THE ALBUM

Collectors/fans only

Buy CARAVAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. Heartbreaker (3:06)
2. Corner Of Me Eye (3:37)
3. Watcha Gonna Tell Me (4:48)
4. Piano Player (5:24)
5. Make Yourself At Home (3:26)
6. Golden Mile (3:12)
7. Bright Shiny Day (6:17)
8. Clear Blue Sky (6:25)
9. Keepin' Up The Fences (5:17)

Bonus tracks on Eclectic remaster (2004):
10. Heartbreaker (Single version, A-Side) (3:40)
11. It's Never Too Late (Single B-Side) (6:24)

- Pye Hastings / guitars, vocals
- David Sinclair / keyboards (piano, electric piano, organ, synth)
- Geoff Richardson / guitar, viola, flute, vocals
- Dek Messecar / bass, backing vocals
- Richard Coughlan / drums

LP Kingdom Records - KVL 9003 (1980, UK)

CD Kingdom Records ‎- CDKVL 9003 (1991, UK)
CD Eclectic Discs ‎- ECLCD 1011 (2004, UK) Remastered by Paschal Byrne w/ 2 bonus tracks and different cover art

and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy CARAVAN The Album Music

The AlbumThe Album
Remastered
Eclectic Discs 2004
$74.99
LITTLE SWING HOUSE VINYL LP RECORD ALBUMLITTLE SWING HOUSE VINYL LP RECORD ALBUM
FLAT FIVE ROANOKE VIRGINIA
Caravan - The Album - Lp Vinyl RecordCaravan - The Album - Lp Vinyl Record
Kingdom Records
The Album by CaravanThe Album by Caravan
Eclectic Discs
$183.20
Caravan - The Album - Kingdom Records - INT 147.800 (KVL 9003)Caravan - The Album - Kingdom Records - INT 147.800 (KVL 9003)
Kingdom Records
SHOW OF OUR LIVES LP (VINYL ALBUM) UK DECCA 1981SHOW OF OUR LIVES LP (VINYL ALBUM) UK DECCA 1981
Decca
AlbumAlbum
Kingdom 1998

The Quill/Voodoo Caravan/2001 CD Album USD $10.34 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Envizible Orkestra A CATHARSIS OF SCIENCE New CD bundle in style of Caravan/Gong USD $21.98 Buy It Now 6h 9m
Squirrel Nut Zippers ?- Christmas Caravan Jazz Used CD VG+ 354 980 192-2 USD $4.79 Buy It Now 7h 11m
Peter White - CARAVAN OF DREAMS (CD) USD $9.04 Buy It Now 7h 16m
SULTANS OF STRING - CHRISTMAS CARAVAN CD NEW+ USD $24.37 Buy It Now 8h 7m
The Gospel Singiong Caravan LP-555 Gospel Vinyl Record Album LP 22G USD $9.29 Buy It Now 8h 35m
Caravan - Thailand: Songs For Life (CD Used Like New) CD-R USD $15.04 Buy It Now 8h 43m
Robin Trower 1978 Caravan To Midnight Vinyl LP Album Rock Music CHR1189 N USD $26.59 Buy It Now 9h 36m
Caravan Go - Moving Still EP [New CD] USD $11.45 Buy It Now 11h 5m
INA FORSMAN. LAYLA ZOE. TASHA TAYLOR-BLUES CARAVAN 2016...-JAPAN CD+DVD G09 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 11h 7m
Caravan - Caravan - 1st Album (Rare Japan mini lp) USD $15.53 [0 bids]
Bill Bourne - Songs from a Gypsy Caravan [New CD] USD $14.99 Buy It Now 13h 3m
The Vintage Caravan - Gateways NEW CD USD $14.12 Buy It Now 13h 6m
Elvenking - Two Tragedy Poets (And A Caravan Of Weir (CD Used Like New) USD $15.20 Buy It Now 13h 35m
CARAVANS with Shirley Caesar * 23 Greatest Hits * NEW CD * All Original Songs USD $14.97 Buy It Now 15h 40m
CARAVAN LIVE ON AIR CD NEW SEALED FREE UK FAST POST USD $5.15 Buy It Now 15h 47m
Burns & Kristy - Caravan [New CD] USD $17.74 Buy It Now 17h 24m
Caravans Rail - Fancy - Fantasy On English Airs & Tunes (CD Used Very Good) USD $14.80 Buy It Now 18h 36m
Art Blakey, Blakey & - Caravan / Buhaina's Delight [New CD] Rmst USD $11.30 Buy It Now 18h 41m
The Lost Fingers - Christmas caravan USD $11.19 Buy It Now 19h 15m
Club Caravan Big George Brock & Houserockers (CD, 2005) Cat Head Records USD $13.98 Buy It Now 20h 16m
Joe d'Urso & Stone Caravan - Sway [New CD] USD $22.16 Buy It Now 20h 41m
Burns & Kristy - Caravan [New CD] USD $15.32 Buy It Now 21h 29m
Christmas Caravan Squirrel Nut Zippers CD Sleigh Ride My Evergreen A Johnny Ace USD $12.99 Buy It Now 21h 52m
CARAVAN-A NIGHT'S TALE-JAPAN SHM-CD F83 USD $28.99 Buy It Now 22h 53m
A Vee-Jay Christmas CD 1992 Remastered Jerry Butler Caravans Charles Taylor USD $13.99 Buy It Now 23h 52m
BIG DADDY WILSON & VANESSA COLLIER &...-BLUES CARAVAN 2017-JAPAN CD+DVD G09 USD $30.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan- Rare UK 12" Album "And The New Symphonia" 1974 EX [Prog] USD $17.73 [0 bids]
CARAVAN-A HUNTING WE SHALL GO: LIVE IN 1974-JAPAN SHM-CD F83 USD $26.50 Buy It Now 1 day
The Vintage Caravan voyage LIMITED DIGIPAK +1 bonus trk CD NEW SEALED 2014 USD $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan - For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night (CD) USD $9.04 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan Self-Titled CD+Bonus Track NEW SEALED 2002 Mono/Stereo Versions USD $6.46 Buy It Now 1 day
The Vintage Caravan - Voyage [New CD] USD $12.94 Buy It Now 1 day
Peter White - Caravan Of Dreams CD USD $1.99 [0 bids]
Caravan Palace-Panic CD Digipak NEW USD $18.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Dub Caravan - Nomadic Fusions [New CD] USD $10.11 Buy It Now 1 day
AMERICAN CARAVAN - COLUMBIA TREASURES BOXED SET rare 10 records Vinyl Lp Nm/VG+ USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan by Art Blakey/The Jazz Messengers/Randy Bernsen/Art Blakey USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SIRUS - Caravan SEALED cassette New Age - Higher Octave USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN GREY & PINK OBI Replica LP JAPAN CD USD $16.99 [0 bids]
CARAVAN WATERLOO OBI Replica LP JAPAN CD USD $16.99 [0 bids]
CARAVAN SYMPHONIA Sealed Rare OBI Replica LP JAPAN CD USD $14.99 [0 bids]
HOCTOR DANCE CARAVAN ALBUM NO. HLP-3029 LP USD $14.15 Buy It Now 1 day
Robin Trower Caravan To Midnight / Victims Of The Fury CD VG+ 1997 UK USD $12.49 [0 bids]
Tzofim Friendship Caravan 2003 Sharing Israel With You For Over 30 Years CD USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Out There: The Future Of Prog Rock CD Pocupine Tree IQ Nektar CARAVAN Opeth MINT USD $6.40 Buy It Now 2 days
GYPSY CARAVAN - Live From Berbatis & Key Largo - CD - BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED USD $20.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Spirit Caravan - Elusive Truth CD album. The Obsessed. Sleep. Doom metal rock. USD $12.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan - Live at the Fairfield Halls [New CD] Rmst USD $9.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan - Live at the Fairfield Halls [New CD] Rmst USD $8.72 Buy It Now 2 days
VINYL ALBUM RECORD,CONTINENTAL COCKTAIL,SHO-319,MUSICAL CARAVAN ACROSS EUROPE USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVE SINCLAIR (CARAVAN) - MOON OVER MAN 30th - 2006 ECLECTIC REMAST/EXP DIGIP CD USD $7.76 Buy It Now 2 days
Goldfrapp - Seventh Tree CD CLOWNS LITTLE BIRD SOME PEOPLE CARAVAN GIRL A USD $2.32 [0 bids]
ARMANDO ROMEO - CANTA NAPOLI rare Vinyl LP (Caravan Records) Roma Italy VG+ USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Vanja Sky and Bernard Allison Mike Zito - Blues Caravan 2018 [CD] USD $19.12 Buy It Now 2 days
MEDICINE BALL CARAVAN WB Vinyl LP 33 Original Soundtrack Album EX Stereo 1971 USD $9.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Isley Jasper Isley - Caravan of Love -cassette***FREE SHIPPING*** USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Bozza / Delden / Sierra / Caravan / Strong - Single Reed Exp (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.59 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan of Love: Best of, Isley Jasper Isley, New! Original recording remastered USD $73.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LAYLA ZOE/TASHA TAYLOR/INA FORSMAN - BLUES CARAVAN: BLUE SISTERS NEW CD USD $17.38 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan by Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers (20 Bit Mastering) Limited Edition USD $13.25 Buy It Now 2 days
CARUS THOMPSON - CARAVAN -13 TRACK CD- (DIGIPAK) USD $3.55 Buy It Now 3 days
NEW CARAVAN - LIVE AT THE MARQUEE##Hu USD $76.36 Buy It Now 3 days
The Benny Goodman Caravans - Jumpin' At The Woodside (Cassette 1986) Exc+ USD $0.13 [0 bids]
CARAVAN - AND THE NEW SYMPHONIA 2001 REMASTERED JAPAN MINI LP CD + PROMO OBI USD $25.86 Buy It Now 3 days
CARAVAN-THIN LIZZY-ALLMAN BROTHERS- One More For The Road CD GREEK COLLECTION USD $4.79 Buy It Now 3 days
THE VINTAGE CARAVAN - ARRIVAL USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Arthur Lyman - Caravan (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.06 Buy It Now 3 days
CARAVAN-AND THE NEW SYMPHONIA/LIVE-UK ISSUE ALBUM ON DECCA RECORDS-1974-VGC USD $23.29 Buy It Now 3 days
CARAVAN GIRLS WHO GROW 7 LP Replica JAPAN OBI CD LIMITED EDITION RARE Box Set USD $615.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CARAVAN-WATERLOO LILY-Rare Promo Album-LONDON #XPS 616-STEVE MILLER USD $100.00 Buy It Now 3 days
CARAVAN-For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night 1973 Prog Album-LONDON #XPS 637 USD $74.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CARAVAN & THE NEW SYMPHONIA-Recorded Live 1973 Prog Rock Album-LONDON #PS 650 USD $34.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CARAVAN-Blind Dog At St. Dunstans-Rare Promo Album-ARISTA #AL 4088-A Top Copy! USD $34.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CARAVAN-The Best Of Caravan-Rare Promo Album-LONDON #LC 50011-Prog Rock-Sterling USD $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Quill-Voodoo Caravan -Digi CD NEW USD $17.79 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan - In the Land of Grey and Pink (2001) 5 Bonus Trks USD $1.93 [1 bids]
Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again I'D Do It All Over (CD Used Very Good) USD $8.88 Buy It Now 3 days
Gordon Presents Marshall Royal Jenkins - Caravan (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.06 Buy It Now 3 days
Jimmy Caravan - Hey Jude (CD Used Very Good) USD $12.70 Buy It Now 3 days
Vintage Caravan - Gateways 727361408947 (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.52 Buy It Now 3 days
Vintage Caravan - Arrival (CD Used Very Good) USD $13.60 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravans - Gospel Music Anthology: Caravans (CD Used Very Good) USD $11.24 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan - Place of My Own (The Collection, CD 2014) NEW SEALED USD $4.52 Buy It Now 3 days
The Vintage Caravan - Arrival [CD] USD $15.69 Buy It Now 3 days
Gordon Jenkins - Caravan [New CD] Manufactured On Demand USD $11.06 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravans, The Carava - Gospel Music Anthology: Caravans [New CD] Manufactured O USD $13.24 Buy It Now 3 days
Arthur Lyman - Caravan [New CD] Manufactured On Demand USD $11.06 Buy It Now 3 days
Jimmy Caravan - Hey Jude [New CD] Manufactured On Demand, Rmst USD $14.70 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE BATT Caravans + Schizophonia OOP EURO 2x CD issue USD $63.75 Buy It Now 3 days
The Quill - Voodoo Caravan [New CD] USD $17.56 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan - From The Land Of The Greay And Pink [4xCD + 2xDVD Set] USD $25.55 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan - For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night 1973 - Vinyl LP Album Excellent USD $37.51 [0 bids]
CARAVAN In The Land Of Grey And Pink French Mantra CD USD $7.10 Buy It Now 3 days
Digipak CD - Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers, Caravan - Original Jazz Classics USD $9.22 [0 bids]
CARAVAN Cunning Stunts (1975) 1994 GERMANY CD album USD $9.10 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan-Access All Areas Vinyl / 12" Album NEW USD $26.05 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night JAPAN SHM MINI LP CD UICY-94330 USD $47.69 Buy It Now 3 days
David Arkenstone 'Caravan Of Light' CD Narada (2000) Brand New Sealed - Rare! USD $25.94 Buy It Now 3 days
PETER WHITE CARAVAN OF DREAMS SMOOTH JAZZ MUSIC CD ALBUM DISC 9 TRACKS COLUMBIA USD $7.00 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy CARAVAN music online Buy CARAVAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

CARAVAN The Album ratings distribution

CARAVAN The Album reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars I think that the title says it all. No inspiration. Only Clear Blue Sky - a reggae - manages some interest from my ears , the rest being really a lacklustre collection of uninspired songs . I am so sorry one of my favorite band ever got so low . This one did come out on Cd but look elsewhere as there are tons of Caravan records to investigate before delving for this one.

While rewriting my Blind Dog review, I had a chance to add this and tell you that this got a second release (remastered ) with a few Bonus Tracks - not that it would make it less un-essential - on the Eclectic label.

Review by Prog-jester
2 stars Even in their worst times CARAVAN are intelligent enough. Solid and even record, “The Album” is somewhere in between “Blind Dog…” and DONOVAN or THE MAMAS AND THE PAPAS. Not recommended in any way, but it’s interesting journey for early CARAVAN fans. Unfortunately, they didn’t get better after it, and their later studio albums fall into the same line. Nice and inescapable addition for die-hard CARAVAN fan collection, but don’t bother if you still haven’t made your mind towards their best efforts.
Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars SHOULD I COME BACK OR SHOULD I STAY AWAY (PART X)

This is frankly the question. Dave is back again in the band. But what for? This is a major flop IMO. One out of many of course in the early eighties from a prog point of view. At the end of the day, where were the great bands of the seventies (even if "Caravan" has never belonged to my fave ones)?

Gone are the days of their exquisite and so personal music that could be found on "For Girls". This one is just a poor I don't know what album. No genre can be associated with this album. Only that it is poor from start to finish.

Attempts to rock like "Make Yourself At Home" completely fails. And the awful disco "Golden Mile" just show you the quick way to the toilets. Run fast if you want to avoid the vomiting thing to happen onto your pants.This is the absolute nadir of this band (so far).

There are not a single track that stands out on this album. A shame of course for Caravan. But they won't be the only ones to produce a crappy album I these eighties, right? There is even one ridiculous attempt to a reggae song in here. This genre was rather commercially successful at the time, and I liked quite a lot bands as Culture and Steel Pulse during those days to know what great reggae was all about. This one is just boring and useless. Does anyone need "Caravan" to turn into poor reggae? Definitely not!

One star and this is way too much for this extremely poor album.

Review by UMUR
2 stars The Album is the ninth full-length studio album by UK progressive rock act Caravan. Itīs been three years since their last album Better By Far (1977) was released and one could expect that those three years had been used wisely. Better By Far (1977) was a below standard album from the band though and I had my worries before listening to The Album.

The music is soft rock with only a few of the progressive elements left that made earlier albums by Caravan so great. The only song that gives small hints to their past greatness is Watcha Gonna Tell Me. Itīs be far the best song on the album with flute and those quirky fast vocal lines that I love from the old albums. Opener Heartbreaker and the song Piano Player are also respectable ( remember I didnīt say good), but the rest is rather bland and forgettable. Thereīs even a poor attempt to play white man reggae in the song Clear Blue Sky ( and no it doesnīt sound like UB40). Thatīs a disaster to my ears.

The musicianship is as good as usual and itīs rather interesting that David Sinclair has returned on the keyboards once again.

The production is good. Warm and pleasant and it suits the music perfectly.

The Album is unfortunately another below average album by Caravan and itīs hard not to get the thought that they really didnīt have much more to offer to the world of music at this point in their career. A 2 star rating is warranted. I must say that I had expected much more from the band after a three year recording break.

Review by Gooner
3 stars "The Album" is quite good. In fact, I like it a lot. It's very much like a pick & mix bowl of candies. It's a contribution of individual songs "played' by members of Caravan. I don't really consider it a Caravan album per se. "Heartbreaker" is a great pop rock song that would sound great on Waterloo Lily. "Corner Of Me Eye" is a track by Geoffrey Richardson that sounds like it may be a Caravan tune until it turns into progressive bluegrass during the instrumental part of the track. A great twist(Dixie Dregs/Little Feat anyone?). "Watcha Gonna Tell Me" has some nice electric piano and beautiful flute colourings and a flute solo from Geoffrey Richardson...and a great guitar/keyboard/guitar/keyboard exchange between Pye Hastings and Dave Sinclair. This is the best track on the album. Another track that would not sound out of place on Waterloo Lily. "Piano Player" has lyrics about drinking and smoking that only Caravan sing about with expertise. It's a very flighty piece with Geoffrey Richardson delivering an inspired solo on the viola. A track to listen to after a warm rain. "Make Yourself At Home" starts out like a Doobie Brothers track, then the unmistakable english vocals are present with a relaxed/loose/slacker sound in the playing by the band. There's a weird vocoder effect on the vocal. Very cool! Uh oh, in comes the disco with the track "Golden Mile". No worse than "Summer Lightning" from Camel's Breathless, really. "Golden Mile" reminds me of something one might here on the Cafe Jacques album "Round The Back"(which also features Geoffrey Richardson). "Bright Shiny Day" is just that. A happy track. Off to Jamaica with the reggae of "Clear Blue Sky"(Police meets Dire Straits?). Nice guitar work from Pye Hastings. "Keepin' Up De Fences" is another great track and it concludes the album. Caravan with timbales? Yes, indeed. This one reminds me of something off Gentle Giant's "Civilian", yet I can't put my finger on it. A lively track this one - the boys sounding like "Caravan" with a nice keyboard/guitar/keyboard exchange. I have to say that I love albums like this on progarchives.com. The low ratings are unwarranted. it all depends on your taste. If you enjoy the Camel albums "Breathless" and "I Can See Your House From Here", then you'll certainly find something to enjoy with "The Album". An initial listen may not impress, but try it over several listens and you will be rewarded. A great rock & roll album for fans of Steely Dan and Dire Straits. Not very "progressive" but very competent. A great addition to anyone's collection, regardless.
Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams
2 stars First of all let me say that my vinyl copy of the album doesn't have that anonymous cover sheet that's on PA. It has a sort of aztec pyramid with "The Album" written in the stones.....

Unfortunately it's the only "epic" thing that I can find in it.

The return of David Sinclair didn't bring all the good that one could have expected and what they were perhaps intending as a sort of reunion resulted in a big disappointment.

The opener is enough to understand what this album is made for. "Heartbreaker" is a mixture of Supertramp and Climax Blues Band. Nothing to do with the band of Winter Wine. The finger picking of "Corner Of My Eye" is not bad if you like country music. I personally like this song, but it's absolutely non-essential.

"What'cha Gonna Tell Me" is a partially successful attempt to sound as in the past, but it's clear that it's not Jimmy Hastings to play the flute. The piano riff is good and the song sounds "Caravan enough".

I'm relistening to this album after years and it's not so awful as I was remembering. "Piano Player" is not a masterpiece but I don't dislike it.

Going to the B side we find a piece of trivial brit-pop like "Make Yourself At Home" followed by the disco-funky of "Golden Mile". Two tracks to skip, but after them the brit chill-out of "Bright Shiny Day" is not that bad. A kind of newage....

What do Caravan have to do with Reggae? It's not their pot. This song makes me thing to Wishbone Ash. They have a little piece of reggae in Pilgrimage, but their one is good. At least this should have been "reggae" also in the chorus.

"Keeping Up The Fences" just doesn't do anything for me. I had totally forgotten this song, probably because I've rarely been able to run the whole album in a shot. This song is not bad if you like things like Wishbone Ash "Front Page News", but this is not what one can expect from Caravan.

I'm undecided between one and two stars. Looking at my other one-star ratings on PA I think I can be generous and go for two, but if you are not fans there's no reason to invest money in this stuff.

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars The Disco Album

Caravan entered the 80's with this Disco-infected Pop Rock album, simply titled The Album. The first two tracks are upbeat, simple Pop-Disco tunes that feel void of inspiration, but with Watcha Gonna Tell Me there is at least some first indication that they still had at least some progressive aspirations. Some nice flute and keyboard sounds there. Piano Player is a pleasant enough piano-driven semi-ballad not far away from the style of Supertramp. Electric Light Orchestra (of the late 70's) is another reference point for this album. It only occasionally sounds like a Caravan album.

Several more dull and uninspired tracks follow, and it is not until the Reggae of Clear Blue Sky that there is again anything even slightly interesting. But interesting does not equal good. The Album is another one of a long string of rather uninspired albums from Caravan.

Like the previous two albums, this one is recommended for fans and collectors

3 stars Caravan's ninth record which opened up the eighties was a step down for the band. Just look at the cover. It's black and has a minimalistic design and I don't like to look at it. "Better by far" hadn't a very nice cover either but it was better. This album is the lowest rated Caravan album of ... (read more)

Report this review (#1088556) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Wednesday, December 11, 2013 | Review Permanlink

1 stars It's really hard for a Caravan-fan to say this, but listening to this album is just torture. The only decent song is Keeping Up The Fences and by that I mean listenable for a minute. I know this is harsh but where is the energy? Maybe I understand now why Dave Sinclair needed a breeze of fresh ... (read more)

Report this review (#344550) | Posted by BrainStillLife | Monday, December 6, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Not a masterpiece, but not a disaster. Dave Sinclair is back, and, needless to say, his stuff is the best: "Watcha gonna tell me" and "Piano Player" * are good indeed. "Make yourself at home" ** and Pye's "Keeping up De Fences" are nice songs, too. There are also some strange episodes such as disc ... (read more)

Report this review (#282816) | Posted by pied piper | Thursday, May 20, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars A very solid album. It's mostly pop/rock, but Caravan is doing a good job. They write memorable songs and write great melodies and all the songs have a different character. There's so much energy and I must say that Geoff Richardson adds a lot of colour to the sound of the band. The music he ... (read more)

Report this review (#189361) | Posted by Kingsnake | Saturday, November 15, 2008 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Oh dear - such a great band - such a poor album (for their high standards). I disagree with other reviewers who pick out the reggae track "clear blue sky" as this track apitomises the root of the problem with this album - which is this viola and guitar player Geoff Richardson was given too mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#93058) | Posted by Mark Roberts | Monday, October 2, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars If after "better by far" you thought, that it can't get worse, you were wrong. Most of the songs here are depressingly soapy, boring and uninspired "ballads" sung by Pye Hastings. If "clear blue sky"(with a touch of reagge) or "golden mile" seem a little bit better than the rest of the album, ... (read more)

Report this review (#44112) | Posted by kajetan | Wednesday, August 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CARAVAN "The Album"