A TOWER OF SILENCE

Anubis

Anubis A Tower Of Silence album cover

Buy ANUBIS Music
Studio Album, released in 2011

1. The Passing Bell (Part I-VI) (17:08)
2. Archway of Tears (5:45)
3. This Final Resting Place (8:28)
4. A Tower of Silence (9:57)
5. Weeping Willow (2:43)
6. And I Wait for my World to End (5:15)
7. The Holy Innocent (11:45)
8. All That Is (11:13)

- Douglas Skene / guitars, vocals
- Nick Antoinette / bass, vocals
- Steven Eaton / drums, vocals
- Dean Bennison / guitars, lap steel, vocals

Released by Birds Robe Records on September 23rd 2011.

Produced by Dean Bennison

Thanks to progmetalhead for the addition

ANUBIS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ANUBIS A Tower Of Silence Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
A Tower of SilenceA Tower of Silence
Imports 2012
230503230503
Anubis

More places to buy ANUBIS music online Buy ANUBIS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ANUBIS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ANUBIS A Tower Of Silence ratings distribution

ANUBIS A Tower Of Silence reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'A Tower Of Silence' - Anubis (8/10)

After a considerable wave of positive acclaim came to my attention, I decided to check out this new album by melodic proggers Anubis. This is a band that seems to have taken the prog scene by storm. Their debut record '230503' also met some positive attention, and while I am never one to take hype like this as fact, I am usually interested enough to check out what the big idea is. 'A Tower Of Silence' is the band's second album, and despite the relative youth of this band, there is certainly no lack of ambition to their music and the risks they are willing to take.

Commonly labelled as neo-prog, Anubis does tend to lean towards the more melodic side of the prog rock spectrum, which is why some of the more proggy moments here really surprised me. 'The Passing Bell' is the opening track, a seventeen minute epic that opens with a riff in such a strange time signature, it felt uncomfortable to listen to at first, as if the music was malfunctioning and skipping over a measure or two. By the time the vocals come in though, there is a nice resolution to the odd time, and things start to make more sense for the listener. 'A Tower Of Silence' opens with its most ambitious track, and as epics go, 'The Passing Bell' really works, balancing off the recurring themes with new ideas quite nicely. The epic also transitions seamlessly into the second track, the 'single' 'Archway Of Tears'. The strong musicianship carries on here, although as far as the melodies of Anubis go, there is not anything here that becomes instantly memorable or catchy. All the same, Anubis have some very melodic vocalists- yes, they all sing! While these melodies only sunk in for me on the second listen, I was instantly impressed by the vocal harmonies, which layer the choruses with warm beauty.

'A Tower Of Silence' is bookended by its two highlights, the latter of the two being 'All That Is', which cycles through a number of different moods and ends with a cinematic choral passage that reminds me of Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' and its gospel choirs. One more thing I would state about this album is the very interesting sense of production that 'A Tower Of Silence' has. It is not necessarily chaotic, but there are times here where the arrangement verges on being a wall of sound. Naturally, this is an album to listen to on the best set of speakers at your disposal. Anubis have made an excellent record here, although the album's length is overdrawn by an inch or two. Anubis are definitely on my radar now, and while only time will tell whether or not they take this mature style of theirs and do even better things, time will tell. Until then, 'A Tower Of Silence' is a very strong melodic album, with depth worth many listens.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#545434) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 07, 2011

Review by tszirmay
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars Anubis is the last of my 6 recent arrivals to be reviewed, with Frequency Drift and Mappe Nootiche leading the raves. I gave it a cursory spin that did not bode well, so I put the gorgeous cover art package back at the end of the line, keeping my fingers crossed that a second, more attentive audition would yield a perfect score. Firstly, they have balls to kick off the proceedings with a 17 minute opus, "The Passing Bell", which incidentally has only a passing reference to the PF album of almost the same name. Anubis are quite different in that the vocals are more powerful and less dreamy, while their instrumentation requires more polyvalence, though in all fairness the massive fretboard solo is Gilmour Avenue all the way. The only problem I foresee with such an audacious beginning is that it will demand numerous replay Track 1 digitalis. Not that it's overtly complex, just different, perhaps due to a slight Queen influence mentioned by other reviewers. There is no doubt that a massive sonic harvest awaits the patient gardener.

On the stupendous "Archway of Tears" the gentle and the symphonic coalesce nicely, surprised by a series of short harpsichord grooves and then exploding into a fabulous bass led thunder streak, slicing guitar slashes and impassioned vocals coming to the fore. Rumbling organ and massed chorus add even more drama and a sense of a wow factor finally appears over the horizon. The crafty guitar solo screeches like a sharper Allen Holdsworth mixed in with some Jan Akkerman, so much for ripping the same guy off (poor Dave, he must be tired of suing them all for plagiarism) .

"This Final Resting Place" revs up the engine to a sizzling level, though the sound is very Neo at this point, one would venture Pendragon or even Credo, which is no slander whatsoever.. The colossal guitar duel finishes off the track nicely, aided by glockenspiel and smooth atmospherics along the way.

The title track"A Tower of Silence" is a melancholic recall of past prog leaders (Beatles, Genesis, Marillion, Queen, Fish etc?), the vocal sections evolve constantly, each a progression from the previous with elevated melodies and delivery. The band shows of its chops as well with some spirited team playing, where all instruments enter the fray in controlled cacophony. Since all members can sing, the choir work here is really to drool over as well, some well-placed flute adding to the charm. The string work ain't too shabby either, dual guitars wailing above the 4 string fortress. This track resembles something Quebec prog group Mystery would propose on one of its albums, complete with a wicked guitar solo that aims for the stars and succeeds effortlessly.

"Weeping Willow" is nice and brief, nothing more, nothing less. A rest before the whirlwind dervish "And I Wait for my World to End" , a similar rough jewel to "Archway of Tears" with insistent bass and spellbinding guitar carving the sweeping symphonics into wide swaths of bliss, the sad lyrics highlighted by somber singing. The darkness turns into rage and the vocalist really nails it, like on Credo's magnificent "The Letter", another fantastically dynamic track.

Two 11 minute+ epics draw to a close a rather sweltering audition and both are fabulous, the dreamy and Arena-like "The Holy Innocent" barrels ahead, guitar-powered and explosive at the outset and then evolves into a magnificent sax-led blowout , heavy on the mellotron (those two always get along but so rarely on records, darn it !) . Wow again!

The 3 part "All That Is" sets the sun with unadorned splendor, soft and hard meshing thrillingly, burly bass smashing forward leading the rest, rash slashes of guitar, ardent H?´sanna Hammonds and defiant drumming. This is really tasty when the soothing synth solo takes the stage, courtesy of David Eaton, a masterstroke of utter genius. Vocalist Robert James Moulding does a superb performance that is worthy of applause. The guitars stoke once again the fiery bonfire, mellotrons ablaze towards a majestic chorale finale that is mesmerizing. Hello Oz!.

So I need not to appeal this review, as I am now convinced that future auditions will only INCREASE the level of pleasure derived from its grooves. As I mentioned earlier, if you enjoy Mystery's last 2 albums (Beneath the Veil of Winter's Face and One Among the Living), you will really dig this remarkable recording.

4.5 Egyptian gods simply because , it's a definite grower that stipulates repeated returns , which will end up eventually at 5 stars.

Send comments to tszirmay (BETA) | Report this review (#596126) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 25, 2011

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
3 stars Album that I've tried to review few times, but always deleted the words, because I simply felt few more listens are needed. And just like with other albums I've been putting out too long to review, Anubis's time has come. And it's a fine piece of work, consistent in sound (subtly exploring various aspect of it), but can I rate highly album that I know should be good, but I don't enjoy it at all ? Second listen in a row is in order I believe, because the only song I liked a lot was ending piece, All That Is, but I am afraid nothing will change. A pity, because of high recommendations I got for this album, so it's one of the biggest disappointments this year. Yet I don't dare to give less than 3 stars. After all, there will be many who will enjoy such album.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#607431) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Review by infocat
COLLABORATOR Heavy Prog Team
5 stars This is my first review. I am generally not a good reviewer, but this album has inspired me, and I simply must praise this album in words! Is this a five star album? I've only had it for a few weeks, but I've listened to it at least a half dozen times so far (including right now), and a few times on Bandcamp before that. It's at least a 4.5, maybe even 4.75, and since there are no half ratings here I will round up to 5. And honestly, I think it deserves it.

This is not neo-prog. This is pure Symphonic. Perhaps with a slightly harder edge than classic Symph, but no more-so than, say, Discipline. And really, it's probably just my imagination that some think there can be no "heavy" in Symphonic Prog. Plus honestly, it's not all that heavy, other than an occasional "guitar shred".

The bass on this album: So amazing! Some songs even have what I would call "lead bass"; or at least its the driving force of that particular section. This is something missing in many bands, where the bass is "just there".

Vocals: Wonderful! From what I can tell they have a "lead vocalist", sometimes a co-lead vocalist (the keyboard player/co-lyricist). He may sing occasional lead as well. Either that or the lead vocalist simply has a lot of different sounds! Either way, brilliant. All of the other band members are also credited (last) with vocals as well. So there are lots of lovely vocals here.

Keyboards: Lots of lovely mellotron, and some beautiful piano as well. Not much in the way of keyboard solos, but that's fine. All keyboard sounds are the classics; no lame 80s or 90s style synth patches here.

Drums: Nice. Nothing stands out as of yet, but that's perhaps because everything else is so wonderful I haven't had time to concentrate on them.

Guitars: As I've said, some great guitar here. Occasionally "heavy" but never metal. Some modern bands seem to think they always need metal in their guitar. Anubis proves this is not the case. Not that I don't like metal; I just don't think it's a requirement for being heavy or emotional. No fewer than four members are credited with guitar on this album. Two primary guitarists, along with the vocalist (someone needs to fix this on the PA credits) and the keyboard player. Can't say I ever hear more than two at a time, but hey.

Now for the lyrics. I generally don't care too much about the lyrics. As long as the singing is good, and the music is great, what more do you need? But I absolutely love these lyrics! According to their myspace page they tell the story of "...the Earthbound spirit of an 11 year old pauper's daughter, lost within the walls of the Victorian poor asylum in which she lived and died, and how she became trapped there". Before I read that I honestly thought it was a story about someones loss of religious faith and his arguments with God. Wonderful stuff, in any case!

Each song is 4.5 - 5 stars. I really can't choose a favorite, as each is wonderful, and each has its own distinct charm.

I got this too late (ordered in late December; received into January) to put it on my top picks of 2011, but here it is. Perhaps my favorite of 2011, in fact!

I will be buying their debut soon, and look forward to what they have to offer in the future!

(Yes, I am a fan of the exclamation point.)

Send comments to infocat (BETA) | Report this review (#622715) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, January 29, 2012

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
5 stars A towering symphonic journey of compelling concepts.

Anubis have a commanding sound with swathes of synths and electrifying guitars. Hailing from Australia, not renowned for its prog output, the band fly the flag with admirable virtuosity proving that excellent prog does not necessarily have to come from UK, USA, Italy or other far off places. The music deviates from spell binding synth soaked ambience to heavy crunching guitars. At times there are complex time signatures and at other times the melody dominates with a simple chord progression. Anubis create soundscapes of poignant themes and glorious lengthy instrumental breaks. There is a tension with shades of light and dark using a variation of styles that range from symphonic to Neo Prog. The actual concept according to the band's website is based on the "Earthbound spirit of an 11 year old pauper's daughter, lost within the walls of the Victorian poor asylum in which she lived and died, and how she became trapped there" and is now in limbo crying out for release. Interestingly enough I never interpreted it as such but it certainly holds interest as a compelling tale of someone attempting to escape entrapment. The tale is akin to Edgar Allan Poe's 'The Cask of Amontillado' where the villain entombs his nemesis in stone walls brick by brick in a tower, thus silencing his jibes once and for all. The album cover depicts an object trapped in time, a stop watch floats in an orb discarded on a desolate landscape. The vibrant blue is a striking design evoking pure images on a crystalline palette. The gatefold has a vibrant design of sparks trailing to a darkened sky. The booklet is adorned with a closeup of the clock, and inside are the lyrics. The CD also has an enigmatic clock design tying in with the theme of time standing still.

'The Passing Bell' is such a majestic piece of music, a 17 minute epic, wiith magnificent structures, odd time sigs, and organic flowing music encompassing many emotional resonances. I particularly like the way the song shifts into several pentatonic sigs, notably the guitar riff. The searing lead break over shimmering Hammond and pounding drums of war round off the dramatic epic feel. Pink Floyd springs to mind at times in terms of style. The vocals are replete with questions to invoke consideration; "Where is he who can't be found, where is she who calls me fear, who are you to call me here." The ambience of sustained keys and spacey effects is a mesmirising soundscape that will pervade throughout the album. There is a sudden sig change and intense vocals; "I'm feeling no connection to those who cage me here, I'm feeling no protection from the words I hear." The earthbound spirit is now calling out for redemption from the corruptible but immortal state, reaching out an unlineal hand as it were to no avail. A bell tolls with sweet synth tones leading to the next section. Ambience permeates the atmosphere, as gentle piano continues to the next verse; "I wish I could stay by your side again." The concept of searching for spiritual enlightenment appears to be the main focus, but once one knows the main premise it is actually the cries of a spirit who desires the things once enjoyed; "I wish I could pray again". She may have lost faith due to the terrible things she has had to endure, but she is searching for assurance that what she once believed is the truth; the things we may take for granted are now foremost on her mind as she is helpless to sense and to touch and to feel, well at least that is my take on it. The drums and vocals at the end are portentous of impending doom, or it could be a gateway to a new enlightenment. This is perhaps the best song on the album with some of the most inspired riffing and expressive playing by all concerned and especially the expressive vocals of Robert James Moulding.

This moves seamlessly into 'Archway of Tears' with delightful acoustic twin work virtuoso musicianship of Douglas Skene and Dean Bennison. The lyrics continue the darker themes; "evil woman with dark stare, said I was the cause of this, I lay upon the covered floor, as the tears stream down my face, I shiver from the cold night's breath, whispering my name". The vocals are clear and have a passionate and vibrant tone. This song is more like the Neo Prog of Pendragon, IQ or Arena. The acoustic phrases and mellotrons work beautifully with each other. The echoes of heavy steps at the end are foreboding perhaps signifying someone leaving the archway, escaping the tragedy that has befallen them metaphorically.

The melody is strong with 'This Final Resting Place' and I am particularly taken with the everpresent sparkling organ played by David Eaton. It is a dynamic sound from Anubis that is generated using layered multi tracking and very powerful keyboards and guitar. The glockenspiel is a nice touch and this song is one of the more reflective tracks about death. 'A Tower of Silence' is a slow melancholy piece with some potent lyrics about the tragedy of death and the spirit looks out of her silent tower envying the living humans; "lives that change, feel so light, bright, white". The lead guitar builds into the instrumental over some gorgeous organ and the percussion embellishments of Moulding. The song changes with acoustic picking and synth layers. The lyrics may be interpreted as dealing with grief and how time heals the pain; "in time you'll see, no time to grieve." The lead break that follows is vibrant with high string bends and strong sustain. The musicianship enhances the mood of sadness and reflections of a spirit who is trapped in a sepulchral tomb not able to experience the human senses; "I cannot see, I cannot breathe, I cannot feel my love." A simply haunting song that grows on you with every listen.

'Weeping Willow' is a shorter song that has beautiful music and soft harmonies; "who would bring me to this place and never show their face, they beat me to believe and push me on my knees." This track has a nice melody especially when the vocals sing; "I remain alone and faithful misguided by angels." The thunder and storm effects lead to the ominous drone of 'And I Wait for my World to End'. A spacey sound is punctuated by driving lead guitar riffage and a pulsing bassline by Nick Antoinette. The time sig is odd and especially the percussion sparks with vitality. The melody is memorable and it has a fantastic bridge with heavy distortion and Moulding's vocals sound like Roger Waters at his most manic. The ascending chord changes have a dark feel as it builds to an outbreak of more grinding organ leading to the chorus.

'The Holy Innocent' is a measured metrical shift with a steady rhythm. The lyrics are the protagonist crying out, desperately pleading; "I want to hear your voice calling out my name, with your words I'm paralysed, I need to hear them all the same." The piano motif is lovely and imposing lead guitar swells create an atmosphere of melancholia. The music sounds like Porcupine Tree or the style of IQ in places. The protagonist declares; "I live inside this cage." Escape seems impossible and it appears that she is eternally entombed; "And this dream I dream it has no sound as I lay still beneath the ground." The song ends with an incredible saxophone solo, as good as Dick Parry or Jaxon. It really lifts the music to another level and, as icing on the cake, makes this one of the classic songs on the album that should be heard by anyone who enjoys virtuoso prog. The way the song fades out with scorching sax and keyboard pads is similar to Pink Floyd's 'Money'. The clock ticking further cements this impression of sounding like "Dark Side of the Moon" in places.

A tolling piano note opens 'All That Is', a three part multi movement suite. It features in the first section 'Light of Change' mellotron dominating until heavier guitar riffs come in, and sporadic drumming. The verses include chiming keys, aggressive drums and reflective vocals; "I scale these walls that I can't see, they make no sound, they whisper to me, rescue me, from within". The way the quivering Hammond organ sound grinds in always is an effective augmentation, and there is a dreamy synth passage leading to the second section, 'The Limbo of Infants'. The cadence picks up, and the vocals are more urgent; "you and I will never know we lost that chance some time ago." Another lead break resounds with spacey textures and we are into the last section with 'Endless Opportunity'. There are choral intonations and the layered music fades out as the choral section is mixed to the front. At this point we can hear the harmonies, soaring and spiritually edifying. It sounds as if the angels have arrived and finally released the entombed spirit, well I like a happy ending so I am sticking to that.

At the end of the album there is a lasting impression that we have heard some accomplished musicianship with powerful conceptual themes. There are parts of this album that feature incredibly proficient musicianship. It washes over the listener evoking reflective thoughts and spiritual guidance. The lyrics focus on finding answers and are typically obscure enough for one to make up their own minds as to what the themes are conveying. It is certainly one of the better Neo prog albums with strong symphonic nuances throughout, especially coming from Australia, and I am so glad I was priveliged to hear such a wonderful concept album from Anubis.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#640065) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 24, 2012

Review by Warthur
5 stars Anubis were a band originally formed to bring a very specific concept to life, but evidently the warm reception their debut had amongst prog fans convinced them to give a shot at making something more of the band. A Tower of Silence is the make or break point - where it will either be shown that Anubis can create compelling material independently of the original concept, or where it will turn out that when you take the original idea behind the band away the whole thing collapses.

Amazingly, not only do the band survive the move away from their original reason for existence, but they actually thrive. A Tower of Silence is a neo-prog tour de force backed with incredible compositions. Standout track on the album is probably The Holy Innocent, which incorporates a blazing saxophone performance to back up the usual neo-prog guitar solos and keyboard flourishes. Few neo-prog bands have really used saxophone to such good effect - IQ on Capricorn from Subterranea is the only other example I can think of.

And, indeed, few neo-prog bands have been able to produce something sounding quite as fresh as this album, which boasts a distinctive sound which is clearly rooted in the prog tradition but isn't overly derivative of anyone else's style. Sheer glory from beginning to end.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#801228) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 06, 2012

5 stars Anubis' 230503 was a bit of a blindside. The band came from seemingly nowhere with a curiously edgy sounding take on classic prog. It had some excellent highs - the last two tracks sounded really vital, but the album was a bit patchy and was obviously a combination of first night nerves and in ... (read more)

Report this review (#1188361) | Posted by RedKnot | Sunday, June 08, 2014 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Little-known Australian prog scene has been growing recently, but hasnt blown me away yet. Unitopia comes closest. Anubis sound like a cross between whiny Pink Floyd and indie rock. Some reequisite Pink Floydian guitar solos and buzzy, not too loud guitar sound, bu mostly layered synths. This i ... (read more)

Report this review (#1157720) | Posted by Progrussia | Saturday, April 05, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars On first listen this album took my breath away and for the first time in a long time I found myself restarting tracks consistantly in order to keep the music flowing and in order to varify that what I was hearing was as good as I was percieving it to be. After many listens now I am still blown ... (read more)

Report this review (#996482) | Posted by sukmytoe | Friday, July 12, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars With the majestic layering of synths In the opening seconds of "The Passing Bell", it's apparent that something epic is about to happen on Anubis' album "A Tower of Silence". And the boys from Sydney don't disappoint. The guitars kick in with one of the catchier 7/8 riffs I've ever heard. It ... (read more)

Report this review (#951287) | Posted by bonestorm | Sunday, April 28, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Transcendent! Outside standard The typical disk you hear a few times and leave it, hear it again and gradually you discover that it is a rare piece, different, captivating. Admirable and compelling from the musical and emotional standpoint. When conjugated emotion, melody and progressive mu ... (read more)

Report this review (#937545) | Posted by sinslice | Sunday, March 31, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Fellow PA member Infocat, Thank You! I am a newbie and have been reviewing my favorites of the past mostly. So I thought I would come up to speed (sort of) and review this album which was recommended to me by Infocat in his response to my newbie introduction in the Forum. I have been listen ... (read more)

Report this review (#816524) | Posted by AEProgman | Friday, September 07, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Released by Anubis in 2011 is A TOWER OF SILENCE. This is a pretty good album, but in the end I only downloaded 3 songs from it to my Ipod: "Archway of tears", "Final resting Place" and "Weeping Willow". They are labeled as Neo-Prog, but I would consider this Pop-Prog or Crossover-Prog. Very much me ... (read more)

Report this review (#746933) | Posted by mohaveman | Monday, April 30, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I heard this band for the first time last night on a Progzilla podcast and thought that it sounded pretty good so i decided to do a bit of further research. I managed to find their record through an online store and purchased it. I have not stopped listening to it. I frequently use Prog Archiv ... (read more)

Report this review (#598519) | Posted by progbandit | Thursday, December 29, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars A Tower of Silence is a magnificent album. A really magnificent album. This one takes the lessons learn from the very good, but ultimately flawed debut release, turn the dial firmly to 'classic', write some bloody brilliant songs and make an album that is near-perfect. Everything about thi ... (read more)

Report this review (#587023) | Posted by Skylinedrifter | Monday, December 12, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Hometown bias aside, Anubis' second album really is a lovely piece of work. Solidifying the eclectic sound of their previous album, this takes a fair few of the traditional elements of progressive rock, mixes in a number of interesting twists and a modern flavour to create a Symphonic Prog mast ... (read more)

Report this review (#561536) | Posted by praj912 | Wednesday, November 02, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I'm sorry, folks, but, IMHO this album in no way matches up to this band's previous effort, 230503. The music has much more of a straight-forward rock'n'roll sound and feel to it--like post-Secret Treaties Blue yster Cult or something. The lyrics and singing are flat and unemotional. The sound ... (read more)

Report this review (#558670) | Posted by BrufordFreak | Friday, October 28, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This record really lives up to the promise shown by it's predecessor. It's still recognisable the same band but with a greater pallette from which to paint. It has several songs over the ten minute mark, including the breathtaking 'The Passing Bell' that runs a gamut of moods and feelings over nearl ... (read more)

Report this review (#544360) | Posted by ilikethebeach | Thursday, October 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Wow what a huge surprise! Upon hearing the second recording of Sydney based prog rockers Anubis I was stunned. I was stunned how mature the music is for a band so young. I was stunned by production of the record. But most of all i was stunned by the shear magnitude of brilliance this record ... (read more)

Report this review (#543894) | Posted by ElBoyoLoco | Thursday, October 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I find the new Anubis CD on the excellent Bandcamp site, hearing of it on their website. Welcome the sublime "A Tower of silence." I am a fan since hearing of the opus 230 503 and this second album is even better. The music, as is the ancestor is symphonic and powerful with soaring epic melodi ... (read more)

Report this review (#541162) | Posted by AlexVigne | Tuesday, October 04, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I loved the first Anubis LP. It seemed to contain all those elements that I strive for, empassioned vocals, great song writing, striking cover art, and good, extended arrangements. For a debut it was solid and I wondered where they would go from there. The last two tracks on that LP, 230503, ... (read more)

Report this review (#537090) | Posted by theinvisibleman | Thursday, September 29, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Once again, my home country is generating some of the most beautiful progressive music that this world has seen. 'A Tower of Silence' brings everything that the former record brought without some of the questionable production moments. The rhythm section, especially the bass is huge on this recor ... (read more)

Report this review (#535189) | Posted by ProgressiveMetaller | Tuesday, September 27, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANUBIS "A Tower Of Silence"