DEDICATED TO CHAOS

Collectors/fans only

Buy QUEENSRYCHE Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. Get Started (3:32)
2. Hot Spot Junkie (3:57)
3. Got It Bad (3:45)
4. Around The World (4:00)
5. Higher (3:45)
6. Retail Therapy (5:08)
7. At the Edge (4:53)
8. Broken (6:03)
9. Hard Times (3:48)
10. Drive (4:13)
11. I Believe (4:18)
12. Luvnu (6:35)

"Special Edition" includes 4 bonus tracks, expanding packaging and more.
13. Wot We Do (3:46)

- Geoff Tate / lead vocals
- Michael Wilton / guitar, backing vocals
- Eddie Jackson / bass, backing vocals
- Scott Rockenfield / drums, percussion

Will be released on Roadrunner Records/Loud & Proud on June 28th in North America.

Pre-order the digital version on LoudTrax.com (see link in buy music section below)

Other territories are to be announced.

Thanks to m@x for the addition
and to Rune2000 for the last updates

QUEENSRYCHE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy QUEENSRYCHE Dedicated To Chaos Music

More places to buy QUEENSRYCHE music online Buy QUEENSRYCHE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for QUEENSRYCHE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

QUEENSRYCHE Dedicated To Chaos ratings distribution

QUEENSRYCHE Dedicated To Chaos reviews

Review by J-Man
1 stars Queensr˙che's last effort, American Soldier, was one that, despite all of the negative hype surrounding it, I actually enjoyed quite a bit. Although nowhere near the heights of Operation: Mindcrime or Empire, I thought it was a generally high-quality concept album with a few excellent songs that were on par with the band's classic material. Dedicated to Chaos has been met with even more negative attention than 2009's American Soldier, and (unfortunately) I agree with it this time around. This is an extremely weak effort that is far too uninspired and generic to impress even the most die- hard Queensr˙che fan - really a shame after the massive step forward that was American Soldier. Dedicated to Chaos is a very low point in Queensr˙che's discography, and I can only hope that they recover from this artistic disaster next time around. Unless generic metal riffs, straightforward song structures, and uninspired lyrics are your preferred poison, I'd have a tough time recommending this to even the most hardcore Queensr˙che fans.

The music on Dedicated to Chaos is similar to Queensr˙che's sound on their previous few albums. Expect grunge-tinged alternative metal with very few influences from progressive metal and traditional heavy metal - this truly sounds nothing like the band that made Operation: Mindcrime, and those who are expecting a traditional/prog metal album should look elsewhere. Although I'm certainly open to the band's ever-evolving sound and change in direction, I can't help but feel that they've lost a bit of their inspiration along the way. The vast majority of Dedicated to Chaos consists of generic riffs and surprisingly uninspired vocal performances from Geoff Tate - a bit shocking when considering what a powerful and emotional vocalist he can be. There really are only a few songs on this album that are decent ("Around the World", "Hard Times", and "Big Noize" come to mind), and even they aren't great or anything. Dedicated to Chaos also sports some of the band's most horrendous lyrics to date - just take one listen to "Hot Spot Junkie" and you'll catch my drift. How could this be the same band that previously wrote genius concept albums with stories that compete with the best ever written?

One annoying feature about Dedicated to Chaos is the horrible-sounding production. The mix sounds just terrible to these ears, with everything (particularly the drums and bass) mixed so loud to the point that it lacks emotion. Guitar parts are nearly inaudible at times, and the vocals are mixed too high as well. Giving already generic music an uninspired and generic production is not a plus in my book.

Dedicated to Chaos is not a successful album from almost every aspect. The uninspired arrangements, weak lyrics, terrible production, and simplistic compositions make this possibly the worst Queensr˙che effort to date. It will take a real boost of inspiration to recover from this disaster. I hate to do this to one of my once-favorite bands, but the most I can give out here is 1.5 stars. If not for the few decent tracks, you could easily subtract that extra half-star. Dedicated to Chaos is only for the most die-hard of Queensr˙che fans, and I have a feeling that even they will be disappointed. Along with Morbid Angel's recent disaster, this can currently be considered the biggest let-down of 2011. Sorry guys - I really wanted to like this album. Maybe next time.

Send comments to J-Man (BETA) | Report this review (#487968) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 21, 2011

Review by UMUR
3 stars "Dedicated to Chaos" is the 12th full-length studio album by US hard/rock metal act Queensr˙che. The album was released in June 2011 by Roadrunner Records.

The music on "Dedicated to Chaos" is hard rock/metal with an at times accessible commercial feel. The album is yet another example of the fact that you never really know what you´re gonna get when a new Queensr˙che album is released. The band have since the early nineties been swinging back and forth between releasing semi-progressive metal albums and more easily accessible hard rock/ metal ditto. To the great despair of some fans but also to the great joy of others. Queensr˙che were never known to please. They are rather known for making exactly the albums they want to, when they want to. "Dedicated to Chaos" is no different and it belongs in the more commercial camp. So hardcore progressive metal fans, read it and weep!

The tracks are generally simple vers/chorus structured with memorable choruses that probably won´t offend anyone. Hard rocking riffs, a pounding rocking rythm section and Geoff Tate´s unique vocals on top. At times the band take the music in an almost funky glam rock/metal-like direction. "Got It Bad" is the best example of this. The band are definitely trying out new things on "Dedicated to Chaos" and while some work better than others I respect what Queensr˙che are trying to achive. "Dedicated to Chaos" is most likely a water divider but I´m actually mostly positive about the more commercial musical direction. Since the release of "Promised Land" back in 1994, Queensr˙che have released quite a few grey and mediocre releases that haven´t impressed me much. "Dedicated to Chaos" won´t change my general opinion that the best years of the band´s life are behind them, but as a nice and easily accessible hard rock/metal album featuring a positive vibe, a professional production, excellent musicianship and pretty decent songwriting, "Dedicated to Chaos" ain´t too bad. A 3 - 3.5 star (65%) rating is warranted.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#603610) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 05, 2012

1 stars This album is simply terrible, unlistenable, a pain for your ears. I find this unacceptable from a band with a bright past like Queensryche, capable of egregious things in the 80's like the excellent "Operation Mindcrime" and "Empire". This time I found myself skipping from one track to another in r ... (read more)

Report this review (#552718) | Posted by Avtokrat | Wednesday, October 19, 2011 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The album title resumes in a quite perfect way the musical, lyrical and overall direction of Queensr˙che anno Domini 2011: "Dedicated To Chaos". Let's say that Queensr˙che have surpassed their zenith of creativity since almost twenty years and desperately tried to get a connection to their roots ... (read more)

Report this review (#499346) | Posted by kluseba | Sunday, August 07, 2011 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Firstly, this is nowhere near the dizzy heights of yesteryear, let's make that clear, however, this is in no way a bad album as some would have you believe. I will admit that it took 3 or 4 listens, but patience has been rewarded with this CD. I found myself humming the tracks very soon after. ... (read more)

Report this review (#484219) | Posted by Wasp | Sunday, July 17, 2011 | Review Permanlink

1 stars Awful, just Awful... I would like to say that this is rock bottom, but they keep redefining what rock bottom is. First they ruined the reputation of Mindcrime by making a bland sequel, then created horrible renditions of once decent songs on Take Cover, then they wanted to bank on the Army Demogr ... (read more)

Report this review (#461915) | Posted by Phoenix87x | Wednesday, June 15, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of QUEENSRYCHE "Dedicated To Chaos"