SENZA ORARIO, SENZA BANDIERA

- Giorgio D'Adamo / bass, vocals
- Gianni Belleno / drums, vocals

CD-Warner-Fonit-3984 266112

and to Snow Dog for the last updates

NEW TROLLS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NEW TROLLS Senza Orario, Senza Bandiera Music

Senza Orario Senza BandieraSenza Orario Senza Bandiera
Import · Remastered
Disk Union Japan 2006
Senza Orario Senza Bandiera by New Trolls [Music CD]Senza Orario Senza Bandiera by New Trolls [Music CD]
Warner Italy
CD senza orario sneza bandiera ~ USD $20.06
LP senza orario, senza bandiera ~ USD $25.86
LP ut ~ USD $25.86
CD ut ~ USD $20.06

More places to buy NEW TROLLS music online Buy NEW TROLLS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NEW TROLLS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NEW TROLLS Senza Orario, Senza Bandiera ratings distribution

NEW TROLLS Senza Orario, Senza Bandiera reviews

Review by andrea
3 stars "Senza orario, senza bandiera" is a concept album that New Trolls released with the collaboration of Fabrizio De Andrè, Riccardo Mannerini and Giampiero Reverberi: the singer songwriter De Andrè and the poet Mannerini wrote the lyrics while Reverberi (later producer of Le Orme's "Collage", "Uomo di pezza", "Felona e Sorona" and "Contrappunti") arranged the music. Nevertheless this is not a progressive album and the music is more close to Procol Harum or early Bee Gees than to "Concerto Grosso" or "Ut". You can find here some remarkable harmony vocals (a kind of New Troll's trademark) and some interesting guitar parts but not particularly complex compositions.

The thread that bounds together the different songs is the idea of a poet that goes along the streets of the world surveying places and people looking for feelings and emotions. The poet describes the places and the characters he's seen in the tracks of the album. The opener "Ho veduto" introduces the "subject" of this peculiar concept with vocals floating upon a simple acoustic rhythm guitar pattern. "I've seen sun rise from Thule's ices / I've seen the golden tints of the mosques / The big waves of Gascony, the white sharks / The hovels, the houses of the rich people and I've cried."

Then follows a gallery of characters. A man whishing to buy a street full of lights, colours and playing children in New York's city centre ("Vorrei comprare una strada", with amazing harmony vocals). A man praying the Lord longing for a bicycle ("Signore, io sono Irish" Lord, my name is Irish). A woman loosing youth and beauty waiting in vain for love ("Susy Forrester"). A gambler loosing his money ("Al bar dell'angolo"). A fisherman's son with holes in his shoes sitting in a corner while in the sky above starships are exploring the universe ("Duemila"). Two marines talking about the war in the Philippines ("Ti ricordi Joe?" - Do you remember Joe?). A priest wishing to have just a little part of the money wasted in a long war to help poor people ("Padre O'Brien"). A romantic man too shy to say I love you ("Tom Flaherty").

The final track "Andrò ancora" is a reprise of "Ho veduto". "I'll keep on going along the streets of the world with sincere eyes / I'll look everywhere for the pain and the happiness of men / I'll count the bitter tears of suffering people, the smiles of the people waiting with begging arms / I'll keep on going without timetable, without flag / I'll lean towards ill people and fountains, towards children's faces / I'll walk among rubbish and money without stopping / I'll keep on going and when I'm back I'll be older and better."

In the whole "Senza orario, senza bandiera" is a good album that contains some seeds of the future masterpieces of the band, though it's perhaps too short (just less than 30 minutes). Anyway, in my opinion it's not an essential one for a progressive rock collection.

Send comments to andrea (BETA) | Report this review (#78726) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 19, 2006

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Moderator / Psych Team
3 stars In this album, there's full of greatness of early New Trolls.

Listening to the first track Ho veduto, with the gloomy and lazy voice, I couldn't stop feeling that it might be an avantgarde Italian pop album. But, little by little, their potential goes and rises up. Featuring a bit cheap chorus (sorry!), the old NT flavour opens and enlarges. The A-side (aka the first half) of the album has no or little atmosphere with our imagination of NT on the progressive period. The important point of this work is, I consider, the 8th track Padre o'Brien because the song does have the flavour and wave of progressive NT. The incomplete story goes calmly to the last Andrò ancora.

We maybe feel to get some of future brightness from early NT.

With much and great hope, I can give appreciation to this.

Send comments to DamoXt7942 (BETA) | Report this review (#194941) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars Debut album from this legendary Italian band. Released ages ago, before prog was prog? Some sort of a dinosaur album.

Most songs are under the three minutes mark and needless to say, there is hardly any musical development. Only a couple of fine melodies with crafted vocals.

One has to be indulgent with this album but still, "Procol Harum" released one of their best album the same year ("Shine on Brightly"). We are far from such a feeling while listening to "Senza Orario, Senza Bandiera".

One of the good songs is the passionate "Signore, Io Sono Irish". Some good old psyche feel sustaining a melancholic vocal part. Even if this song doesn't sound very fresh, one has to remember that it was released more than forty years ago.

The late pop sixties impression is al around this release. Some weak trumpets and rather dull orchestrations are spread out here: "Al Bar Dell' Angolo" and "Duemila" just get this appreciation confirmed.

This album is only to be considered for what it stands for. A discreet debut (remember the first "Genesis" blunder) for better things to come. Two stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#247537) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 31, 2009

Post a review of NEW TROLLS "Senza Orario, Senza Bandiera"