THE ALBUM

Collectors/fans only

Buy CARAVAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. Heartbreaker (3:06)
2. Corner of me eye (3:37)
3. Watcha gonna tell me (4:48)
4. Piano player (5:24)
5. Make yourself at home (3:26)
6. Golden mile (3:12)
7. Bright shiny day (6:17)
8. Clear blue sky (6:25)
9. Keepin' up the fences (5:17)

Bonus tracks on Eclectic remaster (2004):
10. Heartbreaker (single version) (3:40)
11. It's Never Too Late (6:24)

Search CARAVAN The Album lyrics

Search CARAVAN The Album tabs

- Richard Coughlan / drums
- Pye Hastings / guitars, vocals
- Dek Messecar / bass, backing vocals
- Geoff Richardson / guitar, viola, flute, vocals
- David Sinclair / keyboards

LP Kingdom CDKVL 9003 (1980)
CD Eclectic 1011 (2004 remaster)

and to Joolz for the last updates

CARAVAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CARAVAN The Album Music

Live at the Fairfield HallsLive at the Fairfield Halls
Polygram UK 2002
Caravan & The New SymphoniaCaravan & The New Symphonia
Polygram UK 2001
Joe DUrso & Stone Caravan : Rock and Roll Station CD (2000) US $9.24 Buy It Now 52m 2s
VINTAGE Vincent Youmans Dance Album Barry Winton RED VINYL 45 RPM Caravan RARE US $22.00 [0 bids]
Linda Purl - Midnight Caravan CD US $17.80 Buy It Now 2h 50m
Caravan - Man & Buffalo CD US $19.58 Buy It Now 3h 3m
Dub Caravan - Nomadic Fusions CD US $15.20 Buy It Now 3h 11m
BESIDE MY CARAVAN, Original 30's Sheet Music,ALFREDO & HIS GIPSY ORCHESTRA US $19.32 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Caravan Palace - Panic (2013) US $17.51 Buy It Now 3h 35m
ROBIN TROWER "CARAVAN TO MIDNIGHT" 1978 CLASSIC ROCK NEAR MINT CONDITION US $5.15 [2 bids]
CARAVAN PALACE - PANIC (IMPORT) NEW CD US $51.79 Buy It Now 3h 40m
SAINT ST. JUST VIGILANTES: SWANS EVANGELIST LATHE CUT 7" STATIC CARAVAN / NEW US $9.64 Buy It Now 3h 43m
CARAVAN - MAN & BUFFALO (LTD) NEW CD US $22.38 Buy It Now 4h 20m
STATIC CARAVAN.T-SHIRT LARGE.NEW BLACK US $9.64 Buy It Now 4h 44m
ART BLAKEY - CARAVAN / BUHAINA'S DELIGHT NEW CD US $18.07 Buy It Now 4h 51m
Swing 45 Big Bucks / Caravan US $2.00 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Caravan - Blind Dog at St.Dunstans Japan Cd Mini Lp Replica Album US $30.00 [0 bids]
Xhol Caravan + Current 93 / Nurse With Wound / Christoph Heemann - Motherfuckers US $71.99 Buy It Now 5h 58m
CARAVAN 2041 R D BURMAN EP Record INDIA bollywood-292 US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 2m
CARAVAN 2128 R D BURMAN EP Record INDIA bollywood-983 US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 3m
CARAVAN 2129 R D BURMAN EP Record INDIA bollywood-983 US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Cunning Stunts by Caravan (CD, Jun-2010, Repetoire) US $14.56 Buy It Now 6h 22m
Cunning Stunts by Caravan (CD, Jul-2006, Repertoire) US $14.85 Buy It Now 6h 23m
Caravan - Panorama Vision Japan Edition CD B3 US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 37m
rare TOMMY SCOTT & HIS COUNTRY CARAVAN SEALED LP High flyin country US $8.00 Buy It Now 8h 4m
Casa Loma Caravan, Glen Gray & the Casa Loma Orchestra, 12", excellent condition US $12.00 [0 bids]
Bourne Bill - Songs From A Gypsy Caravan NEW CD US $16.69 Buy It Now 8h 15m
Quincy Jones Big Band, Caravan, 12" 45rpm LP, Mercury- Japan, 45S-6 US $21.00 Buy It Now 8h 33m
INSPIRAL CARPETS PROMO SINGLE~CARAVAN/SKIDOO US $1.59 [0 bids]
The Gospel Singing Caravans - Caravan Caravan Caravan - LP US $3.00 Buy It Now 9h 41m
THE BEST OF DOBOSKY Magic swan 7" INDIE Static caravan US $3.20 Buy It Now 10h 38m
THE GRACE PERIOD Mod killer 7" INDIE Static caravan US $3.20 Buy It Now 10h 38m
CARAVAN - CUNNING STUNTS - RARE DECCA CASSETTE US $8.05 [1 bids]
CARAVAN Blind Dog at St Dunstans White Label DJ lp US $11.99 Buy It Now 11h 10m
CARAVAN I wish I were stoned See for Miles lp US $19.99 Buy It Now 11h 14m
JOHN G PERRY Sunset Wading OBI For MINI LP CD JAPAN New CARAVAN US $4.99 Buy It Now 11h 41m
NEW Playtime/Blues Caravan by CD-JEWEL CASE Book Free Shipping US $27.72 Buy It Now 12h 8m
Caravan - Waterloo Lily [Remastered] NEW CD US $7.90 Buy It Now 12h 9m
Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again (Remastered) US $16.95 Buy It Now 12h 17m
45 RECORD JOE VALINO GARDEN OF EDEN, CARAVAN US $5.60 Buy It Now 12h 17m
Caravan - If I could do it all over again 1970 LP US $15.29 [3 bids]
PETER ULRICH - THE PAINTED CARAVAN CD US $4.01 [0 bids]
## HOCTOR RECORDS - DANCIN' AT THE CARAVAN VOLUME 4 LP SOUL FUNK BREAKS HLPS4269 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You - Cd Album US $12.86 Buy It Now 12h 34m
GOLDFRAPP CARAVAN GIRL ORIGINAL RELEASE PICTURE DISC RECORD CLOCK US $24.13 Buy It Now 12h 51m
American Caravan 10 LP Box Set in Near Mint Condition US $12.99 Buy It Now 13h 20m
CD Duke Ellington Caravan Imported From Spain RARE Best Songs US $79.99 Buy It Now 13h 38m
CARAVAN In The Land Of Grey And Pink LP Original UK Deram/Decca 1971 VG/EX US $80.47 [0 bids]
CARAVAN**CUNNING STUNTS**CD US $13.95 Buy It Now 13h 40m
CARAVAN**IN THE LAND OF GREY AND PINK (RM)**CD US $13.95 Buy It Now 14h
CHAMBERLAIN EXIT 263 LP 2003 USA Hometown Caravan EX+ Copy US $24.13 Buy It Now 14h 6m
CARAVAN - Blind Dog At St Dunstans ~ VINYL LP US $30.57 [0 bids]
Caravan by Art Blakey/Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers *New Vinyl LP* US $15.54 Buy It Now 14h 34m
Santo and Johnny "Caravan" and "Summertime" 45rpm US $9.10 Buy It Now 14h 41m
Grand Caravan 3 Melancholy Gypsies To The Rim of the World Original VG++/M- US $8.50 Buy It Now 15h 11m
Ronald S. Jackson - Live at The Caravan... - LP SEALED US $22.99 Buy It Now 15h 20m
HEAR! Teen Promo Rare 45 MERL BECKER AND THE CARAVAN Ashes Of Love on Elsam (Pro US $15.00 Buy It Now 15h 21m
ART BLAKEY Caravan Freddie Hubbard Curtis Fuller LP US $24.97 Buy It Now 15h 25m
Charlie Barnet, Caravan/Darktown Strutter's Ball, Apollo 1070 US $13.00 Buy It Now 15h 30m
Jimmy Caravan Hey Jude Beatles Doors OtisRedding covers IsaacHayes organ soul US $9.99 [0 bids]
Putumayo Presents: Gypsy Caravan - Various Artists CD VG US $5.48 Buy It Now 15h 49m
SPEED CARAVAN - KALASHNIK LOVE NEW CD US $30.64 Buy It Now 15h 58m
Panic - Caravan Palace New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $34.28 Buy It Now 16h 8m
ROSENBERG TRIO - CARAVAN NEW CD US $27.40 Buy It Now 16h 51m
JOHN LA BARBERA - CARAVAN NEW CD US $20.22 Buy It Now 16h 51m
The Move, Yardbirds, Caravan, Deep Purple, Small Faces - U.K. cd - RARE! US $14.95 Buy It Now 17h 9m
45 RPM - Charles Magnante Wizard - Caravan / Dizzy / Dark - 3 Record Set US $29.99 Buy It Now 17h 11m
Gypsy Caravan Putumayo CD - 2001 music from Hungary, Macedonia, Servia, France US $4.98 [0 bids]
CARAVAN - LIVE AT THE FAIRFIELD HALLS NEW CD US $18.79 Buy It Now 17h 20m
ISLEY JASPER ISLEY -CARAVAN OF LOVE -7 TRACKS-EARLY PRESS CD-1985-FREE FASTPOST US $28.96 Buy It Now 17h 22m
SQUIRREL NUT ZIPPES - CHRISTMAS CARAVAN & PERENNIAL FAVOURITES - ADVANCE-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Caravan Palace by Caravan Palace *New CD* US $11.26 Buy It Now 18h 30m
Rush Caravan BU2B 7" PS Record Store Day RSD NEW!! VERY RARE!! US $49.99 [0 bids]
Robin Trower - Caravan To Midnight - Play Graded - VG+/VG+ US $4.00 [0 bids]
"Classic Rock" "Caravan" "Plump In The Night" "Rare Lp" US $12.99 [0 bids]
ED WATSON & BRASS CIRCLE Dancing At You Own LP Caravan US $30.95 Buy It Now 18h 48m
The Housemartins Caravan Of Love (PS) 7" Vinyl Single US $8.05 Buy It Now 18h 52m
AYNSLEY LISTER/ERJA LYYTINEN/IAN PARKER (BLUES CARAVAN) - PILGRIMAGE CD digipack US $17.47 Buy It Now 18h 53m
CARAVAN-IN THE LAND OF GREY AND PINK-JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD Ltd/Ed I50 US $38.99 Buy It Now 18h 54m
Caravan A Hunting We Shall Go Live in 1974 LP SEALED audiophile 180 gram press US $34.99 Buy It Now 19h 17m
CARAVAN-IN THE LAND OF GREY AND PINK-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed G00 US $28.99 Buy It Now 20h 17m
CARAVAN-FOR GIRLS WHO GROW PLUMP IN THE NIGHT-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-SACD Ltd/Ed K25 US $45.50 Buy It Now 20h 25m
CARAVAN - IN THE LAND OF GREY AND PINK, PS 593 LONDON US $50.00 Buy It Now 20h 42m
Various - Comedy Caravan - LP ('56)Griffith, Yorgesson, Kari, Freeberg, Standley US $10.22 Buy It Now 20h 48m
CARAVAN-FOR GIRLS WHO GROW PLUMP IN THE NIGHT-JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD I50 US $38.99 Buy It Now 20h 56m
NEAR MIN JAPANESE PRESSING! CARAVAN "For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night " US $15.00 [0 bids]
MEDICINE BALL CARAVAN LP ALICE COOPER, B B KING, YOUNGBLOODS, DELANEY US $5.99 Buy It Now 21h 5m
^ CARAVAN waterloo lily UICY-94329 JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD US $44.99 Buy It Now 21h 27m
^ CARAVAN best of caravan live UICY-94333 JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD US $49.99 Buy It Now 21h 27m
^ CARAVAN caravan UICY-94326 JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD US $42.99 Buy It Now 21h 30m
^ CARAVAN for girls who grow plump in the night UICY-94330 JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD US $42.99 Buy It Now 21h 30m
CHUBBY JACKSON'S RHYTHM Head Quarters/Sam's Caravan KEYNOTE 625 E/EE- LISTEN US $5.99 Buy It Now 21h 30m
CARAVAN-FOR GIRLS WHO GROW PLUMP IN THE NIGHT-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed G00 US $28.99 Buy It Now 22h 18m
Original US 1975 1st.Pressing ~CARAVAN Cunning Stunts~LP Prog psych 70's Rock US $9.99 [0 bids]
A Very Special Grace Hardy Brundage Marianne Caravan CLPS-7501 LP record SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 47m
JAVIER GUTIERREZ & VIVAZ - LATIN CARAVAN NEW CD US $27.40 Buy It Now 1 day
Cunning Stunts LP by Caravan - Request Records 1988 US $9.66 [0 bids]
ZOMBI(STEVE MOORE)SLOW OSCILLATIONS,7'' STATIC CARAVAN NEW US $9.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan - A Night's Tale (SFMCD275) US $14.47 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night UK Original LP 1st Deram Label !! US $59.95 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN OF MUGHAM MELODIES / VARIOUS NEW CD US $28.83 Buy It Now 1 day
'WHERE MY CARAVAN HAS RESTED' - Vintage Sheet Music BY HERMANN LOHR US $19.32 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CARAVAN music online Buy CARAVAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CARAVAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CARAVAN The Album ratings distribution

CARAVAN The Album reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars I think that the title says it all. No inspiration. Only Clear Blue Sky - a reggae - manages some interest from my ears , the rest being really a lacklustre collection of uninspired songs . I am so sorry one of my favorite band ever got so low . This one did come out on Cd but look elsewhere as there are tons of Caravan records to investigate before delving for this one.

While rewriting my Blind Dog review, I had a chance to add this and tell you that this got a second release (remastered ) with a few Bonus Tracks - not that it would make it less un-essential - on the Eclectic label.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#21422) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 02, 2004

Review by Prog-jester
2 stars Even in their worst times CARAVAN are intelligent enough. Solid and even record, “The Album” is somewhere in between “Blind Dog…” and DONOVAN or THE MAMAS AND THE PAPAS. Not recommended in any way, but it’s interesting journey for early CARAVAN fans. Unfortunately, they didn’t get better after it, and their later studio albums fall into the same line. Nice and inescapable addition for die-hard CARAVAN fan collection, but don’t bother if you still haven’t made your mind towards their best efforts.

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#124838) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars SHOULD I COME BACK OR SHOULD I STAY AWAY (PART X)

This is frankly the question. Dave is back again in the band. But what for? This is a major flop IMO. One out of many of course in the early eighties from a prog point of view. At the end of the day, where were the great bands of the seventies (even if "Caravan" has never belonged to my fave ones)?

Gone are the days of their exquisite and so personal music that could be found on "For Girls". This one is just a poor I don't know what album. No genre can be associated with this album. Only that it is poor from start to finish.

Attempts to rock like "Make Yourself At Home" completely fails. And the awful disco "Golden Mile" just show you the quick way to the toilets. Run fast if you want to avoid the vomiting thing to happen onto your pants.This is the absolute nadir of this band (so far).

There are not a single track that stands out on this album. A shame of course for Caravan. But they won't be the only ones to produce a crappy album I these eighties, right? There is even one ridiculous attempt to a reggae song in here. This genre was rather commercially successful at the time, and I liked quite a lot bands as Culture and Steel Pulse during those days to know what great reggae was all about. This one is just boring and useless. Does anyone need "Caravan" to turn into poor reggae? Definitely not!

One star and this is way too much for this extremely poor album.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#160504) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 01, 2008

Review by UMUR
2 stars The Album is the ninth full-length studio album by UK progressive rock act Caravan. Itīs been three years since their last album Better By Far (1977) was released and one could expect that those three years had been used wisely. Better By Far (1977) was a below standard album from the band though and I had my worries before listening to The Album.

The music is soft rock with only a few of the progressive elements left that made earlier albums by Caravan so great. The only song that gives small hints to their past greatness is Watcha Gonna Tell Me. Itīs be far the best song on the album with flute and those quirky fast vocal lines that I love from the old albums. Opener Heartbreaker and the song Piano Player are also respectable ( remember I didnīt say good), but the rest is rather bland and forgettable. Thereīs even a poor attempt to play white man reggae in the song Clear Blue Sky ( and no it doesnīt sound like UB40). Thatīs a disaster to my ears.

The musicianship is as good as usual and itīs rather interesting that David Sinclair has returned on the keyboards once again.

The production is good. Warm and pleasant and it suits the music perfectly.

The Album is unfortunately another below average album by Caravan and itīs hard not to get the thought that they really didnīt have much more to offer to the world of music at this point in their career. A 2 star rating is warranted. I must say that I had expected much more from the band after a three year recording break.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#210979) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 11, 2009

Review by Gooner
3 stars "The Album" is quite good. In fact, I like it a lot. It's very much like a pick & mix bowl of candies. It's a contribution of individual songs "played' by members of Caravan. I don't really consider it a Caravan album per se. "Heartbreaker" is a great pop rock song that would sound great on Waterloo Lily. "Corner Of Me Eye" is a track by Geoffrey Richardson that sounds like it may be a Caravan tune until it turns into progressive bluegrass during the instrumental part of the track. A great twist(Dixie Dregs/Little Feat anyone?). "Watcha Gonna Tell Me" has some nice electric piano and beautiful flute colourings and a flute solo from Geoffrey Richardson...and a great guitar/keyboard/guitar/keyboard exchange between Pye Hastings and Dave Sinclair. This is the best track on the album. Another track that would not sound out of place on Waterloo Lily. "Piano Player" has lyrics about drinking and smoking that only Caravan sing about with expertise. It's a very flighty piece with Geoffrey Richardson delivering an inspired solo on the viola. A track to listen to after a warm rain. "Make Yourself At Home" starts out like a Doobie Brothers track, then the unmistakable english vocals are present with a relaxed/loose/slacker sound in the playing by the band. There's a weird vocoder effect on the vocal. Very cool! Uh oh, in comes the disco with the track "Golden Mile". No worse than "Summer Lightning" from Camel's Breathless, really. "Golden Mile" reminds me of something one might here on the Cafe Jacques album "Round The Back"(which also features Geoffrey Richardson). "Bright Shiny Day" is just that. A happy track. Off to Jamaica with the reggae of "Clear Blue Sky"(Police meets Dire Straits?). Nice guitar work from Pye Hastings. "Keepin' Up De Fences" is another great track and it concludes the album. Caravan with timbales? Yes, indeed. This one reminds me of something off Gentle Giant's "Civilian", yet I can't put my finger on it. A lively track this one - the boys sounding like "Caravan" with a nice keyboard/guitar/keyboard exchange. I have to say that I love albums like this on progarchives.com. The low ratings are unwarranted. it all depends on your taste. If you enjoy the Camel albums "Breathless" and "I Can See Your House From Here", then you'll certainly find something to enjoy with "The Album". An initial listen may not impress, but try it over several listens and you will be rewarded. A great rock & roll album for fans of Steely Dan and Dire Straits. Not very "progressive" but very competent. A great addition to anyone's collection, regardless.

Send comments to Gooner (BETA) | Report this review (#403562) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 19, 2011

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
2 stars First of all let me say that my vinyl copy of the album doesn't have that anonymous cover sheet that's on PA. It has a sort of aztec pyramid with "The Album" written in the stones.....

Unfortunately it's the only "epic" thing that I can find in it.

The return of David Sinclair didn't bring all the good that one could have expected and what they were perhaps intending as a sort of reunion resulted in a big disappointment.

The opener is enough to understand what this album is made for. "Heartbreaker" is a mixture of Supertramp and Climax Blues Band. Nothing to do with the band of Winter Wine. The finger picking of "Corner Of My Eye" is not bad if you like country music. I personally like this song, but it's absolutely non-essential.

"What'cha Gonna Tell Me" is a partially successful attempt to sound as in the past, but it's clear that it's not Jimmy Hastings to play the flute. The piano riff is good and the song sounds "Caravan enough".

I'm relistening to this album after years and it's not so awful as I was remembering. "Piano Player" is not a masterpiece but I don't dislike it.

Going to the B side we find a piece of trivial brit-pop like "Make Yourself At Home" followed by the disco-funky of "Golden Mile". Two tracks to skip, but after them the brit chill-out of "Bright Shiny Day" is not that bad. A kind of newage....

What do Caravan have to do with Reggae? It's not their pot. This song makes me thing to Wishbone Ash. They have a little piece of reggae in Pilgrimage, but their one is good. At least this should have been "reggae" also in the chorus.

"Keeping Up The Fences" just doesn't do anything for me. I had totally forgotten this song, probably because I've rarely been able to run the whole album in a shot. This song is not bad if you like things like Wishbone Ash "Front Page News", but this is not what one can expect from Caravan.

I'm undecided between one and two stars. Looking at my other one-star ratings on PA I think I can be generous and go for two, but if you are not fans there's no reason to invest money in this stuff.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#427407) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 04, 2011

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars The Disco Album

Caravan entered the 80's with this Disco-infected Pop Rock album, simply titled The Album. The first two tracks are upbeat, simple Pop-Disco tunes that feel void of inspiration, but with Watcha Gonna Tell Me there is at least some first indication that they still had at least some progressive aspirations. Some nice flute and keyboard sounds there. Piano Player is a pleasant enough piano-driven semi-ballad not far away from the style of Supertramp. Electric Light Orchestra (of the late 70's) is another reference point for this album. It only occasionally sounds like a Caravan album.

Several more dull and uninspired tracks follow, and it is not until the Reggae of Clear Blue Sky that there is again anything even slightly interesting. But interesting does not equal good. The Album is another one of a long string of rather uninspired albums from Caravan.

Like the previous two albums, this one is recommended for fans and collectors

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#1129581) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 10, 2014

3 stars Caravan's ninth record which opened up the eighties was a step down for the band. Just look at the cover. It's black and has a minimalistic design and I don't like to look at it. "Better by far" hadn't a very nice cover either but it was better. This album is the lowest rated Caravan album of ... (read more)

Report this review (#1088556) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Wednesday, December 11, 2013 | Review Permanlink

1 stars It's really hard for a Caravan-fan to say this, but listening to this album is just torture. The only decent song is Keeping Up The Fences and by that I mean listenable for a minute. I know this is harsh but where is the energy? Maybe I understand now why Dave Sinclair needed a breeze of fresh ... (read more)

Report this review (#344550) | Posted by BrainStillLife | Monday, December 06, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Not a masterpiece, but not a disaster. Dave Sinclair is back, and, needless to say, his stuff is the best: "Watcha gonna tell me" and "Piano Player" * are good indeed. "Make yourself at home" ** and Pye's "Keeping up De Fences" are nice songs, too. There are also some strange episodes such as disc ... (read more)

Report this review (#282816) | Posted by pied piper | Thursday, May 20, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Oh dear - such a great band - such a poor album (for their high standards). I disagree with other reviewers who pick out the reggae track "clear blue sky" as this track apitomises the root of the problem with this album - which is this viola and guitar player Geoff Richardson was given too mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#93058) | Posted by Mark Roberts | Monday, October 02, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars If after "better by far" you thought, that it can't get worse, you were wrong. Most of the songs here are depressingly soapy, boring and uninspired "ballads" sung by Pye Hastings. If "clear blue sky"(with a touch of reagge) or "golden mile" seem a little bit better than the rest of the album, ... (read more)

Report this review (#44112) | Posted by kajetan | Wednesday, August 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CARAVAN "The Album"