ECHOES

3. Lady Fantasy (12:43)
-Encounter
-Smiles for You lady Fantasy
4. Rhayader (3:23)
5. Rhayader goes to Town (4:58)
6. Song Within a song (7:12)
7. Air Born (5:02)
CD 2: (73:07)
1. Breathless (4:19)
2. Echoes (7:17)
3. The Sleeper (7:02)
4. Your love is Stranger than Mine (3:22)
5. Hymn to Her (5:36)
6. Ice (10:10)
7. Drafter (4:17)
8. Lies (4:58)
9. Sasquatch (4:41)
10. You are the One (5:22)
11. Refugee (3:45)
12. West Berlin (5:08)
13. Mother TRoad (4:16)
14. Whispers in the Rain (2:54)

Search CAMEL Echoes lyrics

Search CAMEL Echoes tabs

- Kit Watkins / keyboards
- Phil Collins / percussion
- Anthony Phillips / guitar (12 String)
- Rupert Hine / vocals
- Duncan Mackay / keyboards
- Simon Phillips / drums
- Ton Scherpenzeel / synthesizer, piano, accordion
- David Paton / bass
- Pete Bardens / organ, synthesizer, piano, keyboards, piano (electric), vocals, clavinet, Moog synthesizer, mellotron, Arp
- Colin Bass / bass, vocals
- Christopher Bock / drums
- Paul Burgess / drums
- Mel Collins / clarinet, flute, saxophone, sax (Alto)
- Martin Drover / Flugel horn
- Brian Eno / piano, Moog synthesizer, bells
- Doug Ferguson / bass, vocals
- Malcolm Griffiths / trombone
- Graham Jarvis / drums
- Andy Latimer / synthesizer, flute, guitar, piano, recorder, vocals, Moog synthesizer, Fretless bass
- Jan Schelhaas / keyboards
- Richard Sinclair / bass, vocals
- Andy Ward / percussion, drums
- Don Harris / keyboards

CAMEL MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CAMEL Echoes Music

The Snow GooseThe Snow Goose
Camel Productions 2013
Camel- MirageCamel- Mirage
Universal I.S. 2002
MoonmadnessMoonmadness
Polygram UK 2002
Rainbows End: A Camel Anthology 1973-1985Rainbows End: A Camel Anthology 1973-1985
Box set · Import · Remastered
Rain DancesRain Dances
101 DISTRIBUTION 2009
CamelCamel
MSI:UNIVERSAL/UM3 2002
Peter Frampton Frampton's Camel 2008 Universal/Japan Mini LP SHM-CD UICY-93598 US $31.99 Buy It Now 33m 18s
HOT GOSSIP Break Me Into Little Pieces SEXY CAMEL TOE COVER 1984 Hi NRG 12" US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
CAMEL - "Self Titled - 1st" CD (1973) ORIG US 1993 CAMEL PRODUCTIONS - RARE!! US $32.88 Buy It Now 1h 58m
CAMEL Pressure Points Live in Concert JAPAN LTD MINI LP SHM-CD SEALED US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
CAMEL - Breathless ~ VINYL LP US $11.39 Buy It Now 2h 21m
camel 7":YVONNE HARRISON-knotty screw face (hear) US $25.34 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Camel - Mirage.Orig UK Deram Gama Records - SML 1107. EX++ US $66.00 [0 bids]
Echoes: Retrospective, Camel, Good US $16.68 Buy It Now 5h 25m
Sopwith Camel - Miraculous Hump Returns From T [CD New] US $25.98 Buy It Now 7h 2m
Camel - Stationary Traveller (1996) - New - Compact Disc US $9.09 Buy It Now 7h 14m
STUMP - LIGHTS! CAMEL! ACTION! CHARLTON HESTON MEETS.. ( UK 4 TRACK 12") US $10.12 Buy It Now 7h 17m
CAMEL - The Snow Goose (reissue) - 180 gram vinyl LP US $35.65 Buy It Now 7h 59m
CAMEL The Snow Goose Ex+ Decca 1975 France LP US $11.80 Buy It Now 8h 24m
CAMEL 'I CAN SEE YOUR HOUSE FROM HERE' UK LP US $15.20 Buy It Now 8h 47m
CAMEL 'BREATHLESS' UK LP US $15.20 Buy It Now 8h 47m
VARIOUS 'THE OLD GREY WHISTLE TEST TAKE TWO' UK DOUBLE LP GENESIS CAMEL HENDRIX US $18.58 Buy It Now 9h 3m
SOPWITH CAMEL THE - SOPWITH CAMEL THE - TECD203 US $19.13 Buy It Now 9h 8m
CAMEL - MOONMADNESS (180GM) NEW VINYL US $50.35 Buy It Now 9h 13m
Vtg 45 rpm record The Sopwith Camel Postcard From Jamaica Little Orphan Annie US $9.95 Buy It Now 10h 27m
CAMEL Raindances Classic Rock US $17.00 [0 bids]
humble pie herd Peter Frampton - Frampton's Camel 1973 A&M vinyl w/poster US $12.95 [0 bids]
Keats - S/T - Alan Parsons Camel Zombies - RARE Israeli Israel Made LP US $29.99 Buy It Now 10h 42m
Camel - Snow Goose (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $34.63 Buy It Now 11h 44m
Camel - Moonmadness (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $37.17 Buy It Now 11h 52m
PETER FRAMPTON Classic "FRAMPTON'S CAMEL" VINTAGE STEREO ALBUM A US $10.50 Buy It Now 12h 15m
Camel SMOOTH MOVES ?- Clap Your Hands (Get Up & Dance) - RARE CASSETTE TAPE US $5.99 [0 bids]
Peter Knight - Camel Train 1962 7" Pye 7N 15472 US $5.92 Buy It Now 13h 4m
MICHAEL CARVIN - THE CAMEL - NEW CD US $12.05 Buy It Now 13h 11m
CAMEL I can See Your House from Here SHMCD MINI LP MLPS JAPAN CD SEALED Limited US $64.99 Buy It Now 13h 18m
Camel Music Inspired by The Snow Goose Japanese Import Album US $9.99 [0 bids]
SOPWITH CAMEL "FRANTIC DESOLATION" 1967 KAMA SUTRA-1986 UK EDSEL 185 M- US $11.99 [0 bids]
Camel The Single Factor USA Cassette Tape US $6.99 Buy It Now 14h 30m
Camel Mirage Japanese Mini LP Sleeve box BOX ONLY Prog US $15.50 [8 bids]
CHUCK PYLE Camel Rock (Cassette) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Away Laughing on a Fast Camel: Even More Confessions of George Gia Nicolson US $79.75 Buy It Now 15h 23m
CAMEL - OPENING FAREWELL: LIVE AT CATALYST NEW DVD US $35.30 Buy It Now 15h 38m
Psapp - Camel's Back [Vinyl New] US $32.99 Buy It Now 16h 9m
Psapp - Camel's Back [CD New] US $18.88 Buy It Now 16h 9m
Shri Camel by Terry Riley (Composer), Terry Riley (CD, Mar-1988, Columbia (USA)) US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE SOPWITH CAMEL Postcard From Jamaica / Lit 45 KA-224 EX+-NM (45s-3833) US $3.57 Buy It Now 16h 40m
SOPWITH CAMEL TREADIN / HELLO HELLO 45 KA 217 VG (45s-4872) US $3.57 Buy It Now 16h 54m
Cliff Nobles & Co 45 The Camel/Gettin' Away Phil LA of Soul 329 US $7.00 Buy It Now 17h 3m
Camel Toe [CD New] US $10.18 Buy It Now 17h 3m
Camel - Nod & A Wink [CD New] US $18.58 Buy It Now 17h 8m
Camel Mirage CD Progressive Rock Music Album New US $11.82 Buy It Now 17h 9m
Peter Frampton FRAMPTON'S CAMEL A&M SP4389 W/Poster EXCELLENT PROMO US $6.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL - DUST & DREAMS NEW CD US $24.23 Buy It Now 17h 20m
CAMEL - COMING OF AGE NEW CD US $36.06 Buy It Now 17h 20m
CAMEL - NEVER LET GO NEW CD US $33.40 Buy It Now 17h 20m
1960S GARAGE ROCK 45S-LOT OF 6-LEFT BANKE, CLIQUE, SOPWITH CAMEL-SEE LIST[0319] US $13.00 [0 bids]
Sopwith Camel "Sopwith Camel" Kuma Sutra KLPS-8060, RARE Psychedelic Rock! US $9.99 [0 bids]
Caravan:For Girls Who Grow Empty Promo Box+Box Obi [Japan Mini-LP no cd camel Q US $104.50 Buy It Now 18h 12m
Canarios: s/t Empty Promo Box [Japan Mini-LP no cd spain gong caravan camel Q US $38.00 Buy It Now 18h 12m
Terpandre: s/t Empty Promo Box [Japan Mini-LP no cd atoll pulsar caravan camel Q US $42.75 Buy It Now 18h 12m
Camel Rainbow's End An Anthology 1973-85 4 CD Rock Album Music Brand New Set US $49.00 Buy It Now 18h 14m
CAMEL - NOD & A WINK NEW CD US $24.23 Buy It Now 18h 20m
CANADA 1960s POP/ROCK 45 RPM THE SOPWITH CAMEL : HELLO HELLO + TREADIN' US $19.99 Buy It Now 18h 45m
Peter Frampton: Frampton's Camel W/ Poster SP 4389 US $11.62 Buy It Now 19h 3m
MOONMADNESS CAMEL DECCA 1976 12" LP 33 P-TXS-R 115 PORTUGAL ISSUE US $29.99 [0 bids]
CAMEL Japan 1978 Ex 2 LP+Obi A LIVE RECORD US $29.99 Buy It Now 19h 25m
RECORD ALBUMS CAMEL MIRAGE LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
Camel - The Single Factor (2004 Universal remaster of the 1982 progressive rock) US $5.29 Buy It Now 21h 27m
PETER FRAMPTON Frampton's Camel 73 VINYL LP A&M SP 4389 w Do You Feel Like We Do US $3.00 Buy It Now 21h 27m
Camel "Nude" 1981 North American LP / Canadian Release US $9.99 Buy It Now 21h 43m
SOPWITH CAMEL: The Miraculous Hump Returns From... LP (original pressing tan la US $18.00 Buy It Now 21h 43m
SOPWITH CAMEL: Sopwith Camel LP (drill hole, title sticker oc, sm wear spot on US $25.00 Buy It Now 21h 44m
Breathless by Camel (CD, Jun-1992, Universal/Deram) US $9.60 Buy It Now 22h 39m
NIGHT RANGER "BIG LIFE " LP Superb condition Still in Shrink MCA CAMEL MCA-5839 US $5.99 [0 bids]
I Can See Your House From Here by Camel (CD, Jan-1989, Universal/Polygram) US $6.80 Buy It Now 23h 42m
Moonmadness [Remaster] by Camel (CD, Jun-2002, Universal/Um3) US $10.38 Buy It Now 23h 43m
CAMEL LIVE IN CONCERT PRESSURE POINTS JAPAN 11 CSR COMPACT DISC CD 3300yen P33L US $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Peter Bardens - Anthology (2CD) NEW Camel (70's Prog) US $16.79 [0 bids]
CAMEL - "The Single Factor" LP 1982 ORIG 1st US PROMO w/INNER - No UPC!! US $24.88 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - "Nude" LP 1981 ORIG 1st US PROMO w/INNER (Sterling) - No UPC!! US $24.88 Buy It Now 1 day
HEAR Bill Robin 45 Camel Walk/My Blue Heaven MGM 12994 instro sax tittyshaker US $8.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Frampton's Camel US $2.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Sopwith Camel 45 Hello Hello / Treadin 7" vinyl rpm KAMA SUTRA RECORDS 217 US $4.65 [0 bids]
Caravan Live at the Fairfield Halls 1974 SEALED 2002 rem UK CD Jethro Tull Camel US $13.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan Cunning Stunts SEALED rem 2001 UK CD w/ 4 bns trx Richard Thompson Camel US $13.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Frenzal Rhomb A Man's Not A Camel CD - Like New US $14.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan Nowhere to Hide SEALED 2003 Germany CD Jethro Tull Soft Machine Camel US $37.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan The Album SEALED 2004 UK CD Soft Machine Wilde Flowers Jehro Tull Camel US $31.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan Songs for Oblivion Fishermen SEALED 1998 UK CD Camel National Health US $13.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan All Over You SEALED 1999 Uk CD Hatfield and the North Camel Gilgamesh US $17.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan S/T SEALED 2002 UK Verve CD Hatfield and the North Wilde Flowers Camel US $15.95 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL-RAIN DANCES + 7-JAPAN SHM-CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL-MOONMADNESS + 5-JAPAN SHM-CD US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Caravan Better by Far SEALED 2004 UK rem CD Steeleye Span Renaissance Camel Gong US $23.95 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL The Snow Goose LP NM/NM UK 1st -1W 1975 Decca SKLR5207 + Insert US $33.81 Buy It Now 1 day
Camel Stationary Traveller CD NEW (UK Import) US $9.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Hatfield and the North Live 1990 SEALED 1993 UK CD Matching Mole Caravan Camel US $63.95 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL I CAN SEE YOUR HOUSE FROM HERE israeli 1st press US $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JAMES WALSH (GYPSY FAME) AKA RAINBOW BRIDGE : THIRSTY CAMEL 1998 PRIVATE AOR CD US $12.97 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL Stationary Traveller CD BRAND NEW US $15.62 Buy It Now 1 day
BlackSmith-Camel Clutch CD NEW US $7.53 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - DUST AND DREAMS - NEW CD US $17.53 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL - NEVER LET GO [CAMEL] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $23.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Peter Frampton Framptoms Camel White Label Promo Vinyl LP 1973 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAMEL/NUDE LP JAPAN OBI 1981 US $35.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Grace Gale - Few Easy Steps To Secure Heli-Camel Safety [CD New] US $5.80 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CAMEL music online Buy CAMEL & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CAMEL DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CAMEL Echoes ratings distribution

CAMEL Echoes reviews

Review by Chris S
3 stars Excellent double set compilation. Definitely for the completeist Camel fan and for those just wanting the best of a few decades. Sure there are some jewels missing but overall what is on offer is highly listenable. From the excellent Echoes, Freefall, Ice to name a few.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#2449) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, July 01, 2004

Review by progaardvark
3 stars Back in the 1990s I was just rediscovering what prog was all about and after spending much time perusing the old GEPR web site, I came across a band with a very lengthy discography that I had never heard of before. That band was called Camel. The descriptions made them out to be in the same league as our trusty favorites from that era: Genesis, Yes, ELP, Van der Graaf Generator, etc. As to why I had never heard of them is beyond me. Their music was never played on the radio in the 1980s. Their albums apparently went unnoticed to me as I perused used record stores all those years ago. Thanks to the Internet, another undiscovered gem has graced my ears.

After having found Camel on the Internet, finding them in CD stores was another story (maybe I just live on the wrong part of the planet?). But perseverance and a little luck brought me to Echoes, a 2-CD compilation released in 1993. Right from the first track I could tell I came across something special and right then I knew the descriptions of this band as being one of the best of the 1970s progressive rock era were absolutely true. As the disc continued to play, I became ever more enthralled with my discovery. Freefall, Lady Fantasy, Rhayader, Song Within a Song, and Lunar Sea (one of the greatest songs ever!). What an amazing band this was. Latimer and Bardens were quite a skillful keyboard/guitar duo. Their interplay was impeccable.

Then I started to hear the same signs that many of the prog greats went through. As the disc progressed and then onto the second disc, I literally saw the transformation of a symphonic prog band into a band coerced into making radio-friendly pop rock. In many ways, Camel's transformation was worst than Genesis or Yes. At least for them, I could stand their pop rock. Camel was a different animal altogether. For most of the second disc, it was truly a skipping affair in my CD player.

Even though the second disc of Echoes leaves much to be desired, I still think this is an absolutely wonderful introduction to Camel. After all, it lead me to start acquiring all the important Camel albums of the 1970s. Also the historical notes contained within the accompanying booklet are very well done. However, in the grand scheme of things this compilation isn't for everyone. It's primarily for the uninitiated and completionists. If you're familiar with Camel, I would instead recommend getting their albums from their 1973-1976 period, skip over their 1980s output and jump right into their 1990s-2000s period. For those of you who have never heard of Camel, Echoes is a good start. Three stars.

Send comments to progaardvark (BETA) | Report this review (#163171) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Review by Gatot
4 stars For some reason I played this CD this weekend because I really wanted to play seventies music. And the package of this double CD made me pay attention to grab from my CD shelf, and also because Camel is a definitely a seventies band with one critical member who never left the band: Andy Latimer. It's similar with King Crimson who has always had Robert Fripp as main member. So I spun it and I was amazed with the music, coming from selection of the band's twenty years career from 1972 to 1992, especially with some masterpiece tracks (Lady Fantasy, Rhayader, etc). The beauty of Camel music is basically in its blend of various kinds of music from popo, rock, jazz, classical and symphonic. And each individual album of Camel is basically different from one to another even though Latimer always involved.

AS far as this compilation concern, I recommend you to have this boxed set whether you are newbie or old fans. For newbies, this is an excellent selection of the band's excellent tracks so that it may satisfy you even though it does not represent the whole story of the band. For an old fan this compilation tracks the band's journey in 20 years span of career. The fans must recognize very well with legendary tracks like 'Lady Fantasy' which has everything that requires a band being called as prog band because it has nice changes of style over the span of the song duration.

Great tracks here including "Lady Fantasy" that moves dynamically from one segment to another, coupled with a inventive Hammond organ work. 'Rhayader' and 'Rhayader Goes To Town' are also very nice song followed with 'Lunar Sea". You may find also 'The Sleeper' that has an exploration into jazzy music. 'Hymn to Her' is another legendary track in symphonic style. For those of you who like mellow style, 'Ice' as an excellent one to enjoy.

The CD package come with thick double CD jewel case that is my favorite. The booklet and sleeve note clearly defines the compilation CD and I really enjoy reading the booklet. Recommended!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#244086) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 11, 2009

3 stars Over 140 minutes of Camel are included on this double collection from 1983. Not much is missing from this fine collection that takes us from the very beginnings up to the 1980's Camel. It would really be nitpicking to complain about any missing tracks that someone felt should be included. But, most ... (read more)

Report this review (#752852) | Posted by mohaveman | Sunday, May 13, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I never liked compilations. In my opinion what is nice about separate releases is the whole feeling they have. Especially in progressive a band can change completely from one release to another and this has even been a problem in categorizing prog bands making it difficult to put them to only ... (read more)

Report this review (#91363) | Posted by sularetal | Saturday, September 23, 2006 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This box-set is a wonderfull collection on Camel long career to 1993. Thereīre two very simple divisions here: Disc1: Camel more progressive side; Disc2: Camel well into the 80īs with his pros and cons, a decade full of changes for prog music. More prog oriented brains donīt like disc 2 just f ... (read more)

Report this review (#38020) | Posted by | Wednesday, June 29, 2005 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I would caution the listener who wants to get an introduction to Camel, due to the varying quality of the music spanning Camel's long career. There are some great tracks throughout the compilation, like Skylines, Whispers In The Rain, Echoes and The Sleeper, and many of the tracks on side 1, b ... (read more)

Report this review (#2452) | Posted by EMinkovitch | Monday, March 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A good compilation as it starts at the beginning of Camels career and takes it through the many personnel changes and changes of styles from the symphonic prog of the 70's through the more pop oriented sounds of the 80s. The first CD with the older material is going to appeal more to a serious ... (read more)

Report this review (#2451) | Posted by mikem | Monday, March 21, 2005 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Wonderful music, wrapped in a very well produced box set. It takes you through several phases of the band, with lots of information. It is incredible to me how long has lasted Andy Latimerīs musical creativity. I really donīt know any other musician that composed so much good material for more ... (read more)

Report this review (#2450) | Posted by mauriciov | Sunday, March 20, 2005 | Review Permanlink

2 stars The first disc starts of great "Never let go" and "Freefall" are early Camel classics, but after this the music slowly starts changing. The melody and the subtle Camel style is influenced by the 80s. One wonders what happened to them at this phase. Disc 2 highlights the very best from the '80s which ... (read more)

Report this review (#2448) | Posted by | Thursday, March 04, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CAMEL "Echoes"