THE ALBUM

Collectors/fans only

Buy CARAVAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. Heartbreaker (3:06)
2. Corner of me eye (3:37)
3. Watcha gonna tell me (4:48)
4. Piano player (5:24)
5. Make yourself at home (3:26)
6. Golden mile (3:12)
7. Bright shiny day (6:17)
8. Clear blue sky (6:25)
9. Keepin' up the fences (5:17)

Bonus tracks on Eclectic remaster (2004):
10. Heartbreaker (single version) (3:40)
11. It's Never Too Late (6:24)

Search CARAVAN The Album lyrics

Search CARAVAN The Album tabs

- Richard Coughlan / drums
- Pye Hastings / guitars, vocals
- Dek Messecar / bass, backing vocals
- Geoff Richardson / guitar, viola, flute, vocals
- David Sinclair / keyboards

LP Kingdom CDKVL 9003 (1980)
CD Eclectic 1011 (2004 remaster)

and to Joolz for the last updates

CARAVAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CARAVAN The Album Music

In the Land of Grey & PinkIn the Land of Grey & Pink
Polygram UK 2005
For Girls Who Grow Plump in NightFor Girls Who Grow Plump in Night
Polygram UK 2005
If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do ItIf I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It
Caravan & The New SymphoniaCaravan & The New Symphonia
In the Land of Grey & PinkIn the Land of Grey & Pink
Universal UK 2011
Waterloo LilyWaterloo Lily
Polygram UK 2001
EDGAR HAYES "Caravan" & "In the Mood" / Brunswick 80139 Excellent Jazz 78-rpm NM US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h
THE HOUSEMARTIANS - CARAVAN OF LOVE - 45rpm + FREE P/S* (MS4) US $1.25 [0 bids]
COZY COLE: Caravan (Parts I & II) ~ 1959 Grand Award 45 ? Big Beat sound HEAR IT US $29.95 [0 bids]
2h
CARAVAN Travelling Ways 2-CD Set U.K. Prog/Canterbury Rock US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 29m
JAVIER GUTIERREZ & VIVAZ - LATIN CARAVAN NEW CD US $29.39 Buy It Now 2h 46m
BELLY DANCE - THE SULTAN'S CARAVAN TURKISH RARE ORIENTAL US $50.00 Buy It Now 2h 49m
CAMEL sealed LP Rain Dances JANUS jxs-7035 PROG Caravan KING CRIMSON US $4.99 [1 bids]
Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It All ... japan mini LP SHM CD US $26.99 [0 bids]
ERLAND AND THE CARNIVAL.SEALED VINYL ALBUM STATIC CARAVAN US $17.04 Buy It Now 4h 42m
ZOMBI(STEVE MOORE)SLOW OSCILLATIONS,7'' STATIC CARAVAN NEW US $10.22 Buy It Now 5h 21m
CARAVAN OF MUGHAM MELODIES / VARIOUS NEW CD US $30.92 Buy It Now 5h 37m
CLIFFORD BROWN ALL STARS-CARAVAN-JAPAN CD B75 US $15.50 Buy It Now 6h 50m
THE HOUSEMARTINS - CARAVAN OF LOVE: 7" VINYL SINGLE IN A PICTURE SLEEVE US $6.81 Buy It Now 6h 53m
GYPSY CARAVAN - QUEST NEW CD US $30.56 Buy It Now 7h 9m
CARAVAN PALACE - NEW CD US $21.69 Buy It Now 7h 16m
JOHN LA BARBERA BIG - CARAVAN [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $11.74 Buy It Now 7h 17m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - THE HOUSEMARTINS - CARAVAN OF LOVE - GOD 16 US $11.92 Buy It Now 7h 36m
Sunbirds -s/t CD krautrock jazz fusion xhol caravan ibliss garden of delights US $9.99 [0 bids]
CARAVAN Cunning Stunts JAPAN MINI-LP CD OBI SEALED +3 1975 SHM-CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 9h 9m
LP Marsalis, Wynton "Marsalis Standard Time Volume Vol.1" CBS 451 039 1 Caravan US $15.34 Buy It Now 9h 31m
SOUNDTRACK MEDICINE BALL CARAVAN 1971 WARNER BROS DEMO US $25.00 Buy It Now 9h 48m
CARAVAN - CARAVAN & THE NEW SYMPHONIA NEW CD US $20.15 Buy It Now 10h 27m
CARAVAN & THE NEW SYMPHONIA (London Records) #PS 650 1974 ORIG 1st US Pressing US $24.99 Buy It Now 10h 33m
78rpm PHILIP GREEN ORCH caravan , ellington / ruby US $34.12 Buy It Now 10h 49m
CARAVAN FEATURING ARIF ST MICHAEL promise 12" 3 trk deep south mix (hys005t) uk US $8.51 Buy It Now 11h 29m
Bob Crosby & The Bobcats 1939 Camel Caravan Shows CD Harlequin Recs US $12.79 Buy It Now 11h 34m
CARAVAN - PLACE OF MY OWN: THE COLLECTION CD ALBUM (March 31st 2014) US $6.81 Buy It Now 11h 49m
HAJI MIKE / DUB CARAVAN - VIRTUAL OASIS NEW CD US $18.61 Buy It Now 11h 56m
Tex Williams & Wester Caravan Ocean Waves / Texas Star Square Dance 12" 78 US $14.95 Buy It Now 11h 57m
Tex Williams Western Caravan Ocean A&E Rag / Rakes of Mallow Square Dance 12" 78 US $14.95 Buy It Now 11h 57m
CARAVAN (1st LP w/U.S. & UK Sleeves) JAPAN Mini LP/SHM-CD NEW/SEALED (16 Trax) US $29.99 Buy It Now 12h 57m
THE HOUSEMARTINS - Caravan of love 7" single - Excellent condition US $6.47 Buy It Now 13h 15m
Speed Caravan - Kalashnik Love [CD New] US $19.14 Buy It Now 13h 16m
Caravan - Caravan & The New Symphonia [CD New] US $15.17 Buy It Now 13h 17m
Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again Remas NEW CD US $8.38 Buy It Now 13h 26m
ISLEY JASPER ISLEY caravan of love A6612 uk epic 1985 7" PS EX/VG+ US $12.32 Buy It Now 13h 32m
JOE D'URSO & STONE CARAVAN - CAUSE NEW CD US $21.69 Buy It Now 13h 38m
CARAVAN - AND THE NEW SYMPHONIA 2001 REMASTERED JAPAN MINI LP CD US $34.10 Buy It Now 13h 56m
CARAVAN - CUNNING STUNTS 2001 REMASTERED JAPAN MINI LP CD US $34.10 Buy It Now 13h 56m
Vaugh Montow Caravan "45" US $9.99 [0 bids]
Robin Trower Caravan To Midnight SEALED USA LP NO BARCODE US $27.99 [0 bids]
Mike Hale - Lives Like Mine LP - Suburban Home / Hometown Caravan - Rock US $9.01 [0 bids]
If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It, Caravan, New Original recording remas US $14.16 Buy It Now 15h 11m
SIR CHARLES (Blue Monday Caravan / Cooking With Cook) JAZZ 78 RPM RECORD US $16.00 Buy It Now 15h 13m
KENT HARIAN: Echoes Of Joy 1956 Caravan LP 15611 Mono LP AL COHN GIL EVANS Rare US $250.00 Buy It Now 15h 16m
American Caravan Volume 4~4 Track 3 3/4 IPS Reel to Reel Tape US $13.59 Buy It Now 15h 51m
Caravan - Quartet Kronos CD Music US $11.95 Buy It Now 15h 51m
THE HOUSEMARTINS, CARAVAN OF LOVE / WHEN I FIRST MET JESUS. ORIGINAL 1986 SINGLE US $1.69 [1 bids]
American Caravan Volume 4 7" Reel to Reel 4 Track US $14.39 Buy It Now 15h 56m
CARAVAN Cunning Stunts vinyl LP 1975 US $12.00 Buy It Now 16h 31m
NEW JOHN HOWARD GOSPEL CARAVAN i want to be holy LP SEALED modern soul gospel US $12.00 Buy It Now 16h 37m
Tex Williams and his Western Caravan 4 Record 78 RPM Set # AD 56,Polka ! US $12.00 Buy It Now 16h 48m
Jazz 45 FLIP PHILLIPS & MACHITO CARAVAN / FLYING HOME MERCURY ORANGE VINYL US $9.99 [0 bids]
Jalousie - Caravan dick contino Horace Heidt MA 500 US $2.97 [0 bids]
Cathedral - Caravan Beyond Redemption / Japan + 1 US $3.50 [1 bids]
CARAVAN ORCHESTRA--JEROME KERN DANCE ALBUM--CARAVAN 45 EP W/ PIC SLEEVE (1949) US $15.00 Buy It Now 17h 28m
HOUSEMARTINS CARAVAN OF LOVE NM USA 7in 45rpm INTL SHIP SLSH 63 ACL US $2.99 Buy It Now 17h 38m
The Show Of Our Lives: Live At The BBC 1968-1975 Caravan Audio CD US $20.16 Buy It Now 17h 43m
Esquire Boys 45 w/Danny Cedrone "Caravan" on Rainbow Records, 1950s instrumental US $4.99 [0 bids]
Caravan-Same-Verve Forecast 3066-NICE PROG US $49.99 Buy It Now 17h 55m
CARAVAN: A Hunting We Shall Go: Live In 1974 (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $35.00 Buy It Now 18h 2m
CRYSTAL CARAVAN: Against The Rising Tide LP (Sweden, gatefold cover, w/ insert US $25.00 Buy It Now 18h 9m
MILTON CROSS-Little Black Sambo-Kids 10" 78rpm G/VG Caravan Records Red Single US $17.99 Buy It Now 18h 22m
THE HOUSEMARTINS caravan of love GODX 16 uk go discs 1986 12" PS EX/EX US $15.34 Buy It Now 18h 28m
CHARLES HARRISON Tenor Where my caravan has rested 78 HMV B351 US $22.16 Buy It Now 18h 44m
Etowah 1001 Ann Simmons And The Reptiles/Dixie Caravan/Rare Rockabilly US $9.95 [0 bids]
SEALED LP~STEVEN GROSSMAN~Caravan Tonight~[Original 1974 MERCURY Issue]~ US $13.90 Buy It Now 19h 20m
HIDDEN HAND mother teacher ORIG VINYL 2-LP saint vitus spirit caravan obsessed US $29.99 [0 bids]
HIDDEN HAND divine propaganda ORIG VINYL LP saint vitus spirit caravan obsessed US $29.99 [2 bids]
Kronos Caravan by Kronos Quartet US $0.99 Buy It Now 19h 36m
2 LPs GEORGE SHEARING ON STAGE & CARAVAN 33 RPM VG COND. US $9.00 [0 bids]
CARAVAN - WATERLOO LILY - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $20.15 Buy It Now 19h 56m
INSPIRAL CARPETS - CARAVAN UK MAXI CD SINGLE E.P W/RARE B-SIDES US $8.50 Buy It Now 20h 8m
LYN VERNON - WOODCHOPPERS BALL/ CARAVAN - ROCKABILLY/ MEMPHIS BLUES 45RPM US $7.99 [0 bids]
REGGAE *SOCA*BLUE RHYTHM COMBO*CARAVAN*7"*VG+*CANADIAN ORIG. PRESS US $19.99 Buy It Now 20h 17m
Duke Ellington, Azure/Caravan, Master 131 US $15.00 [0 bids]
LP Record Charles Magnane "Caravan/Dark eyes" US $4.99 Buy It Now 20h 45m
Duke Ellington The One & Only CD Jump For Joy Caravan Perdido Blue Skies 12 TRAX US $2.99 Buy It Now 20h 53m
45 - EP - MGM Records - George Shearing Quintet - Caravan US $19.91 [0 bids]
Inspiral Carpets Caravan Cd Single US $10.22 Buy It Now 20h 58m
Frequency [Digipak] by Naked Rhythm (Worldbeat) (CD, Oct-2007, Caravan Records) US $0.99 [0 bids]
21h
INSPIRAL CARPETS caravan 12" 3 trk promo b/w skidoo (pdung13t) uk mute 1991 US $8.51 Buy It Now 21h 22m
INSPIRAL CARPETS caravan 12" 3 trk b/w what noise rethink version and skidoo (du US $8.51 Buy It Now 21h 22m
PANTERA import cd PLANET CARAVAN free US shipping US $13.20 Buy It Now 21h 47m
ROBIN TROWER Caravan To Midnight LP EX US $5.99 [0 bids]
DUKE ELLINGTON CD THE GREAT LONDON CONCERTS Take the "A" Train, Caravan, Perdido US $0.01 [0 bids]
Astro Can Caravan - Planet Caravan EU CD NEW 2010 Finland Space-Age Jazz US $18.00 Buy It Now 22h 9m
DEJA VU (MID 90'S GROUP) messages 12" 4 trk blue riot mix b/w caravan dub, grins US $8.51 Buy It Now 22h 10m
Art Blakey and the Jazz Messangers Caravan LP microgroove Nice Reissue US $9.99 Buy It Now 22h 19m
CARAVAN For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night 1st US Press LONDON LP STERLING US $19.99 [0 bids]
Caravan to Midnight by Robin Trower 8 track tape tested US $5.00 Buy It Now 22h 38m
CARAVAN Blind Dog At St Dunstan's. Repertoire CD US $12.49 Buy It Now 22h 44m
CARAVAN Blind Dog At St. Dunstans. Repertoire CD MLPS US $18.99 Buy It Now 22h 44m
CARAVAN Cunning Stunts. Repertoire CD US $12.49 Buy It Now 22h 44m
CARAVAN Cunning Stunts. Repertoire CD Mini-LP Sleeve US $18.99 Buy It Now 22h 44m
MEDICINE BALL CARAVAN: Music From The Motion Picture soundtrack vinyl US $11.00 Buy It Now 22h 46m
Rare Stereo LP : Hot Rod Caravan ~ Great cars from coast to coast ~ Battle 96130 US $30.00 [0 bids]
7"-45rpm- Lafayettes- Caravan of Lonely Men /I Still Do-1962 RCA 47- 8082 US $4.99 Buy It Now 22h 53m
play of colour - Symphonic Caravan - Japan CD - NEW US $17.99 Buy It Now 22h 56m
Caravan For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night 1973 Psychedelic Rock London 637 US $49.80 Buy It Now 23h 27m

More places to buy CARAVAN music online Buy CARAVAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CARAVAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CARAVAN The Album ratings distribution

CARAVAN The Album reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars I think that the title says it all. No inspiration. Only Clear Blue Sky - a reggae - manages some interest from my ears , the rest being really a lacklustre collection of uninspired songs . I am so sorry one of my favorite band ever got so low . This one did come out on Cd but look elsewhere as there are tons of Caravan records to investigate before delving for this one.

While rewriting my Blind Dog review, I had a chance to add this and tell you that this got a second release (remastered ) with a few Bonus Tracks - not that it would make it less un-essential - on the Eclectic label.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#21422) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 02, 2004

Review by Prog-jester
2 stars Even in their worst times CARAVAN are intelligent enough. Solid and even record, “The Album” is somewhere in between “Blind Dog…” and DONOVAN or THE MAMAS AND THE PAPAS. Not recommended in any way, but it’s interesting journey for early CARAVAN fans. Unfortunately, they didn’t get better after it, and their later studio albums fall into the same line. Nice and inescapable addition for die-hard CARAVAN fan collection, but don’t bother if you still haven’t made your mind towards their best efforts.

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#124838) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars SHOULD I COME BACK OR SHOULD I STAY AWAY (PART X)

This is frankly the question. Dave is back again in the band. But what for? This is a major flop IMO. One out of many of course in the early eighties from a prog point of view. At the end of the day, where were the great bands of the seventies (even if "Caravan" has never belonged to my fave ones)?

Gone are the days of their exquisite and so personal music that could be found on "For Girls". This one is just a poor I don't know what album. No genre can be associated with this album. Only that it is poor from start to finish.

Attempts to rock like "Make Yourself At Home" completely fails. And the awful disco "Golden Mile" just show you the quick way to the toilets. Run fast if you want to avoid the vomiting thing to happen onto your pants.This is the absolute nadir of this band (so far).

There are not a single track that stands out on this album. A shame of course for Caravan. But they won't be the only ones to produce a crappy album I these eighties, right? There is even one ridiculous attempt to a reggae song in here. This genre was rather commercially successful at the time, and I liked quite a lot bands as Culture and Steel Pulse during those days to know what great reggae was all about. This one is just boring and useless. Does anyone need "Caravan" to turn into poor reggae? Definitely not!

One star and this is way too much for this extremely poor album.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#160504) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 01, 2008

Review by UMUR
2 stars The Album is the ninth full-length studio album by UK progressive rock act Caravan. Itīs been three years since their last album Better By Far (1977) was released and one could expect that those three years had been used wisely. Better By Far (1977) was a below standard album from the band though and I had my worries before listening to The Album.

The music is soft rock with only a few of the progressive elements left that made earlier albums by Caravan so great. The only song that gives small hints to their past greatness is Watcha Gonna Tell Me. Itīs be far the best song on the album with flute and those quirky fast vocal lines that I love from the old albums. Opener Heartbreaker and the song Piano Player are also respectable ( remember I didnīt say good), but the rest is rather bland and forgettable. Thereīs even a poor attempt to play white man reggae in the song Clear Blue Sky ( and no it doesnīt sound like UB40). Thatīs a disaster to my ears.

The musicianship is as good as usual and itīs rather interesting that David Sinclair has returned on the keyboards once again.

The production is good. Warm and pleasant and it suits the music perfectly.

The Album is unfortunately another below average album by Caravan and itīs hard not to get the thought that they really didnīt have much more to offer to the world of music at this point in their career. A 2 star rating is warranted. I must say that I had expected much more from the band after a three year recording break.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#210979) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 11, 2009

Review by Gooner
3 stars "The Album" is quite good. In fact, I like it a lot. It's very much like a pick & mix bowl of candies. It's a contribution of individual songs "played' by members of Caravan. I don't really consider it a Caravan album per se. "Heartbreaker" is a great pop rock song that would sound great on Waterloo Lily. "Corner Of Me Eye" is a track by Geoffrey Richardson that sounds like it may be a Caravan tune until it turns into progressive bluegrass during the instrumental part of the track. A great twist(Dixie Dregs/Little Feat anyone?). "Watcha Gonna Tell Me" has some nice electric piano and beautiful flute colourings and a flute solo from Geoffrey Richardson...and a great guitar/keyboard/guitar/keyboard exchange between Pye Hastings and Dave Sinclair. This is the best track on the album. Another track that would not sound out of place on Waterloo Lily. "Piano Player" has lyrics about drinking and smoking that only Caravan sing about with expertise. It's a very flighty piece with Geoffrey Richardson delivering an inspired solo on the viola. A track to listen to after a warm rain. "Make Yourself At Home" starts out like a Doobie Brothers track, then the unmistakable english vocals are present with a relaxed/loose/slacker sound in the playing by the band. There's a weird vocoder effect on the vocal. Very cool! Uh oh, in comes the disco with the track "Golden Mile". No worse than "Summer Lightning" from Camel's Breathless, really. "Golden Mile" reminds me of something one might here on the Cafe Jacques album "Round The Back"(which also features Geoffrey Richardson). "Bright Shiny Day" is just that. A happy track. Off to Jamaica with the reggae of "Clear Blue Sky"(Police meets Dire Straits?). Nice guitar work from Pye Hastings. "Keepin' Up De Fences" is another great track and it concludes the album. Caravan with timbales? Yes, indeed. This one reminds me of something off Gentle Giant's "Civilian", yet I can't put my finger on it. A lively track this one - the boys sounding like "Caravan" with a nice keyboard/guitar/keyboard exchange. I have to say that I love albums like this on progarchives.com. The low ratings are unwarranted. it all depends on your taste. If you enjoy the Camel albums "Breathless" and "I Can See Your House From Here", then you'll certainly find something to enjoy with "The Album". An initial listen may not impress, but try it over several listens and you will be rewarded. A great rock & roll album for fans of Steely Dan and Dire Straits. Not very "progressive" but very competent. A great addition to anyone's collection, regardless.

Send comments to Gooner (BETA) | Report this review (#403562) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 19, 2011

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
2 stars First of all let me say that my vinyl copy of the album doesn't have that anonymous cover sheet that's on PA. It has a sort of aztec pyramid with "The Album" written in the stones.....

Unfortunately it's the only "epic" thing that I can find in it.

The return of David Sinclair didn't bring all the good that one could have expected and what they were perhaps intending as a sort of reunion resulted in a big disappointment.

The opener is enough to understand what this album is made for. "Heartbreaker" is a mixture of Supertramp and Climax Blues Band. Nothing to do with the band of Winter Wine. The finger picking of "Corner Of My Eye" is not bad if you like country music. I personally like this song, but it's absolutely non-essential.

"What'cha Gonna Tell Me" is a partially successful attempt to sound as in the past, but it's clear that it's not Jimmy Hastings to play the flute. The piano riff is good and the song sounds "Caravan enough".

I'm relistening to this album after years and it's not so awful as I was remembering. "Piano Player" is not a masterpiece but I don't dislike it.

Going to the B side we find a piece of trivial brit-pop like "Make Yourself At Home" followed by the disco-funky of "Golden Mile". Two tracks to skip, but after them the brit chill-out of "Bright Shiny Day" is not that bad. A kind of newage....

What do Caravan have to do with Reggae? It's not their pot. This song makes me thing to Wishbone Ash. They have a little piece of reggae in Pilgrimage, but their one is good. At least this should have been "reggae" also in the chorus.

"Keeping Up The Fences" just doesn't do anything for me. I had totally forgotten this song, probably because I've rarely been able to run the whole album in a shot. This song is not bad if you like things like Wishbone Ash "Front Page News", but this is not what one can expect from Caravan.

I'm undecided between one and two stars. Looking at my other one-star ratings on PA I think I can be generous and go for two, but if you are not fans there's no reason to invest money in this stuff.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#427407) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 04, 2011

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars The Disco Album

Caravan entered the 80's with this Disco-infected Pop Rock album, simply titled The Album. The first two tracks are upbeat, simple Pop-Disco tunes that feel void of inspiration, but with Watcha Gonna Tell Me there is at least some first indication that they still had at least some progressive aspirations. Some nice flute and keyboard sounds there. Piano Player is a pleasant enough piano-driven semi-ballad not far away from the style of Supertramp. Electric Light Orchestra (of the late 70's) is another reference point for this album. It only occasionally sounds like a Caravan album.

Several more dull and uninspired tracks follow, and it is not until the Reggae of Clear Blue Sky that there is again anything even slightly interesting. But interesting does not equal good. The Album is another one of a long string of rather uninspired albums from Caravan.

Like the previous two albums, this one is recommended for fans and collectors

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#1129581) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 10, 2014

3 stars Caravan's ninth record which opened up the eighties was a step down for the band. Just look at the cover. It's black and has a minimalistic design and I don't like to look at it. "Better by far" hadn't a very nice cover either but it was better. This album is the lowest rated Caravan album of ... (read more)

Report this review (#1088556) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Wednesday, December 11, 2013 | Review Permanlink

1 stars It's really hard for a Caravan-fan to say this, but listening to this album is just torture. The only decent song is Keeping Up The Fences and by that I mean listenable for a minute. I know this is harsh but where is the energy? Maybe I understand now why Dave Sinclair needed a breeze of fresh ... (read more)

Report this review (#344550) | Posted by BrainStillLife | Monday, December 06, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Not a masterpiece, but not a disaster. Dave Sinclair is back, and, needless to say, his stuff is the best: "Watcha gonna tell me" and "Piano Player" * are good indeed. "Make yourself at home" ** and Pye's "Keeping up De Fences" are nice songs, too. There are also some strange episodes such as disc ... (read more)

Report this review (#282816) | Posted by pied piper | Thursday, May 20, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Oh dear - such a great band - such a poor album (for their high standards). I disagree with other reviewers who pick out the reggae track "clear blue sky" as this track apitomises the root of the problem with this album - which is this viola and guitar player Geoff Richardson was given too mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#93058) | Posted by Mark Roberts | Monday, October 02, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars If after "better by far" you thought, that it can't get worse, you were wrong. Most of the songs here are depressingly soapy, boring and uninspired "ballads" sung by Pye Hastings. If "clear blue sky"(with a touch of reagge) or "golden mile" seem a little bit better than the rest of the album, ... (read more)

Report this review (#44112) | Posted by kajetan | Wednesday, August 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CARAVAN "The Album"