IN A WORD

- Steve Howe / guitars and vocals
- Billy Sherwood / guitars and vocals
- Igor Khoroshev / keyboards

Elektra/Rhino 2002

and to frenchie for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES In A Word Music

RelayerRelayer
Remastered · Extra tracks
Elektra 2003
YES-Union 14tracks US pressing CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 51s
CHRIS SQUIRE YES Fish Out Of Water ORIGINAL US Gatefold SHRINK NEAR MINT US $9.99 [1 bids]
33m 36s
Yes - Open Your Eyes - Promo Only CD Single US $13.99 Buy It Now 34m 36s
YES YESTERDAYS atlantic A1B1 UK Lp NEX US $13.62 Buy It Now 34m 52s
THE JETS yes tonight josephine/hideaway EMI 5247 uk emi 1981 7" WS EX/ US $11.91 Buy It Now 34m 57s
YES wonderous stories K 10999 uk atlantic 1977 12" CS EX/EX US $15.32 Buy It Now 34m 57s
STEVE HOWE YES Beginnings ORIGINAL US Gatefold ORIGINALY FACTORY SEALED US $9.99 [0 bids]
36m 18s
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep 1993, Island) US $1.99 Buy It Now 39m 45s
GENESIS - the hits - indonesia tape 1999 - RARE GENESIS yes pink ployd rush US $9.99 Buy It Now 39m 56s
LORD FINESSE " PARTY OVER HERE / " YES YOU MAY " / " SAVE THAT S*** " NEW U.S.12 US $11.91 Buy It Now 42m 11s
YES yesshows K60142 uk atlantic 1980 DOUBLE LP PS VG/EX US $15.32 Buy It Now 42m 27s
YES YOUR MOVE - ALL GOOD PEOPLE 2LP PROMO BRAZIL 1990 CLASSIC ROCK 1966 - 1988 US $100.00 Buy It Now 42m 28s
Yes, Please by Happy Mondays (Cassette, Jun-1992, Elektra (Label)) BRAND NEW ! US $12.00 Buy It Now 48m 25s
GRAVES - YES YES OKAY OKAY NEW CD US $16.39 Buy It Now 48m 38s
ANDERSON BRUFORD WAKEMAN HOWE - KOREA LP - YES US $7.99 Buy It Now 48m 49s
COLOSSAL YES - LOOSEN THE LEAD & SPOIL THE DOGS NEW VINYL US $29.34 Buy It Now 49m 8s
YES yessongs K 60045 A1-F1 1st pressing uk atlantic 1973 VG+/VG+ no booklet US $37.20 Buy It Now 50m 3s
YES classic K50842 A2/B2 uk atlantic 1981 LP PS EX/EX US $15.32 Buy It Now 50m 3s
MELISSA ETHERIDGE Original tape cassette YES I AM 1993 Island Records US $8.33 Buy It Now 50m 14s
JULIUS WECHTER & BAJA MARIMBA BAND: Brasilia / Yes Sir, That's My Baby 45 Easy US $8.00 Buy It Now 52m
SAY YES Global Debut 1ST MINI ALBUM K-POP CD & FOLDED POSTER SEALED US $11.99 Buy It Now 52m 6s
YES Close To The Edge LP 1976 JAPAN PRESS P-10116A *US SELLER* US $32.99 Buy It Now 53m 27s
YES OWNER OF A LONELY HEART 1983 ATCO PIC SLV NM US $5.37 Buy It Now 55m 2s
COLOSSAL YES - LOOSEN THE LEAD & SPOIL THE DOGS NEW CD US $21.03 Buy It Now 58m 57s
WAY YES - WALKABILITY NEW CD US $14.86 Buy It Now 59m 12s
PHIL PERRY - SAY YES NEW CD US $25.30 Buy It Now 59m 16s
Yes Lp Tormato w Sleeve Excellent Disc NO HOLES OR CUTS w Howe & Wakeman US $3.99 [2 bids]
1h
YES Drama 12" Vinyl LP Record - Canadian Pressing XSD 16019 US $15.32 Buy It Now 1h 2m
FIVE STAR - If I Say Yes - Excellent Condition 12" Single Tent PT 42082 US $11.91 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Asia (2) - Alpha/LP Geffen GHS 4008/NM+ USA/Steve Howe/Carl Palmer/Yes US $5.00 [0 bids]
I'll Say Yes - Tabernacle Brooklyn New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Baccara 45 Yes Sir I Can Boogie Mono Stereo Promo Manhattan 1104 US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
TWINSET AND THE PEARL tell me straight 12" 3 trk featuring yes master mix and su US $8.50 Buy It Now 1h 18m
PET SHOP BOYS - YES NEW CD US $24.52 Buy It Now 1h 19m
ANYONE'S DAUGHTER Limited Edition Picture Disc PROG YES GENESIS ELOY 1980 Vinyl US $25.55 [0 bids]
WELL RED yes we can 12" 2 trk pre-release extended mix b/w let me out (vs92512dj US $8.50 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Yoko Ono : Yes Im a Witch CD (2007) US $4.34 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Yes-Today - CD [USG] US $5.35 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Dinah Washington - Dinah, Yes Indeed LP - Capitol - Jazz US $9.01 [0 bids]
NM 2 DOUBLE LP~YES~Yesshows~{Original 1980 ATLANTIC Issue~Live]~ US $5.97 Buy It Now 1h 28m
DEVASTATIONS - YES U [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $12.24 Buy It Now 1h 29m
JACK VIDGEN - YES I AM [JACK VIDGEN] - NEW CD US $15.52 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Just Say Yo: Vol. 2 of Just Say Yes by Various Artists (CD, Sire) US $6.00 [0 bids]
30 classic rock 8 tracks- Elvis, Motown, Moody Blues, Yes, Elton John and more! US $29.99 [0 bids]
NM LP~The MODELS~Yes With My Body~[Original 1979 WINDSONG Issue] US $6.97 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Yes : Drama CD US $4.84 Buy It Now 1h 37m
YES AMERICA 45 FREE COMBINED U.S. SHIPPING US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
YES Going For The One 2013 LE # HYBRID sacd SEALED audiophile US $24.99 [0 bids]
YES, CLOSE TO THE EDGE - GERMAN LP ATL 50012 US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 38m
YES RELAYER ORIGINAL GATEFOLD VINYL LP SD181220698 IS THOROUGHLY NM- US $12.95 [0 bids]
YES TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS UK 1973 1ST PRESS 2 LP SET WAX IS Near Mint US $34.95 [0 bids]
YES going for the one 12" 2 trk special limited edition b/w awaken moderate ring US $8.50 Buy It Now 1h 44m
YES going for the one 12" 2 trk special limited edition b/w awaken one light scu US $8.50 Buy It Now 1h 44m
YES going for the one 12" 2 trk special limited edition b/w awaken part 1 some r US $8.50 Buy It Now 1h 45m
FLASH, Flash USA LP Peter Banks ex-Yes US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
FLASH, Flash UK 1st pressing A1 matrix EXCELLENT- LP Peter Banks ex-Yes US $68.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
YES, Close to the Edge GEORGE PIROS Presswell USA EXCELLENT- LP Roger Dean US $23.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
FLASH, Flash in the Can USA 1st pressing EXCELLENT- LP Peter Banks ex-Yes US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
FLASH, Out of Our Hands USA 1st pressing EXCELLENT- LP Peter Banks ex-Yes US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
CIRCA : HQ CD Prog Rock Yes Alumni Billy Sherwood & Tony Kaye US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Hey You. Yes You. Ben Lee MUSIC CD US $8.82 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Yes - Time And A Word (remastered) NEW CD US $8.13 Buy It Now 1h 57m
PARIS ANGELS oh yes 12" 3 trk white label test pressing with title sticker US $8.50 Buy It Now 1h 58m
PARIS ANGELS i understand 12" 3 trk b/w oh yes instrumental and too easy light e US $8.50 Buy It Now 1h 58m
PARIS ANGELS oh yes 12" 3 trk white label test pressing with title sticker on pl US $8.50 Buy It Now 2h
sealed promo CD sampler Sammy Davis Jr. Story Yes I Can! Rhino rat pack best of US $19.98 [0 bids]
Jon Anderson White Label Promo Ep from 3 Ships prog Lp YES US $22.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
GIRLS - YES NO YES NO YES NO NEW CD US $22.58 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Rick Wakeman GOLE prog lp Uk YES US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
PIANO TRIBUTE TO YES - NEW CD US $10.54 Buy It Now 2h 9m
YES - YESSHOWS (LTD) (180GM) NEW VINYL US $58.31 Buy It Now 2h 9m
The New Age of Atlantic LP Orig. Uk press Rare Yes Led Zep etc.... US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Yes RELAYER Prog LP WLPromo very rare banded for airplay US $47.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
7"-Single YES - It Can Happen (1984) GERMANY PS / TREVOR HORN US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
YES - YES: UNION (WS) NEW DVD US $24.90 Buy It Now 2h 18m
YES - KEYS TO ASCENSION / NEW DVD US $25.30 Buy It Now 2h 19m
VINTAGE YES, FRAGILE, 33 RPM ALBUM US $7.49 Buy It Now 2h 19m
YES "OWNER OF A LONELY HEART" 45 PS US $4.49 Buy It Now 2h 27m
YES**TIME AND A WORD (180 GRAM)**VINYL US $26.95 Buy It Now 2h 28m
45RPM Bobby Lewis TOSSIN & TURNIN/OH YES I LOVE Beltone US $6.50 Buy It Now 2h 31m
WHEN YOURE THROUGH THINKING SAY YES BY YELLOWCARD (CD) US $19.95 Buy It Now 2h 34m
sOUL FUNk VG++ 45 Lee Dorsey Yes We Can Part 1 on Polydor PROMO US $19.99 [0 bids]
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island) VG#99 US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 35m
JUST SAY YES... (Sire's Winter CD Music Sampler) - 1987 CD, 14 trks US $2.50 [0 bids]
TOP OF THE POPS 2 70's ROCK 2 x CD BOSTON BAD COMPANY YES T.REX SLADE FREE WHO US $5.47 [5 bids]
YES Fragile & Close To The Edge JAPAN Early Press CD Set 1988 W/Obi RARE! US $59.00 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Yes - Tormato Vinyl Record 1978 Atlantic Recording Corp US $9.98 Buy It Now 2h 37m
YES SIR BOSS ft JOSS STONE Mrs #1 2012 UK 2-trk promo CD US $5.10 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Yes Walls Cd Single 1 Track VICTORY 1994 Near Mint!! US $37.99 Buy It Now 2h 39m
SLUGABED Mountains Come Out Of The Sky UK 6-trk promo CD Yes Two People US $5.10 Buy It Now 2h 40m
YES BIG GENERATOR LP PROMOTIONAL MADE IN BRAZIL 1st PRESS 1987 jon anderson US $21.00 Buy It Now 2h 43m
YES WONDEROUS STORIES STEREO/MONO PROMO (1977) ST-A-34212/34213 3416 7" 45 PROG US $7.98 Buy It Now 2h 44m
YES OWNER OF A LONELY HEART / OUR SONG / RED & BLUE MIX 12" VINYL SINGLE US $10.21 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Yes - S/T LP Atlantic K40034 UK 1971 gatefold reissue US $20.50 [8 bids]
Union by Yes (CD, Mar-2003, BV) US $1.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Roundabout & Other Hits [Remaster] by Yes (CD, May-2007, Flashback - Rhino) US $2.75 Buy It Now 2h 55m
RICK WAKEMAN- GOLE!- (YES) (Air mail records) Mini Lp US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Yes - CD Single by Amber/Amber Asylum (CD, Oct-2001, Tommy Boy) US $1.99 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN- THE BURNING- (YES)- Air mail records (Mini Lp) US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 2m
YES "Heaven & Earth" (CD, 2014 Frontiers FR651) US $14.60 Buy It Now 3h 3m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES In A Word ratings distribution

YES In A Word reviews

Review by Bj-1
4 stars Excellent compilation spanning over Yes' entire carrer up to the point of this release. Here we get five discs filled to the the rim with the "best of" Yes and I have to admit that the whole selection is definitely very representative of their progress from their debut in 1969. I also have to point out the booklet with the history of the band as well as rare pictures and snippets from interviews with all bandmembers. I got this mainly for the last few discs (I own all of their essential stuff) and "The Ladder"-era is my favorite so far. Great introduction to the forthcoming Yes fan. 4.5/5 stars.

Send comments to Bj-1 (BETA) | Report this review (#21496) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 12, 2005

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
3 stars It requires a very long career, such as the one of YES, to need no less than five full lenght CD's for an anthology. But for anyone to enjoy it ALL is very unlikely, when the band in question is as ambitious as YES. I deeply DISliked the most of the music on the fifth CD, not enjoying ANY individual track from start to end (only parts here and there). I have been a YES listener for over two decades now but I still can't get into their 90's/00's stuff. It seems like they are trying too hard to make as challenging music as in the seventies while trying at the same time to be modern. The combination often leads to horrible pretentiousness. Sadly they fail to make beautiful songs also in the opposite direction, simplicity, if one judges it by the light of this box. Take 'Last Train': a 2 minute doodling that repeats the same stupid lines over and over. Good grief. If I remember right, that song was one of five or so previously unreleased tracks (dating back as far as the late seventies). None of them impressed me.

I'm moving backwards here. I remember the original hearing of AWBH album in the late 80's was sort of refreshing, but the two selected tracks totally failed now for me. Big Generator ('87) was never my favourites but still I'm convinced it has better tracks than 'Rhythm of Love' or 'Love Will Find a Way'. Also the 90125 tracks are badly chosen if you ask me. No complaints about Drama; applause for not trying to make it seem less important album than others (as being the only one without Jon Anderson). But the worst track selection is from Tormato ('78), which as an album really isn't as bad as many want to remember it. It's just that the good tracks aren't chosen here; 'Release, Release' and 'Arriving UFO' are total crap.

My low-moral intention of borrowing this box was to burn a compilation CD set (naturally excluding tracks from the albums already in my shelf: Close To The Edge, Topographic Oceans and Drama, plus some songs featured in Keys To Ascension live CD). Well, I nearly took it for granted that I'd make it at least a 2-CD. With more consideration I brought it down to a single CD, stretching no further in discography than to Going For The One ('77). But boy, that result is wonderful indeed. A happy surprise was getting nice tracks from the first two albums too (one from each), while my memories of them were pretty low. 'Survival' and 'Then' remind me a bit of early CARAVAN!

Of the five CD's I consider only Nos. 1 and 2 well done (otherwise good disc 3 is marred by the wrong Tormato pickings). Fourth one is full of misses (or actually hits, but in this case it's almost the same thing). I haven't listened to albums Open Your Eyes, Talk and Magnification, so I can't judge the horrible last disc objectively. The lavishly illustrated book includes the band history and an essay on YES music, and naturally the discography with everything except the track listings.

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#164100) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, March 16, 2008

Review by Andy Webb
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Admin / Heavy Prog Team
5 stars Huge in length, huge in depth.

Yes have released numerous box sets and compilations over the years, but this is the most ambitious yet. Five discs, each packed full of great tracks, going through the band history on each disk. The set comes with a near book of the band, about 200 pages full of great pictures, biographies, and other goodies all about this spectacular landmark Prog band. All five discs add up to an impressive 390 minutes, including some of the bands very best tracks, with the longs, the shorts, the in-betweens, the unreleased, the underappreciated, and so much more. Overall this box set is perfect for the Yes newbie, as I was back in 2002. I didn't appreciate them then, but when I got into prog, having this in my dad's collection was essential for my small prog collection. I listen to this whenever I want a good mix of Prog- and you should too! Instead of reviewing each track (I would be insane), I will go by each disk.

Disk 1 ("Yes" to "The Yes Album") contains the very earliest Yes music, from their 60s psych roots to their early beginnings in symphonic rock. The disk contains classics like Survival, I've Seen All Good People, and Perpetual Change. Starting from the beginning is good for an retrospection on this band, as you can see the developing styles all throughout the set.

Disk 2 ("Fragile" to "Tales") encompasses the bands more classic (pretentious) period, with both massive tracks Close to the Edge and The Revealing Science of God contained on the disk. The disk showcases the delicious symphonic excesses that Yes had in their classic hey-day, with some of their best from that period.

Disk 3 ("Close to the Edge", "Relayer" to "Tormato") (Siberian Khatru didn't fit on Disk 2) shows the bands peak, with the massive Gates of Delirium contained on the disk, as well as hits from Going for the One and the overlooked Tormato. This disk contains some of the bands better tracks, as well as the collection's first unreleased track, Richard.

Disk 4 ("Drama" to "Union") contains the bands dreaded period, the 80s, and the early 90s. With the departure of Jon Anderson for Drama, the band made a slow decline into the sad dead period for classic prog during the 80s, and didn't fully recover ever again. Although this period in Yes history is frowned upon by die hard Yes fans, the band was able to bring together a collection of great tracks, some really great unreleased material, and overall a decent display of Yes's "pop" era.

Disk 5 ("Talk" to "Magnification") contains the band's newest material and the band's closest return to their 70s greatness. This collection shows the band's new sound, with some of their better tracks from each of the modern albums. Overall, the disk closes the history of Yes rather nicely, with the great In the Presence Of...

ALBUM OVERALL: In A Word, although not containing much "new" material (save the numerous unreleased tracks that appeared on the album), is an essential collection for any aspiring Prog fan. Five discs of Yes history capture the best of each of Yes' 18 studio records. With all the essential classics, this box is huge: and hugely important to a growing prog collection. 5 stars.

Send comments to Andy Webb (BETA) | Report this review (#285136) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 05, 2010

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
5 stars The Ultimate Yes Box Set in 390 minutes of Prog Heaven!

If anyone wants to know why Yes are celebrated as one of the greatest prog bands in history, this box set is the proof. This beautiful lavish set is the ultimate starting point for newcomers to Yes, and I bought this before buying anything else apart from "Tales from Topographic Oceans" and "90125". So for a long time I was married to this box set, devouring all its contents and being completely blown away by this 'new' band that was caressing my ears for months. The cover is adorned with the 'Hallelujah Mountains' and as you open the box, the book beckons you to flick through its pages.

The booklet is a wonderful complimentary gift with the set and tells you everything you want to know about the band, and stuff you wished it did not reveal, beautifully illustrated in glossy colour, with a time line at the end showing the tracks of each album that became my guide as I was beginning to collect every Yes album. But this was my launching pad, the book guiding me like a wise old sage to every album eventually of this genius music band. The book is a whopping 96 pages of Yes. "Tales from the Edge" is written by Chris Welch and researches meticulously the fascinating story of the birth of the band. There are pictures of the early years, the albums, the singles, picture sleeves, the transformation of the lienups, in 6 glorious sections in 53 pages. Then we get a few pages of colour pictorial spreads. The next section is by Bill Martin called "Another green language: still after all these years", which is basically what happened during Magnification, the departure from music and the reunion, up to the present day at the time of release. On Page 88 there is a terrific discography with pictures of the album in timeline format with info about each including the various lineups. The track list is here showing the albums where each song comes from as a guide to the box set. The book is as good as any available on the market and is the best I have seen in any box set, along with the books in The 21st Century Guide to King Crimson box sets.

Strangely enough my entire collection began with this over indulgence in box sets. I took a risk really forking out such an enormous amount of cash for bands I had only heard on the radio, in the case of Yes we all knew Owner of a Lonely Heart, but Yes is so much better. Yes had somehow avoided me in my teens like a guarded secret, and I guess I had avoided it. But music tastes change and I absolutely grew to love the music on this. The great thing about a set like this is it effectively replaces buying stacks of albums, and you can always go back and get the classics over time and still have value for this type of set. The huge booklet, that is packed with info, and the overall packaging are absolutely stunning. The box feels good in the hands as you flick through the 5 CD binders. The illustrations on the box are exclusive Roger Dean's artwork, as are parts of the book. The booklet taught me about Mr Dean and the career of the highly revered band, every member, every album, with all their line up changes and iconic statements in music.

Onto the music: Disc I jams on a full disk of early Yes with some great tracks such as Sweet Dreams, Astral Traveller and Time and a Word. Having heard the early albums, these songs are just about the best tracks. The music really transforms noticeably when we come to the classics Yours Is No Disgrace, and my all time favourite Yes song Starship Trooper. It ends with the legendary I've Seen All Good People. The great thing is these songs are the album length versions, no edits here thankfully. After hearing these songs I knew it would not be long before I owned The Yes Album and Fragile.

Disc II is perhaps the best in the collection, taking classics from Fragile and Close to the Edge. Every song is a killer; Roundabout, the full version, South Side of the Sky, Heart of the Sunrise, and the complete album length Close to the Edge track. It also features a little known track America, and ends with an obligatory track from Topographic. On compilations, it is either Ritual or the opening track, and in this case the much preferred The Revealing Science of God is used. I don't think I ever played it having owned the full album, but it needed to be here.

Disc III is also great Yes, especially with Siberian Khatru, and Long Distance Runaround. I was introduced to Relayer with the full 22 minute The Gates of Delirium, and To Be Over, and of course that is about the whole album apart from the Howe dominated track. The tunes change considerably and suddenly on the next few tracks, after the long hiatus and lineup changes. The best of Going for the One is here and replaced that album for me for years. The best songs on it are represented, the title track, Turn of the Century, Wonderous Stories, and the best of Tormato is represented with 3 songs. It ends with a previously unissued track called Richard, that is forgettable but nice that there is something unissued here. More unreleased tracks are to come on the ensuing discs.

Disc IV features the unissued tracks of Tango, Never Done Before, and Crossfire which is great for completists who may be drawn to this set to get those songs plus the rewards of the booklet. Drama is represented by its best songs Machine Messiah and Tempus Fugit. 90125 is well represented with the smash single Owner of a Lonely Heart, and 3 others, though Changes would be a better choice than Hold On. I had the 90125 album on cassette, my first Yes album, but on CD it is so much better of course. The disappointing commercial sound of Big Generator is here with the 3 songs, but it was wonderful to hear 2 tracks from the ABWH album, both are brilliant. The CD ends with one Union track. Disc V is the worst disc especially as the much maligned mediocre 1990s Yes albums are represented, Union, and Talk with the first 3 songs. I skipped often to the 18 minute epic Mind Drive track which is stunning from Keys to Ascension 2. The 2 tracks from Open Your Eyes are fine as is the mini epic Homeworld (The Ladder) and The Messenger from The Ladder. Last Train is another unreleased track that is OK and from the more recent Magnification is In the Presence of, clocking about 10 minutes and ending on a high note.

As with any compilations there are some big omissions. And You And I is missing for some strange reason though that would have meant the entire Close To The Edge would be here, which is not necessarily a great marketing move. I would have liked to have heard some live material but the live box set available compensates for that. Overall this is the ultimate Yes collection. It should not replace all the classic albums from the debut to Going For The One, but honestly disc 4 and 5 compensates for the Yes 1980s and 1990s albums. The set effectively spans the entire career of one of the greatest Symphonic Prog bands in history so it deserves 5 stars without hesitation.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#400056) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 13, 2011

4 stars 5 disc box set from 1992 with a wondeful cover. Pretty much anything good from Yes is here up to that point in the band's career. Expensive, but probably worth it considering what is contained on these cd's. Some rarer songs are here like "Richard" and "America". Well, it's hard to say anything bad ... (read more)

Report this review (#749362) | Posted by mohaveman | Saturday, May 05, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Yes-In A Word is an excellent box-set, and covers every square inch of the band's career. Starting with 'very Little Thing and finishing with 'In The Presence Of...' it is the perfect collection for anyone looking for some classic prog-and of course, Yes define classic prog. Even the Rabin-yea ... (read more)

Report this review (#21499) | Posted by | Thursday, March 24, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A most acceptable packaging of the best of Yes, all collected together in one place, although I'm not exactly sure who it is aimed at. There are some "previously unreleased " songs, althiugh most of these are available in other forms, and are on the whole, unessential to the casual listener. A ... (read more)

Report this review (#21493) | Posted by | Monday, November 22, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "In A Word "