RAYBURN

Rayburn

Rayburn Rayburn album cover

Buy RAYBURN Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Your Mind (Doubt) (3:12)
2. Got To Get Ready To Die (6:37)
3. Steam Shuffle (3:07)
4. Said, I Love Only You (8:03)
5. Righteous Man (5:22)
6. Songbird (6:56)
7. See My Eyes (4:14)
8. The Trail Is Gone (2:05)
9. Your Mind (Doubt) (3:15)
10. America (2:17)
11. Saltless Tears (4:36)
12. Hey Friend (3:14)
13. Working My Way Upstream (5:10)
14. Your Mind (Doubt) (3:49)

Search RAYBURN Rayburn lyrics

- Steve Stephens / keyboards and vocals

Guest musician:
- Steve Burchfield / guitars

CD 2009 Psych Of The South # POTS 4502

Thanks to chris s for the addition
and to progshine for the last updates

RAYBURN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RAYBURN Rayburn Music

MARGIE RAYBURN - Magic Words - Promo 45 rpm (Ross Bagdasarian) US $7.00 Buy It Now 2h 59m
MARGIE RAYBURN LIBERTY 45RPM 50's I'M AVAILABLE US $0.59 [1 bids]
MARGIE RAYBURN WAIT/MAKE ME QUEEN AGAIN LIBERTY RECORDS PROMO 55174 EX US $3.99 [0 bids]
RAYBURN ANTHONY: MEMPHIS MORNING Million DJ Promo US $10.00 Buy It Now 16h 30m
Mike Rayburn LOT OF 2 CDs: Better Days & Unstoppable US $5.95 [0 bids]
MARGIE RAYBURN: Margie LP (Mono WLP, VG+ cover few faint stains obc) rare Vocal US $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Margie Rayburn THE GET ACQAINTED WALTZ / MISSISSIPPI MOON - 45 RPM record US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RAYBURN ANTHONY - CRUISIN' AROUND NEW CD US $25.05 Buy It Now 2 days
Margie Rayburn MISSISSIPPI MOON / THE GET ACQUAINTED WALTZ - 45 RPM record US $3.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Margie Rayburn THE GET ACQUAINTED WALTZ / MISSISSIPPI MOON - 45 RPM record US $3.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Gerry Limpic--Gentle Touch 1979 8-Track Tape Cartridge Limpic & Rayburn US $3.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Gerry Limpic--Gentle Touch 1979 Vinyl LP Record Limpic & Rayburn US $11.50 Buy It Now 2 days
7" 45 rpm PROMO - RAYBURN ANTHONY with KITTY WELLS - THE WILD SIDE OF LIFE US $1.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Rayburn Anthony SEALED LP Audiograph Alive 1982 Indigo US $4.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MARGIE RAYBURN Happy Jose / Play #10 On The Juke Box DOT RECORDS used 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE MARGIE RAYBURN VOCAL JAZZ 50'S LP LIBERTY STEREO US $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Rayburn Anthony - Cruisin Around [CD New] US $17.98 Buy It Now 2 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY KITTY WELLS wild side of life 45 US $5.00 Buy It Now 2 days
I Feel right at Home - I've Been Loved By You Today Rayburn anthony Phoenix PXR US $2.97 Buy It Now 2 days
Sealed RAYBURN ANTHONY - DANCE FLOOR CRYSTAL BALL Audiograph Rec. Nashville LP US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
TEEN SOUND ROCKER 45 Margie Rayburn - Unexpectedly / Laddie-O LIBERTY PROMO! E! US $8.99 [0 bids]
Carnegie Hall, Rayburn, Mike, Good US $6.79 Buy It Now 3 days
Liberty 55273 Margie Rayburn/Promo/Jukebox 45 RPM US $13.95 Buy It Now 3 days
MARGIE RAYBURN-I'm Available/If You Were-LIBERTY 55102 Female Vocal-1950's 45rpm US $9.55 Buy It Now 3 days
Rayburn Anthony - By the Way (CMC Country - CMCD 603) US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Rayburn Anthony - Country Music Fan (CMC Country - CMCD 301) US $12.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MARGIE RAYBURN LP STEREO LIBERTY ORIG RUSS GARCIA US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MARGIE RAYBURN - THE GET ACQUAINTED WALTZ / MISSISSIPPI MOON - LIBERTY 45RPM US $3.75 [0 bids]
PROJECTS BY DAVE RAYBURN VOLUME 1 2012 RED VINYL 10 INCH EP 2 LIVE TRACKS US $19.95 Buy It Now 3 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY walkin / lonely eyes NEW OLD STOCK 45 US $24.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Margie Rayburn - I Would - Alright but it won't be easy Promo Copy 45 7" teener US $9.99 [0 bids]
ROCKABILLY 45 MARGIE RAYBURN EDDIE COCHRAN WAIT/ MAKE ME LIBERTY pro WLP TEENER US $14.99 [0 bids]
MARGIE RAYBURN - I'M AVAILABLE 45! '57 pop HEAR Paul Goddard Collection US $3.99 [0 bids]
Margie Rayburn 45 "I'm Available /If You Were" US $4.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Romantical by Mike Rayburn (CD, 2005, Mike Rayburn, Digipak), New. US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Fidgety Digits by Mike Rayburn (CD, 2005, Mike Rayburn, Digipak), New. US $7.99 Buy It Now 4 days
RAYBURN NEW CD US $18.56 Buy It Now 4 days
I'm Available by Margie Rayburn Pop American Pie 1957 near mint US $9.95 Buy It Now 4 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY Dance Floor Crystal Ball LP 10 Track Unopened In Original Shrink US $9.66 Buy It Now 4 days
MARGIE RAYBURN -Capitol -Maker of Raindrops+Roses/Are You Sure - FREE US SHIP US $1.99 [0 bids]
Margie Rayburn I'm Available 7" 45 Liberty F-55102 Vinyl US $3.74 Buy It Now 4 days
Margie Rayburn Margie vinyl LP 1959 EX Liberty Records Mono In Shrink US $25.00 Buy It Now 4 days
MARGIE RAYBURN I'm Available VG+ 45 RPM US $0.99 [0 bids]
MARGIE RAYBURN - I'M AVAILABLE b/w IF YOU WERE - 78 rpm 1957 London Liberty US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MARGIE RAYBURN-ARE YOU SURE?-LISTEN ? CAPITOL-5396 US $7.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Margie Rayburn I'm Available & If You Were Liberty 55102 Female Pop Vocal 45 US $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Margie Rayburn If You Were 45-rpm Record US $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
MARGIE RAYBURN I'm Available If You Were 1957 Liberty Records F-55102 US $5.50 Buy It Now 5 days
MARGIE RAYBURN w/ RUSS GARCIA ORCHESTRA "MARGIE" FEMALE VOCAL JAZZ VINYL RECORD US $24.95 [0 bids]
MARGIE RAYBURN - I'm Available - super clean 45 rpm US $4.00 Buy It Now 5 days
45 RPM RECORD/1) MARGIE RAYBURN/ IF YOU WERE US $2.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Margie Rayburn-I'm Available(VG+) US $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
The Story of Mr Sam Rayburn 1882-1961 ORIGINAL 1961 LP Speaker of the House US $14.00 Buy It Now 5 days
REVELS - RONNIE SELF - SUPERBS - RAY PETERSON - MARGIE RAYBURN 5PC LOT 45 RPM US $12.99 [0 bids]
Chris Rayburn "One way ticket - Photograph" Promo Mod Soul MGM Records 45 US $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY - FIRE IN THE NIGHT- 45rpm (1) US $1.25 [0 bids]
45 RECORD MARGIE RAYBURN-I'M AVAILABLE US $5.39 Buy It Now 6 days
Margie Rayburn Im Available If You Were F55102 VG (45-9457) US $6.49 Buy It Now 7 days
Margie Rayburn - I'm Available / If You Were 45 1957 VG US $1.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Margie Rayburn - I'm Available / If You Were 45 1957 US $1.29 Buy It Now 7 days
Rayburn [CD New] US $13.00 Buy It Now 7 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY "THIS TIME MARIE" 45 RPM US $3.99 Buy It Now 7 days
rgie Rayburn"I'm Available/If You Were"/45/ US $3.47 Buy It Now 7 days
PRYOR DAWSON RAYBURN-It's A Girl Thing-PROMO-Charlotte NC.traditional country-Cd US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
MARGIE RAYBURN -(45)- OOOH WHAT A DOLL / SMOOCHIN' LIBERTY RECORDS-55120 -1957 US $11.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Marge Rayburn-I'M Available/If You Were-Liberty-774-VG/VG+ 1957 US $11.95 Buy It Now 7 days
MARGIE RAYBURN JACK MARSHALL 1950'S NEAR MINT VINYL 7" INCH LIBERTY 45 RPM US $9.99 [0 bids]
FEMALE POP/45/MARGIE RAYBURN/"I'M AVAILABLE"/1957 US $2.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Rayburn Anthony: Binoculars dj promo 7" 45rpm vinyl record 3b US $2.50 Buy It Now 7 days
Rayburn, Mike Carnegie Hall CD US $4.34 Buy It Now 8 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY I've been Loved By You Today/ Feel Right at Home Phoenix 1?22 US $7.99 Buy It Now 8 days
RAYBURN BROTHERS BAND - BACK TO CALIFORNIA NEW CD US $23.61 Buy It Now 8 days
MARVIN MILLER NARRATES The Story Of "Mr. Sam" Rayburn FR INSTITUTE US $11.00 Buy It Now 8 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY - Dance Floor Crystal Ball - Ex Con LP Record Audiograph AG 7775 US $14.50 Buy It Now 8 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY - Dance Floor Crystal Ball - Ex Con LP Record Audiograph AG 7775 US $14.49 Buy It Now 8 days
RAYBURN - YOUR MIND NEW CD US $41.66 Buy It Now 9 days
Rayburn - Your Mind [CD New] US $31.98 Buy It Now 9 days
MARGIE RAYBURN--DAVE BURGESS "I'm Available" RARE 1957 1ST PRESS LIBERTY 45rpm US $10.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Rayburn Anthony-I've been Loved By You Today/I Feel Right At Home-Phoenix-122 US $14.95 Buy It Now 10 days
MARGIE RAYBURN MARGIE LIBERTY MONO 1959 US $12.99 Buy It Now 10 days
CD RAYBURN ANTHONY "BIG BAD CITY" SUN ROCKABILLY ARTIST US $15.00 Buy It Now 10 days
POP/ROCK + ROLL 45 RPM - MARGIE RAYBURN - LIBERTY 55102 - "I'M AVAILABLE" US $7.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Mike Rayburn: Better Days CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Rayburn, Pryor Dawson On Your Way Home CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 11 days
BOYD RAYBURN-Experiments in Jazz 1945~MUSICRAFT 505 [M] US $17.99 Buy It Now 11 days
MIKE RAYBURN WOODEN VOICES 1993 CD DRY RIVER RECORDS US $3.79 Buy It Now 11 days
Back to California - Rayburn Brothers Band New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipp US $25.03 Buy It Now 11 days
Rayburn Anthony 45 How Well I Know (Rock) EX US $25.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Rayburn Anthony 45 Shadows of Love / Fire in the Night . rpm record 7" vinyl US $2.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Mike Rayburn Nu 5 CD Unstoppable Better Days Wooden Voices Eleven Postcards Live US $39.99 Buy It Now 12 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY My Baby's Car Crazy CD rockabilly NEW US $16.08 Buy It Now 12 days
RARE ORIGINAL SUN ROCKABILLY ARTIST RAYBURN ANTHONY LP US $8.00 Buy It Now 12 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY Big Bad City CD - rockabilly - NEW US $14.18 Buy It Now 12 days
Margie Rayburn Oooh What A Doll/Smoochin' 45 RPM US $9.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Margie Rayburn: "I'm Available"/"If You Were" - '58 Teener hit - Excellent! US $4.00 Buy It Now 12 days
ANTHONY RAYBURN - THIS TIME MARIE - 45 POLYDOR PD 14367 US $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Margie Rayburn / I'm Available / 1957 / Liberty F-55102 / If You Were / Single US $1.50 Buy It Now 13 days
Margie Rayburn"I'm Available"Liberty 55102 1957 EX Play US $5.99 Buy It Now 13 days
45 RPM Record - Margie Rayburn - I'm Available - Liberty Company Sleeve VG+ US $5.99 Buy It Now 13 days
CD VARIOUS "CREAM OF THE CROP" INCLUDES RAYBURN ANTHONY US $15.00 Buy It Now 13 days

More places to buy RAYBURN music online Buy RAYBURN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RAYBURN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RAYBURN Rayburn ratings distribution

RAYBURN Rayburn reviews

Review by Windhawk
3 stars The US outfit RAYBURN was formed in 1970 and through the four years of its initial history it caused quite a stir in the local scene, and saw opportunity knocking on quite a few occasions as well - most notably when the band's members signed a record contract in 1972. But adversity saw to it that the band never managed to have a true go at a career, the father of a band member buying out the aforementioned record deal to try to force his son into the family business as the first challenge to confront them, and when they fought back from this disappointment guitarist Roberts developed cancer and died at the age of 21. This CD was compiled from various demo recordings they made back in the early 70's, and was released at a reunion concert Rayburn held in 2009.

While perhaps not stunningly original in scope, Rayburn's compositions have stood the test of time rather well, and should be a pleasing experience for most with an interest in early 70's art rock, and arguably a must buy for anyone with a dedicated interest in US artists exploring this genre at this point in time. A fine effort and a well-made historical document.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#368947) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 31, 2010

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars Rayburn's story begins back in 1970 in Little Rock, Arkansas, when keyboardist/singer Steve Stephens and guitarist/pianist Jimmy Roberts started their journey into searching for a more challenging form of rock music.They were soon joined by Mack Price on bass and vocals and Steve Courtney on drums and their innovative style caught the attention of Mega Records.However their contract was mysteriously canceled in 1972, many years later Steve would found out that his father had arranged a buy-out of the contract in orded his son to return back to their family business.Rayburn found the strength to move on, recording material and demos, before a second hit struck the band in 1974.Jimmy Roberts was diagnosed with cancer and died a few months later.The rest of the group never fully recovered, despite an unsuccesful attempt for a comeback in 1977.Over 30 years later, the three remaining members with the help of their families arranged a reunion concert, where the unreleased material from the 72'-77' was taped on CD by the Psych of the South label.

This is really some pretty elegant and decent example of early-70's Progressive Rock with strong amounts of psychedelic influences, akin to AFFINITY, CRESSIDA, FANTASY, GREENSLADE and other similar sounding British Prog groups of the period, giving the Americans a strong European identity.The material combines psychedelic melodies and jams with more sophisticated arrangements and a few intricate instrumentals, fronted by smooth guitar lines, elaborate organ washes and beautiful vocal harmonies.Quite often a definite influence from the music of THE BEATLES or early Psych/Art Rock acts such as PROCOL HARUM or THE MOODY BLUES is evident, though the rocking component in here is much stronger.Some mellow, orchestral parts with relaxed vocal sections recall the first steps of KING CRIMSON, like on the melancholic ''Said, I love only you'' or the following ''Righteous man'', while there are even some pretty complex pieces included in the album, like the three-part ''Your mind'' (or you should call it different versions of the same track), with its unusual combination of psychedelic vocals and quirky, jazzy electric textures.Some light symphonic tones are also revealed in some piano and organ moves, but the majority of the album flows in an artistic Psychedelic Rock vein, having a pretty delicate balance between clean vocals and prog-leaning instrumental parts.

While ''Rayburn'' is not exactly a lost gem of the 70's, eventually coming on surface, its sophisticated musical content along the lines of the aforementioned British combos is sure to please all fans of Proto-Prog and Psychedelic Prog at a certain deegree.Well-crafted pieces with both melodic and captivating themes.Recommended.

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#1079695) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 21, 2013

Post a review of RAYBURN "Rayburn"