THE ALBUM

Collectors/fans only

Buy CARAVAN Music
Studio Album, released in 1980

1. Heartbreaker (3:06)
2. Corner Of Me Eye (3:37)
3. Watcha Gonna Tell Me (4:48)
4. Piano Player (5:24)
5. Make Yourself At Home (3:26)
6. Golden Mile (3:12)
7. Bright Shiny Day (6:17)
8. Clear Blue Sky (6:25)
9. Keepin' Up The Fences (5:17)

Bonus tracks on Eclectic remaster (2004):
10. Heartbreaker (Single version, A-Side) (3:40)
11. It's Never Too Late (Single B-Side) (6:24)

Search CARAVAN The Album lyrics

Search CARAVAN The Album tabs

- Pye Hastings / guitars, vocals
- David Sinclair / keyboards (piano, electric piano, organ, synth)
- Geoff Richardson / guitar, viola, flute, vocals
- Dek Messecar / bass, backing vocals
- Richard Coughlan / drums

LP Kingdom Records - KVL 9003 (1980, UK)

CD Kingdom Records ‎- CDKVL 9003 (1991, UK)
CD Eclectic Discs ‎- ECLCD 1011 (2004, UK) Remastered by Paschal Byrne w/ 2 bonus tracks and different cover art

and to Quinino for the last updates

CARAVAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CARAVAN The Album Music

The Album by CaravanThe Album by Caravan
Eclectic Discs
The Album by CaravanThe Album by Caravan
Eclectic Discs
Caravan - The Album - Kingdom Records - INT 147.800 (KVL 9003)Caravan - The Album - Kingdom Records - INT 147.800 (KVL 9003)
Kingdom Records
Vinyl$111.00 (used)

Caravan Of Dreams - Peter White (CD 1996) USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Caravan Of Dreams - Peter White (CD 1996) USD $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Caravan [VINYL] Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers Vinyl USD $26.01 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Crestliners - Let's Do It Again *Hurt Me* Caravan [Demo] Cassette Tape VG! #CT38 USD $10.33 Buy It Now 4h 2m
JOHN WILLIAMSON Old Farts In Caravan Parks CD USD $7.41 Buy It Now 10h 53m
CARAVANS-CD-OROGINAL MOTION PICTURE SCORE-14 TRACKS-AUSTRALIA (MIKE BATT) USD $8.93 Buy It Now 11h 58m
STILL CARAVAN-DEPARTURES-JAPAN CD E25 USD $20.99 Buy It Now 12h 21m
Bertha Coolidge Live At Caravan Of Dreams, 2001 Jazz Funk CD Signed Autograph USD $25.90 Buy It Now 13h 36m
THE GOSPEL SINGING CARAVAN VARIOUS ARTIST LP RECORDS ALBUMS USD $4.59 Buy It Now 14h 40m
CARAVAN CANTERBURY TALES - THE BEST OF LP DOUBLE ALBUM IN G/FOLD COVER UK USD $29.11 Buy It Now 16h 21m
Caravan Cunning Stunts LP RECORD ALBUM ROCK STEREO 33 RPM EXCELLENT VINYL USD $5.99 Buy It Now 16h 56m
Salute To The Caravans CD *NEW 1992 Soul/Gospel Clark Sisters Truthettes Witness USD $33.00 Buy It Now 17h 53m
MIKE BATT ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SCORE CARAVANS & SCHIZOPHONIA 2FER RARE BIN USD $17.99 Buy It Now 17h 54m
Caravan First Album - Caravan Compact Disc USD $11.91 Buy It Now 18h 39m
Caravan - Place Of My Own: The Collection NEW CD USD $4.54 Buy It Now 19h 21m
CD Album: Caravan : If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It All Over You USD $23.22 Buy It Now 21h
CARAVAN-LIVE UK TOUR 1975-JAPAN CD Gi35 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 21h 2m
GARDEN - ROUND & AND ROUND CD Static Caravan ?- VAN 113 Lord Skywave Simon Lord USD $4.43 Buy It Now 23h 29m
CARAVAN-IN THE LAND OF GREY & PINK CD NEW USD $30.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Lot of 4 Robin Trower Vinyl LP Record Albums City Dreams, Bridge Sighs, Caravan USD $5.50 [3 bids]
Christmas Caravan by Squirrel Nut Zippers (CD, Oct-1998, Mammoth) rock USD $2.99 [0 bids]
EDDIE LAYTON AT THE HAMMOND ORGAN CARAVAN MERCURY WING RECORD ALBUM USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN-IN THE LAND OF GREY AND PINK-JAPAN SHM-SACD G88 USD $32.50 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN FOR GIRLS WHO GROW PLUMP JAPAN SHM MINI LP CD UICY-94330 USD $49.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Sealed! CARAVAN In The land of Grey JAPAN DSD SHM-SACD Ltd UIGY-9047 OBI CARD PS USD $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PETER COLLABORATION ULRICH - THE PAINTED CARAVAN CD NEW+ USD $20.60 Buy It Now 1 day
BUDDY RICH - PLAYTIME / BLUES CARAVAN 2 Albums On 1 CD (New & Sealed) CD USD $6.32 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVAN - Live At Shepherds Bush Empire 2011 CD X2 PROG USD $15.18 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan-The Album-LP 1980 Kingdom Records INT 147.800 Made in Germany USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CARAVANS with Shirley Caesar * NEW CD * The Best of the Caravans * 23 Orig Hits USD $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW CANADA 2016 ALBUM CD - THE LOST FINGERS - CHRISTMAS CARAVAN USD $6.99 [0 bids]
USD $12.99 Buy It Now
Mike Batt - Caravans Soundtrack (1979 CD UK OST 70s) USD $11.17 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan Waterloo Lily Japanese vinyl LP album record K16P-9060 DERAM 1976 USD $74.62 Buy It Now 2 days
Harry Horlick And His Orchestra - Gypsy Caravan Vinyl LP Record Album L70129 USD $14.54 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan - Cunning Stunts CD Mini LP UICY-9067 (Japan) RARE NEW USD $35.00 Buy It Now 2 days
VAN MORRISON - MOONDANCE D/Remaster CD ~ CARAVAN~AND IT STONED ME ~ 70's *NEW* USD $8.92 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan - Caravan & The New Symphonia CD SHM Japan Mini LP UICY-94331 USD $24.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Buddy Rich Playtime/Blues Caravan CD NEW SEALED Jazz USD $6.32 Buy It Now 2 days
LIVE AT STARBUCKS: "Caravan" +10 more (CD) RAY BROWN TRIO -G. Keezer, K. Riggins USD $7.95 Buy It Now 2 days
THE QUILL - VOODOO CARAVAN - 2001 STEAMHAMMER/SPV CD USD $6.33 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan - Wander Around - Japan CD+DVD - NEW J-POP USD $18.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Pantera Reinventing Hell: The Best Of CD NEW SEALED 2003 Metal Planet Caravan+ USD $6.32 Buy It Now 2 days
SHADY BARD ?- From The Ground Up CD DIGIPAK MINT/STILL SEALED STATIC CARAVAN USD $3.78 [0 bids]
THE VANAVER CARAVAN Pastures Of Plenty Songs Of Woody Guthrie CD SUPERB C'TION USD $9.60 [0 bids]
ART BLAKEY & THE JAZZ MESSENGERS-CARAVAN -JAPAN SHM-CD Bonus Track C94 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Johnny Otis Rhythm and Blues Caravan The Complete Savoy Recordings 3 CD New USD $40.40 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan by Art Blakey/The Jazz Messengers/Randy Bernsen/Art Blakey USD $25.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LARRY ADLER - GOLDEN ERA OF COMPILATION CD ALBUM - CARAVAN, TIGER RAG, RHAPSODY USD $1.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Travelling Man by Caravan NEW SEALED UK CD, Feb-1998, Mooncrest Records) USD $8.98 Buy It Now 2 days
VG Tiajuana Caravan ~ self titled (Zsa Zsa Gaboo / 1995 CD) USD $0.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ISLEY JASPER ISLEY-CARAVAN OF LOVE-JAPAN CD E78 USD $22.99 Buy It Now 3 days
HOCTOR DANCE CARAVAN ALBUM NO. HLP-3029 LP USD $13.50 [0 bids]
Georgian Banov Caravan A Journey To Another Place 2005 BlissSong CD of Seawind USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
In the Land of Grey and Pink by Caravan (CD, Apr-1989, Universal/Polygram) USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
WYNTON MARSALIS:STANDARD TIME VOLUME ONE-1987 Album-Columbia CD Inc.Caravan-NEW USD $2.52 [0 bids]
Caravan Waterloo Lily Japanese Shm-cd Obi Japan Original UICY 20132 Soft Machine USD $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan BBC Live In Concert UK CD album (CDLP) SFRSCD058 BBC/STRANGE FRUIT USD $22.14 Buy It Now 3 days
Relief Split LP vinyl LP album record German NUMBER003 HOMTOWN CARAVAN USD $17.01 Buy It Now 3 days
In The Land Of Grey And Pink - 2nd Caravan vinyl LP album record UK SDL-R1 USD $68.29 Buy It Now 3 days
Cunning Stunts Caravan USA vinyl LP album record BTM5000 BTM 1975 USD $30.32 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan vinyl LP album record For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night Japanese USD $60.70 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan Recorded Live At Metropolis Studio UK 2-LP vinyl record (Double Album) USD $37.03 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan - Live at 2 Shepherd's Bush 2011 [Live 2xCD Album] USD $16.14 [0 bids]
Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It All Over You (2001) CD USD $8.85 [0 bids]
Bloomdido, Caravan * John Birks Gillespie USD $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan Palace - Do oB (2015) CD BRAND NEW at TheShopMusicaMonette from Canada USD $15.03 Buy It Now 3 days
V.A.-BLUES CARAVAN 2014-JAPAN CD+DVD G09 USD $27.99 Buy It Now 3 days
CARAVAN-FOR GIRLS WHO GROW PLUMP IN THE NIGHT-JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD I50 USD $36.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Caravan (CD, Apr-2000, Nonesuch Records (USA)) USD $0.99 [1 bids]
CARAVAN-In The Land Of Grey And Pink JAPAN Mini LP SHM-CD w/OBI Like New USD $19.99 Buy It Now 4 days
^ JOHN G. PERRY sunset wading CARAVAN UICY-93832 JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD // USD $32.99 Buy It Now 4 days
^ CARAVAN & THE NEW SYMPHONIA JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD NEW USD $43.99 Buy It Now 4 days
PARASOL CARAVAN - PARA SOLEM CD NEW+ USD $25.97 Buy It Now 4 days
Rupert Hine:Immunity Promo Box [Japan Mini-LP no cd anthony phillips caravan Q USD $55.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Caravan Caravan & The New Symphonia Japanese vinyl LP album record SLC815 USD $68.29 Buy It Now 4 days
Caravan-Unauthorised Breakfast Item (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.01 Buy It Now 4 days
Caravan-Better By Far (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.01 Buy It Now 4 days
THE SILK ROAD A MUSICAL CARAVAN 2 CD SMITHSONIAN FOLKWAYS RECORDING 2002 USD $8.60 Buy It Now 4 days
CARAVAN CLUB CONCERT BAND - CD ALBUM USD $5.05 Buy It Now 4 days
BEAT CARAVAN-ODD HARMONY-JAPAN CD F04 USD $23.99 Buy It Now 4 days
CARAVAN-THIN LIZZY-ALLMAN BROTHERS- One More For The Road CD GREEK COLLECTION USD $6.79 Buy It Now 4 days
D_RRADIO U_NDERSCORE CD ALBUM SEALED STATIC CARAVAN RECORDS USD $5.05 Buy It Now 4 days
MANHATTAN JAZZ QUINTET-CARAVAN-JAPAN CD C94 USD $16.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Harry Connick Jr 25 inc Stardust Caravan + Cassette Tape - TESTED USD $4.42 Buy It Now 4 days
Caravan-Live in Concert at Metropolis Studios London CD with DVD NEW USD $15.59 Buy It Now 4 days
Caravan-Where But for Caravan Would I: An Anthology (2CDs) missing front insert USD $3.05 [0 bids]
CARAVAN GIRLS WHO GROW 7 LP Replica JAPAN OBI CD LIMITED EDITION RARE Box Set USD $545.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Inspiral Carpets cds lot eps Island Head Dragging Me Down Caravan NEW! Mute Moo! USD $3.78 [0 bids]
Christmas Caravan by Squirrel Nut Zippers (CD, Oct-1998, Mammoth) USD $1.50 Buy It Now 4 days
MIKE BATT Caravans + Schizophonia OOP EURO 2x CD issue USD $63.75 Buy It Now 4 days
JOE D'URSO & STONE CARAVAN-DOWN HERE BY THE RIVER. CD. ROOTS ROCK. RARE SIGNED USD $6.32 Buy It Now 4 days
26/6/82PGN11 CARAVAN : BACK TO FRONT ALBUM ADVERT 15X5" USD $8.23 Buy It Now 4 days
CARAVAN Cunning Stunts (1975) 1994 GERMANY CD album USD $9.75 Buy It Now 4 days
Caravan - In The Land Of Grey & Pink [CD New] USD $38.52 Buy It Now 5 days
Caravan Caravan and The New Symphonia Japanese vinyl LP album record K16P-9062 USD $54.37 Buy It Now 5 days
Caravan Canterbury Tales - The Best Of Japanese vinyl LP album record GP1093 USD $74.62 Buy It Now 5 days
Caravan-Access All Areas (UK IMPORT) Vinyl / 12" Album NEW USD $17.74 Buy It Now 5 days
BRONNT INDUSTRIES KAPITAL - Häxan OST. Rare 27-track CD STATIC CARAVAN VAN 168 USD $10.13 Buy It Now 5 days
13/10/73PN12 CARAVAN : FOR GIRLS THAT GO PLUMP IN THE NIGHT ALBUM ADVERT 7X11" USD $8.86 Buy It Now 5 days
KAZE TO CARAVAN-HAJIMARI NO KAZE - CROSSROAD --JAPAN CD F08 USD $23.99 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy CARAVAN music online Buy CARAVAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

CARAVAN The Album ratings distribution

CARAVAN The Album reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars I think that the title says it all. No inspiration. Only Clear Blue Sky - a reggae - manages some interest from my ears , the rest being really a lacklustre collection of uninspired songs . I am so sorry one of my favorite band ever got so low . This one did come out on Cd but look elsewhere as there are tons of Caravan records to investigate before delving for this one.

While rewriting my Blind Dog review, I had a chance to add this and tell you that this got a second release (remastered ) with a few Bonus Tracks - not that it would make it less un-essential - on the Eclectic label.

Review by Prog-jester
2 stars Even in their worst times CARAVAN are intelligent enough. Solid and even record, “The Album” is somewhere in between “Blind Dog…” and DONOVAN or THE MAMAS AND THE PAPAS. Not recommended in any way, but it’s interesting journey for early CARAVAN fans. Unfortunately, they didn’t get better after it, and their later studio albums fall into the same line. Nice and inescapable addition for die-hard CARAVAN fan collection, but don’t bother if you still haven’t made your mind towards their best efforts.
Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars SHOULD I COME BACK OR SHOULD I STAY AWAY (PART X)

This is frankly the question. Dave is back again in the band. But what for? This is a major flop IMO. One out of many of course in the early eighties from a prog point of view. At the end of the day, where were the great bands of the seventies (even if "Caravan" has never belonged to my fave ones)?

Gone are the days of their exquisite and so personal music that could be found on "For Girls". This one is just a poor I don't know what album. No genre can be associated with this album. Only that it is poor from start to finish.

Attempts to rock like "Make Yourself At Home" completely fails. And the awful disco "Golden Mile" just show you the quick way to the toilets. Run fast if you want to avoid the vomiting thing to happen onto your pants.This is the absolute nadir of this band (so far).

There are not a single track that stands out on this album. A shame of course for Caravan. But they won't be the only ones to produce a crappy album I these eighties, right? There is even one ridiculous attempt to a reggae song in here. This genre was rather commercially successful at the time, and I liked quite a lot bands as Culture and Steel Pulse during those days to know what great reggae was all about. This one is just boring and useless. Does anyone need "Caravan" to turn into poor reggae? Definitely not!

One star and this is way too much for this extremely poor album.

Review by UMUR
2 stars The Album is the ninth full-length studio album by UK progressive rock act Caravan. It´s been three years since their last album Better By Far (1977) was released and one could expect that those three years had been used wisely. Better By Far (1977) was a below standard album from the band though and I had my worries before listening to The Album.

The music is soft rock with only a few of the progressive elements left that made earlier albums by Caravan so great. The only song that gives small hints to their past greatness is Watcha Gonna Tell Me. It´s be far the best song on the album with flute and those quirky fast vocal lines that I love from the old albums. Opener Heartbreaker and the song Piano Player are also respectable ( remember I didn´t say good), but the rest is rather bland and forgettable. There´s even a poor attempt to play white man reggae in the song Clear Blue Sky ( and no it doesn´t sound like UB40). That´s a disaster to my ears.

The musicianship is as good as usual and it´s rather interesting that David Sinclair has returned on the keyboards once again.

The production is good. Warm and pleasant and it suits the music perfectly.

The Album is unfortunately another below average album by Caravan and it´s hard not to get the thought that they really didn´t have much more to offer to the world of music at this point in their career. A 2 star rating is warranted. I must say that I had expected much more from the band after a three year recording break.

Review by Gooner
3 stars "The Album" is quite good. In fact, I like it a lot. It's very much like a pick & mix bowl of candies. It's a contribution of individual songs "played' by members of Caravan. I don't really consider it a Caravan album per se. "Heartbreaker" is a great pop rock song that would sound great on Waterloo Lily. "Corner Of Me Eye" is a track by Geoffrey Richardson that sounds like it may be a Caravan tune until it turns into progressive bluegrass during the instrumental part of the track. A great twist(Dixie Dregs/Little Feat anyone?). "Watcha Gonna Tell Me" has some nice electric piano and beautiful flute colourings and a flute solo from Geoffrey Richardson...and a great guitar/keyboard/guitar/keyboard exchange between Pye Hastings and Dave Sinclair. This is the best track on the album. Another track that would not sound out of place on Waterloo Lily. "Piano Player" has lyrics about drinking and smoking that only Caravan sing about with expertise. It's a very flighty piece with Geoffrey Richardson delivering an inspired solo on the viola. A track to listen to after a warm rain. "Make Yourself At Home" starts out like a Doobie Brothers track, then the unmistakable english vocals are present with a relaxed/loose/slacker sound in the playing by the band. There's a weird vocoder effect on the vocal. Very cool! Uh oh, in comes the disco with the track "Golden Mile". No worse than "Summer Lightning" from Camel's Breathless, really. "Golden Mile" reminds me of something one might here on the Cafe Jacques album "Round The Back"(which also features Geoffrey Richardson). "Bright Shiny Day" is just that. A happy track. Off to Jamaica with the reggae of "Clear Blue Sky"(Police meets Dire Straits?). Nice guitar work from Pye Hastings. "Keepin' Up De Fences" is another great track and it concludes the album. Caravan with timbales? Yes, indeed. This one reminds me of something off Gentle Giant's "Civilian", yet I can't put my finger on it. A lively track this one - the boys sounding like "Caravan" with a nice keyboard/guitar/keyboard exchange. I have to say that I love albums like this on progarchives.com. The low ratings are unwarranted. it all depends on your taste. If you enjoy the Camel albums "Breathless" and "I Can See Your House From Here", then you'll certainly find something to enjoy with "The Album". An initial listen may not impress, but try it over several listens and you will be rewarded. A great rock & roll album for fans of Steely Dan and Dire Straits. Not very "progressive" but very competent. A great addition to anyone's collection, regardless.
Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
2 stars First of all let me say that my vinyl copy of the album doesn't have that anonymous cover sheet that's on PA. It has a sort of aztec pyramid with "The Album" written in the stones.....

Unfortunately it's the only "epic" thing that I can find in it.

The return of David Sinclair didn't bring all the good that one could have expected and what they were perhaps intending as a sort of reunion resulted in a big disappointment.

The opener is enough to understand what this album is made for. "Heartbreaker" is a mixture of Supertramp and Climax Blues Band. Nothing to do with the band of Winter Wine. The finger picking of "Corner Of My Eye" is not bad if you like country music. I personally like this song, but it's absolutely non-essential.

"What'cha Gonna Tell Me" is a partially successful attempt to sound as in the past, but it's clear that it's not Jimmy Hastings to play the flute. The piano riff is good and the song sounds "Caravan enough".

I'm relistening to this album after years and it's not so awful as I was remembering. "Piano Player" is not a masterpiece but I don't dislike it.

Going to the B side we find a piece of trivial brit-pop like "Make Yourself At Home" followed by the disco-funky of "Golden Mile". Two tracks to skip, but after them the brit chill-out of "Bright Shiny Day" is not that bad. A kind of newage....

What do Caravan have to do with Reggae? It's not their pot. This song makes me thing to Wishbone Ash. They have a little piece of reggae in Pilgrimage, but their one is good. At least this should have been "reggae" also in the chorus.

"Keeping Up The Fences" just doesn't do anything for me. I had totally forgotten this song, probably because I've rarely been able to run the whole album in a shot. This song is not bad if you like things like Wishbone Ash "Front Page News", but this is not what one can expect from Caravan.

I'm undecided between one and two stars. Looking at my other one-star ratings on PA I think I can be generous and go for two, but if you are not fans there's no reason to invest money in this stuff.

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars The Disco Album

Caravan entered the 80's with this Disco-infected Pop Rock album, simply titled The Album. The first two tracks are upbeat, simple Pop-Disco tunes that feel void of inspiration, but with Watcha Gonna Tell Me there is at least some first indication that they still had at least some progressive aspirations. Some nice flute and keyboard sounds there. Piano Player is a pleasant enough piano-driven semi-ballad not far away from the style of Supertramp. Electric Light Orchestra (of the late 70's) is another reference point for this album. It only occasionally sounds like a Caravan album.

Several more dull and uninspired tracks follow, and it is not until the Reggae of Clear Blue Sky that there is again anything even slightly interesting. But interesting does not equal good. The Album is another one of a long string of rather uninspired albums from Caravan.

Like the previous two albums, this one is recommended for fans and collectors

3 stars Caravan's ninth record which opened up the eighties was a step down for the band. Just look at the cover. It's black and has a minimalistic design and I don't like to look at it. "Better by far" hadn't a very nice cover either but it was better. This album is the lowest rated Caravan album of ... (read more)

Report this review (#1088556) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Wednesday, December 11, 2013 | Review Permanlink

1 stars It's really hard for a Caravan-fan to say this, but listening to this album is just torture. The only decent song is Keeping Up The Fences and by that I mean listenable for a minute. I know this is harsh but where is the energy? Maybe I understand now why Dave Sinclair needed a breeze of fresh ... (read more)

Report this review (#344550) | Posted by BrainStillLife | Monday, December 6, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Not a masterpiece, but not a disaster. Dave Sinclair is back, and, needless to say, his stuff is the best: "Watcha gonna tell me" and "Piano Player" * are good indeed. "Make yourself at home" ** and Pye's "Keeping up De Fences" are nice songs, too. There are also some strange episodes such as disc ... (read more)

Report this review (#282816) | Posted by pied piper | Thursday, May 20, 2010 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Oh dear - such a great band - such a poor album (for their high standards). I disagree with other reviewers who pick out the reggae track "clear blue sky" as this track apitomises the root of the problem with this album - which is this viola and guitar player Geoff Richardson was given too mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#93058) | Posted by Mark Roberts | Monday, October 2, 2006 | Review Permanlink

1 stars If after "better by far" you thought, that it can't get worse, you were wrong. Most of the songs here are depressingly soapy, boring and uninspired "ballads" sung by Pye Hastings. If "clear blue sky"(with a touch of reagge) or "golden mile" seem a little bit better than the rest of the album, ... (read more)

Report this review (#44112) | Posted by kajetan | Wednesday, August 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CARAVAN "The Album"