ECHOES

3. Lady Fantasy (12:43)
-Encounter
-Smiles for You lady Fantasy
4. Rhayader (3:23)
5. Rhayader goes to Town (4:58)
6. Song Within a song (7:12)
7. Air Born (5:02)
CD 2: (73:07)
1. Breathless (4:19)
2. Echoes (7:17)
3. The Sleeper (7:02)
4. Your love is Stranger than Mine (3:22)
5. Hymn to Her (5:36)
6. Ice (10:10)
7. Drafter (4:17)
8. Lies (4:58)
9. Sasquatch (4:41)
10. You are the One (5:22)
11. Refugee (3:45)
12. West Berlin (5:08)
13. Mother TRoad (4:16)
14. Whispers in the Rain (2:54)

Search CAMEL Echoes lyrics

Search CAMEL Echoes tabs

- Kit Watkins / keyboards
- Phil Collins / percussion
- Anthony Phillips / guitar (12 String)
- Rupert Hine / vocals
- Duncan Mackay / keyboards
- Simon Phillips / drums
- Ton Scherpenzeel / synthesizer, piano, accordion
- David Paton / bass
- Pete Bardens / organ, synthesizer, piano, keyboards, piano (electric), vocals, clavinet, Moog synthesizer, mellotron, Arp
- Colin Bass / bass, vocals
- Christopher Bock / drums
- Paul Burgess / drums
- Mel Collins / clarinet, flute, saxophone, sax (Alto)
- Martin Drover / Flugel horn
- Brian Eno / piano, Moog synthesizer, bells
- Doug Ferguson / bass, vocals
- Malcolm Griffiths / trombone
- Graham Jarvis / drums
- Andy Latimer / synthesizer, flute, guitar, piano, recorder, vocals, Moog synthesizer, Fretless bass
- Jan Schelhaas / keyboards
- Richard Sinclair / bass, vocals
- Andy Ward / percussion, drums
- Don Harris / keyboards

CAMEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAMEL Echoes Music

NudeNude
London Records
A Nod and a WinkA Nod and a Wink
Camel Productions 2005
GRACE GALE - FEW EASY STEPS TO SECURE HELI-CAMEL SAFETY - NEW CD US $6.59 Buy It Now 56m 57s
CAMEL - A LIVE RECORD DBC-R7/8 FULL FREQUENCY STEREOPHONIC SOUND 1978 US $16.12 Buy It Now 1h 20m
CAMEL - MOONMADNESS GATEFOLD LP TXS-R 115 1976 PROGRESSIVE ROCK 1ST PRESSING US $16.12 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Camel : Master Series CD (2000) US $13.31 Buy It Now 1h 26m
CAMEL "Breathless" Orig LP 1978 EXCELLENT Clean DJ COPY! US $0.99 [0 bids]
FORCE 7 lifeline 12" 2 trk b/w catwalk dub (sc002) silver camel company sleeve u US $8.45 Buy It Now 3h 16m
The Camel and the Monkey / The Princess and the Pea; 78 RPM PicturTone Record US $7.49 [0 bids]
CAMEL MIRAGE CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P! US $145.18 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Camel - Echoes (The Retrospective, 1999) 2 CD BOX SET -FREE FASTPOST US $29.02 Buy It Now 5h 2m
SOPWITH CAMEL LP NM VINYL KAMA SUTRA 1967/PSYCH US $9.99 Buy It Now 5h 19m
Coming of Age - Camel New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $34.15 Buy It Now 6h
Frampton's Camel Original Vinyl Lp Stereo NEW Factory Sealed US $39.99 [0 bids]
Camel "NUDE" on Passport records PB 6008 excellent condition US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 10m
Prog Rock Cd Lot (Camel, Gentle Giant, Yes, Steve Hillage, Wakeman) US $15.00 [1 bids]
Camel - Camel NEW CD US $8.87 Buy It Now 7h 35m
Echoes: The Retrospective by Camel (CD, Jul-1993, 2 Discs, Deram (USA)) US $20.02 [0 bids]
CAMEL FOOTAGE - NEW DVD US $26.07 Buy It Now 7h 50m
Sopwith Camel Self Titled 12 Tracks Very Good Condition CD US $34.99 Buy It Now 7h 59m
LOT OF 5 ORIGINAL UK PRESSING REGGAE 45'S SKINHEAD TROJAN CAMEL DUKE ATTACK US $50.01 [9 bids]
CAMEL - MOONMADNESS [DELUXE EDITION] [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD BOXSET US $19.41 Buy It Now 8h 51m
CAMEL RARE '81 'NUDE' Tour Badge From 1981 Hammersmitn Odeon Gig US $16.13 [0 bids]
The Sopwith "Camel" 45 Treadin'/Hello Hello Kama Sutra #KA217 US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 26m
GARAGE PSYCH 45 - THE SOPWITH CAMEL - POSTCARD FROM JAMAICA - PIC SLEEVE US $5.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL - THE SNOW GOOSE UK DECCA 7 inch Single VG+ US $8.05 Buy It Now 12h 27m
Camel Rock by Chuck Pyle (CD, Apr-1995, Bee 'N Flower Music) US $4.00 Buy It Now 14h
GLENDON & MAXINE FALOON SING CAMEL TRAIN, EAB 123074 CHARLESTON US $40.99 Buy It Now 14h 2m
Rain Dances - Camel New & Sealed SHM-CD Free Shipping US $37.70 Buy It Now 14h 5m
Shri Camel by Terry Riley (Composer), Terry Riley (CD, Mar-1988, Columbia (USA)) US $5.99 [0 bids]
DJ SHADOW - Live Camel Bobsled Race - Rare Original UK Pressing 1997 EP VG+ US $15.50 [4 bids]
SOPWITH CAMEL, THE: Postcard From Jamaica/Little Orphan Annie rock US $15.00 Buy It Now 15h 26m
Mirage [ Bonus Tracks] [Remaster] by Camel (CD, Jun-2002, Universal/Um3) US $2.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL LP ~ I Can See Your House From Here ~ 1980 Arista orig. photo inner VG+ US $3.50 [0 bids]
Peter Bardens-Speed Of Light-RARE PROMO-PRISTINE LP NEAR MINT!w/sleeve!CAMEL!! US $5.98 Buy It Now 15h 56m
Camel - ON THE ROAD 1972 - US Lady Fantasy White Rider Prog CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 16h
FRAMPTON'S CAMEL 1973 US $1.49 [0 bids]
SOPWITH CAMEL THE MIRACULOUS HUMP RETURNS FROM THE MOON LP 915 US $29.99 Buy It Now 16h 11m
CAMEL - CAMEL [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $9.38 Buy It Now 16h 27m
God of Light: 1973-1975 by Camel CD, Aug-2002 PCCY-01600 Pony Canyon NO OBI US $9.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL-PRESSURE POINTS - CAMEL LIVE IN CONCERT-10 TRACK CD 1984 LONDON LABEL-RARE US $22.62 Buy It Now 16h 42m
RaRe Import CAMEL I Can See Your House From Here Promo LP + Insert US $17.99 Buy It Now 17h 8m
Camel: The Snow Goose (Japan SHM-SACD Super Audio CD) US $178.17 [0 bids]
Camel 1st self titled LP UK Import MUPS 473 7lnmg 275 2 L US $41.00 [0 bids]
Camel/self titled/new cd/bonus tracks US $24.99 Buy It Now 17h 33m
Peter Bardens Heart to Heart Japan Mini LP Camel US $9.99 [0 bids]
Giuffria MCA-5524 1984 Camel Records Do Me Right, Call To The Heart, Dance, Lone US $4.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL - RAJAZ. JAPAN.OBI US $5.99 [1 bids]
Tiger - Guilty/Funny Funny Man Pama Camel 1971 Skinhead Reggae VG US $19.99 Buy It Now 20h 33m
Few Easy Steps to Secure Heli-Camel Safety, Grace Gale, Very Good US $3.50 Buy It Now 22h 59m
CAMEL RAIN DANCES ISRAELI 1st PRESS LP PAX ISRAEL US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel-Nude-Lp -a2 b1 -SKL5323-VG+ US $12.89 [0 bids]
Camel-self named-Lp -a1 b1 -MCF2665-Garrod lofthouse Ltd cover US $12.89 [0 bids]
Camel - Snow Goose [CD New] US $21.42 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel - Nude Vinyl lp Very Good+ Condition SKL5323 DECCA Gatefold US $14.44 Buy It Now 1 day
SOPWITH CAMEL"The Miraculous Hump Returns ...." Reprise #MS 2108 (gatefold) NM US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL-Mirage-'74 UK PROGRESSIVE-NEW CD US $32.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel Odeon Theatre Birmingham Monday 3rd October Ticket 1977 Ex US $8.07 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL "NUDE" 1981 ORIGINAL HOLLAND PRESS DECCA 6939 110 GATEFOLD MINT LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL Nude RARE SPANISH CASSETTE spanish tittles SPAIN US $19.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Kiss Destroyer LP Vinyl & Jacket Casablanca Records NBLP7025 1976 Brown camel US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel Arista Prog DJ LP 1978 US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel - Single Factor (NEW CD) US $18.94 Buy It Now 1 day
MICHAEL CARVIN QUINTET The Camel LP - 1975 STEEPLE CHASE DENMARK W/Poster US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel - 2 Japan Cd Mini LP Albums: The Snow Goose & Moonmadness UICY-9045/6 US $40.00 [0 bids]
Terry Riley Shri Camel CBS M35164 RARE US $77.70 Buy It Now 1 day
LP-Kayak-Royal Bed Bouncer~'75 Dutch PROG Killer LP ~Camel YES US $14.99 [0 bids]
Camel - Nude - Passport label US $8.00 [0 bids]
PETE BARDENS Heart To Heart JAPAN MINI LP CD CAMEL US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LP-Pete Bardens "SPEED OF LIGHT" 1988 Ex-Camel KB w/ Mick Fleetwood Cinema recs US $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Stationary Traveller by Camel (CD, Jul-1989, Decca (USA)) US $4.50 [0 bids]
Dust and Dreams by Camel (CD, Apr-1992, Camel Productions) US $13.50 [0 bids]
Nektar Magic is a Child U.S. LP Brooke Shields Camel Eloy Pendragon Recycled Tab US $9.50 [0 bids]
THE FOUNDATION DEPARTURE CD + 2 BONUS TRACKS IN THE VEIN OF EARLY CAMEL US $40.00 Buy It Now 1 day
QUARTZ: Camel In The City (soul vinyl LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
PETER FRAMPTON "Frampton's Camel" LP 1973 A&M records Humble Pie VG++ Vinyl US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Breathless (Exp.+Remastert) - Camel New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $32.21 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL Moonmadness 1976 UK Vinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION US $36.28 Buy It Now 1 day
1970's Walt Disney Read Along Kit " How The Camel Got His Hump" complete set US $8.00 [0 bids]
A. B. SKHY inst.rock 45 w/ps CAMEL BACK long version / short version~ M- to VG++ US $18.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel . The Snow Goose . 2011 . NM . MOVLP382 . 180 Gram Vinyl Import LP  US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KILLAWATT camel thai chilli 12" WS EX/ uk killawatt KWT001 US $14.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel Cigarette CollectiblesTru Blues Cd 1996 RCA/BMG 12 songs Rockin the Blues US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE LATINAIRES Camel Walk FANIA RECORDS Sealed Vinyl Record LP US $14.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - POSTCARD SET # 1 - concert posters, promos etc - NEW US $8.05 [0 bids]
CAMEL - CAMEL 2002 UK REMASTERED CD * NEW * US $11.28 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL " THE SNOW GOOSE " 1975 DECCA VINYL LP WITH INSERT US $8.05 [0 bids]
ERIC FATTER/Since You've Been Gone WINSTON HINES/Cool Down 45 CAMEL CA20 UK 1969 US $8.05 [0 bids]
SOPWITH CAMEL--PICTURE SLEEVE + 45--(POSTCARD FROM JAMAICA)--PS--PIC---SLV US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Frampton's Camel - Self-Titled S/T,1973 Rock LP, VG+, w/ Poster, 1980's Pressing US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel Slow yourself Down MCA 1601 UK Vinyl LP N/Mint US $22.93 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL I Can See Your House From Here LP US $24.20 Buy It Now 1 day
PSAPP - THE CAMEL'S BACK (2009) DOMINO CD *NEW US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel Moon Madness Decca TXS R 115 UK Import LP gatefold US $18.00 [0 bids]
? Pete Bardens - Speed Light (of Camel, Them) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JNS-2 CAMEL Rain Dances OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $15.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL PRESSURE POINTS LIVE IN CONCERT JAPAN MADE SHM MINI LP CD OOP UICY-94143 US $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PANSY DIVISION Touch My Joe Camel RARE 7" 45 LOOKOUT Records US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Peter Frampton Lp Framptons Camel US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE SAXONS Camel Walk Part 1 & 2 7" VINYL GARAGE ROCK MAD MIKE US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
camel l.p. stationary traveller.............. 1984 US $12.00 [0 bids]
SOPWITH CAMEL 1967 SEALED LP SELF TITLED KAMA SUTRA KLPS8060 1ST PRESS EXCELLENT US $29.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy CAMEL music online Buy CAMEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAMEL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAMEL Echoes ratings distribution

CAMEL Echoes reviews

Review by Chris S
3 stars Excellent double set compilation. Definitely for the completeist Camel fan and for those just wanting the best of a few decades. Sure there are some jewels missing but overall what is on offer is highly listenable. From the excellent Echoes, Freefall, Ice to name a few.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#2449) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 01, 2004

Review by progaardvark
3 stars Back in the 1990s I was just rediscovering what prog was all about and after spending much time perusing the old GEPR web site, I came across a band with a very lengthy discography that I had never heard of before. That band was called Camel. The descriptions made them out to be in the same league as our trusty favorites from that era: Genesis, Yes, ELP, Van der Graaf Generator, etc. As to why I had never heard of them is beyond me. Their music was never played on the radio in the 1980s. Their albums apparently went unnoticed to me as I perused used record stores all those years ago. Thanks to the Internet, another undiscovered gem has graced my ears.

After having found Camel on the Internet, finding them in CD stores was another story (maybe I just live on the wrong part of the planet?). But perseverance and a little luck brought me to Echoes, a 2-CD compilation released in 1993. Right from the first track I could tell I came across something special and right then I knew the descriptions of this band as being one of the best of the 1970s progressive rock era were absolutely true. As the disc continued to play, I became ever more enthralled with my discovery. Freefall, Lady Fantasy, Rhayader, Song Within a Song, and Lunar Sea (one of the greatest songs ever!). What an amazing band this was. Latimer and Bardens were quite a skillful keyboard/guitar duo. Their interplay was impeccable.

Then I started to hear the same signs that many of the prog greats went through. As the disc progressed and then onto the second disc, I literally saw the transformation of a symphonic prog band into a band coerced into making radio-friendly pop rock. In many ways, Camel's transformation was worst than Genesis or Yes. At least for them, I could stand their pop rock. Camel was a different animal altogether. For most of the second disc, it was truly a skipping affair in my CD player.

Even though the second disc of Echoes leaves much to be desired, I still think this is an absolutely wonderful introduction to Camel. After all, it lead me to start acquiring all the important Camel albums of the 1970s. Also the historical notes contained within the accompanying booklet are very well done. However, in the grand scheme of things this compilation isn't for everyone. It's primarily for the uninitiated and completionists. If you're familiar with Camel, I would instead recommend getting their albums from their 1973-1976 period, skip over their 1980s output and jump right into their 1990s-2000s period. For those of you who have never heard of Camel, Echoes is a good start. Three stars.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#163171) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Review by Gatot
4 stars For some reason I played this CD this weekend because I really wanted to play seventies music. And the package of this double CD made me pay attention to grab from my CD shelf, and also because Camel is a definitely a seventies band with one critical member who never left the band: Andy Latimer. It's similar with King Crimson who has always had Robert Fripp as main member. So I spun it and I was amazed with the music, coming from selection of the band's twenty years career from 1972 to 1992, especially with some masterpiece tracks (Lady Fantasy, Rhayader, etc). The beauty of Camel music is basically in its blend of various kinds of music from popo, rock, jazz, classical and symphonic. And each individual album of Camel is basically different from one to another even though Latimer always involved.

AS far as this compilation concern, I recommend you to have this boxed set whether you are newbie or old fans. For newbies, this is an excellent selection of the band's excellent tracks so that it may satisfy you even though it does not represent the whole story of the band. For an old fan this compilation tracks the band's journey in 20 years span of career. The fans must recognize very well with legendary tracks like 'Lady Fantasy' which has everything that requires a band being called as prog band because it has nice changes of style over the span of the song duration.

Great tracks here including "Lady Fantasy" that moves dynamically from one segment to another, coupled with a inventive Hammond organ work. 'Rhayader' and 'Rhayader Goes To Town' are also very nice song followed with 'Lunar Sea". You may find also 'The Sleeper' that has an exploration into jazzy music. 'Hymn to Her' is another legendary track in symphonic style. For those of you who like mellow style, 'Ice' as an excellent one to enjoy.

The CD package come with thick double CD jewel case that is my favorite. The booklet and sleeve note clearly defines the compilation CD and I really enjoy reading the booklet. Recommended!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#244086) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 11, 2009

3 stars Over 140 minutes of Camel are included on this double collection from 1983. Not much is missing from this fine collection that takes us from the very beginnings up to the 1980's Camel. It would really be nitpicking to complain about any missing tracks that someone felt should be included. But, most ... (read more)

Report this review (#752852) | Posted by mohaveman | Sunday, May 13, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I never liked compilations. In my opinion what is nice about separate releases is the whole feeling they have. Especially in progressive a band can change completely from one release to another and this has even been a problem in categorizing prog bands making it difficult to put them to only ... (read more)

Report this review (#91363) | Posted by sularetal | Saturday, September 23, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This box-set is a wonderfull collection on Camel long career to 1993. Thereīre two very simple divisions here: Disc1: Camel more progressive side; Disc2: Camel well into the 80īs with his pros and cons, a decade full of changes for prog music. More prog oriented brains donīt like disc 2 just f ... (read more)

Report this review (#38020) | Posted by | Wednesday, June 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I would caution the listener who wants to get an introduction to Camel, due to the varying quality of the music spanning Camel's long career. There are some great tracks throughout the compilation, like Skylines, Whispers In The Rain, Echoes and The Sleeper, and many of the tracks on side 1, b ... (read more)

Report this review (#2452) | Posted by EMinkovitch | Monday, March 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A good compilation as it starts at the beginning of Camels career and takes it through the many personnel changes and changes of styles from the symphonic prog of the 70's through the more pop oriented sounds of the 80s. The first CD with the older material is going to appeal more to a serious ... (read more)

Report this review (#2451) | Posted by mikem | Monday, March 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Wonderful music, wrapped in a very well produced box set. It takes you through several phases of the band, with lots of information. It is incredible to me how long has lasted Andy Latimerīs musical creativity. I really donīt know any other musician that composed so much good material for more ... (read more)

Report this review (#2450) | Posted by mauriciov | Sunday, March 20, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars The first disc starts of great "Never let go" and "Freefall" are early Camel classics, but after this the music slowly starts changing. The melody and the subtle Camel style is influenced by the 80s. One wonders what happened to them at this phase. Disc 2 highlights the very best from the '80s which ... (read more)

Report this review (#2448) | Posted by | Thursday, March 04, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAMEL "Echoes"