NOAH

Unwritten Pages Noah album cover

Buy UNWRITTEN PAGES Music
Studio Album, released in 2010

First disc

1. Prologue (This New World) (5:36)
2. The Boy is Awake (3:42)
3. In the Name of Ishmael (7:36)
4. Royalty & Conspiracies (6:31)
5. Red Ashes (The Privilege of War) (3:02)
6. Solar Blast (6:46)
7. Deimos Theme (6:58)
8. Blowing Red Ashes Pt. I (3:45)

Second Disc

1. The Uranium Machine (5:16)
2. Falling Stars (8:24)
3. Unexpected Twists & Turns (3:25)
4. These Haunted Days (4:14)
5. Blowing Red Ashes Pt. II (6:13)
6. Flora & ... (4:45)

- Sander Stappers / bass
- Thomas Gunter / backing vocals
- Ali Jemail Gamy / percussion

Full-length, ProgRock Records, October 5th, 2010

Thanks to CCVP for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

UNWRITTEN PAGES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy UNWRITTEN PAGES Noah Music

NoahNoah
ProgRock Records 2010

More places to buy UNWRITTEN PAGES music online Buy UNWRITTEN PAGES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for UNWRITTEN PAGES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

UNWRITTEN PAGES Noah ratings distribution

UNWRITTEN PAGES Noah reviews

Review by Windhawk
3 stars UNWRITTEN PAGES, from The Netherlands, apparently started out by chance, with a science fiction story that started developing a life of its own and sent creative trio Frederic Epe, Michel Epe and Glenn out on a quest to craft a rock opera suitable for it. From 2005 and onwards the album slowly took shape amidst a continuous struggle to finance it and follow the whims of the muses guiding the creators, with notable musicians such as Karl Groom and Damian Wilson adding their input as the project evolved. In 2010 what one might assume is the partial end result came in the shape of the double album "Part I: Noah", subsequently picked up and released by the US label Progrock Records.

With "Part I: Noah", Unwritten Pages have launched their initial effort with a fairly ambitious rock opera. And while not quite the finished article, this is a rather enjoyable effort. If science fiction-based concepts and progressive metal sounds like a good mix to you, this is a double CD that just might be of interest, especially if you are the type of person who will listen to the music with the CD booklet in hand, following the lyrics and the story explored with close attention.

Send comments to Windhawk (BETA) | Report this review (#414361) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 11, 2011

Review by Rune2000
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
4 stars I generally have mixed feelings about Progressive Metal concept albums mainly because of the many times I got burned by flawed releases that many fan consider to be pinnacles of the genre. But when I think of it, it's not so much the concept albums but rather particular bands and artists, who promote themselves as conceptual metal giants, that have done more damage to my judgmental mind than the genre as a whole. I'm talking about Ayreon, Shadow Gallery, Blind Guardian and a few others... oops... almost forgot Kamelot!

The reason for my rant is the mere fact that it feels so refreshing to actually hear a great Progressive Metal concept album that doesn't rely on the well-established clichés of the past/present and manages to move things forward. This is exactly what Frederic Epe and his backing musicians manage to achieve on Noah! This entire album is filled with music that will hijack your mind from the first time you'll hear it and will continue to grow until you'll master this 80+ minute beast. This is at least what happened to me; I started off listening to Noah with the bare minimum expectations imaginable but was met with such a versatile album that I just couldn't get it out of my head for weeks and felt like refreshing that memory every now and then in the process!

There is really no reason for me to go into detail about the individual tracks since Noah should only be heard in its entirety. This might actually be considered somewhat of a drawback due to the album's hefty length that reaches just above the regular size of one CD. Once an artist/band releases this much material, the results are bound to vary in quality. Hopefully, the individual moments are developed just enough to hold all the pieces of the puzzle together and thus create quite a solid and fluent piece of music.

If you're a fan of conceptual Progressive Metal then you should already have this album in your collection since this is an essential piece of storytelling that can be compared to Pain of Salvation's Be and Dream Theater's Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From A Memory. Seriously, stop wasting your and my time and get this album already!

***** star songs: Prologue (This New World) (5:36) Solar Blast (6:46) Falling Stars (8:24)

**** star songs: The Boy Is Awake (3:42) In the Name Of Ishmael (7:36) Royalty & Conspiracies (6:31) Red Ashes (The Privilege of War) (3:02) Blowing Red Ashes Pt.I (3:45) The Uranium Machine (5:16) Unexpected Twists & Turns (3:25) These Haunted Days (4:14) Blowing Red Ashes Pt.II (6:13) Flora & ..(4:45) Life (5:27)

*** star songs: Deimos Theme (6:58)

Send comments to Rune2000 (BETA) | Report this review (#414528) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 11, 2011

Post a review of UNWRITTEN PAGES "Noah"