THE BEST...

Genesis

Genesis The Best... album cover

Buy GENESIS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1976

1. The Musical Box (10:24)
2. For Absent Friends (1:44)
3. The Return Of The Giant Hogweed (8:10)
4. Seven Stones (5:10)
5. Harold The Barrel (2:55)
6. Harlequin (2:52)
7. The Fountain Of Salmacis (7:54)

1. Watcher Of The Skies (7:19)
2. Time Table (4:40)
3. Get 'Em Out By Friday (8:35)
4. Can-Utility And The Coastliners (5:43)
5. Horizons (1:38)
6. Supper's Ready (22:58)
i. Lover's Leap
ii. The Guaranteed Eternal Sanctuary Man
iii. Ikhnaton and Itsacon and Their Band of Merry Men
iv. How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
v. Willow Farm
vi. Apocalypse in 9/8 (featuring the delicious talents of Gabble Ratchet)
vii. As Sure as Eggs is Eggs (Aching Men's Feet)

Search GENESIS The Best... lyrics

Search GENESIS The Best... tabs

- Tony Banks / organ, mellotron, piano, electric piano, acoustic 12 string guitar, backing vocals
- Phil Collins / drums, percussion, backing vocals
- Peter Gabriel / lead vocals, flute, tambourine, bass drum, oboe
- Steve Hackett / electric guitar, acoustic 12 string guitar, acoustic 6 string guitar
- Mike Rutherford / bass guitar, bass pedals, acoustic 12 string guitar, cello, backing vocals

Buddah BDS 5659-2 (2 LP Set)
1976 by Buddah Records, Inc.
These LP's were previously released as Charisma CAS 1052 "Nursury Cryme" and CAS 1058 "Foxtrot".

Thanks to friso for the addition
and to Guillermo for the last updates

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS The Best... Music

Turn It On Again: The Best Of '81 -'83Turn It On Again: The Best Of '81 -'83
Vertigo
the best... LPthe best... LP
BUDDAH
Vinyl$60.00 (used)
LIVE BEST ALBUM (tba)LIVE BEST ALBUM (tba)
INDIE (JAPAN)
Genesis ?- The Best... Genesis - LP2 - '76 - BDS 5659 2 USD $4.89 [0 bids]
USD $6.39 Buy It Now
Turn It On Again - Best Of '81 - '83 1991 VERTIGO Genesis CD USD $8.89 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS TURN IT ON AGAIN BEST OF CD MADE IN BRAZIL 1st PRES 1991 WITHOUT BARCODE USD $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Vinyl LP Genesis The Best Buddah BDS 5659-2 Two LP Set USD $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
GENESIS - THREE SIDES LIVE - (2) DOUBLE STEREO LP - PHIL COLLINS AT HIS BEST!! USD $2.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS - R-KIVE (3 CD BEST OF) 3 CD NEW+ USD $25.68 Buy It Now 4 days
GENESIS-THE BEST...GENESIS 1976 BUDDAH RECORDS GATEFOLD 2 LP'S BDS 5659 VG++ USD $11.99 Buy It Now 4 days
LRX:Lot 2 CD sealed INDUSTRIAL OOP Best ov Psychic Tv Ex LP Genesis P Orridge USD $66.38 Buy It Now 5 days
Genesis The Best... 1976 Buddah Records Vinyl - Near Mint USD $19.99 [0 bids]
DRIVING ROCK BALLADS The Best of 70s 80s 90s (3-CD Set) Queen/Genesis/Pink Floyd USD $10.15 Buy It Now 5 days
GENESIS TURN IT ON AGAIN BEST OF LP BRAZIL 1st PRESS 1992 FOLLOW YOU ABACAB MAMA USD $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEST ROCK ALBUM IN THE WORLD EVER 2CD (Queen,Genesis,Yes,Deep Purple etc) USD $4.44 [0 bids]
GENESIS - TURN IT ON AGAIN-THE HITS CD 18 TRACKS INTERNATIONAL POP BEST OF NEW+ USD $23.01 Buy It Now 8 days
THE VERY BEST OF PETER GABRIEL ULTRA RARE CLAMSHELL CASSETTE TAPE! GENESIS USD $14.52 Buy It Now 9 days
Taiwan Digipak 3-CD Set w/OBI NEW! Genesis 2014 R-Kive Best of Hits Phil Collins USD $25.99 Buy It Now 10 days
GENESIS - Turn It On Again (The Hits) - 2CD Album *Tour Edition**Best Of**2 CDs* USD $9.63 Buy It Now 11 days
GENESIS-TURN IT ON AGAIN-BEST OF '81-'83-1991-GERMANY-VERTIGO 848 854-2-CD-MINT- USD $24.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Genesis The Best US Only 2 LP Gatefold Top Copy Buddah Records BDS 5659-2 Prog USD $9.99 Buy It Now 12 days
GENESIS - "Rock Theatre" (Best Of) LP 1973 EARLY GERMAN - IN SHRINK Fontana USD $19.88 Buy It Now 13 days
Rare QUEEN Publishing CD CULTURE CLUB Genesis ABBA Depeche Mode Promo EMI best USD $39.99 Buy It Now 14 days
The Best of Genesis Double Record Lp USD $5.99 Buy It Now 17 days
PHIL COLLINS-NO WAY OUT-FYC-OSCAR-BEST SONG-BROTHER BEAR-PROMO CD-GENESIS-MINT! USD $7.99 Buy It Now 17 days
GENESIS "Turn It on Again: The Hits" (CD, 2007 Atlantic) Best of Collection USD $9.95 Buy It Now 18 days
GENESIS Mama Best of 81-83 FRENCH ONLY SP PICTURE SLEEVE USD $44.54 Buy It Now 18 days
Genesis Turn it on Again Best of '81-'83 CD Vertigo 1991 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 18 days
Fish - Yang 1980-1995 The Best Of Greatest Hits Ex Marillion Genesis Pendragon USD $9.66 Buy It Now 19 days
Vintage Genesis "Best of Genesis" Buddah BDS 5659 1976 - 2 LP set USD $19.99 Buy It Now 19 days
GENESIS "Turn It on Again: The Hits" (CD, 2007 Atlantic) Best of Collection USD $7.50 Buy It Now 19 days
PETER GABRIEL Plays Live 2-CD (Uk Fatbox) The Best of in Concert/GENESIS related USD $10.38 Buy It Now 19 days
The Best Peter Gabriel Genesis 2-Lps BUDDAH BDS-5659 FREE US SHIPPING USD $19.98 Buy It Now 20 days
Best Of The King Biscuit Flower Hour 4 LP Set Queen Supertramp Who Genesis USD $25.99 Buy It Now 20 days
GENESIS / PHIL COLLINS - THE VERY BEST OF - GREATEST HITS COLLECTION CD NEW USD $17.80 Buy It Now 21 days
40 Genesis (6 of the Best) colour concert photos Milton Keynes 1982 USD $10.38 Buy It Now 21 days
The Best Peter Gabriel Genesis 2 LP BUDDAH '76 orig gatefold prog USD $32.00 Buy It Now 21 days
THE BEST OF GENESIS BUDDAH 1976 (BDS 5659) USA VINYLS ARE NM/EX++ USD $9.00 Buy It Now 22 days
Genesis LP Collection - 10 Albums, 12 records, the best vintage Genesis USD $79.00 Buy It Now 22 days
Phil Collins CD ...Hits ..GREATEST ..THE BEST OF.. GENESIS USD $4.99 Buy It Now 24 days
BEST OF THE BEST, Tape GENESIS, QUEEN, RUSH, THE KINKS USD $7.00 Buy It Now 24 days
Phil Collins - Love Songs.Best ..Old + New,) Hits 2CD Genesis CD`S Also Listed USD $5.92 Buy It Now 25 days
RAY WILSON The Next Best Thing CD AOR / Melodic Rock Stiltskin Genesis BRAND NEW USD $7.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Genesis "Best Of Genesis" USD $12.99 Buy It Now 26 days
GENESIS BEST BAND IN THE WORLD "SECONDS OUT" A2 DOUBLE PAGE USD $20.71 Buy It Now 26 days
Lot 2 CD's GENESIS : Turn It On Again (Best Of 81-83); The Way We Walk (Shorts) USD $6.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Genesis - Turn It On Again Best Of 81-83 / TH Cassette USD $14.99 Buy It Now 27 days
GENESIS - Turn It On Again / Cassette Album Tape / Best Of / 1929 USD $5.92 Buy It Now 27 days
DELANEY & BONNIE GENESIS LP LEON RUSSELL NEAR MINT BEST PRICE ON EBAY FOR ONE NM USD $14.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Genesis with Peter Gabriel Six of the Best Concert Programme 1982 (RARE) USD $51.94 Buy It Now 29 days
Genesis/The Best Of Genesis.U.S Buddah Double LP. USD $17.80 Buy It Now 29 days
CD from genesis to revelation
~ USD $12.55
LP from genesis to revelation
~ USD $18.15
LP trespass
~ USD $20.39
CD yakta mama
~ USD $5.36

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS The Best... ratings distribution

GENESIS The Best... reviews

Review by friso
4 stars Genesis - The Best... (1976)

Just for your information...

Ok, this is nothing you might have missed! This 1976 double LP released by Buddah Records contains both the Nursery Cryme and Foxtrot album in their original form. Though this release might have come on handy at the time for those who missed the original releases of these two acclaimed masterpieces of symphonic rock, it's only has to offer a nice fold-out sleeve with some nice artwork. The artwork is colorful and the information on the front makes it perhaps look a bit cheap. In the inside there are some news-paper articles about the band.

The reason I took it (somebody I met on vacation offered me to come over at his house and take all his old vinyls I'd liked) was that I often dislike the sound of Famous Charisma lable lp's of Genesis. The high notes on the end of the vinyls are often distorted, and these GRT music Tapes Lp's are thicker and of higher quality. Furthermore I though I would be a nice addition to my collection. I added this box-set (or compilation) to PA just to tell you that. This might be a nice addition for vinyl collectors like me.

The music of Genesis is over-reviewed already, so for information about the music on this compilation I would like to forward you to the many reviews on the pages of Nursery Cryme and Foxtrot. The rating is a bit un-important here, but I'll give it four stars. Both are great albums and for vinyl collectors or Genesis collectors in general this might be interesting.

Review by Guillermo
4 stars I knew about the existence of this 2 LP compilation (it really is a re-packaging of "Nursery Cryme" and "Foxtrot" done by Buddah Records in 1976 and released as "The Best") because my late father had the monthly Schwann record catalogues from the U.S., which were guides for the record buyers of albums released in the U.S. and sometimes in other countries (and which were imported to other countries) from several genres like Classical Music, Rock, Jazz, etc., from the early sixties until the early 2000s. This compilation was listed in the "New Listings" section in one of the early Schwann record catalogues from 1976, and if I remember well, it didn`t last for more than a year listed in those catalogues, being put out of print. I never saw a copy of this compilation in the record shops of my country. Buddah (using the Charisma Records label) released three Genesis` albums in the early seventies ("Nursery Cryme", "Foxtrot" and "Genesis Live") all of which were out of print in the U.S. by early 1976, and it seems that in the same year, Buddah replaced the individual releases of "Nursery Cryme" and "Foxtrot" with the release of this "The Best" 2 LP set, which was also part of a series of albums called "The Best" in the same label, as the label also released several other albums by other artists titled as "The Best". The first Genesis` album that I listened to was "Nursery Cryme" in early 1979, in a non-gatefold version released by Buddah on the Charisma Records label, which was lent to one of my brothers by one of his friends. I liked the album a lot, but when I wanted to buy the album, I realized that it wasn`t available in my country, and that it was out of print as an U.S. import and it only was available as an expensive import from England. But in late 1979, Polydor / Polygram released both albums again in the U.S. (on the Charisma label and with a different cover) in a double LP set called "Nursery Cryme / "Foxtrot" which I bought as an import (not very expensive; two LPs at almost the same price of the English version of "Nursery Cryme") in 1980, and again it went of print by 1981. I previously reviewed both albums separately in this website, so I`m not going to do it again. So this review only was written to explain the existence of this Buddah`s "The Best " compilation, a curious release, in my opinion. It was until the early eighties that Atlantc Records finally re-issued in the U.S. in the LP format the "Nursery Cryme", "Foxtrot" and "Genesis Live" albums, all in individual releases.

Post a review of GENESIS "The Best..."