RAYBURN

Rayburn

Rayburn Rayburn album cover

Buy RAYBURN Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Your Mind (Doubt) (3:12)
2. Got To Get Ready To Die (6:37)
3. Steam Shuffle (3:07)
4. Said, I Love Only You (8:03)
5. Righteous Man (5:22)
6. Songbird (6:56)
7. See My Eyes (4:14)
8. The Trail Is Gone (2:05)
9. Your Mind (Doubt) (3:15)
10. America (2:17)
11. Saltless Tears (4:36)
12. Hey Friend (3:14)
13. Working My Way Upstream (5:10)
14. Your Mind (Doubt) (3:49)

Search RAYBURN Rayburn lyrics

- Steve Stephens / keyboards and vocals

Guest musician:
- Steve Burchfield / guitars

CD 2009 Psych Of The South # POTS 4502

Thanks to chris s for the addition
and to progshine for the last updates

RAYBURN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RAYBURN Rayburn Music

RayburnRayburn
Psych of the South 2009

CHRIS RAYBURN - SAME OLD PLACES / SLOW LOVING WOMAN - ORIG. UK DEMO 1964 USD $10.55 [0 bids]
Better Days - Mike Rayburn [VGC CD] (REF TS BOX 14) USD $8.67 Buy It Now 4h 21m
50'S & 60'S Promo 45 Margie Rayburn - I Would / Alright, But It Won'T Be Easy On USD $5.00 Buy It Now 9h 42m
Rayburn Anthony - Collector's Edition #1 [New CD] Collector's Ed USD $17.62 Buy It Now 11h 16m
Carnegie Hall, Rayburn, Mike, New USD $5.84 Buy It Now 12h 44m
Romantical, Mike Rayburn, New USD $5.50 Buy It Now 12h 44m
Fidgety Digits, Mike Rayburn, New USD $5.99 Buy It Now 12h 44m
Margie Rayburn If You Were / I'm Available LIBERTY 78 RPM Record 55102 G+ USD $8.49 [2 bids]
Country Nm! 45 Rayburn Anthony - Country Music Fan / You Me And Tennessee On Bob USD $4.00 Buy It Now 16h 54m
Re 45 - FLEETWOODS/MARGIE RAYBURN Come Softly To Me/I'm Available w/ strip EX USD $5.99 Buy It Now 17h 24m
Rayburn Anthony - Big Bad City - Revival Rock & Roll/Rockabilly USD $19.06 Buy It Now 1 day
Rayburn Anthony - Big Bad City - Revival Rock & Roll/Rockabilly USD $22.26 Buy It Now 1 day
The Living End by Rayburn CD NEW USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
45 / Margie Rayburn / Cast A Little Spell On Me / Promo / 1961 / G+VG- USD $3.96 Buy It Now 1 day
Wooden Voices 1993 by Mike Rayburn USD $5.72 Buy It Now 1 day
MARGIE RAYBURN Margie Stereo Liberty lp Russ Garcia USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rayburn Anthony - Cry of Midnight [New CD] USD $14.70 Buy It Now 2 days
FORREST RAYBURN "OH MY WONDERFUL SWEET LORD" SEALED PRIVATE KY/INDIANA USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Rayburn Anthony - Everything's Just Waiting [New CD] USD $17.20 Buy It Now 2 days
Eleven - Mike Rayburn - (CD, Dry River, 2003) USD $4.42 Buy It Now 2 days
Margie Rayburn - I'm Available 10" Single 1957 / 78 rpm USD $52.82 Buy It Now 2 days
rockabilly margie rayburn oooh what a doll vg++ rk111 USD $8.55 Buy It Now 2 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY Dance Floor Crystal Ball LP VINYL US Audiograph 1982 10 Track USD $8.57 Buy It Now 2 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY This Time Marie 7" VINYL US Polydor 1976 B/w Maybe I Should've USD $4.15 Buy It Now 2 days
Chris Rayburn I Wanna Be In Love Again 7" vinyl single record UK R5422 USD $30.30 Buy It Now 3 days
MARGIE RAYBURN / RUSS GARCIA ORCH. - MARGIE - LIBERTY LP - WHITE LBL PROMO USD $12.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Rayburn, Mike : Carnegie Hall CD USD $3.46 Buy It Now 3 days
VINTAGE 45- IF YOU WERE - I'M AVAILABLE by MARGIE RAYBURN- LIBERTY RECORD LABEL USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
1951 BOY SCOUTS Learn International Morse Code - 2x10" Vinyl Rayburn NM USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MARGIE RAYBURN: I'm Available / If You Were 45 Vocalists USD $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY Walkin / Lonely Eyes 45 Polydor PD 14380 (1977) VG+ RARE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Eastman Jazz Ensemble-Spiral Galaxy/Rayburn Wright CD (1988) School of Music USD $1.87 Buy It Now 3 days
Chris Rayburn - S/T 1966 UK Parlophone Mono LP. Ex! USD $33.00 Buy It Now 4 days
MARGIE RAYBURN, "I'm Available"/ FLEETWOODS,"Come Softly To Me" 45rpm, USD $8.98 Buy It Now 4 days
CHRISTINE RAYBURN "SKIP-A-ROPE" V RARE PYE UK PROMO 7" (SOUL, R&B) USD $33.00 [0 bids]
MARGIE RAYBURN Margie '59 Liberty MONO turquoise RARE sexy very clean VG++ USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Margie Rayburn Liberty 55102 "I'M AVAILABLE" (GREAT ROCK N ROLL) 45 RECORD USD $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY If You Don't Like Hank Williams / This Time Marie 7" MINT USD $10.00 [0 bids]
POP 45RPM RECORD -MARGIE RAYBURN -LIBERTY 55174 - DJ -WRITTEN BY JOHNNY BURNETTE USD $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
margie-margie rayburn USD $3.00 Buy It Now 5 days
New: Anthony, Rayburn: Something Out of the Ordinary Audio CD USD $9.49 Buy It Now 5 days
Big Bad City - Rayburn Anthony (CD Used Very Good) USD $18.92 Buy It Now 5 days
Carnegie Hall by Rayburn, Mike USD $3.47 Buy It Now 5 days
Mike Rayburn at Carnegie Hall CD SIGNED/AUTOGRAPHED USD $3.04 Buy It Now 6 days
MARGIE RAYBURN- 45 - " IF YOU WERE " VG+ USD $0.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Rock 45 Margie Rayburn - If You Were / I'M Available On Liberty Records USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
ROBERT RAYBURN baritone & piano solos 2x 78 VG+ RCA USA Acetate Rare Illinois USD $500.00 Buy It Now 6 days
LP MARGIE RAYBURN with the RUSS GARCIA Orchestra MINT NEW Factory Sealed USD $29.00 Buy It Now 6 days
45 RECORD 7"- MARGIE RAYBURN - I'M AVAILABLE USD $4.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Mike Rayburn : Romantical CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Margie Rayburn - I'm Available / If You Were Vinyl 7" 45 - Liberty - F-55102 - USD $1.80 Buy It Now 7 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY 45 How Well I Know / Big Dream - NM USD $12.99 Buy It Now 7 days
MARGIE RAYBURN 45 I'M AVAILABLE B/W IF YOU WERE EX LIBERTY F-55102 USD $4.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Margie Rayburn "If You Were/I'm Available" 45 USD $4.95 Buy It Now 8 days
SUN 373 RAYBURN ANTHONY How Well I Know b/w Big Dream MINT! USD $15.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Margie Rayburn: I'm Available / If You Were 45 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 8 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY---HOW WELL I KNOW (Rockabilly 45) USD $17.50 Buy It Now 8 days
Unstoppable by Mike Rayburn (CD, 2000, Dry River Records) USD $2.79 Buy It Now 9 days
NEW - Carnegie Hall by Rayburn, Mike USD $2.00 Buy It Now 9 days
MARGIE RAYBURN....I'VE TRIED SO HARD NOT TO LOVE YOU....CHALLENGE-45 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MARGIE RAYBURN I WOULD/ALRIGHT BUT IT WON'T BE EASY LIBERTY 55134 M- USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Black Gospel Soul 45 Gerry Limpic & Mark Rayburn - Come To The River / Sunshine USD $5.00 Buy It Now 9 days
MARGIE RAYBURN OOOH WHAT A DOLL/SMOOCHIN LIBERTY 55120 M- EDDIE COCHRAN USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY /WHOSE GONNA SHOE YOUR PRETTY LITTLE FEET / THERE'S NO TOMORROW USD $35.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Rayburn Anthony - My Baby's Car Crazy (CD, signed) - Rock & Roll USD $25.62 Buy It Now 10 days
Rayburn Anthony - My Baby's Car Crazy (CD, signed) - Rock & Roll USD $29.50 Buy It Now 10 days
MARGIE RAYBURN "Margie" Deep Groove LIBERTY Black Label LST-7126 VG++ USD $29.99 Buy It Now 10 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY Jesus Is My Guiding Light 10 Track USA CD VG+/EX Sunray CD 2059 USD $6.59 Buy It Now 10 days
Margie Rayburn - 78rpm single 10-inch - Liberty #55102 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 10 days
no vinyl RAYBURN ANTHONY KITTY WELLS wild side of lif BLOCK of 10 JUKEBOX STRIP USD $5.49 Buy It Now 10 days
MARGIE RAYBURN If You Were / I'm Available LIBERTY 55102 SOUL 45 7" USD $4.99 Buy It Now 10 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY mother country music / crazy again 14346 POLYDOR 45 USD $2.49 Buy It Now 10 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY lonely eyes / walkin 14380 POLYDOR 45 USD $2.49 Buy It Now 10 days
Classic Margie Rayburn on Liberty Records / 45 Rpm / I'm Available / If You Were USD $7.95 Buy It Now 10 days
Margie Rayburn: I'm Available / If You Were 45 Soul R&B Record Eddie Cochran USD $6.95 Buy It Now 11 days
50'S & 60'S Promo 45 Margie Rayburn - Can I Tell Them That You'Re Mine? / Basin USD $5.00 Buy It Now 11 days
50'S & 60'S Promo 45 Margie Rayburn - Try Me / I'Ve Tried So Hard Not To Love Yo USD $5.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Rock 45 Margie Rayburn - Promo Alright, But It Won't Be Easy/I Would USD $19.77 Buy It Now 11 days
Mike Rayburn at Carnegie Hall by Mike Rayburn (CD, Jun-2008, Thirty Tigers) New USD $2.99 Buy It Now 11 days
MARGIE RAYBURN - I'M AVAILABLE b/w IF YOU WERE - LIBERTY 45 USD $9.95 Buy It Now 11 days
MARGIE RAYBURN I'm Available/If You Were 1957 Liberty 45 teen pop EDDIE COCHRAN USD $13.00 Buy It Now 11 days
WALT RAYBURN Dream World Of My Own / Teach Me How To Cheat And Lie 45 rpm USD $10.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Rayburn Anthony - Cry of Midnight [New CD] USD $14.85 Buy It Now 11 days
1982 RAYBURN ANTHONY Dance Floor Crystal Ball AG 459 PROMO 45 USD $4.50 Buy It Now 12 days
8-TRACK/8-TRACK TAPE: Limpic & Rayburn "Caught in the Crossfire" Myrrh USD $12.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Forrest Rayburn SEALED LP record Oh My Wonderful Sweet Lord Christian private USD $19.99 Buy It Now 12 days
NEW Lot of 3 Mike Rayburn CDs - Unstoppable,Better Days,Postcards From The Road USD $11.99 Buy It Now 12 days
CHRIS RAYBURN ~ SAME S/T EPONYMOUS ~ UK Y&B PARLOPHONE VINYL MONO LP 1966 USD $33.01 Buy It Now 12 days
Margie Rayburn - I'm Available / If You Were 45 1957 G+ / VG USD $2.59 Buy It Now 12 days
Rayburn Anthony - Audiograph Alive - near mint - in shrink wrap - played once USD $8.02 Buy It Now 13 days
Rayburn Anthony - Dance Floor Crystal Ball - near mint USD $8.02 Buy It Now 13 days
Joyce Reynolds & Rayburn Anthony I'm Gonna Make You Love Me / Sometimes We Lie USD $6.02 Buy It Now 13 days
Joyce Reynolds & Rayburn Anthony - I'll Still Be Loving You / Happiness Is USD $6.02 Buy It Now 13 days
Joyce Reynolds & Rayburn Anthony - You Still Turn Me On / Baby My Bag Is You USD $6.02 Buy It Now 13 days
Rayburn, Pryor Dawson : On Your Way Home CD USD $5.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Pop 45 Margie Rayburn "I'm Available/ If You Were" Liberty VG USD $3.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Limpic & Rayburn CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE LP Record USA Myrrh NEW - SEALED CM USD $19.95 Buy It Now 13 days
PERRY PULLIAM Mega Rare Country Music Band Novelty 45 FRAME Rayburn Anthony NM USD $14.99 Buy It Now 13 days
MIKE RAYBURN UNSTOPPABLE (CD) SHIPS NEXT DAT USD $41.06 Buy It Now 13 days

More places to buy RAYBURN music online Buy RAYBURN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

RAYBURN Rayburn ratings distribution

RAYBURN Rayburn reviews

Review by Windhawk
3 stars The US outfit RAYBURN was formed in 1970 and through the four years of its initial history it caused quite a stir in the local scene, and saw opportunity knocking on quite a few occasions as well - most notably when the band's members signed a record contract in 1972. But adversity saw to it that the band never managed to have a true go at a career, the father of a band member buying out the aforementioned record deal to try to force his son into the family business as the first challenge to confront them, and when they fought back from this disappointment guitarist Roberts developed cancer and died at the age of 21. This CD was compiled from various demo recordings they made back in the early 70's, and was released at a reunion concert Rayburn held in 2009.

While perhaps not stunningly original in scope, Rayburn's compositions have stood the test of time rather well, and should be a pleasing experience for most with an interest in early 70's art rock, and arguably a must buy for anyone with a dedicated interest in US artists exploring this genre at this point in time. A fine effort and a well-made historical document.

Review by apps79
3 stars Rayburn's story begins back in 1970 in Little Rock, Arkansas, when keyboardist/singer Steve Stephens and guitarist/pianist Jimmy Roberts started their journey into searching for a more challenging form of rock music.They were soon joined by Mack Price on bass and vocals and Steve Courtney on drums and their innovative style caught the attention of Mega Records.However their contract was mysteriously canceled in 1972, many years later Steve would found out that his father had arranged a buy-out of the contract in orded his son to return back to their family business.Rayburn found the strength to move on, recording material and demos, before a second hit struck the band in 1974.Jimmy Roberts was diagnosed with cancer and died a few months later.The rest of the group never fully recovered, despite an unsuccesful attempt for a comeback in 1977.Over 30 years later, the three remaining members with the help of their families arranged a reunion concert, where the unreleased material from the 72'-77' was taped on CD by the Psych of the South label.

This is really some pretty elegant and decent example of early-70's Progressive Rock with strong amounts of psychedelic influences, akin to AFFINITY, CRESSIDA, FANTASY, GREENSLADE and other similar sounding British Prog groups of the period, giving the Americans a strong European identity.The material combines psychedelic melodies and jams with more sophisticated arrangements and a few intricate instrumentals, fronted by smooth guitar lines, elaborate organ washes and beautiful vocal harmonies.Quite often a definite influence from the music of THE BEATLES or early Psych/Art Rock acts such as PROCOL HARUM or THE MOODY BLUES is evident, though the rocking component in here is much stronger.Some mellow, orchestral parts with relaxed vocal sections recall the first steps of KING CRIMSON, like on the melancholic ''Said, I love only you'' or the following ''Righteous man'', while there are even some pretty complex pieces included in the album, like the three-part ''Your mind'' (or you should call it different versions of the same track), with its unusual combination of psychedelic vocals and quirky, jazzy electric textures.Some light symphonic tones are also revealed in some piano and organ moves, but the majority of the album flows in an artistic Psychedelic Rock vein, having a pretty delicate balance between clean vocals and prog-leaning instrumental parts.

While ''Rayburn'' is not exactly a lost gem of the 70's, eventually coming on surface, its sophisticated musical content along the lines of the aforementioned British combos is sure to please all fans of Proto-Prog and Psychedelic Prog at a certain deegree.Well-crafted pieces with both melodic and captivating themes.Recommended.

Post a review of RAYBURN "Rayburn"