INSURGENTES - THE MOVIE

Good, but non-essential

Buy STEVEN WILSON Music
DVD/Video, released in 2010

Disc One
1.Insurgentes the Movie (60:15)

Disc Two
1. Bass Communion and Pig live in Mexico City (31:00)

Insurgentes is a musical road movie that follows the making of his solo record of the same name, and is a portrait of an increasingly rare artist who works with music and media out of love and not for fame and fortune, persisting in making art on his own terms in a world where 'throw away' mentality is increasingly becoming the norm.

The film features footage of Wilson with other artists and friends including Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth, the Israeli superstar Aviv Geffen and the legendary producer Trevor Horn.

Extras:
. 31 minute film of Bass Communion and Pig live in Mexico City
. Promo video for Harmony Korine
. 2 x trailers
. alternate ending
. footage of a Q+A session with Steven Wilson and Lasse Hoile at the international premiere at the Copenhagen film festival
. 6 audio out-takes from the album recording sessions.

Subtitled in Spanish, French, German, and English

Sound mixed in stereo and 5.1 surround sound

Search STEVEN WILSON Insurgentes - The Movie lyrics

Search STEVEN WILSON Insurgentes - The Movie tabs

- Steven Wilson
- Pig

2 DVD set in digibook with 64 page booklet

The 2 disc set also features a host of extras and a 64 page booklet featuring photography by Lasse and Carl Glover, Steven's long-time art collaborator.

Thanks to karimiqbal for the addition
and to slartibartfast for the last updates

STEVEN WILSON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy STEVEN WILSON Insurgentes - The Movie Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Cover VersionCover Version
Kscope 2014
The Raven That Refused to Sing: And Other StoriesThe Raven That Refused to Sing: And Other Stories
KSCOPE 2013
Kscope 2012
Blu-ray$12.21
Drive HomeDrive Home
Kscope 2013
Insurgentes (CD & DVD)Insurgentes (CD & DVD)
Kscope 2009
Drive Home [Blu-ray]Drive Home [Blu-ray]
Kscope 2013
Blu-ray$12.27
InsurgentesInsurgentes
Multiple Formats · Widescreen
KSCOPE 2010
DVD$8.00
ORPHANED LAND LIVE IN TEL AVIV ISRAEL dvd STEVEN WILSON PORCUPINE TREE PROMO US $80.00 Buy It Now 4h 18m
YES CLOSE TO THE EDGE + YES ALBUM CD 5.1 BLU-RAY STEVEN WILSON REMASTER NEW US $120.00 Buy It Now 13h 9m
Steven Wilson: Drive Home (Blu-Ray/CD ) US $18.00 Buy It Now 21h 19m
STEVEN WILSON: GRACE FOR DROWNING NEW BLU-RAY US $27.53 Buy It Now 1 day
Steven Wilson Get All You Deserve 2 CD+BLU-RAY+DVD (Deluxe Edition) US $19.99 [0 bids]
STEVEN WILSON: GRACE FOR DROWNING - 2011 BLU-RAY AUDIO NEW SEALED US $13.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Steven Wilson: The Raven That Refused to Sing (And Other Stories) (Blu-ray... US $13.51 Buy It Now 3 days
STEVEN WILSON: GET ALL YOU DESERVE [DVD] - NEW DVD US $13.89 Buy It Now 3 days
Steven Wilson - Grace For Drowning Blu-ray - New & Sealed! Region B US $29.09 Buy It Now 3 days
PORCUPINE TREE Arriving Somewhere... 2-Disc DVD PROG (Steven Wilson) MINT US $24.90 Buy It Now 3 days
STEVEN WILSON - GET ALL YOU DESERVE NEW BLURAY US $25.79 Buy It Now 4 days
Steven Wilson: Drive Home (Blu-ray Disc, 2013, 2-Disc Set, Blu-ray/CD) Sealed US $15.95 [0 bids]
STEVEN WILSON - GET ALL YOU DESERVE NEW DVD US $20.04 Buy It Now 5 days
Steven Wilson: Get All You Deserve - Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) Region 2 Brand US $17.81 Buy It Now 6 days
ORPHANED LAND The Road To Or Shalem 2 DVD ( BRAND NEW 2011) STEVEN WILSON US $12.99 Buy It Now 6 days
STEVEN WILSON**DRIVE HOME**BLU-RAY + CD SET US $15.95 Buy It Now 6 days
STEVEN WILSON - RAVEN THAT REFUSED TO SING NEW BLURAY US $25.79 Buy It Now 7 days
ORPHANED LAND LIVE IN TEL AVIV ISRAEL dvd STEVEN WILSON PORCUPINE TREE mint US $40.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Steven Wilson Get All You Deserve DVD US $16.90 Buy It Now 9 days
STEVEN WILSON**GET ALL YOU DESERVE (DELUXE EDITION)**2 CD+BLU-RAY+DVD SET US $30.94 Buy It Now 11 days
STEVEN WILSON: DRIVE HOME BLU-RAY / CD - AUTHENTIC US RELEASE US $23.99 Buy It Now 13 days
ORPHANED LAND LIVE IN TEL AVIV ISRAEL POLIKER STEVEN WILSON PORCUPINE TREE US $40.00 Buy It Now 16 days
Steven Wilson: Get All You Deserve 2 DVD ( ) NEW 2012 US $10.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Steven Wilson: Get All You Deserve - Blu-ray Disc (Blu-ray) Region 1 Brand New F US $22.69 Buy It Now 21 days
STEVEN WILSON - GRACE FOR DROWNING NEW BLURAY US $25.79 Buy It Now 21 days
Steven Wilson: Grace for Drowning (Blu-ray Disc, 2011) US $13.10 Buy It Now 22 days
Steven Wilson: Insurgentes (DVD, 2010, 2-Disc Set) US $13.99 Buy It Now 22 days
STEVEN WILSON: GRACE FOR DROWNING - NEW BLU-RAY US $18.28 Buy It Now 23 days
STEVEN WILSON**GRACE FOR DROWNING(DTS-HD/BONUS TRACKS/FILMS/DEMOS ETC)**BLU-RAY US $13.09 Buy It Now 23 days
Steven Wilson: Get All You Deserve DVD ( PORCUPINE TREE) NEW 2012 US $10.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Steven Wilson: Insurgentes - Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) Region 2 Brand New Fre US $27.25 Buy It Now 24 days
Steven Wilson: Grace for Drowning Blu-ray US $13.08 Buy It Now 24 days
Steven Wilson: The Raven That Refused to Sing (And Other Stories) - Blu-ray Disc US $22.69 Buy It Now 25 days
Steven Wilson: Get All You Deserve (DVD, 2012) ( FREE SHIPPING) US $13.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Steven Wilson Grace For Drowning Blu-Ray Disc US $21.29 Buy It Now 26 days
Steven Wilson: Insurgentes DVD US $14.76 Buy It Now 28 days
Steven Wilson Get All You Deserve Blu-Ray Disc US $21.29 Buy It Now 28 days
Steven Wilson Raven That Refused To Sing Blu-Ray Disc US $21.29 Buy It Now 28 days
STEVEN WILSON: INSURGENTES [REGION FREE] NEW DVD US $20.16 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy STEVEN WILSON music online Buy STEVEN WILSON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for STEVEN WILSON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

STEVEN WILSON Insurgentes - The Movie ratings distribution

STEVEN WILSON Insurgentes - The Movie reviews

Review by Finnforest
3 stars Informative, interesting, and frustrating as hell

An early and brief review here to generate some buzz for this exciting release. I recently gave "Anesthetize" 5 stars which is a rating I very rarely give, as I found the collaboration of PT and Lasse Hoile to be just stunning, musically and visually. I wish I could say the collaboration works as well on the "Insurgentes" documentary.

I truly enjoy most of Wilson's music. I found the actual Wilson content wonderful. The time that he speaks about himself and his work is informative and interesting. Personally he comes off as a really nice chap willing to spend some time with fans and allow some intimate access just as Rush did in their recent film. As in the Rush film, Wilson brings us into his parent's home, puts them on camera, takes us to his old school haunts, and opens up on everything from getting his ass kicked in sports to a specific fear about having children. He also spends a great deal of time explaining his disdain for download culture, making his case to the younger generation about what they're missing, and laying out the facts about why Ipods and MP3s suck. He makes a strong case but I won't go into all that. He spends time taking us to record stores and talking prog. He talks about the pain of spending a year on an album only to have reviewers call it sh*t, and what that feels like. We get some really great early footage of young Wilson jamming with his mid 80s bands and we see photographs of Steven the child. Additional information is provided in the form of a Q and A on the extras disc, as is a healthy sample of live music. So that's the great stuff. And while I wouldn't dream of calling any of Steve's work sh*t, I do have to be honest about what I didn't like...

My problem with "Insurgentes" is sitting through all of Hoile's pretentious interruptions which do not compliment the main event like his glorious touches on "Anesthetize". There are so many artsy-fartsy interruptions it just drove me nuts. Every time the dialogue would start to go somewhere cool, they stop and break into the flashing lights or trippy video montage or screechy noisy loops or all of the above. Every time they'd show some live music and you'd breath a sigh of release and start to rock out, it would be cut right away so they could show yet another desert landscape or close-up of a deformed doll hanging from a tree. The person I watched with had the same reaction...this would be so great if they would have cut that nonsense out and given us Wilson and his music in longer, uninterrupted sequences. Keep the hip video sequences and herky-jerky editing for the actual music videos themselves, where they can be appreciated in proper context with a song that isn't going to stop in 10 seconds. Lay off the cuts to conceptual visuals and intermittent loud sound effects with seemingly no value other than tanking the flow of the good stuff. Watch the Rush documentary and learn how to make an engaging rock profile film, by realizing the fans want the artist and a bit of uninterrupted music, not an art class. Perhaps I overstate a bit in frustration but I think you have an idea what I'm trying to describe.

So, high marks for Mr. Wilson and his engaging story and honest personality, and of course I love the music Steve. Low marks for presentation I'm sorry to say bring the overall rating to 3 stars. The packaging is very impressive and comes with a MONSTER, lavish booklet of high quality photography. I'm sure many PT fans will think I'm being too hard on "Insurgentes" but I was just trying to be honest about what I liked and disliked. I certainly recommend it to anyone who wants insight into this truly outstanding artist. I just didn't enjoy the frills in this setting.

Send comments to Finnforest (BETA) | Report this review (#307749) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 31, 2010

1 stars You might wonder how a documentary with two musicians as talented as Wilson and Akerfeldt could possibly go wrong. We'll, let me tell you. By making the viewer hate every second of the film. Endless "experimental" camera work and industrial sounds seem to be the focus in Insurgentes, not the stor ... (read more)

Report this review (#483987) | Posted by Earendil | Saturday, July 16, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of STEVEN WILSON "Insurgentes - The Movie"