ECHOES

3. Lady Fantasy (12:43)
-Encounter
-Smiles for You lady Fantasy
4. Rhayader (3:23)
5. Rhayader goes to Town (4:58)
6. Song Within a song (7:12)
7. Air Born (5:02)
CD 2: (73:07)
1. Breathless (4:19)
2. Echoes (7:17)
3. The Sleeper (7:02)
4. Your love is Stranger than Mine (3:22)
5. Hymn to Her (5:36)
6. Ice (10:10)
7. Drafter (4:17)
8. Lies (4:58)
9. Sasquatch (4:41)
10. You are the One (5:22)
11. Refugee (3:45)
12. West Berlin (5:08)
13. Mother TRoad (4:16)
14. Whispers in the Rain (2:54)

Search CAMEL Echoes lyrics

Search CAMEL Echoes tabs

- Kit Watkins / keyboards
- Phil Collins / percussion
- Anthony Phillips / guitar (12 String)
- Rupert Hine / vocals
- Duncan Mackay / keyboards
- Simon Phillips / drums
- Ton Scherpenzeel / synthesizer, piano, accordion
- David Paton / bass
- Pete Bardens / organ, synthesizer, piano, keyboards, piano (electric), vocals, clavinet, Moog synthesizer, mellotron, Arp
- Colin Bass / bass, vocals
- Christopher Bock / drums
- Paul Burgess / drums
- Mel Collins / clarinet, flute, saxophone, sax (Alto)
- Martin Drover / Flugel horn
- Brian Eno / piano, Moog synthesizer, bells
- Doug Ferguson / bass, vocals
- Malcolm Griffiths / trombone
- Graham Jarvis / drums
- Andy Latimer / synthesizer, flute, guitar, piano, recorder, vocals, Moog synthesizer, Fretless bass
- Jan Schelhaas / keyboards
- Richard Sinclair / bass, vocals
- Andy Ward / percussion, drums
- Don Harris / keyboards

CAMEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAMEL Echoes Music

Dust & DreamsDust & Dreams
Camel Productions 1992
CAMEL - CD Platinum Disc- Moonmadness US $141.90 Buy It Now 40m 14s
The Sopwith Camel - The Sopwith Camel (NEW CD) US $19.85 Buy It Now 1h 4m
CAMEL - The Snow Goose (CD) Progressive Rock/WEST GERMANY Pressing US $9.73 [0 bids]
"EX" CAMEL THE SNOW GOOSE INSERT US $24.31 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Peter Frampton Framton's Camel 1973 Press Original, EXC, Steam Clean, A+ SOUND US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
CAMEL Snow Goose Remastered CD NEW US $8.03 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Camel - Moonmadness (NEW CD) US $8.50 Buy It Now 2h 44m
CAMEL BREATHLESS DECCA TXS-R 132 UK FIRST PRESS P1 MATRIX EX /EX WITH INSERT US $9.71 Buy It Now 2h 44m
SOPWITH CAMEL, HELLO HELLO, ORIG. 1966 SINGLE US $2.50 Buy It Now 3h 7m
CAMEL NUDE USA PRESSING 1981 NM-/NM- US $21.00 Buy It Now 3h 46m
Camel - Camel (NEW CD) US $10.93 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Camel - The Snow Goose [Deluxe] (NEW 2CD) US $17.42 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Few Easy Steps to Secure Heli-Camel Safety Grace Gale Audio CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 32m
CAMEL/breathless/1978 uk decca lp US $18.99 Buy It Now 4h 34m
CAMEL "MOON MADNESS"-LP-1976 DECCA TZS-R 115 EX++ US $24.33 [0 bids]
CAMEL "RAIN DANCES"-LP-1977 DECCA TXS-R 124 / EX US $9.71 [0 bids]
CAMEL The Single Factor PASSPORT LP Smooth Prog Rock US $2.99 [1 bids]
QUARTZ - Camel in the City (1979) DISCO ELECTRONIC SYNTH FUNK DANCE LP US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 17m
LP BELGIUM PRESS - CAMEL (MOONMADNESS) - DECCA TXS 115 Y - GATEFOLD US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 23m
SOPWITH CAMEL s/t LP VG+ KLPS-8060 Vinyl 1969 Stereo USA USA Psych Rock US $25.00 Buy It Now 5h 42m
CAMEL LP IMPORT UK The Snow Goose - Decca SKL-R.5207 (1975) US $23.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL-ANTHOLOGY CD NEW US $27.00 Buy It Now 6h
Camel - Paris Collection [CD New] US $15.43 Buy It Now 6h 50m
CAMEL a live record DBC/R 7 uk decca 1978 gatefold sleeve DOUBLE LP PS EX-/EX- US $32.42 Buy It Now 6h 51m
CAMEL nude SKL 5323 A2/B2 uk decca LP PS VG/EX US $17.82 Buy It Now 6h 51m
SOPWITH CAMEL: Postcard From Jamaica / Little Orphan Annie (rock US $20.00 Buy It Now 6h 52m
Rock & Roll 45 - Johnnie And Jack - Camel Walk Stroll - 1958 US $0.49 [0 bids]
Peter Bardens-Speed Of Light-RARE PROMO-PRISTINE LP NEAR MINT!w/sleeve!CAMEL!! US $5.98 Buy It Now 7h 23m
Shri Camel - T. Riley US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 37m
CAMEL RAIN DANCES DECCA PAPER LABELS CASSETTE US $12.97 Buy It Now 7h 42m
LED ZEPPELIN 7" CAROUSELAMBRA +OA argentina ID# 21307 PROMO ONLY SAMPLER-CAMEL US $15.00 Buy It Now 8h 3m
CAMEL, MOON MADNESS,1976,GATEFOLD SL ,VG+ CONDITION US $11.34 [0 bids]
TERRY RILEY - SHRI CAMEL - NEW CD US $7.01 Buy It Now 8h 14m
CAMEL - "DUST AND DREAMS" STUNNING COMBACK CONCEPT CD ON "GRAPES OF WRATH" US $16.20 [0 bids]
GUY LEBLANC - SUBVERSIA CD NMA005 Camel Nathan Mahl Scott McGill Finneus Gauge US $16.22 [0 bids]
CAMEL - "CAMEL" CLASSIC PROG BANDS FIRST ALBUM MCA REISSUE IN TOP CONDITION US $24.31 [0 bids]
CAMEL - "The Single Factor" Original music cassette US $1.61 [0 bids]
PETER BARDENS The Answer V Rare Orig UK 1970 Transatlantic LP Prog Psych Camel US $39.30 [3 bids]
Camel A Live Record UK original mint 2 LP Decca FFSS pristine US $49.99 Buy It Now 9h 21m
THE CAMEL DRIVERS SUNDAY MORNING 6 O'CLOCK 45 FREE COMBINED U.S. SHIPPING US $1.99 Buy It Now 9h 42m
" EASY LOVER. " eli immanuel. SILVER CAMEL 12in 1981. US $8.03 [0 bids]
CAMEL On The Road 1972 JAPAN mini lp CD SEALED US $14.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL On The Road 1982 JAPAN mini lp CD SEALED US $14.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL the paris collection JAPAN mini lp CD SEALED US $14.99 [0 bids]
FRAMPTON'S CAMEL Self-Titled Rare Japan CD Japanese Obi Strip Peter Frampton US $19.99 [1 bids]
The Sopwith Camel on Kama Sutra US $4.50 Buy It Now 10h 23m
THE MAYTONES Black & White Unite Pama Camel 1970 UK 7" US $6.47 [1 bids]
Camel Toe - Moon Track - Plasteline 4 - 2007 #222563 US $6.47 Buy It Now 10h 38m
PETER BARDENS (Camel) Rare unplayed CD PROMO ONLY 1991 US $9.99 Buy It Now 10h 49m
Camel - I Can See Your House From Here LP OOP! KSHE Classic Supertramp ELO ELP US $7.00 [0 bids]
CAMEL CHAMELEON THE BEST OF decca 81 A2B2 Lp ex US $11.34 Buy It Now 11h 38m
Rare Bootleg Judas Priest Record, Camel 80, Heavy Metal US $24.99 [1 bids]
Camel 2 LP A Live Record US $6.00 [0 bids]
SOPWITH CAMEL - HELLO HELLO / TREADIN' 45! '66 garage pop HEAR Kama Sutra US $2.99 [0 bids]
AFRICAN MUSIC MACHINE - CAMEL TIME / MR BROWN - UK CONTEMPO EX Funk 2sider HEAR US $14.58 Buy It Now 12h 43m
GREASY TRUCKERS Live At Dingwalls Dancehall HENRY COW GONG CAMEL UK press N-MINT US $49.95 Buy It Now 13h 4m
CAMEL RAIN DANCES JAPAN SHM MINI LP CD + PROMO OBI OUT OF PRINT UICY-94136 US $64.99 Buy It Now 13h 22m
Killawatt - Camel - Killawatt - 2006 #193341 US $6.47 Buy It Now 13h 29m
2014 CAMEL RAIN DANCES JAPAN SHM MINI LP CD HR CUT TURQUOISE BLUE BONUS TRACK US $32.00 Buy It Now 13h 31m
CAMEL I CAN SEE YOUR HOUSE FROM HERE ULTRA RARE CASSETTE TAPE! US $13.54 Buy It Now 14h
Camel Riders - Twisted (2007) (Remixes) - 2007 #224206 US $6.47 Buy It Now 14h 36m
Camel Riders Feat Nkemdi - Twisted - Subliminal #117640 US $6.47 Buy It Now 14h 36m
BOB CROSBY Collectors LP 1939 Radio Set CAMEL CARAVAN US $19.00 Buy It Now 16h 23m
CAMEL - MIRAGE - BONUS TRACK (IMPORT) NEW CD US $40.09 Buy It Now 16h 36m
CAMEL - MOONMADNESS - BONUS TRACK (IMPORT) NEW CD US $40.09 Buy It Now 16h 39m
Stationary Traveller, Camel, Good Import US $25.98 Buy It Now 17h 13m
Camel Mirage LP Deram SML 1107 UK Import US $22.00 [0 bids]
CAMEL Live At BBC In London, 1977 JAPAN SEALED *500 ONLY ORANGE COLORED VINYL* US $26.90 Buy It Now 18h 22m
THE CAMEL DRIVERS "Give It A Try" "Sunday Morning 6 O'Clock 45 Psych Garage US $4.00 Buy It Now 18h 42m
CAMEL-S/T +2-JAPAN SHM-CD D50 US $20.99 Buy It Now 19h 13m
CAMEL - Moonmadness ~ GATEFOLD VINYL LP US $36.47 Buy It Now 19h 23m
GREASY TRUCKERS LIVE AT DINGWALLS -Camel Henry Cow Gong RARE 2 LP US $59.99 Buy It Now 19h 57m
Camel - Nod & A Wink CD US $20.54 Buy It Now 22h 26m
THE CAMEL DRIVERS THE TIDAL WAVE 7" EP POP ROCK PORTUGAL 60 s 1967 US $49.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL MIRAGE MC Made In Poland new&sealed US $10.00 Buy It Now 23h 25m
CAMEL The Snow Goose cassette Poland US $15.99 [0 bids]
BILL ROBIN & BLUE JAYS Camel Walk promo 7" 45rpm tittyshaker US $14.99 Buy It Now 23h 56m
CAMEL - ON THE ROAD 1972 [741299000325] - NEW CD US $13.06 Buy It Now 1 day
PETER KNIGHT camel trainscarlett 7N.15472 uk pye 7" CS EX/EX US $16.38 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL music inspired by the snow goose SKL-R 5207 2W/3W uk decca LP PS EX/EX US $14.58 Buy It Now 1 day
QUARTZ camel in the city PD-1-6203 usa polydor 1979 LP PS EX/EX US $25.30 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL Rain Dances LP Usa Issue Vinyl Album On Passport, With Inner, Pb 9858 (Sm US $19.44 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL Rain Dances LP With Inner, Jxs 7035 (Ex-/Ex, Sleeve Has A Cut Corner And US $16.20 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL-NUDE-Fully Sealed Japanese Import Album With OBI-MINT CONDITION-PROG ROCK US $139.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel Vinyl LP Mirage VG+ US $2.50 [0 bids]
SOPWITH CAMEL - Hello hello CD SEALED Import Sixties PSYCH Kama Sutra US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Sopwith Camel self titled Original LP VG++ vinyl US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Chronicles Sampler Vol 2 Allman/Camel/Rod/Parliament/John Mayall/James Brown US $1.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel(Cassette)Camel-Very Good US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL The Snow Goose prog MINT disc cover in shrink wrap Lp US $10.26 [1 bids]
BENNY GOODMAN AND HIS ORCHESTRA camel caravan broadcasts LP 6 track (jasm2518) u US $8.09 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL single factor LP 11 track with inner (skl5328) uk decca 1982 US $8.09 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL snow goose LP 16 track original 2w/3w matrix (sklr5207) uk decca 1975 US $15.02 Buy It Now 1 day
Nektar Magic is a Child U.S. LP Brooke Shields Camel Eloy Pendragon Recycled Tab US $14.00 [0 bids]
CD* Presure Points // Life In Concert - CAMEL *** WEST GERMAN IMPORT *** US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL RAIN DANCES ex++ / ex+ 1977 UK VINYL LP US $8.11 [0 bids]
Psapp - Camel's Back [Vinyl New] US $32.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ALAN PARSONS PROYECT - Stereotomy - Cassette USA Print 1985 - camel US $3.00 [0 bids]
CAMEL--STATIONARY TRAVELLER--HOLLAND PRESS--1984. US $1.61 [1 bids]
Camel - Snow Goose [CD New] US $9.20 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CAMEL music online Buy CAMEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAMEL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAMEL Echoes ratings distribution

CAMEL Echoes reviews

Review by Chris S
3 stars Excellent double set compilation. Definitely for the completeist Camel fan and for those just wanting the best of a few decades. Sure there are some jewels missing but overall what is on offer is highly listenable. From the excellent Echoes, Freefall, Ice to name a few.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#2449) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 01, 2004

Review by progaardvark
3 stars Back in the 1990s I was just rediscovering what prog was all about and after spending much time perusing the old GEPR web site, I came across a band with a very lengthy discography that I had never heard of before. That band was called Camel. The descriptions made them out to be in the same league as our trusty favorites from that era: Genesis, Yes, ELP, Van der Graaf Generator, etc. As to why I had never heard of them is beyond me. Their music was never played on the radio in the 1980s. Their albums apparently went unnoticed to me as I perused used record stores all those years ago. Thanks to the Internet, another undiscovered gem has graced my ears.

After having found Camel on the Internet, finding them in CD stores was another story (maybe I just live on the wrong part of the planet?). But perseverance and a little luck brought me to Echoes, a 2-CD compilation released in 1993. Right from the first track I could tell I came across something special and right then I knew the descriptions of this band as being one of the best of the 1970s progressive rock era were absolutely true. As the disc continued to play, I became ever more enthralled with my discovery. Freefall, Lady Fantasy, Rhayader, Song Within a Song, and Lunar Sea (one of the greatest songs ever!). What an amazing band this was. Latimer and Bardens were quite a skillful keyboard/guitar duo. Their interplay was impeccable.

Then I started to hear the same signs that many of the prog greats went through. As the disc progressed and then onto the second disc, I literally saw the transformation of a symphonic prog band into a band coerced into making radio-friendly pop rock. In many ways, Camel's transformation was worst than Genesis or Yes. At least for them, I could stand their pop rock. Camel was a different animal altogether. For most of the second disc, it was truly a skipping affair in my CD player.

Even though the second disc of Echoes leaves much to be desired, I still think this is an absolutely wonderful introduction to Camel. After all, it lead me to start acquiring all the important Camel albums of the 1970s. Also the historical notes contained within the accompanying booklet are very well done. However, in the grand scheme of things this compilation isn't for everyone. It's primarily for the uninitiated and completionists. If you're familiar with Camel, I would instead recommend getting their albums from their 1973-1976 period, skip over their 1980s output and jump right into their 1990s-2000s period. For those of you who have never heard of Camel, Echoes is a good start. Three stars.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#163171) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Review by Gatot
4 stars For some reason I played this CD this weekend because I really wanted to play seventies music. And the package of this double CD made me pay attention to grab from my CD shelf, and also because Camel is a definitely a seventies band with one critical member who never left the band: Andy Latimer. It's similar with King Crimson who has always had Robert Fripp as main member. So I spun it and I was amazed with the music, coming from selection of the band's twenty years career from 1972 to 1992, especially with some masterpiece tracks (Lady Fantasy, Rhayader, etc). The beauty of Camel music is basically in its blend of various kinds of music from popo, rock, jazz, classical and symphonic. And each individual album of Camel is basically different from one to another even though Latimer always involved.

AS far as this compilation concern, I recommend you to have this boxed set whether you are newbie or old fans. For newbies, this is an excellent selection of the band's excellent tracks so that it may satisfy you even though it does not represent the whole story of the band. For an old fan this compilation tracks the band's journey in 20 years span of career. The fans must recognize very well with legendary tracks like 'Lady Fantasy' which has everything that requires a band being called as prog band because it has nice changes of style over the span of the song duration.

Great tracks here including "Lady Fantasy" that moves dynamically from one segment to another, coupled with a inventive Hammond organ work. 'Rhayader' and 'Rhayader Goes To Town' are also very nice song followed with 'Lunar Sea". You may find also 'The Sleeper' that has an exploration into jazzy music. 'Hymn to Her' is another legendary track in symphonic style. For those of you who like mellow style, 'Ice' as an excellent one to enjoy.

The CD package come with thick double CD jewel case that is my favorite. The booklet and sleeve note clearly defines the compilation CD and I really enjoy reading the booklet. Recommended!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#244086) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 11, 2009

3 stars Over 140 minutes of Camel are included on this double collection from 1983. Not much is missing from this fine collection that takes us from the very beginnings up to the 1980's Camel. It would really be nitpicking to complain about any missing tracks that someone felt should be included. But, most ... (read more)

Report this review (#752852) | Posted by mohaveman | Sunday, May 13, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I never liked compilations. In my opinion what is nice about separate releases is the whole feeling they have. Especially in progressive a band can change completely from one release to another and this has even been a problem in categorizing prog bands making it difficult to put them to only ... (read more)

Report this review (#91363) | Posted by sularetal | Saturday, September 23, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This box-set is a wonderfull collection on Camel long career to 1993. Thereīre two very simple divisions here: Disc1: Camel more progressive side; Disc2: Camel well into the 80īs with his pros and cons, a decade full of changes for prog music. More prog oriented brains donīt like disc 2 just f ... (read more)

Report this review (#38020) | Posted by | Wednesday, June 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I would caution the listener who wants to get an introduction to Camel, due to the varying quality of the music spanning Camel's long career. There are some great tracks throughout the compilation, like Skylines, Whispers In The Rain, Echoes and The Sleeper, and many of the tracks on side 1, b ... (read more)

Report this review (#2452) | Posted by EMinkovitch | Monday, March 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A good compilation as it starts at the beginning of Camels career and takes it through the many personnel changes and changes of styles from the symphonic prog of the 70's through the more pop oriented sounds of the 80s. The first CD with the older material is going to appeal more to a serious ... (read more)

Report this review (#2451) | Posted by mikem | Monday, March 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Wonderful music, wrapped in a very well produced box set. It takes you through several phases of the band, with lots of information. It is incredible to me how long has lasted Andy Latimerīs musical creativity. I really donīt know any other musician that composed so much good material for more ... (read more)

Report this review (#2450) | Posted by mauriciov | Sunday, March 20, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars The first disc starts of great "Never let go" and "Freefall" are early Camel classics, but after this the music slowly starts changing. The melody and the subtle Camel style is influenced by the 80s. One wonders what happened to them at this phase. Disc 2 highlights the very best from the '80s which ... (read more)

Report this review (#2448) | Posted by | Thursday, March 04, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAMEL "Echoes"