WORLD IS ROUND

Believe World Is Round album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy BELIEVE Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. World Is Round - Part 1 (0:34)
2. No Time Inside (5:16)
3. World Is Round - Part 2 (4:27)
4. Cut Me Paste Me (2:48)
5. Lay Down Forever (5:52)
6. Bored (4:20)
7. So Well (4:46)
8. Guru (4:54)
9. New Hands (5:58)
10. Poor King Of Sun/Return (9:55)

Search BELIEVE World Is Round lyrics

Search BELIEVE World Is Round tabs

- Karol Wróblewski / vocals
- Mirek Gil / guitar
- Przemas Zawadzki / bass
- Vlodi Tafel / drums
- Satomi / violin
- Konrad Wantrych / keyboards

CD Metal Mind Productions MMP CD0682 (2011 POL)

Release dates - 3 January 2011 (Europe), 11 January 2011 (USA)

Ltd Edition Digipak includes a bonus track

Thanks to rivertree for the addition
and to easy livin for the last updates

BELIEVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BELIEVE World Is Round Music

The Warmest Sun In WinterThe Warmest Sun In Winter
METAL MIND 2013
Yesterday Is a FriendYesterday Is a Friend
Extra tracks · Limited Edition
Metal Mind 2008
Conway Twitty It's Only Make Believe / I'll Try K 12677 MGM Records (VG) US $0.99 [0 bids]
33m 51s
John & Anne Ryder I Still Believe In Tomorrow 732506 Decca (VG+) US $0.99 [0 bids]
33m 51s
Bay City Rollers You Made Me Believe In Magic AS 0256 Arista (VG+) US $0.99 [0 bids]
35m 30s
Sheb Wooley The Purple People Eater / I Can't Believe You're Mine K12651 MGM Rec US $0.99 [0 bids]
35m 30s
Womenfolk, The The Way I Feel / My Heart Tells Me To Believe 47-8562 Rca Victor US $0.99 [0 bids]
I believe in you Randall Terry treehouse records cd Religious US $0.99 [0 bids]
37m 40s
Floyd Robinson - I Believe In Love / Tattletale 45 1960 US $3.79 Buy It Now 37m 41s
THOMAS WHITFIELD - THINGS THAT WE BELIEVE NEW CD US $25.33 Buy It Now 39m 4s
Believe Justin Bieber CD US $6.00 Buy It Now 48m 42s
MOSE McCORMACK Beans & Make Believe LP STILL SEALED US $9.50 Buy It Now 57m 32s
A. RAY BAKER - "LORD I BELIEVE" (JOY ENTERPRISES JE-RB-123) MELBOURNE, FL US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Mahalia Jackson "I Believe" Grand Award GA-265-AD 1966 Gospel NM RE US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
DooWop 45RPM - Duprees - Why Don't You Believe Me US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
RARE! Elliot Fisher - In The Land Of Make Believe - Dobre 1003- Orig US Vinyl LP US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 28m
FANTASIA - "I Believe" [PROMO CD] US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
PAT BELL 45 i really do believe it/second date TEEN POP US $9.74 Buy It Now 1h 43m
HOWARD / CITY OF PRAGUE PHILHARMONIC / BATEMAN - MAKE BELIEVE: HOLLYWOOD NEW CD US $23.04 Buy It Now 1h 50m
HAREM SCAREM: BELIEVE SPECIAL EDITION JAPANESE CD BONFIRE FAIR WARNING HARD ROCK US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
SCORPIONS: BELIEVE IN LOVE / LOVE ON THE RUN 45 RPM MEINE SCHENKER HARD ROCK US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
STRYPER: I BELIEVE IN YOU / TOGETHER FOREVER (LIVE) 45 RPM MICHAEL SWEET US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 55m
VINCE GILL**I STILL BELIEVE IN YOU**CD US $6.28 Buy It Now 1h 56m
TIM BURGESS - I BELIEVE - BONUS TRACKS NEW CD US $24.19 Buy It Now 1h 57m
WISHBONE ASH - REASON TO BELIEVE NEW CD US $11.22 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Pearl Jam-Don't Believe In Christmas-2002-Christmas Fan Club Issue-7" 45 RPM US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
HAREM SCAREM**BELIEVE (SPECIAL EDITION)**CD US $10.95 Buy It Now 2h 16m
CHUCK MANGIONE - LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE NEW CD US $16.16 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Reason to Believe by Pennywise +1bonus Japan(Promo)CD W/OBI Brand New US $25.99 Buy It Now 2h 27m
CRYSTAL GAYLE~We Must Believe In Magic~United Artists, 1977~In Plastic~VG++! US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 28m
THE MAMAS & THE PAPAS-3 LP'S-DELIVER-IF YOU CAN BELIEVE YOUR EYES-PEOPLE LIKE US US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
BELIEVE - WORLD IS ROUND - BONUS TRACK (LTD) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD US $22.27 Buy It Now 2h 38m
SOLID STATE Label Audiophile Issue 66 JAZZ Sampler HEAR IT TO BELIEVE IT McGRIFF US $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 45m
The Bachelors-I Believe/Happy Land, original Decca Recording. 45rpm, 1964 US $3.72 [0 bids]
Modern Soul LP ** ROCKIE ROBBINS ** I Believe In Love ** AM S / W US $14.96 Buy It Now 2h 53m
PAULA COLE BAND I BELIEVE IN LOVE (PROMO CD/2 VERSION) WB 9913-R US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 17m
PAULA COLE BAND I BELIEVE IN LOVE (PROMO CD/ GUITAR VERSION) WB 9924-R US $6.00 Buy It Now 3h 21m
POISON ~ Something To Believe In ~ GATEFOLD 12" Single PS LIMITED EDITION US $7.47 Buy It Now 3h 22m
JUSTIN BIEBER - BELIEVE - BONUS DVD NEW CD US $36.77 Buy It Now 3h 27m
PAULA COLE BAND I BELIEVE IN LOVE (PROMO MINIMAX CD/ 2 VERSION) PRO-CD-9917 US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Crystal Gayle - We Must Believe in Magic US $0.99 [0 bids]
CELTIC WOMAN - BELIEVE: SPECIAL (IMPORT) NEW CD US $33.72 Buy It Now 3h 57m
STEPHEN ANDERSON - BELIEVE NEW CD US $22.27 Buy It Now 3h 57m
cd-album, Frankie Laine - I Believe US $7.41 Buy It Now 4h 4m
LOVIN SPOONFUL - DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC / DAYDREAM (TIN CASE) NEW CD US $19.62 Buy It Now 4h 8m
"We Must Believe in Magic"; Crystal Gayle; 1977 US $8.33 Buy It Now 4h 12m
LINDA ARNOLD - MAKE BELIEVE (REISSUE) NEW CD US $24.19 Buy It Now 4h 17m
TURBULENCE - I BELIEVE NEW CD US $23.80 Buy It Now 4h 27m
PAULINI I BELIEVE * CD SINGLE * promo US $6.28 Buy It Now 4h 29m
PROFESSOR HAROLD BOGGS - I Believe ~ VINYL LP US $28.28 Buy It Now 4h 29m
BORIS - BELIEVE IN THE MUSIC II NEW CD US $17.33 Buy It Now 4h 37m
Country's Got Heart: I Still Believe in You by Various Artists (CD, 2010, 2... US $11.69 Buy It Now 4h 41m
WASHINGTON - I BELIEVE YOU LIAR NEW CD US $16.93 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Linda Arnold - Make Believe CD US $20.07 Buy It Now 4h 48m
PAT BOONE - I'LL BELIEVE IN LOVE NEW CD US $8.53 Buy It Now 4h 57m
DANIEL O'DONNELL I Believe CD ALBUM US $6.64 Buy It Now 5h 14m
Believe It by Various Artists (CD, Jan-1999, 2 Discs, Revival) US $4.99 [0 bids]
IVAN LINS - BELIEVE WHAT I SAY: THE MUSIC OF IVAN LINS NEW CD US $23.80 Buy It Now 5h 27m
WOW! I Believe by Ayaka (CD 2006) Super RARE! Japan! US $22.99 Buy It Now 5h 39m
SKYTRAIN i believe in music LP 11 track in signed sleeve (tfs1231) uk top floor US $8.31 Buy It Now 5h 44m
DIANE LINSCOTT - YOU MUST BELIEVE IN SPRING NEW CD US $28.77 Buy It Now 5h 47m
Celtic Woman - Believe (2012) CD NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $11.17 Buy It Now 6h 3m
BARBARA DANE - SOMETIMES I BELIEVE SHE LOVES ME - NEW CD US $14.05 Buy It Now 6h 4m
Three-Fold Low Strung Music CD 1997 Make Believe Rec 6-Tracks Portland Oregon OR US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 22m
CRYSTAL GAYLE We Must Believe In Magic UK LP +inner 1977 ex/ex US $11.64 Buy It Now 6h 25m
The Absolute featuring Suzanne Palmer I Believe CD Single US $8.31 Buy It Now 6h 33m
COOKERS - BELIEVE (UK) NEW CD US $30.66 Buy It Now 6h 37m
Tears For Fears, I believe, 10 inch vinyl single (NEW!!) US $11.65 Buy It Now 6h 45m
Daniel O'Donnell I Believe inc Any Dream Will Do + Cassette Tape - TESTED US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 46m
ELECTRIC HIPPIES I BELIEVE IN YOU * CD SINGLE * US $8.37 Buy It Now 6h 51m
Tears For Fears, I believe, NEW/MINT Double 7" single set in gatefold sleeve US $8.31 Buy It Now 7h
A Bigger Splash - I Don't Believe A Word - * EXCELLENT * - 7" Single Vinyl US $4.91 Buy It Now 7h 4m
Wishbone Ash - Reason To Believe CD US $10.74 Buy It Now 7h 6m
Jonathan Perkins(7" Vinyl)Believe In Me-Checkmount-CHK 2-UK-VG/Ex US $9.97 Buy It Now 7h 9m
THE LOVIN' SPOONFUL - DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC (068381805027) - NEW CD US $21.98 Buy It Now 7h 9m
Love Bug Starski-You've Gotta Believe 12" NY Electro Rap Old School 1983 US $9.99 [0 bids]
RENAULT, Jacques - Got To Believe - limited 1-sided 12" US $15.56 Buy It Now 7h 32m
Music You Can Believe In US $4.09 Buy It Now 7h 39m
Jimmy Fortune - I Believe (NEW CD!!!) US $12.99 Buy It Now 7h 41m
7" THE HAPPENINGS "MY MAMMY/I BELIEVE IN NOTHING" 60'S US $5.50 Buy It Now 7h 52m
(K489) OK Tokyo, You Better Believe It - DJ CD US $3.25 Buy It Now 7h 54m
Freddy King If You Believe Original 1961 45rpm VG++ US $13.99 Buy It Now 7h 56m
CHE'NELLE-BELIEVE-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK D95 US $22.99 Buy It Now 7h 56m
Believe, Justin Bieber, Good US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 57m
Fourth Dimension on Columbia - Rainy Day/Land of make believe- Blue eyed Soul US $4.00 [0 bids]
8h
VINYL 7" SINGLE - BUCKS FIZZ - THE LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE - RCA163 US $11.64 Buy It Now 8h 7m
I Couldn't Believe My Eyes by Brownie McGhee (CD, Aug-1998, Bgo) US $15.75 Buy It Now 8h 8m
Song Painter/I Believe In Music * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $15.97 Buy It Now 8h 11m
CHER - Believe (UK 3 Trk CD Single Part 1) US $3.81 Buy It Now 8h 12m
You Better Believe It / Moment of Truth * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $14.45 Buy It Now 8h 14m
Marcella Detroit - I Believe (CDs) 3 Tracks - Nr Mint - Fast Postage US $3.31 Buy It Now 8h 16m
LOWELL MCMANES THE BOB CLINE SINGERS I BELIEVE 1975 Rainbow Vinyl LP SLP1801 US $6.89 Buy It Now 8h 20m
Hong Kong Alex To Du De Wei 2001 I Believe Rare Rock Taiwan CD FCS4728 US $17.99 Buy It Now 8h 27m
THE FUN BOY THREE the more i see (the less i believe) 1982 UK CHRYSALIS 12" US $14.15 Buy It Now 8h 40m
Rare Maurice Williams Zodiacs Herald 552 45rpm R&B Doo Wop Stay Do you Believe US $4.99 [0 bids]
WEEZER-MAKE BELIEVE-JAPAN SHM-CD D50 US $20.99 Buy It Now 8h 49m
Vince Gill- I Still Believe In You (CD, 1992, MCA(label) DISC ONLY) Country US $0.99 [0 bids]
Cher- Believe (CD, 1999) Rock US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE PASADENAS 45 RPM Vinyl Record w/PICTURE SLEEVE Tribute/I Believe US $0.99 [0 bids]
Believe by Cher (CD, Nov-1998, Warner Bros.) US $1.99 [0 bids]
9h
Weezer - Make Believe NEW CD US $8.17 Buy It Now 9h
rare Exodus Gospel 45 "ONLY BELIEVE" Swan Silvertones US $9.99 [0 bids]
9h

More places to buy BELIEVE music online Buy BELIEVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BELIEVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BELIEVE World Is Round ratings distribution

BELIEVE World Is Round reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
4 stars Mirek Gil and the other BELIEVE members are certainly obsessed with mesmerizing melodies. Since 2006 they have refined this trademark, over the course of four studio albums in the meanwhile. And with 'World Is Round' they basically remain faithful to their principles and have recorded a fine album once more. In order to offer contrasting moments some songs are also provided with a rather heavy attitude, mainly caused by Mirek Gil's guitar riffs and solo excursions. I would point out Guru and Cut Me Paste Me here where Karol Wróblewski proves that his voice is a big affair, not only silky exclusively.

When I started to examine this album with intense I detected some things which annoyed me - but this almost dissolved in the meanwhile. No Time Inside for example features a stomping rhythm, the drum playing is minimalistic, very effective anyhow - everything is focussed on the main melody and vocals, violin, keyboards and even guitar are used with caution here. At first I was irritated - but it works fine in the end! Now speaking of charming moments the title track deserves the pole position - keyboard strings and a celestial violin are backing. Although intensively flirting with mainstream pop this is a really nice song!

Most of the tracks appear in a prog outfit though. Showing a more sophisticated arrangement I would count Lay Down Forever and Bored as really typical for the whole Believe/Satellite/Collage family. Furthermore with New Hands you won't miss an exemplary ballad featuring acoustic guitar, piano, marching drums ... plus wonderful organ and mellotron add-on towards the end. The album's last song is even knocking at the ten minute door - decorated with an oriental flavour based on violin and sitar - starting somewhat innocent but evolving to a top-notch neo prog classic just as the complete band starts to intervene.

'World Is Round' is full of heart-wrenching melodies and catchy arrangements, sometimes even drifiting into popular territories - not a problem though because this occurs not all the way through. As for that Dreaming Tree's effort Progress Has No Patience comes into my mind when thinking of something comparable. Definitely an album to which I will come back again from time to time - NOTED!

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#308765) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 07, 2010

Review by progpositivity
2 stars If Believe's goal on their 2010 release "World is Round" was to create a pleasantly listenable "middle of the road" album that still manages to meet the minimum qualifications required for an album to be considered "progressive rock", they succeeded magnificently!

On the "plus" side, Karol Wróblewski's vocals are well performed and the album is well produced. But I cannot shake the feeling that these songs make a better impression taken "one at a time" rather than "one after another" in succession. Everything leading up to the finale was certainly "nice enough" and somewhat "progressive" kind of... sort of...

Introductory sitar on the final track, "World is Round", provided welcome respite from the sonic sameness and an emotionally inspired violin solo performance closed out the album in fine form. In the end, however, it was "too little to late" as I was left pondering where this creativity and depth of emotion had been during the previous 9 tracks.

"World is Round" can be characterized as relaxed pop-rock with a melancholy vibe and violin added to the arrangements. It is not objectionable. It is not poorly executed. But neither is it particularly compelling or memorable.

Too bad we can't award "half-stars". This one deserves 2.5 at least. Perhaps it will grow on me with repeated listens. If so, I'll be sure to round upward. If you love this CD, feel free to send me a message telling me about its sublte virtues. But for now, despite its strengths, I just can't seem to award it a 3rd star.

Send comments to progpositivity (BETA) | Report this review (#321438) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 15, 2010

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars CD is round (CD is superb)

Just over a year after the superb "This bread is mine", Believe return with this their fourth studio album. The line up which recorded "Bread.." remains intact, but is enhanced by the addition of keyboard player Konrad Wantrych. The band's configuration is altered slightly too, with vocalist Karol Wroblewski contributing lyrics for the first time.

The title of the album may imply a rather obvious theme, but the circles described herein are multifaceted, encompassing such areas as the life circle and the adage what goes around, comes around.

Musically, those who were entranced by the band's highly melodic previous albums will find "World is round" to be a highly satisfying sequel. Listening to songs such as the second of the two title tracks, it is easy to be drawn in superficially, and assume this to be a prog-lite affair. To do so though is to completely overlook the majestic subtleties of both the compositions and the arrangements. Perhaps it is Wroblewski's unusually trained sounding (for prog) vocals which contribute to the misconception, but listen to the following "Cut me, paste me", and a much harder, almost metallic, edge becomes apparent.

Once again the contribution on violin of Satomi offers some magnificent additional colours, her status in the mix varying between overt solos and atmospheric backgrounds. Konrad Wantrych comes to the fore on tracks like "Bored", where he adds some fine piano. Guitarist Mirek Gil's presence on the other hand is more understated than usual, with surprisingly little in the way of lead guitar solos. Such solos are not completely absent though, with "So well" in particular featuring some of Gil's finest work to date. At times there is a Marillion feel to the music here, with "New hands" sounding particularly Hogarth-esque.

Most of the tracks here are relatively short, with only the closing two part piece "Poor King of the sun/Return" extending to 10 minutes. This piece sets out rather differently to its peers, primarily due to the Kashmir atmosphere of the violin and sitar duet. As we move into more orthodox prog territories, Gil's lead guitar combines with Karol's vocals and Satomi's violin in a final push for the ultimate melody, carried all the while by keyboards which subtly draw us towards the captivating conclusion.

If I have a criticism, it is the brevity of the album, particularity the standard release. While admiring the band's policy of not padding things out for the sake of it, perhaps some of the tracks could have been developed further, or a couple more songs recorded. In all though, this is another excellent addition to the discography of this highly gifted group.

With thanks to Metal Mind Productions for the pre-release review copy. The album is released in January 2011.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#338676) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Review by lazland
3 stars Given the pedigree of this band, in particular the excellent Collage and Satellite, I was anticipating great things from this, my first new purchase of 2011. As it is, what we have here is an interesting collection of (mainly) short tracks, veering very close to crossover rather than neo territory, that are catchy and well performed without being standout.

No Time Inside, as a good example, is a track which could have benefited from more imaginative use of the violin on offer from Satomi, but instead strays close to dreariness, never once bursting out of its self imposed shell. In contrast, World Is Round (Part Two - the first part is a short instrumental) is far more interesting, certainly in terms of its more upbeat manner which does remind one quite strongly of the material Marillion were recording at the time of This Strange Engine.

We get a slice of prog metal with the very short Cut Me, Paste Me, featuring the now, I suppose, obligatory growling vocals which, to these ears, grate more than pleasure. Again, it is well performed, but really does nothing whatsoever to grab the listener's attention. With So Well, we get folk rock/pop, very pleasant in its execution but feeling somehow out of place. Therein, I feel, lies the problem with this album. There is nothing at all wrong with diversification of sounds and influences on a single work, but this one feels rather like a band not really being able to decide just who and what they are. That said, though, the piano solo in this track is brilliant. At the bottom end of the scale, Guru is a mess of a track, featuring more grating vocal effects and aimless direction.

Quibbles aside there are highlights on this album, and the first track which I would rate highly as one which will be listened to for some time is Lay Down Forever, a marvellously layered piece of music which creates a suspenseful buildup to an intense second half. Mirek Gil's main lead solo is excellent and dark, whilst the dark and heavy backing by the remainder of the band is memorable.

I really like Bored, which is a simple pop/rock track that is effective in its simplicity. Another track that shines in its simple arrangements is New Hands, probably a little too commercial for many tastes, but to these ears an uplifting and really positive track in contrast to a lot of the other fare on offer. In addition, the longest track on the album, and the one that comes closest to what we would describe as traditional prog, Poor King Of Sun Return, is a very enjoyable track, full of contrasting and interesting melodies, and the sort of territory I would like to band to explore more fully on future releases.

It would, in my opinion, be over stepping the mark a great deal by rating this as an excellent addition to any prog rock collection. It is, by and large, a good album, but one thing is absolutely sure. There will be many better releases over the course of the next eleven months.

Three stars.

Send comments to lazland (BETA) | Report this review (#385833) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 24, 2011

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
4 stars Mirek Gil has more or less established a signature sound through his MR GIL and BELIEVE repertoire. While "This Bread is Mine" was a disappointment, his resurrection of Mr Gil in the form of last year's "Skellig" carried the torch for melodic, even hook laden rock built around Mirek's expressive guitars. Of course, with BELIEVE, we also get Satomi's vivacious violin, and the artistic success of every disk by this band seems somewhat dependent on how wisely her skills are deployed.

While this time around the results are better, and more in line with what we got on the masterful "Yesterday is a Friend", I do wish that BELIEVE would get the metal and heavy bluesy rock out of their system once and for all - "Cut me Paste me" and "No Time Inside" are not even good examples of these styles respectively, and plenty of other bands do it better. In the latter especially, the violin is so pummeled by the dreary incessant beat that it cannot hope to tame the base animal within "Guru" is perhaps the worst of the lot for all the aforementioned reasons, and its faux South Asian aspirations. If the group wants to go dark and sinister, they have shown they can meet the challenge without fomenting histrionics or headaches - just look to "Lay Down Forever", in which vocalist Karol finally comes into his own in the style reminiscent of the group's spottily brilliant debut.

Several tunes here are up with the best of the group's output to date. But be forewarned this is not traditional neo prog, even by the standards set within the branches of this Polish family tree. The instrumental breaks are far more concise and the songs have generally defined verses and choruses, yet this is miles from the charts in intent and delivery. "So Well" employs a sensuous percussive backing, dancing fiddles, acoustic guitar, and tasteful backing vocals around a sumptuous tune. "Bored" is more upbeat but still possessing a folksy charm partly due to Satomi. But Gil steals the show towards the end with a trademark shivery solo - he is truly one of the few modern guitarists whose musical demeanor evokes the violin, which perhaps explains his infatuation with all things Satomi. "New Hands" is another sparkling ballad in which Konrad Wantrych's keys glisten. You know where it's going but it's the journey. If you want to introduce prog to a skeptic popster, try this at home. The title cuts, including a secret track at the end, are almost as good for the same reasons. For more die-hard progressive fans, go for "Poor King of Sun/Return", 10 minutes that evoke an exotic flavor not heard since the band's debut, righting every wrong committed by "Guru" , and more. What is so appealing about "Believe" is how familiar, almost nostalgic, they sound, yet how distinctive and hard to categorize they are. These ingredients are the stuff of fan loyalty.

"World is Round" isn't consistent like the best this group has done, but, with program and skip functions at the ready, you can render it down to 8 good and mostly better songs, so I am going to do a world of good and "round" up.

Send comments to kenethlevine (BETA) | Report this review (#395581) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 06, 2011

Review by Windhawk
3 stars Polish outfit BELIEVE was formed back in 2005, put together by veteran composer and guitarist Mirek Gil. It has been rather active since then, with a live album and a DVD in its back catalogue in addition to a total of four studio albums, of which "World Is Round" from 2011 is the most recent. As with the band's former two studio efforts, this CD was issued by the progressive rock and metal specialist label Metal Mind Productions.

Believe's fourth studio chapter "World Is Round" is a production that should cater quite nicely to the tastes of those looking for art rock of a mainstream-oriented nature, with strong melodies and dominating, high quality lead vocals as the most essential features. Symphonic backdrops and violin details does flavor the proceedings nicely, but not in a manner I think would inspire those with an interest in capital P progressive rock. Neo fans and those with a taste for sophisticated rock with an emphasis on distinct melodies would appear to be a key audience for this disc, and I would think most of those defining their core musical interests in such a manner should find it to be a satisfying experience.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#455896) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 02, 2011

Review by Warthur
3 stars It's a shame that, having crafted such a unique and wonderful sound on Yesterday Is a Friend, Believe didn't choose to develop it, instead reverting to the unoriginal and - to me, at least - unsatisfying middle of the road melodic rock sound presented on World Is Round. Occasionally peppered with a little Mellotron in order to tick the "prog" checkbox, the album is reasonably well performed but the compositions lack any distinctive flavour and the special character of the band seems to have been almost entirely lost. It's a shame, because there were few groups doing anything as distinctive as what Believe did on Yesterday is a Friend but all too many playing the sort of material here.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#745420) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 27, 2012

4 stars In my opinion this is the best album the band put out so far. The lyrics, atmosphere and overall musicianship is outstanding. The band really embraces the concept of 'less is more'. You can tell that the musicians are really good and tight, but they in favor of the song. The compositions a ... (read more)

Report this review (#1131234) | Posted by Kingsnake | Thursday, February 13, 2014 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Unlike our esteemed Collaborators, I found this 4th undertaking by Believe to be their poorest effort to date; and a declining progression from their first album. I get the feeling that Believe are cashing in on "All Things Polish." It feels rushed and Walmarted. I waited on the edge of my seat t ... (read more)

Report this review (#418832) | Posted by merid1en | Sunday, March 20, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Repeated listens to this newest effort from Believe lead me to conclude that after the disappointing debut effort from Karol Wroblewski on "This Bread is Mine", Believe has clearly rebounded in outstanding fashion. For my money this is the best of their four studio releases to date. The song w ... (read more)

Report this review (#380795) | Posted by davemuttillo | Sunday, January 16, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BELIEVE "World Is Round"