THE BEST...

Genesis

Genesis The Best... album cover

Buy GENESIS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1976

1. The Musical Box (10:24)
2. For Absent Friends (1:44)
3. The Return Of The Giant Hogweed (8:10)
4. Seven Stones (5:10)
5. Harold The Barrel (2:55)
6. Harlequin (2:52)
7. The Fountain Of Salmacis (7:54)

1. Watcher Of The Skies (7:19)
2. Time Table (4:40)
3. Get 'Em Out By Friday (8:35)
4. Can-Utility And The Coastliners (5:43)
5. Horizons (1:38)
6. Supper's Ready (22:58)
i. Lover's Leap
ii. The Guaranteed Eternal Sanctuary Man
iii. Ikhnaton and Itsacon and Their Band of Merry Men
iv. How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
v. Willow Farm
vi. Apocalypse in 9/8 (featuring the delicious talents of Gabble Ratchet)
vii. As Sure as Eggs is Eggs (Aching Men's Feet)

Search GENESIS The Best... lyrics

Search GENESIS The Best... tabs

- Tony Banks / organ, mellotron, piano, electric piano, acoustic 12 string guitar, backing vocals
- Phil Collins / drums, percussion, backing vocals
- Peter Gabriel / lead vocals, flute, tambourine, bass drum, oboe
- Steve Hackett / electric guitar, acoustic 12 string guitar, acoustic 6 string guitar
- Mike Rutherford / bass guitar, bass pedals, acoustic 12 string guitar, cello, backing vocals

Buddah BDS 5659-2 (2 LP Set)
1976 by Buddah Records, Inc.
These LP's were previously released as Charisma CAS 1052 "Nursury Cryme" and CAS 1058 "Foxtrot".

Thanks to friso for the addition
and to Guillermo for the last updates

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS The Best... Music

GENESIS Best Dbl LP Vinyl VG+ Cover VG GF 1976 Buddah BDS 5659 USD $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PAUL CARRACK - THE BEST OF... - REMASTERED *NEW 2014 CD ALBUM* GENESIS USD $7.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Genesis The Best... - Buddah Records 1976 - BDS 5659-2 (2 Record Set) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS PETER GABRIEL in concert 1982! 'Six of the Best' M.Keynes! 90 PHOTOS! USD $26.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Phil Collins - Very Best Greatest Hits Collection Live - RARE 1990 CD (Genesis) USD $4.87 Buy It Now 1 day
GENESIS peter gabriel "SIX OF THE BEST" reunion show 1982 - BOX 4CD USD $64.99 [0 bids]
USD $84.99 Buy It Now
THE BEST PROG ROCK ALBUM IN THE WORLD EVER 3 CD BOX YES GENESIS FOCUS EGG TULL USD $11.61 Buy It Now 2 days
New: GENESIS - Turn It on Again: The Hits (Best of / Greatest Hits) CD [z] USD $5.48 Buy It Now 2 days
PHIL COLLINS - Going Back CD + BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE Interview DVD! RARE! genesis USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GENESIS - TURN IT ON AGAIN-THE HITS CD 18 TRACKS INTERNATIONAL POP BEST OF NEW+ USD $17.16 Buy It Now 3 days
GENESIS-THE BEST...GENESIS 1976 BUDDAH RECORDS GATEFOLD 2 LP'S BDS 5659 VG++ USD $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Genesis Turn It On Again 13 Trk CD Album The Best Of 81-83 Greatest Hits Vertigo USD $7.91 Buy It Now 4 days
Genesis - Turn It On Again Best uf 81 - 83 (1991) UK Vertigo - 848 854-1 Vinyl USD $24.95 Buy It Now 5 days
GENESIS. THE BEST. 2 LPS GATEFOLD. BUDDAH. BDS 5659-2. 1976. FIRST US PRESSING. USD $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
RAY WILSON The Next Best Thing CD AOR / Melodic Rock Stiltskin Genesis BRAND NEW USD $6.97 Buy It Now 5 days
GENESIS Live - The Way We Walk Volume One CD - Best Of USD $7.62 Buy It Now 5 days
Genesis "Best Of Genesis" USD $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
"The Best...Genesis" Vinyl Record 1976 BDS 5659-2 USD $12.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Phil Collins CD ...Hits ..GREATEST ..THE BEST OF.. GENESIS USD $5.42 Buy It Now 6 days
The Best Genesis Peter Gabriel NEAR MINT TWO 12" LP BUDDAH BDS-5659 FREE US SHIP USD $29.98 Buy It Now 6 days
Genesis CD. GREATEST..Turn It on Again: The Hits BEST OF..PHIL COLLINS USD $4.65 Buy It Now 6 days
GENESIS Best Dbl LP Vinyl VG++ Cover VG+ GF 1976 Buddah BDS 5659 2 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 7 days
GENESIS - Turn It on Again: The Hits (Best of/Greatest Hits) CD USD $2.99 Buy It Now 7 days
GENESIS (PETER GABRIEL) - "Rock Theatre" (Best Of) LP - 1973 GERMAN - IN SHRINK USD $13.88 Buy It Now 8 days
VINTAGE LP's - THE BEST OF GENESIS - ABACAB AND INVISIBLE TOUCH USD $6.99 Buy It Now 8 days
GENESIS 'TURN IT ON AGAIN BEST OF 81-83' 13-TRACK CD RARE VERTIGO USD $13.19 Buy It Now 8 days
Rare QUEEN Publishing CD CULTURE CLUB Genesis ABBA Depeche Mode Promo EMI best USD $39.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Genesis The Best 2LP Set Gatefold, VG++ Vinyl, Peter Gabriel Years! USD $2.99 [0 bids]
40 Genesis (6 of the Best) colour concert photos Milton Keynes 1982 USD $9.23 Buy It Now 10 days
PETER GABRIEL - SHAKING THE TREE : BEST OF D/Rem CD ~ 70's 80's (GENESIS) *NEW* USD $18.61 Buy It Now 10 days
The Best Of GENESIS RARE 1976 US Buddah (2) LP-NEAR MINT FOXTROT NURSERY CRYME USD $24.99 Buy It Now 11 days
GENESIS-TURN IT ON AGAIN-BEST OF '81-'83-1991-GERMANY-VERTIGO 848 854-2-CD-MINT- USD $16.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Taiwan 3-CD w/OBI+Digipak GENESIS R-Kive Best Of Hits Greatest Collection USD $20.69 Buy It Now 11 days
Radio Show: CLASSICS #02-36 BEST OF 80/90's! STING, GENESIS, SEGER, CARS, INXS USD $14.99 Buy It Now 12 days
PHIL COLLINS-NO WAY OUT-FYC-OSCAR-BEST SONG-BROTHER BEAR-PROMO CD-GENESIS-MINT! USD $6.79 Buy It Now 12 days
Genesis We Know What We Like - The Best O... JPN 2 CD (Double CD) promo USD $262.69 Buy It Now 12 days
Genesis PHIL COLLINS Serious Hits Live GREATEST & BEST OF Concert Performance CD USD $7.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Genesis Best of Biscuit US Radio Transcription DBL Vinyl LP 1984 Phil Collins USD $59.99 Buy It Now 14 days
GENESIS BEST BAND IN THE WORLD "SECONDS OUT" A2 DOUBLE PAGE USD $14.74 Buy It Now 14 days
The Best Of.. Genesis: Vinyl Record, Lp, Free Ship, BDS-5659 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 15 days
GENESIS TURN IT ON AGAIN THE HITS BEST OF GREATEST CD 1999 COLLINS GABRIEL PROG USD $5.00 Buy It Now 15 days
The Best Peter Gabriel Genesis 2 LP BUDDAH '76 orig gatefold prog USD $32.00 Buy It Now 16 days
The Best Peter Gabriel Genesis 2 LP BUDDAH '76 1ST Press gatefold prog rock OOP USD $14.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Rare Best Sounding Original Genesis Invisible Touch Japan for USA CD 1986 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Genesis 1983 s/t SACD DVD NTSC EU 2007 Virgin 5099950382927 OOP BEST SOUND USD $60.00 Buy It Now 18 days
STYX-Best Of Styx JAPAN 1st.Press w/OBI Boston Kansas Journey TOTO Genesis Kiss USD $35.99 Buy It Now 18 days
GENESIS-Attention! JAPAN 1st.Press w/OBI Best Peter Gabriel Phil Collins USD $62.99 Buy It Now 18 days
GENESIS Dancin' LIVE USA TOUR 1992 BEST BEAT BB 592 RARE! USD $19.99 Buy It Now 18 days
GENESIS the best of US ORIGINAL 2-LP SET Buddah PHIL COLLINS Peter Gabriel NM  USD $18.00 Buy It Now 19 days
BEST XIII BAD BOYS BLUE IZABELLA GENESIS ERASURE STIGERS BLUE SYSTEM BOHLEN CD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 20 days
GENESIS TURN IT ON AGAIN BEST OF LP BRAZIL 1st PRESS 1992 FOLLOW YOU ABACAB MAMA USD $28.49 Buy It Now 21 days
GENESIS TURN IT ON AGAIN BEST OF LP MADE IN BRAZIL ORIGINAL 1st PRESS 1992 USD $28.49 Buy It Now 21 days
Various ?- Best Of 92 - 2 CD Set ( Queen / Roxette ./ Sandra / Genesis ) USD $6.60 Buy It Now 21 days
GENESIS RARE SIX OF BEST CONCERT PROGRAMME WITH TICKET MK BOWL 1982 PROG ROCK USD $118.82 Buy It Now 24 days
GENESIS Turn It On Again - The Hits CD Best of - Greatest Hits USD $6.05 Buy It Now 24 days
GENESIS - Platinum Collection 2-CD **READ** (The Best Of/Greatest Hits) USD $3.95 Buy It Now 24 days
VHS TAPE Best Of THE MOLLY MELDRUM TAPES Stones/Madonna/Genesis/Icehouse/Sting USD $34.45 Buy It Now 25 days
PETER GABRIEL[GENESIS]: SHAKING THE TREE[BEST] SOLSBURY HILL,BIKO,RED RAIN++ USD $8.98 Buy It Now 25 days
...Hits by Phil Collins (CD, Oct-1998, Atlantic (Label)) GREATEST GENESIS BEST USD $5.40 Buy It Now 26 days
PHIL COLLINS Greatest Hits 2CD Digipak BOX Best GENESIS Gabriel Photo SEALED USD $9.95 Buy It Now 26 days
GENESIS Luxury USA TOUR 1992 BEST BEAT BB 692 RARE! USD $19.99 Buy It Now 26 days
GENESIS Live USA - Live At It's Best IMTRAT IMT 200.126 RARE! USD $19.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Genesis Turn It On Again 34 Trk 2 CD Tour Edition The Hits Very Best Of Greatest USD $9.23 Buy It Now 26 days
LP Record The Best Genesis Double Record USD $39.99 Buy It Now 26 days
GENESIS TURN IT ON AGAIN BEST OF CD MADE IN BRAZIL 1st PRES 1991 WITHOUT BARCODE USD $37.99 Buy It Now 26 days
GENESIS: The Best... LP (2 LPs, gatefold cover, very small toc, small wobc, som USD $12.00 Buy It Now 26 days
Marillion ?- The Best Of Both Worlds SEALED 1997 UK 2 CD Genesis Moiody Blues USD $32.88 Buy It Now 27 days
Vinyl LP Genesis The Best Buddah BDS 5659-2 Two LP Set USD $15.99 Buy It Now 27 days
The Best Of Genesis-RARE 1976 US Buddah PROMO Double LP-NEAR MINT! USD $24.99 Buy It Now 28 days
GENESIS - R-KIVE (3 CD BEST OF) 3 CD NEW+ USD $19.71 Buy It Now 28 days
Genesis - Turn It On Again - The Hits [Remastered] - 2xCD - (Best of/Collection) USD $7.51 Buy It Now 29 days
Genesis - R-Kive - 3xCD - (Best of/Hits/New & Sealed/Collins/Rutherford/Banks) USD $11.82 Buy It Now 29 days
Mike + The Mechanics - Hits - CD ( Best of / Genesis / Singles / Collection ) USD $6.19 Buy It Now 29 days
GENESIS TURN IT ON AGAIN BEST OF 81-83 CD USD $2.64 Buy It Now 29 days
GENESIS - Turn It On Again - BEST OF - 1999 CD - 18 TRACKS USD $3.29 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS The Best... ratings distribution

GENESIS The Best... reviews

Review by friso
4 stars Genesis - The Best... (1976)

Just for your information...

Ok, this is nothing you might have missed! This 1976 double LP released by Buddah Records contains both the Nursery Cryme and Foxtrot album in their original form. Though this release might have come on handy at the time for those who missed the original releases of these two acclaimed masterpieces of symphonic rock, it's only has to offer a nice fold-out sleeve with some nice artwork. The artwork is colorful and the information on the front makes it perhaps look a bit cheap. In the inside there are some news-paper articles about the band.

The reason I took it (somebody I met on vacation offered me to come over at his house and take all his old vinyls I'd liked) was that I often dislike the sound of Famous Charisma lable lp's of Genesis. The high notes on the end of the vinyls are often distorted, and these GRT music Tapes Lp's are thicker and of higher quality. Furthermore I though I would be a nice addition to my collection. I added this box-set (or compilation) to PA just to tell you that. This might be a nice addition for vinyl collectors like me.

The music of Genesis is over-reviewed already, so for information about the music on this compilation I would like to forward you to the many reviews on the pages of Nursery Cryme and Foxtrot. The rating is a bit un-important here, but I'll give it four stars. Both are great albums and for vinyl collectors or Genesis collectors in general this might be interesting.

Review by Guillermo
4 stars I knew about the existence of this 2 LP compilation (it really is a re-packaging of "Nursery Cryme" and "Foxtrot" done by Buddah Records in 1976 and released as "The Best") because my late father had the monthly Schwann record catalogues from the U.S., which were guides for the record buyers of albums released in the U.S. and sometimes in other countries (and which were imported to other countries) from several genres like Classical Music, Rock, Jazz, etc., from the early sixties until the early 2000s. This compilation was listed in the "New Listings" section in one of the early Schwann record catalogues from 1976, and if I remember well, it didn`t last for more than a year listed in those catalogues, being put out of print. I never saw a copy of this compilation in the record shops of my country. Buddah (using the Charisma Records label) released three Genesis` albums in the early seventies ("Nursery Cryme", "Foxtrot" and "Genesis Live") all of which were out of print in the U.S. by early 1976, and it seems that in the same year, Buddah replaced the individual releases of "Nursery Cryme" and "Foxtrot" with the release of this "The Best" 2 LP set, which was also part of a series of albums called "The Best" in the same label, as the label also released several other albums by other artists titled as "The Best". The first Genesis` album that I listened to was "Nursery Cryme" in early 1979, in a non-gatefold version released by Buddah on the Charisma Records label, which was lent to one of my brothers by one of his friends. I liked the album a lot, but when I wanted to buy the album, I realized that it wasn`t available in my country, and that it was out of print as an U.S. import and it only was available as an expensive import from England. But in late 1979, Polydor / Polygram released both albums again in the U.S. (on the Charisma label and with a different cover) in a double LP set called "Nursery Cryme / "Foxtrot" which I bought as an import (not very expensive; two LPs at almost the same price of the English version of "Nursery Cryme") in 1980, and again it went of print by 1981. I previously reviewed both albums separately in this website, so I`m not going to do it again. So this review only was written to explain the existence of this Buddah`s "The Best " compilation, a curious release, in my opinion. It was until the early eighties that Atlantc Records finally re-issued in the U.S. in the LP format the "Nursery Cryme", "Foxtrot" and "Genesis Live" albums, all in individual releases.

Post a review of GENESIS "The Best..."