THE MIRROR

8 The Mirror 5:23
9 The Hoofer 3:54

Search SPOOKY TOOTH The Mirror lyrics

Search SPOOKY TOOTH The Mirror tabs

Val Burke Bass, Guitar (Bass), Vocals, Vocals (bckgr)
Bryson Graham Percussion, Drums
Mike Harrison Keyboards, Vocals
Mick Jones Guitar, Percussion, Vocals (bckgr), Producer
Mike Kellie Drums
Eddie Kramer Producer, Engineer
Mike Patto Organ, Percussion, Drums, Keyboards, Piano (Electric), Vocals, Clavinet
Gary Wright Organ, Synthesizer, Piano, Keyboards, Vocals, Vocals (bckgr), Clavinet, Producer

LP (U.K.) : Good Ear EARL-2001(1974)
Vinyl LP (U.S, and Canada) - Island ILPS 9292 (1974)
CD - Line MLCD 900090

Thanks to chris s for the addition
and to Guillermo for the last updates

SPOOKY TOOTH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPOOKY TOOTH The Mirror Music

The Best of Spooky Tooth: That Was Only YesterdayThe Best of Spooky Tooth: That Was Only Yesterday
Remastered
A&M 1999
Spooky TwoSpooky Two
A&M 1990
Lost BroadcastsLost Broadcasts
Widescreen
United States Dist 2012
DVD$7.89
Lost in My Dream: An Anthology 1968-1974Lost in My Dream: An Anthology 1968-1974
Import · Remastered
Esoteric 2009
Spooky Tooth: Nomad Poets Live in GermanySpooky Tooth: Nomad Poets Live in Germany
Multiple Formats
Koch Records 2007
DVD$9.62
It's All AboutIt's All About
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Repertoire 2005
SPOOKY TOOTH 7" WAITING FOR THE WIND-FEELIN BA argentina ID# 55336 PROMO BANNER US $18.00 Buy It Now 51m 8s
Spooky Tooth Last Puff vinyl LP 1970 Island [Large I] Records EX [Mike Harrison] US $65.00 Buy It Now 59m 9s
SPOOKY TOOTH Witness UK Island Lp pink rim gatefold US $34.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
1973 Spooky Tooth YOU BROKE MY HEART SO I BUSTED YOUR JAW LP record album US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 5m
You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw, Spooky Tooth, Very Good Original record US $57.97 Buy It Now 4h 16m
GARY WRIGHT - SPOOKY TOOTH That Was Yesterday WHITE LABEL PROMO 2-LP A US $7.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH You Broke My Heart, So I Busted Your Jaw 1973 A&M Orig w INSERT US $18.00 Buy It Now 5h 8m
Spooky Tooth Hell Or High Water / The Mirror PROMO 45 RPM Vinyl US $9.75 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Spooky Tooth All Sewn Up / Things Change 45 RPM Vinyl US $8.75 Buy It Now 5h 20m
Spooky Tooth Spooky Two Psychedelic Rock LP A&M Records US $9.99 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth - Ceremony - RARE 1970 White Label PROMO LP - CLEAN! US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 24m
SPOOKY TOOTH ( THE LAST PUFF ) ORIGINAL A&M brown label U.S. vinyl PSYCH rock LP US $9.95 Buy It Now 7h 25m
GARY WRIGHT - Touch & Gone - 1977 Gate-Fold Vinyl Lp./ Spooky Tooth US $1.99 Buy It Now 7h 43m
SPOOKY TOOTH - LOST IN MY DREAM: AN ANTHOLOGY 1968-1974 NEW CD US $38.61 Buy It Now 8h 27m
GARY WRIGHT-SPOOKY TOOTH THAT WAS ONLY YSTRDAY 8 TRACK US $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 58m
SPOOKY TOOTH-SUNSHIME HELP ME-JAPAN 7" US $97.99 Buy It Now 12h 40m
SPOOKY TOOTH-SPOOKY TWO-JAPAN PROMO WHITE LABEL GF +OBI US $209.99 Buy It Now 12h 50m
SPOOKY TOOTH-HAVE MERCY-JAPAN ISSUE 7" US $142.99 Buy It Now 13h 6m
Spooky Tooth 7¨ single I Am The Walrus pink label Island original Germany US $8.95 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH-I AM THE WALRUS-JAPAN 7" US $97.99 Buy It Now 13h 58m
SPOOKY TOOTH-I AM THE WALRUS-JAPAN PROMO WHITE LABEL 7" US $97.99 Buy It Now 14h 53m
SPOOKY TOOTH-THE BEST OF-JAPAN ISSUE PROMO LABEL +OBI US $56.99 Buy It Now 16h 24m
1979 "NM Wax" ??? Sample Gary Wright Headin' Home P-10632W Japan Spooky Tooth US $8.99 Buy It Now 19h 58m
Spooky Tooth Spooky Two 8 Track untested US $8.99 [0 bids]
Gary Wright Lot Of 2 7" Dream Weaver Love Is Alive Spooky Tooth US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 12m
Spooky Tooth You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw Record LP A US $5.00 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH YOU BROKE MY HEART SO I BUSTED YOUR JAW FREE COMBINED U.S. SHIPPING US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH LP TABACCO ROAD US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth - Missing Teeth! / TendolarTDR-041 Import - Silver CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth Lp The Last Puff Featuring Mike Harrison Brown A&M Original US $3.99 [0 bids]
Gary Wright Footprint Spooky Tooth LP George Harrison EX US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH YOU BROKE MY HEART SO I BUSTED YOUR JAW A&M PROMO 1973 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH BEST OF 1975 JAPAN CD PHCR-4844 US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE HARRISON "Rainbow Rider" SEALED LP 1975 (Island ILPS 9359). SPOOKY TOOTH US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH The Last Puff ISLAND 85 685 IT GERMANY I Am The Walrus EX LP US $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH "WITNESS" ALBUM ADVERT 1973 MIKE HARRISON GARY WRIGHT ETC US $21.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth Self-Titled US $12.50 [12 bids]
Spooky Tooth Spooky Two UK Press Later Issue Pink Rim Palm Label US $14.50 [6 bids]
Spooky Tooth The Last Puff US $5.50 [6 bids]
Spooky Tooth The Mirror US $3.58 [5 bids]
Spooky Tooth Witness US $3.58 [6 bids]
Spooky Tooth You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw US $1.53 [3 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH:SON OF YOUR FATHER/I'VE GOT ENOUGH HEARTACHE US $4.87 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth With Pierre Henry - Ceremony (NEW CD) US $19.04 Buy It Now 1 day
SPOOKY TOOTH: The Last Puff (rare rock & pop LP) US $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH you broke my heart so i busted your jaw LP VG SP 4385 Vinyl 1973 US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH WITNESS VG+ PINK RIM LABELS HEAR IT US $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH Two Time Love / The Hoofer UK GOODEAR 1974 Mike Patto HEAVY ROCK US $6.41 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth "The Last Puff" vinyl LP German Pink Island #6339 004 EX vinyl! US $29.99 [0 bids]
CD-Spooky Tooth-Cross Purpose UK Hard Rock Psych~pop US $8.99 [0 bids]
Spooky Two by Spooky Tooth (CD, Oct-1990, A&M (USA)) US $19.95 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH ceremony LP 6 track laminated sleeve (6444540) german fontana 1969 US $33.02 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth: The Mirror ~ Lp Record Album ~ 1974 Island Vinyl ~ ILPS-9292 US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GARY WRIGHT Dream Weaver BEAUTIFUL ORIGINAL 1975 WARNER BROS LP Spooky Tooth US $5.96 [0 bids]
Cross Purpose by Spooky Tooth (CD, Feb-1999, Ruf Records) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth LP You Broke My Heart, So I Busted Your Jaw 1973 Gatefold EX US $12.95 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH 'Sunshine Help Me' 45 UK US $10.00 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH 'That Was Only Yesterday / Oh Pretty Woman' 45 French US $20.00 [0 bids]
The V.I.Ps / SPOOKY TOOTH 'I Wanna Be Free' Mono French EP US $75.00 [0 bids]
Early Recordings David Bowie Led Zeppelin Status Quo Spooky Tooth US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE HARRISON - Rainbow Rider LP Island cc Spooky Tooth US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH "tobacco road" 1971 A&M SP-4300 Psych Prog-LP VG+,VG+ US $3.50 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH TWO REEL TO REEL TAPE 4 TRACK Never played US $28.00 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth Nomad Poets Live Germany '04 CD NEW SEALED US $8.09 Buy It Now 2 days
It's All About by Spooky Tooth (CD, Feb-1996, Edsel (UK)) US $7.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH "CROSS PURPOSE" GERMAN IMPORT 1999 CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw by Spooky Tooth(A&M...1973) VG+ LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH The Last Puff 1970 First US Pressing Brown A&M Label SP42 Near Mint US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH-The Last Puff VINYL LP TOP COPY UK PINK RIM A1/B1 US $38.09 [1 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH ORIGINAL 1968 U.K. LP ITS ALL ABOUT PINK ISLAND EYE LABEL US $121.62 Buy It Now 3 days
Luther Grosvenor/Under Open Skies/1971 1st UK Island Gatefold LP/Spooky Tooth US $32.44 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH Cross Purpose CD 1999 Classic Bluesy Rock US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH: Son Of Your Father (rock & pop vinyl 45) US $20.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH "THE LAST PUFF" RARE A&M RECORDS STEREO RECORD ALBUM SP 4266 US $20.00 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH "WITNESS" RARE 1973 ISLAND RECORDS STEREO ALBUM SW-9337 US $20.00 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth - Mirror 1974 Island 1st Ed. LP w/ die cut cover US $10.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GARY WRIGHT - SPOOKY TOOTH "THAT WAS ONLY YESTERDAY" 2 A&M "LP's" VG+ CONDITION US $10.00 [0 bids]
Gary Wright & Spooky Tooth - That Was Only Yesterday - LP Record/Vinyl A&M Rec. US $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days
The Best of Spooky Tooth - Island Records - 1975 - LP US $24.99 [0 bids]
FRIENDS LP BLOODWYN PIG LEE MICHAELS QUINCY JONES THE MOVE FREE SPOOKY TOOTH US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Tremeloes/Marmalade/Simon Dupree/Nice/Spooky Tooth 1968 Brighton Flyer US $35.68 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH SUNSHINE HELP ME UK PSYCH AUSSIE ISSUE 45 FESTIVAL SAMPLE PROMO US $40.61 [0 bids]
PIERRE HENRY & SPOOKY TOOTH Ceremony PHILIPS French orig LP Psych US $10.00 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH THE MIRROR RARE DELETED CD FANTASY SATISFIER MICK JONES ETC US $18.05 Buy It Now 3 days
Bumpers,Blodwyn Pig,Mott The Hoople,If,Spooky Tooth,Free,Jethro Tull,LP US $54.31 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth - You Broke My Heart so I Busted Your Jaw LP Original Gatefold US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Fairport Convention/Jethro Tull/Spooky Tooth & more,You Can All Join In,LP US $12.96 Buy It Now 3 days
[LP] Spooky Tooth,Spooky Two (Island) {NM} US $26.39 Buy It Now 3 days
GARY WRIGHT - DREAM WEAVER - 7" (SPOOKY TOOTH / WAYNE'S WORLD) VG CONDITION US $1.61 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth Spooky Two A&M USA 1969 Analog ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $52.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth The Last Puff A&M Analog Reissue Near Mint ULTRASONIC CLEAN US $32.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH The Mirror LP 1974 Island Records Canada VG/GD Prog Rock Album US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
EX/EX- !! Mike Harrison/Self Titled/1971 Island LP/Spooky Tooth US $44.60 Buy It Now 3 days
EX UK ISLAND LP - SPOOKY TOOTH - YOU BROKE MY HEART SO I BUSTED YOUR JAW US $18.65 [2 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH "You Broke My Heart So I busted Your Jaw" 1973 Blues Rock LP VG++ US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH Spooky Two (1969)/Island ILPS 9098 US $14.58 [0 bids]
LP-Spooky Tooth-You Broke My Heart So I busted..70's UK hard rock-US issue US $9.99 [0 bids]
Gary Wright Spooky Tooth Sealed Solo LP 1977 US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH two UK ORIGINAL PINK ISLAND ILPS-9098 LP psych US $99.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH The Mirror  ISLAND die cut cover VG+ US $25.55 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy SPOOKY TOOTH music online Buy SPOOKY TOOTH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPOOKY TOOTH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPOOKY TOOTH The Mirror ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(5%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(60%)

SPOOKY TOOTH The Mirror reviews

Review by Guillermo
3 stars After their LP "Ceremony" was released, Gary Wright left the band. Mike Harrison, Mike Kellie and Luther Grosvenor recorded one more album called "The Last Puff" with some assistance from some musicians of Joe Cocker´s band in 1970, and also toured briefly that year before they split.

In 1973, Harrison, Wright and Kellie re-formed the band with guitarist Mick Jones (later the founder of Foreigner in 1976). After some changes in personnel and two albums, in 1974 the band recorded this album called "The Mirror" , now with Mike Patto, Bryson Graham and Val Burke in the line-up, and with Gary Wright as the only original member. As I read in one website dedicated to the band, it seems that Patto and Wright had some conflicts in the musical direction of the band, so after this album was released, Wright left the band and took the name of the band with him. So, the band was dissolved until in 1999 the band was reformed by Mike Harrison, Mike Kellie, Luther Grossvenor and Greg Ridley (but without Wright) and they recorded an album called "Cross Purposes" (which I have not listened to yet).

This "The Mirror" album is mostly influenced in sound by Gary Wright and it also has the predominant use of synthesisers. It also has a very good recording and mixing.It also has in sound more influences by the mid- seventies Hard Rock style, but it also has some progressive influences.

The best songs in this album are "Kyle" (a very good ballad), "Fantasy Satisfier" and "The Mirror". "The Hoofer", a song by Patto, is a bit different in style to the other songs.

The original LP cover was very good in design, having a die-cut cover on which an inner sleeve drawing could be seen. To see scans of the original LP cover visit www.collectable- records.ru/groups/spooky_tooth/mirror.htm

This album was re-issued several times with different covers and even under a different title ("Comic Violence" ).

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#410623) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 03, 2011

5 stars This is an essential piece of music for any true proggers collection. This is a meaty album with no fillers really. Fantasy Satisfier is a fantastic start to the album, nice progressions on many of their songs, and generally great compositions...no not generally, but everything is just so good! ... (read more)

Report this review (#410441) | Posted by dubovsky | Thursday, March 03, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SPOOKY TOOTH "The Mirror"