RAYBURN

Rayburn

Rayburn Rayburn album cover

Buy RAYBURN Music
Studio Album, released in 2009

1. Your Mind (Doubt) (3:12)
2. Got To Get Ready To Die (6:37)
3. Steam Shuffle (3:07)
4. Said, I Love Only You (8:03)
5. Righteous Man (5:22)
6. Songbird (6:56)
7. See My Eyes (4:14)
8. The Trail Is Gone (2:05)
9. Your Mind (Doubt) (3:15)
10. America (2:17)
11. Saltless Tears (4:36)
12. Hey Friend (3:14)
13. Working My Way Upstream (5:10)
14. Your Mind (Doubt) (3:49)

Search RAYBURN Rayburn lyrics

- Steve Stephens / keyboards and vocals

Guest musician:
- Steve Burchfield / guitars

CD 2009 Psych Of The South # POTS 4502

Thanks to chris s for the addition
and to progshine for the last updates

RAYBURN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RAYBURN Rayburn Music

RayburnRayburn
Psych of the South 2009
Rayburn Anthony - My Baby's Car Crazy (2005) (signiert!) - Rock USD $12.18 Buy It Now 15h 26m
Rayburn Anthony - My Baby's Car Crazy (2005) (signiert!) - Rock USD $15.22 Buy It Now 15h 26m
CHRIS RAYBURN -SAME OLD PLACES rare UK DEMO PROMO / SOUL JAZZ / MOVER / VG+ !!! USD $8.66 [1 bids]
RAYBURN ANTHONY - BIG BAD CITY NEW CD USD $29.84 Buy It Now 19h 26m
CHRIS RAYBURN - I WANNA BE IN LOVE AGAIN / ANOTHER.. - PARLOPHONE R 5422 - 1966! USD $7.21 [0 bids]
MARGIE RAYBURN -(45)- I'M AVAILABLE / IF YOU WERE - LIBERTY RECORDS F-55102-1957 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 23h 46m
Margie Rayburn s/t self titled LIBERTY 3126 MONO female vocal cheesecake CLEAN USD $7.00 [1 bids]
MARGIE RAYBURN - Magic Words - Promo 45 rpm (Ross Bagdasarian) USD $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Carl Mann & Rayburn Anthony - Cruisin' Around With Carl Mann & Rayburn Anthon... USD $22.92 Buy It Now 1 day
Rayburn Anthony - Big Bad City [CD New] USD $20.42 Buy It Now 1 day
Rayburn Anthony - Big Bad City - Revival Rock & Roll/Rockabilly USD $17.08 Buy It Now 1 day
Rayburn Anthony - Big Bad City - Revival Rock & Roll/Rockabilly USD $21.26 Buy It Now 1 day
50'S & 60'S 45 Margie Rayburn - If You Were / I'M Available On Liberty USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Anthony, Rayburn - My Baby's... - GIBT NUR NOCH CD RBR 5626S!!!! - Rock USD $17.08 Buy It Now 2 days
Anthony, Rayburn - My Baby's... - GIBT NUR NOCH CD RBR 5626S!!!! - Rock USD $21.26 Buy It Now 2 days
MARGIE RAYBURN: Margie LP (Mono WLP, VG+ cover few faint stains obc) Vocalists USD $35.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Mike Rayburn - At Carnegie Hall (2008) - Used - Compact Disc USD $1.37 Buy It Now 2 days
Craig Rayburn - Coyote [CD New] USD $16.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Vintage Vinyl Records Lot Of 5- Three Suns,Victor Herbert,Margie Rayburn USD $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW - Fidgety Digits by Mike Rayburn (CD, 2005, Mike Rayburn, Digipak) FREE SHIP USD $5.11 Buy It Now 3 days
Rayburn Anthony SEALED LP Audiograph Alive 1982 Indigo USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
45 RECORD 7" SINGLE - MARGIE RAYBURN- I'M AVAILABLE USD $2.54 Buy It Now 3 days
Margie Rayburn Margie LP Liberty Records 3126 VG Cheesecake USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Rayburn Anthony - Collector's Edition #1 [CD New] USD $20.17 Buy It Now 3 days
Margie Rayburn S/T LP Jazz Vocals 1959 Russ Garcia WL Promo VG+/VG++ USD $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY KITTY WELLS wild side of life 45 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Sealed RAYBURN ANTHONY - DANCE FLOOR CRYSTAL BALL Audiograph Rec. Nashville LP USD $6.76 Buy It Now 3 days
MARGIE RAYBURN-I'M AVAILABLE/FREIGHT TRAIN-LIBERTY 54506-M- USD $1.50 Buy It Now 3 days
MARGIE RAYBURN-CAST A LITTLE SPELL ON ME-CHALLENGE 45 VG USD $6.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MARGIE RAYBURN-EVERY MINUTE OF THE DAY(LEIBER-STOLLER) LIBERTY 45 M- USD $3.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MARGIE RAYBURN / I'M AVAILABLE /IF YOU WERE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Gerry Limpic & Mark Rayburn with Dave Pollard~Myrrh Records MSA 6575~FAST SHIP USD $22.95 Buy It Now 4 days
CHRIS RAYBURN - Self Titled - VINYL LP STEREO USD $27.09 Buy It Now 4 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY * 45 * Lonely Eyes * 1977 #39 * MINT UNPLAYED * Polydor USA USD $7.00 Buy It Now 5 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY * 45 * Crazy Again * 1976 #84 * MINT UNPLAYED * Polydor USA USD $7.00 Buy It Now 5 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY: Who's Gonna Shoe Your Pretty Little Feet / There's No Tomorrow USD $40.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Margie Rayburn I'm Available 7" 45 Liberty F-55102 Vinyl USD $3.74 Buy It Now 5 days
Margie Rayburn Margie vinyl LP 1959 EX Liberty Records Mono In Shrink Turquoise USD $25.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Postcards From the Road (Live) by Mike Rayburn (CD, 1995 Dry River) VG/Tested USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY - COLLECTOR'S EDITION #1 NEW CD USD $25.80 Buy It Now 6 days
Chris Rayburn 7" vinyl single record I Wanna Be In Love Again UK R5422 USD $33.18 Buy It Now 6 days
Cruisin' Around Rayburn Anthony Audio CD USD $32.17 Buy It Now 6 days
Lot of 3 Country CD's - Reba Greatest Hits - Lorrie Morgain - Rayburn Anthony USD $1.95 Buy It Now 6 days
MARGIE RAYBURN - I'M AVAILABLE b/w IF YOU WERE - 78 rpm 1957 London Liberty USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Lot of 3 Mike Rayburn CDs. Wooden Voices Better Days & Postcards USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
7", 45 RPM, MARGIE RAYBURN. MAID OF HONOR - NM USD $2.99 Buy It Now 6 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY Dance Floor Crystal Ball LP 10 Track Unopened In Original Shrink USD $9.38 Buy It Now 6 days
Margie Rayburn: Oooh What A Doll / Smoochin 45 USD $3.94 Buy It Now 6 days
MARGIE RAYBURN RECORD MAGIC WORDS - SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY 45 RPM LIBERTY VG+ USD $6.50 Buy It Now 6 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY Dance Floor Crystal Ball LP ( STILL SEALED USD $12.50 Buy It Now 6 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY This Time Marie 7" B/w Maybe I Should've Been Listenin' (pd14457 USD $4.54 Buy It Now 6 days
Carnegie Hall, Mike Rayburn, New USD $7.67 Buy It Now 6 days
Margie Rayburn - I'm Available/If You Were 45 RPM (EX-) USD $0.99 Buy It Now 7 days
MARGIE RAYBURN Rare 1959 LP Record WHITE LBL PROMO MONO USD $7.49 Buy It Now 7 days
MARGIE RAYBURN: Alley Oop / I Laughed And Laughed 45 (dj) Vocalists USD $20.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Rayburn Anthony - Something Out Of The Ordinary [CD New] USD $17.19 Buy It Now 7 days
Margie Rayburn - I'm Available / If You Were 45 1957 G- / VG USD $0.99 Buy It Now 8 days
MARGIE RAYBURN -(45)- OOOH WHAT A DOLL / SMOOCHIN' LIBERTY RECORDS-55120 -1957 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 8 days
HEAR Margie Rayburn 45 Here I Am/Cast A Little Spell CHALLENGE 9110 popcorn NM- USD $8.00 Buy It Now 8 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY I've been Loved By You Today/ Feel Right at Home Phoenix 1?22 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Rayburn Rayburn CD USD $24.07 Buy It Now 8 days
MARGIE RAYBURN: I Miss You Already / Maid Of Honor 45 (dj, xol) Vocalists USD $15.00 Buy It Now 8 days
MARGIE RAYBURN I'm Available If You Were 1957 Liberty Records F-55102 USD $5.50 Buy It Now 9 days
MARGIE RAYBURN I'M AVAILABLE MINT 45 & VINTAGE 50's STORE TITLE CARD & SLEEVE USD $12.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Margie Rayburn: "I'm Available"/"If You Were" - '58 Teener hit - strong VG+! USD $3.50 Buy It Now 9 days
Margie Rayburn 45 Here I am CHALLENGE USD $10.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Margie Rayburn-Margie-1959 Female Jazz Vocal STEREO LP-SEALED! USD $39.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MARGIE RAYBURN "I'M AVAILABLE / IF YOU WERE" 45 USD $3.75 Buy It Now 10 days
Margie Rayburn - Oooh What A Doll / Smoochin (VG) 1958 #291 USD $19.00 Buy It Now 10 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY - Dance Floor Crystal Ball - Ex Con LP Record Audiograph AG 7775 USD $12.98 Buy It Now 10 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY - Dance Floor Crystal Ball - Ex Con LP Record Audiograph AG 7775 USD $13.00 Buy It Now 10 days
RAYBURN - YOUR MIND NEW CD USD $44.34 Buy It Now 10 days
Margie Rayburn: "I'm Available"/"If You Were" - '58 Teen Pop hit - EX vinyl! USD $4.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Rayburn - Your Mind [CD New] USD $36.86 Buy It Now 10 days
Rayburn Anthony - No Relief In Sight [CD New] USD $20.17 Buy It Now 10 days
45 RPM RECORD: MARGIE RAYBURN / I'M AVAILABLE / IF YOU WERE USD $10.99 Buy It Now 10 days
MARGIE RAYBURN MISSISSIPPI MOON / THE GET AQUAINTED WALTZ NEAR MINT 1957 USD $4.34 Buy It Now 10 days
Gerry Limpic & Mark Rayburn With Dave Pollard - Limpic & Rayburn LP Vinyl USD $7.46 Buy It Now 11 days
MARGIE RAYBURN "I'M AVAILABLE" / FLEETWOODS "COME SOFTLY TO ME" 7" 45 MINT- USD $4.99 Buy It Now 11 days
POP/ROCK + ROLL 45 RPM - MARGIE RAYBURN - LIBERTY 55102 - "I'M AVAILABLE" USD $7.00 Buy It Now 11 days
BOYD RAYBURN-Experiments in Jazz 1945~MUSICRAFT 505 [M] USD $17.99 Buy It Now 12 days
MARGIE RAYBURN Basin Street Blues CAPITOL WL PROMO F3338 VG++ USD $10.00 Buy It Now 12 days
The Eastman Jazz Ensemble-Spiral Galaxy/Rayburn Wright CD (1988) School of Music USD $9.89 Buy It Now 12 days
Gene Rayburn, Dee Finch, Decca #27739. Dry Bones/Way Up In...,78 rpm,10",NM. USD $10.95 Buy It Now 12 days
Rayburn Anthony 45 Shadows of Love / Fire in the Night . rpm record 7" vinyl USD $2.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Mike Rayburn Nu 5 CD Unstoppable Better Days Wooden Voices Eleven Postcards Live USD $19.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Carnegie Hall by Rayburn, Mike USD $5.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Rayburn Anthony - Everything's Just Waiting - Classic Country Artists USD $12.18 Buy It Now 13 days
Rayburn - Rayburn - Beat 60s 70s USD $19.73 Buy It Now 13 days
Rayburn Anthony-Big Bad City CD NEW USD $26.38 Buy It Now 13 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY My Baby's Car Crazy CD rockabilly NEW USD $14.41 Buy It Now 13 days
RAYBURN ANTHONY Big Bad City CD - rockabilly - NEW USD $12.71 Buy It Now 13 days
Margie Rayburn Oooh What A Doll/Smoochin' 45 RPM USD $9.00 Buy It Now 13 days
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA - International Morse Code - 2x10" Vinyl Rayburn S-167 USD $40.00 Buy It Now 13 days
SUN 373 RAYBURN ANTHONY HOW WELL I KNOW/BIG DREAM NEW LOWER PRICE M- USD $14.99 Buy It Now 13 days
ANTHONY RAYBURN - THIS TIME MARIE - 45 POLYDOR PD 14367 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Margie Rayburn / I'm Available / 1957 / Liberty F-55102 / If You Were / Single USD $1.50 Buy It Now 13 days
Eleven - Mike Rayburn - CD USD $5.45 Buy It Now 14 days
MARGIE RAYBURN 45RPM '57 LIBERTY SMOOCHIN/OOH WHAT A DOLL TWO-SIDED TEEN ROCKER USD $6.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Mann, Carl & Rayburn Anthony - Cruisin' Around With Carl Mann & Rayburn Antho... USD $18.44 Buy It Now 14 days

More places to buy RAYBURN music online Buy RAYBURN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RAYBURN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RAYBURN Rayburn ratings distribution

RAYBURN Rayburn reviews

Review by Windhawk
3 stars The US outfit RAYBURN was formed in 1970 and through the four years of its initial history it caused quite a stir in the local scene, and saw opportunity knocking on quite a few occasions as well - most notably when the band's members signed a record contract in 1972. But adversity saw to it that the band never managed to have a true go at a career, the father of a band member buying out the aforementioned record deal to try to force his son into the family business as the first challenge to confront them, and when they fought back from this disappointment guitarist Roberts developed cancer and died at the age of 21. This CD was compiled from various demo recordings they made back in the early 70's, and was released at a reunion concert Rayburn held in 2009.

While perhaps not stunningly original in scope, Rayburn's compositions have stood the test of time rather well, and should be a pleasing experience for most with an interest in early 70's art rock, and arguably a must buy for anyone with a dedicated interest in US artists exploring this genre at this point in time. A fine effort and a well-made historical document.

Review by apps79
3 stars Rayburn's story begins back in 1970 in Little Rock, Arkansas, when keyboardist/singer Steve Stephens and guitarist/pianist Jimmy Roberts started their journey into searching for a more challenging form of rock music.They were soon joined by Mack Price on bass and vocals and Steve Courtney on drums and their innovative style caught the attention of Mega Records.However their contract was mysteriously canceled in 1972, many years later Steve would found out that his father had arranged a buy-out of the contract in orded his son to return back to their family business.Rayburn found the strength to move on, recording material and demos, before a second hit struck the band in 1974.Jimmy Roberts was diagnosed with cancer and died a few months later.The rest of the group never fully recovered, despite an unsuccesful attempt for a comeback in 1977.Over 30 years later, the three remaining members with the help of their families arranged a reunion concert, where the unreleased material from the 72'-77' was taped on CD by the Psych of the South label.

This is really some pretty elegant and decent example of early-70's Progressive Rock with strong amounts of psychedelic influences, akin to AFFINITY, CRESSIDA, FANTASY, GREENSLADE and other similar sounding British Prog groups of the period, giving the Americans a strong European identity.The material combines psychedelic melodies and jams with more sophisticated arrangements and a few intricate instrumentals, fronted by smooth guitar lines, elaborate organ washes and beautiful vocal harmonies.Quite often a definite influence from the music of THE BEATLES or early Psych/Art Rock acts such as PROCOL HARUM or THE MOODY BLUES is evident, though the rocking component in here is much stronger.Some mellow, orchestral parts with relaxed vocal sections recall the first steps of KING CRIMSON, like on the melancholic ''Said, I love only you'' or the following ''Righteous man'', while there are even some pretty complex pieces included in the album, like the three-part ''Your mind'' (or you should call it different versions of the same track), with its unusual combination of psychedelic vocals and quirky, jazzy electric textures.Some light symphonic tones are also revealed in some piano and organ moves, but the majority of the album flows in an artistic Psychedelic Rock vein, having a pretty delicate balance between clean vocals and prog-leaning instrumental parts.

While ''Rayburn'' is not exactly a lost gem of the 70's, eventually coming on surface, its sophisticated musical content along the lines of the aforementioned British combos is sure to please all fans of Proto-Prog and Psychedelic Prog at a certain deegree.Well-crafted pieces with both melodic and captivating themes.Recommended.

Post a review of RAYBURN "Rayburn"