THE ALBUM

Collectors/fans only

Buy CARAVAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. Heartbreaker (3:06)
2. Corner of me eye (3:37)
3. Watcha gonna tell me (4:48)
4. Piano player (5:24)
5. Make yourself at home (3:26)
6. Golden mile (3:12)
7. Bright shiny day (6:17)
8. Clear blue sky (6:25)
9. Keepin' up the fences (5:17)

Bonus tracks on Eclectic remaster (2004):
10. Heartbreaker (single version) (3:40)
11. It's Never Too Late (6:24)

Search CARAVAN The Album lyrics

Search CARAVAN The Album tabs

- Richard Coughlan / drums
- Pye Hastings / guitars, vocals
- Dek Messecar / bass, backing vocals
- Geoff Richardson / guitar, viola, flute, vocals
- David Sinclair / keyboards

LP Kingdom CDKVL 9003 (1980)
CD Eclectic 1011 (2004 remaster)

and to Joolz for the last updates

CARAVAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CARAVAN The Album Music

If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do ItIf I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It
Polygram UK 2001
CaravanCaravan
Universal I.S. 2002
In the Land of Grey & PinkIn the Land of Grey & Pink
Universal UK 2011
The Housemartins(7" Vinyl P/S)Caravan Of Love-Go Discs-GOD 16-UK-Ex/Ex US $8.48 Buy It Now 1h 5m
(84P) The Winter Kings, Black Caravan - DJ CD US $5.53 Buy It Now 1h 10m
The Housemartins(7" Vinyl)Caravan Of Love / When I First Met Jesus-VG/Ex US $5.08 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Kronos caravan CD US $7.19 Buy It Now 1h 17m
1987 The Housemartins Caravan Of Love / When I First Met Jesus 45 rpm Elektra NM US $5.50 Buy It Now 1h 45m
The Johnny Hodges/Duke Ellington/Billy Strayhorn All Stars / Caravan CD Jazz US $3.49 Buy It Now 3h 7m
Haji Mike & Dub Caravan Virtual Oasis CD NEW (UK Import) US $14.55 Buy It Now 3h 20m
HUBERT EISDELL Tenor Where my caravan has rested 78 HMV B744 US $22.08 Buy It Now 4h 22m
INSPIRAL CARPETS - CARAVAN: 7" SINGLE (NEW) US $6.78 Buy It Now 4h 23m
DRIVER DRIVE FASTER.TO RETURN STATIC CARAVAN 7'' VINYL US $10.18 Buy It Now 4h 50m
WOODBINE & IVY BAND SPROATLY SMITH STATIC CARAVAN 7'' VINYL US $10.18 Buy It Now 4h 55m
1971 Medicine Ball Caravan Soundtrack ROCK LP Warner BS-2565 NM Vinyl In Shrink US $5.20 Buy It Now 5h
LUX HARMONIUM.THE BONES YOU BREAK.STATIC CARAVAN 7'' US $8.48 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Caravan of Light US $3.51 Buy It Now 5h 27m
CROSBY BOB - CAMEL CARAVAN - EBCD21592 US $15.28 Buy It Now 5h 33m
Caravan Palace Caravan Palace 2011 CD Electro Swing Music Album Brand New US $20.38 Buy It Now 5h 48m
Caravan A HUNTING WE SHALL GO Live MUSIC ON VINYL 180g Audiophile Sealed LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
ART BLAKEY Caravan JAZZ LP JAPANESE PRESSING RIVERSIDE A/B MATRIX NM US $9.99 [0 bids]
ELLINGTON duke 18hit big band A TRAIN caravan SOPHISTICATED LADY solitude NEW CD US $7.73 Buy It Now 7h 11m
Caravan Cunning Stunts Remaster CD Progressive Rock Music Album Brand New US $11.88 Buy It Now 7h 31m
CARAVAN-1974 KSAN San Francisco Pre-FM Pt.1 XLNT-REEL TO REEL US $100.00 Buy It Now 7h 53m
CARAVAN-1974 KSAN San Francisco Pre-FM Pt.2 XLNT-REEL TO REEL US $100.00 Buy It Now 7h 55m
Jeff Daniels 7" 45 HEAR Slipp'ry Heart CARAVAN Love of My Life US $10.00 Buy It Now 7h 59m
Caravan For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night CD Rock Music Album Brand New US $11.88 Buy It Now 8h 2m
JOE D'URSO & STONE CARAVAN - BEST: 1991 - BEST: 1991-2003 NEW CD US $20.97 Buy It Now 8h 5m
LAURA J MARTIN - Dazzle Days. rare UK 13 track CD (Static Caravan, Bonus Skor) US $3.32 Buy It Now 8h 34m
THE ESSO STEEL BAND: ECHOES OF BERMUDA, NM Orig. Canada Edmar Caravan US $5.00 Buy It Now 9h 12m
The Jethro Tull Christmas Album SEALED 2003 USA CD Fairport Conxention Caravan US $13.95 Buy It Now 9h 31m
Pantera Far Beyond Driven 2 CD Metal Live Donington 1994 Planet Caravan Cowboys US $12.94 Buy It Now 9h 38m
Caravan If I Could Do It All Over Again LP vinyl record reissue sealed psych US $21.95 Buy It Now 9h 40m
CARAVAN & THE NEW SYMPHONIA stereo LP on LONDON PS650 1974 STILL IN SHRINK NM/M- US $17.99 Buy It Now 9h 41m
"Gospel Singing Caravan" 1960's Religious LP, VG, on Sing, Various Artists US $3.95 Buy It Now 9h 56m
Jimmy Caravan Hey Jude Beatles Doors OtisRedding covers IsaacHayes organ soul US $9.99 [0 bids]
CARAVAN Cunning Stunts 8 track tape 1975 BTM Original Progressive Rock US $8.88 Buy It Now 10h 19m
(61Y) The Winter Kings, Black Caravan - DJ CD US $5.08 Buy It Now 10h 47m
CARAVAN---THE ALBUM US $5.00 [0 bids]
CARAVAN---CUNNING STUNTS US $5.00 [0 bids]
Caravan Waterloo Lily CD Progressive Rock Music Album Brand New US $11.88 Buy It Now 10h 53m
Swing 45 Caravan/ Big Bucks 7" vinyl rpm US $4.00 Buy It Now 10h 55m
Ronald Shannon Jackson--Texas LP Caravan of Dreams label US $5.00 [0 bids]
Caravan Caravan & The New Symphonia The Complete Concert CD Rock Music US $11.88 Buy It Now 11h 41m
Love Caravan love onthe road the moon, in bars, in Hawaii&Mexico, a porchswing US $6.00 [0 bids]
VG++ 1971 Medicine Ball Caravan Original Movie Soundtrack LP Album US $2.99 [0 bids]
ISLEY JASPER ISLEY - Caravan Of Love/I Can't Get Over US $3.00 Buy It Now 12h 8m
Buddy Rich - Playtime - Blues Caravan NEW CD US $13.04 Buy It Now 12h 9m
American Caravan Columbia Musical Treasuries Box Set 114 Songs Stereo 5047 US $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 11m
THE HOUSEMARTINS - CARAVAN OF LOVE - PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY US $1.25 Buy It Now 12h 35m
Call, The / X / 10,000 Maniacs - Elektra Caravan 7" EP US $14.43 Buy It Now 12h 40m
Cairo Caravan with Dina BellyDance with Dina CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 13h 18m
Caravan In The Land Of Grey And Pink Deluxe Edition3 CD Set Rock Music New US $28.88 Buy It Now 13h 19m
JIMMY CARAVAN Look Into The Flower LP Tower ST 5103 (1968) with Bio and picture US $11.79 Buy It Now 13h 29m
Caravan - Live At Metropolis Studio - Vinyl 2-LP Import 2014 New US $43.99 Buy It Now 13h 47m
Mott the Hoople, Moody Blues, Spooky tooth, Caravan, Blue Cheer - U.K. cd US $9.72 Buy It Now 13h 49m
Live from Berbati's and Key Largo Gypsy Caravan CD US $12.95 Buy It Now 14h
The Popular Duke Ellington by Duke Ellington CD 1997 Caravan Take the "A" Train US $22.00 Buy It Now 14h 7m
Gypsy Caravan Putumayo World Music 2001 CD Hungarian French Sza Tele Zsav US $8.97 Buy It Now 14h 41m
CARAVAN "Cunning Stunts" Original German LP from 1975 (RCA BTM-1003) Audiophile US $20.00 Buy It Now 15h 40m
CARAVAN "Blind Dog At St. Dunstans" rare PROMO LP from 1976 (ARISTA AL 4088) US $15.00 Buy It Now 15h 40m
CARAVAN "Blind Dog At St. Dunstans" rare PROMO LP from 1976 (ARISTA AL 4088) US $10.00 Buy It Now 15h 41m
Various - Comedy Caravan - LP ('56)Griffith, Yorgesson, Kari, Freeberg, Standley US $10.22 Buy It Now 15h 53m
BUDDY RICH - BLUES CARAVAN [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $11.41 Buy It Now 16h 11m
PETER ULRICH COLLABO - THE PAINTED CARAVAN [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $10.83 Buy It Now 16h 27m
Elvenking - Two Tragedy Poets (And A Caravan Of Weir CD US $18.70 Buy It Now 16h 32m
Bhatt Vishwa Mohan & Glen Charles Halls - Groove Caravan CD US $13.87 Buy It Now 16h 37m
Gypsy Jazz Caravan - Pour Les Zazous CD US $16.63 Buy It Now 16h 37m
Blakey Art - Caravan Buhainas Delight Rmst CD US $16.35 Buy It Now 16h 38m
BOB CROSBY - CAMEL CARAVAN BROADCASTS 1940 - NEW CD US $11.70 Buy It Now 17h 11m
CARAVAN - "& The New Symphonia" (Live) LP 1974 ORIG 1st US PROMO w/INNER - RARE! US $25.88 Buy It Now 18h 30m
THE STRING A LONGS 45 16708 CARAVAN MATHILDA BLACK RARE SINGLE 7" INDIA VG US $374.25 Buy It Now 19h 35m
Durso Caravan - Best: 1991-2003 CD US $17.72 Buy It Now 20h 7m
Caravan/Renaissance 1975 The Dome, Brighton ticket stub US $15.30 Buy It Now 20h 12m
SANTO & JOHNNY - CARAVAN 7" VINYL US $12.73 Buy It Now 20h 22m
@ CD Caravan - With An Ear To The Ground RARE PROG / ELITE 1991 US $19.99 Buy It Now 20h 30m
CARAVAN-All Over You Too-CD-2000 HTD Records USA issue-CMAR 609 US $18.76 Buy It Now 20h 53m
@ CD Caravan - In The Land Of Grey And Pink PROG / DERAM DECCA RECORDS 1989 US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 58m
@ CD Caravan - Cunning Stunts PROG / REPERTOIRE RECORDS 1994 US $12.99 Buy It Now 21h 58m
THE HOUSEMARTINS caravan of love GOD 16 near mint disc uk go discs 7" WS EX/ US $11.88 Buy It Now 22h 5m
ART BLAKEY/THE JAZZ - CARAVAN [KEEPNEWS COLLECTION] - NEW CD US $6.38 Buy It Now 22h 25m
CARAVAN canterbury tales - the best of DKL-R 8/1 8/2 1W early DOUBLE LP PS EX/EX US $37.11 Buy It Now 22h 31m
CARAVAN - IN THE LAND OF GREY AND PINK - NEW CD US $8.79 Buy It Now 22h 47m
HOW TO BUILD MAKE YOUR OWN SNOWGLOBE SNOW CARAVAN CHRISTMAS PRESENT TOY RARE CD US $11.88 Buy It Now 23h 18m
CARAVAN CLUB gimme your love JCRAC 002 promo just create 1994 12" WS VG/ US $15.28 Buy It Now 23h 39m
Van Morrison Bumper Sticker! "Sweet Thing", astral weeks,into the music, caravan US $3.40 Buy It Now 23h 44m
Robin Trower-Caravan To Midnight Vinyl LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
Caravan - For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night - 8829802 US $11.24 Buy It Now 1 day
JOE VALINO-CARAVAN/GARDEN OF EDEN (VG+) 1956 US $3.25 Buy It Now 1 day
TOMMY SCOTT 8 TRACK-COUNTRY CARAVAN-STILL IN PLASTIC WRAP US $1.95 Buy It Now 1 day
DUSTER BENNETT CARAVAN CONCERT REPRO MINI-POSTER 7" x 5" US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR CARAVAN CONCERT REPRO MINI-POSTER 7" x 5" US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Silk Road, the - a Musical Caravan (2CD), Various, Very Good US $15.22 Buy It Now 1 day
ISLEY JASPER ISLEY CARAVAN OF LOVE LP FUNK SOUL CBS RECORDS FZ 40118 US $1.98 [0 bids]
Robin Trower Caravan To Midnight SEALED USA LP NO BARCODE US $27.99 [0 bids]
Salvation-same + Gypsy Carnival Caravan US psych cd US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN In the Land of Grey and Pink 40th Deluxe 2 CD & 1 DVD prog rock classic US $22.49 [0 bids]
CARAVAN Caravan 1968 Self Titled Remastered CD NEW US $11.48 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN - POSTCARD SET # 1 - concert posters, promos etc - NEW US $8.48 [0 bids]
ELSIE SOUTHGATE & Sister Dorothy Where my caravan has rested 78 Zonophone 1698 US $22.08 Buy It Now 1 day
Medicine Ball Caravan - 1971 - Original Soundtrack LP US $46.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Housemartins - Caravan Of Love / When I First Met Jesus - Picture Sleeve - 1987 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CARAVAN music online Buy CARAVAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CARAVAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CARAVAN The Album ratings distribution

CARAVAN The Album reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars I think that the title says it all. No inspiration. Only Clear Blue Sky - a reggae - manages some interest from my ears , the rest being really a lacklustre collection of uninspired songs . I am so sorry one of my favorite band ever got so low . This one did come out on Cd but look elsewhere as there are tons of Caravan records to investigate before delving for this one.

While rewriting my Blind Dog review, I had a chance to add this and tell you that this got a second release (remastered ) with a few Bonus Tracks - not that it would make it less un-essential - on the Eclectic label.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#21422) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 02, 2004

Review by Prog-jester
2 stars Even in their worst times CARAVAN are intelligent enough. Solid and even record, “The Album” is somewhere in between “Blind Dog…” and DONOVAN or THE MAMAS AND THE PAPAS. Not recommended in any way, but it’s interesting journey for early CARAVAN fans. Unfortunately, they didn’t get better after it, and their later studio albums fall into the same line. Nice and inescapable addition for die-hard CARAVAN fan collection, but don’t bother if you still haven’t made your mind towards their best efforts.

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#124838) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars SHOULD I COME BACK OR SHOULD I STAY AWAY (PART X)

This is frankly the question. Dave is back again in the band. But what for? This is a major flop IMO. One out of many of course in the early eighties from a prog point of view. At the end of the day, where were the great bands of the seventies (even if "Caravan" has never belonged to my fave ones)?

Gone are the days of their exquisite and so personal music that could be found on "For Girls". This one is just a poor I don't know what album. No genre can be associated with this album. Only that it is poor from start to finish.

Attempts to rock like "Make Yourself At Home" completely fails. And the awful disco "Golden Mile" just show you the quick way to the toilets. Run fast if you want to avoid the vomiting thing to happen onto your pants.This is the absolute nadir of this band (so far).

There are not a single track that stands out on this album. A shame of course for Caravan. But they won't be the only ones to produce a crappy album I these eighties, right? There is even one ridiculous attempt to a reggae song in here. This genre was rather commercially successful at the time, and I liked quite a lot bands as Culture and Steel Pulse during those days to know what great reggae was all about. This one is just boring and useless. Does anyone need "Caravan" to turn into poor reggae? Definitely not!

One star and this is way too much for this extremely poor album.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#160504) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 01, 2008

Review by UMUR
2 stars The Album is the ninth full-length studio album by UK progressive rock act Caravan. Itīs been three years since their last album Better By Far (1977) was released and one could expect that those three years had been used wisely. Better By Far (1977) was a below standard album from the band though and I had my worries before listening to The Album.

The music is soft rock with only a few of the progressive elements left that made earlier albums by Caravan so great. The only song that gives small hints to their past greatness is Watcha Gonna Tell Me. Itīs be far the best song on the album with flute and those quirky fast vocal lines that I love from the old albums. Opener Heartbreaker and the song Piano Player are also respectable ( remember I didnīt say good), but the rest is rather bland and forgettable. Thereīs even a poor attempt to play white man reggae in the song Clear Blue Sky ( and no it doesnīt sound like UB40). Thatīs a disaster to my ears.

The musicianship is as good as usual and itīs rather interesting that David Sinclair has returned on the keyboards once again.

The production is good. Warm and pleasant and it suits the music perfectly.

The Album is unfortunately another below average album by Caravan and itīs hard not to get the thought that they really didnīt have much more to offer to the world of music at this point in their career. A 2 star rating is warranted. I must say that I had expected much more from the band after a three year recording break.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#210979) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 11, 2009

Review by Gooner
3 stars "The Album" is quite good. In fact, I like it a lot. It's very much like a pick & mix bowl of candies. It's a contribution of individual songs "played' by members of Caravan. I don't really consider it a Caravan album per se. "Heartbreaker" is a great pop rock song that would sound great on Waterloo Lily. "Corner Of Me Eye" is a track by Geoffrey Richardson that sounds like it may be a Caravan tune until it turns into progressive bluegrass during the instrumental part of the track. A great twist(Dixie Dregs/Little Feat anyone?). "Watcha Gonna Tell Me" has some nice electric piano and beautiful flute colourings and a flute solo from Geoffrey Richardson...and a great guitar/keyboard/guitar/keyboard exchange between Pye Hastings and Dave Sinclair. This is the best track on the album. Another track that would not sound out of place on Waterloo Lily. "Piano Player" has lyrics about drinking and smoking that only Caravan sing about with expertise. It's a very flighty piece with Geoffrey Richardson delivering an inspired solo on the viola. A track to listen to after a warm rain. "Make Yourself At Home" starts out like a Doobie Brothers track, then the unmistakable english vocals are present with a relaxed/loose/slacker sound in the playing by the band. There's a weird vocoder effect on the vocal. Very cool! Uh oh, in comes the disco with the track "Golden Mile". No worse than "Summer Lightning" from Camel's Breathless, really. "Golden Mile" reminds me of something one might here on the Cafe Jacques album "Round The Back"(which also features Geoffrey Richardson). "Bright Shiny Day" is just that. A happy track. Off to Jamaica with the reggae of "Clear Blue Sky"(Police meets Dire Straits?). Nice guitar work from Pye Hastings. "Keepin' Up De Fences" is another great track and it concludes the album. Caravan with timbales? Yes, indeed. This one reminds me of something off Gentle Giant's "Civilian", yet I can't put my finger on it. A lively track this one - the boys sounding like "Caravan" with a nice keyboard/guitar/keyboard exchange. I have to say that I love albums like this on progarchives.com. The low ratings are unwarranted. it all depends on your taste. If you enjoy the Camel albums "Breathless" and "I Can See Your House From Here", then you'll certainly find something to enjoy with "The Album". An initial listen may not impress, but try it over several listens and you will be rewarded. A great rock & roll album for fans of Steely Dan and Dire Straits. Not very "progressive" but very competent. A great addition to anyone's collection, regardless.

Send comments to Gooner (BETA) | Report this review (#403562) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 19, 2011

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
2 stars First of all let me say that my vinyl copy of the album doesn't have that anonymous cover sheet that's on PA. It has a sort of aztec pyramid with "The Album" written in the stones.....

Unfortunately it's the only "epic" thing that I can find in it.

The return of David Sinclair didn't bring all the good that one could have expected and what they were perhaps intending as a sort of reunion resulted in a big disappointment.

The opener is enough to understand what this album is made for. "Heartbreaker" is a mixture of Supertramp and Climax Blues Band. Nothing to do with the band of Winter Wine. The finger picking of "Corner Of My Eye" is not bad if you like country music. I personally like this song, but it's absolutely non-essential.

"What'cha Gonna Tell Me" is a partially successful attempt to sound as in the past, but it's clear that it's not Jimmy Hastings to play the flute. The piano riff is good and the song sounds "Caravan enough".

I'm relistening to this album after years and it's not so awful as I was remembering. "Piano Player" is not a masterpiece but I don't dislike it.

Going to the B side we find a piece of trivial brit-pop like "Make Yourself At Home" followed by the disco-funky of "Golden Mile". Two tracks to skip, but after them the brit chill-out of "Bright Shiny Day" is not that bad. A kind of newage....

What do Caravan have to do with Reggae? It's not their pot. This song makes me thing to Wishbone Ash. They have a little piece of reggae in Pilgrimage, but their one is good. At least this should have been "reggae" also in the chorus.

"Keeping Up The Fences" just doesn't do anything for me. I had totally forgotten this song, probably because I've rarely been able to run the whole album in a shot. This song is not bad if you like things like Wishbone Ash "Front Page News", but this is not what one can expect from Caravan.

I'm undecided between one and two stars. Looking at my other one-star ratings on PA I think I can be generous and go for two, but if you are not fans there's no reason to invest money in this stuff.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#427407) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 04, 2011

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars The Disco Album

Caravan entered the 80's with this Disco-infected Pop Rock album, simply titled The Album. The first two tracks are upbeat, simple Pop-Disco tunes that feel void of inspiration, but with Watcha Gonna Tell Me there is at least some first indication that they still had at least some progressive aspirations. Some nice flute and keyboard sounds there. Piano Player is a pleasant enough piano-driven semi-ballad not far away from the style of Supertramp. Electric Light Orchestra (of the late 70's) is another reference point for this album. It only occasionally sounds like a Caravan album.

Several more dull and uninspired tracks follow, and it is not until the Reggae of Clear Blue Sky that there is again anything even slightly interesting. But interesting does not equal good. The Album is another one of a long string of rather uninspired albums from Caravan.

Like the previous two albums, this one is recommended for fans and collectors

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#1129581) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 10, 2014

3 stars Caravan's ninth record which opened up the eighties was a step down for the band. Just look at the cover. It's black and has a minimalistic design and I don't like to look at it. "Better by far" hadn't a very nice cover either but it was better. This album is the lowest rated Caravan album of ... (read more)

Report this review (#1088556) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Wednesday, December 11, 2013 | Review Permanlink

1 stars It's really hard for a Caravan-fan to say this, but listening to this album is just torture. The only decent song is Keeping Up The Fences and by that I mean listenable for a minute. I know this is harsh but where is the energy? Maybe I understand now why Dave Sinclair needed a breeze of fresh ... (read more)

Report this review (#344550) | Posted by BrainStillLife | Monday, December 06, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Not a masterpiece, but not a disaster. Dave Sinclair is back, and, needless to say, his stuff is the best: "Watcha gonna tell me" and "Piano Player" * are good indeed. "Make yourself at home" ** and Pye's "Keeping up De Fences" are nice songs, too. There are also some strange episodes such as disc ... (read more)

Report this review (#282816) | Posted by pied piper | Thursday, May 20, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Oh dear - such a great band - such a poor album (for their high standards). I disagree with other reviewers who pick out the reggae track "clear blue sky" as this track apitomises the root of the problem with this album - which is this viola and guitar player Geoff Richardson was given too mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#93058) | Posted by Mark Roberts | Monday, October 02, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars If after "better by far" you thought, that it can't get worse, you were wrong. Most of the songs here are depressingly soapy, boring and uninspired "ballads" sung by Pye Hastings. If "clear blue sky"(with a touch of reagge) or "golden mile" seem a little bit better than the rest of the album, ... (read more)

Report this review (#44112) | Posted by kajetan | Wednesday, August 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CARAVAN "The Album"