TALES OF THE DIVERS - LIVE

Buy OSIRIS Music
Live, released in 2010

1. Set The Sails (5:58)
2. The Deep (2:25)
3. Salute, The Sea, My Enemy And My Friend (1:30)
4. It Is Always Hard To Say Goodbye (6:48)
5. The Lull Before The Storm (1:59)
6. The Storm (1:46)
7. The Quiet Horizon (3:40)
8. We Wait (4:47)
9. Homeward Bound Once Again (5:40)
10. Waves (2:36)

Khalid Al Mutawa (whom the album is dedicated to) - Bass
Haward Tierra - Keyboards

Label: Musea
Release date: May 4, 2010

Thanks to progshine for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

OSIRIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy OSIRIS Tales Of The Divers - Live Music

Tales Of The Divers - LiveTales Of The Divers - Live
Musea 1985
Visions From The PastVisions From The Past
Musea 2007
Best of OsirisBest of Osiris
CD Baby 2008
OSIRIS WAR ON THE BULLSH*T 12" MINT US $16.56 Buy It Now 6h 24m
BORN OF OSIRIS Tomorrow We Die Alive (4 Bonus Track) CD Korea New US $13.99 Buy It Now 9h 59m
Osiris Since Before Our Time Warner Brothers LP 3311 US $13.50 Buy It Now 13h 45m
BORN OF OSIRIS - THE DISCOVERY [894587001518] - NEW CD US $8.03 Buy It Now 16h 4m
The Discovery by Born of Osiris (CD, Mar-2011, Sumerian Records) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Osiris - Perfect Timing - 13 Track CD (B26A) US $8.27 Buy It Now 18h 29m
ALGHAZANTH - OSIRIS-TYPHON UNMASKED - NEW CD - OOP!!! RARE US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
OSIRIS - Tom Dog 0003 - Gritt on It - 1980 FUNK 45 VG++ US $10.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive [Vinyl New] US $25.86 Buy It Now 1 day
The New Reign [PA] by Born of Osiris (CD, Oct-2007, Sumerian Records) US $3.99 [1 bids]
A Higher Place by Born of Osiris (CD, 2009, Sumerian Records) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive Midnight Blue Vinyl Colv LP Vinyl Record US $0.99 [0 bids]
Born Of Osiris A HIGHER PLACE LP USA 894587001754 Sumerian Records new US $24.97 [0 bids]
RAIN PEOPLE FEAT. MARCUS BEGG Trippin' On Love OSIRIS 12" LISTEN US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
A Higher Place by Born of Osiris (CD, 2009, Sumerian Records) US $9.99 [0 bids]
BIOME The Cromos Ep 12" NEW VINYL Tempa Black Box Osiris Macabre Unit J:Kenzo US $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Osiris "Warshaw Concerto" Big Tree 16049 (1975) Funky Dance Promo HEAR! US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Discovery by Born of Osiris (CD, Mar-2011, Sumerian Records) US $9.99 [0 bids]
DEAD TO FALL CD EVERYTHING I TOUCH BLEEDING THROUGH WINDS PLAGUE BORN OSIRIS US $5.00 [0 bids]
OSIRIS TRIO - MELODIES OF LOVE AND DEATH - CC72373 US $22.57 Buy It Now 2 days
RAMEAU, JEAN-PHILIPP - RAMEAU: LA NAISSANCE D'OSIRIS; ABARIS OU LES - NEW CD US $7.85 Buy It Now 2 days
PLIGHT - WINDS OF OSIRIS - TORMENT141 US $15.97 Buy It Now 2 days
The Osiris Club - Blazing World (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $28.17 Buy It Now 2 days
Zao-Osiris French jazz prog Japanese mini lp US $32.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Osiris 'Since Before Our Time' Original Press US $15.99 [0 bids]
Dvorak/Osiris Trio - Osiris Trio 25th Anniversary Box [CD New] US $46.29 Buy It Now 2 days
The Discovery by Born of Osiris (CD, Mar-2011, Sumerian Records) US $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
A Higher Place by Born of Osiris (CD, 2009, Sumerian Records) US $7.49 Buy It Now 2 days
BORN OF OSIRIS 'A Higher Place' 13 song hardcore cd 2009 US $3.95 [0 bids]
Tomorrow We Die Alive * by Born of Osiris (CD, Aug-2013, Sumerian Records) US $7.03 Buy It Now 2 days
OSIRIS Fun / Slippin RARE TEST PRESSING US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
OSIRIS RODRIGUEZ CASTILLOS canta y recita sus obras ( world music ) US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Osiris Gritt On It VINYL The Tower US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CD Osiris - Futurity And Human.. RARE THRASH SHARK 1991 US $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BANDA OSIRIS-PRIMO AMORE CD NEW US $19.28 Buy It Now 3 days
Osiris East to west 12" RHYSYN014 VG/EX UK US $17.31 Buy It Now 3 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive (2013) - Used - Compact Disc US $5.19 Buy It Now 3 days
OSIRIS GRITT ON IT TOM DOG SOUL FUNK 45 US $0.50 [0 bids]
Pop Promo 45 OSIRIS I'll Be Gone on Sire (Promo) US $0.99 [0 bids]
OSIRIS - Get The Bitch Earthquaking - 12" US $16.23 Buy It Now 3 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - DISCOVERY NEW CD US $17.41 Buy It Now 4 days
THE OSIRIS CLUB - BLAZING WORLD, ORG 2014 EU vinyl LP, NEW - SEALED! US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
OSIRIS JAPAN PRIVATE PROG IN THE MIST OF TIME US $99.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Born Of Osiris - Discovery [CD New] US $11.94 Buy It Now 4 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - THE DISCOVERY [894587001495] - NEW CD US $8.96 Buy It Now 4 days
MUSH RECORDS RADIO SAMPLER VOL.1-PROMO CD-BOOM BIP+DJ OSIRIS-LULU MUSHI-J.CRU+ US $3.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Lord Vicar - Signs Of Osiris [CD New] US $26.53 Buy It Now 4 days
Osiris Fantality/I'll Never Let You Go 45 Marlin #3340 E- Condition US $19.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Osiris Trio - BEETHOVEN, NOVAK & SHOSTAKOVICH (CD 1993) US $28.89 Buy It Now 4 days
LORD VICAR - SIGNS OF OSIRIS NEW CD US $30.44 Buy It Now 4 days
Nickodemus & Osiris - Free Souls - 12" Vinyl US $5.00 [0 bids]
Nickodemus & Osiris - Why Can't We Live Together? - 12" Vinyl US $5.00 [0 bids]
Nickodemus & Osiris - Mariposa - 12" Vinyl US $5.00 [0 bids]
Major Lance Osiris 001 You're Everything I Need US $13.50 Buy It Now 4 days
OSIRIS Reflections CD Orig. edition w/ Bonus Track. Bahrain Symph. Prog Rock US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
OSIRIS Myths & Legends CD Orig. edition w/ Bonus Track. Bahrain Symph. Prog Rock US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CHILDREN OF MAANI Veil of Osiris ORG MCD LTD Blut Aus Nord Vlad Tepes Torgeist US $24.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Osiris The Rebirth - Lost [CD New] US $10.98 Buy It Now 4 days
OSIRIS - The Discovery by Born, CD Sumerian Records 2011 Brand NEW Sealed US $9.00 Buy It Now 5 days
OSIRIS - GRITT ON IT - TOMDOG (BOOGIE FUNK - LISTEN)(45 RPM) US $5.50 Buy It Now 5 days
OSIRIS - FUTURITY AND HUMAN DEPRESSIONS - Clear Vinyl LP - SHARK 1991 - US $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
CHILDREN OF MAANI - The Veil Of Osiris US $5.99 [0 bids]
Nickodemus & Osiris feat Mino Cinelu "Free Souls" 12" Thievery Corporation OOP US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Osiris - Lessons Don't Come Easy CD 1994 US $49.00 Buy It Now 6 days
BANDA OSIRIS VOLUME 1 2 3 4.... COPIA OMAGGIO ITALY LP US $24.99 [0 bids]
Osiris - Since Before Our Time - LP ('79 BSK 3311) US $10.22 Buy It Now 6 days
Tomorrow We Die Alive, Born of Osiris, New US $11.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Born Of Osiris / Tomorrow We Die Alive (+ 4 Bonus Tracks) CD NEW SEALED US $18.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Born Of Osiris - The Discovery NEW CD US $14.56 Buy It Now 7 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive NEW CD US $16.17 Buy It Now 7 days
OSIRIS consistency 7" b/w almost (k17351) uk warner bros 1978 US $8.27 Buy It Now 7 days
OSIRIS warsaw concerto 7" b/w wallstreet (k10658) uk atlantic 1975 US $8.27 Buy It Now 7 days
HIGHER PLACE BY BORN OF OSIRIS (CD) US $17.60 Buy It Now 7 days
Schonberg Osiris Trio - Verklarte Nacht: Works For Piano Trio CD US $19.69 Buy It Now 8 days
BORN OF OSIRIS-HIGHER PLACE CD NEW US $13.50 Buy It Now 8 days
BORN OF OSIRIS-DISCOVERY CD NEW US $14.07 Buy It Now 8 days
Ipman ?- Persistent Dread / Signal Motion - Osiris Music UK - OSMUK032 12" Vinyl US $13.25 Buy It Now 8 days
Born Of Osiris - Discovery (2011) - New - Long Play Record US $12.55 Buy It Now 8 days
ZAO-OSIRIS-JAPAN MINI LP CD 0512 Gi50 US $38.50 Buy It Now 8 days
OSIRIS Gritt On It b/w The Tower 12" Dance Single Funk EXCELLENT US $3.99 [0 bids]
Osiris Banda - Qualunquemente Ost [CD New] US $19.27 Buy It Now 8 days
Tomorrow We Die Alive * by Born of Osiris (Vinyl, Aug-2013, Sumerian Records) US $22.92 Buy It Now 8 days
OSIRIS - SINCE - BEFORE - OUR V- TIME - WB RECORDS BSK 331 - "SEALED" US $35.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Born Of Osiris - New Reign (2007) - New - Compact Disc US $7.30 Buy It Now 8 days
NM 12"~OSIRIS~War On The Bullshit!~[Original 1982 JEM ROSE Issue]~REGGAE~ US $13.90 Buy It Now 8 days
BORN OF OSIRIS CD - TOMORROW WE DIE ALIVE (2013) - NEW UNOPENED - ROCK METAL US $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Born Of Osiris - Higher Place (2009) - New - Compact Disc US $7.30 Buy It Now 8 days
FATBACK "GIRLS ON MY MIND / OSIRIS" 45 US $3.50 Buy It Now 8 days
1979 OSIRIS O-Zone MARLIN WHITE PROMO RARE FUNK SOUL LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
?n15805 12 - NICKODEMUS & OSIRIS feat. CAROL C FROM si*se / MARIPOSA - BREAK US $4.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive Midnight Blue Vinyl Colv LP Vinyl Record US $28.36 Buy It Now 9 days
BORN OF OSIRIS - Tomorrow We Die Alive +4 Bonus Tracks CD NEW $2.99 S/H US $17.98 Buy It Now 9 days
Higher Place - Born Of Osiris US $9.45 Buy It Now 9 days
The Discovery by Born of Osiris (CD, Mar-2011, Sumerian Records) US $8.11 Buy It Now 9 days
OSIRIS rare Dance/Disco Soul 45 CONSISTENCY/ALMOST (Never gets there) US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
OSIRIS: Consistency / Almost (soul vinyl 45) US $35.00 Buy It Now 9 days
SALVATION "From where"ORG cd Gorgon 94,Sieges even,Osiris,Vauxdvihl US $39.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die Alive (2013) - New - Compact Disc US $9.57 Buy It Now 10 days
Born Of Osiris - Discovery (2011) - New - Compact Disc US $9.57 Buy It Now 10 days
Discovery - Of Osiris Born New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $17.93 Buy It Now 10 days

More places to buy OSIRIS music online Buy OSIRIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for OSIRIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

OSIRIS Tales Of The Divers - Live ratings distribution

OSIRIS Tales Of The Divers - Live reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
4 stars When I heard that Bahrain´s neo prog act Osiris was releasing a live album I thought it would be a new recording consisting of recent shows or something like it, but that´s not the case with Tales Of The Divers - Live. When I contact the band through mail Osiris newest recruit kindly wrote me explaining that this CD is actually a live recording of a group´s performance in the 80´s (he wasn´t sure exactly when) and it compromised of only original material that never made it to the studio albums. The record is dedicated to their former bassist Khalid Al Mutawa who passed away recently.

When I put the CD on I was surprised how well produced it sounded considering of course its age and the fact that their home country is not really one you readly think of progressive rock. The music inside is quite close to their last studio offering, Visions From The Past: very good neo prog with a strong Camel influence mixed with some tradtitional eastern music, rhythms and even some arab chant here and there. The main feature is Mohammed Al-Sadeqi´s beautiful guitar lines, much in the vein of Andrew Latimer and Steve Rothery. Like those guys, Al-Sadeqi plays with his heart making his guitar sound like it is singing. Instead of a million notes per minute he is more interested in playing something emotional, beautiful and meaningful.

The band´s two keyboard men line up is another highlight: never overwhelming they come in and out with an esquisite tapestry of sounds that are simply perfect for their style. Nothing overtly complicated, but gorgeous in its simplicity and beauty. The album is mostly instrumental, but when the vocals come in they are also very emotional and fitting. The singer does not have a great voice nor technique, but somehow he makes up for that delivering his message with passion and conviction. There are no fillers, all the songs are connected one with the other making Tales of The Divers sound like a long suite divided in several different parts.

Although adequate, the production is not perfect (you hardly hear the audience at all for exemple) and together with the short the record´s short running time, those are the only flaws I found in the entire CD. Well, maybe 42 minutes of music is enough for some, but actually when I heard the CD it sounded like it was finished in a much shorter period, leaving me longing for more. Well, I heard their next studio work will be out soon and maybe they´ll come up with another strong set of songs as well to satisfy their growing base of fans..

If you´re into neo prog (specially fans of Camel styled neo) this is a must have. Also recommended to anyone who likes melodic progressive music of high quality. Rating: four strong stars. A nice surprise from the past and I´m glad they decided to release it. Another winner from Osiris.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#284443) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
3 stars After a 2 decade absence, Bahrain's OSIRIS seems to be a going concern again. Not only that, they are showing more flashes of their Arabian roots than we heard during an impressive 3 album run in the 80s. "Tales of the Divers - Live" is actually a concert recording from that decade but it consists of material that never saw a studio release. We were treated to a small portion courtesy of the "Beyond Control-Live" album but here are the tales ostensibly in their entirety.

This is OSIRIS' "Snow Goose" if you will, a story told mostly in music, with only a couple of vocal tracks. However Snow Goose, was based on a well known story and could be appreciated with or without an imaginary film to act as soundtrack. "Tales of the Divers" seems to be a soundtrack in search of a film. As with such recordings, many tracks seem unfinished, and do not feel completed by what follows, because "scenes" change as abruptly as the music, and we are missing the scenes. Traditional instrumentation and chanting here and there color the proceedings but don't always link well to the modern sounds.

Whining aside, a fair number of these tracks can be plucked out of their context and sound significant, at times in a heartwarming way. One of the best is "The Deep" - MIKE OLDFIELD and ELOY fans take note. We can hear both the former's "Tubular Bells" influence and the latter's exemplary synth work on "Planets". "It's Hard to Say Goodbye" , "We Wait" , and "Hommeward Bound Once Again" are keyboard dominated pieces with strong melodies and enough fluid guitar soloing and accompaniment by Mohammed Al-Sadeqi to keep most symphonic and neo fans happy.

If you plan to dive into the waters of Bahraini progressive rock, know that their are some pearls on this release, although I still recommend their self titled debut, "Myths and Legends" and "Beyond Control" as introductions to this eminently likeable and listenable group.

Send comments to kenethlevine (BETA) | Report this review (#288065) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 24, 2010

Review by Windhawk
3 stars 25 years after it was recorded, fans of Osiris can finally get to experience this concept album.

Recorded when the band were at the height of their popularity, it is an effort that features all the facets this band's stylistic expression served up in a nice package, a sound that most easily can be described as Camel. Lush symphonic textures, mostly bass driven energetic passages with richer multilayered synths and elongated guitar riffs and a slight seasoning of Arabian inspired elements. The latter the main element separating this band from the aforementioned UK band. Some themes does bear a closer resemblance to Eloy in style, but by and large this is a band exploring the same musical universe as Andrew Latimer & company. Osiris do so in style though, and I would think most followers of Camel should find this disc to be of interest as well.

All in all a good but not strikingly innovative production, but with a unique concept explored in a mostly instrumental manner.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#291751) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, July 24, 2010

4 stars Osiris evolved around teh efforts of Al-Sadeqi brothers, a dedicated guitarist and drummer. though they started early in the seventies, they did not manage to produce an album till early 80s. the brothers were exposed to different tastes of music since their childhood and they both mastered th ... (read more)

Report this review (#878364) | Posted by Iraqi Prog Rocker | Wednesday, December 19, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This live album has been stored on some tapes for twenty five years before it was released. The result is a satisfying album. Osiris is pretty much living and performing in the same street as Genesis/Marillion and Camel. Maybe I should now crack a joke about the camels on the Arabian peninsu ... (read more)

Report this review (#297410) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Saturday, September 04, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of OSIRIS "Tales Of The Divers - Live"