HEADS OR TALES LIVE

Live, released in 2011

1. Intro (1:43)
2. The Flyer (4:03)
3. Cat Walk (4:21)
4. The Sound Of Strangers (3:55)
5. The Writing (4:06)
6. Intermission (6:14)
7. Social Orphan (3:27)
8. The Vendetta (Still Helpless) (1:56)
9. Scratching The Surface (5:17)
10. The Pitchman (7:03)

- Jim Crichton / bass
- Jim Gilmour / keyboards
- Brian Doerner / drums

Thanks to Lynx33 for the addition

SAGA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SAGA Heads Or Tales Live Music

Imports 2001
Silent Knight/In TransitSilent Knight/In Transit
Phantasm Imports 2010
Saga -House of Cards CD SPV 085 72162 LOW PRICE BIN US $4.95 Buy It Now 41m 57s
ALEXANDER O'NEAL - SAGA OF A MARRIED MAN [826992002521] - NEW CD US $7.49 Buy It Now 1h 20m
The Saga Continues [PA] by Diddy (CD, May-2005, Bad Boy Entertainment) US $3.50 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Eddie Condon on Stage Immortal sessions LP SAGA 6916 US $5.13 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Louis Armstrong - Saga (1996) - Used - Compact Disc US $0.99 Buy It Now 2h 26m
The Boys - The Saga Continues 1994 Cassette SEALED R&B US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 48m
SAGA**HOUSE OF CARDS**VINYL US $22.95 Buy It Now 3h 7m
BP Renegades Steel Orchetsra A Panorama Saga II CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 15m
the continuing saga of the wyatts volume one,,cd, the wyatts 2007 US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Quincy Jones "Roots" - The Saga Of An American Family" (3) US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 58m
BLUES AT SUNRISE UK 1969 RARE SAGA LABEL VINYL PRESSING US $17.09 Buy It Now 8h 41m
Soundtrack / The Twilight Saga : Forever Love Songs o.s.t ost [2 CD] NEW US $21.99 Buy It Now 9h 7m
SAGA - "The Beginner's Guide To Throwing Shapes" CD - ORIG 1989 GERMAN PRESS US $24.88 Buy It Now 9h 44m
Colin Wilkie/Shirley Hart/John Pears(Vinyl LP)Folk 68-Saga-SOC 1022-UK-VG/VG US $17.99 Buy It Now 10h 14m
Count Basie(Vinyl LP)Count Basie-Saga-EROS 8131-UK-VG/VG US $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 14m
Franz Schubert-Quintet In C Major UK Saga LP 1966 Stereo US $6.83 Buy It Now 10h 38m
Saga - Images At Twilight CD US $15.53 Buy It Now 11h 2m
P. Diddy & the Bad Boy Family The Saga Continues Japan(Promo)CD W/OBI Brand New US $3.99 Buy It Now 12h 19m
78 RPM ODETTE the saga of odette charles williams DX 1688 uk columbia 12" WS EX/ US $61.89 Buy It Now 12h 31m
SARAH VAUGHAN AND BILLY ECKSTINE self titled EROS 8098 LP PS EX/EX uk saga US $15.38 Buy It Now 12h 31m
Rhapsody: Tales from the Emerald Sword Saga [CD 2004 SPV Comp Fire LIKE NEW] US $6.99 [0 bids]
CHARLIE PARKER Cool Blues Volume 2 SAGA UK Pressing US $11.00 Buy It Now 12h 53m
SAGA ~Heads Or Tales Live' ~RARE UK PROMO ONLY CD 2011~PROG ROCK~NEW US $34.21 Buy It Now 13h 23m
Memphis Slim/Self Titled/1966 Saga Blues LP US $17.09 Buy It Now 13h 43m
Eric Hill(Vinyl LP)Guitar Music Of Torroba-Saga-SAGA 5462-Germany-Ex/VG+ US $18.99 Buy It Now 13h 51m
TCHAIKOVSKY Violin Concerto Waltz-Scherzo Leonid Kogan Saga 5022 LP US $4.99 [1 bids]
Sibelius: Symphony no 5, En saga / Vladimir Ashkenazy (CD, London/Decca) US $0.01 [0 bids]
abc of sounds original 1967 saga records samples lp ex+ US $25.65 Buy It Now 14h 49m
SEALED Bernard Herrmann's Western Saga: "Desert Suite"/"Indian Suite" CEREBUS US $35.00 Buy It Now 14h 57m
PAUL PROCOPOLIS Bach Preludes & Fugues SAGA STEREO ENGLAND 1964 US $9.99 [0 bids]
MALCOLM SARGENT Sibelius En Saga, Swan of Tuonela HMV STEREO ASD 541 US $14.99 [0 bids]
LP Art Mooney Orchestra, The "Art Mooney Goes Latin" SAGA EROS 8015 Harvest Moon US $15.38 Buy It Now 15h 33m
SAGA TOUR '90 POSTER BERLIN FEBRUARY 12 1990 CONCERT POSTER (APPROX 59CM X 84CM) US $22.24 Buy It Now 15h 34m
KANSAS/SAGA/NAZARETH MELODIC ROCK NIGHT 1990 POSTER BERLIN NOVEMBER 12 1990 CONC US $25.67 Buy It Now 15h 39m
Various OST(Vinyl LP)No No Nanette-Saga-ERO 811-US-VG+/VG US $18.99 Buy It Now 16h 24m
SANDERLING Sibelius Symphonies #3 & 5,En Saga,Finlandia,Valse EURODISC 2LP MINT US $79.00 Buy It Now 16h 26m
XID 5037 BEETHOVEN EROICA LP (SAGA RECORDS) GEORGE HURST US $1.69 [0 bids]
XID 5038 BEETHOVEN PASTORAL LP (SAGA RECORDS) GEORGE HURST US $1.69 [0 bids]
XID 5047 BEETHOVEN THE EMPEROR LP (SAGA RECORDS) GEORGE HURST US $1.69 [0 bids]
Austin Wintory: The Banner Saga (CD, Apr-2014, Fresh From) US $10.24 Buy It Now 17h 38m
Bon Jovi- Glass Tiger- Pat Benatar- Saga- Coney Hatch- Lot of 6 LPs all MINTY!!! US $19.99 [0 bids]
Randy Weston Saga Billy Higgins US $5.95 Buy It Now 18h 13m
Deildarbungubręšur - Saga Til Nęsta Bęjar LP soft pop rock Eik Iceland 1976 US $49.00 Buy It Now 18h 15m
THE FLIGHT OF SLEIPNIR SAGA 2LP **GREEN** AGALLOCH WOUNDED KINGS EREB ALTOR US $41.99 Buy It Now 18h 52m
Wintory,Austin - Banner Saga [CD New] US $13.20 Buy It Now 19h 7m
O'Neal,Alexander - Saga Of A Married Man [CD New] US $12.11 Buy It Now 19h 7m
Jimi Hendrix "At His Best Vol.2" LP (Import) ,1972, Saga, Made In England US $8.95 Buy It Now 19h 18m
The Saga Of Battlestar Galactica - MCA - 1979 #413849 US $8.54 Buy It Now 19h 19m
Original Soundtrack - Camelot - Saga - 1965 #242124 US $8.54 Buy It Now 19h 19m
CD All Sounds of SaGa 1 2 3 (I II III) ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM GAME BOY MUSIC US $34.72 Buy It Now 19h 22m
Jimi Hendrix "At His Best Vol.3" LP Import by Saga Records in England (1972) US $8.95 Buy It Now 19h 22m
CD Romancing SaGa 1 (I) - Original Soundtrack Version SUPER FAMICOM MUSIC ALBUM US $29.09 Buy It Now 19h 23m
CD Romancing SaGa 2 (II) - Eternal Romance SUPER FAMICOM GAME MUSIC ARRANG ALBUM US $30.97 Buy It Now 19h 23m
CD SaGa Frontier 1 (I) - Original Soundtrack Album LIMITED FIRST PRINT EDITION US $55.37 Buy It Now 19h 23m
CD Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Masoukishin II (2) Original Soundtrack GAME MUSIC US $19.71 Buy It Now 19h 23m
SAGA-WILDEST DREAMS 1987 ATLANTIC RECORDS LP 81794-1 IN SHRINK W/STICKER VG++-NM US $5.99 Buy It Now 19h 35m
SAGA What Do I Know b/w Easy Way Out STOCK 45 EX nice wax US $4.76 [0 bids]
SAGA Vinyl LP -In Transit, GREAT OFFER, JUST £4.99! US $8.54 Buy It Now 21h 5m
A VERY GOOD VIVALDI THE FOUR SEASONS 12" SAGA FIDELITY VINYL ALBUM (1967) US $1.69 [0 bids]
Saga "Heads or Tales" Vinyl LP Record Album, 1983, Digital Master Mix US $8.50 Buy It Now 21h 23m
SEQUENTIA - EDDA: AN ICELANDIC SAGA NEW CD US $15.16 Buy It Now 21h 24m
W.GERMANY Bax Winter Legends/Saga Fragment CD (Margaret Fingerhut Piano) Thomson US $13.67 [0 bids]
Foxy The Human League Saga Sunshine Kristofferson Davis Tri Treat +Bonus Records US $15.00 [0 bids]
STEVE RACHMAD PRESENTS TONS OF TONES - The Citation Saga CDS Techno US $9.39 Buy It Now 22h 53m
Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn Part 2 The Score CD US $13.16 Buy It Now 23h 4m
Lazar Berman - Liszt Sonata, Beethoven Appassionata LP Saga UK US $9.00 Buy It Now 23h 11m
JAH MASON - PRINCESS GONE...THE SAGA BED - NEW CD US $8.01 Buy It Now 23h 39m
Saga 45 On the Loose / Framed rpm record 7" vinyl US $3.50 Buy It Now 23h 42m
SAGA - HOUSE OF CARDS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $17.83 Buy It Now 1 day
Saga - House Of Cards [CD New] US $11.61 Buy It Now 1 day
SAGA - The Flyer / The Sound of Strangers - 1983 Vinyl 45' Pic.sleeve/ ROCK AOR US $0.99 [0 bids]
SAGA "WIND HIM UP" 7" WHITE LABEL PROMO 45 CANADIAN PROG BAND US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SAGA 20/20 SAGA NEW CD SEALED ORIGINAL 2012 EAGLE RECORDS FREE SHIPPING USA US $7.00 [0 bids]
Tragedy: Saga of a Hoodlum by Intelligent Hoodlum (CD, Apr-1993, A US $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
P. Diddy 5 CD's NRMT: Forever, Press Play, No Way Out, The Saga Continues +More US $9.99 [0 bids]
Crosstowners 45 Saga of Georgie EARLY FOLK ROCKER HEAR US $7.50 Buy It Now 1 day
The Saga Continues [PA] by Diddy (CD, May-2005, Bad Boy Entertainment) US $2.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Twilight Saga:Eclipse (Original Soundtrack) (Deluxe Version) - Various Artists US $16.98 Buy It Now 1 day
SAGA-WILDEST DREAMS-1987-USA-ATLANTIC RECORDS 7 81794-2-MATRIX: SRC-01-CD-MINT- US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CARL NIELSEN SYMPHONY NO 5 OP 50 SAGA-DROM OP 39 NONESUCH RECORDS H-71236 US $0.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SAGA / WORLDS APART US $5.50 Buy It Now 1 day
FUNK 45- VERNON STEVE WEAKLEY The Saga Of Kunta Kinte / Is It Love Or Is It Lust US $75.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Golden Little Yellow Record Walt Disney's THE SAGA OF ANDY BURNETT 78rpm 50s US $23.99 [0 bids]
20/20 - Saga US $10.92 Buy It Now 1 day
7" JAPAN PROMO CANADIAN ROCK BAND SAGA THE FLYER MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Legaia 2 Duel Saga Game Music Soundtrack CD - Hitoshi Sakimoto PS2 RARE US $24.99 [0 bids]
Walter Gieseking-Schumann Davidsbundlertanze - SAGA-UK US $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
The Saga Continues [PA] by Diddy (CD, Aug-2001, Bad Boy Entertainment) US $2.00 [0 bids]
THE SAGA OF SEVEN SUNS : BOOK 4 : SCATTERED SUNS (AUDIO CASSETTE) SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HIP HOP LP: SUPERDUCKBREAKS...THE SAGA BEGINS 1996 SUPERDUCKS BREAKS 101 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SIBELIUS, JEAN - SIBELIUS: VIOLIN CONCERTO; SERENADE NO. 2; EN SAGA - NEW CD US $9.86 Buy It Now 1 day
Eric Hill MUSIC FOR GUITAR: VILLA-LOBOS Saga 5453 British import Near Mint- US $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON (ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK) 'Soundtrack' CD US $22.48 Buy It Now 1 day
HERBERT VON KARAJAN -SIBELIUS: FINLANDIA. EN SAGA. TAPIOLA ETC.-JAPAN CD C68 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MORATTI - DESOLATION (SAGA) (LONG ISLAND RECORDS) US $5.50 [0 bids]
The Saga Continues Sporty-T CD1996 Sporty Records K.L.C lil odie insane renee US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LEAVES' EYES vinland saga cd digipack US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Face in the Crowd by Leon Russell (CD, Jan-1999, Saga Records) US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
saga 5443 EX/EX badini albinoni adagio four seasons LP US $5.00 [0 bids]
Andre Gagnon: Saga LP VG++ Canada London SP44219 US $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy SAGA music online Buy SAGA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SAGA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SAGA Heads Or Tales Live ratings distribution

SAGA Heads Or Tales Live reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars As you might know that I am actually not a big fan of Saga ...but I occasionally spin the CD as I have some of their albums. It's quite funny to me that I love the band from their live album "In Transit" that I consider as one of the best live album in rock history especially with songs like Humble Stance that really explode my adrenalin. Based on the experience with the live album I then started purchasing their studio album CDs and like some of them. I also loved their live album titled as Detours. ANd now I have this Heads and Tales Live album released in 2011 and it performed the Heads and Tales album originally released in 1983 in its entirety. It's another funny thing again as I write this review I have never heard the original version. It's quite awkward isn't it? Never mind ....the reason I am wrting is not to compare with the original studio album as I really like this live version even though basically i don't quite like the songs performed.

And the next question is why am I writing this review? Simple, I am blown away by the live vibes and anergy demonstrated by the band in this live record: it's fantastic. Well .. I am not familiar with each individual song but as I play the music I am really tuned into it deeply. I love the voice quality of Rob Moratti. I think he sings wonderfully in this album as he can perform consistently from start to end of the album. Second, I love the guitar work performed during the performance - they are all stunning really! And ...it's rocking as well! Third, I love the keyboard work as well.

It starts off nicely with an ambient live vibe through what is titled as Intro (1:43) which sets the overall tone of the performance; it continues nicely to the opening track The Flyer (4:03) with full energy vocal-wise and music-wise. As the music moves I enjoy all the transition pieces with guitar as well as keyboard - and ...yeah ...the stunning guitar solo which is quite unique. Cat Walk (4:21) starts nicely with repetitive keyboard sound accompanied by heavy guitar work accentuated with keyboard ...oh it's so rocking man! The Sound Of Strangers (3:55) enters in with another style of riffs with sort of blues-influenced rhythm section. And again the combined guitar and keyboard work sounds wonderfully to accompany vocal. The music flows nicely from track to track The Writing (4:06), Intermission (6:14) and into the straight rocker Social Orphan (3:27). All sound really nice to my ears and also the remaining tracks The Vendetta (Still Helpless) (1:56), Scratching The Surface (5:17) and it concludes with The Pitchman (7:03). Only at the last track that there is a very nice solo combining guitar and keyboard that sounds very unique.

This is the kind of excellent live performance with little improvisation as I do not hear any long guitar or keyboard solo except those embedded in each track which I believe it is similar or the same with its original studio version. Highly recommended as the it's relatively flawless. It's a very dynamic show and I hope I was there during the concert. Keep on proggin' ....!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#1163674) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 20, 2014

Post a review of SAGA "Heads Or Tales Live"