THE ALBUM

Collectors/fans only

Buy CARAVAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. Heartbreaker (3:06)
2. Corner of me eye (3:37)
3. Watcha gonna tell me (4:48)
4. Piano player (5:24)
5. Make yourself at home (3:26)
6. Golden mile (3:12)
7. Bright shiny day (6:17)
8. Clear blue sky (6:25)
9. Keepin' up the fences (5:17)

Bonus tracks on Eclectic remaster (2004):
10. Heartbreaker (single version) (3:40)
11. It's Never Too Late (6:24)

Search CARAVAN The Album lyrics

Search CARAVAN The Album tabs

- Richard Coughlan / drums
- Pye Hastings / guitars, vocals
- Dek Messecar / bass, backing vocals
- Geoff Richardson / guitar, viola, flute, vocals
- David Sinclair / keyboards

LP Kingdom CDKVL 9003 (1980)
CD Eclectic 1011 (2004 remaster)

and to Joolz for the last updates

CARAVAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CARAVAN The Album Music

In the Land of Grey & PinkIn the Land of Grey & Pink
Universal UK 2011
If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do ItIf I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It
Polygram UK 2001
For Girls Who Grow Plump in NightFor Girls Who Grow Plump in Night
Polygram UK 2005
CaravanCaravan
Universal I.S. 2002
Caravan & The New SymphoniaCaravan & The New Symphonia
Polygram UK 2001
ISLEY JASPER ISLEY caravan of love A6612 uk epic 1985 7" PS EX/VG+ US $11.79 Buy It Now 50m 52s
Robin Trower-Caravan To Midnight Vinyl LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
54m 3s
Caravan - If I'D Do It All Again I'D Do It All Over You [Vinyl New] US $31.98 Buy It Now 1h
THE HOUSEMARTINS caravan of love GODX 16 uk go discs 1986 12" PS EX/EX US $14.68 Buy It Now 1h
CARAVAN - SONGS FOR OBLIVION FISHERMEN US $18.03 Buy It Now 1h
Caravan - Cunning Stunts - Remaster NEW CD US $8.02 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Oriole 78 #3015 Songs from Caravan Joe Reichman Orch. "Wine Song" US $9.99 [0 bids]
CARAVAN IF WE COULD Replica RARE JAPAN OBI CD Sealed US $84.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Astro Can Caravan : Planet Caravan CD (2011) US $22.86 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Caravan - Cunning Stunts - Remaster - 8829812 US $11.14 Buy It Now 2h 43m
INSPIRAL CARPETS PROMO SINGLE~CARAVAN/SKIDOO US $3.25 [0 bids]
Duke Ellington The One & Only CD Jump For Joy Caravan Perdido Blue Skies 12 TRAX US $2.99 [0 bids]
Sirus - Caravan 1989 WEST GERMANY CD Mysterium of Sounds & Silence #05-1 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Isley, Jasper & Isley Caravan Of Love & Different Drummer 2-LP's great condition US $22.99 [0 bids]
ART BLAKEY & JAZZ MESSENGERS - CARAVAN (C FULLER,F HUBBARD,W SHORTER) NEW LP US $47.99 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Hank Williams - Caravan b/w Let's Turn Back The Years - MGM - 78 RPM Record US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 59m
CARAVAN The Album CD England 9 tracks Kingdom CDKVL-9003 US $12.00 [3 bids]
CARAVAN In The Land Of Grey And Pink CD Japan 5 tracks Deram POCD-1834 obi US $12.50 [4 bids]
CARAVAN Cunning Stunts CD Japan 7 tracks Deram POCD-1838 obi US $14.99 [0 bids]
Camel / Camel (remaster) + 2 bonus tracks 2002 Kayak - Caravan US $5.50 [1 bids]
Camel / Mirage (remaster) +4 bonus tracks 2002 Kayak - Caravan US $5.50 [0 bids]
DANCE CARAVAN SHOW TUNES RECORD MUSIC HOCTOR'S 6-20-80 US $9.99 [0 bids]
ISLEY JASPER ISLEY - BROADWAY'S CLOSER TO SUNSET BLVD./CARAVAN OF - NEW CD US $15.45 Buy It Now 4h 40m
Latin Caravan - Gutierrez,Javier & Vivaz New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shippin US $30.12 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Krautrock/Prog Lp GURU GURU UFO Orig. Ohr CAN/AMON DÜÜL/XHOL CARAVAN US $236.77 Buy It Now 4h 57m
Robin Trower Caravan to Midnight Vinyl LP CHR-1189 EX/EX US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 58m
CARAVAN In The Land Of Grey And Pink Double Coloured Vinyl LP NEW US $48.91 Buy It Now 5h 4m
Cathedral / Caravan Beyond Redemption JAPAN+1 w/Booklet 1ST PRESS OOP!!!!! C US $34.99 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Caravan - Live At Metropolis Studio (NEW 2 12" VINYL LP) US $42.44 Buy It Now 5h 26m
Vintage Childrens Music COWBOY SONGS BRONCO BUSTERS Caravan Records JIMMY BLAINE US $7.98 [0 bids]
DUKE ELLINGTON AND HIS ORCHESTRA 1941-51 and CARAVAN ~ A GIANTS OF JAZZ TWOFER! US $7.33 Buy It Now 5h 27m
Caravan-Canterbury Tales-Decca 8-ENGLAND 2LP NICE US $39.99 Buy It Now 5h 40m
Caravan - Cunning Stunts - Remaster - 8829682 US $11.90 Buy It Now 5h 46m
Caravan - Waterloo Lily [CD New] US $9.26 Buy It Now 5h 50m
CARAVAN & THE NEW SYMPHONIA Vinyl LP UK Deram SML R1110 US $21.50 Buy It Now 5h 51m
Caravan - Live On Air (Live Recording, 2010) (New/sealed) US $8.15 Buy It Now 5h 54m
DANCE CARAVAN 1967 All Star Faculty Souvenir Album LP US $25.95 Buy It Now 6h 3m
EARTHRIDE VAMPIRE CIRCUS PROMO CD RARE 2005 SPIRIT CARAVAN SAINT VITUS WRETCHED US $10.50 [7 bids]
CARAVAN**1968-1975: THE SHOW OF OUR LIVES**2 CD SET US $19.95 Buy It Now 6h 30m
CARAVAN**CARAVAN**CD US $13.95 Buy It Now 6h 30m
HOW TO BUILD MAKE YOUR OWN SNOWGLOBE SNOW CARAVAN CHRISTMAS PRESENT TOY RARE CD US $11.41 Buy It Now 6h 32m
CARAVAN caravan & the new symphonia 1974 UK RED & WHITE DERAM STEREO LP US $29.39 Buy It Now 6h 34m
Dizzy Gillespie Dee Gee Days inc Caravan + Double Play Cassette Tape - TESTED US $5.72 Buy It Now 6h 40m
Caravan [CD New] US $7.90 Buy It Now 6h 48m
INSPIRAL CARPETS - CARAVAN - COW RECORDS 7" US $1.62 [0 bids]
7h
CARAVAN BLIND DOG AT ST.DUNSTAN UK ARTROCK DUTCH RCA PRESS BTM 1007 US $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 7m
KRONOS-Caravan-ZAKIR HUSSAIN-Terry Riley-ALI JIHAD RACY-David Harrington-STRINGS US $8.49 Buy It Now 7h 17m
CARAVAN (1st LP w/U.S. & UK Sleeves) JAPAN Mini LP/SHM-CD NEW/SEALED (16 Trax) US $29.99 Buy It Now 7h 26m
SLEEPING BEAUTY * CARAVAN RECORDS * C-9 * 78 RPM * MILTON CROSS * MADGE TUCKER * US $22.00 [0 bids]
Ralph Marterie: Caravan/While We Dream 45 RPM US $5.98 Buy It Now 7h 35m
Ralph Marterie: Caravan/While We Dream 45 RPM US $9.98 Buy It Now 7h 36m
Travelling Man by Caravan (CD US $25.99 Buy It Now 7h 55m
FRANK VIRTUOSO & VIRTUES - ROLL'IN AN A ROCKIN / NEW CARAVAN 1956 VG+ TONE-CRAFT US $29.99 Buy It Now 8h 2m
Caravan - 3 Live Recorded Cassettes US $3.27 [0 bids]
ART BLAKEY "Caravan" US Remastered 20bit K2 SEALED BRAND NEW CD!! MINT!!! US $9.99 [0 bids]
Caravan (CD, Apr-2000, Nonesuch Records (USA)) US $1.75 Buy It Now 8h 39m
THE GORDON TRIO, Caravan, VG++ Sonora 78! Lullaby Of The Leaves, RARE! US $5.00 [0 bids]
TOMMY SCOTT'S COUNTRY CARAVAN, 8 TRACK TAPE/CARTRIDGE, BRAND NEW, SEALED!!! US $8.95 Buy It Now 9h 2m
CARAVAN - CARAVAN 2002 UK REMASTERED CD * NEW * US $11.41 Buy It Now 9h 25m
TUNNG VS DOLLBOY,RARE 7'' WITH SLEEVE STATIC CARAVAN US $6.52 Buy It Now 9h 46m
Plas Johnson Quartet on Tampa - Caravan/Makin' whoopee - R&B Instrumental US $9.99 [0 bids]
Inspiral Carpet: Caravan 12" 12inch vinyl record single 2e US $8.25 Buy It Now 10h 23m
CARAVAN Cunning Stunts BTM PROGRESSIVE 1975 NEAR MINT US $17.95 Buy It Now 10h 30m
2 ISLEY BROTHERS MUSIC CD?Between the Sheets?Who's That Lady?Caravan of Love US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 38m
CARAVAN "BLIND DOG AT ST. DUNSTANS" 8 Track! Brand New!! Sealed US $5.00 Buy It Now 11h 10m
Pop Promo 45 LENNY DEE Caravan on Decca (promo) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Caravan of Dreams by Peter White (Guitar) (CD, Jul-1996, Sony) VERY GOOD US $4.99 Buy It Now 11h 28m
Caravan Gogh - 3 Faces Of Steve [CD New] US $13.98 Buy It Now 11h 42m
The Housemartins - Caravan Of Love / When I First Met Jesus 7" Vinyl 45 USA US $2.97 [0 bids]
DUSTER BENNETT, WISHBONE ASH, CARAVAN - MINI-POSTER PRINT 7" x 5" US $5.72 Buy It Now 11h 52m
GLEN GRAY, CASA LOMA CARAVAN - LP US $5.00 Buy It Now 12h 15m
Grand Caravan to the Rim of the World * by 3 Melanch... US $4.99 Buy It Now 12h 51m
(DV619) Children of the Rain, The Painted Caravan - 2013 DJ CD US $3.25 Buy It Now 13h 11m
The Masters of Bellydance Music by Various Artists (CD, Jun-2007, Caravan... US $10.28 Buy It Now 13h 21m
Isley Jasper Isley Caravan of Love 12" Single 1985 Shrink Vinyl Record EP US $2.84 Buy It Now 14h
RALPH MARTERIE - CARAVAN NEW CD US $24.12 Buy It Now 14h 11m
ROBIN TROWER - CARAVAN TO MIDNIGHT / LP / 1978 US $3.00 Buy It Now 14h 26m
CARAVAN Blind Dog at St. Dunstans LP on ARISTA US $21.00 Buy It Now 14h 54m
E*VAX 7" 45 Foiled STATIC CARAVAN Electronic IDM Red Vinyl UK press #A621 33rpm US $16.00 Buy It Now 14h 57m
Hot Rod Caravan, Battle Records - BS 96310, 1964 DRAG RACING SOUNDS on Vinyl!! US $50.00 Buy It Now 15h 9m
Caravan : Travelling Ways Anthology (2CDs) (2001) US $3.99 [0 bids]
MACHITO TITO PUENTE JOE LOCO MAMBO CARAVAN USA LP free ship US $61.79 Buy It Now 15h 32m
THE VENTURES 7" PS Japan CARAVAN, SLAUGHTER ON 10TH AVENUE s2227 US $9.00 Buy It Now 15h 48m
Housemartins Caravan Of Love Vinyl Record 7" 45 Single US $2.00 [0 bids]
Gypsy Caravan 4X7" Sweet Diesel Pez Farm Pry Moses Maximum Penalty Set on Stun US $14.99 Buy It Now 15h 59m
JOE VALINO "CARAVAN, & GARDEN OF EDEN" 45 RPM US $0.99 [0 bids]
STONE CARAVAN-ROCKLAND-RARE OOP CD-1993-15 TRACKS-SCR CD-1001-Joe D'Urso US $7.99 Buy It Now 16h 29m
Caravan to Midnight by Robin Trower 8 track tape tested US $5.00 Buy It Now 16h 41m
LP: CARAVAN - If I Could Do It All Over.... NEW SEALED REISSUE 180gr PSYCH PROG US $21.95 Buy It Now 16h 58m
KITARO WITH PAGES Caravan & Caravan Sary PICTURE SLEEVE 7" 45 record RARE NEW US $31.04 Buy It Now 16h 59m
ISLEY JASPER ISLEY - BROADWAY'S CLOSER TO LOVE / CARAVAN OF LOVE NEW CD US $33.57 Buy It Now 17h 10m
CARAVAN In The Land Of Grey And Pink French 150g grey/pink vinyl 2LP SEALED/NEW US $41.34 Buy It Now 17h 18m
Two Tragedy Poets (...And a Caravan of Weird Figures) by Elvenking (CD,... US $10.11 Buy It Now 17h 20m
Pantera Planet Caravan Rare Promo Single Black Sabbath US $7.89 [0 bids]
CARAVAN: Caravan And The New Symphonia (Rock & Pop London PS-650 Vinyl LP) US $9.94 [0 bids]
Original US 1975 1st.Pressing ~CARAVAN Cunning Stunts~LP Prog psych 70's Rock US $9.99 [0 bids]
CARAVAN Japan MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD x 2 titles + PROMO BOX set!! US $114.99 Buy It Now 19h 48m
RHYTHM PALS "ON A GYPSY CARAVAN/BROKEN HEARTS" DJ HEAR! US $8.00 Buy It Now 20h
Madison Violet - Caravan NEW CD US $19.72 Buy It Now 20h 34m
Caravan - Waterloo Lily CD US $17.26 Buy It Now 21h 43m

More places to buy CARAVAN music online Buy CARAVAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CARAVAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CARAVAN The Album ratings distribution

CARAVAN The Album reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars I think that the title says it all. No inspiration. Only Clear Blue Sky - a reggae - manages some interest from my ears , the rest being really a lacklustre collection of uninspired songs . I am so sorry one of my favorite band ever got so low . This one did come out on Cd but look elsewhere as there are tons of Caravan records to investigate before delving for this one.

While rewriting my Blind Dog review, I had a chance to add this and tell you that this got a second release (remastered ) with a few Bonus Tracks - not that it would make it less un-essential - on the Eclectic label.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#21422) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 02, 2004

Review by Prog-jester
2 stars Even in their worst times CARAVAN are intelligent enough. Solid and even record, “The Album” is somewhere in between “Blind Dog…” and DONOVAN or THE MAMAS AND THE PAPAS. Not recommended in any way, but it’s interesting journey for early CARAVAN fans. Unfortunately, they didn’t get better after it, and their later studio albums fall into the same line. Nice and inescapable addition for die-hard CARAVAN fan collection, but don’t bother if you still haven’t made your mind towards their best efforts.

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#124838) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars SHOULD I COME BACK OR SHOULD I STAY AWAY (PART X)

This is frankly the question. Dave is back again in the band. But what for? This is a major flop IMO. One out of many of course in the early eighties from a prog point of view. At the end of the day, where were the great bands of the seventies (even if "Caravan" has never belonged to my fave ones)?

Gone are the days of their exquisite and so personal music that could be found on "For Girls". This one is just a poor I don't know what album. No genre can be associated with this album. Only that it is poor from start to finish.

Attempts to rock like "Make Yourself At Home" completely fails. And the awful disco "Golden Mile" just show you the quick way to the toilets. Run fast if you want to avoid the vomiting thing to happen onto your pants.This is the absolute nadir of this band (so far).

There are not a single track that stands out on this album. A shame of course for Caravan. But they won't be the only ones to produce a crappy album I these eighties, right? There is even one ridiculous attempt to a reggae song in here. This genre was rather commercially successful at the time, and I liked quite a lot bands as Culture and Steel Pulse during those days to know what great reggae was all about. This one is just boring and useless. Does anyone need "Caravan" to turn into poor reggae? Definitely not!

One star and this is way too much for this extremely poor album.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#160504) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 01, 2008

Review by UMUR
2 stars The Album is the ninth full-length studio album by UK progressive rock act Caravan. Itīs been three years since their last album Better By Far (1977) was released and one could expect that those three years had been used wisely. Better By Far (1977) was a below standard album from the band though and I had my worries before listening to The Album.

The music is soft rock with only a few of the progressive elements left that made earlier albums by Caravan so great. The only song that gives small hints to their past greatness is Watcha Gonna Tell Me. Itīs be far the best song on the album with flute and those quirky fast vocal lines that I love from the old albums. Opener Heartbreaker and the song Piano Player are also respectable ( remember I didnīt say good), but the rest is rather bland and forgettable. Thereīs even a poor attempt to play white man reggae in the song Clear Blue Sky ( and no it doesnīt sound like UB40). Thatīs a disaster to my ears.

The musicianship is as good as usual and itīs rather interesting that David Sinclair has returned on the keyboards once again.

The production is good. Warm and pleasant and it suits the music perfectly.

The Album is unfortunately another below average album by Caravan and itīs hard not to get the thought that they really didnīt have much more to offer to the world of music at this point in their career. A 2 star rating is warranted. I must say that I had expected much more from the band after a three year recording break.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#210979) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 11, 2009

Review by Gooner
3 stars "The Album" is quite good. In fact, I like it a lot. It's very much like a pick & mix bowl of candies. It's a contribution of individual songs "played' by members of Caravan. I don't really consider it a Caravan album per se. "Heartbreaker" is a great pop rock song that would sound great on Waterloo Lily. "Corner Of Me Eye" is a track by Geoffrey Richardson that sounds like it may be a Caravan tune until it turns into progressive bluegrass during the instrumental part of the track. A great twist(Dixie Dregs/Little Feat anyone?). "Watcha Gonna Tell Me" has some nice electric piano and beautiful flute colourings and a flute solo from Geoffrey Richardson...and a great guitar/keyboard/guitar/keyboard exchange between Pye Hastings and Dave Sinclair. This is the best track on the album. Another track that would not sound out of place on Waterloo Lily. "Piano Player" has lyrics about drinking and smoking that only Caravan sing about with expertise. It's a very flighty piece with Geoffrey Richardson delivering an inspired solo on the viola. A track to listen to after a warm rain. "Make Yourself At Home" starts out like a Doobie Brothers track, then the unmistakable english vocals are present with a relaxed/loose/slacker sound in the playing by the band. There's a weird vocoder effect on the vocal. Very cool! Uh oh, in comes the disco with the track "Golden Mile". No worse than "Summer Lightning" from Camel's Breathless, really. "Golden Mile" reminds me of something one might here on the Cafe Jacques album "Round The Back"(which also features Geoffrey Richardson). "Bright Shiny Day" is just that. A happy track. Off to Jamaica with the reggae of "Clear Blue Sky"(Police meets Dire Straits?). Nice guitar work from Pye Hastings. "Keepin' Up De Fences" is another great track and it concludes the album. Caravan with timbales? Yes, indeed. This one reminds me of something off Gentle Giant's "Civilian", yet I can't put my finger on it. A lively track this one - the boys sounding like "Caravan" with a nice keyboard/guitar/keyboard exchange. I have to say that I love albums like this on progarchives.com. The low ratings are unwarranted. it all depends on your taste. If you enjoy the Camel albums "Breathless" and "I Can See Your House From Here", then you'll certainly find something to enjoy with "The Album". An initial listen may not impress, but try it over several listens and you will be rewarded. A great rock & roll album for fans of Steely Dan and Dire Straits. Not very "progressive" but very competent. A great addition to anyone's collection, regardless.

Send comments to Gooner (BETA) | Report this review (#403562) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 19, 2011

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
2 stars First of all let me say that my vinyl copy of the album doesn't have that anonymous cover sheet that's on PA. It has a sort of aztec pyramid with "The Album" written in the stones.....

Unfortunately it's the only "epic" thing that I can find in it.

The return of David Sinclair didn't bring all the good that one could have expected and what they were perhaps intending as a sort of reunion resulted in a big disappointment.

The opener is enough to understand what this album is made for. "Heartbreaker" is a mixture of Supertramp and Climax Blues Band. Nothing to do with the band of Winter Wine. The finger picking of "Corner Of My Eye" is not bad if you like country music. I personally like this song, but it's absolutely non-essential.

"What'cha Gonna Tell Me" is a partially successful attempt to sound as in the past, but it's clear that it's not Jimmy Hastings to play the flute. The piano riff is good and the song sounds "Caravan enough".

I'm relistening to this album after years and it's not so awful as I was remembering. "Piano Player" is not a masterpiece but I don't dislike it.

Going to the B side we find a piece of trivial brit-pop like "Make Yourself At Home" followed by the disco-funky of "Golden Mile". Two tracks to skip, but after them the brit chill-out of "Bright Shiny Day" is not that bad. A kind of newage....

What do Caravan have to do with Reggae? It's not their pot. This song makes me thing to Wishbone Ash. They have a little piece of reggae in Pilgrimage, but their one is good. At least this should have been "reggae" also in the chorus.

"Keeping Up The Fences" just doesn't do anything for me. I had totally forgotten this song, probably because I've rarely been able to run the whole album in a shot. This song is not bad if you like things like Wishbone Ash "Front Page News", but this is not what one can expect from Caravan.

I'm undecided between one and two stars. Looking at my other one-star ratings on PA I think I can be generous and go for two, but if you are not fans there's no reason to invest money in this stuff.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#427407) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 04, 2011

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars The Disco Album

Caravan entered the 80's with this Disco-infected Pop Rock album, simply titled The Album. The first two tracks are upbeat, simple Pop-Disco tunes that feel void of inspiration, but with Watcha Gonna Tell Me there is at least some first indication that they still had at least some progressive aspirations. Some nice flute and keyboard sounds there. Piano Player is a pleasant enough piano-driven semi-ballad not far away from the style of Supertramp. Electric Light Orchestra (of the late 70's) is another reference point for this album. It only occasionally sounds like a Caravan album.

Several more dull and uninspired tracks follow, and it is not until the Reggae of Clear Blue Sky that there is again anything even slightly interesting. But interesting does not equal good. The Album is another one of a long string of rather uninspired albums from Caravan.

Like the previous two albums, this one is recommended for fans and collectors

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#1129581) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 10, 2014

3 stars Caravan's ninth record which opened up the eighties was a step down for the band. Just look at the cover. It's black and has a minimalistic design and I don't like to look at it. "Better by far" hadn't a very nice cover either but it was better. This album is the lowest rated Caravan album of ... (read more)

Report this review (#1088556) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Wednesday, December 11, 2013 | Review Permanlink

1 stars It's really hard for a Caravan-fan to say this, but listening to this album is just torture. The only decent song is Keeping Up The Fences and by that I mean listenable for a minute. I know this is harsh but where is the energy? Maybe I understand now why Dave Sinclair needed a breeze of fresh ... (read more)

Report this review (#344550) | Posted by BrainStillLife | Monday, December 06, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Not a masterpiece, but not a disaster. Dave Sinclair is back, and, needless to say, his stuff is the best: "Watcha gonna tell me" and "Piano Player" * are good indeed. "Make yourself at home" ** and Pye's "Keeping up De Fences" are nice songs, too. There are also some strange episodes such as disc ... (read more)

Report this review (#282816) | Posted by pied piper | Thursday, May 20, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Oh dear - such a great band - such a poor album (for their high standards). I disagree with other reviewers who pick out the reggae track "clear blue sky" as this track apitomises the root of the problem with this album - which is this viola and guitar player Geoff Richardson was given too mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#93058) | Posted by Mark Roberts | Monday, October 02, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars If after "better by far" you thought, that it can't get worse, you were wrong. Most of the songs here are depressingly soapy, boring and uninspired "ballads" sung by Pye Hastings. If "clear blue sky"(with a touch of reagge) or "golden mile" seem a little bit better than the rest of the album, ... (read more)

Report this review (#44112) | Posted by kajetan | Wednesday, August 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CARAVAN "The Album"