IF. . . SOUNDS

If / Ifsounds If. . . Sounds album cover

Buy IF / IFSOUNDS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2010

CD1

Don Quixote (previously unreleased)
Close your eyes

It's just me
Oceans of Time

Search IF / IFSOUNDS If. . . Sounds lyrics

Search IF / IFSOUNDS If. . . Sounds tabs

Release date 1. June 2010.
Free double cd through their mailing list. To get this double cd, add your name to their mailing list and Ifsounds will email you the download link and password.
Alternative if that does not work, email them at iftheband@gmail.com

Thanks to toroddfuglesteg for the addition
and to andyman1125 for the last updates

IF / IFSOUNDS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF / IFSOUNDS If. . . Sounds Music

More places to buy IF / IFSOUNDS music online Buy IF / IFSOUNDS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IF / IFSOUNDS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IF / IFSOUNDS If. . . Sounds ratings distribution

IF / IFSOUNDS If. . . Sounds reviews

Review by memowakeman
3 stars It once was "If", now, they are "Ifsounds"

Ifsounds are an Italian band that was formed in the 90s, though their first album was released in 2004. Their name was If, but after releasing four studio albums and realizing that there were other bands with the same name, they felt the urge of changing their name. So in 2009 the name Ifsounds appeared and has given the band its own identity, I mean, besides the musical fact, the change in their name was something intended in order to create the only ifsounds "label" and sound.

This free compilation released in June of this 2010, is like the moment of true change of both names, actually if you look at the title "If?Sounds" it is like leaving in the past all that they once were and start a new era. All the songs here belong of course to the If era, though the first track entitled "Don Quixote" was the only new composition, however, I believe the decision of choosing this track as the first one, was intended in order to open the gates to the new band's name and era.

If?Sounds is a two-CD compilation album that features probably their most representative songs, different compositions that show their eclecticism and use of diverse styles. Songs taken from four different albums where one can appreciate their progression as a band, and actually I can say that it is noticeable the direction of some songs from their first album, from songs of their latest one. The first CD contains tracks like "Loser", "Background Noise", "Naked" and "Morpho Nestira Part 2", according to the booklet, they say that this last song is maybe their most progressive, I fully agree, and actually I could say it is my favorite.

The second CD features also songs from their four albums: "In the Cave"; "If"; The Stairway"; and "Morpho Nestira". My favorite songs here are "Like a Bird", "Oceans of Time" and "Thirsty", though the most of the songs are pretty good here. This absolutely free compilation album is worth downloading and listening, the only thing you have to do is to go to their website, become a member and download it, of course, if you are interested.

I have had a good time listening to this young band, and now I am eagerly waiting for their upcoming production "Apeirophobia", an album that for sure I will get and review. My best wishes for Ifsounds and the start of this new era. My final grade for this pretty nice compilation will be three stars.

Enjoy it!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#297446) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 04, 2010

2 stars This CD is free to download. That encouraged me to listen and, certainly, confirmed my suspicions. If a band changes its name should not think anything good. Presumably, in a compilation appears the best of each of the previous works. Certainly do not think that any work for "Morpho Nestira" mi ... (read more)

Report this review (#374586) | Posted by David Saez | Thursday, January 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars if...sounds is a nice free compilation from the Italian band if. The band decided to give out for free to their fans their best songs from their first 4 albums. Maybe some of the songs have not the same strength out of their original concepts, but you can find there a lot of excellent songs, eve ... (read more)

Report this review (#358446) | Posted by frankiehendrix | Monday, December 20, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars A free compilation album directly from the band and easily one of the five best free downloads of the year. I am not a fan of compilation albums because only full albums gives a good account of a band at that moment. Ifsounds compilation album is another good reason. The material is too va ... (read more)

Report this review (#292861) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Saturday, July 31, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF / IFSOUNDS "If. . . Sounds"