'm A Boy - Extremely rare norwegian 1966 single - EX/EX USD $750.00 Buy It Now 6 days
The Who - I'm A Boy 7", Single, (Reaction) USD $6.57 Buy It Now 7 days
THE WHO 7" Single I'm a boy/ In the city USD $3.94 Buy It Now 7 days
THE WHO-I'M A BOY / IN THE CITY-JAPAN 7INCH MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed D73 USD $19.50 Buy It Now 8 days
THE WHO - I'M A BOY/IN THE CITY USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $27.87 Buy It Now 8 days
The Who I'm A Boy / In The City 7" USD $6.59 Buy It Now 8 days
THE WHO - I'M A BOY / IN THE CITY 1966 UK REACTION 591004 - 7" 45rpm VINYL MOD USD $7.89 Buy It Now 9 days
The Who ?- I'm A Boy Vinyl 7" Single UK Reaction 591004 Solid Centre 1966 USD $20.40 Buy It Now 9 days
THE WHO - SUBSTITUTE / I'M A BOY / LILY - * RARE POLYDOR 1976 12" 45rpm * - MOD USD $9.22 Buy It Now 9 days
THE WHO I'M A BOY 7" REACTION UK MONO 1966 TOP SHAPE! FAST DISPATCH USD $11.84 Buy It Now 10 days
"ALMOST MINT" THE WHO...I`M A BOY..1966 REACTION RECORDS HARD / CLASSIC ROCK 7" USD $15.79 Buy It Now 11 days
The Who-I'm a boy 7" 1965 USD $2.62 Buy It Now 11 days
The Who - Substitute / I'm A Boy / Pictures Of Lily 7" Vinyl Polydor 2058 803 USD $7.89 Buy It Now 11 days
The Who 7" I'm A Boy Orig. Germany USD $9.11 Buy It Now 11 days
The Who I'm A Boy / In The City 7 Inch SHM MINI LP CD JAPAN UICY-78495 USD $22.49 Buy It Now 11 days
THE WHO substitute*i'm a boy*pictures of lily 1976 UK POLYDOR 12" 45RPM USD $14.47 Buy It Now 12 days
Who - I'm A Boy / In The City (CD Used Like New) USD $18.96 Buy It Now 12 days
The Who - I'm A Boy / In The City [New CD] Shm CD, Japan - Import USD $19.16 Buy It Now 12 days
THE WHO I'm A Boy 7inch sized EP JAPAN Mini LP SHM CD 2 tracks 1967 2017 3rd USD $19.80 Buy It Now 12 days
The Who - I'm A Boy - 1966 UK - Reaction - 591004 USD $9.15 Buy It Now 13 days
The Who Live At Leeds CD NEW SEALED My Generation/Substitute/I'm A Boy/Magic Bus USD $6.57 Buy It Now 13 days
THE WHO I'm A BOY POLYBOY SLPM-1354 2013 Vinyl LP Used NM USD $299.99 Buy It Now 13 days
THE WHO I'm a Boy / In The City 7" on Reaction DALTREY TOWNSHEND USD $10.54 Buy It Now 14 days
THE WHO : Substitute / I'm a boy / Pictures of Lily - 1976 UK 12" single EX/NM USD $10.54 Buy It Now 14 days
The Who "I'm A Boy" c/w "in The City" 7" 45 r.p.m. USD $3.94 Buy It Now 15 days
THE WHO - I'M A BOY / IN THE CITY - RARE 7" 45 VINYL RECORD 1966 USD $11.71 Buy It Now 16 days
THE WHO "I'm A Boy" Original UK 7" Single - Reaction Records 591004 USD $3.95 Buy It Now 16 days
WHO I'm A Boy POSTER UK Reaction 1966 Repro Promo Poster For Single Release USD $10.13 Buy It Now 16 days
THE WHO HAPPY JACK/I'M A BOY/IN THE CITY/BEEN AWAY MEGA RARE ISRAELI EP USD $450.00 Buy It Now 17 days
WHO-I`M A BOY / IN THE CITY (SHM) (JPN) CD NEW USD $31.76 Buy It Now 17 days
WHO:I'm A Boy 2:39-In The City 2:23-Japan 7" Polydor Records DP1510 PSL Flipback USD $148.98 Buy It Now 18 days
The Who - I'm A Boy / In The City [New CD] Shm CD, Japan - Import USD $20.96 Buy It Now 18 days
THE WHO I'M A BOY GERMAN PIC SLEEVE 60S MOD CREATION 45 USD $30.00 Buy It Now 19 days
Who-I'm A Boy-591004-Vinyl-7"-Single-Record-45-The Who-Pete Townshend-45-1960s USD $13.17 Buy It Now 20 days
The Who 7" I'm A Boy Dutch USD $11.39 Buy It Now 20 days
THE WHO I'm A Boy / In The City MONO 45 Rare 1st UK PRESS Reaction LABEL 1966 USD $12.51 Buy It Now 20 days
Who I'm A Boy - CDV Video CD Japanese promo PIFP-1006 PIONEER 1990 USD $42.80 Buy It Now 20 days
THE WHO I'M A BOY / IN THE CITY RARE 1966 RECORD GERMANY 7" PS USD $19.90 Buy It Now 21 days
THE WHO_I'm A Boy_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships from AUS_L1a USD $17.68 Buy It Now 21 days
WHO - I'M A BOY - 1966 7" VG - LOOK IN MY EBAY SHOP & BUY MORE 45'S SAVE POSTAGE USD $3.95 Buy It Now 22 days
The Who - I'm A Boy (Vinyl) USD $20.40 Buy It Now 22 days
THE WHO I'M A BOY / IN THE CITY 1966 REACTION UK PRESSED 7" USD $9.21 Buy It Now 22 days
NME 26 AUG 1966 . THE WHO I'M A BOY FRONT COVER . BEATLES . BEACH BOYS USD $22.38 Buy It Now 23 days
S1209 The Who - In The City & I'm A Boy 7Inch Record USD $13.16 Buy It Now 23 days
THE WHO I'm a boy JAPAN ONLY MINI LP CD SEALED USD $44.99 Buy It Now 23 days
THEN AND NOW - 1964-2004 - THE WHO - GREATEST HITS - MY GENERATION / I'M A BOY + USD $2.75 Buy It Now 24 days
THE WHO i'm a boy*in the city 1966 UK REACTION MOD 45 USD $14.47 Buy It Now 25 days
The Who/I'm A Boy/1966 Reaction 7" Single USD $13.16 Buy It Now 25 days
THE WHO "I'M A BOY c/w IN THE CITY" 60's USD $13.16 Buy It Now 25 days
THE WHO - I'm a Boy / In the City - 45 rpm - Decca 32058 - VG++ to Near Mint USD $25.00 Buy It Now 26 days
FLUFFY SCREAM 3 TRACK 1996 PROMO CD SINGLE LP + LIVE VERSION THE WHO'S I'M A BOY USD $8.95 Buy It Now 27 days
THE WHO I'm a boy In the city Swedish Picture sleeve USD $29.99 Buy It Now 27 days
THE WHO - I'M A BOY / IN THE CITY - MINT - 60's USD $13.10 Buy It Now 28 days
THE WHO - I'M A BOY/IN THE CITY UK REACTION 591004 IN EX- CONDI. FREE SHIPPING! USD $19.99 Buy It Now 28 days
The Who - Substitute / I'm A Boy 7" Vinyl Record 1966 Polydor 2058 803 USD $5.27 Buy It Now 28 days
THE WHO - I'M A BOY/IN THE CITY NEW CD USD $27.48 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy THE WHO music online Buy THE WHO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

THE WHO I'm a Boy ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(44%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(0%)

THE WHO I'm a Boy reviews

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
3 stars Almost as a precursor to his concept albums, Pete Townshend penned this ditty for a concept album that would be scrapped, but fortunately the song survived and was released as a single (and on numerous compilations to follow). The song involves a futuristic setting in which parents can determine the gender of their children. In this particular case, the parents request four girls (God only knows why), but wind up getting three girls and a boy. The narrator is the hapless fellow who wishes to assert his masculinity, but his mother refuses him this dignity and pretends he is their fourth girl. Despite the bizarre topic, "I'm a Boy" is one of the best 1960s pop-rock songs ever written, as it contains a melody so catchy it can stay in one's heard for days, and the rhythm guitar work of the songwriter paired with Keith Moons drumming make for a fantastic instrumental bit. Using a deep brass and some excellent vocal harmonies, the B-side, "In the City" is fairly typical of the genre during the time. It is admittedly generic both musically and lyrically, but would give other guys something to dance to with our girls (I hope that reference isn't too groan-inducing).
Review by Conor Fynes
2 stars 'I'm A Boy' - The Who (Single)

Two pretty standard songs from the era, this shows a more conventional and pop leaning side of the Who. Even this early on in the game, the Who were rocking alot harder than most of their contemporaries. These two songs sound alot more like the other sort of stuff that was being performed around the Western World.

'I'm A Boy' is a fun song that has a bit of a depressing concept to it. The idea of being a boy, and having your own mother disdain you simply for your gender is sad, but the catchiness of the tune makes it a pretty upbeat number. The other song here 'In The City' is pretty forgettable but there's nothing utterly wrong with it.

Generic, if not decent 60's pop.

Post a review of THE WHO "I'm a Boy"