ECHOES

3. Lady Fantasy (12:43)
-Encounter
-Smiles for You lady Fantasy
4. Rhayader (3:23)
5. Rhayader goes to Town (4:58)
6. Song Within a song (7:12)
7. Air Born (5:02)
CD 2: (73:07)
1. Breathless (4:19)
2. Echoes (7:17)
3. The Sleeper (7:02)
4. Your love is Stranger than Mine (3:22)
5. Hymn to Her (5:36)
6. Ice (10:10)
7. Drafter (4:17)
8. Lies (4:58)
9. Sasquatch (4:41)
10. You are the One (5:22)
11. Refugee (3:45)
12. West Berlin (5:08)
13. Mother TRoad (4:16)
14. Whispers in the Rain (2:54)

Search CAMEL Echoes lyrics

Search CAMEL Echoes tabs

- Kit Watkins / keyboards
- Phil Collins / percussion
- Anthony Phillips / guitar (12 String)
- Rupert Hine / vocals
- Duncan Mackay / keyboards
- Simon Phillips / drums
- Ton Scherpenzeel / synthesizer, piano, accordion
- David Paton / bass
- Pete Bardens / organ, synthesizer, piano, keyboards, piano (electric), vocals, clavinet, Moog synthesizer, mellotron, Arp
- Colin Bass / bass, vocals
- Christopher Bock / drums
- Paul Burgess / drums
- Mel Collins / clarinet, flute, saxophone, sax (Alto)
- Martin Drover / Flugel horn
- Brian Eno / piano, Moog synthesizer, bells
- Doug Ferguson / bass, vocals
- Malcolm Griffiths / trombone
- Graham Jarvis / drums
- Andy Latimer / synthesizer, flute, guitar, piano, recorder, vocals, Moog synthesizer, Fretless bass
- Jan Schelhaas / keyboards
- Richard Sinclair / bass, vocals
- Andy Ward / percussion, drums
- Don Harris / keyboards

CAMEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAMEL Echoes Music

Harbour of TearsHarbour of Tears
Camel Productions 2006
CAMEL - NUDE (VINYL) US $1.59 [0 bids]
34m 19s
DJ Shadow - Camel Bobsled Race (2003) - CD album - very good condition US $5.61 Buy It Now 34m 58s
PSAPP " THE CAMEL'S BACK " PROMO CD ALBUM EXCELLENT 2008 US $6.40 Buy It Now 1h 6m
CAMEL Underage CD Mini LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
CAMEL On The Road 1982 JAPAN mini lp CD SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
CAMEL - BREATHLESS [CAMEL] - NEW CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 2h 6m
CAMEL - SINGLE FACTOR [SHM] - NEW CD US $27.47 Buy It Now 2h 12m
CAMEL the single factor JAPAN mini lp SHM CD PETER BARDENS GENESIS CURVED AIR SS US $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 20m
CAMEL coming of age JAPAN MINI LP 2 CD Andy Latimer SEALED US $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 20m
CAMEL - S/T / (LP) Holland Pressing US $15.00 [0 bids]
CAMEL - The Snow Goose / JANUS (LP) U.S. Pressing US $8.00 [0 bids]
CAMEL - Mirage / JANUS (LP) U.S. Pressing US $8.00 [0 bids]
Camel - I Can See Your House From Here - ECLEC2158 US $16.88 Buy It Now 3h 45m
SOPWITH CAMEL - TREADIN/HELLO, HELLO - 45 W/SLEEVE US $0.99 [0 bids]
A Man's Not a Camel by Frenzal Rhomb  HITS  Minty CD  New Case  Free Ship US $7.50 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Camel SMOOTH MOVES ?- Clap Your Hands (Get Up & Dance) - RARE CASSETTE TAPE US $5.99 [0 bids]
Sopwith Camel Pop Psych 45 & PS Postcard From Jamaica Little Orphan Annie 7" US $8.00 Buy It Now 5h 19m
SOPWITH CAMEL: Postcard From Jamaica (rock & pop 45) US $12.00 Buy It Now 6h 8m
Snow Goose - Camel New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $20.79 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Rudyard Kipling"How The Rhinoceros Got His Skin & How The Camel Got His Hump"LP US $4.95 Buy It Now 7h 22m
SCORPIONS LONESOME CROW CD HELLOWEEN ACCEPT IRON MAIDEN THIN LIZZY CAMEL DIO HTF US $15.50 [0 bids]
Camel - Single Factor [CD New] US $22.49 Buy It Now 7h 39m
Breathless by Camel *New CD* US $15.67 Buy It Now 8h 12m
CAMEL - The Snow Goose LP Vinyl Record VG++/VG++ Passport Records PB 9856 US $11.99 Buy It Now 8h 13m
Last Camel In Paris by Terry Riley *New CD* US $13.49 Buy It Now 8h 15m
CAMEL - I Can See Your House From Here LP Vinyl Record VG++/VG++ Arista AB 4254 US $8.79 Buy It Now 8h 20m
Camel - On The Road 1981 [CD New] US $15.22 Buy It Now 8h 28m
Spy-Fi 12" Record - Camel Walk Prado Stomp/el Bruto. Jack Prongo Remix US $5.00 Buy It Now 9h
Camel-I can see your house from here-LP-1979-TXS R 137-VG+ US $16.02 [0 bids]
CAMEL - NUDE [REMASTERED & EXPANDED EDITION] - NEW CD US $15.01 Buy It Now 9h 18m
ROMAN STEWART / CARL PITTERSON - WOLVERTON MOUNTAIN EX CAMEL US $12.81 Buy It Now 9h 39m
Camel Breathless Arista AB 4206 LP US $6.00 [0 bids]
PROG ROCK/ Camel - The Single Factor (LP) US $7.99 Buy It Now 9h 55m
Pink Floyd Yes Camel Frank Zappa Progressive Rock Jazz Fusion Free Download US $13.60 Buy It Now 10h
Camel LP Moon madness UK Decca 1st Press Blair Matrix & LOVELY COPY US $1.59 [1 bids]
Camel - Rain Dances EMPTY BOX for Mini LP CD Japan DISK UNION VERY RARE OOP!!!!! US $50.00 Buy It Now 10h 22m
THE BEST OF CAMEL AN OASIS OF SOUNDS REGGAE SKA LP PAMA 1969 UK ULTRA RARE ?? US $239.85 [34 bids]
Sopwith Camel 45 Hello Hello / Treadin 7" vinyl rpm KAMA SUTRA RECORDS 217 US $4.65 [0 bids]
Camel - The Snow Goose Japan SHM-SACD NEW!!! US $54.99 [1 bids]
CAMEL**MOON MADNESS**CD US $14.76 Buy It Now 10h 53m
THE SOPWITH CAMEL s/t RARE 1967 ORIGINAL 1ST PRESS S.F. FOLKY PSYCH ROCK HIPPIE US $9.99 [0 bids]
11h
CAMEL**CAMEL**CD US $14.76 Buy It Now 11h 3m
PETER BARDENS heart to heart Japan MINI LP CD (CAMEL) US $19.99 [0 bids]
SOPWITH CAMEL, 60s GARAGE INVASION 45, KAMASUTRA LABEL US $2.50 Buy It Now 11h 24m
CAMEL On The Road 1972 JAPAN mini lp CD SEALED US $14.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL the paris collection JAPAN mini lp CD SEALED US $14.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL On The Road 1982 JAPAN mini lp CD SEALED US $14.99 [0 bids]
JNS-3 CAMEL Moonmadness OOP NEW 12" Vinyl Record Rock US $11.99 [0 bids]
013 LITTLE ROYS-FIGHT THEM-DREADLOCKS-MATADOR-CAMEL-1970- REGGAE 45 7" US $49.00 Buy It Now 11h 35m
Camel - Live At Bbc In London, 1977 NEW LP US $34.73 Buy It Now 11h 47m
Val Bennett / Soul Cats - Midnight Spin UK 1969 Camel 7" Single US $48.10 [4 bids]
CAMEL BREATHLESS USA ARISTA IMPORT VINYL LP + INNER SLEEVE* NEAR MINT VINYL ITEM US $17.56 Buy It Now 11h 48m
Queens Of The Stone Age 7" Single Make It Wit Chu Needles In The Camel's Eye US $18.50 [2 bids]
2003 CAMEL RIDERS ft NKEMDI Twisted 12" SINGLE SUBLIMINAL RECORDS US $9.99 Buy It Now 12h 23m
Camel - Moonmadness JAPAN SHM-SACD US $44.99 Buy It Now 12h 24m
Camel 'Rain Dances' LP Clean Vinyl Prog Rock US $5.99 [0 bids]
PETER FRAMPTON**WIND OF CHANGE/FRAMPTONS CAMEL**2CD US $25.19 Buy It Now 12h 36m
Camel - A Live Record (Double Album) US $9.35 Buy It Now 12h 47m
A.B. SKHY - CAMEL BACK b/w JUST WHAT I NEED - MGM 45 -1969 US $9.95 Buy It Now 13h 13m
CAMEL**1973-1985: LUNAR SEA ANTHOLOGY**2 CD SET US $24.92 Buy It Now 13h 13m
CAMEL Promo Platinum SHM-CD Moon Madness +2 2014 Japan UICY-40048 US $31.61 [0 bids]
CAMEL Promo Platinum SHM-CD Rain Dances +1 2014 Japan UICY-40049 US $31.61 [0 bids]
CAMEL Promo Platinum SHM-CD Snow Goose +2 2014 Japan UICY-40047 US $31.61 [0 bids]
14h
(CD495) Two Camel, Classics for Children - DJ CD US $6.01 Buy It Now 14h 14m
FRAMPTONS CAMEL Self Titled LP EX 1973 US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 55m
WIDE HORIZONS: JAH WOBBLE,GINGER BAKER,YELLO,JON AND VANGELIS,YELLO,CAMEL++[NEW] US $6.99 Buy It Now 15h 8m
PETER FRAMPTON FRAMPTON'S CAMEL LP 1973 STEREO WITH POSTER EXCELLENT CONDITION! US $10.99 Buy It Now 15h 40m
NIGHT RANGER "BIG LIFE " LP Superb condition Still in Shrink MCA CAMEL MCA-5839 US $5.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL RIDERS FEAT. NKEMDI AMADIUME so high 12" VG+ SUB 95 House 2003 Record US $6.00 Buy It Now 16h 9m
Camel - A Live Record UK 78 2LP Decca Richard Sinclair Mel Collins Pete Bardens US $7.00 [0 bids]
Camel - I Can See Your House From Here prog 1979 US Phil Collins Mel Collins US $4.00 [0 bids]
Camel - Nude 1981 prog Passport PB 6008 US press US $4.00 [0 bids]
Camel - The Single Factor 1982 Decca Germany Prog Symphonic Space US $4.00 [0 bids]
RARE Night Ranger 12" LP NEAR MINT Big Life CAMEL MCA 5839 FREE US SHIPPING US $11.98 Buy It Now 16h 32m
CAMEL "NM WAX" The Snow Goose GP-156 LP Ag0406 US $4.99 [1 bids]
Camel I Can See Your House From Here Arista 1980 w/ Org Sleeve Prog Psych LP NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 40m
THE CAMEL DRIVERS: Sunday Morning 6 O'clock/Give It a Try (45) Ships WORLDWIDE! US $2.95 Buy It Now 16h 46m
Camel Andy Latimer - Stationary Traveller - CD New US $10.52 Buy It Now 17h 44m
Frenzal Rhomb : A Mans Not a Camel CD (1999) US $18.66 Buy It Now 17h 50m
CAMEL Mirage Lp electra Records No Reserve US $9.00 [0 bids]
CAMEL - ON THE ROAD 1981 - NEW CD US $12.24 Buy It Now 18h 7m
Frampton's Camel, ,Good, Original LP/Record - Wear to seam and cover,Vinyl, Musi US $7.98 Buy It Now 19h 19m
CAMEL - MOONMADNESS [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $5.00 Buy It Now 19h 57m
7" 45 rpm - JACK BLANCHARD & MISTY MORGAN -HUMPHREY THE CAMEL/A PLACE IN MY MIND US $1.99 Buy It Now 20h
CAMEL - ANTHOLOGY NEW CD US $30.30 Buy It Now 20h 35m
BOB CROSBY - 1939 CAMEL CARAVAN SHOWS NEW CD US $22.40 Buy It Now 21h 9m
GREASY TRUCKERS LIVE AT DINGWALLS DANCEHALL 2-LP set 1973 HENRY COW Camel GONG US $25.00 Buy It Now 22h 11m
The Sopwith Camel - s/t LP 1967 Kama Sutra "Remember HELLO, HELLO!" sticker US $19.99 Buy It Now 22h 15m
The Snow Goose by Camel *New CD* US $10.64 Buy It Now 22h 37m
Ton Scherpenzeel The lion's dream - 2013 Digipack / Kayak Camel US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - MIRAGE [BONUS TRACK] [SHM] - NEW CD US $16.68 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL THE SNOW GOOSE 1975 JAPAN CD OBI 3300yen P33L 1ST PRESS US $45.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL THE SNOW GOOSE JAPAN CD OBI 3300yen P33L 1ST PRESS US $59.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PETER FRAMPTON 8 Track Tape FRAMPTON'S CAMEL US $11.77 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - CAMEL [BONUS TRACK] [SHM] - NEW CD US $19.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel - The Snow Goose cd 2013 revised edition US $14.99 [0 bids]
ALAN FREED 45 The Camel Rock CORAL Instrumental R&B Promo ORIGINAL #BB1002 US $25.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL LP IMPORT UK The Snow Goose - Decca SKL-R.5207 (1975) US $24.75 Buy It Now 1 day
DUST..S/T..ORG '71 KAMA SUTRA FROM A DRY CAMEL HARD-PSYCH SEALED!! US $125.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL Rain Dances CD Japan 9 tracks Deram POCD-1824 obi US $14.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy CAMEL music online Buy CAMEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAMEL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAMEL Echoes ratings distribution

CAMEL Echoes reviews

Review by Chris S
3 stars Excellent double set compilation. Definitely for the completeist Camel fan and for those just wanting the best of a few decades. Sure there are some jewels missing but overall what is on offer is highly listenable. From the excellent Echoes, Freefall, Ice to name a few.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#2449) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 01, 2004

Review by progaardvark
3 stars Back in the 1990s I was just rediscovering what prog was all about and after spending much time perusing the old GEPR web site, I came across a band with a very lengthy discography that I had never heard of before. That band was called Camel. The descriptions made them out to be in the same league as our trusty favorites from that era: Genesis, Yes, ELP, Van der Graaf Generator, etc. As to why I had never heard of them is beyond me. Their music was never played on the radio in the 1980s. Their albums apparently went unnoticed to me as I perused used record stores all those years ago. Thanks to the Internet, another undiscovered gem has graced my ears.

After having found Camel on the Internet, finding them in CD stores was another story (maybe I just live on the wrong part of the planet?). But perseverance and a little luck brought me to Echoes, a 2-CD compilation released in 1993. Right from the first track I could tell I came across something special and right then I knew the descriptions of this band as being one of the best of the 1970s progressive rock era were absolutely true. As the disc continued to play, I became ever more enthralled with my discovery. Freefall, Lady Fantasy, Rhayader, Song Within a Song, and Lunar Sea (one of the greatest songs ever!). What an amazing band this was. Latimer and Bardens were quite a skillful keyboard/guitar duo. Their interplay was impeccable.

Then I started to hear the same signs that many of the prog greats went through. As the disc progressed and then onto the second disc, I literally saw the transformation of a symphonic prog band into a band coerced into making radio-friendly pop rock. In many ways, Camel's transformation was worst than Genesis or Yes. At least for them, I could stand their pop rock. Camel was a different animal altogether. For most of the second disc, it was truly a skipping affair in my CD player.

Even though the second disc of Echoes leaves much to be desired, I still think this is an absolutely wonderful introduction to Camel. After all, it lead me to start acquiring all the important Camel albums of the 1970s. Also the historical notes contained within the accompanying booklet are very well done. However, in the grand scheme of things this compilation isn't for everyone. It's primarily for the uninitiated and completionists. If you're familiar with Camel, I would instead recommend getting their albums from their 1973-1976 period, skip over their 1980s output and jump right into their 1990s-2000s period. For those of you who have never heard of Camel, Echoes is a good start. Three stars.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#163171) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Review by Gatot
4 stars For some reason I played this CD this weekend because I really wanted to play seventies music. And the package of this double CD made me pay attention to grab from my CD shelf, and also because Camel is a definitely a seventies band with one critical member who never left the band: Andy Latimer. It's similar with King Crimson who has always had Robert Fripp as main member. So I spun it and I was amazed with the music, coming from selection of the band's twenty years career from 1972 to 1992, especially with some masterpiece tracks (Lady Fantasy, Rhayader, etc). The beauty of Camel music is basically in its blend of various kinds of music from popo, rock, jazz, classical and symphonic. And each individual album of Camel is basically different from one to another even though Latimer always involved.

AS far as this compilation concern, I recommend you to have this boxed set whether you are newbie or old fans. For newbies, this is an excellent selection of the band's excellent tracks so that it may satisfy you even though it does not represent the whole story of the band. For an old fan this compilation tracks the band's journey in 20 years span of career. The fans must recognize very well with legendary tracks like 'Lady Fantasy' which has everything that requires a band being called as prog band because it has nice changes of style over the span of the song duration.

Great tracks here including "Lady Fantasy" that moves dynamically from one segment to another, coupled with a inventive Hammond organ work. 'Rhayader' and 'Rhayader Goes To Town' are also very nice song followed with 'Lunar Sea". You may find also 'The Sleeper' that has an exploration into jazzy music. 'Hymn to Her' is another legendary track in symphonic style. For those of you who like mellow style, 'Ice' as an excellent one to enjoy.

The CD package come with thick double CD jewel case that is my favorite. The booklet and sleeve note clearly defines the compilation CD and I really enjoy reading the booklet. Recommended!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#244086) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 11, 2009

3 stars Over 140 minutes of Camel are included on this double collection from 1983. Not much is missing from this fine collection that takes us from the very beginnings up to the 1980's Camel. It would really be nitpicking to complain about any missing tracks that someone felt should be included. But, most ... (read more)

Report this review (#752852) | Posted by mohaveman | Sunday, May 13, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I never liked compilations. In my opinion what is nice about separate releases is the whole feeling they have. Especially in progressive a band can change completely from one release to another and this has even been a problem in categorizing prog bands making it difficult to put them to only ... (read more)

Report this review (#91363) | Posted by sularetal | Saturday, September 23, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This box-set is a wonderfull collection on Camel long career to 1993. Thereīre two very simple divisions here: Disc1: Camel more progressive side; Disc2: Camel well into the 80īs with his pros and cons, a decade full of changes for prog music. More prog oriented brains donīt like disc 2 just f ... (read more)

Report this review (#38020) | Posted by | Wednesday, June 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I would caution the listener who wants to get an introduction to Camel, due to the varying quality of the music spanning Camel's long career. There are some great tracks throughout the compilation, like Skylines, Whispers In The Rain, Echoes and The Sleeper, and many of the tracks on side 1, b ... (read more)

Report this review (#2452) | Posted by EMinkovitch | Monday, March 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A good compilation as it starts at the beginning of Camels career and takes it through the many personnel changes and changes of styles from the symphonic prog of the 70's through the more pop oriented sounds of the 80s. The first CD with the older material is going to appeal more to a serious ... (read more)

Report this review (#2451) | Posted by mikem | Monday, March 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Wonderful music, wrapped in a very well produced box set. It takes you through several phases of the band, with lots of information. It is incredible to me how long has lasted Andy Latimerīs musical creativity. I really donīt know any other musician that composed so much good material for more ... (read more)

Report this review (#2450) | Posted by mauriciov | Sunday, March 20, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars The first disc starts of great "Never let go" and "Freefall" are early Camel classics, but after this the music slowly starts changing. The melody and the subtle Camel style is influenced by the 80s. One wonders what happened to them at this phase. Disc 2 highlights the very best from the '80s which ... (read more)

Report this review (#2448) | Posted by | Thursday, March 04, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAMEL "Echoes"