RAYBURN

Rayburn

Rayburn Rayburn album cover

Buy RAYBURN Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Your Mind (Doubt) (3:12)
2. Got To Get Ready To Die (6:37)
3. Steam Shuffle (3:07)
4. Said, I Love Only You (8:03)
5. Righteous Man (5:22)
6. Songbird (6:56)
7. See My Eyes (4:14)
8. The Trail Is Gone (2:05)
9. Your Mind (Doubt) (3:15)
10. America (2:17)
11. Saltless Tears (4:36)
12. Hey Friend (3:14)
13. Working My Way Upstream (5:10)
14. Your Mind (Doubt) (3:49)

Search RAYBURN Rayburn lyrics

- Steve Stephens / keyboards and vocals

Guest musician:
- Steve Burchfield / guitars

CD 2009 Psych Of The South # POTS 4502

Thanks to chris s for the addition
and to progshine for the last updates

RAYBURN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RAYBURN Rayburn Music

RayburnRayburn
Psych of the South 2009
Rayburn Anthony - Collector's Edition #1 [CD New] USD $17.18 Buy It Now
Collector's Edition #1 - Rayburn Anthony (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.18 Buy It Now
CHRIS RAYBURN Girl Singer Mod Soul Dancer Spain 1965 7" 45 PS SPANISH. USD $20.00 [0 bids]
?RAYBURN ANTHONY How Well I Know/Big Dream Sun 373 WLP COUNTRY 45RPM? USD $12.99 Buy It Now 8m 44s
Margie Rayburn - Would - Alright but it won't be easy Promo Copy 45 7" USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Rayburn Anthony - Big Bad City - Revival Rock & Roll/Rockabilly USD $17.97 Buy It Now 12h 44m
Rayburn Anthony - Big Bad City - Revival Rock & Roll/Rockabilly USD $22.26 Buy It Now 12h 45m
Rayburn Anthony - Cruisin Around [CD New] USD $17.18 Buy It Now 1 day
Cruisin' Around - Rayburn Anthony (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.18 Buy It Now 1 day
MARGIE RAYBURN Margie Stereo Liberty lp Russ Garcia USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Mike Rayburn, 50+, Second-Half Champions, DVD USD $1.50 [0 bids]
USD $3.00 Buy It Now
Margie Rayburn - Every Minute Of The Day VG+ 7" Vinyl Record 1956 Liberty F55043 USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Margie Rayburn: "If You Were" / "I'm Available" 45 rpm Liberty VG USD $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MARGIE RAYBURN / I'M AVAILABLE /IF YOU WERE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Margie Rayburn Russ Garcia Margie Liberty LST 7126 DG Black Label Stereo LP USD $25.25 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE RAYBURN - ROMANTICAL - SEE DESCRIPTION - 12 TRACKS -CD-NEW USD $2.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE RAYBURN - AT CARNEGIE HALL - 17 TRACKS -CD-NEW USD $2.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Pop 45 - Margie Rayburn - I'm Available - 1957 USD $0.49 [0 bids]
RAYBURN ANTHONY Dance Floor Crystal Ball LP 10 Track Unopened In Original Shrink USD $8.51 Buy It Now 1 day
RAYBURN ANTHONY This Time Marie 7" B/w Maybe I Should've Been Listenin' (pd14457 USD $4.12 Buy It Now 1 day
Everything's Just Waiting - Rayburn Anthony (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.17 Buy It Now 1 day
FORREST RAYBURN "OH MY WONDERFUL SWEET LORD" SEALED PRIVATE KY/INDIANA USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Rayburn Anthony - Everything's Just Waiting [CD New] USD $17.17 Buy It Now 1 day
Margie Rayburn - I'm Available 10" Single 1957 / 78 rpm USD $36.72 Buy It Now 2 days
Rayburn Anthony / Kitty Wells Mint Mercury 57006 45 RPM Record Never Played NOS USD $1.99 Buy It Now 2 days
rockabilly margie rayburn oooh what a doll vg++ rk111 USD $9.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Everything's Just Waiting by Rayburn Anthony (CD, Jan-2009, Rayburn Anthony... USD $20.37 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW - Fidgety Digits by Mike Rayburn (CD, 2005, Mike Rayburn, Digipak) FREE SHIP USD $5.11 Buy It Now 2 days
Carnegie Hall, Rayburn, Mike, Good USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MARGIE RAYBURN & EDDIE COCHRAN I'm Available / If You Were R & B SOUL 45 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Margie Rayburn I'M AVAILABLE Liberty Records 1957 Pop 45 VG+ (EX) to VG++ (EX+) USD $5.00 [0 bids]
USD $7.50 Buy It Now
no vinyl RAYBURN ANTHONY KITTY WELLS wild side of lif BLOCK of 10 JUKEBOX STRIP USD $9.49 Buy It Now 2 days
7", 45 RPM, MARGIE RAYBURN. MAID OF HONOR - NM USD $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Rayburn, Mike Carnegie Hall CD USD $4.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Rayburn, Pryor Dawson On Your Way Home CD USD $7.38 Buy It Now 2 days
Rayburn Brothers Band Back to California CD USD $6.08 Buy It Now 3 days
MARGIE RAYBURN 45 I'M AVAILABLE B/W IF YOU WERE EX LIBERTY F-55102 USD $3.00 [0 bids]
USD $5.00 Buy It Now
MARGIE RAYBURN AND HE TOLD ME A LIE / TO EACH HIS OWN-NM! PROMO-1958 USD $4.98 [0 bids]
Margie Rayburn "Freight Train" / "I'm Available" USD $10.95 Buy It Now 3 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY Walkin / Lonely Eyes 45 Polydor PD 14380 (1977) VG+ RARE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Chris Rayburn I Wanna Be In Love Again 7" vinyl single record UK R5422 USD $30.10 Buy It Now 3 days
45RPM Margie Rayburn I'm Available and If You Wer 331el USD $11.24 Buy It Now 3 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY this time marie / if you don't like hank williams 45 USD $3.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Margie Rayburn I'm Available/If You Were 45 RPM USD $3.95 [0 bids]
Everything's Just Waiting Rayburn Anthony Audio CD USD $29.00 Buy It Now 4 days
POP / ROCK + ROLL 45 RPM - MARGIE RAYBURN - LIBERTY 55102 - "I'M AVAILABLE" USD $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
A Collage of Melodies BEVO MILL St Louis Missouri (Cassette) Rayburn Byington USD $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Rayburn Anthony: How Well I Know / Big Dream (Sun original) USD $10.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Big Bad City - Rayburn Anthony (CD Used Very Good) USD $19.72 Buy It Now 5 days
Rayburn Anthony - Shadows of Love / Fire In The Night - Mercury 45 RPM Record USD $2.46 Buy It Now 5 days
Your Mind - Rayburn (CD Used Very Good) USD $28.33 Buy It Now 5 days
MARGIE RAYBURN = I'm Available [Dave Burgess] = NEAR MINT = LONDON HLU 8515 = Po USD $19.67 Buy It Now 5 days
Rock 45 Margie Rayburn - If You Were / I'M Available On Liberty Records USD $5.00 Buy It Now 5 days
ROBERT RAYBURN baritone & piano solos 2x 78 VG+ RCA USA Acetate Rare Illinois USD $250.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Mike Rayburn Romantical CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Postcards From the Road (Live) by Mike Rayburn (CD, 1995 Dry River) VG/Tested USD $1.49 [0 bids]
USD $2.49 Buy It Now
MIKE RAYBURN Romantical Rare 12 Track (CD 2005) Brand New USD $11.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Craig Rayburn - Coyote [CD New] USD $16.60 Buy It Now 6 days
Re 45 - FLEETOODS/MARGIE RAYBURN Come Softly To Me/I'm Available w/ strip EX USD $3.99 [0 bids]
USD $5.99 Buy It Now
Margie Rayburn 45 Magic Words LIBERTY USD $10.00 Buy It Now 7 days
A Nerd Like Me by Mike Rayburn CD, BRAND NEW IN WRAPPER USD $37.90 [0 bids]
USD $49.90 Buy It Now
MARGIE RAYBURN / RUSS GARCIA ORCH. - MARGIE - LIBERTY LP - WHITE LBL PROMO USD $12.95 Buy It Now 7 days
Classic MARGIE RAYBURN on Liberty Records / I'm Available / If You Were USD $3.95 Buy It Now 7 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY * SHADOWS OF LOVE & FIRE IN THE NIGHT * 45 RPM USD $5.00 Buy It Now 8 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY this time marie / maybe i should've been listenin 14457 45 USD $3.49 Buy It Now 8 days
MARGIE RAYBURN I'M AVAILABLE/IF YOU WERE LIBERTY 55102 EDDIE COCHRAN M- USD $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
MARGIE RAYBURN--DAVE BURGESS "I'm Available" RARE 1957 1ST PRESS LIBERTY 45rpm USD $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MARGIE RAYBURN If You Were / I'm Available LIBERTY 55102 SOUL 45 7" USD $4.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Rayburn Anthony-Cruisin` Around CD NEW USD $17.19 Buy It Now 9 days
MARGIE RAYBURN "Margie" Deep Groove LIBERTY Black Label LST-7126 VG++ USD $29.99 Buy It Now 9 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY 7" SINGLE (WHOSE GONNA SHOE YOUR PRETTY LITTLE FEET) ON SUN 339 USD $12.46 Buy It Now 10 days
Lot #2 Engelbert Humperdinck Buckacre 5th Dimension Margie Rayburn Grass Roots USD $6.00 Buy It Now 10 days
MARGIE RAYBURN - I'M AVAILABLE b/w IF YOU WERE - LIBERTY 45 USD $9.95 Buy It Now 11 days
POP 45RPM RECORD -MARGIE RAYBURN -LIBERTY 55174 - DJ -WRITTEN BY JOHNNY BURNETTE USD $20.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Margie Rayburn Try Me On Challenge 59100 USD $10.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Limpic and Rayburn with Dave Pollard LP Myrrh Records MSA 6575 Orig Insert USD $7.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Rayburn Anthony - My Baby's Car Crazy [CD New] USD $15.67 Buy It Now 11 days
Forrest Rayburn SEALED LP record Oh My Wonderful Sweet Lord Christian private USD $19.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Margie Rayburn 45 I'm Available / If You Were 7" vinyl USD $3.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Limpic & Rayburn~Caught In The Crossfire~Myrrh Records MSB-6595~FAST SHIPPING USD $10.75 Buy It Now 12 days
MARGIE RAYBURN if you were/I'm available RARE 78 RPM RECORD 10" INDIA vg+ USD $799.20 Buy It Now 12 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY---HOW WELL I KNOW (Rockabilly 45's) USD $16.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Margie Rayburn 45 I'M Available/If You Were Liberty Records #F-55102 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
ROCKABILLY CD RAYBURN ANTHONY JACKSON WAS JUMPIN CD VAMPIRELLA ROCK N ROLL 2001 USD $9.17 Buy It Now 13 days
WLP RAYBURN ANTHONY BINOCULARS MONO/STEREO 45 MEGA RECORDS 615-0048 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Country Promo 45 Rayburn Anthony - Memphis Morning / Memphis Morning On Million USD $5.00 Buy It Now 14 days
50'S & 60'S 45 Margie Rayburn - I'M Aailable / If You Were On Liberty Records USD $5.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Eleven - Mike Rayburn - (CD, Dry River, 2003) USD $3.98 Buy It Now 14 days
MARGIE RAYBURN -(45)- I'M AVAILABLE / IF YOU WERE - LIBERTY RECORDS F-55102-1957 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Carl Mann & Rayburn Anthony - Cruisin' Around With Carl Mann & Rayburn Anthon... USD $23.92 Buy It Now 15 days
Rayburn Anthony - Big Bad City [CD New] USD $21.72 Buy It Now 15 days
MARGIE RAYBURN - I'm Available / If You Were (45) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Mike Rayburn Romantical CD ***NEW*** USD $9.61 Buy It Now 16 days
Margie Rayburn: "I'm Available"/"If You Were" - '58 Teen Pop hit - EX vinyl! USD $5.50 Buy It Now 16 days
SUN 373 RAYBURN ANTHONY How Well I Know b/w Big Dream MINT! USD $19.98 Buy It Now 17 days
Rayburn Anthony SEALED NEW LP Audiograph Alive 1982 Indigo Country VINYL record USD $4.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Margie Rayburn S/T LP Jazz Vocals 1959 Russ Garcia WL Promo VG+/VG++ USD $11.99 Buy It Now 17 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY KITTY WELLS wild side of life 45 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 18 days
MARGIE RAYBURN-I'M AVAILABLE/FREIGHT TRAIN-LIBERTY 54506-M- USD $1.50 Buy It Now 18 days
Rayburn Mike Lot of 5 ~ 3 CD ~ 1 DVD ~ 1 Book New in Sealed Package USD $34.88 Buy It Now 18 days

More places to buy RAYBURN music online Buy RAYBURN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RAYBURN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RAYBURN Rayburn ratings distribution

RAYBURN Rayburn reviews

Review by Windhawk
3 stars The US outfit RAYBURN was formed in 1970 and through the four years of its initial history it caused quite a stir in the local scene, and saw opportunity knocking on quite a few occasions as well - most notably when the band's members signed a record contract in 1972. But adversity saw to it that the band never managed to have a true go at a career, the father of a band member buying out the aforementioned record deal to try to force his son into the family business as the first challenge to confront them, and when they fought back from this disappointment guitarist Roberts developed cancer and died at the age of 21. This CD was compiled from various demo recordings they made back in the early 70's, and was released at a reunion concert Rayburn held in 2009.

While perhaps not stunningly original in scope, Rayburn's compositions have stood the test of time rather well, and should be a pleasing experience for most with an interest in early 70's art rock, and arguably a must buy for anyone with a dedicated interest in US artists exploring this genre at this point in time. A fine effort and a well-made historical document.

Review by apps79
3 stars Rayburn's story begins back in 1970 in Little Rock, Arkansas, when keyboardist/singer Steve Stephens and guitarist/pianist Jimmy Roberts started their journey into searching for a more challenging form of rock music.They were soon joined by Mack Price on bass and vocals and Steve Courtney on drums and their innovative style caught the attention of Mega Records.However their contract was mysteriously canceled in 1972, many years later Steve would found out that his father had arranged a buy-out of the contract in orded his son to return back to their family business.Rayburn found the strength to move on, recording material and demos, before a second hit struck the band in 1974.Jimmy Roberts was diagnosed with cancer and died a few months later.The rest of the group never fully recovered, despite an unsuccesful attempt for a comeback in 1977.Over 30 years later, the three remaining members with the help of their families arranged a reunion concert, where the unreleased material from the 72'-77' was taped on CD by the Psych of the South label.

This is really some pretty elegant and decent example of early-70's Progressive Rock with strong amounts of psychedelic influences, akin to AFFINITY, CRESSIDA, FANTASY, GREENSLADE and other similar sounding British Prog groups of the period, giving the Americans a strong European identity.The material combines psychedelic melodies and jams with more sophisticated arrangements and a few intricate instrumentals, fronted by smooth guitar lines, elaborate organ washes and beautiful vocal harmonies.Quite often a definite influence from the music of THE BEATLES or early Psych/Art Rock acts such as PROCOL HARUM or THE MOODY BLUES is evident, though the rocking component in here is much stronger.Some mellow, orchestral parts with relaxed vocal sections recall the first steps of KING CRIMSON, like on the melancholic ''Said, I love only you'' or the following ''Righteous man'', while there are even some pretty complex pieces included in the album, like the three-part ''Your mind'' (or you should call it different versions of the same track), with its unusual combination of psychedelic vocals and quirky, jazzy electric textures.Some light symphonic tones are also revealed in some piano and organ moves, but the majority of the album flows in an artistic Psychedelic Rock vein, having a pretty delicate balance between clean vocals and prog-leaning instrumental parts.

While ''Rayburn'' is not exactly a lost gem of the 70's, eventually coming on surface, its sophisticated musical content along the lines of the aforementioned British combos is sure to please all fans of Proto-Prog and Psychedelic Prog at a certain deegree.Well-crafted pieces with both melodic and captivating themes.Recommended.

Post a review of RAYBURN "Rayburn"

Other sites in the MAC network: JazzMusicArchives.com — jazz music reviews and archives | MetalMusicArchives.com — metal music revuew and archives