THE BEST...

Genesis

Genesis The Best... album cover

Buy GENESIS Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1976

1. The Musical Box (10:24)
2. For Absent Friends (1:44)
3. The Return Of The Giant Hogweed (8:10)
4. Seven Stones (5:10)
5. Harold The Barrel (2:55)
6. Harlequin (2:52)
7. The Fountain Of Salmacis (7:54)

1. Watcher Of The Skies (7:19)
2. Time Table (4:40)
3. Get 'Em Out By Friday (8:35)
4. Can-Utility And The Coastliners (5:43)
5. Horizons (1:38)
6. Supper's Ready (22:58)
i. Lover's Leap
ii. The Guaranteed Eternal Sanctuary Man
iii. Ikhnaton and Itsacon and Their Band of Merry Men
iv. How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
v. Willow Farm
vi. Apocalypse in 9/8 (featuring the delicious talents of Gabble Ratchet)
vii. As Sure as Eggs is Eggs (Aching Men's Feet)

Search GENESIS The Best... lyrics

Search GENESIS The Best... tabs

- Tony Banks / organ, mellotron, piano, electric piano, acoustic 12 string guitar, backing vocals
- Phil Collins / drums, percussion, backing vocals
- Peter Gabriel / lead vocals, flute, tambourine, bass drum, oboe
- Steve Hackett / electric guitar, acoustic 12 string guitar, acoustic 6 string guitar
- Mike Rutherford / bass guitar, bass pedals, acoustic 12 string guitar, cello, backing vocals

Buddah BDS 5659-2 (2 LP Set)
1976 by Buddah Records, Inc.
These LP's were previously released as Charisma CAS 1052 "Nursury Cryme" and CAS 1058 "Foxtrot".

Thanks to friso for the addition
and to Guillermo for the last updates

GENESIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GENESIS The Best... Music

Lamb Lies Down on BroadwayLamb Lies Down on Broadway
EMI Europe Generic 2009
FoxtrotFoxtrot
Wea Int'l 1990
Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)Trick of the Tail (CD/DVD)
Rhino 2007
Genesis Box Set 3 (1970-1975)[13 Disc Set]Genesis Box Set 3 (1970-1975)[13 Disc Set]
Box set · Remastered
Rhino Records 2008
Wind & Wuthering [Bonus DVD]Wind & Wuthering [Bonus DVD]
Rhino 2007
Nursery CrymeNursery Cryme
Wea Int'l 1990
TrespassTrespass
Fontana Mca 1993
GENESIS W/ PETER GABRIEL - Profile 1968-69 GERMAN PRESS Prog Psych VG+/NM US $18.99 Buy It Now 34m 34s
Latin Genesis by David Liebman (CD, Oct-2004, Whaling City Sound) US $7.99 [0 bids]
36m 43s
LED ZEPPELIN NO QUARTER 5 CD BOX SET TARANTURA NEW and SEALED Yes Who Genesis US $439.00 [0 bids]
38m 57s
GENESIS - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF JA) US $8.20 Buy It Now 41m 4s
GENESIS s/t LP OOP early-80's prog-rock US $2.99 Buy It Now 52m 53s
GENESIS wind and wuthering. uk lp early press Charisma US $11.58 Buy It Now 53m 40s
GENESIS a trick of the tail. uk lp early press Charisma US $4.95 Buy It Now 53m 40s
GENESIS s/t LP OOP early-80's prog-rock Phil Collins Tony Banks Mike Rutherford US $2.99 Buy It Now 54m 46s
GENESIS Wind & Wuthering Vinyl LP EX RARE UK Textured PROG N MINT NM US $8.27 [1 bids]
55m 8s
GENESIS USA 1960s PROMO 7" Single Gloomy Sunday What's It All About US $4.56 Buy It Now 56m 5s
GENESIS...A TRICK OF THE TAIL (gatefold) US $9.99 Buy It Now 58m 17s
CHAPTERS FROM BERESHIT GENESIS Rare Judaica 10" vinyl US $40.00 Buy It Now 58m 45s
45 RECORD DON MCLEAN: CRYING, GENESIS (IN THE BEGINING) US $1.85 Buy It Now 1h 11m
GENESIS "ABCAB" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 1h 14m
GENESIS "ILLEGAL ALIEN" 45 RPM US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
GENESIS "NO REPLY AT ALL" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 1h 15m
GENESIS-SPOT THE PIGEON-1978 ATLANTIC 3 TRACK 12" 45 rpm EP-EP 1800-NM US $9.95 [0 bids]
Genesis -- Nursery Cryme LP US $1.99 [1 bids]
Lot of 33Lps, Genesis,Trapeze,Pablo Cruise,Loggins&Messina US $9.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS: Wind & Wuthering (rock & pop LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 27m
GENESIS - PAPERLATE / YOU MIGHT RECALL - RARE! JAPAN 45' PS US $3.30 [1 bids]
Genesis Three Sides Live 1982 1st Atlantic Master, CLEAN, EXC, A+ SOUND! US $5.99 [0 bids]
Genesis S/T 1983 Record Club Press, NEAR MINT, Ultrasonic Cleaned, A+ SOUND! US $6.99 [0 bids]
Genesis Abacab 1981 Record Club Press, Near Mint, Ultrasonic Cleaned! US $6.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS - LIVE - THE WAY WE WALK Volume one: The Shorts, Greatest Hits, Best of US $3.00 [0 bids]
Genesis Wind & Wuthering LP Record Album Very Good Condition US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 35m
PETER GABRIEL -Peter gabriel Self Title KOREA LP Insert Genesis. US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Genesis - Live (Live Recording, 1999) {CD} D1113 US $8.27 Buy It Now 1h 42m
ITALY JUKE BOX PROMO GENESIS invisible touch COCCIANTE US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
WIZZARD (DANCE) millenium 12" 3 trk promo featuring genesis mix,exodus mix and c US $8.27 Buy It Now 1h 45m
GENESIS**A TRICK OF THE TAIL(RM)**CD US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 48m
GENESIS - We Can't Dance (UK 12 Track 1991 CD Album) US $5.78 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Genesis We Can't Dance CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Trespass - Genesis New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $38.68 Buy It Now 1h 57m
GENESIS - FOXTROT, ARGENTINA REISSUE TLP 90017, Virgin, RCA/ARIOLA 1987 LP US $24.84 Buy It Now 2h
GENESIS - Three Sides Live - 1982 UK 13-track double Vinyl LP US $28.32 Buy It Now 2h
DON McLEAN-CRYING/GENESIS (IN THE BEGINNING)-ORIGINAL GERMAN PS 45rpm 7" 1978 US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h
Genesis CD Album (Greatest Hits) Phil Collins (The Very Best of) I Cant Dance .. US $2.15 [2 bids]
Turn It on Again: The Hits by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Oct-1999, Atlantic (Label US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 13m
GENESIS UK 1978 7" Single FOLLOW YOU FOLLOW ME US $4.95 Buy It Now 2h 21m
GENESIS Trespass 1974 UK VINYL LP Excellent Condition US $24.84 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Rock Vinyl GENESIS "Abacab" 12" LP Vinyl Record - Original Raised Print Artwork US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rock Vinyl GENESIS "Duke"12" LP Vinyl Record, Collins US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rock Vinyl GENESIS "Mama" 12" LP Vinyl Record Single US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rock Vinyl GENESIS "Invisible Touch (Single)" 12" LP Vinyl Record, Collins US $2.99 [0 bids]
Pop Rock Vinyl PHIL COLLINS "Hello, I Must Be Going" 12" LP Vinyl Record-GENESIS US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rock Vinyl GENESIS "Land Of Confusion (Single)" 12" LP Vinyl Record, Collins US $2.99 [0 bids]
Pop Rock Vinyl PHIL COLLINS "Buster" 12" LP Soundtrack Vinyl Record - GENESIS US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rock Vinyl GENESIS "Genesis" 12" LP Vinyl Record - Original Print US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rock Vinyl GENESIS "And Then There Were Three"" 12" LP Vinyl Record, Collins US $2.99 [0 bids]
Rock Vinyl GENESIS "Spot The Pigeon"12" LP Vinyl Record, Collins US $2.99 [0 bids]
MORSE CODE PROCREATION 1976 LP ORIG GATEFOLD CANADA GENESIS BJH SYMPHO PROG US $4.99 [0 bids]
Genesis PETER GABRIEL Games Without Frontiers USA 7 INCH Vinyl 45 Mercury 76063 US $34.99 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Foxtrot [Remaster] by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Jan-1990, Atlantic (Label)) US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Nursery Cryme [Limited] by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Jan-1990, Atlantic/WEA) US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Genesis/Self Titled/1983 Vertigo LP/Greek Issue US $13.24 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Genesis w peter gabriael-teldec-german US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 34m
GENESIS - And Then There Were Three - 1978 UK pink Charisma Vinyl LP US $11.00 Buy It Now 2h 39m
Brian Auger Lp Genesis Heavy British Blues Rock US $3.99 [1 bids]
GENESIS/FRICTION BY SOUL CHILDREN (CD) US $20.50 Buy It Now 2h 45m
GENESIS - Live ~ VINYL LP US $20.86 Buy It Now 2h 46m
GENESIS, ABACAB / ANOTHER RECORD. ORIGINAL 1981 CHARISMA SINGLE US $1.64 [0 bids]
GENESIS - Duke - 1980 UK 12-track Vinyl LP US $11.00 Buy It Now 2h 51m
GENESIS - Three Sides Live - 2xLP gatefold Charisma GE2002 US $17.55 Buy It Now 2h 52m
2 DISC Calling All Stations [Remaster] by Genesis (U.K. Band) (CD, Nov-2007 US $10.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS - "A TRICK OF THE TAIL", AUDIOPHILE MASTER RECORDING, NEAR MINT US $25.00 [6 bids]
3h
MOVEMENT FEATURING LEE GENESIS magic 12" 3 trk b/w dub version and 7 version (de US $8.27 Buy It Now 3h 2m
GENESIS LIVE THE LONGS CD GOLD DISC LP FREE P+P! US $149.12 Buy It Now 3h 5m
GENESIS (PHIL COLLINS) CD GOLD DISC RECORD LP FREE P&P US $149.12 Buy It Now 3h 5m
GENESIS WE CANT DANCE CD GOLD DISC RECORD LP FREE P&P! US $149.12 Buy It Now 3h 5m
GENESIS - Genesis Live, 1979 UK LP / inner....... EX US $6.61 [0 bids]
STEVE HACKETT GENESIS REVISITED CD GOLD DISC FREE P&P! US $149.12 Buy It Now 3h 9m
GENESIS And Then There Were Three 1978 Atlantic GF LP SD 19173 VG+/EXC- US $6.00 Buy It Now 3h 15m
GENESIS / GENESIS MULTI (GOLD) CD PLATINUM DISC FREE POSTAGE!! US $231.97 Buy It Now 3h 15m
GENESIS ABACAB MULTI (GOLD) CD PLATINUM DISC FREE POSTAGE!! US $231.97 Buy It Now 3h 16m
GENESIS INVISIBLE TOUCH MULTI (GOLD) CD PLATINUM DISC FREE POSTAGE!! US $231.97 Buy It Now 3h 16m
GENESIS WE CAN'T DANCE MULTI (GOLD) CD PLATINUM DISC FREE POSTAGE!! US $231.97 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Genesis / Illegal Alien / Turn It On Again (Live) / 7" Vinyl 45 US $2.93 Buy It Now 3h 17m
Genesis 'We Can't Dance' Cassette Album (1991) US $0.81 [1 bids]
GENESIS REFLECTION ROCK THEATRE RARE NM GERMAN GEMA LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 24m
TONY BANKS (GENESIS) THE FUGITIVE CD GOLD DISC FREE P&P US $149.12 Buy It Now 3h 26m
TONY BANKS GENESIS) BANKSTATEMENT CD GOLD DISC FREE P&P US $149.12 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Genesis - We Can't Dance CD Used VG+ US $2.99 Buy It Now 3h 35m
Genesis Wind & Wuthering Excellent Condition W/Lyric Sleeve Original LP US $4.50 Buy It Now 3h 38m
GENESIS Selling England By The Pound LP unplayed PICTURE DISC US $49.99 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Invisible Touch by Genesis LP US $4.00 [0 bids]
GENESIS - Invisible Touch CD ~~ Their 1986 BLOCKBUSTER!!!! ~~ Phil Collins US $0.99 [0 bids]
GENESIS: Nursery Cryme LP (70's reissue, tiny saw mark) Rock & Pop US $25.00 Buy It Now 3h 55m
PSYCHIC TV magick defends itself TEMPLE UK 1986 Genesis P-Orridge Coil US $9.99 [0 bids]
Genesis WIND & WUTHERING Made in Japan by Sanyo NM- US $20.00 [0 bids]
Genesis THREE SIDES LIVE Red Vertigo Swirl Made In West Germany NM- US $15.00 [0 bids]
Genesis That's All (PS) 12" Vinyl Single US $11.60 Buy It Now 4h 9m
We Can't Dance, Genesis, Acceptable US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 9m
We Can't Dance by Genesis (U.K. Band) (Excellent) (CD 1991, Atlantic (Label)) US $2.98 [0 bids]
Genesis Foxtrot CD Album Spanish Edition US $14.91 Buy It Now 4h 14m
Genesis - FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION CD 1996 57804-2 TRANSLUXE US $29.95 [0 bids]
Genesis PHIL COLLINS & LIL KIM In the Air Tonite RARE MIX Europe PROMO CD Single US $34.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
Phil Collins Hello I Must Be Going NM LP Promo Copy Genesis US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
PETER GABRIEL Solsbury Hill 3" CD Single genesis prog UK 1988 NM US $5.99 [0 bids]
We Can't Dance, Genesis, Good US $3.25 Buy It Now 4h 24m

More places to buy GENESIS music online Buy GENESIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GENESIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GENESIS The Best... ratings distribution

GENESIS The Best... reviews

Review by friso
4 stars Genesis - The Best... (1976)

Just for your information...

Ok, this is nothing you might have missed! This 1976 double LP released by Buddah Records contains both the Nursery Cryme and Foxtrot album in their original form. Though this release might have come on handy at the time for those who missed the original releases of these two acclaimed masterpieces of symphonic rock, it's only has to offer a nice fold-out sleeve with some nice artwork. The artwork is colorful and the information on the front makes it perhaps look a bit cheap. In the inside there are some news-paper articles about the band.

The reason I took it (somebody I met on vacation offered me to come over at his house and take all his old vinyls I'd liked) was that I often dislike the sound of Famous Charisma lable lp's of Genesis. The high notes on the end of the vinyls are often distorted, and these GRT music Tapes Lp's are thicker and of higher quality. Furthermore I though I would be a nice addition to my collection. I added this box-set (or compilation) to PA just to tell you that. This might be a nice addition for vinyl collectors like me.

The music of Genesis is over-reviewed already, so for information about the music on this compilation I would like to forward you to the many reviews on the pages of Nursery Cryme and Foxtrot. The rating is a bit un-important here, but I'll give it four stars. Both are great albums and for vinyl collectors or Genesis collectors in general this might be interesting.

Send comments to friso (BETA) | Report this review (#295768) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 22, 2010

Review by Guillermo
4 stars I knew about the existence of this 2 LP compilation (it really is a re-packaging of "Nursery Cryme" and "Foxtrot" done by Buddah Records in 1976 and released as "The Best") because my late father had the monthly Schwann record catalogues from the U.S., which were guides for the record buyers of albums released in the U.S. and sometimes in other countries (and which were imported to other countries) from several genres like Classical Music, Rock, Jazz, etc., from the early sixties until the early 2000s. This compilation was listed in the "New Listings" section in one of the early Schwann record catalogues from 1976, and if I remember well, it didn`t last for more than a year listed in those catalogues, being put out of print. I never saw a copy of this compilation in the record shops of my country. Buddah (using the Charisma Records label) released three Genesis` albums in the early seventies ("Nursery Cryme", "Foxtrot" and "Genesis Live") all of which were out of print in the U.S. by early 1976, and it seems that in the same year, Buddah replaced the individual releases of "Nursery Cryme" and "Foxtrot" with the release of this "The Best" 2 LP set, which was also part of a series of albums called "The Best" in the same label, as the label also released several other albums by other artists titled as "The Best". The first Genesis` album that I listened to was "Nursery Cryme" in early 1979, in a non-gatefold version released by Buddah on the Charisma Records label, which was lent to one of my brothers by one of his friends. I liked the album a lot, but when I wanted to buy the album, I realized that it wasn`t available in my country, and that it was out of print as an U.S. import and it only was available as an expensive import from England. But in late 1979, Polydor / Polygram released both albums again in the U.S. (on the Charisma label and with a different cover) in a double LP set called "Nursery Cryme / "Foxtrot" which I bought as an import (not very expensive; two LPs at almost the same price of the English version of "Nursery Cryme") in 1980, and again it went of print by 1981. I previously reviewed both albums separately in this website, so I`m not going to do it again. So this review only was written to explain the existence of this Buddah`s "The Best " compilation, a curious release, in my opinion. It was until the early eighties that Atlantc Records finally re-issued in the U.S. in the LP format the "Nursery Cryme", "Foxtrot" and "Genesis Live" albums, all in individual releases.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#765166) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Post a review of GENESIS "The Best..."