HEADS OR TALES LIVE

Live, released in 2011

1. Intro (1:43)
2. The Flyer (4:03)
3. Cat Walk (4:21)
4. The Sound Of Strangers (3:55)
5. The Writing (4:06)
6. Intermission (6:14)
7. Social Orphan (3:27)
8. The Vendetta (Still Helpless) (1:56)
9. Scratching The Surface (5:17)
10. The Pitchman (7:03)

- Jim Crichton / bass
- Jim Gilmour / keyboards
- Brian Doerner / drums

Thanks to Lynx33 for the addition

SAGA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SAGA Heads Or Tales Live Music

FREAKYMAN Discobug (the saga continues) 2x 12" Tremolo TRE2008 1996 Netherlands US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Panorama Saga: Tribute to Jit Samaroo, New Music US $8.83 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Sibelius: Finlandia, En Saga, Swan of Tuonela / Horst Stein (CD, London/Decca... US $4.99 [0 bids]
Sagacity by Saga (Audio CD) US $18.77 Buy It Now 3h 15m
The Indo Jazzmen-Ragas and Reflections 1968 UK Saga FID2145 VG+/VG- Zonal Rarity US $63.99 Buy It Now 3h 15m
LOUIS ARMSTRONG THE LOUIS ARMSTRONG SAGA 1972 NM # KH 31326 NM US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 49m
LARGE PROFESSOR bout that time / liveguy saga 12"RECORD US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 17m
ANDRE GAGNON Tape Cassette SAGA 1974 Cbs Records Canada QSP5-44219 US $5.68 [0 bids]
Enrico Caruso Golden Voice of Saga Records 1965 US $6.95 Buy It Now 4h 28m
CENOTAPH - SAGA BELICA (REISSUE) (DLX) NEW CD US $17.10 Buy It Now 4h 39m
Ice m- LP Saga of The Ice King US $49.99 Buy It Now 5h 22m
SAGA - 1987 Magazine Poster US $7.05 Buy It Now 5h 25m
Sibelius: Symphonies Nos. 5 & 7; En Saga [Hybrid SACD], New Music US $14.68 Buy It Now 5h 34m
VARIOUS ARTISTS-THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DA CD NEW US $20.49 Buy It Now 6h
P Diddy & The Bad Boy Family: The Saga Continues, P Diddy, New Explicit Lyrics US $2.25 Buy It Now 6h 9m
ALEXANDER O'NEAL - SAGA OF A MARRIED MAN NEW CD US $20.64 Buy It Now 6h 11m
Dillinger & Young Gotti 2: The Saga Continues (DPG) US $7.00 Buy It Now 6h 40m
The Twilight Saga: New Moon by Original Soundtrack (CD, Oct-2009, Summit... US $2.00 Buy It Now 6h 43m
Queen Dinah - Saga - (donnée non spécifiée) - Parution : 21/08/2006 NEUF US $7.99 Buy It Now 6h 50m
VARIOUS ARTISTS - FOREVER LOVE SONGS FROM THE TWILIGHT SAGA - CD 2CD - NEW US $20.72 Buy It Now 7h 19m
Lehar(Vinyl LP)The Merry Widow-Saga-SAGA 5365-UK-Ex/NM US $17.22 Buy It Now 7h 54m
Bartok(Vinyl LP)String Quartet-Saga-XID 5204-UK-VG+/VG+ US $14.08 Buy It Now 7h 54m
Kalman(Vinyl LP)The Gipsy Princess-Saga-SAGA 5366-UK-Ex/NM US $17.22 Buy It Now 7h 54m
Chopin(Vinyl LP)The Four Ballades-Saga-XID 5233-UK-VG+/VG US $14.08 Buy It Now 7h 54m
VARIOUS ARTISTS - FOREVER LOVE SONGS FROM THE TWILIGHT SAGA - CD 2CD - NEW US $20.49 Buy It Now 7h 55m
BECHET, BILK & BARBER with LONNIE DONEGAN SAGA EROS 8064 VINYL LP Album US $13.90 Buy It Now 8h 13m
JOHN SHIRLEY QUIRK a recital of english songs LP PS EX/EX saga 5473 US $14.08 Buy It Now 8h 38m
ROGER-SAGA CONTINUES-JAPAN ONLY CD ttt US $37.99 Buy It Now 9h 13m
Sibelius: Karelia Finlandia En Saga - Sargent EMI JAPAN 24bit REMASTER SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 10h
TWILIGHT SOUNDTRACK PICTURE DISC VINYL 1ST RECORD 2008 ORIGINAL SAGA MOVIE RARE US $55.00 Buy It Now 10h 26m
SAGA - HOUSE OF CARDS CD 2001 SPV 085-72162 CD IMPORT US $13.49 Buy It Now 11h 26m
Symphonic Poem ""En Saga SIBELIUS CD US $19.47 Buy It Now 11h 36m
Sibelius: Violin Concerto; Serenade No. 2; En saga (CD, Jul-2013, Newton US $13.44 Buy It Now 11h 49m
TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN PT 1 (SCORE) / SOUNDTRACK NEW CD US $22.41 Buy It Now 12h 14m
Sibelius: Symphony No. 2; En Saga; Luonnotar (CD, Feb-2006, Profil - Edition... US $11.00 Buy It Now 12h 48m
TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE (IMPORT) (VERSION) / SOUNDTRACK NEW CD US $38.31 Buy It Now 12h 51m
LOUIS ARMSTRONG THE LOUIE ARMSTRONG SAGA #KH31326 VG++/EX COLUMBIA RECORDS 1972 US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 58m
THE LOUIS ARMSTRONG SAGA - SEALED LP - 1972 CBS ORIGINAL - P 13294 US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 55m
BIS DIGITAL -NEEME JARVI / G.S.O -SIBELIUS -HISTORICAL SCENES / EN SAGA -Ex+ US $4.68 [0 bids]
Saga Isd My Tribute To Vol 1 US $14.88 Buy It Now 14h 28m
Saga~World's Apart LP~1982~RARE! Portrait Records AL 38246 NM/VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 33m
My Tribute To ...Saga Vol 2 Isd US $14.88 Buy It Now 14h 33m
Saga Live & Kicking Isd US $13.87 Buy It Now 14h 41m
The Twilight Saga: New Moon Soundtrack Companion CD &Eclipse CD & Breaking& twi US $9.00 [0 bids]
The Twilight Saga: New Moon by Original Soundtrack (CD, Nov-2009, Warner Music) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Neeme Jarvi : Nielsen: Maskarade, Rhapsodic Overture, Helios Overture, Saga-drea US $4.48 Buy It Now 16h 26m
Worlds Apart by Saga (Cassette, Oct-1990, Portrait) US $4.00 Buy It Now 16h 44m
P DIDDY SAGA CONTINUES CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $140.97 Buy It Now 16h 45m
SAGA The Security Of Illusion Sampler 1992 EUROPEAN collectors CD single US $13.60 Buy It Now 16h 53m
Leaves Eyes vinland saga CD Special edition bonus footage US $6.00 [0 bids]
SAGA - WORLDS APART - 1981 ORIG. N/M VINYL US $8.00 Buy It Now 17h 3m
Rock Saga - Gun 'n' Roses: The Chris Teltley Interviews 7" Picture Disk US $19.99 Buy It Now 17h 22m
LEIFS-SAGA SYM OP26 CD NEW US $20.57 Buy It Now 17h 40m
Louis Armstrong "The Louis Armstrong Saga" Columbia # P 13294 US $12.99 Buy It Now 17h 48m
Verdi - Il Trovatore Caruso - 1963 SAGA Records FID 2139 Vinyl US $7.83 Buy It Now 17h 57m
Sibelius: Symphony No. 2; En Saga; Luonnotar, New Music US $10.22 Buy It Now 18h 18m
GYPSY BARON-J.Strauss II-Vienna L.Opera- Lp- ERO 8004, Saga, ex+ US $15.67 Buy It Now 18h 31m
Jelly Roll Morton Saga of Mister vinyl LP ITALY 1973 US $8.00 Buy It Now 18h 31m
Carl Nielsen "Symphony No. 5 & Saga-Drom" Horenstein Nonesuch H-71236 US $1.50 Buy It Now 19h
Sibelius: Finlandia, Tapiola, En Saga, Karelia Suite CD (1990) US $5.47 Buy It Now 19h 34m
TITUS TURNER 45 Get Down Off the Train / Saga of Pete Latimore TURBO Soul #B129 US $13.00 Buy It Now 19h 57m
THE TWILIGHT SAGA PICTURE DISC VINYL NEW MOON 2009 MOVIE SOUNDTRACK RARE US $98.00 Buy It Now 20h
Chicago Winds the Saga Continues by Dave Hollister CD (2014) Brand New US $28.99 Buy It Now 20h 21m
John Williams-STAR WARS SAGA(Music From)BOSTON(ma)POPS-Superman/CLOSE ENCOUNTERS US $7.49 Buy It Now 20h 29m
A&M-4626 8-Track JONES, QUINCY Roots: The Saga Of An American Family O.T.V. US $9.99 [0 bids]
SAGA - CONTACT: LIVE IN MUNICH (2PC) (LTD) (DIGIPAK) NEW DVD US $29.49 Buy It Now 21h
SAGA Rare Vinyl Lp WORLDS APART Hype Sticker Shrink 1981 Beauty! US $11.95 Buy It Now 21h 4m
Saga - 20/20 [LP] (import) 2014 Vinyl LP/ US SELLER US $38.95 Buy It Now 21h 12m
Saga STXID 5245 HAYDN 7 Last Words of Christ AEOLIAN STRING QUARET 1965 UK LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 19m
The White House Saga Vinyl Record Caedmon Records TC 1194S SEALED JFK US $100.00 [0 bids]
Charley Christian "At Mintons" 1941, w/T Monk, Kenny Clark, Saga Records UK 1973 US $17.50 Buy It Now 21h 41m
Tales From The Emerald Sword Saga - Rhapsody (2004, CD New) US $30.17 Buy It Now 22h 6m
Beaver & Krause Saga Of the Blue Beaver / Walkin By The River Vinyl 45 RPM US $8.75 Buy It Now 22h 23m
The Twilight Saga:Twilight-2010-Orig Soundtrack-Del- CD US $43.09 Buy It Now 22h 47m
Sibelius: Symphony No. 5, En Saga, , Very Good Import US $2.00 Buy It Now 22h 59m
Leifs - Saga Symphony, Op 26 CD (2004) US $19.32 Buy It Now 23h
SAGA: Heads Or Tales on Maze label rock vinyl US $7.70 Buy It Now 23h 44m
SAGA: Images At Twilight (Rock & Pop Maze ML-8002 Vinyl LP) US $4.20 Buy It Now 23h 44m
SAGA: Silent Knight (Rock & Pop Maze ML-8003 Vinyl LP) US $4.20 Buy It Now 23h 44m
Lazar Berman-Liszt Sonata-Beethoven Appassionata-LP-England-Saga-5430-Vinyl US $3.49 [0 bids]
P. Diddy &The Bad Boy Family (Puff Daddy) - The Saga Continues. . . US $1.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HERBERT VON KARAJAN -SIBELIUS: FINLANDIA. EN SAGA. TAPIOLA ETC.-JAPAN CD C68 US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SAGA WHAT DO I KNOW PORTRAIT RECORDS PROMO 37-05463 STEREO W/ PIC SLEEVE NRMT+^ US $2.99 [0 bids]
BIG BILL BROONZY CHARLIE MINGUS DJANGO ~ UK SAGA 12-TRACK JAZZ BLUES COMP LP US $39.16 Buy It Now 1 day
John Williams Conducts Music From the STAR WARS Saga Boston Pops Orchestra CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2 [Soundtrack] | Label: Atlantic | Format: CD US $4.95 [0 bids]
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Pt. 2 [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] US $10.39 Buy It Now 1 day
NM 12"~ULTRAMAGNETIC M.C's~GODFATHER DON~Raise It Up~x3~Saga of Dandy,Devil,Day~ US $3.90 [0 bids]
THE DEVOTIONS 45 The Saga of Will-E Jones SILVER DOLLAR Promo SOUL #997 US $16.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Hugh Bean/Ravel: Trio; Debussy Sonatas Saga Stereo US $9.99 [0 bids]
Saga - Behaviour LP + INNER ROCK 985 VERY GOOD PLUS US $18.90 Buy It Now 1 day
P. Diddy & The Bad Boy Family - The Saga Continues (MC) Russia SEALED Puff Daddy US $16.50 Buy It Now 1 day
SIBELIUS Finlandia,En Saga...HORST STEIN, UK DECCA Pressing 1972 US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Pt. 1 Soundtrack US $1.51 [2 bids]
New Moon The Twilight Saga Original Score Soundtrack CD Alexandre Desplat US $11.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Diddy - Saga Continues (Parental Advisory, 2005) US $6.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Kiss - The Evolution Of The Saga Continues (LP) US $19.99 [0 bids]
JOHN WILLIAMS-Conducts Music From The STAR WARS SAGA-Boston Pops Orchestra-Cd US $7.48 [0 bids]
Saga - House Of Cards (Cassette) Russia SEALED US $16.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Rusty Ferguson Cincinnati Baseball Saga CD Single Cincinnati Reds MLB Parody US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy SAGA music online Buy SAGA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SAGA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SAGA Heads Or Tales Live ratings distribution

SAGA Heads Or Tales Live reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars As you might know that I am actually not a big fan of Saga ...but I occasionally spin the CD as I have some of their albums. It's quite funny to me that I love the band from their live album "In Transit" that I consider as one of the best live album in rock history especially with songs like Humble Stance that really explode my adrenalin. Based on the experience with the live album I then started purchasing their studio album CDs and like some of them. I also loved their live album titled as Detours. ANd now I have this Heads and Tales Live album released in 2011 and it performed the Heads and Tales album originally released in 1983 in its entirety. It's another funny thing again as I write this review I have never heard the original version. It's quite awkward isn't it? Never mind ....the reason I am wrting is not to compare with the original studio album as I really like this live version even though basically i don't quite like the songs performed.

And the next question is why am I writing this review? Simple, I am blown away by the live vibes and anergy demonstrated by the band in this live record: it's fantastic. Well .. I am not familiar with each individual song but as I play the music I am really tuned into it deeply. I love the voice quality of Rob Moratti. I think he sings wonderfully in this album as he can perform consistently from start to end of the album. Second, I love the guitar work performed during the performance - they are all stunning really! And ...it's rocking as well! Third, I love the keyboard work as well.

It starts off nicely with an ambient live vibe through what is titled as Intro (1:43) which sets the overall tone of the performance; it continues nicely to the opening track The Flyer (4:03) with full energy vocal-wise and music-wise. As the music moves I enjoy all the transition pieces with guitar as well as keyboard - and ...yeah ...the stunning guitar solo which is quite unique. Cat Walk (4:21) starts nicely with repetitive keyboard sound accompanied by heavy guitar work accentuated with keyboard ...oh it's so rocking man! The Sound Of Strangers (3:55) enters in with another style of riffs with sort of blues-influenced rhythm section. And again the combined guitar and keyboard work sounds wonderfully to accompany vocal. The music flows nicely from track to track The Writing (4:06), Intermission (6:14) and into the straight rocker Social Orphan (3:27). All sound really nice to my ears and also the remaining tracks The Vendetta (Still Helpless) (1:56), Scratching The Surface (5:17) and it concludes with The Pitchman (7:03). Only at the last track that there is a very nice solo combining guitar and keyboard that sounds very unique.

This is the kind of excellent live performance with little improvisation as I do not hear any long guitar or keyboard solo except those embedded in each track which I believe it is similar or the same with its original studio version. Highly recommended as the it's relatively flawless. It's a very dynamic show and I hope I was there during the concert. Keep on proggin' ....!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#1163674) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, April 20, 2014

Post a review of SAGA "Heads Or Tales Live"