ECHOES

3. Lady Fantasy (12:43)
-Encounter
-Smiles for You lady Fantasy
4. Rhayader (3:23)
5. Rhayader goes to Town (4:58)
6. Song Within a song (7:12)
7. Air Born (5:02)
CD 2: (73:07)
1. Breathless (4:19)
2. Echoes (7:17)
3. The Sleeper (7:02)
4. Your love is Stranger than Mine (3:22)
5. Hymn to Her (5:36)
6. Ice (10:10)
7. Drafter (4:17)
8. Lies (4:58)
9. Sasquatch (4:41)
10. You are the One (5:22)
11. Refugee (3:45)
12. West Berlin (5:08)
13. Mother TRoad (4:16)
14. Whispers in the Rain (2:54)

Search CAMEL Echoes lyrics

Search CAMEL Echoes tabs

- Kit Watkins / keyboards
- Phil Collins / percussion
- Anthony Phillips / guitar (12 String)
- Rupert Hine / vocals
- Duncan Mackay / keyboards
- Simon Phillips / drums
- Ton Scherpenzeel / synthesizer, piano, accordion
- David Paton / bass
- Pete Bardens / organ, synthesizer, piano, keyboards, piano (electric), vocals, clavinet, Moog synthesizer, mellotron, Arp
- Colin Bass / bass, vocals
- Christopher Bock / drums
- Paul Burgess / drums
- Mel Collins / clarinet, flute, saxophone, sax (Alto)
- Martin Drover / Flugel horn
- Brian Eno / piano, Moog synthesizer, bells
- Doug Ferguson / bass, vocals
- Malcolm Griffiths / trombone
- Graham Jarvis / drums
- Andy Latimer / synthesizer, flute, guitar, piano, recorder, vocals, Moog synthesizer, Fretless bass
- Jan Schelhaas / keyboards
- Richard Sinclair / bass, vocals
- Andy Ward / percussion, drums
- Don Harris / keyboards

CAMEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAMEL Echoes Music

Camel Productions 2002
DVD$21.48
Harbour of TearsHarbour of Tears
Camel Productions 2006
CAMEL**1973-1985: RAINBOW'S END AN ANTHOLOGY**4 CD SET US $46.96 Buy It Now 32m 5s
THE HIPPIE BOYS "CAT NIP" 1969 UK CAMEL US $35.65 [4 bids]
51m 20s
D.J. SHADOW/Q-BERT'-'CAMEL BOBSLED RACE US $2.99 [0 bids]
54m 11s
Camel - Live At Bbc In London, 1977 NEW LP US $36.77 Buy It Now 55m 9s
CAMEL BREATHLESS USA ARISTA IMPORT VINYL LP + INNER SLEEVE* NEAR MINT VINYL ITEM US $18.59 Buy It Now 56m 21s
2003 CAMEL RIDERS ft NKEMDI Twisted 12" SINGLE SUBLIMINAL RECORDS US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
PETER FRAMPTON**WIND OF CHANGE/FRAMPTONS CAMEL**2CD US $25.19 Buy It Now 1h 43m
A.B. SKHY - CAMEL BACK b/w JUST WHAT I NEED - MGM 45 -1969 US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 20m
CAMEL**1973-1985: LUNAR SEA ANTHOLOGY**2 CD SET US $24.92 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Camel - Rain Dances US $12.00 [0 bids]
Camel - Nude French Import US $20.00 [0 bids]
Camel - The Single Factor US $12.00 [0 bids]
Camel - Breathless US $12.00 [0 bids]
Marsupilami Arena Mini LP CD JAPAN OBI ARC-7099 / Peter Bardens Camel US $29.99 [1 bids]
(CD495) Two Camel, Classics for Children - DJ CD US $6.37 Buy It Now 3h 21m
CAMEL - SINGLE FACTOR - BONUS TRACK (REISSUE) NEW CD US $34.09 Buy It Now 3h 48m
WIDE HORIZONS: JAH WOBBLE,GINGER BAKER,YELLO,JON AND VANGELIS,YELLO,CAMEL++[NEW] US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 16m
Stationary Traveller by Camel (CD, May-1989, Universal/Polygram) US $6.58 Buy It Now 4h 40m
PETER FRAMPTON FRAMPTON'S CAMEL LP 1973 STEREO WITH POSTER EXCELLENT CONDITION! US $10.99 Buy It Now 4h 47m
CAMEL - ANTHOLOGY NEW CD US $16.34 Buy It Now 5h 7m
Camel [Remaster] by Camel (CD, Jun-2002, Universal/Um3) US $8.85 Buy It Now 5h 7m
PETE BARDENS Seen One Earth ROCK LP CINEMA Camel DMM Promo Hole ORIG INNER US $9.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL RIDERS FEAT. NKEMDI AMADIUME so high 12" VG+ SUB 95 House 2003 Record US $6.00 Buy It Now 5h 17m
THE CAMEL DRIVERS: Sunday Morning 6 O'clock/Give It a Try (45) Ships WORLDWIDE! US $2.95 Buy It Now 5h 53m
Mirage [Japan Bonus Tracks] [Remaster] by Camel (CD, Jun-2002, Universal/Um3) US $7.52 Buy It Now 6h 8m
The Snow Goose [Bonus Tracks] [Remaster] by Camel (CD, Jun-2002, Universal/Um3) US $7.24 Buy It Now 6h 8m
BOB TOM RADIO SHOW COMEDY HUMOR FUNNY 6 CD LOT PLANET GONE WILD CAMEL TOE CLEAN US $9.99 [0 bids]
BOB CROSBY - 1939 CAMEL CARAVAN SHOWS NEW CD US $24.06 Buy It Now 6h 17m
Rabih Abou-Khalil - Blue Camel (CD, Enja) Charlie Mariano Steve Swallow Wheeler US $6.95 [1 bids]
PETER BARDENS Vintage '69 UK Vinyl LP 1976 Transatlantic Recs. Prog Psych CAMEL US $7.98 [0 bids]
CAMEL Breathless Vinyl LP 1978 Arista AB-4206 Progressive Rock Peter Bardens US $3.98 [0 bids]
BENNY GOODMAN: Camel Caravans !!! Sandy Hook Records, Like New Condition !!! US $3.00 [0 bids]
Sopwith Camel The Miraculous Hump Returns From The Moon MS2108 US $19.95 Buy It Now 7h 6m
Camel - Raindances NEW CD US $8.33 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Kray Cherubs ?- Teen Camel US Forced Exposure 7" 1989 US $7.99 Buy It Now 8h 33m
SOPWITH CAMEL self-titled Kama Sutra LP MGM 1967 stereo SF psych rock EX- vinyl US $18.00 Buy It Now 9h 7m
PETE BARDENS water colors CD CAMEL LV92 US $3.99 Buy It Now 9h 48m
CAMEL - Gang Of The Live - Japan CD J-POP - 8Tracks US $10.90 Buy It Now 13h 31m
Camel - Breathless - Andy Latimer CD New US $13.18 Buy It Now 13h 42m
Camel - Rain Dances - Andy Latimer Remastered CD New + bonus US $16.94 Buy It Now 13h 42m
Camel Andy Latimer - Stationary Traveller - CD New US $11.30 Buy It Now 13h 43m
CAMEL the snow goose SKL-R 5207 2W/3W uk decca LP PS EX/EX US $15.26 Buy It Now 14h
CAMEL - MIRAGE [BONUS TRACK] [SHM] - NEW CD US $17.23 Buy It Now 14h 41m
CAMEL THE SNOW GOOSE 1975 JAPAN CD OBI 3300yen P33L 1ST PRESS US $45.99 Buy It Now 15h 7m
CAMEL THE SNOW GOOSE JAPAN CD OBI 3300yen P33L 1ST PRESS US $59.99 Buy It Now 15h 8m
CAMEL - CAMEL [BONUS TRACK] [SHM] - NEW CD US $20.98 Buy It Now 15h 13m
Peter Frampton Framton's Camel 1973 Press Original, EXC, Steam Clean, A+ SOUND US $6.99 [0 bids]
Camel - Rain Dances - 5314610 US $11.58 Buy It Now 16h 38m
Camel - Lunar Sea - An Anthology 1973 - 1985 - 8829952 US $16.26 Buy It Now 16h 39m
Camel - Rainbows End A Camel Anthology 1973-85 [CD New] US $42.16 Buy It Now 16h 40m
Camel - Nude - 8108802 US $11.58 Buy It Now 16h 46m
CAMEL / RAJAZ (JAPAN CD/W.OBI) HDCD US $10.49 [2 bids]
PETER FRAMPTON FRAMPTON CAMEL LP 1973 US $2.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL**STATIONARY TRAVELLER**CD US $11.08 Buy It Now 18h 48m
ALAN FREED 45 The Camel Rock CORAL Instrumental R&B Promo ORIGINAL #BB1002 US $25.00 Buy It Now 19h
DUST..S/T..ORG '71 KAMA SUTRA FROM A DRY CAMEL HARD-PSYCH SEALED!! US $125.00 Buy It Now 19h 9m
BOSS REGGAE x 12 ORIG UK 45s TROJAN-CAMEL-CRAB--NU BEAT-T. ISLE-PAMA-JACKPOT US $20.37 [0 bids]
PETER BARDENS write my name in the dust 2 CD CAMEL US $29.99 Buy It Now 19h 34m
CAMEL---MOONMADNESS US $7.00 [0 bids]
Camel Mirage Record Vinyl rock US $4.01 [0 bids]
CAMEL NUDE 1981 LP ORIG US NM w/ UK GATEFOLD SLEEVE DECCA GENESIS YES CARAVAN US $4.99 [0 bids]
Camel - Camel - 8829252 US $12.37 Buy It Now 20h 34m
CAMEL TOE - BOB & TOM - 2 CDs - HILARIOUS US RADIO COMEDY ALBUM - FREE P&P US $14.36 Buy It Now 20h 39m
CAMEL HEADS - Anoluz (reissue) - LP US $33.08 Buy It Now 21h 5m
A B SKHY - CAMEL BACK (2 versions) - US MGM DJ Funky EZ Hammond HEAR US $20.35 Buy It Now 21h 15m
BOB CROSBY - Camel Caravan - Excellent Con LP Record US $13.56 Buy It Now 21h 21m
Jack Blanchard & Misty Morgan - Humphrey The Camel 45 1971 US $0.99 Buy It Now 21h 23m
Riley,T. - Shri Camel [CD New] US $7.00 Buy It Now 21h 28m
Camel - I Can See Your House From Here [CD New] US $10.15 Buy It Now 21h 37m
Camel Toe * by Bob & Tom (CD, Dc Ventures) US $8.99 [0 bids]
Camel [CD New] US $21.09 Buy It Now 21h 48m
PJ and THE GENTRY The Wounded Camel MOD GARAGE PROMO 45 on BEAVER M- US $7.99 [1 bids]
CAMEL MOONMADNESS LONDON GP-1035 Japanese pressing PROMO OBI Vinyl LP US $18.50 [4 bids]
CAMEL RAIN DANCES LONDON GP-1090 Japanese pressing PROMO OBI Vinyl LP US $7.50 [3 bids]
The Camel's Back, Psapp, New US $4.99 Buy It Now 22h 11m
Camel Odeon Theatre Birmingham Monday 3rd October Ticket 1977 Ex US $8.49 [0 bids]
CAMEL The Single Factor PASSPORT LP Smooth Prog Rock US $4.99 [0 bids]
" AIN'T NO SUNSHINE. " ken boothe. CAMEL 7in 1972. US $25.38 [5 bids]
" HIT ME HONEY. " the walter's all stars. CAMEL7in 1971. US $32.25 [3 bids]
Camel - Lunar Sea: An Anthology 1973-85 [CD New] US $11.22 Buy It Now 23h 36m
Crosby,Bob & Bobcats - 1939 Camel Caravan Shows [CD New] US $14.63 Buy It Now 23h 36m
" THE WORM. " lloyd robinson. CAMEL 7in 1970. US $16.89 [1 bids]
CAMEL - RAINBOWS END: A CAMEL ANTHOLOGY 1973-1985 NEW CD US $74.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE FEDERALS-IN THIS WORLD/YOU BETTER CALL ON ME-7'CAMEL 40 -OG-UNPLAYED!!! US $84.87 [7 bids]
Johnny Zorro on Bravo Records - Roadhog / Camel Train - LISTEN US $9.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL**SNOW GOOSE**2 CD SET US $20.73 Buy It Now 1 day
? William Truckaway - Breakaway (a.k.a. William Sievers of Sopwith Camel) (PL) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel Rain Dances LP NM PB9858 1977 US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - MOONMADNESS (DLX) NEW CD US $39.49 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL The Snow Goose LP Vinyl Record Album EX+ MEGA RARE UK + Inner US $8.47 [0 bids]
CAMEL Breathless LP Vinyl Record Album EX+ MEGA RARE UK + Inner A1 / B1 US $8.47 [0 bids]
CAMEL Moonmadness 1st Limited Edition Mini LP Digital Remaster CD Japan US $20.14 [0 bids]
1973 A&M RECORD'S SP-4389 " FRAMPTON'S CAMEL " W/ POSTER US $4.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Peter Frampton "Frampton's Camel US $4.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL - SNOW GOOSE (DLX) NEW CD US $39.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Bob & Tom Camel Toe 2 Disc CD Set Dc Ventures US $5.99 [1 bids]
RARE PICTURE SLEEVE A.B. Skhy MGM 4628 Camel Back US $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
THE ORIGINAL STARFIRES "Fender Bender/Camel Walk" on APT! GREAT EARLY ROCK! US $5.00 [0 bids]
Peter Frampton "Frampton's Camel" A&M 1973 w/ Wall Poster US $26.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel : Camel Collection CD US $9.72 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CAMEL music online Buy CAMEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAMEL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAMEL Echoes ratings distribution

CAMEL Echoes reviews

Review by Chris S
3 stars Excellent double set compilation. Definitely for the completeist Camel fan and for those just wanting the best of a few decades. Sure there are some jewels missing but overall what is on offer is highly listenable. From the excellent Echoes, Freefall, Ice to name a few.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#2449) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 01, 2004

Review by progaardvark
3 stars Back in the 1990s I was just rediscovering what prog was all about and after spending much time perusing the old GEPR web site, I came across a band with a very lengthy discography that I had never heard of before. That band was called Camel. The descriptions made them out to be in the same league as our trusty favorites from that era: Genesis, Yes, ELP, Van der Graaf Generator, etc. As to why I had never heard of them is beyond me. Their music was never played on the radio in the 1980s. Their albums apparently went unnoticed to me as I perused used record stores all those years ago. Thanks to the Internet, another undiscovered gem has graced my ears.

After having found Camel on the Internet, finding them in CD stores was another story (maybe I just live on the wrong part of the planet?). But perseverance and a little luck brought me to Echoes, a 2-CD compilation released in 1993. Right from the first track I could tell I came across something special and right then I knew the descriptions of this band as being one of the best of the 1970s progressive rock era were absolutely true. As the disc continued to play, I became ever more enthralled with my discovery. Freefall, Lady Fantasy, Rhayader, Song Within a Song, and Lunar Sea (one of the greatest songs ever!). What an amazing band this was. Latimer and Bardens were quite a skillful keyboard/guitar duo. Their interplay was impeccable.

Then I started to hear the same signs that many of the prog greats went through. As the disc progressed and then onto the second disc, I literally saw the transformation of a symphonic prog band into a band coerced into making radio-friendly pop rock. In many ways, Camel's transformation was worst than Genesis or Yes. At least for them, I could stand their pop rock. Camel was a different animal altogether. For most of the second disc, it was truly a skipping affair in my CD player.

Even though the second disc of Echoes leaves much to be desired, I still think this is an absolutely wonderful introduction to Camel. After all, it lead me to start acquiring all the important Camel albums of the 1970s. Also the historical notes contained within the accompanying booklet are very well done. However, in the grand scheme of things this compilation isn't for everyone. It's primarily for the uninitiated and completionists. If you're familiar with Camel, I would instead recommend getting their albums from their 1973-1976 period, skip over their 1980s output and jump right into their 1990s-2000s period. For those of you who have never heard of Camel, Echoes is a good start. Three stars.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#163171) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Review by Gatot
4 stars For some reason I played this CD this weekend because I really wanted to play seventies music. And the package of this double CD made me pay attention to grab from my CD shelf, and also because Camel is a definitely a seventies band with one critical member who never left the band: Andy Latimer. It's similar with King Crimson who has always had Robert Fripp as main member. So I spun it and I was amazed with the music, coming from selection of the band's twenty years career from 1972 to 1992, especially with some masterpiece tracks (Lady Fantasy, Rhayader, etc). The beauty of Camel music is basically in its blend of various kinds of music from popo, rock, jazz, classical and symphonic. And each individual album of Camel is basically different from one to another even though Latimer always involved.

AS far as this compilation concern, I recommend you to have this boxed set whether you are newbie or old fans. For newbies, this is an excellent selection of the band's excellent tracks so that it may satisfy you even though it does not represent the whole story of the band. For an old fan this compilation tracks the band's journey in 20 years span of career. The fans must recognize very well with legendary tracks like 'Lady Fantasy' which has everything that requires a band being called as prog band because it has nice changes of style over the span of the song duration.

Great tracks here including "Lady Fantasy" that moves dynamically from one segment to another, coupled with a inventive Hammond organ work. 'Rhayader' and 'Rhayader Goes To Town' are also very nice song followed with 'Lunar Sea". You may find also 'The Sleeper' that has an exploration into jazzy music. 'Hymn to Her' is another legendary track in symphonic style. For those of you who like mellow style, 'Ice' as an excellent one to enjoy.

The CD package come with thick double CD jewel case that is my favorite. The booklet and sleeve note clearly defines the compilation CD and I really enjoy reading the booklet. Recommended!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#244086) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 11, 2009

3 stars Over 140 minutes of Camel are included on this double collection from 1983. Not much is missing from this fine collection that takes us from the very beginnings up to the 1980's Camel. It would really be nitpicking to complain about any missing tracks that someone felt should be included. But, most ... (read more)

Report this review (#752852) | Posted by mohaveman | Sunday, May 13, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I never liked compilations. In my opinion what is nice about separate releases is the whole feeling they have. Especially in progressive a band can change completely from one release to another and this has even been a problem in categorizing prog bands making it difficult to put them to only ... (read more)

Report this review (#91363) | Posted by sularetal | Saturday, September 23, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This box-set is a wonderfull collection on Camel long career to 1993. Thereīre two very simple divisions here: Disc1: Camel more progressive side; Disc2: Camel well into the 80īs with his pros and cons, a decade full of changes for prog music. More prog oriented brains donīt like disc 2 just f ... (read more)

Report this review (#38020) | Posted by | Wednesday, June 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I would caution the listener who wants to get an introduction to Camel, due to the varying quality of the music spanning Camel's long career. There are some great tracks throughout the compilation, like Skylines, Whispers In The Rain, Echoes and The Sleeper, and many of the tracks on side 1, b ... (read more)

Report this review (#2452) | Posted by EMinkovitch | Monday, March 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A good compilation as it starts at the beginning of Camels career and takes it through the many personnel changes and changes of styles from the symphonic prog of the 70's through the more pop oriented sounds of the 80s. The first CD with the older material is going to appeal more to a serious ... (read more)

Report this review (#2451) | Posted by mikem | Monday, March 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Wonderful music, wrapped in a very well produced box set. It takes you through several phases of the band, with lots of information. It is incredible to me how long has lasted Andy Latimerīs musical creativity. I really donīt know any other musician that composed so much good material for more ... (read more)

Report this review (#2450) | Posted by mauriciov | Sunday, March 20, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars The first disc starts of great "Never let go" and "Freefall" are early Camel classics, but after this the music slowly starts changing. The melody and the subtle Camel style is influenced by the 80s. One wonders what happened to them at this phase. Disc 2 highlights the very best from the '80s which ... (read more)

Report this review (#2448) | Posted by | Thursday, March 04, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAMEL "Echoes"