UNDER THE PINK

Trent Reznor Vocals
Jimbo Ross Viola
Eric Rosse Producer, Engineer
Nancy Roth Violin
John Philip Shenale Strings, Organ (Hammond)
Nancy Stein-Ross Cello
Francine Walsh Violin
John Wittenberg Violin

CD Atlantic 82567
LP Atlantic 82567

TORI AMOS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TORI AMOS Under The Pink Music

Unrepentant Geraldines (Deluxe Edition)Unrepentant Geraldines (Deluxe Edition)
Mercury Classics 2014
Atlantic 1998
Gold DustGold Dust
CD+DVD · Deluxe Edition
Deutsche Grammophon 2012
Tales of a Librarian: A Tori Amos Collection (Bonus DVD)Tales of a Librarian: A Tori Amos Collection (Bonus DVD)
Atlantic 2003
Caught a Lite Sneeze/That's What I Like Mick [Single] [Slimline] by Tori Amos... US $0.59 [0 bids]
31m 56s
Tori Amos - Crucify CD-single US maxi US $3.00 Buy It Now 38m 26s
TORI AMOS Sampler CD 1998 PROMO From the CHOIRGIRL HOTEL 4 Song Promotional Tour US $14.99 Buy It Now 46m 19s
To Venus and Back by Tori Amos (CD, Sep-1999, 2 Discs, Atlantic) US $5.00 [0 bids]
48m 3s
TORI AMOS CD 1998 PROMO Gold Stamped From the CHOIRGIRL HOTEL Promotional RARE US $14.99 Buy It Now 50m 32s
Launch #19 CD Rom-1998-Tori Amos, Semisonic, Page & Plant, Sean Lennon-Sealed US $9.99 [0 bids]
51m 32s
Tori Amos *GUITAR TABS *Lesson Software CD -18 Songs US $6.95 Buy It Now 55m 35s
TORI AMOS CD 1996 PROMO Gold Stamped BOYS FOR PELE Promotional RARE US $49.99 Buy It Now 56m 19s
Roadkill 2.15 - Armand Van Helden, X-Press 2, Prodigy, Tori Amos, Jars Of Clay US $11.00 [0 bids]
1h
A Piano: The Collection [Box] by Tori Amos (CD, Sep-2006, 5 Discs, Rhino (Label) US $55.00 [5 bids]
TORI AMOS Interview Sessions, In Conversation, CD Photo Book Bio bundle US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Tori Amos, Crucify Audio CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Toys Music from OST Enya Tori Amos Thomas Dolby + Rare Cassette Tape - TESTED US $16.95 Buy It Now 1h 58m
TORI AMOS**UNDER THE PINK**CD US $6.50 Buy It Now 2h 12m
2 Tori Amos SEALED 12" US $45.00 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Tori Amos Crucify CD Compact Disc US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Tori Amos Little Earthquakes CD Compact Disc US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Tori Amos Under The Pink CD Compact Disc US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Boys for Pele by Tori Amos (CD, Jan-1996, Atlantic (Label)) US $5.25 Buy It Now 2h 29m
From the Choirgirl Hotel by Tori Amos (CD, May-1998, Atlantic (Label)) US $5.25 Buy It Now 2h 29m
TORI AMOS:Raspberry Swirl(Sticky Ext. Instrumental)9:34-(Sticky Ext.Vocal)U.K.DJ US $48.98 Buy It Now 2h 33m
The Tales of a Librarian: A Tori Amos Collection (Bonus DVD) US $7.69 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Abnormally Attracted to Sin by Tori Amos (CD, May-2009, Universal Republic) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Hey Jupiter [EP] by Tori Amos (CD, Aug-1996, Atlantic) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Tori Amos - Hammersmith Apollo, London, U.K. 6 4 05 (CD, 2 Disc, 2005) US $40.00 [0 bids]
Tori Amos - Manchester Apollo, Manchester, UK 6 5 05 (CD, 2 Disc, 2005) US $40.00 [0 bids]
Tori Amos - B Of A Pavilon MA 8 21 05 (CD, 2 Disc, 2005) US $40.00 [0 bids]
Tori Amos - Paramount Theatre Denver CO 4 19 05 (CD, 2 Disc, 2005) US $40.00 [0 bids]
Tori Amos "Cornflake Girl" Import CD RARE Limited Edition US $15.00 [0 bids]
TORI AMOS - TO VENUS AND BACK - 2 CDS-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Toys Soundtrack CD movie music Hans Zimmer Trevor Horn Tori Amos Thomas Dolby US $9.19 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Scarlet's Walk [Limited] by Tori Amos (CD, Oct-2002, Sony Music Distribution... US $11.99 [0 bids]
Scarlet's Walk Tori Amos CD 9/11 concept album A Sorta Fairytale Taxi Ride NEW! US $4.59 Buy It Now 3h 42m
TORI AMOS - GOD RARE 4 TRACK AUSTRALIA CD SINGLE IN CARD SLEEVE 7567856872 US $5.85 Buy It Now 3h 57m
TORI AMOS UNREPENTANT GERALDINES 180G X2 VINYL GERMAN IMPORT W/DIGITAL DOWNLOAD! US $36.99 Buy It Now 3h 59m
CRANBERRIES 4 CD Lot ALTERNATIVE ROCK Garbage DIDO U2 Enya GUANO APES Tori Amos US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h
Tori Amos Scarlet Stories CD commentary RARE US $15.00 [0 bids]
Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos CD Rock Popular Alternative Crucify Girl Winter US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 11m
Tori Amos, Tori Amos, Tori Amos, Strange Little Girls Audio CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 39m
Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
TORI AMOS UNDER THE PINK CD Merry Clayton, Trent Reznor, Jr. George Porter US $2.99 Buy It Now 5h 18m
TORI AMOS STRANGE LITTLE GIRLS (CD 2001 ) US $5.00 Buy It Now 5h 19m
Midwinter Graces [Digipak] by Tori Amos (CD, Nov-2009, 2 Discs, Universal... US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 50m
Scarlet's Walk by Tori Amos (CD, Oct-2002, Epic (USA)) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Strange Little Girls by Tori Amos (Cassette, Sep-2001, Atlantic) NEW US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 7m
Under the Pink by Tori Amos (CD, Jan-1994, Atlantic (Label)) US $4.25 Buy It Now 6h 35m
Little Earthquakes, Tori Amos, Excellent US $1.00 Buy It Now 6h 42m
GO GIRL CD erasure cardigans tori amos nuyorican soul thelma houston lisa stansf US $39.99 Buy It Now 6h 45m
TORI AMOS - JACKIE'S STRENGTH RARE USA ATLANTIC 2 TRACK PROMO CD W/ POP EDIT US $9.75 Buy It Now 7h 32m
TORI AMOS STRANGE LITTLE GIRLS RARE 2001 USA 3 TRK PROMO SAMPLER CD PRCD 300630 US $9.75 Buy It Now 7h 32m
TORI AMOS Little Earthquakes 1991 CD 90s Rock US $9.32 Buy It Now 7h 41m
Tori Amos, Under the Pink Audio CD US $4.79 Buy It Now 9h 4m
tori amos - crucify usa cd single US $12.99 Buy It Now 9h 26m
Tori Amos - The Beekeeper (2005) CD US $13.71 Buy It Now 9h 43m
LOT of 28 CDs by *FEMALE SINGERS, GROUP 1* Tori Amos, Fiona Apple, Enya, Dido... US $45.00 Buy It Now 9h 44m
TORI AMOS - Hey jupiter 4 TRK CD single US $4.90 Buy It Now 10h 47m
Tori Amos cd From the Choirgirl Hotel US $6.00 Buy It Now 11h 6m
The Beekeeper by Tori Amos (CD, Feb-2005, Epic (USA)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Tori Amos - Tales Of A Librarian: A Tori Amos Collection - CD (Atlantic E.U.) US $14.07 Buy It Now 12h 11m
Hey Jupiter EP [EP] Tori Amos CD Used Excellent Fast Shipping US $1.33 Buy It Now 12h 26m
Tori Amos Gold Dust JAPAN MADE SHM CD NEW 16 TRACKS US $38.99 Buy It Now 12h 44m
Tori Amos: Little Earthquakes (CD) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Tori Amos Under The Pink 1996 Baroque Pop Alternative Rock Music CD Brand New US $10.15 Buy It Now 13h 5m
TORI AMOS Big Wheel RARE Australian Radio Promo Only CD US $15.91 Buy It Now 13h 16m
Tori Amos - Jackie's Strength 5 Track CD Single Incl 2 Videos US $8.40 Buy It Now 13h 20m
Tori Amos - Spark 3 Track CD Single US $4.65 Buy It Now 13h 23m
MONA LISA SMILE CD SEAL, ELTON JOHN, TORI AMOS, CHRIS ISAAK US $2.99 Buy It Now 13h 29m
ALU -INFOMERCIAL GASMASK tori amos sarah mclachlan PAULA COLE rare! US $1.62 Buy It Now 13h 41m
Tori Amos -tribute - Songs Of A Goddess (2001) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 13h 42m
Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos- CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
Tori Amos - China - Rare German issue 4 Track CD in slim line jewel case US $25.40 Buy It Now 13h 50m
Tori Amos - Caught A Lite Sneeze - Deleted UK 4 Track CD1 US $8.46 Buy It Now 13h 50m
Tori Amos - Crucify - Scarce 1992 USA 5 track CD US $13.54 Buy It Now 13h 50m
Tori Amos - Silent All These Years - Scarce 1992 UK 4trk reissue CD US $16.93 Buy It Now 13h 50m
Tori Amos - Past The Mission - Rare UK Limited Edition 2CD set US $33.87 Buy It Now 13h 50m
Professional Widow [US] [Maxi Single] by Tori Amos CD Mint Fast Shipping~ US $1.03 Buy It Now 14h 29m
Tori Amos - Boys for Pele - (CD) - Like New Condition US $3.00 [0 bids]
15h
TORI AMOS - From The Choirgirl Hotel - EU CD Album *NEW* US $7.46 [0 bids]
Tori Amos To Venus & Back Double Cd US $11.99 Buy It Now 15h 52m
Tori Amos Earthquakes CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 16h 10m
Boys for Pele by Tori Amos (CD, Jan-1996, Atlantic (Label)) US $4.99 Buy It Now 16h 20m
TORI AMOS Silent All These Years CD Single 1997 Atlantic Records Album US $3.99 Buy It Now 16h 26m
Tori Amos Crucify *MINT* UK 7" EastWest 1992 EX/NM US $11.84 Buy It Now 16h 37m
TORI AMOS CORNFLAKE GIRL US CD SINGLE US $13.54 Buy It Now 16h 45m
TORI AMOS CORNFLAKE GIRL UK CD SINGLE 1 US $10.15 Buy It Now 16h 45m
TORI AMOS CHINA UK CD SINGLE US $42.35 Buy It Now 16h 45m
TORI AMOS 1000 OCEANS US CD SINGLE 1 US $8.46 Buy It Now 16h 46m
Tales of a Librarian: A Tori Amos Collection  Minty DVD & CD  Free Ship US $7.50 Buy It Now 16h 52m
TORI AMOS 1000 Oceans / Baker Baker (nonalbum track) 45 US $4.99 Buy It Now 17h
Winter [#1] [Maxi Single] [Digipak] by Tori Amos (CD, Nov-1992, Atlantic (Label) US $5.99 Buy It Now 17h 17m
TORI AMOS UNDER THE PINK CD ALTERNATIVE/INDIE ROCK US $5.95 Buy It Now 17h 18m
TORI AMOS -CRUCIFY+ TALES OF A LIBRARIAN+ STRANGE LITTLE GIRLS----3 CD'S+ DVD US $7.99 Buy It Now 17h 20m
New T Shirt TORI AMOS TOUR 2014 TOR002 White Tee Shirt S M L XL 2XL US $15.00 Buy It Now 17h 23m
Tori Amos : From the Choirgirl Hotel CD (1998) US $3.25 Buy It Now 17h 45m

More places to buy TORI AMOS music online Buy TORI AMOS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TORI AMOS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TORI AMOS Under The Pink ratings distribution

TORI AMOS Under The Pink reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
2 stars I understand the comparisons between Tori Amos and Kate Bush. There is a distinct similarity between their vocal and songwriting styles. At least there was on Amos' first few albums (I haven't heard anything she's done since this album). But somehow too many of her songs just don't grab me. In my record store, I called her "Tori Almost".

A few songs on this album are interesting. God is not bad, in a Peter Gabriel sort of way. And the The Waitress sounds very much like a minor Kate Bush work, especially in the vocal affectations. Cornflake Girl sounds almost like Chrissie Hynde singing over a Bush arrangement. But most of the songs are just too light and uninteresting to hold my attention.

All in all, this is not a terrible album. And my copy is an LP on pink vinyl. 2.5 stars.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#295538) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 20, 2010

Review by Finnforest
2 stars Sophomore slump - the only weak 90s title

After the great success of her stunning debut album and the subsequent touring, Tori came back to the States with her dreams realized. Not only would there be a second album, but Tori already had fans so ravenous they nearly wouldn't let her off the stage after a show. She had crushed the naysayers at Peabody and the executives who laughed at her in Los Angeles. She was having the last laugh and she would be laughing for years. But for whatever reason, "Under the Pink" was a brief stumble. Tori must have read some bad reviews as she chose to defend it, saying she didn't want to repeat the "diary" of the first album. She claimed that "Earthquakes" was a diary while "Pink" was a painting requiring patient listening. She said "Earthquakes" was naked so for "Pink" she put on some clothes. But the problem with "Under the Pink" was not the lack of the first album's intimate diary confessions, the problem is that the music was uninspiring and was for the only time in the 90s one could charge....boring. It was a slump in my opinion but one that would not last long-at all.

Tori had returned to the States and wanted to record without any distractions, so she built a studio with Eric Rosse in Taos, New Mexico. Out in the middle of nowhere was the base of operation for Pink. The album sported three tracks which received wide radio play here in the Midwest, "God," "Past the Mission," and "Cornflake Girl." "God" found her taunting the creator for not the last time with the playful line "do you need a woman to look after you?" The very pop/rock track was stock and repetitive and like "Past the Mission" quickly became old with the repeated listening on radio. "Mission" was notable for including some rather toned-down but effective backing vocals by Trent Reznor. "Cornflake" fared better with a much livelier vocal and interesting structure. The other big winner in this set was the ode to masturbation "Icicle." The piano playing is simply beyond words here: intuitive, graceful, and so emotional. Fantastic song. But the rest of the tracks for the most part do not connect in any meaningful way. Most of it feels like very second-rate Tori to me. Sometimes I find the rhythm sections just plodding and completely standard rock, other times Tori's vocals lack the power/passion we're used to, and the rest of the time the compositions let her down. There were some lovely string arrangements introduced for the 10-minute closer "Yes, Anastasia," but still it's more notable for its length than anything particularly exciting.

While some critics agree with me, Tori's fans (and I count myself as one) did not share my assessment. Pink was a great success for Tori. TV appearances followed and the Pink "dinner parties" (as she calls her live shows) were sold out as rock's most devoted fans ate her alive. Cindy Palmano again handled Tori's photography and art direction to fantastic results. Her presentation of Amos is just wonderful.

As the tour was winding down, new "children" were beginning to creep into Tori's consciousness. What was around the corner was the wildest Tori yet and would continue the promise of the first album. For me, "Under the Pink" would simply become that "one I don't play much anymore." I can't recommend the album beyond her fan base even though it has a few decent tracks. Not horrible, just her "least good" of the 90s albums.

Send comments to Finnforest (BETA) | Report this review (#296215) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Review by Slartibartfast
4 stars I almost never became interested in the music of Tori Amos. God, off this album got excessive airplay on the local alternative radio station and MTV. I found it annoying at the time. A girlfriend came into my life in 1994 who was a big fan Tori's music. She is long gone from my life, but the music of Tori still remains. It really was a pretty good year though. This album really brings me back to that time.

Like Little Earthquakes, this album really shows what a skilled keyboard player she is. Add in a somewhat quirky vocal style, clever lyrics, good looks (yeah, I know, I'm being a little sexist), and what you get is as powerhouse of a musical artist.

In addition to her wonderful keyboard playing you get really interesting lyrical lines:

Reminiscent: "Maybe a bright sunny beach is gonna bring you back" - Pretty Good Year

Inquisitive: "Will you tell her if you decide to make the sky fall will you even tell her if you decide to make the sky" - God

Ominous: "can't stop coming can't stop what is on its way" - Bells For Her

Knowledge: " I don't believe I went too far I said I was willing she said that she knew what books did not I thought she knew what's up" - Past the Mission

On time: "time thought I'd make friends with time thought we'd be flying maybe not this time" - Baker Baker

For musicians: "I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band" - The Wrong Band (Hmm, might be referring to Y Kant Tori Read.)

On working a crap job: "So I want to kill this waitress She's worked here a year longer than I If I did it fast you know that's an act of kindness" - The Waitress

Alice In Wonderland? "Rabbit where'd you put the keys girl" - Cornflake Girl

Religion and sex: "Getting Off Getting Off while they're all downstairs singing prayers sing away he's in my pumpkin p.j's" - Icicle

WTF?: "leave me with your Borneo leave me the way I was before" - Cloud on my Tongue

Invitation: "Come along now little darlin' come along now with me come along now little darlin' we'll see how brave you are"

An excellent mix of intense yet often mellow music.

So are you brave enough to come along?

Send comments to Slartibartfast (BETA) | Report this review (#297358) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, September 04, 2010

Review by jampa17
3 stars Another intense journey, just a Little more "pink".

Tori Amos is an impressive piano player, a wonderful singer and a very talented songwriter. After her first album LITTLE EARTHQUAKES, I think it could be tough to reach that level of songwriting, maintaining the oddities but keep it "commercial" and mainstream. Well, with this album, she proved she is not an average composer and the album is really back to back with the previous one, but it's not just more of the same.

Well, for start I have to say, if you already heard LITTLE EARTHQUAKES and liked it, it's very probable that you will like UNDER THE PINK. The formula is almost the same: piano driven songs with a lot of different textures and styles, reaching some happiness, sadness, some more dark elements but the common feeling is intensity, no matter which emotion she is projecting. Both, vocals and piano are the focus of the album and I do say it's impressive to hear her wonderful voice in a way of interpretation that I haven't heard in any other singer in all my life. Her voice sometimes is warm, sometimes sarcastic but overall sexy, and I can't describe it well.

She uses similar arrangements to LE: orchestra ensembles, standard rock band, many choruses on the back or maybe just her piano. The result is great and I'm convinced that any music lover could come in and enjoy this music, no matter the tastes. Of course, the sound of the music is not heavy, and particularly in this album Amos shows herself way much more soft than in other releases, but the intensity is there and the music has enough strength to keep you entertain.

All in all, I don't feel that this album could reach the status of a masterpiece in PA, but it's a good album that I think many would enjoy if they leave the controversy aside and just let the music speaks by itself. I think CORNFLAKE GIRL and GOD are the shinning songs in this album, but I will let the audience choose. There's a lot of music to dive in. 3 stars is fair. Not as good as LITTLE EARTHQUAKES, but pretty much OK...

Send comments to jampa17 (BETA) | Report this review (#326828) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 20, 2010

Review by J-Man
4 stars Following up a debut as impressive as Little Earthquakes is no easy feat, but Tori Amos managed to do so quite successfully with the release of 1994's Under the Pink. In addition to selling quite well, particularly in the UK and US, Tori delighted the listener with twelve more excellent art rock tunes in the same style as her 1992 debut. The music here is quirky, intelligent, sassy, and often times downright beautiful - Tori's lyricism and songwriting are clearly both at the top of their game on Under the Pink. Fans of her instantly recognizable vocals and unique brand of pop/rock are bound to love Under the Pink, and even though it is often overshadowed by some of her other efforts, this is a stellar album from beginning to end.

The music is more or less the same brand of melancholic pop/rock and mildly experimental art rock that characterized Tori's debut, and the focus is still largely on beautiful piano ballads, though there are also songs like "God", "Past the Mission", "The Waitress", "Cornflake Girl", and "Space Dog" to add plenty of variation into the mix. Though I'm not entirely convinced by "The Wrong Band" and "The Waitress", the rest of the album is absolutely top-notch. Tori's vocals are beautiful as usual, and the gentle arrangements suit the reflective songwriting perfectly. Songs like "Pretty Good Year", "Past the Mission", "Cornflake Girl", "Icicle", "Space Dog", and the nine-minute progressive epic "Yes, Anastasia" stand out as some of Amos' finest work in her entire catalog. The arrangements are among her most thoughtful, and the broken upright piano used for the recording of "Bells for Her" just shows the creativity of her not only as a performer, but also as a composer. This rather small detail changes the general mood of the song and helps further authenticate its rather cryptic lyrics and beautiful vocals.

As expected from an album of this caliber, the production and musicianship are both top-notch, with Tori's piano playing and lovely vocals often taking the cake. Though her singing style is an acquired taste, she's one of my favorite vocalists and her performances on Under the Pink are, like most other aspects of the album, nothing short of flawless. This is an ideal follow-up to Little Earthquakes, and while it doesn't do much to differentiate itself from its predecessor, this is still another great effort from Tori Amos. Under the Pink is an easy recommendation to anyone who enjoys her music, and 4 stars are very fair in this case. While I'd consider it a slight step down from her debut, I still have a great time every time I listen to this marvelous observation.

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#602584) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 03, 2012

2 stars Not one of my favorite Tori Amos works, but it is one in which the comparisons to Kate Bush stand out more than on other, later works. Highlights are "God", "Past the Mission", "Baker Baker", "Space Dog", and "The Waitress". This last number has some great screaming ala Kate Bush and must have ... (read more)

Report this review (#296262) | Posted by mohaveman | Thursday, August 26, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of TORI AMOS "Under The Pink"