ECHOES

3. Lady Fantasy (12:43)
-Encounter
-Smiles for You lady Fantasy
4. Rhayader (3:23)
5. Rhayader goes to Town (4:58)
6. Song Within a song (7:12)
7. Air Born (5:02)
CD 2: (73:07)
1. Breathless (4:19)
2. Echoes (7:17)
3. The Sleeper (7:02)
4. Your love is Stranger than Mine (3:22)
5. Hymn to Her (5:36)
6. Ice (10:10)
7. Drafter (4:17)
8. Lies (4:58)
9. Sasquatch (4:41)
10. You are the One (5:22)
11. Refugee (3:45)
12. West Berlin (5:08)
13. Mother TRoad (4:16)
14. Whispers in the Rain (2:54)

Search CAMEL Echoes lyrics

Search CAMEL Echoes tabs

- Kit Watkins / keyboards
- Phil Collins / percussion
- Anthony Phillips / guitar (12 String)
- Rupert Hine / vocals
- Duncan Mackay / keyboards
- Simon Phillips / drums
- Ton Scherpenzeel / synthesizer, piano, accordion
- David Paton / bass
- Pete Bardens / organ, synthesizer, piano, keyboards, piano (electric), vocals, clavinet, Moog synthesizer, mellotron, Arp
- Colin Bass / bass, vocals
- Christopher Bock / drums
- Paul Burgess / drums
- Mel Collins / clarinet, flute, saxophone, sax (Alto)
- Martin Drover / Flugel horn
- Brian Eno / piano, Moog synthesizer, bells
- Doug Ferguson / bass, vocals
- Malcolm Griffiths / trombone
- Graham Jarvis / drums
- Andy Latimer / synthesizer, flute, guitar, piano, recorder, vocals, Moog synthesizer, Fretless bass
- Jan Schelhaas / keyboards
- Richard Sinclair / bass, vocals
- Andy Ward / percussion, drums
- Don Harris / keyboards

CAMEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAMEL Echoes Music

Paris CollectionParis Collection
Camel Productions 2001
Harbour of TearsHarbour of Tears
Camel Productions 2006
v/a ROCK 'N ROLL MUSIC-HOLLIES/SOPWITH CAMEL/DANNY WILLIAMS/ETC...NEW SEALED 2LP US $8.98 Buy It Now 36m 27s
CAMEL Rain Dances 1st US Vinyl lp VG++ 1977 Passport PB 9858 US $9.99 [0 bids]
DAVID SEVILLE - GOTTA GET TO YOUR HOUSE/CAMEL ROCK - 1957 US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
CAMEL Moonmadness JAPAN LTD MINI LP 2SHM-CD DELUXE EDITION US $27.00 [2 bids]
CAMEL Pressure Points Live in Concert JAPAN LTD MINI LP SHM-CD SEALED US $24.99 [1 bids]
Jack Blanchard Misty Morgan 45 Humphrey the Camel US $2.00 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Camel - Under Age [Vinyl New] US $48.98 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Peter Gee-Heart Of David Progressive Rock Camel Genesis 1993 SI Music BRAND NEW US $86.74 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Camel self-titled 1st LP UK press MCA stereo 1973 Peter Bardens prog rock VG+ US $15.50 [2 bids]
Camel - The Snow Goose - LP ('75 JXS 7016) US $10.22 Buy It Now 4h 2m
CAMEL - UNDER AGE (IMPORT) NEW VINYL US $65.68 Buy It Now 5h 14m
CAMEL IS TOP CIGARETTES VINTAGE CAMEL DANCE SONG PROMO FLOPPY RECORD AD US $59.99 Buy It Now 5h 19m
Kayak - Anywhere but Here +1 (SHM-CD) (Camel, Earth and fire) US $36.99 Buy It Now 5h 56m
Peter Frampton Framton's Camel 1973 Press Original, EXC, Steam Clean, A+ SOUND US $6.99 [0 bids]
PSAPP - THE CAMEL'S BACK (2009) CD *NR MINT - LOW SHIP! US $3.98 Buy It Now 7h 7m
FRENZAL RHOMB - A MAN'S NOT A CAMEL - CD - New US $19.65 Buy It Now 7h 34m
Blue Camel Rabih Abou-Khalil Vinyl OOP ENJA ENJ-7053 1 NEW UNPLAYED US $350.00 Buy It Now 7h 39m
CAMEL Harbour Of Tears Japan CD OBI '96 PCCY-00864 US $9.99 [1 bids]
THE ORIGINAL STARFIRES "Fender Bender/Camel Walk" on APT! GREAT EARLY ROCK! US $5.00 [0 bids]
? Pete Bardens - Seen One Earth (of Camel, Them) (Peter Bardens) US $14.99 Buy It Now 9h 31m
Sopwith Camel 45 rpm 217 Hello Hello / Treadin US $6.00 [0 bids]
CAMEL / RAIN DANCES / CASSETTE TAPE / Janus Records (1977) US $5.95 [0 bids]
CAMEL Rain Dances LP US prog.rock ORGINAL press NMint- US $9.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL I Can See Your House from Here LP US prog.rock ORGINAL 1st US press MINT- US $12.99 [0 bids]
BENNY GOODMAN: Camel Caravans !!! Sandy Hook Records, Like New Condition !!! US $3.00 [0 bids]
TERRY RILEY SHRI CAMEL CBS/SONY 25AC 1019 Japanese Pressing Vinyl LP US $4.96 [5 bids]
12h
The Sopwith Camel: s/t (ORIG Kama Sutra MONO LP) beautiful VG++ psych garage US $29.85 Buy It Now 12h 3m
THE SOPWITH CAMEL - HELLO HELLO // TREADIN' - ORIGINAL VG+ US $4.00 [0 bids]
CAMEL Self Titled/Same LP Import UK US $39.99 Buy It Now 12h 6m
Shri Camel by Terry Riley (Composer), Terry Riley (CD, Mar-1988, Columbia (USA)) US $5.99 Buy It Now 12h 41m
The Maytones Since You Left Camel PAMA Skinhead Reggae 45 LISTEN US $16.00 [0 bids]
13h
Camel-"Breathless"-(Cassette,1978,Arista Records)-Rare Progressive Rock Cassette US $6.35 [0 bids]
CAMEL Breathless LP EX US $4.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL A Live Record 2 LP US prog.rock ORGINAL UK Decca BLUE IMPORT press NMint- US $14.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL Moonmadness LP US prog.rock ORGINAL US press GATEFOLD cover US $7.99 [0 bids]
PETER FRAMPTON - FRAMPTON CAMEL: (VG+) Vinyl Record w/ Near Mint Poster, Lp, 12" US $2.99 [0 bids]
FRAMPTONS CAMEL Self Titled LP EX 1973 US $9.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL - BREATHLESS (IMPORT) (IMPORT) NEW CD US $18.59 Buy It Now 15h 57m
CAMEL PRESSURE POINTS LIVE IN CONCERT JAPAN MADE SHM MINI LP CD OOP UICY-94143 US $28.99 Buy It Now 16h 6m
silver camel 12":TROPICAL BREEZE-so naive (hear) US $25.64 Buy It Now 16h 49m
CAMEL - "Harbour Of Tears" CD 1996 ORIG 1st US INDY PRESS w/ CP Form - RARE US $25.88 Buy It Now 17h 41m
EX- !! Terry Riley/Shri Camel/1980 CBS LP/German issue US $75.25 Buy It Now 17h 49m
CAMEL DRIVERS 'Give It A Try' 1968 unplayed Promo 45 HEAR! US $11.99 Buy It Now 18h 52m
THE BEST OF CAMEL AN OASIS OF SOUNDS REGGAE SKA BLUEBEAT ROCKSTEADY ORIG UK PAMA US $684.06 Buy It Now 19h 43m
Camel - Breathless [CD New] US $13.58 Buy It Now 19h 56m
PETER FRAMPTON'S CAMEL 1973 JAPAN mini lp SHM CD HUMBLE PIE SEALED NEW US $29.99 Buy It Now 19h 59m
CAMEL I Can See Your House From Here ( Prog ) US $6.57 [0 bids]
CAMEL - I Can See Your House From Here ~ VINYL LP US $25.64 Buy It Now 20h
CAMEL - The Snow Goose ~ VINYL LP + INSERT US $61.55 Buy It Now 20h
CAMEL snow goose CD 16 track west german pressing but has scratch to silver cent US $11.06 Buy It Now 20h 28m
Psapp, The camel's back CD Album US $6.82 Buy It Now 21h 14m
CAMEL Cloak And Dagger Man - 1984 UK Decca 12" vinyl single EXCELLENT CONDITION US $42.74 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL Rain Dances CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel - Moonmadness - Rare NM 1976 UK First Pressing LP with P-1/P-1 Matrices US $17.10 [1 bids]
PETE BARDENS Seen One Earth CD Japan 8 tracks Capitol CP32-5502 Camel US $14.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL---MOONMADNESS US $7.00 [0 bids]
CAMEL - Rain Dances (CD 1991) 5th album w/ Richard Sinclair US $7.77 [0 bids]
CAMEL - Breathless (CD 1992) 6th album w/ Richard Sinclair US $7.77 [0 bids]
CAMEL - I Can See Your House From Here (CD 1990) 7th album w/ Kit Watkins US $9.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL - Nude (CD 1983) 8th album w/ Duncan Mackay US $9.99 [0 bids]
Camel Breathless Japan pressing cd with obi pocd-1827 US $16.99 [0 bids]
AFRICAN MUSIC MACHINE - CAMEL TIME/MR BROWN - CONTEMPO US $17.10 [0 bids]
CAMEL A LIVE RECORD LP 1978 DECCA DBC R7 FFSS LIGGING AT LOUIS STEREO US $8.53 [0 bids]
Maryson "Master Magician I" CD Symphonic Prog Rock Camel Focus Jethro Tull US $5.50 [2 bids]
Nude, Camel, New Import US $14.10 Buy It Now 1 day
PETER FRAMPTON-FRAMPTON'S CAMEL US $1.29 [0 bids]
RARE 45 COSTA RICA IN SPANISH =THE POLICE= STING DE DO DE DA / BEHIND MY CAMEL US $9.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL-RAIN DANCES-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Frampton's Camel - Self-Titled S/T, 1973 Rock LP, VG+, 1980's Pressing, Peter US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel - Pressure Points - Live In Conc NEW CD US $19.89 Buy It Now 1 day
PETER BARDENS The Answer RARE ORIG VERVE FORECAST PROMO LP '70 camel them psychf US $59.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL Rain Dance 1991 OOP CD Japan US $17.67 [1 bids]
CAMEL Breathless 1991 OOP CD Japan US $17.67 [1 bids]
CAMEL/rain dances/1977 german lp US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
7"-Single CAMEL - Cloak And Dagger Man (1984) MINT- GERMANY PS / LARGE HOLE US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL-MOONMADNESS -JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD Ltd/Ed I50 US $43.50 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL-MOONMADNESS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL-THE SNOW GOOSE-JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD Ltd/Ed I50 US $43.50 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL-RAIN DANCES-JAPAN MINI LP PLATINUM SHM-CD Ltd/Ed I50 US $43.50 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL-THE SNOW GOOSE-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD Ltd/Ed G00 US $31.50 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL Stationary Traveller Vinyl LP DECCA SKL5334 1984 US $47.87 Buy It Now 1 day
SOPWITH CAMEL 45 Postcard From Jamaica / Little Orphan Annie - NM US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL: I Can See Your House From Here LP ARISTA RECORDS AB4254 US 1979 PROMO NM US $11.69 Buy It Now 1 day
The Miraculous Hump Returns from the Moon * by The Sopwith Camel (CD,... US $19.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL - GOLDEN COLLECTION 2000 (OOP CD) US $12.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL-MOONMADNESS-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-SACD Ltd/Ed K25 US $48.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Police De Do Do Do De Da Da Da Behind My Camel A&M Records AMP-713 1980 US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL-I CAN SEE YOUR HOUSE FROM HERE-JAPAN SHM-CD D50 US $20.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A.B. SKHY - CAMEL BACK -SPECIAL DJ PROMO SUPER FUNK MINT- W/ PICTURE SLEEVE US $29.50 [0 bids]
FRAMPTON'S CAMEL A4 size 21x30cm advert 1973 cutting/clipping US $20.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Hopewell - Needle In The Camel's Eye 7 Inch Single [Vinyl New] US $6.98 Buy It Now 1 day
The Snow Goose by Camel [Vinyl VG++ / VG+] US $31.50 Buy It Now 1 day
God of Light: 1973-1975 by Camel CD, Aug-2002 PCCY-01600 Pony Canyon NO OBI US $9.99 [0 bids]
Ultra Rare Termites Ill Be Waiting Skinhead Reggae Camel 45 Boss Listen US $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL-RAIN DANCES-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-SACD Ltd/Ed K25 US $48.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PETE BARDENS - Lot of 2 SEALED cassettes PROG Camel - Water colors / Further US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Retrospectiva Amarok prog Enya Camel King Crimson ELP US $13.99 [0 bids]
Camel Rock by Chuck Pyle (CD, Apr-1995, Bee 'N Flower Music) US $4.00 [0 bids]
*NM+* Camel "Mirage" LP Passport Records PB 9855 w/ Deram Cover RARE !!!! US $9.99 [0 bids]
Camel Nude Japan US $35.00 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CAMEL music online Buy CAMEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAMEL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAMEL Echoes ratings distribution

CAMEL Echoes reviews

Review by Chris S
3 stars Excellent double set compilation. Definitely for the completeist Camel fan and for those just wanting the best of a few decades. Sure there are some jewels missing but overall what is on offer is highly listenable. From the excellent Echoes, Freefall, Ice to name a few.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#2449) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 01, 2004

Review by progaardvark
3 stars Back in the 1990s I was just rediscovering what prog was all about and after spending much time perusing the old GEPR web site, I came across a band with a very lengthy discography that I had never heard of before. That band was called Camel. The descriptions made them out to be in the same league as our trusty favorites from that era: Genesis, Yes, ELP, Van der Graaf Generator, etc. As to why I had never heard of them is beyond me. Their music was never played on the radio in the 1980s. Their albums apparently went unnoticed to me as I perused used record stores all those years ago. Thanks to the Internet, another undiscovered gem has graced my ears.

After having found Camel on the Internet, finding them in CD stores was another story (maybe I just live on the wrong part of the planet?). But perseverance and a little luck brought me to Echoes, a 2-CD compilation released in 1993. Right from the first track I could tell I came across something special and right then I knew the descriptions of this band as being one of the best of the 1970s progressive rock era were absolutely true. As the disc continued to play, I became ever more enthralled with my discovery. Freefall, Lady Fantasy, Rhayader, Song Within a Song, and Lunar Sea (one of the greatest songs ever!). What an amazing band this was. Latimer and Bardens were quite a skillful keyboard/guitar duo. Their interplay was impeccable.

Then I started to hear the same signs that many of the prog greats went through. As the disc progressed and then onto the second disc, I literally saw the transformation of a symphonic prog band into a band coerced into making radio-friendly pop rock. In many ways, Camel's transformation was worst than Genesis or Yes. At least for them, I could stand their pop rock. Camel was a different animal altogether. For most of the second disc, it was truly a skipping affair in my CD player.

Even though the second disc of Echoes leaves much to be desired, I still think this is an absolutely wonderful introduction to Camel. After all, it lead me to start acquiring all the important Camel albums of the 1970s. Also the historical notes contained within the accompanying booklet are very well done. However, in the grand scheme of things this compilation isn't for everyone. It's primarily for the uninitiated and completionists. If you're familiar with Camel, I would instead recommend getting their albums from their 1973-1976 period, skip over their 1980s output and jump right into their 1990s-2000s period. For those of you who have never heard of Camel, Echoes is a good start. Three stars.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#163171) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Review by Gatot
4 stars For some reason I played this CD this weekend because I really wanted to play seventies music. And the package of this double CD made me pay attention to grab from my CD shelf, and also because Camel is a definitely a seventies band with one critical member who never left the band: Andy Latimer. It's similar with King Crimson who has always had Robert Fripp as main member. So I spun it and I was amazed with the music, coming from selection of the band's twenty years career from 1972 to 1992, especially with some masterpiece tracks (Lady Fantasy, Rhayader, etc). The beauty of Camel music is basically in its blend of various kinds of music from popo, rock, jazz, classical and symphonic. And each individual album of Camel is basically different from one to another even though Latimer always involved.

AS far as this compilation concern, I recommend you to have this boxed set whether you are newbie or old fans. For newbies, this is an excellent selection of the band's excellent tracks so that it may satisfy you even though it does not represent the whole story of the band. For an old fan this compilation tracks the band's journey in 20 years span of career. The fans must recognize very well with legendary tracks like 'Lady Fantasy' which has everything that requires a band being called as prog band because it has nice changes of style over the span of the song duration.

Great tracks here including "Lady Fantasy" that moves dynamically from one segment to another, coupled with a inventive Hammond organ work. 'Rhayader' and 'Rhayader Goes To Town' are also very nice song followed with 'Lunar Sea". You may find also 'The Sleeper' that has an exploration into jazzy music. 'Hymn to Her' is another legendary track in symphonic style. For those of you who like mellow style, 'Ice' as an excellent one to enjoy.

The CD package come with thick double CD jewel case that is my favorite. The booklet and sleeve note clearly defines the compilation CD and I really enjoy reading the booklet. Recommended!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#244086) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 11, 2009

3 stars Over 140 minutes of Camel are included on this double collection from 1983. Not much is missing from this fine collection that takes us from the very beginnings up to the 1980's Camel. It would really be nitpicking to complain about any missing tracks that someone felt should be included. But, most ... (read more)

Report this review (#752852) | Posted by mohaveman | Sunday, May 13, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I never liked compilations. In my opinion what is nice about separate releases is the whole feeling they have. Especially in progressive a band can change completely from one release to another and this has even been a problem in categorizing prog bands making it difficult to put them to only ... (read more)

Report this review (#91363) | Posted by sularetal | Saturday, September 23, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This box-set is a wonderfull collection on Camel long career to 1993. Thereīre two very simple divisions here: Disc1: Camel more progressive side; Disc2: Camel well into the 80īs with his pros and cons, a decade full of changes for prog music. More prog oriented brains donīt like disc 2 just f ... (read more)

Report this review (#38020) | Posted by | Wednesday, June 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I would caution the listener who wants to get an introduction to Camel, due to the varying quality of the music spanning Camel's long career. There are some great tracks throughout the compilation, like Skylines, Whispers In The Rain, Echoes and The Sleeper, and many of the tracks on side 1, b ... (read more)

Report this review (#2452) | Posted by EMinkovitch | Monday, March 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A good compilation as it starts at the beginning of Camels career and takes it through the many personnel changes and changes of styles from the symphonic prog of the 70's through the more pop oriented sounds of the 80s. The first CD with the older material is going to appeal more to a serious ... (read more)

Report this review (#2451) | Posted by mikem | Monday, March 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Wonderful music, wrapped in a very well produced box set. It takes you through several phases of the band, with lots of information. It is incredible to me how long has lasted Andy Latimerīs musical creativity. I really donīt know any other musician that composed so much good material for more ... (read more)

Report this review (#2450) | Posted by mauriciov | Sunday, March 20, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars The first disc starts of great "Never let go" and "Freefall" are early Camel classics, but after this the music slowly starts changing. The melody and the subtle Camel style is influenced by the 80s. One wonders what happened to them at this phase. Disc 2 highlights the very best from the '80s which ... (read more)

Report this review (#2448) | Posted by | Thursday, March 04, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAMEL "Echoes"