Nodens Ictus

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Nodens Ictus Spacelines album cover

from partners
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. The Grove Of Selves (2:27)
2. Spacelines (5:45)
3. The Gong Of Ra (5:19)
4. Chickens In The Mist (7:07)
5. Toad In The Whole (1:47)
6. Sharpening The Norm (9:08)
7. Way Of The Wind (7:00)
8. Atavista (5:50)
9. Aerial Procession (3:50)
10. Sleeping Seas (3:41)
11. Gopuram (8:05)

NODENS ICTUS was the name given to a project formed by Ed Wynne of the OZRIC TENTACLES and Joie Hinton, (formerly of the OZRICS', now in EAT STATIC), to explore a more ambient direction of the OZRICS' unique sound, ditching most of the drums, bass and guitar in favour of analogue and digital synths and samplers.

Stretchy Records #STRETCHYCD2

Buy NODENS ICTUS Spacelines Music

Spacelines by Nodens IctusSpacelines by Nodens Ictus

More places to buy NODENS ICTUS music online Buy NODENS ICTUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

NODENS ICTUS Spacelines ratings distribution

NODENS ICTUS Spacelines reviews

Review by obiter
3 stars Very chilled trippy album. I would recommend this to a space progger or a dance fiend as a chill out but not to someone outside the space prog/dance genre.

Haunting, memorable and very synth. The music invites the listener to come and walk in bizarre and alien lands: more romantic and dreadful than our own. It's like Sibelius to that extent.

And this is the difficulty in reviewing the album: I can see the beautiful ambient soundscapes ... great for those with imaginations and the fanatsy gamers out there, but does it cut the mustard as a prog album.

I really don't know. One day it carries me away, the next time I listen it's bland and I skip on to somehitng else.

4 stars Can you imagine Fripp & Eno's No Pussyfooting in space and gettin' better than the original one? I am very attracted by sci-fi and space stuff. Maybe this simple (but very creative) cover art made me get this piece. It's a space ambiental project by members from Ozric Tentacles and Eat Stat ... (read more)

Report this review (#968514) | Posted by VOTOMS | Saturday, June 1, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This project is a collaboration between Ed Wynne (guitarist of Ozric Tentacles ) and Joie Hinton a former member Of Ozric.This project exists from 1988 and that was the year they released their first tape...After this first attempt they made a live album which is very difficult to be foun ... (read more)

Report this review (#47720) | Posted by Angeldust | Thursday, September 22, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Veery good. Modens Ictus is another Ozric Tentacles related project, but this one is, i think, more electro and more acid than the Ozrics themselves. The album is basically for people on drugs, not as a criticism, but as a fact; the music has that dimension and a very different, whimsical flav ... (read more)

Report this review (#22248) | Posted by Minstrel X | Thursday, September 9, 2004 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I first heard Noden's 'bout '92?. I was a little miffed at one of my favourite tunes on the tape I heard was not on the CD. Even so, I highly recommend Spacelines for pure chill out ambient synth/spaceout with rain forest/tribal chat accompaniment (though not at all cheesy - the music is at one wi ... (read more)

Report this review (#22246) | Posted by | Saturday, April 10, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NODENS ICTUS "Spacelines"