THE ALBUM

Collectors/fans only

Buy CARAVAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. Heartbreaker (3:06)
2. Corner Of Me Eye (3:37)
3. Watcha Gonna Tell Me (4:48)
4. Piano Player (5:24)
5. Make Yourself At Home (3:26)
6. Golden Mile (3:12)
7. Bright Shiny Day (6:17)
8. Clear Blue Sky (6:25)
9. Keepin' Up The Fences (5:17)

Bonus tracks on Eclectic remaster (2004):
10. Heartbreaker (Single version, A-Side) (3:40)
11. It's Never Too Late (Single B-Side) (6:24)

- Pye Hastings / guitars, vocals
- David Sinclair / keyboards (piano, electric piano, organ, synth)
- Geoff Richardson / guitar, viola, flute, vocals
- Dek Messecar / bass, backing vocals
- Richard Coughlan / drums

LP Kingdom Records - KVL 9003 (1980, UK)

CD Kingdom Records ‎- CDKVL 9003 (1991, UK)
CD Eclectic Discs ‎- ECLCD 1011 (2004, UK) Remastered by Paschal Byrne w/ 2 bonus tracks and different cover art

and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy CARAVAN The Album Music

Caravan - The Album - Lp Vinyl RecordCaravan - The Album - Lp Vinyl Record
Kingdom Records
The AlbumThe Album
Remastered
Eclectic Discs 2004
$74.99
LITTLE SWING HOUSE VINYL LP RECORD ALBUMLITTLE SWING HOUSE VINYL LP RECORD ALBUM
FLAT FIVE ROANOKE VIRGINIA
$24.00
The Album by CaravanThe Album by Caravan
Eclectic Discs
$137.50
The Album by CaravanThe Album by Caravan
Eclectic Discs
$137.50
Caravan - The Album - Kingdom Records - INT 147.800 (KVL 9003)Caravan - The Album - Kingdom Records - INT 147.800 (KVL 9003)
Kingdom Records
SHOW OF OUR LIVES LP (VINYL ALBUM) UK DECCA 1981SHOW OF OUR LIVES LP (VINYL ALBUM) UK DECCA 1981
Decca

Caravan Palace (CD Used Like New) USD $14.34 Buy It Now 4h 16m
Caravan - Wander Around - Japan CD+DVD - NEW J-POP USD $18.50 Buy It Now 5h 15m
Caravan / Muczynski - Single Reed Expressions: A Clarinet & Sax Recital Vol. 5 [ USD $11.79 Buy It Now 6h 11m
Caravan - Waterloo Lily (CD Used Like New) USD $8.24 Buy It Now 6h 19m
Caravan Palace - Panic CARAVAN Place(Digi Pack Bonus Tracks) [CD] USD $12.07 Buy It Now 6h 59m
Caravan / Muczynski - Single Reed Expressions: A Clarinet & Sax Recital Vol. 5 [ USD $9.61 Buy It Now 8h 25m
Caravan - Cunning Stunts CD - DERAM 844 126-2 - 7 Track USD $3.98 [0 bids]
Caravan - The Canterbury Collection - CD - 1986 - USD $9.31 Buy It Now 12h 9m
Caravan - The Unauthorised Breakfast Item (2003) - CD - ECLCD 1001 - USD $11.57 Buy It Now 12h 9m
Caravan - Caravan - 1st - (2002) - CD - Mono / Stereo Albums on 1 CD + 1 Bonus - USD $8.64 Buy It Now 12h 9m
CARAVAN - TRAVELLING WAYS SEALED DOUBLE CD prog Canterbury USD $7.13 [0 bids]
Relief Split LP German vinyl LP album record NUMBER003 HOMTOWN CARAVAN USD $17.89 Buy It Now 15h 7m
Neptune Towers - Caravans To Empire Algol (Vinyl Used Like New) USD $14.95 Buy It Now 15h 20m
Caravan Go - Moving Still EP [New CD] USD $10.50 Buy It Now 15h 21m
Caravans - Best Of The Caravans - New Factory Sealed CD USD $10.89 Buy It Now 15h 36m
INSPIRAL CARPETS Caravan EP CD 1991 UK Import Pop Rock USD $1.68 Buy It Now 15h 40m
BERKLAND Caravan 1989 JAPAN CD album USD $13.60 Buy It Now 17h
Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It All Over You CD USD $4.09 [7 bids]
Caravan - Blind Dog At St Dunstans CD USD $5.58 [4 bids]
El Coco . Brazil Caravan New & Sealed Import 24 Bit Remastered CD USD $17.99 Buy It Now 17h 27m
Buddy Rich SEVEN (7) CLASSIC ALBUMS VOL 2 In Miami BLUES CARAVAN New Sealed 4 CD USD $12.99 Buy It Now 17h 29m
CARAVAN PALACE - ROBOT (CD) Sealed USD $17.29 Buy It Now 17h 58m
Caravan - With an Ear to the Ground [1991 Pickwick] USD $1.79 [0 bids]
Caravan Of Dreams - Peter White (CD 1996) USD $4.00 Buy It Now 20h 30m
Caravan Of Dreams - Peter White (CD 1996) USD $3.00 Buy It Now 20h 33m
Elusive Truth by Spirit Caravan (CD, May-2001, Tolotta Records) USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Jug Fulla Sun by Spirit Caravan (CD, Jul-2000, Tolotta Records) USD $9.99 [0 bids]
ST JUST VIGILANTES Pastor Of Oaks, Shepherd Of Stones CD UK Static Caravan 2008 USD $4.18 Buy It Now 22h 39m
Caravan - Land Of Grey & Pink (CD Used Like New) USD $7.71 Buy It Now 23h 16m
Caravan Palace 5060001274324 (CD Used Like New) USD $12.67 Buy It Now 23h 18m
Deborah Coleman - Blues Caravan: Guitars & Feathers [New CD] USD $16.74 Buy It Now 23h 22m
Crestliners - Let's Do It Again *Hurt Me* Caravan [Demo] Cassette Tape VG! #CT38 USD $10.33 Buy It Now 23h 29m
BROTHER TO BROTHER FEAT. ROXANA / THE LOST CARAVAN... USD $12.15 Buy It Now 23h 48m
Painted Caravan - Peter Collaboration Ulrich (CD Used Like New) USD $9.33 Buy It Now 23h 50m
RICHARD SINCLAIR R.S.V.P. CD U.K. Prog/Canterbury Rock, ex-Caravan, rsvp USD $26.99 Buy It Now 1 day
BIG DADDY WILSON & VANESSA COLLIER &...-BLUES CARAVAN 2017-JAPAN CD+DVD G09 USD $28.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan In The Land Of Grey And Pink - 2nd - EX UK vinyl LP album record USD $58.51 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN The Battle of Hastings CD Canterbury/Prog - Orig. Issue on HTD Records USD $17.09 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN The Album CD w/ Bonus Tracks, Remastered - on Eclectic Discs OOP, Scarce USD $53.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Earl Hines Earl's Backroom And Cozy's Caravan vinyl LP album record UK AFF167 USD $18.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Mike Batt Caravans vinyl LP album record UK 70164 CBS 1978 USD $18.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan / Muczynski / Stravinsky / Caravan - Single Reed Expr (CD Used Like New) USD $9.79 Buy It Now 1 day
GARDEN - ROUND & AND ROUND CD Static Caravan ?- VAN 113 Lord Skywave Simon Lord USD $4.66 Buy It Now 1 day
The Caravans - Return To Zero - Revival Rock & Roll/Rockabilly USD $19.91 Buy It Now 1 day
MARCO RAGNI - THE WANDERING CARAVAN 2018 CD PROG ROCK MINT! USD $2.29 [3 bids]
ART BLAKEY & THE JAZZ MESSENGERS Caravan JAPAN CD UCCO-9494 2008 NEW USD $310.46 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan * John Birks Gillespie USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan Palace-Caravan Palace CD NEW USD $23.54 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan Palace - Aftermath / Mighty Feat. Jfth: Extended Version [New Vinyl] 10" USD $10.43 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan: An Evening At The Brink Lounge USD $11.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan - Live at 2 Shepherd's Bush 2011 [Live 2xCD Album] USD $16.97 [0 bids]
Caravan Palace - Aftermath / Mighty Feat. Jfth: Extended Version [New Vinyl] 10" USD $11.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan Cunning Stunts JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD UICY-94332 USD $68.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Recorded Live in Concert at Metropolis Studios, London [Digipak] by Caravan (CD, USD $9.63 Buy It Now 1 day
Arrival by The Vintage Caravan (CD, May-2015, Nuclear Blast) USD $6.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Carus Thompson - Caravan - Carus Thompson CD 8IVG The Fast Free Shipping USD $6.21 Buy It Now 1 day
CD Album: Caravan : If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It All Over You USD $23.19 Buy It Now 1 day
New: CARAVAN-Place of My Own CD USD $7.88 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan by Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers (20 Bit Mastering) Limited Edition USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN -For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night (cd) USD $15.00 [0 bids]
CARAVAN LIVE ON AIR CD NEW SEALED FREE UK FAST POST USD $5.31 Buy It Now 2 days
Medicine Ball Caravan / O.S.T. 664140256521 (CD Used Like New) USD $10.02 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan - Blind Dog at St Dunstans [New CD] Japanese Mini-Lp Sleeve, Japan - Imp USD $30.13 Buy It Now 2 days
salvation the 1st album & gypsy carnival caravan cd USD $11.32 Buy It Now 2 days
ROBERT PLANT Manic Nirvana + 3 JAPAN CD Led Zeppelin The Honeydrippers Caravan USD $37.73 Buy It Now 2 days
Sealed! CARAVAN In The land of Grey JAPAN DSD SHM-SACD Ltd UIGY-9047 OBI CARD PS USD $99.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BUDDY RICH - PLAYTIME / BLUES CARAVAN 2 Albums On 1 CD (New & Sealed) CD USD $7.97 Buy It Now 2 days
CARAVAN In The Land Of Grey And Pink UIGY-9047 CD JAPAN 2010 SACD OBI USD $116.19 Buy It Now 2 days
SULTANS OF STRING - CHRISTMAS CARAVAN CD NEW+ USD $25.89 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan Go - Moving Still EP [New CD] USD $10.28 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan - In the Land of Grey and Pink - CD - Deram - 820 520-2 - Germany - USD $6.38 Buy It Now 2 days
CARAVAN GOGH - Self-Titled (2016) - CD - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** USD $16.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Bill Bourne - Songs from a Gypsy Caravan [New CD] USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Elvenking - Two Tragedy Poets (And A Caravan Of Weir (CD Used Like New) USD $13.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan-Access All Areas Vinyl / 12" Album NEW USD $28.50 Buy It Now 2 days
DUKE ELLINGTON All Time Favorites (CD, 1994) CARAVAN Love You Madly JAZZ New USD $3.17 Buy It Now 2 days
CARAVANS with Shirley Caesar * 23 Greatest Hits * NEW CD * All Original Songs USD $14.97 Buy It Now 2 days
cd-album, Oscarlima - Desert Caravan, 12 Tracks, Australia USD $3.74 Buy It Now 2 days
Burns & Kristy - Caravan [New CD] USD $16.92 Buy It Now 2 days
CD Superstar R&B Christmas The Platters Dobie Gray Drifters Caravans Miracles USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Art Blakey, Blakey & - Caravan / Buhaina's Delight [New CD] Rmst USD $10.11 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW Caravan Gogh (Audio CD) USD $15.82 Buy It Now 2 days
Galactic Caravan by Various Artists (CD, May-2002, ARK 21 (USA)) USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
CARAVAN-A NIGHT'S TALE-JAPAN SHM-CD F83 USD $27.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Joe d'Urso & Stone Caravan - Sway [New CD] USD $21.10 Buy It Now 2 days
Burns & Kristy - Caravan [New CD] USD $20.92 Buy It Now 3 days
LIVE AT STARBUCKS: "Caravan" +10 more (CD) RAY BROWN TRIO -G. Keezer, K. Riggins USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Vintage Caravan voyage LIMITED DIGIPAK +1 bonus trk CD NEW SEALED 2014 USD $3.38 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan Caravan & The New Symphonia - EX vinyl LP album record UK SML-R1110 USD $38.54 Buy It Now 3 days
CARAVAN, THE SYMPHONIA Caravan & New JAPAN CD POCD-1837 1991 USD $143.69 Buy It Now 3 days
VAN MORRISON - MOONDANCE D/Remaster CD ~ CARAVAN~AND IT STONED ME ~ 70's *NEW* USD $10.41 Buy It Now 3 days
Neptune Towers - Caravans to Empire Algol [New CD] USD $11.94 Buy It Now 3 days
CARAVAN If I Could Do It All Over Again, I'd You JAPAN CD UICY-20054 2010 OBI USD $80.15 Buy It Now 3 days
Blind Dog At St. Dunstans Caravan vinyl LP album record UK BTM1007 BTM 1976 USD $25.23 Buy It Now 3 days
In The Land Of Grey And Pink - 2nd Caravan UK vinyl LP album record SDL-R1 USD $71.82 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan - Songs for Oblivion Fishermen (1998) - CD - USD $11.57 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan - For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night (1990) - CD - Deram - Germany - USD $9.31 Buy It Now 3 days
Panic - Caravan Palace (CD Used Like New) USD $9.42 Buy It Now 3 days
SEALED NEW!! CARAVAN-For Girls Who Grow Plump ~ JAPAN Press Mini LP CD w/OBI USD $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CARAVAN-same JAPAN 1st.Press w/OBI Soft Machine National Health Hatfield North USD $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy CARAVAN music online Buy CARAVAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

CARAVAN The Album ratings distribution

CARAVAN The Album reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars I think that the title says it all. No inspiration. Only Clear Blue Sky - a reggae - manages some interest from my ears , the rest being really a lacklustre collection of uninspired songs . I am so sorry one of my favorite band ever got so low . This one did come out on Cd but look elsewhere as there are tons of Caravan records to investigate before delving for this one.

While rewriting my Blind Dog review, I had a chance to add this and tell you that this got a second release (remastered ) with a few Bonus Tracks - not that it would make it less un-essential - on the Eclectic label.

Review by Prog-jester
2 stars Even in their worst times CARAVAN are intelligent enough. Solid and even record, “The Album” is somewhere in between “Blind Dog…” and DONOVAN or THE MAMAS AND THE PAPAS. Not recommended in any way, but it’s interesting journey for early CARAVAN fans. Unfortunately, they didn’t get better after it, and their later studio albums fall into the same line. Nice and inescapable addition for die-hard CARAVAN fan collection, but don’t bother if you still haven’t made your mind towards their best efforts.
Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars SHOULD I COME BACK OR SHOULD I STAY AWAY (PART X)

This is frankly the question. Dave is back again in the band. But what for? This is a major flop IMO. One out of many of course in the early eighties from a prog point of view. At the end of the day, where were the great bands of the seventies (even if "Caravan" has never belonged to my fave ones)?

Gone are the days of their exquisite and so personal music that could be found on "For Girls". This one is just a poor I don't know what album. No genre can be associated with this album. Only that it is poor from start to finish.

Attempts to rock like "Make Yourself At Home" completely fails. And the awful disco "Golden Mile" just show you the quick way to the toilets. Run fast if you want to avoid the vomiting thing to happen onto your pants.This is the absolute nadir of this band (so far).

There are not a single track that stands out on this album. A shame of course for Caravan. But they won't be the only ones to produce a crappy album I these eighties, right? There is even one ridiculous attempt to a reggae song in here. This genre was rather commercially successful at the time, and I liked quite a lot bands as Culture and Steel Pulse during those days to know what great reggae was all about. This one is just boring and useless. Does anyone need "Caravan" to turn into poor reggae? Definitely not!

One star and this is way too much for this extremely poor album.

Review by UMUR
2 stars The Album is the ninth full-length studio album by UK progressive rock act Caravan. Itīs been three years since their last album Better By Far (1977) was released and one could expect that those three years had been used wisely. Better By Far (1977) was a below standard album from the band though and I had my worries before listening to The Album.

The music is soft rock with only a few of the progressive elements left that made earlier albums by Caravan so great. The only song that gives small hints to their past greatness is Watcha Gonna Tell Me. Itīs be far the best song on the album with flute and those quirky fast vocal lines that I love from the old albums. Opener Heartbreaker and the song Piano Player are also respectable ( remember I didnīt say good), but the rest is rather bland and forgettable. Thereīs even a poor attempt to play white man reggae in the song Clear Blue Sky ( and no it doesnīt sound like UB40). Thatīs a disaster to my ears.

The musicianship is as good as usual and itīs rather interesting that David Sinclair has returned on the keyboards once again.

The production is good. Warm and pleasant and it suits the music perfectly.

The Album is unfortunately another below average album by Caravan and itīs hard not to get the thought that they really didnīt have much more to offer to the world of music at this point in their career. A 2 star rating is warranted. I must say that I had expected much more from the band after a three year recording break.

Review by Gooner
3 stars "The Album" is quite good. In fact, I like it a lot. It's very much like a pick & mix bowl of candies. It's a contribution of individual songs "played' by members of Caravan. I don't really consider it a Caravan album per se. "Heartbreaker" is a great pop rock song that would sound great on Waterloo Lily. "Corner Of Me Eye" is a track by Geoffrey Richardson that sounds like it may be a Caravan tune until it turns into progressive bluegrass during the instrumental part of the track. A great twist(Dixie Dregs/Little Feat anyone?). "Watcha Gonna Tell Me" has some nice electric piano and beautiful flute colourings and a flute solo from Geoffrey Richardson...and a great guitar/keyboard/guitar/keyboard exchange between Pye Hastings and Dave Sinclair. This is the best track on the album. Another track that would not sound out of place on Waterloo Lily. "Piano Player" has lyrics about drinking and smoking that only Caravan sing about with expertise. It's a very flighty piece with Geoffrey Richardson delivering an inspired solo on the viola. A track to listen to after a warm rain. "Make Yourself At Home" starts out like a Doobie Brothers track, then the unmistakable english vocals are present with a relaxed/loose/slacker sound in the playing by the band. There's a weird vocoder effect on the vocal. Very cool! Uh oh, in comes the disco with the track "Golden Mile". No worse than "Summer Lightning" from Camel's Breathless, really. "Golden Mile" reminds me of something one might here on the Cafe Jacques album "Round The Back"(which also features Geoffrey Richardson). "Bright Shiny Day" is just that. A happy track. Off to Jamaica with the reggae of "Clear Blue Sky"(Police meets Dire Straits?). Nice guitar work from Pye Hastings. "Keepin' Up De Fences" is another great track and it concludes the album. Caravan with timbales? Yes, indeed. This one reminds me of something off Gentle Giant's "Civilian", yet I can't put my finger on it. A lively track this one - the boys sounding like "Caravan" with a nice keyboard/guitar/keyboard exchange. I have to say that I love albums like this on progarchives.com. The low ratings are unwarranted. it all depends on your taste. If you enjoy the Camel albums "Breathless" and "I Can See Your House From Here", then you'll certainly find something to enjoy with "The Album". An initial listen may not impress, but try it over several listens and you will be rewarded. A great rock & roll album for fans of Steely Dan and Dire Straits. Not very "progressive" but very competent. A great addition to anyone's collection, regardless.
Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams
2 stars First of all let me say that my vinyl copy of the album doesn't have that anonymous cover sheet that's on PA. It has a sort of aztec pyramid with "The Album" written in the stones.....

Unfortunately it's the only "epic" thing that I can find in it.

The return of David Sinclair didn't bring all the good that one could have expected and what they were perhaps intending as a sort of reunion resulted in a big disappointment.

The opener is enough to understand what this album is made for. "Heartbreaker" is a mixture of Supertramp and Climax Blues Band. Nothing to do with the band of Winter Wine. The finger picking of "Corner Of My Eye" is not bad if you like country music. I personally like this song, but it's absolutely non-essential.

"What'cha Gonna Tell Me" is a partially successful attempt to sound as in the past, but it's clear that it's not Jimmy Hastings to play the flute. The piano riff is good and the song sounds "Caravan enough".

I'm relistening to this album after years and it's not so awful as I was remembering. "Piano Player" is not a masterpiece but I don't dislike it.

Going to the B side we find a piece of trivial brit-pop like "Make Yourself At Home" followed by the disco-funky of "Golden Mile". Two tracks to skip, but after them the brit chill-out of "Bright Shiny Day" is not that bad. A kind of newage....

What do Caravan have to do with Reggae? It's not their pot. This song makes me thing to Wishbone Ash. They have a little piece of reggae in Pilgrimage, but their one is good. At least this should have been "reggae" also in the chorus.

"Keeping Up The Fences" just doesn't do anything for me. I had totally forgotten this song, probably because I've rarely been able to run the whole album in a shot. This song is not bad if you like things like Wishbone Ash "Front Page News", but this is not what one can expect from Caravan.

I'm undecided between one and two stars. Looking at my other one-star ratings on PA I think I can be generous and go for two, but if you are not fans there's no reason to invest money in this stuff.

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars The Disco Album

Caravan entered the 80's with this Disco-infected Pop Rock album, simply titled The Album. The first two tracks are upbeat, simple Pop-Disco tunes that feel void of inspiration, but with Watcha Gonna Tell Me there is at least some first indication that they still had at least some progressive aspirations. Some nice flute and keyboard sounds there. Piano Player is a pleasant enough piano-driven semi-ballad not far away from the style of Supertramp. Electric Light Orchestra (of the late 70's) is another reference point for this album. It only occasionally sounds like a Caravan album.

Several more dull and uninspired tracks follow, and it is not until the Reggae of Clear Blue Sky that there is again anything even slightly interesting. But interesting does not equal good. The Album is another one of a long string of rather uninspired albums from Caravan.

Like the previous two albums, this one is recommended for fans and collectors

3 stars Caravan's ninth record which opened up the eighties was a step down for the band. Just look at the cover. It's black and has a minimalistic design and I don't like to look at it. "Better by far" hadn't a very nice cover either but it was better. This album is the lowest rated Caravan album of ... (read more)

Report this review (#1088556) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Wednesday, December 11, 2013 | Review Permanlink

1 stars It's really hard for a Caravan-fan to say this, but listening to this album is just torture. The only decent song is Keeping Up The Fences and by that I mean listenable for a minute. I know this is harsh but where is the energy? Maybe I understand now why Dave Sinclair needed a breeze of fresh ... (read more)

Report this review (#344550) | Posted by BrainStillLife | Monday, December 6, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Not a masterpiece, but not a disaster. Dave Sinclair is back, and, needless to say, his stuff is the best: "Watcha gonna tell me" and "Piano Player" * are good indeed. "Make yourself at home" ** and Pye's "Keeping up De Fences" are nice songs, too. There are also some strange episodes such as disc ... (read more)

Report this review (#282816) | Posted by pied piper | Thursday, May 20, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars A very solid album. It's mostly pop/rock, but Caravan is doing a good job. They write memorable songs and write great melodies and all the songs have a different character. There's so much energy and I must say that Geoff Richardson adds a lot of colour to the sound of the band. The music he ... (read more)

Report this review (#189361) | Posted by Kingsnake | Saturday, November 15, 2008 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Oh dear - such a great band - such a poor album (for their high standards). I disagree with other reviewers who pick out the reggae track "clear blue sky" as this track apitomises the root of the problem with this album - which is this viola and guitar player Geoff Richardson was given too mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#93058) | Posted by Mark Roberts | Monday, October 2, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars If after "better by far" you thought, that it can't get worse, you were wrong. Most of the songs here are depressingly soapy, boring and uninspired "ballads" sung by Pye Hastings. If "clear blue sky"(with a touch of reagge) or "golden mile" seem a little bit better than the rest of the album, ... (read more)

Report this review (#44112) | Posted by kajetan | Wednesday, August 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CARAVAN "The Album"