TALES OF THE DIVERS - LIVE

Buy OSIRIS Music
Live, released in 2010

1. Set The Sails (5:58)
2. The Deep (2:25)
3. Salute, The Sea, My Enemy And My Friend (1:30)
4. It Is Always Hard To Say Goodbye (6:48)
5. The Lull Before The Storm (1:59)
6. The Storm (1:46)
7. The Quiet Horizon (3:40)
8. We Wait (4:47)
9. Homeward Bound Once Again (5:40)
10. Waves (2:36)

Khalid Al Mutawa (whom the album is dedicated to) - Bass
Haward Tierra - Keyboards

Label: Musea
Release date: May 4, 2010

Thanks to progshine for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

OSIRIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy OSIRIS Tales Of The Divers - Live Music

Myths And LegendsMyths And Legends
Musea 1984
OsirisOsiris
Musea Records France 2001
OSIRIS Futurity And Human Depressions LP TEST PRESSIING WHITE LABEL SHARK 027 US $30.00 Buy It Now 10h
78rpm 12" OSCAR NATZKA within these temple walls / o isis & osiris MAGIC FLUTE US $50.19 Buy It Now 12h 27m
OSIRIS - Warsaw Concerto - 7" Single US $15.04 Buy It Now 12h 45m
BORN OF OSIRIS MOSAIC 48"X16" WALL POSTER Ronnie Canizaro US $16.71 Buy It Now 14h 41m
Rameau,J. - Naissance D'Osiris/Abaris Ou L (CD New) US $5.61 Buy It Now 15h 20m
Osiris-Project Feat.Hanna?-Never Let You Go Rare Italo 12" SEXY PICTURE DISC LP US $60.00 Buy It Now 15h 59m
Rameau: La Naissance d'Osiris; Abaris ou les Boréades (Suites for Orchestra)... US $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 57m
Osiris Trio - Schonberg/weigl: Verklarte Nac NEW CD US $18.40 Buy It Now 17h 41m
Osiris Trio - 25th Anniversary Box NEW CD US $38.46 Buy It Now 19h 38m
Higher Place - Born Of Osiris (2011, Vinyl New) US $14.40 Buy It Now 20h 20m
BORN OF OSIRIS - HIGHER PLACE NEW VINYL US $23.48 Buy It Now 21h 13m
Northern Soul 45 MAJOR LANCE You're Everything I Need OSIRIS Records 001 US $15.99 Buy It Now 22h
A Higher Place Born of Osiris Vinyl LP US $14.92 Buy It Now 23h 42m
Schonberg & Karl Weigl: Verklarte Nacht-Works For - Osiris Trio (2014, CD New) US $10.61 Buy It Now 1 day
BORN OF OSIRIS:Birdwing:T-shirt:NEW:SMALL ONLY US $28.06 Buy It Now 1 day
BORN OF OSIRIS:Faces Of Death:T-shirt:NEW:MEDIUM ONLY US $28.06 Buy It Now 1 day
Osiris Feat Kyra - Deep In The Night Audioplast #311688 US $8.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Osiris - Oneness With The Universe - Audioplast #202317 US $8.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Osiris Trio - Schonberg & Karl Weigl: Verklarte Nacht-Works For [CD New] US $16.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Born Of Osiris - Higher Place [Vinyl New] US $14.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Verklarte Nacht: Works For Piano Trio Schonberg / Osiris Trio CD US $18.98 Buy It Now 1 day
BORN OF OSIRIS: Higher, Veil of Maya, The Faceless, Emmure, Asking Alexandria US $6.66 [0 bids]
PARALYSIS "Wonderland"ORG CD on Defrosting records 96,Vulture,Osiris,Messina US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAJOR LANCE 45 You're Everything I Need OSIRIS 1975 Soul VG++ Excellent #B847 US $13.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Born Of Osiris - Higher Place Vinyl Record LP US $17.92 Buy It Now 2 days
Freeze & LX One / SP:MC Youngsta - Foreseen 12" Osiris Music OSMUK011 NEW INTER US $128.82 Buy It Now 2 days
Kryptic Minds - Wasteland / Hybrid 12" Osiris Music UK OSMUK009 DUBSTEP INTER US $128.82 Buy It Now 2 days
Kryptic Minds & Killawatt - No Fear Of Future - Clear Vinyl - Osiris Music UK US $11.69 Buy It Now 2 days
Alghazanth / Osiris - Typhon Unmasked JAPAN+1 Funeris Nocturnum OOP!!!!!! *G US $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Tomorrow We Die Alive Born of Osiris Vinyl LP US $21.98 Buy It Now 3 days
ZAO-OSIRIS-JAPAN MINI LP CD 0512 Gi50 US $42.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Infiltrata & Hochi - Osiris / Street Science 12" US $10.46 Buy It Now 3 days
Pure Velvet Hooked On Your Love Osiris Orig USA Modern soul 45 US $26.99 [0 bids]
ALGHAZANTH - OSIRIS-TYPHON UNMASKED - NEW CD - OOP!!! RARE US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
1975 UNPLAYED WLP PROMO 45 OSIRIS Warshaw Concerto BIG TREE US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Soul Promo 45 OSIRIS I'll Be Gone on Sire (Promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
A Higher Place Born of Osiris CD US $8.15 Buy It Now 3 days
Born Of Osiris A Higher Place LP USA 894587001754 Sumerian Records new US $9.98 [0 bids]
Born Of Osiris The Discovery LP USA 894587001761 Sumerian Records new US $19.98 [0 bids]
Born Of Osiris The New Reign LP USA 894587001747 Sumerian Records new US $12.48 [0 bids]
Osiris - Since Before Our Time - LP ('79 BSK 3311) US $10.22 Buy It Now 5 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive - SEALED U.S. cd - RARE! US $12.47 Buy It Now 5 days
NEW Tba - Born Of Osiris US $10.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Born of Osiris The New Reign CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
PHASE II-THE FIRST SHOT-OSIRIS-70´S-HEAR US $6.68 [0 bids]
Osiris: Gritt On It / The Tower 45 - Funk US $3.75 Buy It Now 5 days
THIRD MOVEMENT#125 T-Junction & Osiris ?- Livin' The Hard Life 12" US $7.48 Buy It Now 6 days
MOZART, WOLFGANG AMA - O ISIS UND OSIRIS: ENSEMBLE 11 PLAYS MOZART - NEW CD US $16.01 Buy It Now 6 days
OSIRIS GRITT ON IT TOM DOG SOUL FUNK 45 US $0.50 [0 bids]
BORN OF OSIRIS - TOMORROW WE DIE ALIVE NEW CD US $17.41 Buy It Now 6 days
OSIRIS "LOVE IS WHERE WE FIND IT" RARE CD SINGLE STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN US $8.01 Buy It Now 6 days
ENTROPY "Become a god"ORG cd Gorgon 94,Osiris,Patriarch US $59.99 Buy It Now 6 days
New* Survival - Dawning - Osiris Music LISTEN US $8.35 Buy It Now 6 days
Plight - Winds of osiris - CD [NEW] US $9.44 Buy It Now 7 days
Osiris Trio - Melodies Of Love & Death-Opera Senza Parole [CD New] US $12.63 Buy It Now 7 days
The Plight Winds Of Osiris CD Rock Music Album Brand New US $16.71 Buy It Now 7 days
Tomorrow We Die Alive - Born Of Osiris (2013, CD New) US $7.79 Buy It Now 7 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive [CD New] US $11.03 Buy It Now 7 days
OSIRIS SINCE BEFORE OUR TIME LP NEW SEALED SS OOP SOUL FUNK R&B DISCO DANCE US $10.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Tomorrow We Die Alive Born of Osiris CD US $9.47 Buy It Now 7 days
BORN OF OSIRIS:Black Magic:T-shirt:NEW:MEDIUM ONLY US $28.06 Buy It Now 8 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - Album Art -T-shirt NEW - SMALL ONLY US $28.06 Buy It Now 8 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - Album Art -T-shirt NEW - MEDIUM ONLY US $28.06 Buy It Now 8 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - Album Art -T-shirt NEW - LARGE ONLY US $28.06 Buy It Now 8 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - Album Art -T-shirt NEW - XLARGE ONLY US $28.06 Buy It Now 8 days
SCHONBERG / OSIRIS TRIO - VERKLARTE NACHT: WORKS FOR PIANO TRIO NEW CD US $23.91 Buy It Now 8 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive CD US $15.12 Buy It Now 8 days
OSIRIS TRIO - SCHONBERG/WEIGL: VERKLARTE NAC - CC72614 US $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - TOMORROW WE DIE ALIVE (MAGENTA) (VINYL) (COLOURED) NEW VINYL US $32.91 Buy It Now 8 days
Pop Promo 45 OSIRIS I'll Be Gone on Sire (Promo) US $5.00 Buy It Now 8 days
OSIRIS RODRIGUEZ CASTILLOS RECORD, CANCIONES US $5.00 Buy It Now 8 days
ORIGINAL NORTHERN 70'S MAJOR LANCE YOU'RE EVERYTHING I NEED OSIRIS US $21.73 Buy It Now 8 days
OSIRIS "GRITT ON IT" / "THE TOWER" 12" DISCO R & B SOUL FUNK 1980 US $9.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Osiris-Vision from the Past Bahrain prog cd US $18.99 Buy It Now 8 days
FORM"I CHOOSE MY OWN"ORG cd Mausoleum 95,Deafen,Mystrez,Paralysis,Osiris,Vulture US $34.99 Buy It Now 9 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - NEW REIGN NEW CD US $14.71 Buy It Now 9 days
The New Reign Born of Osiris CD US $7.28 Buy It Now 9 days
OSIRIS Since Before Our Time LP WB BSK 3311 VG+ US $8.07 Buy It Now 9 days
ITALO BANDA OSIRIS FUMO EN EL AGUA ( SMOKE ON THE WATE US $35.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Born Of Osiris - New Reign [CD New] US $9.53 Buy It Now 9 days
PARALYSIS"Visions"ORG CD on Defrosting records 94,Vulture,Osiris,Messina US $39.99 Buy It Now 9 days
OSIRIS - FUTURITY AND HUMAN DEPRESSIONS CD 1991 SHARK RECORDS 027 METAL RULES US $23.74 Buy It Now 9 days
Funk Soul Promo 45 Osiris - Consistency mono/stereo Warner Bros. WBS 8758 EX US $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Osiris Trio / Melodies Of Love CD US $15.79 Buy It Now 10 days
Born Of Osiris - New Reign CD US $12.33 Buy It Now 10 days
Rameau: Naissance d'Osiris - Ste. Abaris ou les Boréades - Ste. US $17.07 Buy It Now 10 days
Born Of Osiris - A Higher Place (Music CD) US $22.22 Buy It Now 10 days
Born Of Osiris - Discovery The (Music CD) US $22.25 Buy It Now 10 days
Plight (The) - Winds Of Osiris (Music CD) US $22.22 Buy It Now 10 days
Born Of Osiris - The New Reign (Music CD) US $26.37 Buy It Now 10 days
(DW96) The Plight, The Winds Of Osiris - 2009 DJ CD US $10.21 Buy It Now 10 days
NEW - Folk Music by Osiris Trio US $17.49 Buy It Now 10 days
BORN OF OSIRIS:Faces Of Death:T-shirt:NEW:LARGE ONLY US $28.06 Buy It Now 11 days
Meshuggah / Contradictions Collapse CD JPN Death cryptopsy Nile Born of osiris US $44.99 Buy It Now 11 days
OSIRIS consistency 7" Mint- WARNER BROS WBS 8758 Vinyl 1978 Record US $19.50 Buy It Now 11 days
SLEEPER Simulation Theory 12" NEW VINYL Osiris Killawatt Ipman Kryptic Minds US $25.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Born of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive (Music CD) US $27.82 Buy It Now 11 days
Pure Velvet - Hooked On Your Love - Osiris DEMO US $83.65 Buy It Now 11 days
Major Lance - I've Got A Right/YOU KEEP ME COMING TO YOU - Osiris DEMO US $66.92 Buy It Now 11 days
MAJOR LANCE - I've Got A Right To Cry - OSIRIS - 7" Northern Soul US $50.00 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy OSIRIS music online Buy OSIRIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for OSIRIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

OSIRIS Tales Of The Divers - Live ratings distribution

OSIRIS Tales Of The Divers - Live reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars When I heard that Bahrain´s neo prog act Osiris was releasing a live album I thought it would be a new recording consisting of recent shows or something like it, but that´s not the case with Tales Of The Divers - Live. When I contact the band through mail Osiris newest recruit kindly wrote me explaining that this CD is actually a live recording of a group´s performance in the 80´s (he wasn´t sure exactly when) and it compromised of only original material that never made it to the studio albums. The record is dedicated to their former bassist Khalid Al Mutawa who passed away recently.

When I put the CD on I was surprised how well produced it sounded considering of course its age and the fact that their home country is not really one you readly think of progressive rock. The music inside is quite close to their last studio offering, Visions From The Past: very good neo prog with a strong Camel influence mixed with some tradtitional eastern music, rhythms and even some arab chant here and there. The main feature is Mohammed Al-Sadeqi´s beautiful guitar lines, much in the vein of Andrew Latimer and Steve Rothery. Like those guys, Al-Sadeqi plays with his heart making his guitar sound like it is singing. Instead of a million notes per minute he is more interested in playing something emotional, beautiful and meaningful.

The band´s two keyboard men line up is another highlight: never overwhelming they come in and out with an esquisite tapestry of sounds that are simply perfect for their style. Nothing overtly complicated, but gorgeous in its simplicity and beauty. The album is mostly instrumental, but when the vocals come in they are also very emotional and fitting. The singer does not have a great voice nor technique, but somehow he makes up for that delivering his message with passion and conviction. There are no fillers, all the songs are connected one with the other making Tales of The Divers sound like a long suite divided in several different parts.

Although adequate, the production is not perfect (you hardly hear the audience at all for exemple) and together with the short the record´s short running time, those are the only flaws I found in the entire CD. Well, maybe 42 minutes of music is enough for some, but actually when I heard the CD it sounded like it was finished in a much shorter period, leaving me longing for more. Well, I heard their next studio work will be out soon and maybe they´ll come up with another strong set of songs as well to satisfy their growing base of fans..

If you´re into neo prog (specially fans of Camel styled neo) this is a must have. Also recommended to anyone who likes melodic progressive music of high quality. Rating: four strong stars. A nice surprise from the past and I´m glad they decided to release it. Another winner from Osiris.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#284443) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
3 stars After a 2 decade absence, Bahrain's OSIRIS seems to be a going concern again. Not only that, they are showing more flashes of their Arabian roots than we heard during an impressive 3 album run in the 80s. "Tales of the Divers - Live" is actually a concert recording from that decade but it consists of material that never saw a studio release. We were treated to a small portion courtesy of the "Beyond Control-Live" album but here are the tales ostensibly in their entirety.

This is OSIRIS' "Snow Goose" if you will, a story told mostly in music, with only a couple of vocal tracks. However Snow Goose, was based on a well known story and could be appreciated with or without an imaginary film to act as soundtrack. "Tales of the Divers" seems to be a soundtrack in search of a film. As with such recordings, many tracks seem unfinished, and do not feel completed by what follows, because "scenes" change as abruptly as the music, and we are missing the scenes. Traditional instrumentation and chanting here and there color the proceedings but don't always link well to the modern sounds.

Whining aside, a fair number of these tracks can be plucked out of their context and sound significant, at times in a heartwarming way. One of the best is "The Deep" - MIKE OLDFIELD and ELOY fans take note. We can hear both the former's "Tubular Bells" influence and the latter's exemplary synth work on "Planets". "It's Hard to Say Goodbye" , "We Wait" , and "Hommeward Bound Once Again" are keyboard dominated pieces with strong melodies and enough fluid guitar soloing and accompaniment by Mohammed Al-Sadeqi to keep most symphonic and neo fans happy.

If you plan to dive into the waters of Bahraini progressive rock, know that their are some pearls on this release, although I still recommend their self titled debut, "Myths and Legends" and "Beyond Control" as introductions to this eminently likeable and listenable group.

Send comments to kenethlevine (BETA) | Report this review (#288065) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 24, 2010

Review by Windhawk
3 stars 25 years after it was recorded, fans of Osiris can finally get to experience this concept album.

Recorded when the band were at the height of their popularity, it is an effort that features all the facets this band's stylistic expression served up in a nice package, a sound that most easily can be described as Camel. Lush symphonic textures, mostly bass driven energetic passages with richer multilayered synths and elongated guitar riffs and a slight seasoning of Arabian inspired elements. The latter the main element separating this band from the aforementioned UK band. Some themes does bear a closer resemblance to Eloy in style, but by and large this is a band exploring the same musical universe as Andrew Latimer & company. Osiris do so in style though, and I would think most followers of Camel should find this disc to be of interest as well.

All in all a good but not strikingly innovative production, but with a unique concept explored in a mostly instrumental manner.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#291751) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 24, 2010

4 stars Osiris evolved around teh efforts of Al-Sadeqi brothers, a dedicated guitarist and drummer. though they started early in the seventies, they did not manage to produce an album till early 80s. the brothers were exposed to different tastes of music since their childhood and they both mastered th ... (read more)

Report this review (#878364) | Posted by Iraqi Prog Rocker | Wednesday, December 19, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This live album has been stored on some tapes for twenty five years before it was released. The result is a satisfying album. Osiris is pretty much living and performing in the same street as Genesis/Marillion and Camel. Maybe I should now crack a joke about the camels on the Arabian peninsu ... (read more)

Report this review (#297410) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Saturday, September 04, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of OSIRIS "Tales Of The Divers - Live"