HOPE YOU LIKE OUR NEW DIRECTION

RIO/Avant-Prog

Henry Kaiser Hope You Like Our New Direction album cover

Buy HENRY KAISER Music
Studio Album, released in 1991

1. Love's Made a Fool of You (3:15)
2. "Traditional" Medley Devil Got My Woman > Sa Mac Improvisation > Qua CauGio Bay > Ly Chim Quyen > Cold Rain and Snow (13:00)
3. Rock On (9:00)
4. Kanaka Wai Wai (4:15)
5. The Skunk's Tears (3:15)
6. Annihilation in Allah (4:35)
7. Windham Hell (1:50)
8. The Sandman (4:45)
9. Hurum II (7:55)
10. Edge of the World (2:30)
11. Distant Stars (2:00)
12. California Dreamin' (4:40)
13. Carried Off By the Moon (2:50)
14. High School Hellcats (6:55)
15. Prosaic Mosaic (3:50)
16. Japan in a Dishpan (3:00)

Search HENRY KAISER Hope You Like Our New Direction lyrics

- Alan Smithee / bass
- Richard Thompson / guitar, vocals
- Andy West / bass

Reckless CDRECK 21

Thanks to Evolver for the addition

HENRY KAISER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy HENRY KAISER Hope You Like Our New Direction Music

Hope You Like Our New DirectionHope You Like Our New Direction
Reckless
Hope You Like Our New DirectionHope You Like Our New Direction
Reckless
Audio CD$8.00 (used)

More places to buy HENRY KAISER music online Buy HENRY KAISER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for HENRY KAISER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

HENRY KAISER Hope You Like Our New Direction ratings distribution

HENRY KAISER Hope You Like Our New Direction reviews

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
3 stars The title of this album is a bit of a joke, as this album shows Henry Kaiser and his many cohorts going off in all directions at once. There is rock, there is fusion, there are a vast number of different world music flavors. But since the central theme is Henry Kaiser's guitar, it is mostly great music.

While I enjoy Kaiser's excursions into Asian, Middle Eastern and African music, it's his wild electric guitar soloing that I most prefer to hear from him. So therefore, my favorite tracks are the cover of David Essex' classic Rock On (with not as cool vocals as the original, but much better guitar), The Mamas & The Papas California Dreamin' (with spectacular guitaring), Windham Hell, a short guitar piece referring to his time on a certain new age label, and especially High School Hellcats, a punk jazz extravaganza.

I happen to love Kaiser's guitar in just about any setting, but this one is for fans of varied types of music.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#301976) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 04, 2010

Post a review of HENRY KAISER "Hope You Like Our New Direction"