PSYCHOGROTESQUE

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Aborym Psychogrotesque album cover

Buy ABORYM Music
Studio Album, released in 2010

1. Psychogrotesque I (1:56)
2. Psychogrotesque II (5:03)
3. Psychogrotesque III (4:05)
4. Psychogrotesque IV (4:36)
5. Psychogrotesque V (5:40)
6. Psychogrotesque VI (6:14)
7. Psychogrotesque VII (5:12)
8. Psychogrotesque VII (2:30)
9. Psychogrotesque IX (2:48)
10. Psychogrotesque X (8:43)

Total time 32:49

Search ABORYM Psychogrotesque lyrics

Search ABORYM Psychogrotesque tabs

- Fabban / vocals, bass and synths
- Hell:IO:Kabbalus / guitars, synths and programming
- Bård G. Eithun / drums

Thanks to Time Signature for the addition

ABORYM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ABORYM Psychogrotesque Music

PsychogrotesquePsychogrotesque
Season of Mist 2010

More places to buy ABORYM music online Buy ABORYM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ABORYM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ABORYM Psychogrotesque ratings distribution

ABORYM Psychogrotesque reviews

Review by J-Man
4 stars Imagine that you are trapped in a dark forest late at night. There's no light and no other human beings that are there to comfort you. The only light is the bleak reflection of the moon, allowing only shadows to be visible. You are positive that somebody else is there... but you can't see them. You can only hear their faint, flesh-hungry whispers and devilish screams. That was the feeling I had the entire time I listened to Aborym's Psychogrotesque. A feeling of helplessness, fear, and misery. I'm not usually the type of person who enjoys such an album, but whenever a dark and perverted part of me overcomes my mind, this is precisely the album that I will put on. This is a high-quality, unique, and diverse work of art that is not recommended to the faint of heart.

Aborym plays a unique style of industrial black metal. On this album you will hear atmospheric synthesizers, fast blast beats, wailing saxophone solos, and creepy sound effects. The more industrial-influenced parts don't appeal to me very much, but they are done in a high-quality fashion. Still, I much prefer the symphonic black metal sections. This is a 10-part "concept-ish" album, consisting of song titles that only consist of a roman numeral. There is definitely a conceptual feeling throughout Psychogrotesque. I won't mention any particular tracks since the entire album is really one big song, but I will mention that the album's opening really sets the overall mood perfectly. The atmospheric keyboards throughout this album really add an extra dimension to Aborym's sound. Check out the fourth track to understand why.

The production is great. It is much more polished than old-school black metal purists will enjoy, but I personally think it's great. It's atmospheric, yet extremely heavy at the right times.

Psychogrotesque isn't the type of album I'll put on frequently, but I've really enjoyed listening to the latest Aborym album during the last week. If you want unique extreme metal that will send chills down your spine every time you hear it, this is a highly recommendable release. Just be warned - this is not an album for the squeamish. 4 stars are well deserved for this high quality album. It'll only be a matter of time before I check out some more Aborym releases.

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#324360) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, November 17, 2010

4 stars "Psychogrotesque", the latest release by Italian industrial black metal act Aborym, certainly lives up to its title. It's an altogether unpleasant experience listening to that album - fortunately, given that this is industrial black metal, this is a good thing. The lyrical content, which is abo ... (read more)

Report this review (#323461) | Posted by Time Signature | Wednesday, November 17, 2010 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ABORYM "Psychogrotesque"