THE ALBUM

Collectors/fans only

Buy CARAVAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. Heartbreaker (3:06)
2. Corner of me eye (3:37)
3. Watcha gonna tell me (4:48)
4. Piano player (5:24)
5. Make yourself at home (3:26)
6. Golden mile (3:12)
7. Bright shiny day (6:17)
8. Clear blue sky (6:25)
9. Keepin' up the fences (5:17)

Bonus tracks on Eclectic remaster (2004):
10. Heartbreaker (single version) (3:40)
11. It's Never Too Late (6:24)

Search CARAVAN The Album lyrics

Search CARAVAN The Album tabs

- Richard Coughlan / drums
- Pye Hastings / guitars, vocals
- Dek Messecar / bass, backing vocals
- Geoff Richardson / guitar, viola, flute, vocals
- David Sinclair / keyboards

LP Kingdom CDKVL 9003 (1980)
CD Eclectic 1011 (2004 remaster)

and to Joolz for the last updates

CARAVAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CARAVAN The Album Music

Paradise FilterParadise Filter
Imports 2014
CaravanCaravan
Universal I.S. 2002
Show of Our Lives: Caravan at BBC 1968-1975Show of Our Lives: Caravan at BBC 1968-1975
Universal I.S. 2007
Place of My Own: The CollectionPlace of My Own: The Collection
Imports 2014
Canterbury Tales: Best of 1968-1975Canterbury Tales: Best of 1968-1975
Polygram Records 1994
CARAVAN Canning Stunts CD mini lp OBI NEW US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
7 Steps from the Border - Pocket Caravan - 11 Track US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 32m
Caravan - DAY DREAM / Dynamo - Japan CD J-POP Sample US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
CARAVAN Caravan & The New Symphonia CD mini lp NEW OBI US $16.99 Buy It Now 2h 58m
GOLDFRAPP - 2x 7" picture disc sealed Happiness & Caravan Girl US $28.17 Buy It Now 3h 6m
The Housemartins(7" Vinyl P/S)Caravan Of Love-Go Discs-GOD 16-UK-VG/VG US $6.63 Buy It Now 3h 13m
The Mike Moran Band - CARAVAN - RARE LP US $20.49 Buy It Now 3h 58m
John McCabe - Rainforest 1; Rainforest 2; Les martinets noirs; Caravan US $18.26 Buy It Now 4h 16m
CARAVAN HEARTBREAKER 7" P/S 1980 UK US $14.96 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Isley, Jasper & Isley Caravan Of Love & Different Drummer 2-LP's great condition US $22.99 [0 bids]
BENNY GOODMAN Camel Caravan Congress Hotel 1938 LP Bud Freeman Vol 2 US $14.97 Buy It Now 4h 50m
REVELATION - Salvation's Answer CD Pentagram Saint Vitus Spirit Caravan US $7.90 [0 bids]
DEODATO Caravan / Watusi Strut b/w Watusi Strut STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 17m
CARAVAN cunning stunts 1975 UK DECCA STEREO LP US $19.94 Buy It Now 5h 53m
LP-Caravan-Cunning Stunts~70's Canterbury UK ~Prog Psych US $14.99 [0 bids]
EDDIE LAYTON caravan LP VG MG 20426 Vinyl Record US $14.40 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Waterloo Lily (Remastered) Caravan (CD 2001) UK IMPORT US $12.00 Buy It Now 7h 25m
Dance Caravan-Show Tunes-2 LP-Gatefold-Hector-HLPS 4322-Vinyl Record US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 25m
RONALD SHANNON JACKSON live at the caravan of dreams LP Mint- CDP85005 Jazz US $12.00 Buy It Now 9h 5m
Jimmy Caravan Hey Jude Beatles Doors OtisRedding covers IsaacHayes organ soul US $9.99 [0 bids]
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers CARAVAN 180g HQ + MP3 Code NEW SEALED Vinyl LP US $25.99 Buy It Now 9h 34m
CARAVAN PALACE - PANIC (UK) NEW CD US $32.20 Buy It Now 9h 37m
HOUSEMARTINS Caravan Of Love 12" GO! 1986 UK press *Tracks below US $13.29 Buy It Now 10h 19m
NEW - Back to Front (Reis) by Caravan US $219.49 Buy It Now 10h 28m
JOE VALINO GARDEN OF EDEN / CARAVAN 45 RECORD US $3.00 Buy It Now 10h 30m
SWING SHIFT BAND CARAVAN 7" BUDDY EMMONS COUNTRY CANADIAN STEP ONE RECORDS US $15.00 Buy It Now 10h 36m
Chuck Tequila Rio 45 TEQUILA Caravan TITTYSHAKER ROCKER LISTEN AUTOGRAPH US $6.00 [0 bids]
Christmas Caravan by Squirrel Nut Zippers (CD, Oct-1998, Mammoth) US $7.95 [0 bids]
LIMBO LIKE ME..THE CARDELLS..RECORDED LIVE IN BERMUDA...EDMAR /CARAVAN OF CANADA US $8.99 Buy It Now 11h 22m
Casa Loma Caravan - Glen Gray - LP - T856 US $6.40 Buy It Now 11h 55m
CARAVAN THE ALBUM ARGENTINA LP US $42.71 Buy It Now 12h 28m
CARAVAN / RENAISSANCE - rare 1975 ticket stub NEWCASTLE CITY HALL US $21.92 Buy It Now 12h 32m
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1971 MEDICINE BALL CARAVAN BS 2565 Rock USA NEW Sealed US $4.99 Buy It Now 12h 44m
BACKDOOR BAND El Bimbo Caravan Salsa 7" Hear RARE '75 Philippines disco Sunshine US $27.77 [0 bids]
13h
Vintage Caravan Record Music Babies TIMMIE'S BUSY MORNING 78 RPM US $17.99 Buy It Now 13h
Last Caravan by Last Caravan (CD, Jan-2005, US $6.95 Buy It Now 13h 2m
(DV440) The Painted Caravan, Children of the Rain - 2013 DJ CD US $3.31 Buy It Now 13h 22m
Ultimate Silk Road Album - Caravan US $12.99 Buy It Now 13h 46m
CARAVAN cunning stunts LP 7 track sleeve has light wear (sklr5210) uk decca 197 US $21.37 Buy It Now 13h 58m
RARE INSTRUMENTAL 45 - NO NAME BAND - GYPSY CARAVAN / ISRAELI STOMP- SCORPIO 472 US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 58m
Todd Dillingham & Caravan Wilde Canterbury Dream SEALED UK CD Camel Bevis Frond US $32.95 Buy It Now 14h 16m
Quest by Gypsy Caravan (CD, Mar-2004, gypsy caravan) US $7.95 Buy It Now 14h 27m
Awakening by Gypsy Caravan (CD, Sep-2003, Gypsy Caravan Productioins) US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 33m
The Gypsy Caravan - Caravan Rhythms [Audio cd] US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 39m
LATIN LP: INTER-AMERICAN TRAVEL SEMINAR Venezuelan Touring Caravan 7 US $19.95 Buy It Now 14h 42m
Robin Trower Caravan To Midnight *CHR-1189* Record, Vinyl, Album, LP US $4.97 [0 bids]
In the Land of Grey & Pink Caravan MUSIC CD US $69.98 Buy It Now 14h 48m
ART BLAKEY: Caravan LP (2 200g 45rpm discs) rare Jazz US $60.00 Buy It Now 15h 13m
Dance Caravan-Show Tunes-2 LP-Gatefold-Hector-HLPS 4322-Vinyl Record US $3.99 [0 bids]
THE GYPSY CARAVAN - 4 7" 45 RECORD SET '90S PUNK INDIE GYPSY RECORDS US $9.98 Buy It Now 15h 57m
Legend Of A Mind Decca 3 CD Box Set SEALED Moody Blues Caravan ... US $70.00 [1 bids]
Pantera - Planet Caravan **SINGLE IMPORT** US $30.00 Buy It Now 16h 36m
(AZ873) The Winter Kings, Black Caravan - DJ CD US $4.57 Buy It Now 16h 42m
Caravan Cunning Stunts LP BTM 5000 Prog Rock Gentle Giant Yes US $5.00 Buy It Now 16h 43m
Xhol Caravan- Electrip + 2 (Dennis, Embryo, M.T. Wizzard, Pinocchio, Virgo) US $19.99 Buy It Now 16h 50m
Robin Trower Caravan to Midnight nm- about 400 Fairly priced LP's US $5.95 Buy It Now 17h 2m
NORTHERN SOUL 45 EARL GRANT CARAVAN ~ I'LL BUILD YOU A STAIRWAY TO PARADISE* US $16.99 Buy It Now 17h 3m
ROBIN TROWER Caravan To Midnight ORIGINAL LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 17h 16m
Mighty Sparrow: Calypso Time LP VG++/NM Canada Caravan US $19.99 Buy It Now 17h 17m
SQUIRREL NUT ZIPPERS Christmas Caravan CD 1998 US $5.00 Buy It Now 17h 22m
JIMMY CARAVAN & TRIO Look Into The Flower TOWER 5103 EX LP ORGAN SOUL JAZZ US $29.90 Buy It Now 18h 26m
NATIONAL HEALTH sealed UK LP s/t HATFIELD & THE NORTH prog canturbury CARAVAN US $10.50 [2 bids]
Barclay James Harvest CD 2 on 1 Other Short Stories / Baby Camel Caravan Nektar US $8.00 [0 bids]
MEDICINE BALL CARAVAN SOUNDTRACK LP 722 US $8.99 Buy It Now 23h 8m
Caravan Palace - Panic CD US $45.62 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN-THIN LIZZY-ALLMAN BROTHERS- One More For The Road CD GREEK COLLECTION US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan - Blakey,Art & The Jazz Messengers New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $31.19 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN. BLIND DOG AT ST. DUNSTANS'. ARISTA. AL 4088. 1976. PROGRESSIVE ROCK US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
ART GENTRY 45rpm-RED VINYL- "Three Little Fishies" - CARAVAN # 624 US $0.99 [0 bids]
HOUSEMARTINS USA 1987 PROMO 7" Single CARAVAN OF LOVE US $4.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan - Waterloo Lily - 8829822 US $11.43 Buy It Now 1 day
MEDICINE BALL CARAVAN:1971 MOVIE SOUNDTRACK LP - ALICE COOPER-YOUNGBLOODS PSYCH US $5.50 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN In the Land of Grey and Pink 40th Deluxe 2 CD & 1 DVD prog rock classic US $22.49 [0 bids]
Robin Trower - Caravan To Midnight #CHR-1189 LP Vinyl Record Album VG+ Rock US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Harry Connick Jr 25 inc Stardust Caravan + Cassette Tape - TESTED US $11.63 Buy It Now 1 day
SAMES/AMPERS&/ANDY ASH/REPLIKA - Midnight Caravan EP - 12" US $15.94 Buy It Now 1 day
RONALD L. CARAVAN - AMERICA REMEMBERS [RONALD L. CARAVAN] - NEW CD US $13.76 Buy It Now 1 day
ALICE COOPER BB KING YOUNGBLOODS STONEGROUND MEDICINE BALL CARAVAN LP 511 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night - Caravan New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $21.07 Buy It Now 1 day
Cunning Stunts - Caravan New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $21.22 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night CD 7 tracks Deram 820 971-2 US $0.99 [1 bids]
CARAVAN GIRLS 7 LP Replica JAPANOBI CD Sealed Box Set US $594.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rare country 45 Lou Dee Jim Flahertys Caravan My Darling Rosie US $12.99 [0 bids]
DAVID SINCLAIR - MOON OVER MAN CARAVAN 70s SOLO ex CARAVAN REMASTERED CD+5xtks US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
THE QUILL Voodoo Caravan CD 2001 Retro Hard Rock US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PAUL SCHWINGENSCHLOEGEL / ADAM GALLINA - HANG CARAVAN NEW CD US $29.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan - Man & Buffalo [CD New] US $17.98 Buy It Now 1 day
TITTERTON I Hear You Calling Me/Where My Caravan Has Started 78 DECCA F2790 US $21.59 Buy It Now 1 day
Dub Caravan - Nomadic Fusions [CD New] US $11.21 Buy It Now 1 day
CD - Lost Tunes - Classic Rock - 15 Tracks - Issue 130, Caravan,Mott Hoople US $9.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Vintage 78 Record 1930s Bunny Berigan "Caravan" "A Study in Brown" VICTOR US $13.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Panic - Caravan Palace New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $30.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Linda Purl - Midnight Caravan [CD New] US $13.42 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan Palace - Panic 2013 [CD New] US $26.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Canterbury prog CARAVAN Cunning Stunts 1975 LP Canada pressing US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LES PAUL CARAVAN & BRAZIL CAPITOL CL13162 US $4.14 Buy It Now 1 day
DUB CARAVAN - NOMADIC FUSIONS - NEW CD US $10.42 Buy It Now 1 day
COLUMBIA - AMERICAN CARAVAN - 114 BEST LOVED MELODIES - PS 5048 US $9.99 [0 bids]
David "Fathead" Newman - Return to the Wide Open Spaces Live Caravan of Dreams US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CARAVAN music online Buy CARAVAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CARAVAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CARAVAN The Album ratings distribution

CARAVAN The Album reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars I think that the title says it all. No inspiration. Only Clear Blue Sky - a reggae - manages some interest from my ears , the rest being really a lacklustre collection of uninspired songs . I am so sorry one of my favorite band ever got so low . This one did come out on Cd but look elsewhere as there are tons of Caravan records to investigate before delving for this one.

While rewriting my Blind Dog review, I had a chance to add this and tell you that this got a second release (remastered ) with a few Bonus Tracks - not that it would make it less un-essential - on the Eclectic label.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#21422) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 02, 2004

Review by Prog-jester
2 stars Even in their worst times CARAVAN are intelligent enough. Solid and even record, “The Album” is somewhere in between “Blind Dog…” and DONOVAN or THE MAMAS AND THE PAPAS. Not recommended in any way, but it’s interesting journey for early CARAVAN fans. Unfortunately, they didn’t get better after it, and their later studio albums fall into the same line. Nice and inescapable addition for die-hard CARAVAN fan collection, but don’t bother if you still haven’t made your mind towards their best efforts.

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#124838) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars SHOULD I COME BACK OR SHOULD I STAY AWAY (PART X)

This is frankly the question. Dave is back again in the band. But what for? This is a major flop IMO. One out of many of course in the early eighties from a prog point of view. At the end of the day, where were the great bands of the seventies (even if "Caravan" has never belonged to my fave ones)?

Gone are the days of their exquisite and so personal music that could be found on "For Girls". This one is just a poor I don't know what album. No genre can be associated with this album. Only that it is poor from start to finish.

Attempts to rock like "Make Yourself At Home" completely fails. And the awful disco "Golden Mile" just show you the quick way to the toilets. Run fast if you want to avoid the vomiting thing to happen onto your pants.This is the absolute nadir of this band (so far).

There are not a single track that stands out on this album. A shame of course for Caravan. But they won't be the only ones to produce a crappy album I these eighties, right? There is even one ridiculous attempt to a reggae song in here. This genre was rather commercially successful at the time, and I liked quite a lot bands as Culture and Steel Pulse during those days to know what great reggae was all about. This one is just boring and useless. Does anyone need "Caravan" to turn into poor reggae? Definitely not!

One star and this is way too much for this extremely poor album.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#160504) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 01, 2008

Review by UMUR
2 stars The Album is the ninth full-length studio album by UK progressive rock act Caravan. Itīs been three years since their last album Better By Far (1977) was released and one could expect that those three years had been used wisely. Better By Far (1977) was a below standard album from the band though and I had my worries before listening to The Album.

The music is soft rock with only a few of the progressive elements left that made earlier albums by Caravan so great. The only song that gives small hints to their past greatness is Watcha Gonna Tell Me. Itīs be far the best song on the album with flute and those quirky fast vocal lines that I love from the old albums. Opener Heartbreaker and the song Piano Player are also respectable ( remember I didnīt say good), but the rest is rather bland and forgettable. Thereīs even a poor attempt to play white man reggae in the song Clear Blue Sky ( and no it doesnīt sound like UB40). Thatīs a disaster to my ears.

The musicianship is as good as usual and itīs rather interesting that David Sinclair has returned on the keyboards once again.

The production is good. Warm and pleasant and it suits the music perfectly.

The Album is unfortunately another below average album by Caravan and itīs hard not to get the thought that they really didnīt have much more to offer to the world of music at this point in their career. A 2 star rating is warranted. I must say that I had expected much more from the band after a three year recording break.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#210979) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 11, 2009

Review by Gooner
3 stars "The Album" is quite good. In fact, I like it a lot. It's very much like a pick & mix bowl of candies. It's a contribution of individual songs "played' by members of Caravan. I don't really consider it a Caravan album per se. "Heartbreaker" is a great pop rock song that would sound great on Waterloo Lily. "Corner Of Me Eye" is a track by Geoffrey Richardson that sounds like it may be a Caravan tune until it turns into progressive bluegrass during the instrumental part of the track. A great twist(Dixie Dregs/Little Feat anyone?). "Watcha Gonna Tell Me" has some nice electric piano and beautiful flute colourings and a flute solo from Geoffrey Richardson...and a great guitar/keyboard/guitar/keyboard exchange between Pye Hastings and Dave Sinclair. This is the best track on the album. Another track that would not sound out of place on Waterloo Lily. "Piano Player" has lyrics about drinking and smoking that only Caravan sing about with expertise. It's a very flighty piece with Geoffrey Richardson delivering an inspired solo on the viola. A track to listen to after a warm rain. "Make Yourself At Home" starts out like a Doobie Brothers track, then the unmistakable english vocals are present with a relaxed/loose/slacker sound in the playing by the band. There's a weird vocoder effect on the vocal. Very cool! Uh oh, in comes the disco with the track "Golden Mile". No worse than "Summer Lightning" from Camel's Breathless, really. "Golden Mile" reminds me of something one might here on the Cafe Jacques album "Round The Back"(which also features Geoffrey Richardson). "Bright Shiny Day" is just that. A happy track. Off to Jamaica with the reggae of "Clear Blue Sky"(Police meets Dire Straits?). Nice guitar work from Pye Hastings. "Keepin' Up De Fences" is another great track and it concludes the album. Caravan with timbales? Yes, indeed. This one reminds me of something off Gentle Giant's "Civilian", yet I can't put my finger on it. A lively track this one - the boys sounding like "Caravan" with a nice keyboard/guitar/keyboard exchange. I have to say that I love albums like this on progarchives.com. The low ratings are unwarranted. it all depends on your taste. If you enjoy the Camel albums "Breathless" and "I Can See Your House From Here", then you'll certainly find something to enjoy with "The Album". An initial listen may not impress, but try it over several listens and you will be rewarded. A great rock & roll album for fans of Steely Dan and Dire Straits. Not very "progressive" but very competent. A great addition to anyone's collection, regardless.

Send comments to Gooner (BETA) | Report this review (#403562) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 19, 2011

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
2 stars First of all let me say that my vinyl copy of the album doesn't have that anonymous cover sheet that's on PA. It has a sort of aztec pyramid with "The Album" written in the stones.....

Unfortunately it's the only "epic" thing that I can find in it.

The return of David Sinclair didn't bring all the good that one could have expected and what they were perhaps intending as a sort of reunion resulted in a big disappointment.

The opener is enough to understand what this album is made for. "Heartbreaker" is a mixture of Supertramp and Climax Blues Band. Nothing to do with the band of Winter Wine. The finger picking of "Corner Of My Eye" is not bad if you like country music. I personally like this song, but it's absolutely non-essential.

"What'cha Gonna Tell Me" is a partially successful attempt to sound as in the past, but it's clear that it's not Jimmy Hastings to play the flute. The piano riff is good and the song sounds "Caravan enough".

I'm relistening to this album after years and it's not so awful as I was remembering. "Piano Player" is not a masterpiece but I don't dislike it.

Going to the B side we find a piece of trivial brit-pop like "Make Yourself At Home" followed by the disco-funky of "Golden Mile". Two tracks to skip, but after them the brit chill-out of "Bright Shiny Day" is not that bad. A kind of newage....

What do Caravan have to do with Reggae? It's not their pot. This song makes me thing to Wishbone Ash. They have a little piece of reggae in Pilgrimage, but their one is good. At least this should have been "reggae" also in the chorus.

"Keeping Up The Fences" just doesn't do anything for me. I had totally forgotten this song, probably because I've rarely been able to run the whole album in a shot. This song is not bad if you like things like Wishbone Ash "Front Page News", but this is not what one can expect from Caravan.

I'm undecided between one and two stars. Looking at my other one-star ratings on PA I think I can be generous and go for two, but if you are not fans there's no reason to invest money in this stuff.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#427407) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 04, 2011

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars The Disco Album

Caravan entered the 80's with this Disco-infected Pop Rock album, simply titled The Album. The first two tracks are upbeat, simple Pop-Disco tunes that feel void of inspiration, but with Watcha Gonna Tell Me there is at least some first indication that they still had at least some progressive aspirations. Some nice flute and keyboard sounds there. Piano Player is a pleasant enough piano-driven semi-ballad not far away from the style of Supertramp. Electric Light Orchestra (of the late 70's) is another reference point for this album. It only occasionally sounds like a Caravan album.

Several more dull and uninspired tracks follow, and it is not until the Reggae of Clear Blue Sky that there is again anything even slightly interesting. But interesting does not equal good. The Album is another one of a long string of rather uninspired albums from Caravan.

Like the previous two albums, this one is recommended for fans and collectors

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#1129581) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 10, 2014

3 stars Caravan's ninth record which opened up the eighties was a step down for the band. Just look at the cover. It's black and has a minimalistic design and I don't like to look at it. "Better by far" hadn't a very nice cover either but it was better. This album is the lowest rated Caravan album of ... (read more)

Report this review (#1088556) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Wednesday, December 11, 2013 | Review Permanlink

1 stars It's really hard for a Caravan-fan to say this, but listening to this album is just torture. The only decent song is Keeping Up The Fences and by that I mean listenable for a minute. I know this is harsh but where is the energy? Maybe I understand now why Dave Sinclair needed a breeze of fresh ... (read more)

Report this review (#344550) | Posted by BrainStillLife | Monday, December 06, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Not a masterpiece, but not a disaster. Dave Sinclair is back, and, needless to say, his stuff is the best: "Watcha gonna tell me" and "Piano Player" * are good indeed. "Make yourself at home" ** and Pye's "Keeping up De Fences" are nice songs, too. There are also some strange episodes such as disc ... (read more)

Report this review (#282816) | Posted by pied piper | Thursday, May 20, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Oh dear - such a great band - such a poor album (for their high standards). I disagree with other reviewers who pick out the reggae track "clear blue sky" as this track apitomises the root of the problem with this album - which is this viola and guitar player Geoff Richardson was given too mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#93058) | Posted by Mark Roberts | Monday, October 02, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars If after "better by far" you thought, that it can't get worse, you were wrong. Most of the songs here are depressingly soapy, boring and uninspired "ballads" sung by Pye Hastings. If "clear blue sky"(with a touch of reagge) or "golden mile" seem a little bit better than the rest of the album, ... (read more)

Report this review (#44112) | Posted by kajetan | Wednesday, August 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CARAVAN "The Album"