RAYBURN

Rayburn

Rayburn Rayburn album cover

Buy RAYBURN Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Your Mind (Doubt) (3:12)
2. Got To Get Ready To Die (6:37)
3. Steam Shuffle (3:07)
4. Said, I Love Only You (8:03)
5. Righteous Man (5:22)
6. Songbird (6:56)
7. See My Eyes (4:14)
8. The Trail Is Gone (2:05)
9. Your Mind (Doubt) (3:15)
10. America (2:17)
11. Saltless Tears (4:36)
12. Hey Friend (3:14)
13. Working My Way Upstream (5:10)
14. Your Mind (Doubt) (3:49)

Search RAYBURN Rayburn lyrics

- Steve Stephens / keyboards and vocals

Guest musician:
- Steve Burchfield / guitars

CD 2009 Psych Of The South # POTS 4502

Thanks to chris s for the addition
and to progshine for the last updates

RAYBURN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RAYBURN Rayburn Music

RayburnRayburn
Psych of the South 2009
RAYBURN ANTHONY KITTY WELLS the wild side of life / i dont believe i'll fall in USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 40m
RAYBURN ANTHONY this time marie / if you don't like hank williams USD $4.29 Buy It Now 4h 40m
Margie Rayburn To Each His Own And He Told Me a Lie Pop Promo 45 7" USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6h 35m
Margie Rayburn Alley Oop I Laughed Capitol 3180 Pop Promo 45 7" USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6h 37m
RAYBURN ANTHONY - FIRE IN THE NIGHT- 45rpm (1) USD $1.30 [0 bids]
I'm Available by Margie Rayburn Pop American Pie 1957 near mint USD $7.46 [0 bids]
USD $9.95 Buy It Now
8h
If You Were - I'm Available Margie Rayburn Liberty F 55102 USD $2.97 [0 bids]
USD $3.87 Buy It Now
1982 RAYBURN ANTHONY Dance Floor Crystal Ball AG 459 PROMO 45 USD $14.99 [0 bids]
Country 45 RAYBURN ANTHONY Baby Take It From Me on Mercury USD $5.00 Buy It Now 10h 44m
Mike Rayburn at Carnegie Hall CD Autographed USD $2.99 [0 bids]
Rayburn Anthony - Walkin' on my heart in high heel shoes (VG+) USD $4.00 [0 bids]
Rayburn CD Pop Rock USD $17.29 Buy It Now 21h 43m
Margie Rayburn I'M AVAILABLE 45 Liberty Records 1957 '50s Top Ten Hit USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CD RAYBURN ANTHONY "MY BABY'S CAR CRAZY" ROCKABILLY USD $17.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RAYBURN ANTHONY I Thought You Were Easy & This One's For You VG++ USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Margie Rayburn: "If You Were" / "I'm Available" 45 rpm Liberty VG USD $0.99 [0 bids]
USD $1.99 Buy It Now
PRYOR DAWSON RAYBURN-It's A Girl Thing-PROMO-Charlotte NC.traditional country-Cd USD $8.98 [0 bids]
Rayburn Anthony : Jackson Was Jumpin CD (2001) USD $9.22 Buy It Now 1 day
MARGIE RAYBURN RECORD MAGIC WORDS - SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY 45 RPM LIBERTY VG+ USD $6.50 [0 bids]
USD $9.50 Buy It Now
MARGIE RAYBURN - Magic Words - Promo 45 rpm (Ross Bagdasarian) USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
33rpm LP NEW Margie Rayburn MARGIE USD $19.90 [0 bids]
USD $25.90 Buy It Now
Oldies 7" 45 - Margie Rayburn - I'm Available / If You Were - Liberty - F-55102 USD $2.75 [0 bids]
USD $3.63 Buy It Now
Mann, Carl & Rayburn Anthony - Cruisin' Around With Carl Mann & Rayburn Antho... USD $22.92 Buy It Now 1 day
RAYBURN ANTHONY: MEMPHIS MORNING Million DJ Promo USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MIKE RAYBURN Romantical Rare 12 Track (CD 2005) Brand New USD $12.50 Buy It Now 2 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY Dance Floor Crystal Ball LP 10 Track Unopened In Original Shrink USD $9.37 Buy It Now 2 days
HEAR Margie Rayburn 45 Here I Am/Cast A Little Spell CHALLENGE 9110 popcorn NM- USD $8.00 [0 bids]
RAYBURN ANTHONY - MONUMENT 1023 - THERE'LL BE MANY TOMORROWS USD $5.99 [0 bids]
RAYBURN ANTHONY This Time Marie 7" B/w Maybe I Should've Been Listenin' US Poly USD $8.19 Buy It Now 2 days
Margie Rayburn: "I'm Available"/"If You Were" - '58 Teener hit - nice - pl NM! USD $2.25 [0 bids]
USD $3.00 Buy It Now
Margie Rayburn THE GET ACQUAINTED WALTZ / MISSISSIPPI MOON - 45 RPM record USD $3.00 [0 bids]
Margie Rayburn MISSISSIPPI MOON / THE GET ACQUAINTED WALTZ - 45 RPM record USD $3.00 [0 bids]
Margie Rayburn THE GET ACQAINTED WALTZ / MISSISSIPPI MOON - 45 RPM record USD $3.00 [0 bids]
Oldies 7" 45 - Margie Rayburn - I'm Available / If You Were - Liberty - F-55102 USD $2.84 [0 bids]
USD $3.75 Buy It Now
MARGIE RAYBURN - ALRIGHT, BUT IT WON'T BE EASY / I WOULD (45 - 1958) VG- USD $2.90 [0 bids]
USD $6.49 Buy It Now
Story of Mr Sam Rayburn LP - Recording Services Institute RSI 2001 - SEALED USD $5.00 [0 bids]
MARGIE RAYBURN-ARE YOU SURE?-LISTEN ? CAPITOL-5396 USD $7.00 [0 bids]
USD $10.00 Buy It Now
Limpic & Rayburn Caught In The Crossfire lp USD $3.99 [0 bids]
MARGIE RAYBURN: Margie LP (Mono WLP, VG+ cover few faint stains obc) rare Vocal USD $45.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Coyote - Craig Rayburn (2008, CD New) USD $13.35 Buy It Now 3 days
Cruisin Around - Rayburn Anthony (2013, CD New) USD $16.40 Buy It Now 3 days
Craig Rayburn - Coyote [CD New] USD $13.49 Buy It Now 3 days
MARGIE RAYBURN - I'M AVAILABLE 45! '57 pop HEAR Paul Goddard Collection USD $2.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY - CRUISIN' AROUND NEW CD USD $23.18 Buy It Now 3 days
rayburn anthony if you don't like hank williams 7" promo mono/stereo USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Gerry Limpic--Gentle Touch 1979 8-Track Tape Cartridge Limpic & Rayburn USD $3.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Gerry Limpic--Gentle Touch 1979 Vinyl LP Record Limpic & Rayburn USD $11.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Rayburn Anthony SEALED LP Audiograph Alive 1982 Indigo USD $4.00 Buy It Now 4 days
RARE MARGIE RAYBURN VOCAL JAZZ 50'S LP LIBERTY STEREO USD $39.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Rayburn Anthony - Cruisin Around [CD New] USD $16.24 Buy It Now 4 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY KITTY WELLS wild side of life 45 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Sealed RAYBURN ANTHONY - DANCE FLOOR CRYSTAL BALL Audiograph Rec. Nashville LP USD $6.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Carnegie Hall, Rayburn, Mike, Good USD $6.79 Buy It Now 4 days
MARGIE RAYBURN-I'm Available/If You Were-LIBERTY 55102 Female Vocal-1950's 45rpm USD $9.55 Buy It Now 5 days
Rayburn Anthony - By the Way (CMC Country - CMCD 603) USD $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Rayburn Anthony - Country Music Fan (CMC Country - CMCD 301) USD $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Lot #2 Engelbert Humperdinck Buckacre 5th Dimension Margie Rayburn Grass Roots USD $9.00 [0 bids]
MARGIE RAYBURN LP STEREO LIBERTY ORIG RUSS GARCIA USD $24.99 Buy It Now 5 days
PROJECTS BY DAVE RAYBURN VOLUME 1 2012 RED VINYL 10 INCH EP 2 LIVE TRACKS USD $19.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Margie Rayburn 45 "I'm Available /If You Were" USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Romantical by Mike Rayburn (CD, 2005, Mike Rayburn, Digipak), New. USD $6.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Fidgety Digits by Mike Rayburn (CD, 2005, Mike Rayburn, Digipak), New. USD $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY 45 Big dream SUN 1963 Country PROMO Near-MINT c1314 USD $20.00 [0 bids]
Margie Rayburn I'm Available 7" 45 Liberty F-55102 Vinyl USD $3.74 Buy It Now 6 days
Margie Rayburn Margie vinyl LP 1959 EX Liberty Records Mono In Shrink USD $25.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Margie Rayburn I'm Available & If You Were Liberty 55102 Female Pop Vocal 45 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
MARGIE " Margie Rayburn" (G) 1959 (VG) 12" 33 RPM Liberty Contempory Pop LP USD $20.99 Buy It Now 6 days
FOUR CHALLANGERS: Love Me When You Can / Rayburn Street 45 rare Oldies USD $60.00 Buy It Now 6 days
MARGIE RAYBURN I'm Available If You Were 1957 Liberty Records F-55102 USD $5.50 Buy It Now 6 days
MARGIE RAYBURN - I'm Available - super clean 45 rpm USD $4.00 Buy It Now 7 days
45 RPM RECORD/1) MARGIE RAYBURN/ IF YOU WERE USD $2.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Margie Rayburn: Oooh What A Doll / Smoochin 45 USD $5.25 Buy It Now 7 days
Margie Rayburn-I'm Available(VG+) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 7 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY Dance Floor Crystal Ball LP ( STILL SEALED USD $12.50 Buy It Now 7 days
Chris Rayburn - self titled LP - 583/1 & 584/1 Matrix - 1966 - Parlophone - Mono USD $12.49 [0 bids]
Margie Rayburn - I'm Available / If You Were 45 1957 VG USD $1.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Margie Rayburn - I'm Available / If You Were 45 1957 USD $1.29 Buy It Now 8 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY "THIS TIME MARIE" 45 RPM USD $3.99 Buy It Now 9 days
rgie Rayburn"I'm Available/If You Were"/45/ USD $3.47 Buy It Now 9 days
PRYOR DAWSON RAYBURN-It's A Girl Thing-PROMO-Charlotte NC.traditional country-Cd USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MARGIE RAYBURN -(45)- OOOH WHAT A DOLL / SMOOCHIN' LIBERTY RECORDS-55120 -1957 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 9 days
45 RECORD MARGIE RAYBURN-I'M AVAILABLE USD $5.09 Buy It Now 9 days
MARGIE RAYBURN - I'M AVAILABLE - ORIGINAL LIBERTY USD $3.25 Buy It Now 9 days
FEMALE POP/45/MARGIE RAYBURN/"I'M AVAILABLE"/1957 USD $2.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MARGIE RAYBURN (I'm Available / If You Were) POP 78 RPM RECORD USD $15.00 Buy It Now 9 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY I've been Loved By You Today/ Feel Right at Home Phoenix 1?22 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Marge Rayburn-I'M Available/If You Were-Liberty-774-VG/VG+ 1957 USD $11.95 Buy It Now 9 days
MARVIN MILLER NARRATES The Story Of "Mr. Sam" Rayburn FR INSTITUTE USD $11.00 Buy It Now 10 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY - Dance Floor Crystal Ball - Ex Con LP Record Audiograph AG 7775 USD $14.06 Buy It Now 10 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY - Dance Floor Crystal Ball - Ex Con LP Record Audiograph AG 7775 USD $14.04 Buy It Now 10 days
Your Mind - Rayburn (2012, CD New) USD $28.06 Buy It Now 10 days
RAYBURN - YOUR MIND NEW CD USD $38.55 Buy It Now 10 days
45 RPM Record - Margie Rayburn - I'm Available - Liberty Company Sleeve VG+ USD $5.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Everything's Just Waiting - Anthony,Rayburn New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Ship USD $25.03 Buy It Now 11 days
Margie Rayburn - Would - Alright but it won't be easy Promo Copy 45 7" USD $9.95 Buy It Now 11 days
Rayburn - Your Mind [CD New] USD $31.23 Buy It Now 11 days
MARGIE RAYBURN--DAVE BURGESS "I'm Available" RARE 1957 1ST PRESS LIBERTY 45rpm USD $10.00 Buy It Now 11 days
GERRY LIMPIC MARK RAYBURN Caught in the Crossfire '78 Xian Country Soft Rock LP USD $9.95 Buy It Now 11 days
The Story of Mr Sam Rayburn 1882-1961 ORIGINAL 1961 LP Speaker of the House USD $18.00 Buy It Now 11 days
MARGIE RAYBURN MARGIE LIBERTY MONO 1959 USD $12.99 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy RAYBURN music online Buy RAYBURN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RAYBURN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RAYBURN Rayburn ratings distribution

RAYBURN Rayburn reviews

Review by Windhawk
3 stars The US outfit RAYBURN was formed in 1970 and through the four years of its initial history it caused quite a stir in the local scene, and saw opportunity knocking on quite a few occasions as well - most notably when the band's members signed a record contract in 1972. But adversity saw to it that the band never managed to have a true go at a career, the father of a band member buying out the aforementioned record deal to try to force his son into the family business as the first challenge to confront them, and when they fought back from this disappointment guitarist Roberts developed cancer and died at the age of 21. This CD was compiled from various demo recordings they made back in the early 70's, and was released at a reunion concert Rayburn held in 2009.

While perhaps not stunningly original in scope, Rayburn's compositions have stood the test of time rather well, and should be a pleasing experience for most with an interest in early 70's art rock, and arguably a must buy for anyone with a dedicated interest in US artists exploring this genre at this point in time. A fine effort and a well-made historical document.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#368947) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, December 31, 2010

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
3 stars Rayburn's story begins back in 1970 in Little Rock, Arkansas, when keyboardist/singer Steve Stephens and guitarist/pianist Jimmy Roberts started their journey into searching for a more challenging form of rock music.They were soon joined by Mack Price on bass and vocals and Steve Courtney on drums and their innovative style caught the attention of Mega Records.However their contract was mysteriously canceled in 1972, many years later Steve would found out that his father had arranged a buy-out of the contract in orded his son to return back to their family business.Rayburn found the strength to move on, recording material and demos, before a second hit struck the band in 1974.Jimmy Roberts was diagnosed with cancer and died a few months later.The rest of the group never fully recovered, despite an unsuccesful attempt for a comeback in 1977.Over 30 years later, the three remaining members with the help of their families arranged a reunion concert, where the unreleased material from the 72'-77' was taped on CD by the Psych of the South label.

This is really some pretty elegant and decent example of early-70's Progressive Rock with strong amounts of psychedelic influences, akin to AFFINITY, CRESSIDA, FANTASY, GREENSLADE and other similar sounding British Prog groups of the period, giving the Americans a strong European identity.The material combines psychedelic melodies and jams with more sophisticated arrangements and a few intricate instrumentals, fronted by smooth guitar lines, elaborate organ washes and beautiful vocal harmonies.Quite often a definite influence from the music of THE BEATLES or early Psych/Art Rock acts such as PROCOL HARUM or THE MOODY BLUES is evident, though the rocking component in here is much stronger.Some mellow, orchestral parts with relaxed vocal sections recall the first steps of KING CRIMSON, like on the melancholic ''Said, I love only you'' or the following ''Righteous man'', while there are even some pretty complex pieces included in the album, like the three-part ''Your mind'' (or you should call it different versions of the same track), with its unusual combination of psychedelic vocals and quirky, jazzy electric textures.Some light symphonic tones are also revealed in some piano and organ moves, but the majority of the album flows in an artistic Psychedelic Rock vein, having a pretty delicate balance between clean vocals and prog-leaning instrumental parts.

While ''Rayburn'' is not exactly a lost gem of the 70's, eventually coming on surface, its sophisticated musical content along the lines of the aforementioned British combos is sure to please all fans of Proto-Prog and Psychedelic Prog at a certain deegree.Well-crafted pieces with both melodic and captivating themes.Recommended.

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#1079695) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 21, 2013

Post a review of RAYBURN "Rayburn"