ANGELS AND DEMONS

Cast Angels and Demons album cover

Buy CAST Music
Studio Album, released in 1997

1. Initiation (7:53)
2. We Don't Belong To Heaven (3:08)
3. Reality Or Misanthropy? (Mix-up) (6:31)
4. What We See/The Increasing Sorrow Of The Earth (8:54)
5. Angels And Demons (5:05)
6. Revealing Signs of Love (13:42)
7. Fallen Angel (3:18)
8. Loneliness (10:42)
9. Fire In The Sky, Fire On Earth (5:25)
10. White Lies? / Brief Story Of The Freewill (9:07)

Search CAST Angels and Demons lyrics

Search CAST Angels and Demons tabs

- Dino Brassea / vocals
- Francisco Hernandez Reyes / guitars
- Luis Alfonso Vidales / keyboards
- Antonio Bringas / drums and percussion
- Rodolfo Gonzalez Quiroz / bass

ALF-007 CD

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

CAST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAST Angels and Demons Music

ORIGINAL LONDON CAST - NINE [LONDON CONCERT CAST RECORDING] [CD] [1 - NEW CD US $9.38 Buy It Now 34m 45s
LOT OF 6 BROADWAY MUSICIALS CDS-including ORGINIAL CAST-101 tracks US $19.99 [0 bids]
35m 40s
Lot of 5 Broadway musical Original Cast CDS US $19.99 [0 bids]
39m 41s
Hot Shoe Shuffle-1993-Australia Original Cast-CD US $46.89 Buy It Now 43m 39s
The Original Broadway Cast - West Side Story US $4.90 Buy It Now 43m 54s
CAST (U.K.) - MOTHER NATURE CALLS [DELUXE EDITION] [BOX] - NEW CD BOXSET US $18.07 Buy It Now 44m 57s
CHESS ~ RCA BLUE DISC ~ CAST PAIGE DICKSON HEAD ~ BIG BOX 2 CD MADE IN USA US $1.68 [0 bids]
45m 21s
BILLY NO NAME original cast MINT Lp US $15.56 [0 bids]
56m 33s
Four Tops 45 BACK TO SCHOOL AGAIN / ROCK A LUAU by The Cast~ VG++ US $5.39 Buy It Now 56m 39s
A CHORUS LINE - Original Cast Recording - CD - Remastered VG++ US $3.99 Buy It Now 56m 57s
The Who , Audio CD, The Who's Tommy: Original Cast Recording - Highlights (1992 US $7.09 Buy It Now 1h
VINYL LP - MY FAIR LADY - ORIGINAL CAST - EPG68001 US $15.23 Buy It Now 1h
Soundtrack - Hair (New Cast) (2009) - Used - Compact Disc US $5.98 Buy It Now 1h 3m
ORIGINAL CAST RECORD - MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG [ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST - NEW CD US $5.78 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Carol Channing As Lorelei Orig Cast '73 MGM Sealed LP US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
THE ACT Liza Minelli Orig Cast Vinyl Lp Near Mint US $8.09 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Vintage LP Record, All Star Cast, Various Artists, NICE US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
TOP HAT [ORIGINAL LONDON CAST] - NEW CD US $19.39 Buy It Now 1h 18m
1995 LONDON CAST/LON - AIN'T MISBEHAVIN': THE FATS WALLER MUSICAL SHOW - NEW CD US $18.92 Buy It Now 1h 22m
ORIGINAL CAST RECORD - BLAST: AN EXPLOSIVE MUSICAL CELEBRATION - NEW CD US $6.50 Buy It Now 1h 24m
CAST-LONDON - ROCKY HORROR SHOW - NEW CD US $22.47 Buy It Now 1h 26m
ORIGINAL LONDON CAST - TRELAWNY (ORIGINAL 1972 LONDON CAST) - NEW CD US $26.13 Buy It Now 1h 30m
THE APPLESEED CAST - MIDDLE STATES [EP] [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $10.18 Buy It Now 1h 36m
STEWART, DAVE - GHOST: THE MUSICAL [ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING] * - NEW CD US $18.15 Buy It Now 1h 36m
ORIGINAL LONDON CAST - AFTER THE BALL (ORIGINAL LONDON CAST) - NEW CD US $15.28 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Sesame Street Album And Book Original Cast 1971 Decoration US $7.50 [0 bids]
The Mystery Of Edwin Drood SEALED Original Cast LP Betty Buckley Cleo Laine M- US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
CAST Live The Dream PROMO CD 4trks Card slv. The La's John Power US $1.68 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Annie - 1979 - Original Australian Cast LP US $46.89 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Bread:Soul Sound Jesus Review-Jeff Carroll-1972 - Original Australian Cast LP US $93.82 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Chicago - 1981 - Australian Cast LP US $46.89 Buy It Now 2h 4m
I Love My Wife - 1982 - Orig Australian Cast LP US $46.89 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Lola Montez - 1959 - Harry Preston - Australian Cast LP US $46.89 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Pippin Soundtrack Record LP Cast Album Ben Vereen Motown US $11.99 [0 bids]
Oklahoma Theatre Guild Original Cast LP Record 1958 US $13.99 [0 bids]
Oh Calcutta - 1969 - Original Australian Cast LP US $93.82 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Oklahoma - 1982 - Original Australian Cast LP US $46.89 Buy It Now 2h 5m
The Boy Friend - 1968 - Original Australian Cast LP US $46.89 Buy It Now 2h 5m
The Rocky Horror Show SEALED LP London Cast 1973 Tim Curry Mint US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
ORIGINAL CAST RECORD - RUGGLES OF RED GAP: CAST RECORDING - NEW CD US $11.70 Buy It Now 2h 6m
DISCO TEX / CLOUDBURST - I CAN CAST A SPELL - HOUSE CD SINGLE US $3.37 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Starlight Express The Original Cast 2 CD (1984, West Germany ) RARE US $6.50 Buy It Now 2h 12m
1961 The Fantasticks Original Cast Album Soundtrack LP MGM E-3872-OC VG+ Tested US $5.20 Buy It Now 2h 15m
OST Evita Original London Cast Recording Vinyl LP MCA MCG3527 US $20.32 Buy It Now 2h 16m
THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG LP ORIG. CAST. 1979 CASABLANCA US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 18m
ORIGINAL CAST RECORDING In White America COLUMBIA Shrink MONO US $11.00 Buy It Now 2h 20m
ENNIO MORRICONE: Musiques Originales De Films (soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 2h 25m
The Boy from Oz [A Decca Broadway Original Cast Musical] by Original Cast NEW US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
JACKSON millie & cast/sound trk R&B SOUL 13hits NEW CD US $7.88 [0 bids]
GODSPELL: NEW BROADWAY CAST / O.C.R. NEW CD US $24.39 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Show Boat 1993 Toronto Revival Cast Premiere CD+ AGAINST ALL ODDS US $0.99 [0 bids]
Peter Pan - 1997 Cathy Rigby - Original Cast CD US $28.11 Buy It Now 2h 33m
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee - Original Cast US $14.28 Buy It Now 2h 36m
OH CALCUTTA - AUSTRALIAN CAST - BANNED - - OZ LP US $28.16 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Russ Case, Eddie Ruhl & Cast - My Fair Lady - Bravo - BR310 (7" EP) US $5.07 Buy It Now 2h 40m
COMPANY Musical Broadway Cast Recording CD (2006) Raul Esparza Stephen Sondheim US $13.99 [0 bids]
CATS - ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST ( ACT 2 ONLY!!1) US $1.00 Buy It Now 2h 45m
ORIGINAL CAST RECORD - LITTLE WOMEN [ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST RECORDING] - NEW CD US $13.17 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Cats - Original Cast 11252566 US $16.86 Buy It Now 3h 6m
ENNIO MORRICONE: Un Film, Una Musica (rare soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) US $40.00 Buy It Now 3h 9m
COCO Broadway Cast Katharine Hepburn Vinyl Lp SEALED US $9.89 Buy It Now 3h 13m
DAVID SPANGLER Nefertiti Original Cast Recording '78 TAKE HOME TUNES ORIG LP NM US $17.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
GiGi Original Cast Soundtrack Album Reel to Reel Tape US $7.49 Buy It Now 3h 15m
LEONARD SILLMAN'S NEW FACES OF 1952 - ORIGINAL CAST (LOC1008) Great album! US $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Ain't Misbehavin' Original Broadway Cast Rec. Double Play Cassette Tape - TESTED US $11.86 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Bullets Over Broadway **Original Broadway Cast Recording **Brand New CD!! US $10.00 [0 bids]
Grange hill cast- you know the teacher(smash head) 7" US $4.73 Buy It Now 3h 30m
VINYL LP - MY FAIR LADY - ORIGINAL CAST - CBS7005 US $15.23 Buy It Now 3h 30m
THE SOUND OF MUSIC original London Cast HOWARD LINDSAY Russel Crouse US $12.71 Buy It Now 3h 33m
CAST THE TROUBLED TIMES TOUR LIVE 2012 O2 Shepherds Bush London John Power La's US $13.54 Buy It Now 3h 35m
ORIGINAL CAST: Darling Of The Day (styne/harburg) (cast (soundtrack US $30.00 Buy It Now 3h 39m
WIZARD OF OZ london cast OVER RAINBOW witch is dead IF I ONLY HAD A HEART tape US $4.49 [0 bids]
The Phantom of the Opera [Original London Cast] by Andrew Lloyd Webber (CD,... US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 42m
CONSTANCE WILLIS Contralto Titterton Tenor Home to our mountains 78 B/Cast 5031 US $22.01 Buy It Now 3h 45m
Glee Cast : Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album CD (2010) US $3.97 Buy It Now 3h 49m
TEL AVIV SCOUTS ISRAEL ISRAELI HEBREW MUSICAL CAST RARE CASSETTE TAPE US $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 51m
SOUNDTRACK: Dear John (soundtrack & cast vinyl LP) US $18.00 Buy It Now 3h 53m
I REMEMBER MAMA premiere cast GERMANY CD RICHARD RODGERS SALLY ANN HOWES 1985 US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 58m
Original Broadway Cast Recording : The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee CD US $13.99 Buy It Now 3h 58m
Camelot [Original Broadway Cast] by Original Cast (CD, Oct-2009, Masterworks) US $2.99 [0 bids]
A CHORUS LINE, ORIGINAL CAST: NY SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL PRODUCTION, , BRAND NEW! US $12.99 [0 bids]
4h
Martin Guerre [1999 British Cast Recording] (CD, Sep-1999, Dreamworks SKG) US $1.75 Buy It Now 4h 3m
The Premiere Collection: The Best Of Andrew Lloyd Webber (Original Cast Compilat US $1.00 Buy It Now 4h 7m
kwamina original broadway cast lp EX NICE! stereo romoff swao 1645 12" innerslv US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Light in the Piazza [Original Broadway Cast Recording] by Original... US $2.99 [1 bids]
GREASE ORIGINAL CAST ADRIENNE BARBEAU BARRY BOSTWICK 1SE-34 OC 1972 MGM VG-EX US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 8m
Passion [Original Broadway Cast Recording] by Stephen Sondheim - CD US $2.99 [0 bids]
Annie Get Your Gun [1966 Broadway Revival Cast] by Original Cast (C US $8.95 Buy It Now 4h 11m
CATS: ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST RECORDING,1982, OUTSTANDING! MAKES GREAT GIFT! US $7.99 [0 bids]
CAROL HALL - BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS - Cast LP US $16.00 Buy It Now 4h 15m
Columbia Records Original Cast "SESAME STREET BOOK & RECORD" 45 RPM 1970 US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 16m
Parade - The Musical - Original Broadway Cast (CD, Apr-1999, RCA Victor) US $2.99 [1 bids]
Grange Hill Cast - "Just Say No" 7" (1986) EX / RESL183 BBC US $3.03 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Guys and Dolls [1992 Broadway Revival Cast] by 1992 Broadway Cast/Edward... US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Producers Original Broadway Cast Recording Matthew Broderick/Nathan Lane CD US $1.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
The King and I 1996 Broadway Revival Cast CD LOU DIAMOND PHILLIPS DONNA MURPHY US $1.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
STARLIGHT 2 X LP - ORIGINAL CAST US $13.98 Buy It Now 4h 21m
Cast Recordings - Taking A Chance On Love CD US $19.98 Buy It Now 4h 22m
Off-Broadway Cast - Five Course Love CD US $20.24 Buy It Now 4h 22m
The Will Rogers Follies [Original Cast] by Original Cast (CD, Aug-1991, Sony... US $5.95 Buy It Now 4h 23m

More places to buy CAST music online Buy CAST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAST Angels and Demons ratings distribution

CAST Angels and Demons reviews

Review by Greger
4 stars This album don't have the same strength as their previous album "Beyond Reality", that was a true masterpiece. Strangely the vocals haven't got the same brilliance as on "Beyond Reality", or at least I think so. I also think that the production was slightly better on that album. But don't be fooled by the criticism, "Angels and Demons" are a close second. They are still one of the better neo-prog bands around and really deserves to make it big. This album contains a lot of instrumental passages with keyboards dueling with intricate guitars and drums. I'm astounded by the technical skills of CAST. Not many neo-prog groups reaches this level, especially to Alfonso Vidales keyboard playing. Just listen to "White Lies? / Brief Story Of The Freewill" and you know what I mean. The album also got a fantastic cover, equal to the cover of "Beyond Reality". Best track: "Revealing Signs Of Love". If you've never heard CAST before, go buy "Beyond Reality" or "Angels And Demons", and I think you'll soon buy the others too. The future belongs to CAST.

Send comments to Greger (BETA) | Report this review (#1952) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Review by lor68
4 stars Remarkable album, even though not completely original and with some repetitive parts within some music passages. After this issue they began performing similar themes and being involved with some excesses during their long solos!! Recommended!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#1953) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 01, 2004

Review by Gatot
4 stars I had a unique experience with the band that I only knew it sometime in 1998, after they had existed many years before. It was my prog gurus: Andy Julias, Bowo and Suryorimba who informed me about how great the band was. I did not argue with them as I knew how good their opinions were; and I ordered about 10 albums of the band and 2 solo projects of the keyboardist and guitarist (it's a great solo album!). When my CDs arrived, "Angels and Demons" blew me! I understand why my friends acknowledge this band. I even purchased the BAJA PROG CD that caught CAST live performance. The early albums of the band were not all excellent. (There was a funny experience happened to my friend who chased the album of CAST in my country and he got the wrong CD which was a group of the same name but from UK - in the vein of pop music..... LOL).

The real strengths of this Mexican (not UK) band are on: 1.) their complex and tight music composition, and 2.) the musicianship of Luis Alfonso Vidales (keyboards), Francisco Hernandez Reyes (guitars) and Antonio Bringas (oops ..!! In my language this means "wild" . which serves to be right if I associate this with his dynamic drumming in "Initiation". Great work, Mr. Bringas!). The album presents a much more complex arrangements and heavier if compared to any other neo progressive band (I believe that this band has been pigeon holed as neo band. I actually disagree with this because, I think, most of their music is complex and heavy in nature).

The band dares to open the album with a relatively long instrumental piece with shuffling drums: "Initiation". This track is relatively complex and it has varieties of shifting tempos, dynamic melodies with howling keyboard sound. Yes, it's a keyboard- based track but I admire how Antonio Bringas plays his drums and percussion sets. For those of you who never heard of this band might be surprised with the overall quality of this track. Dynamic and marvelous! Especially if you play it LOUDly ..

"We Don't Belong To Heaven" is a relatively mellow track with a nice keyboard intro accompanied by a howling guitar (Hackettian). Good melody with no drumming. This track is well positioned to welcome next beautifully crafted and energetic track: "Reality Or Misanthropy?". For me personally, this track is a masterpiece. It has a fascinating and speedy keyboard play with great melody on its vocal line. The interlude keyboard solo coupled with dazzling drumming and guitar fills work well in a perfect harmony. The melody of this track is really deep, touchy and memorable. This track BLOWS me! (The other Mexican version of this track under "Laguna de Volcanes" double CD compilation is even better. It has flute in the interlude). This is the kind of music that any band who plays in the vein of GENESIS should look like.

The title track "Angels And Demons" is an instrumental piece heavily influenced by classical music. This track is merely used to demonstrate how powerful the keyboard player is. I guess. It's too dominant really. "Revealing Signs of Love" is a long track with beautiful melody and excellent keyboard and piano plays combined with guitar fills. The piano reaches its highest at minutes 6:57 and they keyboard's nicest play is at minute 10:31. What an amazing music these guys have made!! For me personally, from minute 10:31 onwards is the part that creates great climax for this track.

"White Lies? / Brief Story Of The Freewill" is my all-time favorite. It has melodic vocal at opening section with excellent howling guitar, accentuated by TULL-like flute sound and dynamic bass lines. What a great opening! The structure of this track is unusual as it has vocal at the opening part but the rest and longer part of the track is purely an instrumental piece with shifting tempos and powerful articulation of multi instruments: keyboard, piano, flute. The Hackettian guitar play at interlude is really nice when it is combined with piano and dazzling bass. No one would argue that this track is a masterpiece and the best composition that CAST has ever produced! I have a habit of repeating this track 3 or 4 times. It's very enjoyable and very uplifting. Unfortunately, the sonic quality of the CD is not excellent.

The downsides of this album are: 1. Poor production quality. It happens to almost all of CAST albums (I have 10 albums of CAST with same poor quality). Even, I purchased the "Laguna de Volcanes" in CDR format (but, it's original! Because I purchased it direct from the band couple years ago). It's a pity, such a great music is not well supported by proper packaging. 2. Almost all compositions in this album are excellent. BUT it's very boring since there is too much keyboard sound here and there in almost similar (or even the same) style. In the middle of the disc you will find that the nice keyboard play is becoming a boring stuff because the keyboard player is overdoing it. He's kind like "abusing" his skills to dominate the music. Nothing wrong, isn't it? But .. it's damn boring, my friend. He should let the Hackettian guitarist plays more roles in melody and solo during interlude. Bring down your "ego" Mr. Poncho ..

To conclude my review: I give 5 star rating for musicianship, composition and performance. However, due to poor production and packaging and boring musical stuff, I give an overall of 4.45 star. I think it's fair enough. - Gatot Widayanto, Indonesia.

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#1955) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Review by chessman
4 stars I only discovered this band last year, through this website, and, having downloaded the free mp3 track from this album, I was impressed enough to try the album. You wouldn't expect this type of music to come from Mexico really, but this album is a nice surprise. Firstly, the weak point is probably the vocals. They sing in English, but their English isn't as good as Swedish or Dutch bands, and they can sound quite weak at times. However, I am not one to moan about this, as my knowledge of other languages is non-existent, and I admire any band that can translate their own words into another tongue. Having said that, the vocals are not really bad either, and have a certain charm of their own. Musically, this band is very powerful. I had heard that they were Genesis clones, but, although their influence is clear, this band have their own style as well. Their guitar is reminiscent of Mr Hackett, and the occasional keyboard flourish has a Banksian feel to it, but the similarities end there. Vidales, the keyboard player, is something else, and has an exceptional talent. I suspect he leads the band really. The opener, 'Initiation', shows his skills off wonderfully. It is an instrumental, and demonstrates the band's ability immediately. Bass and drums are busy and very profficient and the band shows it is a tight knit unit. The album has a story running through it, the age old tousle between, well, Angels And Demons! Old fare, but well presented here. Second track, 'We Don't Belong To Heaven' is quieter, almost dreamlike, but very melodic. 'Reality Or Misanthropy' ups the tempo again, and to great effect. 'What We See' continues in this vein, and is followed by another nice instrumental, 'Angels And Demons'. 'Revealing Signs Of Love' is the longest track on the album, and the listener's interest is not allowed to flag. 'Fallen Angel' is yet another instrumental, but is probably my least favourite. Not that it is bad in any way, and it fits in nicely with the rest of the tracks. 'Loneliness' has some nice tempo changes, and, again, wonderful keyboard work. 'Fire In The Sky, Fire On Earth' is, (have you guessed it?) another instrumental!!! Finally, 'White Lies/Brief Story Of Freewill' ends the record in a superb way, with more tempo changes, and excellent guitar work. Throughout the album, the guitar takes second place to the keyboards, but Reyes himself is no slouch on the six strings, and plays in a controlled, atmospheric way. I would heartily recommend this album to anyone who likes good keyboard work, in the style of Tony Banks, circa 75-76. A surprising success this, but an album I have played a lot.

Send comments to chessman (BETA) | Report this review (#1957) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 14, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars Cast sixth album will prolonged the experience of releasing complex music by good musicians. I have always felt though that their songwritting was a bit "short" except for "Third Call".

The opener is fully ELP oriented. High technicity and heavy keys of course. But although the music is well executed it lacks in passion to my taste. Consistency is also not their strenght : I can identify at least three themes in this opener; but no smooth linking nor transitions. Just good but uninspired music played by skilled musicians.

When you listen to "We Donīt Belong To Heaven" and "Revealing Signs Of Love" PFM influence comes immediately to my mind (but it was already true on a previous album).

Genesis being around here for "Reality" and "What We See". Very little originality so far. Nice music to hear while you are doing something else because when you really concentrate on it (like I am doing for this review) it not really appealing. The finale of "What We See" is also weird. It ends as if it were a demo track : cut off abruptedly (this was also the case in some earlier releases).

The title track is one of the highlight on this album. Great virtuosity on the piano. Again, ELP could not be closer (which is far from annoying me). "Revealing Signs Of Love" is the longest and most elaborate track. It contains very nice intrumental breaks (the last one being very much "Cinema Show" like).

After "Fallen Angel" which is a poor instrumental number (but Cast plays a lot of insturmental music, which again is usually not a problem for me) we'll get "Loneliness" which is a very good moment of this album. Very much keys oriented but some guitar breaks here and there add a nice touch. This song though is a bit too long to be interesting throughout its lenght.

I have the same feeling for the whole of this album : too lenghty and monotonous. Again, Cast will almost always release very long CD's (even several double ones). It reminds a bit some of TFK ones which would have gained if a bit cut down.

As usual, Cast influences are ELP, Genesis (76-77 while they were four) and PFM. If you like these bands (and I do), you would not dislike Cast. Maybe that they should have opted for Spanish lyrics to sound more original, but I am not sure it would have helped (anyway, they will do so some years later).

Cast albums seem to be endless. I know that I made this comment already for Cast (as I did for TFK and Mostly Autumn) but since they seem to persevere in this direction (and the story is not over yet) I can only repeat my feeling. Three stars (but five out of ten if I did not have these strong links with Mexico).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#122273) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 15, 2007

3 stars CAST have been quite prolific since their debut album in 1994, releasing something like 16 studio albums during that time.They have to be the most well known Mexican Symphonic Prog band. I know they had a hand in the Baja Prog festival as well as playing in it numerous times.These guys are good, I was quite impressed instrumentally especially when they let loose.This particular album is a little long at around 74 minutes, in fact cut it to 50 minutes of the best material here and I give it 4 stars.

"Imitation" has a temendous drum intro before everyone else joins in as we get this impressive instrumental display. "We Don't Belong To Heaven" is a short keyboard and vocal led track. "Reality Or Misanthropy ? (Mixup)" sounds good with the guitar soloing in the background as the vocals lead with keys,bass and drums. An intense instrumental section takes over around 3 1/2 minutes.The vocals are back before 6 minutes. "What We See / The Increasing Sorrow Of The Earth" puts the focus on the vocals early and the tempo picks up before 3 minutes but it does shift often here. A classical flavour before 6 minutes. "Angels And Demons" opens with piano and there is a classical flavour on this one too.

"Revealing Signs Of Love" is a vocal track. Synths do solo after 2 1/2 minutes followed by guitar. A great sound after 6 1/2 minutes as we get another intense instrumental display to the end. "Fallen Angel" features piano and drums that standout.Synths join in but there are lots of sounds here in this Classical sounding tune. "Loneliness" opens with piano,vocals and guitar. Good sound. A calm with piano after 3 1/2 minutes but then everyone joins in. Some Oldfield-like guitar follows. "Fire In The Sky Fire In The Earth" opens with piano and classical vibe. Aboe too. A beautiful instrumental. "White Lies? Brief Story Of Freewill" reminds me of Phideaux vocally.Vocals stop and drums take over. Back to the original soundscape 2 minutes in with vocals. An excellent instrumental section follows to the end. So good.

3.5 stars for this one.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#392984) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Review by b_olariu
4 stars The worthy follow up of previous album Beyond reality is the 1997 release Angels and demons. I quite like a lot this band, with rich sound , complex arrangements and perfect musicianship makes, at least for me, Cast atruly great band that needs a far mor exposure to the public. Angels and demons keeps the symphonic prog tradition of previous album, with some simply amazing instrumental sections and instrumental pieces aswell. The opening track again an instrumental one Initiation is a true gem of a piece. Symphinic/neo prog like in old good time, vintage sound, nice , smooth and virtuosic passges where the keybords are the main attraction. The album goes in this direction with no weak moments, only top notch performance. The highlight besides opening track is Revealing Signs of Love, 13 min of sheer beauty. 4 stars again, simply said I like a lot Cast, is not only one of the front prog rock bands from Mexico but can be considerate one of the great symphonic prog bands world wide, with each album they become better and better. I can only recommend Cast music and for sure I will buy more albums from their catalogue because I was simply pleasent surprised by their music.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#703964) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 02, 2012

3 stars Amazing cover, it really demonstrates the name of the album. 1/Initiation - very complex instrumental song lead by keyboards. Excellent, but maybe a little bit long. 2/We Don't Belong To Heaven - very haunted chord progression, vocals are good, overall it's nice song without doubt. 3/Re ... (read more)

Report this review (#246248) | Posted by Rashly | Sunday, October 25, 2009 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Sorry, i like Cast but i donīt like this album. I love the previous studio album (Beyond Reality) but i couldnīt avoid to feel disappointed when i heard this one. Fortunately the band created much better albums later, but no one like BR. Anyway, i say the same what i told you about BR: at l ... (read more)

Report this review (#42975) | Posted by incubus | Monday, August 15, 2005 | Review Permanlink

5 stars this alblum is awesome for staters this is the best keyboard oriented alblum alfonso vidales reigns here the instrumental pieces are what dazzle me the most especialy the instru title trackclocking in at 5minutes and 5 seconds and the mini epic revaeling signs of love is the highlight of this ... (read more)

Report this review (#1956) | Posted by | Thursday, August 19, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAST "Angels and Demons"