THE MIRROR

8 The Mirror 5:23
9 The Hoofer 3:54

Search SPOOKY TOOTH The Mirror lyrics

Search SPOOKY TOOTH The Mirror tabs

Val Burke Bass, Guitar (Bass), Vocals, Vocals (bckgr)
Bryson Graham Percussion, Drums
Mike Harrison Keyboards, Vocals
Mick Jones Guitar, Percussion, Vocals (bckgr), Producer
Mike Kellie Drums
Eddie Kramer Producer, Engineer
Mike Patto Organ, Percussion, Drums, Keyboards, Piano (Electric), Vocals, Clavinet
Gary Wright Organ, Synthesizer, Piano, Keyboards, Vocals, Vocals (bckgr), Clavinet, Producer

LP (U.K.) : Good Ear EARL-2001(1974)
Vinyl LP (U.S, and Canada) - Island ILPS 9292 (1974)
CD - Line MLCD 900090

Thanks to chris s for the addition
and to Guillermo for the last updates

SPOOKY TOOTH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPOOKY TOOTH The Mirror Music

The Best of Spooky Tooth: That Was Only YesterdayThe Best of Spooky Tooth: That Was Only Yesterday
Remastered
A&M 1999
Lost in My Dream: An Anthology 1968-1974Lost in My Dream: An Anthology 1968-1974
Import · Remastered
Esoteric 2009
Spooky Tooth: Nomad Poets Live in GermanySpooky Tooth: Nomad Poets Live in Germany
Multiple Formats
Island UK 1991
Spooky TwoSpooky Two
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Repertoire 2005
Tremeloes/Marmalade/Simon Dupree/Nice/Spooky Tooth 1968 Brighton Flyer US $35.42 Buy It Now 1h 40m
[LP] Spooky Tooth,Spooky Two (Island) {NM} US $28.49 Buy It Now 7h 40m
SPOOKY TOOTH "tobacco road" 1971 A&M SP-4300 Near Mint Psych Prog Ansel Adams US $15.00 [2 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH ~ You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw ~ Hard rock, psychedelic US $10.00 [0 bids]
You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw by Spooky Tooth(A&M...1973) VG+ LP US $5.00 Buy It Now 12h 8m
EX/EX- !! Mike Harrison/Self Titled/1971 Island LP/Spooky Tooth US $44.27 Buy It Now 12h 58m
Gary Wright Spooky Tooth Sealed Solo LP 1977 US $10.00 Buy It Now 14h 41m
SPOOKY TOOTH two UK ORIGINAL PINK ISLAND ILPS-9098 LP psych US $99.99 Buy It Now 14h 43m
SPOOKY TOOTH The Mirror  ISLAND die cut cover VG+ US $25.55 Buy It Now 15h 20m
SPOOKY TOOTH CASSETTE TAPE MIRROR MADE IN EEC1993 US $8.54 Buy It Now 18h 12m
SPOOKY TOOTH CEREMONY JAPAN AUTHENTIC SHM MINI LP CD NEW OOP UICY-93503 US $24.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH IT'S ALL ABOUT JAPAN AUTHENTIC SHM MINI LP CD NEW OOP UICY-93501 US $29.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH TWO JAPAN AUTHENTIC SHM MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT RARE UICY-93502 US $52.99 [2 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH WITNESS JAPAN AUTHENTIC SHM MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT UICY-93506 US $39.99 [1 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH YOU BROKE MY HEART JAPAN SHM MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT UICY-93505 US $55.99 [2 bids]
Island People m- various LP Spooky Tooth Wailers Bob Marley Traffic US $9.75 Buy It Now 20h 2m
SPOOKY TOOTH "You Broke My Heart So I busted Your Jaw" 1973 Blues Rock LP VG++ US $11.49 Buy It Now 20h 24m
SPOOKY TOOTH 'Sunshine Help Me' 45 UK US $10.00 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH 'That Was Only Yesterday / Oh Pretty Woman' 45 French US $20.00 [0 bids]
The V.I.Ps / SPOOKY TOOTH 'I Wanna Be Free' Mono French EP US $75.00 [0 bids]
Excellent 1974 Rock LP - SPOOKY TOOTH "The Mirror" ISLAND RECORDS w/ Insert US $1.65 [2 bids]
Spooky Tooth - Best of (2004) US $6.42 [0 bids]
Gary Wright & Spooky Tooth - That Was Only Yesterday - LP Record/Vinyl A&M Rec. US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth-All Sewn Up 7" German P/S 1973 US $12.86 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth - It's All About Lp UK Pink Island Import ILPS 9080 Hard Rock Psych US $64.99 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth:Witness LP/1973 Island US pink rim psych US $9.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH ~ ALL SEWN UP ~ GERMAN 7" ISLAND 13 062 AT US $5.63 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE HARRISON Rainbow Rider '75 Island SPOOKY TOOTH Area Code 615 in shrink M- US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth - CD 1973/2005 - Witness US $6.91 [9 bids]
GARY WRIGHT LOVE IS ALIVE MONO & STEREO DJ ISSUE 45 SINGLE SPOOKY TOOTH US $4.50 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH "WITNESS" RARE 1973 ISLAND RECORDS STEREO ALBUM SW-9337 US $20.00 [0 bids]
The Best of Spooky Tooth - Island Records - 1975 - LP US $24.99 [0 bids]
ART SUPERNATURAL FAIRY TALES RARE '67 german V.I.P.'s island LP spooky tooth NM! US $259.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Spooky Tooth - Last Puff 1970 Island, UK 70's blue rim Ed. LP US $19.99 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth ?- You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw Record LP Reissue SP4385 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GARY WRIGHT VINYL the right place LP 1981 SEALED RECORD spooky tooth NM US $29.99 [0 bids]
Gary Wright Light Smiles 12" LP 1977 Warner Brothers Spooky Tooth VG+/VG++ US $3.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH IT'S ALL ABOUT / FOX ORIGINAL GATEFOLD COVER US $149.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH W/ MIKE HARRISON - THE LAST PUFF - 1970 ORIG. EX. VINYL US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
GARY WRIGHT Extraction WHITE LABEL PROMO Spooky Tooth US $22.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth - Featuring Mike Harrison - The Last Puff - A&M SP 4266 US $6.00 [0 bids]
Pierre Henry/Spooky Tooth "Ceremony" UK Island 1st gate 1969: musique concrete! US $32.18 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw vinyl LP 1973 US $4.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth Witness LP Island SW-9337 1973 Vinyl US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GARY WRIGHT SPOOKY TOOTH "That Was Only Yesterday" US orig WLP PROMO 2LP set!! US $14.33 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH "Spooky Two" UK orig FIRST PRESSING pink ISLAND eye label LP!! US $49.33 [1 bids]
7"-Single SPOOKY TOOTH Two Time Love (1974) GERMANY PS / GARY WRIGHT / FOREIGNER US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH The Last Puff ISLAND RECORDS 1970 German pressing MIKE HARRISON US $36.95 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH "THE LAST PUFF" RARE A&M RECORDS STEREO RECORD ALBUM SP 4266 US $20.00 [0 bids]
? Gary Wright - Light of Smiles (W.B.) ex-Spooky Tooth US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
? Gary Wright - Who I Am (Cypress) (ex-Spooky Tooth) US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
? Gary Wright - Touch & Gone (ex-Spooky Tooth) (sealed) US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CEREMONY - SPOOKY TOOTH (Cassette) BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth - The Mirror - ORIGINAL 1974 Island Die-Cut LP -SEALED! US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth " Witness " NM- 1973 SW-9337 US $19.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Spooky Tooth, It's All About, Island ILPS-9080, 1st UK Press 1968, Pink NM/VG+ US $149.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH W/ GARY WRIGHT The Mirror LP 1974 1st US PRESS W DIE CUT COVER US $13.00 [0 bids]
Gary Wright~Original OZ LP Dream weaver NM 1975 Spooky Tooth Prog Rock US $13.09 Buy It Now 2 days
SPOOKY TOOTH - "THE MIRROR" (ISLAND RECORDS ILPS-9292) YEAR: 1974 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GARY WRIGHT SPOOKY TOOTH That Was Yesterday 2 LP A&M SP 3528 US 1973 SEALED M US $11.04 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH - THE WEIGHT / DO RIGHT PEOPLE- WIP-6046 7" VINYL RECORD G 38 US $14.47 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH, 60s BLUES PSYCHE ROCK LP, CEREMONY, A&M LABEL US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH "SPOOKY TWO" SP-4194 FIRST PRESSING (VERY NICE) LP RECORD US $5.00 [1 bids]
Spooky tooth-1986 magazine article US $8.03 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH It's All About+5 JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD SEALED US $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH-LOST BROADCASTS DVD NEW US $16.26 Buy It Now 3 days
L6-34 Vinyl Record Album 45 Island Promotional Copy Spooky Tooth Hell Or High... US $42.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth: Waitin' For The Wind / That Was Only Yesterday 45 US $9.99 [0 bids]
The last puff Spooky Tooth A&M Records SP4266 US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH "WITNESS" ALBUM ADVERT 1973 MIKE HARRISON GARY WRIGHT ETC US $20.85 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth Best of vinyl LP 1975 Island Records EX US $38.00 Buy It Now 3 days
RARE 1969 IMPORT NEAR MINT Traffic Nirvana Free Spooky Tooth Tull FREE US SHIP US $29.88 Buy It Now 3 days
AVANTGARDE ROCK/ Spooky Tooth - Ceremony (LP) US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth - Missing Teeth! / TendolarTDR-041 Import - Silver CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
WHO I AM - GARY WRIGHT LP CYPRESS YL0111 SPOOKY TOOTH US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth (I've Got Enough Heartaches) Feelin' Bad A&M 1110 Promo US $9.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Spooky Tooth feat Mike Harrison the last Puff 1970 A US $15.00 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw LP US $2.99 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH PIERRE HENRY ceremony JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD SEALED US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH: You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw LP (WLP, gatefold, punch US $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SPOOKY TOOTH You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw A&M SP-4385 NM PROMO Insert US $12.79 Buy It Now 3 days
WIDOWMAKER S/T NM United Artists LP Spooky Tooth Uriah Heep US $9.95 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH "CEREMONY" ALBUM ADVERT FROM 1969 MIKE HARRISON GARY WRIGHT ETC US $24.07 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH Feelin' Bad / I've Got Enough Heartaches WLP PROMO 45 DJ COPY NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
GARY WRIGHT ex SPOOKY TOOTH - The Right Place Lp - Warner - SEALED CUT OUT US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
GARY WRIGHT Headin' Home 8 track tape STILL SEALED Original Spooky Tooth US $4.88 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH Ceremony LP Vinyl VG+ Cover VG+ orig sleeve SP4225 US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH 7'' PS The Weight Italy SIR 20089 very rare 45 US $56.34 Buy It Now 4 days
JOHN CALE ROXY MUSIC ENO JETHRO TULL KING CRIMSON TRAFFIC FREE SPOOKY TOOTH VACD US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
GARY MOORE , SPOOKY TOOTH LP THAT WAS ONLY YESTERDAY US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Ceremony Spooky Tooth Record LP A&M Psych Rock VG++ White Label Promo W/Inner US $23.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Spooky Tooth with Pierre Henry/Ceremony (France/MANTRA Label/1st Press) US $25.99 [0 bids]
LP SPOOKY TOOTH "THE LAST PUFF" A&M SP 4266 White Label Promo US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
GARY WRIGHT, HEADIN' HOME /SPOOKY TOOTH/ LP 1979 US EX/VG+, INNER/SL US $6.83 Buy It Now 4 days
GARY WRIGHT, TOUCH AND GONE /SPOOKY TOOTH/ LP 1977 UK 1ST PRESS A1/B1 EX/VG G/F US $6.83 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH:SON OF YOUR FATHER/I'VE GOT ENOUGH HEARTACHE US $4.83 [0 bids]
SPOOKY TOOTH "You Broke My Heart, So I Busted Your Jaw" Records Album Vinyl LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
SPOOKY TOOTH "Spooky Two" SP-4194 A&M Records Album LP US $20.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Spooky Tooth:"You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw".1973 A&M Record. VG+ con. US $2.99 [0 bids]
Spooky Tooth - The Last Puff US $4.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy SPOOKY TOOTH music online Buy SPOOKY TOOTH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPOOKY TOOTH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPOOKY TOOTH The Mirror ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(5%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(57%)

SPOOKY TOOTH The Mirror reviews

Review by Guillermo
3 stars After their LP "Ceremony" was released, Gary Wright left the band. Mike Harrison, Mike Kellie and Luther Grosvenor recorded one more album called "The Last Puff" with some assistance from some musicians of Joe Cockerīs band in 1970, and also toured briefly that year before they split.

In 1973, Harrison, Wright and Kellie re-formed the band with guitarist Mick Jones (later the founder of Foreigner in 1976). After some changes in personnel and two albums, in 1974 the band recorded this album called "The Mirror" , now with Mike Patto, Bryson Graham and Val Burke in the line-up, and with Gary Wright as the only original member. As I read in one website dedicated to the band, it seems that Patto and Wright had some conflicts in the musical direction of the band, so after this album was released, Wright left the band and took the name of the band with him. So, the band was dissolved until in 1999 the band was reformed by Mike Harrison, Mike Kellie, Luther Grossvenor and Greg Ridley (but without Wright) and they recorded an album called "Cross Purposes" (which I have not listened to yet).

This "The Mirror" album is mostly influenced in sound by Gary Wright and it also has the predominant use of synthesisers. It also has a very good recording and mixing.It also has in sound more influences by the mid- seventies Hard Rock style, but it also has some progressive influences.

The best songs in this album are "Kyle" (a very good ballad), "Fantasy Satisfier" and "The Mirror". "The Hoofer", a song by Patto, is a bit different in style to the other songs.

The original LP cover was very good in design, having a die-cut cover on which an inner sleeve drawing could be seen. To see scans of the original LP cover visit www.collectable- records.ru/groups/spooky_tooth/mirror.htm

This album was re-issued several times with different covers and even under a different title ("Comic Violence" ).

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#410623) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 03, 2011

5 stars This is an essential piece of music for any true proggers collection. This is a meaty album with no fillers really. Fantasy Satisfier is a fantastic start to the album, nice progressions on many of their songs, and generally great compositions...no not generally, but everything is just so good! ... (read more)

Report this review (#410441) | Posted by dubovsky | Thursday, March 03, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SPOOKY TOOTH "The Mirror"