BLUE ROOM

Buy ABARAX Music
Studio Album, released in 2010

1. Cry Out For Me (2:24)
2. Autumn Storm (7:18)
3. Sermons And Lies (9:24)
4. Life (8:04)
5. As We Spoke (8:39)
6. Arena (5:19)
7. Red Roses And Bullets (6:07)
8. Howard's End (10:55)

- André Grasekamp / bass
- Howard Hanks / guitars
- Udo Grasekamp / keyboards

additional musicians:
- Karoline Peucker / backing vocals (5)
- Bernd Eenhuis / additional bass (5)

CD Cyclops Records CYCL174 (2010 UK)

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

ABARAX MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ABARAX Blue Room Music

Crying of the WhalesCrying of the Whales
Cyclops Records 2008

More places to buy ABARAX music online Buy ABARAX & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ABARAX DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ABARAX Blue Room ratings distribution

ABARAX Blue Room reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
3 stars Although not provided as a concept album on this occasion, ABARAX are fundamentally linking to their debut here as for the compositional aspect. Which means 'Blue Room' is surely not designed to be very experimental, so much the more you will listen to solid rock songs made of symphonic and psychedelic elements in the majority. All in all less floydy this time and a little more commercially coloured. The rocking component has evolved. So this album holds eight calculated songs offered by experienced musicians where Howard Hanks has a large share when it comes to the lyrics.

Due to the fact that they are situated nearby my hometown I had the chance to see them playing live for several times in the meanwhile. And I was always impressed by As We Spoke because of this special mellow atmosphere and groove, a very emotional song somehow. I'm not that good in interpreting lyrics but releatively sure this is a kind of love song. Luckily the track got a place on the album, an extraordinary methinks. Andre Blaeute's expressive voice perfectly fits here decorated with some echoes - charming, a catchy melody ... oddly ponderous drums, synth and guitar are harmonizing ... and watch out for the bass excursion in between to make it big really.

'Now we've sent you to hell, to where you belong' - Sermons & Lies sounds lovely but is an accusation as well, cryptic though who is meant. Udo Grasekamp offers fine varying synthesizer accents including string arrangements on Life, probably a leftover from early days. ABARAX are getting tough here, are contrasting due to some heavy rocking moments. Red Roses And Bullets on the other hand ventures out into mainstream territories a lot, where Howard's End is provided with a dramatic opening - first of all the vocal arrangements are something special.

This is certainly not the end of Howard ... in any case ... with intent or not, they remind me of Deep Purple's 'Child In Time' during some moments. A melodic finale for this album. Dennis Grasekamp's front guitar work is strong as usual. 'Blue Room' appears not that spectacular as for my summary ... just an effort featuring well made rock songs in order to witness some relaxed moments basically.

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#278070) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 15, 2010

4 stars I must begin with a caveat that I haven't heard ABARAX's previous (debut) album, so I didn't know what I was getting when I ordered this one. Undoubtedly, it was worth it! I am genuinely impressed with the BLUE ROOM, and I can't help but recommend it to all fans of progressive rock. Kicking off ... (read more)

Report this review (#286197) | Posted by DS | Saturday, June 12, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ABARAX "Blue Room"